Speaker 1: Good evening and welcome to the Nightcap on seven hundred WLW on Monday night, January twelfth, twenty twenty six. How was the weekend?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 3: Gary?
Speaker 1: Jeff Walker checking in. I think tonight's going to be a very special show because of our first guest coming up in just a few minutes. We'll be talking to a woman named Katie Asher who has written a very compelling, very thought provoking book about the soul, the human soul, and what it means and how it may be different than the brain. You know, neuroscientists have battled over this for years. Katie Asher has a neurologically injured son who couldn't communicate in many of the normal ways. I don't know if you're familiar with Jen Jordan, who locally is on the radio on Q one two here in town, but she has a son named Jacob who famously has been just mounting. He's autistic and nonverbal, and she never knew how she was going to break through to her son, whom she loves very much, but somehow found a way for Jacob to speak, and he's one of the most thoughtful, incredible human beings on the planet. You excluded, but no, this is a similar situation, I think, but a discussion of the soul and breakthroughs in neuroscience that we never maybe thought we'd see in our lifetimes. Katie Asher will be up in a moment. The wild Man is here for a little while, my friend J. T. Young, who's an incredible thinker and writer, doctor Kezim Casaronian, and I hope I'm pronouncing the name right. About the future of Iran. You know, you may have seen footage of the protests all over the country of Iran. The Mullas, the Iyatolas, they're being attacked. Who knows, they may not even be in the country. And there are protests in this country people of Iranian descent and people who fled Iran when the theocracy took over. We are you talking about that. Nils Gravillius, who's an incredible detective, owns a detective agency in Los Angeles on a number of issues. He's also the author of The Last law Man, Speaking to the Wonderland Murders back in la back in the day. And we'll get him some hot cakes on what's going on around the country now. And we could use a good detective from time to time. Couldn't we And Jeff Career, who I've never talked to you before, but we're going to find out what this Louisiana man has on his mind. It's the Nightcap and it begins again with Katie Asher neuroscience and the human soul and the evidence that is just astounding with what her son has been able to do with a severe neurological injury. Seven utter WLW. I've been so excited about ever since I booked this guest last week because of the subject matter. And you don't have a whole lot of opportunities in this business, or maybe it's just because we don't take the opportunity when we have it in front of us. And that's what I did in this case to talk about something that truly matters to every single living soul on the face of the earth. Yes, I said soul because it directly relates to what we're going to be talking about with Katie Asher, who is well, she's a mother first and foremost of a son named Houston, neurologically injured autistic son who was nonverbal and trapped basically inside his body. But what happened was and I'll let Katie obviously embellish and explain this. What happened was Houston started knowing things that he'd never been exposed to, spiritual truths, if you will, The question is is the soul more than just biology? Katie Asher and Houston are challenging modern science, and modern science is starting to pay attention and you should too. Katie Asher, Welcome to the Nightcap. How are you?
Speaker 4: I'm great? Thank you so much for having me on.
Speaker 1: Did I misstate anything in the introduction?
Speaker 4: No, you didn't.
Speaker 5: It's completely miraculous and it brings all of us to the place of recognizing that we are more than our bodies, that we are a spirit before we are physical bodies.
Speaker 1: We're not just a collection of cells. It's not just biological science, physiology, but there is much more to this. The book that you've written with Houston your son is called the Book of Heaven, a story of hope for the outcasts, the broken, and those who lost faith. So let's start for people who are not familiar with your story at all, and they're becoming more and more familiar because I know that you were part of a number one podcast at Christmas time, even surpassing Joe Rogan's podcast, which we all know is wildly popular and very successful. So that's saying something right there. But so let's let's start with Houston. Katie, who was Houston? What were what are the challenges that he was born with? And what did you learn as you grew with your son?
Speaker 5: So Houston is my second child out of five, and he was developing normally. And you know, if I look back, I can say that there he might have had mitochondrial issues or or even maybe he wasn't producing enough glcoprotein. These aren't things that manifest as any type of intellectual disability. These are just basically functions of the cell, the human cell, which we all have. And for example, glycoprotein is what the it's like a name tad for the cells. It's so the immune system doesn't attack itself. So it may have been possible that he wasn't producing enough of glycoprotein those types of things we aren't sure. But what happened was he was developing perfectly and when he received his dtp hib shot, he started having an autoimmune reaction and his body started attacking itself and we ended up in the hospital and hematologists wasn't even she didn't even hesitate.
Speaker 4: She said, this is a vaccine injury.
Speaker 5: And what we didn't realize was that and the subsequent vaccines that we were told wouldn't be a big deal, it would be you.
Speaker 4: Know, there was no risk wasn't true.
Speaker 5: And he regressed severely, losing all the skills he once had and developing all kinds of biological and physiological issues that later became diagnosed as severe autism. And for those who don't know what severe autism is, it's not what you see on TV or shows where they're neurodiverse or something like that. This is profound neurological injury. And that meant he had rashes all over his body, sometimes huge sores he had. He would push his head on the ground. He would cover his ears, he would wail in pain. He would have massive seizures. He was constantly eating and drinking. He was obsessed with all sorts of different things. He would run around in circles. He would he always wanted things in his hands, sticks or rocks in his hands. He would he couldn't sleep, he wanted to. He couldn't wear clothes. He was always trying to be naked. In my times, he would clothe them. He would elope for those who don't know what eloping, it means to run away without any fear of danger. So he would run in front of traffic, he would just dash off. At any time, he would elope and throw himself into bodies of water. We had so many near drownings and floods.
Speaker 4: Honestly, it was just two decades of torture for everyone.
Speaker 1: And he was unable to speak or control his body. Yeah, and then what happened Katie.
Speaker 5: Obviously, like anyone else who was dealing with something so traumatic, I lost hope. And I think that's understandable if you were in my situation.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine.
Speaker 5: And the verse growing up that I had always clung to was all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to his purpose, which.
Speaker 4: Is Roman day twenty eight.
Speaker 5: But it got to the point I remember, I was because one of the other things that severe autism is is feegal smearing, and he would have chronic diarrhea and smear feces on everything five to eight times a day, and that's not an exaggeration, that's actually the number. And I was in despair, and I just got to the point where I just didn't think that it was possible for God to bring good out.
Speaker 4: Of all of this disaster around me, and.
Speaker 5: I was this had happened, This particular event happened when I was seven, when he was seventeen. And at the time I had become a single bomb because of course my ex husband was very abusive and when you know it, he didn't like autism. It's funny about that, and so he left and didn't bother to support us. So I was working three jobs trying to survive, and not glamorous jobs, by the way, really unglamorous. And I came home one day completely exhausted and had experienced a miracle. Now, what was going on around that time was I was getting my yoga certification because one of my jobs was working for a gem and they wanted me to teach yoga, so I had to go get yoga certified. And in this training they said to make an intention, which I thought was ridiculous. So I made my little vague statement in my head because I also knew that people don't want to hear your sad story, they really don't, And so I made my little general statement and I said it, and before I could even stop myself, the truth came out, which was, oh, and I would like bad things to stop happening. And they actually challenged me on that, and they said that good had just as much chance it's happening as bad, which I could know. You believe what you'd experienced, and that's what I've experienced. Why would I believe anything else? And they challenged me and they said that everything that you see around you, like, look at a table or a chair, and you think that's what's real. Right, that's what we do. We think that what's real is what we can.
Speaker 4: Touch and feel and see.
Speaker 5: And they said, what was it before it was a table or a chair, And the answer is, there was a thought.
Speaker 4: It was an idea.
Speaker 5: And then they said, well, if no one had ever thought of a table or chair, would it exist?
Speaker 4: And the truth is it wouldn't. It won't.
Speaker 5: It can't manifest itself. You have to think it, you have to believe it, you have to And this was profound to me. And it was in this moment that this miracle happened. And I was laying on the couch, had the blanket on, and Houston came and sat down at my feet, which at the time was strange because he would jump up and now make these booming noises, run back and.
Speaker 4: Forth, flap his hands.
Speaker 5: And here he was sitting perfectly still, and he reached over and he tugged at the blanket, just like you would to get someone's attention, with perfect intentionality, and he said, Mama. I opened my eyes and shocked, and he was looking directly in my eyes, which he had also never done except when he was a baby, and he said, I love you. And in that moment, I chose to believe in a miracle. And this is really the crux of the story that I want everyone to understand, is that our faith, our belief, has extraordinary power to bring about that which we want to believe. And so for five years I was believing in this miracle with nothing else except that moment. And then we learned about spelling, and spelling, for those who don't know, is a way to train the gross motor to begin to point to letters to you develop twenty six individual neural motor pathways so they can begin to spell out what they want to communicate.
Speaker 4: Sure, Sure, And he has.
Speaker 5: Sent first words that he spelled independently were in answer to the question if you could put any slogan on a T shirt what would it be?
Speaker 4: And he spelled in here.
Speaker 5: And that was the beginning of hope, real tangible hope. And I had to know.
Speaker 4: Who this, this.
Speaker 5: Son of mine was, And as we began to do these lessons and go through all that, I kept I was just boracious, like trying to, you know, find out who my son is. And he seemed to know everything. And when I say everything, I mean like he was spelling out.
Speaker 4: The Declaration of Independence like everyone.
Speaker 5: Right, And I'm confused because he's never been educated. He was kept in a self contained classrooms. He exhibited there were some little brief moments throughout his life where we're like, is there something else going on? But we didn't have anything tangible lasting to show us there was more. And here we finally had it. And so I no matter what I you know, lesson I did, he was. His knowledge was just vast and extensive, and so I finally asked him, how do you.
Speaker 4: Know so much?
Speaker 5: And I said, do you just have really good hearing?
Speaker 4: Which is laughing? He's answer wise, I can hear.
Speaker 5: Thoughts, and that is where I, of course, like anyone else who heard a statement like that, I asked, are you lying? And you said, you don't get the kind of gifts that I have if.
Speaker 2: You lie, right.
Speaker 6: And.
Speaker 4: So then I began to discover these gifts.
Speaker 5: And what it is, what base happened was the neurological injury de milinated the motor in his brain. And he was at such an early developmental stage, that is, he was still taking in the math, He still had the massive amounts of sensory synapses that we all do when we're born, and he was taking everything in both that, both the physical and the metaphysical, and being disconnected from his body. Of course, the inflammation prevented him from developing motor pathways to connect to his body, right, so he was left in his etheric body, developing more and more and more into his etheric his spiritual body, instead of his physical body. And the extent of that is extraordinary because the more they the more any of us believe, the more the veil opens, the more we see.
