Speaker 1: News Radio seven hundred WLW Mike Allen and Saturday midday on a really nice Saturday morning. Well, I'll tell you what, we got a full show today for the first time in a while. Be here nine to noon. Should be plenty of time to get y'all out in time for the No King's protest. The one down here is small riverfront park. They got one in Claremont County. They got one in northern Kentucky, they got one in Westchester. So I'll make sure y'all get out of there, get done with this thing, so you can go. Of course, I say that with tongue planted firmly in chic and you know, not to get off on this, but I mean, what do they think they accomplish? I mean, really, at the end of the day, you know, it's performative. It's so they can feel good about out themselves. And they're pretty much all the same. I mean, you know, you get some three hundred pound woman with purple hair and nose rings bitching about Donald Trump. At the end of the day, what does that accomplish? I don't get it, But you know what, more power to them. It's a free country. We have a first Amendment here, but you're just wasting your time. But sometimes there really is some humor in it, so I guess we'll see on that. But getting down to business here, when as I talk just for a minute about the left's response to the ceasefire that was engineered by President Trump and bb Net and Yahoo mainly Trump though in the Israel Palestine war. Fox News Digital has it's really good, has a great article on this thing. It says, it's titled the Deafening silence of the Free Power Palestine Movement after the Gaza Ceasefire. Now, in a normal world, wouldn't you think that the people that have been complaining the loudest about it would say, hey, you know what, it wasn't everything that we wanted it to be, But thank you, President Trump. That stuff don't happen on the left, It just doesn't. They're never wrong about anything. They'll never admit when they are wrong. You know, it just doesn't happen, and it kind of comes from the inherent arrogance of liberalism. But you didn't hear anyone on the left comment about it at all. And of course there's no surprise there, and you know they'll be back, they'll be singing their Peter Paul and Mary songs and bitching about one thing or another. What about the Hollywood b listers who had a field day criticizing Trump. And you know, this week we heard reports that Hamas was executing Palestinian citizens who say they were or they say was assisting Israel. So where is the left complaining about that? And they actually had pictures of that? And does that surprise anyone either? See, that's the thing about this agreement. It's going to be a difficult thing to police, but they're going to have to do that. They kill each other over there. And again, I'll say it, there's not a damn dime's worth of difference between Palestine and Jmas. If the Palestinians didn't want Hamas, they kicked their asses out of there a long, long time ago. And you know, now maybe the time is ripe for them to do something. I don't know, I don't know what the military situation is over there, but now they're killing one another. What about all the Hollywood bubbleheads who President Trump for what he did to bring the war to a peaceful conclusion. You know, I think we need to talk about that just for a second. Here okay, Fox New Celebrities who called for ceasefire and guys have faced scrutiny after Trump peace deal breakthrough. Hollywood's most vocal free Palestine advocates are facing scrutiny for their muted or critical response to the ceasefire deal between Israel and Hamas, which was secured, of course, by President Trump. Many in Hollywood who repeatedly called for ceasefire throughout the conflict, including members of campaigns such as Artists for Ceasefire film Workers for Palestine, have either stayed quiet or criticized the breakthrough, with few acknowledgments of Trump's role in securing it. And that's just it. I mean, that's what they wanted. They're not going to get their free Palestine, but they did get the ceasefire. You would think there would be a little bit of gratitude there, but no, not even gratitude, just at least acknowledge it. Columnist Paulaphrelic she criticized about a dozen celebrities who publicly called for free Palestine and ceasefire now or wore a red handpin to the Oscars in twenty twenty four. She said many have since stayed silent on the peace deal, or continued to blame Israel for all the atrocities that have happened in the past two years. You know, I guess they weren't there for October the seventh, when babies were murdered, women were raped, families were destroyed. But hey, that doesn't mean anything. We're not worried about that. We're worried about Israel. And you know, they're alleged crimes, which there were none. There were none of substance. And you know what, I'll take that back. A couple things happened, but the Israeli stepped right up. Well, anyway, this woman, Paula Farilik, had a good quote. If I were less charitable, I might argue that Hollywood celebrities care more about a performative farce. And boy, she's so right. And that's just it. She got the right word. Performative sparse. That's what they want to do, scolding Israel and our president than seeing a free Palestine actually happen in real time. I don't know about that. How's that for hypocrisy? And that was coming from a person in the UK. Some supporters of the Free Palestine movement maintained that the ceasefire does not fully address the humanitarian crisis or allegations accusing Israel of genocide. Every time I hear that, that gets there on the back of my neck.
Speaker 2: Up.
Speaker 1: Israel and the IDF did not commit any type of genocide over there. Amasa, on the other hand, on October the seventh and throughout did And it looks like they're gonna keep it up this time. They're not gonna kill Israelis. They're gonna kill their own people. That's what you're dealing with here. These people are scum. They're the scum of the earth. They're filthy people. They kill babies, they rape women, they destroy lives. Why in the hell are people saddling up with them? I never could figure that out. It just shows that the twisted sense of values and you know, uh, just a really stupid outlook on things. And of course we all know where it em and H's from. That would be the American College camp. Oh here's another one, this dude, John Cusack. He's an actor. I've heard of him. I don't know what the hell he's been in. But to anyone that believes for a moment that Net and Yahoo will stop killing again, idiot What about the other side, What about the moss idiot? I got to calm down. To anyone who believes for a moment that Netanyahu will stop killing there's a brood a bridge in Brooklyn for sale. He'll give Trump the photo op and then resume. This is what the guy said, accusing both leaders of using the deal for political gain. So you know, that's Hollywood for you. I guess I gotta be fair and read the I think one that I found where they express support for it. Other celebrities expressed cautious optimism, progressive actors Mark Ruffalo and Susan Sarana. Now, I got to tell you, Susan Sarandon is one of the biggest libs in Hollywood, so this is kind of impressive. Shared a statement from artists Force Ceasefire on October tenth, calling the agreement an urgent and heartening moment of relief. So kudos for them for at least having the you know what to step forward, and you know, I mean give the man his due. I mean he didn't get the Nobel Peace Prize. The woman who got it, I don't know what for. You know, I got to hand it to her too. She dedicated it to President Trump, So whatever, I mean, that's kind of water under the damn. But just stay tuned on this thing, because it's not over. Those people are going to continue to kill their own people over there, and I guess the protests for that will be upcoming pretty soon, So stay tuned. I guess. Well, this week we also had a real sentencing of a terrorist. You may recall that last week we were talking about the situation with the guy that came to b at Kavanaugh's house ready to go to town at all his equipment, ready to kill him and or his family. And what did he get? What sentence did he get for attempting to assassinate a Supreme Court justice? He got eight years credit free and figuring in the good time. Dude will be out sometime and no later than twenty twenty eight. So let me talk to you about the way terrorists should be sentenced. There's at least one judge in this country who knows how to sentence a terrorist. Dude's name is Cody Balmer. You might remember this. He attempted to burn way. He did burn down the governor's mansion for Governor Shapiro in Pennsylvania. He was sentenced to listen to this twenty five to excuse me, twenty five to fifty years in prison for the April thirteenth, twenty twenty five arson attack on the official residence of Pennsylvania Governor Josh Shapiro. He pled guilty to charges including attempted murder, aggravated arson, and terrorism after firebombing the home while the governor and his family were inside. This one really really could.
Speaker 3: Have been bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, Like I said, he firebombed the Governor's residence in Harrisburg, causing millions of dollars in damage. He used molotov cocktails made from beer bottles filled with gasolin. You think those things can't do some damage, you know, But he got twenty five to fifty years in state prison. That's what you do with these people, you had, well. Number one, first and foremost, you've got to punish them because they deserve punishment. But you also have to send a message that hey, man, if you want to try this stuff and you get caught, shame on you. You're going to get hammered, you know, with a sentence like this guy got, it's appropriate twenty five to thirty years. I don't know about Pennsylvania law. You know, whether early release would be a possibility, It probably would. He pled to twenty two counts of arson, So I guess we'll have to see. But it was gratifying to see that, especially coming so close after the travesty we had with Brett Kavanaugh's murderer attempted murder sentence just a couple of minutes here saw something this week that was kind of shall I say, uplifting to me, transgenders, The trend is declining quickly on American college campuses. This new analysis found the trans identification trend among young people appears to be losing momentum. Recent data taken from college campuses shows a sharp decline in the number of gen Zers identifying as transgender over the past three years. Okay, let me lay it out for you, and both twenty twenty two and twenty twenty three, five percent of college people identified as trans. IT went up in twenty twenty four to five point two percent. Now just recently, only three point six percent identify as trans. You know, it doesn't sound like that's a lot, but you're not talking about a lot of people. Only three point six, As I said, respondents identified as a gender other than male or female. And did you ever think that we would actually be talking about this. I mean, it's to me and I think so many other people, it's just so simple. Almighty God created us to be one thing or another, not in between, not to take your body apart, cutting things off, to transform with what you think on that particular day. So good news only five point two percent, well up to five point two and twenty twenty four it was eight point six in you know what, I missed that up when I read it before, uh, six point eight percent both in twenty twenty two and twenty three. Bottom line is it's going down and that has to be a good thing. And let me be clear, and it seems like I have to say this every time, but I do want to be clear. I'm not advocating for any kind of ill treatment of transgender people, not even advocating for being rude to them. What I am advocating for is the government and through us, our taxpayer dollars, to facilitate that stuff. You know, this guy Ruffle or what's his name, the guy that the guy that attempted to murder Brett Kavanaugh and his family. Part of his sentence was that the government is going to have to pay at least some of his medical bills for his sex change stuff. So I think that's what's good about it. It's good to see those numbers going the other way. So I guess we shall see what happens with that. Hey, we got to take a break, but we'll be back with your calls. Seven four nine, seven thousand, one, eight hundred. The big one are the numbers. Mike Allen Saturday Midday, thirty six News Radio seven hundred WLW, Mike Allen Saturday Midday, get to the phones here in just a second. Just want to let you know. At ten o'clock after this segment, we're going to talk to Janis Heisel of the Epoch Times. She did as deep a dive as I've ever seen in two separate articles about Antifa. Just a real shadow, shadowy organization that people don't know a lot about. But Janis is going to fill us in on all that. At ten thirty we're going to talk as we frequently do, local politics, city politics with Christopher Smitheman, and at eleven o'clock. I always enjoy this independent political analysts, and he is independent. Kevin Burton we're going to talk to him about some of the things going on in the national political scene. So I think we got a good show for you. Hey, let's start off with our good friend Bobby. Hey, good morning, Bobby, Mike.
