Speaker 1: Monday, June fifteenth, twenty twenty six, watch Sticking to Too today from how could this happen?
Speaker 2: To the War in Iran is maybe possibly over? And drama breaks out at the White House, UFC Fight Plus your calls, dispatches, emails, text Sam more Sea Lanes here, Hello, so are you? You can join us with a dispatch. Go to thenewsjunkie dot com get record on your first dispatch today. You can also watch the show on YouTube and twitch dot tv. Slash the News Junkie your messages rolling right at the studio in real time. House everybody do it on a Monday. Ah. Just you gonna pull that down. You're gonna pull that down down? My good gosh.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm gonna I'm gonna do something real quick, and I'm gonna try to stay as calm as I can chat. I will nuke the entire stream if you guys don't stop freaking out about the sink right now, the video and audio out of sink. We're barely running for a bunch of other reasons, so please do not mess with me and trigger. Just you just be patient, Be lucky that there's anything happening, Be lucky that I'm talking and that words are coming out of my mouth.
Speaker 2: Be lucky that it's.
Speaker 3: A Monday and you're alive and everything is going well in your world. Please, good God, do not complain about this right now. Okay, I don't have the bandwidth for it. I don't have the time or the attention for it. I don't have all the I just I can't. I can't right now. I cannot do it. I'm trying my best.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: I didn't have the intro. I didn't, you know, like we were picture perfect for all all of this time, and all of a sudden we got weird stuff. I was excited because I had the guys from Mills Air come out this morning.
Speaker 2: Oh nice air conditioning in the studio. Today's a good day for it. Let me tell you that.
Speaker 3: Yes, hot as hell out there. It's like ninety degrees outside. So the air conditioning in the studio is finally working smoothly. So I go, look, everything's coming up, Sean got the AC in the studio working. Good to go, and I'm on edge. I'll calm down, I promise is the show goes on, I promise I will calm down.
Speaker 2: Well right now, I am not I am not very calm. Oh the courtney. I didn't mean to yell at Corn. I'm not Colm at all. Right, Yeah, yeah, I have to take a walk or something. Well, what's the matter, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Everything's different. We were down to like the last minute and things are failing and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah it's okay. So he says this is horrible, Sean, Well, guess what, you know? You got horrible or nothing. That's what That's what your options are right now. What a weekend, folks.
Speaker 3: So many things to talk about on the show today. And trust me when I say this, we'll get everything sorted out and roll on here on a Monday.
Speaker 2: But there were so many different things.
Speaker 3: We obviously had the Nicks winning the NBA Championship. What a time, one in time, like any kind of sports fan, that was absolutely massive and started to go really viral. You got the World Cup stuff popping off right now, and that's broken through to normies like me because it's fun to watch all these people from other countries come into the United States of America and they're partying and they're learning about our country, and it's just great.
Speaker 2: It's a really really cool thing.
Speaker 1: I really wanted to just to annoy you last minute, purchase a Knicks jersey and like show up in a hat and a jersey today, just so I could be the fair weatherist of Knicks fans.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: We were watching the game at my house, me and some friends that are actual Knicks fans, like actually had Nick's gear that they did not purchase the very same week. And my wife was like hey, and I was like, man of Shawn could see this, he would probably have something to say. My wife goes, hey, why don't you make the lights on the house flashing Knicks colors for the game, and I was like, I was like, yeah, let's go, let's eff and go.
Speaker 2: And so I did it, and I had to do them one by one, blue blue, blue, red, red or orange blue blue blue. That's what's screwed up the studio and that's what.
Speaker 1: And seconds later a different neighbor text me, so, just I no idea, you're such a big Knicks fan, bud, And I was like, you know, I believe blue and orange.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you could have been like little Timothy shallow May, the lovely Timothy shallow May, who they pulled into the locker room. I guess the Knicks were like Hey, buddy, you've been spending bookoo dollars, just all of the piles of Scrooge McDuck money from Marty Supreme. You've been spending to show up at these Knicks games. Or I don't know, maybe Ben.
Speaker 2: The Ben Stiller deal. Maybe you get the Ben Steller free deal.
Speaker 3: They give the celebrities all the free stuff, right, And he gets pulled, I'm sure by some of the Knicks players.
Speaker 2: They're like, we want come on, Shallow Bay, come on.
Speaker 3: And then shallow May goes into the locker room and it's just champagne popping off everywhere in chaos, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, oh wait, so Chalamay traveled to Texas to be at the game next.
Speaker 2: He must have. He was in the locker room and they were they were hitting him with the champagne and the victory party was on. It was.
Speaker 3: It was quite a thing, And like I said, it really did kind of spread to the normy crowd that doesn't really get into into the sports. And I think that's the most interesting thing about this. In the World Cup thing. To me, people went nuts. And you know, I have my little rants about fair Weather fans and how all of a sudden all of the merchants selling out in the next store, and you know, your grandma, who's never talked about basketball ever, is now talking about getting a hoop outside the house and all that stuff. But you can't help smile a little bit and just be interested when you see things like this, like here are the streets right after the Knicks one, and everybody hits the pavement. They're all instant basketball fans and they're all singing along here. Oh my god, my world is just you know, really getting rocked right now. Because we didn't have everything together in the studio. I also didn't plug it, get that set all right.
Speaker 2: Here we go here it is that looks crazy. There's gotta be one hundred thousand people on the streets.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: Despite my problems with the lyrics to the Alicia Keys jam that you are hearing right now on the ring, Wait.
Speaker 2: What is your problem with the lyrics to the Alicia Keys Jane. They don't make any sense and it's stupid and concrete jungle that dreams are made of is enough to make your average English teacher go into a room and place a shotgun firmly within the confines of their lips. It's concrete jungle dreams are made of. That doesn't make any sense. Concrete jungle where things are made.
Speaker 1: Doesn't that dreams have made of would have made more sense. Yeah, it doesn't make any sense. But it doesn't matter, because everybody's out there. They're on the streets in New York. They're all fans. All of a sudden, I mean there's people everywhere.
Speaker 3: Somebody says it's like maybe ten thousand people. Okay, it might be ten thousand people right here, but everybody came outside. There was there was absolute pandemonium.
Speaker 1: Was this was more than then just banging the pots and pans for the first responders.
Speaker 2: This was huge, Yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: It was big. It was a whole big thing. I got a lot of clips on that. I want to talk about the Natics smashing up the school buses, and you know, there's just a lot of different stuff we need to get to and we will absolutely during the show today.
Speaker 2: May or may not. At my house after the game was over.
Speaker 1: Just probably a little too loud for the sleeping baby, you know, with a fever was spreaded man, how how is.
Speaker 3: This getting everybody roped in? I just I don't understand it. Everybody all of a sudden becomes a basketball I.
Speaker 1: Had friends that were fans and they were at the and they were excited. I got it was contagious. I got excited for them.
Speaker 2: How many basketball games did you put on television at your house all season long? H? Five? Maybe?
Speaker 3: Okay, that's better than I thought. I thought you were going to say zero. No, that was a zero that we were going to.
Speaker 2: Get hit with. You forget the magic.
Speaker 1: You know had a tiny shot at this for a split second here that everybody was getting excited about, and then they just dropped the ball epically when they had this really big lead and they were like they got super comfortable and then just blew it.
Speaker 3: I own watch the stuff when it becomes like viral like this, and I had such fun watching all of the related things. There was moments that really are like all the issues I have with New York, which are many.
Speaker 2: I mean, New York is a state that needs a city in particular, that needs a lot of a lot of help and is going the wrong way. I think on quite a few things.
Speaker 3: But I can't help but laugh at New Yorkers, and not in like a like a Nelson from the Simpsons way, but from just their funny as hell sometimes like for instance, Elmo tweeted out, Okay, this is so funny to me Elmo, like Elmo from Cessamestry. He tweeted out on June third, Elmo helps both teams have fun? All right, twenty four point six million views. Elmo helps both teams have fun. And there's four little basketball emojis. And they started hammering Elmo for this. And my favorite thing was.
Speaker 1: At the celebrations in the streets, somebody at Elmo's head on a pike. They put Elmo's head literally on a pike, and it says Trader, and they were bringing Elmo through the city on a pike. And I'm like, you know what, New Yorkers, you guys, you never cease to make me laugh.
Speaker 3: That's hilarious. That is incredible. Like somebody whipped this up. They were ready, they were they were straight up ready for this. And they said, Okay, here's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna go out with my Elmo on a pike with Trader. Let's go nix and just wander in the streets. And that was just the tip of the iceberg. I mean, there was so much of.
Speaker 1: This well didn't, didn't Elmo follow up with something like he made some Nick's reference and they made some Spurs reference or something like.
Speaker 2: I saw the.
Speaker 1: Comments on the one that you had pulled up where they're like, pick aside, Elmo, you know, don't be such a bitch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he said, okay, he said, Elbo hopes both teams have fun. And then he followed up nicks K and I see chaos that last message Elmo didn't mean to spur you on, which is still yeah, He's really is both sides in it, which I don't think is really going to work for him, But actually in a way it did, because twenty four million views on a Elmo post is kind of banger tweet territory, even though Sesame Street is pretty much in New York.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is it really is that where Sesame Street is set in New York?
Speaker 1: I think technically yes, But when they do stuff that's outside of the regular Sesame Street set, like they go places, they're driving through New York, they're driving through Gramercy Park, you know, New York is a part of Sesame Street.
Speaker 2: I think so the people.
Speaker 1: That were telling Elmo, like, hey, you're calling him a trader, I think it was funny putting his head on a pike.
Speaker 2: But also they had a little bit it made a little bit of sense. You're right.
Speaker 3: I just looked up the Sesame Street is in New York and this is your home team. Are they so worried over there about picking a side? Wow, that's how you get on a pike. That's how you get your head on a pike. That's just how it happens. But again, lots more to get into. We'll get into the UFC stuff. We'll get into the musician Oliver Tree, who died over the weekend in a shocking accident. You've heard him on this show many a time. I have like four or five Oliver Tree rejoin. I can't play anything right now, Dropslinger is rip?
Speaker 2: Okay? How was I supposed to know if I closed out a few things on one of the five thousand computers in this studio? I just don't know what you did to the network? Why can't I get onto any of these computers? I don't know, Okay, I don't know. I didn't do anything to do with that. All right, everything's fixed. Austin got it all zipped up and fixed up. We're fixed.
Speaker 3: However, still some lingering is So what we're gonna do is we take a quick break.
Speaker 2: We're going to figure out what's going on so we can get all the wheels filled back up with the proper amount of tire pressure and air, and we have a fun show for you today. I want to talk about when we come back, this Netflix documentary that is rocking people's worlds, and I mean rocking people's worlds right now. Wait till you hear this.
Speaker 3: I'll play some mind blowing clips from it for you and get you all set up. We'll get into UFC World Cup, the bungeee thing and everything on a busy show today and that's coming up next.
Speaker 2: I'm going to use chunky.
Speaker 1: Everything is up and running, everybody, that's right, We're good to go. Almost have am scared to say it outline? Yeah, just say it. Just push yourself. Everything is great, everything is perfect.
Speaker 3: We're good. We're all good to go. We got everything up, the AC works in the studio. It's gorgeous. It's a beautiful, beautiful Monday. We hope you'll join us with some dispatches, emails and all the rest.
Speaker 2: Now, we did a lot this weekend. Courty and I did well.
Speaker 3: One of the things we did we had a little bit of downtime, was we caught up with this or watched this new documentary on Netflix. I think it's the number one thing on Netflix right now.
Speaker 1: I was so pissed when you texted me about this because if you, if anybody remembers from Friday, there's a little bit of an issue at the end of the hot sheet where I had, instead of printing out all the stuff that's coming out on streaming, that I had gone through and narrowed down and crossed out a whole bunch of stuff that I thought was going to be not as interesting I had. I had come up with like a couple things and the show you're about to talk about, and then I hit print on the wrong set of pages. So I had none of that when I went to actually read it, and I totally forgot about this documentary that I was like, this is going to be the next This is the next one we're going to start talking about, just like Mackenzie Shirilla, just like we got into all those other the one with the mom where she was catfishing her own daughter like this, I was like, this is the next one that we are going to dive headfirst into because it's just so interesting. And I think when I was reading the synopsis it was like, yeah, there's no plot twist. It's just crazy, like it doesn't need one.
Speaker 3: Courtney told me about four or five weeks ago, maybe longer. She's had this on her calendar coats. She goes, I want to watch this when this drops on Netflix. We like to watch documentaries and docuseries, and we've watched pretty much everyone that it exists out there, right, the good, the.
Speaker 2: Bad, and the ugly.
Speaker 3: And she goes, there's a documentary and here's how she sold it to me. She goes, it starts with a woman who gets pulled over and she has a baby on her lap, an infant, a newborn infant, and it's like a bloody new born infant on her lap when she gets pulled over, and she says, and then the documentary is about where did she get the baby from?
Speaker 2: And I go, what? All right?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: And I go, you know, I think I might have remembered talking about that story on this show, and it happened.
Speaker 2: See a lot of times these come up, and I do remember talking about them. I remember the crazy mother who cat fished her own daughter. I remember a lot of these things. I remember the guy that stole the plane, when we talked about that when it first happened. This one escaped me. I think, I don't know, I don't remember that out.
Speaker 1: I don't remember talking about a woman who told the cops she just gave birth in the car and then needs hospital attention, and the doctors went, you, there's no way you just gave birth in this car.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So this is called Maternal Instant and it's got a lot of people talking, a lot of people just posting wtf on social media, Like you watch this Maternal Instinct documentary on Netflix and then you just stop and your jaw is on the floor and you just go to social media and you.
Speaker 2: Go, what what? What did I just watch there? Now.
Speaker 3: I don't want to spoil all the ins and outs of this, but they have some really good bodycam footage or footage recorded from the hospital and I and one of the things that was really really interesting to me was watching them as they tried to confront this woman. They're like, where did this baby come from? It's an infant? Where did you get this infant from? Here's just a little snippet from Maternal Instinct on Netflix that a lot of people are talking about after this weekend.
Speaker 2: There's something wrong for them bringing me up to this art us.
Speaker 6: We're just making sure.
Speaker 2: What's the doctor gonna fire. I think he comes in the chair.
Speaker 3: The doctor said, it doesn't look like she had a baby. So like the doctor literally goes under the hood and takes a look. And as you might imagine, you know, a doctor can see if a baby just exited from your body. A doctor can tell those things. And doc goes, ah, this woman didn't just have a baby, And they go, well, well, hold on, well, how does she have an infant with her?
Speaker 2: He could also didn't have a baby. He could also.
Speaker 1: Probably look at maybe the car and go well, because that was her claim, right, She told the cops she just had a baby in this car.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And you know there's other stuff that happens after the initial birth.
Speaker 3: You know, she was in the hospital that brought her over to this room and she's like, it's something wrong, what's going on? And they said is this your baby? Did you have this baby? And she goes, yes, of course, why are you even asking me this? The doctor checks and the doctor you just heard him there say she she didn't just have a baby.
Speaker 2: This woman did not just have a baby.
Speaker 6: Had it doesn't Okay, it's flying.
Speaker 5: They've done an ultrasound in eight CG and it doesn't so that she's been pregnant.
Speaker 6: Where she's in the room, I.
