Speaker 1: Morning, lady, gentlemen, and welcome to video message number twenty nine.
Speaker 2: I'm like a dog in heat. I woke up yesterday morning with a spring advice to start later. Please, I could never know if the day with us Florida. Listen up. The radys just came in for last month. We are number one. We just grabbed every key demogram. Yeah, super duper. That's nice. Fight a goo Nito gay. Yes, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 3: It is the eighteenth day of February already, twenty twenty six. Good morning, everybody. Welcome to Wednesday on the Power Trip Morning Show. Park Parris Sho on his way in and Parker Fox will be joining us right here near the top of the show, all the way over from Milan.
Speaker 2: In the Olympics. So let's get to Let's get her started.
Speaker 3: Here's some comedy from Marcelo Hernandez The Power Trip Morning Show on Wednesday morning.
Speaker 2: Come on in. I'm glad you're here.
Speaker 4: It's hard for us to do depression on the Latinos. We don't really have it like that. Me and my sister we tried to get depression. We're like, mommy, I'm depressed, and then she did like a rap.
Speaker 2: I am your mom.
Speaker 4: And when I was twelve years old, I had to leave my country because the government took my house and I had to go to the United States by myself, and I had to work twenty seven different jobs. And I had to go to sleep and wash your machine and wake up in a dryer. And I didn't have any friends, and I didn't have any money, and I didn't have any toys, and I didn't have any YouTube.
Speaker 5: I didn't have any Netflix, I didn't have.
Speaker 4: Any Amazon, I did have any whole look, I didn't have an YouTube TV. And I'm gonna have any test, I rob, I did I have any bast bad, I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Have any fire? And another I was Kennedy.
Speaker 4: And then I had to to learn to speak English, and I had to pay my way through college. And while I was doing that, I got pregnant with you. And you didn't ruin my life, but you didn't didn't ruin my life. And then you got a little bit older and you wanted to do activities and I had.
Speaker 5: To pick you up and drop you all, pick you up and.
Speaker 4: Drop you'll, pick you up and drop you off, and drop you off and pick you up, pick you up and drop you off. So if anybody in this house it's gonna have depression, it's gonna be me.
Speaker 6: S.
Speaker 7: The fuer signs weed and bets on your side, the Beezer, You hear the distance under this signe in your stray.
Speaker 5: You are you?
Speaker 1: Wednesday eighteen, twenty twenty six. Powers to the Morning Show. I'm Corey Cove. That's Chriss Hockey. There's Meat Sauce, Paul Lambert, there's zach Alberson. Halfway through the week, Parish Parker, Parker from Milan.
Speaker 2: I love that. I love that.
Speaker 8: I love that we have access to that dude, because that dude just everywhere right now living his life.
Speaker 2: Lucky bastard.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's got a stream yard, so you'll see him Kafe dot com slash watch here at about five fitty.
Speaker 2: It's pretty cool. Man crazy what happened? Yeah, it's terrible. I learned that on Friday, and I'm going to learn it earn Monday. It's dumb. Why does it do that?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like this how much? Yeah, that's it took too much. Blue shoe, Yeah, it's every time I bring it down to talk in it and it brings up have right here and it it goes by. Has it been like that for four hours? It has been probably longer than that. I probably should go see the doctor. Get a drink. It's like they changed the springs or something that's way too dusty to Oh my, they've been here forever. You're right, yeah, yeah, that's an issue, that is. Yeah.
Speaker 8: I had it like looking down like one of those like ring microphones in the box. Yeah, Brian, God, let me let's get ready to murdy head.
Speaker 2: Careful, all right, I think it's it again. You're right, douge. People forget Yeah, I forgot.
Speaker 1: Oh god, I forgot. I did forget about that. I think Ryan wishes he forgot about it as well. Yeah, all right, well we're halfway through the week.
Speaker 2: What time is it. It's five point thirty four.
Speaker 3: I got something for you guys, And I hate to start to show off in a in a bad manner, but did you guys hear about Rosie?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh no, yeah. All I got was a voicemail from Abbott with the list of charges. Oh boy.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know what he did, but I mean I think it kind of speaks for itself.
Speaker 9: He was arrested on charges of luter, lascivious exhibition in the presence of an elderly person, and exposure of sexual organs.
Speaker 2: He was in the room by himself. Oh what were the charges again? We play him again? Yeah, I didn't hear it.
Speaker 9: He was arrested on charges of luther lascivious exhibition in the presence of an elderly person, and exposure of sexual organs.
Speaker 2: You can't arrest him. He was by himself. One of the words arrest in the history of Cafe Anne. Yeah.
Speaker 1: In the conversation, I mean, yeah, is he still in the Hennepin County jailor or was this in Palm Springs or his return questionable?
Speaker 2: Here's what the police officer said. He thought it was funny. Oh hm, he just doesn't care anymore. No behavior. We understand that, sir.
Speaker 10: But he was by himself. I'm on Rosie's side. Why is the monster father the police officer? Why is that like the the in in the presence of an elderly person? How is that like common enough that they have to make a charge specifically for that?
Speaker 2: It is a good question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Like we all understand in the presence of children but once they're ever eighteen? Yeah, why is it more inappropriate for a ninety year old versus a twenty one year old or something?
Speaker 2: Is that what you're asking? Fair question?
Speaker 3: The wait at all mentioned? And you know, why do they have to have a specific charge? Does it make it worse if it's an old person? I guess maybe it does if you work in an old folks home.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe that's the thing.
Speaker 1: Maybe the person is at an age or in a spot where they are incapable of avoiding eye contact, you know what I'm saying, Like they so it's they are basically clockwork orangeane.
Speaker 8: Yess, if you go to the place across the street and that that locker room over there, you're gonna have a kind of elderly people that are going to be lewd and.
Speaker 2: Naked in front of you that they don't seem to care cup foods. Yeah, but yeah, yeah, there are just thought it was a funny thing to do. That's where Rosie was was she was a cop. I don't doesn't he basically live it?
Speaker 8: Is it Byerley's wh which is he essentially lives there, you know because they cut his steaks for him, right, so he essentially lives at Kowalski, So I don't think he would go to.
Speaker 2: Cub I don't cut his steaks for him. Yeah, he says that in the ad. Does really yep? Oh like after it's made. Did they feed him? Did they do?
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 2: Comes to buzz, Yeah, you're going maybe baby him?
Speaker 5: Maybe they do.
Speaker 1: To go back to Tommy Oilsen's story from last week, maybe I wonder if Rosie's been baby birded.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah by a lady of the night one hundred percent. He has. Yeah, well he's flashiness genitals to people. Yeah.
Speaker 9: He was arrested on charges of luter lascivious exhibition in the presence of an elderly person and exposure of sexual organs.
Speaker 8: Sexual organs it sounds like a band name, I know, sexual just say balls.
Speaker 2: I don't think she could do that. How do you know it's balls?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 2: It's either that a Wiener or your bung teaser. It's one or the other. Which one do you think it is? I didn't think of it.
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess I truly think it is. I don't know, but I mean, but it's gotta be his penis. That's what I took for granted.
Speaker 2: And't realize that. What did you call it this bung his bung teaser? I didn't. Yeah, it's got to be his penis. Isn't your bung teesser your finger? No, your bung teaser is your bunghole. At least that's what I call it. You call it your bung teaser. Yeah, what time is it? It's five thirty eight, Corlis.
Speaker 8: No bung teaser, bunk teasers like like a plumber's butt type thing, like ill little teaser.
Speaker 2: What's going on down under? You know what I mean? Yeah, there's a strip club in Florida. Chris wozers to you, wouldn't your finger be your bung teaser? That's a good point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not to everybody else, but specifically to you. No, I think that should be in a conversation. But it's not a zero percent chance. He flashed his Rusty Sheriff's badge to that. One also said sexual organs, and I don't think the bung teaser or Rusty Sheriff's badge is a quote sexual organ.
