Speaker 1: Pump gas today.
Speaker 2: Fill your car today, because tomorrow is gonna be vvv cold. And there's a little public service for you because if you're pumping gas tomorrow or on Friday or Saturday, you're gonna be going.
Speaker 3: Daddy Bear told me that I got a pump gas and here I am.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 4: It's so much slower in those temperatures they do.
Speaker 1: Don't think it trickles out. It's like an eye dropper. Yeah, come on.
Speaker 2: We have a little debate here between me, and it's a friendly debate. Now, Van is twenty four years old, so he's got a different worldview on a lot of things in different memory than I do. So vaunt and I you asked me yesterday a legitimate question.
Speaker 5: We were looking at a video of Bruno Mars when he was younger and he was performing and he was great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in Honeymoon in Vegas.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well he was just on stage killing it at what twelve years old, maybe.
Speaker 1: Even younger, like seven, I think.
Speaker 5: And I said to you, I said, I think Bruno Mars is comparable to a modern day Michael Jackson, is what I said.
Speaker 2: We were talking about whether he was as is iconic, as influential, or powerful as Michael Jackson looks back in the day. And I understand you don't know because you didn't live through Michael Jackson, somebody that your mom or your grandparents used to listen to back in the day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, more privy to Michael Jackson than I am, like a prince or something. But I and I love Michael Jackson. They give him all the credit. But I do think Bruno Mars is comparable to like in terms of the talent, the range, the influence. I would say we're on a worldwide basis. Yeah, okay, go ahead and present your case. I just think that Mike Bruno Mars. First of all, he's got every ability. He's got the singing right, He's amazing. He could hit tons of different notes. He can dance phenomenally. His dance in the new music video I just mids trending. He plays multiple instruments. He plays guitar, I think the bass, he plays drums. He's just iconic. There's a reason Bruno Mars does not typically do tours because he doesn't have to. He's Bruno Mars. People are gonna come to where he is. That's why I'll do a Vegas residency or just do like a one off show in Brazil out of nowhere. So I just think he's I think he's up there with Michael Jackson. Okay, do you want to play any long cliff to illustrate your point. That's my opening statement. You give your opening statement, then we'll go verse for verse.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I mean, aside from not playing instruments, Michael Jackson was. He did all of that. He danced. Nobody danced like Michael Jackson hashtag moonwalk. He sang talking about hit the high notes. He had an amazing falsetto. He had an amazing regular voice. He was just a and nobody else got the vocal accents that we all used to make fun of.
Speaker 1: Like the he he all of that. He invented that.
Speaker 2: And Michael Jackson existed in an era where a lot of creative discoveries had not been made yet Michael Jackson existed. I'll just go down the list here for you. So you know, he was in the Jackson five and that was cute, but he wasn't really a standout until he came out with the Off the Wall album in about nineteen seventy nine, and then one of the saddest songs ever, She's out of My Life, which I won't play because it makes me cry.
Speaker 3: So good, so good, I know.
Speaker 2: Then nineteen eighty two rolls around he comes out with eat It Now. The thing about this era is this is when videos on MTV were being were new, and when you watch old videos, you like you watch an old video like Daryl Hall and John Oates. They stand there and they pretend that they're singing at a concert. Nobody did theatrics until Michael Jackson did theatrical videos like this one or this one, theatrical iconic video because he was breaking ground and unfortunately had already been broken, so Bruno Mars can't really break any video ground. But then Michael Jackson did probably the most famous video.
Speaker 1: Of all times.
Speaker 2: It's like a nine or ten minute video, and they used to schedule it on MTV because you didn't have YouTube to watch it on. They'd be like, Okay, tonight, I'm Mark Goodman, and tonight on MTV at nine pm Central, we're gonna play the thriller video and people would stop their world to watch the thriller beats.
Speaker 1: And then he followed it up with songs like.
Speaker 2: If You watch the video for another iconic video because they used morphing. They would yeah, one phase to another, and now that was innovative and groundbreaking back then. So Michael lived in a time where innovation was still possible. Now everything's already been invented. So yeah, I mean, you know what, you don't have to appreciate him. You don't have the same strong memories as I do. But that's that's why I think Michael is just far and above and will be remembered forever.
