Speaker 1: How old are you? If you don't mind my asking.
Speaker 2: I'm twenty four.
Speaker 3: Ooh, okay, you're a little out of the normal realm for this. I'm gonna ask anyway, because maybe maybe you're lucky.
Speaker 1: Maybe you're lucky.
Speaker 3: Have you ever experienced a sudden sharp like almost like an electric shock, like pain in or around your rectum area?
Speaker 4: No? Not really no?
Speaker 1: When you say not really like, I feel like that's a yes.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think so, like nothing that is ever like whoa, and that it's gone just like in moments at No, okay, now, Diana, as I went through that, does that bring familiar I don't think so.
Speaker 1: A sudden sharp.
Speaker 3: Like almost like an electric shock, like pain in and around your rectum area, can't say like literally stop you in your tracks?
Speaker 5: No, like I feel like i'd remember that.
Speaker 3: Like almost like almost like Some people refer to it as like a burning sensation. Some people refer to it as like like you ever get it where like.
Speaker 1: Like sometimes you get like a shooting pain in your arm.
Speaker 5: And if you think a heart attack.
Speaker 1: I mean you can, I normally don't, but like where.
Speaker 6: It can also hit your elbow funny and it's just shooting.
Speaker 3: Exactly exactly, but like sometimes you get it in your shoulder and you're like, whoa dog? And then just as quickly and as I don't want to say painfully, but it it catches you as.
Speaker 5: Quickly as it's there, it's gone, it's gone.
Speaker 6: It happened to me all the time as a kid, really, and my brother, Yeah, we called it the butt problem.
Speaker 3: Oh, you've mentioned that before. You've mentioned that before. That's on the young end. That's on the young end.
Speaker 6: It hasn't happened to me in twenty five years, maybe thirty years.
Speaker 1: Did you ever see a doctor for it? No?
Speaker 6: No, I just one day saw my brother react to what looked like a butt problem, and I said, did you just have something?
Speaker 3: It's painful, it's almost they say, it's almost like lightning in your ass.
Speaker 6: It will knock you over. That's how sudden and shocking. The feeling is, right, But it's not. It's not a shock, no, just it is shockings to have it. Yes, it just kind of shoots.
Speaker 5: You up straight and there's and there's nothing you can.
Speaker 6: Do and it lasts, or at least for me, just for a couple of seconds.
Speaker 1: It's not How often did you have them.
Speaker 6: I would say once or twice a month.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, what yeah, no, that sounds right, Yeah yeah, I don't know what it was, but it went away.
Speaker 1: It is referred to now tell you can you look this up?
Speaker 3: Some people refer to it as lightning ass or lightning butt.
Speaker 6: Where are we looking this up? WebMD?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know that WebMD is going to have it. I would just start with a general search butt.
Speaker 7: Lightning or proctalgia fugas is a sudden.
Speaker 3: Sharp proctalgia fugas exactly is.
Speaker 7: A sudden, sharp, shooting pain in the rectum or anus, lasting seconds to minutes, often from anal sphincter muscle spasms bingo, sometimes linked to periods or pregnancy.
Speaker 1: Okay, Tyler didn't have either of those.
Speaker 7: Well, I'm just saying it's it's just because he and his brother had it. It's not like women can't suffer from this. It's both genders manageable with relaxation, warm baths, stretching, and avoiding constipation.
Speaker 3: Won if it's tied, is anyone purposely trying to get constipation?
Speaker 1: Are we all trying to avoid?
Speaker 7: Doctors should rule out other serious causes like fissures or nerve issues.
Speaker 6: But but could this be tied to our reluctance to go to the bathroom at school? Oh when you were holding it in Maybe I never went once, maybe in eighteen years.
Speaker 3: That is the most amazing thing to make I'm not alone, the more of us goers.
Speaker 5: Than nobody wanted to go in high school? Are you kidding?
Speaker 1: School all the time?
Speaker 6: Or middle school or no?
Speaker 3: And by the way, elementary school, when you've got the bathroom right outside the door of your.
Speaker 7: And ones that have the class bathroom that used to use it all the time, uh uh all the time?
Speaker 3: That was that is that's the second best one, the one like my elementary school. I told you this because what was her name, Carla used to be in her pants all the time. But our elementary school, there was the classroom, and right outside the front door of the classroom, right there, like in the vestibule, if you will, there was that. That's where the that's where the one header was. That was the best place to dump because you weren't.
