Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on a five to seventy LA sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio while friends.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 3: No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadakas terrible person, He's the worst and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 4: The pipes, the pipes, the pipe.
Speaker 3: Don't miss an episode. We're with you, Yeah, follow.
Speaker 1: The Petros in Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadacus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 4: The straight Line a respectable optical illusion which ruins many a.
Speaker 2: Man telling me you Petro some money and five to seventy LA Sports live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Hour two of a four hour show. Another eight to seven show today, the fourth of the week, Clippers yesterday. We will go until seven pm. David Vess will be along with Doctor Talk after that. Dodger games all weekend long. David Vesse at five point thirty, Alan Sliwa talking Lakers at the bottom of this hour.
Speaker 4: Lakers look great, they love each other.
Speaker 2: It's an abject failure.
Speaker 4: Oh, come on, man.
Speaker 2: Abject failure.
Speaker 4: Well that's you know what though, That's that's what I would expect from a bit boy. Do you know what I'm saying, Matt, A bit boy, A bit boy. That's not a nuanced conversation.
Speaker 2: Oh, I got you too, simple.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you didn't watch the clip where he called him a bit boy, Matt.
Speaker 2: I haven't watched any of the clips unless you've showed him to me.
Speaker 4: I tweeted one out.
Speaker 2: Man, I don't, don't.
Speaker 4: I got him a lot of views. I shouldn't have done it. Well, I said it. You should have looked at it. Very impactful, Matt. When the guy calls the other guy a.
Speaker 2: Bit boy, bit boy, like I want to create bits?
Speaker 4: You're out there? No? Yeah, like you're not good enough to be a real sports tacos. That's why you're a bit boy.
Speaker 2: He's just he contributes bits to the show that.
Speaker 4: Has almost tempted to play it and stick it in the mic and make you listen to it right now like you would do. But I'm not gonna do that. Why not because I constantly based you for doing it. But that would make me a terrible hypocrite. Uh, but yeah, you you missed by the bit boy retweet. Unfortunately, I you know, quoted it on Twitter and wrote, you're promoting this this guy called the other guy a bit boy and getting all mad and uh it got a bunch of views. It got them a lot more.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that was the thing. Was that what tim uh sent to us via text and it and it had two comments after being up for nine hours.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, then I and then I lit that.
Speaker 2: And you lit it and then yeah, don't do that.
Speaker 4: Tell me what to do.
Speaker 2: Don't give him any eyes. Man, I'll do what I want. Don't be a bit boy.
Speaker 4: Hey, if I'm a big boy, then fine, Matt a bit boy for four hours a day. Uh, this is interesting. I don't know if you saw some of this, Matt, but people are very much having a good time with and poking fun at the uh at the USC receiver, not the one Jacoby Lane who said he got robbed. And now the Brawley Totupu kid has has struck back.
Speaker 2: Oh really and.
Speaker 4: Said that was all given to him. And that's bs, That's what I was figuring, right, his host. I didn't steal from you. I didn't even go into your Locker, you're a liar, Jacoby Lane. But the other USC receiver and this will be the word of the day, Matt with his.
Speaker 3: Words, the word of the day.
Speaker 4: The other USC receiver at the combine, Mackay Lemon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a big time dude.
Speaker 4: At a low Salameda. I mean, it's hard to say who's been the most impressive USC receiver and this that's really the only thing that they churn out consistently now is good wide receivers. Because of the way the offenses have been under Clay Helton and Lincoln Riley, it hasn't translated into football dominance. But Amon Ross, Saint Brown and Michael Pittman comes to mind. Drake London is the guy who's probab in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: He's really good.
Speaker 4: He's great. I mean, there's just top to bottom a lot of us arrested. If he's not getting arrested, he's making plays. I mean, I wouldn't call him a USC receiver even though Carson Palmer gave Addison his number so the guy could play for like eight games at USC. But Mackay Lemon is, I mean, he's up there with these guys as far as potential goes I mean, he is a great wide receiver and we all saw it in high school at Lo Sal. I wish we could say the same.