Speaker 5: And sure, I do agree that Michael Jackson, especially with music videos, had influence. But you're gonna tell me that records like this weren't iconic. Bruno Mars didn't jump on the scene with this song, but this one was definitely one of the ones.
Speaker 3: And then I mean, if we're gonna take it really back.
Speaker 5: We'll play He can do a ballad, he can do he can stay that soulful ballad with you know, Lady Gaga. It's catchy vibe professing his love and it don't always gotta be sad. I mean, he can continue to do the thing where he's on songs with people or if you want to talk about upbeat, upbeat Let's pump up the gems dance song, let me get back in my bag.
Speaker 3: I'm sad. It's sad boy hours really for this one. Let's take her on a dance floor. Disco ball comes down from.
Speaker 5: The ceiling, serenade her again, not trashing Michael Jackson. The man had thirteen number ones, but Bruno Mars has had ten, so he's getting up there very comfortable.
Speaker 2: I don't disagree. I think the Bruno Mars is great. I just think as far as like an icon groundbreaking legend, Michael Jackson broke all of these rules and broke all of these you know, I don't know standards that Bruno didn't break, because they'd already been broken. Had they not been I don't know, had they what had they been broken? Had word not for Michael.
Speaker 3: Jackson, because we can't do like what if.
Speaker 5: I like that Bruno Mars is, like I said, he can do the ballot, he can do like the pop, the funk, he can do just a straight pop disco battle like.
Speaker 3: He just does it all.
Speaker 5: And I like that he plays the instruments themselves, which Michael Jackson can't say he did well.
Speaker 1: And that's true.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's I feel like that's like one of the things he has a step up on is that he can play the stuff. And I don't get me wrong, I love Bruno Mars, but like Michael Jackson is like he is the thing, like well, you know, you don't you know what I mean, Like he's the thing that we're basing where like comparing Bruno Mars to Michael Jackson.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not Michael Jackson to Bruno Mars.
Speaker 5: With a lot of text messages, somebody said, Michael Jackson's way better than that person, Bruno Mars. It's like a king versus a jester. Nothing we'll ever touch Michael Jackson, king of pop. Sit down, vont sure? Michael Jackson is the king of pop. And I I, like I said, I'm giving Michael Jackson's credit, but I think Bruno Mars is next in line.
Speaker 1: I don't know that.
Speaker 2: I would say Prince would probably be just a hair behind Michael Jackson. But then again, I respect the fact that you're twenty four years old and you didn't live through It's kind of like explaining to somebody like the Space Shuttle Challenger explosion and how powerful that was.
Speaker 1: I wasn't alive.
Speaker 2: I don't understand how the world stopped, or a better example lately nine to eleven. Try explaining to Carson why nine to eleven was earth shattering, and he'll be.
Speaker 1: Like on TV once because you didn't.
Speaker 2: You didn't live through the emotion and the excitement and the day to day unfolding of Michael Jackson and him coming from you know, a little kid to just iconic.
Speaker 6: I'm in the new era to take over, and like I think again, Bruno Mars is great when Dave said, when you say, Dave though that like Prince is just one step behind Michael Jackson. That's something that I actually disagree with, where I actually know more Bruno Mars songs than I know Prince songs. Okay, so I'm sure he had, like, you know, an influence, but like he wasn't in my life. But I feel like Michael Jackson was in everyone's life.
Speaker 1: Everybody bought the Thriller album, right exactly.
Speaker 7: I feel like also like if you grew up in Minnesota, Prince was such a big thing here, but it wasn't as he wasn't as big in other states.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I disagree, I'm going to disagree.
Speaker 4: Well, I know you grew up in Colorado so.
Speaker 2: Well, when Prince was big, maybe because I've in radio and I also watched a lot of MTV back then, and Prince did great videos, but his songs were just there was no songs like Prince music. Really, oh absolutely, when Dove's cry was like, what was that? Because that's amazing.
Speaker 3: I know I'm young, but.
Speaker 5: I grew up and Michael Jackson obviously died. I don't know how many years before twenty ten or something, but I still knew so much.
Speaker 3: Michael Jackson.
Speaker 5: The first time I ever heard about Prince was when he passed in twenty sixteen. Really, and I still, even like living here for almost three years, I could still only name you maybe a handful of Prince songs.