Speaker 1: In the class.
Speaker 3: You were actually out of class and you were making duty in the class. That never bothered me either closed the door.
Speaker 1: And then all through middle school and high school, I dumped in school.
Speaker 5: No, not if I had a gun to my head. Are you kidding?
Speaker 1: A lot of us did.
Speaker 3: But maybe maybe that is why they said twenty percent of people have this.
Speaker 1: I've never had it. I've never had it.
Speaker 6: It's nice to hear that there's a company with the misery.
Speaker 3: But I've never I've also, I don't think I've ever been constipated in my life.
Speaker 1: No I have, because remember I did have to use that big pen once.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, to get it out.
Speaker 1: It was unbelievable.
Speaker 3: If I would have had a phone. Oh I'm talking to Chris, I's gonna say.
Speaker 5: I can hear her laughing through the wall. So one in five are we in one year?
Speaker 6: Though? Is it just something that doesn't indicate there's a bigger problem.
Speaker 3: No, they just said that most like I think Diana was pretty close on it.
Speaker 1: I just I don't know what we're calling it.
Speaker 3: But they said a lot of time, it is a muscle spasm in your sphincter.
Speaker 6: It definitely you just your whole body would straight and stiffened, and you just have to survive the pain.
Speaker 8: The short ride minutes, God, it sucks scale of one to ten, see, but for you it's a little different though, because to ask when you were a kid like that had to be.
Speaker 1: That had to be terrifying.
Speaker 3: As a child, because you would think, you would think your tushy's on fire.
Speaker 6: I mean terrifying maybe exaggeration.
Speaker 3: It was if I were a kid and all of a sudden it felt like there was a bolt of lightning in my tushy.
Speaker 6: I feel like we're focusing a lot on like just the rectum. I almost feel like it went to my lower back.
Speaker 5: I said, a lot of people with sciatica can have it too.
Speaker 3: Lebron maybe, but Sciatica's nerves.
Speaker 5: Sciatica's like muscle back pain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but doesn't it run off that nerve for sciatica?
Speaker 5: I guess, I mean, I guess the nerve is related to it.
Speaker 6: But so it went into your back, I feel like it did. Again, it hasn't happened. Do people who have a younger out of it?
Speaker 3: They said, it's most It most often hits people between the age of thirty and sixty. So that's why with Kelly, when she said she was twenty four, I was like, maybe she hasn't gotten hers yet.
Speaker 6: And what was the actual name, not the nickname?
Speaker 1: Well, no, they they believe that let me, let me jump in and help you here.
Speaker 3: They believe that it could be caused by several different things.
Speaker 1: One of them is proctalgia.
Speaker 5: Fugax, Yeah, few GaX.
Speaker 3: And that is the spasm of the anal thincter that causes sudden rectal pain. And they do say avoid constipation.
Speaker 1: Get out.
Speaker 5: Apparently a lot of people suffer during their period.
Speaker 1: So, okay, I am Tyler didn't have a period. He was too young.
Speaker 5: It's because of the uterine contractions.
Speaker 3: Okay, but is that is that because I was reading about this? Is that different though? Because this is specifically for the tushy?
Speaker 1: Is there also like a lightning in the bagoon?
Speaker 7: No, it says, but it still gets you in the butt uterine contractions that affect your rectal muscles.
Speaker 6: Haven't we talked about lightning crops before?
Speaker 9: That?
Speaker 1: Isn't that during pregnancy?
Speaker 6: Yes, I want to say so as well. Yeah it might. That might not have to be.
Speaker 3: By the way, if you add this to a couple of weeks ago, we've learned a lot about periods in the last month.
Speaker 1: No, because remember we learned women farts smell worse when I have their periods. Got to help her on the buses. Right now? Where am I going?
Speaker 10: Line?
Speaker 4: Fo?
Speaker 10: Hi Elliet in the morning, Good morning class?
Speaker 1: Hey who's this?
Speaker 10: This is Rochelle in Richmond.
Speaker 1: Hey you got you got lightning in your butt?
Speaker 10: For years, I've had it on and on off. It's been fascinating. I can't say that it necessarily went with my monthly visitor, but I have a lot of ikick, a lot of the boxes that you guys have been mentioning, so I it would be surprised if I didn't have this lightning. But everything lightning.
Speaker 1: In your butt? Lightning in your butt?
Speaker 3: Hey, what what is the Let me ask you this. Let me ask you this though, Like how often are you getting it?