Speaker 4: A simple thank you can't express our true feelings of appreciation for you carrying that torture freedom high and bright every day and make you're appreciated brother.
Speaker 1: Thank you. It's my honor to do it. Bobby.
Speaker 4: I'd like to bring up something we've discussed in the past, and it's the midst of our cultural revolution.
Speaker 5: We're going to have.
Speaker 4: Part of it going today, and all the protesters out there, just take your cell phones because when Antifa and filtrate your organization, we would love to know who you are and where you're at, since you can't turn them all.
Speaker 1: Good point, good point. You know, they go through these things and at the end of the day, of course they have a right to do it, But what do they think they accomplish. More often than not, they look like idiots.
Speaker 6: You know that.
Speaker 1: I've always said this, Bobby, and I believe it. Most of your hard left people, they're obsessed with the sixties. They want to turn the clock back to the sixties, and you know, people just don't want to do that. I don't get it, but hey, you know what have about it, guys, if you want to make a fool of yourself, go ahead.
Speaker 7: All it does is support our calls. My friend, you're absolutely right about that. I mean, I don't know. We shall see, boy, I'll tell you what. They sure got enough locations though in this area, and they seem to be pretty well organized.
Speaker 1: But at the end of the day, what I mean, what do you accomplish anyway, That's just what I think about it.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you, my friend, and I hope they are in the Rico Act somewhere.
Speaker 1: You never know, man, Thanks Bobby, Thank you, sir. Okay, I appreciate that. Well, I'll tell you you know, Bobby just mentioned RICO. I think in relationship to Antifa. Rico is the organized crime statute that federal. You got it in the state law too, but mainly federal where it's if you can just to boil it all down, demonstrate that some entity is a criminal entity, then there's going to be some criminal liability. Now we'll talk to Janis about this, but you know, Trump gave that executive order not too long ago designating Antifa as a terrorist organization, and they're drilling down on it. I think it's in its infancy, but they're drilling down on that entity named Antifa, and that's a good thing. And one of the things they're going to be looking at is who's funding him. They're real sketchy with their funding, and that's one of the things I think this probe is going to find out now whether it's a George sorosteal, you know, I don't know. I've read things where they show up to these rallies with like preprinted placards that they can carry around, and you know, you don't do those. The night before, I did read this morning that apparently Soros is pretty much bankroll in this whole idiocy of No King's Day. So, you know, Antifa is a problem for a long time. You know, they just kind of were in the background. You weren't allowed to criticize him or anything like that, but god forbid you criticize Black Lives Matter or one of those groups. But knowing Trump, I think he's got a handle on the thing and we'll see what happens. I guess let's talk to Dennis. We haven't heard from him in a long time. Hey, Dennis, how you doing. Welcome back?
Speaker 3: All right, Mike, how are you good? Good?
Speaker 1: What you got today? Good?
Speaker 8: Yeah? This character who was sentenced for tempting to murder you know here you know the Supreme Court. Oh yeah, yeah, and his family and the sentence he got. You know, somebody should have brought up what if he attempted the judge who sentenced them, well, if he had attempted to kill her and her family or you know, and and and the fact that he's he she addressed them as a transgender Uh, you know, he's a biological male. And I think, isn't he going to a female prison or is he going to a male prisoner?
Speaker 1: I think maybe initially a male prison. You know that's on the Bureau of Prisons, and you know what a job they have to have to balance that whole circus. She seemed like she was more concerned about his transgender rights than she was in you know, crafting the right. It made sense.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, I like these these these judges that are these people that these transgender people to get men biological men get sent who sent get sent to women's prisons? How do they reconcile the fact that these some of the some of them impregnate the women inmates, which means they are functioning as males, biological males, not as females.
Speaker 1: Well, that just goes out topsy turvy. This world is in this country is I've heard that same thing too. I mean, I'd hate to be a warden of one of these federal prisons where on top of everything else, and prisons are places where bad things happen on top of the normal things that happen. You got to deal with this too, and it's just so unnecessary. Why do we have to jump through hoops for a group that is minuscule in number.
Speaker 8: Yeah, another thing, what do you think is gonna happen with your police chief there in.
Speaker 1: A you know what, I don't know. I think she's gone. She retained Steve m who is one hell of a employment lawyer. I think they're negotiating a settlement.
Speaker 8: For Yeah, you think she It sounds like she's been made the fall I say, fall guy or whatever, the scapegoat of this whole thing.
Speaker 1: I think you're right about that. And that's happening by some members accouncil, but mainly the mayor. And you know what, it's not the way the situation is in the city crime wise, it ain't her fault. Has she been perfect? Probably not, But it's just wrong that all this stuff is heaped upon her. But I think she'll be gone by this time next week, probably sooner.
Speaker 3: Oh man, Ye.
Speaker 8: Who should really follows your mayor? That's who needs to be kicked out.
Speaker 1: You would think. And we got an election coming out. But boy, I'll tell you, the city of Cincinnati is a tough nut for a Republican the crack. But I think Corey Bowman what I don't know how much know about him, just a great he's the brother in law of the Vice president, but just on his own great candidate, knows the issues, got the right temperament. But again he's got an uphill battle.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I did watch. We watched the debate on the on the on the streaming, and yeah, you're right, he actually cares and he has no he has no further political aspirations, right, like right.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, I appreciate the call, Dennis, don't put a stranger anymore. Okay, okay, bye bye. Yeah, I'm glad he brought that up. I didn't want to talk about it. Sometime during the show, and I do think she's gone. Steve im is in the Finny law firm. I think, great law firm, and Steve is a very well respected lawyer in this area. So and you don't hire a top notch guy like that if you know, you think you're going to keep your job. But it's uh, it's unfortunate, it really is. And one thing, and I'm going to get back to the phones here in just a second. A lot of people don't realize this, and maybe with me it's a function of age. Back in the nineties, I believe it was maybe early two thousands, there was an issue on the city ballot. It was Issue five, and what it was all about is taking away civil service protection from the chief of police and placing that in the hands of the mayor. I'm going to tell you right now it was dumb, dumb, dumb, But it passed I think pretty handily. If my recollection is correct. If we did not have Issue five, and if the police chief still had civil service protections and I'm not saying she's doing this, any police chief would not have to go down to city Hall and say may or, may I you know, and that and it worked out well for years and years and years. Perhaps perhaps we might need to get that back on the ballot, because I'm telling you, if Issue five and what promulgated from Issue five wasn't there, we wouldn't be in the mess that we're in. We still have crime problems, but the chief of police would not be a political entity. That person would be a law enforcement entity. Anyway, let's talk to Barry in Miamisburg. Hey, Barry, how you doing.
Speaker 9: I just want to ask the question, after listening to the radio over the course of the week, how much more clueless the city leadership be about crime.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, you're absolutely right, You are so right about that. They don't get it.
Speaker 9: I heard the mayor talk about needing more gun control. One the problem, you she is not being criminals in jail for more than three hours. Yeah, that's the problem.
Speaker 1: It's not gun control. It's a problem with police not being aggressive and proactive. And again, I know I say this every time, but I think I should. It ain't their fault. I think they'd love to be unleashed and do aggressive and legal, constitutional, proactive policing. That's what we need. That's the only thing that's going to solve this, not gun control, not more programs. You know, I'm sorry. Yeah.
Speaker 9: First of all, I do not believe the problem is with your rank and file police officer. They have to deal with the garbage that they get from the top.
