Speaker 1: Over. We looked the next year.
Speaker 2: Well, hey, look everybody, and I heard you talk into Willie because I hadn't heard you voice that that you were because I kind of thought the same thing the other night when those guys were going so nuts in the locker room.
Speaker 1: And didn't love it. Yeah, I didn't hate it.
Speaker 3: Then.
Speaker 2: That's why it was a little overboard, considering you guys got a long wait.
Speaker 1: When you win something I get of significance.
Speaker 4: You pop champagne bottles so you can be excited, you can have the T shirts on, we're going the playoffs and you know, get the whole deal.
Speaker 2: But that was a little much. And again two days later, here we are. It's a long hungover right home.
Speaker 1: Yes it is, Yes it is.
Speaker 2: Well, let's talk about those Reds and well, what can you say? I was going to say what went wrong? But I think we all knew going in what was about to happen.
Speaker 4: And our good buddy Jeff Carr from Locked on Reds joins us, Jeff, how are you, Eddie?
Speaker 5: Rocky's doing good?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's like you said, It's like, you know, the Reds showed up to the bakery, found out that the apple fritters were fresh and then realized they forgot their wallet at home, so.
Speaker 1: There's no credit.
Speaker 4: Yes, Yeah, and look, you know, kind of a big moment. You know, it's it's three to two in the sixth inning, they load the bases, no outs, and it's force out, strikeout, l E, strikeout bang.
Speaker 1: I mean, just like that.
Speaker 4: I mean, I feel like that same scenario, the moment to capitalize and jump on something and take advantage, was missed so many times this year, and the same thing happened last night.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you kind of hope that they would have all come together and galvanized and when they get those opportunities they wouldn't miss them. But you're right, it was a carbon copy of what we've seen multiple different times this year against good and bad opponents. I mean, they were a team that rose to the occasion against teams that were above five hundred. They seemed to play them much better than they played against teams that were below five hundred. But the one exception that was the Los Angeles Dodgers, who took five out of six in the season series, and those two games at Dodger Stadium looked like the exact copy of what happened late in August where the bats just did not show up. Neither did the pitching staff. And you know, when it comes to baseball, if you don't pitch and you don't hit, then you never win.
Speaker 4: Jeff, is there as we kind of reflect on this past season, is there a moment you can point to, like a decision that was made of a player to keep, a player to let go, or or something involving the season that you can point to now looking back and say that was kind of the turning point.
Speaker 5: As far as the roster decision goes.
Speaker 6: I think the turning point really propelled them to the playoffs whenever they finally brought up south Stewart. I think that he is a guy they can really commit to long term, and now they've got to figure out exactly which position he's going to play long term, because it feels like they keep doing this where they have a guy who can hit, but they don't know where he can field, and they're just kind of thrown somewhere and then he he's okay at that defensive position. I think they need to commit with south Stewart at one position. But I really liked what happened to this lineup whenever he was brought up. I think it's clear that he's a guy they can lean on next year.
Speaker 2: Jeff Carr is our guest, and Jeff, what about Ellie? What's going to happen? Disappoint yep, yeah, Fin just.
Speaker 6: A plateau, Yeah yeah, kind of a kind of a year where you know, some things were good, some things were not. I mean, we got to see the glove get better. But at the same time, like he took that strikeout rate and cut up by six percent, so the plate discipline got a lot better. It's just we lost the power and we lost the speed due to you know, a couple of injuries that he really worked through halfway through the season. But I think that ultimately this was a year that he can look back on and say, all right, I did the one sixty two things.
Speaker 5: We're not doing that anymore.
Speaker 6: We got to figure this out as far as like, yeah, like the one fifty eight is probably a better, better target for him.
Speaker 4: Here's a big question I have so last year I can't recall, but the amount of the red stole I believe almost a record amount of bases last season, Okay, and but this year that didn't really seem to translate and if you've got a team that can't hit, hit the ball of the ballpark, no one had twenty three or more home runs. Why did the Reds not steal? Why are they not as aggressive on the base pass this year?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: That was my biggest criticism of them from a position standpoint, was that the fact that, all right, you don't have the power, so you've got to manufacture runs in other ways. And they, at least according to Baseball SA Hot attempted over ninety less steals this year than they did last year. And we're talking about like the same roster. It's not as if they lost speed. It's not as if guys were lost from the roster that they had last year. They still had the same guys. I think it's just the managerial change where yes, they were efficient, but according to Baseball Samon again you know another you know, advanced statistic website, they actually were less efficient this year than they were last year. Despite the fact that they were more aggressive and there were more outs on the base paths.
Speaker 5: Their base running value this year was less than it was last year.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So yeah, yeah, I really think that's got to be looked at going into next year because Guys like Ellie and Matt McClain and even Doelvie Marte have that ability to give you that extra base on a steal, and you can't just go station to station.
Speaker 2: Well, let's talk about what the Reds need to do in the off season. I heard Rock and Willie with seg we're talking about Hunter Green. What do you do with them?
Speaker 6: I think Hunter is he's still an ace, and I struggle to put too much value on that first playoff start. You know, I heard that he was tipping pitches or whatever, But to be honest with you, after that home run that he gave up the show. Hey, Otani, he stopped pitching and he started throwing. He really went back to where he was early on in his career, which was, yeah, he's got the stuff, but he really needs to develop the pitching acumen. I think he's done that. I think it was just one night. It seemed to leave him, and I think he's gonna be okay. The interesting thing with him, and with anybody on this roster is Nickkral has a lot of square pegs and only a couple of square holes. There's a lot of round holes he's got to fill and he's got to figure out where he's going to get those shround pegs from, because you got different guys that can fill these infield spots, but you only got four infield spots to fill. And you can't put Gavin Lux at second base of Matt McLain still here, and you can't really put South Stewart at the corners if either Spencer Steer or Key Brian Hay is still here, and where are they all going to fit? I think that Nick Crawl's got to get really creative here with some trades this offseason to set this roster up for success next year because the main thing that they need guys is an anchor in this lineup. They didn't have that this year and it was clear. You know, every so often was fun to see guys step up, but there was nobody that you could count on to step up in those situations.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if I were in Charger things, I'll tell you what I'd do. I'd I'd say, Hunter Green, thanks for everything. Let's get what we can out you. And I know this is easier said than done, but get As you just mentioned, a veteran, no nonsense, no BS guy who's been there, been to some playoffs and a guy that surefire lock is going to hit forty home runs. That's I don't I know that again, that's it's not the easiest guy to get, but I feel like that's what this this lineup in this team needs.
Speaker 6: It just feels like a punted power and it makes no sense at Great American Ballpark.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you play to.
Speaker 6: Your strengths, and in baseball, like you have a little bit of different field dimensions and things like that that you can play to your strengths and weaknesses.
Speaker 5: And it just doesn't feel as though they've done that.
Speaker 6: And I feel like that is spot on exactly what they need to go get because you watched so many at bats in those two wild card games where it was a pitch that was left.
Speaker 5: Right over the middle and it was either fouled.
Speaker 8: Off looked at, and it's like, no, you got to crush that man. And that was multiple guys at the play, not just one.
Speaker 2: Well, I think Rock pointed out a little while ago, how many times did we see that during the season, opportunities man just left stranded And exactly with that, Jeff, we will let you go, buddy. It's been a real pleasure and we'll talk to you.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah today, we'll get you before man as this Red season, hopefully team starts to make some moves and we have you come on and break it all down. But yeah, really appreciate you joining us. You do a great job with that podcast, and we'll talk soon.
Speaker 8: Thanks you guys, Go Red Partner.
Speaker 7: Thanks buddy.
Speaker 2: Jeff Carr locked on Red's podcast and yeah, man, you want to see him do a couple of key things, and you know, I tend to agree with you on that one hundred green thing. Get what you can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just think, you know, I I've been in the NFL with guys that it's like they're good players, and it's like but it's just kind of time to part ways. And if you can get something, hopefully good out of him and maybe that helps his career, helps him to kind of, as Jeff said, turn into a pitcher and not a thrower and in return the retch and get somebody that they can kind of hitch their wagon to.
Speaker 1: I think that that's what needs to happening.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 2: With that, we had two traffic and weather. What is going on.
Speaker 9: From the UC Health Traffic Center, the UC Cancer Center offers personalized prostate cancer care, exclusive clinical trials and treatments you won't find anywhere else. Call five one three five EG five U SECC on southbound seventy one. An accident now cleared out the renting road. However, Paddock Road still got that crash between California and Laidlaw Avenue. Traffic right now slow on northbound seventy five from Mitchell Up towards Paddock Road about a ten minute delay as well in westbound two seventy five. That's down the one lane near the Kentucky Indiana line. Who repairs on the Carroll Cropper Bridge and traffic is slow from the Petersburg exit. I'm Atizelleka. News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for toned partly cloudy skies fifty five for tomorrow. The forecast cloudy seven hundred wl Yeah eighty seven Right now it is eighty two News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 10: Is it true Tom Brennanman arranges the food on his dinner plate in alphabetical order?
Speaker 5: That is not true, he said true.
Speaker 10: Government scientists have studied Tom Brenneman's brain to better mankind.
Speaker 5: That's not true, but sounds like a pretty good idea.
Speaker 7: He said.
Speaker 10: True, Tom Brenneman is the best way to dark your Dave. You bet it's true.
Speaker 11: I've got the latest news, weather, traffic, sports, investment, news, and always a good time. It's my morning gift to you.
Speaker 10: Come Brenhaman tomorrow morning at five am on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 12: This report is sponsored by Wendy's Get to number one selling bacon cheeseburgers, Wendy's JBC plus medium fries and soft drink for just eight bucks total game change.
Speaker 2: Back with Eddie and Rocky and Rocky traveling all the time you always you generally rent a car like you don't take you take uber here, I'd.
Speaker 4: Say ninety percent of time, ninety five percent of time you get a car. Yeah, there's some places you gotta go.
Speaker 2: But sometimes you're traveling, you take a cab or anuber of course. Yeah, yeah, I've heard out in California. The big thing out there is though what do they say called the way mos the cabs?
Speaker 7: Yet?
Speaker 1: Is it the driverless cabs?
Speaker 2: A driverless cab?
