Speaker 1: Good morning everyone, and welcome to the Power Trip Morning Show. Here we are on a Tuesday, Marty Glarnar, Johnny Beansbond's Bones, and a cast of thousands.
Speaker 2: No one meets us today.
Speaker 3: He'll be back tomorrow.
Speaker 1: But ladies and gentlemen, let's get this show started. We got lots to talk about. Here's some comedy from our very good friend Kelsey Cooko will be at Treasure around and fourth The Power Trip Morning Show on our twenty fifth anniversary coming up real soon, so and check it out, ladies and gentlemen. It's gonna be so much fun. Kelsey cook Power Trip Morning Show Comedy on a Tuesday morning.
Speaker 3: Come on in.
Speaker 2: I am glad you are here.
Speaker 4: I got coffee with a friend recently and she told me that she's trying to be a better person.
Speaker 5: I was like, oh, that's nice. What do you have been doing. She goes, well, I am taking less selfies.
Speaker 4: Oh take it easy, mother Teresa. Save some of the Lord's work for the rest of us. Everyone's as we're so self absorbed now with our selfies.
Speaker 5: But I think we.
Speaker 4: Were way worse before then, because at one point we were all in school and we all had school picture day, and then we ordered physical copies of photos of ourselves and gave them to people like narcissistic sociopaths. Can you imagine doing that now as an adult, just going up to a coworker unprompted, like.
Speaker 5: I signed it.
Speaker 3: Forget Picture Day.
Speaker 6: You know what's a gigantic scam is when your kids in athletics and then like the gymnastics team is like, hey, we got group photos next Tuesday, and you're like, oh, cool, all right, and then you show up because your kidd's got to have group photos for gymnastics, and then it's like, hey, take this photo and if you want access to it, it's nine billion dollars no kidding, Yeah, it's just a's that's a that's a business that we need to get into, is the youth athletics photograph market. And that's a weird way to word it, but to you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I get where you come from. That is a new thing.
Speaker 1: I geez, I haven't had a little kid for a long time, no kidding, she's the wise Yeah.
Speaker 6: And then kind of like Kelsey just joked about, but then you have, well, do I want the digital package where I can just have access to the photos and then print off as many as I want, or do I want to pay a bazillion dollars for like sixteen you know, three by fives? Oh boy, goodness, what a racket?
Speaker 3: What a racket?
Speaker 2: It's a racket, yep, it is.
Speaker 7: Well, you know what choice do you have? Kid wants photos?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 3: Maybe take your own? I guess, I don't.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Who knows?
Speaker 2: Man, what would ted Lasso do?
Speaker 3: Probably just do the same jokes from three years ago. Yeah, I watched The House of the Dragons.
Speaker 1: Of the Dragons. That's pretty good. Everybody dies, you know, it's good?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Good? Good?
Speaker 7: Can I ask you a question?
Speaker 6: This is a this is a non spoiler question because Tommy texted me time He's.
Speaker 3: Like, cor cor, what do you think of finale?
Speaker 6: And I said, yeah, super fun? Right, an hour and change of just chaos? Right, it was like again a Lord of the Rings style epic war. I got a I got a conceptual question.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 6: Let's say you're Damon Targarian. This is just for this is for abbod.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 7: Let's say you're Damon Targetary.
Speaker 3: I am Damon Targarian and.
Speaker 6: You're a badass, right, you can swing a sword with the best of them. Oh yeah, let's get it home, one of the great warriors.
Speaker 3: Look at me.
Speaker 6: And Ranera, who's like, you know, your lover and niece and wife and niece, who knows.
Speaker 8: What you are?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't even know how. Yeah yeah. She's like, hey, I'm the queen.
Speaker 6: You gotta be cool, though, don't just don't just burn the whole place of the ground, right, Okay, you're following the queen's orders. Can I ask a question though, about having a dragon? Why would you ever ever just walk the street and fight people hand to hand. I don't care how much pride you have or respect you have.
Speaker 7: The whole time he's killing people left and run him going.
Speaker 3: Get back on your dragon, buddy, I get on there. Why do what are you doing?
Speaker 6: And if you're like, well, you know we have to win this war by hand, I'd say, how about you send the peons in there, let the peasants fight, and if they lose, then burn that whole city to the ground because you lost.
Speaker 1: I'd stand outside the walls, sit out there with my dragon, and then if I got pissed, I'd like the whole place on fire and I'd say, I don't know somebody caused a fire in there. I just somebody's having a barbecue and I got out of control.
Speaker 7: Look, I'm with you.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 6: I like to throw this term around because I play poker and we talk about game theory optimum all the time GTO. But that is the worst game theory play I've ever seen. Yeah, the maximizing of the game theory is sitting on your dragon and waiting. That maximizes your chances of survival.
Speaker 3: Yep, yep.
Speaker 7: But he goes in, there's swinging swords.
Speaker 2: It seems like any money almost gets killed by the one guy.
Speaker 6: I just didn't understand it. I go get the hell out of that town. Dude, where do you?
Speaker 2: I thought the entire the entire time, I was thinking the same thing.
Speaker 3: What are you doing?
Speaker 2: Get back on your dragon, he axis or whatever.
Speaker 6: It's just sitting in the field taking a nap.
Speaker 3: He's doing nothing right.
Speaker 1: You're just hanging out. And by the way, here's the thing. Anybody who might be there that might tell the queen what you did. Burn them. Man, there's no it's never gonna get back to her never.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm with you now, didn't quite understand that part.
Speaker 2: Hell of a show though.
Speaker 6: Yeah it was fun, right, help show it's fun man, Yeah, hell of a show. I thought this season had some episodes that were eh, yeah, but then when it hit, it hit. Yeah, one season ago, hell of a show. And I assume the last season is what two years away we talked about yesterday. It's going to be an absolute blood bath because almost everybody has to die. That's the whole write this story. This yes, arc comes to an end, but some people have to live, but very few, yea, almost no one some of.
Speaker 2: The I mean, like, I don't even know.
Speaker 1: I won't even get started, right, I don't know if there's any high towers, any of the right, I don't know.
Speaker 6: Just wipe everybody out, yeah, killing, but just at least do it where it makes sense strategically, Get on your god dang dragon.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And and somebody's got dragon eggs and there's a witch lady. Yeah, and dude, I don't know, yeah, yeah, I don't know, but I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 6: I just don't understand it. I don't like, let's say you have a stealth bomber. Let's go modern warfare. Get a stealth bomber. Yeah, and you fly over to like Iraq during desert storm and you're like all right, saddam, and then you park it and walk to the fight.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, no, no, nope, no, no, you're gonna want to fly that bomber over the top of the town and yeah. Yeah, well I definitely am.
Speaker 3: I am never getting off that dragon.
Speaker 1: Nope, I'm button bar Yeah right, Yeah, I got wenches to take care of.
Speaker 6: I mean yeah, In fact, I would probably just leave and circle back and go like, all right, let me know how the battle went. I'll fly back in like an hour after I deal with these wenches.
Speaker 2: You got to take care of these wenches there I control.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if if it looks bad when I come back, I would just burn everybody to the ground. But if not, then congratulations and uh job ball done.
Speaker 3: Let's speak of that.
Speaker 1: It burns when I pee, so I need to go see the media. What the hell's guy's name? The what's the medical guy? What do they call them? It was there and it was gone.
Speaker 8: In the show.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah the masters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, meisters, yeah, meisters. Yeah, I'm gonna go see the meister because it burns when I pee.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I'm a dragon guy.
Speaker 7: But you might just have kidney stones.
Speaker 1: I don't think you should burn on my pee. Yeah, I don't know, Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 6: Man. Yeah again, I just at least we have Night of the Seven Kingdoms next year and then Thrones a year after that.
Speaker 3: But let's go.
Speaker 1: Two year break is too long. But yeah, I get it. It's a lot. It's cool, it's a lot. Yeah, it's all right, man. I uh, I gotta believe our ours got some more things to say to us, more more can get it on with.
Speaker 6: You know, he still hasn't finished the actual Thrones books, right, aren't they still pissed about that?
Speaker 1: I think it was like supposed to be twenty eighteen or something like that.
Speaker 3: He was supposed to be Yeah, yeah, yeah, a long time ago. If you're lazy a.
Speaker 7: Like, I mean, no offense, dude, you're getting old.
Speaker 6: Like what if you don't make it to the the books release, like finished the book?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, come on, man, you have one job.
Speaker 2: That's it, that's all you gotta do.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 1: Bones will be here soon, but not real soon because I think it's six thirty. Because his wife is on the poll today working the poll.
