Speaker 1: By Billy Cunningham, The Great America and talk about the Bengals. Later on we had Moe coming up. Plus FC was a complete disaster, as was you see Bearcatcher's problems everywhere. But in the studio with me right now is Iris, Rolie and Iris welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. I think for the first time, is that correct?
Speaker 2: That is absolutely correct.
Speaker 1: Well, let's talk about what happened last night in Cincinnati. And on Sunday we had something the range of I don't know, seven or eight people were shot, one was murdered. According to most of the accounts, the city is ripe with violence of one type or another. And as the collaborator described to the American people, what your role is with the city at this point?
Speaker 3: So Willie, what my role is with the city currently is what my role has been almost for twenty five years, prior to me signing a contract to be consultant to the city manager on you on the work of policing public safety, to work through the collaborative. So for twenty two years, I just want to say to you and your listeners, I dedicated myself. My husband allowed me to my husband of thirty one years has allowed me to give them myself freely to the work of the Collaborative Agreement, so that meant no pay. We had no budget, we had no staff, we had nothing. And this was from the community's lins. This is from the Black United Front lines, the people who came together collective links that we're going to sue the city, the FOP in this police alleging racial profile. And now, mister Cunningham, I know folks get all up in their panties about well, what does that mean she's anti police? You're absolutely incorrect. Iris Rowley has done work greater than most people in the city, and I'm grateful to my spouse and to the Black United Front and everybody who's put work into the hands of the Collaborative Agreement, including the police.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about the police, because as a collaborator of sorts, you have to work with different groups. One most important groups is the police. Correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I had Ken Cobra on the head of the union about a month ago on Friday, Ken and he said that they have no common in you. They said that you involved yourself wrongfully, possibly criminally in arrest. They had video of you interfering with the police arrest and they have no confidence in you. So if one of the main parties of the collaborative is the police, and the police don't want to collaborate with.
Speaker 2: You, problem, So yeah, that is a problem.
Speaker 3: So listen, So Willie, I got into this in a very hostile rep way, right. So we were at the cusp of fifteen unarmed black men being killed at the hands of the police. The city had gone through civil unrest, major corporations, people didn't want to come. We were asking people to boycott downtown Cincinnati, and we downtown tourism and we were effective, and the whole world saw the Cincinnati was having issues with the black community and the police. That's what we rolle into federal court with thirty years of problematic policing. Now in the past twenty five years, if you got one incident that you're upset with, Iris wrote it about, I say, she gets an A plus.
Speaker 1: I have there several incidents.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I've.
Speaker 1: Seen three or four videos.
Speaker 3: No, so don't do that. You saw two videos, and you saw two videos. One on a set which I was called downtown to help a family who's sixteen year old was killed by a fourteen year old.
Speaker 2: So I get up.
Speaker 3: Because I work all the time, I don't know when IRIS really gets off. So I'm gonna ask your listeners to tell me that because I go from consultant to just advocacy and doing what people want all the time.
Speaker 2: Right, that's not fair.
Speaker 3: However, so when I get a call from one of my guys, it works on Government Square, and by the way, they've been doing phenomenal work. Call me and say, can you help the family. They don't know where the body is. They don't know this, they don't know that. Get up out of my bed, meet them at a thirty in the morning. I stand on Main Street for five hours outside of the building what his baby was murdered? Right, did not even know that? Helping the family to identify where the body was. And that's nobody's business but mine. I elected to do that as the great person I am, as Jesse's wife and his mom, and as a community caregiver. This is who I am and this is who I have been. So I go there. I help the family. We stand outside, Willie outside for five hours. So I stand outside, find the baby, find the funeral home, find out these things, go around the corner, get something to eat because I'm hungry. I'm noticing all these folk walking around with cups. They have alcohol, and I'm a contributor. I am a tax payer, and I pay attention to my town. So folk want to be mad because I pay attention to Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: Well be mad. I have at it.
Speaker 3: But I'm noticing a lot of folk walking around with beer and wine and cups.
Speaker 4: To me, is this?
Speaker 2: This is not a door? What's happening? So we leave there now?
Speaker 3: Remember I spend five hours go get an Ampanada so I can go home now to contend to my business. I see right where I'm about to move into because I go live on Green and Republic. Try to live down there for thirty days so I can do some problem solving. But we'll get back to that, because that's still part of the destroyer.
Speaker 2: I'm going to get there.
Speaker 3: To you, attorney, no, no, no, I sound like a tax payer. I sound like a person who's not whose voice hasn't been heard so that you can hear the goodness and you can stop trying to find the bad and the and the goodness.
Speaker 1: Now, let me say the police don't want to collaborate with you.
Speaker 3: That's not the police. That's not all the police. It was seven people, ten people. So so one of the things that I have for you, mister Cunningham, because always told you we're gonna try to get me, is I literally just got back with now.
Speaker 1: In some chief hand I'm not getting I'm reporting facts to you.
Speaker 2: I don't know if his facts because I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't talk about collaborate.
Speaker 3: I talked to Can Cobra and he's not said that to me. My husband talked to King Cobra. He's not said they did. Now I've read it in the newspaper. But they have no choice. You said that the police are the main character.
Speaker 1: They're not.
Speaker 3: The community is the number one the number one stakeholder in the collaborative agreement is.
Speaker 1: The community community, the black community, Cincinnati's majority white city.
Speaker 3: Well, but the majority white city wasn't having fitting on white.
Speaker 2: Men killed at the hands.
Speaker 1: They were all justified.
Speaker 2: No, they were not.
Speaker 1: Which one wasn't other than Steven Roach.
Speaker 3: And and and and in our in our community, That's what we were told. They were justified because they were no investigations. Mister Cunningham, and I see where you want to go, but I'm gonna keep moving us forward. Because that's what Cincinnati is and that's what the Collaborative has Actually, sure we helped Cincinnati do move forward. Had we not built in the framework of sayre and problem solving to address public safety and policing issues, we wouldn't have all the development. You wouldn't have a downtown that you see is vibrant. The Collaborative helped rebuild Cincinnati. And you know, I don't know if you know this, mister Cunningham, but the police and I have traveled the country together to talk about it. So when you say police, whom are you talking about? I just got back from Madison Westconsin.
Speaker 1: You should the FOP said they won't collaborate with you, and you're wrong.
Speaker 2: Well, who's FOP?
Speaker 3: I mean there are many there are many members. Well, there are many members.
Speaker 2: And you don't have to be the police to be an FOP.
Speaker 1: Surely when that happened, there was some The mayor came on some of the media and said that they're going to meet with you and they're going to identify problems when you interfere with an arrest and hopefully that'll get better. Did you meet with the mayor about your involvement and the arrest of a person that you seem to interfere with.
Speaker 3: Did you get But your facts are wrong. No one was arrested. There was a recitable ticket. So that's how I know you're speaking from me because your facts are not wrong.
Speaker 1: Conference, they're going to get with you and counsel you and help you to understand. Did you ever speak to the mayor on that issue?
Speaker 2: I'm spoking to the mayor about many issues.
Speaker 1: Did he talk about that issue? Did he change your behavior behavior?
Speaker 2: I don't think so, mister. No, No, I don't think so.
Speaker 3: And here's what I didn't do, because if I broke the law, I expect to be arrested, but they did not because they just.
Speaker 2: Want to take.
Speaker 1: A problem.
Speaker 2: Well, mister Cunningham, let me tell you what happened.
Speaker 1: By the way, younger than.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna call you, mister Cunningham, but I'm old enough to be respected.
Speaker 2: And so here's the deal.
Speaker 3: If I broke the law, I would expect for any officer that I've talked to, and I've talked to way more cops than you have. I've talked to way more cops than most of the people that you bring in your studio. You know, why I can say that, mister Cunningham, because I talked to every recruit class. I have done that since the year of two thousand and eight. Now here's where I think people get their panties in a bunch. And forgive me for my colorful language, because I'm very colorified.
Speaker 2: I don't know, so I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 3: So, so, mister Gunningham, here's what I will say to you again in twenty five years if that is the issue that you have.
Speaker 2: And I've not killed anyone, I'm not to meet.
Speaker 1: I'm not. I'm not.
Speaker 3: But if the police say that they because the officer officer heard who I spoke to was the same officer twice, female cup, I hunt the same officer twice. And I'm not going to tell you the story because I don't think you're interested in facts. You y'all want a gaslight. But that's cool too, because you can do that.
Speaker 1: I report the facts, but.
Speaker 2: The facts were it was a recitable ticket.
Speaker 1: Did the mayor ever talk to you and say, Irish, kind of calm down a little bit, don't interfere with an arrested and Mary tell you that.
Speaker 3: The mayor, after a peer of all which we should re elect has always been concerned with my well being and has always been answered. The question has always been policed. I am I'm answering the way that I think that you deserve an.
Speaker 1: Answer, yes or no. Did the police did the man?
Speaker 2: I've talked to the mayor about many things, mister Okay.
Speaker 1: Now on another issue, the issue of the collaborative. Do you think after twenty five years, there's many dozens of police agencies in the Tri State, dozens of police agencies since time police is one of many police agencies, only one has a collaborative. Do you think the police in Cincinnati have racial tendencies of such a quality that the collaborative needs to be in effect when all the other police agencies in the Tri State don't. What's unique about Cincinnati police? Who've had black police chiefs, black captains, et cetera, black mayors, black cities.
Speaker 3: They have one black captain right now well in the past. So we have issues there on diversity.
Speaker 1: Diversity, y, we still have issues of competency that we have.
Speaker 3: We have issues of diversity as respect to who is in our police division period.
Speaker 1: The question is what is unique about CPD that all the other police agencies don't need someone like you to implement the collaborative. Are they different than all the other agencies in Ambulenty County.
Speaker 2: I think that they're not courageous enough.
Speaker 3: One they've not been sued, so we sued CPD in federal court, so you have to do the mandate of the federal court. And what I do appreciate about what's unique about CPD is all of this training and all of this work and understanding around who the people are that they do police.
Speaker 2: I think they're extremely unique.
Speaker 3: I've been trained by the best, and that's what I said to King Kober the day of what you're talking about when you said, I interrupted, I'm trained by CPD, so I know how to I know how to read you, I know how to read your body language, and I know how to read someone standing by you. There was no threat of violence. I've been trained by CPD very well. So I saw that and it was it was.
Speaker 1: An inter question or since II police still racist?
Speaker 3: If you look at the data that comes from our Citizens Complain Authority, seventy percent of our complaints are by African Americans. I'll let you finiship answer the question. They may not be racist. I don't know what they are. I don't so they may be policing differently in one way than they are in this way. And this is the beauty of the collaborative. This is a job that taxpayers pay for. I pay taxes, mister Cunningham. I'm looking for reciprocity on my tax dollar, not only investment into the community. But I'm looking at reciprocity. And not only that, mister Cunningham, I'm looking at how I can fit into this and help what the collaborative has done for the city of Cincinnati. Dear sir, if you're looking for facts, it has reduced injuries to officers, lawsuits, injuries to citizens. So yes, it's unique. Yes, it's still needs. Yes we still have a long way.