Speaker 1: Oh. Absolutely. I mean it's a pairamilitary organization. If their boss, you know, the sergeant, captain, lieutenant, a system chief, chief, whatever, tells them to do something, I mean, as long it's not patently illegal, they have to do it. It is not. You are so so right, Barry. It is not the line level officer. That police officer is not at fault. I've talked to a lot of these young guys and women, and that's pretty much almost to the person, what I get. They're afraid to do their jobs like they used to be done because, you know, let's just say they pull over the wrong person. You know, they say, just accidentally something you know, out of line to the wrong person, Boom, They're in the jackpot and they're not going to risk that. I don't blame them.
Speaker 9: The second thing is your next guest from Epic Time. Yes, it's part of the reason why I have an electric subscription to that. She is so on the ball it's amazing.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 9: You know what.
Speaker 1: You said that before, and I told her that and she told me to tell you she appreciates it. So there you go. Yeah, I concur with that. She's very well. Okay, Barry, thank you appreciate it. How about Maureen, Let's talk to Maureen. Hey, Maureen, how are you hi?
Speaker 3: Good morning, Mike.
Speaker 10: I wanted to chime in on the groups that are involved with the No Kings.
Speaker 3: Movement this week today.
Speaker 10: There was an article yesterday, it was on the Gateway Pundit, and it's called No King's Protest in New York City Saturday is sponsored by several communist groups and it goes into it's the Democratic Socialists of America, New York Working Families and Parties, the CPUSA Freedom Socialist Party, and they're all sponsoring this lat rally. And if you go to that article on Gateway Pundit from yesterday, it'll tell you.
Speaker 11: It'll give you a video of.
Speaker 10: Chuck Schumer and how he's promoting it. Instead of trying to work on shutting down the shutdown or opening up again, he's promoting this this movement today.
Speaker 12: But it always.
Speaker 10: Sponsored by communist parties and they'll give you all the whole list. There's like, I don't know, over one hundred of them in that article. I'm gonna be good for people to look at.
Speaker 1: I'm definitely gonna check that out, you know. And didn't you just say that part of it is one of the endorsers is the Communist Party of USA. Is that correct?
Speaker 13: Absolutely?
Speaker 10: Yes, and it's yeah, it's a lot of them that It's all in that article. It shows you all their logos and everything so that you can see them. I'm sure they'll be on their placards today that are pre made.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, paid for by George Soros apparently. But all right, well I sure appreciate that. Heads up, Marine, sure check it out, Okay, I will thank you, thanks, Mike. Yeah, the organization she rattled off, I mean one of them was CPUSA Communist Party of the United States of America, which now is a joke. I mean it's just a joke, you know, just like the Klan is a joke on the other side. But it's still there. And all those other groups are what they used to call and I'm still going to call them Communist front organizations. Look if the City of New York Alexman Dami, they're going to get a dose. If he's true to his word, and I ain't so sure about that, but if he's true to his word and true to what he says he's going to do, we are going to have one hell of a crash in the city in New York. And you know, I kind of feel sorry for those people. Apparently some of the more wealthy ones business people are already getting the hell out of there. But it would be good in that we will get a bird'seye view of what happens when a municipal government is governed by someone who is at minimum a socialist and in all likelihood probably a communist. And you know, I've been around a while. I've enjoyed being interested in politics for a long long time, disgusted with my father at the dinner table and everything else. If you would have told me back then that there would be a communist or committed socialist, even borderline communist running for an office like that, you're crazy, I'd say, you're crazy. I always wonder, maybe it's weird, but I always wonder what Ronald Reagan must be thinking. I mean, that guy put this country on one hell of a straight course and boy, if he's looking down now, I don't think he can be too happy, but I mean that's the way it is. And thank god for one Donald J. Trump. He has turned more stuff around in less than a year than most presidents accomplish in their time in two terms. It's amazing and it's surprising to me, shocking to me in a good way. What's going on? And well, i'll tell you what. He is not letting anyone get in his way. Keep in mind with him, it's not even been a year yet. But we have to keep the House. We got to beef up that majority, we have to keep the Senate or a lot of this stuff, not all of it comes to a grinding halt. Hey, we got to break for the news. But again we've talked about this morning. When we get back, we're going to talk to Janis Heisel of the Epoch Times about Antifa, what they're all about and how they formed. We'll do that when we get back. Mike Allen, Saturday Midday News Radio seven Drew Mike Allen on Saturday Midday, Well, President Trump, the Department of Justice, and the FBI are really cracking down on terrorist groups like the one we're going to talk about Antifa. The President designated them as a domestic terrorist organization any ordered federal agencies to root out quote any and all illegal operations close quote. But really, I mean, what do we know about Antifa. I don't think it's very much. Really. Janis Heisl of the Epoch Times did a deep dive on this subject in two separate articles, and she's here this morning to tell us about it.
Speaker 14: Janus, good morning, good morning, Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: Hey, my pleasure, my pleasure. Just in general, tell us about what you learned about Antifa, and I'll have some specific questions later, but just generally what you found out, because I really don't think Janis people know a lot about the group.
Speaker 14: Well, actually I didn't either, and so I got this assignment and then, as you mentioned, I really did a lot of research and poured it into this story that you referenced, a couple of stories that I did. So one of the biggest things that stands out to me is that this movement actually encompasses a whole bunch of different ideologies. For example, it attracts a lot of people who are into anarchy, people who are into communism, and it actually has communist roots, which I did not know before I did this research.
Speaker 1: You know, I had heard that maybe maybe came across this that it kind of sprang from the Spanish Civil War back in the thirties and forties. I don't know. Did you find anything out that would verify that, not that it matters.
Speaker 14: Actually, the anti fascist movement as it's known today is generally traced to nineteen thirty two when a group in Germany formed that caught it self in German, the English translation is anti fascist action.
Speaker 5: Thus the word antifa started to come into vogue.
Speaker 14: And even today, a lot of the signs, symbols that were used, flags and things that were used by that group are still in use today, embraced by this movement which ironically accuses other people of being fascist, but then they're accused of being fascist by again. The term fascism is even quote unquote hard to define, even according to people who are proponents of fascism. Generally, it's viewed as authoritarianism or trying to stop people from expressing their opinions or oppressing them.
Speaker 5: But then that is what antifa does.
Speaker 14: Antifa is it's such a contradictory thing because antifa says you know, we're going after people who.
Speaker 5: Are oppress others, But then what do they do?
Speaker 14: They try to stop people from seeing things they want to say. In fact, two of their slogans are quote no platform for people who are they deem fascist and it's up to them to decide who's a fascist, and anybody under their definition could be named a fascist.
Speaker 5: That was another surprise I.
Speaker 14: Was stunned to see on the Rose City Antifa, which is the Portland, Oregon where where there's been a lot of clashes lately with ICE and Antifa. One of their criteria is literally people who engage in anti liberal, anti communists or get this anti conservative rhetoric.
Speaker 5: Anybody might fit that definition. I just kind of liked it. I mean, although that's not the only criteria.
Speaker 14: They say that you have to have several criteria before they would deem you a fascist.
Speaker 5: But people who were in.
Speaker 14: The movement and blew the whistle on this say that, you know, as soon as you aren't stepping in line with what they want, you become a fascist and they attack you.
Speaker 1: Oh of course. You've got a really interesting quote on page eight of the longer article from a guy named Gabriel nadalas ex ANTIFA participant and author of a book. It's a real short quote. Antifas stands for anti fascist, but the name is deceptive. Anyone who dares to criticize the group or its tactics can be labeled a fascist. So you know, that word is getting to be like racist and racism, where it's tossed around so much. I mean, the word fascist tossed around so much that it's literally lost all of its value and meaning.
Speaker 14: It has been tossed around quite a bit. And you know, I've interviewed people. There was one man I interviewed for that article that you're referencing who has been.
Speaker 5: Very victimized, very like Docks.
Speaker 14: That's another technique besides actual violence, to try to shut people down.
Speaker 5: And they wear black clothing. That's another thing.
Speaker 14: You know, although that you know, anybody can wear black, right, you might go to a gym and find a bunch of people wearing black, but anybody.
Speaker 5: Could wear black. But this is another characteristic.
Speaker 14: They dress in black block, including masks on the face.
Speaker 13: Prior to.
Speaker 14: Even COVID, you know, they used to wear masks to make themselves anonymous. So there was a gentleman who was telling me about these techniques that he's observed over and over again, and it makes them hard to identify.
Speaker 5: So if you're attacked.
Speaker 14: By a black block as they call it vloc, you can't go, oh, that's the guy that hit me over the head with a pipe.
Speaker 5: You just can't identify these people.
Speaker 2: So that was.
Speaker 5: Another thing that I found. And they docs.
Speaker 14: People, meaning they take your personal information, they'll put it out there and they'll label you.
Speaker 5: As anti gay, and they'll tag.
Speaker 14: Your employer, and they will maybe even go after your family members, show up at your you know, places you're known to hang out, and just lots of different ways to intimidate people into a feeling that it's no longer worth coming out and sharing whatever your political view is.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm assuming, based on what you've said and based on what I read in your articles, that there is no identifiable leader or really even any structure for Antifa. Is that an accurate statement from what I understand?
Speaker 5: Yes, although there is a one network that.
Speaker 14: Does have at least seven identified active members. You can go on the Internet and search for Torch Antifa network and it has seven active chapters there.
Speaker 5: And actually I'm told that that's by.
