Speaker 1: Injured myself two weeks ago when I was carrying boxes and tripped over other boxes, landed on my left pinky finger and ring finger and bent it out of shape so bad. The pinky finger was like horribly mangled. And I pulled and I twisted and squeezed it and I felt it slide back into shape. It still hurts to this day. I went to Twin Cities ORTHOPEDICX the other day. Doctor Moser shout out. He said, it's fine, he said, rub some dirt on it and you'll be just fine. But Jenny also accident prone, so stupid.
Speaker 2: So I was going into my basement and there's not a light switch at the top of the stairs. It's only at the bottom, so the light to go into the basement doesn't get turned on until you're in the basement. So I'm mosying down there. All of a sudden, my foot hit something. I fly up into the air. My butt hits the last three stairs. Oh I could slide down the last three and I land so hard on my arm and I would like you guys to look at this bruise on my arm right here.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, that's yeah.
Speaker 2: No, So I got not only rugburn, from sliding down the stairs.
Speaker 3: But the biggest bruise on my fore arm.
Speaker 1: Here's what it looks like. It's the size of the head of a golf club driver. Yeah, that's how big it is. If you take a golf club driver in part of the shaft, that's what it looks like on your arm.
Speaker 3: It looks like the milky Way.
Speaker 2: Oh, in my shock, I'm like, what the hell just happened. It's because the person I'm seeing just got me this like intense foam roller and I've thrown it down the stairs because that's where all my weights and stuff are and I totally forgot about that. But it landed on one of the final stairs. So as I'm hitting one of the last stairs, I hit the phone roller instead.
Speaker 1: No, just go up in the air.
Speaker 2: I land on my butt and then my arm hits the rest of the stairs going down. But it is super swollen. It's really bruised, and yeah, it's it's bad. I'm honestly shocked it didn't be worse.
Speaker 1: It might still get worse. I know it might, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that was like the dumbest injury I've done in a while, because I mean, it wasn't it wasn't like I was paying attention.
Speaker 1: But so here's what I want to hear. I want to hear your story. We're gonna get play a game called er or not. You tell us what you did, and we're gonna guess whether you went to the er for it or not. Jenny did not go to r I did not go to the er for mine. But let me hear your story about I don't know. You were sledding and you got to the bottom of the hill and you hit a tree and you busted your lip wide open. It was pouring blood all over the snow. Did you go to the er or not. We'll listen to your story and we'll guess, and if we guess incorrectly, there'll be a little something extra in your paycheck this week. Is a little prize for you. Can't tell you what it is, but hope you know I'm kidding. We have no control over your paycheck whatsoever. Sixty five one nine eight nine kd WB. Tell us your er story and we'll guess your injury story, and we'll guess whether you went to the emergency room or not. Bailey, have you ever been at the emergency room?
Speaker 3: I have, indeed, because one time I did walk into one of my hand weights that was just sitting on the floor and I walked right into it and broke a bone, not just a toe because I've broken toes before, but broke a bone in my foot. And I thought, this hurts more than breaking toes because I've broken four toes in my life.
Speaker 1: And no, it was my foot. So I did go to the r for that one.
Speaker 3: Okay, what did you do a woman like I walked into a weight? Oh?
Speaker 1: Were you working out? No? No, I wasn't. All right? What's your story? Call me six five one nine eight nine KDWB. If you somebody says post a photo of Jenny's bruce, did you put one online?
Speaker 2: I can I do, But that was actually before it like developed more so, there is one on my blog on Dave ryanshow dot com if you want to see it. But I can post one on my story and on the Dave Ryan story. So yeah, and see what it looks like. It looks it's pretty gnarly.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me grab a phone call here, we'll just go play for fun. Let's see what we got here at six five one nine KWB er or not Katelyn Hi, Kitlyn, good morning. Tell me your story. We'll guess whether you went to the emergency room or not.
Speaker 4: So I was along the lines with Jenny's. But I was at the top of my stairs and not one hundred percent sure what happened. But I was at the top one second, and the next second I was completely at the bottom on the landing and crawling my way back up the stairs.
Speaker 5: After that, what.
Speaker 1: Did you hurt.
Speaker 6: My butt?
Speaker 1: Your but I'm going to say, but I'm going to say, no emergency room visit. Yeah, I'm going to say, now, just like an embarrassment, shame and a bruise, did you go to the emergency room?
Speaker 4: I did because I could not stand Neil Stitch Paine and I was also I left this part out, but I was five and a half months pregnant.
Speaker 1: Yeah we should, Yes, thank you, Caitlin. Let's go to Emily. Emily, tell me your story. We'll guess whether you went to the emergency room.
Speaker 6: Hi am Hi.
Speaker 4: So when I was about two or three, me and my brother still took baths together, and when I was getting out of the bathtub, he pulled my leg and my chin hit the side of the bathtub.
Speaker 1: Oh blood, bruise, teeth, knocked out anything.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: You're telling me give it away.