Speaker 2: Wow, And that's okay because you know what if you go back and how interested are you. Let's say your mom and dad used to listen to Fleetwood Mac, Well, it's like, okay, you respect him, but do you really want to go back and listen to something that you know some people do and some people don't. Right, it's a generation or two before you, Yeah, So why why bother?
Speaker 6: Some of detextans saying Bruno is Vaunt's generations Michael Jackson totally.
Speaker 1: Oh true. Steve is on the phone.
Speaker 2: Steve, We're having a little debate Michael Jackson versus is Bruno Mars, who's more iconic?
Speaker 1: What's up, Steve? Try again? Now you're on go ahead?
Speaker 8: Oh morning, guys. How you doing?
Speaker 3: Good? Ahead?
Speaker 8: Good good. It's rare that I actually agree with bon So this is amazing. But I just turned on the radio and heard caught up what was going on? And I've been in multiple of these debates where I've said Bruno Mars is one of the best artists and.
Speaker 3: Can we ask real quick, how old are you? What generation you're more Michael.
Speaker 8: No, I'm forty three, buddy, Okay. Yeah, So I grew up around Michael and him being little and looking up to him in the ABC's and all that awesome stuff. But Bruno Mars I saw on concert once, I don't know, not even ten years ago at Excel, and I've been to Bonnerou ten times over. He put on one of the best musical shows I have ever seen, hands down.
Speaker 1: I've never seen it, but I would agree with that.
Speaker 2: I would say, like Michael Jackson was a recording artist and not so much of performance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, A recording artist. What Michael moonwall videos?
Speaker 2: You don't really see think of watching Michael Jackson during a concert video other than the Motown twenty five special when he did the Moonwalk. Nobody ever saw Michael do a concert.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: All right, we had to take a break, Thanks Steve, Thanks for calling in a good day. We'll be right back on KTWB when we come back. What are you going to the doctor for today? Okay, not to dwell on something awful, but if you've got you know, what do you go to the doctor for today? Maybe you've got strep throw Maybe you're going for your you know, three month baby exam. Maybe you're going because you've got a tick.
Speaker 3: Don't you get that?
Speaker 1: A tick like a.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize.
Speaker 2: Text me and let me know why you're going to the doctor today, or use the talk back feature. I'd love to hear you talk about it. You got thirty seconds. Tap the red microphone button on the stream on the iHeartRadio app. Why are you going to the doctor today, kad There's a lot of people are going to the doctor today. What are you going to the doctor for today? Whether it's like serious or whether it's a baby well, what go well, baby check up or whether it's you know, you got this thing, you got this rash, you got a bump, you go to the doctor for a bump on your head, Bailey.
Speaker 3: I did go to that. It was a calcium build up, and it's nothing to worry about. I wish it was something so I could get it shaved off because I hate it.
Speaker 4: I just want to get why all shaved off?
Speaker 1: I do have a belt sand sander at home.
Speaker 3: Do you can you bring it in?
Speaker 1: I'll bring it in tomorrow.
Speaker 8: We'll hear that.
Speaker 2: Okay, so let's do some talk packs. Why are you going to the doctor today? Let's find out. Oh okay, I thought you were sorry. Stay by me.
Speaker 9: I went to the doctor yesterday, and while I was happy that I did not gain anyway, but I also did not lose none. I am short, shorter a half an inch, Like, what the heck?
Speaker 2: Okay, it happens. It happens. My dad was like five ten when he was young. Yes, he's like five six yeah when he got old.
Speaker 3: My mom's five to two now, she used to be five to five. Wow.
Speaker 2: Seriously, yeah, I got some more. I got fun. Okay, why are you going to the doctor today.
Speaker 10: I am going to the doctor today because I am starting physical therapy on my ankle, which I sprained ten weeks ago on a party bus.
Speaker 1: On a party bus. Yeah, girl, that's my girl.
Speaker 10: I actually just had a virtual doctor's appointment because I have been sick with a very bad cold for about five days now.
Speaker 1: Not fun, No, it sounds terrible. All right, why are you going to the doctor?
Speaker 8: Good morning?
Speaker 7: I have a blood draw or a lap appointment this morning.
Speaker 11: I had a kenney transplant two and a half years ago, and I'm just.
Speaker 6: Doing routine lamps this morning before I head off to my job at the same hospital.
