Speaker 1: Back on the Big One, seven hundred W l W twelve o eight on this beautiful Friday afternoon. A few showers moving through, but the sun is coming out in some places, and it is it feels like a spring day out there, Dan Carolyn for Bill Cunningham. So much going on in the city right now, and that's why I've asked Chris Smitheman to be here to weigh in on almost all. I don't know if we have enough time to cover all of it, but Chris Smith Bean, Happy New Year to you. Welcome to seven hundred WLW. It is absolutely amazing all the wheels and all the irons that are in the fire right now as it relates to what's going on in the city of Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: No, I agree, And let's just be clear to your listening audience. You know, when you asked me to come on a lot of the stuff that we're talking about, whether.
Speaker 1: He yeah, happening. Yeah, it seems like it.
Speaker 2: It's really happenstance that.
Speaker 1: Was like that was like Monday and Tuesday this week, and it seems like all that stuff happened years ago. I mean, you know, it was the mayor who came out during his inauguration and told the people of Cincinnati, has said, look, if you want public safety, we're gonna need you to dig a little bit deeper. We're gonna we're gonna need some more money for that. Since then, we've had people at city Hall complaining about the cameras that were supposed to be installed lights and cameras at a West End park where another eleven year old girl was killed. Charlie Luken is in the Inquiry today saying, hey, it's time to spend some of that money for the railroad. We've got reports now that the investigation into the police chief Teresa Thig has found absolutely nothing. So that's another multi million dollar settlement that was in the works. We had protesters on the streets of Cincinnati last night, maybe hoping to cash in like the those who are part of the eight point one million dollar settlement for those who were on the streets protesting and committing crimes during the George Floyd riots. And then Chris Smitheman last night, we have the specter of Ken Kober coming out and talking about an informant that he has a at City Hall has told him that the city manager, Cheryl Long is engaging in negotiations with the family of Rodney Hinton, and they want to engage in another multi million dollar settlement with the family of Rodney Hinton, of course, who was locked up right now claiming insanity for him driving over and mowing down Sheriff's deputy Larry Henderson. I mean the notion that, and we talked about this when the settlement came out. I said, the message has gone forth from Cincinnati the crime pays here and if we pay, if the city pays a multi million dollar settlement to the family of Rodney Hinton, are we doubling down on that message that Look, here's a guy who is going to stand trial for killing a law enforcement officer and his family is going to reap millions from the city of Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: I think we are first.
Speaker 2: My my condolences always go out, you know, and yours too. I'm sure when we have loss of life. So whether it's you know, what happened with the ice officer, what happened in the Hint and family, Hey, it's loss of life, life, and we're sensitive to the family. However, it does not take away the accountability that someone had an automobile trying to run over an ice agent and when you do that, that car becomes a weapon, and that means you can be shot and lose your life. The same scenario playing out when you have a gun, stolen vehicle running turn weapon. It is a it is a combination of disaster for that officer, and it was a justified shooting. And so I agree with you that my heart goes out for the family to the young man who made a series of terrible decisions. I pray that this city is not positioning itself. The problem with that prayer is I think the president is probably right, President Coober that that there are discussions for some type of settlement with the family, which really just doesn't make any sense. You had a litany of things that you asked me. The A point one million dollars of served should never have happened, you know, dealing with a chief Fiji, what a great police chief, a colonel. I worked with her as the former vice mayor chair of Law and Public Safety. It's not about always agreeing with the professional right. The point is how they treated her and their conduct absolutely unacceptable. And you are absolutely right there's going to be a huge settlement, Dan Carroll, how they're treating how they treated Chief Washington, the fire chief. That's another big settlement that's coming. I think it's going to be three to five million dollars for him and his termination. You know, the tax increase is not about police to your listening audience. This is about the operation of the street car. This is about them doing affordable housing. It's about all these other things. And what they're trying to use is use police officers to pit people like me who support law enforcement against them saying that they want to increase taxes. So when they make the move to increase taxes, and this is really important to detail, and they pass it emergency, they make it difficult for anyone to petition their government to say hey, I don't want you to taxes. So there are a lot of moves that they're trying to make. And on Monday, every member of Council has to vote their conscience. They do not have to vote for executive session. So there could be members of Council saying, hey, I think if we're actually in negotiations with the Hinton family, the taxpayers of Cincinnati deserve to know that. As a matter of fact, anybody who's paying taxes, those who live in the region who are working for proper gatable but lift somewhere else, but they're paying into the city's taxes. All of us should be able to be You should be able to Dan Carroll be able to hear that conversation. Members of Council should not go into executive session on Monday with the city manager to discuss this. You should be all in the public for everybody to hear.
Speaker 1: Very important, and it's not only the message that goes out to the public, but it's also the message that goes out to law enforcement, and not just Cincinnati police but Hamilton County Sriff's deputies. I mean, one of their own was killed in this incident. And when you talk about.
Speaker 2: My heart, let me let me let me let me stop you. I made a mistake. Let me know I made a mistake. Let me deeply extend my condolences. Also to the sheriff who was out there doing traffic control at a UC graduation and the father run him down in cold blood. I am so sorry for their lass. So I've apologize for interrupting you, but carry on on.
Speaker 1: I had Ken Coberan last night and he reached out and had the liaison from the Hamilton County sharaff deputy who was in that position immediately after this this incident happened, and he said, look, I need to tell the family this before this gets out in the public. And it just imagined the dismay of that family who thinks that, you know, we live in a society where you know, the only reason he was mowed down is because he had that uniform on and he was standing there doing his job, and for he had absolutely nothing to do with this, with this situation. And now this is this is an absolute disgrace. It's a slap in the face to law enforcement, to the Hamilton County Sheriff's deputy. And I would say, Chris smitheman to law enforcement all across the Tristate.
Speaker 2: Now I will agree with you. And let me say something pointed. We just had an election on November fourth of twenty twenty five, and voters voted for this mayor overwhelmingly and voted for this council overwhelmingly. We have fifty two neighborhoods and it didn't matter where you were except for Sailor Park, Saddamsville, parts of price Ville, parts of Westwood overwhelmingly voted for this. So elections have consequences. And for the twenty five percent or twenty three percent that showed up, right, So just for basic maths, we've got seventy five percent that didn't show up. And so those who are talking and didn't show up that were registered voters, they also are responsible for these outcomes. We've got to learn, man, that elections are serious, that you've got to show up and participate. Because I would say out of this day one hundred and sixty thousand people that didn't vote, there's at least thirty or forty thousand of them that share the like minded that you and I have about law enforcement, but they didn't show up and participated in that local election. So I hope they don't do that in the midterm elections, which are incredibly important coming up in this November. We have a gubernatorial race. We've got Judge Winkler on the ballot, We've got Leah Dincin on the ballot in the Hamilton County Common Police Court. We've got some serious elections coming up, and I just hope voters come out. They're looking at these situations and they say, well, what do I need to do about it? You got to register your people to vote. My daughter's going off to college. I'm going to make sure she comes home to vote. You're not going to register where you're going to college, honey, You're coming home and you're participating on the home front. This is where you're going to cast or a vote in twenty twenty six, and I'll be working and educating my daughter on how to vote in that election. We're not going down there voting for law. We're voting for law and order in our county, in our city. For those six thousand or seven thousand peace officers across the United States of America. Our military personnel got a son who just came home a year year and a half ago from serving four years in the military. It matters. And to see those National Guard members shot one kill other shot in the head. I understand that he's coming out of it, but he was almost murdered right in the street. To have people marching downtown, Dan Carroll for what occurred. They are disconnected from a person. Look, she tried to run down an ice officer. These are split second decisions that people are making. If you try to kill an officer and expect for them to defend their life, Dan Carroll, and I just don't understand why we're in this society where accountability is lost. I was a parent, you're a parent. I mean raising young children. The reality of it is, there used to be a time where the teacher would call, hey, your son or your daughter did this. I'm siding with the teacher and the administration right now. Man, We've got people showing up to the schools. They want no accountability for these accountability for these children, and we're seeing the results of it every day in our streets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, Chris, I don't know what they were channing on the streets of downtown Cincinnati last night, but I know there was a sizeable demonstration. There's some question about whether or not they had a permit in order to block streets the way they were doing. But in any case, in some of the other cities, I heard chanting where they were talking about how they openly support Hamas. They were talking about how Christina, the head of Homeland Security, must be taken out and hanged. They were talking about how ice officers must be killed. So these individuals who are on the streets of Cincinnati, I don't know if they were using that exact same chance, but they are of the same mindset, and they are in league with other individuals who are talking openly now about supporting terrorist organizations and calling for the execution of those who are doing nothing more than doing their job and exercising the policies and the laws that are in place in this country. I mean, what kind of lesson is that for young people who are looking at this from the sidelines and saying, just because you have a disagreement with a policy of your government, is this the way you're supposed to go out and act? Is this the kind of the kind of action that you're supposed to be. It's one thing to go out and protest. I mean, look, First Amendment, protest all day long. But to call for executions and call for ICE agents to be killed, I think that might be crossing the line.
