Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on A five seventy l A Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio while it's.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 3: No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros papada Gas terrible person, He's the worst and Matt money Smith the pipes, the pie.
Speaker 3: Don't miss an episode.
Speaker 2: We're with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow the petros In Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadacus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: And you'll feel Micke, you asked for too much? What you want? What you want?
Speaker 2: Yea trus money. I am five seventy l A Sports. We are live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app your home with the back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers. We still have our tickets, our first pair of tickets to inside the locker Room with Miguel Rojas on Well.
Speaker 3: Why don't you do it?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 3: Matt skin that smoke wagon.
Speaker 2: If you got it eight six, six, nine eighteen, Wen'll be waiting for two five seventy uh caller ten, eight, six, six, nine, eight seven, two, five seventy. You are our first group of listeners, two of you that will be inside the locker room with us for our inside the locker Room with Miguel Rojas this Friday four to five pm. We'll have a pair of tickets Tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday and inside the locker room will be this Friday with Miguel Rojas.
Speaker 3: And you better behave when you're here. We can't have the one one listener that we gave tickets to, you know, throw up on the chef Marito, Ladies head.
Speaker 2: True Lauren, why's Lauren here? Dave Lees, I don't know.
Speaker 3: A ha, don't forget to podcast the show. Follow us on all social media platforms Instagram, x at, Betters and money. Uh it is there, and the playlist is there that Ronnie puts up Ronnie's back. Everything is here. It is now time brought to you by Concording University's Masters in Coaching Program in Irvine. If you're a coach, this is where you're gonna want to be so you can learn more subtle techniques of coaching and administration. Give them a call at CUI dot edu. Slash coach Internet fall. Yeah, you know it is Internet and uh CUI dot edu, slash coaching, and now it's time for fun on fact. Yeah, we're three fun fact.
Speaker 2: The gas station. I used to work at a gas station, and you know that's noble work was invented in nineteen oh seven and the first one ever in Seattle, Washington. Head of sales for Standard Oil Company in Washington had the idea to build a pipe that connected a thirty gallon tank able to service individuals to the main storage tank on site as a distribution metro method for their petroleum. So Seattle, nineteen oh seven. I used to work at a guest.
Speaker 3: That's where Sam Donald was gonna go if it didn't work out this year playing football. Work at a guesting in Seattle exactly because that's one of the first places. Time for quick kets. Everybody come to the ms, quick hits, Come make it quick, y'all. Yeah, Super Bowl sixty is set between the Seahawks and Patriots. Must to much of the chagrin of some uh and much of the chagrin of some, Sam Donald continues his career turn around seven Minute Jupiter on his job, USC has had six number one draft picks the NFL Draft more than any other school. This is the second all time with five hundred and thirty three total picks in the draft for USC.
Speaker 2: Seems like you get hired at USC and you got a pretty good base to work from, You know, like things should probably be pretty successful year in and year out. With the history of number one overall picks, six of them and five hundred and thirty three NFL players.
Speaker 3: Leadership has corroded matt and the sewage system underneath our beautiful town is rotten.
Speaker 4: To fight all.
Speaker 3: He'll be the first ever USC quarterback to start in a Super Bowl. Falconer Bethard, though, did clean up in Super Bowl One. Last segment number if you missed to go back in content, Matthew Stafford had an MVP season apparently according to this, but was it his last season. The thirty seven year old is under contract through next year. After of the lost yesterday in Seattle that they thought he was Kershaw like and did not want to talk about the future, Chargers made it official today with the announcement of Mike McDaniel as their new offensive coordinator. Will be out there tomorrow for his introduction and press conference. If I didn't go. I'd feel responsible for upsetting Matt Smith, you know, like not taking a kid to the concert he wants to go to. I won't wear a McDaniel T shirt or anything like a Taylor Swift T shirt to a push back because of the mosquitos that did. You're like, I have a boy, I have. I have gone the long way everywhere I need to go, to a drive and around Nelsegona. Now to show up, I went to the I went to the airport and went all the way around. Cavid went underwater. I came in from the marina. The Chargers and defensive tackle Tier tart Dog agreed to a three year contact extension worth up to thirty seven and a half million, with twenty million guaranteed. Asking what kind of taste left in his mouth, sir said little tart Tier.
