Speaker 1: Mojo Big Run start.
Speaker 2: Let me take you back to the beginning.
Speaker 3: Alrighty, ready, you're listening to Mojo in the Morning.
Speaker 2: You're a Dodo ahead. Good morning and welcome to the Mojo in the Morning show. This is it. This is the last five days before we have a winner and somebody driving home a brand new twenty eight thousand dollars Chevy Tracks or walking away with a twenty thousand dollars check written now to pay to the order of you. Would you like that your chance with our summer of cars, cash and gas. So Friday is the grand finale that we will have at Gordon Chevrolet. They are in the Detroit area. If you would like to get a Chevy. I know Mike Porter is a huge Mojo on the Morning Listener. He actually prides himself and obviously being the number one Chevy dealership in Detroit, but he also prides himself in our listeners that call from Grand Rapids, Toledo or around the world. He'll get you into a car. So Gordon Chevrolet dot com. You don't have to pay for this one, though. This would be a nice car to be able to have. Could you imagine I used to always wake up on days that I would fake sick to stay home with my mom and watch the prices writ And when they opened up that curtain or whatever that thing was and said a new car, I would get so excited. I don't know, And I never got excited be you know, for you know, me winning a car. I got excited for somebody else went in a car. And that's what I feel like when we do this contest. Was l nice to see you guys. We were out for a couple of days. We went to Cleveland, Ohio and went to a think called Morning show boot Camp. You heard us talk about this, or maybe over the years have heard it talked about on our show. It's a radio convention of a bunch of podcasters. Morning show radio host. There's actually nerd, can I tell you? Not as nerdy as it used to be?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think I think that because so many people podcasts nowadays.
Speaker 3: Everybody else podcasters are cool.
Speaker 2: Everybody's got a podcast. No, But here's the thing. They love radio people. Podcasters love radio people because you know why, because we have the platform to plug their podcast so they like and they know that we get a lot of views on our own podcasts, which by the way I guess we all are. They had influencers there. There's a lot of influencers that showed up there that actually they're professionals at selling crap that people don't need, because that's what I always believe influencing is you don't actually need the thing because if you needed it, you had already known and gone out and gotten it. But you might get influenced by somebody to just random we go buy something. So that's kind they were there. It was good. Bianca and Lydia came with me and I got to be honest with you. Pleasure to be with you, lesure pleasure Uh in the car and later this morning, I want to talk about getting in a car with Bianca. It Uh, it could have been bad. It actually turned out to be very good. Biaka rode in the back the entire time? Or did you ever shotgun? Or no? Mom and dad in the front, Mom and dad in the front, child in the back. Although a couple of times she's so up on top of us it was like a three person. All I kept thinking of, is God help us if we end up having somebody like cut in front of us. She's going right through the windshow so that was that was cool. Every year that there is this convention, there is always that guy. And when I'd say that guy, I'm talking about the person, you know, the person that was in your class growing up, or the person that is in you know, you're at your work and work meetings. That always has to be the person that the focus is on where they have to ask a million questions or they somehow like to like throw out a little quick jokes, or they like to sing, or they like to dance like they're in the middle of whatever it is and they're making themselves noticed. Well, this year that guy was a former country music singer and now morning show radio hosts just outside of New Orleans, New Orleans named was it twenty twig? What is it?
Speaker 4: Trig?
Speaker 2: Trinny Trigg is his name? You can work him up on.
Speaker 4: Can we play his little or his little intro?
Speaker 2: Wait? She's playing. He's a former country I think he is still a country Sorry, he played the honown here in Detroit a bunch of times. Here right here you go hearing Cleveland guys from Streeport, Louisiana one on one, R and D with.
Speaker 5: The KG Country crew sitting on to buy you.
Speaker 2: That this is a nice cowboy hat. Everything. This is in a lobby he did, Yeah, that's this was in the convention area. I mean he was all over the place. Let me so he's a character. So let me let me just say this to you guys. I don't know how to read a room. I'm a bad reader of rooms, you know what I mean. I've done this my entire life. I think that everything is all good, and I don't realize that sometimes I like to take a good thing and make it bad, Like you know, sometimes a little bit goes a long way. So Trinny Tragge was there and also shout out to Adam from Grand Rapids that was.
Speaker 3: Also there too.
Speaker 2: So he was there. So we were all hanging out one day and I realized that, you know, budgets are kind of tight. I'm like, hey, I want to buy guys lunch. So let's I'm going to buy Beyonca and Lydia lunch. Let me buy lunch for Adam, who is one of ours. So Adam, you come with us, And then I see Trinny Trigg and I said, Trinny Trig, you're eating with us, not realizing Lydia has had enough of Trinny Trig. Lydia has its Trinny Trigg has gotten on Lydia's last nerve. And if you guys know this, when Lydia gets a little bit, you know, if there's a listener that is a little too out of control. Sometimes Lydia will post on their phone when it calls in it.
Speaker 3: Says do not pick up saying, and Lydia gets kind of spicy. She's the kindest human being, but I feel like you can tell when someone's on her last nerve.
Speaker 4: Well, I wasn't mean to him, though, I don't mean mean.
Speaker 2: No, she was. Actually I thought you liked him because you were so I thought pleasant.
Speaker 6: Well, I also felt bad for the guy because you know, he just wanted to make friends and he was being really kind. But the whole time, like this is like what I heard, hold On found him?
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 7: Is that coming from a person that's from wild Thornberry?
Speaker 6: This is all I heard in my head. My brain was going crazy, like I couldn't hear.
Speaker 2: So, so I invited I invited Trinny Trag to come with us to lunch. And guess where Triny Trag sets.
Speaker 6: Start talking on me, rubbing my back just trying to like make some conversation, and.
Speaker 4: I'm like, please back up.
Speaker 3: This is your fault. You do this all the time because you are too nice, and you know, like you know when someone's about to tip the scale in terms of like turning from funny to being quite annoying, and you're like calm to lunch with all.
Speaker 4: He was encouraging it.
Speaker 6: I was so surprised that when we walked away, he was like, I had the best time.
Speaker 2: He was fine with me. I actually enjoyed Trinny. I thought Trinny was great, but we did not. Triny was kind of like Bianca on steroids.
Speaker 8: If you put me in a man form in sixty years, that's me, you know what.
Speaker 2: You know what Triny was. Trinny was kool aid lady with testosterone. Oh I'm sorry, I mean kool a lady already has testosterone. But it was. It was pretty crazy. So we're sitting there and he even ordered what lydia ordered, like lydia orders, he cobbed. He was the guy that copied everything. It was great. So I got it. So this was I think Thursday that we uh got introduced to Triny trig and so it was Thursday lunch that we went to Friday. I got to do a panel with a bunch of unbelievable like legends in the business, Jim Kerr, which, by the way, shout out to Jim Kerr, Jim Kurrs, I think, the longest running radio DJ in the world, and the guy's unbelievable works in New York City and stuff. Long story short, were there and who asked the first question? And the tiny trag and you can see me. Actually the greatest was I think I think it was Woody or one of those guys. Oh, John Jay. John Jays chose a video to me of Trinny Trigg asking a question and uh and me with a humongous smile on my face, laughing because I'm knowing how Dennis Clark is feeling right now. Dennis Clark is like Lydia, He's like, okay, you can sit down now.
Speaker 8: I recorded the question asking your question too. And then in the middle of mojar whoever answering, he taps up and he's so loud.
Speaker 3: He's like, cond you send me that.
Speaker 9: Video with me?
Speaker 10: You know you got that video? Can you please to send that over?
Speaker 2: He was great. He made a name for us.
Speaker 3: So, that's right.
Speaker 8: He was calling me on the way out of the hotel too. I'm trying to leave the hotel. He's calling me. Did you guys leave yet?
Speaker 2: I'm trying to wait. You gave him your number? Oh my gosh, look at you.
Speaker 11: He was cool him.
Speaker 2: You know, honestly, we should we should get him on. We should go and we should. I want to hear what he sounds like on the radio, because I know what he sounds like in real life, kind of hanging out. All right, hold on saying way this was I don't know if you saw this. You can see this on our on our thing here Trinny Trig, let me see if I can pull up the audio.
Speaker 4: Of this mojo porn gasoline on the fire.
Speaker 2: Wait. We were just in the middle of downtown Cleveland. By the way, have you ever been to Cleveland before? Yeah, I'll go this is yay.
Speaker 11: That's him, good man?
Speaker 1: You wanna go home?
Speaker 10: Well you just read?
Speaker 4: Can I call him?
Speaker 2: So here we have to Here was the beauty of Trinny Trig. Trinny Trig made what honestly, I've honest I've never been to Cleveland before in my life until today. I went there for the World Series against the Cobs, the Indians. Cobs and I went there a couple of times with our friends from the Gilbert family for the Cavs games. But I've gone in and gone out, kind of like you did when you went to the Pistons game this past year. If you stay there, can I tell you something? Not a lot going on in Cleveland makes the trait makes Detroit look like New York City, like a little Detroit. Yeah, it's a little little Detroit. There's like one street of things going on there and then the rest of the thing.
Speaker 1: Not a lot.
Speaker 2: Trinny Trig and Mojo before me live.
Speaker 11: You said he's calling you.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm Lydia. Call him and get him on the line.
Speaker 2: Oh, he actually called you back. What time is it there where he's at. I wonder it's an hour different. So it's five five? All right, Holy ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Trinny Trig. Triny Trigg's Onjo.
Speaker 12: In the morning.
Speaker 13: Training here in Louisiana.
Speaker 2: Trainy, I gotta before the end of this call, I got to give you Lydia's cell phone numbers. She really want to stay in touch with you. I have to tell you, I enjoyed you the most out of anybody at boot Camp this year, so I voted you as my number one uh person that I got to meet at at boot Camp.
Speaker 13: Man, I'll tell you what I was selling, my wife, my family, everybody. The incredible time that I had this year. Last year in Austin was amazing. This year was incredible, and the highlight of being there were you guys.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you.
Speaker 13: I'm going back to y'all. Really the hoigh light was meeting y'all uh and and I talked about it all the way home, told all of my family about it, and I'm gonna talk about it this morning also on my show.
Speaker 2: I love it. And you know what, here's the deal. I'm going to try to get our boss to book you for jingle Ball this year. You imagine Trainey's done done the hoe downs for the country station. Yeah yeah, so you know, maybe do that, Trainy. Say hi to Lydia.
Speaker 13: Lydia, good morning to you. It is uh five five here in Nakatus, Louisian. If you can say that.
Speaker 2: Good morning, good morning, Trainy. I just wanted to check in. I love you. We're gonna listen to you. Can we listen on an app to you or where where can we hear you?
Speaker 13: You can go to k R m D dot com, click on live and there I'll be.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm coming. I'm gonna listen to your show today, buddy. I love you so much. Have the best show.
Speaker 13: Thank you, man, I appreciate it. You got sit care. Can't wait to see you guys again and party with you.
Speaker 14: Man.
Speaker 1: Amazing.
Speaker 2: And if you need anybody to room with next year, We've got some people here that will room with you. Okay, let's get.
Speaker 13: In the man know to face here the voice and remember the name Triny Tree one on one point one.
Speaker 15: K R and D.
Speaker 2: I love it, Trady, give it up for Triny Tree. Take care body. Yeah, by the way that he has blocked his phone number.
Speaker 12: Just how good is your memory?
Speaker 16: Is Mojo in the mornings back in the day?
Speaker 9: What you did?
Speaker 1: This stuff happen? All right?
Speaker 2: Let me get you. Oh this is good. Hillary Duff tickets? Is that right Lydia? Am I right in saying that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Hillary Duff? A lot of people talking about her tour around the world so far. Actually, I think Jay Towers went to her recently. Yeah, I think.
Speaker 3: One was she at Madison's Guare Garden where she brought out Joe Madden.
Speaker 2: No is the one that where there was a fight in the audience. Okay. This was the year that Jennifer Lawrence tripped and fell at the Oscars while accepting her Best Actress award.
Speaker 17: The fall on the way up to the stage.
Speaker 3: Was that on purpose?
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 11: What happened?
Speaker 4: Like at my dress?
Speaker 3: I tried to walk upstairs in this dress?
Speaker 2: The second Anchor Man movie came out in the chare Is that your foot between my legs?
Speaker 18: No?
Speaker 19: Oh, I'm sorry, here's my hand.
Speaker 2: And justin Timberlakes Mirrors was the big song Hilary duff Pine knapp this Saturday and your chance to win a pair of tickets? What year was that?
Speaker 1: Who? What a big brain you have?
Speaker 2: Tell us when that stuff happened?
Speaker 20: Call us at eighty four to four Mojo Live to tell us eight four four six six five sixty five eight What's the Mojo in the Morning showed live on your phone.
Speaker 16: We're live now on TikTok Live, YouTube, Facebook and twitch.
Speaker 2: Wa'ts the show live on Mojo.
Speaker 1: In the Morning.
Speaker 18: Mojo in the Morning.
Speaker 11: In the Morning.
Speaker 16: Testing your memory this early in the morning.
Speaker 9: This is Mojo's back in the day, Back in the day.
Speaker 12: What year did this stuff happen?
Speaker 2: She's so cute. Jennifer Lawrence was talking about when she tripped on her way up to go accept her Best Actress award at the Oscars.
Speaker 11: The fall on the way up to the stage.
Speaker 3: Was that on purpose?
Speaker 18: What happened?
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 17: What happened?
Speaker 4: Like at my dress?
Speaker 3: I tried to walk upstairs in this dress.
Speaker 2: Anchorman two was out in theaters. That's you a question? Is that your foot between my legs?
Speaker 21: No?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm sorry, here's my hand. I love this song ten years from justin Timberlake. Song he actually wrote for his wife, Jessica Bielle.
Speaker 9: What year was a.
Speaker 2: What's going on? Sarah?
Speaker 22: Good morning, everybody?
Speaker 23: Good morning morning, tell us everybody this.
Speaker 2: Morning, fantastic, doing great now that I'm listening to I was just listening to the song, I apologize. What year was that?
Speaker 22: It's twenty thirteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, congratulations, twenty thirteen. What gave it away? Jennifer Lawrence.
Speaker 24: I'm an an Oscars watcher.
Speaker 3: Okay, so funny?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Didn't she end up doing it twice? She did it at another event.
Speaker 2: I think, so yeah, stairs are heart. We're going to set you up with a pair of tickets to see Hillary Duff at Pine Knob Saturday night. You're going to be going to the show. Congratulations, suit, Let's go Hill And that show, by the way, is completely sold out, so there's no chances to get them. Oh crap, I just dropped everything. If you don't win them from us, you're not going to get them. So Hillary Duff tickets again tomorrow morning with the back in the day, Sarah, have the best time, enjoy your day to day.
Speaker 24: Thank you.
Speaker 25: You guys are great.
Speaker 2: Appreciate you. I got to figure oh ed Sharon ed Sharon tickets, by the way. Luke went to Chris Stapleton and Laney Wilson said he knew about no songs. He didn't know any of the music at all, but he said, man, that crowd was like Hi, yeah, they.
Speaker 26: Took over downtown. I've never seen so many cowboy hats and boots.
