Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on a five seventy l A sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: While it's the longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 3: No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 2: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros papada Gas terrible person, He's the worst and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: The pipes, the pipes, the pie. Don't miss an episode. We're with you, Yeah, follow the petros In Money Show.
Speaker 2: Wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadacus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 4: And me co cover one condition you a dancing with us. One condition everything you see your father, then you see me, You'll feel Mick.
Speaker 3: Yes, here's what you would need. The Petro Some Money Show, an I seventy plasmarts on a Friday, six o'clock hour is here final hour of Great Sports Talk, Great Bust. A long week of full shows except for yesterday's Flex Alert because of exciting Clippers basketball, but coming up at seven o'clock. Don't worry more local programming. Our David Vassey will be here from seven to eight o'clock for the final Dodger talk of the week. He has had four of them this week. He is back and he is ready to go for some hot stove talk, including the conversation with Edwin Diaz who was introduced earlier today, who was made official and a press conference was held at Dodger Stadium which you heard right here on AI seventy LA Sports. So an exciting day. The Dodgers have their first real closer since Kenley Jansen or a Dodgery Well what a Tanner. Scott was supposed to be a real closer. He was supposed to be a real boy, but he wasn't a real boy last year.
Speaker 1: But he was like a real closer when they wouldn't have paid him that much if he was, and a real closer when they signed it.
Speaker 3: They gave her real revision is history, Real closer money, Real closer money, Bud. He did not live up to that this last year.
Speaker 1: No he did not. But we will live up to at all the expectations you have of the Petrosen Money Christmas Party, we certainly will live up to a week from yesterday, December eighteenth, Petrosen Money Live from BJ's Restaurant in brew House in West Covina three to seven, the final Petrosen Money Shoe Remote of twenty twenty five. We're going to empty out the Officina. We've got tickets, we've got gift cards, We've got the super Power posse in the house right off to ten in beautiful West Covina, with every store and restaurant all around that you could ever imagine, right in that clustered area of West Covina that was supposed to be a sewer for Covena, but the people of West Covina said no. And that is not even the final hour fun fact. So we'll see you out there.
Speaker 3: You know last year you did a remote in December from Bjays in West Covina. James Worthy was on the show. You remember who coosted that that show that day? Was it you and me? Yeah, Matt had another travel trip with the Chargers, so I filled in that day.
Speaker 1: A special travel trip with the Chargers. Fell asleep halfway through the first sentence that Joe Orty said.
Speaker 3: Now, I had some family members go to Kansas City last weekend to see the Sunday Night game? Was it this Sunday night? Yea Sunday night to Kansas They have family there, My mother in law and I cut my sister in law went. They went to the steakhouse owned by Patrick Mahomes and Travis Kelson five six seven. They didn't get in until after nine o'clock at night on Saturday night because it was so crowded. And I asked him how it was you know what? They said, Yeah, just a steakhouse. That's all it is. That's it. Yeah. Of course it got the glitz and the glamour because it's Patrick Mahomes and you know, Travis kelsabber and the glitter. But you know you're not you're not getting, you know, anything special. It's like going to a Mastros or a Morton. Okay, well that Capitol Grill. Those are good restaurants. They're very good, but it's just, you know, well, what did.
Speaker 1: They think was gonna happen? Travis Kelcey was gonna break their table like a Buffalo Bills fan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Patrick Mahomes now serves you, here's your a. No it's not happening. Okay, it's time for the funal our fun fat.
Speaker 5: In effect, it's the yeah We're three.
Speaker 3: Fun fun Fact.
Speaker 1: Fun Fact is brought to you by Can Cordia University Masters and Coaching Program.
Speaker 3: It's a fact a coach will have more influence on you than any other person in your life because you're around them more than anybody else during your impressionable high school and college years. Become one of those coaches administrators that you can be leaned on by other kids and student athletes. Go to CUI dot edu slash coaching CUI dot edu slash coaching, I can be leaned on by other kids.
Speaker 1: We've got Army Navy here this weekend, and I have a fun fact of the Army Navy game.
Speaker 3: If you're interested in that case, see I will watch this game tomorrow.