Speaker 2: So that he can use it for sex.
Speaker 8: But it's not a sexual organ. It's gotta be his balls or his his wee wei yep.
Speaker 2: I'm going all in on that bet. That is one hundred percent the right answer. Call him and ask him. He's in the jail. He only got one phone call. Call hibout his Timberwolves tickets. I'll Charlie Spots and yeah, I love that. That's why you're doing this at five?
Speaker 4: Of course?
Speaker 2: Will you bet his podcast would fail? I know. And then he told me it was never mad at me, It was a bit he was mad.
Speaker 9: He was arrested on charges of luter lacivious exhibition in the presence of an elderly person and exposure of sexual organs.
Speaker 5: I do like this.
Speaker 3: I'm ahead and played the whole news story now from the police officer in Florida. Because the kid tried to play it off is that he thought it was funny, and the CoP's.
Speaker 2: Not buying it.
Speaker 11: This is not normal behavior for a sixteen year old two that occurred on the same day one that helped her.
Speaker 3: Is it normal behavior for anybody of any right now? If I'd been twenty nine, is that Mike Helton it is? I think it is a former Turnaska.
Speaker 8: I think it is.
Speaker 11: This is not normal behavior for a sixteen year old two that occurred on the same day. One that occurred a couple of days before. We want to find out who it is and stop him as quickly as we can. He thought it was funny. I'm not sure that our detectives believe that, but he just thought it was a funny thing to do.
Speaker 2: Now he was horny. Yeah, you do it one time because it's funny, and you do it with your buddies because it's funny.
Speaker 8: You know, right with your bunk teaser. You do it because they dare you to flash your bung teaser to somebody.
Speaker 2: And by the way, go ahead.
Speaker 8: You don't just by yourself going in a flash my privates people.
Speaker 2: And by the way, if one of your friends says, do this, it'll be funny. Arrest that man. Yeah, yeah, Dob needs to go to jail too.
Speaker 1: Hey, let's back up. He's like sauce, you just said. Nobody's sitting around going I need to flash myself to That's almost everybody that flashes. They're perverts. You're acting like, well, logically, you would never do that. Somebody dared you to do it. Perverts do it on instant. Yeah, they don't ask for a second opinion. They all inner demons are like I need to show my sexual organs to this old man. Now.
Speaker 2: If or lady, I don't know why I assume I was a man, I just know that's now my own personal demon.
Speaker 3: Sixteen year old did this. I would say he was doing it as a joke. If you had whipped out his bunser.
Speaker 2: And gone huh, then it might be funny. I would have laughed. Yeah, the kid's got a sense of humor for sure, So good man, there you go. Yeah, if he had gone amazing hot lots, that would have been funny. No, last I had I just drank at zip a coffee.
Speaker 1: I did that for you.
Speaker 12: I did it for you.
Speaker 2: If he yelled, hey, old person, turn around and then he yelled amazing hot lots, if he just had it on the MP three morning, so yeah, hold on, they'll get to it in a minute. They'll play it again. That one guy's feigning interest, they'll get him back.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 1: I tuned in yesterday at two o'clock to see if Sam Rosie was gonna comment on the death of Robert Duvallo Jesse Jackson, and then he wasn't there. Ah, And I'm like, I gotta hear this is jails now.
Speaker 2: Great what did he do? I don't know, miss if I can remember.
Speaker 9: Lascivious exhibition in the presence of an elderly motion and exposure of sexual organs.
Speaker 2: Yeah he did all that. How about one day ago, our guy bony downplaying the end of a season. Yeah, he didn't know, he didn't know.
Speaker 8: Text us well, the text message right after five minutes after. Yeah, you know, when a GM is gonna speak, it's not good man. A lot of people saying power trip curse. Yeah, it's not our fault. He's such a nice guy.
Speaker 2: Sure, we weren't the only media l that he was on. Let's trace it right.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, Pablo Lopez getting a second opinion but likely done for the year with Tommy John surgery. Yeah great, Yeah, poor Tommy John. Yeah, I love the idea of a second opinion. Let's say first guy's like your elbows screwed. You gotta do Tommy John's and the.
Speaker 2: Second guys like, no, you're good. Yeah.
Speaker 1: One of them is a terrible doctor, correct, Yeah, one of them is significantly wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. Man looks fine to me.
Speaker 8: You see hot, put that on it. If he does say like, oh no, no, man, you're cool. That other guy's an idiot. Do you do you get a tie breaking doctor?
Speaker 2: Then you got to get a third opinion.
Speaker 8: You have to.
Speaker 2: But if you have the second opinion, guy goes, I don't know about drebo, but you're bunked. Yeah, what's wrong with your bung teaser? I still am I'm confused. Unclear. Me let me urban dictionary this. Yeah, bung teaser. It seems like to be a person or or do you mean do you mean bung starter?
Speaker 1: That's exactly what Google just did to me too. No, I did not mean bung starters. A bunk starts a mallet for loosening and removing the bung of a cask.
Speaker 3: A cask like a wine or No, it's like a like a thing that's in the top of a wine bottle. Yeah, a cask is like what a that's where all the whiskey's at.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it'd be like a barrel. Yeah, it's a fancy way of saying barrel. Yeah, get get your bung hammer out, you get your bunk cask, get your bunk cast.
Speaker 2: Man. There is no actual Oh my god, what is cottaging?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I can't imagine, don't I can't even.
Speaker 13: Imagine are you just another dictionary? Right, Dear God, is it something spoiled? It's uh, George michaeling, I'm not sure I know what that is, uh, your sweet beard.
Speaker 8: Primarily in the United Kingdom, for men seeking or engaging in an anonymous sexual activity with other men within public toilets or restrooms.
Speaker 2: That's cottaging. But no, I guess the toilet. I want to I do want to go to the cottage. Yeah, if you know, you know, I don't know what that means. George Michael. He was cute. Yeah, yeah, Jason Bateman was his dad. Brilliant play, yeah, George Michael. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Remodelers, thanks, builders, thank you exactly what you paid for builders and.
Speaker 2: Remodelers that they built the cottage. Would you stop? I'll fix the cottage. I'll tell you that. What if you talking about? Tommy might know George Michael alive and he asked Tommy how to day think you would go? Yes, I think he would.
Speaker 8: He said, I think they the best, George, like one of Pia's favorite artists, or like the best concert he's ever seen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I believe it's best concert he ever saw. That's ever that's hearing, all right? So what park our next segment, Oh yeah, coming right out after this. Yeah, from from Italy the good morning Joe on the van. Yeah, okay, is he there? Is he pretty?
Speaker 5: Does he?
Speaker 2: Look at Talianna?
Speaker 5: He's crying, Mommy.
Speaker 2: Mom me, chef by look at him, Parker Fox. Everybody, jeez that background? Look at you?
Speaker 5: Where are you?
Speaker 2: Where You're in a castle?
Speaker 8: You are?
Speaker 12: Yeah, we're inside the I think it's called a Saporsa castle, right in the heart of Milan. And it's beautiful. There's a lot of things happening, a lot of people are moving around. It's sunny in like sixty five degrees today, so it's uh them a perfect day here in Milan.
Speaker 3: Man, I'm just gonna go ahead and say it again at the very beginning of all this, I can't believe how good it sounds, how good it looks. You are half a planet away from us right now. It's a beautiful day. The end of a beautiful day. Parker Fox on his phone is facetiming, So you got to seekfan dot com slash watch right now to see his beautiful face.
Speaker 2: Man, what of you? What a life you live in? Parker?
Speaker 1: And we mentioned this yesterday all those giant photos of you know, the entire family and supporters of Team US say, there's always one six foot eight guy in the back and it's always Parker Fox. You're always in that back row.
Speaker 12: Now, I know my place, right, I know exactly where I need to go, exactly where I need to stand.
Speaker 5: Kind of just be on the out outsides a little bit, but no, it's fun.