Speaker 2: Of course. The week the opening week open hand slap of Travis Kelce down there in Brazil. Who can forget, I believe is why that number was twenty million and that nineteen who's an extra million for the open hands?
Speaker 3: Oh, I thought they'd give him eighty seven million, like kind of like a Kobe, you know, like Jimmy Buss on the Rambi.
Speaker 2: You're gonna get twenty four and you're going to get eight.
Speaker 3: Do you get it? Former Charger quarterback Philip Rivers is out of the Buffalo Bills coach back to high school, he said Michaels. He interviewed for the job on Friday, but has decided he will wait to be a head coach in the NFL because he wants to find a better quarterback to coach than Josh Allen. He's forty four, returns to coach high.
Speaker 2: School his son Gunner as a senior and will probably be the number one quarterback recruit in the nation. Number one, number one.
Speaker 3: Who's number one?
Speaker 4: Me?
Speaker 2: Gunner?
Speaker 3: Rivers? Yes, that's who the Alabama quarterback?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: Really, you're number one? Gunner. Cleveland Browns quarterback Shador Sanders is on the Pro Bowl roster.
Speaker 2: Why because he in what world does that make any sense?
Speaker 3: Through ten picks in seven games, that's how and seven tds in fourteen hundred yards. He replaces Drake May who is not gay, but there's a lot of people that are. The Browns went three and four during the Shadour era. Remember, the Pro Bowl is not a game anymore.
Speaker 2: I believe Shadoor literally has like the thirty fourth ranked quarterback rating. Well, I've always said the quarterback ranking doesn't mean anything. It doesn't mean anything.
Speaker 3: So look at this. That should tell you Chadour samd Yes, come watch Shadoor play flag football. Okay, you know, since it's kind of like an unsanctioned game, you could finally get Francis frank coor out there and you could have Shadur to frank cohor and that.
Speaker 2: Would be So that's what we were looking for.
Speaker 3: The Lakers are twenty seven and seventeen and there on the Grammy road Trip. It's in Chicago where they're taking on the Chicago Bulls. I'm coming, Elizabeth.
Speaker 2: Corrections and retractions. Shador's quarterback rating was ranked forty ninth in the NFL this past season.
Speaker 3: Must not mean much, though. The Western Conference Player of the Week was Luca d after his three thirty point games last week, including a triple double versus House Nuggets. But the Clippers, Matt are in flames? What are they hot? The NBA? If Buster Poindexter was still alive, he would be doing a show into it, doing a conga line of.
Speaker 2: Hot, hot, hot, hot, damn hot damn hot, damn.
Speaker 3: They're fifteen to three in their last eighteen games, and that guy's gonna have to eat his tweet. The Clippers are in Utah to night Tomorrow night. Take it on the jet tomorrow Utah. The Dodgers and pitchers and the catchers and the people will report.
Speaker 2: David Vase Shaddy wanted to hang out with his cousins before he was shipped off to spring. It's the last time I'm gonna see him before they ship me off. The spring train.
Speaker 3: Reminds me of the picture of the sailor kissing the lady in San Diego.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had to go. How dare you make fun of me? It's the last time I'm going to see my cousins before I go to spring. Anchors away my friends at thirteen Yes, camel Back Ranch. First spring training game on AMPHI seventies, Saturday, February twenty first pretty awesome. No skin off our nose. We won't be here.
Speaker 3: Uh you know it's Saturday, right. Team Hapon kate Fiva Hapon Japan announced their roster for the upcoming WBC.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it was going to be playing at the WBC for Teams pain.
Speaker 3: While they're on the roster playing pitching. Eh, who's to say? And we talked to Dave Roberts about it last week because man, I can get those kind of interviews. What we did show Hey Otani, uh huh, Yoshi Yamamoto, uh huh. We're selected and we'll play. I don't know if I let Otani pitch or not. Rookie Sasaki will not play for Team Japan. WHOA you think they had some dudes like other dudes better than rookie Sasaki. I wouldn't think that, but apparently they do. Or maybe he don't want to play, or.
Speaker 2: Maybe with a injury all the way up until the playoffs last year.
