Speaker 1: Day, there's Radio seven hundred WLW Mike Allen and Saturday Midday on a kind of a yucky but halfway warm Saturday morning. Boy, they're getting hit on both coasts with the weather. So we escape that at least hope you all had a good Christmas. I did. I am happy to say that God blessed me with a grandchild. A couple of weeks ago. Got a little granddaughter and it was fun to be with her sometime part of the whole Christmas thing. So I think Christmas is going to be fun again. I've kind of got a thing that Christmas is fun when you're a kid. Obviously, it's fun when you have kids, and then it becomes fun again when you have grandkids. So I'm in for some good stuff. I think, speaking about good stuff, some not so good stuff. In Minnesota, I'll tell you the hits just keep oncommon with that place. Some of it, although it's obviously very serious, is actually comical, and I've got a couple of them we're going to talk about today, but I wanted to let you know first. At ten o'clock, Janis Heisel of the Epoch Times. She is on this story, I believe, and others too, more than any other national journalists so far she's got. She did a twenty page article, very comprehensive, and we're gonna be talking to Janis at ten and at eleven o'clock we're going to talk to FOP President Ken Kober about what's going on with CPD, what we can look for. And I want to ask him too what the status is for the witch hunt. And it is a witch hunt of Chief Fiji. So we'll talk to him at eleven o'clock. In between those times seven four nine, seven thousand, one, eight hundred, the big one are the numbers. If you want to be a part, Okay, let's lead it off here. Article in Fox News Minnesota Senate candidate and by the way, this Senate candidate also happens to be the lieutenant governor of the state of Minnesota. Minnesota Senate candidate wears Hajib in visit to Somali market as fraud scandal unfolds. Minnesota Lieutenant governor and US Senate candidate Peggy Flanagan was seen on Somali TV station. I guess we have those here now. Well, isn't that great? Wearing Ah Hajib at a mall as widespread fraud. The scandal implicating some Somalis plagues the state. Now they wrote, some Somalis. I've seen figures of the people that either have pled or are charged or who are suspects. About ninety percent Somali.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: The hajib is kind of that scarf looking thing that sometimes Muslim women wear. Wearing a hajib is it's typically a sign of obedience to God. Quote and worn to show modesty. Flan again, this Lieutenant governor. She is a Catholic. She said that publicly and on her campaign website is quote her view on immigration is grounded in her Catholic faith. Really okay, her far left views and it's just not this incident, it's something else. Also prompted her to wear a are you ready this will be a big surprise to you, protect protect trans kids shirt with a knife on it. I don't know what that means. In August, she did that in a viral video, telling parents and I'm going to quote here, when our children tell us who they are, it's our job as grown ups to listen and believe them. Close quote so translated what she's saying, what you mom and dad want for your child, doesn't matter. Doesn't matter, the child will make the decision. You got to be twenty one to buy beer, you know. And they want these libs want the government to make the decision on these trans things, not the parents. It's just upside down. Well Walsh got involved in it too. He's quoted as saying, the programs are set up to move the money to people. The programs are set up to improve people's lives, and in many cases, the criminals find loopholes. Really you just find an add out. But anyway, he set up a new anti fraud task force. A little laid on that governor. The message here in Minnesota, this is from the governor again, and this is laughable. The message here in Minnesota is if you commit a crime, if you commit fraud against public dollars, you are going to go to prison. Close quote. You know, once again a little late on the draw there, Governor. Where were you in the last three or four years when apparently a lot of people knew about this but they just weren't coming forward. I tell you what, if that guy doesn't get indicted, I think something's wrong. There are criminal statutes and I'm not gonna say I know Minnesota law, but there are criminal statutes that are based on negligence, and some of them gross negligence. And this is negligence of the highest sort. While you and I pay our tax dollars, and make no mistake about it, this stuff is our money because at the root of it is almost all of it is federal money. And guess who pays into that. That's you and I. It's just I tell you what. For talk show host, it doesn't get any better, and this one's it's not going to go away soon. Donald Trump weighed in on this, as only he can quote. I guess this was on truth social quote from Trump. Send them back to where they came from. It's over. I'll tell you what. Harsh words, hard words, but by God, in my opinion, accurate words. You know what, we don't have to like everybody. We don't. You got a group of people who, so far, it looks like about or ninety percent responsible for what's going on. We don't have to like those people. We don't have to wear hajeeves. You know, we don't have to fear being called an islamophobe. I don't know. We're just gonna have to see where this is going, but it's going to be a manna from heaven for people like me along those lines. This one I keep saying, you won't believe it. I gotta stop doing that because once you see one thing, the next day, usually something else happens. Okay, The third ranking leader in the House of Representatives, who happens to hail from Minnesota, demanded answers from Governor Tim Watz after a YouTuber tried to confront employees of an alleged daycare center get Ready for This that had misspelled signage and no signs of activity outside, but reportedly received four million dollars in state funds. Got a brief audio of it, obviously not video. It just to kind of give you a feel for this. Could you play that, lamb? Please? Just wanted to put my son Joey.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: Is this your daycare center? No, that's not what's helping. I just wanted to put a child in daycare. By all the daycare centers seem to be closed. No one's opening the doors.
Speaker 4: Your work here?
Speaker 1: Ohs yeah, what's helping?
Speaker 5: Where are the kids? Sends its license for seventy four children right here? State of Minnesota? Where are the kids? They got paid one point two six million dollars. In fisted Your twenty twenty five it says the have a capacity for seventy four children.
Speaker 1: When when where are the kids?
Speaker 6: Right here?
Speaker 5: State of Minnesota website. You work here and you don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I was dead before. I don't know what was going to going on.
Speaker 5: Were there any kids when you worked here?
Speaker 1: He's dead, he's there with so many I don't know.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know how many kids are there. I don't know your tax dollars at work, folks. This thing is just incredible. Just to kind of set the ground on this, I think you get it based upon what you hear. This guy, Nick Shirley, he's some YouTuber, not real sure what the definition of that is, but he's doing a good thing here, doing a public service. Shows up at this learning center, and if you look at the video of it, you can see it plain as day, A big old sign in front of the learning center that is spelled. They spell it Leering center. So the learning center is a leering L E A R I n G. It was spelled. It's an alleged daycare center. They got four million bucks. I mean, it just it keeps getting worse and worse, and the dollar amount keeps going up. Four million dollars of hard earned tax dollars. This is the Republican House majority whip in the believe Minnesota Senate or House. He says, four million bucks of hardered tax dollars going to an education center that can't even spell correctly. Care to explain this one, Tim Waltz. That's what this guy Tom Emmer, and he's kind of leading the charge on this thing. That's what he wrote on X. It keeps growing, it keeps growing, and we've not heard the last of this. I mean, it's going to keep bu to be the gift that keeps on giving. But at the end of the day, it's just sad. I swear to God, all this stuff going on in Minnesota is not that big of a state. I mean, it really isn't. And nobody knew. I know people knew. I know the mainstream media knew about it based upon what I've read. Of course, the mainstream media didn't do anything about it because they were afraid of the R word. If they covered it, they would be racist. And these elected officials in Minnesota are so beholden to the Somali community, they just shrugged their shoulders and let it go. That is negligence of the worst kind, and possibly worse than that. Somebody in the upper echelon's not the lower stream guys of Minnesota government has to go to prison for this because it's just it's unprecedented, and it's a joke. It really is. It's the worst financial scandal in this country's history. Well, Jimmy Kimmel, that's a name. You probably thought you weren't going to hear the news too much anymore. He got his ears pinned back to him. Just recently he went to the UK. It just says UK. I'm assuming that it's London or somewhere in Great Britain. He is facing renewed backlash following his decision to criticize the United States during an address to the United Kingdom that aired on Christmas Day. Real Clear Politics co founder Tom Bevan dismissed Kimmel's remarks as contradictory and called like this and called the late night host insufferable, which, of course he is. Kimmel was elected to deliver Channel four his annual alternative Christmas Message, a long standing counterprogram speech that airs opposite the BBC's traditional Royal Christmas. So, you know, fly over to Great Britain, Okay, have a little fun over there, then go on national International UK television and criticize your country. You know, there used to be an unwritten rule for politicians and really anybody that if you went to another country, you didn't criticize your own country. If you wanted to do that, you did it at home. But of course, with today's breed of liberals, that's not the thing anymore. Anyway. During the speech, the late night hosts repeatedly took aim at President Trump, claiming that quote tyranny is booming over here close quote in the US, he booming over here in the US. He also apologized on behalf of us, our country, telling the audience, I'm gonna say this. You might not believe this one, telling the audience quote, this is the a hole Jimmy Kimmel quote. We are not bright, we're Americans. Wow, what a way to go. You know, I got an idea, you whatever, Why don't you stay over there? Why don't you stay over there? If we're not bright, why would you want to come back? You know, you're the one that's not too bright, Jimmy Kimmel. This guy is just you thought he would have his come up, but he didn't. And it's a shame, it really is. We are not bright, We're Americans. That's what he thinks about you and I. And he's still on the air anyway. The guy from Real Clear Politics and Real Clear Politics I've found to be pretty pretty much down the line, maybe lean a little bit left. He said. Kimmel's claims don't man, that's right about this. Listen to this is logic here. Bevan said, Kimmel's claims don't make sense given the host meaning Kimmel continued