Speaker 1: The quest for the free peat has begun.
Speaker 2: Only four teams in Major League Baseball history have won three consecutive titles. The Dodgers are the favorites to become the fifth fifth.
Speaker 1: This is world Champion Dodger Talk. Here we go again.
Speaker 3: We get right running back to get in on the show called eight six six eighty seven two five seven days and be sure to follow Dodger Talk wherever you get your podcasts and now your host.
Speaker 1: Here's Tim Kakes.
Speaker 4: Like a boxer waiting for the bell to ring, to get to the corner to save them. The All Star break has saved the Dodgers. Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Dodger Talk on this Sunday afternoon. Theysture being with us wherever you may be. A hot, muggy day here in southern California. Here monsoon conditions in some areas actually reigned outside of our Burbank studios earlier today at the lights on at Dodgers Stadium. Unfortunately, the Dodgers couldn't wake up offensively after the third inning. Not a single hit after Tommy Emmons two out, two runs single in the third inning as the Dodgers blow a three to ninhing lead and fall to the Arizona Diamondbacks by a final of five to three. They get swept at home by the Snakes, and they go into the All Star Break having lost four of their last five. If you heard Dave Roberts on The Clubhouse Show, not too happy is the Dodger Skipper the way his Dodgers team is playing. Rick Monday alluded to it. Tim Neverett talked about it as well on Sports and at LA. Eric Carrolls said, it's not the brand of baseball we're used to seeing with this Dodgers team. Everything we've talked about the last two nights here on Dodger Talk, really since Friday when the Dodgers shot themselves in the foot a couple of airs, some bullpen game turned into a game in which five of the seven relievers gave up runs and just kind of kind of just fell up heart for the Dodgers Friday night, and we said it, then, this isn't Dodgers baseball. Whatever this is, they got to fix it. We thought Yamamoto was gonna be the stopper last night. I took some criticism on X. People say, well, up, we do the stopper. Kates where's Yamamoto the stopper. Well, I don't know what happened to Yamamoto last night. He got roughed up as well. And the Dodgers' offense didn't do much as well last night, getting beaten nine to two, nine to three, and back to back games. And then today the Dodgers got a lead off home run from show Ao Tani Tommy Emit, a two runs single in the third, a three to nothing lead. You're feeling pretty good about what the way the Dodgers were going gonna go into the All Star Break with the win, little positivity. They pick up a game, go twelve and a half games up on Arizona in the division, and then then it got away from him in the fifth inning, and then the sixth they gave up the lead and then an insurance run. Tim Tawa has become the new Dodger Killer, by the way, for the Arizona Diamondbacks. Paul Golshman and Christian Walker were the last two to be the Dodger Killers from Arizona, and now they've passed the baton onto a guy who was hitting under two hundred coming into this weekend series. In Tim Tawa drives in seven runs. Dodgers has a team scored eight runs the entire series, and Tim Tawa drove in seven alone for the Arizona Diamondbacks. Just not a good weekend for the Dodgers, and they hang their hat on slug good pitching and really good defense. Well, the pitching was there at times this weekend. The offense was there in spurts. I guess the defense has just been flat out bad. A dropped ball by Andy Pajez in the fifth inning opened the door for two runs. Max Munsey is throwing a ground ball into the back of Eraldo Perdomo on a play trying to get him out at home. That led to a two runs six and the league was gone. A battle later on an RBI single from Vargas. You cannot give team second chances. You cannot open the door even just a little bit for even an Arizona Diamondbacks team to take advantage, because they will. And I mentioned in the Clubhouse show, the door has been opened for a lot of teams around Major League Baseball. About two and a half weeks ago, you looked at the standings and there was what four teams in the American League over five hundred everybody else was below five hundred, and there was a lot of separation in the standings in the American League. At one point, the Atlanta Breaks were completely running away with the NL East. I mean, the Phillies fire their manager earlier this year, brought in Donnie Baseball Don Mattingly. The Milwaukee Brewers and Dodgers were going back and forth with the best record in