Speaker 1: All right, here we go. It's your Patrick, the morning sho It's Thursday. You know you have Fargo flies, you got the Ben Leeber, you got the main man Tommy. Of course the regular cast characters in MAXI has appeared about half an hour and AO and never came back.
Speaker 2: I don't know what happened to you.
Speaker 1: I don't know. He finds some strange I don't know his computer's still in here. Yeah, I have no idea.
Speaker 2: Is he okay?
Speaker 1: I hope so?
Speaker 2: Is he asking number two who he works for? Yeah? That could be.
Speaker 1: That could be. That definitely could be.
Speaker 2: Hey, Hawks, daddy, do you know what? M No, he's that again?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Seriously, what buddy, I really like short sleeves, button down shirts on you?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Thank you so good? Look I appreciate that. Thanks you good look. I appreciate it. I thank you. I I need to I need to take my my job more seriously. Something stopping. I'm gonna stop besting like a hobo.
Speaker 2: Oh real, got to Should I dress better to come in here?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 1: Absolutely not? You look great, one.
Speaker 2: Your shorts are kind of long for you today, they really are.
Speaker 1: I actually had to roll him up and even I wonder I wonder if youth.
Speaker 2: You can roll him up once when you guys wear him. No, I don't, well, I want to start with a four inch.
Speaker 1: In I'm bragging about your insane you should roll him up.
Speaker 2: I'll cut him for you. Let's put things up on the floor.
Speaker 6: You have like the the at Leisure version of Officer Dangle Daisy Dukes Tommy Show, the camera came there, you like.
Speaker 2: So Mikey you guys know Mike he told me, like, if you roll, if you roll the shorts, he was joking. From the top, people can see her crotch. He couldn't believe you'd do it. So you know, if you roll it, it helps, uh chuckle, No, kind of it kind of slows down.
Speaker 7: Love.
Speaker 2: Is it cold in there?
Speaker 1: Exactly?
Speaker 2: You can see his you can see his chest. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Why you got some mixed Yeah yeah, nipping out. Yeah, I don't know where my keys are.
Speaker 2: I think you look great to thank you. You should be proud, Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Tommy was wondering if you went and got some strangers something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, real quick, I had to just handle some business real get on, get off.
Speaker 8: It's like, yeah, yeah, they don't call it.
Speaker 9: Jez got five stars idea, I got four and a hand.
Speaker 1: Oh here's I'm gonna hit this even though we're not really gonna do news.
Speaker 9: This News with Chris Hockey, presented by the twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: I HF World Junior Champion.
Speaker 1: Tell me about does that go?
Speaker 9: The greatest hockey tournament in the world in our backyard? This December World Juniors N two six dot com tickets on sale and now.
Speaker 1: Now now, okay good. There's lots going on in the world of news. None of it's fun, so we'll stay in sports. Uh let me uh me ask you a question. By the way, yesterday Mason and Brow. Mason's my favorite.
Speaker 2: He's off the rails.
Speaker 1: It's unbelievable.
Speaker 4: His story.
Speaker 1: He was talking when he was talking about the the what was it a professor or somebody like that who asked him about how much money do you need? He goes, I don't want money, I want tenure and the guy shut it. I love it. I love Mason. I love it when he's talking trash. I would like to hang out with him. He's great him.
Speaker 2: He's great.
Speaker 4: Oh so my my uncle Peter, who knows best.
Speaker 2: There at some coffee shop.
Speaker 4: Right now, Peter took me and my wife out for my fortieth birthday. Were walking into the restaurant. Yes, correct, there's Mace at the bar, just wheeling ladies. Really, he sits down and he goes, he looks at my wife, He goes, where's your mom live? He just immediately started hitting on my wife's Oh yeah, well she lives in Florida and he said, so do I.
Speaker 3: This is.
Speaker 2: Has a hangout. He well, he said, give her my number.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: He told the story when he was recruiting for I think he said Akron and uh, he happened to be in the same city as Jim and John Harbaugh's.
Speaker 2: Dad, Yeah, Dusty coaching.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so they were recruiting something like that, and uh, for some reason, Harbaugh didn't have a hotel room. He'd never met the senior Harball until this trip. And Harball's they're talking and he's like, you don't have a place to stay and and I'm paraphrasing and uh and Masa's now and he goes, well, you can stay with me. They get to the room. There's only one bed. So Mason's like, I'm going to sleep on the floor. And He's like no, you're okay, you can sleep. So they sleep in the same bed, right, and then wait, there you do, and then he goes and then we wake up the next morning and he goes, are you't hungry? And I'm like, oh yeah, So he takes me out the breakfast and then he comes to find out later he heard that Harball called somebody back in the school he was coaching waiting and goes, what the hell is that guy's name? Story, no idea what his name was the whole time they sleep in the same bed, but he never knew his name. And I'm like, wow, that is something, definitely, because I should know your name by now. It's for me to ask you your name. So I'm just going to call you, dude and try to find out your name later.
