Speaker 1: And out an exclusive interview with David Bassey for Dodger Talk. We're getting set for Game four of the World Series between the Dodgers and Blue Jays, and everybody is still buzzing about the eighteen inning finish last night or earlier this morning. And we're joined right now by one of those Dodger bullpen dogs who pitched an inning and two thirds scoreless innings in the first nine innings of last night's game. And that's Justin Robleski, justin, Thanks a lot for the time, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, Dave. Glad to be here. Glad we won.
Speaker 1: Yeah, makes it easier to go to bed and wake up quickly, right with a smile on your face.
Speaker 2: For sure. For sure when you.
Speaker 1: See what the team did. It took all twenty six of you guys to win a World Series game. How much more special is it when everybody contributes in a World series win.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think anytime you know, you win a World Series game, or you're playing in a World Series game in general, it's obviously a huge, you know, once in a lifetime deal and for us to all kind of contribute in small ways in that game, and you know, even the guys that aren't on the roster kind of contributed and it was really really special. It was a lot of fun, probably the most fun I've ever had in the game in my life.
Speaker 2: Like, you know, got to.
Speaker 3: Pitch in the game and then come out of the game and kind of be a part of the cheerleading squad for everybody. And yeah, see Freddie's walk off home run and you know a lot of people still here for eighteen innings, you know, hats off of the fans and everybody that stuck around. And yeah, my family was here, so that was That was another thing that made it pretty cool for me. And yeah, it was it was special.
Speaker 1: Obviously Freddie with the walk off home run huge, But I loved after you mobbed Freddie Freeman, the team mobbed Will Kleine. How cool is that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think you know, a lot of people, I mean, obviously the media and everybody you know, is letting everybody know that what Will did was a big deal. But I think when you're in when you're in baseball and you know the game and you kind of know how it is, and you know that for me, especially being a starter and a reliever, like knowing kind of the differences and everything else and knowing that that will gave us everything you had yesterday. And he's not a guy that came from a starting background, so he just as a reliever through whatever it was seventy pitches or sixty something pitches or whatever, and four innings and it doesn't go unnoticed. And yeah, we were all super pumped for him, and you know, super happy not only that we won the game, but that he was able to kind of, you know, be a hero quote unquote, And it was super cool.
Speaker 1: Justin Roe Bleski is joining us. Before Game four of the World Series, I was standing next to your Dougout, I told you for the last nine innings, and I thought it showed such great team chemistry and camaraderie and how unselfish you guys all are for each other, how loud not only cheering for will Climb, but how loud the dugout was trying to will him no pun intended to each and every out. Do you believe that that helped him and do you believe that he fed off of that in those four inings?
Speaker 3: I mean, selfishly for all of us in there, I'd like to think we helped, But I think I think if you really asked Will, he's probably just out there tunnel vision, not hearing anything, just seeing the mid and trying to get guys out. But I think, you know, regardless of if it helped him or not, I think, you know, being behind your teammate in a spot like that is important and just celebrating with him when it goes well. And yeah, I think it was. It was a lot of fun for us.
Speaker 1: In the dugout, more fun that you won the game, right.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent? One hundred percent? How big?
Speaker 1: How big of a win is that? And how big is it? Uh to go into today's game with a chance to go up three to one?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's it's a huge win. I mean it's a huge, huge, huge win. And credit to them that they fought just as hard as we did. It's just we had, you know, one more big swing than they did. But uh, yeah, it's a huge, huge win in and you know, going up three one is the goal today and that's a big deal. So we're gonna try to get it done and hopefully have the chance to close this thing out tomorrow at home.
Speaker 1: How much more confidence do you have that Dave Roberts is going to in critical situations in the World Series. That's got a feed off itself.
Speaker 3: For sure, and I think you know, they've been in constant with the messaging to me this whole postseason and you're gonna get big outs for us, And you know, Dave came up to me and Milwaukee and was just like, hey, like stay ready, stay locked in.
Speaker 1: And your starters didn't really need.
Speaker 2: You exactly exactly.
Speaker 3: When the starting pitching has been as good as it has been, there's just not gonna be as as many opportunities out there, which is which is fine. I'm okay with winning, that's for sure, But yeah, I knew at some point there was gonna be a spot where I'd have to come in and get some big outs, and yesterday is you know, obviously the goal is always the same, but different different juice in a tie ball game than it was in Toronto and when we were down a little bit so, but yeah, it was a lot of fun and hopefully, you know, I it's super blessed and grateful to have that opportunity and in that big of a spot.
Speaker 1: I know Alex Vessia wherever he was watching last night, was super proud the relievers put fifty one on their caps. Whose idea was that and how much did that mean to the entire team within the team down there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it just it just came as a collective, you know, Blake trying and how the kind of you know, hey, should we do this? Hey, you guys want to do this? And yeah, we were just like, let's let's do it. And because Vess is such a big part of kind of everything we do down there, and he's been such a big part of this team all year, even through these playoffs, and yeah, it's just kind of, you know, show our support to him and let him know that that we're thinking of him and his family during this time. So that's that's really the big thing.
Speaker 1: Don't be nervous about saying it's Blake Trennon's idea. I'll handle trying and don't worry about it. Robleski. I know I can't.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't give him too much credit though, I can't give him. I gotta gotta keep him humble, you know.
Speaker 1: You get those outs all handle Blake Trying and I love it.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: Thanks a lot for the time, So great to see guys like yourself and will CLEINB succeed on this stage. We've been with you every step of the way the process. How much work you guys have put in to grow into this and you're really getting rewarded by the game for your perseverance. So congratulations and keep it going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, thank you so much, and let's keep it, keep it rolling.