Speaker 1: Not Hamlety County Sheriff's office, the Green town not Sycamore Township, only Cincinnati Police.
Speaker 3: All of them, all of them. So you're that you're no, sir, not But you're the attorney. So can you legally sue multiple agencies at one time?
Speaker 2: No, you can't.
Speaker 3: I'll answer we were only we could only sue in Cincinnati. But what I will say to you, dear sir, mister Cunningham, is that all of the ones that you just said out of your mouth they need help. And guess what they borrow from BAM, the collaborative agreement.
Speaker 1: Tracy Hunter, see Hunter, Judge Hunter, Judge Hunter, and speak for herself. She'd be for herself. So she you went out and picket at the home of my good friend, Judge Patrick dink Locker to protest a sentence that he imposed on Tracy Hunter.
Speaker 3: Protests a sentence and protest the injustice and protest him having no drug out of court.
Speaker 2: Yes, I did, all right.
Speaker 1: Yes, she was convicted by a multi racial jury of one count of felony. She went through the entire appeal process for years and dink Locker is still in court right now. Wasn't the trial judge. It was Natal who left the bench. And then you took it upon yourself to picket someone's home for following their legal duty to give her a sentence, which.
Speaker 3: By the way, and that's what make Dan Heels upset and said I shouldn't be collaborating. So since the exception, well, extremely when Pat dink a Locker issues justice fairly in our in our ho and so and listen and listen, this is the greatest point of democracy that you can disagree. And we did no damage to his home. We didn't dox him, We didn't put his address out in the universe say go hey threaten his wife and kids are grandkids. I'm like folks that listen to seven hundred. Wow, that has happened to me since all of this stuff, all this vituol and discord has come about, a collaborative agreement in iris Rowly. So yes, sir, I did utilize one tool in the Civil Rights Handbook too.
Speaker 1: Are you sorry I get away?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: Why would I be.
Speaker 1: Sorry because it was wrongful? No?
Speaker 2: Why is it.
Speaker 1: Because the judge simply did his or her job in this case it was a man and we simply disagree, disagreed. Yeah. Also, when it comes down to what happened on July twenty sixth, did you meet with the victims of the beatdown on July twenty sixth, the so called wife victims, and talk to them about what happened to them?
Speaker 2: No, sir, I did not.
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 2: They didn't call me?
Speaker 1: What do you have to only you respond to circumstances.
Speaker 3: People call my phone all the time, mister Gunaham. People call my phone and they want help. They didn't call me.
Speaker 1: The three CDC put out a video about a week ago which clearly demonstrated that the future criminal defendant started this thing with Alex t as I call it, and he was hit first. Yet the city leader stood up about a week later and demanded criminal charges against a person because of the color of their skin. Happened to be white, white person.
Speaker 2: Charge, No, sir, don't do that. Don't do that. I'm just saying what I don't do that. Don't do that. Don't you No, no, don't don't don't make it.
Speaker 1: Don't make it basant based on race, a person would charge.
Speaker 3: Because all of the African Americans were charged, and then they were charged with additional charges from the.
Speaker 1: Case the other ones who committed criminal actions.
Speaker 3: But here's what I will tell you. I spoke to Interim police Chief Handy on Friday.
Speaker 1: And you should have been put on administrative leave.
Speaker 2: I don't that's that's above mine.
Speaker 1: That is no.
Speaker 2: I can't say yes or no that. I'm not saying.
Speaker 1: Have you told police that she should not have been put on leaves?
Speaker 2: I would not say that. I would not interfere in the.
Speaker 1: Question about absolutely about the civil rights leader standing up and demanding a person to be charged with the crime based upon.
Speaker 3: Race based is that based on equity and fairness, based on the application, based on the application of the law. But let me say the fact is I spoke to Interim Chief Henny on Friday because I couldn't remember if this is a video that I knew that they had seen or that I had seen, because there were so many videos out there right there are tons of them.
Speaker 2: There was tons of them.
Speaker 3: So when I spoke to Interim Chief Heney, I said, just because the questions are coming to me. He said, Irish, we saw that video. That's the video that the city solicitors saw that. Then the charges were made against.
Speaker 1: Who was hit first.
Speaker 3: I think once you stopped. I think once you stop and start. I think once you stop and start. But that will be a question for the city solicitor and the city manager and the police interrant police.
Speaker 1: This is principle.
Speaker 2: If if you do know the interim police chief did sign.
Speaker 1: That Onny and the line officers would not sign it because it was wrong, and wouldn't sign it because it was wrong.
Speaker 3: I've not heard that. I've not heard that from the chief of police. I've not heard her say that at all. And we've talked through that. And as a matter of fact, here's another fact that you probably don't know. When the when the community was called forgetting the warrant sign, I spoke with Chief Tji. She did not know where mister Jermaine I can't think of his last name was. I actually did find him because he was in the Justice Center.
Speaker 1: That principle, if civil rights leaders and civil authority stand up and demand a person be charged because of the color of their skin, that's not what we demanded it. As a matter of principle, isn't that wrong.
Speaker 3: That what you're saying is incorrect. So if you listen to more over the black community and some non black people, and as some non black people thought, well, and we disagree, I'm even greater.
Speaker 1: Should a person be charged because of the color of their skin, No.
Speaker 2: They should be charged based on facts.
Speaker 1: Why didn't happen in this case?
Speaker 2: It did happen. They were charged based on facts because he slapped a man.
Speaker 1: But he slapped a man after he was punched twice in the back of the head first.
Speaker 3: But when you look at the video, mister Kunnah Hammond, I know they are too. There are two worlds, they're two girls. There's a nod, there's a privileged world, and then there's the not privilege.
Speaker 1: Thousand bucks a year aren't goodness?
Speaker 3: No, I'm not saying no, I'm not sir. I feed children, I take care of children, and I help my community. There is not enough to pay Iris really for the goodness that she's done in the city. And you don't have to say thank you while we're on the air. I'll wait until well off.
Speaker 1: As far as continuing, should we continue with the mayor? Is the mayor a long as the city manager? Yes, you in charge of the collaborative.
Speaker 2: I'm not in charge of the collaborative. I just worked the communities worked that.
Speaker 1: But you're paid right by tax dollars.
Speaker 2: I am paid.
Speaker 1: Should like this with the same mayor, the same city manager, you and others involved of criminal justice? And is this the future of Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: Mister Cunningham, I would, I would venture to say, I think you've called some more discord in this process in twenty five years that Iris Rowly has. You've not even heard from Irish. Well you would, but you've not even let me finish.
Speaker 2: Won't let me?
Speaker 3: You most certainly doing. You get to espouse it all day every day. But this is the first time you've heard Iris Roly name in years. Outside of all the great work at the transit site, this is the first time you've heard anything negative. So again, sir, I would challenge you, Yes, you will be I've been there since February twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: You know it's my good friend.
Speaker 2: I've not had any issues.
Speaker 1: It's my good friend, Charlie Kirk said before he was murdered in cold blood. When the talking stops is when the violence begins. I say, let's keep talking. That's what we've been doing without accusations.
Speaker 2: That's what we've been doing. That's what we've been doing. That's what I've been doing.
Speaker 1: When you come on again in a month, you got, you got.
Speaker 2: I'm married to that guy right there. You crazy.
Speaker 3: I will be back. I'm a member of the Since Name Black and Underfront. But listen, this is what I have for you, mister Cunningham. This is the full collaborative agreement.
Speaker 1: I want you to read it is I you can have I got this right, your diploma right now.
Speaker 2: You can't have my diploma.
Speaker 3: That's my participatory Read it though I want you to read it to the people so they'll know.
Speaker 1: Center for Problem Oriented Policing presents the Herman Goldstein Award and Recognition of Excellence and Problem Oriented Policing to Missus, Iris, Rowley Society, Black United Front.
Speaker 2: There you go. So and I was with intem cheap chief Henny with assistant.
Speaker 1: Did he see the tape ahead of time when he signed the falseho.
Speaker 2: You should get him in here and talk to him.
Speaker 1: Why don't you ask the mayor and Hanny to come in here that I've asked him, They won't come on. They we got the guts to show up. I'll give you credit for that, but you don't make it.
Speaker 3: You don't make it warm and fuzzy. You don't make me Fisher to come with security.
Speaker 1: You got two big men.
Speaker 2: That comes to.
Speaker 1: M wrestled those security to this. Will you come back in a month or two?
Speaker 3: But let me say the guts. I have all the guts. You know what I typically say to people. My balls are beginning you us, But my husband told me stop saying that.
Speaker 1: So listen, are you transgender?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not.
Speaker 3: We had something, are you? You sound like it?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 2: This is you got your Monday's on the day with his Monday. But listen, tay.
Speaker 3: That you should have had on Sunday the way the Bengals play. But but that's a whole other story.
Speaker 1: Why don't you come on again? If you got the guns? Irish Rowley, will you come on and do come down to the transit center?
Speaker 2: When are you coming? When are you coming?
Speaker 1: My people will be in touch. Will you guarantee my security?
Speaker 2: My secure?
Speaker 1: I got you, I got you guys looking.
Speaker 6: Talk to him.
Speaker 2: But mister help. The other piece that I have for you is this is actrocency.
Speaker 1: This is what all this to give me homework.
Speaker 2: You better read it too.
Speaker 1: I will because I know who.
Speaker 2: You learned from?
Speaker 1: Games?
Speaker 7: Games?
Speaker 2: So who was his? Who was his college roommate?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: Was that you?
Speaker 1: Judge? Robert Franklin was a roommate of mL King of nineteen forty eight? More houses?
Speaker 2: Your question in my Civil Rights Act?
Speaker 1: Merit, I don't believe in well you die?
Speaker 2: Well, why in the world won't we gonna break that?
Speaker 1: Let's break it up time?
Speaker 3: So tell them to stop f and when iris really we're doing and.
Speaker 1: You get me puts you got me yours? Thank you? We have a God Bless.
Speaker 2: America, God Bless America.
Speaker 1: Seven hundred WLW Joining me now is the legendary Mike McConnell. You're still alive. Only the two of us are left. Are you aware of this? Alive? And well you heard the end of my Irish Roly debate. Yeah, she shouldn't come completely around. She was almost she was close to coming to be Trump support. Close. And so when I said, is Cincinnati police more racist, for example, than every other police agency in the Tri State answer is yes, of course, of course they're more racist, and they have to be governed by Irish Roly.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. If you're making one hundred and ten thousand bucks a year, you better find problems. You can't say, look, we've solved this difficulty. It means, right, you don't need me anymore. But nonetheless you're here about Bob Trumpy and so much more. Yeah, all the good ones. You know, the good guy young You and I are in good shape.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And he's one of those guys I think from a listener perspective, he was a little bit misunderstood. He was actually a nice guy, soft as long as you didn't mispronounce something when you called his show that was if you like screwed up a player's name or something. Nothing else you had to say was going to make any sense as far as he was concerned.
