Speaker 1: We are number one. We just grabbed every key Democrat super duper. That's nice light a goo nito gay, Yes, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 2: It is the twenty first day of July twenty twenty six. Good morning, everybody. Welcome to Tuesday Morning on the Patrick Morning Show. Glad to be back. My name is Chris Hocking. Here we are getting ready for Tuesday morning. He will be in Johnny Bones on his way in right now, and lots to get to, lots to recaps. So let's get service some comedy from Fortune Fiemester on The Patrick Morning Show on a Tuesday morning.
Speaker 3: Be careful to everybody, come on in. I am glad you are here.
Speaker 4: I don't know if my parents should be driving anymore. When do I have to have that talk with them to tell them they can't drop now? I know with my grandmother what happened with hers. She was driving one day and she was just chatting away, and then all of a sudden, she went across four lanes of traffic and we said, well, Nana, that's that. She said, I didn't even realize I was driving. We're gonna need those keys. We're getting closer with my mom. I can feel it. She called me up and just very casually said, hey, ah, just drove off.
Speaker 1: A cliff.
Speaker 4: What I was driving?
Speaker 1: I heard you.
Speaker 4: I just don't understand what you're telling me. And then she said one of the greatest things I have ever heard. She said it was bound to happen one of these days.
Speaker 1: Well, Ginger, that's that we're gonna need those.
Speaker 5: Keys, sweet, beat us on your side.
Speaker 1: You here, all right?
Speaker 6: Power to the morning shoe Tuesday, July twenty first of twenty twenty six. That just me?
Speaker 1: Or does that mic sound absolutely terrible? Do you hear that? That my headphones with a microphone?
Speaker 6: I think it's check check check check check check five four three two syllabus syllabus Hello, Hello, Hello.
Speaker 1: Nique, New York.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your microphone's up feeding back again. Yep, excuse me, hello you.
Speaker 1: Unique New York. Oh man, that's really kicking back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not speakers not on obviously.
Speaker 1: It sounds like zero yeah, check check check check. Try moving the micro around maybe that check check check check?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Hello, Hello, that's old then will.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well it was a fun start.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Christmas back he hello, Hey.
Speaker 2: Hey, well here we are, let's go. How are you guys?
Speaker 3: Anything big happened when I was.
Speaker 1: Gone, well, you won the golf bets.
Speaker 3: I know, I didn't even know it.
Speaker 1: Yep, I got to getting money. Yeah.
Speaker 6: We were all discussing how many total shots of golf you watched, and we said, if anybody guessed more than zero, you're losing your mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you watched zero shots.
Speaker 3: I didn't see a single bit.
Speaker 1: That's uh. I told the story yesterday when Gorg asked you, hey, are you gonna watch it this weekend and you said no, when he was like offended by Yeah.
Speaker 2: He was very shocked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very shocked. I thought it was a bit yep, it was not.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 6: No, So have you been told the recap of how you could have won even more?
Speaker 3: No idea.
Speaker 6: So you had Cam Young and he was in the clubhouse for a couple of hours essentially as the leader two and a half almost, and then just no one could post score better until the final group rolled around and Ryan Fox had a chance to birdy eighteen and win. It had an eleven and a half foot putton. If he misses it, Cam Young and Ryan Fox have a playoff, and if Cam Young wins the playoff, then you win twice the money because he wins the whole tournament. Yeah, so you definitely were cheering for Ryan Fox to miss that eleven and a half.
Speaker 1: Foot putt, but he hit it, so you won. You just won the.
Speaker 6: Half stack, not the full stack. It's still a nice hit.
Speaker 3: So how much should I get? How many people were?
Speaker 1: I think you want eight?
Speaker 3: I think I've accumulated six so far.
Speaker 2: But you know, me and golf, they call him.
Speaker 6: No boy, oh boy.
Speaker 1: They call him the here's your nickname? Yeah it is, it is. That's what they caught me. Because you win golf. Who hasn't paid you?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'll have to look back.
Speaker 1: You have to look it up. You want to be perish because he wasn't in the best, true, he wasn't in there. You go people. It should be fast, Yeah, it.
Speaker 3: Should be fast. It's good. I'll take it, Mandy, Honey, I'll take it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, I'll take it.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Jack Daniels got second, and I told him the same thing. I go look for people owe you twenty five dollars, and I see them a lot more often than you do.
Speaker 1: So if they don't pay you, I'll shake him down, shake him down. But he hasn't told me. Anything yet, So maybe he got paid.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Let me look at the old in me. I know that it was people out.
Speaker 3: Rosie texted me right away and said, hey, I think I venmoed you.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, yeah, you sure did, sure did. Thank you for that. Thank you.
Speaker 1: He was forced to take Rom, Yeah he was, he was.
Speaker 3: He didn't want to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Rom. Rom looked like a good pick man on Friday. I think he was four under and then he fell apart double bogie the first whole Saturday and Sunday so over for him.
Speaker 3: Marny, Rosie, Tommy, Zachy, Chucky, Polly. That's all I got.
Speaker 1: So who were missing?
Speaker 3: Were you in it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? But I broke even Yeah, he broke even, so not you. It's not me. Who else missed the cut?
Speaker 3: Was Bonie?
Speaker 6: Ye?
Speaker 1: But he that's Chuck, Ye, that's Chuck.
Speaker 3: What about Bonie was seeing it?
Speaker 1: Boneye? Yeah? Boney owes you money because that's one of them? Who else? We're missing one?
Speaker 2: I just gotta have more notification from Johnny Bone.
Speaker 1: No, there we go, john Bones. So now we're missing one.
Speaker 6: It's not me, It's not Chad Daniels, it's not your dad, right, lawyer Lambert broke even.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he broke broke b Lewis. Yeah, there it is. It's a yeah.
Speaker 6: See, we solved it. His guy didn't make the cut. Really, who do you take Justin Rose?
Speaker 3: You guys know what my theory was on Cam Young?
Speaker 1: Uh no, you've taken him before.
Speaker 2: He was the next guy on the list.
Speaker 1: The next guy, that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was my strategy. In fact, I had somebody say to me at a golf tournament. I was at yester Well at Lovely.
Speaker 1: Dell would oh, yeah, great spot.
Speaker 2: For the great people of Canvas Health. Hey, uh you won the golf bet. I go, yeah, man, my guy won.
Speaker 3: He goes, No, he didn't he did it?
Speaker 1: No, no, And.
Speaker 2: Then he told me some guy's name that one. I was like, I've never heard that guy. Who's the guy that won?
Speaker 6: Ryan Fox massive long shot? He was one hundred and seventy.
Speaker 1: To one on the raft kings before the tournament started.
Speaker 6: And how about how about our guy, the fantastic mister Fox. Immediately then pulling out of the three M Open this weekend. He was supposed to be in Minnesota, but because he won, He's like.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to Minnesota. Yeah, oh doesn't doesn't need Yeah.
Speaker 6: So Scheffler still on his way here, right, he's still I would cities, but Ryan.
Speaker 1: I would bet he's here. Yeah. Sure, Well Scotty come on in, big fan. Scotty doesn't know Scotty. Yeah that'd be great. Yeah, so good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Man, So you missed that good money, but you got some money I got you missed female domination in the initials tournament so far Kelsey Cook crushed on Friday, and Belinda gents and crushed yesterday.
Speaker 1: Incredible, I know.
Speaker 3: Wow man, it's it's finally happening.
Speaker 6: Ladies off to a good start so far in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: That's right, they're getting it done. Anybody from the Power Trip Blues yet like the main four of us that no, no, no, okay cool nope? And who plays this.
Speaker 6: Week Friday is Sweedburg, Grim Tatum, Elizabeth Reese and Will Fall noess. Oh two more that'll be greasy. Two more shots at a couple of ladies mess sneaking through me.
Speaker 1: We go three for three?
Speaker 3: Has it been close? Have they been good?