Speaker 2: It's insane. And you know what frustrates me. A eleven year old girl shot in the West End on a playground doing what she was supposed to do, being a little girl on a playground, murdered, no suspects, and the reality of it was city Hall in the mayor and the manager failed because they were asked to have cameras and lights in this area and failed to do it right. And so they're marching downtown for ice and for somebody maybe they didn't even know, right, but nobody's marching for that little girl. Nobody's marching and demanding black lives matter. The mural that's in front of city Hall. They seem to not care where it matters. We can't have the apathy where eleven year old girls are being slaughtered in our street and didn't see a march like this downtown with so much energy. And now one word said about that little girl who was murdered on that playground a week ago and nothing about that. See, that's the part. That's the disconnect that I have with the Democrats, right, They're always focused on the wrong thing. You're saying black lives matter. If that's what your positions are, I want to see it with your actions. Where was that march for that little girl, demanding from the community, whoever killed her? We want to catch you. We're gonna put money behind behind it. We're gonna find it. And by the way, hey mayor, hey members of council, you fail to have cameras there. The community asked you to have cameras there and you didn't the last point about the little girl who was murdered. The West End overwhelmingly voted for this mayor and this council. So, by the way, the elections have consequences, Dan Carroll, here's what I want to have happened. I want to see you get your own show. I want to be an advocate. I love hearing you on the radio right so the minute the people that are there who make the decision that seven hundred wow, we want to see Dan Carroll with more time. Who are who are? He's shocking the conscious. I'm did serious about this. We've got to have people on the radio who can speak directly to these kind of issues. And you're one of those guys that do what. I want to see you with your own show. Every day I turn my radio on and I can find and listen to common sense.
Speaker 1: Well, Chrismathervan, before I let you go, let me get your comments on what Charlie Luken had to say to the Inquirer this morning. You know that Charlie Luken's there and a nice picture of Charlie Luke. I mean he must be taking some bills or something, because this guy is not aging. He's looking at me. He's looking pretty good. One point six billion dollars. Chris Smitherman, You and I talked multiple times about this railroad settlement as it was progressing through. They've they passed it, they got it done. The money is starting to come in now and Charlie looking is saying, hey, you've got this money, it's time to spend it. He says, I'm driving around. It's like, you know, like a roller coaster, right, I'm bumping and bouncing around all over the place, and he says, let's get some of this money spent. So how does this happen? How do politicians have a pot full of money but yet they're moving very slowly when it comes to spending that money.
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, I've got a lot of respect for Charlie Luken, a blue dog Democrat. It's hard to find him, right John Cramley, than the Charlie Lookan and the Tom Luken's that an age right, But the reality of it is is he's here's what, here's what Charlie is sitting the message. Charlie Lucan sits on that board or did sit on that board, and he's saying Listen, I have a brand. You put my reputation behind this, right, and I can see that you're being irresponsible. So this is a big step for him to come out in the public and say, listen, the money is here. This mayor and this council they don't have their act together to actually spend the money and make sure that we're fixing the potholes. Don't call me. The money is here, So he is, he is. He is signaling to all of us, hey, the money is here, but this mayor and this council, they don't have their act together. I believe Charlie Lucan, just like I believe Signal ninety nine, just like I believe President ken Kober that all the things that they're putting out in the public, that there's negotiation that's happening. There's going to be executive session on Monday. That's really real. The eight point one million that you talked about really did happen. The little girl was murdered. There is no response from that. Fiji is going to get matter of fact. Frost, Brown and Todd, if you're listening, thank you for having the integrity to say there's nothing here under the hood. I mean This is a woman that gave us thirty five years of her life. There is not one blemish in her dog, one record for Fiji. And absolutely they're going to pay her some millions of dollars for their reckless termination of her. Matter way, they're still paying her. They're still paying her right now. She's on the payroll. The question is going to be how are they going to deal with it? And Frost Brown and Todd, Dan Carroll couldn't find anything.
Speaker 1: They couldn't find one thing on it. Not a thing. We could do the whole three hours today about what's happening.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I'll be listening to your show. And what I hope people do is they call your show and engage. I love hearing from callers like giving us responses and feedback so I know I'm not out here alone and I'm not losing my dog of mine. People can find me at vote Smithman on X. Thank you Dan Carroll for the opportunity.
Speaker 1: Brother at vote Smithman on the EX. Chris Smithman, you're the best, the one time vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati. Thanks for the time today. Keep up the good work and we'll be talking again before too long.
Speaker 2: Thank you sir.
Speaker 1: All Right, there you go. Chris Smithman. Always great to have him on. Dan Carroll in for Bill cunning in seven hundred WLW, seven hundred WLW. I'm Dan Carroll, Glad to be here, Glad you are here as well. Always glad to welcome in my next guest. You know, one of the things I talk about a lot behind this microphone is media of the national media and how things are covered by the national media. I have a lot of criticism, and I think it's criticism that's well earned because I spend so much time in television and radio and I've got a pretty good idea how things work behind the scenes. And there's one place you can go to get all the coverage of what is happening in national media, and that is NewsBusters dot Org MRC. And Curtis Holk is the managing editor there, and I've had them on a lot, but I think this is the first time we've had a chance to talk in twenty twenty six and Curtis hol Happy New Year and welcome back to seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: Happy New Year, dang, could to be with you, Good to be.
Speaker 1: With you as well. Give me and first of all before we do anything. I always like to give credit where credit is due because I am I am very critical of the NBC's of the world, the ABC's, the CBS's, the CNNs and all the rest of it. New York Times, the LA Times, all that stuff. But when something happens that deserves credit, I want to give credit. And NBC News the day after the day of the incident in Minneapolis where the Ice agent unfortunately had to shoot and kill that woman, Tom Lomas, and they had an analyst there and they did a segment that was honest, a segment that was forthright, and they analyzed frame by frame the video from that scene, and they did an on I thought they did a very honest and straightforward assessment of that. So I want to give credit, especially to Tom Lomas. I mean, this guy, when he was making his bones, he was covering the Trump campaign. You could always count on him being a reliable Trump basher, a reliable tool for the left to get the word of the agenda out there as best he could. But in this instance, they did an honest analysis of that video frame by frame, and so at least starting off this conversation, I want to give them credit for that.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, it's interesting to see the pivot in the media that Yamas has been running a semi decent newscast, a pretty decent newscast since he took over for Lester Halt, and with what's going on at CBS with Barry Wise and Tony Dakoppel, we could be looking at a situation where two of the three network evening newscasts aren't completely like unhinged liberal tears, liberal anger, gnashing of teeth. But the reason that segment, I'll just say real quick, is really good is because Tom Winner is the law enforcement reporter there. It was almost like a football play, you know, bringing it frame by frame, kind of circling things, kind of pointing things out.
Speaker 3: And he also did a good thing, damn by saying.
Speaker 4: Basically talking about what they know and what they don't know. And it's not weakness on the part of the news media that if something is unclear, like we none of us know what the woman was saying to these ice officers and the moments before, if anything, but that's something that we may want to know. It may enhance the picture of what happened the other day. And you know, I think the media so often want to reach a certain conclusion that fulfills their preset biases that they're not willing to step back and just be like, Okay, well we know this, but we don't know this. And that's really where we've run into a problem with trust in the media.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and if you are one of those that gets your main information, your main source of information is let's say ABC News or let's say the Associated Press, the only thing you really know about this is that a woman who was minding her own business was gunned down by a bloodthirsty ice agent at the direction of Donald Trump. That's pretty much and maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit, Curtis out, but that's pretty much the message that they wanted to get out there within their initial reporting of this.
Speaker 5: Le Meir.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they ap headline here quote woman killed by ice agent in Minneapolis was a mother of three poets and new to the city.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh wow, Oh.