Speaker 3: Hey Otani's had two Tommy John's and he's out there doing it for Japan. And Yoshi Yamamoto couldn't even raise the trophy over his head, right, and he's going to be out there playing. Otani was in New Want York over the weekend accepting his MVP award and he gave a shout out to Lon Rosen. A very nice acceptance speech in English, and you're gonna love it. Matt b A.
Speaker 5: Thank you once again for hosting this great event and always making us feel welcomed. Grats on your one hundred and first gala. To all the writers who reported for me, thank you. This MVP hour is very meaningful and the winning guitar game means so much to me. A deep appolciation goes out to all of your writers for recognizing the hard work and the efforts that were put force in achieving this, and an MVP award to my fellow discipiants. Congratulations to all of you and your achievements, especially to the eighty six Mets team. I now know the building of what it's like to become a world champion, and it's great. So congrats on your for this anniversary. Thank you to the Doosis organization for believing in me and then embracing my vision. To honor mar Quota who is here tonight, and the rest of the ownership group, the entire front office, especially under Freedmen and the Ron roles, and also attending to all my teammates and the coaching staff for helping and encouraging me throughout that year. I feared your support every day. A huge shout out to the entire Doges staff behind the scenes, especially Arigarcia, who is also here tonight. I appreciate you all till my support group, starting with my agents Balleto, I appreciate all you do.
Speaker 6: Thanks for here tonight as well, Gambling Guy, especially Matt Hedaka, your support, Duia White, Anya, Cali and the rest of the circle.
Speaker 5: Lastly, my family in Japan, and most most importantly to my loving wife Mamiko and my daughter and Decoy for making my life whole. I appreciate you always being there for me.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Oh the dog got the last shout out.
Speaker 2: That was damn impressive.
Speaker 3: Is there anything he can't do man night other than manage his assistant?
Speaker 2: I mean, damn.
Speaker 3: And translator she very impressive. It makes you wonder how much English does that guy actually speak? Yes, the answer is yes. I say, do you speak of my language?
Speaker 2: He just smiled and gave me unigity Sandwigitty.
Speaker 3: Matt your your favorite Milan Courtina Olympics start pretty soon and the US team roster two hundred and thirty two athletes in her horny as the day is law.
Speaker 2: Let's get in that village and start filming people.
Speaker 3: Hot springs.
Speaker 2: Come on on, Lindsey Vaughan seeing her naked, Yes, loong yeah, Seven Americans making their fifth trip to the Winter Games. Opening ceremony Feb. Six and Milan competition begins Feb.
Speaker 4: Four.
Speaker 2: So, like the biathlon or you know something along, they always get it going a little bit early and then you get the opening ceremony.
Speaker 3: Is a biathlon, the one where you ski and then you shoot, shoot, yeah, and then you ski some more, shop and shoot.
Speaker 2: Pretty cool. Actually, that dude from Turkey is just.
Speaker 3: Like bow Bo that was talking. We'll be back with more some football talk with Brady Quaint coming up next. It's Petros and Money on I'm a Horse Monday on LA Sport. This is Petros and.
Speaker 2: Money to Man Man Man Man Petro some money A five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iheartradiop Remember Friday, we have World Series champion Miguel Rojas inside the locker room. We'll be doing an hour with him. Opportunity for you to be in that live performance with us talking to Miguel Rojas. Pair of passes inside the locker room this Friday with Miguel Rojas. Listened to us here on Petros and Money all week long and Pee. Two weeks from yesterday, we will have Super Bowl sixty right here Sunday, February eighth. We are your home of the NFL, and we are your home of Patriots versus Seahawks.
Speaker 3: Sam Darnold versus Drake May. We all saw it coming, the one and only Brady Quinn joining us right now in the Petrosen Money Show. One of our few national broadcaster friends. It still takes our call. You can hear him on Fox Sports Radio two Pros and a Cup of Joe, you know, with Black and Drack Jonas and LeVar Arrington. That's what they call him. Black and Black and track who well, you know that's interesting. They can both Brady Quinn, famous quarterback, big noon, superstar of stage and screen. And of course he joins us on your Southern California Toyota Dealer Celebrity Hotline. He helds up the shield, the clover shield for those that attack Notre Dame like Cam Newton, because let me tell you something, Notre Dame football hasn't been relevant in years.