presence on television, calling him among the most insufferable trumpeters in America. There's a real contradiction there. If tyranny is booming, how can his show be doing so well? That's what mister Bevan asked. I don't know that it's doing so well. I haven't seen any ratings since he went back on the air. My sense is it's probably not doing too well. You know, whatever cable system I have at my house, one of the channels gets the old Johnny Carson shows, and you know what if I'm not doing anything and it's on, I'll watch it. What a difference between him and this new breed of late night talk show hosts. There's no comparison. Carson, if he ever did politics, he made sure that he did both sides. You know, think about it. For those of you in my age group, you don't know, and you really couldn't tell what Johnny Carson's politics were. And that's the way it is supposed to be. Then you got the buffoon David Letterman. I don't know if you've seen him lately. I think he thinks he's Santa Claus. He's always always sticking it to Trump, always criticizing his country. Don't know that he's doing it in someone else's country. But late night television used to be a big deal, used to be something that maybe you'd want to stay up to eleven thirty four. Not anymore. And that's just not me, that's the people speaking. Here's he says this. If again, this is Kimmel, No, I'm sorry, this is mister Bevan. If you know Tyranny is so If you know tyranny is so great in the US, why does Jimmy Kimmel get to go on the air every single night and bash the resident of the United States. That seems like a free America. Close quote, and he's absolutely right. There's a guy named Paul D. Thacker. The only thing I could find out about him, he's an investigative journalist and he wrote on X a couple of days ago, the British establishment chose Jimmy Kimmel to speak out against fascism and in favor of free speech. This is the same government that only recently arrested comedian Graham Lenihan. And that's a whole different ballgame there. Boy, I'll tell you what the UK, in specifically Great Britain, free speeches is going out the damn window. I mean, it's like King George has come back. It's very very concerning. At any rate, let me just it's just a sentence. I want to read it again. The British establishment chose Jimmy Kimmel to speak out against fascism and in favor of free speech. This is this government that only recently arrested Graham Linehan. Everything is upside down in England. And the funny I love this the closing and the funniest joke is Jimmy Kimmel. So you know, if you thought he went away and stuck his head in the ground, you're wrong. But guess what, I don't think it makes a dimes worth of difference because nobody's watching that crap anymore. Late night television has just ruined itself. I think a guy that a woman, even whatever, who was funny, kind of a Johnny Carson type, who got a show like that and stayed out of politics or gave it to both sides. I bet you that could be pretty successful. But hey, that's just me. Anyway, we have to take a break for the news, but we'll be back. The phone numbers are seven four nine, seven thousand, won eight hundred. The big one Mike Allen Saturday Midday, Mike Allen Saturday Midday. You know, talking to Minnesota, and I've been talking about it all week. I've been in for us Sloaning three or four days last week. Now I'm going to, by the way, I'm going to be in for him all week this week, nine to noon. But it's the big topic among talk show hosts and really people that are concerned about what's going on and are interested in these things just for the heck of it. I googled most liberal state in the country and this thing came up from a group called World Population Review. So, being the responsible talk show hosts that I am, I looked into them. World Population Review is an independent data driven website providing accessible tools population statistics, demographics, blah blah blah blah blah. It seems to be pretty straight up. But I don't know much about them, but at any rate, it might surprise you. I thought for sure, I thought for sure Minnesota would come up. It did, but only at eighteen. So according to this outfit, the most liberal state in the Union is Massachusetts. Doesn't surprise me too much. You got Minnesota at eighteen. Where do you think Ohio fell? They fell at about thirty eight. They're the thirty eighth most liberal state in the country according to this group, and that's about right. And the fiftieth and I'm going to start looking for apartments there. Tomorrow is Alabama. So that's kind of their take on what's going on. But I'm going to ask Janis about this. Janis Heisel, she will be on at ten o'clock and we've talked about this before with her. There's a saying out there it's called Minnesota nice. And you know, the description I think kind of gives the kind of tent that everybody's nice in Minnesota. I don't know that's the case. But they're open minded about things, I guess, and they're welcoming of things different. Okay, I'm not that way, but I get it. I get it. But what I don't get is, and I'll ask her this too, what I don't get is how these citizens aren't howling. I mean, some of them are, but sure doesn't seem like many. I mean, you think about you know, what I'd like for somebody to do, probably wouldn't be that hard given everything we have now, which you can do, as statistics is per person in the United States of America, per citizen. I should say what this whole mess so far in Minnesota has cost the average taxpayer. I don't know what it would be yet, but probably a better idea if you're going to do that, to do it, to do it after it's all settled. And I'm telling you that's not going to be for a long long time. Unfortunately, Moving right along here since apparently nobody wants to talk this morning, Ice and this is from Newsmax. I don't know if y'all look at Newsmax very much. You know, really, I don't, but when I because I just think Fox News predominates over everything. It's pretty good though. It HiT's some good stuff, good ip eds. Anyway, they published an article the day after Christmas yesterday Ice. This is a report from ICE. Seventy percent arrested, meaning illegal aliens had criminal ties seventy percent. Now that kind of flies in the face what the mainstream media and the lefties are saying with respect to who ICE is getting, because Donald Trump did say the first priority is getting the worst of the worst. However, Okay, when you're looking for the of the worst, if you come across someone who trespassed into our country, which you know, guess what Looney left, that is a crime. You are violating the law when you do that. So they picked them up too. It would be uh, it would be negligent if they didn't. But here's just a couple of paragraphs of what this Newsmax article. There's a lot of good stuff in here. It's by Charlie McCarthy. Roughly seventy percent of illegal migrants. I don't know why they call it that. I'm going to change it here, roughly seventy percent of illegal immigrants, because migrant to me has a connotation of legal arrested by US Immigration and Customs Enforcement ICE under the second Trump administration reportedly had been convicted or faced charges for criminal offenses. That's not just in the United States, it's also criminal charges in the states where these people came from. Goes on to say. New data provided to the Washington Examiner. Boy, that's another good paper shows Trump administration arrested about five hundred and ninety five thousand illegal immigrants between January twentieth, when he was sworn in, and December eleventh, just a couple of weeks ago. And that is according to the Department of Homeland Security. You know, I was put out a thing saying that roughly seventy percent, like I said, which is, I guess four hundred and sixteen thousand had and I'm quoting from ICE had quote criminal convictions or pending criminal charges in the United States, underscoring President Donald Trump's promise to prioritize the worst of the worst in immigration enforcement. He is doing that. But what he's not doing, and ICE is not doing through the President is just letting someone go like Biden did. Well, he didn't even try to get him. They're still going to be held for what they did, and that's trespassed into our country. So you got a lot of things going on with that. This article goes on to say that ICE is going to get a whereas it one hundred and seventy billion dollars in additional funds in the fiscal year I believe twenty twenty six or twenty twenty seven, one hundred and seventy billion bucks. You know, you can hire a lot of ICE officers with that, which again shows the administration's dedication to responsibility and enforcing the border. Tom Homan was on the TV not too long ago, and he said he went up in a helicopter, flew around, didn't see anybody sneaking in, got on a four wheeler, drove around, didn't see anybody sneaking in. So it's working. Personally, I wish they were getting more than they are, but it sounds like things are happening. We got some calls here. Let me talk to Let's see, let me talk to Jesse. This one might be good. Hey Jesse, how you doing.
Speaker 7: Hi, Mike, This is Jesse from Indiana.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you for taking my call.
Speaker 7: I've listened to you. I've listened to you a few times this week, and you keep referring to what's happening in Minnesota as negligence.
Speaker 1: Now, it's at its easiest, it's negligence. At least, it's negligence. That's kind of what I'm saying, Jesse. I probably didn't make that clear enough.
Speaker 7: Well, just I mean, I could be negligent all day long, and that million dollars is not going to follow my lap, right, this was this was a criminal action.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, you know again, I don't think I was clear. I'm talking about the elected officials. Uh, the elected officials who are supposed to be policing that this thing, unless some of them are cramming cash into their pockets, which is well, then it's Katie bar the door man. The federal statute is very hard on elected officials who take money. I mean, you're talking about twenty thirty, forty years, so that's kind of what I meant by it. I should be a little more clear, though, I preceied you let me know. Thanks, Michael, Okay, thank you. Yeah, negligence is at the bottom, and there are criminal statutes based upon negligence in Ohio, it's purposely recklessly or purposely knowingly recklessly and negligently. And for the elected officials, if they're stealing money or there's something more serious than just gross not looking at things like they should, then I think the Crowbar Hotel would be a good place for them. And you know, we haven't heard anything about that so far, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happens. Okay, let's see, let's talk to Jerry. He's all the way up in Mercer County. Hey, Jerry, how you doing.
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 8: You talked about fraud touring them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's the that's the new coin phrase that they've coined.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: On Laura Ingram Show, they had emails from Smalli's in Minnesota emailing to some only men in Philadelphia and on the email said that they should come here. They got programs here, you can make a lot of money.
Speaker 1: Yep, I heard that too. I'll tell you what it's.
Speaker 8: They took fourteen and a half million dollars, bought bitcoins with it, and fled the country.
