Speaker 1: Happy New Year.
Speaker 2: Will be the first thing that I said on the radio this year. Happy new And I think that's appropriate because you know, it's weird though, because there's a lot of people that are not working today because it's that weird kind of an orphaned day is the day that nobody wants. Well that's not that I shouldn't say orphans are not wanted. I would say, well canceled already, here we go.
Speaker 1: First thing.
Speaker 2: It is that day that is kind of like anyway working today. There's a few cars in the parking garage.
Speaker 1: There are cars, yes, but there's no other one out there really, just us. Everyone's working. Bailey and I pulled up and we were like, oh, this is kind of awkward.
Speaker 2: No one else here, there's no If you're up and you're working or doing whatever, a shout out to anybody. Somebody just texted said they're on their way home from the airport.
Speaker 1: Wow. They were on the they were on the Red Eye.
Speaker 2: Wow. I hope you had a great Christmas. I hope you had a great New Year. We had a wonderful, relaxing, football saturated week. We watched so much football, We saw a bunch of movies, we played I don't know.
Speaker 1: We played games. It was good. Did you watch the snoop halftime? No? I did not. I know, really it was good. I think it was busy doing something else.
Speaker 2: I didn't deliberately miss snoopap to half time, but I think I was busy doing something else.
Speaker 1: Good it was.
Speaker 3: I made everyone shut up while we were opening presents so we could watch it.
Speaker 1: That's the only part of the watch. Did he do the halftime show a time? The game I think was like a three three thirty game on Christmas? Yeah, that sounds right. Yeah, so it would have been probably like five ish or something, wait until five pm. Open gifts we do.
Speaker 3: On Christmas Day. We do extended family stuff all day with like my mom's side, and when they leave, then we opened gifts with my mom's side. We do gifts on my dad's sign on Christmas Eve.
Speaker 1: Got cha?
Speaker 2: SA late festivities, Yeah, gotcha. Let's talk about it or the holiday. You did the same thing as we did. It took a ton of pictures, So we post ours online and we say these are our weekend or holiday in five or whatever pictures. So we're all signed to pick a favorite picture and tell the story behind it. I think ours was probably. We went downtown. Carson found a holiday market at Dayton's, the old Dayton Store, and it's like kind of a maker's market and it's just really cool. So on the way there, we stopped at the Mary Tyler Moore statue and I had to explain to him why there's this lady throwing her hat in the air on Nicolt Maul.
Speaker 1: He didn't know.
Speaker 2: Oh, he has no idea. No, he doesn't know who Mary Tyler Moore is. He doesn't know, he's never heard of the TV show. So I tried to explain to a very disinterested Carson why there's a statue there. Uh, couldn't care. Last anyway, we got our picture taken next to the MTM statue, and that is my probably my favorite picture of all the pictures that are online. You can see him on Dave ryanshow dot com or on Instagram Dave Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: I would say my favorite picture because as a story behind it is the very first one online because of this is my aunt with her very very heavy wine poor on Christmas Eve. That woman was hammered and like she's not she likes to joke.
Speaker 1: Damn, that is a heavy wine.
Speaker 2: Pe.
Speaker 3: She likes to drink, however, she doesn't normally drink like she's not usually drunk around us. But she has a daughter that is just an absolute nightmare. Just got out of jail.
Speaker 1: All that good?
Speaker 2: Her daughter, your a is also single? No ring on the ring finger? Is she available?
Speaker 1: No, she has to bring on a ring for it. Are you right? You're right? Her husband is not doing well.
Speaker 3: They had to leave, well, her daughter left to go take care of him because he was falling out of bed.
Speaker 1: He's basically on hospice.
Speaker 3: He's like twenty years older than her, so his health has been declined for some time. But my aunt was absolutely hammered and honestly was the full entertainment.
Speaker 1: At Yeah, dang, I love it. Well, it doesn't really matter what my favorite pick is.