Speaker 1: Back?
Speaker 6: Kelsey crushed, everybody crushed and Belinda kind of pulled away yesterday too.
Speaker 1: So hasn't really been close yet, not yet.
Speaker 7: Yesterday would have been closer, but Belinda got some help from others, like with the cake doing it one that sure that cold musk could have made that a a much closer.
Speaker 1: It must blow it a little bit. Oh musty, he must mussy musty, muss mussy.
Speaker 2: Hey, when you guys run your way in, did you see weird clusters of police officers gathered in different places with their lights on?
Speaker 1: No, I saw.
Speaker 6: I saw an ambulance off of three ninety four at one of those like apartments apartment complex.
Speaker 2: Over there, a little bit farther down by where the fud Rutgers used to be, there were a couple of them gathered as well. I don't know. Weird weird things are foot in at the circle k really, yeah, I don't know. I don't know. It's been a rough few days in the city of Minneapolis. Yeah, yeah, I don't So.
Speaker 1: Let's go back. You did not you did not do motorcycle trip? Or you did you did? I did? Clear, I went south.
Speaker 3: I went to south to uh uh. Well, okay, I've got.
Speaker 2: A long story because things that went a little crooked for for me, I have It's a long story, but uh m hm. So I got on my motorcycle and I started riding south. I decided that I needed to see my mom and dad. I didn't want to go twelve hours.
Speaker 6: I've seen him in a long time on a motorcycle specifically, yeah, well that year, just in general.
Speaker 3: And just in general.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to waste most of my vacation on the road. You know, I want to do a I wanted to do some other things too. So I says to the old whatever AI was supposed to be using copilot, that's the one that says co pilot guy. Where's a halfway point between Union City, Indiana and Rogers, Minnesota. So it came up with a lovely little bird in the uh in the Wisconsin, I stated, Wisconsin. And I'll tell you what it's called the moment Delafield, Wisconsin. And there's a lovely little hotel looks like a castle there. So I says, perfect. So I call mom and Dad and I said, I'm riding you guys, drive, I'll meet you at Delafield. They say cool. And this was on Thursday.
Speaker 3: So I get on my motorcycle.
Speaker 2: I start to ride. I'm set closing the back stuff in the sidecars, brand new motorcycle, feeling good.
Speaker 3: Getting out of the Twin Cities.
Speaker 2: It was not easy. Traffic was hell. Took me forever. Finally found my way to the open road to Wisconsin, riding along, riding along, I look down on my phone because you know, you got your map on your phone on your handlebars, and it's dead. And I realized this because it's been sitting in the hut sun for two hours. So now I'm like, i'mna be riding dirty here. I don't know how to get to Delafield, but I know the general direction I gotta go, so I figure cool, So I put it in my jacket pocket. I stick my charger on there and starts to charge. I get a little.
Speaker 3: Farther down the road, he comes back on.
Speaker 2: I'm good. Plug the sum bitch, you know, back in so I can set it back up there, make it so.
Speaker 3: The sun's not shining right on it.
Speaker 2: Driving rainstorm with hail out of nowhere, just out of nowhere, right and now I'm drenched. It's hailing on me. You know, trucks are driving by. It's seventy So I pull over. Now my phone dies because it got wet, so now I'm really aft, but I'm like, okay, cool, I'm in Black River Falls. I know I have to get to at least Madison before I take a left and go towards Delafield, Wisconsin, which looks darling, and my mom and dad already there.
Speaker 3: Waiting on me.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 2: Right along, right along, rain started to stop. Now I got the traction mode going on, Harley. I'm good. I think I'm gonna be all right. It eventually will dry out, That's what I'm hoping. By the way, a little little trick for you guys, if your phone ever does that and you are on the road, go to a truck stop or a gas station or holiday and use the air blower for your hands to blow hot air into your phone.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, got that tipping. It worked.
Speaker 2: Didn't work quickly, but it worked right along, right along. But my motorcycle, brand new, twelve hundred miles on it begins to die.
Speaker 1: What yeah, plug it in charge it right?
Speaker 2: Check engine light is on, traction controls on, blah blah, son of a bitch. So I turn around, head back to the Black River Falls. I'm hoping maybe I just needed to dry out a little bit. Stop the ho Chunk.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, what a convenient place to see if your motorcycle is fixed.
Speaker 2: I got lucky that there was such a classic, nice hotel there.
Speaker 1: He's not wrong, he just wasn't lucky.
Speaker 6: He went full beetle gear today at election next.
Speaker 1: The bike because he couldn't believe he passed a casino.
Speaker 2: No, no, same, No.
Speaker 1: Where did you stop when your motorcycle broke down? The casino?
Speaker 2: Well, yes I did. And let me tell you my bike is brand new, and I love that motorcycle. But I was cursing all of existence, right, But I got a nice, warm hotel room that was clean, and a nice hotel. And do not say this on the air, but look at your phone. Do not say this on the air.
Speaker 1: Yes, sau he's talking to you.
Speaker 3: Oh my, that made me feel a little better.
Speaker 1: What game is that I got? Nothing? Mm hmmmm there it is?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, that made me feel better. C yeah, crazy dragons, you know it. That made me feel better. So I warmed up, got on the motorcycle again the next day, Get back on the road. Bro Still nothing but pull over in lovely Mouseton, Wisconsin.
Speaker 3: Any idea where that's at? M A U S t O N No.
Speaker 2: There just happens to be a Harley dealership there, Okay, So I called my mom and dad and I say, Harley's breaking down. You're gonna have to come here from So they they start driving that way.
Speaker 3: The Harley dealership just opens.
Speaker 2: I roll in.
Speaker 3: I say, here's what's going on? These people? I think it's called re R E E. L. Harley Davidson.
Speaker 2: As soon as I got there, took my bike back and even though they had other bikes they were working on.
Speaker 3: We're trying to help me because I told him.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I'm on a road trip, say my mom and dad, I'm in the middle of I don't know what you know, I'm stuck. They worked on it all day long. Right, He's like, I'm not sure. It might be catastrophic. There might be something wrong with the engine. So you're gonna have to stay here. So I'd say to mom and dad, we're gonna we're.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have to say the casino. We're gonna have to go. I mean, but listen, where can we find the guy? What do we have?
Speaker 6: Is there any place anywhere near Mouston where they just have countless rooms? So we can all have a hotel room, because otherwise everybody's gonna be booked up.
Speaker 2: I wonder here sounds like a joke.
Speaker 1: Flying an extra room here.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a joke. There's a whole chunk in the Wisconsin bells there with nice clean rooms, but they were booked full. They were booked full. No, yes, it was Friday night, guys, a bonny.
Speaker 1: Friday night. So you guys drove the t ile vacans and waiting for you to be fixed.
Speaker 2: No, listen, just because the hotels doesn't have vacancy, I mean, there's not other hotels around it, So we get a hotel at a different place that is not a top of the line hotel. Okay, I'm gonna break there. Wait do you hear the rest of the stong?
Speaker 1: I can't wait. I can't wait, wait.
Speaker 3: Till you hear the rest of the store.
Speaker 1: So you made it to Atlantic City?
Speaker 3: Wait, do you hear the rest of the story.
Speaker 2: Okay, because I almost burned an entire hotel to the ground, right, But let me tell you, it might have been good for the environment if I'd burned this hotel of the ground.
Speaker 3: Okay, I can't wait. It might have been good for humanity.
Speaker 2: I might have gotten the Nobel Peace Price for burning this hotel of the I'm.
Speaker 6: Going to ruin the story right now. Then he drove to Excalibur, did it? He finally admitted that it's a garbage casino sauce.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, you know what, Hawk doesn't have to worry about or shouldn't have to worry about this. If he goes to gutter helmet at gutter Helmet mn dot com, well he's out on the road. If he's got gutter helmet, he doesn't have to worry about his gutter is getting clogged with nonsense. Gutter Heelmet MN dot com. John Bonus is here money yelling there later. Power Trip Fan the Bybyard Bogo Bash is here.