Speaker 2: They were just in the National Championship Game last year, not in years. Okay, I stand corrected, Hi, Brady, how are you, sir?
Speaker 4: I'm doing good, guys. I mean, I honestly, I couldn't hear anything Cameron was saying. With those hats he wears practic. Come on, he reminds me of Mary Poppins. Sometimes it's some boys ouphaits. I'm not that might be an old tool of a reference, But I'm not sure what he wants to achieve wearing those outfits. But I guess it's it's stylish.
Speaker 3: I guess I don't know the kids of today know what a chimney sweep is. Okay.
Speaker 4: I want to know if he kicks that hat off and reaches in there, like does he have that entire bag of goodies and like anything he.
Speaker 2: Wants to pull out at them, like vampire tea candy.
Speaker 3: All right, Brady, you know you've seen Sam Darnold play for a long time, and you've seen him jennisoned from what is it four other teams to be in Seattle and here on the precipice of winning a super Bowl and being favored to win the Super Bowl. What do you make of it? What gave Sam such a bad rap? Or has he turned it around that dramatically?
Speaker 4: I think both things are true. You know he has turned it around that dramatically, But he also was provided the opportunity to be around some really good offensive minds. Like I don't know if he'd you know, say this or not, but I think probably the time in San Francisco with Kyle Shanahan, obviously the year he spent with Kevin O'Connell in Minnesota. I think he'll build back his confidence. But then even now with Clint Kubiak, I mean, when you look at what they're asking him to do and how he's executing within that, he's playing at a super high level. And this is some of what we saw. I think when you watched them in Southern cal Like, you saw his playmakeability. You saw his mobility to be able to get outside the pocket or move the pocket and make big throws. He's got a strong arm. You saw all those things. You know. The one concern you had was at times you put the ball in her. And I think when you look at the start of his career in the NFL, that was a byproduct of the situation, the circumstance he entered into. You know, the Jets were not a good football team and they thrust him in there before he was ready, and he didn't have much help out around him, and that led to some of those moments that a lot of people still haven't forgotten. I mean, people are still asking about Stiny Starter versus the Patriots and the whole. You know, I'm seeing ghosts and how if that will play a factor in this game, and you just you have to take into consideration. You know, there's no substitute for experience playing quarterback. And I think the toughest thing now is when you look at that draft class, specifically with Baker Mayfield and Sam darl and Josh Allen, you know, Josh Rosen, Lamar Jackson. You know, they all entered into different circumstances and honestly, Josh Rosen might have been thrusted into the worst in Arizona and unfortunately for him, could never really get his footing again. Whereas Josh Allen, you know, he had three years where they provided him consistency, stability, and by year three you really saw what he was kid love developing into a passer, and they got him Stephan Diggs and then he get a flourish from there. For Donald and Mayfield, it took a while, you know, it really took them kind of you know, hopping around spot the spot to finally get solidified with organizations that believe in them, and that's you know, for me, it's it's awesome to see because I got drafted to Cleveland. I know what some of those guys went through, in particular Baker, and it's really really hard to overcome that first impress that everyone has of you, and you just have to hope and pray that you get that opportunity where another team believes in you enough to be their guy. And obviously he is that for for Seattle and in that game, I mean, they put the game in his hands. They weren't they trusted him, They weren't scared to put the ball in his hands to make big plays, and he delivered.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just a little more on that, Brady, because you go back to that Week sixteen game and it felt like that first half against the Rams was let's try it. You know, he threw four picks in the one prior, so it felt like they were playing it safe. What is it is someone who you know has been through it and played the position. What does it do for a guy in in those circumstances, that level of a game to be asked to just throw that hell out of the ball. I mean on second, not on third down, but on first down. On second down, the downfield throws seemingly throughout that entire first half. What does that do then for the second half of that game.