Speaker 4: Very stunning stuff. But I mean, I think multiple things can be true here. I mean, this thing was a tragedy. This woman clearly, I mean, it was clear. The Vice president was absolutely right that she was radicalized by the left. Maggie Vespa the NBC News went out on the Today Show this morning and said that the Vice president's claims about her being a radical leftist were without evidence, without evidence, I mean, absolutely insane. But it does a disservice to the facts of the case and her as well. And unfortunately this has all been a result of the culture of harassment.
Speaker 3: Scott Jennings the other day he.
Speaker 4: Talked about this being a deadly consequence of political vigilanteism, you know, and the difference between observe and obstruct law enforcement and calling law enforcement gestapo. But I think the key here is that this is going to be found likely to be awful but legal. Tom Winner also said that earlier in the day of the NBC's coverage in the moments thereafter, and that's okay, but that kind of nuanced dand is not allowed on CNN and MS. Now it's Trump administration, ice, bad, evil, stupid, Jacob Frid.
Speaker 1: Tim Wall's good, you know. I mean, it's a very.
Speaker 4: Black and white world for these people, and it's hyperbolic, and it does the country no.
Speaker 1: Good well, and there's no condemnation of the really the hateful and the violent and deviceive rhetoric that comes from the left you know, there were demonstrations in multiple cities across the United States last night Curtis out including here in Cincinnati, And I saw video today of these individuals in Queens, New York. They were chanting that we support Hamas in other cities across the country, they were talking about taking out the head of Homeland Security, Christy nom and hanging ar, talking about killing ICE agents and things like that. Where's the national network reporting on that sort of hateful rhetoric.
Speaker 4: It has not been really anywhere. I mean, the only thing I've seen is last night, Tony D. Koppel interviewed the mayor of Minneapolis, Jacob Frye, and he pointed out to him that, you know, you've got protesters in the streets saying things like Nazis go home.
Speaker 1: How are you helping the situation calm down?
Speaker 4: And Fry's answer said, well, I appreciate that we and Minneapolis are all about seeing with one accord, like excuse me. You know you have Tim Walls out there channeling his democratic forefathers by talking about mobilizing the National Guard like during the Civil Rights movement or something like that. You know, and we this all comes to it's we're talking about the Somali community and the Somalis. Oh my gosh, they built the city. As Peggy Flanning in, the Lieutenant Governor and others have said, it's such a disgusting and inhumane view of people when they're criminals, or in some cases, as Tom Hollman has talked about, they're victims of these leftist kind of slave masters, thinking that they rule over everyone.
Speaker 1: You know, Curtis, I think about this, and I go back and I look at a headline that was posted from the Associated Press when this incident happened. And here's the here's the headline from the Associated Press. The killing of a nursing student out for a run highlights the fears of solo female athletes. So and and this corresponds with a text I saw on X and the individual said, you know, if this woman in Minneapolis had been killed by an illegal alien, we wouldn't be going through all these changes that we're going through right now here in the enemy or the debate on this, there would be there would be no outrage at all.
Speaker 4: None, none, whatsoever. I mean, I mean that's the thing too. I mean, Jacob Fries come out and he took a question this morning at a press conference, saying, well, you know, people don't like my rhetoric or whatever, like, oh so what I used a bunch of f bombs. So I'm saying all these things. But you know, this woman is dead. Yes, Mayor Fry, Joscelyn Nungray, and Rachel Morin are unavailable to comment about whether your policy about not allowing ICE to go into city jails to get out illegal immigrants with ICE detainers is a good bad policy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. You know, we spent so much time wondering if the media is ever going to change. And I had a guest on my show last night, a guy named Steve Oldfield. I used to work with him. He was a he was a movie critic for many years. Now he's he's doing his own documentaries. He's a professor at Thomas Moore University here in Northernentucky. And he he saw Perilous. He he did a documentary about Nick Sandon. You may remember Nick Samon, the Covington kid, And you know he was the one that was the initial reporting came out that well, he was at the Washington Monument or Lincoln Monument, and he was standing in the face of this you know, this this Indian dude who was just trying to you know, the guy was being very disrespectful. He had a mega hat on and of course he was a Trump supporter, so the media rushed to judgment on this kid just told very false and defamatory things about him, and he wound up with a multi million dollar settlement against against CNN that may have been in the hundreds of millions of dollars. And he was saying that he was seeing parallels between that coverage and the coverage that surrounded this incident in Minneapolis, and he's seeing some parallels there, and and and the question I have about that is, you know, I think there was some soul searching from from media local end about the way they rolled this story out and how quickly they were putting that false narrative out there, because and I think the same element drives that coverage as the coverage we're seeing on this is that if this approves to the negative for Trump, then we are going to go ahead and put it out there, and ethics be damned, damn the torpedoes, We're going to put it out there. And if it hurts Trump, that is, you know, we'll deal with the fallout later and clean up the mess later. And I think we're seeing the same sort of thing then, as we're seeing.
Speaker 4: That too often the national news media and unfortunately some local folks as well, are have to frame every news story through a Trump angle? Does this benefit Trump? Can we work Trump into the story somehow or not? You know, I don't understand why they continue down this path considering how much fatigue I can pretty much guarantee there is. I know that Paul Farkeey, a former Washington Post media reporter, has been trying to get some anti Trump book published, and he shared on social media the other day that like, publishers are basically like, yeah, we've reached a point of saturation with these Trump books. Nobody's really buying them. So you wonder if you're going to hit that point in news as well. I mean, it's very disingenuous. And the other point I'll just make is, in some of these cases, it's too good to check. It's too good to check for them because you got to get to air. And it's not just about rushing terrant being first, because yes, I think that's one inclination, but the main thing is is to get a set of narratives out there because it's very difficult to put the toothpaste back and them two as we saw with Michael Brown and hands up, don't shoot. It's very hard once a set of facts are established, or that the president is a Russian agent, that those kinds of things. The quicker you get those things set and in the ether, the harder it is to kind of reel things back back in if once the facts come out, it's different than what they were promoting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you you mentioned the headline from that ap story earlier, and if you look at the first sentence of that story, they've got the term killed by an Ice agent and Donald Trump in the same sentence. So and that's not done by mistake. That is done on purpose. They want people to associate this woman being killed with Donald Trump bottom line. And and I mean, it's it's really it's it's sick and it's insidious. I mean, it's really getting to the point. And and we we know we see all these these uh different media pundits bemoaning the fact that you know, there's no trust in the media anymore. And somehow I guess that's Trump's fault too. But they have by and large uh, if not one hundred percent, brought the distrust that they enjoy from the American people at this point in time. They brought it on themselves.
Speaker 3: That's why they getting mad at Tony D.
Speaker 4: Koppel, or they did on New Year's Day when he put out his commentary of saying that people don't trust the media and they have a right to not trust them.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: An AP editor Nick Ricardi tweeted over it and basically more or less said, well, you know, very often the customer is not always right, so basically screw them. And while yeah, that's certainly true, there are certain uh facts that should not be in dispute, like what is a man and what is a woman? But I digress you there, there has to there has to be some sort of you know, recognition about trying to at least understand why the public doesn't trust you, and instead it's this continuing active sticking your head in the sand and just being completely unapologetic and not willing to kind of look at yourself in the mirror about what's going on. And that's exactly and that's really exactly what we've been seeing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what what do you make of the way this guy? Sure has been treated for the videos that he put out walking around to the different daycare centers in Minneapolis and saying, hey, look there's no one here, and he's walking through the office buildings and hey, you know it's a home healthcare service? Can I get some healthcare here? And time after time he's showing the empty buildings and talking about all the millions they're getting from the federal government and all the rest of that, and this guy is just being maligned from one end to the other. I think there was a time in this country where this guy would have been celebrated and said, look at the courage. Look what this guy is doing, going out there with it with his own camera, on his own initiative, and doing the job that your typical reporters ought to be doing. And I think there was some local reporting on this in Minneapolis that was done years ahead of time. When this story first broke, I think was back in about twenty fifteen. But they have this guy out there and they have his name just smeared and have his work pooh poohed by the national media. Is I look at that, and that's that's a disgrace. Instead of recognizing what this guy has gone out and done when it comes.