Speaker 8: Every Thursday they'll reveal a new Bogo thirty percent off deal.
Speaker 2: Welcome back here we are money. So Johnny bumones, good morning, by Hi. Yes, how are you man?
Speaker 1: I'm good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 1: You're a motorcycle guy, you versus story.
Speaker 9: I am sympathizing right now, man, this thinks yeah.
Speaker 3: Right when we left our hero.
Speaker 1: You were at a casino again.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, but we had we had not been able to procure a room at the hotel in the Wisconsin Dels because it was full too many people going to the Chunk on a Friday night.
Speaker 3: Sure, so we stayed at a lower value hotel.
Speaker 2: Now I've left off that as I was gathering my stuff out of my motorcycle after a frustrating hot day on a Thursday, after being drenched and frozen and burning at the same time. We're it's twenty five minutes to Wisconsin Della's from Mouston. We're about nineteen minutes into the driveway. My phone rings and the gentleman says, it's hard to work on your hardley if you got your keys in your pocket.
Speaker 3: You ever been so.
Speaker 1: Mad you want to bite yourself, like you literally just.
Speaker 3: Want to start biting parts of your body.
Speaker 1: Your way, no one.
Speaker 3: To punish but you.
Speaker 6: And this is supposed to be your you know five, this day's vacation. This is supposed to be stress free?
Speaker 1: Is the opposite? Is this?
Speaker 2: This is Thursday?
Speaker 1: Is my first day? This is all Thursday? Yeah, my very first day. Sorry?
Speaker 2: Yeah man, yeah, so now I'm sorry. Now we've transitioned to Friday. I'm sorry, now we've transitioned to Friday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, you're.
Speaker 1: Supposed to meet your parents on Thursday.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly, Yeah, yeah right. So now we go to the Chunk. We have a little fun, you know, we're having a good time, have some time with mom and dad. It's all good, having a good time. We go to the lovely casino that I will not name because it is a national chain and these people are doing their very best. And but I'm going to send you, guys another video, but I'm going to be able to play the audio.
Speaker 3: But I want you guys to see the video as well, because.
Speaker 2: My television didn't work. The bathtub, I don't it had never been cleaned. There was a long black hair dangling from the shower, dangling from the shower as if someone placed it there.
Speaker 3: Okay, but here's the best part.
Speaker 2: If you guys would look at the text I just sent you, I'm going to play the audio of it, and I know you can hear it. And I'm so glad because this is ten sixteen on Friday night, after a long, frustrating day. Help me make it.
Speaker 3: On the left side.
Speaker 2: Is a dog on the right side. As a baby, and I have had I've had layers of sunscreen thicker than these walls okay.
Speaker 3: All right, an all night long, all I could hear.
Speaker 1: Is that dog.
Speaker 3: On my left and that baby on my right. I don't know if there was an adult in either of those rooms, because all night long, that's all I heard.
Speaker 1: Holy moly, oh man, the.
Speaker 3: Air conditioned thing was hanging off the wall.
Speaker 1: Okay, at least she was providing some noise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I could not turn down the air conditioner, which normally I'd be fine with, but I've been cold for about twenty four hours at this point, so it was a long night. And then I heard what I figure must have been kid rock outside my window. Do a burnout, Come on, do a burnout. That was the only thing louder than the sticks he was playing on his car.
Speaker 9: Stereo, which sticks Renegade.
Speaker 1: Yeah, perfect, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: And this was at about one o'clock in the morning, which guess what woke up the baby Saturday morning. Woke up like, don't know if I should say woke up, didn't sleep much, got in the car, mom, dad, drove to Mouston, went to real Harley Davidson walked in. They said, we fixed it. There was water in the wiring, harness. The rain was so hard that it had got into the wiring harness. It shouldn't have done that, but well, I will take care of that later. They blew all the rain out, got it running again. I walked up the counter. I said, thank you so much. Guys.
Speaker 3: I don't know how you worked me and I appreciate you. Said no problem.
Speaker 2: I said how much? He said, no charge. You're good.
Speaker 3: They didn't charge me.
Speaker 1: What how about that? So I will send.
Speaker 2: Them business anytime I can. Real Harley Davidson. And it wasn't like they were fan listeners. Theyre Mouseton, Wisconsin. They didn't care.
Speaker 1: So why just because the bike was so new bike?
Speaker 2: And they're like, we believe in Harley's You bought a brand new bike. This shouldn't have happened to you. Go to your dealer when you get home, tell them this happened. They'll make sure that things are tightened up.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: I couldn't believe so uh. When't had breakfast on my dad and headed out on my own to try and transverse these lovely roadways, I realized, Johnny Bone, you will appreciate this. I parked my car on Thursday night, Thursday afternoon before I left my motorcycle, and I didn't drive it again until yesterday.
Speaker 1: Beautiful.
Speaker 3: The rest of the time I was on my motorcycle.
Speaker 2: Except for when I was sometimes you were exactly right. Yeah, it was awesome, So that was great. That was That was my vacation. That was my vacation.
Speaker 1: I just looked it up.
Speaker 6: By the way, the place that you stayed with the crying baby and the dog. That is Wisconsin's only five star hotel, the best they have to offer.
Speaker 2: The snack machine wouldn't work, and it only took dollars, that's how old it was. It didn't accept credit cards, and I was arguing with myself about whether I should buy a snack out of it anyway, because I'm.
Speaker 3: Not sure anybody had ever bought a snack out of it.
Speaker 2: I felt like I was with Beetlejuice, waiting in line to talk to the old lady with the throat.
Speaker 6: You know, your case worker, exactly. You didn't see two twins holding hands down the.
Speaker 1: Hallway, did you? I did not. You didn't see a full football team, did you?
Speaker 3: I did not. No, No, there you go.
Speaker 2: The rest of the trip is.
Speaker 1: Just You've You've waited in line multiple times to talk to the lady with the throat.
Speaker 4: Throw.
Speaker 1: Interesting way to word, that's right.
Speaker 3: But anyway, so yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: That was I Also I saw The Odyssey not once but twice.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, yep, that good. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I loved it you and everybody else, right, everybody's loving it.
Speaker 3: Not that it wasn't flaws, but I loved it. Have you seen it?
Speaker 2: Bones?
Speaker 3: Anybody?
Speaker 2: Samiz?
Speaker 1: Max? No?
Speaker 2: Okay, got it?
Speaker 1: Got it Max? It was epic.
Speaker 2: Watch the Hawk, which we can talk about. I know, I'm sure that you hated it. I don't blame you, but I liked it. But I've got thoughts on that as well.
Speaker 3: You know, lots of stuff, man, get lots of stuff.
Speaker 1: Stuff. Yeah. A couple of football teams report today Hawk.
Speaker 3: Yeah man, let's go, Johnny Bones, it's football season.
Speaker 1: Beata Joe Ryan collapsed yea.
Speaker 3: Like not literally right now?
Speaker 6: No, no, no, he might have been better off literally collapsed.
Speaker 1: Oh no, he joined a very exclusive club. Lesson.
Speaker 3: That's good for him.
Speaker 9: Yeah, not the Canon club.
Speaker 1: Okay, for you like your casino? Oh all right? For paid sports? After this power to a morning show on a fan from the one eight hundred ask Gary Traffic Center. This report is sponsored.
Speaker 7: By Capacity, but the wait list is still allpen make sure to listen to the Power Triper chances to win your way in than be there Friday morning with no registration needed for a live broadcast and a Vegas trip in November with a with the show up for grabs details at campon dot com slash two five.
Speaker 2: Thankzacho. There you go.
Speaker 1: That'll be here before you know it.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, middle of November. Yeah, yeah, whatever, it'll be great weather.
Speaker 1: Right four months away. There won't be one hundred and twenty five out.
