Speaker 1: Listen up. The ratings just came in for last month. We are number one. We just grabbed every key demogram. Yeh, super duper.
Speaker 2: That's nice. Might a gondogay?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: That is good news.
Speaker 4: Hobert Tree Morning Show, Friday, July seventeenth of twenty twenty six. I'm Corey Cove. That's meat sauce. Paul Lambert. There's Zach Alverson.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi morning he How is everyone good?
Speaker 4: Some dude I've never heard of? Just shoutout twenty eight on the front nine. What's the hell Lucas Herbert's Oh? I think and ein't be wrong.
Speaker 5: I think that's the guy Rosie would have taken if he hadn't taken John Rock got it?
Speaker 4: Okay, so he's your leader at minus six? Yeah, I've never heard of that guy either, Lucas Herbert all right?
Speaker 1: Twenty eight? Any of these guys other than Mark collahen Like, who the heck? Who's Pie Coudie? Uh? Something had in the eighties.
Speaker 4: I think that's Kelly Hansen's dog. Oh, that's a callback. You got to listen all week otherwise this show makes no sense, right, This makes absolutely no sense.
Speaker 1: Where's our guy Crasol. I don't know, man, what's going on?
Speaker 4: Man, he's playing initials today, but it's five thirty one. He's never late, No, he's never wonder if the security doors are given well, I think he would.
Speaker 5: Have texted he. I think he has. I think he can get into that.
Speaker 4: But we got we got construction around here, we have new security doors. It's just a pain in the ass. So between your stupid ass brother Dove, Oh yeah, he's coming in today. Johnny Athletic, Kelsey Cook, Chad Greenway, and Creesol. I'm like, we're gonna have people that are circling Highway one hundred going how do I get.
Speaker 1: To the station now? I go? I don't. I don't know. Yeah, I don't figure it out.
Speaker 5: Maybe that's for Johnny's maybe circling them give up. Yeah, john wouldn't give up.
Speaker 4: Greenway's out of quitter. Yeah, a lot of work ethic out of that kid.
Speaker 1: Doc wouldn't give up, wouldn't give up. That was not like methic.
Speaker 4: I've seen him quit plenty of times on a roulette table when it goes the wrong way.
Speaker 6: I hear him. I think I hear criesel. I think you're correct. How can you hear that? I got really good hearing for some reason, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know why he is. He nailed it, Sonar. What's up brother? Good morning John? Look this guy. Good to see him. Man, Hi John, good to be seen. Yeah. You know, I'm still adjusting to the key cards.
Speaker 4: Yeah, saying between the construction and the key card, it's not easy.
Speaker 1: To get here anymore. Yep. But you made it the gel from down the hall at me. And so while I was messing with the app.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, how you been excellent?
Speaker 1: Like I haven't seen you in a second.
Speaker 7: I know, been busy traveling and yeah, life is good, summer is going two damn fast. I've started my crunching now for fantasy football and it's getting to be that time.
Speaker 1: So this is a.
Speaker 5: Story nobody cares about, but you will. John a friend of mine, a friend an acquaintance of ours, who runs a fantasy league of mine. He works at Youngsteds and I was there the other day getting an oil change. Great story, and the first thing he says to me is, your buddy John is really good at fantasy football. And I'm not kidding. Yeah, I appreciate it. Yeah, yeah, I'd better be. Well, you're pretty good at it. The fact that I married, well, she gets it that Sunday's it's that is my day. It's the Lord's day and my day also with you.
Speaker 7: And from nine am or if there's international games before that, all the way to ten thirty pm, you know where I'll be.
Speaker 1: I'll be in the war room. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Do you know the dark story when it comes a dark star story when it comes to you know, like Saturdays is for.
Speaker 5: The boys, which I'm telling you he invented that. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't think he would care if I said this, because you know, he's been gone for what twelve years or whatever it's been.
Speaker 1: He's been gone for almost fifteen and I love that dude to death.
Speaker 4: But again he also you know, you never quite knew if he was exaggerating or not.
Speaker 1: But he told me once that his first weekend married, he knew it was over. And I'm like, well, how did you know? And he said, because he got up He's going to go to the horse track. Right. Camp is ass on a couch at the press box.
Speaker 7: And watch horses all day. And she's like, where are you going Saturday?
Speaker 1: Going to the track.
Speaker 4: She's like, well, we're going to do A and B and see and he's like, certainly no Monday Saturday.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: She's like, well, we have other plans and he's like, this ain't gonna work. He knew weekend number one it was over.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, my wife knows all day Sunday then don't plan anything. Monday nights or Thursday nights, doesn't matter. If it's the Browns and Jaguars planning.
Speaker 1: We only get eighteen of them.
Speaker 7: But the view of it, I was watching the games too, so it's yep, you gotta watch them, have to. I don't want the summer to end, but I know that it will. And when it does, God's little gift to us to say, you know what. I know you're sad that it's gonna be winter soon. It's Kyle Murphy.
Speaker 1: But here you go, here's Kyle Murphy on a platter. Yep. Who's who said that he's taking a beat in this route? Johnny Kane.
Speaker 4: A couple of hours, you square off in quarterfinal number one of the Initials Invitational, you versus the lead Juggalo versus John Athletic, John Krazinski, Johnny Athletic, and then Kelsey Cook and Chad Greenway.
Speaker 7: Yes, I'm excited. It's been a minute. Yep, you're the favorite.
Speaker 1: But we'll see.
Speaker 5: You never know, You just never know. Yeah, you never know what you're gonna get out of a dob either.
Speaker 1: No, I know what I'm gonna get.
Speaker 4: Ridiculous jokes, yeah, just insane clown posse lyrics and Sean Kemp throwbacks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which you'll probably wear.
Speaker 4: How you feeling recovery good? Feel like you're back on track, back to one hundred percent.
Speaker 7: I feel like the surgery never happened. That's really But I can't golf till next thursday. I had my check up this week and he was like, at six weeks, they don't want you twisting or turning. Yeah, the stars will not be the scars will be fully as heeled as they can be by a next thursday.
Speaker 1: So we'll see. But I can let it red.
Speaker 4: You'll wake up on a Saturday and go, I'm going to the golf course, and she'll.
Speaker 1: Go, where are you going? We're gonna do A and B and no, oh, we're playing golf golf day. She knows the deal. She knows the deal.
Speaker 4: Speaking of golf again, something called Lucas Herbert is your leader at the Open, the one hundred and fifty fourth Open Championship at Royal Birkdale. He's a hitting out of the rough right now, but he put up a twenty eight on the front nine Jesus twenty.
Speaker 1: That's a good lie. Though he's in a rough, but that's he's foing it.
Speaker 4: And then something called super is minus five, and then a group at minus four is Wallace, Cooty, Cawley and Morikawa. So my guy in the Power Trip bet is the leader in the Power Trip group, but he's chasing five guys. I've literally never heard of any of the five ahead of morikaw have.
Speaker 1: You, guys, No, I've never heard of any of that. I don't know of any I don't know any of those guys ahead.
Speaker 5: Of him, no, which you know is normally the case. The guys who we thought would run away with this, like Matthew Fitzpatrick. He's won over Wendell Clark I think is now five over after he just burdied that last hole.
Speaker 1: Is wend oh Man, Jim Wendell.