Speaker 2: He said, it was fantastic. It was like wild. He goes, man, he goes because he went to, you know, do the Morgan Wallin thing too, So he was like it was like on par with that as far as how people were excited, this is ed Sharon. Though at that same place ford Field, your chance to go text to win, text shape shape to nine five five zero zero and you could be winning a pair of tickets. That show is going to be August twenty nine. So we've got a few more weeks or a couple more weeks.
Speaker 9: In the Morning's Dirty on the thirty.
Speaker 2: Thank you to Bianca for picking up my papers. As right now we're going to get a look at what's trending. Our first Dirty of the week, Shannon, what's going on?
Speaker 3: Well, everybody who lives in LA was talking over the weekend about this guy that was living on a billboard and Netflix was behind this little promotional stunt.
Speaker 11: A starring role on the big screen.
Speaker 27: It's the Hollywood dream, but in this case, the screen is a billboard above Sunset Boulevard, inside a small enclosed space built to look like a home. A man waves and gazes down, surprising pedestrians and drivers.
Speaker 2: I thought it was like an a I bought or something that was just like moving inside of the billboard. So when I stop, I'm like, is that a real and then he starts waving. I'm like that's a real person.
Speaker 27: The billboard promotes a new Netflix sci fi thriller called The Last House.
Speaker 2: The film's plot is about.
Speaker 27: A family mysteriously trapped inside their home. The movie looks tense and scary in some scenes. The frightened family uses a whiteboard to communicate with neighbors, but the man in the billboard brings out smiles, waving at the people who stop and stare, dancing at times and writing friendly messages.
Speaker 4: I love the little like signs. He's like, very playful. He's very interactive.
Speaker 3: Yes, lots of It's such a good idea. It's done. It was Thursday through yesterday, and I think the guy is down now. F I kind of want to watch the show. And I don't even like scary things.
Speaker 2: What a cool promo. I mean, it really is really cool. By the way, I was, I've been watching. I just started. I think I'm like almost done. Pan Am Flight one oh three. Have you guys seen that on Netflix?
Speaker 3: Show?
Speaker 2: Could it's worth watching?
Speaker 3: I guess show it's.
Speaker 2: Funny because I remember that you know that happened, that there was a bomb on the plane and stuff like that. The investigation part of that whole thing was wild it was.
Speaker 3: The nineteen eighties.
Speaker 2: It was eighty eight, nineteen eighty eight that happened.
Speaker 19: Yeah. Wow.
Speaker 2: And by the way, I did not see Spider Man over the weekend, but everybody else did. Did you see how much money?
Speaker 19: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean there's and the Odyssey is still making money too.
Speaker 2: But number two it was like forty five million dollars and number two was Odyssey was only ten million dollars. Like that's how big the disparity is between that movie.
Speaker 3: A man broke into Kim kardashians sixty million dollar Hidden Hills mansion yesterday, helped himself to one of her luxury vehicles, took it for a joy ride around the neighborhood before the police finally caught up with him. When sheriff's deputies arrived, they found this guy still inside Kim's home arrested him on suspicion of burglary and theft. I guess he had also gone into the home and taken a few things from inside as well. Fortunately Kim was not home at the time. She and the kids are actually living at a nearby rental well. This mansion undergoes some pretty major renovations.
Speaker 2: Hopefully security is one of those renovations.
Speaker 3: I mean, how does that happen?
Speaker 2: Break in?
Speaker 3: I keep hearing that Tate McCrae and New Jersey Devils start Jack Hughes have officially called it quits. And the story that I heard is that he had been telling all of his friends that they had broken up before they had both had a chance to publicly confirm that their romance was no longer. So I guess she was a little bit miffed about that. And the story is that he ultimately ended the relationship because he started seeing a lot of red flags. He's already moved on dating other people. However, I keep seeing this reported everywhere, and I don't know if I believe it, because all summer up until like a week and a half ago, Tate and Jack were spotted all over the place, hanging out in Orchard Lake here in town together. In fact, some of Lucy's friends met her took selfies with her. She was very very kind and just said please just don't post them, and they were together. But then this is being reported on like page six that they're not together.
Speaker 2: So who's the guy reportedly there that she's been hanging with? Remember on that podcast that you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, Nasa Hudgins acts.
Speaker 2: What was his name, Vanessa Hugs.
Speaker 3: I mean I just know Zacha. I don't know, but I mean she wasn't down all summer and they were together until until like days ago. Austin Butler. Yeah, so I don't know what's going on there anyway. Anyway, And lastly, New Orleans has become the first major US city to let AI answer some nine calls. I don't know how I feel about this, okay. So the system is designed to handle repeat or lower priority calls so that the human dispatchers when they're tied.
Speaker 2: Up when I have problems calling.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, Now, the city officials in New Orleans said AI isn't replacing people, it's just helping manage more than a thousand emergency calls that they get a day. Obviously, not everybody's super thrilled about this. One former nine one one dispatcher warns that an AI operator can't pick up on emotions, panic confusions, speech problems, heavy accents, or the subtle clues that somebody is trying to convey that they are in danger, Like you need a human being for that. So we'll see how that goes. Yeah, miss anything from today. You can always catch up on the podcast on the iHeartRadio app Emotion in the.
Speaker 20: Morning, the social media It's Mojo in the Morning's Dirty on the thirty.
Speaker 19: Closure was optional.
Speaker 16: Second date update happens at eight twenty on Mojo in the Morning. It's Mojo in the Morning's five. It's six fifty five.
Speaker 2: Five and six to fifty five. Yeh five and six to fifty five.
Speaker 19: No.
Speaker 2: No, I was listening on Friday, Thurday. I think it was Friday morning, Yeah, Friday morning, as I'll send you guys, because I heard you guys do the five of six fifty five?
Speaker 9: Do we do?
Speaker 2: We were uh in Cleveland for that morning show. But camp did great. Actually, you know who did the best. David did the best because he took on a contestant that got zero point zero. So David, that was painful. But David actually showed a good, uh you know, valiant effort because I think you got what four out of five or five out of five? How many did you get David on Friday?
Speaker 28: On Friday?
Speaker 12: I think I got like three?
Speaker 2: Was it three or four? But he did it in front of his dog, Oh, yes, like set him over? Is she with you? Again today.
Speaker 3: Ye, Hi, good morning.
Speaker 2: I forget your.
Speaker 29: Name, honey?
Speaker 2: What's your name?
Speaker 30: Lila?
Speaker 2: Lilah? What a name? Lila? Lilah Lazarus? Remember her? The health reporter from Channel four?
Speaker 1: Back?
Speaker 2: All right? David is taking on Lindsey.
Speaker 1: Lindsey?
Speaker 2: Why am I talking like that? I'll try. Linsey, Lindsey and David say hello to each other, guys, Good morning, good luck. Lindsay's on her way home from work right now, so she's she's heading off home. David, I'm going to lock you up in a soundproof area. You and Lilah have fun talking to Lydia. Five pop culture trivia questions. Whoever gets the most right wings Ty always goes to the champion. Question number one. Lindsey on what would have been her sixty third birthday, Mattel is unveiling a Barbie doll of this iconic singer, dressed in an outfit inspired by her song I Want to Dance with Somebody? Who is She seconds to Whitney, You're done, Whitney Houston? No is your you know it? Just say say yes, Whitney Houston, Yes you got it? In she got it anytime? Question number two, which longtime Lions quarterback stepped away from the team over the weekend, right in the middle of training camp. I'll give you a multiple choice. Was it a Teddy Bridgewater, B, Jared Goff or C. Matthew Stafford.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna go with C.
Speaker 2: See you said? Is that what you said? Matthew Stafford?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 2: Question number three. L was among the most popular shows on Netflix last month based on the movie Legally Blonde. What was the name of the actress who played l in the movie? Sitherstoon? Question number four. The youngest member of the Kardashian Jenner sibling group turns twenty nine today. Who is she?
Speaker 9: Kendall?
Speaker 2: And question number five. This greedy singer is rumored to have broken up with her hockey star boyfriend Jack Hughes. Who is she? Let's bring the champ back from a sound prove area. How do you think you did?
Speaker 18: Lindsey?
Speaker 31: Okay, but the answers she got three out of five?
Speaker 2: Dave ad you ready? Stiffer competition for you and Lila? Question number one, on what would have been her sixty third birthday, mattel is unveiling a Barbie doll of this iconic singer, dressed in an outfit inspired by her. I want to dance with somebody music video. Who is she? Whitney Houston? Yeah, Whitney Houston sixty three? That's wild. She would have been sixty three. It's said Question number two, which long time Detroit Lyons quarterback stepped away from the team over the weekend right in the middle of training camp. I'll give you a multiple choice. Was it A Teddy Bridgewater, B Jared Goff or C Matthew Stafford?
Speaker 12: Teddy Bridgwater?
Speaker 28: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's that story about calv What do you think? Why is he so? Teddy Bridgewater announced his retirement. I think it was yesterday.
Speaker 32: Well, I felt like, didn't you retire years ago to go coach his high school?
Speaker 2: He did, and then he came back to help the Lions during playoffs. But just before training camp, I feel like, once you we retires, oftentimes your heart is already out of this. It's tough to get that came. I always worried, and I think we got. I don't know who what the guy's name is, Dobbs Vikings. Oh guy, I'm like he's been out for a minute. Yeah, all right, he's got to get at least one more of these to win with a tie to to win with a clean win. I think you might get all five right. Question number three. L was among one of the most popular shows on Netflix last month, based on the movie Legally Blonde. What is the name of the actress who played l in that movie?
Speaker 12: In the movie?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that thing with the phone thing is getting me. You know it's coming back at me. Can you hear me my voice coming back? No, you can't hear it. I'm the only one that can hear it. I can hear it. You can hear it two? Question number four?
Speaker 3: You see how fast my head set?
Speaker 2: Question number four. The youngest member of the Kardashian Jenner sibling group turns twenty nine today. Who is she?
Speaker 9: Thay?
Speaker 2: Seconds?
Speaker 33: That one the youngest one?
Speaker 2: Right, you're done. It is unfortunately past the three second month.
Speaker 3: Three the two.
Speaker 2: You don't hear that at all? So loud? Okay, and a clean win a four to three score if you get this one right, otherwise you'll win in with a tie. Question number five. This greedy singer is rumored to have broken up with her hockey star boyfriend Jack Hughes. What's her name?
Speaker 33: Yay?
Speaker 2: Oh it's nice you, lindsay speaking, Lilah, what do you think of that dad of yours? Thats good, that's really good, Lilah. Your dad's a superstar. You know that there'll be nobody, nobody better in this world. All Right, we're gonna set you up with a partying gift, Lindsay. Michigan State Fair is happening Labor Day weekend and it's brought to you by Vibe Credit Union or it's at the Vibe Credit Union Showplace, which is formerly known as Suburban Showplace if people don't know what it is, but it's now got a new name. You got a four pack of tickets, Lindsay, So we're gonna set you up with that. Okay, thank you, have a great morning, Love you for listening, and we'll see you tomorrow. David and Lila, make sure you're with us.
Speaker 33: All right, I'm good yo.
Speaker 16: Bhi guys, it's Mojole in the Morning's five is six fifty five.
Speaker 34: Detroit in the USNX Mosquite, Grand Page and I are radio station guaranteed.
Speaker 2: Three great radio stations, one stupid show.
Speaker 1: The morning.
Speaker 2: A lot of people are asking about Kevin and did he go to breakfast Saturday. I'll just use that term. Did you did you eat breakfast Saturday?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I did not. You did not do it. The breakfast thing good to you know, I like that hour out yesterday. Good for breakfast, good for you. No breakfast for you. It's better to It's better to uh intermittent fast away from that. Okay. I asked some French toast yesterday. That was phenomenal. And I'm not a big French toast person. I'm I like regular wheat toes, little strawberry jelly.
Speaker 32: But asked some French saus yesterday, some some eggs, so little pineapple momosa and stuff.
Speaker 2: keV has keV has been kind of seeing uh this beautiful lady. Uh her aim to only us is our magazine girl because you met her at the our magazine party. But there was some conversation that came into play of if this relationship were to get more serious, you were gonna need to do something and what was that get her? A promise? Ring?
Speaker 3: WHOA?
Speaker 32: So we So she was over yesterday. I'm I'm doing my puzzles. I'm puzzling and uh she on a college working on some stuff. And I don't remember how we got on the topic, but we did and she brought up that. Now she's an avid listener, so she'd be hearing stuff, and she heard our dating conversation and I think she saw it on socials. So Banka and I we wanna start having conversations about.
Speaker 2: No, no, no. By the way we talked about that, I just went real quickly throw this out there. Bionca Lydia and I were having this conversation, we can't do this picking and choosing thing if we to the listeners, we share to the listeners social wise too. All right, we'll have our meeting later weekend. We'll talk in the meeting about it. But about this though.
Speaker 32: She saw that on there, So we started to have the real conversation between her and I and not with all of us here about dating and you know what that means and all of that. So I'm kind of joking where I'm like, her birthday is like in a couple of weeks or some so I'm like, well, what if I just ask you to be my girlfriend on your birthday? Like in my mind, like I'm kind of halfway joking, but like there you joke got a little seriousness it right. So she was like, well, if that's going to happen, then I'm going to need a promise ring.
Speaker 3: Was joking or no?
Speaker 32: She was serious? She was she was for real. I'm like, I promise like in my mind, that's like week. I was like, what do you what do you really do it? She's like, I need you to promise to me that you're not going to break my heart. Like that's what a promise ring is.
Speaker 2: And I was like, I feel like a promise ring is like middle school high school.
Speaker 3: Thank you, That's why I grown. When you said that, I was like, no, I cannot handle when adults give promise rings. I'm like, just know that you're in a committed relationship and if you ultimately get engaged, okay, then you buy a ring ring.
Speaker 2: That's where I'm at.
Speaker 3: I had a promise ring in high school.
Speaker 2: Really, I actually.
Speaker 3: Still have it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, whoa why?
Speaker 3: No? No no no. We were together for years and years and we like mutually broke up because.
Speaker 2: You get it at Claire's boutique.
Speaker 3: No, I don't know. I'm sure his parents bought it and helped him buy shit, but it was nice. Why do you have this because it is a memento from my past. It's in my rubber made box with my probably yeah no, no, no, no, no, that's so sweet.
Speaker 2: I wonder Well, first off, let's open that to the listener, because obviously Shannon and I both think a promise ring seems very high school high school And I don't know what your thoughts were. Did you kind of chuckle with that too? Okay, But here's the thing I want to hear what listeners think about this? Eight four four Mojo Live or text call me to nine five five zeros and Lydio will get you on. Just got one quick thing if you give her a promise ring A what kind of budget do you do? But two or B? Is it going to send a mixed signal? Like does it send a signal that you're now forever? Like this is marriage type thing?
Speaker 32: Well, I mean that would be the only reason I'm dating somebody for real, Like I'm not. I don't think anybody dates with the intention of breaking up in two years, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like you date with the intention.
Speaker 32: Of, like, okay, being with this person and hopefully being with this person leads to something that's a forever thing.
Speaker 9: Week.
Speaker 3: So can I ask a question because I feel like we jumped from a couple of weeks ago when you didn't even know about using the phrase dating because it was so one on one and like very committed, Like that meant you were very committed to now taking it to two steps ahead, yeah, and talking about about.