Speaker 14: Design that the analogy given to me by one of the people I interviewed was, you know, it's not like that, you know, the mafia or a drug cartel is going to have an organizational chart like the typical corporation would. You wouldn't have that out there because it's a way to give, you know, guideposts to people who might seek to authorities who might seek to be charging you criminally for these activities.
Speaker 5: And so you know, whenever there's been an org chart of for example, the mafia.
Speaker 14: That tends to be something that the authority is put together after investigating. So we don't know what it looks like. It may be as loose as described, it may be more organized than described. But one of the biggest things that cash Puttel, the FBI director, said is that he is following the money because quote, money never lies.
Speaker 1: He said, I saw that in your article, and that leads me into what I was going to ask you later, but I'll ask it now. Any idea who is funding this group? Now, the logical suspect would be George Soros. I guess his son's taken over his communist stuff now, But we're able to get any kind of clue or lead into who's spending money on this thing, because I don't know if it was in your article, but somewhere else. You know, they show up to these rallies, these protests with handmade not handmade, but pre made signs that look like they were professionally done. Somebody's somebody's bank rolling them. Anything on that Janus.
Speaker 14: Well, there are videos that actually show equipment such as you know, masks or maybe even weapons, different things being handed out from like vans. So again, there is something afoot here that part of it I don't know a lot about. I do know that the authorities are looking into this, The FBI, all the different agencies of the federal government are investigating the funding aspect, and I've read some things about it, But right now I don't have a deep knowledge on that yet, and I don't think most people are.
Speaker 5: Very few people would at this point.
Speaker 14: It's something that there's just a dawning awareness of, and more and more investigation is going to be coming forth, I think. So we'll see what happens, and we'll see whether you know, it really is as quote unquote not organized as they say, or whether it's more organized than they are purporting.
Speaker 1: It's really perplexing. I mean, and obviously the president is put as a high priority, and that's obviously a good thing. But boy, I'll tell you what, it's really sketchy. Wanted to ask you. There's a guy that you interviewed, I think for both of your articles. But Andy, and I'm gonna probably screw this up, ngo nego am I saying that? Right?
Speaker 5: Janis if Andy know?
Speaker 14: And actually I incorporated into my story an interview he did with one of my colleagues.
Speaker 5: Sometimes we do that to help each other out.
Speaker 14: But so I didn't speak with him directly, although I've been in contact with him on social media. And that particular journalist was attacked viciously and almost died of a brain game in twenty nineteen, and he describes in his book, which I did read for this article, how you know, he was hit very hard in the back of his head. He naively thought maybe it was an accident, and he turns around and then suddenly he's surrounded by what he calls what they call the black Block, an anonymous mob of black clad people just beating the pulp out of this guy.
Speaker 5: And he shows up at.
Speaker 14: The hospital with a brain bleed and then to humiliate him.
Speaker 5: They threw like I guess, milkshaits on him.
Speaker 14: There's even a picture in my article that shows this young man just dripping with this white colored liquid. Just again it's a humiliation tactic. And you know, they targeted him and literally he said, all he was doing was filming with his iPhone.
Speaker 5: He wasn't bothering anybody.
Speaker 14: I don't think he was even necessarily talking to anybody at the moment, hit from behind and almost died.
Speaker 5: He's because he was just pummeled.
Speaker 1: He's a journalist, didn't he Yeah, yeah, he was.
Speaker 5: An independent journalist at the time. He's not affiliated with like a couple of.
Speaker 14: Organizations, I believe, and has written this book that has been.
Speaker 5: A best seller.
Speaker 14: He actually had to leave the country because he has been so so attacked. In his last name No and Geo is a Vietnamese name, and he says in his book and in interviews I've seen with him where he loves this country. His parents escaped communist regime in Vietnam, and that's why he felt so passionate about bringing to light what these people are doing. And you know, not all of them are communists, and he says they're purposely hard to define. They're purposely you know, it helps make it harder to identify who they are. It makes it harder to maybe even press charges. It's just it's done by design to be kind of vague.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and boy, I tell you that's one of the things that is kind of consistent through it. They are vague. And in your article, I forget which one. And this is pretty incredible, but doesn't surprise me. Former FBI Director Christopher Ray called Antifa quote an ideology rather than quote an organization. I get it that they're sketchy, but when the top law enforcement off Sir makes that determination based on nothing, just tells me that, at least under him, they weren't taking it seriously. It certainly seems like Cash Battel and President Trump and you know, the whole Department of Justice are taking it seriously. Would you agree with that?
Speaker 14: Well, they have made no bones about it. In fact, in his executive order designating Antifa a domestic terrorist organization and also in a related.
Speaker 5: Memo, President Trump comes out and.
Speaker 14: Tells all the various aspects of the national security apparatus.
Speaker 5: The FBI, even the.
Speaker 14: IRS, all of these different agencies, the Treasury, department, on and on. He is issuing directives to fully investigate and root out whatever structure does exist and whatever funding does exist, and make it a high NAP. I think he said the word top national priority in either the memo or the executive order.
Speaker 5: I don't remember which.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll tell you it's obviously needed. Are you gonna stay on this? I sure hope so.
Speaker 5: Actually I have been told to do that.
Speaker 14: So it seems like, you know, this is gonna be my next area of concentration. And I've got to say, it's uh. When you dig into this, it the murkiness of the whole thing becomes even more apparent to you.
Speaker 5: It's just it was a vague thing for.
Speaker 14: Me, and now it's become specifically vague, if that makes any sense.
Speaker 5: Now I understand that it's purpose.
Speaker 14: They try to be vague about it, and it can't attract anybody.
Speaker 5: And the sad part is anybody.
Speaker 14: Can be a target, literally, anybody who opposes them like that that one quote, That's why I've told that quote from the book. Anybody can be labeled a fascist. And what a horrible thing to say about a person, same thing as the word racist exactly, you know.
Speaker 1: It's tossed around so much that it virtually has no meaning anymore.
Speaker 14: And I don't think a lot of people even know what the word fascist means, if they're being truthful, because even the people, even the guy who wrote the book that was pro antifa, said fascism is hard to define.
Speaker 1: You know, I guess growing up and learning about this stuff in high school, and I always equated fascism with Benito Mussolini over in Italy. But it is a word that I guess can have any number of meanings whatever they want to give it for the day, I suppose, but really appreciate you talk to us about this, Janus, and hope we can call on you again.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, Mike is always a pleasure. Thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you all right, Janis Heisel of the Epoch Times. If you have time and you are so inclined, man, go read these articles. They're kind of like one right on top of the other. The longer one antifat communist roots, violent tactics and terror designation, and the other on FBI other agencies ramp up antifa probe and boy, I'll tell you what that is so needed, and that is something that Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, there is no way in God's green earth that they would have done anything similar to that. Anyway, we got to take a break, but we'll be back. Mike Allen Saturday. Hey, we're back, Mike Allen Saturday midday. We put out an all points bulletin for Christopher Smoothman. I have in a little trouble locating him today, but if I know him, he'll call. He's probably busy on his campaign, but gives me an opportunity to say. Just as I'm sitting here, I heard our newscast talking about a person was apprehended on a drive by shooting that happened downtown course in the three hundred block of Sycamore Street. Well, anyway, they talked about, you know, apprehending the guy and somebody I assume it as a police they wanted to or they acknowledged help from the Hamilton County Probation Department Field office. They have these different probation substations throughout the county where you know, the probation officers are a little bit closer to the action to the people. Without question, everyone has said that it's a good idea. Well, the judges don't think so apparently. I don't know if they voted on it or not, but I'm looking at Fox nineteen article dated September third, and they talk about they're going to have a vote on whether to get rid of them or not. I said it at the time, and I'll say it again. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to get rid of the pro bation field offices. And you just heard it. They were helpful, apparently, and apprehending this dude in a drive by shooting on Sycamore Street. So anyway, I just wanted to point that out. We have Christopher Smithman on the line, I believe, Hey.
Speaker 2: Christopher, Hey Mike, how are you doing this morning? Of course, I totally agree with you about the substations, Yeah, and the locations of where they were located, and then even how it all went down, you know, kind of like the in the Dark, the Republican judges were locked out, and you know, this decision was made to close them, and it kind of broadsided most of the judges down there. So I don't know even why that decision was.
Speaker 1: Made, but it was made because what I've got here in front of me, I had to scramble. I just have an article that says they're going to vote on Thursday, so I assume they voted to get rid of them, which is one of the stupid But it's things I've ever heard of.
Speaker 2: Absolutely it was, And what it does is it just continues to undermine, you know.
Speaker 8: Public services.
Speaker 1: Yep, you know.
Speaker 2: It feels like a drum beat, Mike Allen. Where every time we turn around, there are people that are doing things that are supporting criminals and not the priority of protecting law abid the citizens. And I think we're seeing that kind of trend, and I'm not exaggerating all across the United States of America. So why would you shut something down that's working.