Speaker 2: He had a great quarterback throwing to him, Well.
Speaker 4: He did, and he won a very decorated Malachi Nelson, a very decorated college football quarterback, traveled high school football.
Speaker 2: Quarterback, well traveled college quarterback.
Speaker 4: Well traveled and well paid. Matt, Yes, well traveled and well paid.
Speaker 2: Hot his mom. That bag not much a literal.
Speaker 4: Bag, Yeah, not much to speak of on the field, but everything else was there. But anyway, the guy that really did rise up of that duo at a Lo Sal was Lemon. But people are making fun of Lemon because today at the combine when he addressed the media, I guess it was kind of cringey. He was like moving around like the snake in the Jungle Book.
Speaker 2: They said, Yeah, he had like a real swag to him. It was very odd.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like a real swaggy, waggy kind of deal. So let's let's listen in. I mean, we can't see him move like a serpent on the radio, but we can listen in and see.
Speaker 5: The guy who's one NFL player you model your game after.
Speaker 6: Look up to play the same round.
Speaker 7: No type of grit he plays with, no type of the way he can have a positive air peg, you know on the team with Doug the ball in his hands.
Speaker 2: You know, it just doesn't translate to no but you, but at least you alert people to go seek it out because it is worth watching.
Speaker 4: Like it's weird, like his body moves but his head stays right in front of the microo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was another I almost wonder if there was like some sort of pack made between because there was another dude that was doing it. I was like, these guys make some sort of deal.
Speaker 4: Like let's talk like snakes. Yeah, hey, who could be more snaky?
Speaker 2: I'll out snake you.
Speaker 4: That's what the NFL loves. Yeah, I love it the snaky.
Speaker 2: It was very odd.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know what to say, Like, I don't know, Like I watching it is like what is okay? Mad? It is time for the number of the.
Speaker 3: Days top number of the day.
Speaker 2: It is twenty one, twenty one dollars. I don't know if you saw this. It was making the rounds on social media today. We are your public transportation show of record. It's not even close. I mean, Dwayne McDonald has taking the Metro to multiple trains to get from Burbank to Irvine.
Speaker 4: I mean, remember Chris Little though, we couldn't take that title from him if he was still here, but he's not. No, you're right, but remember like.
Speaker 2: He would take the train from Riverside. It was train content daily all day. Every day. I took the train, I took a bus, I rode a bike. I load my bike on the front of the bus, and then I take the bus to the train, and then I take the train to the Metro, and then I take the Metro to the surf Liner and the surf Liner to the subway. Well, I'm sure you saw this. The D line is going to open.
Speaker 4: I only saw mackay lemon look at us.
Speaker 2: Well May The Metro's D Line will extend through the historic mid Wiltshire Corridor. I lived in the Fairfax district for a while. It is a nightmare to navigate via car. So to extend the train through Handcock Park, through Windsor Square, through the Fairfax District all the way into Beverly Hills will be a big deal. Stops at Wilshire, Librea, Wilshire, Fairfax, Wilshire, lo Sienega are all coming. But they decided to announce it with not just a news release but a T shirt pe and they knew.
Speaker 6: Like like.
Speaker 4: Trying to go like like what do they call that? Yeah, well no, they wouldn't go that's the internet word. What was like before viral gorilla marketing?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, like gorilla marketing exactly. They decided to make a shirt.
Speaker 4: Like everybody has the same Faris shirt, you know in that town.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Metro has an online store turns out shop dot Metro dot net where you can buy all of your Metro needs. And I don't know if like the hipsters are wearing it. You know, it's the M inside of it's a white M inside of a black circle is their logo.
Speaker 4: I mean, look, I mean you wear that hat, somebody's liable to poke a hole in it, so they release you as somebody who's just pokable.