Speaker 1: So we began to think of the magnificent six we had when it all got together. We had Jim Scott, pretty good, Mike McConnell, I love that guy. I love that guy too, really good. Gary Burbank is pretty good, not bad. Bob Trumpy or Chris collins Worth, Andy Furman, Yeah, me and then the truck and Boso, and now only two of us were left. The rest he did. What does it say about us?
Speaker 8: You sent out a tweet or something today? It was brought to my attention the way you wrote it, the passing of Bob Trumpy read it.
Speaker 1: You haven't right there. I have all kinds of stuff here. It appears to others as though you're calling me a bozo. We know they not. Everyone knows about the bozo. So the way you rode it, well I did. I wanted to put the bozo in because you know he's dead too. So here it is father time is undefeated, untied, unscored on that's the one. Jim Scott, Gary Burbank, now Bob Trumpey have recently died, and the Bozo dot Mike McConnell, yes, comes before. That's right. I guess you could read your the boat. So Mike McConnell has retired. All night Man used to be the truck and Bozo. Yeah, it's been how many years he's been going fifteen years, twelve at least, but he's in the Hall of Fame. And you and I aren't look at it that way, but that was the lineup made and we don't recognize at the time what it was because we were doing we were just doing radio because of the great producer, director, head coach Randy Michaels. He's the one that got it done. Plus John Phillips in the air with the helicopter didn't crash. I'm like Nanson Cormick, it didn't crash. That was pretty good. Traffic was wonderful and from the sky.
Speaker 8: And then we also I remember Dave Reinhardt walking around going, you don't understand not every place is like this.
Speaker 1: I thought it was everybody had people like this, right, So what are some of your other thoughts about Bob Trumpy. I'll give you a few of minds.
Speaker 8: You know, he's yeah, I know hi when he worked here, but knew more about him after he retired. I mean, he's one of those guys. He really you like to him. Keep an eye out for the older guys in the neighborhood. He cared about them. Memorial Day Parade, he'd get a golf cart and ride it. In case somebody got tired, he could hop in and get them a ride.
Speaker 1: Also, I had the one night that a woman is committing suicide. Yeah, called in and Bob Trump. He almost cried himself to talk her off the ledge, get her help. That was the soft side of Trump. The hard side that the listener perceived was very difficult if you disagree with him. The best shows he did was a pet Pete Franklin from Cleveland and when the Browns and you know the Coastar and the size and all that, back and forth, back and forth. He'd interview Bill Belichick, he'd interview everybody, everybody, and you listen to some of that stuff. Matt Reason back and put all these old tapes to get on, get it on. He was even a better interviewer than you remember. He was pretty good.
Speaker 8: Yeah, remember him know all this stuff and occasionally being bombastic, But if you sit down and listen to an interview, he was a better interviewer then I think we gave him credit for.
Speaker 1: And then of course you got the NBC. He did Sunday Night, Monday Night, did Westwood One, did the Olympics, Classic Story, the Ryder Cup three times. Masters he did that on radio so he could play I gust the National now and then, which is not a bad thing to think about. He said.
Speaker 8: He only done golf a few times, and he was I guess you get out there and play the course when you first get there, and learn a thing or two.
Speaker 1: About it, mister golf professional. I got to play a guy. I got to play somebody else, you know Trump. Hey, And he turns around as Arnold Palmer. He said, Arnold Palmer knows my name Trump. Yeah, Arnold Palmer Palmer not bad, right. I was after him for like twelve years. So I got there by a mistake, like in August of eighty three, supposed to have a to be here, and I would go into the studio at I was on nine pm until one am, and the trump Ster was on six to nine. And it was a small studio about half the size it was filled with cigarette smoke. He was a chain smoker on the air. So after about two or three weeks, I said, Bob, is it possible that for the last hour before I sit in this small closet studio that you couldn't smoke? He dropped the F bomb and ended it with you, and so I guess the answer was no. And then Randy Michaels would want him to read. Of course, that was a big deal at the time, school closings. The next day Trump he says, I don't do school closings. Get somebody else in there. They got into it. And what did Bob Trumpy do with Randy Michaels end them? Didn't he up against the wall. Randy was a strong man, and Randy Michaels remains. I understand he's lost about eighty pounds. He's in great health, but at the point he probably weighed hundred and eighty one hundred ninety pounds. Five foot eight. Picked him up by his shoulder blades, pinned him up against the wall, and Randy's feet feet were moving like he was running, and he said, I don't do school closings. So he had seg to come in to do school closings the next day. Trumpy wouldn't do it. It was hard to coach shows, say would you. Yeah, but he had that heart of gold going for. He had a heart of gold. So what do you mean you get into like the Pete Rose and Ojson.
Speaker 8: Wait, he believed those guys because they told him they didn't do it. And I'll tell you, and I said this at the time, if you were ever in some serious trouble, you probably couldn't find a more loyal friend than Bob. Trumpy didn't exist. He was and what he was, I mean, he was amazed that friends of his would lie to him when.
Speaker 1: It all came out. Pete Rose had this lawyer in Dayton, I forget his name, that would come on with Bob and then me afterwards. And this went on for like what from February until August of nineteen eighty nine when he met the commissioner, Uberroth met him up and you know the rumors betting on And I said betting because I had bet with Pete at the racetrack And when I started doing the extra inning show, I was on with Pete and we became friends, and I knew he bet on everything. And the fact he wouldn't bet on baseball, the one sport he knew to me was like unlikely. But then at Willie's and Kenwood we opened up in eighty nine, he was there almost every day at the at the bar by himself, making bets and the bartender is telling me he's betting on baseball, and I said, wow, you know, but he had this, uh, this ability to convince Bob Trumpy that he wasn't betting on baseball.
Speaker 4: And O. J.
Speaker 1: Simpson could not have slaughtered and sliced off the head of the mother of his children. That's not OJ that I know. He went down with both ships. He did, and he was hurt, and OJ told him he didn't do it. That was good enough. What about the blood? I was all playing it there by, you know, yeah, by whatever. So what's Mike McConnell doing these days? Actually kind of relaxing? They doing nothing. Well, do you miss it? You want to pinch it for me?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: And then? No? Not really?
Speaker 8: I mean do you want to think about that? I could pinch it for like ten fifteen minutes. I would want to do a whole show.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 8: Once in a while something comes up and I'll, you know, interest me. So I'll start looking some things up and like I could use something like that.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 8: How about AI taking all our jobs as an example? Could it so the other day?
Speaker 1: Because I'd heard a set like this sometimes In nineteen fifty, one of every thirteen women working was a telephone operator. One of every thirteen women in America. That's what they did for a living.
Speaker 8: Today and three hundred and thirty million people, we have two thousand operators because back then, I mean it was switchboards and office building switchboards and hotels, all those things, or one point three million in nineteen fifty and all those jobs are going, right, but they found something else to do, right, AI, I probably paid better than that.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: Another thing, of course, we talk about food stamps and the cards, BET cards, And in nineteen seventy five to nineteen eighty one and fifty Americans were on food stamps. Yeah, today it's one in eight and it's accelerating. I don't think there's more people hungry and families today than there were in the nineteen seventies. And give the numbers, that means two percent of the American people were in food Sampson in the mid nineteen seventies today's twelve and a half percent, six times increase. I think there's some fraud going on a little bit. There's no good there's no good explanation for that at all. None.
Speaker 8: It's easier to get on disability, that's part of it. You know, fewer people on regular welfare benefits they switched to disability. It's easy to get on that, and then you get the rest of your benefits as a result.
Speaker 1: So when you have a large, consistent, large group of Americans committed to a government benefit that goes on for years, it's damnar impossible to stop it. Was there a dip with Clinton.
Speaker 8: I'm one of those people on the few Republicans who gave Clinton a little bit of kudos for what do you ACCOMPLI Yes he did.
Speaker 1: He did. He put in wealth work requirements, shut down the southern border. And I remember at the balance budgets at the time, Health and Human Services having the county was ta to somebody from there and they said they were actually in the wake of Clinton's fixes, that they were getting thanks from people for kicking them in the butt and getting a job, and they felt better about themselves, and they were saying, what surprises you if you're losing clients, so to speak.
Speaker 8: You don't usually like that, but they were very positive about it. So it had we've dipped at some point and then just another work requirement went away.
Speaker 1: Now, the institutionalization of government benefits is so deep and solid. The media doesn't do stories on people that should not be on food stamps. I watched the Secretary of Agriculture yesterday. They've so far found five million dead people getting food stamps. Somebody's using their cards EBD cards five million, and they also said another five to eight million or illegal shouldn't get in anyway. So the forty two million to get it, that number should be about cut in half. They're in the business to trying to find out who's illegally getting it. But the Democratic Party at blue states blue cities won't give the FEDS the information who's getting the benefits. The states administer and the FEDS pay for it. So if the state of California, for example, in New York State won't communicate to the FEDS who's getting food stamps, what do you do? And the answer is, we don't know. Because we know five million are dead, another five to eight million shouldn't beet they're illegal, But we need more information about who's getting this because obviously twelve and a half percent of us aren't hungry. In fact, obesity is a bigger problem for the poor than malnutrition. Far and away, far and away, that's the problem. Can you say that, Yeah, yeah, I just did. Is it true? Can you speak truth? I don't think you can. So, Hell, I don't know. The free store food bank, I think that's good. Is marvel? I like that the way they do things. I bought. But here's another issue. I am told on YouTube there's a way to gain and to gain the freesto forward free store food bank and also the food stamps. By that, I mean the cars that pull in. They go to one free store food bank, then go to another, and then go to another. And with the dead people getting food stamps, they put them in large drums. All these product shipping back to Haiti or Nicaraguar somewhere, and they're sold in the bodegos, and so they monetize it. Plus you can sell your your benefits for fifty cents on the dollar and get cash. Now should that be in the system. Hell no, I want hundred people to get it. Yeah, well, number years ago. It's probably late eighties, early nineties. Right after the Thanksgiving free store, great food giveaway, guy called the day of a guy called Who's a small grocer somewhere in town talk about the number of people coming in trying to sell them turkeys they just got on the free store. Can we get that out of the system? Is that possible? I don't know. I doubt it make everybody reapply. I don't know. Ye may wouldn't that be something? Yeah? I don't know. Right well, Michael, you you gotta do talk radiot. Have you thought about every now and then doing the morning show when Tom Brenneman's on Friday's doing football? No, have you thought about doing Middays ten am to two pm, which you did or ten to three you did.
Speaker 8: I told Rocky I'd fill in for Eddie sometime, because I've told Eddie has got the easiest job in the freaking world. Mean, you could get up and you could play around the golf if you wanted to get to work at three and be home by dinner and work.
Speaker 1: With the I thought Eddie sets up all.
Speaker 8: That's not true, he says, he does it more so with Rocky having football related so.
Speaker 1: You will pinch it when any fingers is gone with Rocky and All, I said, I would, whether you do it or not. Yeah, but you won't do the truck and bozo overnight with the Red Eye. You won't do that? Is that still on?