Speaker 7: That's technically true. She's working the polls.
Speaker 3: Yep, that's right.
Speaker 1: That's what he said lot Primary day. That's exactly her as primary day. No saucy, as I said earlier, because he's still on BAK.
Speaker 2: He went to.
Speaker 1: Wisconsin on vacation, not the Dallas Lake Geneva, which is lovely. Never been there, lovely, lovely, lovely. But check this out. I just saw this just now. NFL head coaches are getting a new preseason ranking, according to Tammy trueO, ranking on their attractiveness.
Speaker 9: A cover survey of more than five thousand fans ranked Los Angeles Rams coach Sean McVay on the top of the attractiveness metric. McVeigh was followed by Green Bay's Matt Lafleur and Seattle's Mike McDonald. The survey suggests winning in national exposure may influence how fans perceive coaches, with nearly three to ten respondents choosing their own team's coach as the league's most attractive.
Speaker 2: I'm Tammy Tricheo.
Speaker 1: Yeah me, where's our guy? He's a tall drink of water. So mcvay's my size.
Speaker 3: How is Andy Reid a number one? I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's a great question. People love that guy. He's sexy and attractive.
Speaker 2: I mean, come on, Ko, Yeah, look be tall, bulletproof.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 6: I think we're all We're all secure in our man masculinity enough to say this.
Speaker 7: Ko should be top five, right.
Speaker 2: Number two at least?
Speaker 3: I don't know who'd be ahead of it said for baby.
Speaker 6: Let's who were missing here and coaches?
Speaker 2: I'm pissed. I'm pissed for our guy.
Speaker 3: Let's see here, Zach, are you with us?
Speaker 8: Yeah? I didn't hear the thing. It was mixed minust out.
Speaker 3: So I did I do something wrong?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: Well, I just they Yeah, basically it went like this, I'm gonna pretend to be tampatry here.
Speaker 9: A cover survey of more than five thousand NFL fans ranked Los Angeles Rams coach Sean McVay on the top of the attractiveness metric. Why vay was followed by Green Bay's Matt Lafleur and Seattle's Mike McDonald. The survey suggests winning in national exposure.
Speaker 3: Man, sorry, we got it, where's our guy?
Speaker 8: Mike McDonald?
Speaker 6: Mike, Mike McDonald's a solid looking Dude's.
Speaker 8: Anko, but he's got a wide face.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's got a he's got that.
Speaker 10: Apparently Koc is much more well rounded.
Speaker 7: M mcvay's a good looking dude. I get that.
Speaker 6: Kyle Shanahan's a good looking dude, but we haven't seen him since his freak accident.
Speaker 8: No, there's that picture from the hostage.
Speaker 3: There's the picture where he looks great. He looks great. He's fine, but he's now a tall drink of water.
Speaker 6: But like, all right, Kevin O'Connell's better looking than Dan Campbell. I mean, come on, no doubt, better looking than Ben Johnson. Let's go Andy Reid.
Speaker 2: Matt lafe're's cute.
Speaker 7: He's better looking than Nick Sirianni.
Speaker 3: Yeah he's dead from the.
Speaker 6: John Harbaugh is too old, right, Chaosi's better looking than John Harbo is a good looking dude, right, older dude, I guess sure? What about Stefanski versus KOs Oh?
Speaker 2: Come on, no offense, Kevin, Oh my god, did you see this list?
Speaker 3: No? You know where Kaos is?
Speaker 10: Take a guess twelve you better belower lower, eighteen one higher, he's seventeen.
Speaker 3: That's it. That's a damn shame.
Speaker 8: What is that is?
Speaker 2: That's a damn shame a dumb list. That's a damn shame.
Speaker 6: You have the whole list in front of you, Zacube, go one through sixteen. Then let's let's let's just go. Are these guys better? Are these guys better looking than Kevin O'Connell, Go one at a time.
Speaker 3: Come on, Chaos, I started at the top.
Speaker 8: This can't be real.
Speaker 6: McVeigh laflor Okay, hand mcvagh is a good looking dude. Listening to that argument, Uh, who is who? McDonald?
Speaker 8: The floor?
Speaker 3: The floor?
Speaker 8: Sure right McDonald sure? Uh? Sirianni no, right.
Speaker 7: Chaos, he's better looking to Nick Sirianni.
Speaker 3: Right, of course.
Speaker 8: To defend our.
Speaker 10: Guys number five, are you ready? I guess from the Kansas City Chief.
Speaker 6: No, come on, come on, that's not true, okay, come on man, Ben Johnson, No, Mike Vrabel, Well, it depends on.
Speaker 8: Reskewed a bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's just gonna need a shower.
Speaker 10: Dan Campbell no, Uh, Kyle Shanahan before the accident. Yeah, well that doesn't say that here, But I guess you would have to assume, Well, maybe it's after maybe uh, maybe people dislike car crash victims or purpose.
Speaker 8: I don't know what of them.
Speaker 6: It was his fault. Uh Demko Ryan good looking dude. Yeah, Joe Brady, I don't know. If I don't know what Joe Brady looks like. Let me look him up quick. Is that the bills?
Speaker 3: The bills guy? Right?
Speaker 7: Bill's coach after McDermott, Joe Brady.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, absolutely not. Who are these people?
Speaker 8: John Harbaugh thirteen good looking older?
Speaker 3: You sure?
Speaker 8: Mike McCarthy fortunately.
Speaker 3: Oh, come on, this is trolly true.
Speaker 8: This is the truth.
Speaker 1: We're going to.
Speaker 3: Depress our guy.
Speaker 6: If Koc's listening right now, he's staring out a window watching it rain like this sucks.
Speaker 3: Come on, McCarthy and Andy Reid.
Speaker 10: Fifteen is Jim Harbaugh. Sixteen is Brian Schottenheimer. And at seventeen this come on, this is trolling. Sean Payton at nineteen. By the way, Kevin sefans get twenty, which is ridiculous.
Speaker 6: A couple of these guys are just looking in what to my gutters?
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, you need a helmet for your gutters. Man, I should be a gutter helmet.
Speaker 8: Gutter helmet.
Speaker 6: N dot Com brings you the first segment of the Power Tripe morning chose Sauce would have normally said that, but he's not here.
Speaker 7: He'll be back tomorrow.
Speaker 3: He's pissed.
Speaker 2: He's two pissed to come in.
Speaker 6: Well, look, Koc, if you're listening, zach Alberson, chrisake myself, Cory Koe.
Speaker 7: There's three of us.
Speaker 6: I believe you're good enough looking where one of the three of us would sleep.
Speaker 3: With you, maybe two, two on a good day, one for sure. Three.
Speaker 6: With large amounts of money, you'd get three out of three of us. It would have to be sizeable.
Speaker 3: But I'm game. Who cares. I don't care anymore.
Speaker 8: Yes, sizeable amount of money a.
Speaker 6: Good point, all right, So if you pay me a lot of money, I'm the third. But one for sure, two, possibly three for the right amount of money.
Speaker 7: So we're all on board with you being good looking.
Speaker 3: I know that matters to him.
Speaker 8: It does.
Speaker 7: Break down more the power to morning Shoe. After this, I'm the fan.
Speaker 2: Every now and then you find a deal that actually feels like a whit.
Speaker 8: Tak.
Speaker 6: My commute on a normal day takes almost exactly seventeen minutes. I think today it took about ninety four that because well, my exit to three and eighty four is closed, and then this ramp over here is closed, so you have to do fifteen loop de loops. It added, honestly, I bet it added eight minutes, maybe ten minutes. Not the end of the world, but just ridiculously annoying. Everything's closed.
Speaker 2: It does seem like it's worse than any year.
Speaker 6: EF I totally agree. And people will say that it's just in our head, but I feel like this year is easily the worst construction I can ever remember. It's everywhere, the whole Twin Cities seems to be under construction.
Speaker 3: But three ninety four is hell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just it's over, and it's the you know, it's the most likely route to get to work for us.
Speaker 3: So what are you gonna do?
Speaker 7: Yeah, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 3: Work from home?
Speaker 2: Or move here?
Speaker 3: We can talk about it.
Speaker 1: There's some room down the hall apparently there. Yeah. Yeah, it keeps getting more and more room every morning. Yeah, all right, here's the thing. There are some things I didn't get to yesterday.
Speaker 3: If you guys are.
Speaker 1: Interested, sure this lady almost got eat by a crocodile Nope, slash alligator.
