Speaker 1: Win one thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Enter this nationwide keyword on our website.
Speaker 1: Man, cash, that's cash.
Speaker 2: Enter it now, My Billy Cunningham, the Great America, welcome this Monday afternoon. The Triesday's picking up the pieces of mother debacle at pay four and more. Of course, the Ute's and UC Bearcut's can visit the Utes on Saturday. It's going to be a big game. The Chicago Bears earned down. But Moe, with your permission, Man, I share with you a couple of my tweets. One was somewhat optimistic, the other not so optimistic. Are you prepared? I am ready at the half Bengals beating up on the lowly Jets twenty four to thirteen. I know you may snicker, but with the same team, Flacco has played much better than Burrow. If the Bengals are ten and five, when Burrow can play after one of as many injuries, do you bench Flacco number one? Answer that one before we go to two and three. My tweets, it got worse over the next two hours.
Speaker 3: They're not mentioning Joe Burrow for Joe Flacco with Joe Burrow's helping.
Speaker 2: Secondly, here's my next tweet Booze rained down and pay corps crippling loss to the worst team in the NFL with no clock management, drop passes no defense ten days to prepare his Bengals to peer clueless. How does Zach Shula keep his job after this debacle? I put that in Capitol letters, by the way, just like Trump. Capitol debacle lows thirty nine to thirty eight? Should Zach be fired? Answer that question?
Speaker 3: Moo well, I don't have a problem with the notion that he should be. I kind of put more on the person who put together the roster because this is the frustrating thing.
Speaker 1: For me, Willie.
Speaker 3: All off season, so many of us wondered, why aren't you doing more to make the defense better? Why aren't you being more proactive? Why aren't you finding some players in the secondary. Why should we trust your drafting of defensive players when you haven't been able to find solutions on defense for years? And so the frustrating thing to me is when something happens that you saw coming from a mile away, we thought this defense was probably going to be really bad.
Speaker 1: Why did we think that?
Speaker 3: Number One, because there were a lot of guys on it who were on last year's defense, which was terrible. Uh so we suspected it. Also we kept talking about, how you know, all you have to do is have a league average defense.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: How many times did you hear that just need a league average defense because of their offensive weaponry as well? When best cases league average, the more likely cases well below league average, right. And so that's what's happened. The ceiling for this defense was always really really low, which told you the floor was also really really low. And so that's the thing to me. And plus, you've watched them this year when they've needed to get stopped, when they've needed to give the offense a chance to win, when they've needed to close out a game that the offense has put them in a position to win, they have failed pretty much every single time. They failed against Pittsburgh. The good news is the Bengals pretty much got the ball last, aside from an Aaron Rodgers held mary. They failed the game before that against Green Bay. All those missed opportunities in the second half to give the Bengals the ball back down by a possession. They failed late in the game against Detroit when they pulled within eleven points in the fourth quarter, ten and a half minutes to go and allowed the Lions to score in six plays without even getting to a third down. They failed against Denver, they failed against Minnesota. Heck, if not for a Brian Thomas dropped pass, they failed.
Speaker 2: Against the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Speaker 3: And so the frustrating thing for me is nothing about yesterday was all that eye opening. Nothing about it was all that surprising. But that doesn't make it any less.
Speaker 2: Madning, I go from optimus him to pessimism. Here's my last tweet. Yesterday Bengals give up five hundred and two yards in total offense, losing a fifteen point lead in the fourth quarter at home to a winless team that stinks. Zach says, this is unacceptable. This is unacceptable. Really, did Duke Tobin or Al Golden or a Zach step up? Who's in worst shape? May have Tab pureval or Zach Shuler answer that question?
Speaker 3: I have Tab's got problems of his own. There's no question about it. This is Zach Taylor's team. This is Duke Tobin's team. Last year of the solution, at the end of the season, the solution for fixing the defense was we need a new defensive coordinator. Who, by the way, is leading a defense on a team that's seven and.
Speaker 1: One right now.
Speaker 3: So they scapegoat Luana Rumo.
Speaker 1: By the way, maybe.
Speaker 3: It was time for lu to go, but they scapegoat Luana Rumo. Changing defensive coordinators hasn't worked, And so how many more defensive coordinators is a head coach going to get? How many more defensive coordinators is Duke Tobin gonna get? And look, Zach Taylor deserves whatever fire is being aimed at him. I think he would be the first to tell you that. I look at Duke Tobin, I look at the person in charge of the roster.
Speaker 1: Look at all of the.
Speaker 3: Failed draft picks on defense since twenty twenty one. Look at all of the entire draft classes that have yielded next to nothing. Look at this year's draft class. Remember, the Bengals were not uber active in free agency, but what they were gonna do was fortify the defense through the draft. They were gonna get players who can make an immediate impact. Is Shamar Stewart making much of an impact?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Is Demetrius Knight making much of an impact? Who is Brett Carter making much of an impact?
Speaker 2: Never heard of.
Speaker 3: Last year's secondary. Last year, the Bengals had a terrible secondary. It's stunck. Did the Bengals add a cornerback this offseason, either a free agency or in the draft.
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: Did they add safety either in free agency or in the draft.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: So it's the stuff they have tried as a track record of not working. And then there was a whole bunch of stuff they didn't try because they brought back pretty much the same unit in the back end of the defense that was here last year. They have tried to make the pass rush better Miles Murphy, failed draft choice Samar Stewart, I won't say failed draft choice has yet to make any kind of an impact. They've been trying to make the pass rush better for years. They haven't had any success. They continue to tackle poorly, They continue to be a step slow on defense. They continue to provide no resistance. These aren't issues exclusive to twenty twenty five. They were issues last year. They were glaring issues. They kept the Bengals from the postseason during a year where Joe Burrow played out of his mind. Those defensive issues caused last year's defensive coordinator his job, and yet nothing has changed. That is first and foremost a direct reflection of the poor work game done by Duke.
Speaker 2: Togin Tamar Stewart's on his way, he's tracking his total number of sacks at LSU, which is in the crapper. His name wasn't called at all. And I think I'm right in saying this that last week the Jets lost to Carolina, I think they had ten yards of passing and like, am I right? So they kind of told the quarterback at that point a week ago, We're going to replace you at quarterback. They didn't have their two wide receivers, didn't have the starting quarterback, and they put up five hundred and two yards against the Bengals defense as if there wasn't one. And I'll give you another fact. We are you ready for an important fact? Yes, since twenty sixteen, the Bengals have played ten games having had a Thursday game, then they've been off for ten days to get ready. So in that time, the Bengals are zero nine and one and the ten times they've played Thursday night game they have ten days to get ready for the next game. They haven't won one game in ten. What does that say?
Speaker 1: Moe says a lot of different things.
Speaker 3: I think primarily they're not using the extra time to their benefit, and I think that's frustrating, right because we talked about the Steelers game point. If you could just get this one now, you have a chance to take your breath, enjoy a little bit of time, you know, get healthy, euro though this game is not that banged up, and then come back and play a really bad team. Justin Fields last week was benched. Not only was he benched, he was called out by the team's owner, Woody Johnson, for his poor play, not only that he didn't have his top two wide receivers to throw to, not only that they've put him behind a bad offensive line. Like if ever, there was a recipe for a defense to enjoy success for the first time since Week one, it was this. If you were watching yesterday's game and knew nothing about the New York Jets, you wouldn't know that Justin Fields was benched last week. You wouldn't know that all week long, Aaron Glenn, the head coach, was noncommittal as to whose quarterback was going to be. You wouldn't know that his team's owner had publicly called out the quarterback in ways that owners don't call out their players. You wouldn't know they were without their top two wide receivers. And yet you know this came up last week, right, who would you rather face Justin Fields or Tyrod Taylor. My answer was, it doesn't matter because this defense is so bad. This defense is so poorly constructed. Who the personnel is on the other side of the ball is irrelevant. They can make a good quarterback look great, they can make a bad quarterback look good. They can make a team without any kind of legitimate offensive weaponry suddenly look like they're impossible to defend. And that's exactly what happened yesterday.
Speaker 2: So what changes, Tony Bender wants to know what changes?
Speaker 1: Nothing changes this year. Nothing.
Speaker 3: They'll try to outscore people if they nearly did yesterday. They'll continue to, as did Joe Flacco, to do more than he's probably capable of doing over the course of the next five or six games, and they'll continue to put a defense on the field that is completely and.
Speaker 1: Totally not trustworthy. They've tried stuff.
Speaker 3: They've benched Cam Taylor britt, they've played Cam Taylor brit. They reduced Logan Wilson's playing time, They've tried to play the younger guys like within the framework of what.
Speaker 1: They have Al Golden.
Speaker 3: Has sought answers. He just hasn't been able to come up with any And some of that is on him. Much of it is on the roster he was given. Again, who built the roster. Who's in charge of the roster.
Speaker 2: It's Duke toben Oh, which is simply have to get better. This is unacceptable, which is a firm grasp of reality. One last thought, the last two games, the Bengals defense has given up seventy points, and they weren't playing some great offenses. Pittsburgh's middling at best. And then of course the Jets are the worst to give up seventy points. And I looked online the Bengals have given up more points than any team in the National Football League. Given up seventy points in the next two games. And now we have coming into town the Chicago Bears. They're not very good either. Who knows what's gonna happen with them. They just lost to Baltimore, and Baltimore maybe getting their footings. And so for long suffering Bengals fans, with a team that's given up seventy points in two games, is their hope. Do you have hope?
Speaker 1: I don't have hope because a lot.
Speaker 3: Because hope hope, hope is in the track record. Right, you have to earn my trust, you have to earn my hope. So here's what the Bengals have chosen to do. We're gonna pay a handful of guys one area of the team, which is fine. I don't really have any issue with that, as long as you're good at doing two things. One replacing good players who leave. Well, we're still talking about Jesse Bates, who last played here three years ago. We're still talking about how they couldn't replace them. We're still talking about how they couldn't replace DJ Reader. We're still to a degree talking about how they they can't replace Herobiahuzii. Welly, we're still talking about how they can't replace Andrew Whitworth, who left nine years ago and has been retired for four years. Started there, right, If you can't pay them, all players are gonna leave, that's fine. You have to be able to replace them. The Bengals cannot Number two. If you're gonna pay a handful of players all this money, you have to nail it in the draft. This league is about two types of players, superstars and cheap labor. The middle class player is being squeezed out. The Bengals have paid their stars. They have paid their stars, Okay, that's fine. You then need to supplement them with the cheap labor provided to you in the draft. The Bengals have a third round tack from last year who hasn't played yet. They have a fourth round pick from last.