Speaker 4: Because the only pick anyone cares about is hard launch of regular guy who is in my weekend in a handful of pictures. Oh my god, petting my cat so hard launch baby, hard lunch.
Speaker 2: So that's kind of like when you are now open with this guy and there he is. He's he's a good looking guy.
Speaker 4: Well, I tried to pick one that was like the side of his face be a little bit mysterious still is.
Speaker 1: He Did you inform him he was being hard launch?
Speaker 4: Yes, well he once he knew he was being hard launch, then he wanted to get uh got dates.
Speaker 1: No, he wanted like updates of like what are people saying? Are they do people like me? What are they saying?
Speaker 4: And I'll be like, oh, someone says you're cute and goes, oh, well, no, what are they saying?
Speaker 2: Check out Bailey's hard launch of Regular Guy on Dave Ryan Show on Instagram.
Speaker 5: But my favorite picture is probably our Ava Girley. She's our puppy and we got my grandma got her a Grinch sweater, So it was I think Christmas Eve was the day we did this, sitting on the couch watching The Grinch, and I also had hot take never seen the Grinch and it all low key was like it for me maybe because I'm watching it for the first time as an adult, so the charm didn't hit.
Speaker 1: But it's just cute because she's just sitting at chilling on the couch with me.
Speaker 2: Ah yes, oh that's adorable. Check out the Weekend in five photos. I hope he had some good, good pictures over the Christmas break, which is still in effect for a lot of people except for us. Let us know why in the world you are up at six twelve on what a day. You should still be sleeping. And maybe you got to work today. Maybe you're an emt and you don't get the day off. Maybe you are a doctor, or maybe you whatever garbage truck. I'm not sure. Send me a text at KTWDB one. What are we doing when we come back.
Speaker 3: Jenny, Well, we are still doing War of the Roses because we always do War the Roses on Friday morning.
Speaker 2: Friday doesn't seem like a Friday. It seems like an unknown day of the week. Could be a Tuesday.
Speaker 1: For all we know.
Speaker 2: War of the Roses comes up in a little bit. Stay right here text if you need us, text and let us know why you're up at KDWB.
Speaker 1: One piece of advice.
Speaker 4: Your social company would never offer you free flowers for a survey.
Speaker 1: It's War of the Roses.
Speaker 2: On kt w B, James is on the phone for War of the Roses. He thinks that his wife Emma might be up to something. See if you think this adds up to anything suspicious. Good morning, James, Hey, good morning. Tell me what's going on with Emma. That makes you think, Okay, I need to trapper and see what's up on War of the Roses.
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 6: All right? So I worked at this fancy restaurant on weekends. Can I say the name of the restaurant? Is that cloud?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Sure? Why not? Okay, Okay, we'll bleep it out.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter, Okay, all right, So you work at you work at this restaurant, nice upscale restaurant.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: So I worked there every weekend. And my wife, Emma, she has a kid from a previous marriage. So every other weekend, the kids with us, and then you know, the off weegainds with her dad. Yeah, so basically every.
Speaker 7: Weekend lately, when her kid's not with us, my.
Speaker 6: Wife has been getting really dressed up, like really dolled up to go out. And on the weekends when the kid's with us, she's not, you know, obviously not getting dresed up to go out like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's on the couch and soft pants and eating popcorn and watching Disney movies.
Speaker 1: Right, okay, gotcha.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but when you're what, you're at work, and when she's free, she's getting dressed up.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like really dressed up like when we first met, dressed up.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right?
Speaker 6: And uh and so I'm starting to think maybe she's she's going out with somebody while I'm at work.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: Now, I asked her, like, why you know she was getting all, you know, dolled up to go out, and she says she was going out with her friend Marie. I remember she's gone out with Marie in the past plenty of times and not gotten quite that done up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you think that when you're gone, there's no kid at the house, she's going out, but maybe not with Marie.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I kind of got a feeling that.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's weird for sure. But this is my question, why wouldn't she hide that? I mean, if she's going out with somebody she shouldn't be seeing, she would not get dressed up in front of you.