Speaker 4: So and that's what my son did.
Speaker 1: Well, what of these scientists who have studied Houston and your story, what have they come away with from this? And how does it relate to us being more than just a physical body? And the soul the humans.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so the very first thing that you've come to realize was the realization that I had back when I had that whole experience with my yoga intention, which is that thought is energy. The im material is just as real as the material. That's the first one. That's actually what E equals MC squared means that energy and matter are the same thing. They're just measured in different ways.
Speaker 4: And so if if our thought is.
Speaker 5: Real and it's and it's energy that it's it's actually going to obey the same laws of energy that's physical energy of phase, which is the very first being the law of conservation, which states that energy is never created or destroyed, it's only transferred, which is that's what's happening with our thoughts. Then you had his ability to sensibility to see things before they have Well, this is because you're operating in the spirit. You're not being limited by matter and time and space. So they're actually able to see things before they happen. They're actually able to be present with their spirit in a place that their body isn't. And that is what scientists are now conducting tests to actually demonstrate that this is a real, tangible ability that these individuals have, and the reason they can access it is because of the lack of motor neural pathways that connect them to their physical body.
Speaker 1: So you appeared on the Telepathy Tapes, the podcast, which, as I mentioned, was number one on Christmas Day, and you kind of wrote the book because the Telepathy Tapes they chose purposely to avoid the spiritual dimension of yours in Houston's experiences, and you were our go ahead.
Speaker 5: Our book was Yeah, I'm sorry. Our book was actually written before the Celepithy Tapes. It was published in twenty twenty one. We were told when this podcast was released that it was going to be an accurate reflection of our story, and it was in the sense that it did portray the events accurately, but it left out what was the most.
Speaker 4: Important to us, which was God. It left out Houston being able.
Speaker 5: To describe Heaven and describe scriptures that he had never read literally as if she was witnessing them, not as if he had memorized them.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: And that was the most important part of our story, was getting honor to God, who had never forsaken us, who had always been faithful to us, but because of our despair, he.
Speaker 4: Hadn't believed it.
Speaker 1: So believing was the first step that creative visualization some people might call it. But that faith that this could happen manifested itself in the physical reality, and that's exact. And thus we have the Book of Heaven, a story of hope for the outcast, the broken, and those who lost faith. Are these scientists still studying Houston?
Speaker 5: They are, and they of course have to kind of study in a way that science accepts that a pure you know, can be pure, you can be duplicated, like the test has to be able to be duplicated. So their rigor is much different than someone who's just experiencing it in their family. We don't have We don't put Houston through all the rigor that a scientist puts him through. And because of that, we actually experience much more than what the scientists experience because they are having to limit it to things they can actually test and prove in the physical world.
Speaker 1: So I'm just curious as a as a believing Christian and wanting to be in Heaven someday when my life is through. What does Houston? How has Houston described Heaven?
Speaker 3: Just curious?
Speaker 5: This is hysterical because whenever he first began to explain things to me. Of course, it like blew the little box I had of heaven up, right, I mean, like he said one he spelled out one sentence and the box was blown up.
Speaker 4: And I said, well, what do you mean what you know?
Speaker 5: I'm like, of course, I've got my little theology right that it's everything's supposed to fit my little theology box. And he turned to me and he looked at me with this look of almost pity, and he spelled out explaining, Heaven to you takes great elasticity. And so what we have to understand is that, first of all, the word of God, when you go and you look at these fantastic, incredible imagery that is in the Bible, that's true, that's accurate. He described angels with wings that literally covering their feet and covering their eyes, and still with wings that expanded out, and he said they were powered with what is like fire, but it's like emotion, that the emotion powers them. And he described the throne of God. He described the Robe of Christ. He described ray had in from the Bible from the Israelites, she rescued when she helped with us. She described how she is taking care of all of all the babies that she's there with babies, and she's helping care for all the babies.
Speaker 1: It's amazing. I'm sorry, Ark, I know our time is up for this man. I could, I could do, I could do a whole show on this. Katie Asher, author of the Book of Heaven, a story of hope for the outcast, have broken and those who lost faith. Her son is Houston, and I'd love to catch up with you another time. Katie.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you, God bless me too.
Speaker 4: Bye bye bye.
Speaker 1: Well now for something totally different. The wild Man is on next afternoons. I'm not sure what he's going to say, and I want to make sure we're in safe harbor. But he has promised to be a good boy and not a potty mouth. Since we're on a little little bit past nine thirty on this Monday night nightcap, it's the one and the only sports commando you are. You are going to watch your language, right, wild Man. We're on early absolutely yeah, all right, Wildman Walker here with us on seven under WLW. Obviously, the Steelers game is on right now, and so we really can't we're not allowed to describe the action as it's going on, and if people are really caring about it, they're not listening to us anyway. But you have some important historical notes about the Steelers playing at home that you wanted to share just in case.
Speaker 7: Well, I put down, Yeah, I put down a nice little wager this afternoon, because the Monday night football record for the Pittsburgh Steelers is something out of this world. Fifty five and twenty five. At home, they are thirty two and five. They haven't lost the Monday night games since nineteen ninety one. They in fact, have won twenty three straight Monday night football games.
Speaker 1: Well, and I got to go with.
Speaker 7: Aaron Rodgers and hit his experience and also the Steelers record against they used some Texans team that's gonna have a hard time playing in the cold because they're not used to that anyway, because they're usually in their comfort of their little cozy, dumb stating.
Speaker 1: So if the Texans do win the game tonight, it will buck tradition and history. So we'll we'll have to see that is still yet to be seen. We know we know what happened with the rest of the playoff games this week, and any reaction to any of these games. I thought it was particularly poignant that Justin Herbert was made to look like a rookie quarterback. Well, the second year quarter Drake may looked like the experienced playoff veteran in his first game yesterday for New England. Man, they just absolutely gave every indication of why they finished the season New England the way they did, and how strong they are as we go forward in the playoffs. Did you see it that way or not?
Speaker 7: Well, if you're an n fan and you like your playoff, that playoff games this weekend was was something you know, hard to believe because every game was entertaining.
Speaker 3: Well, the New game was entertaining.
Speaker 1: The New England game was entertaining, but it had the largest margin I think a victory of any of those. Yeah, sixteen to three, which was an incredible score. You know, New England came in as this high flying, high scoring team, but nobody scored a touchdown until the fourth quarter and it was New England and that was a big difference in the game.
Speaker 7: The most entertaining game I thought was the Bears game because they were down at one time, was it twenty twenty one to three? I believe when they came back. And then just seeing the Bears fans in the stands rejoicing, I mean, that was classy. All these people dressed up and they're you know, their gear, and guys dressed up like Ditka.
Speaker 3: They were going crazy.
Speaker 7: It's been a long time since the Bears have had anything, Bears fans have had anything to cheer about, and they've got another home game. I would I don't want to be going on the soldier field playing the Bears.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, and that quarterback has made a habit of coming back this year. That's why the Bears are in the playoffs. And you're right, I was rooting for Chicago over Green Bay uh in that game. But the rest of the games, what did you think? I mean, the Rams and Matthew Stafford looked pretty stout.
Speaker 7: At first of me was he was struggling a little bit because he hurt his finger, but then he shook it off, and then of course he throws those touchdown passes.
Speaker 3: I mean, Matthew Stafford and.
Speaker 7: Drake Kid, Yeah, Drake May those are the two guys right now. It's hard to pick who's the m VP. It's going to be one of them. It's going to be one of them. Yeah, I don't know who's gonna gonna, you know, eventually get the NOD, but that's your two MVP choices.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Rams game was interested.
Speaker 7: I don't got to see the first half because I was working in the Hill basket ball game, but you know, I got to see the some of the other games, and you know, I'll go back like I said, they were all entertaining everyone. You can't complain about. You cannot complain about any of the games if you're a football fan. The most entertaining to me, I'll stay with was the Bears coming from behind and beating the Packers because I think the Packers thought they had the game of the bag and they went to sleep, especially on defense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the quarterbacks who have shined have shined in lieu of you know, are Joe Burrow and Lamar Jackson and all the quarterbacks and Patrick Mahomes that we have become accustomed to in the playoffs. And you know, as as a result of we we did have some fantastic wild card games over the weekend. Looking ahead, I don't I don't know how the forty nine ers are going to do in Seattle.
Speaker 7: Good luck there, Good Sewks. Yeah, I can't have a root for the forty nine ers. I didn't like them winning that this the game last night, But that's where the that's where their season ends in Seattle. They're not They're not.
Speaker 3: They're not beat the Seahawks, no.
Speaker 1: Way out well anyway. I mean their benches, their locker rooms like a triage unit. It's like a mass shard. For God's sake. When I saw a kittle go down with the Achilles, I go, oh, there's no way they're winning this game. But they pulled another rabbit out of their hat. Wild man. You got to give them that. Whether you like them or not.
Speaker 3: I'll give it to them. But they're not beating Seattle.
Speaker 7: So Sam Darnold has, you know, got new life going going to the Northwest, and he's had a fantastic season two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So what about Duke Tobin saying that we're fine, We're fine after a six and eleven missing the playoff season for.
Speaker 7: The waiting for you, I was waiting for you to get to that. That press conference is an hour and twenty minutes. I'll never get back the rest of my life. That was all much ado about nothing, nothing but nonsense. In fact, I was listening to it on the radio and it sounded to me if I closed my eyes, that was Mike Brown speaking, not Duke Tobin. I mean, the guy is a loan of Mike Brown, and I understand it. You know, they want to win, blah blah blah. But you know what, the fans have heard this for the last twenty years, that they want to win, that we want to do this, that we're disappointed.
Speaker 3: Well, you don't want to step up and prove it to us?
Speaker 8: Do something?
Speaker 7: Yeah, the team is worth Mike Brown is worth three point one billion dollars. I looked it up last night. Mike Brown is worth three point one billion dollars. And the thing the Beggers have got to do here, Gary, Jeff must say this slowly for you.
Speaker 3: When free agency starts the very first.
Speaker 7: Day, the Begers have got to jump in there and sign two guys right out of the gate.
Speaker 3: They can't be pussy.