Speaker 1: Year who never plays.
Speaker 3: They have a first round tick from twenty twenty three who's been a total bust. They have entire draft classes that have yielded next to nothing. They've drafted offensive liman that have failed. They have drafted defensive players that have failed. So the trust lies in this track record is Tobin. His best two draft choices have been obvious, Joe Burrow and Jamar Chase. Right, yeah, I could have made those. I could have taken Tea Higgins with the first pick and round two. What work are you doing to get players who can come in and make an immediate impact in the draft, Duke Tobin has done none. The proof is in the putting Willie. The struggles on defense are directly related, can be directly attributed to the shoddy drafting. The poor decision making and the lack of development with the players they have developed on defense.
Speaker 2: Are you ready for the big question?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Does the Brown family brain trust know of which we speak? Do they know what we're saying the ones who make the ultimate decision makers? Does the Brown family brain trust know what we're saying?
Speaker 1: They know what we're saying.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure it's going to compel them to make any changes, but I got to be honest. Man, if I'm Mike Brown, or if I'm Troy Troy Blackburn or Katie Blackburn, Duke Tobin is sitting in my office today and I'm asking him, why can't you fix this?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 3: Why can't you?
Speaker 1: Why can't you fix this?
Speaker 3: In the absence of a good answer, I don't I don't know how you give him more opportunities to fix something that has been broken for a while.
Speaker 2: Let's move on quickly to you see and Brendan Sorosby was unbelievable once again. A second year here, they're well above expectations. Seven games in a row. They should have beaten beaten Nebraska to start things off, they'd be eight and no. But now they got the intractable foe in the land of the Mormons in Utah. They're going to play late on Saturday night. All the all the nation's eyes are going to be upon you see. Give me an update on that game. How does it look? And can sores be maybe substitute for the Bengals when he comes back on Saturday night late? Could he play Sunday at pay cor If he has to answer the second part, then the first part, then I have a third part.
Speaker 3: You want Brendan Sooresby to play for the Bengals?
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, Well as Flacco he's hurt. I guess his shoulder hurts him. And Henderson he was cheap shot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought for a second Jake Browning was gonna have to play yesterday. Oh this has been This has been a really fun UC football season, Willie. And you know, I I I know there's a lot of folks who when Scott Satterfield was hired either shrugged their shoulders or thought that John Cunningham made a mistake.
Speaker 1: And the job is not done.
Speaker 3: You know, they have four games remaining. But I think you have to give Scott Sadderfield a lot of credit for building a football team. I'm not sure offensively what their weaknesses you know, they came into this week with statistically the most balanced offense in college football, and the good thing about having a balanced offense is one one area isn't working, you can lean on the other. So this Saturday against Taylor, they ran the football well. They've committed one turnover in six games. Their offensive line has been terrific. Brendon Soresby came into the game on Saturday having been sacked just two times, and so start there. It's a really well put together, well coached offense and Scott Saderfield is that's that's where his discipline lies. I think they've done a really good job of building a goods They have some issues on defense. They need don Kae corleone healthy upfront, but this is a good roster, Willie. It's a team that's obviously, you.
Speaker 1: Know, on the pick of the hunt in the Big twelve.
Speaker 3: They have a very tough game on Saturday against the Utah team that can run the ball really well hard. We'll see if the Bearcats can slow it down. But to story and look, man, all I heard for three years was coach prone.
Speaker 1: They should have hired.
Speaker 2: Dion Ye wonderful, wonderful, not.
Speaker 3: A not a lot of hype around Dion Sanders these days. Meanwhile, Scott Saderfield as a team seven straight games.
Speaker 2: Twenty seconds remain. It is Sunday morning, Soresby's landing to CVG. Joe Flacco can't play here. We got Jake the Snake Browning to play the Bears. Would you rather have Brendan Soresby or Jake the Snake to take it? Take a snap at one oh five on Sunday, Soresby's available, put them on the roster, coach them up real quick, Soresby or Browning quickly.
Speaker 3: I'd rather have Jake the Snake Roberts than Jake Browning, So I'll take Brendan Soresby ahead of Jake Browning.
Speaker 2: Moe, thanks for your insight on these important matters. Thank you very much. All right, Willie see, let's continue with more. Now that would be a story. News next, it's our home of the home of the Reds, Bengals, bear Cats and the Musketeers. News Radio seven hundred WLW. You hit the music. Hit the music a little more upbeat, at more positive. God knows. I'm looking for positivity and non negativity. And now I get with Moe. He's very informative. He's forgotten more about works and most of us know. And what happened yesterday was the debacle of historical proportions. Tanye Rourke made a posting it says the low point of the Bengals season, and then she said, no, since they've been here. The low point the low points for the losing the Super Bowls all three, when two of the three they were up with a minute or two to play in each one of them then lost. But this point just feels differently because it's the Joe Burrow era. Joe Burrow turns thirty years old next year. He's got toe, calf, knee, and wrist, toe, calf, knee, and wrist. What's left? I guess the shoulders coming up next. He's getting killed out there being a quarterback, and the poor guy is now walking around without a boot wanting to play, but he's at least another six weeks away from playing. Maybe I know many of us are optimistic he can come back in the middle of December, but what difference does it make. He didn't play middle linebacker, so I don't know. And as you recall, we sign up the Bengals for another ten years, so the tax Beyers are putting in all in well over a billion dollars, I said, a billion dollars of our money in order to incentivize the Bengals to put on the field of winning team. And at this point they're not being real successful, shall we say, But we'll see what happens on Sunday. The Bears are in town. Joe Flacco supposedly is going to play Hendrickson, who knows that was a cheap shot by the way that took him out of the game, and away we go. In the last two games, the Bengals had given up seventy points. I said, seventy points to two bad offenses. And the Jets offense was historically bad. Last week against Carolina, they had a total of eleven yards passing, and they took down the quarterback. Taylor couldn't play, and then he turns up lame this week, so they put him the second stringer who they didn't want him to play, and the two best wide receivers the Jets had were on the DL. So this was a second team Jets offense that had not won a game all year. They come to Cincinnati and just take down the Bengals unbelievable. You know, insanity is anticipating different things, engaging in the same behavior, hoping for a different result. And I don't know what to say, but the beat goes on. Secondly, all the news is a flutter with this government shutdown. The government shutdown, if the last until Tuesday of next week, eight days from now, it'll be the longest one in American history. And the only party responsible, of course, of the Democratic Party members who refuse to continue the Biden budget, let me explain, I have millions and millions of Democrats and Liberals that listen to me. The CR, the continuing Resolution, would continue the spending of Joe Biden that was in effect in September thirtieth and twenty twenty four last year. It's a CR continuing the same programs and the same spending. The thought being okay, over the next year, will try to work something out on these Obamacare mandates and these Obamacare supplements from the federal government. We're gonna try to do something about that to maybe help maybe not. I don't know. There's all kinds of reasons. We now know the Obamacare has failed. It's the Unaffordable Care Act. We knew it was going to happen fifteen years ago, it's happening right now. And the Republicans say, okay, let's everybody approved the c are, and in the Senate you must have large Democrat votes to get it to the continent. The Democrats control of the Senate when it comes to the filibuster, and they don't want to continue the Biden spending. Why because they're inflicting pain on you, the American people. They want you to be hurt by this, thinking that Trump will be blamed for their behavior. Those of us on the inside, those of us who follow the news understand that take sixty votes in the Senate, and the Chuck Schumer is not providing the votes, and he has said every day that passes, the more pain that happens, the better it is for us. One of the Democratic leaders in the House, that of course we could agree to the cr but we need to inflect more difficulty in the American people to get the other things we want. Trump is such a divisive character in the minds of some What the Democrats want to do is continue the idea that Trump's in charge when he's not in charge of the United States Senate without the Senate, the cr cannot go into law, and they want all these other ornaments on a Christmas tree to be passed to get their votes, including five hundred million dollars for NPR, including transgender care all over Africa, including all this wish list of spending by the Democrats, and to their credit, John Thune, my friend from North Dakota, says we're not going to do it, and the Republicans are standing firm saying you're not going to extort from us something that should be a layup, which is let's continue the Biden spending program. And the Democrats say no to that, thinking you're going to blame Donald Trump for their behavior, which might happen. You know, Fortunately, most of us don't pay attention to politics. We don't know the ends and the outs. We think Trump is in charge of the United States Senate. He is not. It takes the cooperation of the Democrats to get anything passed because of the filibuster. Now, should the Senate Republicans pass a new rule eliminating the filibuster if that happens the next time the Senate's in control of the Democrats, which will happen at some point, I pray it's years off, but it could be as soon as a year from now. It means that a Puerto Rico, Washington, d C. Will become states that they're going to change the number of US Supreme Court justices from nine to thirteen. They're going to do all these things that are horrible for the country because AOC and Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer demands it, and it will happen. So we'll see what happens down the road. But be informed and understand the pain suffered now by the American people is occasioned only by Democrats who refuse to continue the spending programs of Joe Biden. Now, secondly on Obamacare, what's at stake here with the Unaffordable Care Act? When this thing passed about fifteen years ago, I was with you at that point and I said, if government takes over healthcare, the costs will rise precipitously upwards, the expenses will skyrocket, and coverages will go down precipitously. And that is what's happening for those who are part of the ACA, the Unaffordable Care Act, it's about twenty two million Americans. How about this number, one hundred and sixty million Americans me included, are satisfied with our healthcare because it's an employee or sponsored program in which market forces are to play. So about one