Speaker 2: Do not let her epic maternal instinct.
Speaker 3: And I don't know why that this woman, whether she was security at the hospital or what she was, but she was recording and she got a lot of this great footage behind the scenes of this woman in maternal instinct, and the whole thing kind of becomes about, Okay, I don't think I'm ruining anything here. I'm not, you know, I'm not spoiling anything. It's a documentary for God's sake. But the overall arc of the of the documentary is this woman tells her boyfriend that she's pregnant. Right, she tells her boyfriend that she's pregnant, And there are many, many, many many people in her life, and many many people at like health institutions, hospitals and clinics and stuff that know for a fact that this woman is not pregnant. She's telling everybody she's pregnant. She's having gender reveal parties, she's filming all this stuff, she's got a belly, she's doing all the things that you do when you're pregnant. But there's many people in her life who go, I know, she's not pregnant, but they couldn't say anything because I'm not hippo laws Oh so these people. There were doctors that said, I know, without a shadow of a doubt that this woman is lying to all these people and she's not pregnant, or she's not pregnant right now.
Speaker 2: I know for a fact.
Speaker 3: I know because we took you know, we did a hysterectomy on her.
Speaker 2: She cannot get pregnant.
Speaker 4: We know.
Speaker 3: But the family members were like trying to research and call around. And when they would call, they would call like a clinic and they go, hey, you went there, she says that she's pregnant. Is she pregnant? And they'd go, well, she's a patient, so we cannot divulge patient information.
Speaker 2: To wait, so you can.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess you can get an appointment at an obgyn for an ultrasound without being pregnant.
Speaker 3: I guess so. And they couldn't say anything what they did though, And this is kind of an interesting thing where I said, is that a violation of hippo law? When family members and other people would call and they go, I don't know, something seems wrong. I don't know if she's really pregnant. They'd call and they go, did you see this woman? Is she indeed pregnant? They go, we can't tell you because of hippo laws. But I would say, trust your gut.
Speaker 1: They would say, keep digging, And I thought, is that not like a hippo violation.
Speaker 2: She's seem kind of violating. Yeah, and it's tough.
Speaker 3: And then they were filming her, like they film her she's at the hospital, she's there, and they film her in the hospital gown doing all these tests and stuff. And even then I go, like, this feels like they shouldn't be able to record that either. But I guess because she's, you know, involved in a crime here, your rights as a person in the hospital, your hippo writes and stuff evaporate and it becomes like part of the case against you.
Speaker 2: But it's just so crazy.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you guys are into this like I am. But when there is a particular type of BPD woman bipolar disorder, borderline personality disorder, whatever you want to.
Speaker 2: Shake at it, right, you know, more than more often than.
Speaker 3: Not, it's borderline personality disorder that strikes in the hearts of some of these crazies. And if there's a person like this, I don't know if it affects women more than men or what I see.
Speaker 2: A lot of women are who are kind of like this.
Speaker 3: But when somebody has borderline personality disorder and they are also a compulsive liar, you get sort of a Casey Anthony situation. Casey Anthony told everybody, don't worry. Kaylee Anthony is with the nanny, and she said, why is everybody freaking out? And Mom's like, I haven't seen the baby in months? What's happening here? Where is Caylen?
Speaker 2: She's like, stop freaking out. She's with Zanny, the nanny, you know.
Speaker 1: And she told this whole big lie and she would lie, lie, lie, lie, lie, NonStop. And then Casey Anthony told the lie that I talk about all the time when I talk about, you know, the end of the road, the end of the hallway. Casey Anthony was talking with the police and they said, well, where have you been. She's like, work and they said, well, where are you working and she goes, I work at Universal Studios And they said, we talked to Universal Studios and they said you didn't work there, And Casey Anthony says to the cops, she says, well, I do work there. That's ridiculous. I don't know why they would say that. And the cops go, would you like to take.
Speaker 2: A ride over there? And she goes, of course, I'd like to take a ride over there. I work at Universals. To you, why are you way being ridiculous?
Speaker 1: Cop goes, Okay, get in the car and they get in the car and the cop goes, are you sure that you work at Universal Studios. She says, yes, stop doing I work at Universal Studios. Okay, we're driving to Universal Studios. They put it in in drive and the cop starts driving down the road. You sure you want to go? Yes, of course we're going to work. They get uk.
Speaker 2: This is exciting for the police officer that gets to be this. Yeah, yes, it would be for me too. I'd be like, all right, you want to keep going?
Speaker 3: And they said, oh, so when we're now on Universal lot, the cop pulls in and says she's an employee, here. I'm taking her to her job. She goes, yeah, I'm just going in here checking in. I'm an employee. And they stop at the building and the cop goes, this is the building you work in. She goes, yes, okay, you want to take me in the building. Casey Anthony goes, yeah, all right, I'll take you in the building. Cop opens the door my desk. He's right over here and he's following her, and they twist and turn through all these hallways and eventually she gets to a hallway that ends in. Casey Anthony turns around and she says, I don't work at Universal Studios, and the cop is like a, you know, like I got you, and the most are driving to that place in the Hamptons.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The most insane thing about these borderline personality disorder types is that they start to buy into the delusion.
Speaker 2: This woman was so deep.
Speaker 3: Into a lie about her being pregnant that she ended up with somebody else's newborn baby.
Speaker 2: And how they got to all of those things.
Speaker 3: I'll that you find out if you watch Maternal Instinct over on Netflix.
Speaker 2: But it's even worse than Casey Anthony.
Speaker 3: It's like taking that lie as far as you can possibly take that lie. And Courty and I started talking about, you know, if you've ever met somebody in your life who is a compulsive liar and what that's like and the ease with which those people can lie. And Courty's like, that's like the opposite of how you operate. Because I told her a long time ago, I said, there is one key strategy in radio that I have used always and forever, and that is just tell the truth, all right, tell the truth. If you want to like put a little flair on a story or something, that's one thing.
Speaker 2: But tell the truth. If you tell the truth and all the things that you're doing as a radio host, you will never have this cringe moment where somebody pushes back and they're like, hey, you know said this, this guy's a big phony, and then all of a sudden your career crumbles down around you because you've started lying about things. And I said, operating in the world of truth is so much less stressful, oh yeah, than operating in a world of lies. But these people often people with borderline personality disorder. They are so that one of the women in this goes, I don't know how she didn't just carry a binder around with her all the time, like a three ring binder that would tell her about all of the lies that she has, so she would and cross them. Yeah. Yeah, it's sort of like we talked about, see and the people who ran the office had the Bible. Yeah, the Bible. Yeah, the Bible. You're right.
Speaker 3: The people who ran the office had the Bible, and in it had they had every character and everything about them and everything about the show.
Speaker 1: Everything that they've ever like said on the sly like just in passing, like oh, I had an uncle who worked in textiles or something like that, and you're like, you got to write that down so that somewhere in the future either we can revisit this little thing and it'll be a fun you know, throwback, like like in Parks and rec when when she goes on the date with who's the guy from SmartLess Jason, No, not Bateman, Will our net job well, well our net job yeah, yeah, Joe. She goes on the date with Will Arnett and he is a he does MRIs or something like that. He does imaging. He's like, you've never had one, and so he sneaks her into his office and gives her an MRI and he's like looking at her, you know, her downstairs, and go, yeah, oh yeah, this is quite the oven you got here. You could probably do triplets for a shot. And that was season two and then like a season seven, they go, hey, remember that triplet joke. We're paying it off right now, she's having triplets.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: So it's become so complicated. You have to have this bible, this binder to remember all of the things in your story. And these people who lie like this, I don't know how they keep it together.
Speaker 1: Do you think now it's weird to think that a doctor would purposely break hip a law for something like this, But like you, I mean, you're also a doctor. The reason you're doing this is because you care for people and you want to contribute to the betterment of their lives, right yeah, And so you know, like, this person is seriously screwed in the head, and there is a tiny law that is preventing me from saying something to their family which could prove really, really helpful. But because she hasn't broken a law yet, because she hasn't put somebody or somebody you know, herself or somebody else in danger, I can't tell you that your crazy cousin is not pregnant at all and just keeps coming to my office, and they know.
Speaker 2: That and weaponize it so they like they know, they're like these people all know and could blow up the fact that I'm not really pregnant right now, but because of like hippolaws, but they can't do it, so I can lie to all these people almost with impunity.
Speaker 1: Do you think that there's any part of those doctors that way, Like, okay, say I did.
Speaker 2: Tell their family that she wasn't pregnant.
Speaker 1: Do you think a woman in this conditions the has the funds to sue.
Speaker 2: Me for this? Yeah? I mean probably.
Speaker 1: You know when the store owners used to like post up the names of people who write bad checks because they're like, if they're writing bad checks, they can't afford to sue me for this, so they would just name and shame the bad check writers.
Speaker 2: Well, let us know, Oh, the biggest lie you've cut somebody? All right?
Speaker 3: I want to know that because this is a big fat lie, all right, And again I won't tell you all the ins and out so that when you watch Maternal Instinct on Netflix you'll be surprised by some of this stuff. But It's shocking in every possible way the links to which this human being went to try to get away with a lie. And I've told this story real quick before break many times on this show.
Speaker 2: But you know, I've encountered.
Speaker 3: A lot of people like this, Borderline personality disorder, compulsive liars, all these types that are very strange people. They're very poisonous if you encounter one of them. Run, okay, run.
Speaker 2: Had somebody very close to me who was dating a person who clearly, to me from a mile away, had borderline personality disorder, and I said, please, if you listen to anything that I ever tell you, run as far away from this person as you possibly can.
Speaker 3: Thankfully that ended up happening, you know, at some point. Thankfully that ended up happening. But I told the story long ago of used to go to this bar, and at the bar, we used to see this bartender like every day, every.
Speaker 2: Day, nice guy.
Speaker 3: And we would sit down and he'd be like, hey, how you guys doing, And then well we'd be like, good, how are you doing?
Speaker 2: And he said, oh god, you know my fiance's mom.
Speaker 3: She lives at this trailer park and she's so crazy and obnoxious and we had to spend the weekend with her, and we were like trying to make Thanksgiving dinner together and we just do not get along with her. The next time you would come and be like, oh, did you run into the mother in law again, he'd be like, oh, God, here's the thing.
Speaker 2: She just got cancer. And they're like, now, you.
Speaker 3: Know, I hate to say it, but I'm kind of excited. And so this I'm saying so many twists and turns in this story. We go to the bar one day, we go, where is this guy? Where's the bartender? And they go, oh, quite the story. Well did he ever tell you a story about having his fiance.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, fiance, you know, like but mother, mother, Yeah, yeah, like all that, like the whole web of people. And they go, he made all that up.
Speaker 3: He's he's not dating anybody, he doesn't have a fiance.
Speaker 2: None of those stories are true. He was just lying about everything in his life.
Speaker 3: And it got so weird that we had to fire him because it was like we unwound these lies and we found out like everything in this person's world they were lying about. And when they are so deep into those lies, like so deep that you're trying to make people think that you have a baby in your belly so deep that you you are telling people that, all right, I'm going to the hospital, I'm gonna give birth. Well, you'll do just about anything to try to get away with that, won't you. And that's where you find Maternal Instinct on Netflix. For those of you who saw it, to chime in, let us know what you think. Tips at the news junky dot com or send a dispatch over at the news junkie dot com. All right, when we come back, we'll get into a little bit more of the chaos in New York that happened after the Knicks win.
Speaker 2: We still have to get to the UFC stuff, and we got Amy Koufo at the top of the hour. I'm excited about that. That is coming up next on the News Chunky.
Speaker 3: Well, it was a big win for the Knicks, and that meant people had to party and celebrate and do the fun stuff. And then also, of course there had to be a crazy minority of lunatics who just want to ruin things and light school buses on fire and break people's taxi cabs in the middle of the street.
Speaker 2: I saw this guy in New York.
Speaker 3: This taxi cab driver, his car is surrounded with Knicks fans. They're on the roof smashing this guy's roof, destroying his taxi cab, and the guys just like throwing his hands in the air, like, what am I gonna do?
Speaker 2: This is it?
Speaker 3: They've decided that they're gonna break stuff because why well, like in most cases, because they think they can get away with it. And we'll get to that. But first, one of the clips I wanted to play for you was this is kind of fun. Air traffic Control was getting into the Knicks victory, okay.
Speaker 2: On both sides.
Speaker 3: First it was them departing from San Antonio, and I guess they were partying so hard in the team plane to get the Knicks back to New York. They were partying so hard that you could hear them on the air traffic control.
Speaker 1: Shallamy on the plane with him. I don't know if he was still there. Chalam is like, I'm just with you, guys. It's just he's just with the team all the time. Here's the air traffic control audio.
Speaker 4: How for departure two five five five delta eighty nine thirty eight eighty nine thirty eight reback correct and if you can tell those guys congratulations, enjoy the moment. Oh, they're enjoying it back there. You probably can hear them. They're having a good time.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll pass it on.
Speaker 6: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 2: I can hear them back there.
Speaker 8: But I just want to let them know before they all fall asleep.
Speaker 4: We'll do for sure. The planes rocking and it's they're having a party.
Speaker 2: You You could just see, like ra Rober Robbo, all of these Knicks fans are Knicks players, I guess who are are partying on the plane. And the craziest thing.
Speaker 3: The craziest thing to me was they said the plane was like rocking around in the air from the players in the back just going crazy side to side and the pilots like this thing is bouncing around back here.
Speaker 2: I would not like it with that, No, I would.
Speaker 3: I would not be a fan. Like I didn't even know it was a possibility. Your partyings are the planes like getting turbulence as a result of it.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine it's been fifty plus years since you've brought an NBA Championship to New York City. You go to Game five, you do the thing in San Antonio, you beat the Spurs. You party so hard on the plane that you don't make it home. The play falls out of the sky crashes.
Speaker 2: You're like, son up a bitch, this is what we were fighting for all these years.
Speaker 1: And then the front office is like, well, the next season is going to be a rebuilding season. We're rebuilding the entire team because they got so hammered on the plane and partied so hard that they bounced it right out of the damn sky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, we're back on a plane. I get it, everybody.
Speaker 3: I understand fine, I get like all emotes and and emojis in the chat on back on a plane, I get it. I get it. We are You can play the song if you want, Yes, and it's my drop. Slingers was busted like you were, Oh no, you're not.
Speaker 2: Really My perfect guess A story as long as it flies.
Speaker 9: Would insane and as you might a guest, We're back on a plane.
Speaker 2: There we go.
Speaker 3: They were arriving in New York in the same thing happened eight playing.
Speaker 10: Over the Averrizonta Bridge, up the Hudson, the Statue and all the good stuff in New York.
Speaker 2: Copy of that over the Verizona after Hudson. Now they did thirty eight. Thanks.
Speaker 11: Please let the guys know New York Traycon, the Guadia Tower, Kennedy Tower, maybe even New York Tower.
Speaker 2: What's just the tower.
Speaker 4: We're all we're all on about three to four hours of sleep, but as happy as we could have a big congress.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure they were.
Speaker 12: They finally settled down about thirty minutes ago. Before that, there was a pretty pretty excited boxing back there.
Speaker 1: I believe they're all excited here around that second bout to the coffee lady this morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love this, right, Like, how fun is that?