Speaker 5: There's Wendell two doubles cit either way, nobody'd ever heard of him until well, A lot of us hadn't heard of him until about a month ago.
Speaker 1: Thanks a lot, Core, Thanks a lot, KYT. You're welcome.
Speaker 5: Saved us money and you would have won the whole thing. You are right about that one hundred thousand. I'm not normally right, and I get told I'm not right by you guys all the time.
Speaker 7: What I'm a hundred percent correct on that you're not. You don't owe it to everyone to not say it. That is your right this time.
Speaker 4: But well, I also didn't know that I would be saying something that literally someone wouldn't understand, right, Like I would have thought everybody in the group would have at least heard of Wyndham Clark because he won a major a couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: And then I said that I was betting on him.
Speaker 4: Gorg raved about my take, and then like three picks later, Wendell clarkport in.
Speaker 7: The news barely often, you know, was outburst last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's bezza.
Speaker 5: What I said that if we were presenting this as a case, my final thing I would show the jury is the odds thing that I print every day. Closing statement, Yeah would be my yeah, correct, My closing statement would be the odds sheet that I print out for hockey because Hockey doesn't know any of these guys and him, Wendham Clark, Wendell Clark was not on that list. That's how I know he's thirty seven to one correct. He would have never taken him had you not said anything. And then Gorg not rave a bike.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 4: Well again, if we go back about three or four weeks or whatever it was, I thought there was a part of me that's gonna go, well, if I win the biggest sports, best bet of my life, it's is it gonna take a little bit of the shine off that Rosie scoop in the power Trip bed. And it turns out it didn't affect me at all. I was still super pumped. Everybody else was bitter. I couldn't have cared less. Yeah, I didn't ruin my day at all.
Speaker 1: No. No, it was Father's Day too, pretty good Father's Day. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Man, it was fun cheering for it. That's a I mean, that was a tasty victory for you. That's it was awesome. Golf betting's the best, the best, the best, the best.
Speaker 5: Every shot matters, every shot matter, especially on a course like this. A bad shot can cost you the whole thing. Man, You're all these guys are a triple bolgie away from being out of it.
Speaker 4: We go back to uh to Windham's win three or four weeks ago, and you had so many people cheering for Scottie that were at the course and so many people cheering against Windham.
Speaker 1: Right. We had people yelling.
Speaker 7: Get in the water on holes that didn't have water, and of course I'm on my coach yelling the same thing because I want everybody but Wyndham to go in the water, even on holes that didn't have water.
Speaker 1: It's the best to anti sweat the entire field. It's fun. It's so much fun.
Speaker 7: Tyler George had bet in Vegas on him as well.
Speaker 1: He face times me because he saw that I was cheering for him.
Speaker 7: Now, I was in a I selected Wyndham Clark in a pool a lot less money than you, and he won.
Speaker 1: But he FaceTime me's like whiskey shot.
Speaker 7: I was like all right, and that he was like another because he also grew some pretty heavy grease on it too.
Speaker 1: So I mean it was fun knowing you both were hell yeah.
Speaker 7: But remember when I had said, uh, forget what I said to you, But it was something along the lines of like should be hopefully a very sweat free day, and it wickly quickly got real sweaty.
Speaker 1: It got real greasy well, and I had.
Speaker 4: Friends telling me not to hedge, but I honestly was going to. But the way that the field set up that day, he had a six shot lead and the group behind him wasn't two guys, it was like fifteen guys. How do you hedge against that many players? So I basically just had to let it ride and had to sweat it all.
Speaker 7: You were stock, yet I was sucking to you know.
Speaker 1: Washing or couch or something I know how to get you out. Yeah, yeah, it was.
Speaker 5: That was an unbelievable thing because the last hole, when he hit that bad shot and slumped his shoulders, You're going, oh my god, where did he hit that body blow?
Speaker 1: And he didn't he hit it right. The body language down the stretch was just brutal. It was. Yeah, yeah, it was. Did you watch the Open all day yesterday? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you will watch it all day today? I will watch it all day to day.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Will you watch it all day tomorrow? I'll watch most of it all day tomorrow. Will you watch it all day Sunday, Yes, sir, well done. Yeah, it's the best. I love every second of it. It's the best.
Speaker 5: Major Golf is awesome because it's people like this Herbert guy I've never heard of, who just almost sunk a huge putt right there to go up seven under. But man, it's it's just the stress of it, and some of these guys battle, and you know, Rory's having a hell of a time. Well, if Scotty go in the afternoon, he gives us a little insurance on the afternoon in the morning here, but he gives us a little insurance in our power trip golf. Bet my guy'll go off about eight fifty three.
Speaker 1: Do you feel a little bit better than Xander's off to a bad start?
Speaker 7: Well, Xander, he looked good yesterday. Eighteen eighteen was the death plus one right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So do you feel a little bit better that your guys? But the guy that you wanted to truly did get sniped? Yeah, truly a little bit out truly got sniped. I got sniped. He can get HoTT yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: And he doesn't know.
Speaker 7: He is the same body language, same demeanor, whether it's going.
Speaker 1: Good or bad.
Speaker 7: So he he is one that even if he's going a little rough, I don't worry about him bouncing back.
Speaker 1: He will. I think he will. I like Xander. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, it's just fun to watch, just fun to watch these guys play a really tough course.
Speaker 4: This does look impossible. Yeah, I don't know if people do this every time they go in the bunker?
Speaker 1: How many? How many shots? Yesterday I saw one with Rory.
Speaker 4: I saw one with Yamat up on the top of it and then his leg in the bunker, almost shooting from your knees. Yeah, because the ball is like four feet underneath.
Speaker 1: You and they're doing it.
Speaker 4: It's like, yeah, I don't know how some of those bunker shots are even possible.
Speaker 5: No, these guys are pros. Yeah, it's sweet, man. I love watching it.
Speaker 1: And they got so much time on the weekend to practice because the weekend's finally here.
Speaker 5: No they married, Well, no practice, Uh, because saturdays are for the boys.
Speaker 4: Nope, they have so much time to practice on the weekends because they don't have to worry about.
Speaker 1: Oh, leaves in their gutters.
Speaker 5: For my friends at Gutter Helmet and Gutter Helmet MN dot com, never clean your gutters again.
Speaker 4: Uh, power Trip Morning Show again one and twenty thousand dollars. We're at for the same Paul Federal Credit Union initials jackpot. Somebody gets a crack of that today at eight fifteen, right before krissel Dove, John Krasinski, Kelsey Cook and Chad Greenway square off in quarterfinal number one, one listener might win one hundred and twenty thousand dollars. We're at one hundred and twenty k Ladies and gentlemen. That's pretty sick. Could it just go believable? Could just great off?
Speaker 6: Though?
Speaker 1: Spend years? Let's go more than powers you? Why don't you after this on a fan? Oh? Grinding and squealing? What are you gonna do about that? Time for new breaks? The Chain Store Never.
Speaker 6: Has fifth Birthday Bash at Treasure Island November fifth and sixth Thursday nights. Comedy show has reached capacity. Buff The way list is still well, but make sure to listen to The Power Trip for chances for your way in. Then be there Friday morning. No registration needed for a live broadcast Any Vegas Trip in November with the show up for grabs. Details at Cafe dot com Slash twenty five.
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to the Power to You Morning Show, Corey Cove meetsos, Paul Lambert, Zach Elvererson and John Kriesol.