Speaker 4: I mean, you have so much confidence when you go out there, and that's take a pitcher where you could hit any spot, you got every pitch you know in your repertoire, and you feel just like you can do anything. I mean, you really do feel that powerful out there slinging the football round. And every quarterback has their good days and bad days, and clearly when you get off to a hot star like he did it, and especially a guy who you know for the most part, like this season, I don't know how many really tight games they were in. I mean, they beat the crap out of the forty nine ers, So it wasn't like he was, you know, put in a position where he he had to be in these critical moments. But you know, this game is for the NFC Championship to go to the Super Bowl, and then there felt like every throw was a big throw because you knew it was going to be a tight game, and he delivered, you know again time and time again. I think you know, going back through this game like there's there's really no criticisms that some concern about with Zach Charvion ain't at a running back what their passame would look like out of the backfield, because Kenneth Walker wasn't that guy throughout the course of the season. But I thought he did a tremendous job and really just the entire offense adapting and adjusting. I mean, look, it helps in you of JSN who came into the league as prepared as any and it's just been absolutely phenomenal so far this year. So I do want to give other guys credit. I mean, the offensive lines played well too, But you know, for Darnold to start off that game the way he did, I think that's exactly what he needed to prove to himself too, that he is the quarterback that he was originally drafted in New York to be.
Speaker 2: If you had to guess which way the Rams go next year, I mean, we see it kind of both ways, right. I think about the Lions, they missed the playoffs this year. You have the Eagles who were the overwhelming favorites to win the NFC this year, and it seemed like, you know, everybody hated him from go and then they couldn't get out of their own way, Like, what do you think happens to a Rams team that still feels like maybe the best team in the NFL this year? A thirty eight year old quarterback Devonte Adams don't know kind of what direction he's going to be going next year. Do you think they're right back here? Is the favorite a kickoff? Or do you think this is kind of like that window as Wow, this was kind of it. It felt like they shoved all their chips into the middle of the table.
Speaker 4: No chance that this is it. I mean, you can't have a quarterback he's my MVP. I think the way you played this year and all those pieces, I mean, dant Adams at times looked like, you know, maybe he's slowing down somebody. In this past game he looked great. I mean, he was making clutch catches, finding ways separating. I think they do need to add a little bit more help on the outside to take some of that off of him. But this is to me still a relatively young team, in particular on defense, and I would run it back like I think, if you're an NFL franchise who has a future Hall of Famer and again he is that to me, You've got to exhaust all efforts, you know, So I don't think there should be any talk about this being done like this. This thing's still wide open to me for another year at least, and then you kind of re evaluate where you know Matt Stafford's at. You know, the back issue was like a big topic of conversation before the season, didn't seem to really impact him much a lea. It's not on the outside, so that might be something to monitor. But you know, all in all, I think you're still building around him to kind of go all in again until he says, hey, man, I think I think I'm done. I think I'm good, and I want to move on to the next thing.
Speaker 3: The great Brady Quinn our friend on the Petersen Money Show here in tomorrow morning at three am on two Pros and a Cup of Joe right here on M five seventy LA Sports and Fox Sports Radio. As a whole, Brady, your big noon role took you all around, and you live in Big ten country. You've seen plenty of Ferdie Mendoza. You just gave a pretty good talk about quarterbacks being a product to their first environment. What do you think he's going to be, like, it looks like he's going to be a raider. How does he translate into the NFL. He's been a lot of fun to watch down the stretch.
Speaker 4: He has been and you know, he's been gritty, he's been tough. You know, I think he's operated at a really high level within the system that they've provided for him. And I think that's going to be the next thing that's going to be huge is they need to provide give him some more surrounding talent. You know, outside of Rock Powers, there's really not much out there. The offensive line protection was pretty abysimal this year, so there's a number of things. I mean, for starters, they kind to figure out who their head coaches. Once they do that, they can implement a plan as far as what that offense is going to look like. But one of my concerns for him is they have a pretty rpo heavy offense and that doesn't typically translate well to the NFL level because of how you're training with your eyes. You know, to me, when you're training a quarterback, you teach him to look down the field, to the middle linebacker, to the safeties, and you're really looking for a movement from those guys to determine if it's a split safety coverage or one high coverage, and then from there based on your personal information as a man as it's one all those other things that you're looking for. Well, when a lot of these guys just play a shotgun running an RPO offense, you know, the full doesn't sync with a lot of the passing concepts and the timing and rhythm of plays. They're only reading one guy and if he triggers on the run play to stop it, they're gonna throw behind him. If he doesn't, they're handing off. So you know, that transformation for a quarterback to adapt from what you're asked to do at the NFL level and those offenses and what they're asked to do at the college level can be a pretty big jump. So I think he's up for the challenge and capable, but they're gonna have to implement some things that he feels comfortable with early on and surround up of talent because that that roster just really struggled. To put a point, it didn't matter ifif Kelly was calling plays or not. You know, he kind of took all the blame this past year for the play calling issues. You know when Pete Carroll let him go, but they didn't get any better when he wasn't there. You know that that was That's a really struggling offense from a personnel standpoint. So they've got a lot of work to do.