Speaker 2: A promise ring halfway joking when I said, like I would ask you to be my girlfriend, Like it was like a halfway joke. And then she was like, well, if that's gonna happen, I need a promise ring. And then that laid down that discussion. Yeah, now I'm a firm believer like you all are.
Speaker 32: Where it did seem a little bit childish, it did seem a little bit young. And then I'm also of the mindset that the only ring you should get somebody is that ring she'd be like your wedding ring. But then I'm also in a stance where it's like, just because it's something that I don't consider to be quote unquote maybe mature, or something that I've strayed away from. If that's what she on, then like, you know, yeah, with your personal ain't that big a.
Speaker 1: Deal to me?
Speaker 2: I think it takes away from me the ring, you know what I mean? I think when you give a ring like that it takes away from the moment of when you oh my god, a ring, you know, but then you got somebody like Shannon and I had it for thirty years. Yeah, but she was in high school. But I'm saying it means something. But here's the thing.
Speaker 3: I mean, at the time, it really did, like that was a big deal to me.
Speaker 2: I also thought, you want to marry them. I feel like, yeah, when do you start buying jewelry for somebody that you just met? You only met her like a month and a month and what was the hour party that was? Maybe like it was June.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Think it was May. I think you've been together for a month.
Speaker 2: Time are you sing together? Is crazy? It was basically Jim.
Speaker 3: All right, Well I'm just saying it's.
Speaker 33: Babe, good morning guys.
Speaker 2: What do you think, Gabe?
Speaker 35: I don't know, come on, okay.
Speaker 9: What's the promised ory gonna do?
Speaker 15: I mean, you know, ring just significant by like you know, be like significant.
Speaker 12: You know, like mean something.
Speaker 33: I feel like when you're dating that you could break up at any time and it wouldn't really mean anything more than if you were to be engaged.
Speaker 36: They're married, then a ring like you know.
Speaker 12: It's significant.
Speaker 13: It means something more than just a normal relationship.
Speaker 12: And I feel like you're old.
Speaker 14: Enough to realize that, especially you know, having a.
Speaker 13: Very serious relationship in the past.
Speaker 37: So I'll just kind of shock yourself a.
Speaker 3: Promise ring to me, though, it just it almost seems like it's about the ring. She's just craving some sort of commitment for me.
Speaker 32: Yeah, and I mean again a but I don't know how much you heard. This wasn't my idea, and this was something that she brought up. But I also feel like I think there are different levels of commitment to someone, Like once you go past the dating and you say I want to only be with you and I want to be in a monogamous relationship, that's a commitment to say, okay, we're going to be in a relationship. And I think there's another commitment where you say I'm going to marry you. So I think there are different levels of commitment. And then different people have their things that symbolize those commitments, and some people words just aren't enough. Maybe they want something that's a symbol of it, Like you say, an engagement ring that's a physical symbol of the fact that you have said we're going to be together forever, and for some people they want that with a relationship.
Speaker 2: You know what, it is a bigger commitment than a ring key to the crib, as you would say that you have a key to the crib. Nobody got to get my mom My, Mama don't got a key to the crib.
Speaker 3: What about Grandma Alice? Her grandmamas are yeh, Grandma is there in spirit every day.
Speaker 32: Grandmama even comes and created Yeah, walking out there.
Speaker 2: W Wait real quick though, would you would you give a girl the key to your place? When? When would you get your when you moved in? Yeah, that's that's what I would be on. Dear draw what's up, Dear dra Hi, Good morning everyone, fantastic, what's going on?
Speaker 29: Hey?
Speaker 35: Listen, First of all, like you said earlier, it's the surprise. It is the oh my god, this moment. That's the wedding ring. It's twenty twenty six. For whatever reason, the world of women that has gotten a bit insecure, in my opinions, for the fact that that ring as a promise ring in you're dating. No, she won't find every break.
Speaker 29: Up to break my heart.
Speaker 35: I mean, seriously, it's taking away from the moment of the engagement of the wedding ring. You know, and anybody and everybody can date you don't know, like things happen and hopefully you don't break up, but don't.
Speaker 2: Do it, dear drive. I worry it sends a mixed signal to everybody around them that, oh my god, you guys, because people look at rings as it's a for you know, this is an engagement, But I'm not.
Speaker 35: It hasn't been even a month or six months anything like that.
Speaker 2: But I'm also I'm not.
Speaker 32: I'm not somebody that's about to be making decisions based on what other people think about it. Yeah, like, I don't give a damn what y'all think about you know what I'm saying. And me and my partner in but y'all worried. I'm not sleeping with y'all.
Speaker 2: I don't know, you know what I mean? I uh, I would care what people who they're not in your relationship, because they get done talking abouts they're gonna go talk about somebody else's all of a sudden, her mom and dad are going to be like, you got a ring from him? Oh my god. Then all of a sudden, it takes that relationship it goes from zero to one hundred. We had that conversation yesterday too, about a bunch of stuff just not being the help. I don't know. Have you you met her dad? Did you he have a talk with you?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: I won't like that. That's another time I got that written. All right? What's up? What's up? Robin?
Speaker 22: If a man gave my grown as a promise rings, just don't please don't.
Speaker 3: I actually love what you said, because I have always poo pood on promise rings. I do think it's like a middle school, high school, high school thing.
Speaker 22: However, I'm cool.
Speaker 3: I love what you said though about it may not be important to any of us, and we may roll our eyes, but it's important to her, and that's what you're focused on.
Speaker 2: Where do people who actually appreciate that?
Speaker 32: I don't like it, But if it's your thing, hold that I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Cameron's one of them? What's up? Cameron? You want to say? Camera?
Speaker 38: So I thoroughly believe that buying a promise ring is better than a necklace?
Speaker 2: Okay, could you like wearings better than necklaces? I?
Speaker 29: Did you?
Speaker 2: Well say that one more time? Your phone?
Speaker 24: You ever heard of?
Speaker 2: You don't robot movie. Now it must be the weather or something. Your phone is crazy again? Have I ever heard what text you.
Speaker 19: The better?
Speaker 2: That's much better?
Speaker 39: Yeah, okay, have you guys ever heard of the necklace curse before?
Speaker 26: No?
Speaker 2: The necklace curse? That's interesting? What is it? Tell us?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, say to nuts and I want to hear it because that's the first thing Less ever bought me was a necklace.
Speaker 2: What is the what is the necklace curse?
Speaker 39: So, within like the first year or so of a relationship, if you buy somebody a necklace, your relationship is basically.
Speaker 29: Going to sail.
Speaker 39: Oh god, interesting, I've had I've had three different boyfriends buy me a necklace within the first like four months, and all of them we've all broken up.
Speaker 5: Wow, Channon just took off her neck No, no, actually, I take that back.
Speaker 3: You got me the bracelet first, and then he got me. But he got me the matching necklace for our one year anniversary. Right, it was like a couple hours after this.
Speaker 2: You're in the clear. That's an interesting thing, that the necklace. It's a movie called Nicole. You were actually calling to say, a necklace? Do you think that's a good idea? After the necklace. Curse your thoughts.
Speaker 40: I mean, yeah, I was thinking it would be less engagement of feel, but maybe earrings or a necklace. It's just just a different type of jewelry other than a ring.
Speaker 2: See But is it about the jewelry giving it or is it about the I mean, I know there's like symbolism and stuff. I think there's more symbolism to the ring thing, and that's the that's the deal.
Speaker 40: Right, Yeah, the symbolism is more I feel engagement forever, whereas like maybe a Nicholas or ear rings would.
Speaker 35: Be more of like, you know, I'm committing to you.
Speaker 2: Interesting. Okay, uh let me grab real quick, Angela, Angela, what did you got a promise ring at how old?
Speaker 22: At forty three years old?
Speaker 2: Yes? I did forty three year old promise ring? All right, let's talk to somebody. Did you want one or did they just give it to you?
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 22: I just believe it's very chivalrous and it was and even asked like keV said he was going to ask her or she wanted he was going to ask her to be his girlfriend or something. Most people don't do that anymore either, And there I don't see anything wrong with it. It's it's beautiful. It's exactly what I wanted.
Speaker 2: When he gave you the ring, did he say like, did you know it was a promise ring? Or did you in your gut think, oh my god, I'm getting engaged.
Speaker 22: I know it was a promise ring. And I mean he went like all out to me and the kids to dinner. Did this whole this whole thing.
Speaker 33: We videoed it.
Speaker 29: It was so super cute.
Speaker 32: Okay, Now, when you when you get a promise ring, that doesn't start a timeline that says like, you know what I mean, because I don't want it to seem like, Okay, you got this promise ring, then you think we're about to get married in the year.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, I don't want to set up.
Speaker 22: I don't think it does. I don't I don't think it does. It was just, you know, kind of a promise to keep the promises, be held accountable and then look forward to the together. It was not a I promise I'm going to marry you in the year. It's just something and it's just something sweet that you can do for the person that you care about. And if that's going to make her so comfortable, why not.
Speaker 2: You know, where are you guys at now, Angela, we're.
Speaker 22: About four years in to be four years.
Speaker 2: In engaged married, are you Nope? Just yeah, that might actually put it off for a while. I kind of like that. That sounds like a good idea. Hold on, Renee with a question before we wrap this up, Renee, what's your question?
Speaker 25: Yes, hi.
Speaker 11: Everyone, Well we heard.
Speaker 41: Part of your comments and and also to breast cancer survivor.
Speaker 29: But I'm just curious how many promise rings does she have? And does she asked us all of her of all the people that she dates. And also, by the way, I also agree with Shannon. I think it's very June now like high school, I mean at most college.
Speaker 21: Yeah.
Speaker 2: By the way, that's an interesting question you should ask that. Has anybody ever given you well, great question. The biggest promise that you could ever give is no breakfast on Saturdays. That's a big, big one. That's a good. That's a good. That's a good one. Yeah, all right.
Speaker 9: This Mojo's Seller of.
Speaker 16: Cars cashing gas driven by Gordon Chevrolet in Garden City Get in in a few minutes on Mojo in the Morning.
Speaker 9: This Mojo's Seller of Cars.
Speaker 16: Cashing gas driven by Gordon's Chevrolet in Garden City. Get in in a few minutes on Mojo in the Morning.
Speaker 2: All right, Mojoe in the Morning. This uh topic of the conversation podcast is the afghan? What's that?
Speaker 3: Do you know what an afghan is? Actually you don't.
Speaker 2: Is it a person? It's like a blanket, isn't.
Speaker 3: It's like a blanket, like a knit or I don't know if it's nit or crochet. It's like a blanket.
Speaker 2: My my uh uh, grandma and my mom were all about that was kind of like the thing. Yeah.
Speaker 3: See, my grandma Grace, who passed away when I was a senior in high school, made them for everybody, all the grandkids, all the kids, all the cousins. Like, she loved making afghans and slippers for all the kids in the family. So my uncle Pat movie too afghan They're so cozy. No, my uncle passed away this past week. His funeral was on Saturday. So my mom's brother passed away and he was ill, and he was very old. Actually today would have been his eighty sixth birthday, so he was significantly older than my mom. But still so very sad like to lose a family member, especially an uncle, like somebody who's you know, close in proximity in the family to you. But my family, especially my mom's side of the family, not good with grief and loss and processing. And so my cousin Renee, this is her dad who had passed, was really struggling last week and kept asking for signs from our grandma. You know, please, Grandma, just let me know that my dad is up there in heaven with you, and you welcomed him, and you're taking good care of him, and that you and Grandpa are going to continue to take good care of him. Like, please just give me a sign that he's that my Dad's okay. This is a thing in our family of people asking for signs and dreams, and it happens all the time everywhere. For our family, me probably the least by far, but especially for my cousin Rene. My grandma sends her so many signs. Sure enough, later that same night that she prayed this prayer, she goes into a closet of her home, like a closet where she keeps like her son's clothes and shoes and everything, and the afghan that my grandma made for her family was just laying on the floor of the closet on top of the shoes, and she was like, what in the actual heck, this is not where I keep it. So she was frozen, going okay, so right away she went and asked her husband Gary, did you like move the afghan? And he was like no. She went and asked her son Tyler, who lived with her, did you move the afghan? And he was like no, Why would I put it in a closet on top of shoes? How insane is that? And she's like, well, there's my sign from grandma that my dad's up there and she's got them and and he's good.
Speaker 2: Are sure Jerry didn't move the nobody grabbed the afghan?
Speaker 3: But this stuff happens to her all the time, to just Renee, specifically Renee my mom, a little bit Lucy a lot of times. Lucy never met my grandma, but has this weird closeness where she has dreams about her and but especially my cousin Renee. Wow, And that's comforting, that's it was very comforting. We always have the birds that will come like a cardinal, you know, from.
Speaker 2: Time to time, you know, like butterflies.
Speaker 9: I know.
Speaker 2: No, So my dad used to love cardinals, like those were his favorite birds, and after he had passed, Jacob would have a cardinal sitting out on his window all the time. And Jacob kind of had a little special relationship there with my dad. But it was but every now and or doves. My sister Pat always says that when the anniversary of my mother passing has happened, she sees white doves a lot WOA at that time.
Speaker 3: So I totally forgot to put this in my topics to add to this. So this happened over the weekend as well. Wes's mom passed away. It's almost been nine years, almost ten years, and yesterday he came in the house and he's like, Today's just one of those days. I wish I could call my mom. Like I wish I could call my mom. We don't have a lot going on. I just want to catch up with her and just like tell her, like how the weekend has been. And I'm like, oh, like that makes me so sad that I'm able to call my mom. And he's not. All be damned you guys. We go out in my driveway, our driveway to unload his jeep because I had a little home goods situation yesterday. So we're unloading all this stuff. On the driveway is a sticker that Wes's mom had like written on wes Nativity to store the Nativity set that she gave him that we have like up in our attic above the garage and I haven't toucht We haven't touched since we put Christmas stuff away. It was just stuck on the concrete of our driveway. And he was like, how crazy is that? I just said, I wish I could call my mom and we go outside and that's on the driveway. Was I like, got goosebumps.
Speaker 2: Wow, that told me that's yeah. You know what they they're senting signs if we when we've talked to the death lady tell us her name, no no, no, no, Rebecca Rosen. When we had Rebecca on the show, she would always say that they're sending she didn't talk to anybody. I don't know.
Speaker 26: I ask, you aren't getting signed? I know I feel the same way like I want them.
Speaker 3: But I just mentioned Graham, Ellis Diday, Grandma mom.
Speaker 2: What's going on? Amanda, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 38: So my mom passed away about three years ago, and.
Speaker 35: I one, I feel like when I asked for signs.
Speaker 24: I don't get them.
Speaker 38: But I have a folder on my phone that I've like labeled for like pictures that I feel like were signs.
Speaker 25: I saw that on like an idea.
Speaker 38: On TikTok, and I just thought that was like a really good idea, so I can like go look back at it when I'm like feeling sad and stuff like that. I've had some like pretty crazy ones. One of them I was like the anniversary of her passing and I went and bought like a lottery ticket and the ticket numbers were her and my dad's wedding anniversary.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's telling.