Speaker 1: Bitcoins great. Yeah, And you know what, as I said before, Jerry, I truly believe this is a tip of the iceberg on this thing. It really is.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: I've had collars the last three weeks from Columbus saying, of course Columbus has a pretty large uh Somali population. I don't think nothing like Minnesota. But the word is up there, something's coming up there. I haven't heard anything personally, but just stand by.
Speaker 8: I didn't hear anything about the Eboch time. Yes, you know, I'll ask.
Speaker 1: Her about it. Uh, well, I'll tell you what she is on. And she's coming up right next. She's on this like White on rice. I mean, again, very very in depth reporting. But this thing's going to continue unfold throughout the year and probably beyond.
Speaker 7: Okay, thanks Jerry, bye bye.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, at a minimum, at a minimum minimum, it's negligence with respect to the elected officials. Uh, if they're taking money or favors or something like that, that's a whole nother ballgame. Hey, let's talk to ye in Xenia. Hey, good morning, Jeff, Hey.
Speaker 3: Good morning, my great show. That just one.
Speaker 9: It also too is because I sent actually a email to Janis about because when I used to live up in Maine, they had a large, small population up there, and I said, you ought to really look into it up there, because I have no doubt that, you know, the information travels very quickly when there's easy money on tap, and main Main's about as accurate as UH Minnesota is. So I wouldn't be surprised if they got some funny business going on up there. But I was just wondering, you know, with all this stuff in the news and supposedly how big this basically fraud is going to get. I am sure that it's a probable USA wide. I mean it's Minnesota is.
Speaker 10: A prime example, but you know, it's things like that. When people find out that opportunities are there, I think they take advantage of them.
Speaker 1: No question, no questions. And that speaks to the whole uh tourism thing, you know what they're saying, it's a new tourism thing to get people to come. Hey, everything's easier, you can steal money, come on to Minnesota. I mean, that's what you.
Speaker 9: Got exactly, And I think there's plenty of people out there that take advantage of it. And you know, these politicians when they get these donations, which I really call bribery for the most part, that it's it's it's there, and they will look the other way because I'm sure nowadays they have so many either back doors, offshore locations or the donations however they do it anonymously or everything else because you know, and it's it's really going to be a sad state of affairs because the money's gone.
Speaker 3: You know, it's not coming back.
Speaker 10: And the politicians can say, well, I didn't know, or you know, I'm going to give the money back that was donated to women. You took it in the first place, you know, that was that was the first crime.
Speaker 9: But the thing is, you know, it's just like Hillary when she had all the money from the Clinton Foundation and destroying the hard drives things like that.
Speaker 3: Whatever happened. Nothing.
Speaker 1: Now that's the biggest uh hornet's nest of corruption. I think there is the Clinton Foundation, but there are some There are some politicians if they take money from a group and truly don't know that this group is not a group they should be taking money from. I've seen it to where they have either given it back, well, they wouldn't give it back because they don't want to further the purpose of the group, but given it to charities. That happens. But not all that frequently.
Speaker 9: That's true, but that you know, I think the it's it's usually okay, some of these politicians that get a couple of million dollars, okay, so they've done it, you know, twenty thirty forty thousand dollars to a charity. You know, that is you know, it doesn't even come close in comparison of how much money they pretty much got, you know, by illicit means or otherwise. And they seem to be able to hide it extremely well because just like all these groups that are supported by Soros, you know, no man, yeah, easily found out. But you know how many times in the newspaper or on the news, even in Fox that you read that, okay, this politician got x amount from the Soros group, you know, and it's it's, it's all.
Speaker 10: They got it very well covered up a lot, and I think I think there is so much widespread corruption I think in a lot of areas throughout the United States that you know, we could reduce our deficit traumatic dramatically if we would just go after some of these people and make it and make examples of them, because you know that if any Republican gets ever caught they're purp walked in front of the cameras.
Speaker 1: They're purp.
Speaker 10: They know that they're going to be breaking into their house, or they're there on the news. CNN's right there on the spot. But all these other politicians, when you have democratic leanings, just nothing ever really happens that I've seen.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this, Jeff. You've obviously looked at this problem and or paying attention to it. Do you, in your heart of hearts think that somewhere in this whole damn thing, there's some politician elected officials somewhere shoving cash in his pocket. Do you believe that?
Speaker 3: Obviously?
Speaker 9: I mean, well, it's like what I would love to see.
Speaker 10: You know, they keep bringing up Pelosi's name and the four hundred million cheese work, you know, of earning two hundred thousand a year, and she leaves forty years later a four hundred million in her pocket. You know, as well as many other politicians on both sides have done this. You know, they were supposed to pass the law that that was going to be taken care of, and they never really did. It's still going on. You know, why can't you know they come to a consensus because Obviously we're the ones that elect these people. Why can't they come to a consensus, say, you know what, this is illegal and if you get caught doing it, there's gonna be serious ramifications because they need to do something.
Speaker 1: That's what it should be. Hey, I'm bumping up against the news.
Speaker 3: But hey, thanks a lot, Mike.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, thank you, great call. Yeah, you know, I don't know. I mean I kind of thought maybe they weren't shoving the dough in their pocket, but maybe they are. Hey, we do have to take a break for the news, but when we get back, we are going to talk to James about the whole rotten hornes. It's nest in Minnesota. But I did want to say, if you are holding up to get on the air, I got an open line deal ten thirty to eleven and eleven thirty to twelve, So just keep that in mind. Mike Allen Saturday midday, Well, I'll tell you what abeat goes on in Minnesota. With this fraud that they've uncovered out there. It seems to me like the thought is there at least at nine billion dollars and probably headed for quite a bit more. Janis Heisel of The Epoch Times has been on this story like white on Rice in my opinion and in Newt Gingrich's opinion as well. She is the national reporter that's covering this thing the most thoroughly, and she filed three stories this week. One a very very comprehensive story. If you're interested, and you haven't you haven't read any of her stuff yet. This one is how Minnesota Minnesota nice, and Janis is gonna explain that how Minnesota nice progressive policy's paved the way for Somali fraud. Janie, thanks so much for joining us this morning.
Speaker 11: Well, thank you, well, An, I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Up are very Christmas I mean, Merry Christmas to you too. I'll tell you what. This story goes twenty three pages, and it is I mean, it's got everything in it. And as I said, I think the plot just thickens, doesn't it.
Speaker 11: Oh, it's hard to even know where to start in some ways.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, Yeah, what's the new? What did you find out since we last talked. I know, the fraud is just it just keeps going up and up and up. But just kind of some of the major points that you have discovered recently.
Speaker 11: Well, you know, It's almost like one of those soap operas that people were addicted to back in the day when we last left our you know, our bad guy. Here's what was going on. And the latest thing that happened was just a couple of days ago, Kelly Loffler, who is the head of the Small Business Administration, wrote a letter to Tim Wallash telling him that she's cutting off five point five million dollars. Now, that sounds like a drop in the bucket, and when you compare it to nine billion dollars, but it is, you know, a chunk of money that you know, she's saying, Look, you're not going to get this money because Minnesota cannot be trusted to safeguard these taxpayer dollars. So that's the start, and there's also quite a few efforts to try to claw back some of the money from the people who have already been convicted.
Speaker 1: But Mike, as you know as a.
Speaker 11: Former prosecutor, the forfeiture process is not a flick the switch and you've got the money.
Speaker 4: It takes a while.
Speaker 1: It takes a while if it happens at all, and if people in Minnesota are counting on restitution to make the taxpayers hole I'm telling you right now, it ain't gonna happen, and it's not even gonna come close. In your story that I talked about in the intro Minnesota Nice Progressive Policies at page four, I just want to read one paragraph here because it's just incredible. You talk to a guy named Ed, just a normal citizen, I guess, and he said, this is Ed. There's a willingness to help everybody without any consequences. And then you write, this attitude made the state a beacon for progressives. It also manifested in generous welfare benefits. Here it is in twenty twenty three, those programs that you've described previously doled out forty six thousand dollars for each person in poverty in Minnesota, which is the nation's second highest amount, behind only Massachusetts. When I saw that forty six thousand buck figure, I mean, you know, ibou lost it, and that's forty six thousand probably most of our money, national money from all over the United States. I mean, that's pretty incredible, wouldn't you think.
Speaker 12: Jeez?
Speaker 11: I tell you, just anytime the dollar amounts start to come out about this whole scandal, it's just eye popping another one that is a lot of people are not really pointing out or reporting on that. I do mention in that story is that Minnesota actually had an eighteen billion dollar budget surplus. Every bit of that is gone and then some and in just one two year period, in fact, they are now looking at being in the hole by three billion dollars. And I'm telling you, the people I've spoken to who are ordinary taxpayers are hot about that, and they are feeling it because they are seeing their property taxes go up because of the fact that number one inflation over the last several years prior to the current administration, there are a lot of policies put in place that inflation did go up and the health values went up, and therefore the taxes went up. Plus new taxes are being piled on top of citizens to pay for these mandates coming from the state government. And I'm telling you, people just feel the squeeze there. It's it's really people are are not are very unhappy. I will say the ones that I've spoken to.
Speaker 1: Are yeah, sures. And that's a theme that runs through this story. You know, if you would, for my listeners, explain what you mean by Minnesota nice and it's you use that term in uh a lot of your stories and it makes perfect sense. Will you just explain what that is? And I guess along with that the attitude that they have some of them out there.