Speaker 1: That's too.
Speaker 7: Do you think she hasn't she hasn't actually.
Speaker 6: Been dressed up. I saw what happened was I saw pictures on in on her Instagram page. Okay, I she never got she didn't get dressed up in front of me, and that makes me even more suspicious. Like I saw pictures of them out and I was like, geez, like not them, but like I saw a picture of her dressed up out and I was like, that's really you know, like, okay.
Speaker 2: So when you leave, she's wearing the soft pants and she's company and got like, you know, a T shirt on or maybe she's whatever. But then you don't know that she's when you get back home, she's also you know, like already in bed or whatever.
Speaker 1: So but she's getting dressed up. I don't know, yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Basically I kind of I didn't catch her, but like she and then she hasn't really posted pictures of weekends since then, you know that one. I was like, I don't know, it just something feels off.
Speaker 1: I will tell you know.
Speaker 2: I kind of related in a little bit because years ago, Julie Chase's mom would be like, yeah, you know what, I'm going to go out with Linda this weekend, and I'm like, I don't like Linda.
Speaker 1: Linda is a party girl. And so Julie was going out with Linda.
Speaker 2: She really was with Linda, but they were hooking up with baseball players because that's where they had spring training, is in Phoenix, and so Julie would go to the bars in Scottsdale and meet baseball players and then make out with them in her car. So never trust somebody who's going out with a friend. That's what I would say. Never trust somebody who's going out what that's unfair.
Speaker 3: I do have one question though, if she were to be going out with Marie.
Speaker 1: Is Marie single?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Marie's single, But I don't know, Like that never really bothered me before. I never had any reason to think anything was happening, you know, like when she used to go out with Marie. Other times they would post pictures of the two of them out and it was like, whatever, I don't I don't care. I wanted her to have fun, see your friends, you know, I think that's important.
Speaker 2: So okay, well here's what we can do with me before No, and I got it, because you know what, it is kind of weird for somebody to like get really dressed up to go out with their friend, but it maybe depends on where they're going. Okay, so we do have I mean, when Jenny calls to offer, like you know, we we don't do roses. To send it from a woman, you can, but we don't. We usually say, well, we got a couples out and you want to go pottery throwing or glass blowing or axe throwing or whatever.
Speaker 1: But what about this one. How about Jenny.
Speaker 2: You offer a dinner for her to go out with anybody she wants to, and then when she accepts it, if she does accept it, then you say, oh, it's going.
Speaker 1: To be at at which is the same place where James works.
Speaker 2: Okay, So then if she kind of like, you know, like then she gets freaked out, like I don't want to go to because people know me there, then maybe that'll give something away. All right, hang on, we'll set the trap and see what happens next on War of the Roses. Stay right there, okay.
Speaker 1: And now the dramatica clue of War the Roses. Well, I'm one on one point three KDWB. Here's the situation.
Speaker 2: Basically, the guy's calling saying that he works on weekends at an upscale restaurant. It's one you've heard of. But I don't want to drag them through this and have them be like, oh, so this is the problem. So he works at an upscale restaurant on weekends where he's going to go and make a lot of money. Good for him. She stays home with her kid. It's not his kid, but they have a daughter and it's her daughter. But he's like whatever. But when the kid is with dad, she goes out sometimes, and lately she's been getting more dressed up. He's like, why are you getting dressed up? He's like, I'm just going out with Marine. Well, why do you need to get dressed up for Marine? Because I guess Marie and herb never really didn't get dressed up. So now he's like, Okay, why all of a sudden you getting dressed up. I'm looking at text messages. This one says when I go my friends, the only thing my husband worries about is how much money I'm going to spend on poll tabs. Yep. The other one says this text that Katie WB one she's definitely hiding her weekend activities. It doesn't mean she is cheating. It just means she wants to have space to have fun. And I think that might be true. But let's make the phone call to her with a little bit of a twist to.