hundred and sixty million get their medical care through their employer, about twenty two million through the Obamacare subsidies. And the Obamacare architects who once heridled herald at the providers of this it would lower the cost and now admit that this was a barrier to better care. If you're in the exchanges right now, you're paying confiscatory premiums and with high deductibles. If you're a family of four in the Obamacare subsidies, you have to have at apocket cost of about twenty five thousand dollars before a dollar kicks in because of the because of the requirements of high deductibles, and they take out many doctors and hospitals, they're capitulating, they're ruining many of the teaching medical hospitals and the pharmacies. The government now is firmly involved in Obamacare subsidies, and by that I mean the government will pay part of your premium if you're in the Obamacare, but it is skyrocketing eight to fifteen percent per year every year, and that there's no indication in the next five or ten years that's going to change at all. The Obamacare has it's doubled the cost of individual health insurance. They have more mandates and regulations on the individual market imposed by the ACA. That's why the cost arising. When the government pays the bills, it's inefficient. Few people more and more people will not be covered at of higher higher expenses. We said it fifteen years ago, I'm saying it now. Obamacare is an unmitigated disaster and nothing we can do to stop. So the Democrats want to double down right now the subsidies, that is, the tax credits. If you're in Obamacare for a family of four or in the ranges of six to seven thousand dollars a year, the taxpayer will pay part of your premium. And then with that premium being paid, you have high deductibles and you have limited availability to go to hospitals and doctors. And now the Democrats say, we want the taxpayer right now to pay even more and more and more for the twenty two million Americans in the exchanges, at the expense of those on Medicare, at the expense of those on Medicaid at the expense of those who get their insurance through their own employer. So it is a canard to say that the Republicans do not want the government to provide healthcare. It's already happened. And if expenses keep rising, which you and I know they will. That DMV is an example. The costs will keep rising. Eventually this thing will collapse on its own weight unless it gets their serious moneies. One estimate is four hundred billion dollars are the taxpayers putting into obambacare to keep it alive? Four hundred billion dollars, which is about half the money on the defense budget, and the cost are rising. Employees like employeer health care plans, those on the so called exchanges that are not necessarily employed or going through their employer, don't like what's happening because of the government mandates. All the rules and regulations and deductibilities can be ridiculous. The great bulk of Americans do not spend five thousand dollars a year in medical care. Great bulk and the government then as an agreement through Joe Biden, to pay directly the insurance companies forty billion dollars a year. So this is about keeping alive large medical insurance companies and making sure the government's in charge of your healthcare. Now that story is not well told by the media, but I just told it first fashion. And actually Democrats are attempting to destroy the powerful benefits for employers and employees by increasing the worker's reliance on the federal government, by moving them to exchange plans with high deductibles, low actuarial value, and narrow networks. And it's only going to get worse. Right now, if Kamala Harris had won the presidency, all these subsidies would be in effect. The government would pay forty to fifty percent of the health insurance insurance premiums. With high deductibles, you never get to the point where you can use the insurance. And so I hope the American people are informed on that issue now. Secondly, sometime later this week, I'm going to get on the representative of a Chief of Police, Teresa Terry Thiji, about what's happening in the department. I reached out to her a brother, and he's going to come on later this week to talk about his sister, not on her behalf, but to explain what's happening. Can you imagine how screwed up? And I did this in one of my ex tweets that I put out that have ted Pirival has no idea what he's doing. He's to capture of the radical most radical left part of American politics and he's going to hire this By the way, it's a great law firm in order to look at whether or not the facts upon which I based my decision to shall we say to fire? I mean I use the term fire. She's on the administrative leave. And so that they got a hold of a big time law firm to examine why did I fire Teresa Thichi? What was the reason that I did it? You would think that after Piaval would know not reason in the first place. Am I right about this? So Frost, Brown and Todd will serve as independent counsel to quote conduct a review into the effectiveness of leadership within the Cincinnati Police Department under Thiji. And so we're going to spend at least fifty thousand, more likely one hundred thousand dollars for the mayor of our city, mayor Pirival to be told as to why he did something which is administrative leave or fire Teresa Thiji, she was placed on the administrative leave. If you didn't know why he did it, why should the law firm tell him why he did it? And as I understand that she's a not will employee, and that will employee means you can be fired for a good reason, a bad reason, or no reason. And how many news conferences the Thiji hole with have to have peer of all and share al long the three of them stood up there and all of them were on the same page. She was doing exactly what a have to have peer of all wanted her to do. And sharrel long as a putts, she simply is reacting to what the mayor tells her to do. And so how is it possible the thieves she did with the mayor and the city manager wanted her to do, and having done what she was told to do, she was fired because she did what the mayor told her to do. Now the mayor wants to hire a law for him to discover why he did what he did, then to publicize and smear Theresa Thiji and her leadership, which the mayor vouched for the last several months, said it was fine, We're on the same page doing a great job. Well, he either lied them or he's lying now. And so this is again cya cover your mayor's ass by finding reasons to going and get the dirt on Fiji. Can you imagine how disruptive it is for police leadership to have a large law firm getting statements, emails, text messages, maybe under oath statements and depositions from the top leadership of the Cincinnati Police to get dirt on Fiji to justify the decision that's already been made to fire Thiji. And the mayor wants to know why he did it, so he wants this law for him to give him the information upon which he can bootstrap the argument. Obviously she needed to be fired, and if that's the case is call her in, she said, I will employee and say, chief of Police, Thichi, I've decided to make a change. You serve at the pleasure of the city manager. City manager tell her. City manager says, okay, we're going to let you go, and that's the end of it. It happens all the time many times. Chiefs the police are hard to be fired, like the fire department, hard to be fired. Whatever it is you serve with the pleasure of the city manager, but to come back later for political reasons and say, you know what, I want to spend the taxpayer money even more and more and more to find out why I did what I did. Get me dirt on Thiji. It'll be sink Fiji. That's what the mayor is after. You don't have to do this. Simply say look, I'm not happy with the direction of the city. Our policies have not worked. I want somebody in there different than you, and I thank you for your service. Leave your gun and your badge on the desk. See you wouldn't want to bey. Oh no, not this mayor. He wants to spend your money develop dirt on Fiji. I let's continue with more the line becomes available, which is never available. You know the routine. I'm gonna do something different today. After two o'clock, I'm gonna open up the lines to Bengaledom. I want to know from you, as a long suffering Bengals fan, who's responsible for this debaccle and what would you do to fix it. That'll be after two o'clock today and at one o'clock will be Michael McDonald of the Catholic League. What a fool believes Michael McDonald of the Catholic League about what's happening with Mondani. I'm looking Fox News right now. There is with AOC and Sanders. That's the Marxist triumpherate and what's happening in New York City and more so, let's continue and never stop. We simply continue. And I like Tony Pike twelve fifty five, Homi your Reds and Bengals, Bengals, here's Radio seven hundred WW next mayor of New York City, open borders, pre bussing, free subway rides, pre tuition everywhere, and it could be a real meltdown, including increased taxes, rules and regulations. And the Catholic League is headquartered for religious and civil rights in New York City. The Great Michael McDonald is one of their spokesman. Michael McDonald, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, Michael, we're a few days out from the election. Can you tell the American people what it's like now in New York City with Mondonnie about to become the mayor. It's impossible he might lose. What changes will there be? Give me a full report.
Speaker 4: Bill good to be with you. Yeah, you know, it's not looking good. It's not looking good for the city of New York. I mean it's it's been rough for the last couple of years. You know, walk walk out on the street and you just see people shooting up drugs, the homeless defecating everywhere. It's, uh, you got a crime problem through the proof it's uh, it's not good. And uh, ma'm Donnie's brand of socialism, liberalism, whatever the hell he's calling it. I mean, he's fundamentally not an honest person. He's just a chameleon and changes with every single question they put to him. And he, uh, you know, he's just kind of this little, two faced, little Weasley guy. It's not it's not going to be good. It's going to be particularly hard on minority communities where they particularly want to see more police. Survey after survey indicates that, uh, and he wants to defund the police. And I know he's dancing around and saying, well, by defund the police, I didn't really mean defund the police. We're just not going to respond to certain phone calls with police. So if a man's beating his wife, I really don't think that's something that the cops need to be involved with. Oh well, I'm glad, I'm glad, you know you support that, mister man Donnie. Like, that's exactly what we want to be hearing from America, especially in a city that is you know, right now, the chief commissioners to Shames. She's doing a great job keeping a little on things, but she's probably not going to be in the job. I wouldn't trust man Doonnie when it comes to anything else. He says he also wants to shut down the charter schools, the elite schools, which you know again survey asked after survey shows black students, Black parents love those, Hispanic students, Hispanic parents love them, Asian students, Asian parents love the charter schools and the elite public schools, and he wants to get rid of those because, Yeah, you couldn't find a policy on crime and education that Mam Donnie supports that's actually going to benefit these people. In fact, his policies are going to hurt people. And that's the dangerous thing is it's going to make the city a lot worse. When you haven't even started talking about his fifty two percent income tax. But the policies, particularly on the social front, the policing and education, those types of issues that we follow pretty closely at the Catholic League. He's promoting all these things that are going to hurt the most vulnerable in society and a very scary prospect. And he's probably going to be the next Amyer of New York City.