Speaker 4: To Somali daycares. I mean, I mean, what's interesting is Henn in New York Times. I just think of those two in particular, there are stories about Somali daycare fraud. Has not been about investigating the particular claims. It has been trying to undermine Nick Shirley. Maybe these World News tonight has only spent thirty five seconds talking about Somali fraud, period and a halfelievable, Only three and a half times more on the Somali population being victims of the Trump administration, and it's it's just again more about the personal and attacking Nick Shirley. Oh, he's just some conservative YouTuber, like he's not a real journalist. Did he go to journalism school? I mean, it's that kind of infantile, juvenile attitude that we are so used to from these folks. You just want to ask these people how old are you? Are you going to investigate the actual merits of this, or are you just going to like attack him personally. I think they've settled on we're just going to attack him personally instead of trying to, you know, see about what's going on here, or they just say without evidence, and hope that people that aren't is tuned into the news, you know, slink away and stop asking questions.
Speaker 1: Curtis Houth We got a run. But before I let you go, are the American people well served by the national media that we have right now?
Speaker 4: I mean, while as I say, there's still been improvements made, it is still not the case. It is still not the case by any stretch of the imagination. And we should want a strong national media in this country.
Speaker 3: We should.
Speaker 4: I don't want to see the national media as a concept go away, but there needs to be serious reforms.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's right there in the First Amendment, so it should be taken advantage of, and it's something that that should.
Speaker 4: Not be A ya A couple says the First Amendment has a right to the free press. It does not include a right or demand that we trust them.
Speaker 1: That's fact. That's that's pretty good. That's pretty good stuff right there. So there are some changes happening at CBS, and the numbers for MS now continue to go down the toilet. But that's a that's a subject for another day. Curtis Holk, as always MRC NewsBusters, you guys do great work over there. Tell everyone over there. I said, hey, and keep up the great work, and I will certainly look forward to the times that we get a chance to talk in the year ahead. In twenty twenty six.
Speaker 4: Absolutely talk soon, my friend go Bangles. We'll see what this press conference says that we.
Speaker 1: Will see it will We'll see if I'm not really open for much, Curtis Halk, you are the best. Keep up the great work, and we will talk to you again on seven hundred.
Speaker 2: W l W.
Speaker 1: You're certainly not going to sit on our hands.
Speaker 6: Oh hello, quiet, and I'm I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 1: Seg I think you're the only sports guy that is not down at pay Course Stadium right now. That's all right, having an audience with with Duke. That's all right.
Speaker 7: You talked for the first time in one hundred and seventy one days.
Speaker 1: One hundred and seventy one days, and the the conference is still going on. But I think we I think we got the gist of it. I think so. I think we got the And here's here's what I put my highlighter to. Okay, Duke Tobin said, we have in my mind a championship team. Yes, he says, in his mind the Bengals have a championship team. What was the record this past season six and eleven, six wins eleven losses for Duke Tobin. Well, that's you know, I mean, it doesn't really equal a championship team. Well, I think that, you know, you will playoff three years in a row if you have a healthy Joe Burrow.
Speaker 7: I think things. But I'm just saying, I mean that's the way it is. I mean, the things would have been a lot different if Joe Burrow played the entire season.
Speaker 1: You know, I got I got a buddy that I golf with and he always says, you know, if if if my aunt had testicles, should be my uncle.
Speaker 7: Also, they said they need a pass rush. That's going to be a focus in the offseason. No kidding, no plan to light now, to expand the scouting staff. Uh, they're going to find solutions together and collaborative.
Speaker 1: Asked.
Speaker 7: He was asked if the fans have a belief in the team and they've done it before.
Speaker 1: He said, they've We've done it before. They've done it with.
Speaker 7: Draft picks, free agents, undrafted free agents. So, uh, you know, they just got to get to work down there, find the right people to draft, find the right people in free agency, and get it going.
Speaker 1: Duke Tobin became Cincinnati Bengals director of player personnel in two thousand and two. Correct Since that time, the regular season record one hundred eighty five wins, one hundred and ninety nine losses, and four ties. I don't think there's anyone else in the NFL that hangs around long enough with a record like that to compile a record like that. And look, I think Duke Tobin's a good guy. I think I Understan Dan. The model that the Bengals have and the way they do business, I think it's unlike any other team in the NFL. But I mean something's got something's gotta give, and and to essentially say we're gonna keep doing the same thing we've been doing, we just gotta, you know, we gotta find better players. We gotta have, Like mo Egger's been saying, they gotta get players. They can't get players in here and say it's gonna be two, three, four seasons before they develop into a great NFL player. They need guys that can come in and get it done right now, because hey, Joe Burrow ain't getting any younger.
Speaker 7: Dan Carroll the Stots report us a proud service every local tame Star heating and air conditioning dealers. Tamestar quality you can feel and what I call in Cincinnati, Calwayoming Air one eight eight.
Speaker 1: H v A C Sports, Thank you, Rock Say.
Speaker 7: We also want to thank Lear's Prime Market for their great lunch Deluxe Deli.
Speaker 1: The soups are excellent.
Speaker 7: Located in beautiful downtown Milford, Learsprime dot com.
Speaker 1: Lears Prime always a cut above. Let's see you heard from Dick to Duke Tobin. Duke Tobin.
Speaker 7: So, the NFL's wild Card Weekend starts off tomorrow. Two games Rams in Carolina and we'll have Green Bay in Chicago in the snow at eight on seven hundred WLW. That's tomorrow night, triple header action on Sunday, all the action on Fox Sports thirteen sixty.
Speaker 1: Let's see what else? Oh Dan Pitcher.
Speaker 7: Bengals offensive coredinator, interviewing today for the head coaching job with the Cleveland Browns.
Speaker 1: Is that an upgrade?
Speaker 7: I don't think he's gonna I think he's gonna come back down South High on I seventy one and stay here.
Speaker 1: I mean, do you really do you want to leave Joe Burrow and go coach the dor Sanders.
Speaker 7: Who else is gonna I mean, who knows it's going to be a quarterback there? College football? Of course, Miami's in the championship game defeating Old Miss tonight. They'll get their opponent Number one, Indiana and Oregon at seven thirty.
Speaker 1: Great game last night. Yes, Lane Kiffin says that was a pass interference at the end. I agree with him. Guy had a hold of he had a hold of his shoulder. Pads were crying out loud, correct, no call, No call college football.
Speaker 7: It was let's see running back James Minor the third out of West Virginia State and Winton Woods On commits to the University of Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: Come on now.
Speaker 7: Four Bearcats one, two, three four have been invited to the National Football League combine late February Jeff Caldwell, Big Joe Royer out of Elder Cole Range, fin Us, Dante Corleone and Jake the Snake.
Speaker 1: Goldie Dante Corleone College.
Speaker 7: Basketball tonight sixteen and o Miami RedHawks on the road to Toledo, NKU and Milwaukee at seven thirty on ESPN. In fifteen thirty, Detroit Mercy will host Wright State tomorrow, Providence and Xavier extly looking to snap that losing streak three point thirty here on seven hundred WLW, Cats and the Dogs go out of Tomorrow. The Cats in the SEC Mississippi State the Home of the Cowboy, and Kentucky at seven on ESPN fifteen thirty Sunday.
Speaker 1: Not having a great season so far.
Speaker 7: Sunday, the Cincinnati Bearcats take on number twenty five UCF who are twelve and one on the year.
Speaker 1: In South Florida.
Speaker 7: See EHL Hockey tonight or beloved Cyclones are on the road at Fort Wayne.
Speaker 1: Got to get the ball rolling, man, They got to get the puck. They got to get the puck flying.
Speaker 7: Let's see back to college football there, Dan Carroll Brendan Soaresby will owe the University of Cincinnati Bearcats one million dollars from a buyout in his NIL contract. That buyout is from a year revenue sharing agreement Soresby signed through the twenty twenty sixth season.
Speaker 1: So he's got to make five He's got a.
Speaker 7: Five mil of Texas Tech give a one million back to Clifton, big boy.
Speaker 1: How about that? You know what?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: What? Why?
Speaker 1: Don't we just stop calling it college football? Why don't we just call it pro? Why don't we just call it professional football? Pro pro? Two? And as what Wes Miller was talking about on the On the Coaches Show the other night, he said, he said, this is professional sports now. He said, we gotta have contracts, man, he said, we gotta we gotta have contracts that keep players at a school. It is a complete unrestricted free agency and these guys can come and go as a damn well, please contracts be damned.
Speaker 7: Red's update the Reds reaching deals on with eight players to avoid arbitration. Brady Singer starts it off at twelve, mil Nicolodolo four point seven, Gavin Luck, Spencer Steer, TJ. Friedel, Matt McClain settled. Smart move there, Tony Santion and Will with a Thrill Benson. The two that did not sign pitcher pitcher Graham Ash Crampton, Catcher Tyler Stevenson likely headed to arbitration.