Speaker 1: Hi John, Hi, Hi, Hi Hello. I don't know why.
Speaker 4: I have a hunch that you might have a strong take on Lebron, but the Lebron watch continues. Have you guys seen in the last day or two, even though people like John Krazinski, who will be here in a couple of hours, even though there's a lot of experts that keep saying the Wolves make so much sense for Lebron.
Speaker 1: Have you seen like when you see stories.
Speaker 4: Now about Lebron has not decided where he's gonna go. He's not sure how soon, but it might be pretty soon. It's not even five teams that are listening now, it's the four. It's like Warriors are an outside chance, but it's Cleveland and it's Philly in Miami, like the I feel like the Wolves are the one that is slowly falling off national story. So some of the insiders are going still makes a lot of sense, They're still really trying hard, but the national ones are starting to fade on the Wolves. Does that mean that it's a more fun surprise when he lands here or that this is reality, that it's fading.
Speaker 1: I think it's reality. I can't stand him.
Speaker 4: I absolutely cannot stand asked I had a hunch you mite, but.
Speaker 7: I would love if he was on the Wolves. I would love if he was on the Wolves. It does make a ton of sense. But then again, you know, when it doesn't happen, because I don't think it's going to, then I'll be I'll look at the bright side and say we don't have to see Lebron every night in the postgame, you know, pretending to read books and all his stupid even this, he's pretended almost like to be like, hey, I'm going to be upfront and to say I'm not coming back to LA and then he's got to drag it out on purpose. He knows where he's going, he's not undecided. He knew where he was going when he told LA that he's not going back.
Speaker 1: But he's gotta do this. It's just unbearable.
Speaker 4: How cool would it be, though, for a guy that has had that tag on him his entire career to do what you just said, do the opposite, just announce that you're leaving the Lakers about whatever.
Speaker 1: Five days later, as quickly as possible.
Speaker 4: Go, I'm going to Miami, no press conference, know the decision. Just just do it the exact way we always wanted you to do it, just as I'll send off.
Speaker 1: Go like I'm not dragging this out. I'm going to Miami. You can't wait.
Speaker 7: Don't tell me about the labor pains. Show me the baby. Yeah, that's it. But that's that's not how he rolls. He had to guess.
Speaker 1: Where do you think he goes? Probably I don't.
Speaker 7: I feel like the Philadelphia thing, because that's he's been to the Heat, he's been to Cleveland.
Speaker 1: It's fun to go home. Yeah, But I don't know.
Speaker 7: I don't think if he's on there they're gonna win at all. If he goes to Philly, they might. I don't know. I think besides the Wolves, does that not make the most sense As far as him improving the team.
Speaker 1: He'd be real good on Philly.
Speaker 5: That's a that's that's as they like to say in the real estate business, that's a turn key team.
Speaker 1: He would just show up. But is he I don't know what his goal is.
Speaker 7: Is he trying to get a team to the title or is he trying to go have fun what. I don't know what he wants, but he really has nothing to lose. No, he's the second greatest player of all time.
Speaker 4: His legacy is Cementum, absolutely, so he's easiest chasing whatever he's personally chasing.
Speaker 1: It's not going to change our opinion about him at all.
Speaker 5: If it's for fun, He's going to Golden State because you can it's warm all the time, he can play golf like he said he wanted to do when they're not playing and all that. If he if he truly wants to win a championship, it's phillyre here, right, yeah, because if you go to Cleveland, I don't think they can win it. No, I don't think he wants to play with James Harden, who's a ball dominant guard and Meat Sauces on defense. I don't think he wants to go there Miami. I don't think really Miami w'd be fun on all that. James Harden needs to go to game Dave Men's health, Yeah for sure he does. Yeah, yeah, yeah, he needs some gop one.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But I just think that, like if he truly as as all the experts, Kendrick Perkins says this, the guy what's the Max Kellerman has said this, if he truly wanted to win, this is the team. It's plug and play. He wouldn't have to do a lot on defense. They would put him ball, would get him in a good situation, and they could They could win a ton of games. I don't know if they'd become the betting favorite because of Wemby.
Speaker 1: Definitely would not, but they would.
Speaker 5: I mean they tend to one, do you think, Yeah, But I'm just saying they wouldn't jump san Antonio O no, no. And you know, I think that's the other thing about this though, does he really want to if if you know, if Wemby was in the East, then maybe I think he doesn't want to play in the Western Conference. He's got an easier path than the East. That's why I think Philly makes the most.
Speaker 7: But that's that's if his goal is to win a title, and of course his goal is to win a title every year, of course, not if he goes to Golden still, but his goal is still to win the title, of course. Yeah, but it's a lot more realistic if it is Philadelphia or here.
Speaker 1: But what again, what is it that he wants? Yeah? Attention, Yeah, attention, Zachary.
Speaker 4: Souhach drive the club you know this morning obviously, get out to the car, and then I drive here, and then I get out in the parking ramp and then I walk in.
Speaker 1: I'm looking out the window.
Speaker 4: Didn't smell like a campfire. The smoke that we were looking at yesterday is gone.
Speaker 3: So is this?
Speaker 1: Is this completely supposed to be out of here yesterday? For now?
Speaker 4: Yesterday we were talking about all the wind was supposed to basically clear out all the smoke.
Speaker 1: For now?
Speaker 4: Is that the update? For now you have a secret, But for now there's supposed to come back. Yeah, I mean I think monday, if not sooner, any think.
Speaker 1: So as long as it's not tomorrow.
Speaker 7: We have about nine thousand children that are going to be at our house for Chloe's birthday.
Speaker 1: Party, and we have room inside. You guys have been to.
Speaker 7: My house, but play a lot of cars at your house, yes, sir. And but outside is going to be the setup all the games, the balloon artists and outside. We don't want the kids having to wear you know, fire department respirators.
Speaker 1: So make it a fun game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, making a fun game for sure. Seven You can stop and ninety five masks from Nordal.
Speaker 1: How was she?
Speaker 7: I have no idea, that's right, it's crazy, multi syllable words, doesn't even know those. She hasn't told me to go back to the war lately.
Speaker 1: Man seven years old?
Speaker 4: Well hopefully, I don't think it sounds like for now, according to Zach, for now, it sounds like her party is safe.
Speaker 1: Sounds like he knows, but he just doesn't want to tell. He does know. He's on top of things like that.
Speaker 7: All the news channels too, they said, clearing throughout Friday. By Friday afternoon, we should be in the clear.
Speaker 1: For smelling. It doesn't smell like it.
Speaker 7: The campfire smell from yesterday was overwhelming, it was ridiculous, And now it does not smell that way.
Speaker 4: This Herbert guy just did it again. Another birdie on eleven. He's mine minus seven. God jeez, he was. He was even to start the day. He has seven birdies through eleven holes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good for him. Man, What is he doing? I don't know.
Speaker 5: He's playing good golf, that's what he's doing. I've never heard of him.
Speaker 4: Two shot lead now over Bud Colley and Jackson. Super good for him. Man, who the hell is Lucas Herbert minus seven through eleven holes.
Speaker 1: I bet would know, but damn dude's on fire. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Front Paid Sports in a second, Power to a morning show on the fan from the one eight hundred Ask Gary Traffic Center. This report is sponsored by bonus Bucks is back on KFA.