Speaker 8: That was the worst part about getting up at three twenty in the morning was listening to that Red Eye.
Speaker 1: The Red Eye radio is Tony Benner's favorite program here. He told me he loves Red Eye red He loves it, loves that stuff. Mike, thanks, talk about people can never change the subject. You gotta be able to be a little flexible, right. I have a reputation to be in somewhat conservative, but I talk about everything, and I watch MSNBC and I read the New York Times. Guys, got to see what the enemy's doing. I do too well, come back again. You got a future in radio. I might stop by. Are you in Social Security yet? Oh? Yeah? Don't you love it? It's yeah. On the twenty three every month I had about five grand put on my account. I got to you on the fifteenth.
Speaker 8: It comes through and you eat ch ching, get my regular installment on the first. I still get paid on the first and fifteenth, just like the old days. You do how do you do that? From here?
Speaker 1: All my savings, I got to work. I take a chunk of them. That comes in the first, and then social comes in on the fifteenth. A year in hog Heaven, I got to talk to Tony Benner about a long term, guaranteed bonus Laton contract extension. I'm not done yet, Mike. Do you ever see me retiring? No? Well, when's it up? When's your president? I think three years, but I'm not sure. I really haven't. I signed something four or five years. I wanted to be here as long as Trump is in the White House. After that, I'm done. There's a goal for Yeah, okay, thanks for stopping in. Don't be a strange. My pleasure. My pleasure, Me and I Iris Rolie. Is that a match made in heaven time? I think off air, you guys are getting along right. She wanted to hug me, like all women do. I said, go ahead, Iris, have at it, but don't don't squeeze my buns, is all I told her, and she sat on the air. She doesn't have balls, and she asked me, do you I said, you want to see him? I saught I better not do that. Would you agree.
Speaker 8: I've had some militants on over the years who off air were fine.
Speaker 1: She's fine on then all of a sudden, that's yeah, it's this the green letters Salvation racism pays big bucks. Yeah. On news Radio seven hundred WLW, I Billy Cunningham, the Great America dihearst mos here to put a carriot on the performances of a so called sports teams over the weekend, beginning on Friday, when Anna's a fat Russian woman beat the crap out of Deer Park High School in the high school playoffs. It was forty seven to three or something, and so I knew it was going to be a bad weekend mode and it was going to be this bad. Anna kicked it off near Minster by the way. Anna is by Minster. You've been there many times, I'm sure hang out there often. And then then Saturday kind of build a little bit of the tsunami. Saturday you have the Mormons out of the Utah. I saw a lot of your social media picks, et cetera. It was a great place, a lot of people there, the empty stadium, all of a sudden it was packed, people going nuts. Game day was there. It was wonderful, and you had told me that you see was going to win the game. I think the final score was like forty eight to fourteen or something, but it wasn't that close. I never told you they were going to win the game. And then they got a little bit bigger for the Bengals game on Sunday one o'clock this morning, everyone had bags over their head on ESPN, and you've gone over the stats and I'll get to them in a moment. And Sunday night at the Enchilada, the Big FC against the Crew, and you know, shots on goals and important measure as to whether you're advancing the ball. I don't care much for soccer. It's a comedy sport. That's a different thing. Twenty shots on goal. Crew had nineteen of the twenty shots on goal since I had one shot on goal, and they get hammered for zip. Now, let's not begin with dear Park and Anna, let's go let's not begin with the Bearcats. Let's go on to the Bengals. Bengals, are you prepared for some stats?
Speaker 7: And in the middle of all that, we lost the godfather of Cincinnati sports talk radio.
Speaker 1: We're going to talk about that too mode. That's got kind of a downer right there, because he's eighty years old and he passed away yesterday, the great number eighty four. In fact, the player for the Bengal opponent yesterday, you might recall, was wearing what number as he went in to win the game. I'm sorry, eighty four eighty four. That was Bob Trumpy going at the Bengals of Mike Brown one more time. The player wearing number eighty four for the Bears is the one, and I put on my social media accounts the three Bengal defenders all around this guy, and all they had to do was say, get him on the ground, likely win the game. And the three Bengal defenders could not tackle number eighty four. Am I right or wrong about?
Speaker 7: You're one hundred percent right, and I'm sorry my brain froze there. Eighty four.
Speaker 1: You were thinking about the Trumpster.
Speaker 7: When the Chicago Bears got the ball back, it wasn't a matter of if they would score. It was a matter of would there be any time left?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: When I knew that.
Speaker 7: You knew how they were going to score, Chances are there was going to be either busted coverage or mistackles in the secondary, which is exactly right if there was an avatar for the twenty twenty five Bengals. It's how Chicago scored that last touchdown with two safeties basically colliding with each other. The position that all offseason Duke Tobin left unaddressed comes back to bite him in a moment where the season was hanging in the balance. It was an embarrassment. It was a direct indictment on Duke Tobin. It was a direct indictment on Al Golden. It is Golden. It's goal in goal in take the D out, there's no d It's so frustrating from a few different perspectives. Number One, lay out the Joe Flacco story should be the best in the NFL. He joins the Bengals and within five days he gives us hope. Four days later he plays his heart out against the Pittsburgh Steelers beats him in prime time. He has since played some of the best football of his.
Speaker 1: Eighteen year career.
Speaker 7: This should be the best story in the NFL, and instead it's a footnote. Because the defense all I heard all off season long was Al Golden with the same guys is going to fix the defense enough? So that it's league average. All we need is league average everage average. My question was average. My question was statistically that makes sense. If you have a great offense and a league average defense, you should be okay. But when the game is hanging in the balance, when you need a stop to win the game, when you need a stop to give your offense the ball back to give them a chance to win the game, can you all season? Last year? All season?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 7: The answer were the answers were no, No, What about this year?
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 7: Against the Detroit Lions, they cut to the they cut the Detroit lead to eleven points, ten and a half to go in the fourth quarter. Lions go down in six plays against the Pittsburgh Steelers, a game that they did wine of the field, slow down, Aaron Rodgers, you win the game.
Speaker 1: They don't.
Speaker 7: Fortunately, Pittsburgh scored with too much time and the Bengals actually came back and won that one. Against the Jets, when they needed a stop, could they get it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 7: Against the Bears, when they needed a stop, a team playing without their top running back, a team who's best wide receiver didn't catch a pass yesterday, could they get a stop?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 1: And so the fact that.
Speaker 7: We asked those questions this past summer, are they going to be able to get stops? And we were padded on the head and assured to Tobin and el Golden know what they're doing.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 7: The fact that it turns out that they were wrong and we were right tells me those people shouldn't be employed by this franchise anymore.
Speaker 1: Here's the photo I put on social media. I'm sure you and Tanya Benner saw it. I say, how is it possible Bengal defenders missed this tackle? There's this snapshot. You got three guys around number eighty four. Three guys just attack them, be like a monkey, Jump on his back, get him down, stop him somehow.
Speaker 7: Duke Tobin has had his successes. We know what they are right. Most of them have centered around drafting Joe Burrow and Jamar Chase. Is that smart and and make smart personnel decisions with the teams that went to five consecutive playoffs in twenty eleven through twenty fifteen. But with what he has been tasked to do over the last couple of years, which is draft defensive players and give them to a coaching staff that can get them to help immediately. He has failed spectacularly. And here's where the distrust comes in. If the Bengals are going to fix this defense in time to win championships, while you have Joe Burrow, Duke Tobin is going to have to do the exact same things he has failed at doing the last few years.
Speaker 1: Why is he still employed today? It's a great in the afternoon. Why if I put on my social media account, MO, he should be fired. I don't know.
Speaker 7: I don't know what's scoring. I don't know how you conclude any other way. I don't know how you could. You could watch what the Bengals have done on defense the last couple of years and seen the number of failed draft choices, seeing the number of failed decisions, and walk away from it thinking Duke Tobin should be given a chance to fix this rebuilt I don't know how you do that, I have I don't know how you could say that organizationally, this thing that they have been bad at, they're suddenly going to be good at with the same people in charge.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I don't know how you do that. This is an affront to anybody who watched last year's team. It's an affront to the quarterback play they should be getting from Joe Burrow and they and they are getting from Joe Flacco. And I keep coming back to this when when Joe Burrow got hurt behind an offensive line that continues to not be great although it is played okay with Joe Flacco as quarterback. I imagine Duke Tobin sitting there if he works for me, and I go, hey, Duke, Duke, why can't you fix this?
Speaker 1: You're not a private well now it's.
Speaker 7: Your defense, And I go, Duke, why can't you fix this? If you sit in front of your boss and he or she keeps asking you, why does this keep happening? Why can't you fix this? At some point your boss is going to tell you we're gonna find somebody else. Why doesn't that happen with Duke Tobin?
Speaker 1: Tony Pike told me that beginning today, the offensive team is banning the defensive team from the Bengals locker room. They will not associate with them. They don't want to look at them and the defense. Shamar Stewart and Miles Murphy have a special at the Pancake House in Montgomery. Really the pancake specials. I've seen a montage of Shamar Stewart, the guy who was the defensive end from Texas A and m that guy he's a pancake several times with a big fat offensive lineman. Squad are on top of him, and Miles Murphy want any better? And so is there? Would you have a pancake special at the original Pancake House of Montgomery? Would you have the Stewart, Shamar Stewart and the Miles Murphy special for pancakes?
Speaker 7: That sounds great. Pancakes sound awesome? Right now, Let's get who they're named after.
Speaker 1: Let's get it.
Speaker 7: Those are just a couple of players, Miles Murphy and Miles Murphy was drafted in the first round in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: He's ready, He's ready.
Speaker 7: You and I have talked about this, Willie, He's ready. This is a league, especially when you have a high paid quarterback. This is this is a league about superstars and cheap talent, right, inexpensive cheap leaves just like here at this radio station, very much like here at the radio station. So the Bengals have stars who are getting paid a lot of money. By the way, one of them, yesterday, t Higgins was awesome, better than this awesome. You have to get immediate impact from your draft choices, especially your first round picks.
Speaker 1: But in three years, yeah, nothing that hasn't happened. Do you want to hear some facts? Of course I do. When was the last time a starting quarterback in the NFL through for four hundred and seventy yards that the team recovered a fumble? That shall we say on the inside kick? That the opening kick went for ninety five yards in a touchdown, that two wide receivers had over one hundred yards each, That the quarterback throws for four touchdowns, they block a field goal, and they score forty two points and lost. When was the last time that happened? It happened yesterday? Oh, I'm sorry, either of nineteen sixty six, your friend New York Giants and the Green Bay Packers, and you won't recall that. And of course this is a record of that's fifty nine years of ineptitude.
Speaker 7: So since Week three of last year, so that's the last fifteen games of last season that's run, and then nine games this year, twenty four games.
Speaker 1: That's a lot.