Speaker 4: I've heard about these, I've not I've yet to to ride in one, but I will. I assume I will one day, and I'm excited to give my report.
Speaker 2: That's what I was going to ask you, because it seems like that would be something you'd look in there and go, uh huh. Not this time. I'm out.
Speaker 4: If I were downtown and I had to get to another place downtown where I knew I wasn't going above the speed limit of like, you know, thirty, i'd probably do it, but I wouldn't. I don't know if i'd take one from you know, on the on the highway. Maybe that's a dumb strategy, but that's how I feel about it.
Speaker 2: Well, this happened out in California, in the San Francisco area. The San Bruno Police out there, we're conducting, you know, one of those duy thing checkpoint dealies. When the officers reported seeing because the cops are on the lookout for that, they see you turn around and go away from it. Of course that's a red flag red flat media. Well, this this cab comes, starts approaching it and does a U turn and drives away. Well, they chase it down, pull it over. It's a way mow. A taxi opens the door and there some four guys sitting in the back of the back going oh no, he just turned around and went that way.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's interesting.
Speaker 2: So the uh the com said the on the on their Instagram page or the police department said that's right. No driver, no hands, no clue. Police said, since there was no human driver, a ticket cannot be issued, saying their citation books quote, don't have a box for robot.
Speaker 4: There you go, another reason to ride in one of those. I would try, now, would you?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, yeah, I guess. I've read people posted on like Facebook and instant and all that stuff that they are traveling say out that way, and they've taken them and they said it was pretty cool. Fact, I've heard them that they have like in Austin, downtown Austin, I think they have among other places.
Speaker 1: I'm sure they said they have them, saying uh.
Speaker 4: Do you think do you think by you know, in your lifetime, it'll be like we're certainly in like urban travel, it'll be like all driverless.
Speaker 7: Oh I think so. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it's not going to be too long until trucks are going to semis are going to be robots.
Speaker 4: You know how many people in this country are are involved and receive their paycheck via the transportation industry.
Speaker 2: Huge dent. I'm just something as basically as the guys have been the ferries on the river and the trains, think of all the freight trains.
Speaker 1: And here's what I've always been charging.
Speaker 4: People are like, oh, what if one wreck, Well, one will wreck, but what it'll compare the data and compared to the mount of recks with human drivers versus the amount of recks with robot drivers, it'll be drastically less via the algorithm.
Speaker 1: And they'll say, well, here's the justification for it.
Speaker 2: And what will happen is that a driver will do something and confuse the hell out of the driverless system.
Speaker 8: And then.
Speaker 4: I heard a while back, I talked to a guy who's uh he knew somebody that was in the driverless car industry, and this is like ten years ago, and he said the thing that they couldn't figure out was the the the double nightmare scenario.
Speaker 1: Like you're you're driving down the.
Speaker 4: Road and you know a kid, a little kid jumps out into the road and you have two choices. You can run the kid over or you sway and you hit the car next to you and kill that family, like.
Speaker 1: So, what how do you what do you?
Speaker 4: What program? Which way do you do it? And that that I was interesting. He said, that's the thing that they're that that they couldn't figure out. It has no conscience.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I kill the kid, or kill you, or kill the family of too just quiet. But okay, what are the probabilities here? Well, I'll go with that one. Right with that, we head to the news News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 10: News Traffic and Weather News Radio seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati.
Speaker 13: No hope right now of a quick end the government shutdown. It's the three point thirty report. I'm Matt Reee breaking now. This is day two of the shutdown. Lawmakers not in session because of the Jewish holiday Yam Kapoor. However, tomorrow more votes expected on the budget bill. It's already failed in the Senate. Democrats say they won't support it unless Affordable Care Acts subsidies are extended. Democrats also want to roll back Medicaid cuts that were included in the so called Big Beautiful Bill.
Speaker 14: It remains to be seen ultimately where this kind of blame game lands.
Speaker 5: But right now.
Speaker 14: Democrats I talk to say they do believe they have the momentum, and certainly some acknowledge they are getting pressure from those in their bays to demonstrate that they are putting up a fight even while they're in the minority and they don't control the House, they don't control the Senate, and they've got Donald Trump in the White House.
Speaker 13: That's ABC's jobrian the President reportedly working on which agencies he can cut from it. And now we check the roads for you this afternoon, the latest traffic and weather together.
Speaker 9: From the UC Health Traffic Center. The UC Cancer Center offers personalized prostate cancer care, exclusive clinical trials and treatments you won't find anywhere else. Call five one three five eighty five. UCCC down to only one accident right now. That's on Paddock Road between California and laid Law Avenue. Otherwise they're going to find some slow traffic on southbound seventy one between Martin Luther King and Fort Washington Way. Another slow down northbound seventy five between Mitchell and Paddock up to a ten minute delay in through there, and onto seventy five heading southbound. That's down the one lane. You're the Indiana Kentucky line. Traffic is running slow back from US fifty and Lawrenceburg. I'm at Eazelaka news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 10: Now the latest forecast from the Train Heating and Cooling Weather Center on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 15: Another day well above average as our afternoon high will top out in the load of mid eighties with some sunshine. Few clouds could move in later this evening, but overall still going to be very warm.
Speaker 5: Tonight.
Speaker 15: We'll dip down to the upper fifties before we warm right back to the load of mid eighties on our Friday, Sticking with sunny skies from a severe weather station, I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 13: Devager's eighty one degrees is game day forecast built by American Home Tech. A strong defense starts with a solid roof americanhome Tech dot Com. Bengals Lions Sunday afternoon pay Course Stadium. That's a four to twenty five start, and right now the forecast has sunshine and hot with a high of eighty five. Haplton County Sheriff's Office says they are investigating the shooting of a five year old girl at a home on Elwyn in Silverton late last night. The least say it appears the little girl was shot accidentally by her six year old brother. Victim seriously injured but expected to survive. A parent murder suicide in Colraine Township two people did. A person murdered forty six year old Antonia Blevins of Westwood, found at the Intown Suites on col Raine Avenue, and the suspected killer, who then apparently killed themselves found at a home on al Crest Drive. Three day waiting period before homeless people in Cincinnati can be forced to leave a particular areas no longer city policy rules changed for how the city deals with people who are camping at bus stops and streetcar stations.
Speaker 16: This is another action that this council is taking to prioritize public safety, to prioritize folks who want to be able to use our incredible public transit, and prioritizing enforcement in order to make that happen.
Speaker 13: That's the mayor after Pure of all carries a potential fine of one hundred and fifty dollars, but only applies to vagrants at Cincinnati transit centers. An update on the case of a fiery attack on a couple of homeless people happened in Camp Washington.
Speaker 17: Even though the victims in the case were not physically harmed, the Hemiley County prosecutor says there must be justice. Twenty two year old Charles Mitchell of Fairfield has now been indicted on two counts of aggravated arson after he allegedly threw a canister shell firework at two homeless individuals in August of last year. They were sleeping at an abandoned bank building in Camp Washington at the time. Countie Pillich says acts of violence that prey on the most vulnerable people in the community cannot be tolerated, and Mitchell is now facing up to twenty two years behind bars. He's currently being held on thirty thousand dollars bond. Rick Yuchino, Who's ready to go seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 13: On Wall Street half hour from the closed down is up one hundred and Tennis P five hundred up seven NASDAC up ninety six Game three of the Wildcard and Cleveland nose score between the Guardians and the Tigers. There in the second Game three of the Wildcard at Wrigley Padres at Chicago, five oh eight is the start time game three Red Sox Yankees coming up tonight at eight eight.
Speaker 5: Seven hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 18: Here's a Bengals of a Body by Good Spirits and Party Town with thirteen locations in Northern Kentucky. Bengals back on the field today getting ready for their battle up against the Lions sunny at pay Corse Stadium with a four to twenty five pm kickoff. Preview the game tonight on the Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tove Roundtable Show presented by Postman Law Live from Longnecks and rich Wood with Lance and Rocky at six oh five.
Speaker 7: Right here on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 18: Thursday Night Football NFC West Battle with the forty nine Ers and Rams Action at seven thirty on ESPN fifteen thirty Bill Dennison seven hundred Wow Sport.
Speaker 13: Watch your next updated for Matt Reese News Radio seven hundred double.
Speaker 5: Do you all wishing the holidays could come early? If you own or manage your business? They can with help from iHeartRadio. People are all rockey.
Speaker 2: We were just talking going under the break there rock about the driverless cabs. Yes, now, you and I had not yet been to one, but we would like to experiment with one one day. Well, let's talk to Dave and Dayton. Hey, Dave, what you got experience with one of these things?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 19: Out in San Francisco. But I real quick, are we in the say sports cycle of sadness where we're already giving up on the Bengals and looking forward Opening Day?
Speaker 1: I'd like to say we're not, but I'll let you know. Monday's all right.
Speaker 19: Well, pickle way Mo and that lives in a retirement place out in San Francisco. So ninety year old aunt and we were out to lunch and I said, we saw way Mo. I go, let's take this back to your place.
Speaker 8: Let's try this out.
Speaker 19: So got the app in order to weigh mo and uh yeah, it was just kind of from the future, you know, just pulled up and doors opened for you. But on the way back of storm. You know, San Francisco is the weather can change any moment. A big storm came in and the way Mode dropped us off just at the address point.
Speaker 8: But her retirement community is a.
Speaker 19: City block long and the drop off area is uphill, so it stopped where we had a good you know, one hundred yards of a walk in a pouring a downpour where you know, if you're in an uber, you just sell, hey, hey, pull me up there in the overhang or the drop off area. So that was one flow that it just has a coordinate a location that is dropping you off that And there's also something in Srancis known as the Waymo Club, similar to the Mile High Club in my drift, so that that can happen with way Mos too, So you might want to, you know, check your back seat when you get in there.
Speaker 2: But anyway, you know, like something good comes around, somebody's got to ruin it with something gross.
Speaker 1: You know, I never thought of that.
Speaker 19: Uh yeah, you could be a little opportunistic. Uh a driverless car, let's say so.
Speaker 2: But there's there's like cameras, like fifty cameras in that car, right, Yeah, But.
Speaker 19: I don't know, you know, I don't know. I haven't heard of anyone being red. I think they got bigger problems to worry about in San Francisco.