Speaker 11: Well, the term Minnesota and nice. I was actually told it originated from a type of granite found there because it's felled g N E I S S and that's pronounced nice. But the kind of you know, manifesting in a way of life, it's almost like the people came from Norway. A lot of people there, and there's this attitude where you're kind of you're semi warm, but semi frosty. At the same time they're saying is that a Minnesotan will give you directions to anywhere except to his own front door. So their hospitality is kind of more on the surface. And as that guy ed said so succinctly, when people are wanting to give and say, oh, I'm trying to help impoverish people or hungry children or autistic children, there is a cultural tendency to just not ask that very many questions about that. There's also not much of a question, oh I need help. So when you don't ask questions of either the givers or the receivers within a government system, and you don't have checks and balances in place, that's a recipe for trouble.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's no question about it. And that's a theme that kind of runs through your story. At page seven, you talk about the former assistant US Attorney I think it's his name is Joe Thompson who worked on some of the cases. Oh no, Joe Tireb. I guess outlined fraud fueling factors in this case. And then you know, here's the weenie as they say, this is a quote from the former US attorney. Yeah, folks, coming from a society with high levels of corruption. Of course he's talking about Somollians. You mix that with a government handout system that has almost no checks and balances, and that's just a perfect storm for high levels of corruption. Would you agree with me that in many ways, that's pretty much the problem there in a nutshell.
Speaker 11: Well, I quoted him for a reason. You know, the man did prosecute a lot of these cases. And you know, again, part of the whole Minnesota Knighte and progressive culture is that you know, include lusiveness, that whole inclusive thing, and you don't want to say anything bad about people from other countries or ethnic groups, because you know, it could be viewed as racism. And so when people in the inside of the system started to see, hey, this isn't right. How is it that this place claims to be feeding you know, three thousand kids in one day and they just started operating yesterday. You know, when they're asking questions about this, they're saying, don't say anything about that. You could be viewed as racist or worse. Some of these whistleblowers have alleged that they were even surveilled or had discipline and action taken against them when they tried to raise concerns. So there are many, many layers to this whole terrible situation there in Minnesota. But I would like to point out, as bad as it is in Minnesota, there may be states where it's worse. I'm looking into trying to do more of a state a nationwide picture of what fraud looks like.
Speaker 1: Wish me luck with that, absolutely, And I think I might have told you I've had any numbers of callers on my Saturday show saying that and pointing to Columbus, and a couple of them said, hey, you know, stand by because something's coming out of there too. Have you heard anything about that?
Speaker 11: That is actually on my very long list of follow up stories to try to get to. I'm one reporter, but man, it was sure to be nice to have a team of us working on this. But you know, we're a lean and mean operation and you know, try to do our very best with with you know, just a smaller staff. But I tell you what, I'm I'm very aware of that. I've heard some things about that. I haven't substantiated anything along those lines, but it is on my list of things to definitely look into.
Speaker 1: You know, the stories you crank out, in the detail within which you crank them out is absolutely incredible. It's phenomenal. I mean, you know, this just isn't some kind of opinion piece. It said, boy, this is horrible. You drill down on it, and I know I appreciate it. I think everybody else does too. But one thing too, and this I don't. Oh okay, this is from Joe Thompson, a quote that again I think, kind of just boils it all down. Minnesota's fraud ridden programs all have one thing in common, and I know from reading your stories this is absolutely right. The one thing in common sudden explosive growth. According to figures, you know, the way these the amounts spent on these programs just skyrocket. I know one of them I've read in your reporting for supposedly helping I think it was disabled children. They were billing at twelve bucks or excuse me, twelve hours per day. And that doesn't make any sense. And that one had explosive growth sounds to me like that's kind of a common factor.
Speaker 11: Right, And that is started at like it was project to cost two point two point two million a year, went up to one hundred and seventy million within about three years.
Speaker 1: And you know what, it's just incredible. You got a governor who, you know, at the end of the day, he's supposed to be watching what's going on. There is no way that if this was happening in the state of Ohio, I guarantee you that Mike DeWine would know about it and would have done something about it. And as you said and others have said as well, and again with respect to media reporting, nobody wants to be called a racist, So this nonsense goes on. I mean, it's just incredible. What's next on your list Janis. With respect to this, I know you mentioned you're going to start looking at other.
Speaker 11: States, right Well, looking at other states is a big deal. Also trying to bring out some more information about where the money went. I have obtained some federal court exhibits that show vehicles and checks and you know, other documentations showing how millions of dollars of the taxpayer's money went to things that most people would be pretty upset to see. Just trying to show where that money went. And uh, also about the forfeiture process, how difficult that is. One of the lawmakers I interviewed told me that technically the taxpayers of Minnesota now on a bakery here in Ohio. The quote own is in quotes, you know, because that was one of the things that that reportedly was purchased with some of these ill gotten games.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 1: And it goes on and on and on. I know you don't do politics. I know you don't report on politics text you report on facts. But I've been ask you this I think a couple of times before. I mean, the heat's got to be building under Governor Waltz to get the hell out of there and resign. Have you heard anything more about that.
Speaker 11: Well, the one of the Trump cabinet members, Lenna McMahon, the head of the education departments, Yees pointed out about these ghost students, uh, people who were receiving a bunch of money for never even attending school or maybe even didn't exist. These people didn't even exist, are you know money going out? She faulted him for that. Now, in his defense, some people are saying things like, you know, the head guy can't know everything, but when there, when it's this multifaceted, a lot of people are saying, in fact what you said, which is that they believe he had to at least know, and the whistleblader blowers are saying that they told him. And on top of it, yes, there are there. These mayors didn't go so far as saying that, you know, we want you to resign Tim Walls, but one hundred mayors in Minnesota banded together and sent a letter his way. Now, maybe you know, I know the public's tired of letters, letters, letters, but you know this one, when one hundred mayors are signing it, you know that is a much louder microphone and so to speak, or megaphones than just one lone voice or you know, making a post on social media. So they're saying, look, our communities are hurting. This has to stop. We demand accountability. And they were asking it of not just him, but also the state lawmakers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they have to have it. I've never seen anything like this. I've been around quite a while, and I think it's just going to keep getting bigger and bigger. One thing, I just want to read a quote. This is mainly for the listeners of something that Waltz said. It's just the guy's just he's not based in the real world. He's in dream world three or somewhere else. Okay, this is the governor. This is outrageous. I expect political attacks in an election year, said Waltz, whose re election bid faces at least ten Republican challengers, including Robins. He's a state I think rep Okay, here's what he says, Waltz, what is unacceptable is actively withholding information about fraud and blocking investigations in order to advance a political agenda. If there is fraud, it needs to be investigated immediately, not sat on, redirected, or used for political theater. In your reporting, which has been extensive, I mean relatively short period of time. Have you seen any evidence of any of that, withholding information, blocking investigations in order to advance a political agenda.
Speaker 11: Well, it's certainly not on the inside of all of that, But no, I haven't seen that. What he's actually responding to is a representative. Robin's a lady who has the fraud you know, Anti fraud and Committee in the House of Representatives there in Minnesota. She uh, you know, said, look, I have whistle blowers coming to me. They've they've come out at this Uh, there's like an online portal where they can they are guaranteed the anonymity. Apparently, hundreds of whistle blowers who work for the state well Welfare Department have come forward and made allegations and provided the information to her and other members of the committee. She says she doesn't feel comfortable giving that to the Attorney general or the other, you know, members of the government in the state, so she gives it.
Speaker 4: To the US Attorney's office.
Speaker 11: She's like, these people don't trust you. The whistle blowing would stop if it went to you guys, because allegedly you guys sat on it. You're the ones who's sat on it. Now he's accusing her of quote unquote just not doing anything with it or sitting on it. And she's saying, no, I hint the information over. As soon as we investigate that it's credible, we send it over to the US Attorney's office, the FBI, other appropriate agencies. And he's after he heard this. She said this at a public meeting. That was his response that he accused her of hiding information.
Speaker 1: Jeez, well, we're out of time, Jannis. I can't thank you enough. And I know my listeners feel the same way because they tell me how much we appreciate you filling us in on this because you're keyed in and hope we can continue to call on you.
Speaker 11: Yeah, any tips about Ohio, feel free to contact me.
Speaker 4: The easiest way to do that is just to go on my.
Speaker 11: Twitter and you can see it, says Janis highful, Hi, sle has my email address right there. It's harder to explain on the air to just go to my ex account Twitter or go to Epoch epoh Times and you can try to find me on there.