Speaker 1: Like I like Santion and are the Baseball Commissioner.
Speaker 7: Baseball Commissioner Rob Manford says he's got many ideas to shake up the game. Some of them have been good, like the pitch timer, larger bases, restrictions on defensive shifts.
Speaker 1: What about what about the other like the placing?
Speaker 7: The placing the runner called the Manfred Man has not been well received. So Thursday, talking to w f A N and New York, he's talking that the baseball has talked about split seasons. What remember that in nineteen eighty one when we was robbed.
Speaker 1: With the Reds the best of the record. That's right, ridiculous.
Speaker 7: Plus an end season tournament which would presumably be similar to the NBA Cup.
Speaker 1: No, that would be stupid. Who cares do the NBA players? Do they get more money for it? Do they get to the NBA players they get a check if they win that NBA Cup.
Speaker 7: They get paid if they start breathing the nuts. So I don't want to see no the commissioners.
Speaker 1: It's meaningless. It's meaningless. And also, Dan Carroll, good luck this.
Speaker 7: Weekend, get rid of the phantom Runner. Tallahassee Florida. Abby Seoul out of Mercy McCaulay High School to the UC freshman. She is going to take part in the World cross Country Championship.
Speaker 1: World cross Country. I did not know there was such a thing as the World cross country champion. What does that take? Good luck?
Speaker 7: And like I said, Tallahassee Flordahassie, Florida freshman, see what happens?
Speaker 1: Pretty good. I had no idea that was there was a worldwide competition across country. Learn something new every tell I'm telling you man, and then uh, but but you know I did learn today? Is the dukester till still talking? Let's see, let me see. Oh he s the broadcast here says he's done. Didn't go as long as the president. So I think we got I think we got all the pertinent information. I think so. But hey, a lot of questions there, and that Tanyo Tanyo Work is there asking about play calling and she and now I take it. I wonder, I wonder if TANYR. Work is satisfied now that that Duke Tobin is going to justice.
Speaker 7: Joe might be giving you a call Justice, Joe might be calling you up. That's all right, Tanya Works, she could be there after County You says that Duke Tobin is still still talking. It's like a presidential news coming.
Speaker 1: You still speak. Well, you might look you got you got you don't hear from him? I mean you got you got James Rapine. There, you got Trags, there, you got Joe Daniman of Fox nineteen. There everybody, You got everybody there, and they all want to get their questions and that takes a while. Right, The collaboration is the word of the day. That's right. Four hundred he says, we we did four hundred million in contracts last season, and he says we have elite players. Well, that may be true on the offensive side, so at least at least he said, I think he recognized the fact that the defense wasn't good this year and they got better in the second half of the white becoming that's a that's a dollar late, that's a day late and a dollar short.
Speaker 7: That light light, that light bulb went above their head.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, that's it. Then, now okay, no, that's it. I mean, look, they.
Speaker 7: Want to get back to talking to Duke Tobin.
Speaker 1: Defensively, they had a couple of good games late in the season when it didn't matter. But I mean, come on, when you've got you when you've got the Jets down to a fourth and fourteen, and all you got to do is make that play and end the game. And then they go they go for a late score and beat the Bengals. No, that can't happen. That can't happen, Seg. I agree, But at least in his mind, the mind of Dude Cobin, the Bengals have a championship team. That's that's like you know, in my mind, I consider myself a multi millionaire, but when I look at my checkbook, it says, nah, bah bah nah. Gotta deal with reality, Seg. What we're dealing with here? He always deal with reality? They do it? Do us of us? Do us the reality of getting out of the Stooge Report.
Speaker 7: Dan Carrol and Otter of the Indiana Hoosiers. And this today being National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day in some cities, some cities not.
Speaker 1: We salute the thin blue line.
Speaker 7: We leave you with the immortal words of the Steward Report.
Speaker 1: Today.
Speaker 5: With the the communications you have, you can talk to people anytime, anywhere, anytime.
Speaker 1: Let's get that going on seven hundred WLW back on the Big one, seven hundred WLW one fifty seven news coming up top of the hour. And I am not criticizing Duke Tobin. Look, I give him great credit for coming out facing media questions today. I think it should be done on a more regular basis. It would be nice if there were periodic conversations with the media. I mean there's I don't think there's any reason why you can't schedule a sit down from time to time during the course of the season pre planet when it's make a convenient for you. I think the the people who cover this team on a regular basis would love to have that sort of access because it's been it happens many times that And look, I know Zach Taylor as the head coach is the face of the franchise, at least when it comes to addressing issues with the media and from a player standpoint, obviously Joe Burrow is the face of the franchise. But when it comes to getting a question asked, there's one source and that's the head coach. But oftentimes there are questions asked by the media that may not exactly be in the wheelhouse of Zach Taylor, so it's got to go to the director of Player Personnel, Duke Tobin. But did we really get anything of value out of that? When Duke Tobin comes out and he says, in my mind, we have a championship team. Ye, Look, I don't think there's a I don't think there's any question. Some of the most elite and best players in the league are on that offense. But as we know, it takes more than just offense. I think he was straight up and straightforward recognized that there are serious deficiencies on this team and they are in a position now where they need to get something done about. It's something that's not going to take or develop two or three years down the road. So did he really display that sense of urgency? Now you decide based on what you heard earlier today. In the meantime, we've got to get to news after the news the top of the hour. I've got my friend Tina Driskovich coming up from Moms for Liberty. It's been a little while since we've talked with Moms for Liberty, declared a heat group by the Southern Poverty Law Center, But we'll find out what they've been up to. They've had a lot of things going on, and it's been a little while since we've talked to Moms for Liberty, So we'll find out what's going on with them and get her thoughts on some of the current issues that are happening in and around this great country of ours. But right now it is two o'clock on the Home of the Best Bengals coverage, seven hundred WLW. All right back on the big one, seven hundred WLW. We continue on this Friday with another great guest. Always love catching up every so often with my friend Tina Diskovic, one of the founders of a group, Tina Diskovich of Moms for Liberty? Are you still declared a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center? Do you still have that title?
Speaker 8: We do?
Speaker 1: Oh, boy boy, it is so much hate, so much, so much hate out there, the Moms for Liberty. I read recently where one of the things you did the Moms for Liberty was put a million copies of the Constitution in middle schools across the country. Tell me about that. That had to be a huge undertaking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 9: We partner with nine to seventeen Society. They're a free organization and the the thing that they do is distribute constitute pocket constitutions for free, and so we partnered with them so that our chapter leaders across the country could place an order for free with them to get as many pocket constitutions as they needed for their county. For middle school students. Most across the country, either seventh or eighth grade is a Civics class, and so the goal is to get them placed in every hand of every kid for Civics, and states like Wyoming, we placed in every single seventh grader in the state of Wyoming in a public school got a pocket constitution this past year, so we have Yeah, we have a lot more students to reach, but we've been doing it for three years now. And I will say I give out pocket constitutions at Halloween every year. I also give a full size candy bar to makeup for the fact that I'm giving them.
Speaker 3: A pocket constitution.
Speaker 9: And this was the first year two kids said, oh, I already have one of these. I got it at school this year. Oh, happy to see that. So we're making we're making changes.
Speaker 1: I think that is such a great idea. You know, it's one thing to put the constitutions in the schools and get them in the hands of the kids. It's another thing for them to have them look at it and refer to it on a regular basis. So hopefully that is happening. I would also imagine that the way things are in this country right now, there are some schools who would resist that idea of giving as Sadly, I think there are schools and teachers and probably different school administrations that would frown on the idea of your group passing out constitutions copies of the constitutions to their studies.
Speaker 8: Yeah, one d percent. We've had. We've had districts decline, we sure have.
Speaker 9: Montgomery County, Pennsylvania declined last year I think, or the year before they said they would, and then you know, we showed up with them all we ordered them, and then they declined them, so they had to scramble and find other places to place them. And you know, I could list other places across the country.
Speaker 3: To have done that.
Speaker 9: It's one of the reasons that we don't. We have pocket constitutions that are branded with Moms for Liberty, and those aren't the ones we donate because we want kids to actually have them. This isn't about Mom's for Liberty getting some branding in front of kids or you know, in front of moms. It's literally about getting pocket constitutions. In the ninth seventeen Society, all they do is donate pocket constitutions. They don't really have, you know, any other agendas and so it's one of the reasons we work through them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the last time we talked to you had just started your podcast that you that you've been doing. How's everything going with the podcast so far?