Speaker 2: And I read that long bio put together by the Catholic League about where he came from Uganda, from Indian parents who are rich, never worked a day in his life in a real job, and looking at his background, of course he's going to be a Marxist communist because that's what he is. Some of the things open borders, no same day registration to vote, don't have to be a citizen to vote. It goes on and on. And his parents came from the most radical left wing ideology in the world. It's almost like a stealth candidate in which someone's going to be put in power because of the ignorance of the voter. And when I saw the rally the other day with thousands showing up in the Queens along with AOC and Bernie Sanders, the three of them, the triumphrate of Marxism there, they were right there. And because of early voting, because of the same day registration, there's going to be large numbers, shall I say, of non traditional New Yorkers, black and white, They're going to vote for him because they believe the crap that he's spewing. And I don't know, can you can you speak to the fact how we got to this point when when I look at the schools who they produced to vote. You know, voters are the last bellweather of American success. You know, we get the government we deserve. And I look at the large numbers of individuals at these rallies for Mam Donni and I'm thinking, where did they come from? They came from the public education system that Mam Donnie wants to take further to the left. And so talk about the educational system in New York City that produces a vigils who believe socialism, Marxism and communism is the right economic future for New York City, the financial capital of the world, when obviously it is not. Where did these voters come from?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's you're hitting the nail right on the head there. A huge problem is the teachers' unions, the whole public education system for that matter, is become an organ of the Democratic Party, has become an organ of leftism. They don't teach the indoctrinate that they're not interested in expanding minds. They want you to think a certain way and make sure that you just follow the orders that they give you. No, no critical thinking, That's probably the last thing that they want. And so you get a lot of people that go through that system. But in New York it isn't just the public schools that's the problem. I mean, look at some of the elite private schools in New York City. They've gone pretty far to the left during all this woke nonsense. I'm not talking about the Catholic schools, and I'm talking about you know, like the the super elite, like old timey waspy type schools. They went super hard. They didn't know the difference between men and women. They were they were promoting all that transgenderism. Uh. George Floyd is is practically the only saint that they have left. And even the woke elite uh uh public private schools that they've gone full to the left as well. So there is a problem in education. It's very hard to escape that because they pretty much anywhere you go they are just going to indoctrin Hu And you know, let's be honest as well. Another huge thing. Yes, there's been a massive influx and I know a lot of people are talking about that there's been a massive influx of new people into New York illegals, immigrants, and that that seems to be man Donty's face. Okay, there's also been a massive outflux of New York as well. The d Blasio years were terrible. The COVID restrictions that they had here were downright tir crony, and I mean into twenty twenty two, people were still walking around with masks. You needed to show the vacks ID card to get into anywhere up until it was the end of twenty one, twenty twenty two that that went away. If you're a normal American then actually loves the country, that type of stuff is insane. He had Blasio pretty much just let the criminals run the city. The rioters got a free pass. You know, if you tried to go to my first couple of radio hits I was doing here at the Catholic League, we're on the Jewish communities in Brooklyn. Their synagogues weren't allowed to open, but meanwhile the protesters could be out on the street. It's a lot of bad things have happened, and if you were a normal person, you weren't going to wait around and say, oh, you know, maybe you could get better. This is a real possibility. It's going to get worse as you see more and more people leave the city. Just the elements that are more dedicated to Mandanni's socialist vision are pretty much all that's left. The city is a husk of itself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mom, Donnie's not in a sense of stealth candidate, because he's putting out the fact that he believes in Karl Marx. I'm reading him about He said, quote one of my goals as mayor will be quote seizing the means of production unquote. In other words, he wants the government ownership and control of the economy. He also wants rent controls, which means he lives in a rent controlled apartment. But nonetheless, by having rent controls, who disincentivize those who build apartment buildings to build apartment buildings, they can't make money. In fact, they lose money. So rent controls will cause higher rents, not the opposite. But Karl Marx said in his Treaties of dos Capital, government must seize the means of production, which means seizing factories, seizing office building buildings, fact whatever you can do, because we have to control that. And he also believes in free grocery stores, so you maybe have to seize Kroger got to seize the and use it for the quote the people, which will last about a week or two. And the abolition of private property quote is a viable option to achieve my achieve my goals. He wants to abolish private property and seize the means of production of goods and services. What the hell does that mean, Michael McDonald of the Catholic leg What does that mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's scary stuff like this is straight up communism. As you mentioned. You know, we had a couple of reports on him, and if you look at the crazy things that his parents support, it does kind of seem like, great, he's not this sort of manufacturer candid, but he's definitely somebody that's been been building up to this for his entire life. And it is kind of scary the things you're talking about, because we've seen those policies put in action. Yeah, not even in places just like Venezuela or Cuba or the Soviet Union or any of these terrible communist countries that you can talk about. But there have been places in the United States that have tried these grocery stores. Oh, the city will run the grocery store and everything's gonna be fine. It's gonna eliminate the food deserts, and the first thing that goes to meat. The people don't know this. With meat, it's one of the hardest businesses to do because you have to order just the right amount because if not enough people order it it, then all is gonna sit on your shelf and spoil and go bad. If you don't order enough, then people don't have things. And we're gonna get somebody from the DMV that's gonna be able to order the right amount of burgers. Like come on that that's not gonna be happening. I mean, if you think that's gonna happen, I want whatever you're drinking, because in the real world, that's not gonna work out. So the meat's gonna go bad. You're not gonna be able to get any meat. And then that trickles down. And then because again people don't have an incentive because he's gonna be taking fifty two percent of your pay, you know, is Johnny gonna have the incentive to go around clean up the store, keep it nice. And everyone says that. You can look at a couple of reports from the Wall Street Journal on places like small town America that have tried this, and the grocery stores just just go absolutely south. They go terrible. Every everything spoiled, no one takes care of the place, the inventory is all bad. Yeah, and then you get the yeah, well, I mean, they pretty much don't prosecute anyone in New York for shopliftings, so.
Speaker 1: They're just gonna be more of the same.
Speaker 4: But if you get more of the same, why is anyone gonna want to stick around? And you know, you look at I mean, Chicago is probably worse in terms of crime, but you know, Target here is it's like you have to walk in the Fort Knox. The security at the Target here on thirty fourth is probably less than Fort Knox. I would say a bet on that. It's ridiculous. Anything anything that you want is locked up and you have to go get help, and they got to come with the magic magnet and okay, we can slide this out. And you know, we're just helping you right now, everyone else has the way. It's it's really and that's and that's just to get a stick of toothpaste.
Speaker 2: Well, lastly, he fashions himself to be black. I'm reading this story about him. He went to Columbia. He checked the box saying he was African American. He was born in Uganda of Indian descent. He took advantage, like the Senator Elizabeth Warren became an Indian when it was to her benefits, and then when the truth came out, she simply said she miss smoke and mom, Donnie does not have a lot of black support because African Americans figured these things out more quickly than others. And uh, he said he was an African American born in Uganda, and really he's an he's an immigrant.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: There was some speculation I saw in Newsmax dot com that Trump may try to deport the guy, which would be which would be incredible.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Nonetheless, Uh, Michael McDonald. Lastly, you have a great column up on on the two two genders, two sexes, et cetera. Non binary. In fact, this thing maybe dying out that there are two sexes has always been to there's not one hundred and five and the Catholic leagues promoting the idea that the Bible and every religious book from Islam to the Sikhs, to the Jews to the Christians understand there's two sexes and two genders. Despite the fact that the New York City is going to become a haven for transgender surgeries, in which people will be paid to go to New York City to have transgender care administered. But do you see transgender and all those rights dissipating in the fact that America now will accept the fact that there's a man and a woman and the Twain every now and then shall meet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely, there's a lot going on in that front, and it's moving in our direction. I mean, we're not back to the level of sanity that we probably should be at. But if you look at a lot of the data that's coming out, things started going crazy in the twenty ten's and into the early twenty two things just kind of exploded, Uh, you know, COVID and all that nonsense, and that kind of was destabilizing the society and the radical transgender gender ideology people came in there and started pushing all that nonsense. Uh. And yes, now it seems like people are starting to wake up seeing this is going on, recognizing that like, hey, they're they're they're talking about multiple genders on ses sesame Street. That's probably not a good look. People are starting to wake up to this. People are realizing that it's that it's happening, because you know, we deal with this on a daily basis the Catholic League. This is the type of stuff. But I talked to my wife abouts on this stuff, like I didn't even know people could do that, and it's like, yeah, that's like that's what they're they're pushing in kid shows, Like, oh, that's that's so terrible. Uh. That I think people are starting to wake up, and I think that's actually been the biggest change. But then also, you know, another huge thing that doesn't get a lot of coverage, and Bill mentioned Bill Donnie mentioned this in his piece today. One of the things that really should be looked at is how many of these kids, particularly is ready to mostly young kids girls in their adolescent years that suddenly like, oh, I want to be a boy, today they know somebody that's gone through this experience and it has seen how painful it is. It's like, you know what, that's probably not a good move for me. And so the more people are aware of it, and the more people have first and contact with it, more people are realizing, hey, this isn't good. But it's not just it's even like some of the other like crazy stuff like oh, I'm asexual. I like what, you're a sponge. That's how you reproduce, because that's literally what that means. Those identifications are in decline, the pan sexuals, even the bisexuals, which is you know, everyone's just like favorite things. It's the Elizabeth warren Man Donnie like, oh, I'm just going to check the box because it's beneficial to be that, and like what exactly is a bisexual? They're nothing. At the end of the day, even those identifications are going down, which means more broadly that there must be a bigger shift underway in society and this is a good thing. Like we're talking about New York. I think just a lot of the people that are awake to this stuff, that are recognizing that these are bad things. A lot of those people have left, and so you're going to get New York is a sanctuary city state for transgenderism and the LGBT and everything everything that normal law enforcement protects, society, protect the normal people, protect the kids. New York's to become a haven to let those exact bad things happen.
Speaker 2: Michael McDonald, Catholic League dot Org. A lot of good stuffs up there, sat facts and statistics. The truth will set us free. We'll get the government we deserve, and come election day on Tuesday, we'll see what occurs. Michael McDonald, Thanks for coming on the Bill cunning showing. Mike, you're a great American.
Speaker 4: Thank you. Thanks Bill, You're a great American as well.
Speaker 2: God bless America. Let's continue with the more news. Next, You're home of the Bengals. Bengals News Radio seven hundreds WLW had.
Speaker 6: To throw the protection is good. He throws over the middle incomplete, intended for Yo c Vash and it would have been short of.
Speaker 2: The first down anyway.
Speaker 6: The Bengals fail and the Jets are celebrating with twenty seven seconds to go, as the fans begin streaming toward the exits.
Speaker 7: Hello, Hello, La, Hello buyets, I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 2: God, he's saying, I'm sure you've got my postings on X.
Speaker 8: Now let's see yesterday, perfect weather, perfect sold out crowd, no seats home Ring of honor, Lapham and Parish Jets. The Jets are winless, they couldn't score two. They didn't score a touchdown for two weeks.
Speaker 2: J e Ts, Jets, Jets, Jets, and then all of a sudden what happens second second half? Oh? I posted three things yesterday I was watching, I watch saw them. Here's the first one. Are you ready for optimism? Hit it? It's the half Bengals beating the lowly Jets twenty four to thirteen. I know you may snicker, but with the same team, Flacco has played much better than Burrow. If the Bengals aren't ten and five, when Burrow can play after one of as many injuries, do you bench Flaco? Ten thousand responses, the answer was no, keep Flaco. I then posted the following wow at the end of the game, Okay, booze are raining down at paper crippling loss to the worst team in the NFL. No clock management, drop passes, no defense, ten days to prepare his Bengals repair clueless. How does zach Shuler keep his job after this debacle. Thirty nine to thirty eight should Zach be fired? Fifty thousand said yes. Then I went back and wanted to reconsider. I thought that might have been a bit too harsh. I wanted to soften up a little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Two hours later, Bengal Bengals give up five hundred and five total yards, losing a fifteen point fourth quarter lead at home with a to a winless team that stinks. Zach says, this is unacceptable, it's unacceptable. Really, did Duke Tobin or Al Golden or Zach step up? Who's in worst shape? Mayrim pireval or Zach Shuler? What do you answer the question? Give both of them answer the question.