Speaker 10: Oh? Maybe once a blue moon? I mean once or twice?
Speaker 3: And like is it like is it like Tyler said, like it'll it'll it'll shoot you straight up?
Speaker 10: Like, oh my god, Oh yes, you sit up straight? You can. You suck in a real hard bit of air. You cannot exhale. Right, you are body tents from your toes to your nose and you just have to wait for it to stop.
Speaker 3: Do you ever feel it? Do you ever feel it get into your lower back? Or is it really just your sphincternus.
Speaker 10: No, it's almost like someone has taken a cattle prod and gone right up the back door and up your spine.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: No, by the way, well put well.
Speaker 3: Put voice experience you ever tell the doctor no.
Speaker 4: I used to.
Speaker 10: Work for an obg y N. And they said it's common. Oh and that. Yes, constipation is a situation to try and deal with. And stay hydrated is another one. Also, don't don't slouch in your chair because it puts your back and your hips and your pelvis all in a bad position.
Speaker 3: It also balls up your duty.
Speaker 10: Whoa I can imagine, Yes, that would exactly one thing follows another.
Speaker 3: Yep, turn your no, turn your body into an ass, and it balls up your duty.
Speaker 1: If you sit straight, it's just one long.
Speaker 5: Tube posture is important.
Speaker 1: All right, Very good, very good, Thank you, ma'am, thank you. By the way, can I can.
Speaker 3: I say this, I'm glad that she talked to her her obg yn. Yeah, because one of the things they said in here is a lot of people just don't say anything. They're like, ooh uh, I'm not saying anything about that.
Speaker 6: Two dms. One is from a senior in high school and she says, I will never dump that school anymore. Too many people vape in there these days.
Speaker 1: You're killing my smell.
Speaker 6: Sounds like Captain crunch and pooh, and then another one. I get lightning butthole on my period all the time. Lol. Search it on TikTok. It's a thing for girls, men's writing.
Speaker 1: But it's not just it is not just a woman's thing.
Speaker 6: But I did find a video. Oh it is. Yes, it is a perfect, a perfect representation of the pain and your reaction to it.
Speaker 3: This is what you and your brother had, Yes, even though we were boys. Right, no, no, And again it's not just women in their periods. They said that lightning what did they call it?
Speaker 1: Lightning? Lightning butthole is is is? It knows no gender? It knows no gender.
Speaker 6: Are we having the VIC screens? Oh yeah, all right, here we go.
Speaker 5: See and we have feast planted her.
Speaker 3: She's down the bed, but like like like like all of a sudden, oh, like all of a sudden, her body is like a like a like light is a feather, stiff as a.
Speaker 6: Board, and she holds her and she she grabs her, I remember holding and.
Speaker 1: She goes right on the bed and bounces off. Well, stand down.
Speaker 6: It's sudden sudden onset.
Speaker 5: Oh that's funny.
Speaker 3: By the way, this girl's got great musical taste, Tupac Marley and then in the mirror Cobaine, great musical taste. A lot of you that you don't see because you're so focused on her.
Speaker 1: Lightning butthole.
Speaker 4: Line six.
Speaker 1: Hi, elliot in the morning. Yeah, Hi, who's this?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 1: This is Alex was up man, Hey, tell me about your tushi.
Speaker 2: All right, So, first of all, because you asked age, I'm thirty two. Yeah, you're I'm in pretty good shape right now. When when this happens, it's frequently at night, as I'm getting comfortable in bed. Oh really, and it will, I mean immediately, just like I took, you know, three rebels and two shots of espresso. I'm up and the only thing I can do is kind of breathe deep, walk over to the bathroom, and, after several remedies, for some reason, spreading the cheeks and sitting on the toilet seems to be the proper stretch.
Speaker 3: Even with nothing away, even with nothing, even with nothing evacuating.
Speaker 1: It's just it's just the the the act of sitting down with kind of like a with your cheeks.
Speaker 2: Pulled apart exactly, and it's and I'll even add it's on almost like a Charlie horse between your butt through your gooch. That's exactly how I described it to my girl, because she was like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 11: But the now what I thought, what I thought you were gonna say is like when you get a Charlie horse in bed and it's a struggle to get out of bed and stand up to try to get it to go away.
Speaker 7: Your pinky toes like point in west right, but.
Speaker 1: My big toes point and do north right at the north store.