Speaker 3: Have you gotten the details yet? The esasso and when? And you and I are going to uh to Vegas.
Speaker 2: In lovely August?
Speaker 1: No, I'm not. I think we're going to get those in the I think sometime this week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got too pretty soon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'll be fun.
Speaker 2: It's the twenty first day of July, for gosh sakes. Yeah, man, can you believe it?
Speaker 3: Abigail will be twenty four?
Speaker 1: Wow in two days? That's nuts? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 1: It's nuts?
Speaker 2: Nuts?
Speaker 3: I know, Johnny Bones, grown up?
Speaker 2: Look at you?
Speaker 1: Yep, Hi gets hi buddy?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Now this something about a hate way to make sure you look forward to football season.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well see you're becoming one of Us One of Us man by Holiday Station Stores.
Speaker 6: Holiday Station Stores presents Front Page Sports. Thanks to Holiday, you can get red Bull three for six fifty for a limited time, mixing mattinew red Bull flavors you want at Holiday, that's right? Well, you want for Red Bull sugar free or something or the regular for sure?
Speaker 1: Yeah, sugar free. Yeah, yeah, they're always ice cold.
Speaker 9: They're also great in Vegas with a little bit of Yah.
Speaker 1: See what you're doing? Yeah, yeah, yeah, what was going on? Holiday? Huck's the only person I know it drinks yag bomb cocktail.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I love them.
Speaker 6: Yeah. He wants to send ninety dollars for one of them. I'll pay it again only in Vegas. That you drink those, You drink those. I drink those egg bombs get the job done though, I haven't done them in a long time. But back in the day, that was a go to Why not, right, what are we wasting our time for it?
Speaker 1: Let's go for it.
Speaker 3: To paraphrase that one blood haired lady, I only drink those.
Speaker 6: One.
Speaker 2: I don't care how I act.
Speaker 1: Exactly one blood lady. Yeah, that one blond lady. I can't remember which one was Martha Stewart. Yeah, that was it. He was crying rualters, faith timing everybody at the Elton John Cuns. How they're talking about Chrissy. No. Yeah, sports, all right, here we go, we go.
Speaker 6: Before the break, you guys mentioned that Joe Ryan joined a club that he didn't want to join. The Twins lost thirteen to four to the Cleveland Guardians and Joe Ryan four innings, ten hits, eight ironed runs. But the part that made it historic he gave up six home runs that ties a Major League Baseball record and set a Twins franchise record.
Speaker 1: The Cleveland franchise record is eight.
Speaker 6: They've done it twice nineteen ninety seven. In two thousand and four, they hit seven.
Speaker 1: For the game. They got at least seven.
Speaker 6: They got to seven, but it was six off of Joe Ryan specifically. So just one shy of their franchise record. And they've been playing baseball, Cleveland has for one hundred and twenty five years.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they this is a critical stretch for the Twins. They got blown out on Sunday. They put their ace on the mound on Tuesday versus there, or versus Monday on Monday versus their division rival, really hoping to get a one tozero lead in a four game series, sort of right the ship. Instead they've he got creamed. And now they means coming out of the All Star break, when they were one game under five hundred, they're now one and three. That puts them three games under five hundred, and suddenly, you know, the optimism we had about the team being buyers at the trade deadline has been put into question as to whether or not they would be buyers or sellers again because three games under five hundred and I think there were four and a half games back of the division when I went to bed last night, and I think there are at least two to two and a half of the wild cards.
Speaker 1: So stay tuned.
Speaker 9: I mean this is they've got let's say twelve games left here I think before the actual trade deadline, and really about nine before they have to make a decision. And they need to go five and four, and that includes includes three more at Cleveland, which has been a house of horror for them, it certainly was last night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they are five back now five back in the division. Yeah, so.
Speaker 2: Let's plenty of baseball play, plenty of baseball to be played.
Speaker 1: Well, there's playing baseball to be played.
Speaker 9: Whether or not it'll be meaningful baseball depends on what happens in the next week and a half.
Speaker 6: Okay, we didn't talk about this yesterday, but we probably should have because look, you know, let's give ourselves two to three hundred thousand years of modern humans and.
Speaker 1: Something called Josh Kerr.
Speaker 6: Theoretically is the fastest we've ever seen, at least to run the mile. Did you see that he broke the record for a mile over the weekend? Believe three minutes forty two point six six sessuales, breaking the previous record by about a half a second.
Speaker 1: But the last time the men's mile.
Speaker 6: Record was broken was nineteen ninety nine, right in the middle of the Limp.
Speaker 1: Biscuit Baby boom.
Speaker 6: But this dude from I don't know, somewhere in the UK.
Speaker 1: He's British.
Speaker 6: Yeah, three minutes forty two point six six seconds. His previous best was three minutes forty five point three four seconds, so he crushed his own personal best by almost three seconds.
Speaker 1: Absolutely flying.
Speaker 6: I don't know if you saw the video, but like when he's coming down the stretch that that stadium was.
Speaker 1: Losing their minds.
Speaker 6: Because I think they realized it was going to be close, and then he got it by half a second. Let's see, if you guys are a history majors, I don't even know how close I would have been on this.
Speaker 1: I might have been ten years off.
Speaker 6: The four minute mile was first crossed by Roger Banister.
Speaker 1: What year.
Speaker 6: Did Roger Banister become the first man to ever be known to run a mile in under four minutes?
Speaker 1: When did he do it?
Speaker 2: Forty eight?
Speaker 1: So like seventy something, seventy two?
Speaker 3: Was it twenty one?
Speaker 1: Sixty nine?
Speaker 6: See again, you guys were all over it, and bonus you were the closest nineteen fifty four.
Speaker 1: There you go, fifty four. Can I ask a dumb question? Sure, it's like four laps around a track, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like a high school and it's a.
Speaker 6: Full out sprint right for four laps? Is there any No, it's not. Well, it's I mean they're running fast. I don't think a human can quote sprint for four straight sure, but it's they're booking.
Speaker 1: They're booking. Yeah, it's a good pace obviously. Okay. It's like, is it cheetahs or whatever.
Speaker 6: It's like the most animals are are designed to maximize their speed for x amount of time and then they just truly run out of energy, just can't do it.
Speaker 1: So that's a I.
Speaker 6: Don't think it's a full quote sprint, but they are booking and it's consistent, right, It's like a consistent pace that they just go unreal.
Speaker 1: So how about that, dude? Man?
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And I guess what I'm saying too is at some point, without scientific engineering, the human body is going to max out and it's like, how much.
Speaker 1: Further can we go? That's a great question. Three minutes and forty two point sixty six seconds.
Speaker 9: So a that is about a thirteen second dash. She's all the way for us.
Speaker 2: Crazy. That's a good way to put it. Pretty cool man. And you said it well, I thought.
Speaker 6: You said it very well. Good math by clearly good. Yeah, yeah, you normally I understood every word. Excellent calculator works the case on the show, it must have much much of the time, I'm like what not that time you said it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm going to look something up quickly.
Speaker 6: While you guys discussed Rhode Island, neither a road nor an Island discussed.
Speaker 1: Do they have for asinos in Rhode Island.
Speaker 2: Who knows, who cares? Why do you need those?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 1: I was just wondering if maybe that's for you and your family ended up.
Speaker 2: Rhode Island is lovely.
Speaker 1: You guys been to Rhde Island? No?
Speaker 6: No, My girls went last year and were disappointed. They felt like they got instagrammed. Oh they have ballet because everything that they saw on Instagram like this looks awesome. It's like the sweet little town. They went to Providence.
Speaker 9: Providence about the mansions.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and they went to a handful of mansions, but over overwhelmingly disappointed. But they also travel a lot, and I think that's part of the journey, is you're not going to love.
Speaker 1: Every place you go. And they were mostly disappointed.