Speaker 8: And you know who's loving life in about one hundred miles away from here, up I seventy four eh Indianapolis Lou and Rumo Bingo. They're seven to one. The Colts have scored thirty plus points in seven of their eight games. They actually should be eight to Noah, Big Lou was the problem.
Speaker 2: Now we find out it's not Big Lou, it's l Duco El Duco Tobin, what do you think about Duco? What's big Al?
Speaker 4: Big.
Speaker 2: What about Al from Notre Dame? Where's the rock? Where's the rock? He's probably down there trying out it was Al. I'll tell you what. What if Brendan Soresby lands on Sunday morning about eleven am from Utah. Yeah, and Joe Flacco wacko can't play. So you got a choice between Jacob Snake Browning and Brendan Soursby.
Speaker 8: I would also I would also drop up the UC offensive line because they've they've only given up two sacks this year.
Speaker 2: Could you take the into Big twelve? Take the quarterback? Yeah, coach him up quickly, would you agree? Who cares? Get him in there? Throw it to one or fifteen and don't throw it to the tight end number eighty. Don't throw it to him.
Speaker 8: Well, leave the stute reporters approp service, every local Thamestar heating in air conditioning dealers tamestar quality you can feel in Cincinnati, Wyoming air.
Speaker 2: Won eight eight eight h A h V A C now said I was talking to Justice Joe. Yeah Deeters, he called you a putts for the Bengals. Will you criticize the Bengals defense? Yes? Or no?
Speaker 8: Let's see Willie brought the Bengals up. They brought to you by good Spirits and party Town with thirteen convenient locations in northern Kentucky. And I'm sure they were opened big time after the game yesterday, selling lots of booze. Let's see thirty nine to thirty eight the final. The defense porous to say the least, racked up over five hundred yards. That Jets had not scored a touchdown in two games. They may they had two free field goals last week and a like a field goal and another field goal in a safety.
Speaker 2: The week before. They can't score. The Bengals got him right.
Speaker 8: The owner rips the quarterback midweek saying that he can't do anything.
Speaker 2: Guy named Johnson.
Speaker 8: They don't know who's going to quarterback wood. He their coach yesterday on the sideline looked like he didn't know what he was doing.
Speaker 2: And look and they come away with a victory.
Speaker 8: And their two best wide receivers and sauce gardners out. Didn't play their their defensive back then, guy, so they had no team correct. They show up and put light up the Bengals for thirty nine points. Jants rally from four different deficits of at least fourteen points. Bengals are up ten to nothing, twenty four to ten, thirty one to sixteen. That was in the third quarter. I thought, right, then you get another touchdown right there. It's ober No No. Thirty eight to twenty four with ten minutes to go.
Speaker 2: How do you explain this? It's just what happened. Can I give you one other factoy? Go ahead? Since twenty sixteen, the Bengals have had ten games on Thursday Night football, which gives them ten days, thank you Thursday Night to get ready.
Speaker 8: And all the momentum from the Pittsburgh game and everything else, and what happened.
Speaker 2: You know what their record is in those ten games stinks zero nine and one since twenty sixteen on a Thursday night. Give the Bengals ten days to get ready. Hell, they're even worse.
Speaker 8: More to night on Bengals line. Let's talk more. Six oh five right here on seven other WLW. The Monsters are the Midway roll into town this Sunday. The Chicago Bears.
Speaker 2: We just lost to Baltimore.
Speaker 8: And the Bears are two and the Bengals are two and a half point dogs to the Bears at home.
Speaker 2: Say that again. The Bengals. Bengals are underdogs two and a half points. This is embarrassing.
Speaker 8: Monday Night football has Washington in Kansas City. Oh one other one big injury, give me a big ann Linebacker Shaka Shaka Hayward suffered a hairline fracture to his fibula.
Speaker 2: He is out for like four weeks. What about Trey Hendricks?
Speaker 8: Trey Hendricks and I don't think he's going to be doing too much dancing. His hip was hurting yesterday as he walked off the field. Apparently was a chief shot by one of the Jets. What about Joe Flacco on his shoulder?
Speaker 2: He's okay? Would you play Soresby on Sunday with the Bengals or Browning? If Flacco can't play, do you bring up Brendan Soresby and pay him?
Speaker 8: Speaking of Soresby, the Bearcats have moved up four spots to seventeenth this week in the AP Pole Major Big twelve action this Saturday Night on the road for the Bearcats at seven to one. What about the Mormatt number twenty four Utah? The Mormons are ten ten to fifteen kickoff. The Mormons are tough. The Mid American Conference leader the Miami RedHawks four to ozh A top that league. After their win Saturday, LSU let go Brian Kelly. He's owed fifty four million dollars in buyout money. The Tigers are five and three, two and three in the SEC. They also let go of their offensive coordinator, Joe Sloan. How is he the tither law of Scott Sloan. Scott Sloan is gonna do? What with LSU?
Speaker 2: Well, no, Joe Sloan is his brother in law. He's leaving LSU. Yeah, they gassed him today. Now is Brian Kelly going to be the new coach at Penn State? They say, Penn State's going after him big time. There's this set off though on the LSU money. I set off What you think about that? What's that mean?
Speaker 8: He gets like half of what he well, the buyout goes away over the four years that remained.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh that's right. So yeah, set off the amount of money he makes somewhere else against the fifty four mil. Now, were you at the departure of Brian Kelly when he coached UC. Yes, and then I got the Notre Downtown at the West and explain what happened.
Speaker 8: They had the banquet down there to the Orange Bowler Sugar Bowler. Yeah, and they they announced. He announces inside that he's leaving for Notre Dame.
Speaker 2: What happened? He left that, he left the banquet hall. What happened?
Speaker 8: And he is surrounded by Cincinnati police and people are booing him and throwing stuff at him and going crazy. The faith and he gets into that, he gets into an suv and heads to South Bend.
Speaker 2: The faithful or not happy? Is that fair to say? Yeah? Now Notre Dame feels exactly the same way about Brian Kelly, who, by the way, the all time winning US Notre Dame coach is Brian Kelly. Right, he recruited these kids, telling him I'm staying. He then leaves to LSU for the Moolah, the Green let us to Salvation. So you see non accompassment. It's not welcomed Notre Dame. Brian Kelly, not welcomed. Brian. I think we're gonna have Rocky address that issue. LSU not welcomed. But now Penn State wants him.
Speaker 8: Now we say congratulations. In high school football, the park is in. Tell me the Park is in the playoffs against Anna this weekend to play a woman, not Anna, and your your.
Speaker 2: Basketball team unscored? What do you usually say? Undefeated, untied, unscored on that's the Taft Senators.
Speaker 8: They went ten to zero. They're in that playoffs. They outscored their opponents three hundred and fifty to nothing in a seven game shutout streak that started September twelfth. The Half Senators, what are rolling? Get them to play defense? At pay Corps Soccer MLS First Round tonight, Best of three series, Game one, Columbus Crew v FC Cincinnati, Where hell is real in the West End?
Speaker 2: Six fifteen, Fox Sports thirteen sixty. I got a report from all got Ron's roost that you were there at the buffet line and you had to be asked to step away. According to Ron Junior, you called a chair up to the buffet line. Us Lato started eating out of the dishes. Is that true?
Speaker 4: Don't?
Speaker 2: I don't like when people see me do that, but yes.
Speaker 8: Baseball Game three of the World Series tonight, Blue Jays and Dodgers in LA.
Speaker 2: Was all tied one one. Can I give you a to it on that go ahead? Max Scherzer is the only pitcher in baseball history to pitch for four different teams in the World Series.
Speaker 8: Also Willie women's basketball. We say all the best of d Alexander Hurt, former persona Mary and Great and headed to the Cincinnati Bearcats women's team.
Speaker 9: Hurt.
Speaker 8: She's going to miss the first half of the season with a lower body injury. What does that mean, Well, I guess she's gonna be missed. I don't know, knee, maybe I don't know.
Speaker 2: Toe.
Speaker 8: The college basketball season begins one week from today.
Speaker 2: With Joe Burrow. It's the toe, it's the calf, it's the knee, it's the wrist. It's the toe, and it's the calf. It's the knee, and it's the wrist. And we also want to say congratulations too, Tony Pike. How about Dave Lapham? Does the PA announceror No, Dave Lapham's number.
Speaker 8: I don't think so. They don't know which Super Bowl he played in either. That's embarrassing. Charlie Lucan, the former mayor of Cincinnati and King of Lucan's loft if you can find it at the hard Rock Charlie Lucan with a hole in one what one and sixty three yards seventh hole of O'Banion Creek.
Speaker 2: I've played there many times in many guys. Is Jink right in the cup? Is he playing with Locan? I don't know what about Brendan, call call him up. Let's give him a call. So call him up, Chas.
Speaker 8: Lucan with a hole in one I guess sometime over the weekend O'Banion Creek one and sixty three yards.
Speaker 2: So he is now tied with you for holes in one, Bruce Rid, he's head fourteen. So now what else? This is dangerous? Are you ready?
Speaker 1: See?
Speaker 2: If Lucan picks off, picks up, we're gonna have to have a live update on how in the hell did he do this? I don't know. See he's not picking up, he's he's an acant's loft? What I do now? Alright, Chas, watch your language live on the air. Yas you got in trouble us. I spent a year I got in trouble to get easy. Now tell tell Chaz what happened. Well, this is a news item, Charlie.
Speaker 8: Congratulations, we just mentioned you your hole in one, number seventh hole of Obanion Creek one hundred and sixty three yards over the weekend.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, give me an update on the hole on one chas.
Speaker 10: I appreciate its sake. I saw one he sent me congratulation. Really, I know you had a feathered and eight iron in there, but I fe stand on a sixth iron to get it there.
Speaker 2: But was it high.
Speaker 10: It's a lot of fun. It's it's a great You've probably done it many tis one. I've done it one time, one time with him. I'm the only one of my group have it won. Bruce Rody's had fourteen. I've had one in my life.
Speaker 2: Dunked it. But it's the great the greatest feeling of the clothes on you're ever gonna have. It's a little surreal.
Speaker 1: To be honest with you.
Speaker 10: I just kind of just was in stun silence for a second.
Speaker 2: It was great fun.
Speaker 4: It was great fun.