Speaker 2: That's so good.
Speaker 1: But how about that?
Speaker 2: That is funny.
Speaker 1: I could listen to those guys talking for hours. I love it, man, apparently, And we need to hang out of bars because I need a friend.
Speaker 2: You should have Mason here, come on here.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I think he'd tire of us very quickly.
Speaker 2: I think he didn't. Plus, it'd be great initials.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, he would not tolerate Corey.
Speaker 4: He'd hate Corey would hate that, tolerate him. You should see if he'll play this Friday. Corey's gone.
Speaker 1: That's great, boy, Corey's gone. Required So here's my thought though, because they talked a lot, as everybody is right now about Indiana. Totally okay, So we can talk deep in any way you want. But here's my question to you guys, because this is what happens every time at a school like Indiana, Nay, Wisconsin, nay, every other school that is good as a flash in the pan. And I know it's different now, Well, what's more likely A what's the kid's name? The coach signetti Signetti leaves for another school. B that he stays and they become a powerhouse, or see my vote, that he gets a giant deal and stays and in about two years they're back to be in Indiana again.
Speaker 2: I think I think could happen. I mean, I don't think it's back to Indiana.
Speaker 10: I think he's taken it to a level where you can see it being consistently pretty competitive. They're having a special year, and they had a specially year a year ago. Yeah, I don't know, I don't know, if I don't know, if I think it's gonna be really hard for non blue buds, blue blood schools to do that year in Europe. But he's got it rolling right now because of what he does with the portal. I think he's going to stay.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 2: I don't think he's a great candidate. He's a little bit later in his career.
Speaker 10: I think, yeah, I think I think Penn State is going to look for someone that's got some you know, a little bit more longevity in their career still, but he hasn't rolling in the right direction and I and he is the reason why they've returned. I mean his ability not just to go into the portal, but the coaching staff around him, and just his aggressive style. I love this last week. It's it's early in the game and ben excuse me, Beneal like this. They have a player get hurt. You know again, is he really hurty comes on the field and he's yelling at the kid. So this is not in the in the in the broadcast, and he's pretty much yelling at the kid because he's one of their best defenders and he's pretty much saying keep your keep your blank on the field, like you can't get hurt. It's the whole idea, like in the NFL, the guys that make it are the guys that can play hurt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so his week see it every week he's.
Speaker 10: Like, he's pretty much like and so the kids started yelling back. Signetti didn't let up. They got to the sideline, he kept going. And the whole point was like, you can't like twist your ankle and come out for a like we need you down in and down out.
Speaker 2: It just shows you he's a tough son of a gun and this is what he's doing. And so it works. Though it's working big time.
Speaker 1: Right now.
Speaker 2: They're twenty seven and a half point favorites over Michigan.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 10: I mean last week when you just watched college football, every one in the country's saying, thank god we don't play Indiana.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 10: They went into Oregon, guys with a top program in the country, and they were they were the better team.
Speaker 2: It was like, yeah, I was gonna say, I think Freeman gets picked and goes to Penn State from Notre Dame. Signetti goes to Notre Dame. That's what I think.
Speaker 8: Oh, that'd be a nice little shuffle. But I know these contracts mean nothing. But Signetti did sign an eight year extension last year.
Speaker 1: I believe eight years now.
Speaker 4: Man, But if you got fifty million to buy a coach out, you got fifty million to bring a.
Speaker 10: Coache Penn State's got plenty of money. This is I think Penn State proved a couple of things this week. Money is not an object, and it's not an object for a lot of schools because the other the other side of it is like, you're mean they were booing James Franklin within a within a few weeks. I mean that program completely turned on him. There was no going back. And I think the other thing that he shows and Signetti is proving this which is probably the worst thing for most college football coaches, is it's almost not about building the program. It's like build the roster, like what can you do next year? It was but cocky, it was players, and I think now it's becoming coaches. It's like, if I can go grab a Kurtz Signetti and be competitive immediately, why not?
Speaker 1: Ben? What were you going to say?
Speaker 6: Well, I was just going to say I think it refreshing that that in this day and age, we feel like that all of all of football, top down, all of football is we're we're going away from old school mentality. It's new age coaches. It's how to speak to the players. It's it's you know, we kind of have to like change our approach to players. We have a soften our approach to players. We have a soft our approach to the way that we coach them. We got to be so worried about like if we if we alienate them or say the wrong thing, that they're going to hit the transfer portal and.
Speaker 2: All this other stuff.
Speaker 6: It's all about just like coddling these players. Yeah, and here you got this old school coach that doesn't give an S. And it's like, I don't know, Like if I if I had a kid that was good enough to be recruited by one of those programs, as a parent, I'd be like, this is the guy that's going to set you up for life.