baseball. Well, the Brewers. They go into the All Star Break having lost three in a row. They also had the mizz scratched from his start today against the Pittsburgh Pirates. That's not good. He's got soreness in his arm, fatigue. How about their left hander Kyle Harrison eight and two over one hundred strikeouts, already on the injured list with left forearm tightness. The Brewers getting hurt and starting to fall apart here at the All Star break, So it could be worse for the Dodgers. Other teams are getting hurt, They're losing, and their lead is getting smaller in their division. The Brewers are only five games up now on the Cubbies in the NL Central. The Braves are only two games up on the Phillies in the NL East. Things have tightened in the other divisions. While the Dodgers lose three to the Diamondbacks don't look like the same team that we saw before the off day. Still have eleven and a half game lead now that oft D On Thursday, John Hartongue brought it up on sports and at LA, So I want to kind of take what he said and borrow it. Thank you, John, if you're listening driving right back home. On the four h five, the Dodgers had a stretch of thirteen games in thirteen days. They went nine to four during that stretch and one all four series. Then they had a day off on Thursday at home, a golden day off, as they call, no travel, no nothing. You can go to Disneyland, you can go to the beach, you can just sleep all day, whatever you want. You don't have to do anything. It's a golden day at home. Don't get a lot of them in baseball. Usually you're traveling on days off. They had a golden day off on Thursday. Kind of feels like this team didn't wake up from that golden day off on Thursday. Yeah, they kind of played well against Colorado, but they all three games were one run games. Very easily could have gone bad for the Dodgers day off, and then they come back and kind of felt like they were still going through the motions the last three games against the Diamondbacks, who came out scrapping and fighting and playing for something. And Dave Roberts said, yeah, they were out there fighting more than they were today. He's absolutely right. Tory Leavello's got that team believing. No, does he have him believing they're gonna win the division? Probably not, but they are right now two and a half games back in the wild card race. I mentioned the standings and how close it is in the East, in the Central, and in the American League, all three divisions starting to tighten the belt buckle in each of those races. The wildcard race in the American League right now it's the Yankees and Guardians, But then you got the Mariners, Twins, Red Sox, Astros, Orioles, Blue Jays, and Tigers all within three and a half games. That, my friends, is a race for the wildcard race in the American League. In the National League, you've got the Nationals four games back, the Padres three and a half, the Diamondbacks two and a half, Pirates two Cardinals one, and Miami tied with Philadelphia and the Cubs for the wild card spots two of those being available. That's also a great race for the two wildcard spots in the National League. So you're seeing a lot of teams back in the race as we get to the All Star break now two and a half weeks ago. As we alluded to, it's a lot different. Who's to say it doesn't change in a couple of weeks as we get to the end of July and we start looking at the MLB trade deadline and we start thinking, Okay, what's gonna happen on that Monday, August third by three pm Pacific, Things could change and swing back the other way where you got more teams now out of the race that we're in it. We'll see. There's still a lot of time between now in August third, but it's interesting to see out in the last two and a half weeks the races have tightened up and things have uh, things have really really gotten tight in the divisions outside of the NL West. Eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the number eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy all right, let's go out to the phones and let's see what you have to say. Ken Newport Beach. Start things off, Ken, how you doing fine?
Speaker 5: You know, it's been probably I think two or three years since I call them two consecutive days, which is I guess it's my fault. But there's a couple of little points here.
Speaker 4: Okay, go ahead, Ken.
Speaker 6: Chen after five innings as an eer rail over seven and we've got seven guys in the bullpen that won't be pitching for the next four days.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they yeah, the least. It's made no sense to me.
Speaker 7: None.