Speaker 2: I understand they don't get to hear.
Speaker 10: All, but I understand that every once in a while, you're still on a clip of me saying something stupid, inappropriate, stupid.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, well we have we have the chance cuts to live and in.
Speaker 8: For me, God gone but not forgotten, Gone but not forgotten, and we play the cuts at an appropriate moment.
Speaker 2: We can't get any from the current. He won't come on with me if you're the last Cranley would come on. I wonder why have you thought about seeing I.
Speaker 10: Can't imagine you seemed to have such a warm relationship with him.
Speaker 2: Well, Irish really got a hold of me. She wants to come on at some point. You know what I said? Yes, yes, yes, I'm never on a heartbeat. Have you thought about seasoned power again and ruling for a thousand years?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 2: No, I mean you know that's between you and Brendan. I'm in the weeds. You're in the weeds, smoking pident of a chamber. I tell you he runs a good outfit. I went to the Taste in Octoberfest, but chance we got to go. We're going to play a couple of your cuts for you. Thanks. You see that worked pretty good work on seven hundred WLW all right, Drew from Elder High School hit the music. I'm going to open up the telephone lines now. I think Rusty from Trip City's going to be first. Obviously, the Bengals management, the ownership, the coaching have no idea what they're doing. Blind dumbbe fottled fools one type or another. Lou Anarumo took the hit over the off season for having a bad defense. He now finds himself in in Annapolis with maybe the best team in the AFC, and the defense is sixth or seventh in the league. So here's the deal. We have five lines. I'm sorry, three lines are open. Five to one, three, seven, four, nine, one thousand or pound seven hundred. You're going to either one, and if you pass the muster of Drew from Elder High School, my producer Dujore, you will be on the air with me, which is an honor by itself when you think about it. And when the lines are full, each person will be given no more than one minute. So if your call is answered and you pass muster, whatever the hell muster is, then you'll be on the air with me and you'll be given thirty seconds to one minute for the legendary fast break. To offer advice to the Bengals ownership, management, coaches, or the players as far as what went right, what's gone wrong, how to correct it. They've given up seventy points in the last two games against the horsepucky teams that stink. The Jets particularly stink. They took down their starting quarterback Taylor earlier in the week, and they also lost Sauce Gardner on the defensive side. They also have their two top wide receivers not playing. They're hurt too, So this was a decimated This was an awful Jets team that beat the crap out of the Bengals. All the expert analysts say the Bengals are done, but the long suffering Bengals fans of which I consider myself apart, I want to give. If you want to give advice to the coaches, the players, the ownership, now it's your chance. I'll go to the calls. Now we have Rusty from Tip City, and Tim and Mike and Campbell County and many others. Each caller will be given thirty seconds to one minute. The legendary fast break is underway, and often take calls. But these are desperate times and defferent times. Desperate times call for desperate measures, and right now we are desperate and we need something. The Bengals sign up, according to the county commissioners, for another ten years. All right, we got all lines full. Each caller is given thirty seconds to one minute. Say hi to Drew when you call in. The producer Doujore from Elder High School, who, by the way ten and zero. The best high school experience I've ever had was going to the going to the Elder game against Muller High School in the pit and to watch that atmosphere, to be there with tailgating with Johnny Kraft at all with father Anthony Brouch. I saw the head football coach Ramsey, and I gave him a ward or two. I told him the Maller faithful told me they're going to kick the crap out of Elder tonight in the pit. That didn't turn out so well. Let's go to the calls. Now you get thirty seconds to a minute, get your thoughts together, comments on the Bengals. What went right? What went wrong? Nothing went right except the offense? And do you have hope? Let's begin with Rusty and Trip City. Rusty, Welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. Rusty, what do you got?
Speaker 12: Thanks for taking my call, Willie, And it is Zack Toulah. I've been a long time ticket season ticket holder.
Speaker 1: I didn't like him from the get go, but.
Speaker 12: Anyway, it doesn't seem, you know, like the beginning of the season we've been complaining about for years. Yes, he doesn't like he's a head coach. He refuses to change who's played call flake, you know, play calling. I have an article. You may want to take this down. Let me write it down, Steven.
Speaker 1: Are you I z this article was read?
Speaker 12: Yeah, it was written after the Super Bowl year and questioning Zach Taylor then, so that was after the super Bowl. But anyway, it's it's it's sad, it's it's disgusting.
Speaker 2: Have you lost hope? Do you have hope? Not?
Speaker 12: As long as that's there.
Speaker 2: I have all kinds of hope. If he's gone, shouldn't you be coaching? Like in high school summer? He seems like a nice guy, seems like a good family man. Uh, he's like mister Rogers, nice guy. He held the news conference, says, you know what this this he said this disappointed me. I said, really, we just got to play better. That's all as well. He's got a firm bress in the.
Speaker 12: Yes, that's his job is to make him play better. And Lou Lou just two years ago was one of the most attractive attractive coaches there was out there.
Speaker 2: And they follow him. We got to run, But Rusty, I got it down. I got it right here. Steven Ruiz. I'm looking him up all right. Thank you God, bless America. We got Mason now, the home of the Comets and the transmitter Tim from Mason, Tim, we need hope, give me your analysis.
Speaker 4: I have no hope.
Speaker 13: I think the curse of the Schnarf has been placed on the Bengals. I think that Lou Amarumo and Teresa Siji share in the Scapegoat title. I think that's the new thing.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 13: You got to do a Fiji on people. That's what they did to Amarumo. And you know, the only thing I blame the fans Mike Brown. I don't blame him for just sitting there and counting all that money that comes in. He's never going to change. Last time they changed is when the fans stopped coming during the Marvin Lewis era and there was the stadium deals and stuff going like, oh, we got to do something cosmetically here, let's get rid of starving Marvin, laughing Marvin.
Speaker 1: So they did that.
Speaker 13: As long as you keep buying their tickets. And by the way, the renewals went out Friday with huge increases.
Speaker 4: Hope y'all enjoy that.
Speaker 13: So as long as you keep buying the tickets and the twenty dollars beers and the ten dollars hot dogs and one hundred dollars parking passes. They're never going to change. Now I'm here, you're running ads on your radio station with Dan Hord and Dave Lapdog saying that there's a waiting list. You can pay hundreds of dollars to get on the list, to sign up for writing big checks to mikey boy, just to watch these fiascos every week. I mean, it's a joke the fans. As long as you keep sending him your money, he's never going to change.
Speaker 1: And don't tell me that Katie.
Speaker 13: And her daughters are any differenttic thing. We're stuck with the Brown family. They're not going to sell the team. They're only going to make cosmetic changes. As long as Mike Brown his family own this team, Cincinnati would never win a Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Tim, thanks for your comments. I'll pass them on. Thank you for your comments. Let's go to Mike and Campbell County, the home of the Campbell's, and then another Tim and Mike and Campbell County give me a full report. What advice do you give to the Bengals?
Speaker 11: Wellie, thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 5: My comment is we know they're not going to fire as actual They never fire a coach in the middle of the season, not a head coach anyway.
Speaker 11: I say, Mike Zimmer sitting in Independence, he wanted to come here when they fired lou He even volunteered to be a consultant to help him.
Speaker 5: Find a coach. Call Mike Zimmer. That was one of the best defenses they ever had when he was here. Good miss Starvin.
Speaker 2: Marvin Zimmer's a good man, head coaching experience with the Vikings. He lives in our community, driven by his farm in Independence. It's a wonderful facility. I'll pass on. That's a good name because unless Zach Shule is let go, nothing's going to change. And I don't want to. I'd rather be a great person as opposed to being a great coach. And Zach Shul is a great person. He's a good husband, a good father, nice guy, got his hat on, crooked, doesn't know what he's doing. Reminds me of Dave Schule. I'm sure Dave was a nice guy. And Gary Reesener pulls down his hat. That reminded me of Zach Taylor. He's just somebody that's fell into something making five million bucks a year, and he's going nowhere because the Brown family's not going to pay him five million dollars next year. He's signed through twenty twenty six. But Mike Zimmer will be an excellent option. Let's continue now go to Tim in Cincinnati, and then Rob and Rick and Jack and Mike and many others, and Tim, Welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. Tim give the Brown family your advice.
Speaker 3: Well, first off, Willie, thanks taking a call.
Speaker 14: Fellow wildcat. There sucks if they lost on Friday. Anyway, they need to go back to what has been working. Case Brown has been running the ball. Continue running the ball, use up the clock, park management, use what works.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 3: That's all I got.
Speaker 2: How about how about the fact they can't play defense. I mean, the Bengals have the worst defense in the National Football League and I call them the Matadors. Someone gets around them, they step to the side. Looks like Henderson's going to be out because of the cheap shot and the drafting by Duke Tobin's been awful and terrible, not held to account. Has been there for years. He's a good friend of Mike Brown, who by the way just turned ninety years old, and I'm wondering what what does Mike Brown know at the age of ninety. I don't know.
Speaker 14: I can't answer that one, but I mean defense, arm tackling. You can't tackle somebody with just your arms, especially in the proof in the National Football Weekend.
Speaker 2: Thank you for your call the Bengals managements writing these names and numbers down. Let's go to Robin Trenton, the home of the Beer Company and the Robin Trenton. Welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. Rob, give me a full report.
Speaker 15: Thank you, Bill, four year season ticket holder, lifetime Bengal lover.
Speaker 1: And the bottom line.
Speaker 15: Is this team is never going to be nothing until.
Speaker 3: The Browns relinquish.
Speaker 15: Controlled good luck they have. I agree they have money, lifetime of money generations. But zach Shula and that's great.
Speaker 5: What you're calling because that's the fact.
Speaker 3: Because he looks like a deer nadlfe.
Speaker 2: You know, you know, Rob, we just got to play better, that's all we just got. We just got to play better.
Speaker 3: No, you don't want, you don't want Willie. We gotta get tough, you know, play better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I gotta play better. Well, he's got a firm gress for the album. You can't play worse? How do you play worse?
Speaker 12: You?
Speaker 1: You can't?
Speaker 3: You can't.
Speaker 15: That is the sorious line I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 2: Lazy and that no one's account. But do you think the players fear Zach Shuler? Do you think they say, man, I gotta be careful.