Speaker 3: It's going great.
Speaker 9: I would you know, between you and I and whoever might be listening, I don't have a massive reach. I haven't reached a million viewers in my audience or anything about any Yeah, it's a really important podcast because it tells the story of each of our frontline warriors that are running chapters, and every single one is different and unique and remarkable. This past week, this past Wednesday, they run Wednesday morning at ten am live on All Moms for Liberty social media accounts, And this one this week was really really good. It was about our identity crisis as Americans, and one of our chapter chairs is actually a licensed mental health counselor, and we compared our whole identity crisis as Americans to what it's like for a child that's going through an identity crisis, and it's the same steps. Like you know, negativity is poured into you students across America, we're pouring into the America. Is that it was founded on slavery, all of these things, and then you expect them to have a healthy, patriotic outlook, and it's byfically engaged as an adult and it's not happening because of what we're doing to them. We're robbing them of their American identity. It was so good, It was really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And you know, I think so much of that of what goes on in the education system is being played out today by what some of the video and some of the things that I'm the current events that I'm looking at on TV right now. But before we get to those current events, a couple other things I want to ask you about. Here we're in Ohio in the year twenty twenty six. There is a new law that is taking effect that is going to keep students in the classroom from having access to their cell phones. So there's already some school districts around here that have already started policies like that. I think it's a great idea, take the cell phones and that distraction away from kids while they're in school and in the classroom. What does Moms for Liberty have to say about that idea of you know, the kids walk into school, they put their cell phone away, or they keep it in a secure pouch where they can't be looking at it all day long. What do you think about that notion of taking the cell phones out of the hands of kids during the school day.
Speaker 9: Our membership is actually very divided on this, and some very strong opinions on both sides. I can tell you what I personally believe. I have children in school. You know, I've been a school board member. Lots of experiences you served as a sub and classrooms of all ages, so experience the phones in the classroom.
Speaker 3: Phones should not be out in classroom period, end of the story. It's distracting.
Speaker 9: Obviously, they're getting text and social media and all these other things are coming up on the screen even if they're trying to look something up for their lessons, So they should be put away. I do not want my children to be on campus without their phones. And there's some states and some school districts across the country that are completely banning them from even bringing them on campus, and I don't like that one bit. So I think there's probably a healthy hybrid where they can put them away as they enter the classroom door leave. Some teachers put charging booths at the door, leave it to all of your phones right here by the door, so that they can fook us during class, but have them in between.
Speaker 1: So you think there's a I guess they taken away from kids completely at school is maybe a little bit too extreme, and so we need to find something that is someplace to meet and them find some common ground on that.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, that's that's my thoughts.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, as you look at what's happening in the media right now, and again, I think some much of this relates back to our education system, and I've talked to a number of different guests about its specifically as it relates to Zorhan Mondani in New York City, and he's out there and he's preaching socialism and communism, the warmth of the collective. If you caught that during his inauguration speech, you a going to get rid of the frigidity of capitalism and rugged individualism for the warmth of the collective. And I just think there's so many, especially young people who voted for this guy in New York City, and I see that as an indictment on our education system because these people, so many that voted for him, just think it's going to be you know, all rainbows and unicorns and the rest of it. And they have really no clue about the history of the failure of socialism and communism across the world, and it never works, it never has worked. But yet somehow they want to go out there and celebrate all these socialists and communist ideas that are coming to New York City.
Speaker 9: It goes back to what you know, we just talked about a second ago. We have lost our American identity and we have done that through the education system, hands down, one hundred percent.
Speaker 8: You know, we moms, everybody. We can point to a.
Speaker 9: Ton of issues in education, lessons that have been taught. I can go back to my son who's twenty four now, in his high school American Government class. He texted me a photo. I said, Mom, can you even believe this? The glossary in the back of the American Government book said Karl Marx, father of capitalism. And so they've been sewing a confusion. Yeah, yeah, yeah, promise you that's what I said. They've been sowing chaos and confusion. And that's that's on that that's like the good end, Like if you were like on the scale of all the horrible things they've done. That's probably like, oh, that's really not that bad. That's just a little confusing and a little wrong and not true. But then you can look at them actually trying to destroy American history, destroy our founding fathers, destroy our founding principles, and of course they're going to be looking for different solutions outside of capitalism and rugged individualism because they've been taught it's bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so as that relates to the current situation, say that, like we have it in Minnesota right now, and it's specifically in Minneapolis, and you talk about this large Somali population, is that is there. It seems like there's so much fraud associated with this community and the home health care services and the day care services and the transportation companies and all this other stuff supposed to be feeding kids and all the rest of it. And it seems like we get this message that is intentionally meant to confuse people. When you talk about immigrants that come into the country, and on one hand, you know there are many many of them may be refugees, they may be here illegally, some may be here illegally for different things, But it doesn't seem that we really get a clear picture from the media, and I think a lot of people are confused about you know what, why are we cracking down on this particular community or these particular individuals when when when you know they're they're just here for the American experience, for the American way of life. But yeah, we get so much mixed messages there. I think people look at this and again that whole issue of confusion comes into play when you look at the way this is presented to the people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's deliberate.
Speaker 9: The confusion is deliberately done not just to our children, but as you're saying and throughout the media. So it just carries on into your adulthood everything you're exposed to. And I mean, if you're a god fearing person who is the father of confusion and lies, that's where this stems from and comes from. And the fruit of confusion and lies are things like we're seeing unfold in Minneapolis now, which is it's hard for us to handle and work through. It's very it's hard for our country to face. But to just go full circle in the conversation, it's starting in America's classrooms and that's what Mom's liberty was created for to start fighting back.
Speaker 8: But my goodness, we still have a long way to go.
Speaker 1: You see. Well, but I look at the map that's on your website and I see all the chapters that are popping up. You've still got some areas out there that are a little bit thin, but it seems like more and more people are catching onto to the movement that is Mom's for Liberty.
Speaker 8: Let's go Ohio.
Speaker 9: We have lots of blue left still in Ohio, and that's you're blue on there. If you don't have a Mom's Liberty chapter, you need to be gold. You need to be shining and have a light in your county so that you have moms and dads that are watchdogs watching the school districts making sure this nonsense isn't in your community.
Speaker 1: Okay, tell me about On January thirteenth, Moms for Liberty has an event that's coming up on the steps of the United States Supreme Court, and this is the rally for Women's Sports. Talk about this event a little bit, What is going on with the Supreme Court that day, and where Moms for Liberty is on this and what you hope to accomplish.
Speaker 9: Ah, yeah, well, I wish we could take full credit. I know we put out graphics and information for our people to gather there too, but it's really Alliance Defending Freedom.
Speaker 8: That's their case.
Speaker 9: It's a keep boys out, a women's sports case, keeping protect girl space's case.
Speaker 8: It's a landmark obviously Supreme Court.
Speaker 3: Case that will be heard.
Speaker 9: And so they put together a rally outside that just seems to be growing and growing. There's a lot of organizations that are going to be present, and a lot of our moms were saying, we want to go, we want to be there, and so we're just organizing them together and doing a reception after we invite anyone to join us.
Speaker 8: It starts at.
Speaker 9: Ten am and we'll be doing a private reception after. But if you go to Mom's lib, we got an organ sign up we can invite to our private reception.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how do we get to the point to where, Look, I'm guessing that year old enough that when you went to school, there was boys sports, there was girls sports. There was a boy's restroom and a girl's restroom, and there really wasn't any confusion about that. But now, and thankfully, I think because of the policies of this administration, we're getting away from that, but the whole idea, there's still a lot of places around this country where they are fighting this tooth and nail, And people look at this notion of having teenage boys compete against girls in sports. They want to act as if there's nothing wrong with that and it's no big deal. But in so many of these people have spent time with Title nine and trying to get better situations for women in sports and all the rest of it. But yet in so many cases they're willing to throw all that away just to pursue this agenda item.