Speaker 10: Does anybody concerned by that? I mean, I get it. It's cool right now, it's cool. So the Knicks just won the championship, and hey, we're really proud of them. Anybody concerned by the fact that all of the towers in New York are on three to four hours of sleep, the.
Speaker 2: Pilots, the towers, everybody was watching this damn game and nobody's got any.
Speaker 3: Sleep, Like, yeah, this is the second pot of coffee's going already. Oh guys, maybe you shouldn't have done this. So they're playing, that's gonna drop into the Hudson later as a result of.
Speaker 2: You being asleep at the wheel here.
Speaker 1: Like, you know, I'm kind of glad that they that they you know, button it up in five and it's not going any longer because I have loved ones going to New York tomorrow and I need the people to be awake.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's let's get them back into gear, I would think. But there you go.
Speaker 3: That's how they were handling this on air traffic control. Let's see what else we need here. The I mean, it just gets out of control. I hate when they do this kind of stuff, when they just light stuff on fire. Here's a school bus just completely engulfed in flames. Now you might ask yourself a legit question, Sean, Why is there a school bus in the middle of New York City in the middle of the night. And I think the reason for that is they were using the school bus is to bust people in for the watch parties in New York City. They had all these watch parties and they were using the school buses to offer transportation for everybody.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, it's summer, yeah right, there.
Speaker 2: Shouldn't be any school buses.
Speaker 3: So they figured, hey, you know, like there's always got to be somebody to pee in the punch bowl. They figured, Hey, what we're going to do here is start ripping the school buses apart, light them on fire, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 2: And that's what some of these folks ended up doing. And obviously that's just absolutely horrible behavior. I know that they said they are searching for at least a handful of people who were involved in all this.
Speaker 3: They arrested sixty three people. There was one shooting and four stabbing. Ten cops were injured. Ten cops injured in the melee of all this stuff. So they went wild, and they should do this every time. Let people have fun, Let people go hog wild. But the truth of the matter is everybody that's doing crap like that to jail, off to jail. You want to let a school bus on fire, you want to break the cabby's car and ruin his livelihood, you want to do off to jail. Don't care if you were celebrating the basketball team and you just got caught up in things, don't care about it.
Speaker 2: Have fun, put Elmo's head on a pike.
Speaker 1: Do those sorts of things. But raider the idea that they're like burning school buses.
Speaker 2: Is just so. I mean, God Almighty, everybody in the world knows how brain dead this is. But there you go. Yeah, I guess they set a lot of ratings records.
Speaker 3: Twenty point nine million viewers watching the Knicks overcome a twenty nine point halftime deficit between when at Madison Square Garden and then you know, then Game five, even more viewers, I believe for the win there that clinch ship between the.
Speaker 1: Win for the Knicks and the USA game starting off the World Cup Friday night. I think there was a lot of records that got set or at least reached. Yeah, yeah, I mean I got swept up in it a little bit. Clearly Selane got swept up in it. We know what happened there. I mean, they've got to put the Knicks lights on the outside of his house.
Speaker 2: God say so.
Speaker 3: He was obviously swept up in it. Everybody kind of got into it, and that was fun. That's a fun thing. We got to take a moment every once in a while and celebrate the fun things that are happening. You never know when it's going to be over, and it's like this weekend, I can count on one hand, maybe two at the most. With as close as I follow news, it's frustrating to people around me because you're never, ever in your life going to tell me about a story as it's breaking before I know about it. I've got a setup that has worked brilliantly over the years. You're never going to tell me about a breaking story unless I was like in a movie theater or something and I'm just coming out and catching up with what was happening.
Speaker 2: I think even then you're probably still getting updates.
Speaker 1: A lot of times I'll peak, I'll be like, okay, all right, I have to is what I do?
Speaker 2: You know, I just stay on top of this stuff.
Speaker 3: And this weekend was one of those like handful of times where my jaw hit the floor and I was like what. And I left Courtney probably frustrated with me because she's like, you know something, tell me what it is. I know that you know something, tell me what it did.
Speaker 1: And there was the definitely a piece of news that happened like that this weekend.
Speaker 2: We're going to get into that next hour.
Speaker 3: We'll of course talk with Amy Kaufel, our friend Amy Caffel. She's gonna join us next here on the show, and we have so much more as a Monday rolls on, So stick with us, all right, that's coming up next on the News Junkie.
Speaker 1: I've been waiting for a week for this moment. It is my favorite part of the week.
Speaker 3: Sea Lane has said multiple times, we've been doing this for too long.
Speaker 2: Let's killm.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: He said, I've had enough for hockey. He's like, I know everybody on the world on planet Earth loves Amy Cowfell, but I don't.
Speaker 1: If you were out of your mind, said shut your mouth. How dare you say that?
Speaker 3: She's a powerful, powerful broadcaster and we're lucky just to be near her orbit.
Speaker 2: That's Amy cough. I love you, guys, is Amy Caufell. How was your weekend? Yeah you too? How was your weekend? Anything fun? Going on? Anything exciting?
Speaker 6: Let me tell you.
Speaker 13: So we went to we went to Austin, Texas hill country this past weekend for family reunion, which was really fun until it was time to fly back yesterday.
Speaker 6: All right, So our flight I was already kind.
Speaker 13: Of playing it a little on the dangerous side because our flight was leaving at seven pm.
Speaker 6: And you guys know, when you do a morning.
Speaker 13: Show that you have you have to be back at a certain time in order to get enough sleep.
Speaker 6: So our seven o'clock flight, Now, if.
Speaker 1: You're an air traffic controller in New York, you don't no, no, yeah.
Speaker 2: I just watch the next games all night. The second pot of coffee will be good to go. Yeah, so you were you were cutting it close, huh, A little close.
Speaker 6: But it was fine.
Speaker 13: I was going to get into at eleven. I'm like, it's fine. I'll sleep an hour on the plane and I'll still get I'll still get five or six hours and make it to work on time.
Speaker 6: It'll be fine.
Speaker 13: So then the flight got pushed back to eight thirty. Then the flight got pushed back to nine thirty.
Speaker 6: Oh no.
Speaker 13: Then by the time we finally pulled out of Austin, it was ten thirty.
Speaker 6: We pull into Sandford. It was we flu agent.
Speaker 13: We pulled into Sandford at one let's see, no, was it one forty five?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Forty five? I think one five am. I can't remember now, I'm so tired.
Speaker 13: And then by the time I got home and got into bed, it was like almost three o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 2: Oh no, what times you have to wake up?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 13: I did, let my very kind and generous boss know that there was no way I was going to be able to pull off doing the six am show, so I made it in time to do the seven am.
Speaker 6: Oh thanky we have.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it was so I think I got maybe total last night, maybe three or four hours of sleep.
Speaker 2: You can't keep doing this to yourself. I think you've got something inside.
Speaker 3: You that drives you in a different way than most other people because it's so easy to spend a weekend just chilling and relaxing, and you do not let yourself do it. You go, you run hard, You're always moving and doing something too much.
Speaker 6: I need a break you probably, But anyway, but it was great.
Speaker 13: We had a good time. The hill country is beautiful. Austin's a fun little town. I mean it's not really little. It's a fun city. It's like, I've not actually explored Austin much and it's so if you've not been there, it's fun.
Speaker 6: They have this like slogan it's called keep Austin Weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Austin, and I.
Speaker 6: Guess it is a little weird. It's quirky, but it's but it's cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what'd you do? Did you go to any like any clubs.
Speaker 13: No club and it was the family read oh so no, we were Actually we stayed on the lake.
Speaker 6: We like went out on a boat and the kids jet skied and we did stuff like that.
Speaker 3: You know, did anybody at the family reunion have too much to drink and then just lay out all their grievances against other family members?
Speaker 2: Because no, from my experience.
Speaker 6: A lot of everybody was pretty well behaved.
Speaker 13: There was a lot of sports watching, which I know, you guys love.
Speaker 6: Of course, everybody was watching.
Speaker 13: The NBA finals and men's soccer, men's US men's soccer, so that was like fun because everybody's kind of gathered around watching watching all the games. So yeah, and obviously it's I mean it's crazy. Are you guys shocked at how big men's soccer is right now? I'm like, like Europeans who are just fascinating to watch as they make their treks across America.
Speaker 3: I am having so much fun personally watching all of the World Cup stuff. And by that I don't mean the games at all, I mean literally just I love what's happening where. My take on this amy was that I think Americans are in so many ways jaded. I think Americans get real angry about things, and they're wrapped up, many of them in politics. I think we forget how good we have it and how lucky we are to have the spawn point of.
Speaker 2: The United States of America.
Speaker 3: For all of America's issues, I think that we're still a great country, you know.
Speaker 2: I think we really have a lot going for us.
Speaker 3: And the best thing in the world is I think these World Cup fans from Scotland and from Sweden and from you know, Ghana, and from all over the world. These people, I think maybe some of them were operating on what they were hearing back from the media, what they were hearing people say online, and they probably got kind of like a bad taste in their mouth for America, and then when they go to America, they're.
Speaker 2: Like, what this is it? You know, this is pretty cool?
Speaker 3: You know, Like I think when they get to America, they go everybody's nice, they have really great things, their food is fantastic.
Speaker 2: They're losing their minds over cracker barrel.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 2: I cannot. I love it. I absolutely love all that's happening there, and I think it's probably one of the best things that's happened for America's image in the last like ten years.
Speaker 13: No, you bring up a very good point, because I think you're right. I think there were people who were like, I'm not traveling to America. America is scary and all of these things. My camera just died, by the way, so sorry you.
Speaker 2: No, we're gonna hear you. Yeah you're good.
Speaker 13: But yeah, so yeah, but no, you're so right, Sean. I think you bring up a great point about that, and I think it's funny too.
Speaker 6: I saw somebody put.
Speaker 13: Together like an Instagram video of them walking around Europe and she was talking about how like, here I am walking around Europe admiring you know, all of these things that I knew I would love about Europe. And she goes, Meanwhile, there are all these Europeans who are in my home country of America, and they're finding all these things to admire about my home country that I don't appreciate anymore. And it's like, it's funny how you don't really It's kind of like you don't really.
Speaker 6: Know what you got till it's gone.
Speaker 12: True.
Speaker 13: Yeah, you don't really appreciate it until you see someone else appreciate it and you're.
Speaker 6: Like, oh wow, Okay, I guess my country is pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean and like it. It's not about politics. It's about everything but politics. Really, it's just about Yeah, I think that's the best way to put it. Really, it's about not realizing what you have because you got used to it and you started fighting over it and and you.
Speaker 2: Lost your passion for it.
Speaker 3: But other people see the grand diversity of not just people, but also like the topographical diversity, the the diversity of things you could see, and and even just the day of driving across the United States of America. The scope and grandeur of it all is is awesome.
Speaker 1: Aside from all the Germans and Swedish that are discovering waffle House for the first time, Sean was also following really closely. He was a little put off, I think by the Scottish people and the number of bagpipes that show up when the Scottish arrive.
Speaker 2: I don't The Scots are a little loud for me.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you have you have Scottish lineage at all.
Speaker 6: I do.
Speaker 13: I'm actually I'm so, but I'm also like just a child. Yeah yeah, but I gotta tell you it's funny. So one of my good friends is born and was born in Scotland.
Speaker 6: He lives here now. He works for Fox and.
Speaker 13: He is just having the best time watching all these Scottish fans here. They are hilarious, they are some of the videos are so much fun. We had a guy on Goodday Orlando last week who was here from I don't know if you guys saw this guy.
Speaker 6: He was here, he's here.
Speaker 13: From England and he was actually over in Tampa watching I think it's called the team is called three Lions. And then he came over to Orlando to watch one of the games and he was downtown Orlando at this at this like British like English pub.
Speaker 6: Did you guys see the guy with no shirt on? Sterricle?
Speaker 13: And then he was like, they all have their own shtick. So he was going around to all these central Florida landmarks. He went over to Kennedy Space Center. He took a picture of himself with no shirt on. That's his shick is no shirt shirt. I was like, the big NAT's a world, you know ball that's like right out in front of the Visitor's complex. I mean, hysterical, like so much personality and everybody's following these guys, I've been having fun watching following Freddy La seven.
Speaker 2: He's the guy on Yeah, the German guy.
Speaker 6: Posted yet last night that.
Speaker 13: JJ Watt, who's of course the famous football player, basically paid for this suite for him. It's like one hundred and fifty thousand dollars a night sweep so that he could like, like so, and he's posting about it.
Speaker 6: He's just like, what is happening? Like America's best country in the world. Like it's just I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think I think he's kind of losing it a little bit. Though. I think we need to dial it back. I think we're.
Speaker 3: Love bombing the German Freddie guy. Here's what happened Amy. So he says, all right.
Speaker 2: We're making our way into Louisiana because he's cutting his way across the country for these World Cup games. And Freddie, this guy who's at the link to his Twitter account is over on see it now in the news junkie dot com if you want to see what's going on. And he's been amazed by waffle House and all these things. And he gets to the welcome sign for Louisiana and it says, welcome to Louisiana, and then somebody put on the bottom welcome Freddy, We're so glad to have you here.
Speaker 3: And he's like he's filming this. He's like, oh my god, it's overwhelming. They're putting my name on the welcome sign. These people don't even know what I look like. Never even showed his face as far as I know. So he sees his name on the welcome sign, and then he kicks on the radio and he had said, oh, I'm listening to a lot of radio in American and I really like this song. And the radio station he's listening to says this one goes out to Freddy from Germany. We know you like this song. Cruising around America. I think we might be doing too much. I think, like I think.
Speaker 2: We're love bombing the foreigners. We picked one guy.
Speaker 1: We picked one guy to upgrade literally every single thing he does, and the rest of them are somebody is gonna come back from you know, go back to Germany and go, hey, I'm the one that had the crap time.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm the one. I'm not Freddie. I'm not Freddie.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 2: The Brits, the Brits are wherever they are.
Speaker 3: The people from England there they got hit with like a tornado.
Speaker 2: I love I.
Speaker 1: Love that the British guys whole shtick is being shirtless. Like nobody told him about Bert Kreischer. We already got one of those here is there what I love though, I've decided I love.
Speaker 2: The fans from Japan.
Speaker 1: I think they're my absolute favorite in the United States for.
Speaker 2: All things poke up.
Speaker 1: The japan fans, if you will, are my absolute favorite, and they're really really sweet.
Speaker 2: People love.
Speaker 3: This moment, by the way, started with just a genius question. The current state of modern journalism, I guess started with a genius question. These people with japan jerseys on and they have bandanas on with the Japanese flag, and the question was.
Speaker 6: Where do you guys from. Where's everyone from? M America?
Speaker 9: Texas?
Speaker 2: Texas is good, everything can be, everything is big. He said. Now, I'll tell you well.
Speaker 3: You had some of these goons in the street of New York City and they were lighting school buses on fire to give a bad name to the rest of the Knicks fans just trying to celebrate peacefully.
Speaker 2: We had those folks out there. What are the Japanese people do?
Speaker 1: They're in the stadium for the World Cup, and they brought little trash bags and they were picking up everybody's trash from the whole Japanese section. All right, what the world is healing? It's coming together right now.