Speaker 1: Then, But what would the world not pay thanks to have a video of Ed and Dev getting it on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man paid millions for the kid. Would be a pretty short drive. I had to drive from outside the terminal to the round car station.
Speaker 2: I'd be like from here to Kenwood Towns that I'd already be dressed and taking a nap.
Speaker 1: Had wake up.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, that's great. Great, but any whoes.
Speaker 4: In other news that on this day in history nineteen sixty five, Gatorade's first tested in a college football game. Okay, October two, during a football game between the University of Florida Gators and LSU, the UF players tested a newly cancocked sports drink and helped them regain all the essential chemicals and and all that stuff from sweating. Their own school is developed in their science labs a drink to fight dehydration, rebalance their bodies, lecture LTEs, blood, sugar, blah blah blah blah blah. And so they tried in the game and it seemed to Gators went on to win the match, and it was like one hundred and two, just muggy kind of day, right, So like, hey, this is something helps now you got to Yeah, you go all the way back to earlier that summer, you know that the coach had kind of got together with some of the scientists, like, hey, you got to invent us something here to replenish our election. Life kind of thing. So they went to work and it's like some of the early, you know, early concoctions of it were so bad that players were throwing up because it tasted so bad, which is which is pretty funny. But of course Gatorade has now become an iconic brand. By twenty fifteen, the royalties for the group that invented Gatorade eclipse one billion dollars.
Speaker 1: They get one billion dollars a year in revenue. Damn so on, yes, sir, yep.
Speaker 4: I guess yeah. They One of the things they did when it was so bad, they added lemon juice. One of the one of the doctors, doctor Cage's wife, put some lemon juice in. I don't cut it cut the gross factor down a bit.
Speaker 8: See.
Speaker 2: I remember when that came out. Just a little kid, but you see these commercials. I remember seeing the commercials on television and I thought, we need that. Oh yeah, I mifleet. I played a little league baseball or something, but I was like, I need to have that because I get dehydrated.
Speaker 15: It was.
Speaker 4: But I felt the early I remember Gatorade, you know early you know, I guess mid late eighties. I felt like it wasn't as sweet as the gatorade now hit her. Now there's a lot of sugar in it, which makes it taste better. Right, Well, I always I just drink the zero sugar stuff. Yeah if I if I drink it now, I drink the zero.
Speaker 2: But but just like the regular stock red Gatorade, which is the best, it's still very good.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 1: That has hit a lot of sugar.
Speaker 2: Because you know, I got to stay hydrated with all that working on. I do son exactly all the I mean, yeah, my electrolyts and troglodytes.
Speaker 1: And all that stuff. I mean true light, all the lights.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you get a replant one, especially if you take those long rides in the uh in the Waimo canted and.
Speaker 2: All that's going on. Man's or a better word, old man out uh with the with that thought mine, let's check in with traffic and weather. What is going on?
Speaker 9: From the UC Health Traffic Center. The UC Cancer Center offers personalized prostate cancer care, exclusive clinical trials and treatments you won't find anywhere else. Call five one three five eighty five UCCC on Montgomery Road. An accident now cleared out over at Galbreath Road, Paddock Roade. However, still got that accident between California and Laidlaw Avenue northbound on US forty two. It's another accident that's approaching Township Line Road in northbound seventy one seventy five slow traffic between Turf Way and twelfth looking at a five minute delay. I met He'saldek on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for tonighted partly cloudy skies, fifty five for tomorrow partly cloudy, and eighty seven. Right now, it is eighty two news Radio, seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 20: It's Rockie Boy, It's lens mcamishere, and it's a whole lot of orange and black. During the Roundtables show tonight at six on seven hundred WLW. The whole festive Bengals coverage.
Speaker 21: Only twenty twenty five Iheartradium Music Festival presented yes.
Speaker 1: Inday's topic is fat loss on budget.
Speaker 4: I've always said this, you know this, Eating healthy is either time consuming or expensive or usually both. You know some but he's going to give us some ideas on some things we can buy at the grocery store that are both cost effective and good for you. So I think it's a very very very very good segment we'll have had at four o'clock.
Speaker 2: And speaking of expensive ways to go about something, Lisa Catalano is a person from the Bay Area in Cali, forty two years old. She is single. And what she has done because she went through a tough breakup during the spring and has had bad you know, bad juju on the dating apps and all that stuff. You hear those stories all the time. So what she decided to do is rend a dozen digital billboards along Highway one oh one out there and if you know Highway went, I think that's the coastal road, so it's well traveled. I can't be cheap, no, she said, I'm I'm putting myself out there. She said, she's a vintage clothes retailer. She must sell a lot old clothes. Just said, people be shocked if they knew how much this is costing me. And she just has these billboards on these digital you know, there's uh uh lit up things at Alternate Marylisa dot com. So she's set up her own website where you can go and basically she tells you about her and let's see I hate stories like this where you basically apply to be her boyfriend.
Speaker 1: You apply kind of the opportunity to possibly with her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's she says, she's ready to land a man at all costs. So uh yeah, so she's got all these uh these billboards up and stuff. Now, So if you can't meet somebody through uh you know, an app that tells you you tell each other. It says right on there who you are, and what you like and what you don't like?
Speaker 1: Right interested in this? Not interested in this? Pretty cut and dry.
Speaker 2: So you put up a billboard that every Tom Dick and Harry nutbag crazy person in the world sees.
Speaker 1: Who do you think you're going to get? Nutbag Tom Dick and Harry's correct?
Speaker 2: And well one of the reasons I wanted to bring that up too is back when when Debon I were obviously very serious. I just hadn't popped the question yet. But h her her dear late mother. So it was I forget which the local jewelry uh store was, or chain or whatever, but put up a billboard, that's all. It's one of those add to it, you know. And all that said was marry me, Debbie, okay, And uh so her mom saw that, it was like, oh my god, you didn't Is that she just call a debout? Making a needless to say, every one of her that's what she was still working a channel nine.
Speaker 1: Every one of he? And where was it that you said it was?
Speaker 2: There were a couple of them around town, just said, marry me, Debbie.
Speaker 1: Now knowing you like I know you. You obviously didn't do it, but you've tried to pass it off like you did.
Speaker 22: Of course.
Speaker 1: Oh man, the amount of money I spent on this, so.
Speaker 5: Yes or not?
Speaker 1: That's funny.
Speaker 2: But yeah, her her mom went. Guy got there for a couple of minutes, and it took she really had to talk her to really talk her down going. I'm pretty sure I know him well enough to know that that's not his style. Had eighty his styles.
Speaker 5: You never know what him.
Speaker 1: He's crazy. How do you get along with the mother in law?
Speaker 2: I got along with a great, wonderful good.
Speaker 4: It's always good. I get along great with my mother in law. Yeah, but what's not the like between the two of us? Yes, here exactly. I don't give him any any ammunition to hate us, right.
Speaker 20: We'll see it.
Speaker 2: There was I always and I'm sure you were the same way I always tried to flirt. Is the wrong eyed it was? It would be the wrong way to put it. Put a little lacquer on that way. There you Goin't none wrong with that?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 2: And uh amp it up a little right, Yeah, And I put a little extra on it perfectly described treat it nice. The one well I got to we had gotten to know each other real well, and that when I first met her just couldn't cook a lick. I mean I I would bring her to my house and cook, and I can't. I can't cook. But I could grill a piece of chicken, and yeah that could by I could put us together a little dinner and can get a little wine.
Speaker 7: Who cares?
Speaker 2: But uh she called or no she that was on my phone at my house talking to her mom, And I said, can I talk to you? Can I tug your mom for a second. She's like yeah, sure. And I had met her once or twice before that, and Uh, I like, hey, Linda, what's going on? She's nothing? What's up with you? I said, Can I just ask you something?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 7: Your daughter?
Speaker 2: Now, when she was living at home, did she ever just accidentally walk through the kitchen on her way to the garage to get in the car or anything of that nature. She obviously hasn't spent any time there. She's like at first, she was like they did start of laughing. It's like, oh, you're right.
Speaker 1: Neck, yeah, of course of course. But but is she is she learned over the years to cook. Well, she passed away a few years ago. No, I mean, but but but oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah yeah no she uh.
Speaker 8: She uh.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think of when she turned the corner. She did actually, because I used to give her so much crap about it.
Speaker 4: She see, that's good. That's where, in a way, embarrassment can can force you to get good up.
Speaker 2: The bad news for her is I used to try to cook. Now I don't try to cook it all right, Hey, you want something, knug yourself out, that's it.
Speaker 4: If if you want to get out of doing something, show absolutely no aptitude at all, right ever, correct, you don't like mopping the floor, just you know, just don't ever show any little inclination at your You can even do it remotely and then you'll.
Speaker 1: Never have to do it.
Speaker 2: What does this toilet rush to? I have no idea.
Speaker 1: Gods, where do I put it, what do I do? Yeah?
Speaker 2: With that, we check in with traffic, with the traffic and weather with the News News Radio seven hundred w LW.
Speaker 10: News Traffic and Weather News Radio seven hundred w l W Cincinnati.
Speaker 13: A warning of mass firings by the White House. This is the four o'clock report Ford. I'm Matt Reeves, Breaking now Washington Hardball. On day two of the federal government shutdown, Republicans and Democrats remain deadlocked. The President says, of the shutdown continues, he'll have to fire federal workers and permanently cut infrastructure projects.
Speaker 23: They don't want to negotiate, and they've been very clear that they're not going to negotiate while the government is shut down. They want to get the government reopen, and according to the Press Secretary Caroline Levitt, then there can be a conversation on the policy issues, but not right now while the government is shut down.
Speaker 13: That's ABC's Karen Traverse. President has been meeting with the Office of Management and Budget Director to figure out what kind of cuts they can make at agencies. And now we check your drive home. This afternoon, we had the latest traffic and weather together.