Speaker 5: Okay. Now, let's get back to a couple of other things. Nine errors in the last five games for the Dodgers, which is unbelievable. The Oscar last ten games is now two for thirty three. That's an sixty batting average with twelve strikeouts. Yet he's still out there, he's still playing. He should be on the bench once. He is three for his last twenty three. That's a one thirty average. He has three errors in his last four games and now has eleven on the year, which leads the major leagues for all third base. Now, the team had eight errors in the last few games it makes no sense. Last four games and four hits all day till the night they're two and five. They're gonna rest, They're gonna watch the All Star Game, and then they're gonna go to the East Coast. Something needs to change. They need to move some players around. And the two that I'm most concerned about is the Oscar and Luncie, the two guys that are doing the worst. I don't know, am I missing anything or just going goofy.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna panic quite yet. Can I appreciate it? Thanks for making us back to back calls for you here on Dodger Talk. I appreciate that that also means the Dodgers lost back to back games, because we usually only hear from Ken when the Dodgers lose. I'm not panicking yet on Ti Oscar or Max Muncie, and I think the Dodgers going to this break it's the perfect thing for him. And again I use the analogy like a boxer trying to find the ropes, trying to get that bell to ring. You hear the knocking of the stick for ten seconds. You got to get through those ten seconds, and the Dodgers today just needed to get through nine innings as fast as they could hopefully go out with the flurry, win the round, so to speak, win the game and get to the All Star Break, and in the boxing terms, get to the corner, and they get to the corner. But they lost the game, and they lost the last three to the Diamondbacks. Lost lost for their last five. Overall, there gonna regroup and they're gonna come back, and I gotta believe they're gonna be good to go for this series against the Yankees on Friday. This is a team that, again I think after the thirteen games in thirteen days, exhaled on Thursday and saw the All Star Break in front of them and got All Star itis. I just think it was part of it. Look at the it's only human to look at the standings and say, we're fourteen and a half games up. You know, we're gonna we're gonna just go through the motions here, or we're just you know, we'll be okay, we'll be okay, we'll get the wins, we'll figure it out. You know, we'll beat the Diamondbacks. Well, unfortunately, Arizona came to play and rallied to win today. For he had another comeback win for the Snakes as they beat the Dodgers by final of five to three. My guy, Blake in Colorado, thanks for being patient, Blake. Great to hear your voice. How you doing, Buddy good.
Speaker 8: I'm doing really, really good.
Speaker 4: I'm are you. Are you worried, Blake? This team's lost three in a row, four of their last five. You hear the callers, you hear the panic Dodger fans a little worried, are you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I'm kind of willy. But what all the three main things that the Dodgers need to approve on to make it back on the World Series.
Speaker 4: What do they need to improve on? Well? I think defense is the first thing, Blake. I think this defense has got to get back to playing clean baseball. They had twenty four errors going into this last week, and they committed nine nine errors this last week at a home against Colorado and the Arizona Diamondbacks. I mean they committed six in this last three games. They've got to play clean baseball, Blake. And it starts with the defense, and then it starts with the pitching. You cannot walk fourteen guys in three games. You cannot have two bocks. You cannot have two wild pitches again. Clean it up, so to speak, clean it up, button it up, and this Dodgers team will be okay. I think that's where it starts and where it ends. Clean it up, moving forward, award. Yeah yeah, what do you what do you got playing for the All Star Blake? You know what you know? Watch the Home Run Derby on Monday nights. See if c if our guy Dino Ebel can bring some of his home run Derby luck to Bryce Harper. He's gonna be pitching to him in the Home Run Derby. They go way back to their days in Las Vegas together when Bryce was growing up and Dino Eble was coaching out there in the minor leagues. And now he's gonna throw it to him. As far as the Home Run Derby, he's done it before for guys who have won, including Teoscar Hernandez just a couple of years ago. It's gonna be fun.
Speaker 8: At home.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, I'm a little disappointed because I love the All Star Game because it's the brightest stars on the biggest stage and we're not gonna have Otani. And again, injuries are part of it. I get it, Blake, but you know, it's it's stinks No Otani, no miss he's out right now. Then you know, no Aaron Judge, and you know who else we miss? No Paul Skeens because he's pitched this weekend, he won't be able to pitch.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 4: It's it's I want to see the big stars. I want to see them out there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but at least we have That's.
Speaker 4: Right, Andy pai has. The world is gonna get to know Andy pa Has here on Tuesday in the All Star Game. I got this sneaky feeling, Blake that Paz is gonna do something. He's gonna hit a home run. He's gonna put his stamp on this All Star Game on Tuesday night. I got a feeling it's one of those guys that around baseball they know him, but the fans may not know him in all the big cities, but certainly they're all gonna know who Andy pie Has is. I think after the All Star Game on Tuesday, Blake, great to hear your voice, buddy, don't be a stranger. Okay, I gonna be back. I'll be back next weekend when they wrap up the series in New York against the Yankees, hopefully a series ending win for the Dodgers as they go to the Bronx next weekend. Have you have you ever been to the old Yankee Stadium or the New Yankee Stadium. I don't think you're old enough to go to the the old one.
Speaker 8: No, but.
Speaker 10: Bucket leg Yeah.