Speaker 2: You might have other coaches that.
Speaker 6: Will set you up for an immediate success and yeah, you might have a chance to win a national championship all this stuff of stuff, but like, this guy is gonna treat going to make you a man, not just a football player. And I appreciate that because that was what, you know, that's kind of zonder, that's kind of all of us when you know, playing football back in the day.
Speaker 2: That's what it kind of kind of built. And it was like, it's bigger than that.
Speaker 6: It's bigger than And I get what you're saying, like it is about building the roster and all that stuff, and I think that's one hundred percent true. But if he can pull off both, then I think there's tremendous value in that from just a player standpoint and a program standpoint. And I like that he's no nonsense. I like that he is kind of bold about his comments after games.
Speaker 2: He just doesn't care.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: Entertainment, that's the other thing.
Speaker 6: It's equal parts entertainment still like he's inadvertently I don't think it's intentional, but he's playing the entertainment game all the while doing it his way, and Indiana is letting him do that.
Speaker 1: And I wonder it's working. And I wonder if that's part of the jewel of being an Indian and not being in Pensator right down, they feel so lucky to have you wherever you want to be. It works, and you're making the money you want to make and now you got money coming in from Cuban. Last night, Gersey said that that money from Cuban didn't start coming in until now, so it wasn't like he was the reason. Now there's more money.
Speaker 10: Do you think in the kids want to go play for it? I mean, and so you know what you're getting with Kurt Signetti and think of their quarterback Mendoza. He's a top four portal quarterback. Last year he had lots of options, he chose Indiana and now he's proven it. Like they're saying he's the top pick in the drafts.
Speaker 2: Touchdowns I've never been in right now, it's packed. When we played him, it was half full. Yeah, so it's a whole different area. What about the State Memorial cool?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is it cool? I like him?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I've known a lot of parents that have their kids that go to school there. It is an awesome school. The town is self so cool. I thought.
Speaker 1: Continue went there too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, siicons did. Yeah. I thought what Sigg's doing right now at Indiana great is exactly what Fickle would have done at Wisconsin. But it's completely opposite. The next I was scared, when I'm shocked he's he got hired. I've never been more scared of a higher ever.
Speaker 10: I thought he was perfect and he lost thirty seven zero to Iowa last week. I can't believe he's still everything.
Speaker 2: They couldn't even they could even faded on the broadcast that the students were yelling so loud, fire, fickle at half. What's how bad it was. Fitzgerald goes there, that's a good Yeah, that's a good take. Yeah, I mean he's I think he'd be a great choice.
Speaker 10: It's funny Fitzgerald has a son playing at Northwestern, a son at Iowa. Really yeah, So he's got shooting and he's got one left I believe in high school in Chicago. But he's he's a guy. I felt so bad that all that has happened.
Speaker 6: And then obviously we have to like do the investigation and four to come out that he did nothing wrong.
Speaker 2: It's like, man, he got Franklin for his old squad, got Franklin. Fire.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean north that's the that's but that's the big ten. That's the thing about the Gopher schedule. We when we broke this thing down two months ago, we thought Northwestern was a joke. Northwestern's four and two they've won three straight. Yeah, yeah, so Northwestern scares me. Michigan State can be dangerous, not Wisconsin as much. Right, Oregon's going to be tough. So that's why this week Hawk's gonna see it tomor right, it's must win.
Speaker 2: Can't wait the next I mean this, this stretch of four starting with last week, we need these four.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go. You're right, I'll run through and we got to get to your bet too and find out why you guys put money on this week. But quickly number five, oh miss at number nine Georgia, Well that's.
Speaker 2: The bet, and so lad yeah, Lane Kiffin takes this.
Speaker 10: The guy that we've talked about, Trinidad Chambliss, who's this Division two quarterback, wins the national championship at Farris State. You know, is assuming he's the backup quarterback, he becomes the starting quarterback, and he's one of the guys that's probably fifth in terms of where he could be in terms of getting to the Heisman troph But they go onto the road to Georgia. So I'm digging deep because Ben's just absolutely crushing me.
Speaker 2: Here's what I found.
Speaker 10: I found that in the last ten home games at Georgia when they're favored by more than seven and a half, and right now it's seven and a half.
Speaker 2: That Georgia's three and seven. So that's how that's how desperate I am. And so Ben's looking.
Speaker 10: Ben's taking Georgia minus seven and a half and I'm taking Lane Kiffin on the road to cover plus seven and a half.
Speaker 2: I would takes in the seven and a half point. Are you in Georgia?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 2: Georgia struggles defense a little bit. Yeah, Lane Kiffin's the boss. Yeah, he's such a Yeah.