Speaker 1: See who she chooses on War of the Roses. Thanks for doing that with us, Emma.
Speaker 3: Like I said, I do have a dinner out for two to give you for taking a time. What I need from you first is the name of whoever you're gonna bring for your plus one.
Speaker 5: Okay, gon be me my name, and then the other person connder is Matt.
Speaker 1: Okay, got that down, awesome.
Speaker 3: So I'm just gonna have to figure out a good date for you. You're going to be going to which is such a fun place downtown? So do you have like a date you think that'll work for you guys to go?
Speaker 2: Is there any way that if you get like a different restaurant or did you guys off just the one?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, We've always partnered with before for this, so it really is only it's I mean, it's a really great restaurant.
Speaker 1: I know you'll have a great time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm just gonna pass.
Speaker 1: Then that's okay.
Speaker 7: You know you don't have to send me any kind of like gift card or whatever.
Speaker 2: That's interesting. Yeah, let let me tell you a couple of other interesting things here. This is Dave over at Katie WB and we're kind of listening into this whole conversation and we're curious. I'm a personal question. Is it because you were going to go out with Matt? But it's the restaurant your husband works at. So now that doesn't work very well anymore. The reason I ask is because James put us up to this to call you to see Yeah, he's he's listening right now, because he was wondering why you're getting dressed up to go out with Marie and you've never done that before, so he was just curious. And it sounds like that you were interested in going to dinner with Matt until you found out it's at your husband's restaurant.
Speaker 7: This is something I'm gonna talk to my husband about.
Speaker 1: Well, you can talk to him right now. He's on the phone.
Speaker 6: He's on the phone right now, Yeah him. Oh okay, I don't want.
Speaker 1: To talk about this on the phone.
Speaker 6: Can we just please.
Speaker 7: Talk about this when I get home, talk about it together.
Speaker 6: You know what, I'm not.
Speaker 7: Even sure I want to talk about it at all, Honestly, I don't. I don't know there's much to talk about. You know. This whole thing felt really pushes me and I didn't buy it, and we just can't.
Speaker 8: Talk about this at home.
Speaker 6: Whatever. This is a whole setup.
Speaker 7: It sounded like I don't know too, could be true or something.
Speaker 6: I just won't talk to you about this in private.
Speaker 1: I don't want to do this. You know what's funny is it really was too good to be true. I mean, she was definitely right about that.
Speaker 2: If she said it sounded fishy, she's one hundred percent intuitively right because it was absolutely a set up. But I think she fell for it. If you think it's a scam, then don't participate.
Speaker 1: Then why would you say, Matt exactly right, Bailey.
Speaker 2: And that's the funny thing is like there's somebody who poses as me on Facebook and post like tags people or comments and says, hey, you won daily Contest prize prize prize one thousand dollars, be yours happily, and it's like the worst not it's the worst non native English speaker writer of all time. And people look at it and go, Okay, is that real? Did you really just say happy happy prize prize? And I'm like, no, that's really not me. So if you smell a rat when somebody calls you, hang up because it's me and Jenny. Yeah, oh my god that I hear that song on Christmas Day over and over because the girls they're three and five, they got little dolls from K pop Demon Hunters and when you push the button on the back, and it was cute at first, but after a while I was like, okay, girls, no more of that.
Speaker 1: No more.
Speaker 2: The toy's broken when you're right, when you're three and five, it's constantly entertaining.
Speaker 1: For going up. No, no, no.
Speaker 5: It's good to know though, that they still make toys that have a button and makes phrases and songs and stuff, because kids all these days they play with iPads, tablets, electronics somebody they still do like plush He's and macro figures.
Speaker 1: They do constantly. All right, let's get into this one. Kd W B Dude.