Speaker 4: Tell dad, let's oh, we gotta get to the Bronx. We gotta see a game at Yankee Stadium. You gotta go to Fenway Pac in Boston. Got to get you to some of these these old historic venues in cities like New York to see some baseball. Yeah, all right, Blake, great to hear your foroys, my friend. We'll talk soon. Okay, talk sounds good. There he goes, my guy, Blake and Colorado Dodgers Baseball brought to by Medello Madelo The Mark of Fighter. I kind of wish the Dodgers showed a little bit more fight the last three games against the Arizona Diamond Basketball. Take a break, we'll come back. We'll hear from Max Monsey. Rough weekend for Max Munsey and air today. Through the ball into the back of Perdomo that tied the game in the sixth and the next batter single to drive in the game leading run for Arizona and they go on and win it by a final of five to three. We'll hear from Max Munsey and you next as Dodger Talk continues here on AM fi seventy l A Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 11: AM five seventy LA Sports at any time, and you can hear past episodes of Dodger Talk all of those things. Search AM five to seventy on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: We're streaming online. We stream every game too.
Speaker 11: Come find me back to Dodger Talk on AM five to seventy LA Sports and hit her.
Speaker 1: Waits These wings hits a drive deep center field. Way back it cause it has gone another run.
Speaker 2: The show starts right away on the first pitch.
Speaker 1: His thirty third career leadoff home run, ninth this year.
Speaker 4: Show Hey Otani does it again. A leadoff home run in the bottom of the first is ninth of this season, now one behind Davy Lobs Mookie Betts, the all time leader of Dodger leadoff home runs with thirty three. Show Hey Otani home run number twenty two on this season. As the Dodgers jumped out to a one nothing lead, had a three to nothing lead that was then erased win the sixth then with Italian and then go ahead run by the Arizona Diamondbacks attack on one more than ninth on a Tim Tawa home run as the Snake slither into Dodgers Stadium and sweep the Dodgers ay five to three win today. Ryan Thompson the winning relief at Gardo Enriquez gets the loft Paul Seawall. This is twenty second save of the season. Daniels Jewlis presents the home run Forecast for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniels Jelis gift card. Just visit Anti seventy la sports dot com, keyword home run into your name and you could win Daniels Jeweler's own the Dream eight six sixth, ninet eighty seven two five seventy. The Dodgers today with a couple of costly airs, one of throwing air into the back of Perdomo trying to advance from third to home from Max Munsei. The other drop fly ball in the fifth inning from Andy Paez, both leading to runs and they go ahead run. Then in the sixth inning by the Diamondbacks game the lead and they win it. Let's head back out to Dodger Stadium. On here from the Dodger All Star third baseman Maximuncie.
Speaker 2: What made you decide to go home instead of trying to go to second? Did you feel like you had time to maybe starter a double play?
Speaker 9: No, I mean you played out in your head, be folded the pitches thrown. You know, in that situation, anything in front of you to your right, you go home. Anything to your left you try to turn two. The ball took me to my right, so you know, instinctively, I just went home. He runner did his job by getting inside the line and it just clipped his shoulder. You know, throws online, but not online because.
Speaker 2: He was in the way uncharacteristically. In the last you know, handful of games, the defense hasn't been there for a team that's been a lead all year. What do you point your finger to on that?
Speaker 1: Just a slump?
Speaker 9: You know, you go through slumps both offensively and defensively mentally. It's just one of those stretches for us right now, and you know, I think everyone's ready for the break.
Speaker 2: Has a you know on this home stand, do you feel like you let the offense bleed into the defense or have you been able to keep those separate.
Speaker 9: No, it's been just been with those. I guess it's just one of those those times, at least for me personally, just going through slumps and you know, you just try to weather it.
Speaker 4: You guys, im slipping ahead to the break a little bit this weekend, just with these things happen now.
Speaker 1: Or is that coincidence that too?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 9: Both, No, thanks, just coincidence. We played really flat and uh, they they didn't. You know, they took they took advantage of opportunities we didn't. You know, It's just one of those.
Speaker 1: Series we have.
Speaker 9: We have them every now and then. I know we're just to win ever single game, but you know we we do lose them from time to time.
Speaker 2: You ran into series like this during the first half of the season where there's a little bit more at stake for the opponent than there is for you guys, Did you feel like that was part of the equation in this series for them?