Speaker 3: After the game ended, Japanese fans stayed in the stadium to collect all the paper and waste. This person says, it's unbelievable, unbelievable. Here's another one from Freddy, the German guy. This is also insane. We found this when we got back to our room, and then somebody even sent cupcakes to our room. I genuinely don't understand how it got to this point. We're just normal World Cup tourists, and they gave them like all this merch and a spread of food and stuffed animals and the cupcakes, and it was just like, I think we might be going too far. We're like, we're starting to United States of America's We're coming across like that woman in obsession. I don't know if you've seen that at the theaters yet.
Speaker 2: I have it.
Speaker 6: I have it. I saw fatal attraction though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's similar, similar vibes there, similar.
Speaker 3: So I'm loving the Japanese folks. I think this is another one. This is another japan fan right here.
Speaker 15: Okay, I can not to speak English, but but I'm excited.
Speaker 2: I can't get enough of this guy. He he learned just the right little bit. He learned justin He's like. He reminds me.
Speaker 1: He reminds me of the German kid from Can't Hardly Wait where they're like teaching him like I am a six machine.
Speaker 2: It doesn't know too much money. I know just enough.
Speaker 15: I can not to speak English, but but I'm excited.
Speaker 2: She's great too, the fox poor ladies, Like, is that what I sound like when I speak Spanish? Is that likely?
Speaker 1: Is that the experience that people are getting? Yeh, yeh, your carel fun man, it's it's just awesome and I'd love to see this.
Speaker 2: And it's good vibes for the most part around it.
Speaker 3: Now, you're still gonna have these weirdo America bad people who are like I just can't get over it.
Speaker 2: I can't come together like that. You know what you're seeing here is the normies are rising up like hermies. Let's show the world a good time. Let's show them what our country is all about.
Speaker 3: They're amazed by some simple things and this is what we got over here for you, and let's just put this country on display in a positive way.
Speaker 2: That I think You're right.
Speaker 6: It is awesome to see.
Speaker 13: I gotta say one of my favorite things too about watching the Japanese clean up the stadium was seeing Jameis Winston. Yeah, you know, of course Floridians know Jamis because he was the quarterback for Florida State.
Speaker 6: He's a Heisman Trophy winner.
Speaker 2: No, what do we really know him from?
Speaker 1: Amy, What do we really know Jameis Winston from?
Speaker 2: Let me be.
Speaker 6: Honest with you.
Speaker 13: This guy has had a couple of you know, I would say speed bumps along the way in his career. But I serious love him now, Like he's so much fun to watch, like when you when he like when they.
Speaker 6: Let him do like commentating. I just love him and.
Speaker 13: He's such a goofball and he's just so much fun to be around.
Speaker 6: Anyway. I just I'm narmored with him. But he was actually in the stands with the Japanese fans and he was cleaning up the.
Speaker 13: Stadium too, And I don't even think that he knew, like there was a camera on him and all of a sudden it's like, wait a second, is that that's Jameis Winston.
Speaker 6: Yeah, very cool to see that.
Speaker 3: I gotta say, while this is all going on and there are good vibes up in the air, we could learn a couple of things from some of the other cultures, right. We could learn to like not all be main character syndrome. We could learn to like clean things up and be decent to each other, and treat people decently and not tear everything down, and to have a little bit of shame. We could bring that back, perhaps a little bit. And so I mean, I I'm over.
Speaker 2: The moon about this.
Speaker 3: My positivity level on that is about as high as it can possibly be. I won't talk about German fans yet, because you know, we'll talk about that after Amy. We won't talk about that in the presence of Amy kauf Felt. Why did something happen?
Speaker 2: I'll tell you afterwards. I tell you, I don't know anything happened with the Germany. Yeah it's naked or something. You're acting like, okay, all right, he shout up.
Speaker 3: After we get Amy kauf Felt is with us right at the moment here, So we're glad to have you back.
Speaker 13: We're glad that we can guys, and you can watch the next game. By the way, the men play three o'clock on Friday. They're playing Australia only on Box.
Speaker 2: Nice. That's that's a good get right.
Speaker 6: We're excited to have these FIFA games. It's really awesome.
Speaker 1: Did you have to did you have to, like a cave to any of FIFA's crazy demands, like uh, you know, covering up your logos and any of that stuff, the the posts from Levi's Stadium or not Levi's Stadium, whatever they're calling it, like say Francisco Stadium, or they had to cover up the logos because of the FIFA requirement.
Speaker 2: It's hilarious. They did.
Speaker 3: My favorite part about it Seiland's right. They have been crazy about covering up all logos in the VIP rooms and stuff. You see a spread of food and all the logos are all taped over. They don't want anybody who didn't pay to get any kind of airtime here because you know, the airtime is pretty valuable. But at the Levis Stadium they covered up the logo and the way they covered it up, Levi's changed their logo to the covered up version, so Levi's on social media has changed their logo really the to the they taped over it to hide Levi's and they've changed their actual logo to that version.
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 1: They can like monopolize the moment here a little bit. Anyhow, Oh, that's all good and fun stuff. Hey, did you watch Maternal Instinct this weekend? We were talking about that a little bit, Amy, did.
Speaker 2: You watch that?
Speaker 13: I did not know because I was doing family re union stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this isn't a family reader. I heard.
Speaker 6: It's really good, fascinating.
Speaker 1: It's a yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: And Courtney is like so normy brained that she doesn't understand stuff like this, Amy, I have to tell her, like it says, some people are just weird.
Speaker 1: She goes, why would people lie like this? Why would somebody do that? Why would they lie? And I'm like, some of these people are just sick in the head. And the woman from this Maternal Instinct documentary on Netflix, it's one of the top things on Netflix right now that we were talking about, is about as sick in the head as it gets.
Speaker 2: I'd encourage you guys to watch that. We'll talk about it.
Speaker 3: A little bit more this week, but it has been a pleasure you. But when you watch it, don't think that. Don't think that it reflects on us for recommending it, you know what I mean, Like it's it's a weird thing.
Speaker 2: Don't think it reflects on us. It just reflects on Sean, not me, not me. There she is Amy Kaffell from Make Sure you're following her on all social media platform every single one of them. That one, that one and all the rest, Amy Coffell. Search for Tom and watch her every single morning.
Speaker 3: If you're here locally on our home station in Orlando, watch Fox thirty five Good Day Orlando and the crew everybody else. I mean, there's no reason not to be following along foxthirtyfive Orlando dot com.
Speaker 2: And we'll see you next week. Amy.
Speaker 6: Thanks you guys, love you see you soon.
Speaker 2: Thank you too.
Speaker 3: He is the best, And we take quick break when we come back. I'll tell you the story that I saw the breaking news on it this weekend and my jaw was on the floor and Courty, He's like, come out with it. What tell me you're not telling me and kind of rock my world. But we'll discuss what happened that's coming up next. Some of the news chunkie. Every once in a while, I still see a news story where I go, oh my god, you know, and it rocks my world.
Speaker 2: And that happened to me this weekend.
Speaker 3: And it was one of these moments where I get the push notifications coming in. I get these alerts from the million different places where I watch for news to break, and when I figure out what happened, it put two and two together.
Speaker 2: My world was rocked for a.
Speaker 3: Minute and I couldn't convey what was going on because I was just like, oh my god. I couldn't convey it to Courtney. She's like, just tell me, just tell me. This has happened a handful of times, right, Like you know Trump assassination attempts every once in a while, like oh somebody just shot Trump, blew his damn ear off or whatever, nearly blew his head off.
Speaker 2: And you get those.
Speaker 3: Moments, right, holy cat, when when even I am shocked at the news that's coming across. Here's how it played out on Sunday, Courtney and I go to get breakfast. Is a great Hawaiian place that we like to go to locally. It's an awesome place. I love a Loco moco I don't know if you guys are into that.
Speaker 1: I think I've enjoyed a Loco moco before you get the burger patty with the gravy and the rice and rice and an egg.
Speaker 3: It's like a Hawaiian breakfast and get spam in there if you want.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I love all of that stuff.
Speaker 3: That kind of food is right down the middle for me, and I love Hawaiian food. Like there's a lot of different things that they have at this place that.
Speaker 2: Is great.
Speaker 3: And as we're sitting there, I'm getting these news alerts as I am almost twenty four hours a day, and I see that there was a story out of Rio and in Rio de Janeiro in Brazil, two helicopters had crashed into each other. Now I found the first story i'd seen about two choppers crashing into each other. This has happened before. I think one of the stories we've talked about over the years, there was too new choppers that crashed into each other. They were getting a little too close trying to film something, and these kind of things have happened. When you hear about two choppers colliding, it really is one of those moments where you go this seems seems pretty avoidable.
Speaker 2: It seems hard to do. Yes, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: It's two helicopters, goal one, don't fly into each other, and yet it happens.
Speaker 2: You know, it happens.
Speaker 3: So I see the story in Rio, these two choppers crash into each other, and then I was gonna tell Courtney about it, but I said that she's not gonna This is not gonna resonate with her.
Speaker 2: What does she care in Rio? Two helicopters crashing each other? Okay, it doesn't care about people dying, she doesn't.
Speaker 3: No, not two choppers crashing into each other in Rio. But when we get back home, I see a breaking news notification and in the notification I knew something was off because it was from a news site, but it was about the musician Oliver Tree, and I go, well, you know this was like a music source or anything else. I'd say, well, that's normal, but it's weird for a musician to be in a post like this.
Speaker 1: What's going on? What was your first guest? The news site says Oliver Tree? What's your first guest?
Speaker 3: Was that he was arrested or there was something that happened with this guy, Oliver Tree, and and I click it and it was like Oliver Tree among the deceased, after choppers crashing to each other in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and I said, oh my God, Like, of all the people in the world, you never think this is going to be some musician that I'm aware of, some artists that I like, somebody that I know of, and that and I just saw that two choppers crashing each other and then it turns out to be this that Courtney.
Speaker 2: And I both really like.
Speaker 1: We've gone to see him live before and really enjoyed watching Oliver Tree live. A lot of the concert that made you feel really like old because you were the only person at the bar. You're the only one old enough to drink.
Speaker 3: That was grandson. I think I think I was grandson. That's happened to me a couple of times. Actually indicator that I should stop going to concerts. But that that when we went for Oliver Tree. We went downtown and went to this venue and we saw him perform, and a lot of you will will who you know, like who is this person? But in particular circles, this guy was really popular.
Speaker 2: He was very viral.
Speaker 3: He was an incredibly creative person, and he wrote some great songs. In fact, if you listen to this show, you know at least three or four Oliver Tree songs that I play as rejoints. Next rejoint, I'll play one and you'll be like, Okay, I've I've heard that. That's that's Oliver Tree. I don't know what he was doing. I don't know if he was up to the highjinks he's always up to. But he was somehow with a famous YouTuber in Brazil in one of these two helicopters for his first world tour, and then they crashed into each other and he died. And then I saw afterwards, I go, oh, Gray, here we go. Somebody had recording the recording themselves stumbling upon the wreckage and they were just pulling out stuff. They pulled out some jeans and I don't know, maybe those are Oliver Trees jeans.
Speaker 2: Maybe those are his clothes.
Speaker 3: They grab a wallet that they found on the scene and they start flipping through the wallet and they're looking at stuff, and you see the wreckage all over the place, and they just crashed these two choppers into each other. One had Oliver Tree. I think I don't know if the YouTuber guy this this.
Speaker 2: Get Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wasn't familiar with him because oviously I don't think he's an English language YouTuber, but he's Argentine.
Speaker 2: Argentine. Yeah, he's been. He's got millions of subscribers.
Speaker 1: Apparently on YouTube, along with that Argentine director and screenwriter and a Brazilian music producer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so it just freaky that that happened. And those who unfamiliar should check out his music because I like him a lot, all right, or did, And it just reminded me, like, this guy's been grinding for all of these years. He's worked, work, work, worker, He had a dream to be a popular musician.
Speaker 2: He wanted to be successful.
Speaker 3: He just worked NonStop at this was putting everything into the art that he was creating, and he was really doing well, like really starting to take off. What he was doing now was his global tour. Like Celian said, he had put so much time into making himself a name in the United States of America and on social media and been so successful. He was now expanding that by putting the legwork in and doing this all around the world, going to every continent, going everywhere, and he was having immense success.
Speaker 2: And it just absolutely sucks that. The true reality of life is it can all end at any point in time for us, at any point in time, it can all just come literally crashing down. And I want you to remember that, not in a bad way.
Speaker 3: And I don't think Oliver Tree would want you to remember it in a bad way, or anybody else who's ever died earlier than you would expect. He was thirty, thirty one, thirty two years old, something like that. I want you just to remember that. It is as if we have been booted into a video game and we are experiencing life, and you get one opportunity. There is no second man, no second life, no none of that.
Speaker 2: So strangely enough, that is a video game. There is no second chance at all of this.
Speaker 3: You are taking and making choices every single day that are going to be important to what you get to experience in this life of yours. So I hate to sound like some sort of Tony Robbins motivational speaker, but I literally mean it. I mean that, to me is the essence of what life is. It's an experience that we all share in some way that is at the same time your own personal experience where every single day you make decisions. You make decisions about where you're gonna work, what you're going to eat, who you're gonna hang out with, who you're gonna spend time with, what you're going to utilize your time doing, and just make sure you're doing things that make you happy, that you enjoy. If you're one of these miserable political people, if you're one of these people who are so down deep and these things that are making you angry about everything in life, you are missing the boat, all right. You only have one shot at this video game. You don't know when it's gonna end. You don't know how.
Speaker 16: You know.
Speaker 1: You can get get killed in some weird way, or or you can make it to one hundred and six.
Speaker 2: I don't know, you don't know.
Speaker 3: That's kind to the point, and the stuff like this always makes me think it's like you can enjoy your life. You can try to find the best in the things that you're looking at, and you could try to make sure that at least you were a spin around. This globe is something that at the end you were like, all right, you know, I'm happy with decisions I made, and that's what I think kind of drives me. I hope it drives some of you as well.
Speaker 2: But Oliver Tree dead in this freak helicopter crash two. Yeah, thirty in his thirties, thirty something years old. Unbelievable. I didn't know his name was Oliver Tree. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The tough thing is for people who don't know Selane, it's very hard to separate him as like a an artist in a character and then him as a person. I don't know that Oliver Tree ever really revealed much of anything as a person.
Speaker 2: He was a character, and he stayed in this care character had these wacky haircuts and put out this wacky music, and he did that kind of stuff throughout the whole time.
Speaker 1: So I just met like, I thought that Oliver Tree was a band name before you sent me this link on Sunday that said that the guy had died. I was like, Oh, I didn't know Oliver is his name? Tree was his middle name. I thought that that was just the name of this band. Yeah, it kind of wasn't Wasn't you know how that happens every once in a while, Like it becomes the name of the band, but it's the name of the person.
Speaker 2: It sounds a little familiar around here, actually, but the News Junkie aesque. I guess yeah, all right.
Speaker 3: We're gonna take a quick break when we come back. We got the hot sheet. Selane will not be forgetting anything on the printer at all. He's got everything cueued up for you and ready to go. We have to get into I haven't even gotten into anything juicy yet.
Speaker 2: We still got the UFC stuff. I got good drama around that.
Speaker 3: I got unbelievable clips, one of them that I love about this social media band thing. Wait, do you hear this? We got the Bungee story. We are loaded up and that's coming up next on the News Junkie.
Speaker 2: Real quick.