Speaker 7: Footing around waiting for three or four or five days. They've got to jump in there. They should have their list of who they want and get two guys on the defensive side of the ball.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 7: DJ Reader is a free agent and he had another great season in Detroit, so possibly they could bring him back as a nose tackle. But they've got to jump in there and get two free agents the defensive side that can help this team. They've also got to sign Dalton Reisner, the guard that's to mems and Men's has already come out and said, I've got to have Dalton Reisner back here with me this past season.
Speaker 3: I'm sure they're gonna sign him. If not, they are out of their freaking mind. And then when you go into the draft, and we've.
Speaker 7: Talked about this, whatever the pick is at number ten, you take the best athlete available.
Speaker 3: Really, you really do. You just have to.
Speaker 7: You don't know what's gonna be there and who if they're gonna turn out any good. But I would like to see them if it comes down in the draft, if there's a defensive player that can help immediately, not know we're gonna, you know, bring him along. They've got to be able to step in there immediately. But again, that free agency, Gary Jeff, when it starts, the Benkers are got to jump in there and sign two guys right.
Speaker 3: Out of the way. And what I hear out of what did I hear to do Tobin. Well, you know, free agency, you never know what you're.
Speaker 7: Gonna get, depend on where you're at, you know, if somebody else to do.
Speaker 3: It, I don't want to hear that.
Speaker 1: Well hear that. What did you do with your phone? You sounded like you were underwater doing your impression of Duke Tobin there, But I heard basically what you said, and you're right, But Duke Tobin will sound like a clone of Mike Brown because guess who signs the paychecks unless he's using an auto pen like Joe Biden. I don't know what Mike Brown's check signing status is these days, but he is the owner and you've got to do what the boss says to do. So, I mean, did you expect Duke Tobin to be any more than just a mouthpiece for Mike Brown kind of his job.
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Well, well, the way it was played up, Duke Tobin's going to meet the press, and everybody was thinking and of course he got softball questions from the media, which you know, that's not surprising because every media member is scared to death that they'll lose their lunch at their their free lunch everyff Angles home game.
Speaker 3: But that's the truth. It really is.
Speaker 7: They're afraid they'll lose their free lunch and their media credentials that ask any tough questions. And again the fans, the fans I think expected more out of Duke Tobin, but when he when he may address free agency, he.
Speaker 3: Danced around that, well, he danced around that.
Speaker 1: There's no question that there is immense pettiness in our major sports organizations towards the media here. And if you aren't just being a homer all the time, or not asking tough questions or asking tough questions, then they can just turn it off their hospitality and they're welcome that for you. And I just wish that they weren't so thin skinned, because it seemed like the Reds are that way too well.
Speaker 7: And this act would not play well in New York or Chicago or Detroit, but you know it plays here. And then do you think with one radio station or you think one TV station, but have the kahonas one time just go in and say, you know what, we're going.
Speaker 1: To ask the tough questions.
Speaker 7: Instead, they asked questions like well, what did you have for dinner? Or you know, just stupid stuff. Asking Joe Burrow what did he get for Christmas? And what's your best Christmas gift?
Speaker 3: I mean, what is that? What's got to do with football?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 7: Before I let you go, I got to talk about Redsfest. Fred's best is Friday and Saturday. Okay, I'm going to Friday, But here's what baffles meet. The Red's Hall of Fame inductees for twenty twenty six are Aaron Harang, Brandon Phillips, Lou Panela, Reggie Sanders. None of those guys are gonna be at Redsfest. What in the hell are they thinking that they don't bring these guys in now? Lou Panela, Okay, I'll give him a pass. The guy's almost eighty years old. Stuff for him to travel. But Reggie Sanders, what could he be doing? Aaron Harang and Brandon Phillips, they can't be at Redsfest to meet the fans.
Speaker 3: And if you looked at the.
Speaker 7: Alumni list of the red who are going to be at Redsfest, Skeeter Barnes who? How many Reds fans remember Skeeter Bond Who Skeeter Barnes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, there you go. I mean there's just some of those names on there.
Speaker 7: I mean, Barry Larkin's there one day, Sean Casey is there one day, Bronson a royal at least, but ron Oaster's not there. Ron Oaster lives in town. Todd Benzinger, he lives in town. He was on the ninety team sit with the Rondeo and they're not there. Come on, man, I mean, how good you drop the ball of something like this?
Speaker 1: Well, it's you know, it's kind of like the Bengals having a Ring of honor and then they're not. They're not footing the bill for tickets and for you know, transportation and accommodations for those people. The Reds are kind of similarly the same way. I don't know all the ins and outs and the buying, the scenes workings. Maybe they asked Phillips, Sir Sanders or Harangue, but they just wouldn't agree to come. Maybe the Reds didn't make it appealing enough for them to come.
Speaker 3: You don't know that. Well, that could be true. And I'll tell you what this.
Speaker 7: I won't reveal the player's name, but I talked to him last week and I asked him if he was coming in.
Speaker 3: He goes, he goes, they want you to do a lot for nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go. So Reds fast is about the fans, and I would think that if these players are close by and they could make it, they would come for the fans if they're not going to come for the Reds. But the Reds definitely have a history, kind of like the Bengals, of not really fully honoring their former players or the players that they consider their greats in the Reds Hall of Fame, and they on it.
Speaker 7: We're gonna start with Wow, We're gonna start with ed Rouse, who was voted the greatest red I've already told you that you agree with me.
Speaker 3: They should have a statue.
Speaker 7: Of Ed Rouse out there on Crawsley Terrace, and why they don't It baffles me to this day. Voted the greatest Reds player in the first one hundred years, and he doesn't have a statue. But you have one of Joe Knuxall, and you have one of Ernie Lombardi, and you have one of Frank Robinson, and you have one.
Speaker 3: Of Ted Lezuski. I can't write.
Speaker 7: I don't recall Ted Klezuski won in any major award ever in his career.
Speaker 3: He had a lot of rons.
Speaker 7: He loved the fans loved them, but Ed Browse's a Hall of Famer and he's not being honored by the Reds.
Speaker 1: Oh say, Reds Fest this weekend. Make sure you get your tickets so you can see Skeeter Barnes National champions Wait.
Speaker 7: In fact, in fact, I'm going down early when the door's open, and I'm camping out at that table for Steter Barnes.
Speaker 1: Okay wild Man National Title College Football next Monday night. Indiana Miami. I mean, I think Miami's got a puncher's chance, but that's all. That Indiana team looks so solid from from the offense to the defense, to the special teams, and especially that coach Kurt Signetty.
Speaker 7: What do you think They're on a mission from God to win this title? And it will be almost like fifty years to the fifty years since another Indiana team went undefeated. That was the basketball Hoosiers Yunner Bob Knight. And I was in Bloomington that night that they beat Michigan. And you talk about a party, I mean I felt like it was that I was at the Reds World Series celebration. Indiana all has everything going for him right now.
Speaker 6: I mean that.
Speaker 7: Quarterback he's he's unstoppable and they're not getting cocky. And the coaches in Kacky, they know what they want to accomplish here and they got a chance to make history Gary Jeff becoming the first team in the playoff era to go sixteen and oh and I really think they'll do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do too. I feel pretty confident about Fernando Mendoza and Kurt Signetti and the rest of that Indiana team taking it all. A week from tonight. I also saw that you were mentioning a youth hockey game in Hershey, Pennsylvania that got a little out of hand, wild Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know if you saw the video.
Speaker 7: You can YouTube, but there was a youth hockey game in Pennsylvania and Hershey, Pennsylvania, Hershey, Pennsylvania. I've always wanted to go there and go to the factory. I've always wanted to go there. But yeah, a youth hockey game, A big, a big brawl between the teams broke out and it just went on and on. Were good for what I was watching a good three minutes. The parents didn't intervene, the officials didn't intervene, and I heard it like a week before they had another brawl like that.
Speaker 6: Good.
Speaker 1: They're just they're just didn't They're just they're just in training to be a future Cincinnati Cyclone. Wild Man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yess.
Speaker 3: Hey, there was a goal There was the goalie.
Speaker 7: There was a goalie from one of the teams that came in like the not that breaking up, but just to crush these guys. This goalie looked like he was thirty years old. They come in and just knocked like six kids down like they were bullet pins.
Speaker 3: Hey, that's not a good sign. That's not a good sign of the sports.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, hockey is no uh no stranger to fighting. You know what they called wild man.
Speaker 3: You can't have the youth kids doing that wild man.
Speaker 1: You know what they called youth hockey and hershey the team what the hershey squirts?
Speaker 3: Get out of it, wild man.
Speaker 1: See you later.
Speaker 3: I get those every once in a while.
Speaker 1: Right, we're here to go to White Cat's.
Speaker 3: You'll get them all the time.
Speaker 1: Bye, See you later, The wild Man. On the Nightcap, we continue. Nils Grivillius is coming up just after the news at ten into our number two of his nightcap on seven hundred WLW, one of my new favorite guests is rejoining us. He is the author of The Last law Man, The Stories of a Private Detective. He's based out in LA private investigator with more than thirty years of experience conducting cases across all fifty states and around the world, and he joins us now. His trench coach is ready, and so are his skills, his incredible abilities to discern and to detect. Nils Gravillius, Welcome back to the show.
Speaker 8: How are you well? I'm fantastic. I want to say hello to all your listeners, even the ones and see call me counterband. You know I'm an illegal alien in Covington and Cincinnati when I join your people on the radio here.
Speaker 1: Well, it's great to have you. I'll smuggle you in once again tonight. Nils, there are a couple of things I wanted to ask you, with all your detective experience, do you think that young Nick Shirley is a great detective for finding all this fraud that was happening in plain Sight and Minnesota.
Speaker 8: Well, Nick Shirley, this deserves the praise that he is getting. How about this? How great were those news organizations like Fox and CNN and whatever who could never follow up on this if it was so obvious that a twenty six year old kid with an iPhone could blow the whole thing apart in mere days and for years they completely ignored it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think Fox was the first to go ahead and pick up on it after it had gotten so many views on on X or whatever that they couldn't ignore it anymore. But you're right, for the most part, mainstream media was either asleep at the wheel, or maybe they were getting some of them were getting a little cut of all that cash that was flowing out of the federal coffers into Minnesota and then into that mainly Somali community there. It's just amazing that the leaders in Minnesota may not be held accountable ultimately for this, and the blame obviously should go at least partially to them, especially especially gone By.