Speaker 1: From the series that was once interrupted from eighteen ninety four to eighteen ninety eight. Why the eighteen ninety three game between Army Navy was hotly contested and there was an argument afterwards between an Army general and a Navy rear admiral and they almost got into a duel. They almost killed each other over it, and it was highly publicized and it really upset the president, the commander in chief at the time, Grover Cleveland, and he was so upset that Cleveland banned the game and he started to ban in eighteen ninety four. In eighteen ninety eight it didn't play either, okay, but Teddy Roosevelt got elected new president and he pushed to have it stored. In eighteen ninety nine, the Army Navy game came back despite that rear admiral and a general in the Army getting in a near duel. Now, the game was off for a little while during World War One and then some eligibility disputes in the late twenties, but it has become a continued tradition annually.
Speaker 3: Eligibility disputes. Why he had juco guys who were in eld nineteen thirty.
Speaker 1: Well, in the late twenties they had eligibility dispute, so they probably said, like say that guy can't come back from the front in France and plays twenty eight years old, gotcha or something like that. They've got in a fight over who should be able to play in a game. But it's a continued tradition since nineteen thirty and it'll be great again.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you to Teddy Roosevelt for bringing him back the rough rider himself. Cooler heads prevailed four years later. No thank you to grow over Cleveland well, I mean, they don't make a political president Army. He's not political. He was scared that somebody was gonna get killed over it. Oh was that bad?
Speaker 1: Well, they was gonna be in a duel. They're gonna pull guns and shoot each other. You know, It's one thing to have Avery Johnson's parents fighting after the Kansas State game in Dublin. It's a whole other thing to have a National Army Navy game and the two sides shoot at each other afterwards.
Speaker 3: In our own military corrections and retraction, it wasn't his parents, it was his brother and his dad. All right, I'm sorry, And the brother was down in the street. You're right in the cutter time for quick hits. Somebody ms quick hits. Come make it quick, y'all? Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Former Michigan coach Sharon Moore was arraigned today in court and is all whites. He faces charges of felony home invasion in the third degree, misdemeanor stalking, and misdemeanor breaking and entering. Felony home invasion carries up to five years in prison and a two thousand dollars fine. Stalking one year at one thousand dollars fine. Breaking and entering up to ninety days in jail in a five hundred dollars fine. His video and is in a small room where he's wearing a white jail issued outfit, and the prosecutors alleging that Moore broke into the victims home before grabbing several butter knives and finding kitchen shears, and at that point is alleged to threaten to kill himself, blaming the victim for ruining his life. According to the prosecutor, More said, I'm gonna kill myself. I'm gonna make you watch. My blood is on your hands. You ruined my life. Here is Charger head coach Jim Harbaugh, who endorsed Sharon today on Sharon's situation at Michigan.
Speaker 6: Still processing that.
Speaker 5: That heard that.
Speaker 6: Chad Jessp told me one of our equipment guys when we're coming off the field on Thursday. So it is still processing that, like a lot of people.
Speaker 3: I'm sure as you can imagine, Jim's not going to say a lot skill at this on a playout, I can imagine. Yeah, it's it's the tough seeing Petros forty eight hours ago. This guy is the head coach in Michigan and today he's wearing a white jumpsuit in a tiny little room on a video talking to it all collapsed down. I mean, unreal, just unbelieving this happens more than people would be comfortable knowing. Now, if you are a recruit going to Michigan, Let's say you're Brady Smigel, the quarterback at Newbury Park, and you're you're set to go there in a few weeks as an early enrollee. Are you still going?
Speaker 1: They're probably gonna try to hold their stuff together, and they're gonna do that with money. They're gonna hold together their empire with money because Michigan has money. You know who else has money? The Dodgers. They introduced Eddie Diaz Sugar Daz to the LA media. Today is a new closer for the Dodgers. You'll hear from Daz coming up at seven o'clock with David Vasse on Dodger Talk. You will also hear Brandon Goalmes in the very next segment, as we caught up with him a little bit earlier the Dodger GM on your Dodger Station. The Lakers are seventeen and seven. We talked to Sliwa last hour good conversation there in Phoenix on Sunday to face the Suns, and the Clippers, who are likely to lose every time they take the floor, are six and nineteen, and they're off until Monday when they host the Memphis Grizz Clippers. Apparently this is really sad case.
Speaker 3: I had to include it any quick hits Petros in the last twenty four hours. It came to light after the loss in Houston last night to the Rockets. Ty Lu didn't speak to the media, and some people who cover the team on social media but don't travel say, hey, way, well, where's the video, where's Tylu talking to the media postgame? There is no did he blow off the media? And the Clippers said no, Tylu was available. There just was no traveling members of any media organization there last night to talk to him and ask him questions postgame. That is a sad commentation. No La Times, no daily news, no local TV.