Speaker 12: It's really cool just to support that Taylor's gotten here a lot of people from her hometown, you know, cousins, uncles, aunts, and then when you walk around the city now you know more and more, you see more and more American flags. A lot of support is coming for these men's games, for these women's games, and it's it's crunch time right now.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 12: The men play tonight against Sweden, the girls play tomorrow against Canada and the gold medal games.
Speaker 5: So it's the big fun ones right around the corner here all right.
Speaker 1: Before we talk about the gold medal game, let's let's let's you know, pick your poison. You got to meet Jason Kelsey, but then you weren't here to meet Dave Simonett.
Speaker 5: I know, man, you crushed me with that one. You crushed you with that one.
Speaker 12: I think I think I'd have to pick the Jason and Kylie Kelsey connection for now. But you know, I've said it on the show multiple times how much I love trample By Turtles, So hopefully that one can come into fruition at some point.
Speaker 5: But yeah, it was super cool to meet Jason.
Speaker 12: So I saw him kind of walking around the concourse, snapped a picture with him, and then I went back to my seat just to find out he was like two rows behind me, so him and Kylie Kelsey were sitting right there, and then Taylor scored a goal, so I was like, I gotta take I got to.
Speaker 5: Take my opportunity to go meet them right now.
Speaker 12: So I shook his hand and met Kylie Kelsey and Taylor and I listened to their podcast as well, and then she said, have Taylor come on the pod whenever, So we got some open invite from from the Kelsey's to get on the pod. But yeah, they were such great people, just sitting there like normal people and join the game. So what not her to meet Jason and Kylie Kelsey?
Speaker 2: That's cool?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 2: Are you on first name basis?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 2: Like if you saw him again, would you say Hey, jays, what's.
Speaker 12: Up, dude, I'd have to write, I'd have to I'd have to bring up that what twenty seventeen?
Speaker 5: Saus is that the super Bowl twenty seventeen? Is that sound right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? When the Philly Special? Yeah, twenty seventeen right here?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yep, yep, exactly right.
Speaker 12: So but no, he was so great, and there's been more and more celebrities popping up. Supposedly Tom Brady is here and was active at some events. Last night, Shaquille O'Neil's around. Taylor finally got to meet Snoop Dogg. So there's a lot of fun things happening here in a lot, it's kind of a who's who's So it's.
Speaker 5: Fun to be on the outside of it.
Speaker 2: All Right, it looks like the US is unstoppable.
Speaker 1: It looks like we're gonna smoke Canada in the championship game, the gold medal game. But even yesterday, Zach's like, I'm nervous. I'm not used to being this favored in an event that I care this much about. We talked about it last week when they were rolling everybody. Parker, how does the US not look too far ahead and just finish the job.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I think it's tough, right, I think it's It's one of those things where your favorite big time. You know, a lot of these athletes they don't want to look at that, but you're on Twitter or acts on Instagram the whole bit, like you're seeing the domination and everybody's telling it to you, right, Like everybody's like, oh, you're gonna dominate them. But you got to go out and play the game. And this is a team in Canada that they've won three of the last four Olympics. We got them in twenty eighteen, but so they kind of have the leg up on the most recent Olympics here. But I do think the youth is what you got to use, right, You got to use your youth, You got to use your speed. Canada's team captain Marie for the Polen missed. She missed the game, the qualifying game earlier in the Olympics here against the US when they beat a five to zero. So you're talking about arguably one of the best players in the world and murray for the Polen, she'll be back to play.
Speaker 5: In the gold medal game.
Speaker 12: So I think you just got to trust trust the game plan, right, trust your speed, trust the trust this skill that you have.
Speaker 5: I think the US is a better team.
Speaker 2: But this is one game.
Speaker 12: It's not like it's a you know, best of seven series. So hockey is a funny game in that way where the puck can bounce in all different directions. But I think if the US plays their game, I don't think anybody can beat them.
Speaker 5: So hopefully we can find a way to win gold tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Look at you, Look at you, the hell of a reporter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're meeting Robin elbows with people. You're in a zum right now, inside of a wall. I'm so impressed with you. I hope you're having the time of your life when you come home.
Speaker 5: Oh guys, this has been this has been amazing. I come home Sunday.
Speaker 12: It's been on one of those things where it's like you feel tired, right like you feel you're a little exhausted.
Speaker 5: You could probably hear my voice. I'm getting worn down a little bit.
Speaker 12: And you miss the just the little things in America, right like you miss uh uh, just like drying your washing and drying your clothes.
Speaker 5: You miss uh. There's no ice water. They don't give you any ice water.
Speaker 2: Toilet it's just.
Speaker 5: A little, just a little the toilet paper. You get a pay per square, you know, so just the funny things that you miss.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 12: No raising knees with that man, but no, to be here and to be a part of it. We went on a food tour yesterday. Like you guys, this stuff is. This is an amazing place. Milan is special and I think you have the Olympics on top of it. It's it's special to be here.
Speaker 8: What is the closed situation? I mean, because you've been there for a while, obviously the athletes have been there for a while.
Speaker 2: I mean, are they able to able to wash them? I mean you mentioned he couldn't.
Speaker 12: Yeah, they actually the girls, Uh, they can put their stuff with the equipment, you know, a lady, So the equipment lady will bring it to the rink and wash.
Speaker 5: Their clothes so they're covered on that. And my brother and I we we brought some tide pods, so we're doing it in the sink, trying to to get the fresh underwear. I wish Tommy was over here.
Speaker 12: He would he would appreciate wearing underwear about five or six days in a row. Yeah, oh yeah, he'd start drinking the big water, dirty underwear.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I would rather have a dirty butt smell or the tide pod smelled. It must be just coating your body right now, one pod in a sink.
Speaker 5: That's a lot of soup. Man, If I come back with the rash, you guys.
Speaker 2: Know what happened. Yeah, man, you look, we're all living with you. It's the best.
Speaker 12: Oh, we appreciate it. And you know, Taylor sends her love as well. She's appreciated all guys. All you guys are support and she's fired up for tomorrow. I think it's it's probably going to be the most special day in her life. Right Hopefully our wedding and maybe the birth of a kid tops that. But for right now, for right now, trying to get a gold medal is of the utmost importance.
Speaker 3: Do you have to watch how much you brag about the stuff you're doing without her because she's working.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna ask that, good question.
Speaker 12: I know that's funny, right, it's exactly right. I try not to tell her too much of what's going on. We went on just the most amazing food tour yesterday through the city, trying all like the authentic foods and gelatos and fried pizza and like anything you could possibly imagine we did yesterday. And I think that's where she was a little jealous, because in the athletes village, they're kind of just ficasha, pizza and pasta, same thing every single day, you know, the athlete diet. They can't go splurge and you know, have a couple of drinks and extra cappuccinos, the whole bit.
Speaker 5: So she's getting a little jealous.
Speaker 12: But like I said, you know they're here tell the twenty third the gold medal Games on the nineteenth, So if all things go to plan, you win a gold medal and you got about three or four days of.
Speaker 5: Straight partying right here in Milan.
Speaker 2: Awesome. I remember in Toronto, and you know, twenty years ago when my.
Speaker 6: Family too, I was going to ask you that, Parker, if she's getting annoyed it a little bit because every off day, you know, my parents would take a train to Rome for the day. They were doing all this stuff, you know, visiting Italy, all these great restaurants, Like what would you do, well, I had McDonald's for breakfast in the Olympic village some things.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, exactly right, you guys would do it twenty years later, Man, I just still do it.
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 12: I think she's loving it right, this is this is the first one for her, so she's trying to soak in all the experiences. The pin trading has been good for her, and just meeting different athletes and now she's big into figurespit skating and feed skating, and just to see these athletes compete at this level, it's it's it's amazing. I've I've watched more Olympics now than I've ever had. And to just see what these athletes are capable of, it's it's truly something special. And I think it hits you when you're over here a little bit more Perry, and you probably know that when you were a part of it is seeing it, seeing them as humans, it's a it's a pretty special thing.