Speaker 7: In one quarter of those games, the Bengals have scored more than thirty and lost again. In their last twenty four games down there have been six, six times the Bengals offensively have scored thirty or more and have lost. And what a quarter in one quarter of their game one courter and they lost. So the last week three last year against Washington, they scored thirty three points and lost. So that to yesterday, that's a span of twenty four games. Pretty good run in six of them. Does Mike Brown know this? I'm sure he does. In six of them they have scored more than thirty and lost. If that happens twice during that stretch, that's a lot.
Speaker 1: Panic. It's happened to this team six times. Panic.
Speaker 7: They've changed defensive coordinators. They really haven't changed the players. Where's your low?
Speaker 1: The person in.
Speaker 7: Charge of constructing the roster is Duke Tobin twenty five years, is been doing. He is the one that looked at the secondary last year's secondary and literally added nobody.
Speaker 1: They didn't look good.
Speaker 7: They didn't draft a safety, they didn't draft a corner.
Speaker 1: Do they have an NBA problem? I have no idea. I had more than one tweet talking about the three defenders surrounding number eighty four. You me and Tony could have tackled that guy.
Speaker 7: I know, low, you go high. All you got to do is get him to the ground. So the frustrating thing is you knew what was gonna happen. You knew what the Bengals scored. You know, Aam Taylor, the previous driver or two drives prior got crushed on social media for the challenge where ultimately gave Chicago a touchdown, and I thought, what's the worst that can happen? You're just gonna hasten the inevitable because you know the Bengals defense is going to give up scores when the game is hanging in the back a lot. It has been the case now for a while, and the longer it persists, the less trustworthy this organization is that they're going to figure out, like, you've got to start from scratch with next year's defense. We're not supposed to be starting from scratch during the Joe Burrow era.
Speaker 1: How do you tackle somebody?
Speaker 7: We're supposed to be competing for championships in the Joe Burrow era? Are you competing for championships if you're starting from scratch? The answer is no, So.
Speaker 1: What do you do? You're now Duke Tobin, Mike Brown, Katie Burnt, Blackburn Brown, your Troy Blackburn Brown, You're Paul H. Brown, You're all the Browns. It's a mom and pop operation worth billions of dollars, by the way I read online. Yeah, big game on Saturday with Ohio State and Penn State. Lots of NFL talent, would you agree? Tons who didn't send a scout to that game? So the Bengals not correct?
Speaker 7: If I'm Paul, Katie, Troy, Elizabeth, Carolyn, Paul H. Whoever at all, and I'm sitting there with Duke Tobin, we're asking the simple question, why haven't you been able to fix this? And why should I trust you to fix something that you haven't up able?
Speaker 1: Doesn't talk at all?
Speaker 7: Right, Oftentimes during a bye week, the personnel person for a professional football team will be available. He's never available. He's available at the scouting combine, which he should be, and they make him available during the mock Turtle Soup thing where everybody asked Mike Brown question questions maybe you and I should go to that, and so, to a degree, I feel bad for Zach Taylor, and trust me, Zach is is not somebody who's absolved of blaming here, but he is the spokesperson for the franchise, and I think to a degree the spokesperson for things is in tears. I'm not sure he's completely responsible.
Speaker 1: For who's more likely to hold a news conference at four o'clock today, Aftab pureval Are, Duke Tobin.
Speaker 7: Well, that's a very good question. I'm gonna say Aftab really yeah, because.
Speaker 1: He's under eight and one plumbers. He's not talking. But after seven people shot yesterday and he's under he's holder.
Speaker 7: And I thought I thought putting the police chief on administrative leave was going to solve that.
Speaker 1: You're making no sense at all.
Speaker 7: Oh, I thought they were gonna put the chief on leave and all the crime was gonna it's acting.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, So you didn't answer my question.
Speaker 7: How many of the people who shot others this weekend were out only low bond all of them, including well, you know the dude who broke into my house, he's on bonders. Anne Hathaway just let him walk, just no bond at all when they arrested that.
Speaker 1: I judge Hathaway did. I helped to get into law school.
Speaker 7: Alie Hachaway just used to work here. Just let him walk when he got arrested. So you know it's a criminal defense attorney. You like to hear this guy? I can, I can certainly, I can certainly speak from experience.
Speaker 1: I talked to the Magic Man about this. You want to get your cases in front of Judge Hathaway and criminal defense lawyers do that. Fortunately, Judge Gearing did hear that.
Speaker 7: Did do the trials for both guys who busted into my house, and he took care of him, and Hathaway not so much. Well that's your friend anyway. You right, no problem with Anne until they're all who busted in my house? I hey here, fine, you want to go home for dinner? Goes God reparative justice not for you, but for the Criminalso.
Speaker 1: Tooba's not going to talk today.
Speaker 7: How about to Tap Pure of All is not going to talk today, and Hathaway's not going to talk today.
Speaker 1: Mike Brown's not going to talk today. Are you talking? I don't know. I've got a lot on my mind. All right. Secondly, I'm glad you brought this up. I could talk about FC who got hammered. I could talk about you see I got hammered. I could talk about Deer Park High school. I got hammered. But when number eighty four yesterday about four point thirty ran into the.
Speaker 7: End zone for the Bear, I didn't even make this connection.
Speaker 1: I make connections you don't. Yes, I thought about Bob Trumpy, your memories of the great Trumpster.
Speaker 7: Godfather, excuse me, godfather of sports talk in this town. The first time I was ever asked to do six to nine on this radio station, I said, Holy hell, I get a chance to fill in on the show that Bob Trumpy hosted created, And as far as I'm concerned, you know is since it's been Chris Collinsworth and Andy Furman and Paul Doherty and Lance McAllister and awesome host Tom Gamble and Tom Gamble, it's still Bob Trumpy Show and always will be, even though he hasn't hosted it on a regular basis in thirty five years. Here's my favorite part of Bob Trumpy. So in two thousand, we got the radio rights back and they were trying to figure out what the coverage was going.
Speaker 1: To be, like, who was gonna do what Mike Brown said? Forgot about Bob Trumpy.
Speaker 7: So we got Trumpy. We hired Bob Trumpy back to do two things. He did a show on Thursdays with Boomerisiasin, and they got Bob to do a segment on the pregame show, the Countdown to Kickoff Show, where he would talk with the other team's head coach. And so at the time, I was working in the morning with Jim and I was told, hey, we need you to record this segment every week with Bob Trumpy. And what's gonna happen is Trump's gonna call you and he's gonna tell you what time he's going to interview the coach of whatever team the Bengals are playing. So the first week, they played the Cleveland Browns and I think Chris Palmer was the head coach. But Bob Trump he calls me. I had never spoken to him. I'd never talked to him, but I was told like, hey, we know you like to mess with people, Mo, you really can't screw around with Bob Trumpy. So Trump calls and he's like, and again I think it was Chris Palmer, but he goes, Chris Palmer is gonna call the studio between one and four thirty on Wednesday, I'll see you there. And then the next week it was like Bill Belichick or somebody. It was like Bill Belichick is gonna call Thursday between two and five, or Jeff Fisher is gonna call us on Wednesday between eleven am and fours like the cableman. So every week, like Judge Hathaway, Monday would call. Bob would call me on Monday and tell me. This was for four years, tell me which coach you know, you knew which coach it was gonna be, Hey, this coach is gonna call. And it was always in this large window. So in Mount Adams we had a studio studio KA, which was like the studio where they took all the really old equipment and you just said, so, Bob and I would sit in this studio for hours on end. He'd be chainsmoking cigarettes I know, and right, I mean the guy I know, you know, and you would tell him like, I'm not sure, okay, fine, I'll keep that in mind. So for four months, every week, usually on Wednesdays, I would sit in a room just like this one, just me and Trump, and it occurred, you know what, this is the greatest ever at.
Speaker 1: What I want to do.
Speaker 7: Maybe it would behoove me to start like talking to this guy and get him to tell stories, and so it became the favorite, My favorite part of my week, sitting in a room for three or four hours waiting for the phone ring, And the best part is when the coach would call. Bob would talk to the coach off the record for twenty minutes, and he would never let me hit record until it was time to record, And so I would listen to Bob Trump, he talked to Bill Cower, Bill Belichick, all these coaches off the record about their teams, about god knows what. He was still doing games for Westwood One on Sunday nights.
Speaker 1: He was still back.
Speaker 7: Was wonderful and it was my favorite part of the week where I would listen to Bob talk to these coaches, the on the record stuff that we recorded. Who cares it was all the stuff they talked about off air. And then in the hours leading up to that, just hanging out with Bob, getting him to tell stories, picking his brain, making fun of him, him, making fun of me, enjoying that laugh that he had, which Chris Collinsworth talked about on TV last night.
Speaker 1: He's just the best. He is just the absolute best. He lived a good life in his long life and he was a great football player. NBC Olympics and also the NFL and also the Masters and more. But thank you for breaking down the fact that Duke Tobin is doing a great job. We need more of this. And thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show.
Speaker 7: And by the way, they should have had the Ring of Honor years ago so Bob could be in while he was alive.
Speaker 1: Same thing, same thing I've said it often give roses to the living spill Cunningham seven hundred ww. Listen.
Speaker 4: One thing that helps me a great deal, and there's no denying this. Working for NBC and doing football games is helps me im miserably. As an example, and I don't mean to drop names, but just to give you an example of what happened to me over the weekend. Last Friday, I talked for forty five minutes with Pete Rose, which will appear on Headfirst. Flew to Los Angeles. As soon as I got to Los Angeles, we got in the car and drove to Oxnard, California, which is where the Los Angeles Raiders work out. I talked with Al Davis for three hours. I talked with Tom Floyes for an hour and a half said Lord to Lyle Alzaio. Chris Barr talked to Jim Plunkett, and I'm not dropping names. I'm just telling you this is the nature of my business. Yeah, this is the nature of my business. Yeah, this is the nature of my business. So you hear opinions from other people. That was Friday. Saturday. I get up, walk down to the Hyatt Regency in downtown Los Angeles. I have a cup of coffee with Don Shula, talk to him for about an hour and a half, shoot the breeze, get out to the ballpark. I spoke with Danny Thomas. He was at the game and had just seen Don Kraik. Can I do a broadcast and shot the breeze with him for a little bit. I talk with Al Lokasal Paul Zimmerman. I saw last weekend of Sports Illustrated. So the people I come in contact with are my biggest source of information. I listen more than I talk. When I travel here, I talk on the air, I talk, but all the rest of the time I do an awful lot of listening.
Speaker 1: Hello, quiet and I'm Scots. I'm broadcasting and by the way, segment I am coming up after two o'clock, your friend Ken Kober of the Police Union responding to your buddy Iris Rowlie and her on tourage. She was like a rock star walking around and an entourage. This sounds like a mess. And segment also before they're finding guns on the side of the road, right, where'd that come from?
Speaker 7: Don't know?