Speaker 9: From the UC Health Traffic Center. The UC Cancer Center offers personalized prostate cancer care, exclusive clinical trials and treatments you don't find anywhere else. Call five one three five eighty five UCCC on westbound two seventy five US caution between Hamilton and Cole Raine. Getting reports of metal debris in the right lane on southbound seventy five. It's an accident. This is near Western Avenue. Another crash on running road that's over at Sunnybrook Tribe. And on northbound US forty two. An accident approaching Township Line Road westbound two seventy five down to one lane. You're the Kentucky Indiana Line. That's for repairs on the Carrol Cropper Bridge. I'm Atizamik on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 24: Now the latest forecast from the No Feared Dentist Weather Center Advanced Dentistry. The thought of the dentist making you a nervous wreck. We're here for you, No Fear Dentist dot com.
Speaker 21: Our sky stays partly cloudy this evening as temperatures slowly cool out there, but once the sunsets and Id'll say partly cloudy with a low of fifty eight degrees Tomorrow more sunshine back in your forecast, and a little more heat heismorrow are expected Day eighty four. We'll do the same thing again on Saturday and Sunday as well. From your severe Weather station. I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Jeffer Catchmark News Radio seven hundred WLWA.
Speaker 13: Eighty two degrees is Game day forecast built by American Home Tech. A strong defense starts with a solid roof americanhome Tech dot Com. Bengals Lions Sunday afternoon pay Court Stadium four to twenty five start sunshine hot day high of eighty five. Public hearing in Oxford tonight, they're going to be talking about getting rid of the city skate park. Plans are to turn the park into pickleball courts. City says the wooden skate ramps are over twenty years old have exceeded their lifetime. Cities not rule out building a new skate park somewhere else, but it says the demand now is for more pickleball courts, which can be built at about a fifth of the cost of a new skate park. In that meeting tonight at the tri Community Center in Oxford, six thirty an inmate eleven incorrectional gets the max sentenced today to forty six more years in prison, tapped on for the murder of a fellow inmate. Back in late twenty twenty three, James Ogletree convicted in the beating death of Marquis Weatherington. The time of the attack, Ogletree had been doing time for crimes including robbery and involuntary manslaughter. So how much time is Sean Diddy Comb's going to get? His sentencing is tomorrow.
Speaker 25: A jury in July acquitted Shawn Combs of some of the most serious charges he faced, including sex trafficking and racketeering, but convicted him on two lesser counts of transportation to engage in prostitution. On Friday, Combs will learn how much time and left to spend in prison because of that conviction. Prosecutors say he deserves eleven years, citing his violent behavior described that trial. Defense lawyers say he deserves no more than fourteen months, meaning he'd be released by the end of the year, as he's already spent twelve months in jail awaiting trial. Peter Harralambus's ABC News New York Game.
Speaker 13: Three of the Wild Cards series in Cleveland, the Tigers leading one nothing.
Speaker 5: They are in the fourth inning.
Speaker 13: Now Game three of the Wild Card at Wrigley Field, Padres and the Cubs at five oh eight, and tonight Game three Red Sox and Yankees.
Speaker 1: That's at eight eight.
Speaker 5: Seven one hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 18: There's a Bengals FDA body by Good Spirits and Party Town with thirteen locations in Northern Kentucky. Bengals back on the field today getting ready for their battle up against the Lions sunny at pay Corse Stadium with a four to twenty five pm kickoff. Preview the game tonight on the Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tove Roundtable Show presented by Postman Law live from Logneck's and Richwood with Lance and Rocky at six oh five. Right here on seven hundred WLW. Thursday Night Football NFC West battle with the forty nine Ers and Rams action at seven thirty on ESPN fifteen thirty. Bill Dennison seven hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 13: I check up on Wall Street now right up the close and we are at plus side for the Dwow by one hundred and eleven points. SP five hundred and seven now is dec also up a good day up by about ninety six, Next News at four thirty Matt Reeves News Radio seven hundred double LUBD.
Speaker 1: This report is sponsored by Land Evolution, Haunted Screen Park.
Speaker 20: Land of Illusions, Haunted Screen Bar six Giant Hawks with all access, unlimited entries, far and Beam the weekend.
Speaker 5: It's just about ten dollars per hawk. Visit Land of Illusion dot com.
Speaker 2: We took a vow to commit to real rarity and create the unforgettable.
Speaker 1: Some saying, I think you'll agree.
Speaker 4: One of the issues with trying to eat healthy is eating healthy in my experience, means one of two things or both. It's either very time consuming or very expensive or both. So do you have pj any any thoughts on some ways we can eat healthy without breaking the bank?
Speaker 26: Yeah, Rock, those are great points, because you know, hunger and budget are two of the biggest reasons people quit with with weight loss plans. And the reality is, you know, is the average person is over pain for underfilling low protein food. So again, going back to what you open with, what most people get wrong with trying to lose weight is that they think they need to eat clean or organic or spend three hundred dollars a week at some you know boutique grocery store, and really the truth is you need to just be full, satisfied and not go broke. So today what I'm gonna do, guys, I'm going to kind of give you the best bang for your buck foods for weight loss based on calories, protein, fiber, and certainly cost.
Speaker 2: So let's just kind of start at the top of my list here.
Speaker 26: Number one on my list, the top budget friendly, high impact foods would be eggs and egg whites. You know, you have a great protein to price race there. They're versatile, they're easy to prep. You know, you can add egg whites to your whole eggs and that's going to give you a higher volume of food for lower calories. So you know, you really can't go wrong with it with egg and egg whites. And I put can tuna and canned salmon pretty high on my list as well. You're looking at about one dollar per can there for twenty to thirty grands of protein, and you know also that that's clearly going to be shelf stable.
Speaker 7: Always can have it on hand.
Speaker 26: You can add that stuff to salads or wraps or rice bowls, whatever you like, So you can't go wrong with good old fashioned you know meathead, can tuna or canned salmon.
Speaker 4: By the way I lived off I lived off of in college of can tuna and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I seriously did diet and I both didn't go wrong with tuna man and Gator pros.
Speaker 4: Those the weight, you know, the weight gaining drinks from the from the locker room, that's it.
Speaker 26: Absolutely, I've been there, trust me, I remember those days well.
Speaker 7: To this day, I can't eat cantuna.
Speaker 2: Exactly exactly. I don't eat anymore because I had it so many times.
Speaker 26: From a you know, but look from a cost efficiency perspective, you really can't go wrong with it for the amount of protein that you get. And similarly, guys like ninety plus like lean ground turkey or lean ground beef bott and bulk. That's often going to be cheaper per gram of protein than chicken breast, which can be quite expensive. You know, ground turkey, it's really quick to cook, it's very lean, which makes it meal prep friendly. You can make taco bowls out of it, meat sauce, stuff, peppers, so Lean ground turkey, lean ground beef always a good option. Frozen chicken tender loins or chicken thighs going to be cheaper than fresh fresh and they last forever. You can throw them in an air fry or a crock pot, season them up however you like quickly. Number five on my list will be non fat greek yogurt. You're looking at ninety to one hundred calories of serving, fifteen to eighting grams of protein. You can add that again versatile. You can add it to berries, you know, make protein sludge out of it, add cinnamon to it.
Speaker 7: There's a lot of ways that you can. You know, you can jazz up greek yogurt.
Speaker 26: Cottage cheese not my favorite thing due to the texture, but a lot of people love it. You can't argue with the protein content. You're looking at twenty five grams per cup. Again inexpensive. You can pair it up with fruit, you can mix it into your eggs, you can eat it on toast. So cottage cheese is a great option. And then protein powder, which I've talked about before many times, way or plant based, really good in terms of value. A dollar to a dollar fifty per serving for twenty you know, twenty twenty five grams of protein.
Speaker 7: Pretty darn good.
Speaker 26: You can mix that with water, milk, yogurt, oats, put in smoothies. You know, you can then use that to hit your protein goal for the day without having to cook anything. And then quickly, let's talk about carbs real quick. You cannot go wrong with rice, potatoes, and oats. These are very high volume, lower calorie carbohydrates, which means you're going to get more food per calorie, and they are dirt cheap, and you know you need carbs for energy and stay satiated when dieting. My honorable mentions guys, frozen veggies always a great option, always available, minimum minimal waste. If they come in a microwave bag, there's zero effort there. Those are great. And then other honorable mentions string cheese, low carb tortillas, rotisserie chicken. If it's on sale, like at Costco, you can sometimes get those things for six bucks, always a great idea. Canned beans, great idea if you're looking for a snack. Popcorn. Again, all these things are are pretty good on price, high volume, higher protein, higher fiber options.
Speaker 1: And that's the thing PJ is. All those things are you know, they're they're good for you. They don't taste bad. But but look, they don't.
Speaker 4: They don't have they don't taste the way a lot of the fattening foods do, which is well probably why people don't really choose them. But you know, yeah, if you can have a little bit of a little bit of discipline, a little bit of spartan and you need to say, hey, look, you know I'm gonna you know I can. I can still do this and eat healthy and have a good meal without breaking the bank.
Speaker 1: It's it's possible.
Speaker 26: Yeah, and rocket here's the other thing about kind of piggybacking off that people are kind of under the illusion that every meal they have, even if they're trying to lose weight, needs to be like, hey man, it's explosion of flavor in your mouth, or like this five star Michelin rated type of meal. That's just not practical, right. I mean, some of these foods are going to be boring and basic, but they're nutrient dens, they're on the less expensive side, they're easily prepared, and if you want to again, if you want to jazz up any of these ingredients here, low and no calorie condiments and seasonings, hot sauce, mustard, salsa, ranch powder or anything, but the bagel season. All these type of things can keep these these relatively boring foods you know, a little bit more more flavorful and a little bit more interesting. But this idea that you know, every meal you have have to just be this amazing culinary experience that's so flavorful.
Speaker 7: If you're trying to lose weight, that's just not practical.
Speaker 26: I mean you'll you'll pull your hair out and or go broke trying to make recipes like that.
Speaker 7: You got to keep it really, really simple and straightforward.
Speaker 4: I mean throughout most and by most I mean probably ninety five percent of human history, people weren't necessarily enjoying every meal or most meals. It was like, you hate to live, sustenance a life, and I'm hungry, I need something and it's pretty good for me, so I'll eat it. But yeah, it's just and you've talked about this before, PJ, just the how recently there's so many flavor filled options of this and that, and usually that means a lot of empty calories.