Speaker 10: Well right now, come back really strong pass offense. They're a little week against the run, and that's where Georgie is strong. So that will probably be the big thing to watch. But this could be a little bit of those SEC track meet that we've seen. I like laying Kiffin and a track over under his fifty four exactly.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: At number eleven Tennessee. At number six Alabama, I think.
Speaker 10: Alabama is going to be in the SEC Championship. They have Ty Simpson right now, who's this quarterback that isn't a portal kid? He kind of grew up in the system, had to wait late to play. Kaylin de Borr has a guy that's running the quarterback position at better than anyone in the country. And so Tennessee is a team that would like to get no track meet. Their wins are those track meet games. I don't think Alabama lets that happen. I think actually Alabama doesn't just win, but they cover the seven and a half.
Speaker 1: One more number twenty, USC at number thirteen.
Speaker 2: Notre Yes, that's I can't believe that's nine and a half.
Speaker 1: I would see.
Speaker 2: That was the other one that Justin had proposed.
Speaker 6: He proposed those two games, the Georgia game in this one, and he did not get down on a knee to do it. But the thing is, the spread is so big on that. I was like, if this was like a six point spread, I would probably take Notre Dame on this one.
Speaker 2: But it's what nine and a half and half?
Speaker 10: Yeah, Notre Dame's got the true freshman quarterbacks c J. Carr, Lloyd Carr's son. He's playing well.
Speaker 2: But you know I didn't know that either. Yeah, he's he's playing well. They can't afford loss.
Speaker 10: If if Notre Dame loses, they're out of the College Football Playoff for toxifying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really, Lincoln Riley's got a good quarterback.
Speaker 11: I like you.
Speaker 2: He has been a little bit up and down.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but I think USC for sure covers. Do they win at Notre Dame? Probably not, but it should be one of the better games. It's a six thirty game, so you'll be watching Alabama role and you'll be watching a really good USC Notre Dame game.
Speaker 2: And in the game that you didn't mention.
Speaker 10: Which is my favorite team right now besides Indiana and the Gophers and college football is number seventeen.
Speaker 1: Dan Vandervelt. Yeah, I love that kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is the funnest thing watching college football. He's gone standing on the side.
Speaker 1: Talks trash to everybody, including the fans.
Speaker 2: Before that. That's amazing.
Speaker 1: He is Brett Farv.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you see Johnny at the game with Johnny was talking. I mean, I think they do. I think l s U is a team with Kelly.
Speaker 1: It's it's actually at which is the easiest place to play in and it used to be.
Speaker 2: Used to be so I L s U. L S has been a little up and down.
Speaker 10: They had that tough loss at Ole Miss, So I just I think there's something really special. Not it's a little bit Indiana ish, but Clark Lee, the the guy that played at Vanderbilt. He's got this program at a high level. Jerry Kills a big part of it. He's his main assistant coach. He's the guy that he brought Diego there. He came from New Mexico State with Diego.
Speaker 1: They didn't mention any of that that television show on Netflix.
Speaker 11: Day.
Speaker 2: Yeah a lot.
Speaker 1: So Jerry is a big part. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think Jerry is almost a little bit of the the man behind the curtains. He's a man behind the curtain. He's the guy with all the experience.
Speaker 10: I think is Feld, you know, giving the head coach a lot of a you know, kind of two during him through it.
Speaker 2: But I like Vanderbilt in this game.
Speaker 10: So Big Games, the SEC SEC is shown this year by far the most depth of the conferences.
Speaker 2: The Big Ten's really struggled.
Speaker 10: The Big Ten for the most part has Ohio State, Indiana, and Oregon and after that's kind of a joke, but.
Speaker 1: We'll probably the best because we have Ohio State there we are. Yeah, I mean that's you know, and I say we like I ever played for anybody, but anyway.
Speaker 2: I am going to the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hell yeah. And I want to say, guys, I got an email from a lady this week who said, in regards to this segment this day, she had never cared ever about college football, and because we like it so much, she started liking it, and now she loves college football.
Speaker 2: So we got to call her.
Speaker 3: That.
Speaker 1: It's all about the enthusiasm and it's fun too.
Speaker 2: It just is man great.
Speaker 1: It's the one sport I wish was longer, and I don't say that about any other sport. I wish college football was a longer.
Speaker 2: Season ends in a month.
Speaker 6: There's nobody worse than a born again college football fans.
Speaker 2: Jesus this. If Notre Dame loses this weekend, Freeman will get fired by that. What way, There's no way. I was a thousand dollars, Tommy, I was in South Bend. If they get three losses this year.
Speaker 4: But they've played it sounds like they lost like they did a couple of years ago to that lost to Miami. Right, they lost to Miami in Texas A and m Yeah, but what was it a couple of years ago?