Speaker 2: Dude. Cheering for you guys, Happy for you guys. Good luck tomorrow and then we'll see you next week, buddy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I miss you guys. Make sure everybody's watching. I think it's a twelve ten central.
Speaker 12: Puck dropped us a Versiscando for the gold, so we need all the US energy we can Parker.
Speaker 3: I can, I can guarantee you you have no idea how many people are watching. I was in Montreal and everybody was watching. I mean that the world is watching.
Speaker 2: The world is watching. That's what's amazing about it.
Speaker 5: Let's goss you guys love park dude?
Speaker 2: Bye bye?
Speaker 5: Are you guys?
Speaker 3: You know that's a long time to be gone. And especially if you like Parker, he's you know, he's essential vacation and such like that. There would be a day and probably for me maybe he's five days in, maybe six days in where I would just go sit in the hotel room and watch TV just to break. You need to be an American for one day, right, do you know what I mean? And nothing for one day? Nothing, that's exactly right. Just got in America one day.
Speaker 8: Give McDonald's yep, we did forget to add ask him the heisy day the other day.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah yeah yes.
Speaker 8: And even like even after I saw after the show, I saw ESPN made a special post on their Instagram like yeah, he reposted, yeah, thank you, Yeah, Chris, the top is Corey said yesterday it was the top story on ESPN dot com.
Speaker 2: That's sweet. Pretty good day for that, fam.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good for that, all right, front page Sports from the Power Trie won't need your returns after this.
Speaker 2: On the fan and welcome back to Mark Parish over there by the way. Hi Mark, Hi, how a Mary? Guys doing good? Buddy?
Speaker 5: Hell are you?
Speaker 2: I'm doing wonderful? Thank you, good good good. I'm Bill. This is Bill. Hi Bill, Hey Bill, Hi Bill? Okay, Bill, Not for some sports in it.
Speaker 1: I'm now for front paid sports presented by Holiday Station Stars.
Speaker 2: Holiday's Station stores three for.
Speaker 1: Six fifty twenty ounce Coca Cola bottles and Coca Cola products. You can mix and match any twenty ouncers you want when it comes to Coca Cola.
Speaker 8: So like diet coke, sprite and whatnot? Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, this is a whatnot.
Speaker 3: Since you're mentioning diet coke and how much we love Holiday Zach, I completely forgot to tell you this, and I meant to, and I apologize. The diet coke in Montreal was die coke. Wasn't coke free or whatever they call it. You know, it was delicious.
Speaker 2: Really it was top knotch Canadian coke. Good.
Speaker 6: I don't know about the coke, but the diet coke I believe they have to change their recipe just a little bit from each country, depending on what's legal each country.
Speaker 2: So it's got a little flare no matter where you go. Yeah, whatever McDonald's does, that's that's number one.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure like in most of Europe you can't have, you know, like sugar. So I think it's essentially just horse.
Speaker 2: You're in horse. Yeah, yeah, I heard that.
Speaker 1: I've heard this straight horse, straight horse here, and I don't know if the horses are straight. I mean, yeah, if that changes, it probably doesn't. I don't know how how do you know if a horse is straight or not? Experimentation.
Speaker 2: I guess you got to you gotta tempt them. I guess a little bit, you.
Speaker 14: Know, patience, nay, you know, nay or nay right. Twins pitcher Lopez said that we can't get that.
Speaker 1: Twins pitcher Pablo Lopez has a UCL tear, likely needing season ending Tommy John surgery. He's going to get a second opinion before the surgery, but it's a it's over. He turns thirty next month. The Twins opener the last three seasons was Pablo Lopez. He was a twenty twenty three All Star. He was on our show like a month ago. He seemed super nice, incredible, incredible dude. So the rotation is going to be a combination of Joe, Ryan Bailey, Ober Zebbie, Matthews, s w R, Taj Bradley, make able Yeah, who knows. Yeah, I mean we obviously had low expectations, but this team just got significantly worse.
Speaker 2: Yep, they did.
Speaker 8: And you know, Perry, You've played on teams with really good players. He's also a big time leader, man, when the when they get into a slump. Not only can he pitch you out on one, but he can be there to keep the morale up. And they said on the Gleaming of the Geek podcast that they recorded right after this injury happened that he will be around as much as he can because he wants to be the leader and all that. But man, this is tough. One day into their first workout and he's I mean, that's the nightmare of the pro as a probat.
Speaker 6: You get to camp or you get to the workouts and just something stupid happens and you know, you break an ankle or whatever it is it can be. It's just yeah, that's you work all summer, you work all off season to get ready to get in shape, repair mentally and physically. And when that that happens, it's more of the mental, Like, you've got to be kidding me. You're just starting it off on a rough year, a rough note obviously if you're missing the season.
Speaker 2: Hey, you only get so many years in your career. Man kind of a non secutor.
Speaker 3: But not has everybody seen now the commercial I was complaining about where the lady break's ankle?
Speaker 2: Haven't seen yet? A bitch, I saw it eight times. I don't know if it's a last night watching the curling, which was there was so much screaming going on.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know that I've ever noticed so much screaming during curling. But those guys were screaming at each other. But then they go to commercial and there was that lady breaking her damn ankle walking down the stairs. I haven't seen what. I can't believe you guys haven't seen it. It's the only commercial they showed me. Uh, it's some medicine about making sure your bones ain't it's not Beniva, it's not, but it's not blue chee chewables no lose something or other loose.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna type in broken angle commercial.
Speaker 2: No, it's just graphic as hell and I can't not see it anyway. Sorry. Yeah, I'll try to find it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's tough, tough loss for the Twins. It's going to be an uphill battle.
Speaker 1: The Gopher men won sixty one forty four over the Oregon Ducks. The Ducks were two of twenty from three. That's ten percent. That's white par of math. Two of twenty from three and they only shot two free throws they hit them both. Yeah, but that's how you only score forty four points is go two of twenty from three and go two for two from the foul line. And that's despite only six Gophers playing. Again, we're in that you know, six seven range. Last night it was just six. Kay Tyson played all forty minutes for the Gopher men. Up next, they host Rutgers Saturday at eleven am, then at number one Michigan on Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Who I think is the favorite to win it all this year? I think that's their first road victory in over a month. So good for the Gopher team. Only a few games left and then they'll play in the Big Ten Tournament and they'll go from there. It's tough to win with six guys man this team. If this team were healthy, I think they could possibly be a bubble tournament team. But they just you can't win like that with only six guys, even though they did last name. But when you play good teams, they smother yet duh, thank you, You're welcome.
Speaker 2: The US women. We just talked about this with Parker Fox.
Speaker 1: But the US women will play for gold against Canada tomorrow at twelve ten. The US is six and oho. They have won by a combined score of thirty one to one. Their current shutouts dreak three hundred and thirty one minutes and twenty three seconds. It's the longest in Olympic history, that is since the second period of the first game.
Speaker 5: Jeez.
Speaker 1: The US also beat he handed a five rip in the prelimbs, which is why they are heavily favored in the finals.
Speaker 2: So the US goal won gold in ninety eight.
Speaker 1: In twenty eighteen, Canada has won the other five gold medals.
Speaker 6: And Tyler Tyler the big guy over there, Parker, not Tyler. He nailed it without Poohland too. She's a legend. She's captain Clutch. She has scored so many big goals. She has carried the Canadian team so many times in games where they're they were not the favorite that she is going to make a big difference. However, if the US just stays focused and like Parker said, uses their speed against them and just smothers them so to say, into their defensive end, that they're going to be able to control the play. But Murray Philippe Poohland definitely adds a dynamic that they haven't seen.
Speaker 2: You know, we always talk about like how do the curlers not accidentally kick the stones when they're sweeping? Yeah, Mick Jagger, Yes, I'm watching. Are you okay?
