Speaker 1: For the back to back World champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach. Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 3: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this is because they can. They print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 3: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 1: Now your pregame host of the world champion LA Dodgers, Tammy Cats.
Speaker 5: Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino. Dodgers on deck on this Thursday afternoon, June the eleventh, your official Dodgers pregame show. You're a home of the back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers, who are forty three and twenty five on this season, first place a top the NL West, currently a seven and a half game lead over the San Diego Padres, nine games up on the Arizona Diamondbacks. After a blowout win in this series opener, the Dodgers blew.
Speaker 3: A lateening lead yesterday.
Speaker 5: Today the rubber game of this three game series in Pittsburgh, Justin Robleski on the mount first pitch from PNC Park is coming up at three forty. Coming up over the next hour here on Moroco Casino Dodgers on Deck. You're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. We'll hear from Charlie Steinder. Coming up in thirty minutes. We got the latest Dodgers' injury news, including Will Smith going to the injured list. We'll preview this pitching matchup. Our Dodger insider David Vasse, will join us throughout the hour. Of course, we got your Dodgers magical moment. Shortly, Kirsten Watson will stop by from Sports Net LA and it's just a few minutes. We will check in with Tim Nevererd and Rick Monday out the gallopin Ford Broadcast booth.
Speaker 3: Well, last night, the Dodgers.
Speaker 5: Jumped out to the early lead and then a bigger lead late, only to see that lead fall apart and the game fall apart. Thanks to the Dodgers' bullpen. Dodgers got on the board early. Max Munsey RBI double in the fourth gave the Dodgers a one to nothing lead. Than the next batter, Kyle Tucker doubled it up.
Speaker 2: Count for Jones, getting a little higher than the Pirates like, here's the pitch and Tucker swings hits the ball into center field of base hit around third comes Moncie. He will score and on a full count, Kyle Tucker strokes one up the middle for an RBI single and the Dodgers lead it to nothing.
Speaker 5: Kyle Tucker delivers with the RBI single back up the middle, Dodgers with a two to nothing in lead. That lead was cut in half a home run by the Buckos in the bottom half of the fourth inning. Dodgers up two to one. Still within reach was Pittsburgh. Going to the top half of the sixth inning, Base is loaded for the rookie right Ward.
Speaker 2: Hitch to Ward. These Wings hits a drive to right field toward the wall.
Speaker 6: It is done.
Speaker 2: Hits a grand slam, the first career grand slam for Ryan Ward. A line drive over the clemeny walling right. A frozen rope for Ryan Ward. His third career home run is a grand slam out and the Dodgers lead it six to one. Oh, how do you like that?
Speaker 1: For Wards?
Speaker 5: How about Ryan War with a three hundred and eighty foot shot to the grand slam.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers up six to one. In cruising.
Speaker 5: Meanwhile, show Hey Otani on the mound would go six and two third innings. Sotani would give up a season high though four runs, three of which were earned, six hits and six and two thirds as e ra ticked up to one point six. O'tani struck out six, walked three before being removed from following Brandon Lowe's two out, two run double in the seventh as the Philida or the Pittsburgh Pirates scored four runs in the three runs in the seventh to make it an interesting game. And then Kyle hurt Well he got roughed up in that eighth inning as the Dodgers bullpen really imploded, given up five runs in the bottom of the eighth. The Dodgers would answer back with two more in the night, trying to get back into it. As the Dodgers found themselves trailing nine to six, otani a two run home run made it nine to eight, but the Dodgers could get no closer. A six to two lead fell apart for the Dodgers as they lose it nine to eight. Showy Otani and no decision. Kyle Hert gets tagged with the loss as the Dodgers dropped the second game of this three game series at PNC Park. They're now forty three and twenty five and today the rubber game of this three game series before they head to the South side of Chicago. Justin Robuski on the mound, first pitch at three forty and with more we head out to the galp before broadcast. But as we say hello to Tim Neverett and Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 2: Tam, thank you very much. Here in Pittsburgh, a deluge of rain, thunder and lightning. But that has cleared up. The tarp is taken off the field and we're looking at it on time. Start tonight in Pittsburgh for Game three of this three game series. It's the rubber game after last night, the Pirates came back for the ninth time this year, and the locals here in Pittsburgh talking about the fact that last night was their most exciting game of the year. Joey Otani deserved to win. He left the game he was up six to one, but ended up being a nine to eight win for the Pirates. So Otani would hit a home run later. He is back in the lineup the day after he pitches today, he's leading off as the designated hitter against Mitch Keller, the right hander and lefty Justin Roebluski has the start for the Dodgers.