Speaker 9: I can't speak for them, you know, I'm not I'm not in that clubhouse. I don't know what they were thinking. You know, Like I said, for for us, what we saw, we just we didn't take advantage of the opportunities they did, and we played sloppy. You look at sort of bench marks throughout the course of the season, and you guys returned back from great, Sure, what's the conversation.
Speaker 2: What are some things that you want to make sure you're doing.
Speaker 9: I don't know. Well, well, we'll see when when we get back. You know, I think for most guys it's time to you know, mentally and physically reset these next several days. And you know that's what that's what we're focused on.
Speaker 4: All right, there's Max Moncy. Yeah, it is a mental and physical reset and it has come at the perfect time for this Dodgers team as they get swept by the Arizona Diamondbacks today, a five to three loss to the Snakes. Rick and Sam Pedro, thanks for being patient. Welcome to Dodger Talk on this Sunday afternoon. How you doing.
Speaker 13: Late, Jim, Yeah, I just wanted to say, if history is any type of indicator of future success, we're right on cue. This happened last year right before the All Star Games, through the middle of August. I think we were six or seven under five hundred and about a five week period one hundred and six two games. You're gonna have these, You're gonna have swoons. And I know we're an older team, but we're a veteran team, and you can circle the calendar. We'll be there in October.
Speaker 4: Baby, I agree. I think they're gonna be Okay. This is just a lull here before the All Star break, and I appreciate the phone call. This is just uncharacteristic. We don't see this and haven't seen it at all this year, and I'm trying to think of the last time we saw a stretch in which this Dodgers team, at least defensively played like this. And again, there's three facets of a game. There's the hitting, there's the pitching, and there's the defense. And if you can overcome one of those and win a baseball game, that's a good job. And if you can overcome two of those, it's a really good job. But it's almost impossible to do. And the Dodgers this weekend had to overcome three days of just not playing good defense. I mean, quite frankly, the numbers speak for themselves. Six heirs committed by the Dodgers this weekend. Then you throw on the pitching side of it, Okay, can we overcome with good pitching and good hitting? Fourteen walks in this last three games against Arizona, two bocks, two wild pitches, and then today a pass ball which led to a runner advancing to second and then scoring two batters later. You got to clean it up. As we mentioned with my guy Blake a few minutes ago, what's the one thing the Dodgers need to do. They got to figure it out, figure it out fast, and clean it up on defense, because that's where it all starts. Because you can get away with some bad pitching this you've got good defense behind you. They'll make you look good. I mean, how many times have we said it? Honestly, a great play here, a great pick at first, a great catch in the outfield. You know, it makes up for a hard hit ball and a mistake made by the pitcher, like oh oh, that ball is just one hundred and ten miles an hour off the bat in the right center field. But Andy paj Has makes a great running catch and it's an F eight in your score book, and we move on to the next inning. But hey, that ball gets down, it's extra bases and it's a completely maybe different outcome that half inning, and that can change a complete game, and that can change the series. So you see what I'm talking about. Defense can set the tone for you, good or bad. Prime example is the sixth inning today. The Dodgers give up the lead. The throwing air by Max Munsey in the six ties the game. The next batter, Vargas, with an RBI single gave them the lead. Well, what happened in the bottom half of the sixth inning. The Dodgers come back out. The Dodgers have some hard hit balls, a ball hit that you know, Mookie Betts is right past the pitcher, looks like he's gonna beat it out. In Perdomo at short makes a running, bare handed grab and beats Bets by a step. And then a fly ball in the right center field and what happens, Yeah, a great catch. We're almost three guys collide into each other by the Arizona Diamondbacks, but Carol hangs on for the out. And then what happens. A hard hit ball by Kyle Tucker the opposite away with the shift on or the minimize shift, and what is Nolan? A Nolan Ernado do finds the fountain of youth and a ball hit to his his bare hand side bear backhands a ball that's hit scorching off the bat of Kyle Tucker and should have been a base hit to left field. Yeah, should have, But great defense stopped that. Great defense prevented the Dodgers in three straight at bats from getting guys on base. Who knows what happens if Perdomo doesn't make that play, Mookie Betts is on, Maybe he overthrows first, Bets gets the second as a leadoff hitter. What happens next? It could open the door for the Dodgers in that sixth inning on what was a four to three game, and maybe they pick up a crooked number. But you know what stopped it. Defense. Defense can be the greatest stopper or killer of a baseball team, and it has killed the Dodgers the last three games against the Arizona Diamondbacks. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy is our telephone number. Let's go to David in Kansas. David, how you doing, my friend? Thanks for checking in from the middle of America.