Speaker 1: Right now, the men's team sprint final for cross country is going on. There's a let's see about I don't know, fifteen teams or so.
Speaker 2: You take.
Speaker 8: And when they are pushing as hard as they can and their ski poles are going straight back, how does.
Speaker 2: No one get hit in the face. Yeah, it's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: It's just a bunch of random sharp objects, relatively sharp objects, just flying backwards and nobody ever gets hit.
Speaker 2: How is it possible? Yeah? Isn't that nuts? Yeah? That's insane.
Speaker 6: You never see it yeah, you never see it. I mean, it's sure, it probably does happen more than we think, like little little maybe you just like man, you're right, they like nobody ever reacts like you don't ever see it.
Speaker 2: I don't. I've never seen it.
Speaker 8: I know that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, well if you just drive it through somebody's foot, yeah, that's hockey. You have a lot of good ideas. No, that's not a bad idea, terrible idea, and you just gave them an idea.
Speaker 1: The bronze medal game for the women, Sweden and switzerl are before us and candidate tomorrow, so you can watch the.
Speaker 8: Bronze first if you want, you know, sure, Yeah you don't, you don't, Yeah, just watch the gold medal game, Chris.
Speaker 1: Do you care at all that Ronda Rowsey is coming out of retirement and will fight Gina Corano May.
Speaker 2: Sixteenth, live on Netflix.
Speaker 1: Now, if you're if you're not a giant MMA fan, or if you're not a big you know, Ronda Rowsey fan, you're probably going.
Speaker 8: Why is this?
Speaker 2: Am I losing my mind? Or have they been done for a long time? Check this out.
Speaker 1: Ronda Rowsey's thirty nine years old. She last fought in twenty and sixteen. That's ten years. Yeah, Gina Carano is forty three. She hasn't fought since two thousand and nine.
Speaker 2: What has happened? Isn't that the Mandalorian?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, yeah exactly. So they're both gonna get paid.
Speaker 1: That's why they're doing this because it's live on Netflix at the endo A Dome in Los Angeles in may Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a huge place. I will watch that. Man.
Speaker 1: Are you hoping though it's not performative, that this is a real like they are truly going to try to kill each other. They're not just going to do the completely Paul just cash a giant check and not even try the meat sauce that one that would suck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean the check wouldn't suck, but the meat sauce in it, it does seem.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's a Once you retire from fighting, you're like you look around and you go, am, I what else am I gonna do?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I know how to fight?
Speaker 1: Real?
Speaker 2: One thing like as pro athletes?
Speaker 5: Real real?
Speaker 2: Do you think something like that would be like a hot ticket? Like do you think the into it Dome or wherever it is will be packed. I'm sure probably. I think people will be into it. It's a lot of curiosity, I believe. Yeah, but all right, well what do I know? I don't watch it. No, no, I will watch it. I think they're both very attractive ladies, and I like to watch tough.
Speaker 8: Women fight a curiosity eighteen thousand seeds. Ye, yeah, they'll sell out. Uh, that's where the All Star Game was, right, that's correct. Did you see some of the video of how little people were there? No?
Speaker 2: Like munchkins? No?
Speaker 5: No, no.
Speaker 2: Do you have a problem with NBA?
Speaker 5: No time out? Is he not?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 2: Do you think that they keep them somewhere and they let them out from time to time? Wes is oz? How few people were there? Oh? There was nobody there.
Speaker 8: Nobody cares about the All Star Game anymore. Well, they were there. He just couldn't see him.
Speaker 2: You don't want to see him anybody. They discussed you, yeh, they do not. You're getting emails.
Speaker 12: I'm not.
Speaker 2: Hateful. I'm not hateful. I'm sending the first one. Why. I don't know. He thought it was funny?
Speaker 8: Yeah, why do you think it was so funny? I don't think it's funny. He'd you her Rosie got arrested Parish.
Speaker 2: Yeah I did. I'm not surprised though.
Speaker 9: He was arrested on charges of luter lascivious exhibition in the presence of an elderly person and exposure of sexual organs.
Speaker 2: I mean he's an elderly person, isn't he is that you know what I mean? Like he can a mirror be a victim? Yeah? Mine has been for Yeah. Yeah, don't take a black light to that ror. For those of you that can see this, look at this.
Speaker 8: How are they Like they're jam and their ski poles straight back, but it never hits.
Speaker 2: Anybody else they I don't get it.
Speaker 6: And yeah, like they're going they're funny head high like that. It does not look like they're trying to hold back at all, right, Like they're just flailing like this one on the left that's going way up over guy's heads.
Speaker 1: How does that not hit that guy right behind him, right in the faces behind him?
Speaker 12: How do you not?
Speaker 2: I mean, are the skis as long as the sticks if you know what I mean? A longer longer? Ye? Okay? Man? Whoa hey get that Jack. I've spent the last ten minutes trying to find that commercial and I might be going crazy. Maybe it doesn't exist. I'm maybe it's a Truman show thing. Maybe it's something showing in my head. Yeah, I've I seen that. Keepers. If you're out there, please somehow gay fan Chris underscore hockey. Twitter's something I need. I've been watching the chat here. There's nobody. Nobody knows what I'm talking about. I think you're going insane. It's a drug commercial for like Jervartis or something like that. And one of the things, they're all athletes and they're all breaking their bones somehow or another, and one of them breaks their ankle, and the sound is and.
Speaker 1: She goes, yea, she makes a hank kill sound. All right, let's let's do what really matters. When the Power Troy Morning Show returns, Mark Parrish is here. This is a Wednesday on the fan. Hey, good morning everybody.
Speaker 3: All you up there in the Arrowhead and hope you damn warm and taking care of yourselves, good old Arrowhead. And they are getting just blasted by that blizzard up there, sixty mile per hour. Wins Canal Park was without electricity, I guess last night. Oh yeah, we had to reschedule our show too to March which I'm glad we took that move. It's always a like a I'm not sure you want to do that, people making plans whatever, you know, But I think we made the right move.
Speaker 2: What date did you move it to? I believe we're gonna do March twenty fifth. March twenty fifth, sweet deep. So that'd be fun.
Speaker 3: But my gosh, watching some of that stuff, it would be fun to be like hold up in a hotel and not have anywhere to go and watch the storm come in off the office Superior.
Speaker 2: That'd be fun. Yeah, we would.
Speaker 3: If you have to get them go to work, that would not be fine. So take care of everybody. Oh well, see you later.
Speaker 2: Oh all right, let's do what really matter.
Speaker 1: And stats arend the world of sports, and it's brought to you by my friends at Ovo Lasick and lens get Lasick from the Legends of Lasik, doctor Mark Lobanof and doctor David whiteing o LA.
Speaker 3: I'm making an appointment next week. I'm going to see him. I'm hoping they can out my good eye.
Speaker 2: Yeah, see what your options are because now I can't see out of one and I can't see out the other. Free consultation. I have one. Glad you drove here. It's a crap shoot. Yeah whatever, Let's start with Tiger Woods. Take the wheel. Tiger Woods fifty years old. He's fifty. Tiger Woods.
Speaker 1: Is not completely ruling out a return to the Masters in April. Now, Tiger in October had lombard disc replacement surgery.
Speaker 2: And he ruptured his achilles last March.
Speaker 1: Now he's saying the achilles is not the issue, that that's good enough to golf, that it's still the back problem. He hasn't played since the Open Championship in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: Did you see by the way and watching the story lest night at ESPN, they had the footage of Tiger with his doctor and the doctor said, at least you're not this poor son of a bitch, And he showed Tiger video of Chad Abbitt walking down the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, said franklin Stein Golf. He called him a poor son of a bitch of me. Chad was on ESPs. He was just walking from behind.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 2: It was Chad though the drop foot.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Well, if that's the case, then he does play. We should get Ryan Donaldson in the golf bet because he'll take free money'll take him and it's free money.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest stories of all time. When he took him at twenty nineteen, we all laughed at him and he won. I didn't know who he was talking about.