Speaker 7: Well, for the Dodgers, I mentioned before Game one, and we can still talk about it during the game too. Is it don't take the Pirates lightly. I mean they're in the top six and batting average of all teams in Major League Baseball. Home they proved that last night. Don't take anybody for granted. And you know the battle cry after the game as we're walking back to the hotel. A lot of people are almost giddy about the vacuum print playoff tickets. And we just had the trip to Pittsburgh officially christened if we can because of the great Steve Blast, a former pitcher with this Pirate ball club. The organization still does a lot of public relations for them. Just drop by, so indeed it is now a fit a trip to Pittsburgh.
Speaker 2: We took him till the third day, but we got him over well.
Speaker 7: He had to build up the courage to come and see us.
Speaker 2: So the Dodgers forty three and twenty five, seven and a half up on the padres. The Diamondbacks have already lost today, So they've lost another half game and the Dodgers picked one up by doing nothing roster move today with Will Smith being placed on the injured list. Chuckie Robinson is here. He's got the league experience more recently with the Angels, but he's been in triple A. Caught all nine innings of Oklahoma City's game yesterday, and Chucky gonna back up tonight. But tonight's lineup looks remarkably similar to last night's line up.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and it congratulates also the Ryan Ward. It's been a long time for Ryan Wood to get here, trying to stick in the big league level. The Grand Slam in last night's game in the sixth inning, So it's good to see somebody that's really toiled, loves this game of baseball, loves to compete, comes up and does very well in last night's ball game. And he's getting the starting night again in left field, and Dalton rushing again in the number eight spot. What is kind of mysterious is that Mookie Betts is still not really broken out at all. Average went down again last night. He's hitting a buck eighty five. What is going to be interesting to watch tonight? Tim is what Freddy Freeman does first of all the last twenty games hitting over three fifty, But what he does against Keller in tonight's game, Why, well, Freddy Freeman's face Keller eighteen times. How's it worked out? Freeman has nine hits, that's not a bad average, five hundred against the guy tonight.
Speaker 2: And you mentioned Betts. He's got one hit in eleven trips against Keller. That one hit is a home run. So maybe he repeats that We'll see lots to do here tonight. Overcast guys here in Pittsburgh. We may see some more rain before it's all over, but we are expecting an on time start from PNC Park.
Speaker 3: Tim All right, thank you guys.
Speaker 5: As we got down to first pitch, Dodger fans get that game day meal on and.
Speaker 3: Shaky's Pizza Parlor.
Speaker 5: What are your Shaky's Pizza Shake and e Moojo's Right now dot Com, we're off and running here on Wrongo Casino. Dodgers on deck. Coming up, you're gonna hear from the manager Dave Robbers. David Vessaie checks in throughout the hour. He goes one on one with Bob Nightingale from the USA Today covered the Dodgers for a long time with the La Times as a beat rider.
Speaker 3: Now longtime baseball.
Speaker 5: Columnists, we'll get his thoughts from a national perspective. That's all coming up as we lead job to Dodgers Empires from PNC Park in Pittsburgh on this Thursday. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim kats As the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunter Game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: It's the Dodgers and the Pirates on this Thursday afternoon, final game of the three games series. Justin Robleski and Mitch Keller the pitching matchup as the rain has blown through and looking good as the tarp has come off the field at pns See Park.
Speaker 3: First pitch set for three forty.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewide.
Speaker 2: Otani ready to go. His two to two pitch to Brian Reynolds is on the way. Reynolds swings and strikes out one hundred mile an hour fastball and a one to two delivery from Otani and he gets him looking a ten lizing sweeper caught a bunch of the plate. Back to back strikeouts for Otani on that pitch. He's now got six strikeouts in the game. Rojas off of first, Soto set to deliver and his pitch on the way and Otani swings hits a drive to center field, indeed heading back toward the bullpen to the wall and his car home run. Show hey o' tony home run number twelve on the first pitch he sees from Soto.
Speaker 1: It's a one run ball game.
Speaker 2: It is nine to eight.
Speaker 5: Show hey Otani with the two run home run in the ninth inn he bought the damage had already been done. Showy Otani the pitcher and no decision. Six and two third innings, four run, six hits, three earn run, six strikeouts, three walks. Sees his era balloon to one point zero six on this season. Dodgers loose to the Pirates yesterday nine to eight.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 3: Hey Kirson now joined us. Brought to by Cars for Kids.
Speaker 5: Dont now at Carsfurkids dot org All right, it's been a few days. We saw it coming, but Will Smith officially to the IL.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and we got to the chance to just check in with We'll have a conversation with him this afternoon and he shared that this neck stiffness that he's been dealing with, it was something that he just woke up with it. Unfortunately, as we are getting older, that is something that does happen for all of us. We all can relate to that. But he said, you know, it was in Arizona, so when the team's on the road, and he was able to play through it at the beginning, even that first day where it was really bothering him, that was the game where she had a double, and so it wasn't impacting him.