Speaker 11: The Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission says she was swimming with friends in the Silver River and Marion County on Saturday when a gater bitter. She wound up losing her right arm, but it could have been worse if it wasn't for a nearby boater. He rushed to the scene when he heard screaming, scared away the gator. He used to rope as a tourniquet on the woman's arm and took her to the nearest boat ramp, where rescuers took her to the hospital. She's home now, and the nine and a half foot gator was trapped and removed from the river on Sunday. I'm Michael cass nine and a half feet.
Speaker 2: Where are you gonna put him?
Speaker 3: That's where he lives, and that's what he does. What he does.
Speaker 2: He didn't know she was a lady.
Speaker 6: The Great Richard Oaknick once said, if there were dinosaurs outside, we wouldn't go play baseball. And those things are the god damn closest things to dinosaurs in the United States of America. I cannot imagine ever swimming in any lake, river, or pond in the state of Florida.
Speaker 3: Oh what are you doing?
Speaker 2: And guess what that alligator's gonna.
Speaker 3: Do eat you. He's gonna be back home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he found his way, He'll find his way back there again, because you know what's over.
Speaker 3: There, good eating.
Speaker 6: I feel terrible for her, but I don't have a lot of sympathy. Don't go on the water.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what are you doing? You don't go there.
Speaker 6: I know you think you're not a huge fan of like Minnesota lakes, correct, But people some people just don't like lakes swimming though, because it's like there's weeds and there's whatever.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 6: But when you jump into Minnesota Lake, what's the absolute worst case scenario?
Speaker 3: Animal wise?
Speaker 2: You might get sung by cafeish or a snake.
Speaker 8: I mean.
Speaker 6: Turtle bike maybe a snapping turtle maybe, But like there's just nothing, just nothing to really be afraid of.
Speaker 7: There's just nothing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, drowning.
Speaker 7: You go in Florida.
Speaker 6: Once you go to Florida, there's snakes in the Effglades, great white sharks off the coast, and alligators around the mainland. You are surrounded by death. Right, don't do it literally and figuratively, because everybody gets old and goes down there and dies. So you either have gaters, there's like lions and tigers and bears, gaters and snakes and sharks.
Speaker 2: No, there's snakes everywhere.
Speaker 3: What a hell hole? So trap you in your house.
Speaker 7: Can get out Except for Disney.
Speaker 1: About seventy percent of the nation's school age children are going back to school this month, and that can be scary.
Speaker 3: Here's breed psychology.
Speaker 12: Todays, Nearly sixty percent of kids returning to school are not happy about it. Doctor say parents should look for stress and anxiety in kids returning to the classroom. They recommend easing the transition by starting a school routine at least a week before classes start, ijust bedtimes and wake up times to their school schedule, established breakfast and lunch routines, and validate anxiety about the demands of school because psychologists say they're real.
Speaker 1: I'm pre tennis the leftovers.
Speaker 8: Yep.
Speaker 6: My kiddo's starting to feel it. She knows it's right around the corner. She's like, how many days. I'm like, yeah, I know, it's now a countdown. So when you're a kid and you when your summer starts, it does feel like the summer is going to be endless.
Speaker 3: Right, feels like if a thousand days before.
Speaker 6: School comes back once you get to August eleventh, clock's tickings. Oh yeah, man, you kidding me, because state fairs in a couple of weeks, and state fair means labor days right around the corner, and labor days means it's school time.
Speaker 3: So she knows.
Speaker 7: Yeah, man, she's starting to dread it a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you know, there's a little excitement about going back to seeing the kids and hanging out and meeting the new teachers and getting new locker and buying school clothes and seeing the babes.
Speaker 3: Maybe not for your.
Speaker 6: Daughter, Yeah, yeah, you know, I mean she's going into seventh she's right in that, like this is the most awkward phase for every kid on the planet, right that thirteen ish range twelve thirteen range?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yuck.
Speaker 7: Yeah, here's Johnny Bones. He got your way around it.
Speaker 1: How's how's the life on the working the polls? Yeah, she's all right, She's gonna.
Speaker 2: Pull the muscle up there.
Speaker 7: You ever voted in a primary? I don't think I have either.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I'm allowed. Oh am, I an American.
Speaker 7: I don't believe I've ever voted in a primary.
Speaker 8: A little bit of secondary.
Speaker 3: I think so tritiary. I don't know.
Speaker 6: I vote every time you know there's an actual will vote, But don't think I've ever done a primary.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I probably should have done some research before today.
Speaker 6: I probably should have looked into the candidates instead of just waiting until November.
Speaker 7: Hi, Johnny Bones, good morning.
Speaker 3: Good morning. It's not too late. It's not too late, not too sure, it's never too.
Speaker 6: Should just ask like chat Gypt and go, here's who I am, what candidate fits my needs the most?
Speaker 3: Just let chat.
Speaker 7: GPT do the research, save some time.
Speaker 1: Tell me about the primary, Johnny Beans Bons Bones. Do you have to be like a certain political party to vote in these?
Speaker 3: You need to vote for the political you know, No, you don't have to be a You know what happens when you walk into the polling place is you tell them I either want the Republican one or the Democrat one, or whatever one you want. Because you're voting, you're not voting for each of the candidates, and both can't both parties.
Speaker 6: Right, because otherwise you would pick the worst candidate on the other sides that has the least chance of winning.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 6: Stuff the out box with exactly the bad candidates.
Speaker 3: I'm going they would lose.
Speaker 1: I'm going to go to a costume shop today. I'm going to get myself some gray hair powdered myself and walk in and go.
Speaker 2: I'd like to vote for the Whig candidate and see what happened.
Speaker 3: It happens the Wigs.
Speaker 7: Are they still around?
Speaker 6: I don't think so, John Bonus, who's the wig candidate for twenty twenty on the Wigs?
Speaker 3: Who's running for the Wigs? Yeah, Captain Brunette, I don't know, Captain Hook Captain Brunette. Yes, that's pretty good.
Speaker 1: I think it's actually Joe Jackson, former rock singer who's stepping out.
Speaker 3: Ye, happy birthday, Joe Jackson.
Speaker 2: The wigs man.
Speaker 3: As bald as I have become, I should probably look more into the Wigs party.
Speaker 6: Well, I just looked into it. Apparently the main thing about the Whig parties you have to hate Andrew Jackson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I hate that some bitch.
Speaker 6: Because it started as an anti Jackson coalition in eighteen thirty four. Yeah, so a very diverse group and they but they had little in common besides their hate tread of Jackson.
Speaker 2: Well you know what I always said.
Speaker 1: Sorry, miss Jackson, I hate your husband, so he's a nasty boy.
Speaker 6: I'm not you know, I know this is really dangerous to say in twenty twenty six, but I'm indifferent to Andrew Jackson. I haven't looked and Darius. I haven't looked into him. I don't want to hate the guy without looking into him. Well, listen, was he a piece of crap?
Speaker 3: He dead enough?
Speaker 7: Or he's not dead enough?
Speaker 2: He's not dead enough?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 2: About this? I hears something I do know. At some point there was the.
Speaker 1: Like the uh, the gravity swap that happens on Earth from time to time because basically, back in the day, the Republicans were the Democrats, and Democrats were Republicans.
Speaker 2: And then they switched.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one was conservative the other was not, and that it's the other way around.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 1: Like Abraham Lincoln conservative Republican I'm sorry, liberal, Yeah he was, he was, but yeah, but he was a Republican.
Speaker 7: He was a Republican.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he.
Speaker 1: Had basically democratic beliefs nowadays.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: He was a wig too because he was tall?
Speaker 3: Was he anti Andrew Jackson hated him?
Speaker 1: Who he hated was that Douglas guy?
Speaker 2: I'm serious.
Speaker 1: They hated each other and they debate and uh and uh, you know, he set me up, that's what Douglas. And then they'd uh. They all loved big citrus. That's what they were fighting against.
Speaker 3: Actually it was a big citrus, you know, the orange juice producers. I don't think I know sports or or American history, apparently or basically so.
Speaker 6: While officially he bound strictly by anti Jackson sentiment, the Whigs eventually championed a progressive economic program for national development.
Speaker 3: Say that's what's going on.
Speaker 7: He wanted a national bank.
Speaker 2: Maybe I had a run for the Whigs.
Speaker 6: They wanted federal funding for things like roads, canals, and waterways. Especially I'm three ninety four, I'm against alligators.
Speaker 2: How'd they feel about alligators?
Speaker 6: Hey, we had two Whig presidents. Sure, William Henry Harrison. He died in thirty days. He died almost immediately after he got in there.