Speaker 1: Sounds good, Thanks Janis, thank you. Okay, all right, well I'll tell you what. Like I said, the plot thickens and she's all over it. It's just hard to grasp just the breadth of this thing, I mean, and it just keeps getting bigger and bigger. And accountability that's what's needed here, and I hope at some point we get it. Ten thirty eight News Radio seven hundred W Mike Allen Saturday Midday. Going to get to the calls here in just a second, as promised, But there is something I want to read. It's brief.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I am so blessed in this job to have listeners who are tuned in and know what's going on. And occasionally those that I know will text me, Okay, I got one not too long ago talking about the lieutenant governor Flanagan from Minnesota who wants to be the next Minnesota senator, talking about her this here's the text. This Flannagan chick in Minnesota that's wearing a hajib is Irish. Yeah, Flannagan Irish? I get it. If so, that's cultural appropriation and these are my words and the liberals hate that, all right. The text goes on, if it's not I'm going to dress as an Indian squaw for Halloween. Goes on to say, Mike, when the worst of the worst are with others. They are probably a little bit less worse. I agree. It's kind of like MS thirteen members are only allowed to hang out with other MS thirteen members snatched them up and makes the point. They found that Ilhan Omar and Tampon Tim Waltz received campaign donations from these and from these those billions. You know, I don't know if you could trace it to the billions, but I do know, at least I've heard, I even drilled down on it, that that's exactly what happened, you know, in one of them. I guess it's il Han Homer, i Owmar head a fundraiser, political fundraiser at a restaurant that one of these jokers runs. And you know what I mean. That's not proving anything, but you're certainly allowed to comment on it and read into it what you want. But anyway, I'm really blessed to have listeners like that, and I so appreciate it. Okay, let's get back to the calls. Who's been hanging on the longest. Kathleen in College Hill, Hey, good morning, Kathleen.
Speaker 13: Well, thanks mine for taking my call. Yesterday you were talking about the prosecution and errors that they had made. There's a lot of problems in the County common please. There was a judge that he would not allow us to cross examine Vanessa Wilberly on things that she pursued her self about. For example, she said somebody died from the fire. Nobody died from the fire, Yet judge would not let us cross examine her on that. Over one hundred members of the board of the Hammond North Condominium Association voted to remove Vanessa Wilberly. The judge thought that was a side show and wouldn't.
Speaker 4: Listen to it.
Speaker 13: He would not.
Speaker 14: Allow us to call the president of the Hammon North Board, George Alexander. And the reason I hope you're sitting down. The reason is because poor George Alexander, the.
Speaker 13: President of the Hammon North Comomitium Board, would have to use his PTO to come to court. The judge said that he.
Speaker 4: Was going to rule on.
Speaker 13: He was going to rule based on the Ohio revised call.
Speaker 1: Kathleen, you got to kind of wrap it up. I got a lot of callers here.
Speaker 13: Yes, I know, and I've only been on hold for over an hour.
Speaker 1: The judge, well, we can take care of that. Let's go ahead and we'll move on, you know. And I don't mean to be a jerk about it, but I don't know anything about what she's talking about. And I didn't say the prosecutors made a lot of mistakes. I don't the current prosecutor, Commy Pillach's of a different political party than me. But I think she's doing pretty darn good jobs so far. But anyway, enough of that. I know she's probably mad at me. But how the hell am I going to comment on something I don't even know about. Let's talk to Fred in sunny Saint Petersburg. How you doing?
Speaker 4: Do it?
Speaker 3: Fine?
Speaker 15: Just a quick follow up on that surplus of eighteen billion? Yeah, in Minnesota, back when that was when the politicians were saying, oh look what we got. We got eighteen billion next or we're going to send you off checks. It started out they were going to send checks and rebates of two thousand everybody, Okay, right. It ended up not being that much. Number one people did get checks and get rebates.
Speaker 16: However, they had a company in Montana.
Speaker 15: Write the checks or you know, print the checks for some reason who knows, probably cronies, and the checks were mailed out in envelopes that looked just like junk mail, and a lot of people just.
Speaker 3: Threw them away.
Speaker 16: Wow yeah, and uh and like hundreds of thousands of people, you know, threw them away just and you know that was on purpose. That just goes to show what these people, they don't care about the people at all.
Speaker 15: No, that's obvious, awful, it's disgusting.
Speaker 1: It is And this is one you know, the big kind of keyword now is affordability, and of course that's important, but frankly, I think what's more important is accountability. These jokers from tim Walls all the way down need to be held accountable for this because I mean, this is easily and again I think we've only scratched the surface. This is easily the biggest fraud case we've ever had in this country. And guess what, it ain't over. You know, it's hard to fathom that something like that would go on. It's even harder to fathom that the governor and apparently the lieutenant governor of that state didn't do anything about it. It's go ahead.
Speaker 15: I'm sorry, Well no, no, I didn't mean the to go ahead.
Speaker 1: Well, I was just gonna say it just strange credulity to think that they didn't know about it. And then Tim Wallas a couple of days ago, about a week ago, I'm putting together this task force. If you do this, you're going in Minnesota. You're going to jail. Hey where were you about five, six, seven years ago?
Speaker 3: Governor? Oh?
Speaker 14: Sure, I know?
Speaker 15: You know what else? All these other cities, it's going to happen in Cincinnati if it hasn't already. Calmbus is into it. I heard, Maine, all these other places. Can you imagine all these people They're going to go write their checks to the to the tax band and as they're writing that number down.
Speaker 16: They're going to have this in their mind.
Speaker 4: Yep, how how many?
Speaker 9: How much can the people take?
Speaker 16: I mean, eventually people are gonna say, you know what, I ain't paying my freaking taxes.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm telling you that there may be a revolt along those lines. And you know what it would be I think justifiable, because this is just enough. These liberals they think, well, you know what, it's all for a good cause, blah blah blah, and there's no way they'd be stealing it. And screw the taxpayers who are giving us this money. It's just and it's like I said, stay tuned on it. I appreciate the call though, Thank you, Thanks Fred J. Yeah, you know, I'm a taxpayer. I'm gonna have to write that check pretty soon coming up, and I don't like writing it and giving it to the government thinking that a chunk of it maybe going to this crap to finance these people from Somalia and again ninety percent of them. I'm sorry, Liberals, I'm going to continue to say that, you know that are ripping off our country. And you know, he brought something up that just I hadn't thought of it. I think it's brewing. At some point. I think the people are going to rise up on this thing. And if the people of Minnesota don't, they're crazy. Anyway. Let's see Barry has been holding on forever. Hey Barry, how you doing.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Merry Christmas belatedly to.
Speaker 1: Everybody, you too, pretty good, Pretty good.
Speaker 6: I wanted to ask if you could explain to me why Amy one would vote for police stake COVID shutdown Amy Atkins.
Speaker 1: You know, I was surprised that she was the king. I thought they would have had, you know, a bigger name. Now the Democrats are struggling statewide now. But and I don't know much about her, but I and the early polls were is Vivek was really killing her. I think they've they've evened out now. It probably be a battle. I'd put my money on Ramaswami, though I can't answer your question because you know what, I don't know. Seems like a nice lady, But I wouldn't vote.
Speaker 6: For and now just years and years of being on the wrong side of anything that matters between abortion and she was an early Obama supporter, an early Clinton supporter, whatever it was important, she just got it wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, and I agree with you on that, especially with respect to the COVID thing. Uh yeah, again it's I'm going to watch the polls on this, but I was really shocked to find that they had it kind of evened out now. So thank Ramaswami. I think it'd be a hell of an Ohio governor and I think that he will run a really good campaign and win out at the end. But you know, you ask a question. It's a good question Berry that well, I can't answer. I do not know why anybody'd vote for.
Speaker 6: You know, as things stand today, if I had to vote tomorrow, I'd probably vote for Vivid, but I'm going to wait until election day and see what's out because if you vote a month or two early, you're just missing.
Speaker 1: Something well you know what, And that brings up a good point. You're right about that. But on the other hand, everybody's saying that within the Republican leadership that hey, you know, vote early, vote early, vote early, and we can bank those votes. So last two elections because of that, I've voted early. But I know what you're saying. I mean, you vote a month early and the candidate that you voted for implode, You're screwed. I know what you're saying.
Speaker 6: So yeah, you know, I always take half a day off go vote. They can go get breakfast somewhere.
Speaker 4: But not everyone can do that, I know.
Speaker 1: And you know what, I loved and still loved because it was just the off year election just a few months ago. I loved going to the polling place to vote. You know, you do it, and you think, man, I'm proud to be and lucky to be an American. I like it. I wish they'd get rid of it, but they have to get rid of it. Across the board, and I don't think that's going to happen the way it used to be. It used to be the only people that could vote early were sick people in the hospital and veterans who lived where the election was but were stationed somewhere else. And they've just expanded it way too much in my opinion.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, I'm a few years younger than you are, but you know, our parents drug us to the polling place.
Speaker 4: Cool yep.
Speaker 1: And there used to be a thing called kids voting. It wasn't that long ago. It was kind of a charitable civic organization that he had little voting boosts. When you know, you go vote, the kid does too, to acclimate them to you know, what it's like to go vote. I thought it was great. I don't know what happened to it, but I really wish we could go back to just the old way.
Speaker 17: All right.
Speaker 6: Well, if I don't see you, I'll you happy New Year.
Speaker 1: Be good, Okay, you too, Barry, Thank you very much. You know, he does bring up a really good point about the early voting. I mean, you know, I don't know what it is in Ohio. I think it's about a month before maybe even more than that you are kind of taking a chance casting your vote then. But again, the people that I respect politically, Alex Trantapeel you being the main one, say that it's in the party and the candidate's best interest to vote early. I don't know. Maybe that'll change someday, hopefully. Hey we got doctor Dennis in Annapolis. Doc, how are you doing?
Speaker 3: Hey, Mike carried doing New Year?