Speaker 9: Until of course it was.
Speaker 8: And so with that, he just felt like whether it was how he was turning his neck trying to see the picture, swinging the bat, obviously playing catch, he's as much as he's been.
Speaker 9: Able to do a little bit of that right now, that's.
Speaker 8: Where it was really causing him some pain where he just felt like he couldn't be behind the play and in a position to help support the team. So ultimately, it more of right now is just some inflammation that he's dealing in his neck, dealing with kind of a disc on his right side. He doesn't really have any high level of concern or anything when it comes to that. So he's hopeful that once this ten day IL stint comes to an end, which it was backdated to June eighth, he feels that he should be good to go.
Speaker 5: Dodgers making a move Chucky Robinson gets called up.
Speaker 3: He's been in the league a couple of times.
Speaker 8: He has, and of course you know he's been with spring training with Dodgers as well. He's with the team last year got called up for a little bit similar situation in which Will Smith as well as Dalton Rushing. Of course, we're dealing with a little bit of injuries at the back end of last year. So the good news is that he knows the pitching staff well. Especially they also have to think we've had a lot of guys on the IL. That means that they've been with the Triple A OKC team and they've been rehabbing.
Speaker 9: So he has worked a lot with the pictures.
Speaker 8: So he's gonna actually have the start tomorrow in Chicago against the White Sox and then should have another one in that raise series when the Dodgers come back to Los Angeles.
Speaker 9: So they feel really good as to where.
Speaker 8: He is and even with talking to him, he's felt like while he hasn't really made any mechanical changes per se, he just feels like he's in a good groove offensively, and so hopefully when his name is called he can have some not only contribute behind the play, but even you know, offensively as well well.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers need to get back on track Tonight's really the bullpen needs to get back on track and get out.
Speaker 3: Of Pittsburgh with the series. Winn Kirsten, we appreciate it. Stay dry, let's at the rain mood through. That is certainly a good side. We'll talk to you after the game.
Speaker 5: Still, they come here on Wrongo because you know, Dodgers on Deck will dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Vatsa joins us throughout the hour. We'll hear from Charlie Steiner as well. But I'm next we get an injury your report and we'll check in with the manager Dave Roberts Dodgers Empires on this Thursday afternoon. I'm Tim Katz's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo, a Sino Dodgers on Tech on your home for the Blue all season.
Speaker 5: Long, Morongo because Cino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Thursday afternoons. He leads you up to first pitch Dodgers and Pirates, final game of his three game set, Marogo Casino Resort and Spy a Grand Slam, four good times. Justin Robleski on the mound first pitch, coming up at three forty, He's.
Speaker 1: The LA Dodgers injury.
Speaker 5: Report is it by UCLA Healthy official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Will Smith officially goes to the IL Retroactives last week with neck inflammation. Chuckie Robinson gets called up from Triple A ok SE Adult Rushill be behind the plate though tonight starting for the Dodgers to ask her Hernandez on the I yelt the left hamstring strain, kyk Hernandez on the iel with the left O leak injury, Tyler Glass now Blake Snell and when Diaz all working their way back from injuries. Brock Stewart on the I yel at the left bone spur in his foots he is throwing off a mountain sin games and Tommy Heman continues his minor league rehab assignment covering from off season ankle surgery, we head back out to Pittsburgh and check it with the Dodger skibber.
Speaker 1: Some questions for Dave, Dave, can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts with Dave Robberts.
Speaker 10: I see Chucky catching tomorrow, catching rookie tomorrow, and then Dalton will probably catch Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and then I Chuck you will catch Tuesday, and then you know, then we have the off day on Thursday, I think, and then hopefully at that point in time, you know there's a real conversation that we'll.
Speaker 8: We'll be back with He was mentioning that it's just kind of the inflemation on that right side potentially disrelated. Does that have any concern for you or you just feel based off what he's been telling you that a just ten day stint could be a good spot for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I think that's more.
Speaker 10: It's just kind of talking to Will, talking to the trainers, and just not really wanting it to go in reverse. And I think that it's certainly probably playable if we needed, but to what cost? And I think that right now, I just don't think it's smart to, you know, run Will out there just because he's Will Smith and he'll do it. We got to take care of his health for this year, and so I think that I don't think it's a serious thing, but I do think that us taking care of it right now on the front end will pay benefits, you know later.
Speaker 7: On preferences or concerns about who you are chucky with.