Speaker 1: I don't never make sense. I don't know, you know, I'd like to be able to ask those judges who voted for doing that, what were there reasons, or you know, if there are reasons that are written down somewhere, it's probably public record. But it's just the debacle. When I heard that Christopher on the newscast right before I started talking to you, I thought, wait a minute, we talked about that on this show a while back. But anyway, getting down to the main issue, here. You know, crime continues to kind of run rampant in the city of Cincinnati. We've got that shooting that we just talked about three hundred block of Sycamore Street. Then you've got, of course the shootout at the Ok Corral down there on the Fountain Square, and now it looks like the blame is going to be heaped on our police chief. Your thoughts on all of that, Christopher.
Speaker 2: Well, crime is on the ballot. I can tell you no matter where we walk and whatever door we talk to, whether and I'm going to name some of these neighborhoods that we've been in. So whether it's Bond Hill, Rolls on our Evingston or Kennedy Heights, the message is the same from Grandma, Grandpa, those middle aged people that have raised their children, they paid off their house, equity in their home is their number one investment, and they're concerned about coming out of their house and being robbed. And so whether we were there, or whether we were in Hyde Park or Mount lookout Right, or whether we were in Westwood or Price Hill, the message is the same. Crime is the number one issue that people are concerned about. Mike, Yes, And what has happened is the mayor's drum beat is perception, perception, it's not your reality. Right, And then we turn on the TV. I'm gonna show you where I'm going with my logic. Here is we see a shootout on two occasions right around our core Fountain Square, one off the Fountain Square, one on the Fountain Square right. And then you see the going to your question. Here you see the mayor who has said it's our perception crime is down, make the decision to fire the police chief right before the election. While he's telling her you're doing a great job, meaning if crime is down, you're in the campaign in both debates and you're going after your opponent, Corey Bowman saying you really don't know what you're talking about. Crime is really down. Our stats are telling that. That meant that the person who was at the top, which is our chief, Chief Fiji, from his perspective, was doing a great job. Why would you be terminating her at this time right before an election? Number two, just from a humanity perspective, and I just want to say this to Chief Fiji, who I hope is listening, and I hope that her family that they're listening to Neville family. This is a family that has dedicated their life to law enforcement like like no other family. Almost I'm exaggerating, but there's a lot of great It's a wonderful family.
Speaker 1: Christopher. I didn't mean to interrupt you, but I want to speak to that too, because you are so so right, all of them going back to their father, Gary Neville, who was a great guy. But anyway, I just wanted to make sure that came in.
Speaker 15: No.
Speaker 2: I think I think it's important because he's he's crapping on a family that's given their life to the city right in this area area of law enforcement, and you're acting like she's trash. And so what really blows my mind is they'd call her back from a chiefs conference, meaning she's in Denver at conference. Why wouldn't you wait until she got back to have this discussion. You call her back like you're the principal and she's being called to the principal's office. She's around all of her peers. It had to be incredibly embarrassing for her. Why would you treat a family that's given so much? And I'm I'm gonna answer that question. It's not rhetorical. It's because this mayorage from Dayton. This mayor doesn't understand the Neville family. He doesn't understand what he has done. He doesn't understand the west side of town. And even if people were questioning how the chief was doing the job, they would never on the west side want her treated the way she's being treated. And if he was from Cincinnati, if he had gone to a high school in Cincinnati, he would understand those details. So this is going to hurt him in the upcoming election on the west side of town. And I want to you know, westsiders are loyal. Again. They might have been saying, they might have been saying, hey, we're concerned about the direction that the chief was going in, but there's no way they want to treated the way this mayor and this manager is treating Chief Fiji. At our end by saying this, she was only doing what she was directed to do by the mayor, by the city manager, and by Irish rolling meanings. They have a consultant in there that is telling her be soft on crime. We're worried about the babies. We got to do the collaborative agreement as if as if we're under federal oversight, and that is in conflict with doing proactive policing, which it is not, meaning we have to do proactive policing while we're doing community based policing. Unfortunately, they pushed the chief into that corner because the manager had the power to fire her. Now she's hired one of the most prominent attorneys, Chris his law firm. Yes, he is no joke. A lot of people do not understand that she is going to get paid a lot of money, just like Chief Washington, the fire chief Cool they also fired in the most grotesque way.
Speaker 9: Both of these Both of these.
Speaker 2: Stories tell you, in my opinion, Mike Allen, how dysfunctional city Hall is that they're not able to manage the basic personnel of our city.
Speaker 1: Yep, you are so right about that, Christopher. I don't know if you and I talked about this. There was a thing called City Issue five. I'm thinking it was twenty something years ago. What it was before the Issue five, the chief of police had civil service protection and it wasn't a deal where you know, the mayor can pick up the phone and say Chief, I want you to do this, this and this. Now I know they tried to do that during that time, and the chief just kind of said, go to hell. Well, with the passage of Issue five, that was gone, and instead of being a law enforcement official, she becomes a law for law enforcement official and a political actor. And I just wonder if there'd be any any interest in anyone taking another look at that and perhaps reversing it, because I'm telling you right now, if that were still in place, that the chief had the civil service protection, we wouldn't be talking about her getting drummed out.
Speaker 2: Now. First, Mike Allen, you're right on point, and there are great parts to Issue five, So let me say that from my perspective, But I think this is a great opportunity for us to revisit Issue five, which is what I hear you say, because it is personality driven.
Speaker 8: If you get a great mayor.
Speaker 2: In there, like a Charlie Luken or a John Cranley as an example, right, and I'm gonna have some fun with you like a Christopher Smitherman, You're not gonna have something. You're not gonna have somebody who's try to undermine law enforcement. Okay, However, what I here's the penicillin that I plan to put forward. So you brought a problem, I'm going to share with you. What I think the solution is. What I want to do is bring a constitutional amendment, Charter amendment to Issue five that says the mayor, the city manager cannot terminate the police chief or fire chief without seven members of council. So I want I want just the way we treat the city manager. We can't fire the city manager without the consent of the Board of Directors the nine members of council. I do not want the city manager to be able to terminate the fire chief or the police chief without the consent of seven members of council, which will require a charter amendment, which I plan to lead. I think that will clean it up. I don't think that this chief right now would not have been called back a from a Denvers conference. I also would clean up where we have chief watching. That most likely is going to cost us one to two to five million dollars. That's coming. Chris Finny, his law firm, has warned that lawsuit, they've worn, the appeal, they've gotten summary judgment. This is just a matter of time before the public cares about Chief Washington and how they drug his name through the mud, just like they're doing. They're trying to do here with Chief Fiji. I've had my questions about how some of the decisions that Chief Fiji has made, But it doesn't mean that I don't support her. It doesn't mean that I don't like her. If I saw Chief Fiji right now, I give her a big hug, I tell her I support you. I do not think they've treated her well here, and by the way, she's going to get a great severance because of how they've treated her and having her come back from Denver. Just anybody out there who's a professional, think you're at the greatest professional conference of your life. You're around all your peers, and somebody says nationally through the newspaper, you got to come back to Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: To be fired.
Speaker 2: That had to be humiliating for her, and the Neville family didn't deserve that, Like Allen, and I pray to God that Westsiders are listening to what I'm saying. I don't care whether you're a Democrat, you're a Republican, you're an independent like me, or you're a charter right. This family didn't deserve it. You don't give thirty forty years of your life to the city and then have a city manager and a mayor, particularly a mayor who's not even from Cincinnati, come and treat this family like that. Oh my goodness, it's just it's horrific to me.
Speaker 1: This whole thing sounds like a scapegoating situation where you know, the mayor's well, you know, we didn't get good results under this chief, so I spearheaded the effort to get rid of the one we have, and it all falls on her, and it's just not fair. But anyway, it's not fair.
Speaker 2: And by the way, let's remind the public that our police department and our fire department is command driven. So now what they've also done is they've undermined the police department so bad that police officers, as I have this conversation, don't know who to take orders from. Yeah, right, because they've left this vacuum. And this is what this administration does again. It's like taking out the general. And she's still the chief, right, But the reality of it is, you know that her formal power has been taken from her, and now people are trying to figure out, well, who's the chief and who do we take orders from? Well, guess what that puts everybody's life on the line.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: Right, and that's what concerns me that this mayor again, who kept telling his opponent, you don't have what experience? You don't have experience. He kept saying that, Mike, you don't have experience. Guess what. I will take common sense over experience any day. And common sense isn't common.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I like that. I never heard that one. Hey, we only have a couple minutes left, Christopher, I just wanted to kind of maybe get a little kind of closing argument from you on voting in the election, because early voting is already started.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm hoping that that our city will think about not voting for nine people for city council. That's so important. We have a nine x system. I would only vote for four or five people in the field that you want. So there might be twenty five or twenty four, twenty three candidates that are out here running, Find four or five of them you like, and vote for them and stop. That makes your ballot more powerful. Number two, I would say, think about all the things that are going on right now, whether it's whether it's snow removal, potholes, these low level things that are important to the daily lives, the quality of life, of all fifty two neighborhoods, whether you're talking about Hyde Park and the development that went bad there because council wasn't listening, including the mayor or, this notion of connect communities, this legislation of zoning that really undermined all fifty two neighborhoods. Again, council and the mayor weren't listening. But crime is the number one issue. We can't do development. People can't have home values going higher if we don't feel faith. And what I see right now is a is a is a council and a mayor who are more interested in protecting the criminal elements of our society, including our judges, not the prosecutors, and not the cops. The cops are arresting, the prosecutors are trying to prosecute, and the judges are letting them out. So there's a we have a broken system, but we have we have a body of nine collectively, not individually collectively, and a mayor who have a bigger emphasis on protecting criminals than protecting us, the citizens of law by the citizens. And there are a lot more of us because the criminals are a very very small element. So elect four or five people Mike Allen, and my conclusion here that will will that will support the police department and our fire department, that will not talk about defunding and reimaginating, reimagination of our law enforcement and people that can get behind and support our officers. Remember the officer who shot the unarmed, the officer who shocked the young man running from the vehicle from a stolen vehicle, and then the father killing the sheriff the next day. We still have not heard from council or the mayor. I mean, these things are happening, and they're undermining the morale of our police department as they're out here just trying to do their job to keep us safe. So I'm asking you to vote for Smithlman. Give me one of those four or five votes out there public. We can change this together. But don't send me there by myself. You know, there's a lisz Keeping out there running. There's a lind Of Matthews out there running. There's a good out there who's running. There's a dree House out there running. There's a leader Lakeda Cole out there. They're running. They're Democrats, Republicans, Charter Rights, independence that are out there running that we can just do better as the city. This is not about who Trump is and national politics. This election is about us and our safety. I think people should vote like their lives.