Speaker 3: Got in there.
Speaker 7: And then Zachary Taylor, who now coaches the Beankal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not bad.
Speaker 2: He said, you know what, screw this, don't pay well and I like football.
Speaker 3: As the twelfth most attractive coach.
Speaker 8: He also died in office.
Speaker 6: Did he really in eighteen fifteen. He was succeeded by Millard Fillmore. Of course, well damn.
Speaker 3: The leagues got two guys elected. They both died in office. That seems a little.
Speaker 1: That does seem fishy, doesn't it. Here's what I'm for in case you guys are wondering, because I'm the head of the Whig Foundation. Now, I think we had too many Fried Chicken places in the Twin Cities. We have as we had plenty.
Speaker 3: We had plenty.
Speaker 2: Now we had too many.
Speaker 3: No, I need more raising canes. I want one in every corner. Now they got official Fried Chicken.
Speaker 6: I guess I'm an anti wig party. If you're in the wig party, if that's your core belief, fries me at all.
Speaker 3: God, I hate wigs. Where is there an official Chicken target Field? Let's see.
Speaker 1: I can tell you because they're making a comeback with three restaurants, not one, but two, but three Official Fried Chicken, which folly had a location in South Minneapolis before the concept moved into target Field. Uh and usbing State was getting back in the fast casual restaurant game.
Speaker 2: Let's see it.
Speaker 1: Dina Infragril Heights and Woodbird alright, see and that's what the Wig Party can do for you. You know what, I here's the thing. I'm bringing back the Wig Party. I'm going to be your candidate for a president and I'll wear a different wig every day. I'll be like sharing this bitch.
Speaker 7: Fair enough.
Speaker 3: That's all you guys need to know about my beliefs.
Speaker 1: There's some bothersome bothersome things. Sure, and listen, we're against bras.
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna good and say it.
Speaker 2: We're against them.
Speaker 3: Let's see them flapjacks? Well, am, I rights, Zach, are you running with me?
Speaker 10: I mean the bro personally flapjacks and seeing them aren't isn't an issue that's important to me, right, But I care about my fellow Thanks flapjack lovers.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I would be more likely to vote for you if you were actually talking about pancakes.
Speaker 3: I freaking love that.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Front Page Sports is next. John Bonus is here, Marnie in an hour.
Speaker 7: This is the powers you want to show on the.
Speaker 3: Fan From the one eight hundred Ask Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 6: This report is sponsored by Total Comfort, your trusted h VAC professionals.
Speaker 3: Good morning, we have no accident.
Speaker 1: Athletic did a bunch of NHL questions to their readers, which.
Speaker 3: How long? Where's that? I want to make sure I know, not that one, not that went not.
Speaker 1: Which team will win the Stanley Cup in twenty twenty seven? There's ten teams, the Wild or one of those teams?
Speaker 3: Yay? In what spot do you believe?
Speaker 1: Out of the top ten teams according to nineteen thousand responses, where did the Minnesota Wild come in?
Speaker 10: They're probably in the middle of the pack.
Speaker 8: Florida six. I'm gonna say six four.
Speaker 3: You were right here at four. Oh.
Speaker 1: It goes to Colorado Avalanche, Florida Panthers, Carolina Hurricanes, then Minnesota Wild.
Speaker 2: That's what the fans think.
Speaker 8: I love what the fans think.
Speaker 3: Chipping a chair. Yeah, man, we got a chance.
Speaker 1: How about this? I didn't know this was a possibility. Johnny Beans, Bonds Bones. Are you in favor of the NHL expansion to thirty four teams?
Speaker 8: We go?
Speaker 3: I'm a big expansion guy.
Speaker 2: I know you are. I know you are sure?
Speaker 8: I do it?
Speaker 3: What am I sure? What do we know? The two new franchises?
Speaker 2: You just find out together? Okay, shall we do that?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 2: Here's Callista Flockhart reporting for the Fan.
Speaker 13: This almost exactly mirrors our results from twenty twenty four wins. Sixty three point three percent of fans voted against expansion. Some factors that may have contributed to this include concerns about talent delusion, skepticism that certain expansion markets can succeed, and the simple fact that only one team can win the Cup every year, so expanding the league further diminishes their favorite team's chances of winning a championship. However, it feels like expansion is inevitable. Vegas and Seattle have been very successful financially, and it's extremely profitable for NATEL owners. Plus, players will always support it because it creates more roster spots slash jobs.
Speaker 1: Right, So which cities, though, Calista Flockhart, do.
Speaker 2: You believe will be the cities to get these teams?
Speaker 13: Quebec City dominated this one. NHL players sung a different tune, though, as Houston was the clear favorite and our anonymous player poll. The difference is understandable from players perspective. The taxes, whether and media pressure would all be more favorable in Houston.
Speaker 2: There you go, What do you think of that? Quebec City in Houston?
Speaker 7: Can I throw out a random city?
Speaker 3: Hell?
Speaker 6: Yeah, and it's not Vegas because we already have a city in Vegas team. Yes, what about Minneapolis. I'd like to see it Saint Paul versus Minneapolis. It would be interesting to see, just like you know, just like the Cubs in White Sox or the Yankees and the Mets. It'd be interesting to see what Minneapolis Wild fans would switch over to the new team or if they would support both. For the state of hockey, shouldn't we like both teams? But I would think you have to pick one.
Speaker 3: How about the return of the Hertford Whalers.
Speaker 8: Houston and Atlanta if they go and if they do it with.
Speaker 3: God Quebec City.
Speaker 6: Atlanta has had fifteen opportunities enough with Atlanta no chance?
Speaker 3: How dare you? How dare you? All right?
Speaker 7: Let's do it from page Sports.
Speaker 6: We'll do it right now because I actually can time now for Transition presented by Holiday Station Stars for.
Speaker 7: A story I could get right into the reading.
Speaker 2: I can't get her to.
Speaker 6: Stop Holiday Station stores for a limited time Mountain dew four for eight bucks. Wow, thanks Holiday, Yeah, Mountain do it. Holiday and you are correct. When I was driving back from a Treasure Island yesterday stop to that one, that giant one right on the side of the road there by. Hastings got a pretzel, which is freaking amazing. That One's like, that's one of the bigger holidays that I've ever been to. It's massive.
Speaker 3: And they love us.
Speaker 2: They listened to the powers.
Speaker 3: We love them. They love us.
Speaker 7: Shout out to Holiday.
Speaker 6: That's right, all right, check this out speaking of franchises and values and expansion and so on and so forth. All right, so Amazon founder Jeff Bezos.
Speaker 3: I know that my son works for him.
Speaker 7: You did it, Jeff Bezos.
Speaker 6: He's closing in on a deal to purchase about a third of Liverpool FC.
Speaker 3: One third.
Speaker 6: You would think the third richest guy on the planet could just afford a team, but he can. But you know that's not always how it works. He's worth just under three hundred billion dollars.
Speaker 3: That sounds, it seems like a lot.
Speaker 6: Third highest on the planet. Elon's number one at around eight twenty Remember he was temporarily a trillionaire, right but then the stocks went down. But eight hundred and twenty three billion, and Larry Page, former CEO of Google, is also just under three hundred billion. Okay, so those are the three anyway? So Bezos has give or take, let's just round up. He's got three hundred billion dollars.
Speaker 8: Let's just round up for him.
Speaker 3: Man, what'ts a billion dollars here there?
Speaker 6: Liverpool, though estimated to be worth around six billion dollars, which is a drop in the in the in a bucket for a guy that has three hundred billion, but he's going to buy about a third, so two billion, give or take.
Speaker 7: Check this out though.
Speaker 6: This is this is why people get into the old sports game. And I don't think anybody is going to be shocked by this because this is a news So they believe it's six billion dollars today. Liverpool FC was purchased in twenty ten, so sixteen years ago.
Speaker 7: What did it sell for sixteen years ago?
Speaker 1: Hold?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 6: So they believe when this Bezos deal goes through it's going to be worth six billion. What did it sell for in twenty ten, sixteen years ago?
Speaker 3: One point three billion dollars?
Speaker 2: One point seven billion, two billion?
Speaker 6: Zach, you ignorant slut, Come on, Zach, four hundred and eighty million.
Speaker 2: That seems like a good deal.
Speaker 6: Just a twelve exer in sixteen years so from four eighty to six billion in sixteen years.
Speaker 8: You can retire on that.
Speaker 3: I wonder what what you when you wake up in.