Speaker 10: As far as the picture, no, I think the only person I really feel really convicted on is having rushing with show Hey, just because I think he's just been around show hay More.
Speaker 5: All right, there's a manager, Dave Roberts, talking about what they're going to do with the cat catching situation between Dalton Russian and Chuckie Robinson. Moving forward again, Will Smith going to the injured list. So we continue here on Moroco Casino Dodgers on Deck. We check in with the David Vasse as we lead up to first pitch from Pittsburgh Dodgers and Pirates. I'm Tim Kates is back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Aldyo Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: Dodgers Empirates squaring off one final time from Pittsburgh Dodgers Baseball, brought to by Alpoto, born in La Made for your game. Dale Poto brings authentic Mexican style tomato, sauces, salses and hot sauces right to your table every single time.
Speaker 3: El Poto Gourmet and a.
Speaker 1: Can joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 4: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse right DV.
Speaker 5: Alex Frielan made the opening day roster, starting second basement. Got a lot of runway as day Roberts like to say, to start the season, got sitting down.
Speaker 3: Was certainly disappointed.
Speaker 5: But this second time around, Alex Freelands look different, hasn't he?
Speaker 2: He really has.
Speaker 4: The one thing that's remained the same is the solid defense in the field for the game at second base. Since he was recalled from Oklahoma City twelve games ago, he has thirty at bats and his OPS is eight oh five compared to where it was before in his first thirty three games this season a six forty six OPS and the strikeout to walk ratio is much better. It's like what we saw in spring training. He struck out seven times so far and has six walks since returning from Oklahoma City. Maybe his best game of the year was on the last road trip, where he had four hits. I had a chance to catch up with him right after that game, and obviously feeling good about himself.
Speaker 3: It's a night and day difference. I feel like myself, I feel.
Speaker 11: Like I'm having fun and it's just fun. Yeah.
Speaker 4: It just seems a lot more comfortable this time around, and I think he understands what it's like to be here, what's expected being here now for a third different time. So until tom Yedman returns, Alex Friedman is Alex Freeman is going to be the starting second baseman.
Speaker 5: Dan is brought to you by Ford Here for those who build America, especially those who believe they given everything today will pay off tomorrow, for those who drive America forward for two hundred and fifty years to come. Right now, Ford is offering employee pricing to everyone. Get to your Southern California Ford Dealers today or by fordnow dot com. All right, we're getting closer and closer to that trade deadline, David, It's still about a month and a half away, but we're getting closer.
Speaker 3: Trek Scouble. What's the latest on the trade rumors.
Speaker 4: Well, the biggest thing everybody keeps talking about Trek Scouble. He's actually returning on Saturday, just over a month after having that nanoscope procedure on his left pitching elbow. That's significant news as it surrounds Tarrek Scubel. But my understanding is the Tigers are going to take this closer to the end of July, if not on the trading deadline of August two, to see how far they're out, whether or not they got back into the wildcard race or at the very least the Al Central race, because that's more that's more realistic for them to be able to get into the postseason winning their division. They're eight games back, they're twenty nine to forty. The chances of that happening are not high, but the Tigers GM Scott Harris. My understanding is he's going to wait until, at the very least, like I said, the end of July before making a decision on whether or not the Tigers wave the white flag on the season and trade Tarrek Scuble. But Saturday is a big day and I think for all teams, they all want to see how Scooble looks coming off that nanoscope procedure where doctor elatrosh removed one bone chip from that left elbow. It only took thirty minutes, so not very invasive at all.
Speaker 5: All right, David, We're gonna see Justin Robleski get the start today, chance to get to his eighth win of this season. He's been really good and consistent for this Dodgers team this year when they needed him. Does he have a case to get to Philadelphia for this All Star Game?
Speaker 4: I think he does. I mean, you look at the Dodgers locks. In my opinion, it's a Pajez, it's Otani, it's Muncie and Yamamoto. For me, those are the locks. And how could you say no to Justin Robleski, especially if he wins tonight's game and his era is under three. So I know he's not a household name, but he's a guy that certainly has earned a lot of attention, and it's gonna have to come from the players and coaches votes to get Robleski on there. I know Dave Roberts is the manager, maybe he has some say if guys can't pitch on that Midsummer Classic in Philly.
Speaker 2: But I feel like if Robleski.
Speaker 4: Continues to get closer to ten wins before the first half is over and his era is under three, you gotta believe he's joining those other stars.
Speaker 5: Let's hope he can get to Philadelphia, all right, David, appreciate well, check back you with you just a little bit coming up here. I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. We'll get you your magical moment and we'll hear from Charlie Steinder. Don't forget d V will be back and go one on one with Bob Nightingale from the USA Today as we leads up to Dodgers and Pirates. I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers hunting on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: It's the Dodgers Empire. It's one final time from Pittsburgh. Just Robleski Mitch Keller the pitching matchup of the series finale first but set for three forty.