Speaker 2: Is it is it a one year anomaly for Indiana? I don't mean just Indiana, Brady, but you know we saw Texas Tech. Is is you know, one of the betting favorites to win the the National Championship. Do you think we see a team like this every year now with NI with transfer portal, you know, from whatever conference, it may be that that's kind of in the mix and has as good a shot to win the championship as any Yeah, I think.
Speaker 4: It's interesting, Like we look at the NFL and there's those teams who I mean, Stan Croffey's got deep pockets. When they want to go all in, they go all in and they feel like they've got a quarterback or they got some of the right pieces. You know, they're going to spend there's a term cash over cast, so they're going to sign out a bunch of guys to big signing bonuses. They're going to pro rate that out of the life to deal so they can fit everyone in under that salary cap. And there's really not those rules at college. But what you're seeing is the universes that are spending or being rewarded for it. You know, Miami spent a ton on the roster this year, Indiana's spent a good amount, and then they'll tell you that, you know, Sicnetti will tell you it's not as much as everyone thinks, but it's still more than most are putting out there. When you've got a billionaire like Mark Cuban is helping to back that. And I think you look at some of the other teams that have won in the past years, Ohio State, Michigan, all those schools put a ton of money in to retain guys and bring them back to go for another shot. And it worked for Michigan a couple of years ago, worked for Ohio State last year. And now you're singing it with Indiana and some of those guys who you know again they brought back but built onto the transfer portal. So and then obviously Miami was playing that game. So I do think it's it's fall of the money. It's not that complicated. A lot of these schools with deep pockets are going to continue to keep being at the top making runs, and that's probably where the talent cap of the disparity is. Uh. And so it's you know, you can say it's unfortunate or that's very different from what we were call in the past, but I'm not so sure. I'm not so sure this is really any different. I think now everything's just kind of a boat board with teams being able to advertise essentially how much they're spending on their rosters.
Speaker 3: All right, No usc notre dame to talk about. So we'll just say goodbye.
Speaker 4: Who which one's black and drack on the show? Because Jonas only wears black? Right, you know he doesn't wear any other.
Speaker 2: Well, if you've seen Pirates Brooklyn, you know that's what I mean. LaVar looks a lot like that. Y. Yeah, it's clear as data me it's black drag.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: By the way, it's snowmageddon out here. My kids don't have school today, they don't have school tomorrow. They could be off the whole week. Let me tell you, it's unbelievable how soft everyone has gotten nowadays.
Speaker 2: That's not where I saw that going. Then there we go.
Speaker 3: So what are you guys doing in the house. I mean you can't go anywhere, right it's snowmagain.
Speaker 4: Oh well it's no. They're outside. They're like costly playing in the snow. They're probably in frostbite, bro, I know, but at least they're building up some grit and determination. Right when they can't feel their nose.
Speaker 3: Why you know what, You should put them in vats of ice water when it's really cold outside, like they do to Russian children and toughen them up. You know, just forty fifty that I've.
Speaker 4: Been cold plunging for a while, so that if that's what that is, then I've been doing that self. I've known it to myself for a while.
Speaker 2: Now. Yeah, well that checks out.
Speaker 3: Something explains that great looking facial stand out. All right, Brady Quinn, Thank you, Brady, appreciate it. Have a great snub again, and be safe out there in the ice storm, and we'll be back with your dead and alive. Guy Bert the other day, saying good night, and then Dodger talking said.
Speaker 1: Southern California's most listened to sports talk show this money on Demand.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening, everybody. Petro send money. Happy to be with you, Dodger Talk, but broken hearted Ramily member David Vase comes next.