Speaker 9: Where all the New York industrialists in the late eighteen hundreds had their quote unquote cabins and they're all just enormous mansions and they have all been historically preserved, so it's kind of cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not doing this just a crap on women. I'm not a woman.
Speaker 3: Thanks Kenny Chesney.
Speaker 6: I was brilliant inside, Joe, thank you, well done. Just out of curiosity I looked it up. What do you think the fastest ever women's mile is ten minutes.
Speaker 1: I'll see how that was offensive. Oh my god, dude, what the hell? No say three fifty three, three fifty three, four ten?
Speaker 2: I was gonna say four twelve five.
Speaker 1: My god, blaze it Jesus four oh seven point sixty four. They've never four. I have not broken four yet.
Speaker 3: You can't got me.
Speaker 1: The gal that did it is from what's your name? Hawk? She is from Kenya.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes she can.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 6: Sandusky, Sandusky, Ohio, Oh, home of Callahan.
Speaker 1: Break good for them?
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty cool man. It's fun to run. I remember what it was like, good days. Like I've always said, you never know the last time you're gonna run, but someday it's gonna be the last time you ever run full speed.
Speaker 1: Yeah you have you already hit that day?
Speaker 7: I have?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah. Because the knee, Yeah I can.
Speaker 2: I can run, but I can't run like I you know, I always feel like like a cartoon robot like that. If he's running this fasts, he can parts are gonna fly off. That's what I'm worrying. I'm sure I saw what's gonna happen, because my knee is just great, and I left weights and all this stuff. It's gonna be fine, but I was worried that if I try to kick it into my full speed, which is just blazing, my knee is gonna fly off.
Speaker 1: History remembers who did things first? Right, Oh sure, right?
Speaker 6: Like who's the first man to walk on the moon, Sauce, the.
Speaker 1: Armstrong guy, the armstrong guy, allegedly? Who was second? Who was second? That's a question a lot of people, wasn't it.
Speaker 6: Like Cliff Booth, the guy from Once upon a Time in Hollywood.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I haven't even seen that.
Speaker 2: That was wow.
Speaker 6: Roger Banister, Roger Banister, three minutes fifty nine point four seconds, like we just mentioned in May of nineteen fifty four. Yeah, how long did it take the next guy to crack four minutes or to break his record? I should say, who got to three fifty nine point four or under?
Speaker 1: Next? How long did it take?
Speaker 2: It must have been forty years, right, six.
Speaker 6: Months, six months, Sauce, forty years and six months. So far we have a pretty wide range. Sauce the early eighties, the early eighties, Zach, the late eighties.
Speaker 1: Can't believe you didn't guess nineteen sixty nine? Should I? Banister? Did it?
Speaker 6: May sixth, nineteen fifty four, and history remembers Roger Banister, yeah, man, nobody remembers John Landy, who did it in June of that very same year. One month later he ran three minutes fifty eight seconds flat.
Speaker 3: Isn't that weird?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 1: Yep? And nobody cares because he wasn't first humane.
Speaker 2: It's so weird, right, yes, Like, just at some point in the Renaissance we were able to draw and paint pictures right on a flat surface that showed dimensions, yead dimension, and before that we couldn't do it.
Speaker 1: Is that weird? Humanity? So weird?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Just suddenly we're able to do that.
Speaker 6: So he does it a month later, a month and a half later, and then it took three years for somebody to break that. A guy from the UK ran it in three fifty seven point two. So then and then it's been essentially, you know, sixty plus years of just chipping away. Every couple of years, somebody breaks it by point two or point four, and it just keeps getting whittled down. And now we're at three minutes forty two point sixty six seconds. Oh man, man, it hadn't been broken in twenty seven years.
Speaker 1: The last guy that did it was in from Morocco.
Speaker 3: John Love.
Speaker 1: It was John, John Levis, Happy birthday, John Loves. I doubt John, I promise you.
Speaker 6: I don't know much about him, but he has never cracked a four minute miles.
Speaker 1: I don't think he's from Morocco.
Speaker 3: Okay, well check your notes, my what you notes? The pages of it?
Speaker 1: Yo.
Speaker 6: I'll give you ten dollars right now if you tell me who was the second man to crack four minutes in the mile?
Speaker 1: Remember history remembers who did it first.
Speaker 6: I just said his name, but you've already forgotten because he wasn't first.
Speaker 1: You don't care.
Speaker 6: I'll give you ten bucks if you can remember his name first and last, John.
Speaker 1: Size, It was John. It was John. You're halfway there, John, Thanks bond joby Lynn John Glenn.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, that I should have said that before six o'clock. Oh John Landy, Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, poor John History and the Power Trip.
Speaker 6: No not John, mummas, he still is not John King. I think he's working on cracking the four hour mile.
Speaker 1: Oh, buddy, Landy's a good name for a runner, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah sure, yeah, yeah, Watery wouldn't be perfect.
Speaker 1: I mean definitely would have been better if it was Michael Phelps.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, man, that would have been a great last name for him. Michael Wattery.
Speaker 6: Eh, well again, poker. The guy that changed everything was Chris Moneymaker. Yeah, that's right, gotta have a cool name.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And the guy who's the best ever placed s lots got one army?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Matt Miller from ESPN. Oh how about that story? Weird story. It just gets weirder and weirder. Matt Miller was the is the well, I don't know what he's is currently, but he's the draft guy in ESPN and gotten a really bad car accident, and now it's come out that like lost his arm, lost like arm a month or two, they amputated drift, and then it's come out that he is basically he ran like a hundred plus fantasy leagues, some for charity and then to pay.
Speaker 6: People when they won. Might have kept it all, might have kept it all. So he's being investigated in ESPN's I think they put him on lead. Yes, it's not good. It's not good. So the guy loses his arm and people are like, this is not the guy we should have sympathy for.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So everybody came out of the waterworks game. Don't donate to his gopund me, don't give him money. This might be a scam. Are we even sure his arm is gone? Like that's how that's how little people to leave this guy.
Speaker 1: Second that go fund me came out, people are like, well, that guy owes me like four hundred bucks. Like the comments and the GoFundMe, he got destroyed. It should be a terrible situation.
Speaker 6: Right, I loses his arm and everybody's like, man, how can we help this guy? But the sauce nail that everybody was like this is yeah, we need to confirm that this story is even true because I don't trust this guy at all.
Speaker 1: So correct.
Speaker 6: It was the floodgates opportunity to open, and he's been dumped on for like a month straight. He got dwight Yeah, he got dwighted. What a weird story. Yeah, very weird.
Speaker 1: And it's only going to get from a couple of the people I've talked to. It's only gonna get stranger.
Speaker 6: Well, but again, all time greatest slot player matm Mila, Yeah, he's very good.
Speaker 1: We'll do what really matters after this. Scores and stats.
Speaker 6: Around the world of sports and then a crystal change of life with something more interesting. This is the Power Trip Morning Show on the fan Ihard Ringing Music.
Speaker 1: Festival presented by Capitol One. He's coming back to the Lost Fingers September nineteen.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back. Here we are, Hey Odgs, Johnny Bones meets Us, Paul Embert, Corey cove Zach Harrison, We're all here.
Speaker 3: Marns is coming in a little bit rared up about something.
Speaker 2: I'm sure.
Speaker 1: Can I ask you a question? Hans?
Speaker 2: No, sure, you asked me.
Speaker 3: Hold on, go ahead's question? Time to do it?
Speaker 1: How much college football have you played in the last one?
Speaker 2: Well, I've been gone, but I'm I'm looking to get back at it. I created a new player in my own image, and I made myself just horrible. Yeah, I always I don't know why I do.
Speaker 7: Video.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: By the way, you know what, My first what really matters going to involved the television show The Hawk.
Speaker 3: But I wish more of you guys had seen it. I know you've seen it.
Speaker 1: Corey.
Speaker 2: I don't know how many episodes you watched.