Speaker 38: And like for like Kevin and I, like, I just feel like until you get them, like you just don't truly unders like, like I totally get why it's skeptical, and like sometimes I tell my friends that, like, oh, I like had a sign for my mom, and I know that it sounds crazy, but like I don't know, there's you.
Speaker 40: I just feel like.
Speaker 25: You know it on a different level.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, And honestly, sometimes you don't realize you're getting them when you're When you're getting them, like you almost have to really concentrate on it. It's kind of weird, like especially, you almost have to have something come up where you're like missing on them or like WestEd with you know, I wish I could talk to my mom today. There's a couple of friends of mine that have done the AI thing where they've AI their loved ones voices talking to them. To me, I get weirded out by that whole deal, like that happening, But if it comforts you, you know what I take it. What about video form like AI video? It would be wild, It would be wild. I don't have many recordings of my mother's voice. It'd be cool if a I could make more recordings of it, just to hear. What's a blind Claudia is on with us? Miss Mojo?
Speaker 31: My goodness, guys, hello, I can have a story that relates once upon a time I had a friend that passed. She died, and and you know, I never.
Speaker 29: Can the comfort to.
Speaker 31: Tell her I love her, I'm sorry and everything. And just when she died, when she died, she she she she she.
Speaker 3: She spoke to me.
Speaker 2: She spoke to me through electrician. What happened? What do you mean?
Speaker 31: I meantricity, No, no, no, no, no, don't playing.
Speaker 2: I thought maybe maybe you didn't pay the d T email.
Speaker 24: There I did.
Speaker 22: I was well paid in in the d T email.
Speaker 2: But you know the the light bulb did it?
Speaker 22: Like the light bulbs was just flicking.
Speaker 28: Yeah, like can you see the don't play with me.
Speaker 29: Well dead?
Speaker 22: He is well dead.
Speaker 2: That's right, well dead.
Speaker 24: Then that gave her give her the piece and respect that she does.
Speaker 2: That's right. How dare these guys? I love you? I love you blind Claudia.
Speaker 5: We love you by claudis to be able to see as valid question, Ashley, you have a friend that.
Speaker 2: Shows you signs?
Speaker 25: Yeah.
Speaker 24: So I was having a really hard time.
Speaker 35: That hadn't been that long since she had passed.
Speaker 25: And my girls are.
Speaker 35: Inside and I just like, I was like, I got just go for a drive.
Speaker 25: I was like, I just I need, I need a minute.
Speaker 35: So I went to go outside again in my car.
Speaker 25: I'm already almost bawling my eyes out, and I'm scary to start my car and I look right on my steering mill there's a dragonfly.
Speaker 29: And I mean she had she had dragonfly.
Speaker 35: Tattoos, she had dragonflies all throughout her house.
Speaker 25: I mean that was her thing, was dragonfly.
Speaker 35: So when I seen it there, I was just like like it was just yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: It was crazy.
Speaker 2: No, that's that's very cool. I like it. I love that the comfort of knowing that they're there. Rob lost his mom. I'm so sorry Rob. A month ago your mom passed.
Speaker 15: Huh yeah, Modo was uh, you know, I listened to you guys every day. I love listening to you guys up from the east out of day to live at Miscegan now, so thank you. I just turned it on, and you know, I, Modo. I've been struggling really bad this last month, you know. And so she passed away July eighth. And then, like I said, every Saturday, me and my fiancee would talk to my mom on Saturdays. And then the Saturday, right the Saturday after she passed, I was outside and a monarch butterfly had came by, you know, and I the one thing I didn't get to say to my mom before she actually passed, But the one thing I wanted to do it is, you know, come visit me in our dreams. Come, you know, come on, I don't care, you know, I want to know that she's there. And Saturday I woke up and I was really I was emotionally struggling really bad. I was crying really bad, and I let the dogs out and brought them back in, and then I went back outside and I saw another monarch butterfly. So you know, it's really rough. I mean, I'm forty one and lost my mom at seventy. You know, she was seventy. She had a full life to live and it just kind of happened. And my parents were fifty years in November, and you know, it's just spent a tough time. I figured I call them ojo because I know you have that hole in your heart too from when you lost your mom's. Yeah, they're all I'll be able to deal with it, to be honest.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you know, you never it never becomes something that you ever stop, you know. And I'm sure West feels this way too, Shan where it uh, you never stop missing on them and loving on them. But they do send you those little comfort you know, signs, and honestly, they're always there. Somebody asked me the question, They said, you know, how can you believe in heaven and God and all the rest of that stuff? And I said to him, I go to be honest with you, so that there's hope that one day I'll see him again. You know what I mean?
Speaker 12: So absolutely, you.
Speaker 2: Know, but hey, I hope our moms are are partying together right now. And if my mom's up there in heaven, she's got a cigarette in her hands, she's gonna see.
Speaker 15: You know, my mom doesn't have a cigarette, but she's having a hell of.
Speaker 29: A time and she's going.
Speaker 15: To be there me and get married in twelve days. I'm all, we're getting ready for a wedding.
Speaker 2: You should do something with butterflies for your mom. I have to Yeah, you should do something, maybe release butterflies at your wedding or something. We're butterfly pins.
Speaker 15: I got to find him somewhere, all right. Well, I appreciate it. Thank you, Mojo.
Speaker 2: See you abouty Take care.
Speaker 9: Don't miss this in Mojo in the Morning's Dirty on the thirty. In minutes.
Speaker 3: We have so much to talk about. I want to talk about fake Usher, I want to talk about how penos, I want to talk about Britney's bad botox. We will talk about all of it coming up in The Dirty.
Speaker 2: Dirty on the thirty and your chance to win at Brand New Cards the last week we're giving away that car on Friday.
Speaker 16: Next Mohow's Summer of Cars, Cash and Gas is dripping by Gordon Chevrolet in Garden City. You chance to win happens in minutes on Mojo in the Morning. Maybe he didn't call his wife to check in while on your date, but something didn't right.
Speaker 18: Second date update is after reef this morning on.
Speaker 2: Mojo in the Morning. Hey, this is it week. We're giving away a twenty eight thousand dollars twenty twenty six Chevy Tracks. We're twenty thousand dollars cash. We've been given away free gas all summer long. Hopefully that helps with how crazy the prices are. We're going to give you one last week of qualifying and Friday morning, somebody in our listening audience is going to win eight four four six six five six five four eight. That's eight four to four Mojo Live. We will look for the ninety fifth callar right now, win a fifty dollars gas card courtesy of Kroger and Kroger Delivery, and qualify to win a brand new car from Gordon Chevrolet. So eight four to four Mojo Live, ninety fifth collar, Good luck, mo.
Speaker 9: Jordan Mornings Dirty on the thirty.
Speaker 2: A right Shannon's going to do the dirty on the thirty for us right now? What's going on, Shan Well.
Speaker 3: A whole bunch of former NFL players, including Drew Brees, Larry Fitzgerald, Adam VANITII, were inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame over the weekend. But it's Adam Vanitieri who still trending this morning, twenty four seasons in the NFL, only the third kicker to get inducted into the Hall of Fame. I was a beast, won four Super Bowls during his career, and he was very heartfelt in his acceptance speech. Excuse me, but he also was a roasting everybody.
Speaker 42: Unfortunately, Bill couldn't make it here today, Bill Belichick, there's a lot going on.
Speaker 1: At UNC right now.
Speaker 42: He may be on a recruiting trip right now, looking for the next Lawrence Taylor. I thought it was because training camp had already started, but in truth, it's because he's judging his girlfriend's cheerleading competition.
Speaker 3: Wow, I've had some words about Tom Brady, made some comments about Peyton Manning's forehead being president and Pat McAfee.
Speaker 42: Pat McAfee's here in the crowd today. Great to see you brother, the only person who enjoyed.
Speaker 18: Holding my balls more than my wife.
Speaker 2: Oh that was so he got. He's been watching all these these roasts. I never ever will forget. When the Patriots were playing the Raiders, it was a snowball game. It was like literally and that was honestly that uh, that was I think the tough rule. But he hit a he kicked a field goal in a blizzard and was able to win it for the Patriots at the end of that game. It was amazing. Bro, guys, awesome.
Speaker 3: We have to talk about fake Usher, you guys, I have watched I have watched twenty videos trying to figure that at least. So this was on his tour stop with Chris Brown at MetLife Stadium. I think he did two shows there, and there is this conspiracy theory that Usher used a body double, a fake Usher to perform some of the songs that night. I didn't see the show when they were here, but I guess there's one point where he's like on one side of the arena and then like goes all the way to the other. So social media users were sharing clips from the show and they're like, there, the guy doesn't even look like Usher, did.
Speaker 11: You see it?
Speaker 2: He does not.
Speaker 3: Look like Usher, Like, I don't know how we're passing this. How he's thinking that we're passing this off as Usher looks nothing like him nothing. And Usher commented and was like, do you guys actually think like I could clone this, you know? And he's like showing videos and stuff of himself. Yes, please google this man looks nothing like Usher. No, he doesn't.
Speaker 32: keV And in this little close up one is it's a little better.
Speaker 3: Dance moves the same, he's black and wearing the same outfit. Those are about the only two similarities. There is no way that is not Usher.
Speaker 2: He did that here got to this. I don't know how, yo.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 2: Artist? Is Usher? And you're rocking Emosa in the morn? Wake up? Yeah? What a hell of a move to pool though, especially at.
Speaker 3: MetLife at MetLife Stadium, that would be crazy. Britney Spears telling her followers on Instagram over the weekend to be careful with their bodies after she was left with a droopy I from getting a little botox. She said to her doctor put too much botox in the area around her left eye, which this happens like if your inductor doesn't do it right, it can drip. This actually happened to a friend of mine for her wedding, which was terrible. But Britt said she's had a DROOPYI for the past four weeks. She said it's finally starting to look normal again. She just said, please be careful with who you choose to do these sorts of injections and lettuce, frozen organic blueberries, and now jalapenos.
Speaker 43: Growing concern about the safety of America's food supply as federal officials issue a new public health alert for those recalled jalapenos that may be linked with salmonella outbreak. The Food Safety and Inspections servis now saying several meat and poultry products contain peppers that may be linked to the growing outbreak in more than two dozen states.
Speaker 2: We don't know if anybody is sick yet from these meat and poultry products, but of course companies are doing recalls because there's a possibility they might be contaminated.
Speaker 43: The products include burritos, enchiladas, wraps, and salads sold at major grocery chains like Kroger, Walmart, HV, and Albertson's. The USDA says the now recalled helapenos are linked to a salmonella outbreak that has infected at least three hundred and forty five people across twenty seven states, including Colorado and Minnesota seeing the highest number of reported infections. Many of the people interviewed reported eating helipennos at Chipotlet and Kudobo restaurants, both companies since removing.
Speaker 3: The ingredient from their menus.
Speaker 43: The USDA says there have not yet been any illnesses reported from meat and poultry products containing the affected jalapenos. Health officials say the outbreak traces to jalapeno peppers. I'm seeing a lot of Mexico distributed by Coat Citrus distributors who have.
Speaker 3: Since recalled the jalapenos.
Speaker 43: This comes as more than twenty two thousand Americans have gone sick from that parasitic stomach illness cyclosporiasis, many cases in fifteen states tied to a deadly record outbreak linked to Taylor forms iceberg lettuce from Mexico that's been voluntarily recalled. Now back to that jalapeno outbreaks and.
Speaker 3: Pulled them off too. Who says kalepeno? You're the same person that says advertisement.
Speaker 2: I remember back in the day, Slim used to say it like that, he would go jalepeno all the time. Man, that would be just as scary as the lettuce, but even more because imagine the pain of going duty.
Speaker 3: We talked last week about Kudoba Chipotle. I still don't think you can get kalepenna. Yeah, miss anything from today. You can always catch up on the podcast on the free iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 16: Directly from the source Motion in the Morning's Dirty on the thirty.
Speaker 9: You're all.
Speaker 2: Right, all right, Chris, I'm with us here from Warren. You got in, Chris, You're now qualified. Good morning, Friday morning. Good morning, Chris.
Speaker 36: This is awesome.
Speaker 2: We've been doing this contest since the start of summer, and I hate to say summer is almost over. And it always feels like that way when it's like, you know, Labor Day and our ending of the cars cash and gas promotion at Gordon Chevrolet. You're gonna be there with us on Friday. Congratulations to him on friend awesome.
Speaker 36: I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: We're gonna set you up with a fifty dollars gas card. Do you need a car? Would you like a car?
Speaker 36: I would lean towards the car.
Speaker 2: I think yes, I would too, twenty twenty six loaded Chevy tracks. I've seen it, I've been in it. It smells wonderful, it looks even better. And it's about a twenty eight thousand dollars little prize that you could win on Friday. So we'll see you Friday. We're gonna play the Throwback throw Down Friday morning live on the radio, and that's how somebody's gonna win it. Have a great morning, man, I'll see you then on on Friday. All right, hold on one second and we'll get you set up. Another chance to qualify comes up at eight thirty after we get done with the second date update. A lot of stuff to talk about here on the show. Today is a very big day. Today is Shannon's anniversary.
Speaker 1: Working with the show.
Speaker 2: So happy Shannon.
Speaker 35: Thank you.
Speaker 2: And you started on the show on this date August that I had to look at what the date was. August the tenth.
Speaker 3: Two thousand and nine, the olden days.
Speaker 2: Wow, isn't that crazy? Is that seventeen seventeen years? I will you guys want to know what the first topic was that you ever did on this radio show. I remember, no I don't think I, Oh, last thing, I don't have it set up. The reason why I don't have it set up is because of there's probably just Shannon and I is the people that were on the show at that time.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: But I also will say this to you that I remember the topic well because I remember the fact that I was like, you know, in years of working on the show, there were, you know, so many different people that I've worked on the show. Not a lot of people, though, were as open as Shannon was on day number one to tell us something about Shannon's sex life.
Speaker 11: WHOA right out the gate?
Speaker 2: Well ready for this one. When you think that you share understand this? Do you remember what the topic was?
Speaker 3: I do?
Speaker 2: Go ahead? Do you want to tell everyone? Because it's better of coming from you.
Speaker 3: I admitted at the time that I had never had an orgasm before.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's like an orgasm in a cup. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Our boss at the time, Till Avec, was like, I almost drove off the road.
Speaker 2: Was a blast in the past. Till was here. I forgot about that.
Speaker 3: She came to the studio and I was like, that's the first thing you talked about.
Speaker 2: It was wild because I think it was one of those things where we were like, what is it that you know, want to share with the listeners that nobody else would know about. And I think they that that was pretty wild, which honestly was a great topic. You want to know why that was such a great topic because many people don't realize this. A majority of women have never have never had an orgasm or cannot have.
Speaker 3: Well having sex, yeah, having actual sex.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So that was that was pretty pretty wild. It's funny about till coming in studio.
Speaker 3: I remember that so vividly.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I always think that a topic hits home when you either get a text message from family or your boss walks into the room. When the boss walks into the room and you got an answer to us something, that's when you know that it's a uh, that's a big one. Did you get any sex from family on that? Oh? God?