Speaker 26: So yeah, but we're at the point that we're at the point now guys, like people can't even drink like normal water. Oh you have to flavor. It was something, or it's got to be a Seltzer water or you know, raspberry flavored. They got to put neo drops in it. It's like people just can't drink good old fashioned drink water.
Speaker 2: With adam zo.
Speaker 22: Uh.
Speaker 2: But let me ask you, PJ. You mentioned potatoes, and and I'm just just to kind of backtrack a little bit. Where did patalo Where did potatoes get the bad rep that potatoes had for the long I do?
Speaker 12: Is it?
Speaker 2: Because I mean I would just assume because when you tend to eat a potato, they got sour cream and butter and bacon bits and all kinds of crap and cheese on there and stuff. I mean, potato is fine, right.
Speaker 26: I mean, this is the whole this is the whole period of history to word carbohydrates for the devil. So any potatoes, rice, oats, bread, anything that contained a carbohydrate was considered just absolute poison. It's gonna spike your insulin, You're gonna store it all his body fat, which is absolute hogshed potato. If you look, if you look at the most satiating foods in existence, and they rank this stuff. Good old fashioned white potato is number one on the list. It's the most satiating food you can possibly have. And again you get a high volume of potatoes for very low calories. There's no reason to fear carbohydrates. Carbohydrates don't make you fat. Too many calories make you fat, period. So potatoes are going to be your friend on a weight loss journey if you're trying to shed some pounds PG on my Instagram reel.
Speaker 4: Recently, some some things have popped up on some creative ways to do things with Greek yogurt with like where you you mix it with some protein powder, you freeze it, you put a little like dark chocolate on it, and it's it's almost like a like a dessert, like a pop popsicle kind of thing.
Speaker 1: I may try it, I probably won't, but look pretty good.
Speaker 7: So, guys, I said this before.
Speaker 26: One of my staple kind of foundational meals is I mix like plain non fat Greek yogurt with some type of a protein powder. It could be chocolate, it could be vanilla or whatever, and you just mix all that together. It kind of creates like an icing. And then I'll put like some some like fruit loops or something in there with it. So it's it's like a really nice dessert alternative, but it's got a ton of fiber, a ton of protein, a fair amount of.
Speaker 7: Fiber, relatively low calorie. So yeah, you can't. You can't go wrong with that. I would incur everybody.
Speaker 26: The best thing I can tell anybody is if you want to succeed with weight loss, you need to come up with like five foundational meals.
Speaker 7: That you can put on repeat throughout the week.
Speaker 26: So you know, come up with two breakfast options and maybe three like interchangeable lunch and dinner options, and just kind of put these those meals on.
Speaker 7: Repeat throughout the week.
Speaker 26: Again, a lot of these foods that I just talked about can be included in those meals.
Speaker 7: And that's really yeah, that's really all it takes. You got to get.
Speaker 26: Comfortable with kind of eating the same type of things for the most part every day and having some structure with your eating because most people don't. Most people don't have these foundational meals. They wake up it's like, Okay, what am I going to eat today? You know, just keep it boring and basic. If you want a really good meal, you go out to eat a good restaurant four times a month. But other than that, you keep it simple, boring, basic, repeatable. All right with that, PJ, we will let you go. People want to find out more, buddy, we're going to go.
Speaker 8: Yep.
Speaker 26: If you want to plug and play plan that tells you what to eat, when and how much without spending a fortune, my coaching program is built exactly for that.
Speaker 7: You can find out more at revivefitnessystems dot com. Thank you so thanks PG, Thanks fellas.
Speaker 2: All right, PJ.
Speaker 4: Street, I keep it pretty pretty bland. Breakfast, lunch, bland, and dinner.
Speaker 2: Okay, well breakfast, you're still doing like the five or six eggs or whatever you do four eggs, three yogurt with blueberries and honey every morning right down. You never changed, I mean during the week, like on the weekend, maybe just because my wife makes something, or if I'm on the road, if I go out, if I'm on the road, I guarantee I find the closest first watch and I go there and I get the same thing from there every time.
Speaker 1: Is all right?
Speaker 2: Man, you don't go to the hotel breakfast all you can eat buffet thing and the really crap it is let us let us and rolls and like what they call scrambled eggs. Yea, here for about three or four hours, powdered eggs. Try to You've got to do a little better with that. We check in with traffic and weather.
Speaker 5: What is going on.
Speaker 9: From the UC Health Traffic Center. The UC Cancer Center offers personalized prostate cancer care, exclusive clinical trials and treatments you won't find anywhere else. Call five one, three five eighty five UCCC On northbound US forty two, an accident now cleared out that was approaching Township Line Road. However, southbound seventy five, it's an accident that's off near Western Avenue. Southbound seventy one. Slow traffic from Martin Luther King Down towards Fort Washington Way. In southbound seventy five, it's construction between Ronald Reagan Highway and Norwood Lateral traffic slow back from Shepherd Lane a Metizaleka News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: The forecast from a seven hundred W l W weather center for tonight partly cloudy skies, fifty five for tomorrow partly cloudy, and eighty seven. Right now it is eighty two news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 7: All right, mister Penny.
Speaker 5: I'm going to say a word, and you tell me the first thing that pops into your mind.
Speaker 20: Okay, Doc smart, Scott's Loan, Funny Scott's loan, reliable Scott's Loan.
Speaker 7: Mister Penny. You have to stop answering Scott's loan.
Speaker 20: Okay, I'll try, Doc favorite Scott's Loan, mister Penny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I try.
Speaker 5: Get out Mike back Scott's Loan. Listening can become happy for me.
Speaker 13: Join me scott Sloan tomorrow morning at nine o'clock on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: Scotch Loan, mister Penny.
Speaker 3: This report is sponsored by Staples. Cue the easy button because and you've you've heard of Jack Daniels whiskey, right, I do believe I have some cross path a couple of times the same here.
Speaker 5: Well, I saw this.
Speaker 4: This is very interesting, So I guess for forty five years, yeah, forty five years they had Jack Daniel's Distilleries had this program with local farmers where they take you know, some of the you know, the the stillage which is the leftover corn rye barley and all that, and they just give it to local farmers to feed their cattle and this and that. Well, they're ending the program, I guess as of now, and they're gonna partner with this energy company.
Speaker 1: I guess. You know, they found a way to.
Speaker 2: Instead of giving this stuff away, they're gonna sell it. They're gonna sell it. Of course, you've gotta monetize, of course.
Speaker 4: According to reports from local news outlets, Paniced livestock farmers are already selling their land out of fear they won't be able to afford operations moving forward without the free cattle feed program from Jack Daniels.
Speaker 1: Now that's kind of your your fault.
Speaker 4: And that's the problem with entitlements, right like, as soon that they become like just a way of life and you're accepted. Right if if there's a free newspaper on my door month after month after month, then all of a sudden it isn't there.
Speaker 1: I'm like, where where's my newspaper? I'm you know, what's going on here?
Speaker 4: And so now these farmers have just written that whole cost of feeding my cattle out of their budget for four decades, those margin, and now it's coming back on. So yeah, it's I mean again, I mean, Jack Daniels doesn't owe them free stuff.
Speaker 2: They're doing all that kindness of their heart.
Speaker 4: But I guess you know, if you can make something to help your profits of your company, of course you owe the shareholders and everybody to do it.
Speaker 1: So uh so thought that was that was interesting.
Speaker 4: Speaking with more, County farmer Trey Holtz share a story of how he has been driving to the Jack Daniels distill oer in Lynchburg, Tennessee to receive the liquid gold that is the runoff during the distillation process.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: They can use the runoff made of corn, wheat barley to feed the cows, pigs, horses of their livestock. And again, this has been going on for forty five years. Have been at three hundred and sixty five days a year. Multiply that by forty five. That's how many days I've hauled this stuff from Jack Daniel's ascillary. Damn every day of his life for forty five years.
Speaker 2: Don't don't the cows and stuff get drunk?
Speaker 1: I thought the same thing, But I I just I think that that's.
Speaker 2: Sisky drunk cattle robe in the countryside. Yeah, man, man, that's the key. Well, isn't the uh the the the kobe beef? Do they give the cows saki or they rubbed saki.
Speaker 1: On the onto.
Speaker 2: I thought it was beer, or maybe it's who knows saki and there as much of that stuff costs, they're probably rubbing, you know, freaking domp hearing on exactly with that, we check in with with the News News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: News Traffic and Weather. News Radio seven hundred w l W, Cincinnati.
Speaker 13: Warnings from the White House on day two of the shutdown.
Speaker 5: This is the four thirty report.
Speaker 13: I'm Matt Reese breaking now the White House, warning that the threat of fiery and cuts to federal programs are very real as the second day of a government shutdown years a close. The President meeting today with the Office of Management and Budget to determine which federal agencies could be temporarily or permanently cut. So if our Democrats standing firm demanding to be included in funding talks, insisting that any solution addressed their demands on healthcare. This is House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries.
Speaker 27: I assume myself having gotten a single phone call as it relates to a follow up conversation. We are ready to have that conversation, but we need credible partners on the other side of the isle.
Speaker 13: We'll see if there's any progress tomorrow. No votes scheduled in the Senate today because of the Yam Kapur holiday. Now we have the latest on your drive home, the latest traffic and whether together.
Speaker 9: From the UC Health Traffic Center. The UC Cancer Center offers personalized prostate cancer care, exclusive clinical trials and treatments you won't find anywhere else. Call five one three five eighty five UCCC. On eastbound two seventy five on the Combs hail Bridge, right two lanes are blocked from an accident. Right now, traffic is stop and go back from for seventy one. Also on eastbound two seventy five, it's an accident before Taylor Mill Road, northbound seventy five approaching Mitchell U's caution getting reports of a bicyclist off on the shoulder and southbound seventy five near Western Avenue. It's an accident. Expect to find delays as a result. A Medizellika News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 10: Now the Ladies forecast from the Train Heating and Cooling Weather Center on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 21: Monny of heat out there today in the sky once again partly cloudy as we go into this evening, by like eight o'clock, we'll get back into like those mid upper seventies and then cool over night to fifty eight degrees for a low still staying partly cloudy, then fewer clouds for your Friday forecast, so it means more sun of the day and also a little more heat his Tomorrow. We're expected around eighty four from your Singer Weather station. I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Jennifer Ketchmark News Radio seven hundred WLWA.