Speaker 2: Four by the way, Major announcement about my life coming up Monday morning at seven twenty. Major announcement about me and Dave Ryan Monday morning, seven twenty. Write it down, Jenny, Okay, write it on Monday morning, seven twenty. Major announcement about my life. Now, you probably don't care. If you've never listened to the show before, you're probably like, I don't even know your name?
Speaker 1: Is it Doug? You know it's Dave.
Speaker 2: Major announcement about my life coming up on Monday morning, seven twenty.
Speaker 1: Doug Ryan in the morning.
Speaker 2: Yes, all the time. I'll give you something you can't make up. We're working on a day when nobody else is working. There's a few people that are working. Shout out to anybody else who is stuck going into work today. We love our jobs. But here's one, Trista says. I'm up early, going to work at Walmart. I picked up a shift for a friend at work whose mom is in the hospital so she could go see her. A Laura, I hope your mom is okay. Another one I'm going to work this morning is a nurse first day back from maternity leave, feeling all the emotions. Happy Friday, love your show, Thank you for being Oh that's worse.
Speaker 5: I think, why what us going back just after a week some change? You're going back on this Friday after what how many months of maternity?
Speaker 1: God bless you're really about three months of maternity leaves? Oh you will have to work one day. Wow. Here's another one. I gotta work today.
Speaker 2: I'm a zoo keeper go into a hockey tournament. That is from Kelly, So thanks for being up and listening. I'm up and I'm on my way to Lando Lakes Kennel Club Dog show at the River Center. Here's when I'm up this morning working as a flight instructor. Dave knows the grind, working on short field landings with my student up at Anoka and then maybe go down to Saint Paul and flying clouds.
Speaker 1: So cool. Yeah, I love the different walks of life. To listen to yee keeper nurse light person. Thanks for that. I appreciate that. Here's when that says.
Speaker 2: I'm on my way home from my night shift, excited to hear you guys on the air this morning from Brian. Thank you, Brian. It means a lot that you guys text in and let us know. All right, here's what you can't make up. I got top news story headlines from twenty twenty five. These are you can't make these up. These are news headlines from the past year. We don't need to drink less soda, according to research funded by funded by Coca Cola, bald Man calls for Hollywood to stop portraying the bald as evil. Oh okay, there is no internet censorship in China, says China's China's top censor. Another one, a guy named Bud Wiser, was arrested for trespassing the Budweiser Brewery, bud Wiser button property. Another one fire extinguisher factory destroyed in massive blaze.
Speaker 1: Jeez, true story. They weren't prepared.
Speaker 2: Man spends seventy one thousand dollars fighting a one nighty dollars speeding ticket. Wow is seems Comcast apologizes after a customer's name shows up as a hole on a bill. American Airlines are introducing the class below economy.
Speaker 1: I mean, what is it? A set on the roof of the year either strapped on top.
Speaker 2: Female named hurricanes kill more than male hurricanes because people don't respect them.
Speaker 1: So if there's go ahead.
Speaker 5: Now, I was gonna ask, don't they name them because of like I guess how bad, or like I guess the winds or something.
Speaker 2: No, Alphabetically, they used to only name hurricanes women names, so they start every season with a so it might be Alice and then Beatrice and then Canvas or whatever. But then people said, Okay, why aren't they male names in there, so it'll be like Adam, Beatrice, Carl, all that.
Speaker 7: Type of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what have they ever gotten to like? Z? You know that's a good question. I don't think so. Yeah, I ever heard of like an h Yeah, that.
Speaker 2: Would be a rough hurricane season. Again they named them in advance hurricanes. Those are some headlines from the past year that you can't make up. All right, it's one of one point three kdew be. Are we doing a sing along song?