Speaker 7: Well, I finally got an iPhone a couple of years ago. I retired when I was eighty years old. I've got more time, you know, a lot of time. But when I was a kid, I listened to the Dodgers and the Yankees all the time. And when television finally came to my hometown, I got to watch these guys and Mickey Mantle and Yogi Bearra and all those. God, I just fell in love with baseball. And then I kind of got away with it, you know, working on a career and all that. But anyway, I finally started to settle down a little bit, and I came to Kansas Church to take care of my parents, and I was I was watching television. I finally got a television, and I didn't one for a long time, don't have one now, but I watched I was watching TV and there was this sports show that came on, and I've never seen one like this. There was a shot of the studio. There were four people in the studio and there were three guys and a woman. And the guy was kind of big and burly and had a mustache, and he would be talking a lot to the guy that was sitting to his left. He kept calling Tim, and I finally heard your name for the very first time, Tim Cakes, and that's stuck in my mind for I don't know how many years it was. Let's see, that would have been in probably early twenty oh two, so you could ask how long it was. And so anyway, I heard you when you were a youngster, I guess you'd be a youngster, you know, his producer. And now look at you. You're doing everything and you're just so good at your job and you fit right in. And I'm so proud of the way you handled yourself. And that uh that mister Hay, he's very good. I like him a lot. But you guys had a great stick about, you know, not liking each other or I just get a big out of it. But uh, you know that that whole that whole team you've got there, the radio guys and everything else. I listen all the time to your stations. You've got four stations there, you've got the Clipper station, then you've got the main five. Then you've got five seventies, and then you've got you've got the Fox National National featout and then there's another k.
Speaker 5: I b A.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's the next. So those are all on my uh button push thing, so I can listen to just about anything. And and this soccer the way the way Fox and your station's handled this soccer it's just wonderful. That's been more fun. And I've had any summer a long time, and you're you're, you're a great part of it. You do, you do a good job. I'm a little suspicious about your ability to talk as fast as it sounds like you're talking at the end of some of these commercials.
Speaker 1: More than.
Speaker 4: I speed that up, David, I pulled the curtain back for you. That's a little uh, that's a little computerized editing there speeds up the voice for you. But David, I appreciate the nice words. Thank you for uh for for all the compliments, And yeah, David vass Is is great and does a superior job in covering the Dodgers on a daily basis as the best Dodger insider, and we're honored to have him here at m FI seventy LA Sports and share him with our friends over at Sports net LA and of course MLB Network. David, thank you so much. I love the fact you're listening on the iHeartRadio app. And please don't be a stranger checking more often.
Speaker 7: All right, Yeah, well I did sometimes I get pretty fired up. I'm kind of disappointed enough in the Dodgers right now, but I mean stuff that's happening to them. I don't, I don't you know what I think it is. That's that I think the stadium is mad at the baseball guys for letting those football guys run all the place in there.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know if football has or football at soccer has taken over recently. David, great to have you on the show. Thanks for checking in and for being a Dodger fan and am FI seventy fan from Kansas. Really appreciated. That is awesome. That is awesome. Thank you David for all the nice words. Yeah, football soccer taken over. We got down to the final four in the World Cup, and you're gonna be able to hear the championship game, by the way, right here on ANFI seventy LA Sports. You're gonna hear both semi final games. In fact, this week Tuesday and Wednesday at noon, we have got both semi final FIFA World Cup games right here on ANFI seventy LA Sports. And then we got the championship game next Sunday. The Dodgers and Yankees play Sunday Night. Baseball at four o'clock. That game. The World Cup Championship final will start at noon, so we're gonna have the entire soccer game leading right into Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck a week from today. That's gonna be pretty awesome to have both of those happening Dodgers Yankees and right before at the championship game of the World Cup. And that is sweet. All right, let's go back out to the phones. Let's squeeze in Billy for mission viah. Thanks for being patient, Billy. How you doing pretty good?