Speaker 8: I would agree with you if we were in the Cheney administration still, But this is this is what I'll say. The whole thing was obvious. The traditional media is driving their getaway car, and they do this over and over again. They will amplify stories harmful to one side and bury stories harmful to the other side. And we know which side is whitch.
Speaker 1: Don't we Yeah, primarily. Yeah, the mainstream media has been basically an arm of the Democrat Party in this country for years and years and years, I mean ever since the days of Cronkite.
Speaker 8: Almost Okay, so hasn't it inverted now? Isn't the Democrat Party part of the media?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I mean it's the same thing. I mean, the mainstream media seems to be a fundraising arm for the Democrat Party with most of their reporting and stories.
Speaker 8: But the Democrats don't need Don Draper at Stirling Cooper to advertise for them as long as they have CNN, CBS, well, CBS less so now, but CNN, ABC, MSNBC, you know what, or they're calling themselves ease stage. You're correct. I think you're ownto something here. Man. You might be a detective yourself.
Speaker 1: ABC is one of the worst offenders. And you know, ms now is what they're calling themselves now because NBC kind of said, you know what, we really don't need that kind of bad press from your press, but abide awful, go ahead.
Speaker 8: Yeah, ABC's awful. Ms now was the boil that NBC finally lanced. Okay, so they've been doing this for years. My belief is that that Pam Bondy, despite whatever criticisms people have of ours, is going to go great guns against this thing. In Minnesota. We're going to see the Republican Party, the traditional GOP, move at the speed of Dutch Elm disease and drag their feet, okay, and it will be up to voters to make the max. And you know that's what we're seeing.
Speaker 1: I love the reference to Dutch Elm disease with the movement of the Republican Party doing anything positive, which is why they could very well again lose in the midterms and lose control of Congress, which you know, the Democrats are a record low in approval, lower than the presidents certainly, and lower than the Republicans in Congress, but Congress overall, the approval rating is exactly what they deserve. Well, I don't even think I think it's higher than what they deserve.
Speaker 8: Probably well, okay, I think Horsemanure has a higher polling number, but what do I know?
Speaker 1: Who am I gallop right exactly? I wanted to ask you too about these protests against federal law enforcement that have now taken the headlines away from the fraud. Do you think that that is any coincidence at all that all of a sudden these ice protests have risen up, and you have the woman who was you know, any loss of life is tragic. Let's start there. But secondarily, you have these ice protests now all around the country, anti ice protest with people are just These law enforcement people are just for the first time ever, been allowed to enforce the actual law that are on the books. And you know, as the author of the last law man, are there any law men left who can withstand the kind of George Sorow sponsored public scrutiny that is being brought to bear.
Speaker 8: Well, okay, sure, I have a couple of things to say. Gary. First of all, let's stop thinking of these people as civilians. You cannot identify an employer for this woman, Miss Nice or Miss Good or whatever her name was, who just got killed voluntarily in Minnesota. This is what they do, and you and I are paying for it. The money is coming out of our pockets. Partly, some comes from Soros and Reed Hoffman and people like that, but most of it comes through the NGOs that you and I fund. A homeless outreach, a drug addiction services, immigrant resettlement. All of that is cryptocurrency for the hard left. And if we took all that public money away from these people, these NGOs, there would be far less Marxist organization in our streets.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 8: Notice they never do this where they don't have partners in government. They have to have a performative partnering government that will not prosecute them for the crimes that they commit, the arson, the looting, the vandalism, the obstruction of justice. What is tim Palm, Timmy going to do with all this, Gary, He's going to do nothing. He's going to make a lot of noise about prosecuting this ICE agent, but he knows he has no cause of action against the man he was defending himself in the line of duty.
Speaker 1: You mentioned NGOs, and I've always wondered, Nils, how can it be a non governmental organization if it's getting federal tax dollars, if it's getting my money from the government, how can they call themself an NGO. I think if you call yourself an NGO, you how to be totally devoid and unable to get federal funding.
Speaker 8: Well, or that you should be completely neutral to politics. But that's not what they're doing. These are mercenary organizations. Of left wing politicians think of them as their form of blackwater. Stop looking at Antifa as college kids in Portland tuxedos and N ninety five masks. This is the Blue Klux Klan.
Speaker 1: Oh I love the Blue Klux Klan. Did you coin that?
Speaker 3: Just now?
Speaker 8: That's my portmanteau and I haven't copyrighted it, and I'm going to authorize you to distribute that all over the Ohio River Valley.
Speaker 1: Very very good. I love Blue Klux Klan. So is there a way now they're talking about there are Democrats talking about impeaching Christy Nome, the DHS Secretary, for merely instructing the agents of Ice to enforce the actual law on the books. Are they going to get any traction with this or is this just more noise making on the left.
Speaker 8: Well, if they retake Congress in twenty twenty six, expect them to to introduce articles of impeachment. And you know that Donald Trump has stones like paving stones, He's not going to allow it to happen. I'm going to point back to Secretary Dorcas Majorcus, who the guy letting all these people in, all these illegal aliens in Can I point something out about the Somali community. They are unlike other African immigrant communities. I've worked a law in Sub Saharan Africa. I know a lot of Africans from Ghana, Uganda, Rwanda, Rhodesia. No, I won't call it Zimbabwe, South Africa, et cetera, Kenya, Eritrea, Ethiopia. They're rugged individuals, they're entrepreneurial. They don't want to hand out, they want to hand up. And once they're here, they take foothold and run with the ball. They're all good men. But the Somali community seems to be as a warm eighty two percent on public assistance, almost as if they're a tapeworm that we've imported to clean ourselves out. While they virtue signal, the leftist, white, flabby white leftists in Minnesota virture signal about their immigrant community. Think that we need to work hard and fast to get rid of the ones who are a public charge, send them back to their home country so they can be a public charge in Somalia or wherever.
Speaker 1: Well. A big mistake was when they gave these people citizenship through temporary protected status, and that is extended from the Obama administration and perhaps before, but you don't get one hundred thousand Somalis in overnight and basically unvetted and let them fester and take over a whole community. I mean, the whole idea of immigration is supposed to be assimilating and becoming part of.
Speaker 8: The dult function. They're functioning as a terrorist state within our.
Speaker 1: Country right exactly.
Speaker 8: They arm ISIS and al Shabab and all these other militant groups. They send truckloads of money home through the Minneapolis airport every week. We need to pull apart their citizenship, the citizen is is them and eject them. We can do it. The provisions are in law. We just have to have people with stones enough to do it.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 8: Christy nom Donald Trump, Pam BONDI. I think they're tough, Tom Holman, They're all tough enough to do it. When you look at the Republicans in the Senate and Congress, we've got some weak sisters there, Gay, we really do.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 8: There are some Democrats who'd probably go along with this. I bet John Fetterman would go along with it.
Speaker 1: Oh, you know, it's amazing. Ever since the stroke he seemed to have regained some semblance of sense. He's still a Democrat, But every time he speaks it is so like, yeah, matter of fact, common sense, which is what I think a lot of people are craving in government, and it's so so much lacking in so many areas.
Speaker 8: What would Jeff do with this, this problem, this illegal alien problem in our country. I'm not sure what would what would what would Harry Truman do?
Speaker 1: What would you suggest that I know what?
Speaker 8: Hell they do? He would eject them, He would eject them. He would he would use the military to eject them.
Speaker 1: But because it's the go ahead, go ahead with with your your.
Speaker 8: Dwight, Dwight, David Eisenhower deployed paratroopers to Arkansas to integrate the Little Rock public schools in the fifties. Yeah, there's precedent, and precedent is law, okay, so that this can be done. It's the willingness the problem we have, as you've said, we have a willingness problem in Congress well.
Speaker 1: And is most of the resistance you mentioned all these other great leaders of the past. Is much of the resistance just because it's Donald Trump who sits in the White House and everything he does has to be terrible.
Speaker 8: You know, I think they'd do the same thing to Ronald Reagan. Uh, but Ronald Reagan was also cut from the same cloth as Donald Trump. He was just a little bit more polite. You know. Yeah, we've got a real problem within the GOP. You know, I can barely stand the GOP. And if the Democrats can ever summon the sand and forder to to create leaders like JFK again, I might be a Democrat again. But I don't see that on the horizon. I don't think JFK could get one percent of the Democrat vote today.
Speaker 1: Well, he's certainly not a Democrat. That's that would be a part of this party which is basically appealed so far to the left of their socialist mob that is uh, that is running seemingly uh the entire uh, the entire Congress and Senate.
Speaker 8: I mean right, the Party of Kennedy is now the Party of Oswald.
Speaker 1: Maybe go farther than that, the Party of Kennedy is now the Party of Khrushev.
Speaker 8: Seems like, yeah, exactly, I think I think you're correct, Garrett. You look at you. You've come up with another one here. You've outdone me.
Speaker 1: Nothing as good as Blue Klux Klan Nils. I'm sorry. Talking to Nils Gravillius from Gravillia's Detective Services, can you think of something just right off the top of your head that surprised you in one of your cases, something that maybe give me one instance of something that really stunned you when you looked into the case and it was something completely different than you had thought it was when you started. I don't know.
Speaker 8: Well. I was once looking at an organized crime ring that was licensing establishments with the laquor license, over ensuring them and then burning them. Wanted a time to collect insurance money, and the mayor of the city wanted this clamp down on And when I learned that the man behind the arsons, the primary investor in all these liquor licenses, was an organized crime figure, was represented by a lawyer who was also on the city fire commission. And I went back to the mayor and I said, one of your fire commissioners is the lawyer for the primary suspect. The mayor ignored me, and the arsons continued.
Speaker 1: Speaking of organized crime and arson and places burning down. Have you ever looked into the Beverly Hills supper club fire that infamously happened.
Speaker 6: Down in Kentucky.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Actually it's about the site of where the Beverly Hills Supper Club was is about a half mile from where I live.
Speaker 8: That's pretty amazing. I had a friend, or I still have a friend named Danny Sexton, it's from that part of Kentucky, who was a cavalry scout and first of the fifty eighth Infantry with me at Fort Benning forty odd years ago, and Danny narrowly escaped that fire. Danny Sexton is a fantastic man. He's her grandfather. Now, that sort of thing. I've never looked into the Beverly Hills Supper Club fire. I've read every Wikipedia entry on it. It's a pretty fascinating thing. And it compares sort of to the Dorothy May Hotel fire in Los Angeles in nineteen eighty three.