Speaker 6: Unfortunately all of them you watched all of them. So we talked about this yesterday with Muss. But I sat down and was locked into episode one because I'm like, I'm gonna give this a shout AT's Will Ferrell. After that, the full attention was gone because I just couldn't stay with it, So it was very passively watched the rest of the way.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, let's do us what really matters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what really matters, you guys.
Speaker 1: Sell by the way, brought to you by OVO, lacyg in Lines, Thanks.
Speaker 6: OVO, doctor Mark logan Up, and doctor David whiteing OVOI dot com. Get your free LASIK exam set up. Let's figure out what's going on with your eyes at OVO.
Speaker 1: Hell. Yeah, man, do you guys see the Ryan Clark story.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so Ryan Clark ESPN's been there for ten twelve years or something like that. He's making it reportedly, a couple of million dollars a year being an NFL analyst. Right, Well, they cut ties with Ryan Clark, and it sounds like there are more ESPN cuts coming. That's not necessarily the news that happens. It happens here, it happens all over.
Speaker 1: Here's where it got weird though.
Speaker 6: So that story came out like, hey, ESPN parts ways with Ryan Clark, and he's a very polarizing guy. It seems like people either really like Ryan Clark or cannot stand it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Right.
Speaker 6: They get started when he started wearing his initials on his clothing. Yeah, and again I'm not a huge fan of that, but I'm not anti Ryan Clark.
Speaker 1: I just don't really care. It was the guy that when Deamar Hamlin collapsed, they went to him in studio and he was outstanding. Him and a couple other people were outstanding in that cover. But he is a polarizing dude.
Speaker 6: The reason why I think the news part of this is interesting is he was let go in the middle of NFL Live. He was told I believe during a commercial break, and then didn't finish the show.
Speaker 1: Who in the sweet hell fires a guy in the middle of a show. You either do it before. Somebody tweeted was so bad they can be into midshows.
Speaker 6: You imagine with like let's say I don't know, let's say it's an hour long show fifteen minutes ago. Hey Ryan, I know we could just wait fifteen minutes, but you are going to be let go but finished strong?
Speaker 1: Buddy? Are you nuts? Here? The news leaked and so they wanted to get it too her.
Speaker 7: Yes before and uh, oh my god. The rest of the layoffs are coming today. They meant to do it today with everybody else, but somebody, somebody at ESPN decided to leak the news that Ryan Clark was on that list.
Speaker 1: Can I ask a unanswerable question about ESPN? Can't wait?
Speaker 2: How's the spelled.
Speaker 1: BMW? Do you think there's a lot of angst, angst excuse me, and hatred for Pat McAfee if you work there, probably, but I hope not, And I don't mean like jealous.
Speaker 6: Right, he's making like sixteen million a year, reportedly sixty they even poss Well, that's what people are saying.
Speaker 1: I think that is what he is. That's insane, and I think he's outstanding. But do you think they're I mean, this is why all these cuts are happening, exactly.
Speaker 7: It is the rights that they have to pay and that they're going to have to pay to the NFL. I mean, they're paying the NFL over two billion a year. They're paying the NBA a similar amount for their right.
Speaker 3: They're paying the w W forty five billion pretty much.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and so and then the NFL they're gonna redo all their rights here coming up soon. So it's the the leagues, man, They're they're taking these networks to the cleaners because they know they can, particularly in the NFL. So yeah, I mean Pat McAfee, that's to me, that's a drop in the bucket that whatever they're paying him compared to what they're having to pay all these all these leagues for the rights for these these sports.
Speaker 1: So that's that's why.
Speaker 6: So more names to follow, I guess at ESPN, Yeah, we'll see it's.
Speaker 1: A third the forty or something like that. Well on an off air hmm, well that's a lot.
Speaker 9: Just I know, Ryan Clary, I guess, is at the peak of what you do. Like he's you know, he's a football analyst who's on ESPN.
Speaker 1: I don't think the higher game show right, still.
Speaker 9: Seems like a lot of money to.
Speaker 1: Pay him, like two mil.
Speaker 9: I mean, I don't know, you don't you don't see that sort of I don't know.
Speaker 6: There and think about you know, when the Diana Resini stories were coming out, she reportedly was making just shy of a.
Speaker 1: Million, was she not?
Speaker 6: So you think of a of a reporter like that for the athletic I would say Ryan Clark has a higher profile job than she does.
Speaker 1: I know a few.
Speaker 9: Reporters for the Athletics. They were not making a million dollars.
Speaker 1: They also weren't sleeping with Mike Rabell allegedly don't know that. We don't know that.
Speaker 6: John Krazinski was here, and he was very uncomfortable. When I brought up the name like Mike Rabil he started blushing.
Speaker 1: Why do you think Gleaman started his own thing?
Speaker 2: Alex Smith drops it like it's hot.
Speaker 1: But yeah, Alex, Alex Smith. But what really matters is this.
Speaker 2: Alex was so eager to say, drop it like it's hot. I said the wrong name.
Speaker 6: Okay, so you were only half watching The Hawk, Well, I mean I watched it, but I honestly I was hate watching it.
Speaker 1: I thought it was so terrible.
Speaker 2: But the first six episodes were okay, it really went it turned left when a guy kind of serious and and.
Speaker 6: Like, It's one of my fifteen problems that I had with it is there were way too many times where I'm like, why is this show even remotely trying to be serious?
Speaker 1: What are they doing?
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 6: You gotta be Penis jokes and let's let's it was basically, I think the plan was, let's make it an R rated version of Happy Gilmour, Right, Let's say anything we want and be as dirty as possible, but turn it into Happy Gilmore. Then you're like, but this is a thirty minute episode. And I kind of laughed once. That's not a good rate for a will fare All comedy.
Speaker 2: First five or six I laughed more than that. But from then on it's been not so much. I haven't finished it yet, but you're not missing much. But how many he was wearing a lady's shirt. Yep, it was like, and his name's the Hawk. Obviously there were so many things. How about what overlaps with you shirt?
Speaker 1: What is X?
Speaker 2: Wife yels at him? He gets a boner? I mean, I mean, come on, how great was that? I was like, Oh, I'm in trouble if they watched this show. There's so many things. When he wins, when he wins that golf tournament, he gets a bonery. It can't stand up because he didn't want to see his boner anytime his wife ex wife yells at him, which is Molly Shannon, Molly Shannon, he's a boner. It's great, And I thought fortune Thiemeshir was great. She stole the show for the first five episodes. She was really good.
Speaker 1: She had a handful of moments. Yeah sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: On paper, it should have been an absolute home run. Yeah, it really. Will Ferrerow, Molly Shannon, Chris Parnell like just super funny people, but like Parnell's character got super old super fast. Yeah. Luke Wilson's bit did nothing for me. Like, that wasn't good at all. It's like, what are we doing here? On paper, that should have been a home run, yep, which is why I watched it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she said this morning too.
Speaker 1: Men.
Speaker 2: I think he's right.
Speaker 3: If it had been like an hour and a half movie, it might have been great.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That was a review we read yesterday.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well you could have just focused in and condensed jokes. I don't know who decided to make it a five hour, ten episode fiasco.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fiasco. Good word? Man?
Speaker 9: Were they trying for sort of a Ted Lasso kind of thing?
Speaker 1: No, if you go from.
Speaker 9: Comedy tour, no, no, tur it's serious.
Speaker 6: No, because the seriousness is still layered with dirty jokes. It never it was just like a father son relationship kind of gone south, got it?
Speaker 1: Just how many times have we seen.
Speaker 6: Will Ferrell Blooper reels and you go, this guy just improvs and the whole room laughs no matter what he says. So the fact that they had five hours combined to riff as much as they want or write as many jokes as they want, and to have a joke rate of about one every twenty to twenty five minutes, like Sauce is at a higher rate than that.
Speaker 1: Oh thanks, man, You're welcome. It's the nicest thing you've ever said about.