Speaker 2: Doyers.
Speaker 3: Doyers. We are available when we're not available on the iHeartRadio app. Doyers for your smartphone. Well, yes, Friday, we do have Dodgers content. Since you're so dos you're so into Rojash, that's right.
Speaker 2: Going to join us inside the locker room from the four to five five o'clock hour. Try to make your way over to a M five seventy l a sports dot Com for one of the I believe three seats that are available to the public is we've been given away. We have ten pair and we've been given away. I believe there will be one seat available. You know what, you do not get a plus one. It's like Ronnie at David Vesse's wedding. You're coming by yourself.
Speaker 3: Well it might be that way, Matt. It doesn't end there. There's more seats available on Saturday.
Speaker 2: That's exactly right. Dodger Fests Davids gonna be live from Dodger Stadium. What is slightly more exclusively, Well, they'll take your money at Dodger Fest if you want to go, if you want to buy a ticket. If you want to pay for parking, they are happy to take your money free. You just have to be captive to our commercials.
Speaker 3: That's right. Don't forget to go see Matt's movie Shelter, Yeah, State Them. Yeah. Well, as I said, you lose your car once and they cut you out all the movie all the you know, you lose your car one trust that guy, all the movie promotions.
Speaker 2: Go see Shelter with State Them on Friday and then go to Dodger Fest with David Vessey on Saturday. Should kept track of your car, man, I should have put a pin in it.
Speaker 3: You'd be in state even if that technology was available at the time. All right, Matt for the friend.
Speaker 2: The two keys, one for the door, one for the front, one for the trunk, one to lock the glove box.
Speaker 3: To celebrate today a great artist man, a man with a whole area in Paris named after him. Three and twelve years old today, Jean Baptiste Pigalle. Born in Paris into a family of master carpenters. Pigalle began training as a sculptor at age eighteen. That is important work, especially back then when rich people were always ordering sculpted art. He studied in Rome. His most famous work is Mercury attaching his wings, which is the statue of the Greek god Hermes putting the wing shoes on.
Speaker 2: I love Hermes.
Speaker 3: He's awesome, he's fast. That was in seventeen forty four. It is in the louver, so it could be stolen at any moment.
Speaker 2: I thought it was like a Grand Marquis with some wings on it. No, he's super cool.
Speaker 3: This was long before the car company. Pigale was loved for his conveyance of graceful ease and youthful vitality. The Mercury adjusting his wings, it's like rolling down the window. Was so popular a statue that they opened a factory in Detroit and just started banging him out. No, but he did have to be hang out a few Louis the fifteenth ordered a giant marble one as a present to Prussia. His mistress. Louis the fifteenth, mistress Jean Jean Pompadoor was his patron.
Speaker 2: I wonder what her hair looked like.
Speaker 3: It was wearing quite high. Actually, that's what it's from. Matt Uh. He made lots of stuff for her love and friendship. Seventeen fifty eight. Child with a Birdcage seventeen fifty You're never gonna guess what that one's happened. And his nude Voltaire from seventeen seventy seven is also a very very important work.
Speaker 2: I bet nobody know what Vultag.
Speaker 3: Is like Voltaire naked, Hey, it's in the loover. He has built two of the very elaborate tombs that are two of the biggest attractions at the Notre Dame Cathedral. We had Brady Quinn on today.
Speaker 2: I think it's all he could talk about.
Speaker 3: And Matt. In Paris, the Pigalle district has become known for its sex shows. It's red light nature, it's sex shops and yes, that is where the famous Moulin Rouge resides, where Nicole Kidman died of tuberculosis while dancing twenty some years ago in theaters le did it lose My car that night? Statham Pigalle was known for being daring and innovative, A big part, Matt, and we're a big part of the sports talk radio enlightenment, great sports talk out but he was part of the real Enlightenment, nowhere.
Speaker 2: Near as impactful as our enlightenment.
Speaker 3: Sports talk much more accessible, and he straddled two styles, the neo classical and the baroque. So way to go, pigalle a French Master, so to speak.