Speaker 1: Well, there was a place in Fort Mitchell right down the road that also was initially mob controlled that burned down, called the Lookout House, and that happened before the Beverly Hills Supper Club fire. But apparently the man who was running the business, the owner, was approached by the Cleveland mob which had originally established this place, and then sold it to him and he was making money hand over fist legally, legitimately, and they came to him and they insisted that he turned the business over to them, and when he refused, all these people are dead and the places burned to the ground. And then it was you want to talk about being looked over by governmental officials and just ignored in the state of Kentucky. It went all the way to Frankfurt and they said, oh, it was just an electrical fire. It was clearly our arson and everything that I've read, and it was all done by the mob and then covered up by the government officials.
Speaker 8: Well, the mob buys shares in whatever the power structure is to the greatest extent that they can. When you stay the Cleveland Mob, you're probably meaning Shang Draper and Danny Green, perhaps maybe Reuben Sterman, rubinstem you know who Ruben was.
Speaker 1: No, tell me about Ruben Steerman.
Speaker 8: He was probably the most prolific pornographer in the pre vhas area in terms of era, in terms of distribution. He owned a comic book warehouse in Cleveland, and with comic books he distributed smut, you know, the little three minute reels that you play in a coin operated machine. In a dirty booth in the back of a bookstore, that sort of thing, and felthy magazines and whatever, and his comic book enterprise was covered for the pornography. He made ten times money from the pornographers as he did the comic books, and it was the irs. It finally took him down. Richard Rossfelder brought I r S an FBI agency and I think in seventy six or seventy seven kicked the doors in and took the man into custody. He was protected by the de Cavo Kante found out of Rhode Island, which was a subset of the Patriarchus.
Speaker 1: Wow. I love being educated on this show. And you never you never failed to help me with that. Nils Gravillius.
Speaker 8: Thirteen. I went to Terre Hate and I interviewed a man who was probably involved in the assassination of Danny Green in Cleveland with a dynamite balm in nineteen seventy seven. He was involved, I believe in the assassination of a guy named Jack Molinas, who was a bookie and a former pro basketball player in Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: Amazing Nils Gravillius. The last lawman is the book out.
Speaker 8: Now, Nils. It's available for pre order. It's called The Last Lawman. It's my professional memoir. You can order it on Amazon. It'll be delivered in June, just in time direct Father's Day. It's four years in the Pinkerton Service, US Army counter Intelligence and of course our glorious infantry and Cavalry. I had a fantastic tom. I'm still running and gunning on the streets of Los Angeles here in my sixties, and I'm standing by for more action. Gary. I'm always standing by when next time you call me, let's talk a bit about the Pinkerton Service, because they operate in secrecy and a lot of people are completely unaware.
Speaker 1: Ah. That's a continuing education for me. Nils, thank you so much, and God bless.
Speaker 8: Stay safe and sency and say hello to all your listeners on both sides of the river.
Speaker 1: Young man, you got it doing it right now. Nils Gravilius joining us again. The Nightcap continues after News, which is next on seven hundred WLW. As we continue on this Monday evening, the Nightcap rolls on with Jeff Crueer from New Orleans, a man who is into ringside politics in big ways, and we'll get into that in just a moment. But Jeff, it's a pleasure to talk to you. How are you, and happy New Year, Happy new Year.
Speaker 6: Great to be with you.
Speaker 9: Yes, it's going to be a better twenty twenty six, I'm predicting.
Speaker 1: I have felt that way ever since before the stroke of midnight on January thirty first, yeah, or December thirty first. I just had this incredible feeling that it's not just the political wishes of the Trump administration and his economic advisors, but I just feel like in every way, twenty six is going to be good, and I think part of that is going to be that the Democrats do not win back control of the House of Representatives. What do you think of the odds are that the Republicans can hang on?
Speaker 9: Boy, I'm praying because it would be just a disaster. If the Democrats take control, they'll do what they always do and impeach the president. In fact, he said it the other day, it's a meeting with House Republicans that he believes that's going to happen, that they're going to be teaching him again. So I'm just worried about the midterms. Obviously, the party out of power historically wins right, and the Reblicans have such a slim majority. I mean, man just died the other day, and you know, Marty Taylor Green resigns, so I mean it's just very, very slim majority. But here's what I'm predicting. I think they'll they'll be a better economy by the election. I think you'll see interest rates come down more. I think you'll have inflation under control, gas prices will be down. So I think we'll have that affordability factor which Americans have been looking for, and you know, I think which the Trump.
Speaker 8: Administration is delivering.
Speaker 9: Remember that unaffordability was due to Joe Biden and the Democrats, not President Trump.
Speaker 1: It's it's all in the messaging thing and how well they can market that message and get people to believe it. People just believe what they see. This instant gratification society we live in. They believe what they see right now, and if they don't see it getting any better within a week, well then it must suck and and we've got to change horses in the middle of the stream. But I believe that Bassent and Hasset are right when they say that twenty six by by June, we're going to start seeing the results of not only the continuation of the tax cuts, but also all of this money that has been pouring into the US economy since President Trump took office. I think it's about too and and inflation and energy prices are so key. When when President Trump said drill, baby, drill and talked about how important energy costs are when it comes to the entire economy, because we run on we run on fossil fuels, we run on energy, and it's gotta, it's gotta. The prices are going to come down. I know they are because I've already seen it.
Speaker 9: What what well And then you know what happened in Venezuela is just going to help us. The price continue to go down. And guess what we might be getting two thousand dollars tariff rebate checks that might be happening midyear. So there are a lot of good things that I think are going to be happening. You know, the tariffs were instituted, and that so called experts said that that was going to lead to high inflation, and that never materialized.
Speaker 1: As far as the rebate checks go, Jeff, nobody needs to buy my vote, I would rather see it go to reduce the debt. And now we're finding out that they're much there must there may be as much as one point seven trillion dollars in fraud, not just from the COVID scams and schemes, not just from Somali daycares, but from Medicare and medicaid. That one point seven trillion dollars would go a long way, although we're never going to get the money back to you know, doing something about that thirty eight trullion dollar debt we're all living with.
Speaker 9: Well, I mean, DOSE was doing a great job on covering fraud and they.
Speaker 2: Randy Lundmok out of town.
Speaker 9: I think the Vice president talked the other day about having a special d o J Assistant Attorney General focused on fraud, and I think that's good. So yeah, I mean there's there's untold billion. Yeah, I think your state there, that's just right for it.
Speaker 1: You kind of you kind of faded out there, but I got the gist of it. I wanted to ask you about since you were a New Orleans born and raised guy, I want to ask you about some recent history of your city, and I want to take you back to the jail break that occurred where all of those inmates got out and they eventually rounded up and the like. But do you know where that jail is and have they done anything about it? And howt how corrupt is the correctional system in the city in which you live.
Speaker 9: Well, one of the reasons why I believe twenty twenty six will be a better year is because twenty twenty five was so bad for New Orleans. Yeah, I mean, we started with a terror attack and fourteen innocent people were killed. The guy drove down Bourbon Street and the police didn't barricade the street, so he was able to access it and kill fourteen people. And then we had a jail break. As he said, ten hardened criminals were able to escape and they rode on the wall. You know, lol, you know, too slow, too easy, I mean they were they just busted, busted through a toilet and had inside help. Ten of them were on the loose. One of them is finally caught months and months and months later. They got them all. But one thing the voters did do is they throughout the sheriffs. And there's a new sheriff who's has responsibility for the prison and the new Sheriff's got a lot more credential, and I think it's going to do a much better job.
Speaker 1: Well, New Orleans has traditionally been such a heavy Democratic stronghold, even when the rest of the state didn't necessarily go along with the politics of that. Do you see New Orleans changing at all as far as the electorate and the people that they are voting into power? Will it continue to be a Democrat stronghold? And will the the well chronicled corruption continue in that city? It seems it seems indem Yes, yes it will.
Speaker 9: Well, we are a red we are a blue island and a red sea. I mean Louisiana as a red state, and New Orleans is the progressive capital. And you know, we haven't elected a Republican mayor since eighteen seventy two. There are no no, there are no Republicans in office.
Speaker 4: None, zero, We don't have any.
Speaker 2: Well, and it's so bad.
Speaker 9: In the last in the last election, the Republican candidate for mayor, huh he got two percent of the vote.
Speaker 1: Jeez, but we had something like that. Well, see, Cincinnati is the same way. Ohio is a red state. Kentucky on the other side of the Ohio River is basically a red state, except in the state House in Frankfurt, where we have Governor Basher, who I called the boyd dictator during COVID and Cincinnati, I mean the guy who was the Republican running against the incumbent aftab pure Vole, which I enduringly call asshat pure evil.
Speaker 6: But the.
Speaker 1: Republican challenger was a local preacher, he owns a coffee shop. He is in the community all the time talking to people, and he got scant. I don't know if you even got two percent of the vote, Jeff, and it's Cincinnati is exactly the same way. But there seems to be a maybe because of reputation, just a CD underbelly feeling about New Orleans. Sometimes if you don't live there and you think about it from a national perspective, are we way off base.
Speaker 9: It's a great city to visit. I mean, we have wonderful hospitality, with the best restaurants in the world. There's so many fun things to do. We host a Super Bowl better than anybody.
Speaker 4: We got the Marti.
Speaker 9: Garol coming up in a few weeks and it's any of your listeners that have not been I recommend it's fantastic. So if you know where to go and if you're just careful, you can have a great time here. Unfortunately, we do have criminals that the Democrats don't want to put behind bars, and we've got liberal judges and a liberal da and we've got all these liberals and you know, their beliefs on criminal justice, very soft on crime, and those that have a law and order mentality just do not get elected, even conservative Democrats.
Speaker 10: So we're burdened by all this. And it's a you know, tale of two cities.
Speaker 9: You've got the wonderful attractions, all the great things you can do, and then you've got the problems. And in the corruption. Just to give you a little example of the corruption, two out of our last three mayors.
Speaker 8: Have been indicted.
Speaker 9: We've got we've got a mayor now who's just left office today. So a new mayor was inaugurated today who is another liberal Democrat. But the old liberal Democrat who just left is going to be going to trial over the next few months. And you know, the beat goes on one of the candidate, and it's for mayor was a former convicted city council member and voters chose did not choose him, but chose another woman who's a former broadcaster TV anchor, who is now going to be the mayor.
Speaker 10: But she's she was.
Speaker 9: Sworn in today by Kamala Harris, which gives you an example of where she's coming from, no doubt.