Speaker 2: They lost him that I last year Illinois, you want it, I'm just doing an easy hundred.
Speaker 10: They're shaking that's like she I can't even let that happens too late.
Speaker 2: It happened, Yes, yes I did. Of the year.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and he's going to be on the they lose this weekend one of the college football season, if they but the whole bet rides on if they lose this weekend.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, that's fine, all right, how I still have that ignites the.
Speaker 2: Bet if they lose, I'm gonna have you. I'm gonna have you, just ven wo Ben, because I will bend so much money right now, it's right. What if I are?
Speaker 1: You're the best? Tommy, see you.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow night, Yes, I will. I will find you during the game.
Speaker 1: All right, right, I will be all right. We're going to do a high B with Jonathan Gernard.
Speaker 11: Time now for the Vikings Report, presented by Hive, the official grocery partner of the Minnesota Vikings. Linebacker Jonathan Grenard joins the Power Trip next.
Speaker 2: Thanks God, Hey.
Speaker 1: Welcome back seven thirty two Thereygo Thomas is out, Fargo is out. Ben's still here. We're gonna do some NASCAR betting a little bit later. Dot Com.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I forgot about that.
Speaker 1: There's so much going on.
Speaker 2: Who are you gonna take you and Ben. Yes, Ben's in.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: I mean you don't feel that.
Speaker 1: We can't feel it, well, you can't feel it?
Speaker 2: Whoa Tommy? Yeah, I'm in. Yeah, Yeah, I'm like. And he likes racing, Yeah he does. Yeah, I like rubbin Yeah and racing.
Speaker 1: Brother talk about it in that order.
Speaker 2: Yep, here comes Tommy again.
Speaker 1: Uh so there's other sports.
Speaker 11: It's time for Fan five on the Power Trip, presented by all Around your Timber Tech deck building Contractor.
Speaker 4: Week's seven of the NFL season starts this night, tonight, to night, this night, this night.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Week seven starts tonight this night. The Bengals are hosts the Steelers at seven point fifteen. That game can be heard right here on the fan. Your Steelers are four and one, the Bengals are two and four, and the Steelers are five and a half point favorites.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I would take the Steelers on that, no doubt. Yeah, I would do they just sorry, the Bengals are a mess.
Speaker 1: How about Tomlin calling out the GM of the Brownside?
Speaker 2: How about that? I love great?
Speaker 1: I know, I know it was so it was so good. I guess you know more than I do. I don't know why you why would you trade a quarterback in division?
Speaker 2: That is weird?
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's like, yeah, I think the catch to all that is like, this is the quarterback that you thought was your guy at the start of the season. This isn't just like you traded away a third at the third string quarterback, Like this was your starter at the start of the year and you're going to trade them away.
Speaker 2: What do you think of Dylan Gabriel. I expected more out of him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't think that they use him because I really thought that they would use him more in a quarterback run game sort of like the like the way that he was used in Kylee a little bit, and they chose not to really use him like that.
Speaker 2: I just think that that's where he's the most dangerous. I mean, why not use that.
Speaker 6: He's got youthful legs, he's quicker, he's a faster guy than you think, and he ripped off a bunch of long runs and he was a kind of a red zone weapon in college because he could use his legs. I just I fully expected a little bit more balance out of them with the ground game with him, and they didn't do it.
Speaker 2: So I don't know. I don't think they're using him to his full capabilities. Did you make your pick and the survivor?
Speaker 10: I did?
Speaker 2: Okay? Perfect? I just want to make sure I can't remember. It doesn't matter. Well, know when twenty five Kansas City this week, I.
Speaker 4: Cry and I did not? Okay, I thought something. I actually put some thought into it, which is amazing.
Speaker 1: Are you saying I didn't?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I think you did.
Speaker 1: But Ken City's a good pick for me this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're like thirteen and a half point favorites. Zacho.
Speaker 4: The Wild battle the Capitals tomorrow at six o'clock. The Capitals are three and one year Wild or two and two. That game could be heard right here. I would guess on Cool one eight that's correct.
Speaker 9: Yeah and yeah the Wild uh looking to figure out how to put sixty minutes together. They they played very good in the third period in Dallas but came up short the Capitals. They beat the Capitals in Washington last year, so hopefully a similar result tomorrow night as Matt Boldie in the Wild take on Washington and Alexandro Vetchen that's that's a hockey player.
Speaker 2: What's been going on with the five on five games?
Speaker 9: Echo, it's the craziest thing, Max, because yeah, like the last nine goals that the Wild have scored have been on the power play. They have been not been doing anything in the five on five in terms of scoring. But the good news is the analytics nerds say that they're they should have. I think the expected goals was like four point eight. So they're overachieving in the power play, underachieving on the five on five. So hopefully that balances out and they start scoring five Because he can't rely on the power play to do all your scoring, well said.