Speaker 8: He's yeah, in his prime he was the absolute best watch, just dominant. Of course it is because of him. He was so good changed the game. Yeah, due, He's the Clabo of cross country scheme. Ye what I was going to say, Sure, like I's a beast.
Speaker 1: I bet, I bet Norwegian cross country skiing fans are like Tiger Woods in his prime is almost as good as Clabo right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you're exactly correct.
Speaker 1: That is the absolute wrecked sports analogy. Yeah, Welson, they identically dominant. Everyone got it, everybody.
Speaker 2: And he dances on the sand. Yeah what what hawks I bet he does.
Speaker 8: I bet he's like, I got to get out of Norway, there's too much snow and he goes to like Bermuda and just dances Bermuda Bahama alread he wasn't ever going to dance again. No, he will, he will bun Yeah, he did fus bunk hip And.
Speaker 2: If you weren't listening forty five minutes minutes ago, that was off the top road.
Speaker 1: Why did Chris say that Clabo flashes bug teaser I'm still here is yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Think it's your bug hole. Yep. Big game tonight for the lady Gophers.
Speaker 1: The Gophers are twenty third in the country, but they host number ten Ohio State at seven o'clock. The Gophers have won eight straight. They are twenty and six, Ohio State twenty two and four. And you know not that it like, you know, this isn't this isn't the be all end all. But if you go to the old ESPN dot com great website, yes, yes it is, and then you.
Speaker 2: And then uh wow, and then uh, I've been there before. Wow, I love we know, we know, And Tiger Woods was great in his prime. A lot of hot takes this morning. Have you guys tried McDonald's.
Speaker 1: He also earlier said, you can't really win a lot of basketball games with six guys against good teams.
Speaker 2: Oh that's true, though you're saying a lot of things true, hot take? Is that true?
Speaker 11: You know?
Speaker 1: There's an esp and analytics, right They try to They try to break down the probability based on everything that they can accumulate statistical in terms of statistical analysis. I mentioned Ohio State's tenth in Minnesota twenty third. What percent chance do you think ESPN Analytics gives the Gophers of winning tonight?
Speaker 8: Oh How States is ranked ten. The Gophers are ranked twenty third, but it is at the barn. According to ESPN Analytics, the Gophers win what percentage of the time?
Speaker 2: Thirty seven fifty. I was gonna say forty forty five, Zach, would you guess thirty seven? Yes? Again, sixty nine nailed it? Really, yeah, bitch, sixty nine We'll say bitch. The first time you didn't say sixty nine it was sixty nine.
Speaker 1: You would have been right, I said, So you blew it coordinate analytics or essentially seven out of ten.
Speaker 2: Completely blew it at the same time. Really knows, No, we always follow the leader. When one person guess, we usually always stay right around that number.
Speaker 8: God, Lady Gophers, they're on the fan tonight with guards on lead vocals go guards yep, on both the fan and Lady Gophers.
Speaker 2: What really matters though, is this? Yeah? Both? Why No, they're on bot what station's the plus? Cory ninety three point seven? Yeah, my god. Well, they're teammates, they're on the iHeartRadio app. We're fine. Yeah, right now.
Speaker 3: We always read and see movies and hear about the possibilities of global warming waking up some bacteria that kills us.
Speaker 2: All fantastic. Yeah, I think about that every day.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, an ancient strain of bacteria found frozen in a remote Transylvanian cave.
Speaker 2: Oh no, it's going to be vampiric blood.
Speaker 3: First, both a tantalizing opportunity to develop new weapons against a so called superbug and a chilling warning about what climate change might unleash. So it's actually happening in Transylvania.
Speaker 2: Of all of the venias have to be transil damn it. Sauce. You remember when you can see your venus? No, I don't remember. I don't think you need a mirror on the ground to see your Vedian Jesus. I don't have those. What we're talking about me and I don't have a Lady Park didn't say that you did. Sounded like it. This is why I just stick to ESPN dot com. It's a great website. Fantastic at teoser. Yeah, huh.
Speaker 1: Mike Conley is back with the Timberwolves. He's thirty eight years old. The Wolves had fourteen players for the last couple of weeks. The league minimum is fourteen, but you can drop down to him to thirteen for a max of two weeks. So that two weeks he just kind of like, let's just wait. We know we're going to get him back when he gets bought out. So that's what happened. So they didn't fill that roster spot, and now they're doing it with Mike Conley.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he'll be back on my brew back today. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, everybody loves him. Great culture guy, great leadership guy. He's been awesome for us. But it looks like he's hitting the age wall. Yep, he's thirty eight, but hey, welcome.
Speaker 5: Come on in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome back, man. Everybody loves Mike. Yeah, great, dude. I meant to the age wall. I said here, yeah, oh it's kids, Zach. You're you're in this age range?
Speaker 5: What are you?
Speaker 2: Thirty one? Thirty one? Thirty one?
Speaker 1: It is crazy how when you get older than professional athletes are and the other four of us are in that age range.
Speaker 8: It's crazy when you hear that thirty eight is old. I would kill to be thirty eight again, Yeah, right, kill And now.
Speaker 2: They're like, oh god, he's over the hill. He's thirty eight. He's done done, thirty eight. Yeah, oh man, it's over.
Speaker 5: It's over.
Speaker 6: When I was calling myself an old guy and an old retired guy at thirty five, I got a little lot of crosside.
Speaker 2: Thirty four people. Yeah, well it must be rough.
Speaker 8: When we were doing the World Juniors and they have got the birthdate of the players on there, and you're just seeing like twenty two thousand and eight, two thousand and nine, like, oh man, getting.
Speaker 2: Too old for this.
Speaker 1: Over Oh Germany discord. They were getting their asses kicked by Slovakia.
Speaker 2: But Germany's on the board four to one.
Speaker 8: Happy, they were all over them, yea for to one almost almost the end of the second period.
Speaker 2: Wait, he's good, yeah Germany. He's got to be obviously their best player.
Speaker 6: Quite but yeah, but the Germany's coming along though. He got Stut's a little most cider defenseman. They're they're coming along.
Speaker 2: They're a lot.
Speaker 6: They've come along ways in the last ten to fifteen years as a country with hockey, got a bit to go to catch the.
Speaker 2: Big when it comes to Germany. I don't know if you were a history buff that was just for Zach. But what really matters is they also love David Hasselhoff. They really do. Hatch. Yeah, he's got some slammers. He's got bung Teeser. I'm sure you like sting hamburgers Hoff doesn't have slam Yes, hooked out a Feeling. I know it's a cover. Great song. Oh he's got another one that kind of whales. Hold on, David, I wish there was a mouth cover for you. Oh fine, I just don't really just feed him. Hold On, I can't complain about this computer anymore. You're not allowed.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 8: I got yelled at, and then I said Hawk complains about that computer all the time, and he goes, I don't hear that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, he's trying to get to his radio. Hold on, what songs does he have here?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Looking for Freedom? Great song? Great song. What's better Looking for Freedom? Or ESPN dot com.
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 2: That's controversial? Yeah, probably ESPN dot com. Yeah, I'd say, yeah, it really matters this on the state of what year?
Speaker 3: Do you guys believe it was that Mark Twain published The Adventures Great Author of Huckleberry.
Speaker 1: Finn late eighteen hundred. It's correct somewhere in that range. I'm gonna go.
Speaker 2: Eighteen eighty five. Let's go eighteen ninety one. Right there, I was writer out there. I'll go eighteen ninety three.
Speaker 8: From the Mississippi there was eight I'm sa eighty one, eighteen eighty one.
Speaker 2: Sauce nailed at eighteen eighty five eighty five.
Speaker 1: Now, if I had not led with it's got to feel like late eighteen hundreds, would you have guessed nineteen seventy two?
Speaker 2: Probably?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't think I read that book. I agree you didn't either know that you didn't read it. Which came first? Huck Finn? Or the Pyramids?