Speaker 1: Guns? Where seven people were shot, and Iris Roli says she has lots of work to do. Iteg before you start, I want to say this also, you said this off the air. Between nineteen eighty four and nineteen ninety nine, it was Jim Scott, then Mike McConnell ten to three right, and then Gary from three to six right, then Trumpy six to nine, slash Collinsworth slash Furman correct, then nine to one, and then nine to midnight was me right, then the truck and Bozo Dale summers until six o'clock in the morning, start all over again for those sixteen years. Not a bad lineup, excellent, And then I went to middays. Then I went to Jim Scott, Mike McConnell, Bill Cunningham, Gary Burbank, still Collinsworth, Trumpy, then Scott Sloan, then the Truck and Bozo also got a bad lineup, would you agree? Correct? Now get into it. Before you get into it, I want to review a little bit what happened Friday, Saturday, Sunday at Are you prepared? Go ahead? Wasn't good? Before you get into it. Yeah, my dear parm Cincinnati. It's nothing about the past, nothing about the futures. Right now we're tramps Cincinnati. Guess who has the game with North Carolina this Saturday on the CW. Don't tell me it's Rocky Boyman Tom Brenneman. I want to talk to Tom. One of my great fans, Tim Meltzner. Yes, who's in delphas close to Anna?
Speaker 7: Anna?
Speaker 6: Over?
Speaker 1: The Rockets played Friday night Deer Park. Sure did so? Like Anna is a woman beat up on the park. I have a clip of the scoreboard sent by this Meltner character, fifty four to fifteen deer Park not on top. Well, you know what, at least they made it, will he? You know? Unlike Cole Raine correct Saturday. Many other teams didn't make it either. The Bearcats Saturday night, I had a lot at landed the Utes ass kicking in Salt Lake City. I was like forty five to fourteen but then I had hope for Sunday. I do with with a minute to go, then we'll talk about that in a moment. Then Sunday night. Yeah, FC goes to Colion of the crew. Correct, and uh, there were twenty shots on goal by both teams in the entire game for nil. And guess what, FC Cincinnati had one shot on goal and that was it. And by the way, yeah, this Delphis character who's sending me this negative information? Metner? If I'm saying that correctly, I'm not sure. I think it's Metner. I want to take pictures if we played basketball against that woman named Anna, what happens there? Seg Now get me into the STUDI report. Please will he the Stuode Reporters approud service of your local temp Star Heating and air conditioning dealers, Temstar quality you could feel in beautiful northern Kentucky cal Johnson Heating and Cooling at eight five nine four seven two sixty fifty one sports. Thank you, Roxy. Let's see Willie. Also, it's that time of the season, what is it right around corner of the holidays are coming up Thanksgiving and you need to get on the wist Tree program celebrating forty one years forty one. Uh, though, if you want a tree to help out your community, let's get it done. Five one three eight five two eighteen ninety five. Get it done five one three eight five two eighteen ninety five, or or email the Wiz Tree program the Wish the wis Tree program at gmail, gmail dot com. Segment can help out to help out others. On the Bengals, I put on my ex account and uh a certain picture which you can see right here. They have three Bengals surrounding one guy. That is mister Colston Leonard, the rookie Bob Trump. He's number eighty four. What were the odds of those three guys in that pick right there not tackling. All they had to do was knock him down at the game right They can't do it? No, they bounced off of him like a rubber ball, and then mister Leonard ran ran into for the touchdown with seventeen seconds to go to crush Bengals Nation Tony second week in a row that the defensive team has been banished from the locker room. They're gonna dress for the next two weeks. Visiting reports are that the I guess the media tried to talk to various defensive players yesterday. They laughed and said we'll see you Monday, and walked out. How about Ivy lines up on a field goal attempt by the Bears offside? Thank you? He misses the field goal, they get five yards, Bears go down and score seven. What about Ivy? The defensive team is laughing at their performance. Do you think there's a cultural problem inside that locker room? Zach zach Schula? How bad is it? Something's wrong? Willy because of another excruciating loss. Say that the Bengals have allowed twenty seven or more points in eight consecutive games. They missed fifteen tackles yesterday for additional one hundred and thirty three yards. Last three weeks, they've allowed one hundred and nineteen points and nearly fifteen hundred yards. They're the doors they're going to. They're going into the bye week, then, Pittsburgh. Let's see more tonight on Bengals line. Let's hear it all, six oh five, get it done. The Bengals are still asking for a first round pick in any deal deal for Trey Hendrix saf he can't play. The tray deadline is tomorrow at four o'clo can't play well. I don't know what to tight. You should we trade Joe Burrow but he can't play either. He's hurt. I'm sorry, I can't play. Let's see soccer. Columbus Routes FC Cincinnati four nil. What did I say to you on Friday? On Monday afternoon? Yeah, we're gonna sit here. Right, You've got deer Park against uh Anna, the Rockets, got the bear Cats against the Utes. Yes, we've got the Bengalleys against the Bears. Right, we have FC against the Crew. Yep, let's go two out of four, maybe three out of four? What happened?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: For four? Who played worse? Deer Park High School, the Bearcats, the Bengals or FC, all of them? Decisive? Game three is Saturday night, six o'clock at TQL Stadium. Good luck, that's uh you know, had no shots on FC. If you can't shoot at the goal, you can't score, right, uh so one and the other team had nineteen shots on goal and made four. College basketball opens up tonight, Bearcats against Western Carolina six thirty seven under WLW Mariston Xavior centas center six forty five fifty five KRC. Here we go NKU and UC Claremont six thirty on the project. Did you like Irish Rollie and her entourage? I did not see her. It was like a rock star. She wanted to meet you. No, she didn't. Old Dominion up against the Miami RedHawks, Canisius and Dayton, Ohio State, and IU Indianapolis. Franklin meets Wright State in Louisville takes on South Carolina State. Seke up against the clock. Please give me out of the students report, and I want to let the American people know now at one o seven, I'm sorry two oh seven and today Ken Kober, the sergeant of CPD, responds to Irish Rowlie, whoa by the way, she wants to do a podcast with me. Will you and I have a beautiful day here at the Tri State and just somebody went around here? Will you we leave you with the immortal words of the Stooge report?
Speaker 4: Nope?
Speaker 1: Comments is that Duke Tobin he's not talking. No, nobody is an unnamed Bengal official right there. Well, do you think they owe us an explanation for the team they put together on defense and need to do something? No comments? Oh okay, Well they're they're not talking us to pr director for the Bengals, Sea wouldn't want to be on seven hundred w W more of the Bengals debacle and Sports Park the first of all, for those who named a listening, it will be on the on the podcast quite soon. My interview with Iris Rowley, who's the shall we say a collaborator. My first question of her was, how can you collaborate with a part of the collaborative, which is the Cincinnati Police a thousand members strong, when the police union believes that you're wrongfully interfering with the rest on the street and that's somehow they don't want to collaborate with you. In fact, they've had to vote of no confidence or something of that character. Joining you and I now is Ken Kober, who's the president of Queen City Lodge sixty nine, which is the police union in the city of Cincinnati, about nine hundred and fifty members strong. And Ken Kober a sergeant. Welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. Can you answer the question about whether or not Irish Rowley, in her official capacity, interfered with an arrest and then what came of that, if anything?
Speaker 10: Actually she did twice, you know those videos, of course got out on social media about that officers are frustrated.
Speaker 1: They're frustrated that it was going on.
Speaker 10: And I had a conversation with Iris and explain to her that you're lucky you didn't get arrested, and you will likely come across the wrong officers or the right officers that are going to make that decision, and it would likely be bad for you. So luckily, it seems like she is quieted down. Obviously, I haven't got any reports of her interfering with officers lately, which is good and.
Speaker 1: That's not her job. But nonetheless, also coming from that, she said, the media reported that after Purival, who right now this Monday afternoon is hunting out somewhere under a cavern under eight oh one Plum Street until tomorrow night, that he was going to speak to her, give her a talking to about what should do and what not do, and she kind of denied that occurred too. Is that you're understanding the mayor or the city manager's share a long spoke to her about interfering with police arrest Is that your understanding?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean I talked to the city manager directly, and she said that she would be having a conversation with Iris explain to the city manager that if that happens again, the next officer is likely going to arrest her, and the city manager indicated that she understood and that she would be having a conversation with her to correct this baby and.
Speaker 1: Iris really would not confirm that took place, nor confirm whether or not she was told what not to do. How did you feel about a week or two ago when she was given a contract extension I think it was three years, about three hundred and fifty thousand dollars to consult with the city. How did that make you feel. We know the city waste money, unfortunately on a lot of things.
Speaker 10: As far as I'm concerned, as long as she stays out of the operations of the police, I don't care what they I don't care what they pay her for, and I don't care what she does as long as she's not out interfering with officers.
Speaker 1: In fact, I told her off there. Look, if somebody offers you or me or ken Kober one hundred and ten thousand dollars a year to do no work, no show up job, simply to every now and then go to government Square, most of us would take the job anyway, not a bad gig. As far as the central point, Ken Kober step it back from this, and I made the point to her that there's numerous police agencies just in Hamilton County. I think there's fifteen or eighteen something like that, Sharonville, Madeira, Green Township, fair Factor. There's lots of police agencies. None of them have a collaborative and none of them have someone like Irish Roly keeping an eye on the cops. None of them have federal court supervision. And so I asked her, is something unique about Cincinnati cops that have had black police chiefs, black captains, black city managers, black mayor that somehow in the city of Cincinnati, the cops in Cincinnati are more racist than cops everywhere else in Hamilton County, much less the dry state. And she set off paraphrase, Well, they need supervision too, they need help. Is that you're understanding, you've been there twenty five or thirty years that Cincinnati police have a racial bias or prejudice against black people.
Speaker 10: No, they absolutely did not, and it's been time and time again that they don't. And you know, you understand that this collaborative agreement This is all now voluntary. The city doesn't have to abide by it. There's no court order, there's nothing. They just continue to go by what they've gone for you know, the last twenty four years.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 1: For those listening around the nation, what does the collaborative specifically do that the loss of an Irish really would hurt. What does it actually do for the men and women in blue in the city of Cincinnati.
Speaker 5: I don't think it does anything really to help.
Speaker 10: In fact, you know, there is a belief out there that the Collaborative agreement could be holding back the police department from progressing further. I'm not saying that it's a bad idea necessarily to have it, but I certainly think that there should be opportunity for it to be tweaked.
Speaker 1: But you know, it's all about community policing.
Speaker 10: Which we've done anyway. You know, a good beat officer knows everybody on their beat. That is community policing in its rawlest form. So you know, something that we're just volunteering to abide by, it doesn't It doesn't make a whole lot of sense. But I also really could care less.
Speaker 1: Are you saying the city would be better off without the collaborative.
Speaker 10: I think they should look at how it can be tweaked to progress this police officer, this police department further.
Speaker 1: That is what I think.
Speaker 5: Do I care if it doesn't matter like so, we followed this for twenty four years now.
Speaker 10: No, they do it voluntarily, but I certainly think there would be an opportunity to see if we could progress this police department further.