Speaker 2: He said that, right, Maxo.
Speaker 4: Your Wolves open their season six days from today when they battle the Portland Trail Blazers at ninety pm. The Wolves are two and a half point favorites.
Speaker 2: Let's go. It's finals are bust? Right?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, yeah, I mean it's a it's a season where I mean we thought so last season, but even more so this season. You have a lot of expectations, maybe the most expectations ever for a team entering the season in Timberwolves franchise history. You went to back to back Western Conference Finals. You had back to back just absolute stinkers in Western Conference Finals, I mean, winning two games in those two series.
Speaker 2: Combined, I believe.
Speaker 8: So it's it's been a disappointing end of the last two seasons, but yeah, they're coming in with a whole different set of expectations. Anthony Edwards, We've been having the discussion for the last couple of years. Is he gonna be When's he going to be? The face that he is? One of the faces of the NBA at this point, like I see billboards of Anthony Edwards in other countries now at this point, people know who he is. And with Lebron on his way out, Steph Curry, you know, you would like to think, I mean, I'd like to think, but you think he's on his way out as well. Anthony Edwards is one of those guys. He's got that magnetic personality. So there's a lot of expectations on him. I think a lot of people are expecting him to have an MVP like season and he's gonna need to up his game. Everybody's gonna need to up their game because there is no significant roster addition.
Speaker 1: That's what I was gonna ask that we didn't do anything except for get another year.
Speaker 2: Older, right, Yeah, basically, I mean they didn't really add anybody. They drafted. Well, we don't know.
Speaker 8: I mean, Chris Finch has a notoriously short lineup, so I doubt we're going to see Jean Be.
Speaker 2: On the court anytime soon.
Speaker 8: But I mean, the the best part, I guess he's kind of an addition because he didn't get to play too much last year as Terrence Shannon Junior is going to get a lot of run in this lineup with Niki Alexander Walker gone, So Terren Shannon Junior. He was absolutely a spark plug in that Western Conference finals when he got in. I think even against the against the Lakers as well, he was just been He's been amazing. He's all gased, no breaks, So I'm excited to see him. He's a six Man of the Year.
Speaker 2: Kind of guy.
Speaker 8: Having him as red Yeah, Oh. He dives for every single ball he's taken into the lane. He's not one of those guys that's gonna jack up aarant threes. He's he's taken it to the lane every single time, and we and we need that. I'm worried about the point guard position. I love, I love me some Mike Conley, but obviously he's probably not the starting point guard on a team that's gonna win an NBA Finals, So hopefully maybe maybe Dante will start. I trust Chris Finch to figure it out. But yeah, it's a it's a season with pretty lofty expectations, Saucy.
Speaker 4: And they're bringing in uh Ant's former college head coach, Tom Crean will be part.
Speaker 2: Of the pre and postgame Shaw that's pretty's great. Yeah, and how about the fact.
Speaker 6: That there they added Ashley Strolane care wowy. And the weird thing is she's based out of Charlotte and she and I have worked college football together. So I could not believe when she texted me to tell me that she's like, I'm working for the Timberwolves this year.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what is going on here? So, yeah, that give give her a follow.
Speaker 6: She's she's super cool gal, and then you know, we need to have her on the Power Trip at some point in time to just kind of talk about her involvement with with the Timberwolves this year. But it sounds like it's give me a lot of a lot of the away games. She told me that she's only really going to be in town. I think for like two two series there's two games or something like that.
Speaker 2: The whole year.
Speaker 6: But she's basically going to be on the road with the Wolves the whole time. So anyway, shake up, shake up in the broadcast area as well. But I will say this there, Maxo, I look back. Your fro is looking really good.
Speaker 2: Right, thank you.
Speaker 3: I got it.
Speaker 8: I got a new leave in conditioner. You know, I think I think it's I think it's affecting the volume of it.
Speaker 1: You know, it's like it's like.
Speaker 2: An afro topiary. It looks very I'm gonna coin that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's like it's it's very you like, full and symmetrical and clean looking looks Hans, how's my grade?
Speaker 4: Well, well, stand up for Tommy's infected all of you. He's let's see here we got we know we've got a much of Viking stuff.
Speaker 2: But uh yeah.
Speaker 4: The Blue Jays and Mariners are now. The series is two to one in the favor of the Mariners. Game three of the Brewers Dodgers is today at five o eight. The Dodgers lead that series two to nothing. They've lost one game all playoffs.
Speaker 1: We'll talk, I should say, well, listen to O'Connell koc himself, KO talk about Blake Brindell and Christian Darsaw and the quarterbacks. We'll listen to both the quarterbacks talk about themselves and Vikings as we come back with Ben Leber, Howdrey Marshall the fan.
Speaker 2: Mark your calendars.