Speaker 2: They used the opportunity of the announcement of the extension of the D line to launch Ride the D.
Speaker 4: Well. I mean you had me at extension of the D Yeah, you know, I mean once you once you extend the D sometime a ride is in order.
Speaker 2: And I uh, I would imagine that you would imagine and everybody listening would imagine people wanted to buy the ride the d T show. It crashed the site earlier. It is back up now. Uh. They have sizes from small to apparently if you are unhoused and need a place to live for XL so uh, hey, hey you know.
Speaker 4: What, man, all shapes and sizes in this town. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So if you want to ride the d and the D is I live under my ride the D They are now available. They did sell out, but they are available now. They crashed the site, but they are available now. I would love to ride the d Well for a couple of pull smokers like us.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, that's right. But at the same time, I am always reluctant about the metro man. I get worried about the stabbing.
Speaker 2: I don't want to get stabbed. I don't want a gentleman to pleasure himself.
Speaker 4: You know. I do think that we are probably I think we we are. We we exaggerate when it comes to the stabbings. I think we've exaggerated the stabbings. I don't know if we exaggerated.
Speaker 2: Is there still an ass at the end of stabbing? Would that still be authentic, because if there is, then I don't think we can exaggerate by saying stabbings.
Speaker 4: I just you know, I mean, I think there's you.
Speaker 2: Know, unless there was just one or none.
Speaker 4: I think there's less stabbings than we put on. But I have to say, ain't nobody on that train we're in El Segundo. When I'm there with you with the chargers, you're there a lot more than I am. Of course, I've never seen anybody on that train. That's why we call it the ghost.
Speaker 2: A ghost train running.
Speaker 4: Well, we're on top of this stuff. That's why you don't need John coblt.
Speaker 2: He ain't talking ride the d we hope.
Speaker 4: He might be. Ronnie's got the song.
Speaker 3: This is the song of the day, Yes I do.
Speaker 7: And today's song of the Day comes from the Duke's Spirits, who are an English band straight out of London. And today's song of the day is called Bottom of the Sea. It's an oceanic theme tune to finish off the week on a frog Man Friday, where the Petrosen Money Show follows spring training Dodger Baseball with a dive to the bottom of the sea.
Speaker 5: Frogman to recover the Treasures of great sports dog before David Vassi slides in with a final edition of Spring Training Dodger Talk for the week, and that comes up at seven o'clock.
Speaker 2: Thank you for sticking around.
Speaker 4: Stricking around, no doubt. It's a frog Man Friday. We appreciate you and yours. We hope you have a great weekend. Don't forget David Vassie's got Dodger Talk at seven. It is a frog Man Friday. Alan Slaewan will join us next and we'll talk about the trouble of the Lakers. Spoiler alert, it's Lebron James. It's Lebron James, Lebron names, it's his funk.
Speaker 2: That throw some Monday in five seventy eight Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app, we are your home with the back to back World Series champion Dodgers. Tomorrow we'll have spring training action again. How about Dodgers Cubs a nooner Sunday Spring training again, Dodgers v Angels first pitch at noon as well, and tonight you will hear from him a little bit later previewing Dodger Talk coming up at seven pm. Baseball back in full swig. You get a little taste of it here and a whole lot of it at seven pm.
Speaker 4: The Lakers are in shambles, Matt. We will discuss it more than once today. Times are not good. People look dejected, bbl abounds, bad body language. Here to discussing a man with always upbeat body language working hard on the iHeartRadio app with Hoops Talk. It's also a hit on YouTube and you hear him throughout the day daily reports and of course he's joining us right now. Alan Sleewah Laker insider on the Pettersen Money Show on AMPHI seventy LA Sports your home of the Clippers and of course the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: As Matches said, what's cracking slee Wah?
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 6: I'm doing good.
Speaker 8: I still don't understand the negative vibe you're referring to. I think things are going, oh swimmingly, just as planned.