Speaker 1: The morning and you're a a billionaire hundreds of billions, you know. I wonder like if you wake up and you think things are gonna be just fine today.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I can't even imagine what your worries are.
Speaker 6: There's no doubt you worry about something, Yeah, because some things eating at you. Something's driving you beave the stove on right, But I can't imagine what it is because only a handful of people on the planet know what that feels like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, do you wake up in the morning and go man like, for example, it gots to pay the bills to day?
Speaker 6: Like does Jeff Bezos does it? He just eat at him that there are two guys richer than him, because that you know, there's eight billion people on the planet, only two people have more money than you.
Speaker 3: Two.
Speaker 7: Yeah, do wake up.
Speaker 6: And go got those bastards. I'm taking Larry Page and Elon down in Today's the day. And then Bezos just goes on Amazon and buys stuff. That's what I was just to make it look like there's more sales. And then the stock goes through the roof, and his net worth increases by every car conception.
Speaker 3: So I'm in my head, I'm like, I think that's about a fourteen percent return per year on your investment. Right, this guy's got three hundred billion dollars and now he's trying to fiure out, Like how can I get a fourteen percent return on two billion of it? Like what else are you? What are you? Even when that's what Liverpool costs? What else do you do with the other two hundred and ninety eight billion dollars? Like how do you invest it? How do you that baby?
Speaker 8: Manage?
Speaker 3: There's just there's just only so much stuff in this world that you can even buy.
Speaker 6: Like if you love basketball, and you're like, all right, I'm bezos. I want to buy an NBA team because basketball is might like Seve Balmer, right, love seems to really love basketball? All right, Then buy a team, embrace it, jump into the culture. If you're buying a football team, an FC team, just for the investment, you're wasting your time, right unless you want to beat ted Lasso and like get all in on there.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know what I'm saying. Well, even if you let's say you do love basketball like Chris, and you decide I'm going to just buy the most expensive basketball team I can buy. It's still like maybe a six billion dollar investment. Yeah, what if you were cool two hundred and ninety four left. What if you were.
Speaker 1: Corey go On and you decided just to shut down everything you don't like that gifts people joy?
Speaker 7: How much do I have three hundred billion?
Speaker 2: All the money in the world, you can buy anything?
Speaker 6: Okay, what would I start with? What'll be the first thing? Well, I can't say that on the air. Oh man, I'd have a lot of money to try, though. Yeah, what else would I do?
Speaker 3: What's an everyday guy?
Speaker 6: I mean, thankfully the Big Bang theory's done, so I don't have to put that to an end. What else do I have to do?
Speaker 3: I mean it would be the opposite. I would spread joy by.
Speaker 6: Cutting Todd Graves a gigantic check, and then I would own raising canes.
Speaker 8: And expand and you'd finally get it for free.
Speaker 6: And I would finally truly get it for free, even though my wife thinks that I do. Anyway, if I had three hundred billion, I would definitely buy a Las Vegas casino.
Speaker 8: You wouldn't need that much.
Speaker 7: No, but I'm just saying I definitely would.
Speaker 6: I would if I would have, And I'd probably put one like macow and stuff too, But I'm just saying I would. I would go full on. What's that dude's name from the third one, Willie Bank?
Speaker 8: Yeah right.
Speaker 6: I would just put up the best possible casino, try to win all the awards, bring in all the whales, run the best poker tournaments, and then have the best freaking chicken fingers on the.
Speaker 7: Planet on the main floor right by my room.
Speaker 1: I'd restart the Roman Gladiator stuff.
Speaker 6: Who would have guessed in under three seconds Chris was gonna hint at nudity in any way, shape or form.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is going to be all kinds of things happening in downtown Buffalo.
Speaker 8: Don't they have naked wrestling?
Speaker 7: Okay, calm down, ask me a bad like idea.
Speaker 6: But by the way, John, I just did exactly what you just questioned about Bezos. Right, You're like, why would a guy with three d billion just want a fourteen percent investment on a two.
Speaker 7: Billion dollar piece of Liverpool LEFC.
Speaker 6: I just said the first thing I'd do would build a Vegas Casino.
Speaker 3: So when we were I mean, we'll maybe experience this when we go there in November. Uh, we stopped by Circus Circus. I tell you, gus this last time we were.
Speaker 7: The people do this.
Speaker 2: It's fun.
Speaker 8: Okay, it's fun.
Speaker 3: We were kind of interested in because we just wanted to kind of see what had happened to it. And uh, the slots of fun right next door, right next door. I love it.
Speaker 2: Love it is.
Speaker 3: Basically the only place in Vegas net where you can play cash slots where it pays out in the bucket. It was awesome. That was funny.
Speaker 2: Boil boy, are you covered in fees?
Speaker 3: But the person or whoever bought that also bought the Mirage. And there's these sort of leftover hotels that are are being purchased and Mirage is still around, right, I'm all sure about I mean, that's the hard Rocks spot. Yes, Oh, is that so they're build That's where they're building the hard ones.
Speaker 8: Mirage has been completely good.
Speaker 3: I did just take to look at how much the Mirage cost. It's one billion dollars, so yes, you could easily buy that with your three hundred million what.
Speaker 8: Would you call it for?
Speaker 3: Are you asking me, Well, it's a great question. A lot of people are asking me that.
Speaker 6: About me.
Speaker 1: Howbout you make it in the shape of you know how they made a big guitar, You should make it in the big chicken finger.
Speaker 3: Chicken fingers the poker themed? Is he all right? Poker?
Speaker 7: I mean would you?
Speaker 3: Would you have slots just for well?
Speaker 7: I mean I got to bring in the degenerates.
Speaker 3: Chris will be there. I'm going to the big chicken stick.
Speaker 7: That's what it's going to be nicknamed.
Speaker 8: What about the chicken poker?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah, man, I'm daydreaming. When's the when's the power Ball? Because it's almost a billion dollars Wednesday?
Speaker 3: Nobody won last night, so it's Wednesday night.
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 3: Got that ride?
Speaker 7: Almost a billion? John Bonus getting close.
Speaker 3: I should probably that the time I actually invest in that.
Speaker 6: Yep, that quiet billion, anonymous billions billion. The guy that is the record, the guy that won like the two billion dollars is not anonymous. I think he's in California. That guy just is like I did it. That guy was extremely proud. Unless he's in one of those days, maybe you can't stay anonymous in Californa.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't know who knows. I don't know which states you can in which states you can't. That's a googleable thing, but I ain't get time for them. What really matters is next more scores and stats around the world of sports and Crystal Change your life with something else this power Morning show.
Speaker 8: On the fan.
Speaker 6: Our Rheart Radio Music Festival presented by Capitol Line.
Speaker 12: He's coming back to Las Vegas for eighteenth and nineteen that team obil Arena.
Speaker 2: It's time for what really matter.
Speaker 6: That's what really matters, Ovo, Lasik and Lens go Get Lasik and Change your Life from doctor Mark loban Off and doctor David Whiting OVOI dot Com.
Speaker 3: Thanks Ovo.
Speaker 6: All right, check this out since we were just talking about lotteries and being rich and winning billions of dollars or having billions of dollars.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 6: You know, I don't think kids understand this, but when you're ripping packs, right, when they're doing card breaks, they're basically playing poll tabs.
Speaker 3: Okay, right, So it's essentially the lottery.
Speaker 6: You're buying a ticket and you got a hope for.
Speaker 3: A big winner.
Speaker 6: Well, that's exactly what happened last night. A Cooper Flag rookie debut patch. Autographed card, one of one was found in Rhode Island during a live stream. A group called Roadie Breakers were live streaming when they pulled this card. We're not exactly sure how much it's worth yet, but here's just a little glimpse of what it might be worth. I don't know why I'm playing, well, actually I will. I will let you guess. One part of this the Mavericks.
Speaker 7: That's so Cooper Flag plays for it, Chris.
Speaker 3: The Mavericks.
Speaker 6: Have offered a bounty on this card because they're like, we want it. If anybody finds it, we're willing to offer you a pretty penny. Here's what the Mavericks are willing to offer. A signed game warn Cooper Flag jersey. No a postgame photo with Cooper Flag. Go to a game, meet Cooper Flag, get a photo with him afterwards.
Speaker 3: I don't know why.
Speaker 6: Anybody would want this, but you get a private photo shoot with the Rookie of the Year trophy.
Speaker 3: No wow, Okay, can you.
Speaker 6: Do whatever you want to it, and all expenses paid road trip with the Dallas Mavericks. But here's the last part, and this is the part I'll let you guess. On you also get two Mavericks season tickets premium season tickets. Whatever that means, my guess is just very good seats for how many years?