Speaker 3: Yeah? We gotta ask for one though, So if you had a sing a long song, you got a Texas in right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah Texas, And let us know what song you would like to sing along with. Can I tell you one more thing before we get to the dirt.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 2: I watched a lot of football on vacation. You know what really irks me is now games are showing up on Netflix. Yeah, games are showing up on Prime. That's been going on for a while. There was other games showing up on other platforms, and it's like, no, I should not, I don't want. NFL makes enough money as it is, they don't need to partner with all these different platforms that you can't watch a team unless you have Hulu or the paid game on Netflix or whatever. And I just thought it was really annoying because football they make enough money from commercial revenue and ticket sales and merchandise everything else. They don't need to partner with other platforms.
Speaker 4: No, I agree, And it's a little exhaust saying how many things that you need to watch what you could have just normally watched on regular TV back in the day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you got to meet people where they are.
Speaker 5: Like I was trying to watch Ryan Seacrest the New Year's Eve and it was like, you got it down.
Speaker 1: I don't have cable so but I have a bunch of streaming platforms. It was like.
Speaker 5: Download direct TV or download this and then you can watch it through this. And I'm like, lord, but you know what I do think is cool in this digital era. I saw there's a content creator I watch it does skits on Instagram. He was doing an actual TV commercial now and it was like vertical then, you know, the same way you'd watch.
Speaker 1: It on your phone if you were swiping.
Speaker 5: But the fact that now they have those people doing TV commercials, that's insane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so nuts. No, totally get it. One more thing.
Speaker 2: While we're waiting for text messages, we're getting some text messages for the single long song. I wanted to bring up something and that is yeah, I saw Marty Supreme. Oh did you yes? Okay, all I've heard is people talk about Marty Supreme.
Speaker 1: What are you hearing about it? I've heard.
Speaker 5: I haven't heard whether it's good or bad. But the marketing has just been everywhere, like just as big as Wicked. And then I heard the Timothy Shadow may I kinda did his thing in it. But I don't know if the movie itself is good or bad. I wouldn't say it was bad. I would say it had no plot. Marty Supreme, you think it's a ping pong movie, It's not a ping pong movie. There's a movie with ping pong in it, table tennis as they call it, Yeah, as they call it.
Speaker 2: It's a more respectable name than ping pong. So he's like a world class ping pong table tennis player. It's not about ping pong. It's about him being a D word. He is such a self absorbed, narcissistic, manipulative D word. It's like, am I supposed to like this guy? Am I supposed to root for this guy?
Speaker 1: Oh? That's always tough when you don't like the main character. I didn't.
Speaker 2: The main character is not likable. He is the douchiest D word. And the movie had no plot. And I got to the end of it. It's two hours and twenty minutes long.
Speaker 1: You guys.
Speaker 2: I got to the end of it and I'm like, thank God, that movie's over. And it didn't suck. It just had no plot. Yeah, and he was not a likable guy.
Speaker 1: Did it?
Speaker 4: Was the vibe cool because I kind of wanted to see it just because it's like set in the sixties or seventies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, kind of, but that's not a saving grace. One thing you'll.
Speaker 2: Notice if you see it is there's constant scenes where they're talking at the same time. They're arguing, and they're talking at the same time back and they're going back.
Speaker 8: It's like you're going to go, I don't know something, go get it big exactly. And that's the whole movie is they're talking to these the whole time. If you saw that movie, let me know whether you think what you thought about all right.
Speaker 3: According to Rotten Tomatoes, it is doing well the Tomato meters at ninety four percent.
Speaker 1: Wow, ever one's at eighty three.
Speaker 4: So because I know only a couple people have seen it, and everyone who I know who have seen it said they didn't like it.
Speaker 1: They did not like it, they did not like it.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think I like Timothy shallow me so much that I probably will like it no matter what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's really good at playing this d word of a character. I mean, he's fun to watch, he really is. He's really convincing. But he's a jerk. Yeah, so let me know what you think of the movie. All right, what what'd we come up with?
Speaker 3: Someone texted and said, my three year old loves Snoop Dogg and would like to hear drop it like it's hot.
Speaker 1: So I figure, you know what, why not for.
Speaker 2: All three year olds? Here you go, It's Snoop. I'm kdewb