Speaker 1: I do here.
Speaker 2: Who wants a hot cut?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfe Magical Moment. Bitch Magical presented by Hawpy Hot Jobs.
Speaker 5: Well, the Dodgers taken on the Pire. As we go back in time nineteen seventy four, the NLCS Game four, Dodgers and Buckos.
Speaker 12: Our heartiest congratulations to every one of the twenty five players. It has been a long year and at no time did they quit on themselves and it as sure paid off.
Speaker 3: Shoatall got him swinging.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers are the champions.
Speaker 11: Of the National League.
Speaker 5: Well, there is the great Ven Scully with the call as the Dodgers beat the Pirates in the nineteen seventy four NLCS to win the pennant for the first time since nineteen sixty six. By the way, that matchup in the NLCS in nineteen seventy four the only time the Dodgers and Pirates ever faced off against each other in the postseason. This Hofey Magical moment brought to by Hofey Hot Dogs, Hoffey so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years Offfey Hot Dogs, Local and so great. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check in with Charlie Steider. It leads up to first pitch Dodgers and the Pirates from Pittsburgh. I'm Tim Kason's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue all season.
Speaker 5: Law Law Dodgers and Pirates one more time from Pittsburgh. Rebord game of this three game set, Dodgers won the opener, had the lead yesterday, only to see it dissipate and lose Justin Robleski on the mound today in the series finale. Time now for the Verizon startup as we are thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now for Yson, you can lock in that low price for three years so you can save big. Visit your so called for rising store today we say hello to Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 1: All right, Tim.
Speaker 6: The rubber game of the three game series, the Pirates came from behind last night, beating the Dodgers nine to eight. Having said that, the Dodgers still at forty three and twenty five in first place, seven and a half in front of the Padres, eight and a half in front of Arizona. The Dodgers have won five of eight, twelve of seventeen, fourteen of twenty and nineteen of their last thirty and are on a pace to win one hundred and two games. Despite last night's lost, the Buccos at thirty five and thirty three in third place in the.
Speaker 2: National League Central.
Speaker 6: Everybody's been talking about the Knicks and the Spurs last night and the excitement and one of the things bo in general, that game, the way it played itself out, that is why we like sports. We don't know what's gonna happen, but when it does, it does something to us that few other escapades can.
Speaker 7: Yeah, let me just let people in on a little bit. I gave you a call immediately after the Knicks that miraculous come from behind because you had been since you were a kid, a fan of the New York Knickaboxers and the basketball team, so you were kind of celebrating. And I don't think there was anybody that thought there was a chance looking at that game. There are a lot of people here in Pittsburgh didn't think there's a chance for the Pirates to come back last night. But that's happened. And once you come into the ballpark, you truly never know what's going to happen. In the sporting event.
Speaker 2: Itself.
Speaker 1: That's why we love sports.
Speaker 6: So Otani last night pitched reasonably well, left the game leading six to three after six and two thirds. Dodgers are only six and five and his eleven starts this year, so that is fascinating. But what is perhaps a bit more problematic the bullpen has become an issue.
Speaker 7: It has with the number of runs that may give it up now recently in the number of innings pitch that used to be closed the door. The game's over once the Dodgers turn it over to the bullpen.
Speaker 1: That has not been the.
Speaker 7: Case, as you mentioned of recent times. And I do know, and not giving away trade secrets, that there were some conversations going on between a couple of coaches and a couple of relievers. By chance, they talk every day to begin with and getting ready for the game, but there were maybe some in depth conversations about maybe not pitch selection, but maybe refining pitches just to make sure everybody gets back on track. It's something's done each and every day during his season. It's nothing out of the ordinary. But the coaches do a wonderful job and keeping in touch with the players and also not letting them get too frustrated and get down on things.
Speaker 6: Last fourteen games, the bullpen era seven seventy one, opponent's hitting two to eighty three against him, and they've given up twelve home runs in forty two innings. And so while the Dodgers starters have been terrific of late, the bullpen is beginning to spring some leaks.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and some of the guys have to figure out a way to carry the load on top of it. Can't keep going to the same guys over and over and over. Bessie came into the seventh inning and retired the last batter that he was going to face and then turn it over to the rest of the bullpen. Kyle Hurt had trouble, and then for Jack Dryer, and he continues to ask some probble and the home runs are being given up late in the ballgames. Pittsburgh Pirates, I mentioned before Game one of this series. Don't take the Pirates for granted because they score runs. In fact, I'll repeat it again, when you look at the run scored for the Pittsburgh Pirates, they came in a last night's game sixth highest run scored in all of baseball, and they proved that again last night.