Speaker 7: How many years?
Speaker 6: Of the MAVs is going to give you seats including everything I just said?
Speaker 3: As well, you get.
Speaker 6: Everything I just said, plus two premium season tickets to the MAVs for how many years.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna guess it's similar to that of Cooper's career, which I'll say is ten years. Ten.
Speaker 8: Okay, I bet, I.
Speaker 2: Bet it's one. I bet it's ridiculous, like one.
Speaker 8: Zach, I'll split the difference. I'll say five.
Speaker 6: I don't know what this card is worth, but think about this for a second. The Mavericks have offered a signed game warm Cooper flag jersey, a postgame photo with Cooper Flag, a private photo shoot with the trophy itself for Rookie of the Year, an all expense paid trip with the team, and two Mavericks season tickets premium season tickets for the next thirty two years. Thirty two years that's his uniform number. So this has to be a multi million dollar card? Fair to say?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 12: Sure?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 6: How is ripping packs of cards, not just a lottery for kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's pull.
Speaker 6: Tabs, it's a scratch off ticket. It's no different, just packaged completely differently. So I guess they were live streaming when they pulled it. My guess is I haven't seen the video or audio yet. My guess is they lost their minds because they realized the second they see it, Oh, that's that word. We just made millions of dollars. That's millions. What really matters, though, is this.
Speaker 3: It was understated.
Speaker 1: What year do you believe that federal prisoners landed for the first time on Alcatraz?
Speaker 8: Thirties?
Speaker 3: Maybe I'll go thirty one, I'll go earlier, I'll go twenty five.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I feel like they'd like just celebrated like one hundred anniversary or something.
Speaker 8: I'll say twenty.
Speaker 2: Four, nineteen thirty four.
Speaker 3: Who we danced around? Thirty four.
Speaker 1: Alces was an uninhabited seabird haven when it was explored by the Spanish in seventeen seventy five. Lieutenant Juan Manuel Diaya named it Isla de los Actress or Island of the Pelicans. The first prisoners came aboard again on this day in nineteen thirty four, August eleventh. Later that month, more shiploads arrived, featuring, among other comics, Al Capone, George Machine Gun, Kelly the Birdman of Alcatraz, Robert Stroud. As you guys well know, some people tried to escape from the rock. A lot of people were found drownded. Some people never were found. They just figured they did drown One dude almost got out because he, one piece at a time, stole an army officer's uniform and put it on, walked right out, but he got caught. One man, John Paul got had three names. He was recorded to have reached the mainland by swimming, but he came ashore, exhausted and hypothermic and fell asleep and police found him like.
Speaker 3: By the gold. Oh my god, he made it, but he fell asleep.
Speaker 6: It's shark infested waters, yeah, man, because it's the ocean.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yep, that's right, that's that right. He made it. N night. You guys been there.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I broadcast from there and I saw a star and I did.
Speaker 6: Yeah way back in the day, early early.
Speaker 7: Power trip trip for those guys, I.
Speaker 3: Still don't remember why.
Speaker 6: And the dude Mark Deville, Yeah, the dude was there. Well, if I remember, I wasn't didn't John Vissari like want to go?
Speaker 8: There?
Speaker 6: Wasn't he the reason that you guys, that's right, He's like he wanted to go. So he's like, why don't I just bring the whole show?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we did.
Speaker 7: I think that's what happened.
Speaker 1: That's exactly. That sounds right. That sounds right. And he was with gould Chevrolet. Sure, that's what we're gonna do. It's gonna be brought to you by gould O. We're like, Coop, let's go. Went to a San Francisco Giants games, saw the big Barry Bonds guy.
Speaker 3: He didn't hit a home run that day, but it was a nice ballpark did It's a great ballpark. Number three overall on my list are the top two. Number one is Wrigley and number two is PNC Park in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 7: Where's target Field?
Speaker 3: Top ten? Somewhere between five and ten.
Speaker 6: Baltimore was at target Field last night after the Savannah Bananas were all weekend, but the Twins won nine to five over the Baltimore Orioles. Former oriole Dean Kramer, Wheeling and Dealan John Bonus seven innings, just one hit yeah, gave up one run, and struck out seven of his former teammates. Austin Martin let off for the Twins. He went four or five, had three runs, and hit a solo home run in the third.
Speaker 3: Austin Martin had a terrible game on Sunday, an absolutely terrible game on Sunday, and that was after coming in as a pinch hitter and pinch runner and pinch fielder, et cetera. He still managed to come up real empty and two bad spots, and so we spent the first out probably ten minutes ripping him. I think, leaving to the Geek podcast on Monday talking about like we're not sure he's can stick in the majors, blah blah blah blah, and he just absolutely tore it. He was fantastic last night with damn Near hit two home runs and laid down a bunt for a single. Well, I guess I'm not sure it was officially a single or not, but laid down a great bunt to get on base, which is something he was not able to do on today. Anyway, he was fantastic. Kramer has been a fine He is somebody that was picked up as basically insurance in case somebody got hurt, and sure enough Joe Ryan already has. And by the way, Zbbie Matthews is somewhat questionable I think for his start this week too, So I don't know that we had real high expectations other than listen, we need a fourth or fifth starter, and he's both outings he's had have been fantastic. So this team continues to hang around at just the wildcard spot right now. I think one and a half back one and a half back as Texas one last night. All right, they are a fun team, Dautch. This is a it's been a fantastic year or to watch this.
Speaker 6: Team yep, three and a half back in the division behind Chicago, one and a half behind the Rangers for the wild.
Speaker 3: Keep scrapping and the American League. Fortunately no way's running away with that last wildcard spots. But what really matters is this on the state.
Speaker 1: In nineteen seventy three, the fantastic film The Nostalgic Teenage Coming of Age for a film American Graffiti, debut in theaters across the United States, directed and co written by George Lucas. Said in California in the summer of nineteen sixty two. American Graffiti was nominated for five Academy Awards, including Best Director, Best Picture, and helped launch the big screenkers of Richard Dreyfuss, Harrison Ford, as well as the former child actor and Oscar winning filmmaker Ron Howard.
Speaker 7: Never saw it.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 7: What's the GISTs? What's it about?
Speaker 1: There are a bunch of kids graduating from high school, driving around in cars and drag racing each other. It's a coming of age film. It's right before Vietnam takes a few of them away. It's just about growing up in California. It's sort of George Lucas to look back at his childhood. It's really cool.
Speaker 6: So it's a little bit like She's all that without the Vietnam War. Kind of pretty similar.
Speaker 1: You know. It's interesting because I didn't realize it was released in nineteen seventy three, and looking all the way back in nineteen sixty two, you know, I mean, that's only that's only eleven years.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: It's like, it's not like looking back at you know, Civil War days. It's eleven years ago. We all remember that, Bud. I guess that's not true because I don't remember a damn thing about twenty fifteen.
Speaker 3: Well, there were a lot of movies about that time, Like The Big Hill was a few years after that, and that was a look back at like ten years. Yeah, but you know, like the Boomers really liked looking back at themselves about ten years, ten years later.
Speaker 1: And things have changed a lot, right in that space of time. You went from pre Vietnam to post Vietnam, and a lot of things change in that way.
Speaker 3: That's true. Yeah, I mean we've been through Yeah, you're right at the late sixties early seventies was a time of a lot of upheaval. Yeah, summer love, Yeah, Democratic convention, all kinds of stuff, and that was there were you know, as as close as we ever got to like popular revolutions and such. What's happening around that at time?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: The links are at Portland on nine o'clock Wednesday. The links are twenty seven and seven. All they do is win. All Olivia Miles does is dominate. Yeah, are their favorites to win the whole thing.
Speaker 8: Let's go two.
Speaker 3: Big wins this weekend, right, I mean the Stars were number three overall and Page came back here. Two big wins at home on Saturday and Sunday. This seems pretty good. They are really good.
Speaker 7: But yeah, they're gonna do it. What when the whole thing win? The whole damn thing.
Speaker 3: But they just win the they might do it.
Speaker 6: MARTI will be here in like twenty minutes more of what really matters on the power trip after this.
Speaker 7: I'm a fan.
Speaker 3: From the one to eight hundred Ask Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 14: This report is sponsored by gens Right, you got this man gonna be a big dag big day for you.
Speaker 1: The Saints were playing down at Field of Dreams tonight. Johnny Bones is leaving tomorrow morning. Headn't that way to go watch the Twins play?
Speaker 3: You're going? Oh yeah, how far is that drive?