Speaker 1: Hey, we're out of time, Christopher. I really appreciate it, and we'll talk to you again soon.
Speaker 2: Thank you. People can follow me at vote Smitherman.
Speaker 1: Okay, thanks Roving, all right, thank you. All right. Hey, we do have to take a break for the news, but when we get back, we're going to talk about national politics with independent political analyst Kevin Burton, and we'll do that when we get back. Mike Allen, seven hundred WLW. This is Jeff for Tri State Men's Health, where we've successfully treated thousands of men for News Radio seven hundred WLW. Mike Allen, Saturday midway our three third and final hour. Well, we talked to local politics with Christopher Smithman. Let's talk some national politics. What's going on out there, what about the congressional battle in the Supreme Court, Trump's biggest win in the Mideast This week, we're going to talk to Kevin Burton, who is an independent political analyst. Kevin, thanks so much for joining us this morning.
Speaker 3: Mike, thanks having me as always my pleasure.
Speaker 1: Okay, Supreme Court and the whole battle over redistricting and all that. Where do you see that going and how will it affect the races?
Speaker 3: Well? First off, congratulations to all.
Speaker 16: Lawyers on their billable hours number one undefeated.
Speaker 3: Always, so congratulations to all.
Speaker 16: The big firms. It does look like they're going to strike down section two.
Speaker 3: Of the voting right back.
Speaker 16: So what that means is essentially that you can reshape the maps, but be careful for what you wish for is my only thing, because it might help you today, but it's.
Speaker 3: Going to hurt you tomorrow.
Speaker 16: And a great example of this is straight ballid voting in Kentucky.
Speaker 3: Kentucky.
Speaker 16: You know the Democrats many years ago loved straight ballid voting tickets. Well, when the tide shifted. Now they can't win any elections here. Besides Andy forsheer to be careful for what you wish for, in reality it's going to gain I really hate both sides because listen, if you want to do it after the census like it's always been done, it's fair, but you can't pick up the ball and change the change.
Speaker 3: The rules in the middle of the game.
Speaker 16: And both sides are doing it California, New.
Speaker 3: York, Texas, now the South.
Speaker 16: Like play the game, you can't change it in the middle of the game, but they are. Every every side is going to So it's going to be really interesting because all these congressional maps. Usually at this time, you have a pretty good indicator. What's it's called the cook reports. People give like plus five plus seven that basically tells you in the last presidential election how much they won by you start kind of setting up the maps. Well, if they throw out the maps and throw all new maps, which it looks like almost every state is going to do this, for your consultants and for your candidates, it changes everything because you don't know what you're running in.
Speaker 1: When will they finally know something on that and be able to intelligently, you know, look at it and make predictions that'll come down to the wire. I guess what it is too late?
Speaker 16: Well, and that's that's and that is the other question, you know. So if the Supreme Court rules sooner than later, then it has to go to all the states where they have to pass you know, legislation has to pass new maps. So I mean it's going to come down to the wire. But Let's be real. The only time either side really cares is when it affects them. So they'll get it done both sides in California and New York, Texas.
Speaker 3: They'll get it done well.
Speaker 16: But it just changes everything from fundraising, sure, the strategy because you don't know how they're going to cut it. Listen, kerry Mandering has always been a part of the game, but it's always after the census. You know, you can't pick up your ball and run when you don't like the rules. You got to play by them.
Speaker 1: I agree. I couldn't agree with you more. It would be nice if we could find some kind of vehicle where both sides are happy and we don't have to go through this nonsense every ten years. But I don't know what that would be, and I'm not optimistic and anybody will figure it out.
Speaker 16: No, And what I'm also worried about is the long term effects, because now you've kind of set precedents that you can just change it whenever you feel like, and the.
Speaker 3: House that is going to become almost more and more.
Speaker 1: Like you know.
Speaker 16: The great thing is is when you have someone from a red state or a blue state who's the opposite party because it gives you know, it shows you, hey, the state is not monolithic. But when with all these changes, you're going to have, you know, all states be blue, all states be red, and you're going to lose the common sense voter, the common since congress person, and we need them now more than ever.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this, I mean, kind of duvetailing off that conversation, would you care to venture or make any guests on the midterm congressional elections. Republicans going to keep the House? Are they going to lose it? And again, having said that, knowing that the habit is in the history is the party in power in the President's office, in the White House always loses.
Speaker 16: What do you think generally, yes, they do lose twenty four to twenty five seats. But if you're rearranging the whole order, I can't make a production because I don't know if California, when they pass it, are they going to make every single seat a solid blue? So you know, it can't give a prediction right now.
Speaker 1: No, I get it. I get it. Well, it'll make election night interesting, I guess. Let me ask you, We're still I don't know what day it is. Somebody's keeping count maybe day ten, twelve whatever of the government shut down. And that's another one, Kevin, You would think that they would be able to find a way to not make this just so crappy like it is. Now, my question to you is who's winning and well, we all, I think, are losing on it. But what party is winning on that issue? What party is losing and why?
Speaker 3: So that's a very interesting thing. So this is the first.
Speaker 16: Time that we've had a government shut down where all three you know, the House, the Senate, and the President are all the same. But there was a memo from the White House that came out yesterday that's showing that, yes, Republicans are still being blamed for the you know, the shutdown, but now it's forty four percent to thirty eight percent, where you know, Democrats have had their net favorabilities cut by seventy eight points. So you know, Romp and his team are thinking that if they just keep prolonging.
Speaker 6: This, that the Democrats are going to it's going to get.
Speaker 16: To a break even. And if it's a break even, then that's a win for the Republicans because you know, this is always about that seven, eight, ten, twelve points, And I know, people get tired of polling and all that, but that's seven to twelve.
Speaker 3: Points, whatever it is.
Speaker 16: Those are the people who swing elections, and that's who you're fighting for right now, if you're trying to fly right now. I know TSA is a nightmare, so we'll probably change who you would vote for. But you know, the government shut down. I mean, I think there's certain things that I wish that both sides could be adults and be like, you know, we need TSA. We don't want another tragedy to happen. But that would require them to be grown ups, and they're not going to do it.
Speaker 1: That ain't going to happen. I'm looking here at the Real Clear Politics average of polls. Democratic party favorability unfavorable, twenty six no way mate favorability is thirty three percent thirty three six percent favorable, fifty nine point eight percent unfavorable. Have you ever seen numbers uh that low for a political party with.
Speaker 16: A question such as this, I mean, I guess the only other time you could probably say this was daring uh W in the House in Crisis of two thousand and eight. You know, Democrats, and we've talked about this before in your show. They are just so aimless because they built their whole party on this guy sucks vote for me instead of what do you stand for? You know, Mindannie AOC may not like their politics, but you know what they stand for, and that's what voters want now. They want authenticity, even if they disagree with you. They want someone who's authentic, and Trump has brought that to politics. And frankly, you know, they're kind of going through what Republicans went through a decade ago. You have Chuck Schumer, who was so clueless, out of touch leading the party, and you know, you're kind of seeing this wave that it's coming, regardless if they wanted or not, but the establishment is going to be pushed out. I mean, you know, no prime example that's better in Maine, where there's this upstart.
Speaker 3: Planter guy who's a oyster person who's.
Speaker 16: You know, gone really viral, and who do they get a seventy seven year old governor to run in a primary against him? You know, Democrats are just literally doing exactly what Republicans did before twenty sixteen, and it's a battle for essentially the soul of the party. And frankly, it's kind of like bonding them out for an NBA team. They need to tank, clean house and then bring someone else then because their favorabilities are terrible.