Speaker 3: Probably because my dad is an avid, avid listener, especially when he was working, like he's been retired for a few years. But he was like so proud that I was on this show and had been telling people for weeks because I don't think we really we didn't announce it until like a few days before, but he had a channel nine to five to five sticker on his card at work. He worked at Oakwood Hospital in Dearborn was open at the time, and he was like, push her on the car. And then I'm sure that day he's like, you can stick her.
Speaker 2: Off the car. Last day, Yes, that's it. Do you remember that? I and you remember till evict. I remember Shanny's granny commenting on it.
Speaker 3: Oh my grandma was yeah, real, what does he say?
Speaker 2: Well, I remember Shanny's granny going shame, always shame. But I remember her commenting on on that particular topic too so. And she also jumps off to.
Speaker 20: Control your homones and your drawers on the door, and I'm jumping your.
Speaker 24: Bones three one two three two one three.
Speaker 2: Your horse and eat some bonders? Can I theses?
Speaker 32: She could rap, she could wrap everybody else. Shannon, is your anniversary. We need an orgasm update.
Speaker 1: Whenever you home, whenever you want. You know, you can.
Speaker 30: Call me there short and you don't care what your friends say because they don't know me.
Speaker 3: I can be your friend and you my homie.
Speaker 30: I roll up, I roll up, I roll up, Shody, I roll up, I roll up, I roll up.
Speaker 3: She would always go stupidest where did you come from?
Speaker 1: The lady?
Speaker 3: And oh, won't you take me there? I won't do baby Tenderoni.
Speaker 2: You got to be spark my nature sugar fly with me, don't you know?
Speaker 3: Now it's the perfect time.
Speaker 1: We can make it right?
Speaker 3: Get the city lights?
Speaker 2: Then did the only song that she actually take you to?
Speaker 11: The mask?
Speaker 2: I want to love you, py young thing.
Speaker 3: You need some love and tlc ender loving care.
Speaker 2: And by the way, you gotta love that child that fletched it with them to fletch did such a great job with that. So well, happy anniversary. Uh, maybe a shot today? Maybe we all.
Speaker 3: Celebrated a shot today?
Speaker 2: Oh really, did you partake?
Speaker 1: Or no?
Speaker 2: Did you do one?
Speaker 11: Inspired?
Speaker 2: All right, it's Mojo in the Morning show coming up here in just a little bit. How many times do you call your significant other when you're away for work or away with friends? I want to talk about that and second date update is also coming up here in just a little bit. It's Mojo in the Morning. We're gonna talk about Anna and meeting somebody that wanted you to be part of What an open relationship?
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 11: I think?
Speaker 2: How did this come about?
Speaker 26: I was outside this weekend and on Friday, I met a man organically. We were out at a bar. Like it wasn't someone sliding into my DMS. This was like real life, and we kind of hit it off, like we were talking all night.
Speaker 11: I liked him a lot.
Speaker 26: He was very cute, successful, and we exchanged numbers. And then Saturday afternoon we were talking on the phone and he says, all right, like before I officially take you out on a date, like I have to.
Speaker 11: Tell you something. I'm like, oh gosh, here it comes.
Speaker 26: And he tells me that he is in an open relationship and he has a partner, a female and a daughter with her, and he just wanted to make sure I was okay with that, which I'm not okay with. But I did some digging because I was like, this is interesting to me, like I don't hear about these things a lot. And I find out that this is more of like a Nick Cannon situation where she does not his partner does not date anyone else, but he is allowed to date and uh, you know, go out with other women.
Speaker 11: And she's fine with it, Like he was telling me if it.
Speaker 2: Will is she really?
Speaker 26: He said, So that's what I said. I was like, there's no way, she's cool with it. And he said that listen, like we can all three go out if you want to meet her. You can go out and get coffee with her. Like, she is totally okay with this, and I would love for you to meet her. You gotta do it, No, got just to talk to just to get her perspective.
Speaker 2: You have to set up for the coffee.
Speaker 7: She's already not interested, Like, I not do it because she's interested.
Speaker 2: Do you can sit out and talk to thiss a woman and understand? Yeah?
Speaker 26: And then he told me all about her, like this woman seems like a bad ass, like also super successful, And I'm just like, why is she okay with this? And he's like, she she's comfortable with me providing for her, and like we love each other, but I just know that I need more than one person. And he's like, she's even open to me having children with other women.
Speaker 3: Wow, Okay, I know this. I mean, I know it's a thing. We've talked about it before.
Speaker 2: I always have heard people in those kind of relationships it's kind of like we can bring them in, but they've got to bring them into the relationship for each other. And then I've also heard people that say the like the whole Nick Cannon thing where you have multiple kids with multiple people. I've not heard many women that would put up with that. Is I, once it comes, once it goes to financial potentially me, you're supporting a child that's not your child. I would think that most women and.
Speaker 3: Would say quality time.
Speaker 2: You think your kid's not going to get the attention that they deserve?
Speaker 26: Well, and you exactly like, that's what I told him. I just know that I need all the attention. I want to be the priority and like our family. But he's still very persistent. Even after I told him like I don't think I could do that, He's like, Okay, do you mind if we just like talk and build a friendship and see where it goes.
Speaker 2: I wonder if there's two things that I have on this one. Number one, is this really his setup? Or is he a married guy flirting with a girl at a bar saying if you look me on social media, you might see another person. I'm going to try to explain.
Speaker 3: That he wants them to talk.
Speaker 2: Well me, let's truly see if he really wants them to talk. If you say, yeah, let's talk to her, call her right now. The second thing is what kind of self esteem does a woman have knowing that she is not the one, she's one of.
Speaker 11: The ones, because she's fine with it.
Speaker 2: Like you, you think that's a high self esteem? Were most like you should go ahead. I think that's somebody that's I don't know. I would I would say the opposite. Okay, interesting, but let's talk to her. Let's call he got his number, let's call him up. I'd love to have these people call up. I think you got to go to lunchto or coffee or whatever.
Speaker 26: I am just interested in the dynamic, like this is very interesting to me.
Speaker 2: Wed to meadaglasses, Hey, Derek doing this because he was actually trying to get Derek. Let me let me first intro you. Let me let me first say hello to you, Derek. What's going on? What's your comments on this?
Speaker 33: So my comment on that is like, honestly, like I was approaching stuff like that in Houston, and it was really weird because what it was an older man came to me at a bar and pointed out a younger female like she was like really his younger, and then he was trying to get me to go out with her.
Speaker 12: And then I found out they were married.
Speaker 2: So wait, the guy came to you, Like that would weird me out if all of a sudden some guy comes to me. I guarantee he has a chair.
Speaker 33: He just started like talking about this chicken.
Speaker 12: Like in the corner and like that. Like I'm new to Houston.
Speaker 33: I was like twenty four to twenty five years old, and I was like, Ashley.
Speaker 12: Gorgeous, I'm down there. I'm seeing one in.
Speaker 33: Big city and everything like that, and like he just kept on talking about that chick and I was like, man, I was like, yeah, there's more girls like this Roundney. I might have a fun time in Houston, you know. And then he goes, well, that's actually wife, and you know she's actually looking to go out on a date with you and everything that cause she saw.
Speaker 12: You walk in.
Speaker 2: Man, oh, man, is that what happened. I'd get nerve, I'd get boopy stomach.
Speaker 12: I thought I thought it was a joke.
Speaker 33: At first, I thought, oh damn, I walked into a swinger bar or something like that, because I, like, you.
Speaker 12: Know, new Big City. I didn't know, and uh, at first I was like kind of weird it out.
Speaker 33: But I actually didn't go on the date.
Speaker 12: With her. Wow, and uh, actually really cool, really great.
Speaker 33: But at that time of my life, I was wanting more, Like I wanted to have like a wife and kids.
Speaker 12: I've never been buried. I wanted a white kids like that.
Speaker 33: After I went on a date and I said, you know, this is really cool and all my stuff, I was like, but I.
Speaker 12: Don't think I could do it either.
Speaker 2: So you went on a date with her, Yeah, I did. Wow? How far did he get? Did just leave with each other?
Speaker 3: Did he check in during the date, like while you guys were together, Well, he might have.
Speaker 33: Checked in with her, because like she would look at her phone and here and there and stuff like that. Boy he was he was an older guy and she was a younger woman.
Speaker 12: And then what it was.
Speaker 33: I guess he couldn't provide for her in some ways he wanted talking.
Speaker 2: Yes, listen, I don't think I provided ways like that for Chelsea, But I let you some other dude go there. That's craziness. What what a story?
Speaker 12: Derek got weird it now and I ended up leaving the lower But I mean.
Speaker 2: Could you imagine this at time? Oh my god, Joe's in an open relationship. Are you a male or female?
Speaker 24: Joe, I'm female and very queer.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so Joe you open? What how open are you in your relationship?
Speaker 24: So I'm in a committed relationship. I have a fiance. We each have two biological children. We have lived together for a couple of years, raising our family together, and we have an open relationship and we give each other freedom to go and to do those things. And you know, it's not it's not a self esteem issue. If anything, it's it's really more of I respect myself and yourself so much to go out and have your own freedom, and we trust communication and honesty. And you know, you can have a love of your life, but you might have more than one, or you might just have fun.
Speaker 2: And it's nice to how many people can you actually love?
Speaker 24: I want to know, Joe, I thing that it could be whatever is right for you, and as many kinds of clubs and.
Speaker 2: How do you choose who you're going to stay with that night?
Speaker 24: So I have There's many forms of polyamory open relationships, and everybody does in a different way. There's names for them. In terms from the polyamorous community is actually really huge in Metro Detroit. My form of polyamory is that I have my primary relationship with my family, and then I'm allowed to see other partners. My fiancee can see other partners, and we just kind of be from there and talk.
Speaker 3: About it if we meet somebody, And do you have children?
Speaker 24: You know, so the one the one you're yep, so we have We don't have shared children together. My partner's actually a transman, so we're both you know, we have our own biological children as a family. And so there's actually a name, so when you're willing to meet the other person's partner, it's called kitchen table Polly, and it just means that you know, yes we date separately, but you're welcome to know the other people in my.
Speaker 2: Real quick Joe. Do the kids find it to be a thing that's confusing or no?
Speaker 24: So for us, our children can meet people that we're seeing, but we don't actively p DA in front of the children. So it's just here's a person that comes over, and this and that and which.
Speaker 2: In the so they never see you guys are people. They never see you guys physically touching their.
Speaker 24: Intimate with other people. That's just what works for us. But there are plenty of people out there who actively do allow their children to uh see that their parents are in an open relationship. And part of that is, you know, teaching them, you know that this is okay. There's so many forms of relationships, but it's not I'm not Yeah.
Speaker 2: I got a quick question. Is there a way you can get all of them to be a mojo in them learning listener? Like, we need more listeners. I like the people in these relationships. Having all these people that are there you could actually be a benefit to us. Can you get them all to listen to the podcast today with you on there?
Speaker 29: I'll miss it.
Speaker 24: I'll message some people and I'm actually called in about being in an open relationship before. And I think people need to know that it's just it is a preferred thing. And so myself and my fiance we came from fifteen year monogamous marriages that didn't work out. And sometimes you know, when you've lived your life committing to this one person, when you come out of that, you're like, hey, I'm a multifaceted person and that didn't work for me.
Speaker 2: That's just I feel. I think Chelsea would be okay with it too. I don't think she would want to take part, but I think she'd be okay with it. Anybody that you know had to put up with me. Joe, please get them all to listen.
Speaker 24: I appreciate you letting me here the side the other half.
Speaker 11: Thank you for educating.
Speaker 2: Appreciate you. Thank you, Joe hold On ninety day fiance Dana ninety day Dana's on with us right now?
Speaker 12: You had some cosey, would not.
Speaker 2: You know? Chelsea too well? Dana?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 2: What was your thing for Anna? What you want to say, Donna?
Speaker 15: I'm just I would really like for Anna, just out of curiosity.
Speaker 12: Let's let's do this date man and then and then report back to us, like maybe Thursday or Friday.
Speaker 2: Second date, second date. He got a deadline?
Speaker 26: Should I okay, let's just say if I do go through with this, do you think I should just meet up with the girl or should I bring him with?
Speaker 11: He said he could do the girl.
Speaker 2: Why why both both the girl? I feel like I'm a sister.
Speaker 26: Wife at that point, like just out with my man and his woman and me.
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I love it. I love it. It's the second day, second date. Second all right, take care of yourself.
Speaker 34: Detroit Us next mosquited Grandmotherords Simy VTSO and I Radio Station guaranteed, human real stories, real laughs, real do Mojo in the Morning and lie.
Speaker 19: Mojo.
Speaker 2: Let me take you back to the beginning.
Speaker 3: Alright, you ready, you're listening to Mojo in the Morning.
Speaker 2: You're a do do ahead, we.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 2: All right, it is Mojo in the Morning. Good to have you guys, hair with us today. Coming up here a second date update. Why are you not getting a call back? We're going to find out what happened on the date that probably should not have happened, and he's gonna find out about that. Coming up here in just a little bit. That's on the way. We have tickets to go see the Tigers, which, by the way, hottest team right now in baseball, hotter than the Dodgers that got Tarrek Scooble. Did you see this? Since the Tarrek Schoogle trade, the Dodgers are one and six, the Tigers five and two with it still a chance. I mean, the Dodgers are still the best team in baseball right now, but the Tigers still have a chance to make a Wild Cards run. So we'll have tickets. Hanging with us in a suite, we'll do that before the end of the show, will give you one opportunity for that and then ed Sharon Tickets coming up here in the nine o'clock hour. It is Mojo in the Morning, just a program. Note this is kind of cool. Chelsea and I started a podcast three years ago, I think it was, and the podcast is called the We Don't podc We named it that talking about our relationship, you know, instead of we do we Don't, talking about things that have happened over the years. We're about to this week one hundredth episodes, one hundred episodes of the Thing and that Crazy Crazy, and the one hundredth episode of the podcast is going to be a special one because it's going to be a live podcast with listeners being able to communicate to us and talk to us. One of the things with podcasts, I think that is people love is people love. It's two to three, four people, five people all in a room, you know, talking to each other. I feel like when you're listening to it, though, there are times when I listen, I like I want to comment, I want to say something, or I want to ask a question. Yeah, we are going to take that to the next level by doing it on the radio. So we're going to actually communicate, talk talk about some of the stuff that we've done in the podcast that actually may not have gone so well, and then talk about some of the stuff that actually I think brought us closer together. So that with anybody that's a podcast listener of the we Don't podcast, you can get it on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get podcasts. Just search Mojo we Don't or the more Mojo podcast and it's on that platform too. But tomorrow morning, right around this time, we'll we'll do that, so that'd be kind of kind of cool, right one hundred. It's a lot of that's a lot of time sitting at the kitchen table. We do it at the kitchen table. We actually are changing it up to this year too. We get we were told by the iHeart people they want video, which I don't know if I necessarily like that. You know, everybody likes video now on podcasts, so they want video, so they're they're telling us to do that. So with that, we are video doing video. I think we're going to change the room that it's done because I just don't want cameras in my kitchen. Yeah, you know what, I mean, so we'll we'll listen to cameras they are not Hey, you know, we don't make anything off of this thing. Change it. By the way, thank you for bringing that up, because now I'm going to go home and shall see even Cavin things.