Speaker 7: Again? I think we talked about it in a day or two ago.
Speaker 3: Four hours, three, three to four hours. What do you stay when you go there? Johnny Beans, Bonds Bones, Uh, you know there is. There are hotels in and around Dyersville. Now those hotels, I think, for the most part, if we're grabbed by Major League Baseball on before when they before they needed to, My understanding is that the uh Twins are just driving. They're not staying overnight. They're driving down that day and they're coming back that night unless the game ends up being rained out or something, in which case they'll play on Friday. But then, you know, maybe within an hour hour fifteen minutes. There's also Dubuque, Iowa and their Cedar Rapids. We're going to stay and I think in Dubuque, and then just sort of I think there's also you know, Galena, Illinois, et cetera, Des Moines.
Speaker 7: Is you just find a nice airbnb there.
Speaker 3: We actually had a listener for Gleaming and the geek reach out and suggests, Hey, I'm you know, I work, I live like ten minutes from Diresvie. Would you guys like to stay at our place? We decided with just Track Hotel instead.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Like the agritourism market is gigantic anywhere near Iowa. Like there's a place called the Beats Motel or the Radish in cute little spot, you'd like it.
Speaker 3: I think we'll just stick with the Ubuke. So, yes, we're super excited for us. It's we'd been going. Well, there's a lot. I'm sure I told you to get this story before, but I proposed to Chrissy on August thirteenth, of nineteen ninety three, after lots of after basically pulling my head out of my butt, and that night we were you know, this was before social media, is before cell phones. And the reason I had actually chosen that night to do it is because I knew the next day she was traveling to visit extended family and she'd be able to show them the ring and surprise everybody, et cetera. And so unlike now, you know, there was no easy way to tell everybody, had to pick up the phone and tell people. Because she wanted to surprise people. We didn't want to call anybody and tell anybody. So we had this swell sixteen hour period where we were the only people that knew that we were the rest of our lives together and that was a future too big and too wide and great. And so we were trying to figure out what to do with ourselves that night, and we decided to go to a Phillies game. I checked it out because our first date had been a baseball game, and in that particular year, the nineteen ninety three Phillies, that's where you found magic because the ninety three Phillies were a team of misfit toys, that ended up surprising everybody and making it all the way to the World Series, and magic was happening there on a regular basis. That magic extended all the way to Game six of the World Series when they ended up losing it on a Joe Carter home run. And so we went to a game that night and we were mostly just kind of, you know, spacey, not really paying that much of attention, and the sure enough, the Phillies were losing, and in the bottom of the eighth, a utility infielder named Kimbatiste end up hitting a grand Slam versus the ur Trival Mets to give the Phillies the game. And we decided then that we were going to search for magic on every August thirteenth at a baseball game for the rest of our lives. What a story, mark, So we have done that story. Wow. And so last year when they announced that the Phillies were playing the Twins at the Field of Dreams game, We're like, any chance that ends up on August thirteenth. Sure enough, that's when it was. Ah, so we are we are heading down to Iowa to find our own to find our own magic in a baseball game.
Speaker 14: Oh, i wish I put as much thought into my day as you just put into your entire life.
Speaker 7: Do you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 6: Like, I don't know what I'm doing after nine o'clock today, I have like a couple of things to do, and I guess I have to watch it kid today.
Speaker 7: You know, I have to babysit the twelve year old.
Speaker 3: Well, just so we're clear, we've had days like that throughout the thirty since that day, right exactly, there have been times where we're, like August, We've gone to minor league games, We've gone to major league games, We've gone to town ball games. In nineteen ninety seven, a month before Elise was born, we had a prenatal class on August thirteenth that we felt we should probably go to, and so we went to that and we've stumbled outside and sure enough they were playing like a Minneapolis high school baseball or a Minneapolis City championship game across the street at the park. There a lake in Chicago. So we just have found baseball, Sam surprise.
Speaker 6: The years that you had kids on the way that you didn't name the kid after whoever was magical. The night of the baseball game fatists should have been your first born?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, that's a I mean, Alise could have been a Kim. Would have worked. Oh tany bonu? Well we did him the second kid after the park, which sure is where we had our first date.
Speaker 7: So true, so we.
Speaker 3: Had a little of that. But yeah, I guess I guess at least you could have been a Kim.
Speaker 6: Oh that really matters.
Speaker 1: High school football player practiced with a venomous snake in his helmet for over an hour in Arkansas this week and didn't know it. My male high school athletic director, Kirk Horden said a cotton mouth snake wriggled into the padding of the player's helmet and wasn't discovered until the player reported feeling something odd in his helmet.
Speaker 7: Why do people live in the South.
Speaker 1: Luckily, the player wasn't hurt and animal services were able to take care of it. Those on Mamel's football team now likely will take a closer look inside their helmet.
Speaker 3: Cotton Mouth is a yeah. That is a yeah. It was one of the code names in kill Bill we had.
Speaker 1: That's those those are watermarks, that's what those are. The snakes that would chase us as kids and I can't believe. I'm looking at a picture of it all coiled up inside this helmet, and I'm thinking to myself, Uh, hold.
Speaker 3: They've got a picture of the snake inside the helmet. So what hand? So what was it?
Speaker 6: It was like copper copper Mouth, black Mamba, wasn't it like Sidewinder?
Speaker 2: And then Gardner but wasn't there?
Speaker 8: Wasn't there? And then like.
Speaker 7: What was the fourth one?
Speaker 3: I don't know, I'm trying to remember another thing. Yeah, cotton Mouth was one of them.
Speaker 7: I feel like, oh man, I feel like it might have been. God damn it. Now I'm gonna look it up. I love that movie.
Speaker 3: That is a great movie. Kill Bill under may underrated.
Speaker 6: Of copper Head, Bernita Green was copper Head, not copper Mouth. We were close, oh hand on hand, Oh no, no, both of them, because Lucy Lou was cotton Mouth, and then yeah, Bernita Green was copper Heads. We had Copperhead, cotton Mouth, black Mamba, California Mountain Snake, and Sidewinder, and then kill Bill's code name was Snake Charmer.
Speaker 3: Who is the California Mountain Steak? That was Daryl. Hannah did not care for her.
Speaker 1: What she looked like the guy I think about it, she looked like the guy with one eye on Game of Thrones.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because because she yes and then she had none.
Speaker 6: And again, the names on the House of the Dragon are so confusing. I just said aimined and that could be fifteen different people. That might have been the name of a town.
Speaker 7: You don't know what's the difference. They all start with an A. They have like a weird silent e in there.
Speaker 6: Somewhere there's an N, there's a D.
Speaker 3: Did they ever explain why she only had one eye to begin with? Is that one of the flashbacks? It was a because the fact that she had one I became important in that movie. I believe it was spoiler.
Speaker 6: Another dumb question about Kill Bill. I should know this, I really should know this. So Kill Bill came out in two thousand and three. When did Kobe Bryant have the nickname Black Mob for the first time? When did that start? Was it pre or post Killed Bill Bill?
Speaker 8: Two thousand and four.
Speaker 10: He created the persona after Kill Bill and was inspired by Kill Bill.
Speaker 3: Oh it was.
Speaker 10: He created the personas a mental coping mechanism to separate his personal and professional life during a time of intense public scrutiny, drawing inspiration from the assassin code name and Quentin Tarantino's film Kill Bill.
Speaker 6: Go the mamba mentality of Uma Thurman. And you know what happens when you assume right? You make an ass out of Uma Thurman? Is it my turn of year?
Speaker 3: Turn?
Speaker 1: Did?
Speaker 6: The vikings are at the Giants Saturday at noon, right here in the fantas preseason game number one, that's one of three. The season opener is Sunday, September thirteenth, three twenty five against the hated Green Bay Packers. The drunken Scanies are one and a half point favorites on DraftKings for the season opener.
Speaker 7: But Saturday noon preseason game number one, right here on the.
Speaker 3: Fild, Baby Hawk, do you go to that?
Speaker 1: I normally would Zacho's going this time because I have a gig. I'm very excited about two of them. Actually, so I'm playing with thirty eight Special on Saturday.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right at the lodge. And these are simulcast games.
Speaker 1: So the job that I normally do for radio is is greatly lessened.
Speaker 3: But yes, right, I still enjoyed.
Speaker 1: We're so I'm still going to have to check pa, No, well, I mean in my texture and say, come on down take a look at.
Speaker 6: That's part of the job, dude. That's right man, you agreed to it.
Speaker 3: Yep. Where is the lodge? I tried to look it up yesterday because I saw you were playing there the ledge.