Speaker 6: We have nine chances for you to win one thousand dollars every weekday. That's every hour from nine am until five pm. Tender the keywords. Learn more at the KFA and dot com Bonus Bucks presented by big deck dot Com. Time now for Front Page Sports presented by Holiday Station Stars.
Speaker 1: Holiday Station Stores, you can get.
Speaker 4: Red Bull three for six fifty for a limited time, mixing match any flavors of red Bull you want. Was eight and a half ouncers at Holiday Thanks.
Speaker 1: Holiday Yeah, Holiday Whales go.
Speaker 4: Wait, Holiday Yeah, We'll get to red Bull Holiday a right, good morning, the best wake up?
Speaker 1: All right, thanks to Holiday. Here we go, Zachary.
Speaker 4: The NHL released it's expanded eighty four game regular season schedule. I forgot they were expanding to eighty four. Yeah. The story I read said back in the day it was temporarily for a couple of years eighty four because every team was going to have a couple of neutral site games, but that didn't last very long. People were like, this is stupid, and then I went back to eighty two.
Speaker 7: So it's been at eighty two since the ninety five ninety six season, but now we're at eighty four.
Speaker 4: The season open September twenty ninth. Carolina raises their banner against the Florida Panthers. The Wild open Thursday, October first at Nashville. The home openers a couple days later, Saturday, October third, against Boston. Four of the first five games for the Wild on the road. There are two days where all thirty two teams in the NHL play. That's October thirteenth and April tenth. You're a diehard hockey fan and want to watch all thirty two teams, those are the two days. But Zach, what do you think about this? I don't know if this is brand new or if they've been transitioning into this, but the other story I read said this new schedule has an increase in Monday afternoon games, and the reason is is they're trying to give one day a week, essentially to the European markets they want to grow in the that side of the world, and they're like, if we have one day where we slightly increase how many games are early afternoon, that'll be primetime and europe In maybe European.
Speaker 1: Hockey fans will jump on board.
Speaker 4: Your thoughts about anything I just said in the last forty five seconds.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I remember I looked at the schedule for the while yesterday and I saw that they had a one o'clock game on Monday, December twenty eighth, and I was like, that's peculiar, that's interesting. That's but you know, I guess it makes sense obviously being in a you know, between Christmas and New Year's you know, that's not fully out of the realm of possibility, but obviously a part of this European push, which is is good.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's one thing. I mean we well, you know, the.
Speaker 6: North American sports, so if you're playing, you know, every game at seven o'clock, that's that's the middle of the night. Andy knows the pain from the Vikings side when they play Monday night football, but he's probably you know, we've seen how how great the NFL has flourished out East, and that's because they play We lost of their games. Most of the games are in the daytime and they can still watch them in Europe. So I like the idea, like obviously growing the game. It's I mean, so many of our our wild players are from Europe, so much talent comes from there, and might as well reward that and give them an opportunity to watch at a reasonable hour.
Speaker 1: So I like it. Well, Sun just think too, if it's a home game, can.
Speaker 7: Take take a half day at work, Yeah, yeah, go hit up West seventh. Yeah, a couple of those nice establishments, go watch hockey, then come home in time for Monday night football.
Speaker 1: Well said.
Speaker 4: Pros and cons on the eighty four versus eighty two pros one.
Speaker 6: Less preseason games, So that's nice. Just I think we just got the four this year, which is awesome. We've had, like, I mean, there's been weird numbers of preseason games in the past where it's like it's got to like seven or eight.
Speaker 1: It's like it's just it's just the worst.
Speaker 6: So to you know, have four solid preseason games and then you know, that's basically kind of what they did is they took a took a couple of preseason games away and and made them you know count and that's that's probably the right thing to do. Obviously, more money for for the league, for the owners, for the players, and uh so, I don't really have a problem with It's it's not a huge change, you know, four more points up for grabs throughout the season. So and you know, looking at the schedule, especially with the the the Olympic break this year, it's I think a little bit more favorable for everybody. Not too many back to backs, pretty consistent Tuesday, Thursday, you know, some Friday games.
Speaker 1: You know a lot of Saturday games.
Speaker 6: In fact, you know, December is very consistent for the Wild Tuesdays and Saturdays pretty.
Speaker 1: Much the entire month.
Speaker 6: You will be able to listen to Wild hockey right here on the fan.
Speaker 1: So excited for it, excited to get to going. So only a couple of months away.
Speaker 4: The Twins are back at it. Starting tonight. They are at the Chicago Cubs at seven five. The Twins are forty eight and forty nine at the break, three games behind Chicago and Cleveland. The first seven games post All Star Breaker on the road, three against the Cubs and then four against the team they're chasing.
Speaker 1: Cleveland.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I forget that started again tonight. Yeah, we'll see look at it tonight. Yeah, we'll see what The trade deadline is a very important date for you Twins fans and who think that maybe they're turning a corner. If they don't add or significantly add to a bullpen that is going to cost them games down the stretch, then it's the same old Twins. I mean that sound like they're going to add you know, Juan Soto, but they got it.
Speaker 1: They should at least try and add.
Speaker 5: They never do they try and pick up these waiver guys to fill in a bullpen that is awful. And we'll see what they do. I think it's August third is the trade deadline, so to day to watch, and if they can stay above five hundred or stay around the number they're at, maybe they we'll see. Because the ale central is horrible.
Speaker 4: I want to go ahead and assume you're not going to answer the poleads, But who do you give the most credit to for the forty eight and forty nine start?
Speaker 1: Shelton? I mean the players too, but Shelton.
Speaker 5: Shelton has taken a group of guys that fell apart at the end of the season last year, they didn't really add they stripped away all their players, and the Korea bit, now that you look at it was probably the right move because I don't even think he plays for Houston.
Speaker 1: But no problem with that. It was trading away guys.
Speaker 5: Here's the guy they traded to Toronto that had like five years of control, the Griffin Jacks Varl Right. They gave him away right like that control is still correct in hand. And that was the one where like the Gleamans and the Bonus of the world were like, I get the Korea bit. You weren't going to pay him that money. He I think he's hurt, hurt. I don't even think he's playing yet to be and he didn't want to be here. And the second he found out that it was possible to be traded, he was like, I want out.
Speaker 1: I want to go to Houston.
Speaker 5: But when you're training guys that have like a bunch of control left for nothing, stupid, it's stupid.
Speaker 1: It's just a money is putting for Birdie again. Yeah, and he makes it. Get well, he spoiled it. You're like, you're five seconds and Peacock over there.
Speaker 7: I make that's a long ass putt. He drills this one too. This guy's on.
Speaker 1: Fireman right down the hat, minus eight through twelve.
Speaker 7: Lucas Herbert eight under for the round and for the tournament.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he has freaking eight birdies through twelve. Roubles.
Speaker 4: What is going on with this kid? And who is he? And why did Rosie not take him?
Speaker 1: I think I think he was going to I think he got snipe.
Speaker 4: He's a three shot lead now over Super, Collie and Mori Kawa, but Caulley's about to bogey, so he'll drop out of that little group though. Super is about to birdie possibly here as well. So we got a bunch of no names here that are red hot at the top. That one just dropped in. So Super is all by himself in second.
Speaker 1: At minus six thirty. That's his fifth birdath today.
Speaker 7: I think the last time it was here when Speith won, it was like twelve under. But at this pace, man, it's gonna be like TPC twin Cities, It'll be like eighteen nineteen under.