Speaker 1: So I remember famously Ray Nagan also found some legal trouble, the same that's the same Ray Nagan, who, of course, after Katrina, had they instituted vote by facts for mayor. I remember that, and we all saw what voting by mail did to the twenty twenty election. I can't imagine voting by facts being any more or stable, or efficient or actually legal, but that actually happened.
Speaker 10: Rain Egen was a disaster.
Speaker 9: I mean, I don't know if you remember his speech where he vowed that New Orleans would remain.
Speaker 2: A chocolate city.
Speaker 8: Yes, he was. He was all.
Speaker 9: Worried that, you know, after Katrina, you'd have some of the African American populations maybe to have white folks come in here. And the demographics didn't change much and the politics didn't change much.
Speaker 10: So New Orleans is still a chocolate city.
Speaker 1: Well you have Louisiana, no stranger to corruption and flamboyant politicians going all the way back to Huey Long, the Kingfish. You have one of I would say, one of my favorite people in politics from Louisiana. And of course I'm speaking of the one and only Senator John Kennedy, who a treat He's a national treasure. What's the opinion of John Kennedy there in your state, Jeff?
Speaker 2: I mean, I think he's popular.
Speaker 9: People see him on Fox News all the time.
Speaker 8: He's someone who's.
Speaker 9: Comfortably ahead in his reelection. He's going to run again, I think, not in this cycle, but the next cycle.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: The one who I think has got problems is Bill Cassidy, who is the rhino who voted to convict President Trump. And he's got some serious competition coming up in the spring. So Cassidy is I think unpopular. Kennedy is popular. So we've got a split Senate delegation here.
Speaker 1: I've got a friend who does a great John Kennedy impression, and maybe I can I can kind of approximate it and run this by you real quickly, if you don't mind, if you'll indulge me.
Speaker 8: Go ahead.
Speaker 1: Well, Jeff, it's like this, I'd rather go to the butcher to find a good cut of steak. But AOC wants to stick your head up the bulls ass. He does the face and everything looks up. Well it's like this. But anyway, very colorful character and very much appreciate.
Speaker 8: What, no doubt what are you.
Speaker 9: We do have colorful politicians down here in Louisiana. Remember our former governor Edwin Edwards, I mean, you know, four times elected. I mean he ran against you know, KKK leader David Duke yep, and he famously said there's a similarity between David Duke and myself.
Speaker 8: We're both wizards under the sheep.
Speaker 10: I remember that.
Speaker 1: It was incredible. I think I borrowed that line at one time or another. So you you do a show called Ringside Politics. You're on twice daily on wgso.
Speaker 9: On in the morning, yes, on in the morning, seven to nine, in the evening, six to seven, correct.
Speaker 1: All right, And what are you going to be talking about in the next day or so on Ringsite?
Speaker 9: Well, we thought about the inauguration of the new mayor, okay, and how she was inaugurated by with Kama hass.
Speaker 1: Very good, very good President Trump. Can he do anything right? In the eyes of Democrats?
Speaker 11: Jeff no, I think, you know, I think it's an interesting question.
Speaker 8: I'm not sure.
Speaker 11: You know, Uh, we'll just have to just see.
Speaker 9: How things turn out, you know, will be of course. And what do we do on my show is you know we follow all this stuff very closely he can, and you know, we're examining it from every angle. And I mean this is never adult day. I mean we got so much, I mean, from the New Orleans, Louisiana corruption, the politics, what's going on nationally. Donald Trump gives us so many topics each and every day. I mean, it's just, I mean it never ends. Were you, it's just every day, every day we're just overloaded.
Speaker 1: Were you personally in favor of sending uh some federal law enforcement help to New Orleans as a president has done in other cities?
Speaker 8: Yes? And yes?
Speaker 1: How I mean was that ever allowed to happen fully?
Speaker 10: Or?
Speaker 1: I know there was an uphill battle about that everywhere you.
Speaker 6: Know, our liberal, our liberal.
Speaker 9: You know, uh and the city council were against it. Yeah, they they didn't want it. But the governor, who's a Republican supported Jeff Landry, who's now the special envoy to Greenland. And yeah, so we got help down here. Ice came down and they got outside of these folks they needed to be removed. And we've got the National Guard here through Marti Gross which is on the seventeenth of February. So you know, we got three hundred and fifty National Guard soldiers who were supplementing.
Speaker 2: The police, and the police need.
Speaker 9: Help because they're only nine hundred officers. Were six hundred officers short of what.
Speaker 8: We should be.
Speaker 1: Wow, is that because you can't hire them? Nobody wants to do the job. Is this part of some great defunding reimagining effort by the local city government? Six hundred office.
Speaker 9: They liked to hire them, they'd like to hire them, you know. But after the George Floyd and the defund the police, I mean, you had departments all over the country that lost officers, and we were no exception. And then we've had what's called a federal consent decree, so our police department has been run by the federal government for a few years because there were so much corruption, you know, mismanagement and problems with the officer behavior. We finally got that lifted. So bank goodness of Trump administration lifted the federal consent decree. So now the NPD, the Orange Police Department can run themselves, and I think that'll help them recruit some more officers because they have a good salary. I mean, they're paying decent salary. We're competitive with the surrounding area. So I'm hoping we'll be able to get some more. And you know now that the corrupt mayor who is indicted is leaving the new mayor who makes a better presentation and is a great communicator, but she's a liberal, maybe there'll be more people that want to come work for the NPD, I hope.
Speaker 1: So how are carjackings.
Speaker 9: Steady business for carjackers? But I think it's it's not at the height. I mean, we were the crime capital of the nation in twenty twenty two. We've actually shown some progress since then. So I will give credit to the governor because he sent a continuing in the state police down here to help you in OPD and that's helped us bring the crime rate down significantly.
Speaker 1: Well, fantastic. I wish you a prosperous and safe twenty twenty six and have a good show, and we'll talk to you soon, I hope. Jeff Crueer Well.
Speaker 9: From New Orleans I'm here whenever you need me.
Speaker 1: Thanks so much, Thank you.
Speaker 8: Sir.
Speaker 1: Ringside Politics as his show, and he has a YouTube show as well. Look for Cruere and mind your Piece and q's and eat your gumbo. Darn it more of the Nightcap. Just add on seven hundred WLW Hey January twelve, twenty twenty six. And joining us now on the telephone is doctor Kazim Kaseronian. He's a professor of mechanical engineering at the University of Connecticut, served as dean of the College of Engineering there from twenty two well to twenty twenty four, and a member of the Free Iran Scholars Network. A passionate advocate for democracy and human rights, Doctor Caseronian also an expert on Iran and the Middle East, and there of course is so much focus on what is going on inside Iran right now and what may very well be happening in the near future to that theocratic reign that the Iatolas have had an iron grip on. It looks like the grip is slipping, and there were people like doctor Kaseronian who are are anxious waiting for a change in their home country. Doctor Kazeronian, welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: It is wonderful to be with you today.
Speaker 1: So you've been in this country obviously for a long time. When did you When did you leave Iran? Did you leave when the government fell, the Shah's government, or how long have you been in America?
Speaker 2: So about two months prior to that. It has been now forty eight years that I have been in this country.
Speaker 8: And I left.
Speaker 2: Iran as a student two months before the revolution, and right after the nineteen seventy and seventy nine revolution, my wife and I became political refugees in this country and could not go back anymore simply because you were opposing the theocratic dictatorship that was being established then.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you had gone back, a good chance you'd probably be in prison or killed.
Speaker 2: Exactly. Our name has been actually on the list that leads to exactly that. Yes, So all of that because you were demonstrating in Chicago. That's where my wife and I students in Chicago against and the regime against them, taking American hostages against them, basically suppressing, very brutally suppressing opposition inside Iran.
Speaker 1: Now, there have been all kinds of rumors unsubstantiated that because of the unrest within Iran of the people rising up against this theocratic dictatorship, that maybe the Ayatola has fled or the Mullas are fleeing. I mean, do you see that as being part of what's going on right now? Is it possible that actually the people who have held that iron grip for all these years are now turning and running and hiding.
Speaker 2: So there are a few things that I can definitely cite as facts. One is that the fear has shifted. The fear has shifted from people on the street to the regime itself. And basically we are seeing that the resistance units on the streets of Tehran as well as the people, are attacking postar On, which is the revolutionary gods of the current regime, and they're attacking them. They're attacking their strongholds, they are attacking their bases, they're taking their cars, they're burning their signs, they're burning their buildings. So certainly there is there are elements within the current Iranian army, the regime's army, revolutionary guards, that are putting arms down and fleeing, and the Dietolas themselves they're ruling. They're ruling class has been stealing the riches of the country and sending it abroad, creating a ness for themselves getting ready for days like this, this, this this uprising that we are right now. I believe on day sixteen of No it was we could clearly see that this is coming. Not not the date and not the spark that has started it, but it was very well expected. I don't know if this this time it's going to lead to a total collapse of the regime or not, but it's certainly moving in that direction. And I would say that the factors, both the international factors as well as the internal factors, have have lined up. Of course, there are impediments. Of course, there are challengers, and we can talk about what they are. But certainly we are moving in a direction that my family and I have been hoping for nearly fifty years now.
Speaker 1: Amazing is and most of the most of the unrest right now more in just revolting because the economy is so is collapsing and people can't. I mean, there's a famous saying in this country when it comes to our elections, it's the economy stupid. Is this having as much to do with what's going on right now? The current uprising as any opposition to the theocratic rulers, it.
Speaker 2: Is undoubtedly a critical element of it. Now that the economy is in total collapse, the environment is also in total collapse. There is a bankruptcy of water inside.
Speaker 6: Iran all the way Iran.
Speaker 2: There are basically the agriculture has come down to a halt because of lack of water. Because mismanagement of water resources, there is a total shortage of fuel for cars and energy for houses. And under top of that, the suppression of personal freedoms for people, political freedoms for for everyone, undrest in the universities because they lacked They lack the freedom and the autonomy that academic environment should have. Everything has lined up. At the same time, the Iranian regime have lost its ability to negotiate on the nuclear stuff for for obvious reasons. For because they have they have lost their new new the atomic bomb production capability. At least for now, they have lost their You know, Iran, we have been referring to it as the head of the snake, and they have lost their proxy forces in the region.
Speaker 12: With being in leven b in Lebanon, in in in Asa, in in Graza and and other those areas being in mn or Afhanissant or Iraq.