Speaker 1: About a month or two ago, when she interfered with the first or second arrest, which by the way, is a crime, and if a normal citizen had done exactly the factual acts of virus rely they would have been charged without question. But because at one point she said, do you know who I am? Do you know who I am? Didn't she say that in one of the obstruction of justice events? Absolutely? What did the officer say when she said you know who I am? I am went to the officer of the female cop, do so, I'm well aware of who you are? Because and then she had to be careful. The message was you got to be careful, careful because this is iris Roley. You got to be careful. And you might recall when that happened and the FOP did you issue on the fop's part. Was it a condemnation, was it a reprimand was it a suggestion she'd be fired? What action did the FOP take against Iris Roley.
Speaker 10: I actually filed a complaint with Central HR, which I was then told that, well, we're not even going to investigate this because she's not an employee, although there are part of the administrative regulations that say if you are a contractor, you have to abide by the same rules that a city employee does, and they just they refused even investigated.
Speaker 1: So they said we're not going to so politically that the city knew not to investigate Irish Rowley. Is that fair to say? Absolutely?
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: One of the events that happened and after you and the police said we can't have this, is that there was some question whether the contract was going to be renewed, and so Iris Rowley called out the Blackfist and other so called left wing civil rights groups to protest on the steps of city Hall, to send a message to the mayor and to share along. You know what this has got a downside was that an implicit threat by the Blackfist that there'd be difficulties in the city unless they renewed her contract.
Speaker 5: I think one could certainly believe that that absolutely was the case.
Speaker 1: As far as moving forward, I understand that you may be leaving in a year or two and you're either going to age out or retire out to say I can't do it anymore is the city and you've been there for twenty five or thirty years since the collaborative began. I think, like in twenty oh two or something like that. How much more professional is CPD today than it was twenty five or thirty years ago.
Speaker 10: Oh, I think the police department has grown a lot. There's been a lot of positive changes that have been made. Like I said, I'm not saying that that this is a bad thing, but I do think that it could be holding the police department back. But yeah, I mean, there's no doubt that we continue to progress as a police department constantly. You know, it's a different department even from five years ago, and that's because of the work of the people that are there. The cops are absolutely fantastic, but if you always have to be trying to become a better police officer and a better police department.
Speaker 1: Was the thiji I called her discharge the odds era coming back. It's about the same odds of segment Dennis and dunkin of basketball on a ten foot high court ain't gonna happen. She's gone. Russin. One of the officers involved with Thiji told me that Irish really told them that the chief of police should not be fired. And is that you're understanding that the Thiji is not coming back and that it appears that her days are numbered. I was told by a little birdie when she was in Denver her days are in single digits. She's not going to make it. And that's enraged a whole bunch of people. So is there a sense that if Henny's involved, what are your feelings about Captain Adam Henny, who's now the arm Chief being the chief of police going forward.
Speaker 10: Well, I can tell you, first of all, it would not surprise me if she doesn't come back, and quite honestly, after the way she's been treated, I wouldn't want to come back if I was her, I would want to get whatever severance I can get and just go away and go and enjoy my retirement because it's absolutely just shameful the way she was treated. Now, going to Colonel Henney, I actually worked for him in the Central Business section. He is an absolute fantastic leader, you know. But it all comes down to is city Hall going to allow him to do the things that he needs to do to get this police department where it needs to be. And that's that's what's you have to be seen, you know. But you could say the same thing for Chief Fiji. If she was allowed to run the apartment the way she saw fit and not be influenced by city Hall, I think we probably would have a different police department.
Speaker 1: So we'll see moving forward how it works out with Colonel Henney. A little Bertie told me that the line officers who investigated the matters of July twenty sixth, especially about Alex Shrevinsky. A Bertie told me that the line officers who did the investigation did not want to file criminal charges. And in fact I was also told that Thiji as the chief, would not sign on the dotted line that the officer believed that a crime was committed by Alex Servinsky against the future criminal defendants. Is it true to the best year knowledge that Captain Henny, now the interim chief, is the one who signed the charges against Alex Shrevinsky as the innocent white person charged. Is that your understanding?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was.
Speaker 5: Ordered by the city solicitor to city solicitor to sign the charges.
Speaker 1: Did Emily smart Warner, who's the city solicitor, to your knowledge, did she do any factual investigation at all to form the basis of filling criminal charges against an innocent person? Did she actually personally do any investigation? Not that I'm aware of, but the line officers said, don't do it. So when we had the city leaders lemon Kearney and others stand up and say we want a white person to be charged, did the city council members and the so called civil rights community at that point know that the charges were false because the three CDC tape showed that the first person that threw the first punch was a black male who hit Alex t in the back of the head twice. Did the city fathers and mothers know that when they demanded the city charges be filed against Stravinsky they alleged white guy.
Speaker 10: There was certain video that they refused to watch, which would have been that video that showed what actually occurred.
Speaker 5: And you know, it wasn't just the officers that said we shouldn't sign these charges.
Speaker 10: This went to the prosecutor's office and they said, you're right, don't sign these charges. Somehow, then city hall gets involved and they ordered to sign have them signed charges.
Speaker 1: When you say the prosecutor's office, you mean Connie Pillag.
Speaker 5: The city and county prosecutor's office.
Speaker 1: So Connie Pillage, how many county prosecutor said, no, we're not going to charge this guy because of the color of his skin. We're going to charge based upon merit and based upon the facts. So Connie Pillag, how many county prosecutor, the city solicitor, the city prosecutor's office, not the solicitor. The city prosecutor said, don't do it. The line officer said, don't do it. Thiji said don't do it. But then the city solicitor, Emily smart Warner got involved and said, file criminal charges against a person because of the color of their skin, even though the facts don't indicate it. Is that accurate? If those are the facts as I knowed them, right then, lastly, I spoke to an official and the Department of Justice who said this amount being investigated as a civil rights violation. So those involved in this decision proudly stood up like a tenfold beacon in the night and said, bring in the cameras, bring in the microphones. As the city leaders, we're going to state we want a white person charged with a crime. And it happened. And when you live in a city or a state or anywhere in America and civil authorities say we want a person charged because of the color of their skin, how wrong is that?
Speaker 5: That's absolutely wrong. Anytime you have politics that are meddling and policing, you know we have this. We have bad decisions that are made not off of fact, but off of feeling, off of what are ever political motivation.
Speaker 1: It's absolutely wrong. And lastly, Ken Kober, Chief, I'm sorry the head of the union. I'll put another log on the fire. Last week I had on attorney Doug Brannon, who the attorney for Alex Stravinsky, and the discovery given to him by the city Prosecutor's office. They did not include the three c DC tape that showed Alex t did not start the fight. They did not put that in there. He said. The first time I saw it was last night on Fox nineteen, and I said, well, obviously the charges will be dismissed at some point soon he said, I'm sure what's going to happen after the election. We're going to get the tape from three c DC that showed Alex t did not originate anything. He was a victim from the get go. How does that make you feel when the US Department of Justice is looking at criminal charges against the mayor, the vice mayor and others including Emily Smart and Warner and I guess chief of police now Henny are being looked at criminally by the US Department of Justice for filing criminal charges against the person because of the color of their skin.
Speaker 10: Well, you know, somebody's got to investigate this to determine if any laws had been broken.
Speaker 1: You know, that's all part of this process. Yes, I certainly welcome this. Isn't it a crime if a city or state official says, in the color of state law, under color of law, we're going to file charges against somebody because they're white or black, right? I think I think they're going to have some problems.
Speaker 5: You're absolutely right, all right?
Speaker 1: Once again, Ken Cober, I wanted you respond to what Alice Iris really talked about and segment. Dennison has been close to Iris really for a long time, and so I think it's great that we get her on a get her viewpoint heard and Ken Cobra once again, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. Thank you again. Sure, thanks for having me. God bless you. Let's continue with more. You know, democrats in the South for years and decades would file criminal charges against people because of the color of their skin black. Here we are half a century later now city state officials, including Cecil Thomas state representative, once criminal charges filed against somebody because of the color of their skin white. Cunningham News Radio seven hundreds.
Speaker 11: You better make up your mind what you're gonna do. It's your football team. Find a way to fix it. Rache down inside and be a pro.
Speaker 1: Hello, by it, I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 11: You better make up your mind what you're gonna do. It's your football team. Find a way to fix it. Rag down inside and be a pro.
Speaker 1: Was that Zach Shula after the game? Because Marvin Lewis to say he's coming back. Lewis is coming back, that's what they're saying here right, Well, we need something. How about John Gruden? When Mike Brown pop up? Mike Brown, how are someone good to come in? That's stupid. The coach. The head coach is not the issue. Is your guy the person who sacks? Then how about Duke Tobin? What about him? Twenty five years? They have a special original pancake, Yes, the samar Stewart special extra special pancake. That's one. I can't understand him to have a body like a Greek god like he does and have come out of two straight games with no tackles none. Yes, Dave, he's hot. Break it down? What do we got here? Breaking it up? Not the super Bowl? We're not talking about Derrick Park losing a woman name. I mean the Bengal defensively in particular. You got a few trades here. You can start benching starters just to send a message in the well, can they can it be that much worse?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 4: You can?
Speaker 1: You know you can start doing that, Maybe start bringing in some free agents. Maybe you find a diamond in the rough. But this is clearly the thing about next year. You can maybe start firing coaches. You can look at trades, but who are you going to trade in order to get something? You got to give something. Gimpy leg defensive end in his thirties who once thirty one years old and he hasn't played in two games, So what are you gonna get for him? First round draft pick? No, they want to first round about Logan Will you might get a fourth the third. They're not trading him. He's too valuable. Look what he's done this year already. When he's on the field. He's not on the field now, on the field like Joe is what everyone was saying when you know, when all the contract stuff was going, like, you're on the kind on the wrong side of thirty. Do you want to hey that guy? Did you get here? We are on draft choice for no? Of course Duke two want to screw that up anyway? Who's feeling real good? The last thing we need, the last thing we need is more draft picks. We don't draft well, give it to Duke more less draft picks. What do we need then? Guys that can play football in the national Where's and Romo?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 1: Where's your lou and them? Fired? When I did not riding high with uh with the Colts. You're not breaking it down, Rock, I need to know what I just gave you. The four options a week from some starters, bringing free agents, fire coaches, or trade. How about selling the team? I'm sorry, moving to Vancouver. This is a mom and pop operation worth billions. They have no clue what they're doing. Duke Tobin twenty five years? Is that possible? This guy been there twenty five years, enjoys a brandy with Mikey boy every now and then. That's about it. It's not gonna it's not gonna change. Before we go to the segment number one, Friday Night, Deer Park versus Anna Sannah. Some woman named Anna beat him. Fifty five Rocket team rockets down the park. Where were they from? Anna, that's the name of the team. Where they from? I don't know?
Speaker 4: Up?