Speaker 1: I think Twain wrote them in Egypt while watching them being built.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that sounds right. I think I remember hearing something about that, because.
Speaker 1: I remember like the last I think the last second he switched the setting from the river Nile to just the river.
Speaker 2: Did that statement?
Speaker 8: I don't even think it got out of round one. Hey, did your brothers quoke it out?
Speaker 2: I have no idea.
Speaker 8: His brother Gino said, the goal, the hockey net, or the goal weighs six to seven hundred pounds?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Did? Or guards?
Speaker 5: You did?
Speaker 8: Gorg's the goalies or horses lose like one hundred pounds the horse's bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did that win? I think that one?
Speaker 1: That's I think so, yeah, that's I'm not a I'm not a historian. Yeah, I know Tommy's the only two time winner. I'm almost positive that's there.
Speaker 8: The one with what's his face's injury is the best thing that ever happened and did he was the other one that makes.
Speaker 2: Carson Wines, I believe is the other bid something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, my turn the wilder off until next Thursday when they are at Colorado. Of course, the Olympic break clearly still in the mix because the men play later today.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Swedeness is whether rubber hits the road man. There's no giving up. The sweetest team is much different than everything else, everybody else they face so far. They've got some superstars on there that can win the game all by themselves. Should be a great semifin So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the way that I heard Brandon break it down yesterday, Mark tell me if this is correct. He said, this is actually a really bad draw for the US, and he said Sweden's the third best team in the tournament.
Speaker 2: So it's just the way that it worked out.
Speaker 1: We play them now as opposed to Canada catching semi or US catching them in the semis. Either way, the fact that we have them now is a little unlucky. So I guess our next matchup would be easier.
Speaker 2: I guess we get past Sweden, but if we lose to Sweden, we get no medal, no medal.
Speaker 6: Yeah no, and Sweden has broken the US hearts before they broke the girls hearts in six in the gold medal game. Yeah, this is a big time hockey, but at this point, down to the final four, and it doesn't matter. You know you're getting You're going against the best of the best in the absolute world. So this is where the boys really focus in and started the battle. And I want to see the Kachuk boys running around throwing their weight around like mad Sweden.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, more of what really matters after this. This is the Power at Drid Morning Show on the fin.
Speaker 3: All right, six forty two Patrie more what's going on? Tons, including more of what really matters from the Patrick Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 1: The Wolves are off until Friday, when they host Dallas at six point thirty. The NBA starts back up tomorrow, but the Wolves start on Friday post All Star Break. Here we go the home stretch. We're almost there, something like twenty five thirty games left, give or take.
Speaker 2: What really matters, though, is this I hope this works. It was twenty five years ago today, Come on.
Speaker 5: Pullet.
Speaker 2: Behind to the flag.
Speaker 5: Come Mike, you got it, got it, you got it, You got it, you got it.
Speaker 2: Michael Dale was not okay.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 8: Fox did a uh special Fox Sports did this year called it was like a little documentary called We've Lost Dale Earn Hurt.
Speaker 2: Highly recommend. It's on YouTube.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and but yeah, I'm very surprised, Chris, this is a made for Hollywood script, and I'm really surprised that there hasn't been like an actual like I mean, obviously there's been the documentaries and everything, but that is that that whole story. Obviously the tip of the iceberg is death of Dale, but everything else that surrounded that. As you hear Michael Waltrip winning his first ever race and his brother in the boot, yeah, his brother in the booth for the first time, you know, Fox Sports, it's it's a phenomenal horror obviously tragedy, but yeah, the you.
Speaker 3: Know, the whole I mean, this is I don't know how they would do this correctly. But with Kenny being the first person to look in the car, yeah, and then never telling anybody what he saw, and then Dale Junior thanking him on his podcast for never telling anybody.
Speaker 2: What he saw. That's huge, man.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's you're right, it's an enormous story. And I'm sure that it will be a movie at some point. I see Matthew McConaughey somebody like that playing Dale. I think that would be perfect. You know, It's just it's a hell of a thing. Twenty five years ago, two day Dal learn her senior passway blocking to his his teammates could and his son could win.
Speaker 8: Crazy that it does really matter, it does. What matters less is US men's hockey today to ten they take on Sweden. Sweden beat Latvia five to one to advance. So we have Slovakia and Germany playing right now.
Speaker 2: In Slovakia leads four to one, it's a freebie.
Speaker 1: Then we have Canada versus the Czechs at nine, to Finland versus the Swiss at eleven ten, and then the US and Sweden at two ten.
Speaker 2: So basically is the check at five thirty. I can't help myself. Parish will come up the bench too, So Parish is picking up the check. What about six thirty then? Yeah?
Speaker 1: So yeah, if you like hockey, man, you got Olympic hockey basically for the next what I don't know, ten hours or something like that.
Speaker 2: Please, a lot of it. Oh no, I can't wait. What really matters though, is this you guys familiar with the song from Ray Charles David what us?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Great song? Right? It was recorded on this day in what year? Eighteen eighty five? Is he right?
Speaker 15: Nineteen fifty five, sixty, I'm innder the nineteen sixty two, seventy eight, it was.
Speaker 2: Nineteen fifty nine. I think you guys would be that close to you you're right there, that's that's right, nineteen fifty nine. Wow. Yeah, and it was old.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So it's the song Big Tom Callahan was singing when he passed away. Yes, it was all right, Pete heart attack at his own wedding. Yes.
Speaker 3: Ray Charles made a call to Atlantic Records in nineteen fifty nine and he said, I'm playing a song out here on the road.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it is.
Speaker 3: It's just a song I made up. But the people are going wild every time I play it. I think we ought to record it. Yeah, this is the actual firm on the phone call.
Speaker 15: That no found.
Speaker 3: Marvin Berry has been left out of the history books. Sad to say.
Speaker 2: I believe he became I don't know. No, he wasn't mayor. That was Goldie. That's right, that's right, that's right, Mary, that's right. He's going to be mayor. That's right, Mayor Goldie Wilson. Oh man, God, I love that movie. It's not as good as a third one, but I love it. You love the third one so good. His the kid's name's Clint Eastood. Brilliant, Yeah, cor.
Speaker 1: The twins first game is Friday against the Gophers, and they play the Red Sox on Saturday. But again, the bad news out of spring training yesterday is that pictures Sorry. Pitcher Pablo Lopez has a U c L tear. He's done for the year. He is going to get a second opinion, but he's.
Speaker 2: Done for the year. And you know, look, Tommy John surgery is no joke. Didn't he didn't we talk about didn't he have it when he was super young? Yeah? Yeah, he had Yeah, sixteen, I think he's something like that. Yeah, man sucks for Pablo seems like a good dude.
Speaker 6: Yes, it wasn't Leriano that he was a Dynamo, but he had Francisco. But then he had the Tommy Johnson never quite.
Speaker 8: Yep, yep he I think he in that was it the O five or oh six season, which was one of the better twin seasons of all time. I think he had like a sore elbow and he kind of worked through it, and then he went out there and he threw a couple of pitches and then immediately grabbed what would have been his left elbow. And Yeah, he was unbelievable when he was when he first came in. We had him in Santana. That team should have had a World Series with that pitching duo. But what really matters is this.
Speaker 2: I'll give you this real quick. Then I'll be right back for then, and then how did it go? Had it really going for you?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Anyway, I'll give you this one was on this date in what year that the Green River Killer was credited?
Speaker 2: Credited? Is that the right word? With his forty ninth murdered? All right, we can figure this out, right.
Speaker 1: Former Timberwolf Martell Webster, they're pretty convinced that his mother was killed by the Green River Killer.
Speaker 8: Correct, that's correct. Webster played for us what geez till late two thousand, so like eight nine, So he was probably born late eighties. That have no idea what age Martel was when his mother was killed. But then this has this almost has to be nineties, then, right, nineties.
Speaker 16: Ninety five, I'll go ninety eight, I'll go ninety four, I'll go ninety six.