Speaker 4: Just okay, that's fine, you know if if you want to be that way all as well. Like Kevin Bacon at the end of Animal House, which is a reference our young younger listeners don't don't understand.
Speaker 2: Which is bull as that they don't understand it is.
Speaker 4: It is a shame, but nobody has the attention span for movies anymore. Uh, we just where our lives move too fast. We'll just do it too many very important things like picking up Asai bowls. But let's talk about it. Sleewa. Are you surprised that things have taken let's just say, a dark turn.
Speaker 6: I am.
Speaker 8: I think you know, when the Lakers went into the All Star Break, we knew that. Look, we we know what the team is. It's it's not like it's a complete shock. You kind of have an idea of right there. They don't play well defensively, they have teams that they play above five hundred.
Speaker 6: They've clearly struggled, you.
Speaker 8: Know, the combination of the Luca ar Lebron. I think it's safe to say, yeah, it isn't think it doesn't feel like it's let's call it. It's definitely not a smooth operation. But I think I think what you've seen these last three games or so, you're kind of starting to see a new low every game. The Boston Celtics are a good team. They're very well coached. Their players play really really hard, but they're not necessarily more talented than the Lakers personnel wise. Lakers got their ass kicked there wasn't even a close. There wasn't even a game at Crypto. Go to the Orlando Magic game where two key pieces, I mean, Franz Wagner and Jalen Suggs are really kind of critical pieces for the Orlando Magic. The Lakers after losing the way they lost to the Boston Celtics, you think maybe a little bit more pride, come out and try to get a w. They lose to the Magic, and then yesterday was just I don't even know how.
Speaker 6: To describe it.
Speaker 8: Grayson Allen and Colin Gillespie dominated the Lakers, a lot of guys that you know, people around the league don't even know who some of these players are outside of those guys, and the Lakers they lose again. So yeah, you could walk in and say, hey, I don't think the Lakers are going to compete for a championship. That's fine, Obviously nobody's gonna argue that. But to see the trajectory of where the Lakers are going and to see kind of their span here now I think eleven and thirteen over their last twenty four games certainly not heading in the right direction.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the I guess you know what Petros was leading into there with the BBL the bad body language. Like you said, this is a team that was fighting for the free seed. It felt like two weeks ago and now as we are, you know, being sarcastic about how swimmingly it's going, they're flirting with the playing again. Like what has happened in the last two weeks? Is it chemistry? You got eighting, you know, getting lippy about his role and what's the correction? Is it JJ? Is it Lebron Like, who has got to grab the reins and steer this thing in the right direction? It has clearly come off the tracks.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think money to hit on what you said about why did it come off the track? I think, you know, you could point to a couple of things. But the Lakers were I think at one point thirteen to zero in clutch games. Okay, well, obviously that's not going to continue to hold its own weight. They got healthy, which in a weird way, I almost think is hurting the team because I think their rotations are completely off. And what I mean by that is I don't think anybody really knows their role. I don't think guys, and some of this has to do with the stars as well, Austin Reeves doesn't look anywhere near the player that he was towards the beginning of the season. The combination of the three stars don't look good. I think JJ Raddick is getting out coach in each one of these games. I mean, you got guy, And it might even just be you could look at one side and say, hey, those guys are playing harder than the Lakers. Hey, those guys understand their role, specifically movement. So much isolball for the Lakers sometimes watching them, it's so predictable. There's just nothing creative that the Lakers are doing. I think the thing you said of okay, well, what gets it back on track? I would say this, you know you got twenty four games left. You're obviously you know you're looking behind you, and the Phoenix Suns are only a game behind. And I think for Phoenix, I don't think the Lakers are going to actually be in the playing tournament. And that's not because they're playing good basketball. I just think other teams are injured. But with twenty four games left, what I would say is just throw away the script. You don't stop playing the politics stop well, I have to start Austin Reeves because of this or that or that player.