Speaker 1: That's a sad commentary on the Clippers, but it's also a sad commentary of the shape and state of local sports news because that's pathetic.
Speaker 3: I mean, if this is se playing in a game football wise, there's tons of media there Pingolore's going to Orlando to cover the winter meetings. Tell me to think of it. Ain't got that pain. He's covering winter meetings where usually nothing happened.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe they ought to send Pinglore, then they should. The Chargers are nine and four. They're on a plane with Matt Smith coming off of win over the Eagles on Monday Night Football. They're going to Kansas City. Let's go cheese to face the Chiefs on Sunday. The Chiefs, even though they're kind of out of the playoffs, are a six point home favorite.
Speaker 3: Let's get cheese. They're mathematically not technically out of it yet, but they need a lot of stuff to fall their way. The Chiefs. Let's go cheese. Let's go cheese.
Speaker 1: The Rams are ten and three at home versus the Detroit Lions on Sunday. They're a six point home favorite. Will the Ram people be overwhelmed by the Detroit people at SOFI and boo Matt Stafford in front of his wife and kids.
Speaker 3: No, No, that's not gonna happen. Okay, Rams fans, we'll show up.
Speaker 1: Kelly Stafford might have something to say about it through Carrissa Thompson or Aaron Andrews. Who are her proxies now that her podcast has been canceled, no way or not canceled, but they're friends. Yeah, Steelers pass Russer TJ. Watts lung collapsed. How about that terrible news. He had successful surgery yesterday to puff his lung back up to repair partially collapse. Long that's not good. After a dry needling session at the team practic assess they popped this lung with a needle.
Speaker 3: Have you ever had dry needling not acupunctury? Apparently it's different. I did this whole deep dive a couple hours ago. Petros, They're completely different dry needling in acupuncture. Well, how deep does the needle go if it popped us lung? For God's sake, dry needling involves bigger needles that go deeper into you to really get into your tissue. And they popped his lung. They popped his lung. That's terrible. I saw some quotes from NFL guys and former players too, said maybe it used to They used to make them cry because it hurts so bad, But you felt better twenty four hours because it alleviated the pain and the swelling and the tissue, but not in this case, not for everybody. Geez, occupuncture's one thing just on the top of your skin there to release the pores, but to get into your tissue. I mean, justin Herbert became a starter. Tyrod Taylor, Yeah, he got his lung popped when they hit him with a Cortizon shot or something. That's right.
Speaker 1: UCLA and College who plays number eight Gonzaga tomorrow night in Seattle. That's a pretty cool game. He's pretty tip off.
Speaker 3: It's late. Uh, Mick is not happy about that, Old Mick Crown.
Speaker 7: Yeah, my dad's real happy about He's gonna the's eighty four. He's gonna have to take two naps on Saturday to be able to watch us play Saturday night.
Speaker 5: I mean, what are we doing.
Speaker 1: It's a big time neutral site game that both schools get paid to play. Here's Mick again, very honest as always.
Speaker 7: They raise money for our program to buy players. I mean, everybody else can talk about recruiting, you know, write about why kids pick schools.
Speaker 5: I don't have time for it. I'm too old. You know, I've done enough. It's comical. It's good. You know, we're semi pro. Our guys do go to school.
Speaker 7: Guys picked schools because they get paid, so they's neutral site games help raise money. So when the next spring, when everybody says, when we get signed, a guy in the portal and he you go to interview him and tells you he really bonded me with me and I've.
Speaker 5: Known him for two weeks.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know we're gonna honor coach Roberts at the game, Okay, as we should.
Speaker 5: He really, he really bonded with oti. That's why. That's why he signed with the Dodgers two years ago.
Speaker 3: Mix Right guys aren't coming here just because they like mixed personality, just like show Hey didn't sign with the Dodgers because he loved Dave Roberts after meeting them. They're there for one reason. But Dave Roberts was born in ok Now doesn't matter. And by the way, Mix Right eight thirty tip offs because it's a made for TV time slot, you can play it on ESPN. It's one of these, you know, standalone games where both teams are getting paid a lot of money to play. They played at in Englewood last year and into it Dome. It's considered a home and home, but on neutral sites So they played here in LA last year, they're playing up in Seattle this year, making a lot of money off it. It mixed, right, Hey, I think this money is just going in my pocket. It's going back in the players pockets.