Speaker 2: On February eighteen of twenty eleven, whoa Kent, Washington courtroom, Gary Leon Ridgeway pled guilty to the nineteen eighty two aggravated first degree murder of his forty ninth victim, man, twenty year old Rebecca Morrero. And how many did he end up in? Did they? Was that the forty ninth one? Was that the last one?
Speaker 5: He was?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Gez forty nine? Yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Terrifying controversial two thousand and three pleat deal. Ridgeway admitted to the murders of forty eight women between nineteen eighty two and nineteen ninety eight.
Speaker 2: How do you get away with it for that long? It's I know, it's not still nineteen ninety eight that's not that long ago. How do you how do you get away with it for that long?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 8: They just back in the I mean even in the eighties when this all kind of you know, when serial killers got real bad in the eighties was because there were no cameras, policemen, there wasn't the Internet. They didn't share any information really, and it just there. They were just I don't know, man, I don't know how you get away with killing forty nine people. He confessed to ninety plus that he killed, and I think it was mostly prostitutes he killed.
Speaker 2: And he was married three times. Oh man, that part is he killed mostly sex workers and the women in vulnerable circumstances. I just didn't learn his lesson, manh uh went time? Did he just say this? What?
Speaker 8: What's the end of it is he did he get executed? Is he still he's still alive? I'm on yeah, No, he's still alive because of the plea deal. Yep, he's he got forty nine life sentences, sentences without the possibility of parole.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's not going to outlive that. And you know he strangled people. Yeah, killing, Yeah, killing is correct.
Speaker 1: Not to keep going down this path but again, does a guy like that get Netflix?
Speaker 6: No? Like?
Speaker 2: Did he watch Night of the Seven Kingdoms on HBO on Sunday?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 11: I did?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying? I thank you?
Speaker 8: Over estimate how much Netflix is available on these prisons.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: We've seen a lot of stories where they have access to they're like texting people and.
Speaker 2: They're having fun and not the violent guys. I would.
Speaker 1: I would hope not, because if my life is just as good as these guys, that's not fair.
Speaker 8: Then what what's holding me back from killing forty nine people? Clearly nothing right?
Speaker 2: If they're watching Night of the Seven Kingdoms and they're watching Severance on.
Speaker 6: Apple, they have their own cave like you got downstairs, Nobody bugs them.
Speaker 5: Go on.
Speaker 1: No, I don't have a dream gig, I don't have blood lust. No, but it sounds like the incentive to not have it is pretty low.
Speaker 2: You know, I get it. Lock him up and throw away the key. Where would you throw the key? His friends will find it? Even scale it? How far can you throw a key? She said? She didn't forget. Oh my, that's delay. Your birthday was two weeks ago, but it's still Look at that. God, are you kidding me. Look at all right, I don't want how do we show this this? How do we get this on camera? It's got me sleeping. It's a cake. It's a cake. That's so good with me sleeping. Oh man, that's awesome. Rocco is on my left. My glasses are in my hand. Usually they're underneath me when I'm sleeping. Checks out my feet and oh, poor little Guinness right there with these senior will get us. Oh my god, this is the coolest cake I've ever gotten. I still don't know how these people do that. Yep. And the hockey stack at the bottom of the dock. My gosh, she said to.
Speaker 3: Tell you she did not forget. We just were having a hard time getting it in here for you. But she found away and she had to drop it and run because she had a meeting at seven.
Speaker 16: And I.
Speaker 2: Thank you so Joseph, Jill way above and beyond. Oh my lord, isn't that the coolest thing? Is the coolest cake I've ever gotten? Yeah, yeah, that's all. Thank you.
Speaker 5: Jill.
Speaker 2: Oh sweetheart, are you the best?
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 8: There hasn't been one of these cakes over the years, so they were like, that's not that person.
Speaker 2: At all.
Speaker 1: You don't even know that, not even close to their personality. That's Parish just sleeping and hanging out with his dogs.
Speaker 11: Dang on.
Speaker 2: Now, if you're ready to beat a kid, I mean play. Yeah.
Speaker 3: If the authorities are listening, please understand I'm talking about a cake. I still have a set of boobs in my freezer.
Speaker 2: All right, do right? It was Dolly, Yeah, I kept them blown away. That is the coolest big Yeah.
Speaker 1: If you remember mine, Jill had me on a couch watching the World Series of Poker. There's like raising canes chicken fingers all over the place, and then there's a bunch of initials boxes. Yeah, that's that's pretty much something. Again, let's go full circle. How is that that far from what the Green River killer is currently doing? He doesn't have canes.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you. The only thing between my life in prison is I have access to canes and he's having a lot of sex. Yeah, probably if he wants to. You know what Charlie said, I don't know. There's plenty of sex in prison. That's what said. Man, I'm surprised a guy like that.
Speaker 13: I know that.
Speaker 2: There we say like if you mess with kids and you're you're going to get your ass kicked or killed in prison.
Speaker 12: But do you.
Speaker 1: Is that guy in general population? And if he is, how do you not say this guy, we should just kill this guy? Yeah, yeah, yeah, we shouldn't be afraid of him. He just killed prostitutes. Let's just let's take him out. That's a lot, right, Yeah, that's it's depressing. Yeah, you confessed to ninety yep, yeah, but his sauce nose. Some of those guys exaggerate because they want to be more prolific. Now, I would argue, if you killed forty nine, you might have killed ninety.
Speaker 2: He might not be lying. No, it wasn't forty nine. It probably wasn't that. That's what they could prove.
Speaker 8: They didn't find them, all right, Yeah, yeah, but who knows what the Ashuel number is, says Terrif.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is like Sam Little. It's a rough Wikipedia to read. I'm sure.
Speaker 8: I mean he would return to them, if you know what I mean, after he killed him. Why did they always do that? Bundy did that too?
Speaker 2: Bundy did that? Oh god yeah.
Speaker 8: He worked as a bus driver and off he would complain about the presence of sex.
Speaker 2: Workers on its route. So that's where he'd had enough, he'd had enough.
Speaker 3: Mm yeah, and it all started when he was sixteen year old exposed himself to old ladies.
Speaker 8: Yep, I don't know from there almost strong behavior. No, he thought it was funny. His mother would beat him up as a child.
Speaker 2: M Yeah, did you know?
Speaker 3: By the way, did you guys know that? I just I know we're done through what really matters? I was so what went wrong? The podcast about movies? The latest one is Eternal Sunshine of his Spotless Mind.
Speaker 2: Great movie, great, great, fantastic great. And the guy who did that, uh, Charlie Kaufman being John Malcovich, all those movies, right right, So and one has one of the guys also involved in being John Malkovich was Spike Jones, who also did adaptation and her being John Malkovich. Did you know he was also a creator of Jackass, Yeah, the TV show Did you really? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, I have no idea. He also did a bunch of music videos. I think did he do Buddy Holly for there?
Speaker 1: I think you are correct, yeah, because I think he won a couple of day if I remember right.
Speaker 2: That's a pretty awesome by days, right exactly.
Speaker 5: Like.
Speaker 1: Yes, speaking of that, So I tell tell Hawk what you just told us about. Stephen Wilson Jr.
Speaker 8: Uh He when he was whatever age, he really really really wanted an album, so he had his dad bring him to Walmart and told him he was going to get notebooks and he is. He said in the story, he had zero money and the only thing he's ever stolen is is an entire life is the Blue album by Weezer.
Speaker 2: No kidding.
Speaker 8: I wanted it that bad, and he said in the interview he said, I knew if I got caught, I would get a beating, and he said it was worth it. He said because everybody he knew how it and he stole it.
Speaker 2: So that guy is good.
Speaker 8: He's incredible. The version of Gary he played, I know Howard Howard my man. You can tell Howard loves Howard loves him.
Speaker 2: He loves him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the news is now exist is the Power to A morning show with Mark Parrish on the Fen