Speaker 12: Have a great Wednesday.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Blood draws are the worst, and you always get if you get the nurse that's one hundred and seventeen years old, are the phlebotomus, And then they come in and they're they're done. It's painless, and you're like, oh, and they're nice to you and they're nice yeah yeah, And then sometimes you get the new one who's like okay, who They're looking at your neck and you're going, you got some good veins there. You're like, can you try my arm instead?
Speaker 3: And they're like, I'm sorry. I can't find a vein, all right?
Speaker 1: Why going to the doctor.
Speaker 10: Hey, guys, the reason I'm going to the doctor today is to get stitches out of my hip. I had my third hip surgery at the age of twenty six last Friday, and I'm finally getting the stitches out, so I'm excited. Hopefully I'll get off crutches soon because it is not fun with the ice and crutches.
Speaker 1: Oh God, sure, Why going to the doctor?
Speaker 12: Good Morning, Day Ryan Show. Apparently I need to go to the doctor because standing at the counter while looking at my sour dough I'm trying to make, I threw out my hip and my lower back and now can barely walk, so I have.
Speaker 4: To go get that checked out.
Speaker 1: Just standing there. Peez, that's funny.
Speaker 3: One.
Speaker 13: I actually am going to the doctor yesterday and tomorrow because I was on a quick little trip for four days. And you know how your dog's miss you oh so much. My dogs were all up under my feet when I was trying to get ready and showered and went into my bathroom with blowder in my hair, and next thing i know, I'm coming to and there's blood everywhere, and I had tripped over my dog. Smoked my head, went to the hospital major concussion, ended up having a seizure and get checked out.
Speaker 2: Oh geez, this is amazing how you can do your dog like, will you move this way?
Speaker 1: And the dog moves that way too? The dog get out.
Speaker 3: Some text messages I can read.
Speaker 1: What do you got?
Speaker 6: This one says I have a mammogram appointment today. Yay to squeezing the boobies.
Speaker 4: They really squeeze on my mammogra I do in need luck?
Speaker 6: Someone says I'm going to the doctor today for a sleep injury. I slept wrong on my arm and shoulder and now I can't turn my head.
Speaker 3: To the right.
Speaker 1: Oh out.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 6: Next week I have to go to the doctor for an anal manum tree test manometry test. They put a catherine in your butt with a balloon to test pressures and you have to squeeze and push during the procedure.
Speaker 3: A cousin aenel. Uh, this one's bod.
Speaker 6: My husband has a one centimeter kidney stone that's too big to pass. At noon, he goes in to talk about options to how to get that meteor out of his body.
Speaker 2: Does he they use ultrasound or something to like explode it into tiny little particles and you can expel it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 6: Speaking of on my way to the doctor right now for my ten week ultrasound, hopefully going to hear the heartbeat baby. Someone says three month cortizone shot today with my hot doctor.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 6: This one says, going to see the dermatologist today for my daughter.
Speaker 3: She's got this boil and oozing and cottage.
Speaker 6: Cheesy JK, that's Dave's bit, but truly going to the dermatologists my daughter does have a rash.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah, God.
Speaker 6: This one says I'm going to the doctor to get stitches out of the palm of my hand after carpal tunnel seargery. How this one says, my four year old is covered in red dots everywhere chicken pox or something else, red sharpen who.
Speaker 3: Knows red sharpie good?
Speaker 1: Be all right?
Speaker 2: Coming up with ludwar in a second, coming up, and you can't make this stuff. Forty seven percent of parents let their kids do this. Forty seven percent say no. Apparently the other six percent are undecided. Do you let your kids do this? I did not, but some parents do, and I find it in very bad taste.
Speaker 1: What is it? We'll tell you next.
Speaker 2: But then but first, oh first, yeah, sorry, I just check it out. The Old Bond commercial that she spoke of a classic on Katie WB.
Speaker 14: Mister Ivan Glotsky of New Haven, Connecticut explains why he uses Old Bond medicated powder.
Speaker 11: There was a tingling, like a bad wish, like a prickly heat, and then the tingling ted into an oozing. And the tingling kind of turned into an oozing which was kind of a mucasy blood kind of a crack with a dry flakiness all over. That came out of my pcocta thing. And that's when I tried the old bond.