Speaker 9: My goodness, this topic we could do a whole day radio show. So I'm not even sure where to start, but it's been, it's been in the works for generations. We can tie it into the conversation of causing confusion and chaos, And what more confusion can you cause if you can't even identify the difference between a boy and a girl the basic Biblical genesis one, you know, man and woman, and so it strikes to the core of evil. You can trace it starting in America really in the forties and fifties. You can move all the way up to the early two thousands and the twenty tens when we started seeing here in Florida policies, especially when Obama under President Obama, they started, you know, the dear colleagues let deer colleague letters to school districts where they started pulling the putting in the word gender identity into all these discrimination policies across the country. They were laying the groundwork. You know, now in hindsight, we can look back and see steps that were taken systematically, well planned out to bring us to where we are today. And so we have to be smarter. We have to see these things coming. But like you said, this administration first executive order at the gate, I believe was get boys out of girls sports, and we at months Liberty have been fighting it and we've sued the bid administration. We've got a federal injunction. There's so many good people really fighting this. But it is remarkable.
Speaker 8: That that's where we are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, those on the other side of this issue, they never give up. And I can sit here and look at it, and I can look at the policies of the Trump administration and get a sense or have a feeling that the tide is turning away from this. But then I also get the feeling that there are just a lot of areas around the country where you have school boards or administrators or people who have a certain agenda are simply lying in wait for their time too to come up and push this agenda once again.
Speaker 9: Right now, it's just an executive order, like President Trump, what does you have?
Speaker 8: Three more years?
Speaker 3: Goes away?
Speaker 9: In three years, it's gone. So we've got whole states Colorado right now, for example, the state of Washington doing BOWD initiatives because this pulls eighty five percent of parents, whether you're a Republican a Democrat, whether you are pro choice or pro life, eighty five percent of parents in general do not want boys in their daughter's bathrooms, locker rooms, or on their sports teams.
Speaker 8: And so we have to take it.
Speaker 9: Directly to BAWD initiatives and state laws and handle this in other ways because President Trump cannot save us forever.
Speaker 1: All right, So Moms for Liberty the big rally at the Supreme Court January thirteenth, at ten am. You'll be out there, hopefully you'll have decent weather for that. But you don't have to be a mom to join Moms for Liberty, do you you don't.
Speaker 9: We have dads and uncles just concerned set of fends that are all part of our organization. We have seven chapters that are led by dads right now, so you could even you could even be in leadership if you would like to volunteer your time to saving America, seating our education system and preserving it for future generations. We have so many things coming up in twenty twenty six for America two fifty and maybe you can have me back on soon to talk about some of these big events. For partnering with Glenn Back and Mercury one and some others. It's going to be fabulous.
Speaker 1: That is fantastic, well, Tina Diskovich. I always look forward to having a chance to talk to you and catch up and find out what's been going on with Moms for Liberty. Thank you so much for the time you do great work. I encourage you to keep up the great work in twenty twenty six, and we will definitely have some conversations in the year ahead, so I'm looking forward to that.
Speaker 3: Okay, talk soon. Have a great weekend.
Speaker 1: All right, there you go, Tina diskoviach Moms for Liberty and all you got to do is google it if you want to find out more for Moms for Liberty, and it'll take you right to the website Moms for Liberty and you can find out about all the good stuff they're doing. Still a hate group though, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center, And I think that tells you all you need to know about that organization. I'm Dan Carroll hundred W l W. We are certainly not gonna sit on our hands.
Speaker 6: Oh hello, quiet, and I'm spokes I'm broadcasting God.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Duke Tobin, Baby, you say it? We play it.
Speaker 7: Wait, this is Tom Tinkle coming up right here. Listen Tom Tinkle going that elephant.
Speaker 1: Sounds, elephant sound or whatever that is. It is supposed to be a Bengals sound, isn't it supposed to be? Award? Because that's what it is, is a Bengals the Bengals war. Here it comes again. Hit it. That's right, that's right. Well, maybe we'll hear this song a few more times in the twenty twenty sixth season with a lot of touchdowns with you know, I mean, Jake Tobin says he knows what needs to be done, seg I hope so, and in his mind, they already have a championship team, even though on paper, in reality they do not have a championship team.
Speaker 7: I'm sure a lot of teams in the National Football League feel that way. Six wins, one will win.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know what league that six wins eleven losses makes a championship team USFL, I don't know. I don't well, I mean, I don't think so. So you know, I think World Football League, I think they have a championship team. You have to win more games than you lose. I mean, I'm not an expert in this area. I'm just saying I think I think that that's a that's a major that's a major step towards having a championship team is to win more games tames then you lose. Let's start with that.
Speaker 7: Dan Carrol, the stood reporters of Proud Service, Every local tame Star.
Speaker 1: Heating and air conditioning dealers Tamestar quality you could feel in beautiful northern Kentucky.
Speaker 7: Call any Weather Heating and Air at eight five, nine seventy eight to one forty eight twenty two spots and Duke Tobin talk for what almost an hour, not an hour talking to the assembled media. Correct, Yeah, Tan, your work there asking him about play calling issues Bengals.
Speaker 1: A lot of other reporters down there, So I'm gonna have to check with Tanya and see if his response was satisfactory and that she's satisfied now that the play calling issues for the Bengals have been addressed to her satisfaction.
Speaker 7: Bengals Update brought to you by Good Spirits, Wine and Tobacco and Party Town. When a dry January is covered with an incredible selection of non alcoholic beers and wines celebrated any of their thirteen convenient Northern Kentucky locations, Cheers do a guilt free good time, Good Spirits and Party Town. Besides the Duke Tobin press conference today, offensive coordinator Dan Pitcher was four or five hours up the road off off I seventy one. The Cleveland Browns interviewed the Bengals offensive coordinator day for their head coaching vacancy.
Speaker 1: Was that that was an in person interview. Correct? Did they fly them up there that they had to fly They flew? They know, yeah, they flew. They're not stupid, Yeah, they're not stupid. Duke Tobin says it's his job to steer the ship away from bad decisions.
Speaker 7: National Football League Wild Card weekend kicks off tomorrow, two games, Rams and Carolina at four on ESPN fifteen thirty. Then Green Bay and the Bears in Chicago apparently in a snowstorm. They're saying Tomorrow night in Chicago at eight right here on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: That ought to be fun. And then Sunday here steers their team away from bad decisions.
Speaker 7: Don't no Mayor daily triple header triple header of playoff action on tomorrow. Yeah, baby, for Sunday, I mean, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Sunday.
Speaker 7: Let's see Buffalo and Jacksonville forty nine Ers Eagles, also Patriots and Chargers. Coverage of twelve thirty all of those games Sunday on Fox Sports thirteen to.
Speaker 1: Sixty, not on seven hundred ww No, we got uc basketball. You see basketball? What's the choice there? Well, you gotta god basketball. Reds update eight.
Speaker 7: Reds avoided arbitration yesterday, getting new deals too did not. Pitcher Graham Ashcraft and catcher Tyler Stevenson likely headed to arbitration.
Speaker 1: But they will be back with the Reds.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Thanks jem.
Speaker 7: Let's see college football running back James Minor, the second out of West Virginia State and Winton Woods, has committed to the University of Cincinnati Bearcats. Jeff Caldwell, Joe Royer, Pride of Elder, Dante Corleone, the Pride of Cole Rain, and Jake Golday I have been invited to the NFL Combine and Indianapolis starting February twenty third.
Speaker 1: What about Manny Covey? What about him? What of Cincinnati Bearcats? Yeah, good luck to him. Said after the Memphis Bowl that he that he wasn't going.
Speaker 7: Anywhere offensive player, offensive player the the the Liberty Liberty Bowl and then he bolts.
Speaker 1: He said, he said, I'm not going anywhere. I'm ready to get back to work. Yeah. Where is he now?
Speaker 7: Checking out that Green Salad of Salvation? Elsewhere other than the Queen City.
Speaker 1: He's in the portal, seg Yeah, how that portal must be pretty big because there's a lot of players in there.
Speaker 7: They got a lot of there's a lot of room for those guys in there.
Speaker 1: Didn't I see like like twenty two guys from Colorado went into the portal.
Speaker 7: I think everybody's in the portal. They had just throw everybody in there.
Speaker 1: Throw them all.
Speaker 7: Scholarships, just throw I mean, you know, let them pay for their let them pay for their school.
Speaker 1: They're making all that money they can just take. Could just put everybody in the portal and then like like the balls in a bingo machine, then the names pop out and say, okay, this guy's going to Ohio State, and the draft guys going to draft.
Speaker 7: Of the the major teams, and then the team that wins the championship has the last pick. Like the NFL. Brandon soarsby, by the way, ohs the University of Cincinnati a million bucks for some kind of nil deal that he he he did before he left.