Speaker 3: A message from TNJ chat from kat bhr says, I just got an s ton of magnets yesterday.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, Sean, thank you. You know.
Speaker 3: One of the things you could do when you gift subscriptions premium subscriptions to The Newsjunkie dot com, the app and Secret shows. One of the things you could do is after you gift one two three four five subscriptions, you have one two three four five points to claim things like magnets and exclusive stickers and pins to represent the show, so I try to get them out there as best I can. I'm glad you got yours. You can get in on it to click that gift icon on the news junky dot com or simply signing up. If you subscribe for secret shows, you'll also get a point you'll get to claim something after you subscribe.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go, it's time. Let's do the hot sheet. It's news, but not like really important news. And that's again I'm parting on the planet with tough.
Speaker 17: Stories from the people on your screens and speakers are on the hot sheet.
Speaker 2: With Sea Lane.
Speaker 1: That's right, the top five stories in the nonsense news, brought to you by that mortgage guy Don And we start in Washington, d C. Where they had the big night last night, the big fight night in front of the White House.
Speaker 2: And I saw absolutely nothing of it.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen barely any clips. I've seen a couple of pictures at best. But they did the thing. And if you were hoping, if you were, you know, if you watched it and really enjoyed it and you thought, I hope they do this again, I'm sorry to tell you Dana White said absolutely not.
Speaker 2: That was way too expensive. We'll probably never do that again.
Speaker 1: If you think freaed him two to fifty was great and you want to Freedom to fifty one, sorry, Dana White said, while the event was absolutely epic, he was just too damn expensive ever to do again. A reporter pressed further, saying you don't think there's a chance. The President says that was good, Let's do it next year. He said, I can't afford it. There's no effing way we could do this again. I'll never do this fear again, and We'll never do this again.
Speaker 2: Damn. So yeah, sorry about you, luck.
Speaker 1: I mean, all the monster energy during sponsor money could not bring back the Freedom two fifty in front of the White House. All seven fights for the first time ended in Ko or Tko. The main event between Justin Gaze the Git never should have tried this Justin and Ilia.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I did it rain because all I kept seeing was like, it's gonna rain, There's gonna be mosquitos everywhere, it's gonna be hot, and I people were almost trying to throw some bad juju at the weather to try to make it a worse night than it was.
Speaker 1: I mean, he is rainy here, he's saying it was epic, not mentioning, and he set back that says the UFC covered the enormous cost of the event, spending a whopping sixty million dollars and ultimately losing tens of millions of dollars in the promotion. The night closed with a massive fireworks show, and it'll reportedly allegedly never ever happen again. Speaking of never again, I don't know why we're still asking Seth Rogan about his breakup with James Franco. I thought it was pretty well documented, but people keep poking it old Seth Rogan.
Speaker 2: But when't even work with Franco again.
Speaker 1: Seth Rogan has said once more he doesn't see an on screen reunion in the future. The two time Golden Globe winner recently said he hadn't spoken to Franco in a long time has no plans to work with the actor after he was accused of a sexual misconduct by multiple women in twenty eighteen, He sold The New York Times, I'm trying to think how much I want to personally share about this. I honestly think the nuance is too personal to get into. There's the public facing side of it. I've spoken about that I have the same stance publicly that I've had, and the proofs in the pudding. I have not worked with him in years, but for whatever reason, they keep asking.
Speaker 3: I don't know if we'll get to it, but later I guess. James Franco started a TikTok account over the weekend.
Speaker 2: He was just being weird. There's some strange stuff going on there. We might get to that one.
Speaker 1: I remember when John Mayer joined TikTok, and there there was a bunch of excitement over that, and then it was instantly overrun by Taylor Swift fans criticizing him for the things he did in their relationship. And I was like, well, this must be so much fun to join TikTok for welcome to the Internet. Yes, speaking of Taylor Swift, apparently the chair that Taylor Swift sat in during Game three of the Eastern Conference Finals between the New York Knicks and the Cleveland Cavaliers has been auctioned off.
Speaker 2: They optioned off for chair guys, they auctioned off. Imagine if they did this for you, like Sea Lane's chair in his studio. We're gonna auction it off and some weird I was like, oh, yeah, I can get the assence of Sea Lane off of this.
Speaker 1: There was a couple of celebrity chairs that were auctioned off this is Kylie Jenner, Travis Kelcey, Timothy Shallomey. Ben Stiller's chair went for more than Ben Stiller paid to be there, which is anything more. Even Machine Gun Kelly His chair sold for six hundred and thirty five dollars. But somebody who wanted Taylor Swift chair from Game three ponied up seven thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Wow to buy the chair. That's crazy cool, but wow. Yeah.
Speaker 1: There is a pair of guys that are doing it's not a reboot, don't call it a reboot. They're saying it's inspired. But I know that there's some people that this will piss off. Jake Johnson of New Girl Fame and Damon Wayans Junior have reunited for a comedy pilot on Hulu inspired by The Cable Guy, the Jim Carrey movie The Cable Guy, which I think you either really love or you absolutely detest, true, because I mean, I think it's fine. I think it's a fun movie. But I think that was that was back in the day with my dad just absolutely hated Jim Carrey. He called him the man with the rubber face and just he couldn't stand Jim Carrey. And then everybody knows someone who's done this. I think this is my favorite story because it's just hilarious. Everybody knows somebody who has called out of work, called in sick and then ended up posting on social media or appearing somewhere where people figured out, hey, you know, uh, you know, it looks so sick there do you? And this time it has happened to one mister Rod Stewart. I think perhaps even Sir Rod Stewart. He's getting a lot of backlash after being spotted cheering for Scotland in the stands at a World Cup game, just hours after canceling a concert in California due to health reasons. A day before he made the appearance of the World Cup game between Scotland and Haiti. Stewart's team shared a statement to his Instagram story saying that on the advice of his doctors, and following a diagnosis of an acute upper respiratory infection that has resulted in laryngitis, he's unable to take the stage this evening.
Speaker 2: Rod, we could see you. You got a glass of wine. You're enjoying the soccer game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he says following treatment, I'm feeling much better, but my voice is not. I'm very disappointed, very disappointed, and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience to my fans.
Speaker 2: Go Scotland.
Speaker 1: Good troll here from the top commenter, give the man a break. He's been having health issues. Later it's a stomach issue.
Speaker 2: Google rod Stewart's stomach comp to find out more about his condition. I forgot about that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: New music Monday, Olivia Rodrigo returns with a third studio set, the full album from Olivia Tory Kelly also Baby Rexa I never know how to say her name, is back with her first independently released record, Dirty Blonde and Blink One antea Blink. They are celebrating twenty five years of their two thousand and one album Take Off Your Pants and Jacket with an extended anniversary edition of the record with six never before heard tracks. That's right, take Off your Pans and Jacket can now qualify for lower car insurance and rental fees and all that good stuff.
Speaker 2: Happy birthday. That's it for the Hot sheet for today.
Speaker 1: Hey if you have a mortgage rate and you are got that seven or eight in front of it, you should check into a refi with our friend that mortgage Guy Don, because you're paying too much. Mortgage rates are headed down there at almost three year lows. So if you have a quote for a mortgage and you haven't shopped around for it, that mortgage guy Don is the one who wants to help you. He wants to save you money, and he's an overall nice guy in fun to work with, so you should visit him today at that Mortgage Guy Don dot com. He is a good guy that don break when we come back, and when he beats us at the Fritz on the street.
Speaker 3: Is you know it's worth it just to spend some time with the good guy. We have a lot to get to when we come back. We're gonna get a little bit further into the UFC stuff, but I want to talk about this social media band story and the unbelievably fantastic clip that comes along with it that I'll play for you because it's coming up next on the News Chunkie, and we'll get into more of what happened with the UFC fight and some drama around it. At the White House some of the better takes. I thought on that will highlight that Momentarily.
Speaker 1: I just saw a clip of something that went down at that where there was like some of the spectators got into a fight.
Speaker 2: Oh did they? I think you know who posted it, Slick, our buddy Slick. I wonder how often that happens.
Speaker 3: You get all like the testosterone flowing at a UFC fight, they start shoving each other around, and you're like, okay, now it's spilling out into the audience here.
Speaker 1: To get into a brawl on the White House lawn seems wild. Yeah, well, I mean to have a UFC fight on the White House lawn seems wild.
Speaker 2: You know we're already assuming that's the case. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I also thought, hold on, I don't know if you saw this or not, Zeilan, I'll have to put this up on see it now. But the photo of the event at the White House was interesting to me for a couple of reasons. You see the octagon, you know, you see Joe Rogan, he had a little SpongeBob tie on and stuff, and he's down there, and you got all these American flags all over the place.
Speaker 2: The White House, the.
Speaker 3: Big cage, around the octagon there, and then if you look a little closer you'll see what there was, you know, big flyover from the Blue Angels or whomever. But there are so many secret Service and security officers on top of the White House.
Speaker 2: Even more than they're normally is. Yeah, there was sniper's galore all over the place who were watching what was going on when that UFC fight was happening at the White House. So yeah, I did notice that for sure, and then I I this was my favorite tweet on this five point one million views and it deserves them. Mark Norman, the comedian, has a.
Speaker 3: Video of the day before the UFC fight, the guys from Nitro Circus, including Travis Pastrana the Daredevil. They were jumping their dirt bikes and flipping in front of the White House, just dirt bikes flipping up in the air, flipping around, and Mark Norman says, this looks like a Disney movie where a twelve year old becomes president.
Speaker 1: That is, I mean, when you watch this video, can we see a little bigger Yeah, yeah, like.
Speaker 2: A there's dirt bikes like flipping around. It literally looks like if there was a blank check or a rich rich version of like when I read the tweet that I first thought of blank check, you know, and it's like, there there's a lot that's problematic about blank check, but just the fact that you know, that was what the kid spent his money on when he had the million dollars that you go, oh gosh, this is You're kind of right, Mark Norman. Although that was funny, and it's also weird that the guys jumping the dirt bikes they did it in front of a fake version of the White House in front of the real White House. It's like a they had a print out because there was stuff in the way, I guess for the MMA fight, and it wouldn't have given the Chris visual of dirt bikes looking like they were jumping in front of the White House. So it's kind of hard to see.
Speaker 3: I'll put it up on see it now, but it was done in front of a fake version of the White House at the Life yeah yeah, well, I mean yeah, at the White House in front of a fake White House.
Speaker 2: It's kind of weird. But I'll try to put both those up during the break so you can take a peek at those over in the news. Junkie Dot com This was one of the moments that got a lot of attention. Hang on, stay by the dump button. I don't think he curses on your mama, all right, I don't know what that means. This is a UFC fighter, Josh Hokit and there this is in the octagon in the arena as they were doing this fight in front of the White House. And lastly, Mochelle Obama as a man.
Speaker 1: All right, he says, Michelle Obama is a man, which I never know if it's a real conspiracy or a meme or whatever, but you know, right at the footsteps of the White House, this guy who he's striking me as a heel.
Speaker 2: Like in wrestling, they would call you a heel. You're the you're the.
Speaker 1: Back to the villain. Yeah, the villain. Yeah, you're like, I don't know what a shama for your mama. You know, maybe that's one of his moves. Yeah, I don't know exactly what that is or what that means, but that was one of the things that happened in the ring there and I saw that, you know, I saw something about that. People arguing on Facebook about that this morning. Somebody was championing the comment Michelle Obama as a man, and somebody commented, well, that works great because Donald Trump is a woman, and the reply was swinging a miss, and I go, he just did the same thing that guy did. How is how is one a miss and the other one's not blame.
Speaker 3: The problem that I have, Celan is I I never know when somebody's being serious anymore, or if it's all memory. And so for instance, like this is how I felt about the whole thing with Amazans, Candice Owens and the President of France, the First Lady of France or whatever the equivalent it is. The President of France, Nicholas Sarcozzi, his wife Candace Owens and others have said like, oh, she's a man, she has a penis, she's a man.
Speaker 15: And.
Speaker 3: I can't tell if they really believe it or if it's like a meme. And there's the same kind of thing where people do this with Michelle Obama. But in the political world, you never know if somebody's serious, Like some people actually believed the JD Vance thing that was a meme that was made up about his couch, and I just I never know. I never know what people are serious about or if they actually believe stuff or it's always an absolute whirlwind.
Speaker 2: So here we go.
Speaker 3: Let me get to this story that I wanted to play here, the clip that I thought was just fantastic. The BBC was reporting about a social media band that's going through in the UK, Sweeping social Media Band. Honestly, I think it's probably time we do it in the United States of America. They've done it in a lot of other countries. I think it's a bout time we do it here. And in the UK they're announcing that they're banning social media platforms for kids under sixteen.
Speaker 1: It just doesn't do a lot of good for him, It really doesn't. It doesn't do a lot of good for teenagers. Kids under sixteen. I know they're not going to want to hear that, but I think potentially it might be a good idea to get some of these kids off of the Internet. Isn't it already kind of in place for kids under thirteen? Aren't there a slew of websites that you're not supposed to be able to register an account with or access if you're under the age of thirteen.
Speaker 2: Technically, I think you're right. I think that that's the case.
Speaker 3: But the other countries that have banned this have put a little bit tighter restrictions on this, and for instance, in the UK, the latest to do this, British Prime Minister Keir Starmer said on Monday he's going to ban social media for under sixteen and impose restrictions on gaming and live streaming platforms. More about that in a bit in some of the world's most far reaching online restrictions to date. Not I don't know if they're going to knock out the under sixteens for us on the live stream over on YouTube dot com, slash the news jokie, but they're trying to take away the ability for these sixteen and unders to go on social media. Here's how this played out on the BBC. I thought this report was just aces here.
Speaker 18: Please put your hands up those of you who welcome the BAM, hands up for those who welcome the band.
Speaker 1: So this no one okay, Just to start off, it's a classroom for even the teachers.
Speaker 2: Nobody in the classroom where the BBC is, they go, hands up if you're supporting the ban that would keep sixteen and unders off of social media, And not a single kid raises their hand.
Speaker 18: Not one your hands up those of you who welcome the BAM hands up for those who welcome the band. So this just gives you an idea. I think it's pretty fair to say that most of these students there, eleven to fourteen, most are pretty disappointed with the band. Let's just come over to you as about it. Tell me how you felt when you hurt the Prime Minister say no more social media for you.
Speaker 7: I didn't think it would actually happen. I kind of believed that he'd chicken out of it and give it more time.
Speaker 3: All right, So I like this, You're gonna like her even more to say, But she's like, I didn't think you would actually do it. I hear these old politicians come up with all sorts of crazy, hair brained ideas, and I.
Speaker 2: Didn't think they'd actually do it. But it seems like it's happening, and that's not great for her more consideration.
Speaker 7: But he seems pretty sure of it, and I'm not sure if I agree with him.
Speaker 2: What are you most worried about.
Speaker 7: Not being able to contact my friends? I don't know what will happen and how it will happen, or whether if there's some technicalities to what apps are restricted, but I use most of my social media to contact my parents and family.
Speaker 18: I mean, I think it's work reminding people earlier. We looked at screen time. What was your screen time over the weekend?
Speaker 7: Nine hours?
Speaker 18: Nine hours? So suddenly you're going to have a lot more time to fill and what will you do?
Speaker 7: Stare at all.