Speaker 3: The but what's not expecting you to say was the Charlie horse between your your your your your butthole in your gooch.
Speaker 1: That's not what I was expecting.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what that's exactly it. And then another I also figured out if you kind of do like a deep squat like towards the ground with your legs spread it something with like the convulsions dissipate after you do a proper stretch. That's really the key for anybody listening.
Speaker 4: It works.
Speaker 3: No, I believe you, I believe you, and listen. There are times where and you're with me on this where sometimes just to have a regular and I'm not trying to be gross, but just to have a regular bowel movement.
Speaker 1: If you get a sense of like.
Speaker 3: We're going through half a roll, you will you will spread cheeks on the sit down.
Speaker 6: He's not trying.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, minimas in the uh.
Speaker 6: The exactly all right, very good up high for those may be wondering, and I doubt it's Kristen, Yeah, what is the sign you may need half a roll?
Speaker 5: No if you know, but yeah, but what's what's going on where you?
Speaker 1: You know that?
Speaker 5: Know your body like you're gurgling.
Speaker 6: No, you're look at Kristin nodding.
Speaker 1: Know your body, thank you, christ Christen knows.
Speaker 5: What's your sign?
Speaker 1: Kristen, know your body like that?
Speaker 5: Know your body what?
Speaker 1: I'm fine?
Speaker 5: What what does your body do that you pay up on?
Speaker 1: You don't know when you sit down if you're going to have big, small, messy biscusy explosion. Thank you, Kristin. Well, okay, if.
Speaker 6: You're sick or something, I understand that I'm not sick and I explode, But on a regular like yesterday, you three times before you signed on autely one of those times were you like, I have to sit appropriately?
Speaker 3: No, because I knew based on how I was feeling that I honestly I would have been better off with a sponge.
Speaker 6: That was a take.
Speaker 3: But yeah, no, I just knew regular toilet paper, like I'm drawing, That's all I'm doing.
Speaker 1: No, your body of high Christen, know your body.
Speaker 4: God.
Speaker 6: I can't get high fived on the Pellotson, but Kristen just high five it through the glass for saying he needed a sponge yesterday morning.
Speaker 1: Hi Elliot in the morning.
Speaker 4: Hey this is Elliot. This is Alex.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh hey Alex, how are you do you get? You get lightning?
Speaker 4: But I do, which is funny, similar to thirty to the other Alex, I'm thirty eight years old. And it starts in the gooch and I for me, I will ride the lightning and I feel it go up to my tip of my member, if you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, so you're all up front, Yeah.
Speaker 4: It starts in It starts in the gooch and then it goes up to the front and it almost feels like I've never had one. If you pass a kidney style and people say you got pissed it, you know, urinated out right. I think, I'm like, okay, is this is this what I have? And I don't. I don't have to urinate, I don't have to poop, and it will eventually dissipitate and go away.
Speaker 1: And it right, it rides your penis. Yeah, Jesus rist I don't want that.
Speaker 4: I'm less in a sock state, you know, just riding it out and like, I don't. I honestly thought I was the only one that have this. So now I have a name for it. When someone asks what's going on? But can I just write it out and then it goes away?
Speaker 1: Can I ask you this though?
Speaker 3: Like so and and again, only because I'm so focused, the name goes to goes to the tushy.
Speaker 1: Do you have maybe pew balgia?
Speaker 4: I don't never have I been diagnosed for that?
Speaker 1: Do you know what that is?
Speaker 3: I don't, so I'm not familiar. It's actually a thank you, sir. It's actually hitting a lot of soccer players right now, and I'm not familiar with.
Speaker 1: The with the soccer players.
Speaker 3: Barcelona's Lemine Yamal, I may be saying these names wrong. Real Madrid's Franco mass, Mastonwono Athletic Clubs, Nico Williams and Kelsey's Cole Palmer in all in recent months, all four have been diagnosed with an injury called pubalgia, which is a chronic groin injury causing pain in the lower abdomen and groin, which has previously affected players like Lionel Messi. But they're saying that that's all around the front, and that could be and they talk about it for the for the soccer players who played like up on the wing, like on offense, and that it's the amount of like quick starts, quick sprint mainly on one one leg, not one leg, like they're not using the other one, but you're pushing more from the outside. Yeah, And so they were saying that, but that's around the front and that could be anything from adductor like almost hernia feeling where it's all up front where where what we're the other one we're dealing with is back here.