Speaker 1: So he's only going to make four million. I'm sure Texas Tech is taking care of that.
Speaker 7: Somebody is college basketball tonight those sixteen in o Miami RedHawks, let's go are rolling up north. They're taking on the Toledo Rockets, NKU and Milwaukee at seven on ESPN, fifteen thirty, Detroit Mercy and the Wright State, Tomorrow Providence and Xavier. Muskie's out to look the staff at three thirty on seven hundred WLW. Then tomorrow night the Cats and the Dogs going at it in Lexington. They big Blue Nation not happy either. Mississippi State, the home of the Cowboy, the Ohio sportscaster of the Year.
Speaker 1: We heard from the Cowboys since he won that award.
Speaker 7: Versus Kentucky at seven on ESPN fifteen thirty.
Speaker 1: Sunday talked him since he won the award, I sent him a text.
Speaker 7: I wanted him on yesterday or with the other day with Willie or somebody.
Speaker 1: And he is in Saint Lucia. I was gonna say, he's probably out of the.
Speaker 7: The for the wedding of one Tommy Thrall tomorrow Tommy Thrall correcting it done? How about that? I think the I think Chris Wels is there the Cowboy, and I don't know who else. How about Marty No, he's in Atlanta tonight to Luke is doing the student radio for the Indiana Hoosiers. Then he heads for I guess it's fantasy camp coming up this week out.
Speaker 1: In Arizona, Arizona, Let's go.
Speaker 7: And then Sunday Bearcats and West Beller hopefully's calmed down. Uh they take Gone number twenty five u c F and South Florida u c F twelve and one on.
Speaker 1: The seasonal twelve and one yes sang.
Speaker 7: Number twenty five in the nation the e c HL Hockey.
Speaker 1: I like, who do you like in that game?
Speaker 7: Said e c HL Hockey tonight are beloved cyclones are on the road up against Fort Wayne.
Speaker 1: How about the cyclones. They're hanging in there, gotta get it done. But seg we're looking at the monitor over there to the left a little while ago. Yes, sir, it looks like teeth Haro and I and Iran. You got you got fires burning, you got people out on the shore in Portland, Oregon front well it could could it could have been Portland to guys.
Speaker 7: They got guys in the middle of the streets shooting.
Speaker 1: The video pretty much looks the same from me from either place, either that or Minneapolis. You know you got that. You got that communist mayor out there in Portland now and she's like, she's, uh, you know, gonna she's gonna give Trump what for? Right, But you got my sources tell me that Iran couldn't fall by Monday. We're gonna take them over to like Venezuela. I don't, I hope, I hope, I don't. I don't think have any take over everything. But I think Israel might be uh, it might be doing something over there, but that that could that situation could develop over the weekend. So it's not looking not looking good there right now. And then you got Duke Tobin talking to the media executives and I want Tony Pike in the boys. I mean, they're gonna they're gonna be breaking this down, slicing and dicing and dissecting everything.
Speaker 7: He had to say, what about tonight is six oh five when Lance gets ahold of this?
Speaker 1: Lance I saw yet he said that. He said the the news conference went for over an hour and there were forty seven questions. He kept tracking how many questions were. Of course he did little little, little known facts that we need. But he said, he said, it's his job to steer the ship away from many poor decisions. Tobin, Oh, I'm sorry. Okay, Land steers his own ship, that's for sure, the ship of sports talk. Just ask him. So how's he how's Duke Tobin steering steering the ship away from poor decisions?
Speaker 7: They've hit a couple of icebergs, but there's still a float.
Speaker 1: A couple of icebergs out there, yep.
Speaker 7: And they've hit they've they hit eleven icebergs this season, so there's still afloat.
Speaker 1: But he says he's confident in himself and he's confident in the others in the organization. In his mind, they have a championship team. He says, the defense started to find its footing right towards the end of the season. That's correct. The light bulb went on over their head. What did? What did? Would it have been better had they found their their footing, you know, maybe in the in the first or second game and then gone on.
Speaker 7: Better The second game is when number nine went off with a turf toe.
Speaker 1: There's big Wit, big Wit. Big Wit is on TV right now, good man. And then you kept him, and then you had ton or a Tanya Rourke asking about the the play calling. And then I'm sure Tony Fike loved this part. The size of the scouting staff is not going to change, correct, he says. The size of the scouting staff is just right, and they have all the information they need, more more than more than you say.
Speaker 7: And these days that they got everything on a player, if he's got you know, I mean everything from head to toe and more.
Speaker 1: I'm sure. So were you happy? Were you happy with what you heard out of Tobin today.
Speaker 7: Well, I think that he needed I mean, I think hopefully this this will be a uh a, you know, a regular thing with the Bengals, no matter if they win or lose. I mean, you know, Zach Taylor had his kind of like uh you know, post postseason press conference the other day, and usually you you only get to talk to mister Brown and uh Duke Tobin at the pre training camp luncheon. That's about and that's it. You don't you don't or you know, whenever Dan Horr does an interview with mister Brown, that's the only time you ever hear from him.
Speaker 1: But would it benefit the team though, seg if if they scheduled, say, you know during the bye week, we're going to have you're going to have access to Duke Tobin, We're going to have schedules, I.
Speaker 7: Mean halfway halfway through like sunder halfway through the season to a first half recap look to the set. Yeah, I mean I would think so that you know, maybe that's in the works. We don't take a little bit off the plate of Zach, but this is you know, this, this was a good thing that he got out there, and I mean he faced the questions. I mean there was, according you know what, Lance said, forty seven of them so and they weren't. You know, I don't think there was too many softballs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but if if I was running the team, I would think it would be a good thing. I mean, Zach Taylor can answer a lot of questions. Kenny does he does he have the ability to answer every single question that a lot of these reporters are going to have. I don't think because it's a big organization, I mean, right, a lot of things that he doesn't concentrate on. I mean he's coaching a team.
Speaker 7: He didn't, you know, he's just he has the personnel he has is who he has to play. And they they got to get the regular They got to get better personnel in there to do better. I mean, the defense has got to They got to get a pass rush. They're they're fine on offense except for the offensive line. And they get a few defensive linemen in there that know what they're doing and this and that that. You you plug them in there, you plug guys in with a draft, they're gonna pick tenth overall, probably get a pretty good player there. Maybe that's safety from Ohio State. I don't know if he's going to be there or not, but probably not. But and then you know, you go to free agency. They got some dough down there to start paying to pay guys to come here, and you know, hey, you know they you know, the way they played in the second half with Joe Burrow. I mean, you know, I don't I'm no expert, but to rate that out, it's like he missed, you know, from week two to from week two to Thanksgiving, you know.
Speaker 1: And I mean, but that's what I'm saying. There's always questions in negotiations and scouting, and.
Speaker 7: You bring back Joe flacko, Yeah, And I mean I think that that trade was unbelievable, Laddie back that they call up Cleveland and say, hey, we want Joe Flacco and look what he did. I mean, you know, you know that those kind of trades don't happen, and it probably hacked the UH. You know, Baltimore probably was going nuts.
Speaker 1: And so with Pittsburgh, I mean, the game against the Jets, the game against the Bears. They should have won those games, there's no question, but they should have won the season finale against the UH, they.
Speaker 7: Should have won the season finale against the Browns. So but that's the way it is. So you look the next year. A lot of other teams are worse off than this one. Believe it. You want to be the Jets, want to be the Giants. You want to be that you want you want to be the Raiders.
Speaker 1: But I'm just saying, I mean, you have this guy do this. You know. Maybe I'm not saying every week, but maybe three or four times throughout the regular seasoning and you take a lot of pressure off from a lot of discontent on on the part of the media. And it's not it's not like the Cincinnati media really hammers the team that hard anyway. But seg, we got to get out of here. Dan coming back tonight nine to midnight, double ship how about that? Wow, don't get overtime for that? Do you said he needed some help? So I'm helping out today. Say there you go, double dipping. I'm double dipping today.
Speaker 7: There's the there's the there's there's a true team player right there.
Speaker 1: I'm taking one for the team, Dan Carroll.
Speaker 7: In honor of everybody having a good weekend, we leave you with the immortal words of the Stooge Report.
Speaker 1: Next week's highway patrol story is a very unusual one. I hope you'll be with.
Speaker 4: Us until then.
Speaker 1: Remember it isn't a car that becas it's the driver. This is Broderick Crawford saying see you next week, See you next week, seg. Seven hundred ww