Speaker 2: They went around the class and they were like, how much time have you guys been spending on your phone? And she goes nine hours, nine hours? All right, she's been spending nine hours on her phone, just constantly turning her spine into a question mark.
Speaker 1: And she's just NonStop on her cell phone and on all these apps.
Speaker 3: And they go, what are you going to do with all this newfound time? You know you're gonna get out there and explore the woods? Are you going to hang out with your friends?
Speaker 18: And I think it's work reminding people earlier. We looked at screen time. What was your screen time over the weekend?
Speaker 7: Nine hours?
Speaker 18: Nine hours? So suddenly you're going to have a lot more time to fill and what will you do?
Speaker 7: Stare at a wall?
Speaker 2: Stare at a wall.
Speaker 6: Like that.
Speaker 3: So that's what's happening for kids under sixteen in the UK.
Speaker 2: They're gonna ban TikTok, Snapchat, Instagram, and the kids are just gonna stare at walls for nine hours that they've freed up a lot of additional time for them, I guess. Or they're all gonna learn about VPNs. Yep, yeah, they will, one hundred percent percent. They will.
Speaker 3: And the reason I say I'll get back to the live stream stuff I think. Look, I happen to think and this is I don't think is a hot take in the slightest. I believe that kids have way too much online presence in these worlds where adults also are, and that's one of the things that I think is good about this, Like, for instance, if you have a kid who's younger and is engaged in online games.
Speaker 2: Like roadblocks and stuff.
Speaker 3: I know a little bit more about this, but there's a shocking number of adults that go around to these spaces where kids are and then interact with the kids. And my least hot take, my most icy, frosty take that I think everybody within the sound of my voice will agree with, is that adults should not be talking to children on the internet. Okay, I remember seeing things about this before, and somebody's like you got caught talking to a fifteen year old girl on the internet, you know, how do you feel about this? And they were like, I wasn't talking about sex with her, And I'm like, guess what I do? Just as a matter of operating in the world as an adult, I don't talk to kids, all right. If a fourteen year old or twelve year old or nine year old ends up in my inbox or something, I'm like, I'm not talking to a kid.
Speaker 1: I don't know the people who usually say it loudest, I am not doing talking to kids.
Speaker 2: There's so many weirdos that do this. There's one streamer in.
Speaker 1: Particular, I personally with my own eyes, witnessed just last week you talking on a zoom call to a two and a half year old.
Speaker 2: Boy that was your son.
Speaker 3: That was because we were troubleshooting what was going on with our studio connections. That was that has no, that had nothing, no, had nothing to do with it.
Speaker 1: Made me translate for you, yeah, because I couldn't understand a word the kid was saying.
Speaker 3: This is such a phenomenon, man, folks. Seelen is sitting there with ador Beltt Jackson next time, and I go, hey, Jackson, and he goes, how about abba da? And I go, oh, yeah, buddy, And I said, I hope you're having a good day. And I said, uh, look, Lexi, your dog is behind you. And he says something else, and Ceiling goes, oh, he just.
Speaker 2: Said and translated something that I never would have guessed if there was a gun to my temple.
Speaker 1: He likes to recap his whole day for people sometimes, you know, especially right before bed, like oh, did you have fun? And he says yeah, And he'll go through like little mundane details like oh, uh, you know, mister Pedro came over and we did we did swimming lessons that he said a timer and the timer went off and so mister Pedro went bye bye.
Speaker 2: They went bye bye. Hilarious.
Speaker 3: Sounds worse for mister Pedro than it is, but he he was yappin' and I had no idea what this kid is saying. And at the end, cealand gives me a perfect translation of exactly what Jackson just said.
Speaker 2: You listen, Jackson, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And so one of the reasons why I think that this could be good is there's so many weirdo adults online.
Speaker 2: Here's an example. I present this to you as exhibit A. But there's many, many more. There's some dude who streams himself. It doesn't matter what his username is. Actually, I don't really care about saying that too much. But there's some dude who streams.
Speaker 3: Himself and he goes on all of these games where he can interact with little kids on purpose, and he tries to.
Speaker 1: Tries to like bring them to his religion. Oh so he's like trolling for little kids on social media. Here he is, and he's trying to Jesus convert that.
Speaker 11: Do you believe in Jesus, the Son of God, the one who came down and die for your sins?
Speaker 2: You believe? Good? Sir fifty? All right?
Speaker 11: All My next question would be have you read the Bible?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 11: Well, it's a good place to start. Maybe right here, right now is a good place to start. Maybe he would like to hear the gospel messages of how he could be saved and go to heaven. Would you like to hear that?
Speaker 2: Yes? So weird? Is it like he's trolling for little kids to try to find little kids that he could talk to on these gaming platforms, and he streams himself proselytizing and trying to convert them to his faith on these streaming platforms. That is wholly inappropriate. Like that is just unbelievable. Out of line, absolute, somebody's is weird? Yes, absolute? Where do behavior? Like the idea adults should never ever, ever, ever ever be communicating with kids online? Right? Really?
Speaker 3: Offline is a whole nother question. But online you should not be doing this. I don't care if it's to spread your religion or whatever your motivations are. It's super weird to talk to people's kids on the internet.
Speaker 2: And there's a lot of people that do this.
Speaker 18: Well.
Speaker 11: I kind of associated here, mister Shepherd. Going to help you out with that.
Speaker 5: Jesus went to the cross and he died for all of us. I always tell people, you know, when you see a little kid in a video and they're just being bad and they're like two years old, where did they learn that from?
Speaker 2: For people? Yeah, these are people who just troll.
Speaker 3: And this is like, okay, this is just people who are trying to win somebody over to their religion.
Speaker 2: To win the game.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, they're also trying to like win fort or what. I don't know what this is some kiddie game that they're playing.
Speaker 1: Think if I were the kid, I would be like, yes, I would like you to read a scripture to me so that you can be distracted by reading the scripture. And I am going to just right up to the back of the head and double tap.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: When I look at this stuff, I go, let's say that they are just simply trying to spread their religion on little kids that they're finding on these video games online and they're streaming themselves talking to little kids. Let's say that they're just doing that. Let's say that they're doing nothing else. That's wrong already, that's wrong, But where this comes from, there's a whole lot worse. There's a whole lot of other people who are trying to talk to your kids to do even weirder stuff and and you know, things that will take advantage of your child and god knows what.
Speaker 1: And when I look at that, I go, I don't have really a problem with maybe getting these sixteen year olds off the in air.
Speaker 2: Let them play video games and stuff. But they don't need to be streaming.
Speaker 3: They don't have microphones, I don't even connected to social media. When they turn sixteen, then they can do that before you're sixteen.
Speaker 2: You're a kid. You're a little kid.
Speaker 3: Go enjoy the world, socialize, play video games if you want to walk yourself in the room to.
Speaker 2: Do that, do all these things. But little kids.
Speaker 3: Should never, ever, ever, ever, full stop, never be talking to random adults online.
Speaker 2: Sorry, it's just weird. And can you think play something that happens If these laws, you know, catch on, there's going to be a situation where kids are more looking forward to reaching the age of social media than the age of driving now probably, yeah, yeah, like I can't wait to turn sixteen. What so you can get your driver's license? No, so I can get my Facebook account.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And as Seelan said, you're absolutely positively right about the sealing one hundred percent. These kids will find clever ways to get around this, and you know they'll get to this that and that is something that we'll have to deal with and parents will have to deal with. But I think it's a step in the right direction. And there are just so many weirdos online that if my son was twelve, eleven years old, no way, no, how would I have him with some headset on talking to random adults across the internet. Uh, huh, I don't you know. I trust that most humans are good people, but not in those worlds. Not in that world there's too much it's.
Speaker 2: Ripe for like weird, creepy pedophile types.
Speaker 1: And that's a big fat no for me. I think it might be from you too. I will see what you think. To adults across the internet. Was the only way Dylan got to know is dead. Uh, that's not fair, that's not fair.
Speaker 3: We email, all right, we have our weekly email or we can't.
Speaker 2: No, we text. We text, love you buddy if you're out there somewhere. Our quick break.
Speaker 3: When we come back, we'll get into we'll get geared up for jury duty and just a bit. You'll got more on the UFC front, some other things we need to explore there. Somebody got yanked out of the event. We'll get to that, this bungee incident, more on the World Cup. We're just getting started. It's all coming up next. I'm gonna use junk key. We have a bunch to chew through in this show. Before we end it all for a Monday, I could phrase that differently.
Speaker 1: And before we get a little sounds a little doom goblin. But before we wrap everything up for a Monday. Perhaps I want you to do something for me here. It's something that you know we do from time to time here on the show. But I want you to choose a side, all right, I mean this. I want you to choose a side Elmo, because unlike Elmo, we cannot constantly be the fence walk in the center.
Speaker 2: And like, no, I don't want to pick anybody. I don't want to choose.
Speaker 3: Because I think you got to pick a side every once in a while, choose a side. So I bring to you a choose a side story here. Oh well, you're sitting right follow up file. I'm gonna put this on pause here and I'm going to tell you some of the basic details. This is about an Amazon delivery driver now shouts out to all my Amazon delivery drivers out there, love you, appreciate you, you do great work, Thanks for bringing me my packages. But this Amazon delivery driver was caught on camera stealing a cat from somebody's house. But he says he's in the right and there's a big fight over this now and this is now a huge incident. A lot of people sent this over to tips at thenewsjunkie dot com and I want to share with you this story that I started playing there from kge T about what happened with this Amazon driver who stole a cat from nobody's front porch.
Speaker 12: Here's the detail and an update on that alleged cat napping caught on camera. In a surprising turn of events, the driver accused of stealing a Bakersfield woman's cat, Juni during an Amazon delivery nearly a month ago, is breaking his silence and talking to seventeen News, and.
Speaker 2: His response is not what you might think. He says, I can explain.
Speaker 3: I know you think I'm the catnapper, the cat burglar, the whatever you want to call me, But I can explain why I stole this cat off this woman's step, And I want you to choose a side. You will either choose the Amazon delivery driver, Joshua Gonzalez, or you will choose this woman, Brenda, who is the house he was delivering to where he stole the cat from her.
Speaker 2: Here is more of the case.
Speaker 12: Seventeens Veronica Catlin has more.
Speaker 8: The driver at the center of an alleged cat napping, sharing his side of the story, spoke with seven News over the.
Speaker 16: Phone, just doing my regular road I touched the house. I go the person's Brendos package, should take it like an omber day. And I heard him now and then I seemed surprised seeing the cat. I looked down to try to look at it more distinct, and I recognized there was my cat because of distinct design I had on its forehead. It has an m the eyes and how the body will say. I knew it was my cat, so I just grabbed him and it just.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: So to reiterate, he says, I go up to this woman, Brenda's house, and you know, drop it off the package for Brenda. And he said when I look down, I knew immediately that was my cat.
Speaker 1: And he picked up the cat and he took it away with him because he said, it has a distinct marking on its forehead, and this is my cat.
Speaker 3: Like I've been my cat has been missing. This is my cat. I'm taking it with me and I'm leaving the woman. Her side of this story is what are you talking about? This is your cat, this is my cat, and it's at my house. I've had this cat for a couple of years, and you just stole my cat while you were delivering a package. Here Amazon driver.
Speaker 1: He says it's his cat and he's been missing since well, I don't know, I think a couple of years. We'll see what else they say about the details on that. She says it's mine now, no matter what, and he's in some trouble over this whole thing.
Speaker 8: Joshua Gonzalez provided us with documentation he says proves the cat is his, showing an adoption day of October ninth, twenty twenty five. He said he picked the cat out for his seven year old daughter. Gonzalez also provided it to his employer, who he said fired him after this incident.
Speaker 2: So he got fired for this.
Speaker 3: After this went viral, they said you stole this lady's cat, and he goes, no, the cat is mine. I have the paperwork and I have photos of the cat, and this cat was my cat.
Speaker 16: My managers calls me, says that to come pick up my check with him Monday or Tuesday, and then that was getting terminated.
Speaker 8: Amazon confirmed this in a statement, saying we've been in contact with the driver's employer and the driver is driver to deliver Amazon.
Speaker 2: I might be like a third party or something that does Amazon.
Speaker 8: Shookages will continue to work with law enforcement and will defer to them for details as they investigate. So where is Juni now? Well, according to Gonzalez, Junie's name isn't Juni. His family wasn't settled on a name, but they were leaning towards Spartan. But he says she's alive and well. He sends a photo of her next to him on Thursday.
Speaker 16: She's home right now, with all her toys. She's not scared, she's she's happy. She recognizes me right now. It's his okay.
Speaker 2: I have questions, all right, all right, who's a side here? Who's in the right? Was a side?
Speaker 1: It's hard to choose this. It's hard to choose this guy's side. If that is in fact his cat, I think he should be allowed to have his cat. But first of all, the video of him picking the cat up, does that look to you like a person who just discovered their long lost cat. No way, it doesn't look like excited enough. He didn't say anything. There was no word.
Speaker 3: Guy like, if I saw my cat after almost a year, because I think it was like short of a year, you know, it was short of a year that the cat had been missing.
Speaker 2: I'd be like, oh my God, yeah, pipe, hat is that you? Piper?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: What God? Is you know too? Spartan? Yeah, that kind of spartan. That's the other thing.
Speaker 1: I go, all right, Well, you would think he would like call the cat by the name that you gave the cat.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm oh, what's that? Sorry?
Speaker 1: You didn't name your cat? You had this cat long enough that it should recognize you and be happy at your house, but you never gave it a name.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's weird too. So you're siding with the homeowner. It sounds like you say, it's as hard cat. I want the guy to have his cat, if it's really his cat.
Speaker 1: But there's just a lot of red flags and how he's presenting this. He doesn't look like somebody who just came upon, you know, was just reunited with their long lost cat.
Speaker 2: He just doesn't look like that. He doesn't act like the kind of person who would do that at all. No, And I choose the homeowner's ceiling for this reason. Tell me if you agree.
Speaker 3: I think if you thought this was your cat and you were just shocked by and you go, oh my god, my cat is here, have a conversation with the homeowner and go, hey, I believe this is my cat, and they said, no, I don't think this is your cat. I have the paperwork, start a conversation. If you just take the cat, you're stealing it, right like immediately.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Like even if you went to somebody's front door and there was a little statue there and you're like, I had a statue like this, but my statue was stolen two years ago, and I think this, No, this is.
Speaker 2: The same thing. This is my statue, and you just take it and walk away. You've stolen something. You have to start a conversation with the person. And then maybe the cat was chipped, I hope, and they could scan it and they could see whose cat it is.
Speaker 1: If it is your I mean, if it is your cat, have you stolen it? Yeah, I think you have.
Speaker 3: Even if it was your cat, I don't think you can just take something like that that hasn't been in your possession for it.
Speaker 1: If it was my cell phone and my cell phone, you know, I didn't name my cell phone, even though I really loved that cell phone. I didn't give it an and I just walk up and I see the distinct marketing on my cell phone. It's sitting on Brenda's doorstep there and I go, well, good thing, Brenda had a package today because she also happens to have my cell phone, and I just pick it up and leave with it.
Speaker 2: Have I stolen it or.
Speaker 3: Have I just you're yeah, you're taking it off of Brenda's property. Brenda had it at her house. You're not the person. You're not a court, you're not a joke, you're not a cop, you're not you're not anybody in.