Speaker 4: This is like an all time run, right, what's the.
Speaker 1: The course record?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, I don't know how many fifty nine's you see, but he's on pace for that man fifty nine is like that magic PGA number where you get a fifty nine and you that's out stand. I mean he's on pace obviously for a fifty nine.
Speaker 6: I mean his best finish in is like a tied for thirteenth in the twenty twenty two PGA. Other than that, like the last he was cutting the US Open, what was he cutting last year's Open?
Speaker 7: Eight under sixty two is the competitive course record, So I mean, well that's what he's at. He's at that right now, eight under.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Good for him with what six holes to go? Yeah? Yeah, good for him. Man. Wow.
Speaker 4: The Links host Portland tomorrow at seven o'clock. The Links have the best record in the WNBA at nineteen and six. Portland Fire, Oh yeah, in the Twin Cities tomorrow.
Speaker 7: Yeah, good for them. Portland Fire. Yes, sir, hopefully there's no smoke. We'll play, Joe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just sick stand for now. Yeah, you're right, Zach. Zach sounded like he had a secret.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like he had information that he didn't want to share with the class.
Speaker 5: Like he's like Randy and thinks the government controls the wind?
Speaker 1: Do they? I don't ask Randy. The next Simmy comes over to your house. He's there right now. Well text him. He's working until nine? Why nine?
Speaker 4: Apparently he has to go. He's got other jobs around town. But he doesn't work outside in the smunk, No, just indoors. Does he park in the garage? No, he parks in the street. Oh, well, good for Randy. Then he like normally goes around the back.
Speaker 1: I guess, yeah, okay, I don't know what he's doing. He's working on something. Good for him. Man, Good for Randy.
Speaker 4: You have a lot of really dumb friends, but he's not one of them. And I'll tell you why again. He's been working on my house for what almost twelve years, has never charged me.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Once.
Speaker 4: He's a nice guy, real nice guy that he goes out of his way to say that he works pro bono.
Speaker 1: Yeah he does. I think he says that a lot.
Speaker 4: He said he's extremely pro bono. What he says, yeah, well, like more like share share was pro bono. So is that tree? Oh the tree was anti.
Speaker 7: God was pro bone would have caught him and gently you set him aside?
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, what are you doing here? Today's not your day?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: No, wow, I've heard of the giving tree. That's the killing tree. Geese.
Speaker 4: You know what is it Will Ferrell in the office. Is he the one that says everybody that I know that Skis is dead?
Speaker 1: Wow? Is that the line or something like that?
Speaker 4: By the way, I gave his new show, The Hawk a chance yesterday. That a new golf show that looks like Billy Madison or not me, Happy Gilmore.
Speaker 1: You gave it a shot. How many episodes? I'm part of the way through one. Oh, he gave up very good. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Tim was home alone yesterday and was said it was good and he was watching it. Maybe I just need to be in a different frame of mind.
Speaker 1: But I did not like it. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I gave the first episode my full attention. Then I had it kind of just rolling while I started to lose interest. It's a it is. The show is not good. I can just stop right there. It's not good. Right, However, because it's Will Ferrell about once an episode, it's like, god, dang, that's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he's he's it's brilliant.
Speaker 7: No matter what he does, it's essentially Happy Gilmore, but filthier.
Speaker 4: Right, he's swearing a lot on the golf course. He's swearing a ton off the golf course. He's like a self centered former champion trying to get back on the PGA tour. His son is like this new hot shot golfer that does everything the right way. Yeah, he's washed up. It's kind of east bounding down ish. It does feel a little bit like he's bounding down. Yeah, it's just it's it's not great, but it's got very small pockets of god.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: Will Ferrell was just so freaking good. So it's not a show I would recommend to anybody. I've laughed a couple of times.
Speaker 1: I'll probably watch more episodes. At some point.
Speaker 7: I was thankful when Chloe walked into the room because I was like, gotta turn it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. I was like, it's.
Speaker 4: Unless you want the sea bomb on the golf course multiple times, because the sea bomb comes out pretty frequently.
Speaker 1: He gets very upset. Yeah.
Speaker 5: One of the reviews is the Hawk isn't close to making the cut. No, that's funny. It's not good. It's just has moments cuss words.
Speaker 7: The other she was like, I think I'm ready to learn about football this year, and I was like, perfect, I will teach you.
Speaker 1: You asked.
Speaker 7: She's like, I'll ask questions and then there is a pause, and she goes, can I say bad words at the TV?
Speaker 1: And I said, that's part of watching football. She learned that from dad, she learned that from watching you.
Speaker 7: And I said, no, I don't cuss in front of her during football games.
Speaker 1: It's a little different. Yeah, it's a little greet that doesn't count the kid.
Speaker 4: Isn't it crazy, Abo how kids pick up on that stuff. It's like she doesn't even really want to learn about the sport. She just wants asked us to swear words.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 7: When I swear during football games, it's not a whisper.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, I'm watching football games with you. It is definitely not. But that's what makes it fun.
Speaker 1: Especially last year, a lot of cussing. Yeah, all right, if you're not going to watch Will Ferrell cuss this weekend, it sounds like the rest of the world is going to watch The Odyssey on Imax. Everybody's raving about it. We'll talk to mister Z.
Speaker 4: About it in a second, and we'll do what really matters about a little A little over an hour from now.
Speaker 1: The room starts to fill up.
Speaker 4: Kelsey Cook, Chad Greenway, John Krazinski, Dove Lambert and Crease will square off at eight fifteen for quarter final number one of the Initials Invitational, and one of you listeners gets to guests and gets a crack at one hundred and twenty thousand dollars with the Saint Paul Federal Credit Union Initials Jackpot.
Speaker 1: But mister z and Odyssey after this.
Speaker 4: Our iHeartRadio Music Festival presented by Capitol One.
Speaker 1: Who's Coming Back to the Lost Figures?
Speaker 4: September eighteenth and nineteen thirteen, Mabile Arena streaming live London.
Speaker 6: Summer Mystery Prizes from Mall of America have returned and we're giving them all the way all summer long. Stop by Kfan Events or finally cafean Street team out and about to get yours Redeem at Mall of America for exciting prizes and great deals. To the full events schedule at KFA dot com keyword Calendar.
Speaker 1: All right, let's dive in and because this movie is going to be gigantic, Hi, mister z, Hey guys, what's up?
Speaker 4: This has to be one of those weekends that you relish, because look, we talk a lot about when a movie comes out and it's like, well, it looks pretty good, but that looks like something I can just wait for, you know, to watch it at home on a streaming service. It doesn't look like it's a big screen kind of a situation. I don't have to see it in the theater. Now, this movie, the Odyssey, everybody is screaming the exact opposite, right that you have to see it in the theater.
Speaker 1: You have to see it in Imax.
Speaker 4: You have to see it on the biggest screen possible, as loud as possible. Tickets are selling like crazy, the reviews are unbelievable. Everybody's super jacked for Christopher Nolan's The Odyssey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, this is definitely a Cinema files movie because it's even in parts maybe where the movie is building to something or not not super exciting or whatever. It's He's done an amazing job of making a true epic film with everything being you know, it's it is a beautiful, beautifully shot movie. I don't know that if some some people have asked me, you know, I don't have an Imax near me, It's okay, it's totally trying to not see it in Imax. Imax has done a really good job of branding their theaters and there's some wonderful I mixes or some imxes that are just okay. But but yes, definitely see it on with with with your with your good sound on a big screen if and then I'll get into the movie itself, because the movie itself isn't a perfect movie. I mean there's some times that maybe maybe the first twenty minutes sometimes it can be a little slow in parts, but it's totally fine because it's so perfectly shot and perfectly acted.