Speaker 2: You're a live gyp a French Master, but a suburb of Philadelphia master, if you will. Carl Freaking Kiefer Man Keiefer born in Springfield, PA. Springfield High School, played electric guitar, got into the drug scene, boosted up in high school, dropped out for about a week, but his mom gave him an incentive, said, hey, if you graduate, I'll buy you that Gibson less Paul you've had your eye on. So they had a deal. He made it all the way through. He overcame his drug addiction, and Keifer was determined to be a rock star. While he was chasing his rock star dreams again barely graduated high school, was making money doing odd jobs, mostly at the horse track as a groomsman. So he was like in a wedding, exactly like that. If you were missing a grooms he would stand in at the horse track. He started a band called Telepath, playing lead guitar. They don't catch on, so his best friend Eric says, hey, man, f those guys your voice is better and you've got more stage presence than any of them. Let's start a band together, and that's right.
Speaker 3: Why does it sound like an after school special kind of listen Eric, I'm not sure. Who's it?
Speaker 2: Clifton Heights, PA. They started Cinderella played around. Unfortunately half of their band quit to start their band.
Speaker 3: Cinderella Crushes Pigale. Right, oh, come on, don't know what you got till it's gone.
Speaker 2: Everything was going great till Michael Shermik and Tony Destra say we're leaving and we're starting our own band, Britney Fox. So they had to have a rotating cast of drummers and lead guitars. But thankfully, when they were playing the Empire Rock Club in Philadelpha, they freaking rock the joint. John bon Jovi was in the audience and was like, those guys are good. Got him signed to Mercury with his an R guy, Dereck Schulman. They released their debut Night Songs August second, nineteen eighty six, with that iconic cover four Dudes, gigantic hair, the Purple Cinema.
Speaker 3: Bar, and a more brunette vibe on side.
Speaker 2: Most definitely Yes, they were the Brunettes. If Poison were the blood.
Speaker 3: Yeah hit a lot of bloody, it's more brunette vibe.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, most definitely they were the you know, the Pennsylvania glam rockers. You know, we have this brunette hair we got that's all peas Hey.
Speaker 3: We are a darker hue than so, rather glam rock type.
Speaker 2: This song was huge, peaked at number thirteen, but MTV was really what did it for Cinderella? Those dudes, the Brunettes, you know, with their teased out hair and their tight pants.
Speaker 3: Come on, man, can you stand on a giant rock in Arizona and bang out a ballad?
Speaker 2: No No?
Speaker 3: With a huge helicopter shot.
Speaker 2: They got to number three on the Billboard Hot one Hunter thanks to MTV playing the hell out of it a platinum first headline tour eighty six, who supported Poison got the blonde teased out Here were the Brunette teams.
Speaker 3: Very rarely does the brunette headline over the blog.
Speaker 2: And then Bonjobi took him out as support on their Slippery When Wet tour launched them into superstardom. Second album, Long Cold Winner two hundred and fifty four shows over the course of fourteen months. Don't know what you got till it's gone. Why that song because on stage a white piano with lower into the audience beautiful man chief or.
Speaker 3: Not quite as great as the Striper Helicopter, but its globe the Striper Helicopter was pretty sweet. Didn't end well?
Speaker 2: No man lived happily ever after that. Sadly no, they turned into a pumpkin. His vocal cord paralysis, couldn't sing anymore.
Speaker 3: We still talk about him in the leagues today.
Speaker 2: Nig Hey, you know what if your light shines bright for but three years, at least you had three years in that white hot spot.
Speaker 3: I still remember. I believe it was on the Wayne's World soundtrack, Hot and Bothered, which was a fine sauce.
Speaker 2: Sure Jeep going Cinderella. They have officially been broken up since twenty fourteen. I have no idea what they did from eighty nine to twenty fourteen, but apparently they were still doing it.
Speaker 3: Wayne's World. There's that David Vasse will come along in the very next segment and start his Dodger talk show. But he is a little worse for wearing terror.
Speaker 2: It's too bad.
Speaker 3: As a Matt stafford in their Ramiley let him down. You know, you jump on a jump on a bandwagon and you think it's gonna take you all the way to Lincoln, Nebraska, and the thing crab out. You're not even in You're not even in Germo, and the thing's blown out.
Speaker 2: Get this Jerry two days in.
Speaker 3: He'll be back on tomorrow. I have a great night, everybody. Check out this Coig