Speaker 32: Absolutely they want you to switch it in. It shall be providing the equipment.
Speaker 2: For you to switch it. Yeah, Okay, I know listen in this day and age. I'm just glad I come here and the key card still works but can be true as Yeah, it's Mojo in the Morning. Went to Morning Show boot camp in Cleveland. Back from that, got a lot of stuff to talk about with with that deal, one of which was so the last day we were there, so were it was Lydia Bianca, myself, and then Tony Trevado was there also our boss Tony.
Speaker 17: I saw a video of him there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Tony Travado was there. There's a lot of iHeart Management people that were all there. Geen Romano shout out to Jean brad Harden was there, Dennis Clark was there, what's his name.
Speaker 6: Was?
Speaker 2: Carlile was not there. So this was interesting. So I want to know if you travel for work or if you're somebody that is in a relationship with a significant other where you guys aren't together all the time, how often should you check in with each other? So Friday was a very busy day. So Friday, Friday, in the morning, I had a breakfast lunch or breakfast lunch. I had a breakfast with Pebbles, who works for Doctor Dave and is a good help to the Mojo in the morning show. So I had that with her early in the morning, like nine o'clock, which when I made the time to do it, I'm like, oh, dreading because the night before we stay out till one in the morning.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: And then I had you know, sessions that we went to. I had a couple of different things going on, and then I was on a panel. So Friday was a crazy day. So Friday, I woke up, got into a shower, went downstairs, we went met Pebbles, and then from that day on I didn't get back to the room until five pm. So five pm comes along and I called Chelsea up and Chelsea answers the phone and she goes, oh, I didn't think I was going to hear from you today, And I was like, oh God, that I don't know if That means she was upset that I didn't check in with her earlier and I hadn't text her at all or anything that morning. I probably, you know, And I look back on him like I should have woke up and called her like first thing in the morning and just said, hey, how's it going, got a busy day whatever, and did that while I was brushing my teeth or doing things like that. So I got on the phone and I talked to Tony, and I go, I think Chelsea was a little bummed out that I at least didn't check in and say, how are you doing, how's everything going? Yeah, Tony Trovado goes on to tell me, this is our boss, Tony, mister wonderful. He says, oh, I never talked to Brooke when I'm traveling. And I said what, And he said, I never talked to Brooke. I just text her and say I hope everything's going on or good and going on into the gosh.
Speaker 11: And he travels a lot.
Speaker 2: Everything that would not fly if you got to ask Tony to come on the show with us today. So if this was West, I know West travels for work a lot too, or when you travel, like when we have the iHeart festivals and stuff like that, or at boot camp. Do you how often should you check in with your significant other?
Speaker 3: So I feel like Wes and I are like, we will text a lot, and I would say, like, usually it's more towards the end of the day, like is a phone call, but it's every day. It is every day. Yeah, So if he was gone, like his his company is based out of Ohio, so he has to go down into like the Toledo Mommy area every couple of weeks and spend a couple of days. If you didn't call me for that entire time, I would be like, wait, yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: Going on, Yeah, yeah, hold on, Tony's did you want to say something ever you want to say? No? Wait, all that Tony travel show right now? Everybody everybody say say hello, director, Hello, mister programmed director.
Speaker 3: Uh Tony broke not she she doesn't want you to call her every day? Does she get mad about that?
Speaker 44: I mean we talk almost every day, but not every day, And it's just I think she's happy that I'm out of the house and she doesn't have to Tony.
Speaker 2: How often did you check in with her when you were in Cleveland, Ohio?
Speaker 12: I mean we talked.
Speaker 2: We talked both days, but he did by text, No on the phone. Okay.
Speaker 3: I already knew this about Tony because he and I talked about this at the Hall of Fame when we were in Chicago, and I think that weekend you had said you hadn't even talked to her at all, and I was like, what, how have you not called her for days?
Speaker 19: Sometimes?
Speaker 44: You know, like last week I was on the West Coast for a couple of days, and I think I talked to.
Speaker 12: Her most of the days, but not every.
Speaker 2: Single Has it always been like this throughout the duration of the relationship or has it changed over time?
Speaker 37: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, I think so, Tony, What what if there's another man in your house and you don't you don't worry about that at all, milking your cows.
Speaker 3: It's not like one phone call is going to change that if there is, But it's just more so to me, like I want to know, like what your day?
Speaker 2: Yeah, was like out of sight, out of mind, Tony. You better be careful, my friend.
Speaker 12: I would say, ninety percent of the time we check it.
Speaker 3: Would you be jealous if another man was touching your goats and sheep?
Speaker 37: No, sheep.
Speaker 2: Now yet you know what, you know what the worst is Tony of being away at these things like these conferences and stuff. Is Bianca is posting on the story a ton of you like me and everybody like you know, she does that. So Chelsea like goes, well, I saw that you were having fun and you know, and like things like that. And I'm not a social media like crazy poster and stuff. But then when you bring Bianca with and you got Bianca over there doing that, I'm like, what the hell did she see?
Speaker 3: If you tell Chel's like, I have been slammed back to back meetings all day and she sees you singing Jonah's brother, you know, hold on, Nick, Nick is on with us.
Speaker 2: Nick, say hello to our boss, Tony Travado.
Speaker 33: Good morning Tony.
Speaker 2: And and if you see his wife Brooke, tell him that Tony said, what's going on, buddy? What do you do when you're out of town?
Speaker 24: Oh?
Speaker 2: Usually we call her when I land that she's aware, and then once time at the job site, if it's free, I can give her a call.
Speaker 37: And then usually when I get back to the hotel.
Speaker 15: But me and her, we don't live together, so we're usually on the phone a lot when.
Speaker 2: We're not working. Yeah. I one night didn't call Chelsea and it was the night I went to bed very early, okay, and did not call her at all. And I don't think she believes that I went to bed early. What night? What night?
Speaker 9: Was it?
Speaker 2: Lydia that we all went to bed very early?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: That was Thursday?
Speaker 2: Was it Thursday night?
Speaker 4: Thursday?
Speaker 2: So Thursday or yeah? So I think it was. It was like what time nine o'clock or something like that. Yeah, it was like nine o'clock, nine thirty. It was early. It was an early night. The night before was not so early, And I didn't call Chelsea, and Chelsea was like, oh, really you went back to you know, to the room early last night and you didn't call with who exactly?
Speaker 20: Even even on normal.
Speaker 37: Days if I go to bed too early, still still question it.
Speaker 2: Do you ever FaceTime her in the room so she can see that there's no other person that came up from the bell?
Speaker 33: See she always calls me like Nick would have do that.
Speaker 37: There's no way, so she's not worried about it.
Speaker 2: Thank god, Nick, You've got a good reputation. My friend, unlike Tony Trevado, doesn't need.
Speaker 12: To check in when he lands.
Speaker 33: Get life three sixty's you don't tell her.
Speaker 32: For me, that's the only that's the only guarantee moment that you'll hear from someone.
Speaker 2: You have to let him know that you landed safely. After that, it's kind of like, all right, I might talk to you later, am I not? Hey, Tracy? What's up?
Speaker 45: Good morning?
Speaker 22: Okay?
Speaker 45: I don't understand having to check in every day.
Speaker 15: With a phone call.
Speaker 35: I do not do that.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 45: My boyfriend lives for Yeah, he leaves, he lands, he texts me he made it. When we go to bed, it's good night, have.
Speaker 13: A good night.
Speaker 45: In the morning, he texts to say good morning. We don't have to talk every day on the phone. I know that he is busy doing his work. Why does he need to take the you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna I'm gonna switch one word of something of your of you said it twice. Why do we have to check in? It's not have to, it's want to, Like, I genuinely want to know how West's state was if he's gone, okay, Well.
Speaker 45: He is checking in with me. He tells me that he went out and you know, had dinner at so and so and had a steak and.
Speaker 22: All right great.
Speaker 45: You know, so the checking in and calling to me is more of a what are you doing? What's going on?
Speaker 2: Is like texting nonsensical checking. Yeah, I will say this to you, Uh, Tracy, I do see the points that you're trying that you're trying to make, especially when I'm in Vegas, when I'm actually West Coast, when it's a time zone thing too. It's hard sometimes you just don't realize, you know, the difference, but Vegas, especially when you're when you're having a little too much fun. All Right, thank you, Tracy. I appreciate your uh, your call. Don't call me when my escort is here, Bailey, what's going on?
Speaker 24: Hi?
Speaker 21: Yeah, I just actually just this is like really relatable because I just got an offer for a new job I was recruited for and I'm going to be traveling.
Speaker 17: Once a month, like totally reading it. Thinks thank you, it's so excited.
Speaker 10: I ran it past.
Speaker 21: The boyfriend was like, you know, full steam ahead, Yes this is great, but now he's like changing his tune that he thinks I'll be gone too much.
Speaker 17: And it doesn't it work anymore.
Speaker 32: So baby drop him, leave him at the airport.
Speaker 2: Where will you be traveling to Bailey? Anywhere? Far?
Speaker 24: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Texas for ex fe everything.
Speaker 2: Listen, you know what I A. You need the money, honey, right, you gotta you know right if you're if it's a better a lot of money, if it's a better opportunity, Yeah, don't. He's a little insecure. How long have you all been together?
Speaker 10: Two years?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 17: Yeah, two years?
Speaker 2: That kind of that's wild. We need we need to call now. Don't drive him, don't don't drop him, but but tell him how how much this is going to help you? Guys? John? What's up?
Speaker 18: John?
Speaker 17: Hey?
Speaker 15: How are we doing today?
Speaker 2: Good man? What's going on?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 12: Pretty much?
Speaker 13: I've been going out of town him this whole summer.
Speaker 29: Georgia.
Speaker 13: Me and my wife's been together for about fifteen years. The first couple of weeks she wanted me to check in this, that and the other.
Speaker 37: And then after that, honestly, I had to check in more with my teenage daughters.
Speaker 15: I got I got three daughters.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I had to check in with them, and they, I mean I got a hold of them. They got a hold of me every single night.
Speaker 15: I'm talking about from breaking up arguments.
Speaker 33: Just handle when certain situations like take your ass and go get some water and stop asking means that's alloys and Georgia for its up.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 15: I don't understand.
Speaker 13: You want me to check in with You're like, you got to handle the crap that's at home.
Speaker 34: My man.
Speaker 2: Still parenting. That's interesting. I wonder how many parents, you know, parents have to do that, They have to parent their kids while they're away. Uh, what's up, Jessica. Hi, it's Mojo in the morning.
Speaker 25: Hi, good morning, the first first time, long time on the phone.
Speaker 38: Oh, I wanted to say it.
Speaker 25: Like, so, my boyfriend and I we've been together for about ten years now. We've been together since high school through college, through multiple sort of individual study abroad months long things away, and we're really close and we talk every single day. I can probably count on one hand the number of nights that we haven't been.
Speaker 19: On the phone.
Speaker 25: Even if we don't have anything to say, we just it's like comfortable.
Speaker 2: You know, You're like Jessica, You're like Bianca. Bianca and Bryce were facetiming at night with each other while they were sleeping, but every night we were too Yeah. That that that's that's that's young love right there. I should ask Chelsea, would you like to FaceTime when we go to bed? Hold on. Look who's on the phone real quick with us? Tony Travado, your number one partner in the world, even more number one than Brook your wife. Steve Gabara is on the phone. Morning, good morning, a time long time. Yeah, welcome back, bro, You're.
Speaker 12: So hello, Good morning everybody.
Speaker 36: I gotta chime in.
Speaker 12: On this one though.
Speaker 33: This has been like a pet peeve with me forever, and it's on the landed Safe text.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: My theory is if I didn't land safe, you're gonna hear about it on the news and your long before I had an opportunity.
Speaker 33: That's just me maybe being too efficient in life.
Speaker 2: But you know, okay, how often does Tony Travado check in with you when he's out of town, Steve?
Speaker 12: Most times he lets.
Speaker 33: Me know that he's boarded the plane and then wheels up and then when he.
Speaker 2: Went I love it all right? That is true, though, Steve. Why Steve says you'll know if a plane crashes, You'll know a plane crash.
Speaker 3: It takes five seconds, all right, Mojo in the morning, it's the.
Speaker 18: Second date update Mojo in the morning.
Speaker 2: All right, second date update? Why are you not getting a call? Jalen is not getting a call after spending him like a long time actually hanging out. Guys went out, had some drinks together, partied with some of your guys friends, and the date went well. How well did it go, Jalen? I think it went well. We had dreams without at the time, it was it was it was a good vibe. I would say, you guys kiss good night. No, not really.
Speaker 32: She kind of pushed away when I came in, but I don't know what for.
Speaker 2: But she said she would text me back, and I just, you know, just haven't heard from wait. So so she pushed you off the idea of getting a giving a you know, a good night cass and said I'll text you and no text Pam. She's not in basically, unfortunately, I think that this is one of those ones where it's a one and done for you.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 2: The only problem though, is when it does happen like this, you're like going, why is this? Felicia is on with us right now? Jalen said Hi to Felicia. Hey, Felicia, Hey, Hey Jayleen, Felicia, you didn't text Jalen.
Speaker 3: Back, No, I didn't.
Speaker 46: He's a player and he plays too many games and his mind is all over the place.
Speaker 3: He doesn't even know what he wants.
Speaker 2: Oh, I didn't get that out of talking to him. But what do you mean by that? Explain that? How do you know he's a player? What did you find out?
Speaker 46: Because I went to the bathroom and when I came back from the bathroom, he was asking the girl he was talking to next to him, was asking if that was my boyfriend because he was hitting on her.
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 3: So, yeah, hitting on her.
Speaker 46: So apparently he was telling good girl, she was beautiful and asked for her Instagram. Yes, she was sitting right next to us.
Speaker 2: And then what you said, you next to us?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 46: And I questioned him and he told me he was just trying to be nice and friendly, and I was like, yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: Dalen, you left that part out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a pretty big part.
Speaker 32: Well, I just think there's there's nothing there's nothing really wrong with them.
Speaker 6: Is.
Speaker 2: Of course, okay, this this is what I'm saying.
Speaker 32: I don't know the context of the conversation. Maybe the asking for the Instagram was a little much, but like if you're on a date with somebody and they get up and go to the bathroom.
Speaker 2: Not sure how long she was gone.
Speaker 32: You just I'm supposed to just sit there, like if somebody next to me I might say something to that.
Speaker 3: It's not about it, but yeah, exactly, Hannah, thank you.
Speaker 26: She said that the other girl said he was hitting on her, so like making advances is whatever.
Speaker 32: I've been in certain situations where how you present yourself, a woman may think that you're flirting with him. And again, I don't know what he said to the woman. I don't know what it is, but she may have taken it in a way that he didn't actually mean it to be.
Speaker 2: What what did you say to her? Kalen, Well, I was just saying wow, like you're very beautiful and like a model.
Speaker 3: It was just which there is nothing wrong with that any other time. It's just the fact that you were on it, like you're supposed to be spending quality time in giving your attention one person.
Speaker 2: Where where was he exactly when she told you this? How did he not hear her say something?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 46: I guess he went to go pay the bill or something, but he stepped away and then that's when she told me all of the tea.