Speaker 6: Top five likes you more than anybody else. I like you more than I liked that show. That's not high standards, No, but I didn't say how much more. Maybe maybe I like you a lot more than that show. Yeah, nobody loves hawk more than I do, though.
Speaker 2: That's what you said, yeap.
Speaker 1: Just how many times though?
Speaker 6: It did it feel exactly like happy Gill? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah you have You have.
Speaker 6: The older black Caddy that dies almost immediately, and it felt like Chubbs all over again. Not that Chubbs was a true Caddy, but you know what I'm saying, like a mentor. Then you had the guy that wants him kicked off the tour. Ye no, you have him fighting for money from like tours stopped his tours. It just felt like this is a R rated version of Happy Gilmore with without jokes.
Speaker 2: I thought the same thing, and again he was with him a couple guys like when you hit the old lady and the head of the golf ball in Fortune, Freame Street yelled, atter that funny. You know, there were moments that really made me laugh out loud, but man, it just I kept I was like, oh, don't go there, don't what are you doing.
Speaker 6: Max made a really good point yesterday when I said, I said, in the entire run of the show, I laughed really hard once, and he goes, what was it about? And I go, I don't remember, And I still can't. I don't remember what got me once really to like, all right, that was good. That's not good if I can't even remember what made me laugh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's thirty percent on rotten to.
Speaker 6: Me, and that is that means epic failure, right, because anything under like eighty percent for TV shows means that it's missing, well, even means it's universally hated.
Speaker 1: In the Line of Fire, the new NBC show that comes out on.
Speaker 2: You were talking about Yeah, I can't wait.
Speaker 1: That's like eighty rs set.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my VCR tape set for what you actually tape. I don't want to mess it up, so I have DVR and an OVCR tape set. Good for you, excited?
Speaker 6: I wonder if Netflix just says we can't run this back with another season. We can't, even though maybe they have a contract, maybe it's.
Speaker 2: Maybe a three season. Just because it's not well ready doesn't mean people aren't watching it.
Speaker 1: That's a good point as well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because they have that giant deal with Sandler, and a handful of those Sandler Netflix movies have been destroyed.
Speaker 1: By critics miss a zero zero percent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you watched all ten episodes and you hated it.
Speaker 1: As far as that's a great point, that's a great point. It doesn't know that. I was like, Jesus, why am I still sticking with this? It's because everything we just said.
Speaker 6: I love Will Ferrell, love Molly Shannon, love Chris Parnell, Like that's my that's my youth, right the late nineties SNL people. Marnie's driving in right now, right, Molly Shannon's her goat right, Yeah, I can't even imagine she would like this show, but you never know. Maybe we'll ask her in twenty minutes. Maybe she watched it because of Molly Shannon. More of what really matters after this power to morning show on the fan from the one eight hundred ask Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 1: This report is sponsored by Staples.
Speaker 7: Cafe and welcome some great shows to Mystic Lake Amphitheater. Guns N' Roses will be there August eighth, Motley Crue on August twenty first, Santana and The Deobie Brothers on August twenty seventh. At the complete details and all of our upcoming shows in the concert page at Cafe dot com or calendar.
Speaker 1: That's right, that Amphitheater. Sweet man, How.
Speaker 3: Was that show, by the way, I'm talking about awesome?
Speaker 6: Yeah, not for the reasons that I would normally think of. Show is awesome because three to eleven set list was fifteen or sixteen songs that were just the singles.
Speaker 3: So they opened the show right, Yeah, it's first.
Speaker 6: It's a co headlining tour and this this stop because they're not that big in this market. Yeah, yeah, they opened and they just played the hits. So if you have never seen them, you probably are like wow, that was just hit after hit after hit.
Speaker 1: So but somebody that's.
Speaker 6: Seen him sixty times, I'm like, this is not my favorite set list.
Speaker 1: This is no deep cuts.
Speaker 6: But to be honest, I didn't go there for the set list. I wanted to see the new amphitheater and super impressed. Stage was awesome, sound was great, sight lines are great, Accessibility is awesome. Right, there's a million places to get drinks and food and merch, and I thought it was awesome. I can see that that place moving forward is going to be a staple in the Twin Cities scene when it comes to music.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be awesome. But it was super cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, great place.
Speaker 1: I'm going tomorrow. Oh really, who's tomorrow? Five second of Summer? Or is it was five Sauce? Right? Is that what you called them? Aday five sauce? Yea.
Speaker 2: Abigail's going to that as well. Oh really, yeah, she's excited.
Speaker 6: Maybe you guys have seats next to each other. We'll find out tomorrow. I'm going to see the Dave Matthews band there. Yeah, you reconsidered when they got postponed, so you weren't going to go to your original tickets?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: And then you sold them. Yeah, because you're like, I don't want to go. I'm having a moment.
Speaker 1: Yep. But now it's what, you know, a month or change, end of August or something.
Speaker 6: You're going eight night and you're going, yes, I got my tickets yesterday. Yeah, And the Monday night factor was part of the reason you didn't want to go in the first place.
Speaker 3: The new me, though, there's a new version of what happened.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Ye the old sauce was five sauce. This is ten sauce. Yeah, this is ten sauce. Yeah, yeah, it's the new me. I'm gonna go. I'm excited. I love that band. I've you know, there is that one thing you can get in your car where you can listen to other radios, and there's a Dave Matthews band channel. And I listened to that satellite radio and are correct and it's non stop Dave's And I'm like, I gotta go. I have to go see it.
Speaker 2: You get sick of it again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a month and a half away. The night before that Monday, I'm going to walk in and go hawk. What am I doing? Why am I going? Right? But yeah, as of now, I gotta find parking. But yeah, as of now, I'm going.
Speaker 6: And by the way, just to clear up some confusion about the parking because remember Chris, when you played there, people were debating because that was the opening weekend, people were debating, how do parking work. I think this is the case for all shows. I hope it's not just the three eleven show. But there is Premiere parking if you want the best spots to be able to get access to get in and out first and fastest, right, But there is general parking that is absolutely free. I didn't pay a dime to park at the Ampatheater, so yeah, there's a giant lot attached to it.
Speaker 2: How far was it was? The walk?
Speaker 1: Oh thirty seconds? Super short?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so, but I think the idea is for a more sold show like Dave, premiere parking is going to get you out of there faster instead of theoretically.
Speaker 1: Maybe waiting for an hour to get out of the parking lot. I think that's the idea that you're told or out. Yeah, for sure that was the idea.
Speaker 7: But I think I read in the Start Tribune review of the place that they had two writers go there and one of them parked in premiere One of them parked in like the general parking, and the guy in the general parking basically got out before the premiere.
Speaker 1: Well we're going to pull a hawk and leave right before there? Why oh, why cause I got to beat traffic right hog steady, listen, I wouldn't go. But what we've seen that before. Okay?
Speaker 3: What if he writes a new song called meat Saucer my love.
Speaker 1: Man, you know me if it's about me, I'm in yeah.
Speaker 3: But you're in the car driving home.
Speaker 6: What if somebody what if somebody tells Dave Matthews like Nick Wartson. What if Nick Wartson goes, hey, by the way, there's like a ninety nine percent chance, my friend Paul's there. He's seen you guys like forty something times. He loves you guys. Could you just give him a shout out? And you're in the parking lot leaving and Dave Matthews is like, I first wanted to shower, and then he's like he he goes on for like five minutes about how your support in the love of the Dave Matthews Band over all these years.
Speaker 1: Warms his heart and he's.
Speaker 6: Actually listening to the podcast and he thought you were good on the radio, and he just is like, Paul, raised your hand. I just want to acknowledge you. I'd like to meet And the whole crowd is scanning for you, and they're looking for you.
Speaker 2: He was just here. I just saw him.
Speaker 6: He's gonna call you up on stage because he wants to give you a giant ovation and a big hug and say like, hey, congratulations, here's my guitar. Thanks for all the support. And you're already halfway out of Shakapye.