Speaker 1: Going in your pocket. So get ready to play Gonzaga late at night tomorrow. I'll be watching the LA Ball all right. We'll be back with more. Petro send money on AM five seventy LA Sports. Brendan Gomes Dodger GM will join us next and don't forget David Vasse at seven o'clock with Dodger Talk featuring Edwin Diaz.
Speaker 3: We've made it even easier to take LA Sports with you this summer.
Speaker 1: Make AM five seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast a preset on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Using Apple CarPlay or Android Auto road Trip all summer with LA Sports.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, everybody, Petro send money on AM five seventy LA Sports on a Frogman Friday, your home of the back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers. Tim kaits co hosting today and it was a big day over at day Dodger Stadium. Always fun in the off season, or in the hot stove. Dodger fans have learned to celebrate new signings and think favorably upon the future because of moves that guys like Brandon Gomes. Specifically, guys like Brandon Gomes are making a friend of the show come a long way since his days as a young towny in the north, in the Northeast. I'm sorry, I shouldn't say that joining us on your Southern California celebrity hotline. It is Dodger GM making huge moves, Edwin Diaz introduced today. Last time he spoke before that, you guessed it at the parade. I might have talked to somebody in Orlando, but I wasn't there. Gomes, what's cracking?
Speaker 3: How are you.
Speaker 8: Doing well? Guys? Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's fabulous to have you. Just give us a little idea of how this took shape with Edwin Diaz felt like it caught a lot of people, especially stupid people like us, off guard.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, going into the off season obviously looking for ways to add to what's already a really talented roster. So there's not you know, there's only so many names that you know, make sense as far as like really impactful additions like this, so you know, keep in touch, but not sure how it was all going to play out. And then over the last week or so, you know, things started to materialize to where, okay, we might actually have a shot here, and you know, had the opportunity to really engage in conversations and feel like both sides were ready to make a move and you know, fortunate enough to ultimately get get Sugar Sugar Dias on the team.
Speaker 3: What was it about Edwin in particular? What was it that you guys circled him on your board and wanted him to be that back into the bullpen kind of guy.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean the track record of dominance and having done it on the biggest stage obviously in New York, and then also being it firsthand in the postseason. That's first and foremost. And then you know, you start digging on the just the person and the character and what he brings to the table and from a clubhouse perspective and mentoring younger guys in his ability to go out there and take the ball like whenever the team asks in order to help him win. You know, really selfless type guy that fits in with our other superstars with no ego, so that that total package was incredibly appealing. You have the opportunity to add that talent and then also that person in the clubhouse who's you know, was a no brainer once we get down to it.
Speaker 3: Last year, you guys made a splash and free agency with the bullpen as well with Kirby Yates, Tanner Scott. Tanner Scott didn't have certainly this season you guys had expected him to have and he'll be the first person to say that, what do you guys expect out of Tanner Scott and how he can kind of fit in and piece together with Edwin Diaz at the back end of that bullpen.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think, you know, talking to Tanner recently and you know, just throughout the season, fully expect him to come back to his previous dominance as well and feel like it's a great, you know, another great piece to have in our pen to go along with a bunch of other guys who have who've done it once again, have a track record of just being really hard to hit, and he's going to be another important piece to us, you know, trying to go out and win another championship.
Speaker 3: Gomer, when you guys go to Orlando for the Winter Meetings, How are the Dodgers received by everybody else around Major League Baseball? You know, if you look on social media, you guys are the evil Empire of the West now. But you go to Orlando and the Baseball Winner Meetings when the Dodgers walk in and those quarters at Polos are being war with that Dodger logo on it. How are the Dodgers scene around Baseball and Orlando when you guys were at the Winter Meetings? Is back to back world champs?
Speaker 8: I'm not really sure. I think we have a lot of really good relationships across across the game, and you know, I think the Winter Meetings, everybody knows that you're there to go and try to make your team as good as possible. And you know, obviously it's great coming off back to back championships, but nothing, you know, taking nothing for granted, and continuing to try to grind and do everything we can to go out and put the best team out there again.
Speaker 1: And you guys certainly do that. And there's always trade rumors going on this time of the year, and you guys are all together, I mean, we we think of the Dodgers as this global organization and you guys are but you guys all work together, are in contact together. How do you guys deal with some of your own players being named in trade rumors? Is that uncomfortable?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I mean some of this stuff that comes out there is like, wow, that's that's in Brandon know we were doing that, or I didn't know that guy was being talked about. So I think a lot of it's funny.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 8: Obviously, if there's any concern, we will just reach out to the player agent specifically.