Speaker 1: You too?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Two quick comments. One, I hated with the leftists when they discuss you know, when they get the immigrants, they conflate naturalized citizens with the illegals. Yeah, used to they used to say undocumented, but they think they've now since dropped the undocumented, and and you know for the naive out there, uh, that it makes for a lot of confusion. Yeah, they're talking about when liberals left just talk about the immigrants. They're talking about the illegals, but they won't say illegal, and they will.
Speaker 1: We will. But you're right, I'm looking at a thing here, doc.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: I had to google something and I've been using AI. It was about an ice agent. It is horrible. I just saw the video of it shot and injured by what they referred to as an undocumented man.
Speaker 4: Uh in Maryland.
Speaker 1: So the media sometimes uses it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, they do, but I've noticed that they've since dropped the undocumented part.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's their their ongoing effort to doctor our language.
Speaker 1: Yep, no question about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: The one other quick comment is, uh, I'm Catholic, but but I have the they it's kind of almost hypocritical. The these Catholic charities where for a long time facilitating the illegals entry into the country.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: You know, people were donating that.
Speaker 9: It sounds all good and everything to donate the Catholic charities, but they were funneling money to these organizations that would go down to the border and uh and house and facilitate the illegal sentry into the country, violating the law.
Speaker 1: I read about that, and you know, I mean, if I were Catholic, and I am, I don't go to the camp or church mass anymore. I go to a different service, but I would sure drill down on that to see if that's where it goes. And there's a lot of good about the Camp of Church. But yeah, yeah, if they're if they're involved in that, then shame on them.
Speaker 3: But they are.
Speaker 1: I gotta move on though. Doctors Mike Okay, thanks for the call. Yeah, an undocumented man. That's what AI refers to this guy as I don't know. You know, some say what's in a name, But I think it's important. I think it's important to point out it's more than not having documents, it's trespassing into our country. Hey, we got just about a minute. Let's talk to Bobby. Hey, Bobby, thanks for calling. I'm sorry, I can only give you about a minute.
Speaker 17: That's all I need. My brother, I want to tell you we sure appreciate you holding that torture freedom up high and bright every day because I think twenty twenty six is going to becoming dark outside.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna be It's gonna be interesting. It really is. You know, it's looking like you never know, it's way early, but might be JD. Van's boy, I could certainly live with that. We've got to continue with Trump started.
Speaker 17: We've got a plan for the future, my friends, and go ahead and crush these left wing Marxists before it's too late, because they will be on the streets come this summertime. I guarantee you.
Speaker 1: Everything seems to be trending towards that. I just hope people in this country are vigilant, and I don't know. I'm not real optimistic about the future.
Speaker 3: Bobby.
Speaker 1: I probably should be, but I'm not. But hey, anyway, I do have to get out of here for the news, but I appreciate the corank you. Okay, thanks Bobby. Yeah, we got to break here for the news. But when we get back, we're going to talk to FOP President Ken Kober. Lots going on in the law enforcement department, and then I want to tell those that are on hold now from eleven thirty to noon, when I get out of here, open lines four nine, seven thousand, one, eight hundred. The big one are the numbers. Mike Allen, Saturday Midday News Radio seven hundred WLW. Mike Allen with hour three, third and final hour of Saturday Midday. Well, i'll tell you what. The violence continues in the city of Cincinnati. Fox nineteen reports that a mother and two children were shot on Christmas Day in the West End. Thankfully there they survived. They're okay. I think they're at the hospital. Arrested was some dude named Jadens Brown. He's fifty eight. He's charged with three counts of felonious assault. Brown had been accused of assaulting in twenty twenty two the same woman he shot Christmas Day back in twenty twenty two, again, he was accused of punching her in the face and throwing her to the ground. He has more than forty arrest dating to nineteen eighty. And here's the thing. Those cases were dismissed because the alleged victim did not continue with the investigation. Here to talk about this and a lot of other things, is FOP President Ken kober Ken, Thanks so much for calling in.
Speaker 4: Sure, Mike, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Hey, I know you want to talk about some other things. I do too, But that last sentence that I read, those cases were dismissed because the alleged victim did not continue with the investigation. That's not uncommon, is it, Ken Cober No.
Speaker 4: Not at all. Yeah, Unfortunately, it is all too common. And there's usually a couple of reasons why those things happen. Is you have a victim that decides that, you know, for whatever reason they don't want to prosecute, show up the court, or and what we've seen several times is they'll show up the court and it gets continued once place, three times, four times and finally they go listen, I'm not going to see justice. I'm done, and they just could come into court. And that is the unfortunate part that happens way too often in here in Hamilton County.
Speaker 1: It does, and probably other counties. But I know for a fact, because I mean I've dealt with it from every angle that it happens. And you know, someday somebody is going to do some kind of study as to the cost to the criminal justice system for that. But that's neither here nor there at this point. Elwood Jones, you made a very very strong statement Ken when he was arrested for ov I by your officers CPD officers. It's just your thoughts in general about that. That whole situation with.
Speaker 4: Him, well, you know, quite honestly, never should have happened. Yeah, you hit somebody, excuse me, you know, because of a technicality, uh you know, gets let out. You know, it goes to the Ohio Supreme Court, and the High Supreme Court says, no, this needs to go back to the lower court and be given a look at. And and instead, unfortunately, you know, we have a prosecutor that decided no, you know, not going to do this. No one saw justice in this. You know, I feel for the family. I feel for the officers that that were there had to deal with these things. But not only that, it's the impact that it's having on officers that are wearing this uniform today that are seeing this. But this is this is just kind of you know, the final thing for twenty twenty five that we've seen that officers are so frustrated with, whether it's low bail, no bail, you know, these light sentences. You people with gun charges that are being convicted, that are being put on probation just to go out reoffend. This is just it's it's a terrible, terrible thing that happened. You'll you'll never convince me that that he did not murder this woman when you look at the totality of the evidence. You look at Joe Deaters and Mark Pete Meyer, I mean, two guys that have given their adult lives to public service, to protecting Hamilton County. It's just it's a sad, sad thing that went on.
Speaker 1: It really is, and it's a kind of a black eye for the criminal justice system. But you know, you throw into all those things that you talked about, you got the downtown beat down, which we haven't heard the last of that yet either on Four Street. I mean, the cops did everything that they were supposed to do from my vantage point, and that's what happens. I just hope we don't have another one of those.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, that's the unfortunate part is it's what we're seeing, which is people are playing Hamilton County. And you know, one of the things that the SOP fought for was residency so officers didn't have to live in Hamilton County if they don't want to. And as soon as that passed and both put in our contract where you could live in counties outside of Hamilton County. You can live in Indiana, you can live in Kentucky. Price begin fleeing because they see what's going on. They get a front row seat to what the justice systems like in Hamilton County. They go, you know what, I'm not raising my family here, and I don't blame them.
Speaker 1: You know what, I knew that residency was relaxed. Didn't know that you can go to other states.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I'm glad for that for the officers, but you know, it kind of speaks volumes, doesn't it. When the city that they're policing in is a place they don't want to raise their family. I think that speaks volumes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, it absolutely does. And that's sad because this county, you know, I grew up here in my entire life, has so much to offer. I know, when we're seeing judges, you know, like Kurt Kissinger Josh Bukwitz, who are not being re elected that are law in order, they're fair, but they're firm judges, and people in this county are saying, you know, we don't want them judges. We don't want judges like that to be here in Hamilton County. It just speaks volumes, and that's why officers that see it firsthand are going, Nope, I'm out, And I don't blame them a bit. That's interesting.
Speaker 1: I got to ask you about this, the Chief Fiji witch hunt and witch hunt is probably too kind of a term for it. Do you know what the status that is? I mean, it was turned over to a law firm, and really I don't even remember who the law firm was, doesn't matter. It just kind of seems to me like, okay, law firm, you better find something here. What's the status of that?
Speaker 4: Ken if you know, well, my understanding is it's the law firms Frost, Brown and Todd. Okay, they've interviewed approximately I don't know roughly. I think thirty officers trying to find out, you know, if there's something that they can they could try to use to have just cause to fire Chief Diji. My understanding is, I think the contract only runs to the end of the year, so we may hear something soon. But I mean that's the impact that even that has had on the cincinnat Police Department. You know, where there's uncertainty. Don't get me wrong. Interim chief Henny has stepped in has done an absolute remarkable job. But anytime you have an interim chief, and unfortunately I've seen it several times in my career, there's uncertainty. It's hey, it's how long is he going to how long is he going to be in this position? You know what, what's going to happen? What's our future going to look like. It's not fair to police officers, it's not fair to the residents of Cincinnati. And you're absolutely right, the way Chief Fiji has been treated is just this is nothing but a witch hunt, is you know, I've described it as you know, they're they're going to make an arrest and then they're going to decide what the crime is afterwards. Well, he's not how these things work, but that's what's going on.
Speaker 1: It's not supposed to happen that way. You're absolutely right about that. And you know you don't. You don't hire a law firm to find something wrong with a police chief who has a stellar record. It makes no sense to me, but I guess it does. When you're talking about Plumb Street down there. I know you're not well, you are political, but you gotta kind of be a walk down the middle. But I don't think Ken we are ever going to see a Republican elected mayor in this city or even on city council. I was hoping so much that Christopher Smitheman would break through because he is definitely a friend of the cops. But man, it's and it's getting tough in Hamilton County too.