Speaker 9: Boston Punk Legends, Drop Kick Murphy's are set to hit the Palace Theater on March sixth. Don't miss out. Tickets drop tomorrow at ten a m. It's full details now KF and dot com cured calendar.
Speaker 2: Here we are.
Speaker 1: Lots to get to in the last few uh power and thirteen minutes of this wonderful little radio show. Thanks for tuning in, Ben, Thanks for coming in. Good to see your face.
Speaker 2: Always good to see you, no problem.
Speaker 1: I know you're very, very excited about Sunday Sunday Sundays on the.
Speaker 2: Power Trip presented.
Speaker 1: By Thank your Accessory First Story. I guess most people listening out there, even if so just casual Vikings fans, haven't been able to get away from the question, the question, who's going to be your quarterback on Sunday question? And of course we got a lot of answers in my opinion, Yes, sir, I want to get your opinion on this, Ben, But first let's listen to coach ko ce ko uh updates on Carson Wentz's shoulder situation. Ko, could you talk.
Speaker 3: He got some good work in Monday, at least feeling feeling positive from a from a health standpoint to go through and throw as if you know there he you know, took a normal amount of throws. There wasn't any throw he didn't take because of it. But there's a layer of working through it. Even though it's his non throwing shoulder. For sure.
Speaker 1: He is the example exactly what we were talking about with Fargo a little bit earlier about that coach in Indiana yelling tight kid on the field, are you hurt or are you injured?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: Right, because I will never forget this is a moment I'll never forget.
Speaker 4: Ben.
Speaker 1: I was on the air with Muss during halftime. He says, who's going to be your quarterback? I look down on the field and Brosmer's throwing, and I say, well, Brosmer's warming up right now, and out of the like Superman with no helmet on, running at full speed out of the tunnel comes Carson Wentz. He picks up the Bonstar's thort and I'm like.
Speaker 3: Whoa, whoa?
Speaker 2: It's gonna be Carson. He's back.
Speaker 1: I felt like I was doing WWE.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 6: I was obviously a little worried because because I saw him run off to the sideline, I'm like, oh boy, what is going on here?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: No, he's tough, tough dude, and I think everybody appreciates the way that he plays and the way that he played that game, especially in London. I mean, every time he scrambled, I mean he was he was not he was not laying down, he was not sliding though. I mean he was taking it to every defender that was trying to tackle him, and that's probably the part of the reason why he banged up that left shoulder. But yeah, I'm I'm as intrigued as you guys are about what's going to happen on Sunday and who's going to get either introduced or who's going to be out there for the first year as on offense, because we just don't really know yet.
Speaker 1: Your gut telling you it's wentz like minus yes, yeah, same, Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean I think that's that's kind of where things trending. That's the verbiage and the calculated phrases and what they're trying to say without saying. It makes me think that the more that they talk about, the more that they're leaning towards Carson Wentz.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Speaking of Wentz not sliding down, he addressed that yesterday, it's.
Speaker 2: Definitely something you think about.
Speaker 5: It's just in the heat of the moment, how do you think, how does your mind work? What instincts take over? And so it's always something I come back and watch the film, it's like, that's probably dumb. I gotta I gotta be better, I gotta learn. I hate but I've been saying that's myself for ten years now.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't doubt that a bit.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, let's go back to if I if I recall the exact play that he tore his acl he was lunging into the end zone.
Speaker 2: He was trying to bulldoze his way into the end zone and his and his knee gave out. So like, yeah, so it's weak sixteen something, nothing going on exactly.
Speaker 6: I mean, he you know, he basically derailed his career just because of his aggressive style.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Rusie, Wow, But I love it.
Speaker 6: I Mean I think the thing is like, it's, yes, it sucks because his career took a different path because of all that. But I think that you know, look, we all you you should be working your job to gain the respect of your peers, right, no matter what I mean, no matter what job you're working, like you you should be doing it too to gain respect. And I'm going to guess that he gained. He gains a lot of respect from the guys in locker room for the way that he plays the game.
Speaker 1: Injuries. I'm sorry, go ahead, I think he's correct. Speaking of injuries. Iboy was wondering how JJ McCarthy's ankle's doing, and he said this yesterday, akl is you know it's it's getting there.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't say it's one hundred percent right now, but you know we're striving every day to get there as fast as possible.
Speaker 7: So then he's not going to play no, right, I mean that's no, right, no, because and that was yesterday, yeah, yeah, And all we heard the whole time leading up to this this moment was from koc saying we got to have him out there getting every single rep for the week, like the whole week of practice.
Speaker 6: And if he's still saying that he's going through and he's still just going with the process, the rehab process and all this stuff. That means that he's not taking every single rep in practice. And so if that's the case where they are sort of splitting reps, because they did talk about that as well, they're splitting reps, then who are you going to trust more in a situation like that, A veteran or a first year starter that can handle not getting every rep going into a game this, then you trust the start.