Speaker 4: Is it is it appropriate for a twelve year old? Because I want to go, but I might have to drag the twelve year old with what what's the age range for this?
Speaker 1: I know it's rated R, but is it rated R? Go ahead?
Speaker 3: It's a good question of the age range the twelve year old. I think the content is fine for I mean, for a well adjusted twelve year old. I'm trying to think back it's a but the length is long, three hours, and so it has to be somebody who's willing to put in the time. And then there are some disturbing kind of scenes, but I don't think it's anything anything that's going to throw anyone off a twelve year old. But so for me, the biggest thing is you can't really bring it. It's not a popcorn movie. You bring the whole family to them, sit down and get your soada and your popcorn. Because some people are going to be a younger person might be super bored, especially if they're not familiar with the Odyssey at all, because that's kind of part of it, is appreciating what he did by bringing it to the big screen.
Speaker 4: Since this movie has been getting rave reviews, I see a lot of people on social media basically now doing their Christopher Nolan ranking and where does this one fall? Right following Memento, Insomnia, Batman Begins, Prestige, Dark Knight, Inception, Dark Knight Rises, Interstellar, Dunkirk, Tenant, Oppenheimer, The Odyssey, uh Ballpark.
Speaker 1: I didn't give you any heads up on this.
Speaker 4: Where do you put this in terms of his entire filmography for you personally?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 3: I did kind of put one together in my head. I think I posted one last night. I leaned towards I remember seeing Memento when I first came out and was like shake visibly shaken at how amazingly written that movie was, So I would say, so I kind of lean towards My top three are Inception, Memento, and Interstellar. And you know that's that's tough to break into that and and I don't think, for example, I don't have Oppenheimer in my top five. I believe I put Odyssey in at number five and and not that this is the hot take by number four? Is is Batman Begins rather than Dark Knight because I appreciate it, because I because I loved the origin story so much. So that's my top five. Is that this just slipped in after those four.
Speaker 1: Something I've seen in Zach, Maybe you can back me up. You're the youngest of this group.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of people on spec, especially on Instagram that'll do like a movie rankings or movie drafts or movie auctions, and they end up on my algorithm. And if you are in your twenties, it seems like Interstellar in that group might be the best.
Speaker 1: Movie ever made.
Speaker 7: Like that generation, that generation seems to be obsessed with Interstellar.
Speaker 1: Am I missing something, Zach or not? Or is that not you? I guess?
Speaker 6: I mean I remember watching, I remember liking I just I don't remember I don't remember hearing that hype. I guess, But I okay, I could be wrong. That could I could have. I mean that was rat maybe you're getting old.
Speaker 1: Well that kind of happened.
Speaker 6: That came out right when, like I mean in twenty fourteen, Yes, I mean I graduated in thirteen. So yeah, if you're going for the movies, if you're having you know, great, awesome fun young people time, and yeah, you're probably gonna remember it.
Speaker 1: The more young people tell young people time. No, I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's it's got this weird generational push though to be considered like one of the all time greats.
Speaker 5: It's fantastic. Yeah, I've heard that it's outstanding. Obviously.
Speaker 1: Are there awards coming for the Odyssey?
Speaker 4: Like, is there individual acting performances that are going to be discussed when it comes Academy Award time next year?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would assume. So it's funny because this stuff have You never know, things changed so much over time when a movie like First comes out and it gets a buzz and then there's there's going to be a backlash at some point, you know, and then well maybe it wasn't as good as everyone said it was. That's just how the media works. So as of right now, it would be there's no way you could say this isn't best director, best cinematography, Best Actor, best actress. Matt Damon, he everyone loves that Damon, but he pulls this off. Twenty years ago he said, Matt Davids be Odysseus. It would be like, that's a little silly. But with Anne Hathaway and Tom Holland and h and Matt Damon, John Byrne Tall, a couple other people that it's it's very Yeah, it's it would be hard to imagine it not sweeping.
Speaker 5: Mister z this might be a dumb question, but I'm good at that. Well, what'll make more money this or the New Spider Man?
Speaker 3: That's actually not a dumb question because it's but it's an easy, easy answer. It's not even going to be close. I was that Spider Man is going to be probably the biggest movie of the year. We're looking at possibly two hundred and twenty five million dollar opening weekend, maybe two hundred and fifty million dollars, whereas this one is looking at about one hundred and the difference being is that movies. But everything said with always wanting great movies and wanting all this stuff, movies for dollars Bucks off comes a down to families going out to movies on the weekend and bringing the kids, and a movie where everyone can go to, every kid, every adult. You need to have that big swing that catches, you know, a huge population that goes out to the movie. This will get every cinema for every grown up who loves movies. We'll go out to see Odyssey, but you're not gonna take the whole Grandma and Grandpa and Billy and Bobby and go to the theater, so it won't be close. But if you look at adults, you know, over twenty five Odyssey we'll probably have more than Spider Man.
Speaker 4: Do you think there's gonna be backlash or a course correction because of Mowanna's response, because this just did not go.
Speaker 1: The way I think Disney wanted it to go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes to no. Because six months before Malwana came out, everyone was in the industry it was like, this seems weird because it's too quick. It's too fast to be putting on a live Actionjuana. We just had wanted to all this. Everyone knew it, and so then when it comes out and it doesn't do well, when people no one was surprised was surprised. Maybe we were looking at like fifty to sixty million, and I did about forty five. So it wasn't really that disappointing for most people because we kind of knew it since the day they announced it, so yes and no that the back they knew, they knew what was coming to Disney did so yes, they're will be. But it wasn't simply because of the box office opening. It was because the they made a mistake. They decided to push through it and it didn't work. So all right, anything else, bigger backlash, Oh, I was a bigger backlash. Backlashes run because it's a negative connotation. The beer one is is what we saw with Obsession probably the biggest one, along with back rooms and stuff like that, where these little studios focused in a twenty four put up movies aimed at young people, the YouTube generation, and that making way more money than Mwana did and that'll that that's going to be the repercussions you'll see for a couple of years.
Speaker 1: Interesting. Thanks mister Z. Appreciate it, man, I take it of that. There you go, all right, you guys on the outyssee or not?
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't know. Maybe it's three hours. Man, I don't know if it's something i'd sit through, Like, uh, I don't really know. Like I know the story. It's about a guy trying to get home and then like, uh, there's a cyclops and there's bad weather and.
Speaker 1: People.
Speaker 5: I don't spoiler. I don't think i'll see it though, like i'd see it at home. I don't think i'd go see in the theater. He's here in the whole movie. Well, I think it's as somebody said, it can't be a spoiler.
Speaker 1: It's a six thousand year old story.
Speaker 7: If you haven't read the story, you've had a chance by now, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well it can be spoiled. How tell me the whole story. What happens?
Speaker 5: Okay, So there's this guy named Osidious, and Osidious is fighting the six hundred year old and he's like, I've had enough, I'm going to go back. And then he runs into all these troubles as his kingdom is going to be taken by somebody else who is a suitor for his lover. And I think he makes it back to his kingdom.