Speaker 15: You want He's the guy got his head stuck in the toilet in high school.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks for your call. I'm waiting for something positive, Drew. I'm sure it's coming at some point, Rick. And then we have Jack and Mike and Terry and Luigi and Rick in Western Hills, the home of the Western Bowl, and of course Ron's Russ Rick. What do you got?
Speaker 16: I think the players are pretty good. I think that they're they're completely out of shape. I see it when they practice show clips on them on the New Is. They're they're they're wearing shoulder pants and helmets, but they don't wear pants, so they're they're wearing around in Jim Schwartz and so they're not tackling, they're not having contact practices, and so when they come to play on Sunday, they're not ready to go. And that's all on the coaching and there this was addressed before they should begls should have tackling practice, and Dave Lapping was asked said, well, they're worried about injuries.
Speaker 4: You know, in in.
Speaker 16: Tackling and practice makes you hard. It hardens your body, seeks it from getting hurt. And lastly, I want them to run the stadium steps for one set around the entire stadium there at Paul Brown Stadium, for every touchdown a defense lit up. They should run them like they did back in high school and we delayed an egg. They made us run all week long and then we just pour out the next week's team.
Speaker 4: So they need to.
Speaker 2: Get hard on the team.
Speaker 16: They need them go instead of watching film today, make them go run the stadium and stuff in full equipment pad, no contact, and they make sure that they have contact football the rest of the week.
Speaker 2: Now, let me write that down. Run the stadium steps. I can remember at Deer Park High School, which by the way, has a Levey up next week which needs to pass. It's a great high school run by good people. Money's being saved by deer Park High School community schools. But at deer Park we had to run the steps we had to go up and down, up and down. Jerry Wood would beat us with bull whips. We used to run, run, run, and Marty Langhorse always his first I was second. Go down the hallway, up the steps, second floor, down the hallway, up the third floor, up the steps, down the hallway, come back down the steps, down the steps, and if we screwed up, we had to get on the line. Blew the whistle. We touched the mid court line and back we touched the foul line, and back we touched the out of baseline and back we ran, ran, ran. That's all we did was run, and it's a consequence. We learned that bad behavior has bad consequences and good behavior is good consequences. We need to have that good old fashioned attitude of a Vince Lombardi, someone that traded the play as well, but demanded victory, always victory. We have a head coach who simply is a nice guy, who's a good husband, good father, would be a good friend and a good neighbor. The only think he hate out a problem with is coaching an NFL football team. It's going to Jack and Harrison, the home of j ATM and also a Rocky Boyman and Mike and Indian Hill. He must be rich, Jack and Harrison. Welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. What do you got, mister Cunningham.
Speaker 5: I consider it an honor and a privilege.
Speaker 1: To speak to you, sir, God bless him and you.
Speaker 3: You have always been the voice of the hard working man of Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: Yes, and you're the voice of common sense.
Speaker 5: And what I'm gonna give you the answer?
Speaker 2: Let me have it.
Speaker 3: Dave Rapham, jive, Dave Rapham the whistle.
Speaker 12: Then Jack Packin, Zack Packen.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, Dave.
Speaker 3: Lapham would take this team to the oar. He's everything that great coaches are made up.
Speaker 2: Yes, he played every position. He played every position.
Speaker 3: He knows the game better than you or I do put together. He knows every crack and every seam of football.
Speaker 2: He knows it all. I'm gonna call David Lapham and the other thing request to you. Yeah, what is it? What is it?
Speaker 1: Can I do the tip star thing with you?
Speaker 9: Just one time in my life?
Speaker 3: Can I do it with you?
Speaker 2: Are you ready at the line, I'm ready already. Well, I'm going to say three two one does do it together? Three two one Temp Star Star I love America, God bless her. You're a d I am in my own mind.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: And by the way, the public address announcer has got to learn Dave Lapham's number. It wasn't sixty three, it was sixty two. And he's got to learn what Super Bowl Dave Lapham played in. Let's continue with Mike and Indian Hill. He must be rich Mike an Indian Hill. Welcome to Bill Cunningham Show. Mike, how are you, Willy?
Speaker 1: I'm doing well.
Speaker 4: How are you, buddy?
Speaker 2: I need advice and consultations right now? What what advice do you give? Mikey boy ground?
Speaker 1: So I'm turning the tables on you. Aaron Glenn, who's zero.
Speaker 4: To seven londs.
Speaker 3: A play with a half back pass to breathe who throws to our best dB?
Speaker 1: And we can't stop that? Wouldn't new media say?
Speaker 3: What wouldn't media say if we knocked that ball down?
Speaker 2: Well, the defensive back didn't have his head turned around, had nothing else to do. Everything that could go wrong went wrong. There was no adjustments at halftime whatever. They were winning twenty four to thirteen at the half. And did I share with you the text on my ex account I put out at the halftime, and my text got progressively worse. I said, it's the half Bengals beating up on the lowly Jets twenty four to thirteen. I know, I know you might snicker about this. I know you might. But but as far as the Bengals are concerned, what if the Bengals are ten and five Flacco has led them to glory and Joe Burrow feels better the middle of December? Do you sit down, Joe Flacco and play Joe Burrow? Most people said no, let them play at this, Oh, you got to get Burrow a chance. But Burrow between his toe and his caff and his knee and his wrist, from the toe to the caff to the knee, the guy's hurt.
Speaker 13: How differently would the New York media treat oh Nack than the Cincinnati the media truth?
Speaker 2: They would run him out of town. It'd run him out of town.
Speaker 3: Gone got to get rid of him.
Speaker 2: And I can't say loudly enough he's a good man, a good father, a good husband, a good neighbor, a good friend. The only thing he can't do is coach NFL football. Other than that, he's great. Thanks for your call, We'll do this again. At some point we got full lines. I got to him as time allows to twenty six Home of Your Bengals, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I wish I had that reason for you.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 17: It's just someone's got to set up and make play. Someone's gonna make play either way, just to separate that game for us. Great turnover, get it on the ground, a third down win, offensively, explosive play in the game.
Speaker 3: It's never happened for us when the defense started to face a versity.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like it's snowballed on that group.
Speaker 17: Yeah, we just need somebody to rise up and make a play. Someone just just hold the fort down, you know. And and I didn't see enough of that today.
Speaker 7: Oh hello, Hello, Byetts. I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 2: God Sega. I have Jim Trussell coming up, the Lieutenant Governor of Ohaio in about fifteen minutes. Is he gonna take LSU take over l s U? Penn stay in state or Florida or the Bengals the Bengal Faiths for calling for a scalp. Zach Shula's scalp. They won Shula and segment Jim trust, Jim trust will won a national title. That's all I can tell you. He'll be here in about fifteen minutes to talk about taking over l s U ben State, Florida, Oklahoma State, us CEU U C l A or the Bengals will heave the A stuote reporters approach service of your local temp Star heating and air conditioning dealers tame star quality you could feel in beautiful northern Kentucky. Call any weather heating an air at eight five, nine seventy one forty eight twenty two segue, I opened up the lines. Who had some great suggestions from the Bengals fans about what to do to make the Bengals better? I wrote down many of the answers. Who do I communicate those two? I don't know with the Bengals, I don't know.
Speaker 8: Like who Duke Tobin, Yeah, Zach'll call him now, you know Troy Blackburn would be the guy.
Speaker 2: Hey, I like that guy, Yeah, Troy.
Speaker 8: Troy Blackburn listened Touff, so he would he would listen to you. What about lou An Arumo, He's in Indianapolis, Love and Life.
Speaker 2: Can't do the job? Can he not?
Speaker 12: Here?
Speaker 1: A notre names al Golden We careful what you wish for.
Speaker 2: There's chance has had the hole in one set over the weekend number six at Obanion Creek as that is number seven seven, one hundred and sixty three yards like me missing that. I'm asking you know, I'm a little bit I know about Mike and he think he's that character. Yeah. One thing you should not do when you're putting Dave Lapham in the ring of honor has announced he was the Great number sixty three. Oops. Secondly, get the right super Bowl. Thirdly, you got all these Bengal stars standing there, how about introducing Isaac Curtis.
Speaker 8: But he he gave the jacket to Lamar Parrish, so I think he was introduced. But there was other Bengals that were there. I don't think they introduced him. Boomer, I don't know. Did he get a voucher to get a hot dog? Boomer was there, but.
Speaker 2: No one announced these Bengal stars that you could come up with a paragraph on each. Let the fans. Here's Boomer Assassin great number seven in Mary Dylon, Cory Dillon, get him out. How about Anthony Anderson, Anthony Munos, Max Montoya. Why wouldn't you introduce the Bengal players, and you got to get the number right of Dave lapham am I right or wrong. He's only been with a team for fifty years, but a great number Johnny Bench.
Speaker 8: Bengals home this Sunday will lead to the Chicago Bears. The monsters of the Midway come to town and the Bengals are two and a half point underdogs to the Bears.
Speaker 2: More tonight on Bengals Line.
Speaker 8: Talk about that debacle yesterday, underdog five here on seven hundred ww.
Speaker 2: How can you be the underdog to the Bears? They stink well, they won four straight before yesterday, then they get beat by Baltimore and then they're coming here.
Speaker 8: College football Cincinnata Bearcats move up four spots to seventeenth. This week in the AP Pole you see co leaders of the Big twelve at seven to one face a big test on the road Saturday night at the Utah Utes, who are rated twenty fourth in the nation. Got a big test se MLS Soccer first Round playoffs to night game one of the best of three Columbus Crew where hell is in the West end of TQL Stadium against our beloved Orange and Blue.
Speaker 2: Who do you like.
Speaker 8: Orange and Blue All the Way with Ted McKay Action six point fifteen on Fox Sports thirteen sixty.
Speaker 5: Let's not wait for hell to freeze over here?
Speaker 8: Baseball Game three of the World Series tonight, Blue Jayson Dodgers in LA Series one to one.
Speaker 2: Next three I think are in LA. How about this factoid? No pitcher in baseball history? It started four different World Series for four different teams tonight it happens, Matt Max.
Speaker 6: Sure.
Speaker 8: How about that college basketball season begins in Ernest Willie, It starts to count one week from today. I can't believe that one week from today college basketball season begins?
Speaker 2: What about Xavier? What about Andy mack?
Speaker 4: Know?
Speaker 2: Xavi's playing? And uh, you know, I don't know. Why don't we get Andy mack in here?