Speaker 2: Can I say this? I would wonder if there was more too, Like why would she then step in and try to tell you this? The girls girl like I, but I would probably not get involved like I would probably if I was there. You don't know them, You don't even know if they are a long time you know, married to each other. You could actually be wrecking a marriage.
Speaker 11: And she really wants to know.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I know her.
Speaker 29: I know her?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 36: Oh I know her?
Speaker 2: Oh you knew the girl that that that he was flirting with?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 46: Yes, I've seen her around, so I'm well acquainted with her. Yes, I don't think she would lie to me.
Speaker 2: So she's not. So she's not doing this, even maybe to sabotage your guys' relationship.
Speaker 46: I don't think she's trying to be vindictive at all. I think she was just trying to save me and I dodged a bullet from Jalen.
Speaker 2: Okay, Jalen, you bad bad boy called Jalen. Is there anything that you can do to try to rectify this situation or are you you know, are you screwed?
Speaker 19: Uh?
Speaker 2: Well, first things first, Felicia, I apologize I just I really still don't see how there was a problem.
Speaker 24: Not accept it.
Speaker 46: So disrespectful it was, why would you even talk to this girl?
Speaker 11: Like, why would you do that?
Speaker 46: We were on a first date.
Speaker 3: You don't do stuff like that.
Speaker 45: That is just rude.
Speaker 10: Why would you do that?
Speaker 2: I didn't see the I truly this is why, I truly just.
Speaker 32: Don't see the problem with complimenting a beautiful woman if I see her.
Speaker 46: I just how would you feel if a handsome man at the bar?
Speaker 29: You wouldn't like it?
Speaker 2: By the way, you Jalen and keV should hang out with each other, no id it? He might be competition. What do you think you guys? You guys sound like the same? This sounds like Kevin know not fully have you understand I'm understanding he's coming from. But have you ever been out with on a date and there was another girl that was there and because you are naturally a very friendly guy, sometimes friendly turns flirtatious. Have you ever had any girl that you're with say you talk too much to somebody? Or absolutely? What did you? What do you think of that?
Speaker 32: But again, it's never been in a way where I like wanted something out of it, like I'm not hitting on the person in an attempt to get their number or get their Instagram to further the conversation.
Speaker 3: There is a difference there.
Speaker 32: Yeah. Yeah, I've been told you doing too much several occasions. I've been told that I've had a girl walk away from me, I've had or pissed at the waitress.
Speaker 2: Sharing Instagrams is where this thing turned horrible.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Now, that's the same as giving your phone number.
Speaker 44: That is, you're about to get twenty likes on instat Hold on, Anthony, what did you want to say?
Speaker 2: Anthony?
Speaker 12: Okay, I got a question. I don't know if none of y'all caught it.
Speaker 33: Well, why is it that you that the girl had a lookout at the bar?
Speaker 24: I mean, I know, dude was wrong with my complimenting.
Speaker 12: The girl, but why did she have a lookout at the bar?
Speaker 2: Was it a lookout or was it somebody that she.
Speaker 12: Why did you have what was the purpose of that?
Speaker 2: Wait, Felicia, you didn't plan. You didn't have this girl there planned?
Speaker 46: No, she was just sitting there and I have to.
Speaker 2: Why would I have?
Speaker 24: So you was like, hey, I knew her, I knew her, like.
Speaker 2: Y'all, did she had she had. There is surveillance there, Kate, what's up?
Speaker 1: Kate?
Speaker 2: Hey Mojo, first time, long time?
Speaker 22: Hey, hat on the ball, Thank you?
Speaker 23: Uh Mojo.
Speaker 31: There is no way you would not not get involved.
Speaker 35: You would, so you say, oh, I wouldn't get involved.
Speaker 2: I don't think I get involved with Mojo.
Speaker 29: Please.
Speaker 2: I would if this was a guy and and there was a girl that was you know, or I'm sorry, if the girl was flirting with you know, with a you know, on a date, I would not get involved in their relationship. I would probably And the only way I'd get involved that there was like physical abuse or something like that. I ain't getting involved. What is that the line? My name is Bannet and I ain't in it or whatever the deal is. I'm not getting involved with that. Especially nowadays. You heard Anna talk a little bit ago. There's like a lot of people with these open, weird relationships and stuff like that. I'm not getting involved. Amanda, what's going on?
Speaker 9: Hi?
Speaker 24: Good morning.
Speaker 3: I was just thinking as Kevin was talking, what would Kevin do w w.
Speaker 28: K D.
Speaker 2: Every time that's a player Kevin, Kevin got that back.
Speaker 17: That's actually.
Speaker 2: I think there has to be more questions asked before we jump to judgment. That's a moly, Yeah, what's.
Speaker 11: Your judgment now after you've.
Speaker 2: Heard uh, this guy's are full. I think the Instagram was just too much.
Speaker 21: That was.
Speaker 2: I actually like Felicia's attitude, and I like the way that Jalen's kind of firing back. I think you guys are missing out on an opportunity to go on at least one more date.
Speaker 12: I will hardly agree.
Speaker 2: I guess I learned from my mistakes. We had communication. Communication, Let's just it ain't work from there.
Speaker 37: Listen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, not on his life. He's already causing me problems.
Speaker 2: I don't want to.
Speaker 9: Deal with all.
Speaker 2: Right, Second date, The.
Speaker 16: Roses, The Five Lives, To Tell Your Mom, Phones, Scams, and Shannon's Dirty on the thirty.
Speaker 2: This is Mojo in the Morning, Mojo in.
Speaker 9: The Morning's Dirty on the thirty.
Speaker 2: Eight four four, six, six, five sixty five four eight eight four to four, Monjo Live, ninety fifth Collar Qualified, Summer of Cars, Cash and Gas. Right Now Shannon with the Dirty.
Speaker 3: Detroit Lions backup quarterback Teddy Bridgewater has been placed on the reserved retired list. Stepped away from the team during training camp over the weekend. Yeah, I was speaking of Dan Campbell said he's probably going to retire, right, Is that what's going to happen here? So yeah, And he had already retired following this twenty twenty three season, ended up returning to the team in twenty twenty four. He was signed in March, was his third stint with the Lions to be their backup for this season. And then I feel like he's missed a few training camp practices anyway, so there was a lot going on.
Speaker 2: I wonder if it was injuries. I wonder if maybe he didn't come in, you know, ready to play. I don't know what the deal is, because having him on the sidelines is a great insurance plan if something should happen, obviously to Jared Goff.
Speaker 3: So now we need to back a quarterback right for another one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just sign a Dobbs.
Speaker 32: First name blanks me right now, Joshua Dobbs, who's in many respects been a bust.
Speaker 2: But uh, we'll see. Maybe he's back and he's bet out. I always felt like the Lions, the Lions have not had a good backup quarterback Dante cald Pepper in a long time. Like I always I always worry that, you know, a guy like Golf couldn't get injured. He's been amazing to not get injured.
Speaker 32: He's literally been statistically the best or tie for the best quarterback since he's been a Lion.
Speaker 2: He's been that good. Yeah, touchdowns yards.
Speaker 32: But Teddy I think also a big piece of his impact was off the field, obviously because he wasn't on the field, but he seemed like an incredible locker room guy.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, like a leadership guy.
Speaker 1: He was.
Speaker 2: He was a good to and they say that he was like having an assistant coach, like an offense like there was talk last year when you remember when our offensive coordinator was horrible, there was talk last year that Teddy was going to be somebody that could potentially be an offensive coordinator for the team.
Speaker 3: You guys are done. On Saturday, Drake was hosting a live stream on kick I don't want did were you watching?
Speaker 10: I watched you did?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 7: So uh?
Speaker 3: And this was it was affiliate The Kick is affiliated with Stake, which is the crypto gambling company that Drake has partnered with. But so he he did like a twenty on one dating show.
Speaker 11: There were so many girls from Detroit to really yes.
Speaker 3: Okay, because I saw so. Essentially he was like speed dating twenty different women and he was giving away.
Speaker 11: He picked someone he would marry.
Speaker 3: Right like, he was giving away like anything.
Speaker 2: They want here play, So you just get to pick one thing, anything in the world that.
Speaker 19: I'll buy for you.
Speaker 9: Wait, are you being serious?
Speaker 2: You don't have to decide right now?
Speaker 1: But you know by my own house.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'd love to.
Speaker 3: How do you say the girl's name? Who won? Pink pinky che honestly? Yeah? Yeah, but he was barking like a poodle at one play.
Speaker 26: If you say I would okay, okay, okay, you're saying this and now I'm gonna.
Speaker 9: Like test it.
Speaker 2: Okay, what do we just give me?
Speaker 1: Like one?
Speaker 3: Would you bark for me?
Speaker 2: I get?
Speaker 18: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Wow, So you see it? Though, bro? Would you bark for I do a lot of that's her? You gotta see that. I gotta wait, show me that one more time. I gotta I gotta fine.
Speaker 10: This is his second thing.
Speaker 2: Drake been on a run.
Speaker 32: He had a women's empowerment kind of event like last week or so. Gave away some g wagons, a bunch of cars, a bunch of barkins hundreds of thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Should do Drake Man, I'm so bringing and gout.
Speaker 3: She's not.
Speaker 2: I don't know about barking for anybody. I don't know look at that.
Speaker 3: If you did look at the bark, what would your bark sound like?
Speaker 2: My bark would be more like.
Speaker 32: That was another one that that was another one that was my goodness, Drake twenty one of the year.
Speaker 2: Why do I love like? I'm kind of obsessed with? Uh, the the platinum blonde?
Speaker 36: Uh?
Speaker 2: Black girls? No, I like black? She's white. Okay, she looks like uh uh Joemanah shout out to Joe Mona, what's the what's the basketball player? The w n B A player that took the head off of cutting here. I got to tell you that that's hot. You know, look a little platinum bl I like it would you do to you? Go home today? And Chelsea platinum.
Speaker 3: Blo Hunter Biden says his dad, former President Joe Biden Is, continues to battle prostate cancer. Isn't a lot of pain.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: The cancer has metastasized to his bones and now it seems other places as well.
Speaker 47: The only thing that I say about my dad about his health right now. Is I wish he would complain more because it's not good. Uh, the cancer has spread, is metastasized into his bones and further, it's very painful and uh, it's very debilitating in many respects. But he's still out there. He's still doing this thing. That is he'd see pictures.
Speaker 3: I actually have it.
Speaker 2: It's sad. He looks he does not look well. So, yeah, it's very very sad.
Speaker 3: And we've been talking about these Flock cameras that are everywhere for a couple get all the time. You know, it's crazy. I don't I don't ever really use ways. But I was pulling out of my neighborhood the other day and there was one right theory, like at the end of my flock camera.
Speaker 24: Yeah.
Speaker 41: Six former Savannah Police Department employees, including four officers, are now under criminal investigation after being fired for allegedly misusing these controversial surveillance cameras made by the company Flock.
Speaker 2: I'm disapployed, I'm pissed off of that.
Speaker 41: The employees allegedly using the system to make personal searches involving family and acquaintances. The high tech AI powered cameras read license plates and store that data for police departments to use. Over one hundred and twenty thousand deployed nationwide to help fight crime. They're on street lights, bridges, and highways, but backlashes growing amid rising reports of misuse. Dozens of officers now charged or accused of using the technology inappropriately, including stalking. This North Carolina police officer arrested for allegedly using it to track her boyfriend's ex wife more than thirty times.
Speaker 3: She's set to appear in court.
Speaker 2: At the end of the month. That's what bothers me the most that the people that use this stuff for personal game.
Speaker 41: Critics also calling these cameras an invasion of privacy. Some are being vandalized in acts of protest. In Texas, this camera cut in half, and in Minnesota a man posting these videos of himself covering up the cameras with tape, telling ABC the technology is dangerous, but Flock telling ABC News their cameras do exactly what they're supposed to do.
Speaker 16: We helped in over a million crimes last year, over ten thousand missing people.
Speaker 41: And some agree the benefits I believe outweigh the issues here and Flok saying that criminal acts like vandalism should never be the answer here, as people continue to make their voices heard in this ever present debate about individual privacy versus public safety.
Speaker 3: Back to you, I don't know how I feel about them. It's weird to just see them now that I've we've talked about it so much and you're really looking for them. They are everywhere.
Speaker 2: They're kind of eye sores.
Speaker 3: But I agree with you on that.
Speaker 2: I also think, listen, you don't think that the cops, you know, look up people's driver's license things when they shouldn't be looking them up. You're always going to have the bad apples that are.
Speaker 3: I mean, the same thing happened at hospitals. Yeah, with your medical records. You know, it's just happened everywhere.
Speaker 2: The they say that, you know, the one time that you know, somebody goes kidnapped or there's amber alerts and they can't figure out like where cars are based on that, those are the times that you got to look at the good of.
Speaker 3: Them, right.
Speaker 2: But you know that female cop out there looking up her ex's new girl not a good idea.
Speaker 24: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Hey, if you miss anything today, go back check out the podcast on the free iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: App showing me Drake girl. She looks like that classic lady Elvira. She looks like Elvira, like the modern day version of Elvira. What's going on, Lina?
Speaker 3: She was on there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, Lena and Lena a winner. Congratulations Lena. Oh yes, you could be winning a brand new car or money. And it says here that you would take the money. What are you looking to use that money for?
Speaker 31: Oh my god, that's because we just got married.
Speaker 2: And congratulations. Sign When when was your wedding? What was the date of your wedding?
Speaker 29: It was June twenty seven.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's wonderful. You guys are newlywed. Newlyweds, you could be winning twenty thousand dollars on Friday at Gordon Chevrolet when we do the throwback throwdown and give somebody that opportunity a brain new car for twenty grand Lena, congrats to you. What's your your spouse's name? Zach, Hey, Zach, Congratulations to you guys. Hang on the phone for a second. Lydia is going to jump on. She's our executive producer producer, Lydia, and we're going to set you up with all the prize info. Okay, thank you so much. All right, don't go anywhere. We're going to be right back when we come back here. Next on the Mojo in the Morning Show, Shannon with a house update for us. I want to find out about that she was looking at a new house, and we got want to talk about the manners of one beyonda Oh. We'll get into that and more next.
Speaker 16: See the show live now on YouTube, TikTok Live, Facebook.
Speaker 20: Live, or Twitch and join the discussion. This is Mojo in the Morning. Call it eighty four four Mojo Live eight four four six six five six five eight.
Speaker 41: This is Mojo in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Shout out to some in place Kia in the Detrade Area's up.
Speaker 39: Tye you.
Speaker 2: I just buried that commercial by accident, so I apologize and I'm gonna give him an extra ten or fifteen seconds some in place, Kia. Hey, the Mojo in the Morning Show. And this week we start giving away trips to the iHeart Radio Music Festival. Oh my god, this is gonna be so good. The iHeart Radio Music Festival is I think like the second or third week of September. It's in Las Vegas. It's Stars, Bes Benson Boone, Cardi b the Goo Goo Dolls, Kenny Chesney, Laney Wilson, who is just in town this past weekend with Christ Apleton, Major Laser Muse, Snoop Dog Wizy or Wizard Wee ser Zara Larson biggest song of summer right now. A lot of people talking about Zara Larson. This is a two night festival. It's in Vegas, and we're gonna give you a chance to win. Hold on a second chance to win a trip in Lydia. Does it come with the spending cash too?