Speaker 13: Eighty two degrees in Cincinnati. This game day forecast built by American Home Tech. A strong defense starts with a solid roof americanhome Tech dot Com Bengals Lion Sunday afternoon. That's a four to twenty five kickoff at pay course. Saving's going to be a hot one high of eighty five. An inmate at Lebanon Correctional given the maximum sentence of forty six more years behind bars for the murder of a fellow inmate back in late twenty twenty three. That means thirty year old James Ogletree will not be eligible for release from prison until twenty eighty nine for the beating death of Marquees Weatherington, who was found dead in his cell at the time of the attack. Ogletree was doing time for crimes including robbery and involuntary manslaughter, and a Warren County judge today ordered that today's sentence run consecutive to his previous sentence. Former football player at Ohio State going to prison for a long time.
Speaker 28: The Mario McCall will spend the next seven to ten years behind bars following his guilty plead to drug related charges in two separate cases, including possession and trafficking in cocaine and a fentanyl related compound. The twenty eight year old McCall apologized for his actions to his family, who were in the courtroom along with his young daughter. McCall graduated from Ohio State in twenty twenty one. Was also a standout at north Ridgeville High School, where he was a first team All Ohio running back.
Speaker 1: I'm Brian Engele.
Speaker 13: Game three of the Wildcard Series in Cleveland, Tigers and Guardians tied at one in the fifth inning, Game three of the Wildcard at Wrigley Padres and Cubs. They get underway at five oh eight. Game three, Red Sox Yankee tonight at eight o way.
Speaker 5: Seven one hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 1: Here's a Bengals v.
Speaker 18: Body by Good Spirits and Party Town with thirteen locations in northern Kentucky. Bengals back on the field today getting ready for their battle up against the Lions sunny at Pey Corse Stadium with a four to twenty five pm kickoff. Preview the game tonight on the Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tave Roundtable Show presented by Postman Law Live from Lognecks and Richwood with Lance and Rocky at six oh five. Right here on seven hundred WLW. Thursday Night Football NFC West battle with the forty nine Ers and Rams. Action at seven thirty on ESPN fifteen thirty Bill Dennison, seven hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 13: Even with the government shut down, Wall Street closing with stocks higher, all three major averages at record highs. Dow gained seventy nine to forty six five twenty s and P five hundred up by four, Nasdaq up by eighty eight. Next News at five matt Reeese News Radio seven hundred wl W.
Speaker 29: Seven hundred WLW USE Cincinnati and iHeartRadio Station make us the number one pre set on your car radio and on the free new and improved iHeartRadio app. Listen for all your music radio and podcast free never sounded so good. News Radio seven hundred and WLW.
Speaker 1: Do you ever wonder what they're saying in our ears?
Speaker 8: Stand by?
Speaker 2: This is how we start in the discussion here on our Cincinnati be good.
Speaker 8: Pull up your phones, check out all the commentary.
Speaker 5: Again, more than headlines, art's the conversation.
Speaker 25: What's impacting you?
Speaker 21: You've got plans to be out today, you want to be hauled before this hit and your family.
Speaker 5: We've been reading all your comments this morning. Oh, we know everyone has something to say about this.
Speaker 2: Okay, try state it's your turn to join the conversation ARC Cincinnati every weekday at nine am on Local twelve.
Speaker 30: At Local twelve the Weather Authority is it just a slogan? We know we have to live up to that every single day when severe weather hits and people are looking for live local updates, that's why we're here. There are lots of weather apps, so everyone at Local twelve knows our live updates need to be clear and accurate. We'll show you the track of dangerous storms with precise tider Local twelve has the team of meteorologists you know and trust making us.
Speaker 7: The weather Authority.
Speaker 5: Tom Brenneman.
Speaker 11: Here, I trusted roof aid USA with my roof local fast professional. Need roof help get a free roofscore inspection Call five one, three, nine, seven, eight thirty one twenty two or visit ROOFADUSA dot com slash Cincinnati.
Speaker 7: This is Jim.
Speaker 31: Hello.
Speaker 2: Jim started advertising do our Thursday picks. Then six o'clock you and Lance are off to Richwood.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're getting the chopper going here there a little bit getting the meal on their but you are.
Speaker 1: We down at Richwood, the Richwood location of Long.
Speaker 2: Necks Coop, bringing you all your Bengals information.
Speaker 4: That's that We're gonna break it down tonight. What's wrong with the Bengals? We have all the answers?
Speaker 2: How many hours do you have?
Speaker 3: Three?
Speaker 7: Part two?
Speaker 2: Next week?
Speaker 1: Who gets halfway through it?
Speaker 2: So Rock, I don't know where part of California this is Victorville, doesn't really say where it's at. But one day, this was a couple of weeks ago, a nine caller called police saying that they found a teddy bear believed to be wrapped in human skin at a Victorville gas station, so the it was an Arco station. The police immediately responded. The police cordon off the Arco station with caution tape came in. The coroner's office was called to the scene to inspect the gruesome looking bear. It looked like it is indeed covered in human skin. Well it's not.
Speaker 22: Uh.
Speaker 2: There's a guy who sells these dolls on Etsy.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Uh uh. His name is a he self proclaimed horror artist, Robert Kelly says, I'm just trying to keep up with all this stuff. We had nothing to do with this, making a prank or anything. We made the bear and shipped it up as an Etsy order and that was it of us.
Speaker 1: I can get a let me do it.
Speaker 2: I give you, I mean, I tell you it.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 2: It looks pretty nasty.
Speaker 1: Eh, it does.
Speaker 2: It looks would want that it looks like a skinned animal of some sort that it.
Speaker 1: Didn't even look like a bear. It looks like a like a skinned hog.
Speaker 2: Right, it does. It looks like like it could be a skinned pretty much any animal. It totally looks real.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: So he's a He calls himself on his Facebook ad a purveyor of the perverse manipulator of macabre, a developer of the Diabolical and maker of masks. So I guess he makes all that kind of stuff. You can get yourself one of these human skinned teddy bears for about one hundred and sixty five bucks. It's a lot of money for a bear that looks like a like it's dead animal that's been like it's spit skinned. But hey, the man, there's something for everybody out there. I guess that's what we've learned. There's something people like to collect, and sometimes things get hot and take off. So he said he sold over thirty one hundred items. He said he's made an estimated thirty three hundred dollars just off of the bear cells alone, So I'm sure that that didn't hurt his his flow.
Speaker 4: Speaking of odd things that you never would think would would make a lot of money. But there's in that water called liquid death.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's water. I know, like when you see it, you're like, oh, is that like a like a jagger bomb or that's right.
Speaker 2: I thought the same thing. I thought it was some kind of like super powerful like malt liquor or something. Yeah, but the guy just you know, made it, said it's a catchy name. People will kind of look into it and.
Speaker 1: I don't get it. I've never had one. I assume it tastes like water.
Speaker 7: But yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: Well, there were a few.
Speaker 1: It shows the power of branding.
Speaker 2: Oh sure, you know of what a good looking label looks like, and what a good message and a good you know, something that just kind of hits all the points of people's emotions.
Speaker 1: So it's water.
Speaker 2: Well, uh, I'm look at you don't think that. I think about it when you were seventeen, eighteen years old and you saw a can of the in the you know, pop section at the UDF, and you were like, okay, coke PEPSI that mount dew liquid death.
Speaker 1: Liquid death?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, yeah, I feel that made me feel tough, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was thinking at the other day.
Speaker 4: I was like, if you'd you know, I'm sure the guy who who invented this, who I'm sure making a lot of money now, I hope he kept a rollerdx of people that said that will never work because there's no way it should.
Speaker 1: But good for him.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm sure he probably told somebody I'm putting on a product called liquid death, and they're like, good, luck.
Speaker 1: Good luck.
Speaker 2: I'm sure people want to drink that and now liquid laughing all the way to the bank on that one, all the way to the bank. Yeah, another news that you know, who doesn't like a good kind of revenge story. Well, you know this one didn't turn on exactly the way I think these folks thought it would. So this is in Maryland, and long story short, there is a baseball field and it's like a semi pro kind of situation, but it's right next to a firehouse, a fire station. Okay, so what happened was in this silver spring Maryland.
Speaker 4: You know, you have to imagine over the course of time, the station is getting hit with a lot of hit with a lot of baseballs and stuff kind of thing, right, So they probably just got sick of it. Well, two firefighters are now facing criminal charges after a the summer League team was forced to cancel their game after it was somehow drenched in water. They take the took the fire hoses out to the field and just soaked them so they had to.
Speaker 1: Cancel the game.
Speaker 2: The old Bull Durham treatment.
Speaker 1: Never seen that movie. They turned the sprinklers on.
Speaker 4: This one, like they assume that they just took the fire hoses out there and just drenched the field. And now again that's it's in proximity to it, so it's right. There had to be something like, hey, there was an agreement you're not allowed to play today and you did, so we're gonna show you kind of thing. But yeah, they're facing federal or criminal charge. Is after trying to get back at him.
Speaker 2: Well you didn't really think it through, now, did you, with the let's see, where is there a place water at come that much water in that short period of time?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, yes, but yeah you're right. How they thought they were going to get away with that, I don't know.
Speaker 2: So Rock, we're being left behind where you and I are troglodides in the age of the modern man. Explain we don't multitask enough, my friend. Apparently the latest and multitasking for young adults. See I didn't say gen z that time, but young adults we knew who you were talking to is uh is multitasking And by that I mean people are now using you know, you get the close captioning on your TV. Even they can be they're hearing, is fine. They're using closed captioning so they can do other things.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 2: Now see that seems anti opposite of what I would think if I'm listening to something, I hear it, if we close cappening, you actually actually you have to look at it. You have to look exactly that would draw you back into it. By the way, my sister was the first person I discovered doing this.
Speaker 4: I was ot her house and like the TV was on a close caption, like, hey, give me the remote, Like somehow your closed caption got turned on.
Speaker 1: She's I know that's how we watch TV.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what's Yeah, I just you know, sometimes and I do understand her, Like sometimes in movies if something's like, you know, dark or whatever, like you can't I can't hear what they're saying. Yeah, I can't see that. I haven't gone back and rerun something, so I said I didn't. I do not understand what they're saying.