Speaker 1: Anna? Ohio? Fool, don't even by Minster? Okay, got you? Okay, that's up. This is the first round playoffs. Dear Park goes down hard. Then Saturday afternoon the little rock playing for the super Bowl. He goes down hard and we lost against Central twenty six East Central Black. Look that they had a better team than us. They they played well, they got a look, they got a great super coaches head coach. That fit's a guy named Steve Norton. About your roll who took the blame of it, Well, I'm trying to tell you, I'm trying to get to this defensive coordinator and that you get to it, do a little bit of everything. But nonetheless, Steve Nolner a great guy, great football coach. He's an older guy, which made you probably want to you probably want to jump on that bandwagon tomorrow. But uh, he said, you didn't give me. They played twenty twenty to six, twenty to six. That was a disaster. And Saturday night the bear Cats the boar Cats, according to Andy Mack, the Utes in the land of the Utes. What's it like? Forty eight to fourteen, forty five? Mc hammer, get him ready. Then then Sunday afternoon at the Bacle at pay Court. That the Bacle. You should have seen your friends.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: They were five hundred and seventy four yards of offense. Is after the Bears. I mean I didn't say the eighty five Bears. I just said the Bears. These are different thes are the Midway the monsters of the Midway. Yeah. And then Sunday night you had FC and the Crew. There were twenty shots on goal by both teams total, how many were by FC one they go in the net four nil, four nil, one to one. Saturday Night Game three, that's where we're deer park down, Little Rock down, Rock down, both little rocks down the middle rock went down to roll down A Saturday night ute land terrible Sunday afternoon the Bengals embarrassed themselves once again. Then to top it all off, Sunday night FC nothing and they get hammer. They're gonna lose this this weekend, I guess. And they're done. So do you have any hope? Absolutely none? Say give me some sports? Will he the Stoot Reporters sprout service, every local tame Star heating and air condisiting dealers, Tamestar quality you can feel in beautiful Southeastern Indiana called Joe X died at X nine Heating and Gooli at eight one two nine three two twenty twenty six. I want a first round draft courts for a gimpy leg at thirty one year old. They can't play drunk. It's the thing. There's there's no one else to to trade. What about the second string? Get them in this and I have this picture. That's what you do. Maybe you just start bringing in guys and maybe it's just going to set an example standpoint. You say, look, if you're gonna give that kind of effort and tackle that poorly. We're just bringing someone else at least motivate them to some I put this on myunt. What are the odds of those three guys not making that tackle in that position? Seem to be triangulated? And number eighty four Bob Trump's number on what's the deal with the tackling rock? I mean you you've been tackling. You've been tackling since you were what three years old? Yes? I mean why do they always go to the Why did they go for the upper body? Hit the legs? They go high, they don't put their head across wrap them. They don't when I played football for Gordon Vetterino. Wrap them up tight and you don't let go. At some point they're going to go down they want. They bounced off that Leonard guy like he was. I could talk about this for for a long time, but I mean, first of all, it's hard to get good at anything that you really can't practice. You can't practice tackling in season. Now, there's things you can do. I don't know if they're doing them or not. There's some things you can do. You can have collisions. You got to have some sort of collisions, right, to have it, because that's a kind of a pretty big part of tackling. Would you not agree the collisions, but you can do things to minimize the collision and make it over a smaller degree of space, But you got to do it usually to some degree. Tackling you kind of can do it or you can't, you know. I mean, these three players had them surrounded. I will say I will say this too. In my opinion, some of the issue is with so many young guys playing. Part of tackling is knowing where you're supposed to be and have confidence in that, and also knowing where your help is. Right. So, if you're a young guy and you kind of don't know and boom play happens, and god, am I supposed to be in the A gap? And if so, who's in the beat? And you don't know that, that will cause you to mistack. I have no idea what you're saying. Trying to lay it out. I want you to break it down at some point.
Speaker 10: It down.
Speaker 1: What about Gordon, your buddy from UH game? What about you forget how to coach defense? They've given up three hundred points so far in nine games, an all time bad record. There's that fall on the players are him. Would you say we're getting out schemed? Yes, because we're getting out schemed, then you could make that case. What about selecting they were getting out schemed. I think we're just not making place player I than anything I'm saying. If I'm the sep for ever, if I'm the chef preparing the food, I want to buy the groceries. Who's buying the groceries? Otob been there twenty five years. You can't find them with a search warrant. Right now, go ahead? The bye week is under way. Willie and Bengals. Bengals line the five. I'm talking about Gordon Veterino in the Greatest Saint Savior. There is one great thing about Saint X this past week, just one one? What dom ellis?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: How about this? I did say twenty twenty five Ohio Athletic Association Division one state cross country. Yeah, fifteen minutes and seven seconds. You want them on? Yes, you go across country? Champ. Bring him in college. He's gonna have a future in his life. I'm like college basketball to I Bearcats in Western Carolina at six thirty? Do you like that matchup? Rock and I don't care parriston Xavier. How about that forty fifty five XAVIORA and K. And you see Claremont at six thirty on the project like the Claremont. What is it? What does it say? You see Claremont? Haven't they won the national title? We had men here once or twice? I think in uh Volleyball seven, you see Claremont go ahead, an old dominion. In the Miama RedHawks can't wait? Canisius and Dayton Franklin up against Wright State free agent free agent Reds, free agent Reds?
Speaker 2: What the guy?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 1: How about one point three billion? The Dodgers spending four pitchers one point work and it worked? Yes, it worked? Is it worth one point three billion? Tony Bender says yes. Key Brian Hayes gets his second gold glow of can he hit? Uh, Nick Martinez, Emilio Pagan, Zach Lttel, Wayne Wade, Miley, Ian Jibou, Miguel Andrew Harr and Santiago Espinal all free agents. Let them all go. I don't need any of them hit. Can they hit? We need guys that can hit, Guys that can hit the base the best of all time. And the announcer said, when was the last time my ball got stuck in the wall. Well, Fredo hit the ball on the wall in the right right, I said, hey, Fredo, Cincinnati all comes back to Cincinnatis. Everything in the world comes back to Cincinnati. Do you have any hope, Rock, Do you have any hope? They don't play for about two weeks, then they got the bad part of the schedule starts.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now we're gonna play like Pittsburgh and then you got to play Buffalo. Then you gotta play. I gave you the four options of what they.
Speaker 9: Like.
Speaker 1: What are the options? You're looking at his notes? There were no. I'm looking about the on CNN. But I mean I'm saying they got I think they got Baltimore with like within twice, within two or four weeks. Aga, I believe it's Baltimore. Someone Baltimore. They got here. Yeah, they there in Thanksgiving. Unbelievable. Andy back, They're gonna they're gonna get rid of that game. Yes it is. It's Buffalo sandwiched in there between two Ravens kicking the crap out of the Chiefs just for fun. Lamar is back and he's got an attitude. It's so scored that the final final too much time. I said, don't mine, don't do it. Pull a team. Boom boom cos the tight end four hundred and seventy yards fifty four yards not good. At recovery no good. Block and field goal no good. All I can take two runs, kickoff back ninety nine yards no good. Two receivers over one hundred yards. You can say, I mean literally, did everything else that you could do to keep your team in the game and win. And now they thought they were going to lose, didn't you? At the end there I thought was somehow it was going to be. If they tackled him, they might not have time to kick a field flacker like first game I think with over four yards of offense in his career, he said, first time for yards passing it in my career he has like his arms like hanging off his body, and he still goes out and does that with a bunch of guys he's known for about a week and a half. Not good enough? How's that possible? Only in Cincinnatis as possible? What was worse? The Little Rock in the Super Bowl, Matt Deer Park at Anna, the Rock in the Super Bowl, bear Cats at Utah Bears in one of those things and the crews just line up that disaster would have held of teams would have would one. But they wasn't even close. The Bengals, who knew they were going to lose. I said, if you can leave any time on the clock. Tim Higgins was brilliant against Pittsburgh to go down and take the dive right, brilliant. Otherwise, if he scored that quick touchdown against It's Park, they would have gone back and scored and they would have lost that one too. They're three and six, giving up three hundred points, the worst performance of any defense this side of the imagine no line in World War One when the French didn't know what the hell they were doing. Doo any hope, Rock, I need it. Got to break it down to some point. You got the.
Speaker 6: I mean that's embarrassing. I mean, you don't ever want to put that many points up. You know that the teams have scored that much, or left teams rush for that much whatever, you know. I mean I played on some really good defenses before, so I know what it takes to be a good defense. I know what it's like to be on a good defense. So yeah, I mean it is embarrassing, but.
Speaker 1: Left the room yesterday. They were laughing at the job when you were with the Colts to No, we just how about Ivy by the way, And it wasn't that. It wasn't Derrick Henry that rushed for you know, a billion yards. It wasn't Bruce Saw. It was some guy named mona guy who career one hundred and seventy six yards, and a guy named Britton Brown who has pulled off the practice squad. In essence, he's their fourth or fifth running back and he had dominated five for thirty seven as the offensive team banned the defensive team from the locker room, Tony pokers start getting real ugly inside. How about the Ivy character off sides lining up? They missed the field goal and then they go down and score a touchdown. That's seven points Ivy and he's laughing and snickering. He's snickering. Wrap up Joe's Burrow's toe and get let's go. What Joe's got the toe he's got? Does Jamar Chase wanted Joe Burt to come back because he throws in the ball like every time Flacco does. Does he want does he want Bird to come back?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: And this environment, saying why play you can't win? No, I'm saying, does Jamar Chase want no Joe Bert to come back? He's preaty good? Yeah to targets has like fifteen to twenty targets a game that's also not good. I don't know what to tell you. How about Trey Henderson gaining traveling for a bag of football? So what about that? To be here after fourth game?
Speaker 9: I stopped doing hopes and all that stuff a long time ago. It's you are where your feet are, and you know where your feet will be. Blessed to be where I am right now. You know bottom of the national football you know first to last, you know it's it's it's a there's a limited amount of spots here and this is an incredible blessing. You know, sick for the fans and sick for the people that you need to come and watch us, and me too. It's tough games, but again, like moving forward, I think we'll make the corrections we need to and get back in the one call.
Speaker 1: Don't want to compliment Mike Brown. Is he incentive ized to like come back to this mess? Does he think he's not? Why would you rehab Borrow or Hendredson or any of them. Another four and ten. What do you do if you're Joe Burrow and coming back unless you're worried about Flacco? Like being here and Flacco will be here next year. I'd sign him as a backup. We know if he can throw football? Absolutely I hate it. He's playing better than Joe Burrow. Can I say that Rock? Can't? I can't say Rock? Break it down? At some point say give me out of the student's report. By the way, you have you have a bowman coming up. But yeah, Corey Bone right at at gate three o'clock. Where's the mayor? He's in a bunker under eighto one Plump Street. SEG, please continue, Will we say happy seventy second anniversary today? On this date in nineteen fifty one? Who was president at the Montgomery Inn opened its door today? Today? Wow? Seventy one, seventy years, seventy two years in business? And who was president? Tell him? Who is president? Nineteen fifty? Tell him I'm done with the president stuff. No, the was still Truman. Did you go to Coleraine? Did you go to Coleraine? I had not? Seg, thank you, good luck for the rottle Rock, Thank you he's done. We leave you with the immortal words of the stud Report no comments. I got a Troy Blackburn can't say on seven hundred w auto