Speaker 6: I gotta give eight X amount of minutes. You don't have to do anything.
Speaker 8: You got twenty four games left to try to figure out what's the best that I could do with this roster the rest of the way. Don't worry about emotions, feelings, any of that stuff. Do just what's in the best interest of the team. And you got to figure out a way to find what's a winning solution. And they could clearly don't have that right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess you know. And we're going to get into this a little bit later. I guess a bit of a preview is here's what I can't figure out. And I know what you mean. Like, it's Don Chic, who's played at forty plus last night. Austin Reeves I think is playing his ass off and playing pretty damn well. Well, I'm not trying to point the finger exclusively at Lebron, but there is something wrong with that chemistry. There is something about those three that just does not look right. And you mentioned that final play. I mean you mentioned Gillespie and Grayson. I mean, those are the two guys that connect on that final play. Lebron is trying to share to oust rings, do not slack off O'Neill, stay with him, and he's the guy that slacks off Gillespie and has no chance of helping on Grayson Allen anyway, And that whole thing falls apart, Like I don't even know if there's a question in there, Alan, but it just feels like these three guys on the court together, it's there's something that's not right with it.
Speaker 8: Well, if I think if I told you this, if we just kind of separated and he said, hey, what's the perfect type of player with Luka Doncic, No one's gonna say Lebron's skill set at forty one. No one's going to say Austin Reeves in the back court and a player that is going to struggle on the defensive side. If I said, hey, what's the perfect combination with Lebron at this age? I don't think you're going to look at lu Uca or look at Austin Reeves. Hey, when Austin Reeves is in the game, what would be I think this is the ingredients don't mix. And that's why I said, and whether we want to point the finger at Lebron because you mentioned the Royce O'Neil. Remember the game against Orlando Magic. He played off at Desmond Baye Bain hits that three that gave Orlando the lee I think gave him a one point lead. I think the main piece here in.
Speaker 6: All of this is the pieces.
Speaker 8: Clearly, when they're all in there together, it's not good basketball.
Speaker 6: It's just not so.
Speaker 8: Is then the idea of all right, I know Reeves is going to give all the effort in the world, but is Reeves good with that mix? Does he better off? Is he better off coming off the bench? Which will help some of these other bench players that are in there that all of a sudden, none of these guys are productive off the bench. I know really didn't play yesterday, but he's been struggling. Jake Laavia not the same player. There's a little bit of a trickle effect here. And you know, I know you said there wasn't a question there, but I think the observation is fair and I think the foundation of it is those three players do not play well together, and it's not going to change. I don't think something's going to change in twenty four games in regards to those three players specifically, we.
Speaker 4: Are solving the world's problems by discussing the Lakers' shortcomings. Alan Sliewah from Hoops Talk joining us right now on the Petros and Money Show. We talked to him periodically and it is always enlightening. So how much of this has to do with just they get caught with Luka Doncic and Lebron is still getting paid a whole bunch of money and they're going to build a team around Luca at some point? How much of it is the ownership transition that is constantly kind of moving and people are moving in and moving out. We saw Lon Rosen do a press conference this week. The awkward position they're kind of in. Is this why.
Speaker 8: I think you know the this is a gap year. And as much as you were hoping that.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to take a gap year Allan, They did not offer gap years for short yardage running backs in the nineties at USC, unfortunately, But I think it really would have shaped me as a person. I could have gone to go to Barcelona or someplace like that and really found myself.
Speaker 6: I'm anyway, I think we should all get a gap here. We should all get a gap here. Please continue, even at this stage of our careers. Let's get a gap here.
Speaker 8: I think what I mean by that is I think that they just kind of are what they are and there is all right, let's do the best of what we can with what we have. Let's not give up any assets like they you know, obviously they didn't give up a first rounder at the at the trade deadline, which says something. They didn't give Lebron an extension or an additional extension, I think, which I think says something. They got a ton of cap space. They have three first rounders in the summer.