Speaker 3: And what happened as soon as you applied the old bond.
Speaker 11: Well, it's solidified into kind of a chunky mass. It was adhering to all the hand I was covered with puzzy, mucasy masses of chunky white cheesy like a cream cheesy goop substance. It was oozing from the crack.
Speaker 14: Mister Glosky, describe your symptoms after using the Old Bond for just one week.
Speaker 11: It was an oozing with a puss with a white cakey substance. It was kind of like a cottage cheese and would fill up with blood and I would have to lance it and drain it. So I put on molpata and then what would happen is to begin to bubble and stink, and then the cocta wound opened up and had this mucus that would dump out of my paint leg and small puffs of white, chunky ooze. It would hit the ground and dust would fly up everywhere when I walked, and I looked like a small railroad engine.
Speaker 14: Mister Glosky, would you recommend old bond to your friends?
Speaker 11: Yes, I would. It was good, and I would recommend it for anything except for like a bloody ooze with a lot of puffs, because that turned into like a boil and I had to have it looked at, and it was ingrown and they was plucking hairs and it was a horrible smelling thing. But I won't eat in that restaurant anymore. Besides, they don't.
Speaker 1: Know me anyway.
Speaker 15: Well, search Dave Ryan TV and.
Speaker 2: Subscribe a lot of people going to the doctor today. We just kind of asked randomly, why going to the doctor today, and we got a couple of more talk backs.
Speaker 1: What do we got.
Speaker 15: Well, it wasn't this morning, but it was yesterday morning. Went to the doctors for my middle child having a stomach ache for the last couple of days and really really bad smelling gas. All for the doctor to just tell me, oh, give her some mir relax a couple of days in a row, maybe a week or so. If it's not better, then then maybe we'll figure something else out.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, are you serious? I took work off for this.
Speaker 2: Asked my question did the mir real axe work? Personal question? But I'm wondering last one.
Speaker 16: I am currently at the doctor with my father. He had to get a colonoscopy and he needed someone to escort him, So just waiting for him to get out of their recovery they.
Speaker 1: Can't drive home.
Speaker 10: From a.
Speaker 1: Couple of text messages, why going to the doctor today?
Speaker 6: This one says I'm on the way to the doctor, but to work. I'll be the for fourteen mammograms. Get those boobs check, ladies. Going to the doctor in hopes to finally find a doctor who will figure out why I keep getting severe allergic reactions.
Speaker 3: Going to get my thumb looked at.
Speaker 6: Hyper extended on my recent cruise, getting off the water slide with my kid. I'm going to the doctor today because I have hammer toe and the neuroma on my foot. It's making my toes look funky and it hearts ouch.
Speaker 3: And a lot of people are getting babies checked out today, so they're at a.
Speaker 6: Variety of weeks and they wanted to leave, get out, get.
Speaker 11: Out of there.
Speaker 1: Get Yeah, well they're pregnant.
Speaker 6: Okay, going to my thirty four week pregnancy checkout, ready to get this baby out?
Speaker 1: Works? Yeah, all right, thank you, and let's do one.
Speaker 3: On w b U.
Speaker 2: Brought you by the Lee Agency. Do you let your kids do this? Basically, half do and half don't. I did not let my kids swear, and they never swore around me. Carson still doesn't. He used to say, what the crap, What the crap, what the crap? He swears occasionally. Beth swears like a sailor, and Chase also does, but when they were young, they really didn't. Yeah, but some parents are totally fine with it. I remember I I would say a lot of us swear words when I was a kid. My mom would say, where did you learn that word from?
Speaker 9: You, mom?
Speaker 1: Which was totally true.
Speaker 2: Most parents claim their kids never forty four percent or rarely use profanity, and twenty four percent say their kid swears occasionally or frequently. I was over at an old girlfriend's house one time, and she was then married, and she had a kid about fifteen years old, and he swore right in front of me and right in front of her.
Speaker 1: I thought that was so.
Speaker 2: Weird and wrong and disrespectful. Yes, and I didn't say anything, But it's like, man, I would have if I would have ever sworn around my dad's friends, I would have caught the back of his hands so fat.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I remember, even when I started saying, like I'm pissed off, my Stepmam would be like, you cussing, You cuss.
Speaker 11: It around me.