Speaker 2: And we've got a bunch for you on the bus. You're coming with us to the next show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you're in luck.
Speaker 2: They went that away.
Speaker 1: You left a couple of things. If Dave Matthews brought me up, like talked about me on stage, I'd start smoking again because I'd be so aroused. Yeah, arousal causes you to well, I'd want to have a cigarette to have finish. I'm looking for any excuse to smoke again. But yeah, that would be devastating. But you know what, because everything's recorded, I'd find a way to find the recording of it and it would just be as satisfying.
Speaker 6: But what if Dave basically rips you then because he's like, wait, wait, wait a minute, how.
Speaker 1: Much support does this guy really give if.
Speaker 2: He left so broken hard? That is what he's been told is his biggest fan just couldn't stay for the whole show. He's like, I got to reassess everything I'm doing in my life. He becomes a firefighter.
Speaker 6: What if he's about to give you a plaque for like your fiftieth show, Thanks Paul for fifty shows all.
Speaker 1: Over the Great bitch the United States of America.
Speaker 6: He waited to have an end, yeah, because he's like, well, obviously my biggest fan is going to stick around for the OnCore and he's.
Speaker 2: Afraid you parked and didn't you know you ubered or something. Don't you know how quickly he got in there because you walk slow.
Speaker 6: He knows that about it, and he basically goes ben stein on you goes bueller.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What if he cries and there's.
Speaker 6: One one Yeah, he just can't see because everybody else stayed, But there's one seat and there's like the dust in the wind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that must have been they covered the Kansas.
Speaker 2: That's right, it'll be a good finish. Yeah, it was going to be in your name.
Speaker 6: It's going to be for you, and they were gonna play just Another Day by John Soicata and Socicata was gonna cameo and jump on stage work guest appearance.
Speaker 3: And Tesla's there too, but don't leave. They're just watching.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're.
Speaker 3: We're doing this to him, not me.
Speaker 1: Did you see Tesla in Vegas?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're great.
Speaker 1: You don't have to say the band. But wasn't there a bandy saw? The main guy just didn't have.
Speaker 2: He was just he he had just had surgery like ten minutes before.
Speaker 1: Okay, hang on real quick. This is completely out of left field.
Speaker 6: But again, this is how Instagram works, right, once in a while if something hits my algorithm and I'm like, give it hell, Frankie Valley, Right, oh boy, still with us?
Speaker 1: Sure, I'm sure kind of.
Speaker 6: There was a video that I saw on Instagram a couple of days ago. He looks like the Walking Dead. He looks like a wax. Yeah, his eyes are so open. It's like he looks lost.
Speaker 1: And confused but dot.
Speaker 6: But there was a clip of him singing Sherry and he freaking nailed it.
Speaker 1: It's like, how do you still hit those guy's like a billion years.
Speaker 6: Old, doesn't look like he has any idea what planet he's on, but they give him a microphone and he's like sha, and he nails every freaking note.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable.
Speaker 1: I'm like, look at this guy, how old is he saw us? I think it's I don't think he's singing. Oh is that the case? Because there's not the one video the one video went viral. Is the microphone is barely up to his face.
Speaker 6: That if that's the case, that breaks my heart because I was like, man, I was so impressed that he still had it. Yeah, I think, come on, is he really.
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: That's I never know it could be him.
Speaker 1: I don't know somebody that has seen the video.
Speaker 6: It looked like it was kind of viral, relatively viral, at least for Frankie Valley. If somebody has seen the video that I'm talking about and can verify whether or not it's lip SYNCD or a recording or if he actually saying it, let me know, because I want to be that impressed because he truly seemed to nail it.
Speaker 10: Look at that dude, still there, still getting In nineteen thirty four, he was born in Newark, New Jersey.
Speaker 2: He's one of the Jersey Boys. That's what the movies about, are the plays about?
Speaker 1: Right, Hey, look you know I'm not I'm not judging. I'm just reading.
Speaker 6: The guy's ninety two, got married in nineteen fifth, divorce in nineteen seventy one, remarried in seventy four. Ye divorce in eighty two, remarried in eighty four, divorced in two thousand and four.
Speaker 1: He's ninety two years old. The last time he was married twenty twenty three.
Speaker 6: I don't know about you, Frankie Valley, but if I'm eighty nine years old, I am going to be a bachelor the rest of the way. Right, My married days are over at eighty nine, he finally found her.
Speaker 1: Just took him eighty nine years and three misses in front of that. But what really matters is this.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right, I forgot we were doing that.
Speaker 1: We did twenty minutes on.
Speaker 6: Why isn't Doss going to stick around.
Speaker 1: For the full day? Matthew Show.
Speaker 2: I still feel bad for Dave, Yeah, I do. Two is it is National jump food Day?
Speaker 8: Today's national day is better than your birthday, better than the fourth of July, even better than Christmas. Is National junk Food Day. It's a one day pass from sensible eating. So go ahead, eat the burger, load up on fries, chips, how about some pizza, and then move on to dessert because it's a national day and you need to support that, but do stay within some control as National and Acid Day isn't until December thirtieth.
Speaker 2: I'm pre Tennis.
Speaker 6: He's not even news stories anymore at this point, She's just reading her diary.
Speaker 1: We've done so many stories the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 6: It just seems like it seems like Bree Tennis wants to talk about what she likes. Yes, today she wants to eat youngk food, and she basically just told us it's okay to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, go ahead, That's what she said to herself.
Speaker 6: In the mirror before she just hammered a half a stack of pringles.
Speaker 1: That's sustice.
Speaker 2: You couldn't eat a half stack of pringles.
Speaker 1: I don't think I could.
Speaker 2: Think you could.
Speaker 1: Oh I bet you could. Who could not eat half a stack of pringle? That's easy?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, although again stacks are better.
Speaker 2: It's hard to eat right now that boil bear, look at him.
Speaker 1: You're wasting away. I am man I'm down almost twenty five pounds.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Then yeah, he used to be.
Speaker 3: My big burrito.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you were my little spoon Berg. Dave Matthews isn't even gonna recognize you.
Speaker 6: It's gonna be like, uh, and we've seen this dude here like forty five, forty six times, but it looks like he's gone, and it's going to be like song.
Speaker 10: Number four, yeah, and you're going to be there. He just want song number two I've never played before.
Speaker 1: That would be sweet. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I've asked my good pal, uh it's a phils very tow boy once if he could make.
Speaker 1: A call for him, Nick Schartzen, and he said he did and they were leaving immediately after. Oh, and I've never asked again because I feel bad. That's why.
Speaker 3: That's not why famous friends, man.
Speaker 1: That's not why I'm friends with which is so cool because because Nick doesn't FaceTime to keep in front of me, but he doesn't know the guy from three to eleven as well.
Speaker 6: And he hooked us up and we got to meet three eleven in Vegas because of Nick Schwartz the cruise with him, yea, yeah right, yeah, what you said was complete debacle. Oh, well, it's just it's a billion stoners on the boat with nowhere to go and nothing to do but.
Speaker 7: Take me down.
Speaker 1: Happy birthday? Does he know?
Speaker 3: Take me down a faster pussy Cat?
Speaker 6: Do you think I thought Chris was trying to pronounce Tame and paula me.
Speaker 3: Down singer faster pussy Cat?
Speaker 1: Craig Gas does.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Wait, is it his birthday or is that just the name off the top of your head?
Speaker 1: He likes that band.
Speaker 2: That's off the air.
Speaker 4: Though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good three days of my life right there.
Speaker 1: Even Bonus groaned, O, God, Bonus loves anything. Okay, all right, we got through it.
Speaker 6: Marty's here, John Bonus is here, Marnie's walking in right now. We'll do the news in a second.
Speaker 1: This is the Powers of Morning Show on the Fan from the one eight hundred ASK Gary Traffic Center. This report is sponsored by Northern Tool