Speaker 6: I think the only.
Speaker 8: Players that they have actually physical on the books for next year, I know there's player options and everything else is Luca, Jared Vanderbilt, and Jake Laravia. So yes, I look, the ownership piece is going to be a big part of it, which is why I think a lot of people do have some optimism of what it could look like past this season. But you still got to get to the summer, and you still obviously got to get to.
Speaker 6: The off season.
Speaker 8: But I think a bigger thing, more than anything else, is they understand internally, yeah, this isn't the year to try to, you know, go all in or use every asset that you have, and I think kind of their actions have spoke louder than their words. They've proven that since, whether it was in the summer when they made moves to just make sure that they had cap space this upcoming summer, or at the trade deadline when they held on the assets. And then we'll see obviously what they do after the season. But I do think this is kind of that in between year and hopefully they clean it up after this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you know, as we wrap it here, Alan, the last question is just to your point, gap year. I mean, it's it's hard to imagine taking a gap year when you have one of the league's five best players on your team. It's just crazy to think that. But when they acquired Luca, they still have Lebron under contract for fifty million bucks. They still have all of these other players that were essentially signed to build around Lebron James as the centerpiece. Is it as easy as look when the season comes to a close, They've got all this money, they've got Austin Reeves, the two of them seem to play together. They're kind of build a roster around Luca and then everything's gonna fit and they're gonna have one of the five best players in the league, and the guys around him are going to be legitimate supporting pieces for that particular superstar.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think it could change quickly.
Speaker 8: And you know, as much as people want to say, well, you know, I want it to change right now, the reality is I think once they traded for Luca, they understood, like, all right, that chapter is going to eventually end and a new chapter is going to begin. And frankly, it can really start until Lebron's off the books. Like that's just the reality of it. I don't think it can start. But if we're spinning this and I'm this is just my genuine feeling, they're gonna have a lot of opportunity come the summer. If you're a big time player out there or you're a know, a potential free agent, you get a chance to play with one of the more historic franchises, a superstar in Luka Doncic. You've got this new ownership that everybody's kind of churning their head and saying to themselves, look what they've done. Yes, I understand it's baseball, and baseball is not the same as the NBA, but you don't think they're gonna put together the infrastructure. You don't think they're gonna put together the proper front office and make sure that the areas where there is no there is no salary cap, they'll spend as much as they possibly can. I do think the future is bright, but we'll take a second to get there. And I think the first time you could really start feeling the impact of new ownership will probably be in the summer.
Speaker 4: All right, Always a nuanced conversation that lack stupidity. The great Alan Sleewah Hoops Talk on YouTube and on the iHeartRadio app, and daily reports right here on AM five to seventy LA Sports. Thank you Allan, we appreciate it.
Speaker 6: Thanks Bell, I appreciate it as well.
Speaker 4: Good weekend YouTube, brother, and we'll be right back with some reaction in the world of great sports talk on a frog Man Friday. Still to come, the top story of the day, David Vasse, Who's got Dave Roberts and JD Martinez tonight, plenty of stuff. Stay with us. We're on till seven.
Speaker 2: Big thank you to Alan Sliwa for joining us Hoops Talk on YouTube. Does a lot of work here at iHeart we appreciate it. Rough one for the Lakers last night, use it lose at the Buzzer. They dig out of a twelve point hole in the fourth quarter, but then lose to a Royce O'Neil three, and everybody, well not everybody. People that like the Lakers are very upset. People that don't like the Lakers are very upset or something like that.
Speaker 4: It's all very upsetting because Jabron Lames is still getting one over. We're still getting nailed by the King. That's why it's upsetting. Matt.
Speaker 2: Exactly right, That's why I'm emotional. It's exactly right.
Speaker 4: Anyway, thank you for listening.
Speaker 2: Did you, by the way, did you see the emotional that Jeff Kent clip from a few days ago.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was calling somebody.