Speaker 1: So you've read it.
Speaker 5: No, I just regurgitated what Hawk said like a month ago when we asked him.
Speaker 1: Isn't that right? I don't know, but again I can speak on behalf of him. We all hate when you paraphrase me, but I think that's kind of what. No, he likes me, you hate me, he likes me, do it all. I think it's something you complete me. I appreciate that.
Speaker 5: But it's something about how they think he's dead, but then his kingdom or whatever is going to be taken over by a bunch of dudes that want to be the king. But his wife and son. Are you think the King Ralph with John Goodman? Great film?
Speaker 1: Great? You know who loved that movie?
Speaker 2: Fuck?
Speaker 4: He loved Darvy. Let's do what really matters. When we come back, we do scores and stats around the world of sports. We'll give you a open Championship leaderboard update initials at eight fifteen. John Kriesel, Dov Lambert, Kelsey Cook, John Krazinski, Chad Greenwady square off in quarterfinal number one.
Speaker 1: That's an eight fifteen power trip.
Speaker 4: Wanting to join the fan from the one eight hundred Ask Gary Traffic Center. This report is sponsored by GenZ Ryan Heating, Cooling, Plumbing, and Electrical.
Speaker 1: We have no accident, all right, Welcome back to the Power Tree Morning Show. Zach, you have some'th going to say, yeah real quick. For twenty five years you've listened. Now it's time to celebrate. Join the Power Trip in Las Vegas.
Speaker 6: November eighteenth of the twenty third for live shows, a Friday Night Bash and Purple Football at Circa. Book with promo code Powertrip for an exclusive roommate room rate, all thedetails at cafe dot com slash Vegas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're saying at Circa.
Speaker 4: Back in the day, for years and years and years and years, we would have a flight that was just for Powers Trip listeners. It was basically book this. We're all flying together. Now it's like, look, get to Vegas however you want. We're all staying at Circa. There's a promo code to saved some money. Come stay at Circa with us. But man, eighteenth through the twenty third, it's going to be super fun. Two live shows.
Speaker 1: What the nineteenth and the twentieth, right, nineteen twenty I think that's right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, man, Yeah, it's going to be the best downtown bangs too. For people that have primarily spent their time on the strip. I hope they enjoy downtown, especially if you When I play craps, I don't like playing. I want to play for a long time, so I don't want to play super high table limits or whatever.
Speaker 1: So we usually will go.
Speaker 7: Downtown and throw dice and it's the sauce.
Speaker 1: And what's the crown jewel of downtown.
Speaker 7: Circaps And it's not even not even you could put Circa on the strip, that would probably be the crown jewel. Yeah, yeah, well so outstanding. Not to mention the fact, like the story behind it. Derek Stevens obviously a very rich guy, but he's one of us. He gets it, loves to gamble, he's a guy's guy, and he designed this casino to be what he would want and he understands it and it doesn't miss the customer experience. There is one of the only places in Vegas where you're there and they treat you like they're happy that you're there.
Speaker 1: Well Sel said, yeah, it's awesome. I love every second of it.
Speaker 4: All right, let's do what really matters, scores and stats around the world of sports. In between sausol, change your life with something else. And it's brought to you by Ovo Lasig and Lens. Thanks Ovo, doctor Marklebanoff and doctor David Whiting go get lasick.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, man, I don't do it.
Speaker 5: I have ah what really matters that I it's one of those things that if I had to bet a lot of money that, you know.
Speaker 1: I think I would bet that. You know the answer to that, well, let's see.
Speaker 7: We'll see tomorrow in the World Cup France versus England the third place game at four o'clock in Miami. Don't care, man, Remember the other day we were like, why are they even doing this?
Speaker 1: Who cares about a third place game?
Speaker 4: Somebody on Twitter said, there's a significant amount of money attached to this game, so it benefits the two countries to continue because there's some kind of a payout, much like a bowl game, right, we go to a bowl game, it's like money gets dispersed.
Speaker 1: So it's I guess that's the case.
Speaker 4: If that's not the case, then I blame the guy on Twitter for misleading me.
Speaker 1: But apparently that's what it is. Is Well, it makes sense. There's TV worldwide, there's tickets to sell. I get it. I don't know. Especially you don't want to get hurt.
Speaker 4: If you're a big time player, you do not third place game tomorrow, France versus England. Anybody's heering for anybody specifically, or nobody cares.
Speaker 1: It's soccer who cares?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 4: It's also third place, right. I think the world has been awesome, but tomorrow is not going to do much for me.
Speaker 5: What really matters is this, after Steve Carrell left the office, who was reportedly offered the role in and turned it down, he knows this to be the next full time like.
Speaker 1: Uhh hmmm, Oh you don't know. I'm surprised. I thought he'd know. Yeah, oh I don't know. I doubt do they give Will Ferrell the full ask? I don't know.
Speaker 5: James Gandolfini what, Yeah, according to this, yeah, he was offered it and turned it down.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he would have been He would have been good.
Speaker 1: At it though. Yeah.
Speaker 7: He's very funny in a in a strange way.
Speaker 5: You've ever seen those videos of him behind the scenes getting pumped up to play Tony soprano and e went ace to get into it.
Speaker 1: It's funny and you would have lost a lot of money. Yeah, I thought.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I ever knew that. Yeah, I don't think so. It doesn't sound familiar. Well again, repeat take. But we've been on the show on the air almost twenty five years. It's hard to not repeat your own takes. Once in a while, The Office has an episode in season eight or nine, don't remember which one, doesn't matter, and it's the rare opportunity to see what could have been when Bob Odenkirk plays an office manager for one episode and Pam is interviewing to be like a I don't know a worker there, just.
Speaker 1: To kind of.
Speaker 4: Find a job I think in Philadelphia or something, if I remember right, And Odin Kirk tried out to be Michael Scott, right, he was one of the ones who auditioned to be the lead.
Speaker 1: Didn't get it. Steve Krell got it.
Speaker 7: And you watched what the show would have felt like for thirty minutes with Odenkirk, and they kind of made him be an exaggerated version of Michael Scott, which is what he auditioned for.
Speaker 1: And it was awesome. Yeah, it was so good Odenkirk's It definitely would have worked with Odin Kirk. Yeah, that's sweet that they did that. And you still haven't watched Better Call Saw. I know, I've believed.
Speaker 4: Watching The Hawk, well, I know and why? And is it how do you say her first name is it Ree?
Speaker 1: I think so Seahorn.
Speaker 4: She's ridiculously good at it, and she's the lead in Pluribis and it's also a Vancy Galligan show, and she's fantastic. Pluribis was one of the best shows in the last twelve months. It's up for all the awards, deservedly so. And everybody that watched Better Call Saul said, if you think she's good in Pluribus, you should see her in Better Call Saul.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I know, I know, you really should.
Speaker 7: It's it's a crime that you haven't seen it as much as you love Breaking Bad. It is so good and the Talians are clever. I mean I say this to you probably every two three months. On the show you Got It. I went to my list. I know a lot of the ones you guys told me to watch.
Speaker 1: You're right, yeh man, Watch it, dude.
Speaker 7: And you'll say I should have done this a long time ago.
Speaker 4: I really should have, because I love that whole universe. I love Odin Kirk. She's a fantastic actress.