Speaker 2: You trust the veteran. Quick question. If you play on a short week, what do they practice once?
Speaker 6: I mean, they'll practice a couple of times, but you know it's not going to be full speed. You know it's going to be mental. We usually try to pair down the playbook just a little bit. Obviously, you want to you wanta game plan for the team that you're playing in this in this case it's the Chargers, which is not going to be an easy game. But yeah, I mean, I think the theory is probably gonna hold true. If if it's Carson Wentz this weekend, it'll be Carson Wentz on Thursday night. And then you're hoping after that baby bye week that that's that's when you finally let JJ sort of like get back out there to take over and just see what you've got at Detroit.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, yes, So you know, here's an interesting story outside of injuries and all the negativity and the question marks. How about the development of our brand new center, Blake Brandell. Here's the coach talking abot Blake.
Speaker 3: Any of the unknowns of just the experience of running the show and kind of being in charge out there as a center where quickly answered in a really positive way. So I thought he was big, strong, handled the communication really well against a really good defense, and he's gonna, you know, get the opportunity to get work this week. Jergs is back as well, and we'll go with the best five we can.
Speaker 1: I think it'll be Blake, don't you think so? Don't you do? I mean, how often does something like that happen? I mean it's not just that he was a backup who's going to be a starter now, But he wasn't a backup center. He was a backup guard tackle, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He's literally played every position on the line.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you know that was the big storyline going is, like, you know, we know that he's we know that he's talented enough and trustworthy enough to play any position on the line. But he's never started, He's never played center. You know, that's just not his position. And you know we all know that what it takes to be a center. You're not just You're not just a guard that can slide over and play that position. You have to mentally be another quarterback on the field. I mean, when you see the number that the number of notes that when in my time, like a John Sullivan or a Matt Burke would take for a game plan versus the notes that the other offensive alignment take, it's it's double the amount. I mean, you you have to have you have to be so cerebral about the defensive alignments on you know, on the line of scrimmage. You have to know where the safeties are, you have to know where the second level defenders are, like, you have to see the field as a quarterback would, so you can make all of the calls and be alert to maybe what the quarterback is thinking and what the other checks are, so you know to do that and handle the physical aspect of it.
Speaker 2: I mean is I mean, thank god we got a guy like Blake Brandell.
Speaker 1: It really is the quarterback of the offensive life. Yes, well that's pretty cool. So yeah, we'll break a little bit earlier. But I just real quick, give me your your I guess, final thoughts almost what your feelings are about this game against SAQUONU the Eagles.
Speaker 6: Well, it's I hope it's one of those bloody, those bloody games, bloody or nose type of games, because that's the approach that Eagles are taking. I mean they so at this point in the season, typically they take the shoulder pads off and they have nothing but upper practices. You know, they're they're not full pads, they're not full speed. And they did that last week, and they did that last year about about the same time and it worked out for them. But last week was the first week where they they kind of did like more of a walkthrough tempo on Wednesday and they got their asses kicked and the coat the players went to the coach and said, we're putting the pads back on. Wow, you know we we feel like our mentality is not where it needs to be. So they had a full padded physical practice yesterday and everybody's saying that this whole game, this whole new approach is about being nasty and they said, you know, we've got to be the first team to punch.
Speaker 2: So I expect we are.
Speaker 6: Going to get a rowdy, physical, nasty ass Philadelphia Eagles team going back to sort of their roots on the road against US at noon. And I hope to goodness that we are physically ready because typically coming out of a bye.
Speaker 2: Week, you're not.
Speaker 6: Yeah, bye weeks are slow, especially with the long trip they had. Especially the long trip coach gave them the whole week off. Now guys stayed back and rehabbed, and we know that McCarthy was thrown with Addison and all this other stuff. Some guys stick around, but you're not as sharp. So these boys better come out the gate at noon and be ready to go. Because it sounds like the Eagles are already ready to play this game today. So their offensive corder's taking a lot of flak. He's getting hit for a lack of flexibility, predictable offense, not running Saquon enough, not being physical at the offensive line. So I expect them to run the football, be physical, do whatever they can to win the line of scrimmage. Even though their offensive defensive line are banged up and they lack a pass rush they're coming in here to kick our teeth in, so we better be ready.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: This would be a good win if we can find out what this. I don't care how good or bad they are, this would be a good win for us.
Speaker 2: Ye great, standy really would.
Speaker 1: Let's hope we can pull it off. Thank you, Ben, We'll break, we'll come right back. We're gonna bet on NASCAR, and we'll talk more football with dot Com, Tom Pellis, Sarah. Thanks to our friends at Bell Banking about eight twenty so stick around Potterchip Morning Show right for this on the fan f