Speaker 4: I had never heard of this until Yeah, it was about a year ago. And she's like, oh, yeah, we do it all the time. I'm like, huh, okay, she was. Maybe I don't think she was doing it to maybe she was doing the multitask.
Speaker 2: Everybody's look, there's probably not many people out there that just still singularly sit there and watch TV without also scrolling something on their phone.
Speaker 7: So guilty.
Speaker 4: Now, all the research will tell you that there's no actually no such thing as multitask, and you're actually doing two things at fifty percent.
Speaker 2: I agree with that. Let's face it, man, I'm I was never one of those people in high school kind of all the way back through anything to do with school. I couldn't sit there with headphones on listening to music and pretend to read a book or study or do homework or what.
Speaker 4: So every kid told their dads so I could listen to music. But actually no, I did not help at all.
Speaker 2: Right, I just get lost in the music or you know, I'm not gonna unless you have one of those you know you're listening to, like the vibe music. You know what I'm saying that, Oh.
Speaker 13: I live that.
Speaker 4: I put that on sometimes a sleep I'll go through spells where I can't fall asleep and I'll put that at sleep music on.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's nice.
Speaker 2: See I I did that one time and a couple of years ago when I was had an overnight in the hospital with my with the ulcer thing, and I did find that on the TV channel in the hospital.
Speaker 7: They did have one of those ambient ambient.
Speaker 2: Sound and it was I forget what it was, just white noise or if it was ocean or something like.
Speaker 8: That, I forget.
Speaker 1: Usually it's like a like a like a soft hum. Yeah, I see. And sometimes it's like a waterfall that.
Speaker 2: Well exactly, I just be the man, like like I've heard the ones with like light drizzle on a tin roof and all that type of thing. But all I do is sit there and and think about it, right, you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I like the sleep ambient music.
Speaker 2: Good the music or the sounds.
Speaker 1: You just like the z it's like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like a humming kind of soft kind of hum sort of thing that's going on. Like that I hympnotize you a little bit or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, something like that. Yeah, I get there's all kinds of signs behind it, but it kind of works.
Speaker 2: Whatever works, man works. Results driven with that, we check in with traffic and weather, what is going on.
Speaker 9: From the UC Health Traffic Center. The UC Cancer Center offers personalized prostate cancer care, exclusive clinical trials and treatments you won't find anywhere else. Call five one three five eighty five U SECC northbound four to seventy one. A disabled vehicle now cleared from the right lane that was before the Big Mac Bridge on eastbound two seventy five. It's an accident on the Cones Hail Bridge. Currently police and emergency crews are blocking all lanes within the construction zone on that bridge. As a result, heavy delays back from the double A Highway on westbound State Route seventy three. Another accident at Main Street and westbound two seventy five. Traffic slow between Princeton Pike and Winton Road. A Medizalaka News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for toned partly cloudy skies, fifty five for tomorrow partly cloudy, and eighty seven. Right now it is eighty two news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 20: We did someone say cat fight? Sorry, that's the first thing that came into my mind.
Speaker 5: Let's move on.
Speaker 20: De Freud rolls into Cincinnati to take on our beloved Bengals. Will the Orange and Black send the Lions back up I seventy five with their tail between their legs? Catch the goal live from Dan Ord and Dave Lapham coverage starts Sunday at twelve node stream for free on the new and improved iHeartRadio app or on seven hundred WL.
Speaker 5: Home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 7: This report day is sponsored by blindster dot com.
Speaker 1: Looking for affordable blind shades or shutters for your home.
Speaker 7: Phela.
Speaker 4: It's almost kind of like college where there's like, no just super dominant team, certainly not two of them. I guess you make the argument the bills are probably the best, but a lot of parody, and I think that means lots of money to be made or not.
Speaker 2: Let's talk to the guy who knows better than we, our good friend, Jason Hobbins, sports editor from The Inquirer Cincinnati dot com and Jays how we doing, man.
Speaker 5: Doing great?
Speaker 22: Beautiful day here to start October and ready to get after it.
Speaker 2: How we do last week?
Speaker 8: Not great today?
Speaker 22: The weather today is way better than what we did last weekend only won two games, ended up losing a couple of units. But you know what, that's fine. It was our first losing week of the season and we'll get back in the win.
Speaker 8: Calm this week.
Speaker 4: There you go, It's a it's a marathon, not a sprint absolutely. All right, let's go ahead and go with that game tonight, the Niners at the Rams. Pretty interesting matchup teams with a little bit of a little bit of historied rivalry to him.
Speaker 22: Yeah, this is this is the mash Unit Bowl tonight. With so many injuries for the forty nine ers and some decent injuries to the Rams too, I'm gonna have to go with LA on this one. I just I like Sean mcvay's ability to, no matter who he has at what positions, scheme up better than almost anyone else in the NFL. So I'm gonna go Rams minus the points in.
Speaker 4: The points by the are eight and a half. That's a pretty it's a pretty big line. You're pretty confident in the Rams.
Speaker 8: I am.
Speaker 22: It opened at seven and a half, and all of the sharps in Vegas put so much money down at seven.
Speaker 8: And a half that it moved eight.
Speaker 22: And I heard from a guy that I know that he'd still bet it even if it got the ten and a half. So look for a double digit victory for the Rams tonight.
Speaker 2: All right, Let's move on to Sunday and start with that game in London with the Vikings. And Browns and a surprising situation the Vikes. The last light line I saw was Vikes by three and a half. Considering that the Browns have a new quarterback they're gonna start.
Speaker 22: Yeah, terrible spot to put Dylan Gabriel in, in my opinion, that's what I'm thinking, gonna You're gonna start him against the defense that pressures the quarterback the most in the NFL. I don't like this at all for the Browns. Their defense should keep them in it, especially with what we saw at the Carson Wentz last week against Pittsburgh. But don't I don't see any way that putting a third round pick who's only maybe six foot tall, probably five ten and a half in against that defense, I don't see.
Speaker 8: How that works out at all for the Browns.
Speaker 1: All right, another game here, the Broncos.
Speaker 2: Coming off the lasting of the Bengals, they played the Philadelphia Eagles.
Speaker 4: Now you could say the Eagles again. They're four and zero, But it's been kind of a weird thing.
Speaker 31: I saw.
Speaker 4: They didn't did not complete a pass in the second half of the game last week. Kind of a weird team where sometimes you watch them and they look awful, but they still keep winning.
Speaker 1: So what do you got in this? And I'm seeing Eagles minus three and a half?
Speaker 22: Yeah, So this is why spreads exist. The Eagles are one of the best teams in football by record, obviously, but their offense has not figured it out yet. And against the spread, they're the same as the Bengals. They're one to three. So I'm going to take the Eagles to not cover again because I don't think they figure it out. I don't know what's going on there. Nick Sirianni's an offensive guy, they have a new coordinator and they just haven't figured it out. They're great in the trenches, but I don't trust them to cover anything right now?
Speaker 2: Wow, how about that total? Last I saw forty three and a half?
Speaker 22: Yeah, I'm going over on that. I mean, the way the NFL is structured, Now, you give me anything more than or anything less than fifty, I'm probably going over in most games unless we're talking about two absolutely futrid offenses.
Speaker 1: Okay, very good.
Speaker 2: How about Texans at Ravens Now?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is there a reason why I'm surprised? Guys? I see the Texans favorite this game.
Speaker 22: Lamar Jackson is so Coach Harball is not exactly being forthright right now. And Lamar Jackson is a very very very questionable player this week with that hamstring issue. Very he hasn't said doubtful as the injury designation.
Speaker 8: It's it's still been questionable.
Speaker 22: But the people in Vegas, the book makers, I'm guessing, don't think Lamar Jackson plays here. That's why Houston's favored. However, Houston's been a dumpster fire and I still believe that Baltimore is one of the best overall rosters. So I'm thinking Baltimore this one.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, everyone will be watching, of course to see what the deal is with Lamar Jackson. How about Tampa Bay Bucks versus the Seahawks. I think you can make the argument to the Bucks are are doing some good things that I think they lost. Yeah, they lost last week to the Eagles, who are again an undefeated team. In the Seahawks, they beat Arizona. They made it interesting last week. I'm maybe more interesting than it should have been, but probably a team that could come out of that division. How are you seeing this and I'm seeing what Seahawks minus three and a half?
Speaker 22: Yeah, I like the Bucks in this spot. I don't necessarily like him to win out right, but to keep it within a field goal. I like that they play tough, They're good in the trenches, and Baker Mayfield's a gamer. He's never gonna get blown out. And I would take him all day long. And yeah, we'll go. We'll go plus three and a half on that.
Speaker 2: All right, One last Sunday game here, how about Commanders at the Chargers. Chargers by two and a half. I'm saying with an over of forty eight.
Speaker 1: That's big.
Speaker 22: Yeah, So the start with you over under. I had said, if you give me anything less than fifty, I'd probably take the over.
Speaker 8: I'm going to go under in this game.
Speaker 22: Just because of the way that both of these teams play football and hardball in his career has owned when he plays against Cliff Kingsberry. So I'm going to take the Chargers and I'm going to take the under.
Speaker 1: Okay, very good.
Speaker 4: Well, before we get to the Bengals Lions, let's check out the the Monday night football game. Chiefs at the Lowly Jags. Chiefs are what two and two right now? I don't think they look near as dominant, of course, as they have in the past, but still a dangerous team got the best player in football, Patrick Mahomes, what are you seeing this one?
Speaker 22: So the Jags sneakily are tied for the best team in football against the spread. However, in this spot, Andy Reid, I think is just going to put on a master class of offense. The Jags defense is beat up a little bit, and I think it's gonna be enough to the Chiefs win by at least seven. So I'm gonna go Chiefs on this one, and I'm also probably gonna take the over.
Speaker 31: All.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, let's talk about the game of rock was referring to, and that would be Lions at Bengals. The latest line I saw Lion was ten and a half Your thoughts, Jason?
Speaker 8: All Right?
Speaker 22: So I'm gonna preface all this by saying the same guy that I mentioned earlier that I know in Vegas that helped set lines, he said that if he had to put an actual line on this of what he thinks is going to happen, it might be.