Speaker 7: I'm like, no, no, I'd swear a lot around my parents now, but I did not growing up. I got my mouth washed with soap when I said but when I was Oh, that's how it was. But now as adults, we do swear sometimes, and even our parents are like kind of like okay with swearing sometimes because they never swore around us either.
Speaker 2: Really, Yeah, okay, Yeah, I swore around my kids all the time. Yeah, I were good enough to not do it around me.
Speaker 6: My Mom would only really swear if like she was driving, so then she would swear and we'd be like, but I even now today, I am thirty five, and if I do like squeak out a swear word and in front of my mom, I'll be like, like everything inside me goes, oh good, Yeah, because I would never swear in front of my mom.
Speaker 2: Oh you you're polite and you don't swear that much around Jenny and I swear a lot. Yeah, I swears a little bit, like maybe close does, but not that much. But Bailey is not really You're not you don't swear that much.
Speaker 5: I even feel like Jenny's a little bit lighter than you and I a.
Speaker 3: You're not in here all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I swear quite a bit.
Speaker 3: My studio is in another city.
Speaker 2: That is you can't make this stuff up. Brought to you by the Leo Agency. We're gonna cover Dave's dirt for you in just a second. Stay here on KDWB.
Speaker 3: We could dance. We could dance on that.
Speaker 2: Just a priline reminder. Is going to get very cold this weekend. I think tomorrow's load, like the overnight load tonight is going to be twenty one.
Speaker 4: It's a high of eight tomorrow. I'm on a high of negative eight on Friday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like, this is what you need to do. You need to get at your crock pot. And I plan on Saturday to stay home and make something to run down to cub and buy something delicious to throw in the crock pop pot roast for example. Yea pot roast in.
Speaker 3: There sound so good.
Speaker 7: There's some chicken in there yesterday, also yesterday. So I am back in therapy because I just think I need therapy every once a while all the time.
Speaker 4: But I'm backing it.
Speaker 7: Good for you and finding a therapist everyone knows kind of like finding a good partner.
Speaker 4: It's it's kind of a journey.
Speaker 3: I say, it's harder.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it is pretty hard. And I'm just like a little bit bummed because it's not that this new person. I started going to a new person because the last person kind of invaded my privacy of being in radio and I didn't appreciate that. And so this new person, like she's a very kind human. However, our sessions are literally me just like telling her something that's going on in my life and her being like yeah, uh huh oh oh yeah. And then I'll finish, and she just looks at me and I do it over zoom because I'm not really I don't really want to go into an office honestly, and she just looks at me, and I'm like, isn't it your job now to like therapy me?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Please?
Speaker 4: Please?
Speaker 3: Something I can to.
Speaker 2: Back up your statement, because that's been I've been to therapy maybe three or four times, and I get the same thing. So I can tell your story, uh huh uh huh how do you feel about that? Uh huh huh.
Speaker 4: It's not even like how do you feel about it? It's usually just like, yeah, well.
Speaker 1: That's a weird I could be that therapist.
Speaker 4: I like, I feel like.
Speaker 7: The things that she's gotten into that it's like therapy talk are things that I have said, Like I've talked about attachment issues I have, and she'll bring some of that stuff up, but not from her perspective, her being like, well, you've mentioned that you have this before, and there's no solutions, there's no guidance, there's no advice of like do this or do that, And so I'm just I'm bummed to obviously, because like I really want to have someone who I feel like I can talk to and get help from. And once again, this person's very nice. It's just that like, I'm kind of like I could be a therapist. If this is all that you give to someone.
Speaker 2: Well, I've heard that's called I think reflective therapy. I think when they go how do you feel about that?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: How does that make you feel? And then you kind of explored a little bit. Yeah, But I'm like I can do that myself. I want someone like you. I want solutions. I want to like, UK, you need to do this, or you need to whatever. And that's not really what therapists do.
Speaker 1: From what I understand. They don't give you a solution. I don't know, I don't know how it works.
Speaker 7: But you know they do because the first person I ever saw, and now we go through a company with iHeartRadio where they give you free sessions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's the same person that pierces your ears down to the mall.
Speaker 8: Ye.
Speaker 7: They're not that good, it might mean, but the first person I ever went to, she was so so great. She gave me so many solutions for my anxiety. I was dealing with some really major anxiety as she's back then, and she gave me so many solutions and kind of.