Speaker 1: She's very good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it is egregious. I'm not disagreeing with you, but what really matters is it my term? The championship game is on Sunday, Spain versus Argentina for the title at two o'clock in New Jersey. Argentina the defending champ they beat France in twenty twenty two. Spain last won and only one in twenty ten when they beat the Netherlands. But Argentina going for title number four because they also.
Speaker 1: Won in seventy eight and in eighty six.
Speaker 4: So either the fourth title for Argentina or the second title for Spain. What really matters, though, is this what is.
Speaker 5: The oldest continuous sporting event in the USA, the Kentucky Derby.
Speaker 1: You are correct, Well done, Zacho. Good guess yep? Yeap? Did you bring it up?
Speaker 4: Because is the British Open essentially one of the oldest I would guess so, man, I mean it's one hundred and fifty fourth Open Championship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Herbert is in a green side.
Speaker 4: I've got to get up and down for part one of those good start collapsing. I mean he was going to, but we'll start now though I don't want him to wait until Saturday or Sunday.
Speaker 1: We need more cow to have a nine shot lead by Sunday. Do not need that? What are you talking about? You need to win any more money? Sure?
Speaker 7: I do.
Speaker 5: Nope, He's always unused for saying Wyndham Clark. Who Wendell Clark? Again, I didn't know who he was.
Speaker 1: There is growing possibility.
Speaker 4: We talked briefly about this with Ben liber Yoes today, But now there's like two or three more stories popping up that the Aaron Donald thing looks like it's actually going to happen. In fact, that is the word or phrasing quotes is quote real possibility that people around the Rams are saying, this is a real possibility. It's not just hey, wouldn't it be cool if Miles Garrett and Aaron Donald were on the same team.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't that be an unbelievable line?
Speaker 4: And then a couple of days ago he shows up at the RAMS facility just to kind of feel it out. And now it sounds like it's trending the right way. If you're a Rams fan, he might come out of retirement.
Speaker 7: I was watching Good Morning Football the other day and Jared Verse was on there and they were talking to him about it, and he said that two years is a big obviously a huge layoff from playing professional football, he said, But if there is a guy, and he's obviously worked out with him, and I believe recently he said, if there is a guy that could come back and be amazing again.
Speaker 1: It would be him.
Speaker 7: But he did say I could consider him retired until proven otherwise. I don't know that's a risk because he does have a tremendous legacy just physically one of the best interior defensive linemen we'll ever see, I think, And now coming back, he's not going to be that same guy.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's possible.
Speaker 7: But if he's close to that good again, this RAMS team was already the team to beat, but even just to rotate in if he's not playing three downs, how.
Speaker 1: About starting the Hall of Fame clock all over again? Right? Yeah? Five year wait?
Speaker 5: Is Kelvin so dumb? Is Calvin Johnson the youngest Hall of Famer? Because didn't he retire at like thirty and got in at like thirty five?
Speaker 7: Would be yeah? So or it? When did Barry Sanders retire? That's a good point. Yeah, it's one of those, but one of those two.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I mean, it'll be interesting because he's thirty five years old, like he hasn't played in two years. But man, when he's on fire, he's tough to block.
Speaker 4: He's so good. But what really matters is this A group of owls is called a what we've.
Speaker 1: Done this before?
Speaker 4: Oh I'm sorry, No, I'm just mad at myself for retaining it. I think if you tell me what it starts with, I can get it.
Speaker 5: It's one of my favorite cigarette brands.
Speaker 4: Parliament, you are correct, see.
Speaker 1: You know me?
Speaker 5: How about this one? This is one where if you stat or hawksit, I go, come on. But it's on this website, so I believe it. The winds of the winds on Neptune can reach up to twelve hundred miles an hour.
Speaker 1: Greasy. That is greasy.
Speaker 4: And you're saying you don't believe that. No, I believe it because it's right here I'm reading.
Speaker 7: Gail Sayers. Sayers, by the way, is the youngest. He was inducted at thirty four years old than Luke Keiglee thirty five, Jim Brown thirty five, Calvin Johnson.
Speaker 1: Thirty five, So only she's five. Barry was thirty six.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Interesting, Yeah, good for all of them. I'm proud of them.
Speaker 4: Your British Open Slash Open leader board looks like this.
Speaker 1: Herbert is still minus eight.
Speaker 4: He's through thirteen, but like you guys said, he's in a little bit of trouble. Something called super is it minus six and he has done for the day shot of sixty nine Zachary Nice and then at minus five something called cooty and then Colin Morikawa.
Speaker 7: I thought Cooty wasn't real, brilliant, thank you that. So Herbert, here's Herbert. Herbert is shooting four. He's out of a bunker, so he needs to get up and down for not a lot of sauce. He fell down. His caddy is Santa Claus.
Speaker 1: I doubt it.
Speaker 7: Just wait, that's a ridiculous shot from there, right god, So he just he put it about what Santa boom looks like Letterman getting some steps in so he's ready for the holiday season. So it looks he's gonna tap in for par that's a really good shot at minus eight.
Speaker 4: A man, here's Hawksky, cam young and a long unbelievable and he's locked in. Today is minus one, but he's had a couple of putts that this could have been way worse.
Speaker 1: But he's long. That was the waterhole? Right did he go into or he did and scrambled? I don't know. Yeah, it was a long par He's great, man, I love cam Young.
Speaker 4: What really matters, though, is this, what is the closest US state to Africa?
Speaker 6: Probably North Carolina.
Speaker 7: Don't the I mean, wow question Florida, But that seems too obvious.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't be this, don't. Let's go Maine. You are correct, Corey, because no idea just as Main is the closest US state to Africa, probably would go over the top. Then the North Bowl. I don't know.
Speaker 6: Well, no, because the Africa is in the southern hemisphere.
Speaker 1: Maybe Maine's just that far east. I guess that. Yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 6: Crazy, Yeah, Earth Morocco is people forget about Morocco.
Speaker 1: Don't sleep on Morocco. Makes sense now that I look at a map that helps look at all the things we are learning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, what from this segment do you think you're going to retain the most The Parliament thing, the James Gandalfini thing, the African main thing.
Speaker 1: The African main thing.
Speaker 7: That's one of those weird, quirky things that will be important in trivia someday.
Speaker 1: Twelve hundred mile per hour winds on Neptune.
Speaker 7: Yeah, like one of the When I went to Lake Tahoe a few years back, I remember someone there saying or seeing a sign that said that we are further west.
Speaker 1: Than Los Angeles.
Speaker 7: Go west, which, of course you look at them up you're like, that makes sense, But when you're standing there, you're.
Speaker 1: Like, wait a minute.
Speaker 7: Los Angeles is on the coast. We're a long ways from the coast. Mind blowing.
Speaker 4: Science man, nature facts, SyES, science man. All right, we'll come back, We'll do the news. Kelsey Cooks should be hearing about thirty minutes Greenway in a little bit as well. Dov Later, Johnny Athletic creesel the highest seat in quarter final number one.
Speaker 1: But we'll see if he can get it done at eight fifteen and one.
Speaker 4: If he gets a crack at one hundred and twenty thousand dollars with the initials Jackpot thinks to Saint Paul Federal Credit Union.
Speaker 1: This is the power Trim Morning Joe on the Fan from the one eight hundred ASK Gary Traffic Center. This report is sponsored by the Minnesota Department of Public Safety.