Speaker 6: Pitching matchup tonight for the Dodgers. Robleski seven and two, most wins of any Dodger starter, a two sixty two er, that's the second lowest ra among all the Dodgers starters. He's held opponents to a two to fourteen average his last start at Arizona six scoreless. In fact, his last two starts one earned run in thirteen innings, thirteen strikeouts, two walks. Facing Mitch Keller, who has had his head handed to him in his last five starts. So the Dodgers are sending out a very hot starter in rob Leski tonight.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's been a breath of fresh air, and especially coming in with injuries in that starting rotation, gonna be interesting to watch. Freddy Freeman also against Keller tonight. You mentioned Keller has had some difficulty, in particular the last couple of outings, but he's had difficulty with Freddy Freeman. How much difficulty? Well, Freeman has faced him eighteen times. How's he done? He has nine hits, so that's not bad. He hitting five hundred. We'll see what happens tonight in that matchup.
Speaker 6: Freeman has been red hot the last three weeks or so the Dodgers at forty three and twenty five, the rubber game of the three game set. Next stop to the South side of Chicago, the baddest part of town, a three game series with the White Sox after tonight's game in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 5: All right, thank you, Charlie, as we get you ready for this one in Pittsburgh to wrap up this three game series Dodgers Baseball presented by Uniclow Field at Dodgers Stadium's a uniclow dot com slash us coming up here on Dodgers on Deck. Tim and Rick will get you those keys to the game. We'll previe this pitching matchup. But up next we'll get a national perspective on this Dodgers team, the NL West and baseball as a whole from Bob Knightgale from the USA today. Next, as we leave up to Dodgers and Pirates, I'm Tim Katson at the back to back World Series champion Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Oh do you network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: It's the Dodgers and Pirates on this Thursday afternoon. The rain is coming gone, the tarp is off the field, and the grounds crew working on the field as we speak, leading up to Justin Robleski and Mitch Keller.
Speaker 3: The pitching matchup.
Speaker 5: First pitch is set and will happen at three forty Dodgers Baseball brought to by Shakey's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game day, it's group day at Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 4: We're getting set for first pitch between the Dodgers and Pirates, and we're joined right now by one of the best national riders in the country, that is USA Today's own Bob Ninguel. Bob, thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 11: I appreciate it, My Butcher, thanks, thanks as always, David.
Speaker 4: A little known fact, Bob Nightingale covered the Dodgers once upon a time for the La Times. What do you remember the most about your experience covering the Dodgers on a daily basis in the eighties and nineties.
Speaker 13: You know, I was actually living in northern San Diego and so traffic wasn't that bad. I originally with the La Times to cover the Potres and the Angels and the Dodgers.
Speaker 11: So yeah, great time.
Speaker 13: It was a fun thing and nothing there was nothing like Vero Beach. I still remember it was a guy no one want to call his name. Out was suburban paper. So it was the lockout year. So it was actually a long spring. You remember that the food was unbelievable Vero Beach. You know, you're drinking every night and stuff. This guy gained forty pounds in spring training?
Speaker 11: Was that eighty one? No, no, this is a lockout for ninety four ninety five.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, so you were you were stuck in the lockout at Vero Beach, Florida.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it was unbelievable.
Speaker 13: So, you know, had all replacement players, Tommy holding court every day, and I just thought that was so cool. You know, you're doing your stories or someone asking for your what cocktail you want your dining? You know there's Colfax in one chair, there's Drysdale. But you know, it was just a great time.
Speaker 4: The new generation only knows Eric Carrows as the broadcaster, but ninety four ninety three when you were covering the Dodgers. Mike Piazza and Eric Carrows were the two biggest stars in LA at that time. What do you remember the most about covering Mike Piazza and Eric Carross the players with the Dodgers.
Speaker 13: Yeah, just had how much fun they used to have. I mean they were the Golden Boys, the Gamoral Boys. Think I lived together at that point in Manhattan Beach and uh so, yeah, it was fun. Uh you know, remember going on the road with those guys and just it was like one big family. But yeah, tremendous guys. And then both guys were a blasphy around and it was it was it was a fun time.
Speaker 11: I mean, I uh, you know, will never see those times again. Those a blast back then.
Speaker 2: Bob Night.
Speaker 4: Gail is our guest for USA Today. You were with the Dodgers when they were in Arizona last week. What do you take away from your time being around the team and just the perception of the Dodgers around Major League Baseball Just how.
Speaker 11: Deep they are.