Speaker 8: Eighteen and a half or nineteen, Oh my god, And he.
Speaker 22: Did not rule out twenty. I don't think there's a chance. I don't think there's a snowballs chance.
Speaker 5: And you know where.
Speaker 8: The Bengals cover in this game.
Speaker 22: I just there's no evidence that this team is going to get within two scores of the Lions. The lines have been dominant on the offensive and defensive line. They have the most creative offense so far this year in the league. They're three and one against the spread. The Bengals are one and three and Cam Taylor Britt has been benched again. He was supposed to dB one. He's supposed to go up against the amen ross Na Brown and that the Bengals just I wish they'd figure it out. But gosh, that that Monday night game, there's nothing positive. You can't even take away a positive from Ryan Recal the way that he punted because he had two shanks. Like there's nothing in their entire three phases that you could point to.
Speaker 8: And say, all right, well that looks good.
Speaker 22: So I'm gonna take the Lions minus whatever the spread you want to give me, and I'm also gonna go over because I think the Lions might score forty points.
Speaker 1: Wow, And you're right.
Speaker 4: It's it's much easier to fix your season when there's like one or two problems. The Bengals have a bevy of problems. How about a college game, jas before we let you go, A big one for the Bearcats. Number fourteen Iowa State at UC, and I'm seeing Cincinnati minus one and a half, which is I think you know. The average person looks at and says, man, that's interesting since I was stayed. Is ranked fourteen for UC to be favored?
Speaker 8: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 7: And here's the thing.
Speaker 22: Brendan Soarsby the last two games has been one of the best quarterbacks in the country. He led the Bearcats to that game winning drive against Kansas this past Saturday, and he just he finds guys and puts the ball on them, and the Bearcats are sneakily a really, really, really pesky team. So I definitely don't like the Bearcats not getting points here. I think Arizona State should win, but the fact that they came out minus one and a half tells me that the book makers think that Brendan Sowsby is going to be the difference maker in this game. Also, Dante Corleone should play this week. He's been out the past couple of games, got that nagging injury, but he should play this week. And when he's in there, he is a difference maker on the line. He's a game wreckers, the college version almost of a young Aaron Donald, where he can he can totally blow up any player doing, whether it's pass or run.
Speaker 8: So I like the Bearcats to win.
Speaker 22: I don't like one and a half. I'd take them on the money line. Spend the extra ten points or whatever, or spend the extra ten dollars, whatever it is. I think they're minus one fifteen, so that that's what I think, But we'll see. It's they used to have Nippitt Night was always famous because the Bearcats win night games. Now it's Nippit Noon. They always get these noon kickoffs, and it's weird.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well with that, Jason, well let me ask you who, because I haven't even seen any odds on it. Who is there a prohibitive favorite to win the World Series? Would it be Dodgers? I'm assuming I don't know.
Speaker 22: So right right now, after the Dodgers beat the Reds out of the in two games to sweep that series, it's the Phillies the Dodgers, and I believe the Brewers are.
Speaker 8: The prohibitive favorite. They had the.
Speaker 22: Best breakerd in baseball, and I mean, it's funny if you guys, look on social media. They played a practice game yesterday against themselves, a scrimmage, and they had their bullpen coach as the umpire, and it was hilarious when he was calling balls and strikes. But the video is out there on social media, so go check it out.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'll check that out.
Speaker 2: That sounds interesting, all right, Jason Hoffman as always a sports editor from the Inquirer Cincinnati dot com. We appreciate it, buddy.
Speaker 8: All right, thanks guys. Let's go make some money, all.
Speaker 1: Right, thanks Jays.
Speaker 2: With that, we check in with traffic and weather.
Speaker 8: What is going on going on?
Speaker 9: From the UC Health Traffic Center. The UC Cancer Center offers personalized prostate cancer care, exclusive clinical trials and treatments you won't find anywhere else. Call five one three five eight five UCCC. On eastbound two seven five, a major accident blocking off the two right lanes on the Combs Hail Bridge right now delays over two hours back from Turkey Foot Road. Also on southbound four to seventy one, traffic is stop and go between Memorial Parkway and to seventy five. As a result, more stop and go traffic on southbound seventy one between Martin, Luther King and Fort Washington Way and westbound two seventy five down to one lane for roadwork on the Carrol Cropper Bridge, up to a ten minute delay from the Petersburg exit. I'm at Ezeleka news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for toned partly cloudy skies, fifty five for tomorrow partly cloudy, and eighty seven Right now it is eighty two news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 20: Ruddie Boyman and Lance McAllister have all the hooday you can handle during the Roundtable Show tonight at six on seven hundred WLW, the.
Speaker 5: Home of the Best.
Speaker 12: This report is sponsored by Miami Valley Gaming.
Speaker 18: To Miami Valley Gaming October twenty fifth for a chance to win a brand new Geet thirty five in cash.
Speaker 5: Must be twenty one.
Speaker 2: All right back with Eddie and Rocky just a little while longer, and we got to get you out of here, son yep got the Roundtable Show with Lance McCallister six to nine at the Long Necks in Richwood, Kentucky.
Speaker 1: Hope to see there.
Speaker 2: But before we get out of here, let's find out what's going on in the world of your good friend Sean Diddy.
Speaker 1: Cobey Diddy, what's see up to?
Speaker 2: What's going on with Puffy? The trial is coming to a close, I do believe, and here to discuss from ABC News, Peter Harlem Boose, Peter, what's the latest?
Speaker 31: Yeah, tomorrow morning, federal judge here in New York is going to decide how long Shawn Combe should spend in prison for his conviction on two prostitutions of later defenses. If you rewind a few months, Combe has got a split verdict after a month's long trial. That's something he celebrated. His team saw as a victory because he was acquitted on these more serious charges of such trafficking and racketeering, but only convicted on these lesser counts. Now they have to reckon with that, the fact that he was still convicted on two counts. Prosecutors want to send Combs away for eleven years. Combs's lawyers argue he should be able to go home by the end of this year.
Speaker 2: So, Peter, how you're seeing it's shaken out somewhere in the middle of that, in the middle of one and eleven years, or what are you.
Speaker 31: Saying, yeah, I think in all likelihood we're going to see something in between those two. It's really kind of a huge range between them. The federal sentencing guidelines say that about five to seven years is justified, but the judge's total discretion here. He can decide that that Combs's conduct either justifies or does not merit this long sentence. It's also notable because you know, Combs's lawyers have acknowledged that he's a violent individual, that he was caught on video being abusive to one of his ex girlfriends, that this was a problem that he had. They claim that it was because of romantic issues and drug abuse, etc. But they've acknowledged in court that he is a violent person or has been in the past, and that's kind of catching up to them now that they're arguing for this judge to release them immediately. The prosecutors are kind of turning that argument back on them, saying, hey, these defense lawyers can't go from arguing that he openly was a domestic abuser to a perfect individual when it's convenient for him. They're saying that he deserves a lengthy sentence because his victims are still in fear and because they say he's unrepented when it comes to his violations of the law.
Speaker 2: And Peter, what about this woman who would that you originally testified against him, his former girlfriend, and now she's defending him, saying that he should be allowed to go just go home.
Speaker 31: Yeah, this is interesting and I've never really seen anything like this. We saw this letter filed last night. This is someone that prosecutors originally identified as a victim. They originally wanted to call this woman to testify at trial against Colmbs, but it was a bit of a mystery why she went away, why she couldn't actually testify a trial, And today we kind of learned why. She claims that prosecutors basically forced her to thinking that she was a victim here and that she doesn't actually think she was a victim of either prostitution or sex trafficking. She's arguing that Comb should be able to go home immediately to his family.
Speaker 2: Well I'm real curious about that.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a pretty wild trial.
Speaker 2: It's one of those things where you know, as I was following it, just because there's he did a lot of things that were kind of gross and kind of it's like there wasn't against the law, you know. I mean, that's kind of what a lot of it seem to come down to. But certainly not a great guy at all.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 31: And one thing that I will flag that's kind of interesting that I've also not seen before. Just to give the highlights some of the defenses done. Apparently Combs has begun teaching a business management course in prison. As part of his defense here, they submitted his phillabus and a bunch of testimonials from a bunch of inmates who basically said how motivational did he is and how great he is as a teacher the class is. One syllabus, for example, was the titled successful people do what unsuccessful people do not do and kind of includes a bunch of platitudes like never give up and check your ego, but they're playing your ego.
Speaker 2: Good luck with that, right, Oh good God, bless him. I don't know if that's going to sway the judge, but I wish him the best son. Uh, well with the with that, Peter, we will let you go.
Speaker 8: Thanks so much, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Peter Harlembootze from ABC.
Speaker 1: How do not draw attention to yourself?
Speaker 8: By p Diddy see.
Speaker 2: This whole thing is so confused. I haven't really followed it. I just thought it was so cut and dryed he was toast.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I again, I I don't know the particulars of of law and all that, but I I just as I was following it. That's what the impression I got was, Okay, yeah, I did a lot of gross and you know, non savory things.
Speaker 1: But what's at what level of is that illegal?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, in a court of law kind of thing.
Speaker 2: I guess the argument was that he was forcing the women to do that stuff. But then this woman comes down and goes everybody was there forced.
Speaker 4: Like gun to your head, you got to come with me, or hey, i'm gonna I got a private jet. I'm gonna fly you up to you know, to Martha's vineyard and we're gonna have a part.
Speaker 1: Is that is that forcing somebody?
Speaker 2: I don't know or even something is like all right, you don't want to do this, Well, then you're cut off no more. You don't get to fly on the private jet to more of this vineyard anymore. Well, and that type of thing, I I ask you, ed, how many times did you transport a woman across state lines?
Speaker 1: For sex. I have to think about it, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I guess that because they wanted to learn, and I make them.
Speaker 1: That that's in the in the devil or in the details the devil.
Speaker 2: Generally, they went of their own volition. I will say that. I don't I don't remember. There might have been under the influence of a couple of glass of wine and hey, I got an idea, and I just go to the smokies and hang out in the mountains for a little bit, a little hillbilly golf.
Speaker 28: Uh.
Speaker 2: With that, we check in with traffic and weather, what is going on.