Speaker 8: On Andy mc mbe he'll be in here probably that well, you want him in Halloween?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's get him in all right? How about Jack Nicholas is suing for deformation the individuals who have to fame Jack Nicholas. I know he won a court case of fifty billion, didn't he against the Nicholas companies? He did it for his family and for his little legacy. Eighty five years old, I won't be wrong that much longer. So I don't know if he can collect the fifty mil. But we'll say about that. Jack Nicholas sueing the Jerry cleared company executives and Jack's former business partners not being Howard Millstein and Andrew O'Brien, but others. Now, let the appeals begin, that's for sure. Jack Nicholas says, Nil, I have name, image and likeness. I want to protect my Nil says Jack, Go ahead, and what else? See what else is going on here? College hockey?
Speaker 8: Will he those Miami RedHawks who's won just three times last season? They're six and oh to start this year?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 8: How about that they host Arizona State in Oxford Friday and Saturday. How about that in the football and the Miami Redhawk's football team and Chuck Martin lead the MAC the Mid American Conference at four and oh.
Speaker 2: Nicholas filed the lawsuit in twenty twenty three, accusing his two former associates of orchestrating a campaign to damage his reputation as they held control of the company built on his name. Nicholas's attorney said his former partner circulated rumors that Nicholas had dementia, was no longer mentally fit to manage his affairs, and secretly negotiated seven to fifty million dollars buyout.
Speaker 8: Oops and Sody also said he wanted to go. They said he wanted to go to the Live Tour, right, but he said na babanam pga all the way with Ted McKay.
Speaker 2: Well, Jack said, enough is enough. I'm taking you to court. You know, maybe I should take you to court for the bad things you say about me of Ron's Roost.
Speaker 4: What that's true?
Speaker 2: Charlie Leaca just called in, So that's true. Make a chance. I don't know about that. Have you missed it an hour ago? Of course? The former mayor.
Speaker 8: Holding one on over the weekend Saturday, number seven at Obanion Creek one and sixty three yards to ever play.
Speaker 2: Obanion Creek's true.
Speaker 8: Make sure that you bowed down on whole number seven because Chaz got a hole in one.
Speaker 2: He had to put a plaque there. He said, he feathered a six iron from one fifty and dunked it with two hands over the top of the rim. That did your hole in one? Go straight in or have to roll in? I'm playing golf with Bruce Roddy and Wally Sweeney. Yeah, I hit a seven on number fourteen of ken Vue. There's two golf courses in Kevin Country, correct, and I hit the ball. I looked up and I didn't see it. I picked up my tee, walked back to the cart and Bruce he said, I think that one in on the fly. Really, So I got down there. It wasn't on the green and they're resting. In the bottom of the cup was my multi colored golf ball and they had my name on it, the Great American golf ball given to me by Frank Ziebell. Call today swim this year, ACR Gun Eye Pools and Spas. Call today, swim this year. And I still have that ball, which I retrieved from the cup and golf For the last fifty years, I've hit balls in the hole near the hole leaning it never had a hole of one. And this thing went in and I didn't see it go in? Did chance see it go in? And I don't know. You should find out no matter what it went in, it went in. How many holes in one of you had?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 8: At Western Hills pot Pot, I had like three or four. No, I mean a real golf no, nothing, And.
Speaker 2: By the way, the magic Man needs to get involved with some of these dealings with in the city. They have Frost Brown Todd looking at these reasons as to why the mayor hires a big time law firm to answer the question why I did something? Why did I fire Terreeshaiji? Find out why I did it? So he's gonna hire a law for him to tell him why he did something. Does that make sense to you? No, give me out of the Stuge report. We have Jim Tressel already standing by to throw his hat in the ring for the Penn State, LSU, Florida, Oklahoma State, UCLA and the Bengals job should have become open. Do you think Mike Brown would fire Zach Shuler before the end of next year when his contracts up. Don't say give me out of the Stuge report. Jim Tressell standing by Willie.
Speaker 8: We say happy birthday to one of our own today the broadcast sheriff, Happy birthday to Dave Keaton.
Speaker 2: Why'd you do that to Mike Marty Brenneman's microphone? Why'd you do that? I did not do that? Are you sure? Yes? He suspects someone not happy with him, not me. We leave you with the immortal words of the Stooge report.
Speaker 4: Ignorance is no defense.
Speaker 2: Jesz calls in being you can't say I'm stupid, therefore I'm not liable. But Jack Nicholas has successfully sued individuals who said number one he had dementia and number two He's going to join the Live Tour. Jack Nicholas is eighty five years old, going to join the Live Tour. Seg Man, your reaction unbelievable, Andy Mack. Jim Trussell coming up at your home of the Bengals, News Radio seven hundred WW State of Ohio is Jim Trussell has long routes in Youngstown and also in Columbus. He's also now the Lieutenant Governor, appointed by Mike Dwine about six eight months ago because of the departure of John Euston who became a US Senator. And Jim Trussell. Welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And of course you're involved in this fitness challenge, today's registration, etc. Before we get to that, can you tell me what rama the Bengals. They have no defense. They have a great offense. In fact, the last two games, Jim, the Bengals have given up seventy points and to really two bad offenses. And they lost yesterday to a team that had lost ten to six to Carolina the week before, and they demoted the quarterback and then there were two wide receivers can't play and the Bengals gave up thirty nine points. Can you tell me what the hell's going on?
Speaker 9: You know, I can't build because I saw that the Bengals bounce game and they played pretty good defense that day, you know, But you know, the the NFL is a it's a high powered league, and when people get on a roll. But no, absolutely, as you and I have talked before, you have to have offense defense. They have special teams and if you do without one of the three, you're in trouble.
Speaker 2: Well, the Bengals are in trouble. And then they got to the Chicago Bears coming to town on Sunday, and maybe Flacco's going to play, he's got a sore shoulder. And if not, there's some rumors maybe the UC quarterback Brendan Soursby could could could quarterback the Bengals on Sunday. Is that possible to take a kid out of college and put him into the NFL.
Speaker 9: He's pretty good. I've seen him on TV. A good player, but no, I don't think they'll allow that. You know, maybe the Bengals could sign them to an NIL deal and I don't know.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about the fitness you're involved in this first of all, for those who may not know what is what is the Fitness Challenge?
Speaker 9: Well, Governor DeWine asked us about six or seven months ago to start an initiative to challenge the youth of our state to develop healthy habits. So we went to work with the Department of Education and Department of Health and some teachers and principles and people that run fitness training centers, and we came up with the idea to have this Fitness Challenge. And this was our first pilot and it's for grades fourth through eighth and we have about one hundred and eighty three thousand students involved in it right now, a little over seven hundred schools. I think in southwest Ohio we have close to thirty five thousand kids just right down in your area. And we're working on having kids wherever they are right now in their fitness journey. Start there set some goals and we have three levels you can try to reach. You can get a bronze medal, you can get a silver metal, gold medal, and this one in particular is a ninety day challenge. We're just a little over half done and we've had so much interest, and we have a YouTube team, Trestle dot Ohio dot gov. That is we've got about one hundred and twenty instructional videos all different activities, former Ohio State men and women's student athletes demonstrating and we're finding the kids are throwing out their booklets and there they're taking it home and they're having their parents get involved, and it's fitness, nutrition, and rest and so it's.
Speaker 1: Been a lot of fun.
Speaker 9: And the sign up for the second round actually begins today and the people that can sign up are the Building Principles or if you're a home school situation, you can sign up again that team Trustle dot Ohio dot gov. But we're hoping Bill to get up to about three hundred and fifty thousand kids with Round two, and our goal for next ball is see if we can get nearly every Ohio and grades and we're actually going to add third grade to it. Bill and grades three through eight. We're hoping we can get nearly all of the students engaged and having fun and developing those healthy habits.
Speaker 2: These numbers, so you're saying right now in Ohio, there's one hundred and eighty three thousand kids between the fourth and eighth grade already sign up. That's almost two hundred thousand kids you're signed up, and the goal is to have another one hundred thousand. So this is somewhat below the radar, isn't it. I mean I know everything, I don't know nothing about this.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, we did a bad job.
Speaker 9: But we should have called you first to have you promoted for us, because yeah, we've been traveling all over the state. Teddy gin junior, who played in the NFL fourteen years and played for US at Ohio State, is our challenge captain, and he and I have been running around the state and we've been in schools and Cincinnati, Dayton, Toledo, Lime, all over the Cleveland Actor in Canton. We've been in over fifty schools doing assemblies. I'm actually today doing an assembly over in Sandusky, Ohio, just to get the kids fired up about it and the teachers and the building principles and the parents, and so that's why our people got this opportunity for us to go on the air with you. We don't want to be under the radar. We want people excited about healthy habits.
Speaker 2: That's great. And lastly, are you going to run for governor next year?
Speaker 9: No, I'm running for my life.
Speaker 4: I'm in the fitness program.
Speaker 2: You'll get segment. Don as involved.
Speaker 9: You know, I'm focused on this. And really, you know Governor Dwine well enough to know he's gonna sprint through the end right of his administration, and we're not gonna do anything but spend every minute trying to hand off as much good stuff as we can to the next administration, and then of course try to be helpful with them. But uh uh, you know, I came aboard because Mike the Wine is, in my mind, the best and he needed someone to can shit for a minute. And it's been a joy. I've learned a lot. But I think I'll go back to my unpaid consulting firm.
Speaker 2: I'll say one other thing. We need you badly. What is the website? We have many people here needing to work out. We got fat, flabby inflatel and employees everywhere where where? Can employees do you have to be a kid to do this? Or can we get segment Dennison involved?
Speaker 9: Well, you know third through eighth grade. Now you know if they could qualify mentally for being a third to eighth grader. No, you can go to Team Trussell doot Ohio dot gov and they can be a part of it.
Speaker 2: Hi, Jim, you're a great lieutenant governor, great coach of Ohio State, won a national title. Now you're doing the work of the Lord. I talked to Governor Mike DeWine. What are you going to do in your retire He says, I have no idea. I'm going to run through the finish line till January of twenty twenty seven, and you'll probably become a trustee of miam University something like that. But Jim Trussell, once again, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show and keep doing the Lord's work. Jim, keep doing it.
Speaker 9: Thanks Bill, You're a great America.
Speaker 2: God bless America. Jim, Thank you very much. Let's continue with more news coming up. You're home of the Bengals and Reds. Maybe Jim Trussell could coach the Cincinnati Bengals to glory on news radio seven hundred WLW