Speaker 2: On the converssial side at all.
Speaker 3: You're not anybody to make a determination on if something's your property or their property. That's for the judicial system to decide. Like, I think you have to start a conversation and then see if you can make an arrangement to get your cat back.
Speaker 2: But if you just take it, you are you're a cat stealer. I think I side with the lady.
Speaker 19: We've had, you know, some back and forth with them, and they really are saying that this is their cat. And I don't know if that's like a cover they just really wanted her, or if really they do think it's their cat. But it's an easy fix.
Speaker 8: According to the Sheriff's office, Gonzales has not been charged with the crime, but the case is still open. They are continuing to investigate. Gonzales acknowledged that the video doesn't look good, but wants the community to know one thing.
Speaker 16: I wanted to know that I didn't do anything bad, but get my cat back and it's now and the rifle homes back for it belongs. Like anybody else will if they lost their cat and they seated on someone else's port, they will do the same thing.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, five years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And also if she had the cat for five years, can't she just show that she's had the cat for five years. If she has a photo of that cat from two years ago, it ain't his cat. That's it, right, Like if she has a photo of the cat before he got the cat to begin with, then there we go. Get the cat stuck in limbo here in the center of all of this too.
Speaker 2: This is this is a wild event here that's played out. Pick aside, Choose a side, all right? Who do you side with? Let us know Send a dispatch or an email.
Speaker 3: Dispatches over at the news Junkie dot com or in the news Junkie app emails to tips tips at the Neewsjunkie dot Com quick Break. When we come back, we'll get into jury duty some big cases that we've been following with updates, including the JP Morgan sex slave case. A big breakthrough on that one leads jury duty and that is coming up next on the News Chunkie before we do jury Duty. I think you said you're watching this Widow's Bay Show, Celia. Yeah, I've been watching that too. It's the weirdest show I've seen in a while. For one particular reason, I've never seen a show like this Widow's Bay Show where every episode seems like a totally different show. Like every episode, Like we watched one episode where the lady thinks she's throwing the greatest party ever, right, Okay, and she's she's like following this book, yes, how to throw the Greatest Party Ever?
Speaker 2: Right, And I'm watching it. I go, Okay, this is interesting.
Speaker 1: And then the next episode is some guy and he has done the ultimate troom and he's just tripping balls the whole time.
Speaker 2: And the guy.
Speaker 3: Keeps like coming to in different places and he's like, ad I got here, and he's he's going through the world just tripping. And then the next episode is a version of this where it's like in the sixteen hundreds or the fifteen hundreds or something.
Speaker 2: I had a couple.
Speaker 1: Episodes that, like, you know, it was almost a trope for a while to have shows that relied on a lot of flashbackery. Yeah, you know, it's been done better than others in certain cases.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: In Widow's Bay, I liked what was the one where they're all in the women's prison Orangers? The New Black sure a lot of that to drive the narrative along did a lot of you know, character development via flashback, and so this one has the one that was with the Lady where the mayor was hardly in it at all, and then the really big flashback where everybody was like in the sixteen hundreds. You know, it's super interesting.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 1: It's just weird because every episode, the last three episodes I've seen in this Widow's Bass show, all of them seem like different shows.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, we're watching a different show right now. It's different characters at different time, different but it all comes back together. I guess.
Speaker 1: Sometimes we'll be watching something and you know, this is with mixed levels of success, looking at my wife and going, are we supposed to know?
Speaker 2: What's going on right now?
Speaker 1: And then how do I also, how do I trust your answer when you've been doing New York Times crosswords this whole time, So I don't know if you know the answer correctly or not, but I'm trusting you that we have not they've not revealed the important stuff yet. We're just supposed to be in the dark until they tell us what the hell is happening in this episode. But the other thing that I think they've just been really good at doing with Widow's Bay is it's creepy. For sure, there are a lot of creepy parts to it, but it's all there's also like really good dry humor. It's funny. There are parts where I'm like laughing out loud. I it's funnier than Maternal Instinct.
Speaker 3: Just for the record, I would imagine that it is funnier than the the Stolen Baby Docus.
Speaker 1: I would imagine Screech is funnier than the MATERNALCT. But yeah, there there was one line, the thing that he said to the cop, you know when the because he was trying to he was trying to sing cool, seem cool. The young kid that wanted to tell the cop off in front.
Speaker 2: Of his friends. Yeah, I was gonna call you you pig, and I was dying at that part, and the cop goes, you most certainly cannot.
Speaker 3: It's like, okay, well I tried. He wanted to look cool in front of his friends. It's an interesting show.
Speaker 1: It's about this little island off the coast of the US, I guess, or something else.
Speaker 2: I was picturing, like Newfoundland. I don't know, No, it's I think it.
Speaker 1: Was supposed to be maybe they maybe they're not specific about it. I thought it was supposed to be in New England area. But this guy that becomes the mayor of the place, he is trying to like boost the tourism and he wants he wants like these articles to be written about it because he's trying to make Widow's Bay the next Martha's Vineyard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it says.
Speaker 3: Widow's Bay is a hit dark comedy horror television series available on Apple TV, created by Kate Dippled and directed by Hero Murray and.
Speaker 1: Kate She's the one that just signed that multi year deal with Apple TV. In additioned into getting another season of Widow's Bay, She's got like another development deal going with with the platform.
Speaker 3: In general, it says the show centers on a New England island town plagued by a centuries old supernatural curse. If you're picked up on that and watching, let us know what you think, send us a dispatch or email.
Speaker 2: Ah, I'll do one story here. Let's do jury duty.
Speaker 17: Court is now in session, so put your phone down and pay attention before we call the bailiff over to whip your ass your knowing jury duty with the news junkie.
Speaker 3: I got more, but we'll do one here, real quick jury duty, brought to you by the one the only mode wit of the Duit Law Firm. Injured on the go, just call MO eight hundred Calmo eight hundred Calmo or go to just callmo dot com after an accident.
Speaker 2: You know who to call.
Speaker 3: You pick up the phone, you get your attorney, you lock in, and you get on the path to that big giant check that you deserve for what you've been through. Eight hundred CALLMO or just CALLMO dot com. There's an investigation underway in Brazil. Quite a weekend for Brazil. In this case, a twenty one year old woman was in Brazil trying to do a bungee jump. I have questions. Oh boy, do I have questions about this. Here's the video of this. Now you're not going to see her landing with a thud, but this is from the bridge side of her doing the bungee jump.
Speaker 2: And they pick up this woman.
Speaker 3: She he has her hands out like, you know, like she's on a cross and they bring her forward and they throw off the bridge, and then the cameraman kind of highlights the fact that the bungee was never around this woman's body, like, oh, okay, they forgot to put the bungee on her. So they literally they accidentally just threw a woman off a cliff like they thought, oh my gosh, they thought they had the bunchey on her.
Speaker 2: They did. It's insane.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they just picked her up and they threw her off of the cliff. And I'll stop this one right here because they never put the bungee on but the cameraman. The cameraman was watching this and seems to be kind of focused on the bungee not being on this woman. And then after the woman is tossed off, just thrown down to the pits of despair and death below, the camera person goes like, oh yeah, by the way, By the way, you know there's there's here's the bungee cord that was never attached to this person.
Speaker 2: I'm like, did the camera person not think to go, hey, guys, guys, hold on, the woman's not attached. They didn't say anything. They didn't say a word. They just watched as three other people. Somehow, no one understands what's going on. Three other people just took a woman, picked her up over their head, tied nothing to her, and threw her off a bridge. They just is craze. How did no one like this has got to be murder to me? This is the only important part of your job. We'll stay on this.
Speaker 3: I'll put this up on see it now, and I'll give you some other details that are kind of shocking to me. But the woman was thrown one hundred and thirty feet through her desk. They never put the bungee cord on her. They never put it on her, They never put it on You had one job, You literally had one job. We'll give you a more on that when we come back. Plus we'll kick off the Power Hour that's coming up next on the news. Chunky real quick, Big thanks to marsh Melanie for the one Gifted subscription, Unkie dot Com Premium subscription including secret shows access, and also CB twisted for five gifted subscriptions. Thank you for the support, greatly appreciated. You could spread the word or claim these always over on the website. We got some more coming into we'll get to a little bit later on. I wanted to get to the story. We were discussing about this bungee incident, and I've already seen a savage text about this in the chatroom here from somebody on YouTube. To recap very quickly, this happened in Brazil this weekend and this woman who is twenty one years old, she goes to go bungee off this bridge and these people lift her up in the air. She's got her arms out like an airplane, got her feet together, you know, like she's got the crucifixion thing going on. And they throw her off the bridge one hundred and seventy feet down, and they forgot to attach the bungee cord to her.
Speaker 1: And I mean, like, watching this, just go how how does this happen? You know, I'm watching it out.
Speaker 3: So that bring her up and they're three guys holding her up in the air, and then the two guys walk her over to the edge and they have all their safety equipment on and they just throw her.
Speaker 2: And they never attached the.
Speaker 1: Bungee cord to it, and honestly, even if they did, the whole operation looks so bootleg.
Speaker 2: Yeah, unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Somebody did chime in at one point and say that that didn't even look like a bungee cord or a bunge of with the normal bungee rope that.
Speaker 2: You would have doing something like this.
Speaker 1: And I listen, I this is so far out of my wheelhouse that I wouldn't know if that's a legit bungee cord or just a rope, or if it is a legit bungee cord, is it supposed to be in a spaghetti mess like that? Like you know what happens if it kinks? And I mean, I guess it's not a problem now. No, no, they just threw her. But no, whoever the savage was on YouTube that said cue the plane song because she looked like a plane. Oh my gosh, monsters. I saw some more details about this, you absolute animals. The woman who was thrown off one hundred and thirty for footbridge without a court in Brazil was still alive when an off duty nurse got to her on the ground. I even talked to her and I told her, nobody dies on my shift, even though I wasn't on my shift, said nurse raise Idias. Three of the workers have been arrested in charge with homicide for the death of twenty one year old Maria Eduardo Rodriguez dev Raita. Two of the suspects reportedly tried fleeing following the incident and had to be tracked down by a military helicopter. So she said, I saw she was breathing heavily, and I looked at her pupils, which were dilated, and I felt her pulse and it was very weak, but she still had a pulse at the time.
Speaker 2: I even talked to her.
Speaker 1: I still have this habit of joking around and saying, nobody dies on my shift, and I told her, Hey, nobody dies on my shift, even though I wasn't actually there.
Speaker 2: She said, or on her shift, is what she met. Just crazy, absolutely crazy. There would have been enough red flags for me that I would have not gone through with this, but this one was twenty one, and she's like all right, let's do it.
Speaker 1: I mean, as far as I remember from doing anything close to something like this is I've never seen a situation in which people pick you up and throw you. Usually it's like you kind of hoisting yourself off of some sort of swing or usually it's the person doing the thrill, doing the thrilling thing that initiates the move. The way they carried her off there and threw her off this bridge. If you hadn't told me that this was a bungee jumping accident, I would have thought this was like a ritualistic killing.
Speaker 2: Yes, And it looks like it's like with later bitch and they're just throwing this woman. Oh it's crazy, crazy, that's absolutely wild to me.
Speaker 1: Like, I've never bungee jumped like you, Celane. We don't know enough about this, I guess to say, But closest I've gotten is like a ropes course.
Speaker 2: Don't you think you would have looked at this and gone something about this doesn't scream professional? Oh yeah, this this is a little bit bootleg for me. And on that note, let's do the Power Hour. They said it done. Then they said it's time for the Power Hour. On the news, Chunky was that Jackson that was doing Jackson part was part was that was from last week, that wasn't even today's. Of that noise, I didn't pull today's because I already had last week's. You're already ready to go. Uh, this is such a weird thing.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what to do with this, honestly, but yes, it's real, and I wonder if some of you would be into this. There's a rise in a new type of website. These new websites started in South Korea gaining popularity. Other countries saw that this was gaining traction, and now they've started to build their own and they call them dopamine websites. Now, when I think about the word dopamine, you know, dopamine running through your body, running through your system is usually that ephemeral high that you get and you feel like you're on top of the world because your brain is pumping out dopamine. And people talk about dopamine with your algorithmic feeds as you're scrolling through TikTok, and we've become addicted to this to a certain level.
Speaker 2: But now this is different.
Speaker 3: Is there anybody out there, God, I don't know, maybe there must be, is there anybody out there who would be into this. Dopamine websites are becoming a new trend in South Korea and beyond. These services let users endlessly browse food delivery menus, read reviews, fill shopping carts, and even track a delivery. The only catch you can't actually place an order. There are also virtual smoke breaks, where users join anonymous chat rooms and socialize with strangers, recreating the feeling of taking a break without smoking a single cigarette. So there's a website where you can Uber eats, but it's just going through the motions. It's like you're like you're simulating Uber eats.
Speaker 2: Yes, and like other stuff that you would buy online too, And nothing ever gets delivered. Nothing ever, you never pay any money, doesn't exist, you do.
Speaker 3: You just search through the thing and you get the joy of shopping and purchasing something and it goes into your shopping cart.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at the.
Speaker 1: I don't even think that's where the joy comes from, though. The joy comes from getting the stuff.
Speaker 15: Man.
Speaker 3: You get excited and then they show, oh, your delivery is on its way. And as your delivery is on its way, you can track it to your house. You never bought anything, nothing ever happens, But it's supposed to give you dopamine, like you're purchasing some things. However, I happen to agree with Sea Lan on this isn't the dopamine all about the idea that you're actually going to get something. I'm sure that people do love the act of shopping online. They love the finding the stuff, they love adding it to the cart. They love this seems like a kid's game, man. Yeah, you know, I'm sure they love part of that. But at the end of the day, like if you don't get the stuff, is there a reaction to the triggers in the brain that's like, I don't really have a better way to say, blue balls.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's what I would or just for the record here, this kind of seems like something impoverished people would do in countries where they don't have food, and they would order the food.
Speaker 4: And the.
Speaker 2: Imagine that we're getting the food right now, You're like pretending that you're ordering food and it's getting delivered.
Speaker 3: You go to the website, you shop for all these things. It's like Amazon, but nothing actually exists. It's Scammazon, the scammoth.
Speaker 1: It's literally Scammazon it's literally Scamazon. You go on the site, you put all this stuff in your shopping cart, you read reviews from other users, and then you place your order and you pay, but pay with a fake thing. Everything happens, it would happen if you purchase something but you're not actually buying anything. I sometimes feel like I'm the weird one. I really do. Sometimes I feel like I'm the weird one because I'm thinking people are into this what cfl Kansas the placebo shopping app. Yeah, that's literally what it is is that it's just so strange. Shaus gen Z users are utilizing these platforms to destress, avoid overspending because you're not spending anything, yeah, and cope with burnout or loneliness. I don't know about you, but if I was lonely enough to use a dopamine website, I think if I dopamine fake ordered Scammazon a pizza to be delivered to my house, and then I watched on the app as the pizza went down my street, pulls into my driveway and gets fake delivered and nobody shows up, I think I would feel lonelier.
Speaker 2: Would you not feel like I was gonna care loneliness?
Speaker 3: The only way this works better is if somebody knocks on your door and gives you like a fake box or something like.
Speaker 1: There's no resolution here. I don't understand it. But if you would be into this, do let us know.