Speaker 2: Out, Alex Rodriguez a rod and John Miller didn't know what to do with it. He was like, yeah, and then that fat ass comes rolling in and knocks me down. He's a middle infielder, you're supposed to know. Miller was like two and one.
Speaker 4: That's a hard ass. All right. Well, you know what, we'll call this the flip top story of the day.
Speaker 3: I'll clip you out, i will look you out. This is the flip top story of the day.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say it again, Matt, because I spent one half at the Into It Dome last night, not the Inuit Dome. I was surprised that there were no eskimos, or there was no Saint Bernard. I wanted a whiskey and I thought they were going to serve it with a Saint Bernard and a little barrel under his neck. But that never happened. But I went with the social media Ethiopian Prince Matt. Then Becky great guy Ronnie declined my invitation, and so did Colin. We did have a.
Speaker 6: Bunch of friends.
Speaker 2: No, Matt had to go to film it.
Speaker 4: You're right, You're correct. We had a bunch of social media stuff to do. It was like a holiday for me, though, Matt. Even though it was a work thing. We had to do a bunch of stuff for Toyota, which we did, and you could check it out at Toyota Socow on Instagram or at Petrosoon Money on Instagram. And I've got to say, Matt, one year later, because I did this exact same thing last year, and I'll probably do it again next year. But I'm not going to ask for two extra tickets this time. You got to learn my lessons. The Into It Dome remains the greatest sports experience.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like federal appropriations for roadwork, Like if you don't do the roadwork, they won't give you the money the next year. Like the Clippers gave you the tickets and when they weren't used, they're not going to give it to you next year.
Speaker 4: Yeah you're right. Well, I mean, yeah, you're right, because they did come over and check out that I didn't have two people with me. The Into It Dome remains the greatest sports experience interactively that I've ever been or seen. And I know we clown the clips rightfully so a little bit. And I know that it's fun to get after fully functional employee Adam and Tukah the cat. But the truth is, however, Steve Balmer has been swindled by Kawhi Leonard and Paul Joel George and Kawhi Leonards Bengali uncle Uncle Kawhi. Steve Baumer really did build the future of sports arenas in America, and it is sitting right there in Inglewood. It is, one year later, the most impressive place I've ever watched a sporting event. I mean, there's old places and there's places with character, but if you're looking for a modern experience, my god. There are people everywhere, Matt, but it doesn't feel crowded. The ingress and egress that's ridiculous are beautifully managed. There is sound, but you can talk to the person next to you without having to scream. Somebody is always there to tell you what's popping if you have a question. I've never been anywhere like it before since, and it's hard to explain. Although I did enjoy Nippert Stadium, which is the football venue in Cincinnati. Very different though, but kudos to Bomber because it really is a marvel. It really really is a marvel. And it wasn't just the free drinks that I enjoyed with social media, Matt that would make me say such a thing. I know that the Clippers are the Clippers, and I did see Kawhi in his balure outfit. He was not playing. He was a load managing.
Speaker 2: Happens.
Speaker 4: But we had a nice holiday social media, Matt. Now, even though, like Matt says, I have no friends that would go with me, which is true, Well, clip friends you know, nobody wanted it, even Blackmore. Oh wow, Blackmore turning out and he goes. John McClean said to me, you could get you could be paid to one thousand dollars for that. Split it with me, and I wouldn't go. I'm doubling down on the endto it Dome. It is the the best venue and l and the parking works, the bridge into the plaza, probably the best venue on earth. And thanks to our socout Toyota Dealers for always having cool setups all over the town at Toyota SoCal or at Petrosen. Money to check out the video. All right, second story in the flip top. I know you're going to talk about it, Matt in a detailed way. And we just had a very serious conversation. It's always very serious when it comes to Alan Sleewak.
Speaker 2: Oh, we're serious people.