Speaker 1: It's in the technically Way Park exactly right, Yep, yep, that's right.
Speaker 3: It's a good spot. That's right. It's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: I'm excited about it. Thirty Special with Chris Ocuban direct support on Saturday Night. Please come on down. I'm hoping I got some tickets. Give way, I'm hoping, barble. Let me do that tomorrow on the show.
Speaker 3: Cool. Yeah, yeah, yeah, let's go. Saw thirty eight Special in Fort Myers this last spring, did you.
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they we saw them, well, we heard them kind of when we were in Daytona as well, and not Charlotte as well.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's right.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and uh man Cato all those years ago, which it's Raider of l It was about six seven years ago.
Speaker 3: My gosh, it's seven years ago.
Speaker 8: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one of those bands where you're like, yeah, I wonder too. Note they have about eight songs. Yeah, I remember the.
Speaker 1: Lead singer was the brother of the late singer Leondard Skinner, who died in the playing crist Oh Wow, Donny, Johnny and Ronnie the Van's ants Man not very creative parents.
Speaker 3: Well, when once you start with the rhyming, A you right, you gotta keep going. Yeah, you don't want they only to be you know Zach.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like Cory, Lauri and Horry.
Speaker 1: I mean they couldn't stop themselves over in the Cove household.
Speaker 6: My sister who was in the garbage Pail kids, poor Hory Cove would definitely be my garbage pail.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yep, Turn, I don't know.
Speaker 7: I don't know either.
Speaker 6: H The Cowboys in Quinn Williams three years, one hundred and five point ninety million dollars one on one guaranteed, including sixty three point three to five million do at signing twenty eight years old. Dallas got him last year at the trade deadline from the New York Yes, he was the third overall pick in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 7: Wow, still kicking ass. What really matters though, is this.
Speaker 1: There's a settlement called the Gebleki Tepe, which is a Turkish pronunciation pot belly hills. The closest translation. It's in modern day Turkey. The settlement was inhabited from around ninety five hundred BCE to eight thousand BCE during the Neolithic period. It is known for its large, circular structures that contain large pillar stones, among the world's oldest known megalists.
Speaker 3: Why do I bring that up?
Speaker 1: Let me put this into perspective, shall I? It's six thousand years older than Stonehenge in the Pyramids.
Speaker 6: Well, the Pyramids are only like one hundred years old. Oh, they were building the eighteen hundreds.
Speaker 1: You're talking about. I think the one in Vegas, oh Deir years before the Pyramids, right, how about it?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 3: And they're not And it shows a level of sophistication that they did not think existed, a level of civilization and organization that nobody thought existed. Six thousand years before the Pyramids.
Speaker 1: The oldest permanent human settlements anywhere in the world that we have found.
Speaker 3: And it looks like it was deliberately deliberately covered up or buried.
Speaker 2: Yeah, correct, that you saw about this?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 3: How did you know that? And I had heard about the other? Yeah? Really gotcha?
Speaker 1: Domestics truckers structures, I should say not truckers. Structures included extensive cereal processing, a water supply, and tools associated with daily life in pornography, lots and lots of That's why they covered it up. They were afraid that they would know what they were doing.
Speaker 3: Why they were.
Speaker 6: Can't let future civilizations know what they were too, that's embarrassing, like looking at your search history.
Speaker 1: The climate of the area was wetter back in that day. The site was surrounded by grassland abundant with wild cereals and cereals I can't talk today, and herds of grazing sheepies and gazelle's and wild goats.
Speaker 3: How about it.
Speaker 1: You'll be all right, everybody, Just a little dot in time. It ain't so bad. It ain't such a big deal. Just keep on moving. Those people back in the go Blacky TEPPI. They came and went and they just lived their lives.
Speaker 7: And they were kicking ass.
Speaker 1: Yeah, relatively, Coca puffs and stuff, you know, making cereal. They wish they had cocoa, but maybe they had something better than cocoa puffs.
Speaker 8: I doubt it.
Speaker 2: Maybe they had.
Speaker 1: Something that was literally orgasmic every time they ate it for breakfast.
Speaker 2: They were like son of a bitch.
Speaker 3: We got to cover up the cell.
Speaker 2: We don't want nobody knowing about this. So did we found this cereal? Nobody did any work anymore. They just ate cereal all day.
Speaker 3: And they hadn't meat sauce for orgasmic cereal.
Speaker 6: And they hadn't figured out capitalism yet, so they didn't understand how to sell it.
Speaker 7: They were just making it for themselves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, idiots wearing loin clothes that didn't cover things.
Speaker 3: I wonder what they wore.
Speaker 1: Had to be lowining clothes, right, but who knows, We don't know if they could.
Speaker 3: They might have had tuxes for all we know.
Speaker 6: They're veryatos like made out of denim.
Speaker 3: Right, Man, imagine they had with the mullet. It'd still be run if they had denim. Yeah. I want to go to this place. Were a Turkey?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I've had two opportunities. I didn't take either one of them because I'm a moron to go to Turkey.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know the spot over there, You know everybody that travels a bunch.
Speaker 7: I just hear so many people raving about Croatia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, yeah, gorgeous.
Speaker 8: Haven't been there, No.
Speaker 7: Okay, I've just I don't act.
Speaker 6: It just seems like everybody I run into where they're like, you know, hey, where are you going.
Speaker 7: What's new?
Speaker 6: Where you headed?
Speaker 7: Glasia?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Really okay, fantastic pops up, gorgeous all the time. Yeah, well, I mean it's right near Greece.
Speaker 10: Sure, we have a military base over there, and so I've talked to the military show I do, and everybody just raves about it. I'd say it's the most beautiful place in the world.
Speaker 6: M hmm.
Speaker 8: Weather's amazing.
Speaker 1: And they found a statue of a human and they go blacky teppy and it's okay. And I wonder if, like, just because it's a statue that they found, doesn't mean that it was a good artist, you know.
Speaker 3: What I mean, just suck. It might have been the meat sauce.
Speaker 2: It's been the meat sauce of the art world.
Speaker 7: Eight thousand years ago.
Speaker 3: And he was just.
Speaker 1: Doing naked pottery, right, you know, and he made a statue and he knew. Eleven thousand years later, somebody finally be like, wow, look they weren't real good at stuff.
Speaker 6: Meanwhile, they didn't write it, you know, write a little note on it. Going by, by the way, this is the town idiot.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, let it. We let him do it, because he wouldn't stop complaining, the kid up until we.
Speaker 1: Let him do pottery Marns. Yeah go Becky Deppy am I right? Anyway, there you go. Now you've learned something. Eleven five hundred years ago, there were people out there living their lives. It's just a specing, just dust in the wind. Everybody, take the pressure off yourself.
Speaker 6: At mammoths still around, like ten thousand years ago, they were still there. Sure, okay, so they were probably riding mammoths and doing statues, or.
Speaker 3: Doing mammoths and riding statues.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but that again, no, don't do revisions history. That was not even frowned upon at that point.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 10: Plus, there are no phones. You could, you know, do whatever you want. You don't have to worry about it, you know, getting on the internet exactly.
Speaker 1: Maybe there were phones. They were just made of bamboo, you know.
Speaker 8: What I mean.
Speaker 1: We don't know what they had to.
Speaker 3: Go Blacky Deputy, this shows ridiculous.
Speaker 1: It's okay, though, man, we're just dusting the wind. It ain't so serious, man, Just live your little life. It's okay, you're just dusting the wind, go out and have fun. It's the only job, right, Marns.
Speaker 7: Right on, dah, Marns. What do you think about existence?
Speaker 3: Fleeting?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 3: I mean, I it's overrated.
Speaker 2: I know, I like it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, to be it. You don't remember not.
Speaker 6: Existing, right, Yeah, And I'd like to keep on exactly.
Speaker 7: I have no memory of not existing, so I prefer this.
Speaker 3: I remember when you didn't exist.
Speaker 6: You had like ten years without me existing.
Speaker 2: The sun was so much brighter.
Speaker 7: The seventies were a fun time.
Speaker 3: We were so fun. We were so free sexual.
Speaker 6: Okay, now, hang on, I didn't slow that down.
Speaker 3: You did. The Parker last.
Speaker 6: Week guess that sex drives only popped up in the twenty ten One of my favorite guesses in the history of anshoals the clubs became trendy in the twenty tens, and he guess sex drive.
Speaker 3: The best.
Speaker 6: Marti is here the news his next power trip morning, Join the Fan
Speaker 3: From the