Speaker 5: But this is different than a sports hernia.
Speaker 3: Correct, sports turneia is higher up you pubalgiagia.
Speaker 5: I think balgia, oh.
Speaker 3: Because it looks like fibromyalgia, but it's pubalgia because of the pubis.
Speaker 5: M so it can affect hockey players too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, I was gonna say when they so, when they talk about the soccer players, especially the wings, when they were describing what these guys activity is like to me in my head, I don't know soccer is. I'm picturing hockey and goalies. Also athletic pubalgia.
Speaker 1: Never heard of it.
Speaker 6: No, I've never seen that word before.
Speaker 3: But they're seeing a lot of it in the soccer players. But that's not lightning. But although I bet it's pupa lightning pupa, I don't know what's call.
Speaker 6: It from an anonymous listener, male or female, this is gonna be female.
Speaker 1: I get it during my men.
Speaker 6: Well they actually get it when they orgasm.
Speaker 3: Oh no, although maybe maybe it's like that's intense.
Speaker 6: It knocks me down for several minutes. I've given birth and it is a worse pain.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Can I ask this? Yes, Like she says, she gets it? Is it every number one? Is it every time she orgasms?
Speaker 1: And number two? Will she not masturbate to completion because of it?
Speaker 6: I'm not gonna ask.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's a very normal question you can ask over the air.
Speaker 6: I'm not typing that.
Speaker 3: No, No, don't you agree if it hurts that you had it as a kid, If you got that every time you orgasm, would you not masturbate to completion?
Speaker 6: I think I would just avoid the act altogether.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, I don't know how to masturbate, not to completion, just.
Speaker 1: Too good at it. Oh, I'm sorry you've stopped masturbating.
Speaker 6: No, but I honestly my most vivid memories of butt lightning? Is that what we're saying?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, lighting, butt lightning butt.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I was very young, right, I know what happened. Definite happened in middlechol high school. But like when I was talking about the butt problem with my brother, I feel like I was in like.
Speaker 5: Fourth or fifth grade. You'd have been in first or second.
Speaker 1: No, I get that.
Speaker 3: No, but I'm just saying, you remember you remember how uncomfortable I just watched a woman jump on the bed as though like like she like, Oh, I wouldn't want that if I orgasmed, That's not how I want in No, Hi.
Speaker 1: Elliott in the morning.
Speaker 9: Hi is this me?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Hi?
Speaker 1: Who's this?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 9: My name is Melissa.
Speaker 3: Now Melissa, I'm dealing with lightning, butt and pubalgia in front of you or behind you.
Speaker 4: For this, I had lightning.
Speaker 9: But as a result of a surgery.
Speaker 10: That I had.
Speaker 9: It was a like, I don't know, an unwanted side effect of the surgery, and it was so bad that they had to go in and like cut my butthole so that it could relax.
Speaker 6: Hey, relax, Gara, Can I get your doctor's name?
Speaker 1: I would afford it to Jackie.
Speaker 9: No, but gets like tight ass a whole new meaning.
Speaker 7: Wait.
Speaker 1: So a couple of things, A couple of things. What was the do you do you mind? Do you mind sharing? What the initial surgery was.
Speaker 9: I had a cyst on my tailbone that ended up getting like really bad, and so it tunneled through my body. So when they went in to heal that, they like went in through my butt. But the surgery, I guess, was like too traumatic, I don't know, so it caused me to get those spasms and sometimes they would last for hours hours.
Speaker 1: Dude, Yes that's rough.
Speaker 9: And they'd be like sit on a tennis battle, it'll make it feel better. And it was horrible. So finally, after like I don't know, like a month of dealing with this, I couldn't take it anymore. So I went back to the doctor and he was like, Okay, well, we can do a procedure where we like do like a little snip around your buttthole and it like lets the muscle like relax. But it was the worst.
Speaker 3: So does it if if I if I looked at your your your anus is it does it look like does it look like it's got like a little like like a like like almost like imagine you're laying under the liberty bell and you looking up at the liberty bell and it's all around like is it like cut on one like.
Speaker 1: On the on the rim.
Speaker 9: No, you can't really tell except for that there's like a small little piece of scar tissue where they had to like sew everything together that my husband lovingly calls the doorbell, which is very embarrassing. But it looks normal and acts normal.
Speaker 10: But it's fine.
Speaker 1: Gotcha, gotcha? All right? Very good, very good. Thank you, ma'am, Thank you,