Speaker 4: But in regards to the Lakers versus the Suns last night, yeah, the whole deal. I don't have any real comment on the game other than the fact that I know that the Suns were shorthanded and the Lakers had all their guys, and there's all kinds of clips of how miserable Luca looks and how Lebron has broken Luca. But I don't know. I don't know what paradise the two white guys. Let's listen there.
Speaker 3: You guys remember the eighties.
Speaker 9: I don't, but I was hoping you would hop Okay, Oh.
Speaker 2: This lady.
Speaker 9: We bumped into each other on the road and on the charts every now and then. Her voice is one of the most powerful instruments in music, and somehow, for some reason, we never worked together except an occasional show.
Speaker 2: I never got to sing. I'm watching the video.
Speaker 9: That she's allowing me to sing with her on this next song. It's another big hit from Footloose. Please welcome a woman with real heart and Wilson.
Speaker 2: And Wilson and log didn't you kidding me?
Speaker 4: Get a back? I couldn't help but think last night when the Lakers were getting the lights shot out by Colin Gillespie and Grayson Allen, the two white guys on the Suns who beat the Lakers last night. I was looking at those guys and I was like, both, this cannot be a coincidence, both of those whities. And I've seen those guys watch. I know Gillespie when he played in Villanova. We all remember Grayson Allen having a temper tantrum or trying to trip somebody. Uh. I mean, those guys are white guys. They look like white guys. But last night, wherever they came back from after the All Star break, those guys had the two most incredible tans I have ever seen. I don't know if they're getting Arizona golfed in during the day they're out there, or if they went to Saint Kitts during the All Star break, or they escaped Mexico before the Kimchi hit the fan. But I will tell you Matt beyond Lebron making the Lakers miserable, beyond Polenka hanging by a string, beyond Luca Lebron and Austin Reeves not being able to play together, but beyond eight and disparaging Clint Capella. Those guys look like Tom Penders or George Hamilton a tam. I mean, I don't know where those guys went. You know how your friend comes back from Hawaii or something and you're like god, you know, like wow, that's what those two whities look like. Wow, And you couldn't help but think they'd probably used the power of the sun to shoot the lights out on.
Speaker 2: The Lakers, right there on their chest.
Speaker 4: I mean, even beach boy Matt, who generally has a glowing wave cresting hue like Hermes, has nothing on these guys last night. They are They were broad and I'm surprised no one else noticed that. I didn't look on Twitter or anything, but I'm surprised no one else noticed what an amazing tan both Gillespie and Grays and Allen were displaying last night.
Speaker 2: Maybe charted a private catamaran in the Gulf.
Speaker 4: Those whites looked dark. You know what I'm saying, Matt. If I ordered white beat and they brought me that, I'd be like, that's not what I ordered.
Speaker 2: This is a thigh.
Speaker 4: There's nothing left on his plate but fat and grissoon. So very impressive from those guys last night. I wonder what paradise they came from, maybe walking on the beach singing together like Annie Wilson and Kenny Loggins. Do you guys remember the eighties? I don't. All right, thank you everybody, and we'll be back with Mark great sports talk. What's you gonna do? Matt?
Speaker 2: I forgot that was from Footloose.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was when they were dancing. Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was right at the end.
Speaker 4: When no one was dancing, and then all of a sudden, the people that were too awkward to ask somebody to dance became the most exuberant professional dancers you could ever imagine.
Speaker 2: Who could have seen that coming? Nobody.
Speaker 4: I didn't see it coming. Now then, and you know what, and as I always say, if I was in like a major fistfight, like real fisticuffs, like we're happening in a footloose there right before the dance, you know, they got a big fight. Yeah, he did a flying kick, there were weapons used, one guy holding the other. There was like two on five. And then like right after that fight, like he just runs in there and just starts dancing his balls off, and it's like, Wow, that's a real emotional swing that I don't think I could deal with. Knowing your limitations is a big part of growing up. Matt's got his story next.