Speaker 4: Just like I don't know exercises I guess to do.
Speaker 7: And then she kind of broke down what anxiety was. Like she did a really good job of breaking down what I was going through. And that's one thing that I need, is I need to understand why I feel a certain way or while why my anxiety.
Speaker 4: Is flaring up or whatever it is.
Speaker 7: Whereas like, I think a lot of people think that you just go to therapy to talk, and it's like, no, I don't. I have people I can talk to. I know, a therapist is supposed to be the person who has no opinion, Like they don't know you, they don't know who you might be talking about. But like I don't need someone to just talk to, I need someone to help me, yeah.
Speaker 3: Or like at least articulate.
Speaker 6: Help you articulate what it is that you're feeling and what it is that you need.
Speaker 5: And it sucks because I'm in the kind of really same boat as you, Jenny. I have my first therapy appoint me today actually for my first time in a minute. The last therapist that I had through the company that you know that we do things with, it was just like Okay, all right, so let's tell me about this then, and then I'll tell them another story or something else I'm feeling, okay, well, then tell me about No, I'm not just telling you stories, like right, the he diagnosed me isn't the work, but I'm trying to say, but yes, help me figure out what to do next, how to proceed.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So yeah, And unfortunately the first therapist I ever want to they don't offer her anymore through the company that we use, so I don't know, there's a point where it's like maybe I need to just start paying or seeing if my insurance covers some other form and not going through the company that we go through with our with iHeart, but yeah, it was just kind of a bummer. I was like giving this person one more chance after the first session of already not really vibing with it.
Speaker 4: And after yesterday, I was like, yeah, I think I gotta find someone.
Speaker 5: And it just sucks because then it turns you off from like well, dang, maybe you know I just shouldn't do therapy, And that's what happened to me.
Speaker 3: At least, I was just like, never mind, screw it.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of text messages and I can't read all of them, but somebody says there is basically, some therapists are taught not to offer solutions, but what you're looking for is what they call solution focused therapy. So you tell them what's on your mind and your stories, and they'll be like, well you should do this and this and this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what am I paying you for?
Speaker 8: Though?
Speaker 3: If you're not offering solutions just to listen?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I think, possibly, again, do you want that?
Speaker 7: I'm not saying that there's not an audience who wants that, because I think a lot of people do want that. However, it's weird when I'm clearly done speaking and it's like ten seconds of me of us just staring back and forth at each other, and I'm waiting for I'm like, I just.
Speaker 4: Spoke for like five minutes. What are you I'm just saying now? But yeah, it's like dead it.
Speaker 1: Or isn't it.
Speaker 2: Two times that I've had therapy, there was kind of like we'd run out of things to talk about. We still had thirty minutes left to go in the session, and I'd be like, so, what are you doing this weekend? Oh, I'm going ice fishing. I was like okay, tic tick tick tick. Yeah, So no, I've never I respect it, but I've never been like, Wow, I really been glad I went to therapy. I just was like, and I even told one therapist I said, I really, I've been to some other ones, not a lot, but I want some solutions. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, for sure, no solutions. So I'm sorry you're going through that, but I mean it's okay.
Speaker 7: I just yeah, I feel like a lot of people people can probably relate. But good luck want with your session today.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 4: The person you have is good.
Speaker 3: Thank you, and good luck to you too.
Speaker 1: I think, okay, let's do the dirt will be the.
Speaker 4: Third wheel to any celebrity couple.
Speaker 7: We just need an invite Dave's Dirt on KADWB.
Speaker 2: All right, Keenan and kel are getting back together for it and Kel meet Frankenstein.
Speaker 3: That's not no moment kating to kill me.
Speaker 2: They're gonna start filming this summer. No word on a release date.
Speaker 4: Okay, that'll be fun.
Speaker 7: This is kind of crazy in my opinion, because I think we all look at Taylor Swift as like this sweet little angel. However, she has been involved in the legal battle between Blake Lively and Justin Baldoni. And there's some candid text exchanges between Blake Lively and Taylor Swift that have been released, and the messages include Taylor allegedly calling Baldoni a bitch who and who had gotten out his tiny violin and offering to back Lively's uh push for a script revision, and while Blake labeled Baldoni a dufist and a clown in it.