Speaker 12: Thanks for taking my call. You know, besides, TI was amazing, you know, art to the weekend after having coming in with one home run and just a few eight RBIs. How about mccannon last night hitting his first home run ever against Yamamoto.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he had two jacks last night and it wasn't even the lineup again today for the Arizona Diamondbacks against you know, against the Emichian So it was a good weekend for Arizona. Thanks for the call there, Billy. It was certainly a It was telling to see these two team square off in this final series before the All Star break. Clearly the Dodgers of the superior team, that is no secret. But they didn't play that way this weekend. They played down and they played flat. They didn't have energy, The defense wasn't there. They weren't sharp pitching wise, not like we're used to seeing. And you know, you can say, well, it's a blip on the radar. It's just a hiccup of a season, probably right, And I'm gonna lean towards that. But they need to take this break for the All Star a few days that they're off rest mentally, rest emotionally, and certainly rest physically, and come back or ready to go for what is gonna be a second half blitz to start off post All Star break. I mean, the Dodgers are gonna get the Yankees next weekend Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and the Yankees are playing hot baseball right now. Then the Dodgers will head to Philadelphia, where a lot of the contingent is going right now, as they get ready to get on a plane, Dave Roberts is coaching staff and all the Dodger All Star players heading to Philadelphia for the Midsummer Classic. The Dodgers as a team will be in Philadelphia after the three games against the New York Yankees. But then the Dodgers will head back to New York, probably via train. Is the way I expect that it could be doing, which is kind of cool and old timey, right, go from New York to Philadelphia on the train and the s see that'll be fun, and then head back to New York, this time to for a three game series against the Mets. And they'll have a day off on the twenty third to enjoy themselves. So before they get back home at the end of the month, it is going to be a road trip like no other to start the second half of the season. So they better buckle up and be ready to go. They better figure out what they did this weekend, throw it away, put it behind them, and get ready for the start of the second half of the season. Is he final call before the All Star break here on postgame Dodger Talking, which the Diamondbacks come back and beat the Dodgers five to three. Is he how we feeling?
Speaker 14: I'm not too happy right away with nineteen on Friday. I don't know if I will apply to you last night when you said but anyway, never mind, I'm just stay with this team mine now.
Speaker 10: Say you say, well, I want is saying no energy. They just play sloppy, deep offense. I don't think I can take this season anymore. But yeah, I did thing with like dad last year too, so they'll be in the playoffs. I'm not that well, I just didn't like them game sweep. I gotta have to dinner with friend in my friend and mine who used.
Speaker 14: To live in ever well she does live in Arizona now and she's sitting down this week, and I'm see the Diamondback now, So now I'm gonna have.
Speaker 7: To deal with it this week.
Speaker 10: Thanks a lot, dog just for that. No, no, no, yeah, but anyway, I but listen, they just they got They just have to just have to play better. It was no excuse though, losing to the Diamondback. I'm stova being swepting. Beside that, I hate the Diamondback. I always hated.
Speaker 14: The Diamondbacks in twelfth thirteen.
Speaker 10: I'm still I'm still magic them in twenty fifteen.
Speaker 14: Anyway, but that beside that. But yeah, the Dodgers be okay, fan, just irritating, just vicating, no.
Speaker 10: Excuse, and I don't know what to say anymore.
Speaker 14: I'm just spreadsay doing this team right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, anyway, so all right is I think a lot of Dodger fans are frustrated as well because the way they went into the All Star Break. But I'm confident this team will come back out focused and ready to go here in the second half of the season. Thank you Asy for checking in and that's gonna do it for Dodger Talk on this Sunday afternoon. Many thanks to calling you the best of the best, one of the good guys. Check out the boxing show Not Quite Ringside every Saturday at nine am with him and Sammy Long. It is a fan fantastic listen great interviews. Check them out on social media on Instagram, Twitter as well. You can follow me at Tim Kates t I M c A t ees love the follow We can chaut it up there as well. As we head into the All Star Break, Dodgers have time to relax, reflect and get ready to go for back to back to back World Series championships. The second half surge begins on Friday in New York with a three game series against the Yankees. First pitch of four oh five, Moron Goo Casino, Dodgers on deck. We'll get it all started at three have a great safe rest your Sunday afternoon, enjoy your all star break. Dodger fans breathe, it's gonna be Okay solo. Everybody than