Speaker 3: But you know, you.
Speaker 8: Can't help what's put out there, and a lot of it, the vast majority of it is just made up. So you know, I think it's really important to maintain good relationships with our players and keep the lines of communication open when when things like that pop out there, to make sure there's no you know, the game of assumptions can be dangerous.
Speaker 3: Brandon, with a closer now signed going into twenty twenty six, what else are you guys as a front office looking for for this this roster in twenty twenty six? What what are the other needs that maybe you guys are looking at to address.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm not sure as much needs with you know, we have so much versatility and already really talented roster. It's being you know, patient and you know, continuing to assess what's available to whether it's a hey, this is another you know impact you know, quote unquote splashy mover, or is this just another like good move to help us win baseball games and round out a roster and you know, giving us different options both now and in the future. So I think there's a lot of just kind of assessing what's available and looking at our own roster internally and how to make it as strong as possible and built to you know, be successful both in the regular season, which means you have to have a lot of really good players in depth, and then also in the postseason and how to you know, strike that balance.
Speaker 1: Brandon Gomes joining us right now on the Petros and Money Show Dodgers GM, a man who wields power over one of the great franchises from history of sports going through a golden age right now. But no matter how gold in the age, as Gomes, do you guys take calls on like Christmas Eve and Christmas Day in New Year's Day, does the stove remain hot? On these certain like does any does anybody take a day off when it comes to the holidays and the stove.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean we certainly try to. My wife might disagree with me, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the goal.
Speaker 8: There needs to be at some point some unplugging and put the phone down. And as you could, it's the type of job that really it's you could always be digging on players or looking at somebody else, and so at a certain point think okay, let's we're gonna put this down and go be with your family. I think that's also a really important part of being able to recharge and then come back, you know, at full force after that, you know, being able to spend some quality time with the family.
Speaker 3: Brandon certainly a lot of talk the last couple of days about maybe a potential blockbuster deal that could be out there and made between the Dodgers and a northern another organization in Major League Baseball. Certainly, you can't say anything, we all understand that. But would the Dodgers be in the market for a front of the rotation left hander if one was out there?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean I don't know if that's necessarily or pressing a pressing need at this point. So, like we said, with everything we do, we're we're having conversations and finding ways to you know, trying to figure out if this is something that makes sense for us, both in the short term and long term. And some things play out and some things don't. So I think how we function is like be open on everything and if it makes sense ultimately, we'll do it.
Speaker 1: Finally, since there's so many players on your team that are from other countries, especially Japan, and some of the most important players Heroic Cofax, like Yoshinobu Yamamoto, Shohei o Tani, Roki Sasaki, and the World World Baseball Classic is coming up. How many conversations do you have with those guys or the Japanese government. I mean, I don't know if you call their prime minister or I mean, how does it work.
Speaker 8: Yeah, there's a formal process that you have to go through with Major League Baseball and then the PA and having conversations. So those things take some time, and like anything we do, we have the conversations with the player and figure out, you know what what ultimately is the you know what we come down to. So those are still down the road and we've got to figure that out here coming up in the next I don't even know what the date is, but over the next couple of weeks we'll continue to have those conversations.
Speaker 3: Final thing for me, Brandon, as a forward pitch of yourself and a player, have you had a chance to just step back in the last six weeks since the end of the World Series and kind of digest what happened in that World Series, from the eighteen Inni marathon games, to the appearances that guys made from the will Kleines of the world, to what Yamamoto did to Game six, the catches, Game seven, the catch in the outfield, the home runs, I mean, the dramatics of it all. We may never see a World Series like that again. Heck, we're replaying Game seven all the time here on a FI seven LA Sports MLB Net were popular than our show is replaying the games three, four, five, six, and seven of the World Series because everybody just wants to get to see them and they can't get enough of them. Have you had a chance just kind of realize, my gosh, what we did was pretty special.
Speaker 8: Uh yeah, I mean, I think obviously you get done with the parade and then your body tells you no, Moss and I get sick immediately, and then you know, you start having different conversations with people or you know.
Speaker 3: Over the winter meetings, we're having dinner with all of.