Speaker 13: I mean, they've had all these injuries. You know, Lookie Betts has come back. You'll struggle a little bit, obviously, some guys haven't performed like they hoped. You know, they loser Snell and Glass now and they don't blink. That's amazing, you know, like we talked about David, I mean, having you know, eleven twelve home drawn players is amazing and they haven't they haven't blinked. And you know how many teams can survive losing this many players and you know, two fists or a string rotation and say hey, we're fine.
Speaker 11: And you know they give them credit. I mean a lot of patients.
Speaker 13: I mean everyone in Sasaki back in the Miron leagues, at least in the bullpen. They said, no, he'll be fine, he'll be fine, and sure enough, you know he's pitching better than ever.
Speaker 2: Bob.
Speaker 4: We are witnessing maybe the greatest player of all time and maybe the greatest season of all time. And show, hey, Otani, is there anything more that can be added to what he's doing? Are are we failing to appreciate fully what we are watching in real time?
Speaker 13: I think we are. I mean now we're gonna tanking, for granted, A mess of them are. When he came over his first spring training, people said, oh, he's a bust. He's never going to do this, and uh, I remembera coming the Dodgers with the Hideo Nomo and they said the same thing about Nomo. But just you know, uh, you know, each row a lot of times when the guys come from Japan, it's just the first spring, it's filling out process and one's lights come on, they turn it on and sure enough, I mean I was looking to fit way too much time looking up.
Speaker 11: Babe Ruth's best years in.
Speaker 13: Uh, you know, pitching and hitting, you know, and never you know, did he win over you know, ten games and hit over twenty home runs? So we always say, oh, best player, says s Babe Roof. Well maybe he's the best player ever, you know. And going past Babe.
Speaker 4: Roof, yeah, I mean you can't even compare the talent level that Otani is facing each and every night as a hitter compared to who Babe Ruth faced as a hitter when he was playing.
Speaker 11: Absolutely And I was stunned.
Speaker 13: You know, when the the game last week when he pitched against the Diamondbacks, he was on base five times. I think he was on you know, I don't remember him going the dugoup maybe once.
Speaker 11: And I was talking mcguil Rojas.
Speaker 13: After that game, he says, I don't think he sat down the entire time, but just his energy level. I thought for sure when he was, you know, hang on the bases and having to rush in and you know, grab his glove to wear him out.
Speaker 11: Never did.
Speaker 4: Hey, Bob, what would it take for Otani to get the vote over at Christopher Sanchez or Jacob Mazerowski to win the cy Young He's never won that award.
Speaker 11: What would it take.
Speaker 13: I think he's staggering ERA certainly below two, maybe below you know one six, something like that. Uh, you know, certainly blow one will do it. So he's knocking at the innings those two wetter guys. You know, he's you know, going to be on the edge of qualifying. He's got to make sure to qualify and win the ERA title. And I think Dave Robert says to be cogniz of that. To make sare he gets a horn sixty two winnings, so he qualifies as long as he does that, you know, if he wins the er Towel, particularly a low himount, I like his chances over Misrowski, you know, in a Sanchez as well. And we'll see about those guys. Can keep it up. You know, mis Roskiet thrown that hard. Not many pitches, you know, you almost you know, rush your fingers. I got to hope this kid never gets hurt.
Speaker 4: Well, it's not out of the realm of possibility. It's not out of the question for Otani to win the cy Young and MVP, because Clayton Kershaw did that not so long ago in twenty fourteen.
Speaker 13: Oh absolutely, you know, Justin Verlander did it too, and I think right now he's by far the runaway winner for the MVP.
Speaker 11: I don't think there's any many close to him MVP wise, not even Matt Olsen.
Speaker 13: I don't uh, you know, Matt Olson's had a great year, but still there's just a big gap between and of course the the catcher ball when he was doing great too win Atlanta until he got hurt, and he'll take some boats away, But no, I think it's I think that's a big, big gap.
Speaker 11: I really do, Bob.
Speaker 4: Thanks a lot for the time, and look forward to seeing you in the postseason with the Dodgers.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 13: I think I've covered every postseason game since the COVID year, so two thousand and one on, So look forward to it.
Speaker 11: As always, David, thank you.
Speaker 7: There.
Speaker 4: He is Bob nine Guil from USA today has been our guest. He'll receive a gift card to Capitol Grill and Burbank stylish food, stylish restaurant and a place that Bob nine Guil can feel comfortable in. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 3: Tim, all right, thanks a lot of DV.
Speaker 5: Great to hear Bob Night and Gale get his perspective on this Dodgers team and the NL West. As we lead you up to first pitch from Pittsburgh. Up NAXT, We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Don't you go anywhere. This is Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: It's a Dodgers Empirates rubber game of this three games set.