Speaker 4: It's a shame, no, you know, without a doubt. And we saw it. I mean we saw that the City of Cincinnati they have no interest in having any kind of you know, conservative on council. They don't certainly don't want to conservative as the mayor, and that's a decision they made. The city has to you just have to live with it. And it's the same way in Hamilton County. You're absolutely right, I mean, it's there. There is no more law and order, tough on crime. You know, judges left. Like I said, I think so far, Connie Tillis hasn't done a bad job. But when you get to this, Elwood Jonas saying, I think she just she dropped the ball on this one for whatever reason. And it's like, you know, had we had you know, Melissa Powers there, that this would have been a much different scenario. But the reality is, this is what we have to live with. If you're a resident Hamilton County, if you're a police officer in Hamilton County, this is just what you're going to have to deal with. And that's why you're also seeing officers that are leaving, and they're not leaving for other departments in Hamilton County. They're going to other agencies in Claremont County, Warren County, Butler County, just to get away from this justice system as a whole.
Speaker 1: You know, back in the day when I was involved in law enforcement and CPD, it was exactly the opposite. Ken When openings came up for CPD, people from the county would come in droves taking the test because they wanted to be Cincinnati cops. But as you just said, it's just completely turned on its head.
Speaker 4: Now, yeah, well, perfect example. You know, we had, we fought for and were able to get the city to approve a lateral class of thirty officers. Yes, that class is going to start here in about six weeks, six to eight weeks. Seven people. Oh man, we have seven a class, a lateral class of seven officers. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm come happy to have those seven that we got.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but they authorized thirty and all we could get was seven.
Speaker 1: Isn't that something? I'll tell you what, And I probably said this a million times, but in my wildest dreams, I never thought that would happen. When I took the test for the cadet program back in seventy four, and then you know, when we got laid off from CPD in nineteen eighty, we had to test again. It was down at the Convention Center. There were thousands of people there. I mean, it was an unbelievable and for it to change that much. I just think it speaks volumes of what the situation is with law enforcement now and it's just a shame that that happens. But hey, let me switch gear and said, I you want to talk about some other things, but before we do that, I want to backtrack a little bit. Issue five. I'm sure you remember Chief Striker, very very strong chief. I think part of the reason why he would be a strong chief was because he had civil service protection. You and I talked about this, Ken, I think not too long ago. Uh is the FOP and hopefully there'll be others that are interested in bringing this back to the ballot to try to reverse it. I know it would be an uphill battle, but if we had that now, that protection, I don't think Chief Fiji would be in the jam she's in.
Speaker 4: No, you're absolutely right, and that is something that is being worked on. It's of course in its infancy of trying to trying to figure out, you know, to get the language, to get all these things that we can so we can prepare this. But we are absolutely going to be working on this. And you're absolutely right. You know, if if we had a chief that was under you know, civil service under our collective bargaining agreement, we wouldn't be in this position. And that's that's one of the things now that I've said, you know, with with interim Chief Henny, he's in a fantastic position right now. He can go and make whatever changes he wants and he can do it without fear of being terminated, because the worst that he can possibly do is get demoted back to his assistant chiefs position, where chiefs didn't She didn't have that protection.
Speaker 1: You know what I forgot about that? Yeah, that's interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it's something that we are certainly going to figure out how we can get this change. That way, we can have a police chief that can make decisions without fear of city Hall saying no, we're not going to do this, and if you do well, we're going to find a way to get rid of you. And that's unfortunately why we are where we are.
Speaker 1: I think at the end of the day, when this is all over with, they're going to have to back the brinks truck up to city Hall to get the settlement that she gets. And I know she'd rather have her job back, but they did her wrong, and they did her dirty. That's all there is to it. Last question, I have contract negotiations coming up twenty six. Your thoughts on that, I know you'll be in there fighting for your officers. Anything in particular about that that is unusual.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, unfortunately, you know, three years ago when we negotiated, you know, we were one hundred and fifty hundred and sixty officer short. And don't get me wrong, the city has made the financial commitment to have these classes. The problem is we can't get people that want to do this job.
Speaker 1: I can, It's hard.
Speaker 3: You know, a lot of it.
Speaker 4: Is is still a lot of it. You know, are some political decisions that have been made, like said you talk about the fourth and Element incident, this this stuff with Elwa Jones, that is just keeping people from wanting to be law enforcement in general. But yeah, as we go in to these negotiations, we're still going to be one hundred and fifty hundred and fifty officer short. It's it's really really going to be interesting to see, you know, how this plays out, because you're you're going to have to continue to give officers quality raises and hopes that you know, people are going to say, you know what, I'm willing to put up with the justice system. I'm willing to put up with these things knowing that at least I'm making a wage that I can take care of my family.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, let me ask you question. You said one hundred and fifty to one hundred and sixty officers. I guess it's fair to say, based on what you said and based on reality, they're not filled because they can't find anybody to fill them. Is that accurate?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, Like I said, we're seeing it where you much like when I took the test, you know, to be able to be hired as a Sin Saint police officer, thousands of people. I was just telling you at the convention center, thousands of people there, and you know, out of those thousands of people, they would whittle it down to two classes of fifty about a three or four thousand people, they would select one hundred. So you saw it was the top, you know, one hundred out of four thousand. Now if we get four hundred people to take the test, we're lucky and they're going to fill a class one class of fifty. So they keep on having more tests. Where I said, you used to get two classes off each test, now you get one and like I said, you're you're getting fifty out of out of four hundred people. And well, once you get past the written test and get into you know, the psychological and some of these other things, it gets whittled down to and if we get fifty, we're lucky.
Speaker 1: You know what. And you can't just hire at willy nilly because you don't know what the hell you're getting. It's a shame. Well, keep us posted, Ken, and we'll check in with you again. But I appreciate you calling.
Speaker 4: In absolutely Thanks for having me, Mike.
Speaker 1: Okay, my pleasure.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: That was Ken Cober FOP president. Boy, he is turning into one great FOP president. CPD has been blessed the men and women of CPD with strong leadership in their FOP presidents. And that is just so important. You have to have that. You have to have that. I'm almost independent. I mean, Ken still a police officer, but he's allowed to advocate for his men and women and he does a great job of it. Hey, we got to take a break. Butt when we get back, we're going to go back to the calls. Mike Allen, Saturday Midday, eleven thirty nine, News Radio seven hundred ww Mike callendar closing minutes of Saturday midday and as promised, I'm going to the Pones. Tanya has been holding on forever. Hello Tanya, I appreciate you holding. I'm good. I'm good, but you go.
Speaker 18: Christmas to you you too, Thank you, sir. I was calling just to put my two cents in on the Elwood Jones case. Yeah, okay, just a quick background. I'm I'm all for Trump. I'm all for this administration. I've been to prison myself. I was engaged to a man on death row twenty five years ago from Missouri. I've been married three times. See my personal opinion from my life experiences, is them using this hepatitis B as a reason to let this murderer go. I believe it's false because my first husband had hepatitis B. I did all the normal things that you would do with a husband. I even brushed my teeth with his toothbrush twenty.
Speaker 17: Five years ago.
Speaker 18: I also had another significant other who had hepatitis B. I never contracted it, you know, yet they did not have it.
Speaker 1: I get it. I haven't looked when I was prosecutor just very peripherally involved in it and some of the appeals and things like that, so I'm not really privy to all the facts. I do know this though, Mark Pete Meyer, who I know. We served in the Army Reserve together. He was in the prosecutor's office when I was prosecutor. There's nobody better in this town on these kind of things, and from what I understand, he was a little bit more than honked off about what happened. Because I can't tell you this Ella Jones was a big, big case that meant a lot to a lot of people, especially the victim family. But it's just a it's a sad situation. And you know the other thing about it too, Tanya, He's probably gonna get a pretty good payday out of this too, And that's what's wrong. I mean, it's all wrong, but that especially he doesn't deserve.
Speaker 18: It, especially especially whenever it's coming out of taxpayers. First, we had to pay for him to sit in prison all these years, we had to pay for his original case to get put on death brow, we've had to pay for all of his appeals, and now we're going to have to give him probably a good million dollars or more. Yep, and he's out here already within two weeks committing prime even though it's a traffic case.
Speaker 3: But what's to come next?
Speaker 1: Wouldn't you know that he would be when you think you do all that time, and granted he got let out, wouldn't you think he'd be a little bit careful about it?
Speaker 18: I mean, I mean you would think, especially at his age, that you would be blessed by God and would wouldn't come home and actually live and be free for a while. You would think. But I want I wanted to run this by you real quick because I've been trying to get the world to know this for five years. No one wants to talk about it. I've tried the governor short of the president. I've tried d H d OJ, Homeland Security Central Office, with the Ohio prison system, the governor, all representatives. I've tried to get this message out. I've tried news stations. No one wants to get it out. With the gentleman that was murdered down here in Cincinnati who owned the gym.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 18: That situation as well as there was an officer in Ross Correctional Center last year who was murdered on Christmas Day. What no one wants to tell people is that the Ohio prison system right now is so flooded with a drug called tone.