Speaker 4: And it's just like kind.
Speaker 7: Of crazy, how you think you're just texting your friend about their crappy coworker and now it's in this.
Speaker 3: Like legal battle. Let's be publicize.
Speaker 2: Everywhere, but let's be fair to Taylor. She didn't do anything that any other friend wouldn't do. Bailey was complaining about, you know, some guy that broke her heart. I would text her back and be like, yeah, that little bitch in his tiny violin.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's what friends do.
Speaker 3: Said, yeah exactly.
Speaker 6: K Pop Demon Hunters is breaking a new record for Netflix.
Speaker 3: It is now the most.
Speaker 4: Watched title ever.
Speaker 3: Really over a six month period.
Speaker 6: So that's with four hundred and eighty two million views, And this is based on Netflix's July to December report, which didn't include the first ten days of the movie's release, so I can only imagine maybe when it comes back to July again, they'll come out with a new number and maybe it'll break even more records. So if you haven't seen K Pop Demon Hunters yet, get on it.
Speaker 3: It's good, BoNT Leekna.
Speaker 2: If you're resisting, it's fine. Susan and I watched it because Bailey's like, watch it, and it was. It was fine, It was good, It was cute. I thought it would be like, you know, dark and demonic and whatever. It was cute and silly.
Speaker 3: Look at snowy.
Speaker 5: I didn't realize it was snowing.
Speaker 4: Oh maybe up to like an end, just a heads up. That's report.
Speaker 5: Thanks, thanks Jenny. Yesterday was a big day for nostalgia for me and millennials. It was the twentieth anniversary of high school musical January twentieth, two thousand and six is when zac Efron and all those people came into our lives. They all posted they were just like, wow, twenty years that was such a baby. Even actually, Tisday all posted a video of her wearing some of Sharpay's old outfits and she was like, twenty years and two babies later, and I still got it.
Speaker 3: I brought this up early. I wonder how.
Speaker 5: Big that movie was for the like clearly it blew up their careers. But do you think they look back at it now like, eh, whatever, Like Zach Geffron did, What's the movie with DUNDEYA?
Speaker 3: Oh, the Greatest Showman?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think that was also a big movie. You think you think it still holds that big of a place in their hearts?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would think so, or just something they.
Speaker 3: Like I did that when I was a kid.
Speaker 6: No, because it made them like Vanessa Hutchins went on to do like Broadway, she does musical.
Speaker 7: Stuff all the time, regardless of Zach Efron in high school musical was a sexual awakening for me.
Speaker 4: I loved him.
Speaker 7: For a lot of people, such a crush on him when he was in that in Summerland.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, speaking of sexual the most promiscuous countries. The Winter Olympics still over two weeks away, but Australia has already grabbed a gold medal for promiscuity. What I guess they do a study and they found out that asses are ranked number one for their attitudes and behaviors around intimacy adults. Their report an average of thirteen point three sexual partners. They looked at forty five countries and used six different indicators, including the average number of lifetime partners, the typical age of first experience, rates of STDs, the legal status of prostitution, and how socially accepted premarital relationships are. We were there for the Olympics in two thousand, I want to say, and we went to King's Cross, which is like the center of prostitution in strip shows. And it was the weirdest night. Me and Patt ever's got worked on the show, went to a strip club I worked. Looked over Angie Taylor, who also worked on the show. She was there with a bunch of friends at the strip club as well. Yeah, and there's like legal prostitution. Pat and I we're so innocent. We're like from you know, the Midwest and stupid. And so we're talking to this woman and we're sitting there at a table and we're having drinks or whatever, and she started to get a little bit impatient with us because she was like, I'm talking to you guys, when are you gonna ask me to go up to one of the rooms I'm.
Speaker 3: Like not not. What if my mom found.
Speaker 2: Out she did gross? Here are the most promiscuous countries. Number one Australia, Number two, Brazil, Greece, then Chile. It's not Chili, by the way, it's Chile, Chile, New Zealand, at Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Thailand, and South Africa. We are not in the United States in the top ten, but we're working on and no we're not okay, And that is the dirt on Katie WB. We'll be back in a second. We got more cone and great concert tickets and then the most Minnesota phone call we've ever had ever coming up in about ten