Speaker 8: Us and Doc and everyone, and just like recalling like, oh man, you know the months he catch on the line drive, the Yama Bunt play, Like you start going through all those things that you know, get a lit little less recognition than some of the other plays. So yeah, hugely over over dinner and you know, unplugging for a bit, you start to rehash some of the crazy moments and really appreciate what that world series was and obviously ending up on the on the better side of it is.
Speaker 3: Great for us.
Speaker 8: But I think just from a baseball perspective, taking a step back like really good for the game and for fans all across the country and world.
Speaker 1: Straightforward, honest and entertaining stuff from the great Brandon Gomes. We appreciate your time today. We know you're very busy people, and take some time out and talk to our listeners and the fans is always much appreciated. Have a wonderful holiday, mister Gomes, and we will talk to you soon, and good luck.
Speaker 3: With all Endeavors.
Speaker 8: Awesome, Thank you guys. Happy Holidays to you too.
Speaker 1: There it goes Brandon Gomes on the Petros and Money Show. We'll be right back with your Dead and Alive Guy Birthday of the Day, and then Dodger Talk with David Vass and Eddie Diaz is coming up at seven. Hello, PMS listener. Did you know Am five seventy LA Sports has a wide range of LA Sports podcasts.
Speaker 3: There's Rogan and Roddie.
Speaker 2: That one is my favorite, Dodger Talk with David Vasse, the Dodger Podcast of Record, Clipper Talk Without a Moss, follow us all and many more. Just go to AM five to seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: Dodger Talk David Vass with Edwin Diaz. Welcome Edwin Diaz coming up next. Don't miss that show with David Vase. Okay, your dead guy Birthday of the Day. If don't start with the uh with Peaky blinder stuff.
Speaker 3: This has nothing to do with Birmingham, England. Joseph O.
Speaker 1: Shelby, Oh cousin Shelby, please TiO please, They're right.
Speaker 3: Joseph O.
Speaker 1: Shelby would be one hundred and ninety five today Western Theater Confederate general one of the characters of the Civil War from Lexington, Kentucky, home of the basketball team that caliber Pari used to cook.
Speaker 3: This could be a great uncle or cousin of the Shelbys from Birmingham. They fought World War One for England, so this is a Confederate maybe a couple of generations.
Speaker 1: Before Well, he manufactured rope, had a hemp plantation and a steamboat endeavor. In his adulthood in Missouri, he was one of the state's wealthiest men. And during what is known as Bleeding Kansas. Do you know what that is?
Speaker 3: I've heard it, I studied it, I don't remain It's the.
Speaker 1: Fight between Kansas and Missouri to make it a slave state or a free state. History shines upon Kansas and free state brewing because they wanted to be a free state, missoo the opposite. So after Fort he fought hard to make Kansas a slave state basically, and after Fort Sumter, which is what started the Civil War, tempt correct, he formed a mounted rifle State Guard Service and that group got involved in what they would call the Western Theater Arkansas Missouri. Places like that Carthage Wilson's Creek Pea Ridge battles that they fought, and then the Confederates gave him a cavalry regiment that's with horses.
Speaker 3: I know that, and then a brigade.
Speaker 1: That brigade became one of the more famous brigades of the Civil War. The Iron Brigade and Shelby's Iron Brigade inflicted a lot of damage in Missoo on big raids. The Iron Brigade wreaked havoc in the West, lots of stuff that he got involved with with the Iron Brigade under general price for the Confederate army. But after that, this is the most interesting part about Shelby, other than those individual Civil War battles, which you can all look up. They're all stories in and of themselves.
Speaker 3: Robert E.
Speaker 1: Lee, of course, surrendered in Virginia, and rather than surrender, Shelby and his one thousand dudes rode into Mexico, sank the battle flag in the Rio Grande, went across the border to declare allegiance and their services to Emperor Maximilian there in Mexico. Wow, the guy they ended up hanging or executing in some way Maximilian said thanks, but no thanks guys. And that group that went down to Mexico is the basis for the John Wayne rock Hudson movie The Undefeated. They were known as the Undefeated. They settled in an American settlement in Vera, Cruz. How long do you think they lasted? No long about two years. And then he went back to Missouri and farmed because they kind of pardoned everybody. He was elected US Marshall and served for decades. Good for him in Missouri even appointed black people to office despite heavy criticism, so kicking and screaming, he was dragged into modern thought. The young wife, who was his second cousin, died at sixty six in eighteen ninety seven. Joseph Shelby, who was said to have been a brilliant cavalry officer.