Speaker 1: No, I hear you, Hey, I wanted to ask you this to Trump's big win earlier in the week at the Mid East peace deal. In my humble opinion, whether you like the man or not, a huge deal and getting political about it something that in my opinion, I think a lot of others, there is no way on God's green earth Joe Biden or Kamala Harris could have pulled that off. But my question is how does that and it's personal to Trump, but how does that affect that the favorability of the party's potentially affect the midterms? I'm guessing not a lot. How does it affect a political climate? I guess is the question?
Speaker 16: Well, yeah, there's a lot of So. First off, you know, Joe Biden and them did have a proposal ten months ago. It was very similar to this. It didn't go anywhere, but Trump did get it through, and regardless of what you think of him, this.
Speaker 3: Is his biggest win. Sure it is.
Speaker 16: Now the question is will this actually hold? That is a question that is beyond every single person no one knows, but it is a major win. I mean, regardless of what you think of him, you know, I know he's been campaigning for the Nobel Peace Prize. It's not a kid's trophy at a soccer team.
Speaker 3: But if this.
Speaker 16: Holds, he should get it next year. He should if if there are no more deaths, he should get the Nobel Peace Prize period.
Speaker 1: I didn't even think about that. I know he didn't get it this year, but the person who did get it was from a South American country who she dedicated it to Trump, So I don't know.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 16: Like, listen, if this holds there's no more killing, yes, like, regardless of what you think of him. And it's really ironic that his term this time, his foreign policy is actually viewed higher than his economic policy. Why it's the complete inverse of his first term. His domestic policies are actually underwater. Why his you know, foreign policy is actually viewed people are very helped, you know, very happy with it. Instead of Teddy Roosevelt, you know, walks off to carry a big stick. Trump is chewing gum, yelling and carrying a big stick.
Speaker 6: He's getting it done. But I understand what you're saying there is there is a peace policy. Regardless of what you think of him, the peace policy is there. He got NATO to spend five percent. He's helping Ukraine. So like all the complaints of his foreign policy, like you might not like the way it's done, but you gotta tip the cap.
Speaker 1: Yep, no question done. Hey, I gotta ask if Shared Brown versus Vivek Ramaswami, I couldn't find any polling on that. I gotta think Vivek is quite a bit ahead your thoughts on that to share and have any chance at all pulling that off.
Speaker 16: Well, Shared's running for Senate. That's not against not against the back, you know, share it against heus said it will be very interesting two three or politicians. So what Bernie Marino was really able to do the last time was basically say share it. You've been a career politician your whole life. Well, John Heathstaid's the exact same thing. So you're gonna take away that kind of key element. So it's gonna be a dog fight for back. I mean, he's walking into.
Speaker 3: The governor's office.
Speaker 16: There's not really much debate about that.
Speaker 1: Does it look like the Democratic candidate is going to be Amy acting, so.
Speaker 16: There, you know, so Amy props to her her team.
Speaker 3: They've been working very very hard.
Speaker 16: Tim Ryan, who has ran I don't know how many times, is looking like he might jump back in, which it's kind of a perfect encapsulation of the Democratic Party right now that you have someone who's a fresh blood new in that and then someone oldys jumping back in.
Speaker 3: Right, it's an uphill battle.
Speaker 16: I mean, besides, Ted Strickland went with the last time Ohio elected a Democratic governor I think.
Speaker 3: Which was before my time.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: So, And you know, it's just interesting because.
Speaker 16: Governors races, voters vote different, and like you look at a state like Kentucky where they've only had three Republican governors since World War Two, governor races are different. So you know that's gonna win. But on the Senate race, it's gonna be I would say, he said, the little favorability is more favorite to win because of the state's demographic Sure, but it is a midterm year and Sherry Brown, you know what is he like seventeen and one running elections something like that, So.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be a yeah, it's gonna be a dogfight.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this. We've got a couple of questions, laffed city council election day coming up, lots of things going on the city, mostly with respect to crime. I don't know about you, but I kind of think this is a year that perhaps strong independence like a Christopher Smithman or you know, uh, someone else who's out there working that hard and you know, everything on the table. Christopher's a friend, but do you think that he's got a shot at punching through? And about the mayor's race, I mean, is is the mayor pure of all gonna win that thing?
Speaker 16: Yes, Thatshab's gonna win. Last regard, he's gonna win by fifteen twenty points. The numbers are what the numbers are. I mean, you guys got to remember that Harris won the city of Cincinnati basically sixty five to thirty five. So there's only like twenty five percent registered like Republicans, and so all the Republicans who used to live in Cincinnati has moved to either northern Kentucky or the subs, which has made those areas rider, but has made the city bluer now.
Speaker 3: To Smitherman's point.
Speaker 16: Smother Man has a track record in the Trump era of being the only candidate to punch through the blue wall right in twenty seventeen. One thing that Democrats have to kind of worry about is there's lots of like legacy names running this time, right. So you have a smither Man, you have a Keyting, you have a dree House, you have a Mallory running right. So when people go to vote, they're going to see those names.
Speaker 3: And it's not that.
Speaker 16: They're not going to vote for all Democrats, but they're going to see those legacy names and be like, well, these are some Democrats.
Speaker 3: Maybe I want to vote for them and not be endorsed.
Speaker 16: So I think it's very possible and probably probable that you're going to see seven to eight Democrats of the Hamilton County Democratic Party, people who are already on council get re elected.
Speaker 3: But I think smither And.
Speaker 16: If I was a betting man, I think some other men's going to pull through. I think the Keating is going to be very fascinating. She's the one who I'm going to watch a lot, because you know, she.
Speaker 3: Finished just outside the bubble a light time.
Speaker 16: But it'll be really you know, the machines that are in play, they do a really good job of turning out their voters. And for a city election, it's so low of a turnout it just is well, I guess you want to look at like fifteen percent.
Speaker 1: Sure bottom line as we shall see. Kevin, hope we can call on you before the election. That really appreciates you spending time with us.
Speaker 3: Mike, thank you as always.
Speaker 1: Okay, my friend, thank you all right. That is independent political analyst Kevin Burton, always good to get his thoughts on things. Hey, the next segment here from eleven thirty to noon, no guests. So lines are ope and seven four nine seven. The big one are the numbers. If you want to be a part of.
Speaker 3: It, visualization your wallet, stuff to the bridge.
Speaker 1: We got some people want to be heard. I'm gonna get to that in a second. But I have to mention this last night and I didn't watch the game. I thought about it. Dodgers versus Brewers. Winner goes to the World Series, loser goes home. The Dodgers won. That's not the big deal. Show. Hey, O'tani put on a show that I don't think baseball has ever seen before. Well, he actually did set a record. I don't know that they'll ever see it again. Of course, he goes both ways. He pitches, and he bats three home runs, and then his pitching, he goes six innings, gives up two hits, gets ten strikeouts. So, like I said, Dodgers go to the World Series, the Brewers go home. I'm telling you, I like baseball and I follow it. If anyone would have ever asked me before Otani if they thought somebody could pull that off, I'd say, you're crazy, you know, just for the heck of it too, Babe. Ruth pitched for I don't know, probably about four years, beginning his baseball career with the Red Sox. Of course, he got traded to the Yankees. I just looked just to see if there be anything even close to that. He had a ninety four and ninety four wins forty two losses record pitching. But when he got to the Yankees, maybe he'd pitch once or twice a year. But my goodness, what Otani did last night, I really so much wish I would have watched that, because that would have been exciting. He's in a class all of his own. I mean, like I said, I don't think anybody would have thought that would have happened. Okay, let's get back to the phones. Let me talked to Tim in Florence. Hey, good morning, Tim. I'm good, I'm good.
Speaker 12: What you got Well, I just want to bring up one issue we discussed before about Kruse chefs sit in and take the country over and never fire a shot because it strive from with him. Yes, which that's pretty much what we have today, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean. I'd have to say a very good chance of it.
Speaker 12: Because I have one other point he wanted to make. Yeah, Liberals or Democrats are like hostridges. They stick their head in the sand, sort of oblivissed everything around them, and then our party puts it for the sundone shot on them, if you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I do, Tim. I appreciate the call. Thank you, have a great day, you too. Thanks. You know his point about and I didn't know that. Yeah, Kruse chefs said it. Uh, you know, we're going to take you over without firing a shot. I well, the Soviet Union's not going to take us over. They're out the program, they're gone. But the left, I mean the strides that they've made, the advances they've made in the entertainment industry in social media. Then of course that the sewer, the cesspool that is today's modern college campus. You got to wonder if some of that might be playing out at some point. Okay, who's been on the longest. Let me talk to Louise and Marie mont. Hey, good morning, Louis.
Speaker 15: Hi Mike, Louise here again. Yes, I just want to touch on several points of the maid during this program. First of all, Mike, I was always perplexed during the past few years about why all of a sudden our country is anti israel I mean, and then when you see the pulling from New York that even the Jewish people are going to vote for this guy up there. I don't even want to say his name, right, So it hit me, Mike, It finally hit me.
Speaker 1: The change is.