Speaker 1: I think she went to the e R. She's three, Yeah, I say she knocked out a couple of teeth and cut her lip. Bulp and yeah, yeah, yeah, we're gonna say er er.
Speaker 7: I did go to the R.
Speaker 4: I actually got like ten stitches underneath my chin.
Speaker 1: Do you still remember that?
Speaker 3: Because it was so long ago, if you're only three, do you still remember that?
Speaker 4: I don't remember it, but I can see the scar underneath my chin from the incident.
Speaker 1: Wow, Okay, thank you very much. Let's go to Francisco. Tell me your story. We'll guess Francisco whether you went to the ER or not.
Speaker 6: Yes, Hi, good morning everybody. So I used to work in a kitchen and we were prepping for the dinner rush and we were all running back and forth between the line and the back of the prep cook And when I was coming through the door, the table got bumped where the knives were, and uh, the knife was gonna fall on somebody that was coming through. So I grabbed the knife and I grabbed it so hard that you can see my knucklebone on one of my.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna guess you just rubbed some dirt on it, wrapped the kitchen towel around it, and got on with your day. No, you went to the emergency room.
Speaker 8: Yes, you know what, Dave, you had it there the first time. Yeah, I just wrapped it in a bunch of paper towels, put tape around it, and I kept cooking.
Speaker 1: Wow, amazing, amazing, You're you're my hero. Did you later, did you wish that you got to the er, like it didn't quite heel right or anything?
Speaker 8: No, Unfortunately, anybody that's listening that's worked in a kitchen, you know that you get hurt, you get burned, you get cut, you just wrap it up and ye open, stop bleeding and you keep cooking.
Speaker 1: Amazing, And that's so true.
Speaker 2: My dad was a chef for like forty two years. He came home with injuries all the time, never went to the er.
Speaker 1: Really. Yeah, that's amazing. Francisco, thank you very much, have a wonderful day. Let's do one more and we're going to move on with our lives, or we get some time, Grace. We're playing Emergency Room or Not. It's a new board game available at Games by James. Tell me your story. Well, guess whether you went to the er Grace.
Speaker 5: When I was eleven years old, they worked at a horse ranch and the trainer that was teaching us how to ride the horses found an old BB gun that he did not know was loaded, and he kept pumping it up and he ate it at my foot and he shot and there was a bullet in it and he went through the boot into my foot.
Speaker 1: Ooh gosh. Yeah. You pump those pump, pump, pump, and you can pump them up to like ten twelve and then it gets really hard to pump, so you can, you know you can, and then then you fire it at your friend's foot. I'm gonna say, yeah, you had to get that thing unimbedded from your foot. Emergency room, Bailey.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say emergency room as well, because that's a firearm, even.
Speaker 1: Though it's a b beat gun. Yeah, emergency room, Grace.
Speaker 5: Yes, I did go to the emergency room. But twist of the story, he was afraid to tell my parents and convinced me to say that I did it for myself, so he didn't tell them, and they did not remove the bullet because I was a child. My mom told us no, just leave it in there.
Speaker 3: So it's still in there now, still.
Speaker 6: In there now because it went into.
Speaker 5: The bone perfectly and the bone grew around it.
Speaker 3: Cool but cool, cool, like does that pick it up at TSA when you walk through BBB.
Speaker 5: It hasn't had that be a problem. But when it gets cold, I can feel it, and I've gone into the doctor and they say they could cut the bone open and take it out, and I'm just too afraid to.
Speaker 4: Do all that.
Speaker 1: Blame. Wow, it's a great story. Wow, thank you, Grace, have a good day. All right, one more it's Amber emergency room or not Amber. Let's hear your story. We will guess then whether you went to the emergency room high Amber him.
Speaker 7: Okay, when I was about twelve years old or so, I was roller bleeding down the hill and I did an uneven part of the sidewalk and I fell and I knocked myself unconscious and I knocked out three teeth in the front.
Speaker 1: And yeah, okay, that's yeah, emergency room involving teeth and unconscious. I'm going to say, yes, you did go to the er. Jenny, how old did you say?
Speaker 5: You were?
Speaker 7: About twelve?
Speaker 2: No, I'm going to say no, because welleth So, yeah, I would say no, and you just went to the dentist eventually or whatever orthodontis, whoever you need to go to.
Speaker 4: That would be correct.
Speaker 7: I did not go to the emergency.
Speaker 1: Room, Wowz Louise.
Speaker 7: My grandmother nurse and my mom works in the healthcare, so they kind of just monitored me all night and I did not go to school for about a week and half two weeks until I was able to get into the emergency tyst.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh I went. When to go to school with no teeth? Yeah? How embarrassing? Yeah, oh my gosh. Great.
Speaker 3: Love it when you go in though, and they're like, well, we can't do anything, and you're like, cool, I guess I'll just go home then and then get a bill for eight hundred dollars exactly.
Speaker 1: Thanks Amber, have a great day than you. Bye bye. It's Katie able to be