Speaker 2: They have lost their regional power. So the Iranian regime is at its leakest possible point, and the people and the people's uprising has been is right now in the in the most powerful position they have been in the last fifty years.
Speaker 1: I know that there are a lot of Iranians, such as yourself, who are in this country who are part of UH I don't know. I've talked to a couple of people who are part of the government in absentia waiting for the Ayatolas to leave and the regime to collapse completely, to go back. What would be your hope if that does happen? If the regime collapses, the Iranian Republican Guard lays down their weapons against the people. That's that's always the danger. That's always a real flash point in world history. When a brutal dictatorship that has an iron fist over the people does finally collapse. In that vacuum, sometimes there is something formed that's just as bad or worse. So I mean, is what is your hope, doctor Caseronian?
Speaker 2: So to begin with your last world, I can't imagine anything worse than the characters in However, however, basically probably about two years or two three years right to the in the nineteen seventy nine revolution, a coalition, a democratic coalition was formed under the name of National Council or Resistancy of Iran. That coalition is a coalition of many political organizations and non individual politicians, artists, university professors are probably hundreds of them. And that coalition stands for a secular, democratic republic in Iran. And I want to emphasize each one of these wars. It needs to be democratic. People need to be able to vote their own government and their own rulers. It needs to be secular. There has to be a total separation of religion and the government. People should be able to freely practice their own religion. And it has to be republic. Because the era of monarchy and kings and sons of kings and being in power because your genes dictate that are passed and it has always been a disaster. Actually, we have Homini because we had Shaw prior to that, and because of his brutal suppression of the intellectuals and the universities and political opposition, we ended up with Comany. We don't want to go back to it that I'm talking about this, I will be a messive. I don't mention that one of the challenges that the people of Iran have right now is smoky screens that are created by opportunistic forces that that all they do is muddy up the waters. They don't have coalitions, they don't have plans for Iran, and and top among this list of opportunistic forces is the son of the old Shah who is now suddenly back from vacation and then from fifty years sixty years are enjoying the riches of the country that his father took and is claiming is claiming leadership, and that that would be a disaster for the Iranian people. He's a figure that is hated inside Iran, but there are there are some mouthpiece is and there are some special interest groups that are pushing him. So that is one thing that I'm when I have an opportunity to talk to American people and through them to American politicians, emphasized that listen, Iranian people should have the opportunity to rule themselves, should have an opportunity to practice democracy, should have an opportunity to choose their own leaders. So we do not want to go back to monarchy. We do not want the current regime.
Speaker 1: We're talking to doctor Casaronian, and again he is a professor of engineering at the University of Connecticut. You've been there for a while. Did you receive engineering training when you were before you left Iran? Did that happen all when you came to the United States.
Speaker 2: I thought that my engineering training in Iran, but that was about two three years before the revolution, and at the revolution time, a couple of months actually before that, because the universities were shut down. My wife and I left Iran the booth engineering a students and to continued our studies at the University of Illinois.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, fantastic. I wanted to I wanted to also ask you, is there is there a really strong Islamist kind of feeling among the people in Iran? I mean, would they continue those policies that the Iotolas have brought forth in the Middle East? Uh, the the continued death to Israel, death to America kind of sentiment that we've seen in in these Islamist strongholds. I mean, what what is what is the people's mindset in Iran who aren't part of the government.
Speaker 2: So it is actually a wonderful question, and I'm happy to have an opportunity to correspond to that. Like any other community, like any other society, like American society, there is a broader spectrum of people, people who are religion religious, and people who do not practice religion, and that there are all sorts of gray areas in between them.
Speaker 8: So is Iran.
Speaker 2: Homini represents a very small faction of the Iranians, a very very small of the Iranians who are so fundamentalist and who are so radical in their beliefs and have very skewed ideas and interpretations of what the religion is. And I'm sure that you can find small radical factions like that in any other religion. They do not present the Iranian people. And actually, if you ask me, I don't even think that they are musclim There are good religious people. They are Muslims simply because the prostitution in Iran, for example, is controlled and run by the revolutionary guards. They're smuggling of drugs, they're smuggling of alcohol in Iran, although if they catch someone with these things probably the punishment is severe, goes all the way to execution is controlled by the current regime. These these are a bunch of thiefs and thiefs and and dogs that are running the country. And I think that for for now they have found religion to be a good instrument too to advance their ill wills, and and and before and and beyond the Iran they they export this ideology to Iraq, to to the whole region, to Iraq, to to Lebanon, to Panistan, to Yemen, to all those other areas, to Turkey. So if Iran, if he ran, if hern experiences democracy, we're going to see a tsunami of democracy in the region. You're going to just imagine how much has been the cost of fighting fundamentalism to the West, to United States, for in particular, how much have we as taxpayers in America have paid for fighting fundamentalists, fundamentalism in Iran and its impacts in the region. By getting rid of that, we actually, you know, there would be such a welcome chance into the whole world. We're going to feel the ramifications of that everywhere. And then I should also indicate that the Iranians are not asking for American boots underground or any boots underground. They're not asking for weapons, they're not asking for arms. They're not asking for money. All they're asking is for the rest to recognize their rights to resist and as and and as such, implement policies, implement sanctions against the current regime, the revolutionary guards, and anyone who is affiliated with that, and and and and truly truly respect those sanctions.
Speaker 1: Well, I think the current American administration has been doing that because him for uh the last year, and they've been very clear that they're going to enforce those sanctions. To cut off already and oil is to cut off the money supply which which they import their murder and mayhem the rest of the Middle East. But it wasn't always that way. The former administration seemed to, I don't know, almost encourage Iran to continue that that kind of activity in that part of the world.
Speaker 2: You are, I couldn't agree with you more. The policy of appeasement that we have experience, appeasement of the Iranian regime that we have experienced over the last I would say thirty years have been disastrous, not only disasters for the Iranian people, but disasters for the whole world. And it has been welcome by the Iranian rulers. I am so delighted to to know that President Trump is serious about the sanctions, is serious about change in Iran, is serious about holding the Iranian rulers accountable for their crimes. At the same time, No, there's always this this worry incite me that if something might change and we may go back to the policies of appeasement.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so that that.
Speaker 1: No, I'm sorry. You know, Barack Obama famously went on his what they called an apology tour when he took office in the Middle East, and all of the money that was sent to Iran and the the nod in a wink to their nuclear program and everything else that was done. This had to be undone in the last year of President Trump's second term, and you know, he did a lot during his first term, and then that was all unwound by Joe Biden in his administration. So I think that we're seeing a positive foreign policy towards Iran now, and it's it's actually pro Iranian people, but against the Iranian regime. And that's the important distinction we all have to make.
Speaker 8: I think.
Speaker 2: Absolutely yes, and I appreciate the distinction. Know that, you know, you mentioned President Barack Obama. I remember that there was a major uprising when he was in the office in the United States and people sent on the street where Obama, Obama, are you with them or US? I'm translating it to English, but this was the chance, are you with them? Them being the Onion regime or US? And and unfortunately he ended up with them, and as you said, provided them a ton of money as a life, as a lifeline to survive, and they did survive, and they did glorish because of that support. That that must have stopped. Two things I would I would appeal to American politicians and two things. One is that the appeasement does not work inside the government inside Iran. There are no rules there.
Speaker 6: There is no one.
Speaker 2: That that could come out and suddenly become democratic after fifty years.
Speaker 1: And what's what's the What's the second thing, real quick, doctor, The.
Speaker 2: Second thing is that the shaw has the Sun is not an alternative for the Iranian people. Right, don't don't fall for it. We made that mistake in nineteen fifty. We paid the price for about eighty years. Now, don't repeat that.
Speaker 1: Doctor Kazim Caasaronian, thank you so much for your time, and I pray that your country returns to the world of civility.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, and it was wonderful to be on your show.
Speaker 1: All right, thanks for being here. I appreciate your time. JT. Young will close out the Nightcap in just a few minutes. On the Nightcap on seven under WLW our next guest is a repeat offender. I mean he's a repeat cat. He's not an offender. He has been on the program multiple times and we always have him back, but because he's one of the most thoughtful writers on politics and opinion in the country and current events, and he is back for another bite at the Apple tonight and we're so glad to have him back. JT. Young, Welcome back to the show. How are you.
Speaker 10: I am fine, Gary, and it's great to start a new.
Speaker 6: Year with you.
Speaker 1: A couple of a couple of articles that we'll start with here in the Conversation on Blaze Media, and you can find JT. Young's work on Substack and often on Blaze. The fraud that thrived under Democrats in Minnesota and the no questions asked rule that was at work in that state apparently for a long long time, and especially under the reign of the current governor, Tim walls. As you write, you start, Democrats bear clear responsibility for Minnesota's spiraling federal program payment scandal. Either they failed to conduct meaningful oversight of billions in public funds over many years, or they conducted none at all. Their early response to the scandal explains why they subjected its perpetrators to an unconscionably low standard of scrutiny, and I think that is becoming more and more apparent by the day. JT. What is troubling is I just talked to a friend last night who lives out in Colorado, but she's got very good friends she's known for like twenty five years, who live in Minneapolis, about actually about three miles away from where the ice protests were being conducted over the weekend, And they said, sure they knew about the scandal. Nobody seemed to care. So I mean, at a certain level, yeah, the Democrats bear responsibility, But the people who elected them, who apparently don't care that billions of tax dollars, federal tax dollars went out the door by fraudulent means, Apparently the citizenry doesn't care very much. Your thoughts on.
Speaker 10: That, Yeah, I certainly hope that's not the case. I think what we're I think, you know, you'll see isolated incidents in your own life, and I think we're going to see this more and more, especially as more goes to trial, more people are convicted, and more people are encouraged to strike plea deals, you know, for more lenient sentences, and they start giving over more evidence.
Speaker 6: That we have.
Speaker 10: Yeah, these people were ignored or shunted a side, or actually, in some cases we're hearing, you know, we're persecuted for trying to be whistleblowers. I think that so often people saw only the microcosm in which they live, But we're going to see all these dots.
Speaker 6: Start to connect.
Speaker 10: I think over the next months, as more of these come forward and more scrutiny has given, more people are taken trial, and I think the massive scope is beyond anything.
Speaker 6: That we really know now or.
Speaker 10: That any of the people who had witnessed fraud. You know, you always imagine, well, maybe this is.
Speaker 6: Just happening in my own neighborhood, Maybe.