Speaker 1: What's the I'm sorry, what was It's called tone?
Speaker 18: They call it tune like cartoons.
Speaker 4: Okay, because these guys.
Speaker 18: Act like cartoons. They hallucinate. They My husband is currently in prison right now. He's been in prison for eleven years. He's been in Warren, Lucas, Phille Rock right now, he's currently in Mansfield. Every single prison he's been in, and all the people that I've talked to, investigators, Warden's people in Central Office, all of them will tell you ninety five percent of the Ohio prison population right now.
Speaker 1: Is addicted to this drug. You know what.
Speaker 18: They will also tell you what they've told me. There's nothing they can do about it, except for they just spent sixty thousand dollars of our taxpayer dollars to put sixteen leather couches in my husband's unit five sixty five inch screen TVs out of our taxpayer dollars. But they won't take our taxpayer dollars and put body scans in these prisons.
Speaker 1: I don't mean you, but I think you probably would know better than anyone that Department of Rehabilitations and Corrections is screwed up in so many different ways. But let me say this too, and I don't need details, I don't want them. I would just like to commend you for doing what you're doing. Are you familiar with the concept of re entry. I'm sure you are, absolutely Yeah, And your exhibit a as to how it works and how it can help people have to have that coming out of prison. I mean the way it used to be. They walk out of the prison and boom, that's it. The concept of re entry is usually about one hundred eighty eight days. You have one hundred eighty aays half a year left on your sentence. Yeah, you start lining up services for them, try to find them a job. But anyway, I feel very very strongly about that, and I just wanted to commend you well.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that.
Speaker 18: And one of the major problems with the re entry programs is is that most of the halfway houses that they have, yeah, are in are in.
Speaker 13: Drug infested areas.
Speaker 18: And I've been to a halfway house when I first got out of prison. The first time they sit me on a pilot program to the Tavern House down on Queen City. We were able to get drugs in their cigarettes in there, We were able to sneak.
Speaker 13: Off, we were able to do whatever.
Speaker 18: The people that actually run the places, I mean, I'm just gonna be honest, a lot of them. The woman that ran ours her husband was a drug dealer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll tell you what. And it's tough out there, but again, I commend you. I got a bunch of calls here, Tony, I gotta get going, and I just run this.
Speaker 18: By you real quick because it's a person and I know the world's listening, and I need.
Speaker 4: The world to know.
Speaker 18: Sure, a lot of these guys that are coming home, that are committing these murders have been addicted to this drug called tone.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna look that up.
Speaker 12: Please do.
Speaker 18: It's all over YouTube. You can see how they act and what they do they don't understand. Like the guy downtown, it would have been a better chance if they do something with the drug epidemic in prison, that that man might not have got murdered. He was addicted to drugs when he got released, just like Elwood Jones. Even though he was on death he had access to tomb and ninety five percent the chance that he was addicted to it, and he's been released out here to our society.
Speaker 1: I'm going to check into it. I've not never heard of it, but I want to learn about it.
Speaker 4: But thank you for the appreciate Mike.
Speaker 18: Thank you.
Speaker 1: You have a good day, you too, Yeah, you know what. That one went a little longer. But again, I spent the last twenty years, Thank god, I'm retired, uh doing criminal defense work, which is hard, hard, hard if you take the job seriously. And there are so few success stories in the criminal justice system that I think you got to highlight them when you get them. Anyway, who's been waiting the longest?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 1: How's about wreck in Dallas?
Speaker 3: Hey? Rick? You doing? I was going to tell what that lady was saying. I heard.
Speaker 2: I heard there's a new drug that's more a thousand times more powerful than federal What is it about?
Speaker 3: I have as only that I don't know what the name of it is.
Speaker 1: I don't like that I heard something about it. I didn't look into it, though. Jeez, that's all we need.
Speaker 3: It's a thousand times of pomps and stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh did you ever meet uh, you know, trouble since thirty police chiefs, they had it. You guys haven't had a decent chiefs of Stanley Shrotale.
Speaker 3: Did you ever meet that tele Shutel?
Speaker 1: No, he was way before my time, but I think we've had some good ones too. Tom Striker comes to mind, Larry Well and boy he was a tough chief. But again, like I was talking to Ken Kober, they could do that because they had civil service protection. Since two thousand with Issue five, they don't have that anymore, so they kind of like moved around the chessboard by the politicians and that ain't right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Showtel was is such a man across the country. You're right, you know, you know he made the cover of like Look magazine or something.
Speaker 1: I do know that. I think it was life. I've seen it before. Uh yeah, he was very very very well respected. But hey, I got I got to get a couple more calls in.
Speaker 2: Here, Rick, Okay, you hear about that. There's another arish between whether there's a skirmish developed between Cambodia and Thailand.
Speaker 3: Now that is insanity.
Speaker 1: What did you say developed between them? I'm sorry? Can you can you.
Speaker 3: Tell me that the war start between Cambodia?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean what in the hell is going on?
Speaker 1: You got me? Uh And my brother lived in Thailand for I think about five or six years. He was working over there, and apparently they don't They just don't get along over there. The Vietnamese uh are they don't like Thailand. So I don't know what they got going on over there. It used to be a very strong uh royalty situation, but I don't know that that's the case anymore. But I appreciate you bringing it up. Okay, thank you. Yeah, I did hear about that, And boy, you know, I want to over and visit my brother oom in Thailand. That flight was brutal. But parts of the country are beautiful, other parts not so much. I don't think they have any zoning because you could have a luxury hotel and a corrugated metal shack next to it. But well, i'll tell you what, it's big and there are a ton of people. Hey, let's talk to Louise in Marino. Hey, Louise, Hi, Mike, I'll make this quick.
Speaker 12: I know you run short of time, and I'm reverting back to the original topic.
Speaker 1: Okay soon, Tim Wallas, Oh, yeah.
Speaker 12: Because I don't know about you, Mike, but I never even heard of him till that bird brand Kamela selected him as VP, and I'm wondering, what't you think with that process that they would have been vetting and this whole big scandal should have arose. And the question is did Caamela know or not? I know she's not a genius. I know she doesn't vet very well because she should have betted that scumble husband of hers, which evidently she didn't, or who would why would she? But the question is did how much did Kamela know about the scandal associated with that governor? And then she goes on to say why she didn't pick these other ones? Can you imagine Micah for Republicans, candidate said, I didn't pick so and so he was Jewish. I didn't pick so and so he was gay.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable. And you know what, people think I'm crazy, but I'll admit it. I bought her book and all that stuff comes out in the book. I mean, I hate to give her any money, but I figured i'd read it so you all don't have to. I have asked the question that you asked from day one. You know, when you're want to be vice president of the United States, the presidential candidate is supposed to do a thorough, thorough, thorough vetting, and that obvious, well, I want to say it obviously didn't happen. Maybe it did and she just didn't care. That's how stupid she is. You remember when George W. Or not George W. George H. W. Bush picked dan Quail. Apparently he and I liked that, I did any problem with him, But apparently he wasn't vetted very strongly either. That is that shows that she's got a messed up campaign where she's messed up in the mind because how could they not have known about the time bomb in Minnesota?
Speaker 9: Ry?
Speaker 12: Why would they picked up the food? No one ever heard of them?
Speaker 1: I know, I did. You know I didn't.
Speaker 12: Well, she's not the brightest thing around. And you know the funniest thing, Mike, I'll cut, I'll make this.
Speaker 7: Short, but it's not.
Speaker 12: I was watching something and she's on there giving dating advice.
Speaker 17: I know that.
Speaker 12: And the one thing she didn't say is make sure you sleep with the married man to help your career started.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, there's a lot of talk about that. I saw that. I think it came out yesterday or the day before. It was hilarious and guess what, it didn't make any sense, which is not surprising, but it just wasn't coherent. But yeah, a dating advisor, marriage counselor Kamala Harris, who would have thought, Micha.
Speaker 12: I'll let you go, Happy New Year, stay healthy.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you, Louise, I appreciate it. Yeah, you know, that is one of the big questions I've had since Jump when all this stuff was popping about Minnesota. I mean, you think about it. People had to know about that, uh, and you know, you usually hire a law firm or respected law firm, a firm that maybe has done this vetting before, and they just didn't. Apparently they didn't get a good one, good enough, because that's something that the candidate should have known.
Speaker 4: It just is.
Speaker 1: And she infers in the book. She doesn't come out and say it. The situation with her VP pick I kind of think she wanted the dude from Pennsylvania, Shapiro. But and what she said I wish I could remember verbatim. It was kind of like, well that might create a political problem, which I read as hey, man, I can't take him. He's Jewish, and you know, I got all these anti semites in my party. I don't want to hank them off. And boy, if that's the case, that's sad. It's really sad. And you know she's still walking around appearing on shows, thinking that she's going to be a viable candidate in twenty twenty eight. I almost hope she runs again. Jack see she'll get killed. But anyway, that's just my two cents. Hey, we are out of time, but i just want to let you know again that I'm in for Sloaney Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday of next week. So I'm looking forward to that. Mike Allen seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 19: Maybe you missed one of our shows because your Karate sinse has it in for you. Ouch, don't worry. You can get the podcast of our shows and here what you missed. Check them out on the Iheartrady your as