Speaker 3: Very cool the live guy. Birthday of the day. Happy seventy fifth birthday to one of the greatest actors in the world, Rosney Khan Oh. Is it Bollywood not really a legendary Indian actor, your producer, screenwriter, primarily known for his work in the Tamils cinema. What's that not different from Bollywood? Different area, different style, different He's an icon in India and Asia for his work on the big screen for the last five decades. He is India's second highest paid actor ever. His net worth is believed to be believed between four to five billion dollars rupees American dollars. Born in Bangalore, India, Rasney Khan had a full time job first as a bus conductor, but he wanted to get in a film, so he went to an acting college. I mean, you're really this is not a stubby leg joke.
Speaker 1: You're really stretching your legs because you you have yet to even conquer Japan, though you've made some good headway with your commercials, and now your legs are so long that you're overstepping China into Asia.
Speaker 3: Just right over China. At the age of twenty five, he had his first breakout movie, A Prova Raganaga. He was originally a villain, cast as a villain the bad guy in multiple movies that as the years went on, he became the hero, and then he became the superhero, which he is now. He's got a unique acting style, characterized by his trademark gesture of flipping a cigarette in the air and catching it in his mouth. He puts it out about two feet in front of him and just flicks it back and catches it with the side of his lips. How many times can you do that? Cannot do it at all? I mean in a movie he must do it a lot. That's I mean, no matter the movie, the plot, he does it in every movie. It is his signature trademark. He has done comedies. He's considered the great actor of his time. He does actions, dramas. He's not very good at dancing. And then you asked about the Bollywood that's what he doesn't consider himself or is considered by people in India a Bollywood actor. He's more of a theatrical actor, does dramas, does action movies. No Bollywood, doesn't sing, doesn't dance. He has done petros over one hundred and seventy films in his career. It is believed that if you want him in a movie now, he gets more per movie than a Tom Cruise. How old is he seventy five? Seventy five years old, five decades of acting. He has won every award in India and he has spread his wings into Asia, winning awards. He has appeared in how many English films? Won nineteen eighty eight Bloodstone, in which he has a very very oh he went small role. Guess what as taxi driver? No fifty American dollars. We're paying pounds dollars in advance.
Speaker 1: If we don't make it all time, we get a bloody money.
Speaker 3: Back money, money, money. That's what people talk about.
Speaker 1: Like this.
Speaker 3: See doestiets know everything.
Speaker 2: All you have to do is listen to the city dadash Hi Son.
Speaker 3: This is like em friends in India. We're all related. Four scenes. What movie is that? Bloodstone nineteen eighty eight plays a taxi driver, married two daughters. They're both growing up, got grandkids. Now, there's a lot of philanthropic work, donates a lot of money. Actually started his own political party in his area of India. Didn't really work out. Didn't get the grouse while they thought as a major superstar actor. Has some health issues the last few years. He is a huge deal in India and Asia, one hundred and seventy films, a billionaire beloved. Now, if you want to compare him to a Hollywood US actor, he already did. This is Cruse. This is what comes up money wise, Tom Cruise actor as far as the same generation kind of tight cast. Sylvester Stallone Stone legendary action stars with massive fan bases, and their acting styles and cultural contexts differ just as significantly.
Speaker 1: Well, I wouldn't elect Stabone or Tom Cruise to a political position either, but I guess it wouldn't be that much of a right version.
Speaker 3: Also been compared to Chuck Norris, nice dude to those Ininvincible on screen characters. Been compared to Marlon Brando, young actor and has been able to do it now in his seventies, continuing to act and continuing to be a star in India. Wow, you really went deep and back alone. Seventy fifth birthday, Rajna Keen geez about the Connor Okay Bloodstone. Check it out nineteen eighty eights Blowstone else if you go onto YouTube or just google it his cigarette catching legendary.
Speaker 1: Thank you Tim, Thanks to Tim and Ronnie. Ronnie posts the playlist at Ronnie Fossio on.
Speaker 3: X We learned a lot Civil War Indian figure. Yeah, then an Indian superstar And that's it.
Speaker 1: For frog Man Friday unless you're podcasting Dodger Talk with Edwin Diaz in a big celebration for him and his family today at Dodger Stadium. He ran the press conference on AMPI seventy y because we're your home of the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: So I have a good night everybody, and be safe this weekend.
Speaker 1: Happy holidays, Merry Christmass Friday,