Speaker 10: This is just a one off episode, you know. I think most people generally try to give the benefit of the doubt, and I think what we're going to see is no this was organized, that this was ongoing, this was going on for years, and because there was a sense that there would be no accountability, that this whole scandal actually probably you know, grew like a cancer, you know, so rapidly that I would bet that a lot of the fraudsters were themselves shocked that we can now take this to a level.
Speaker 6: That we had never imagined. And I think what we're.
Speaker 10: Going to see is we're going to see numbers, We're going to see incidents, We're going to see duration that no one ever expected. And yet I think we're going to find that in some of these cases that there may have been actual complicity with people in the government that knew this was going up and absolutely turned the blind eye to it.
Speaker 1: Oh there has to be And you know Keith Ellison, who's the attorney general of that state, a former congressman, that is on tape saying to a group, don't worry, I'll protect you, you know, as the fraud is being committed, apparently with his full knowledge. I mean, what kind of a legal liability is he possibly facing? JT. Do you think no?
Speaker 10: I mean, you know, at the end of the day, you're ultimate one is the voters. And this brings us back to where you were absolutely right. You know, are Minnesotans who are you know, are are are good people who you know have elected people and expected government.
Speaker 6: To run in a normal way.
Speaker 10: Is this going to be the tipping point? Because I think what we have seen is that an extremist Democrat leadership. And yes that starts with Tim Walls, and yes it extends down through the party. It goes to certainly Jacob Fray is the Minneapolis mayor.
Speaker 6: These people have governed Minnesota like it was Massachusetts. It's not.
Speaker 10: And if you look at election returns, especially at the presidential level, the Democrats have been skating on a thin margin, but they've been governing as though they were on the bopoly.
Speaker 6: And I think, and.
Speaker 10: I certainly hope that with these revelations, people will finally say.
Speaker 6: Enough and we're going to throw them out.
Speaker 10: And that's what it's going to take.
Speaker 1: Well, when you get basically one party rule, even if it's by a thin margin at the polls, this is what you get. You get fraud, corruption because there's no one there to check them. And you mentioned Massachusetts, you mentioned or didn't mention California, but that's another state that basically has one power, one party rule, an iron grip on power. And you know that the phrase absolute power corrupts absolutely definitely applies in this case.
Speaker 10: I think no, I think you're right, and I've been You know, monopolies are bad things, but it's so funny that Democrats rail against them and everything but the ones they control, and you don't.
Speaker 6: See them except in government.
Speaker 10: You know, in a free market, people will come in, they will enter into a market, they will compete, even at the smallest level than the ones that are successful will grow. But in a winner take all election, as just as you said, all you have to do is keep holding onto those thin majorities. But we have seen and you do see if you look at Minnesota's election results, those margins have been very thin, and less than a five percent voter swing in Minnesota would have turned Minnesota read for the first time since nineteen seventy two in the last presidential election. That's not a lot. And hopefully now as people see this scandal and the Democrats complicity in it, that this will be enough to finally push Minnesota over and we may have We're going to have a good matorial race there that's up. Will Klobatar run for that who's a sitting senator.
Speaker 6: They've already got.
Speaker 10: One of their senators who's retiring and who's running for that seat. But the lieutenant governor who would be was Walls's number two during this scandal. Yeah, I bring these elections up. These are all opportunities for the Minnesota populace to register their disapproval with the party that's brought them these scandals.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's going to be even with the scandal and all the evidence that this has been going on under the Democrats watch, do you think that it's gonna be maybe softened by the fact that it's a midterm election and usually, you know, the party in power in Washington doesn't do well in those midterm elections, I mean traditionally. Let yeah, let's switch gears into that we're here.
Speaker 10: I think, yeah, I think you make a very good point. And especially if we see something like Clobatorre, who's you know, is not involved as far as we know with this scandal, if she runs for governor, well then that would free up another another Senate seat, so they would have to have she can appoint a temporary replacement. But then they would have to have an election for that. You have the Senate election for Senator Smith who's retiring, and Flanagan is running, you know, and Flannagan has already gone and shot a video in which she donned the head scarf.
Speaker 6: Uh and I saw that, you know, announced.
Speaker 10: Her a solidarity with the Somali community. They're trying to make this into a fraud investigation look like racism. You know, Flannagan is very much tied through the administration to the scandal and the lack of oversight. So I think there's a good chance that she may feel the effect of this. And then if you had another Senate seat that has to be decided if clover Charge should win at.
Speaker 6: The governor's race and vacate that seat.
Speaker 10: I mean, the Democrats bench has got to be pretty tense, and we'll be sinn further by this scandal. So I think there's a good chance here. And then if you skip ahead to twenty twenty eight, which is now just two years away, if you have someone like a JD. Vance, if you have a Marco Rubio as the Republican nominee, someone who would allow people who have been negative on Trump in Minnesota to relook at you know, that would give him an excuse to relook at the Republicans. I think that there are a lot of opportunities here despite the midterm, that the localized scandal could be enough to make people really reevaluate where they've been voted.
Speaker 1: Well, it's a shame that we live in an environment and I understand that the President has played his role in this JT. But people who vote Democrat just because they can't stand Trump. I mean, there are a lot of people like me who voted for President Trump three times and would I would have foorth if constitutionally possible. But you know, being such a lightning rod and being someone that either you love him or you hate him, there's very little middle ground. You're right, A JD. Vance or a Marco Rubio would be a lot easier for people to take if they realized it was in their best interest to keep Democrats out of federal office, out of the executive chair of the White House, and in control of the House.
Speaker 10: And that you have these examples right in your own neighborhood, so to speak. I mean, these are Minnesota scandals. I thoroughly expect this scandal to go out beyond Minnesota.
Speaker 1: Oh, you know, I agree, And a lot of that was tied to all these these COVID giveaways. You know, COVID wasn't just an epidemic, a man made virus that leaked out of China and around the world. It wasn't just that it caused illness and caused governments to be authoritarian and make all these ridiculous mandates that weren't in many cases scientific, like the six foot rule. But COVID was more than that. COVID kept these kids out of school and retarded learning here in this country for a whole new generation of young people for no reason. COVID also created this this slush fund that was able to be you know, defrauded so easily because there was so many dollars flowing out nobody was even checking where they were going in many cases, correct, I mean, COVID, the COVID nineteen was so deadly in so many ways in our society.
Speaker 6: Right. No, you're absolutely right. It was a seismic.
Speaker 1: Event, and not just from a health standpoint. No, JT. You went away, government, you went away for a second.
Speaker 3: You there, Yeah, I'm here, Okay.
Speaker 1: Keep talking.
Speaker 10: Well, I think, uh, you know, from a governing standpoint. It was a seismic event as well as a health one. And we've already known, uh, you know, it was known some time ago that there was a lot of fraud. But I think again, we truly don't know how much fraud occurred, and I doubt we ever will. But if you remember, during a lot of those pandemic programs, people were allowed to self certify that they were eligible. People were literally throwing money out the door, yes and ordered, and they thought to keep the you know, the the economy in sustained during the shutdowns that other governments were inflicting at the state level. But it was intended to just get money out the door. And I think we're now seeing those chickens come home to roost. We're finding out that not only did this fraud encourage or not only did these programs encourage fraud, but they encourage people to think we can do this on a regular basis. It doesn't just have to be nobody's scrutinizing us at all. So let's continue to do it, and we can do it on a bigger and bigger levels.
Speaker 1: For example, on a personal note, JT. I was still working. In fact, I was working more on the radio than I had previously. I'm just a part time employee, but because the Reds and the baseball season had been suspended, I was able to work many, many shifts all through the summer, which I usually can't do. Now the bar was closed down where I was slinging drinks, but I was still making good money here, more than I would usually just for doing this my chosen profession. My wife, on the other hand, could not work her regular job, and she got the benefit of those government COVID checks every month. We were making more money than we had as a couple the entire time we've been married during the COVID thing. And you know, it was there. We weren't defrauding anybody that they were willingly writing her a check, you know, every month for X amount of dollars, no matter what what her income had been before. I mean, you know, outside of not being able to go anywhere or people telling us to mask up everywhere we went, it wasn't really a bad time for us personally. I got to be honest but kind so so what we're talking about, though, you can imagine with people see all this money being just thrown into the into the economy. The fraudsters and the people seeking uh you know, a criminal advantage here without ever being punished for it is huge. It's human nature.
Speaker 6: Yeah, No, and it was there for the taking. Yeah.
Speaker 10: And when it's there for the taking, you can bet that there will be.
Speaker 6: People there who will look to take their.
Speaker 10: Advantage and that opportunity to illegal links. And we're seeing that. But you know, it's it's extending well beyond just because I think when you see this, you're going to realize that, oh yeah, they were. They were taking advantage of defrauding ongoing government programs as well.
Speaker 1: Oh, Medicare, Medicaid. Absolutely. I heard one estimate when someone say country wide there could be as much as one point seven trillion dollars in fraud. If you factor in all the federal government and how they've been taking advantage of our debt's thirty eight trillion. So that's that's almost two trillion dollars we could knock off the debt if we could just find and choke off the fraud, right.
Speaker 10: Well, if you can stop it from going out, yes, you can sert you could do it in the future. You're never going to get that money back. I mean you know that you can bet that this money was spirited away very quickly, with people who were smart enough to realize if we get caught, we want to make sure they don't. We don't mind that they take the underlings to jail, but we want to make sure that we retain the assets. So you can bet it was squirreled away in places that it'll never be retrieved.
Speaker 1: Out of the mini in Apple there was a report I don't know if you saw that out of the Minneapolis airport alone there were some seven hit seven hundred million dollars that supposedly went out in suitcases to Somalia. Well, this was going on, and that's just in Minneapolis. And that's money that's not going out the door. It's it's going out of the country, right, I mean.
Speaker 10: That's it's already been spent, and it's been spent by people who couldn't care less that you have caught the people that sent them the money.
Speaker 1: You can read JT and Blaze Media on substack and thank you for coming back on the show. It's a pleasure to have you anytime, JT YouTube.
Speaker 6: And happy to do. You're a Gangaian.
Speaker 1: All the best you too, JT. Young on the night cap as we continue taking privacy policy in terms and conditions posted to texting terms got us texting rules you for acurring what if it takes marketing messages?
Speaker 6: Message thea readson we apply to play stoppdo.
Speaker 1: This is an important message for all parents of teens.
Speaker 4: If you're