Speaker 15: Because Trump derangement syndrome. If Trump was pro Muslim, they would be on the reverse side. Oh yeah, you know, the Jewish people have always been held in high esteem and finance in Hollywood everywhere, and now the tide has changed, and that I believe it's now because of Trump's position of being pro Israeli and then these college campus Mike, first of all, these are paid people. I mean I confront an Antifa years ago before I even knew what they were down the Fountain Square. They are all these college, good looking kids that are paid. I confront of them, I made a lift of the mask up. It's all about Trump. They're the opposite of Trump. And when it hit me this week is when that idiot George Clooney and his most Lebanese wife decided to leave the country. Amen on that she's a Muslim and what bothers me here, Mike, and I don't want to sound like approved. I am an old lady the Muslims. If these people are really pro Muslim, why are they all dressing like I don't know if I could say hook on the line, but I am the women dress them modestly, including George Clooney's wife, who herself is a Muslim. So if they truly believe and what they're supposedly saying they believe, they be modestly dressed. I'm not saying they have to wear the whole garb, but they wouldn't be dressed so immodestly when they're protesting.
Speaker 1: No, I hear you, hey, Louise, I got a lot of calls. I'm gonna respond to your call, but I appreciate you calling. Thank you, all right, you know what I mean. She hit the nail on the head there. I do not I've said this a million times on this show. I do not understand the rise in anti Semitism. I understand how it's happening, why it's happening, but it is something that in my lifetime, and yeah, we learned, I mean even in grade school about the Holocaust, but I just I don't get it. I really don't get it. In her point, it's tied into Trump derangement syndrome. There's probably something to that, but anti Semitism is not something that I thought just about everybody else the United States of America would be dealing with in the year twenty twenty five. It just absolutely floors me. Okay, let's see, let's talk to Pete in Whitehall. Hey, Pete, Hey, good.
Speaker 9: Mor sir, hey.
Speaker 17: I wanted to follow up on the awesome mister Smitherman.
Speaker 2: Yes, and he.
Speaker 17: Comment he made, uh that on common sense. A beautiful, striking woman told me one day that common sense has become a superpower.
Speaker 2: That is that is that is I haven't heard it.
Speaker 17: Better put than that that the left has no shame, they have no account of and they have no plan to create a better America. It's only tear it down, Thank you very much, Mike, okay, program.
Speaker 1: Thanks Pete. Yeah, you know what, And that makes perfect sense. I mean, the common sense is at a premium, and all the Democrats do is want to tear things down. You know, I would challenge someone give me three three initiatives that the left slash Democrat Party the same thing have tried to get through in the last three years. It's nothing other than hate Trump, hate Trump, hate Trump, try to obstruct him at every angle. And you know, the numbers and the Republican numbers on favorability aren't all that hot either, but they're a heck of a lot better than the Democrats. So I think he makes some good points. And man, you'd like to see some common sense come back, but common sense in politics sometimes, unfortunately, just don't jibe. Let's talk to Frank. Hey, Good morning, Frank.
Speaker 18: Good morning, Mike.
Speaker 10: How you doing.
Speaker 15: Cirtain.
Speaker 1: I'm good, I'm good. What you got good? I'm with you.
Speaker 18: First of all, I kicked myself that I didn't watch that game put on assistance, saying.
Speaker 1: Can you believe that?
Speaker 18: No, those stats are like something out of a video game, and it was just unreal.
Speaker 1: That's a good one.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 18: So listen real quick. The independent journalists that you had on earlier, I'm not sure his name, but he does a wonderful job.
Speaker 1: Well, he's not a journalist, he's a political analyst.
Speaker 18: That's just an analyst. Sorry, what's his name, Kevin Burton? Burton, Yeah, he does a great job. So he made a point that I just want to say, and you agreed with him that I just want to like echo and stream in the mountaintop, and that is that we need to put something in place nationwide or more universal that just makes more of a level playing field as far as a portunate and drawing of districts. And I think that's something, you know, as divisive as the country is, you know, talk about polls pulling actually shows for most of the major issues, the majority of the country agrees. It's just the you know, the the extremes on each side that are allowedest I believe, but I think most Americans that's something that they would want. Additionally, you know, not to go down this rabbit hole but campaign finance and fixing that and getting all the dark money bs out of politics is another thing that most Americans would agree on. So you got two points that probably with bipartisan support, you could easily pass a couple of amendments. But it's never going to happen. It's never going to happen, and it's because politics is as dirty as it is on both sides, and it's a shame.
Speaker 1: So it's never it's never been this bad. It really hasn't. Frank, it's awful. And I agree with you completely. Oh like this budget thing, my god, couldn't they work out a procedure where we don't have to go through this? I'm not playing the other side on that.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 18: It's like both sides of like five year old saying I'm gonna hold my breath, like get my way. It's it's disgusting, it's it's absurd. So I wish our politicians were working more bipartisan fashion because there's a lot of major issues that they could get done that could really fix the country in positive way. But it's unfortunate that, you know, none seem too eager to do that.
Speaker 1: You're so right about that. Thanks for the call.
Speaker 18: Frank, absolutely, thank you, sir.
Speaker 1: You have a wonderful weekend, you too, thank you. Oh let's see, let's see, let's see. How about Tom in date? And Hey Tom, how are you?
Speaker 13: Hey Mike, first time caller. You know, if Amy Act is running for governor, she's got an awful lot of goall in twenty twenty and twenty twenty one, she made all the wrong decisions about COVID, you know, making us wear masks and shutting down businesses and recommending the genetic COVID shot. You know, I don't think she should be anywhere near me making decisions for the entire state. Remember that was all for a virus that had a survival rate of ninety nine point seven percent and an average age of death of eighty years old. And she had a shut down all of Ohio for that, and you know Governor DeWine went right along with her recommendations. So it's just terrible. And you know, the COVID shots not only that, they've caused a lot of damage amongst people. Right side effects. I've been tracking this unusual side effect of these white fibrous clots and the balmers and finding in corpses for the last four years. I was on Gary Jeff Walker show this last Monday talking about it again. So just one of to let your audience know that this woman should be nowhere near running our state after such poor decision making skills and twenty twenty one.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that. Tom, thanks for the call. I'm gonna address it. Yeah, I mean, she's not going anywhere. She's nobody is going to beat the vag Ramaswami and it just st ain't happening. And uh uh, I think that you know she's got I think she's got a primary challenge. We were talking to mister Burton about that, but now I can't recall. Uh there's some other Democrat that I think wants to do it. But she or any other Democrat for that matter, is not going to beat Ramaswami. My goodness, he got out so early on that thing, and he's even got two or three unions supporting him, So I don't think we need to worry about that. How about Mike in Columbus and then Marsha Hey, Mike.
Speaker 11: Hey, Mike, how you doing.
Speaker 1: I'm good what you got.
Speaker 11: It's a pleasure to speak with you again after all this time. Listening to you, it would be really easy to just parrot everything you say because I agree one hundred percent, thank you with every perspective you have. I'm i'm, i'm I'm a little different topic here, and that's the National Guard situation. I'm a little perplexed why with all the pushback that we're receiving from the mayors and the governors of these cities that have these ridiculous crime rates, and who President Trump wishes or has in fact sent in guard if they want to bitch and moan about this like they are of the opinion. And plus, if you agree with me that the majority of people in Chicago, or in Tennessee, in Memphis, or wherever it happens to be where these crimes, the majority the people want the crime eradicated. They don't care how it's done. They are fed up with the crime. And you've got these squeaky wheels who you know, couch out to the mayors and the governors who are going to have this Trump derangement syndrome and say we don't want them here, Get them the heck out. I say take them out. I say get them out. Don't send them into these cities that don't want them there. Let the cities go through the crime that we expect that they will, okay, and if we're not afraid that we're wrong, let them go through the crime that they're going to go through. And then those people who haven't spoken out, but the silent majority, are going to go to the governor and to the mayor and say, listen, we're not going to take us anymore. We don't care what you do. Bring in the guard, and it'll be at that point that we prove the point that they needed it all along and that this is nothing more than a complicit movement against Donald Trump. I don't understand why we're so hell bent on going ahead and sending these troops in now. I get that the President doesn't want to see any more death and destruction. That was true in the Israel as well as the Russian conflicts. But at some point you have to say, if you're not wanted there, and all we're going to do is have these constant rebel causes against us, say enough is enough. We ain't going you deal with it, have a nice day. Can you explain to me what's wrong with that philosophy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got to let you go here. Thank you, Mike. I appreciate the call. You know what I mean. He makes a good point. I remember in Minneapolis. I guess it was during the George Floyd Bryants. My god, that town, A good chunk of it was burned down pretty badly. And you know, I don't know. I guess that would be one option to say to the cities, you take care of your own self here and forget about any help from US. I guess my thought is, what kind of governor, what kind of mayor, what kind of elected official would argue against help with crime? Why would you do that? I mean, it's going to directly benefit the citizens your constituency. But that's the state of the Democratic Party now. They don't want the increased protection. But it's going to be interesting to see all this plays out. That question, I think is before the Supreme Court, So I guess we'll find out. Hey, i'm out of time, Marcia. Thank you so much for call, and I promise I'll get to you next week if you call. Hey, I'm out of here. But well, first of all, I want to thank my excellent producer Liam for keeping me out of trouble every week and Sunday night from ten to one am. My son and I are doing Willie's national show Coast to coast, so that's always fun. If you're up, kind of tune us in. Mike Allen seven