Speaker 3: Maybe this is for you, it's not for me, but no, that's what people are doing, it says these services.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: These dopamine websites let users endlessly browsed food delivery menus, read reviews, fill shopping cards, and even track a delivery.
Speaker 1: The only catch you can't actually place in order. There are also virtual smoke breaks, where users join anonymous chat rooms and socialized with strangers, recreating the feeling of taking a break without smoking a cigarette. The idea is simple, get the familiar dopamine hit without spending the money smoking or giving into other impulsive habits. I don't think the dopamine hit is the same, guys, I either hate to tell you.
Speaker 2: That's wild man.
Speaker 3: What a time to be alive, folks, tell us what you think. Send us a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 2: Right now, is there like a website where you can download something and it's really just we watch the progress bargo from zero to one hundred percent, and then at the end you don't get any there's nothing that got downloaded. Yeah, it says like HD quality, you know, backrooms copy. And then you download the download looks like it happens.
Speaker 1: It's like successfully downloaded to your hard drive. And then you can't do anything with that. Well, but what's the point, Atliza, if there was like an AI version of it, you have something. Okay, it's been a while, so I could finally work this in two point eight million views. The German girls are starting to go viral. I mean, I'm guessing that this is not AI with no community notes on it in two point eight million views.
Speaker 2: But all the countries are trying to show off their people. The Japanese people, they were hilarious, they were great, they had good culture, they were clean, they cleaned up the stadium after they left. We had do they not speaking English? But I have that guy was just the greatest. He was unbelievable, that guy. And the Germans have sent three women that are I guess getting quite a bit of a bit of airtime wow or for some of these games.
Speaker 3: Because these women are rather large chested, I guess you might say this person says there were six German bombers in the air and two point eight million views. Everybody is sending their people for the World Cup. This is another side of it where I've seen this mostly in Brazil and stuff. Usually along with the flying human beings and.
Speaker 1: Oliver tree choppers crashing into each other, there's usually these women that can become famous just for appearing at a game and getting attention on the camera. You might see. We had them in America too. Yeah, that's Pamela Anderson. Oh that you know, I forgot that's how Pamela Anderson got discovered. But there was another chick who showed up at a lot of baseball games, I think in the Midwest or something, and she always had she always had really good seats and really showy tops.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's made people famous, It's made entire careers. It's kind of astounding.
Speaker 3: So there's so many things about World Cup like this that are interesting to me.
Speaker 2: There's so many angles to this. One of them is these people who are kind of going viral now. And I guess there's some people I don't know. I don't think these are like OnlyFans, creators or anything. But these German women have showed up to the World Cup and hold On showed up to World Cup. All right, there we go, and they have gotten a lot of attention as well. It's there's never ending supply of it, at least thus far it would seem. But if you miss this, go take a look at these women who showed up to these World Cup games. Over on see it now on the news Junkie app or over on the neewsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 1: Oh, front row Amy. Front Row Amy was the chick I was thinking of. She was a dedicated, is a dedicated, I think, super fan of the Milwaukee Brewers. And she's just always in the front row right behind home plate. Yeah, and she's become quite popular just for said you just and being hot. Yeah, that's crazy. There's there's a lot of this that goes on.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 1: In fact, I guess she has garnered such enough attention that in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel they did an article last week that said front Row Amy is frustrated by a new brewer's premium seating plan. They're like, oh, the Brewers switched up their seating arrangements. They have a premium plan. Let's see what front row Amy thinks about it. She's made herself a celebrity. People can do this. There's a million pass to success, folks, just choose the right one. And on the backs of this, I got to get to a couple of other things really quickly.
Speaker 2: One is an update in the JP Morgan case.
Speaker 1: And now it looks like the case is, shocker, hold your breath, falling apart right now. That's right, Yeah, the case is falling apart. I really enjoyed this case. I wanted more out of it.
Speaker 3: I think, well, we have a bit more Chariu Rana. That's the guy with these crazy sex allegations against the woman at JP Morgan who he said was his boss. And the courtroom nightmare is looming. The case is falling apart. Legal experts tell the Post recent developments and the sensational Manhattan case, including Ron's original lawyer looking to exit hours before hearing and the plainniffs hiring of a slew of new pricey lawyers to ditch the state court for a federal venue, are signs of emotional desperation in a failing lawsuit. They said, he, in my opinion, does not suit. Bless you, Bless your sir.
Speaker 2: I apologize. I apologize.
Speaker 1: I couldn't hit the button, I couldn't get over to the microphone at the time. I apologize, Man, I feel bad because I just muted my microphone and belched, and I just like it was a good one, and I was like, yep, I got that one. I mean, nobody caught me, nobody, nobody figured it out.
Speaker 2: And then you didn't do the same, And now I feel terrible. I was building so much during that segment. I apologize for the unprofessional behavior there. He, in my opinion, does not have a case.
Speaker 1: According to employment lawyer Nicole Brenecki, you don't have to be a big braind like Nicole Burnecci knows she's one hundred percent right.
Speaker 2: This guy's full of it.
Speaker 3: The judge is so no nonsense, so no bs, and has no patient for these frivolous lawsuits clogging the state court system. So they said, this is not a good sign for the guy making these accusations against the JP Morgan boss.
Speaker 2: So that story rolls on, but not for much longer. I hope the judge dismisses it, because that's what deserves to happen. Here.
Speaker 1: Quick break when we come back. God Almighty I don't even know where to go next. We will get to your feedback. That's what we'll do.
Speaker 2: We'll get to your feedback that is coming up next in the news, Chunkie.
Speaker 3: We stumbled out of the gate, but I you know, we're fine. Now, we're fine.
Speaker 2: We're going to be polish tomorrow for a share of the show Tuesday. Gool technical thing here and there. Yeah, it happens, and everything's back on board. Now we're really good to go. But did not do well for my anxiety though, No, you as seem that way. I assume that way, all right. I wanted to mention a few things here. One was we're going to get into dispatches and emails. I'll refresh that.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna have the latest and greatest H two is Fox has announced Fox Corporation has announced they're buying the streaming platform Roku in a cash and stock deal valued at approximately twenty two billion dollars. Okay, so Fox is buying Roku for twenty two billion dollars. That deal will give Fox access to the Roku channel, first party data in more than one hundred million lobal streaming households.
Speaker 2: How many people use Roku?
Speaker 3: I guess Fox oversees a massive media network that includes sports, news and entertainment as well as to be So Fox has to be and Roku with both of these now and then just the significant point of this is just so.
Speaker 1: They can have data that they can crunch numbers. I guess so. But if you have Roku and to Be together, that's a pretty big audience.
Speaker 2: I think I'm likely to be free. I think the whole thing is they're free.
Speaker 1: I think it's like free and it's like watching television, but on the apps for.
Speaker 3: Now it's free. I don't know does Fox buy it and so, hey, it's not free anymore. Now we're going to charge you for This could be the case that they do that. But they pay twenty two billion dollars for Roku in this deal, and they said the deal is to expect to close in the first half of next year. It still needs approval from Fox and Roku shareholders and regulatory approval to proceed.
Speaker 1: I know a lot of people like Roku or they just maybe just a lot of people have Roku because it was one of the cheaper options when they were looking for stuff, or I mean, I have a TV in my bedroom that has Roku built into it.
Speaker 2: I never use it. I never ever ever use.
Speaker 1: I just never liked the platform. It was always kind of bland to me. I thought it was kind of I don't know, like elementary.
Speaker 3: It's weird to me because some you end up where you end up kind of like cigarette smoking, So you end up smoking whatever brand of cigarettes your friend.
Speaker 1: Gave you a couple of and you started to get used to and then that's the brand you smoke, or you mostly stay loyal to them.
Speaker 2: With TV stuff, I think it's kind of like that.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of people just use the apps that are on their TV itself. I because I was in on this so early, I've always used Apple TV. Right, I still have physical Apple TVs now. I think Apple TV doesn't even really make physical things anymore software now basically now they still have the hardware platform that I don't feel like they do a lot with it. I mean, obviously we have an app on the Apple TV platform, but yeah, because I had those before they started building them into TV, so that that's what I do. On the one that I have the Troku, I just use my Apple TV and that's how I don't even think I have the Roku remote anymore.
Speaker 3: I think people just use the thing that they first started using and then they get all the apps and whatever app store that is.
Speaker 1: And for me, it's like, I just use whatever is on the TV usually, except for that Roku part. And my mom was asking me about it because we were getting her a smart TV and and it you know, it's there's been a little bit of a there's been some growing pains in the switch over to the smart TV, and I was like, well, I better make sure that if she's going to use more than one of these, they better all be the same platform. Yeah, because she can't, you know, she can't have all these different ways of looking at how the Google TV works and then go into the next room and now it's a firesticker. Now it's an Apple. That would be a disaster. As I was saying, you end up staying on the one that you use, not me.
Speaker 3: I have so many different ones, which which is good for you to be doing the TV apps for the show because you've got more experience on all these other platforms. I'm like, hey, I know how the Apple TV thing works. And that's sort of my limitation on the whole thing, all right, couple of things to note here. One, here's a dispatch from Dinkers. Dinkers is talking about these people that are standing out from the World Cup in different baseball events, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 2: What do you do, junkie crew?
Speaker 14: Very In the nineties through like ninety nine, there was another famous Big Team streaker known as Morghana the Kissing Bandit yep, who really actually fell off one of the railings and got her case dismissed in court because her lawyer said her cans overtook her center of balance.
Speaker 2: That was what led to her fault. Let's say cans.
Speaker 14: But fascinating story in that ship plus some gigantic cams.
Speaker 2: I just said, say cans. Jesus mad working underneath a car right now.
Speaker 1: When I when I looked up, when I when I googled to fine front row amy, I googled baseball fan with big boobs, and the first picture that I see is Morgana the Kissing Bandit.
Speaker 2: I never heard of her until this moment.
Speaker 1: She was a prominent entertainer and cultural icon across Major League Baseball in the seventies and eighties. I I she famously kissed dozens of players and gained legal folk lore status when one of her lawyers jokingly claimed in court that her chest size and gravity claimed her to cause her to fall in the field.
Speaker 2: Is what he was talking about. For camps here, big old cans don't say cans. Good God, here's dingo? What up?
Speaker 20: News junkie didn't go here? Hey, I just want to chime in real quick about Jameis Winston. I absolutely love that guy. He is the best interview after an NFL game I've ever seen. He had a couple of roadbumps along the way, like Amy was saying, But honestly, the crab legs I think that was a huge setup, just my opinion.
Speaker 1: I like Jameis Winston too. I didn't want to imply that I didn't. When we were asking Amy that, I was just saying, like, come on, what do we know him for? The crab legs thing?
Speaker 2: He was. He was a crab led guy, the crab leg guy.
Speaker 1: And also I think he got in trouble at FSU and maybe suspended from a game or two because he was seen like out in some common area standing on a table and screaming, uh the effort right in the Oh yeah, that old that old phrase that got really popular for a while.
Speaker 3: A couple other clips I wanted to work came before we get into our last segment. Here, I guess Lamon's the Lamon's race for our Lamons was going on this weekend, and uh.
Speaker 2: It's no. I thought about it for a second.
Speaker 3: I was like, and Jimmy Johnson, who I think is a was a former NASCAR racer, maybe a current NASCAR racer. I think, yeah, he calls into the radio Lemons where they're covering the race.
Speaker 1: There's a football coach named Jimmy Johnson. Is there more than one Jimmy Johnson? I thought there was another one. I don't think this is him. Maybe this is him. Let me see official website of seven time NASCAR champion, race team owner, business owner, philanthropist Jimmy Johnson.
Speaker 2: Jimmy with an I E at the end. Yes, that's it.
Speaker 3: Jimmy Johnson with an I, And I guess he called into the radio Lemons, the radio station that was covering this race, and he was hammered out of his mind.
Speaker 2: I'll play some of this so you can hear. But they said he sounded really drunk. I'm doing right.
Speaker 21: I'm so happy to be here, what a incredible experience. I was here in twenty three drive, I mean, but to be here as a fan and soak it all in such a special, special weekend.
Speaker 2: What do you remember about driving here through the night?
Speaker 6: Mussan straight can't see much.
Speaker 2: He does sound drunk. I'm not gonna lie he sounds.
Speaker 1: Which is Ham's hilarious to hear him talk about driving when he sounds like he's in a state where he could do anything.
Speaker 2: But I think he's here.
Speaker 21: In the distance, you can see the corner, you know, for the chicane that's there and the history that's behind everything that it deserves to be And like being a kid, I'll call eat kid in that moment, living in its just the most agredible thing.
Speaker 2: You just hear there's Mississonia. Are you here with Cadillac or what is he? What are you up to? Just here is the love of the fan of the sport, love the game.
Speaker 3: This review is clearly recorded because nobody's talking in the booth. And this there's this weird hunchback of not treudm looking guy who's eating a banana.
Speaker 2: The whole time.
Speaker 21: So we're our team legacy and NASCAR has an affiliation with with the Jodah team then, so just hearing supportor loving to being a part of this.
Speaker 1: May you've been a good friend of Fear a radio show limited back in a car, Hey be so.
Speaker 2: Daddia Frank TV said one of your trucks recently.
Speaker 1: I can't understand him either to be honest with something about a radio show, something about a car and been in one of your trucks recently.
Speaker 2: We've picked up a little bit of that that was so much fun. Uh, give it such a good run. I hope I can bring him out of retirement again soon.
Speaker 21: Maybe even Marino, even though he doesn't have the hair.
Speaker 2: You know, I just love those guys so much. I love them having a good time.
Speaker 3: Jimmy Johnson, NASCAR owner, a little hammered calling in a radio show from what I can tell. And now we're gonna have tickquick break. We'll come back. We'll work in as much as we can in the final segment here today and to give us some more time, let's blast off of that right now.
Speaker 2: It's coming up next on the news. Junkie. Thank you to Sunstate John for a team gifted subscriptions, big big support there. Craig K thank you for ten gifted subscriptions full access to the website and secret shows. Please go claim them right now.
Speaker 3: Start an account, it takes like five seconds and hit the claim button and you will have full access to uncensored secret shows, to all of the see it now content, to everything you can get access to on the site and beyond.
Speaker 2: And it's an amazing thing.
Speaker 1: So go do that right now on thenewsjunkie dot com and claim those Thanks to Sunstate, John and Craig K. Appreciate the big support. Here we go, let's get out of here. Let's do today.
Speaker 17: I learned the following information may make you feel smarter, but will not actually increase your IQ, so don't get cocky.
Speaker 20: Now it's done.
Speaker 2: What week comes today? It is Taylor from Monday, June fifteenth, twenty twenty six. Today learn this guy. I shill Olivertree. That's right, Oliver Tree.
Speaker 3: He grew up with his parents working in a traveling circus. Oliver Tree Nickel born June twenty ninth, nineteen ninety three died June fourteenth, twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: Thanks for hanging out with us. We'll be back tomorrow, same time, same place. Missed Edit of the show. Get the podcast at the news junkie dot com. We'll see you next time. Everybody name rep Part.
Speaker 9: Got again with the feat service spinder Rip. Every day of the week, I'm still breaking my you'r basins.
Speaker 2: Sleep Suminllian. Among this human beings, I spell down to Earth from a hundred miles away you.
Speaker 9: Somehow I still make it work.