Speaker 3: First pinch from Pittsburgh coming up at three forty.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchouts.
Speaker 3: Got to you buy your Toyota dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 5: Mitch Keller on the mound for Pittsburgh five and three, four eighty one. Eer Ray, a thirty year old right hander, eighth season in the Big leagues, all with the Pirates fastball sweeper sinker, making his fourteenth start this year. The last two starts have been rough. He has given up a combined thirteen earned runs. Last time out four to two third innings six runs on seven hits on the loss of the Atlanta Braves. Keller as a six to fifty nine r Ray in six career starts against the Dodgers, he had a no decision after allowing three runs over six innings and his last start against him, which came on April twenty sixth last year at Dodgers Stadium. His last start against the Dodgers at PNC Park April twenty seventh, twenty twenty three. He won that decision. He had ten strikeouts over six innings. Justin Robleski on the mound for the Dodgers seven and two with the two to sixty two r Ray, the twenty five year old left hander in his season. Third season now in the big leagues as a full time member of the rotation, He's been really good, making his eleven start twelfth appearance, He's got sixty eight and two third innings underneath his belt already, which is now a career high. He is looking to become the seventh member of the eight win club in the major leagues, in the fifth in the National League. Last time out, six shutout innings for Justin Robleski against the Arizona Diamondbacks last week, he scattered six hits while striking out four. He was on his way to a win until the Dodgers lost and he got a no decision.
Speaker 3: In Phoenix.
Speaker 5: He has faced the Pittsburgh Pirates one time in his young career, September third, last year. In relief, he went two scoreless Indians while not allowing to hit and striking.
Speaker 3: Out a pair. Justin Robleski Mitch Keller.
Speaker 5: The pitching matchup Dodgers Empirates in this finale. After today, the Dodgers will hop aboard their charter head to Chicago for a three game series against the White Sox on the South side of Chicago, and then head back home. But first things first, take care of business tonight and get this series win against the Buckos. We're fifteen minutes away for first pitch, keys to the game. Our next, Tim Kates, is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tack on your Home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 5: Dodgers and Pirates squaring off one more time at PNC Parks. Justin Robleski Mitch Keller the pitching matchup in the series finale.
Speaker 3: As we get you ready.
Speaker 5: For the start of the game on this Thursday with the Sapporo Start get great moments started with Sapporo Beer, whatever your taste preference. Sapporo has you covered with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beers. Sapporo good with sushi, great with baseball. Before first pitch, we head back out to the booth one final time. Tim never Rickmundy, Guys.
Speaker 2: Tim, thanks again. We're counting you down to the first pitch. Tonight in Pittsburgh, the final game of this three games sent even at a win apiece after the Pirates largest comeback win of the season last night, down six to one, came back to win at nine to eight. Tonight, Justin Robleski gets the call. He is seven and two on a two six two earned run average. Robusky's pitching quite well and it seems like he has figured a lot of things out ball pitching with a ton of confidence.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and four and one on the road with an ERA is two point three to one. On top of that, just one home run of the four that he has served up this year have been away from Dodgers Stadium, so he has really been a breath of fresh air when desperately needed. Because the injuries into starting rotation until those guys get back, Robleski has really worked in there very steadily. Dodgers have to figure out Mitch Keller. They've seen him before. And for Keller, if you look at home, his ERA is higher than it is on the road. The other part two is that a Keller, he's given up seven stolen bases. Now that may sound a little bit high, but consider the pack last year he gave up twenty three, so he's improved in that area. He may cut down in the running game.
Speaker 2: So the left handed starter formula for the Pirates has not been good. They've got the second worst record tied with the Rockies at five I haven twelve against left handed starters this year. So the Dodgers hoping that comes into play as they try to pick up a win and take this series and block up their forty fourth victory of the year. Dodgers and the Pirates from PNC Park, coming up shortly, Jim all Right.
Speaker 5: First pitch, right around the corner. Dodgers forty three and twenty five. They go into play seven and a half games up on the San Diego Padres, who are idle today. They finished off their series in Cincinnati yesterday with the win off. Today they start a three game weekend set in Baltimore over the weekend against the Orioles. Meanwhile, the Arizon and Diamondbacks already lost today.
Speaker 3: They got shut out.
Speaker 5: To nothing in Miami by the Marlins. So the Diamondbacks, losers of three in a row, are now nine games back in the division. So Dodgers seven and a half games up, a chance to get a half game even further ahead of San Diego with a win today. Take care of business, Dodgers, let's go. First pitches next from P and C Park. Enjoyed, everybody. I'm Tim Kates and this has been Moroco Casino Dodgers on deck on your home in the back to back World.
Speaker 3: Series, Champion Dodgers. Audio Network Exton