Speaker 12: Here?
Speaker 2: It is listen to this chance for a trip for two to Vegas in one thousand dollars and that is at nine ten this morning. Am I right?
Speaker 3: Correct?
Speaker 2: Nine ten this morning. You'll have a chance to win. You can text into us a word will give you the word coming up this morning here.
Speaker 3: On the show, is I know Friday night sold out? Is the whole thing sold out?
Speaker 2: I think Saturday night there are still tickets available and that's the night Benson Boone, Laney Wilson and Snoop dogg are going to perform.
Speaker 3: Okay, Friday night.
Speaker 2: Friday Night sold out literally in less than a day. Bats Cardi b Google Dallas, Kenny Chasney Wheezer and Zara Larson. That's big, all right, Yeah, that is big. I heard radio Music festival in Las Vegas. Yours. I'm going to Vegas by the way in a week real? Yeah, is this.
Speaker 3: Joe's No, that's New Orleans.
Speaker 2: I'm going. I'm going to see I'm going to see Backstreets good. I'd listen. I'd bring her, but I but it would be very inappropriate if because I only got two and Chelsea's not going with me. You ready for this one? I'm taking Chelsea's best friend, Leah. We're going away together. I'll make this a topic somehow. Yeah, Sole is going to be fine. So I actually it's funny. I talked to uh to the Backstreet people, Backstreet Backs, and uh, it's their last show that they're going to do for a while. Its sphere might be the last show ever that they do. So that's the thing. I know.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry starting to listen. I would absolutely love to UH to tell the show that we could all go, but it was kind of a last minute deal. I basically got the last minute from uh Lee and he's like, hey, you wanted to go? I asked, like snive sn so, but here's the story. They'll be traveling around the world, they'll be coming here, They're coming in town. Really yeah, so there's going to be a tour. So I actually was talking to my my friend Ryan's sister who went to two shows last week. She went to both nights.
Speaker 3: I did hear. It is the most insane, especially if you're a fan, like, there's no other show Backstreet Blays that you've ever seen them.
Speaker 2: I had to build up courage to go to the show. You can get a ga ticky standing room dollars.
Speaker 3: It's just I'm just saying.
Speaker 32: Look, we're celebrating you your eighteenth anniversary on air, your seventeenth anniversarial air.
Speaker 2: I want you to be at this show.
Speaker 3: No, next I will when they come to town. Lee's going to get me backstage with them.
Speaker 2: I believe you will. Absolutely.
Speaker 3: I just threw that rightly.
Speaker 2: Honestly, can I say that? Can I say this to you? The only part of this whole thing that bothered me about doing it, and now I'm starting to get into it to a point that I, you know, I might be a little bit too carried away with it. I didn't like the idea that you had to wear white, wear white.
Speaker 3: You have to you have to supposed to wear white.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have to wear white to the show. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The jeans.
Speaker 2: The jeans, by the way, my favorite jeans I own.
Speaker 11: You need a second pair because you can't keep wearing those like that?
Speaker 2: Why? What's wrong with them?
Speaker 1: They do?
Speaker 2: They look like they're they're getting worn? Really, I've worn them twice or three times? No, this is the third time.
Speaker 3: Maybe you need a linen.
Speaker 2: I actually thought about that, a full linen outfit, all white. I should take Mojo shopping. That would be interesting. Shan has not taken me anyway, because I'm not taking her. Listen, you talk to Lee out working out with Lee. Chelsea has no interest in in going. Yes, she is, she is. She likes their music. I think she, you know, sings along to their songs. Uh, but her friend is the bigger, bigger, Yeah, her friend is very into that. Look at this, jess.
Speaker 1: In the.
Speaker 3: Right, come on in, we have on your behavior.
Speaker 2: She smells Jessica, Thank you, Jessy. Jessica is a superstar radio host in Florida, Orlando, Miami. Right, Orlando, Miami. But for the competition, what competition?
Speaker 21: We'll just say I work for another another company. But I was born and raised in southwest of Troit.
Speaker 2: Wait, so we went to boot camp, all of us went to boot camp, and she said, I got to go visit mom, And so where's family? Where are they from?
Speaker 17: Less than five minutes away from here?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 21: Yeah? Like where the new bridges Bridge, southwester Troit four point six miles away.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I love it. I love any any family members possibly listening this morning.
Speaker 21: My entire family lives here. I'm the only transplant. Okay, yeah, so I come visit. You know, grandparents have fifteen kids.
Speaker 17: I got a lot of cousins.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 21: Wow, I'm sure my cousins are listening out there in the streets absolutely right now, especially as they're getting back to school, because I know that that's coming up too.
Speaker 2: Yeah. By the way, no offense to our listening audience. And Detroit, Grand Rapids and Toledo. I'd rather be in the cities that she works in. Could you imagine working every day in Orlando? I like Detrie. Yeah, I'll take Orlando though, I'm Miami.
Speaker 17: Guys. We're open three hundred and sixty four days of the year.
Speaker 2: That is true. By the way, they never. I think the only time they closed was COVID probably right or really week.
Speaker 21: Okay, well we only shut down when Walt Disney World and waffle House shut down.
Speaker 17: Oh yeah, that's our indicators.
Speaker 2: That is wild. Did you work radio in Detroit?
Speaker 24: I did?
Speaker 2: Where did you work in Detroit?
Speaker 17: I was at ninety three one, dear que.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 21: I started on the promo side. I had no intentions of going over to the programming side. It just worked out that way. So once I moved to Orlando, I was like, but around the border, I was like, sure, I like it.
Speaker 17: I want to be on here.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 23: Cool.
Speaker 3: That's where I got my start to same station. Yeah, y yay.
Speaker 2: By the way, you'll probably see Jay Towers coming in here a little bet. Yeah. Yeah. By the way, from from a tower, they say, move in the motor city like the Fisher Building. From the top of the Fisher Building. Move in the motor city like Detroit moves the world.
Speaker 17: So then I went to go work for one in the Groove.
Speaker 2: Ah did you Well, that's a dirty word when I heard that. But how is it is that when the station had listeners? Right?
Speaker 9: Is that?
Speaker 29: You know?
Speaker 21: I left when we still had it was literally a year and a half old when I went down.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's wow, Yeah, that's good. I like it. Well, I uh, now you're here, you're hanging out with all of us. Did you learn anything at boot camp?
Speaker 21: I always learned something new at boot camp. It's I tell people, it's two things. It is our ability to find out what's going on in the industry and hang out with people that share our radio PTSD, you know what I mean. It's like therapy, and it's also the liveral Olympics.
Speaker 2: It is there's a lot of drinking that goes on at that thing. Any good stories stories tells one?
Speaker 17: Well, no, not not in the public air, but you know I'll sell off air.
Speaker 2: Wait, there was a there was a Lydia. Do you have any good stories at all from boot camp? Anything that you want to bring up at all? They came on at boot camp.
Speaker 6: I put it in my topics. But what I thought you were being flirted with?
Speaker 2: You thought, I was, I don't want that topic.
Speaker 6: But Mojo, of course you don't catch on to things like that. But I was like giving this girl the eye, and I was like, he has a hot wife at home.
Speaker 4: That's what I was thinking.
Speaker 2: Wait, when did that happen? When was this?
Speaker 6: I was sitting next to Sarah Pepper Adam, Oh, Geez was sitting on my right, the lady that you were talking to.
Speaker 2: It's the Who's the New Morning Show? Down in Atlanta. They took over for the Bird Show. Actually, who is it? Yes? Joe Breezy and what is uh? Why am I brain farting? So Joe Joe Breezy and interned Jack Black from our show? Yeah, Court, Court is on that show and look at it Business one hundred or whatever.
Speaker 3: I see her, Yes, Oh my god, she looks like.
Speaker 2: I forget what her name is, uh dk dk d K. She's worked in San Francisco, she's worked in Vegas. By the way, you thought that we were flirting with each other, we're flirting. I was just talking. So what did you see, Lydia?
Speaker 4: Nothing.
Speaker 6: I just felt like she looked like she was very engaged in the conversation with me.
Speaker 9: Joe.
Speaker 17: That's all I'll say, Lydia. Did you catch the Carolina Panthers when we were there?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 4: I certainly did.
Speaker 38: Yeah.
Speaker 11: That's wait a minute, I didn't know there was going to be athletes.
Speaker 2: Yea, we were. We rode the elevator with a bunch of players, and I think Beyonca and Lydia were flirting and we're talking about.
Speaker 10: I got I got back myself up. There was no Florida.
Speaker 8: I was just asking what they're here for.
Speaker 2: What are you big men here for?
Speaker 6: And one of them said the military. I was like, thank you for your service. But listen, we're a couple who were like, yeah, we're here in town. We got a game to play, and we were just asking them how long they're staying, how long they've been.
Speaker 3: There, And then they got off the elevator.
Speaker 6: They didn't seem really interested in talking to us once we said we were there for a radio conference.
Speaker 2: Wait till, by the way, when I tell you what DK and I were talking about, you're going to feel awkward about the fact that you thought that she was flirting, okay, or or that there was any flirting going on in there. And here's a question though, I want to ask, because it's actually a good topic. If you see your married friend, I don't know, I just did quotes married friend, but it is. If you see your married friend or in a relationship friend talking to somebody in a bar, do you walk up and say something because here's Lydia, Lyddy. You were going to say something, well, I was.
Speaker 6: Just going to subtly like, yeah, subtly bring up Chelsea in conversation.
Speaker 2: And bring Wait, you don't think I brought her up? That's actually what you did.
Speaker 6: That's not what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: You wouldn't think so you wouldn't think someone's flirting.
Speaker 6: I'm not saying you would flirt, and I'm not saying she was either, But it just looked like she was just really into the conversation.
Speaker 11: What about your wedding ring?
Speaker 28: On?
Speaker 2: I did, Yes, what if Kevin and he asked this question, Kevin's not married, but what if Kevin? Was that a fat What What if Kevin, who's dating right now and possibly in a relationship, what if he was there and he was talking to somebody? Would you move in on that and say, Kevin, you.
Speaker 3: Have a And also, I don't know the girl that's different.
Speaker 4: Chelsea and I have a really good relationship with her, and she's.
Speaker 2: Your wife, all right. I want to know from the listeners eight four to four Mojo Live, have you ever had to step in when a friend who's in a relationship was out at a bar you know what we were talking about. Her mom just died from Alzheimer's and we were sharing She shared that with me, and I was talking to her about my brother in law, and that's why it looked like maybe she wanted.
Speaker 6: To go back to my It was just like a personal moment for her. I don't know her so clearly. I don't know how she flirts her hush talk.
Speaker 2: It's funny. It was the hand on the leg.
Speaker 3: She was just very.
Speaker 6: Engaged, like it was like her legs crossed. One hand was over the legs, had the other under her chin. She was like Oprah Winfrey, really like looking deep into the conversation.
Speaker 3: Lydia, did you or did you not take a photo?
Speaker 4: I didn't take a picture. I felt like that would be doing too much.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you, what did Sarah Pepper say, because Sarah Pepper was with Lydia at the time, what did she.
Speaker 6: Say, He's doing She's doing Chelsea a favor right now, Sara, Sarah Pepper is a friend of ours and radio who I will tell you is one of the funniest people ever and the greatest is Sarah facetimed my wife Chelsea that weekend and basically was I will drive from Cleveland to Detroit as long as we make love this time, she said, she is.
Speaker 2: Upseessed's yeah, she thinks Chelsea is a She thinks Chelsea is a like a stone cold fox. Well, no, she thinks that. She thinks that Chelsea is a late and late in life lesbian. So Sarah thinks that Chelsea is going to eventually either when I die, which might be after this break that we're doing right now, or or uh, you know, if if we get divorced. She thinks her next partner is going to be like being.
Speaker 17: A single person out here. I hate it here.
Speaker 21: I mean I wish I was born in lesbian at this point, because come on, really.
Speaker 2: Is it easier?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm men that bad?
Speaker 17: Born straight unfortunately?
Speaker 2: Why why is it? Why are men so bad?
Speaker 17: That's a great question.
Speaker 21: I've been searching for that answer, and it's the smallest things, and we try. I think women have options now and that makes it a little bit more difficult for men. You actually have to try harder than just saying, okay, well I pay bills. Well guess what I pay bills too? Oh, well, you know I have this while I have that too. You know, it just makes it a little bit more difficult because they're just used to, you know, setting the scene like I got the bins, I got the apartment, I got the well we have that now too, so that's lex.
Speaker 2: See it's interesting you say that because I don't believe that's the reason why. I believe the phone swiping and the fact that a guy could pretty much say to you of everything, God is.
Speaker 17: Why there's a male loneliness epidemic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the problem is I think I think guys think that they have too many options, and it's like it's like having you know what it is, it's going to cheesecake factory. There's too big of a menu. I can't go to that place without losing my mind. That's what this problem is.
Speaker 32: I see, even when you have a meing u as size, though, you somehow find yourself eating the same.
Speaker 3: Thing and everything on that menu is made this same ten ingredients.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 21: That is an issue, correct, because you go back to what's comfortable, You go back to what you know.
Speaker 17: But that's not always healthy for you.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 21: So with having that many options, we all have that many options. So two women too. So now women are like Okay, I'm done with you.
Speaker 17: And they're like, wait what what?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 21: No, I was just doing the same thing you were doing. I was just reading off the men, you know. I was just you're on the menu. We're all available equally. Now it's no longer where men have all these options and women don't. We got rosta baby whole roster like you know.
Speaker 2: By the way, I will say this to you. When you pull that with a guy, it changes, it does It does if you have if you if you have the I guess I don't even say guts to do it because you gotta do it. Could you want to do it, not just because you got guts? But I think when you do that to a guy, boom, it flips the script.
Speaker 21: So yeah, but there are good men out there. Please let me preface and say that I know and I'm aware.
Speaker 10: It's just that's just.
Speaker 21: Geography because I didn't find them when I was here either. I'm just saying, but I do believe that they still exist. I just do believe that. Yes, the phone's the easy available options and the lack of true communication. I think people we try to communicate, they curate everything right, Everything has to be curated now and that authenticity is missing.
Speaker 2: So okay, suggest it takes Yeah, nobody's saying their real thought. I like it. Jessica hanging out with us, hang out, hang out till the end of the show. Will you please don't go anywhere?
Speaker 48: Hold on a second, Greg Trot SIVs, Stimy and I are Radio station and hearteed, real people, real stories, real laughs, real smelly and real dumb sometimes Mojo in the Morning.
Speaker 2: All right, let me give you the word to go enter up on our website at Mojo in the Morning. Actually, no, this is a text this This is the old two hundred two hundred number. Do you remember that number that we have done for iHeart contests.
Speaker 12: It's Most in the Morning's Road to Our Heart Udio Music.
Speaker 9: Festival in Vegas.
Speaker 2: Hiight for a chance to go to the iHeartRadio Music Festival starring BTS, Cardi, b Benson, Bone Laney Wilson, Kenny Chesney, Snoop Dogg, Zara Larson the word to text text to the number two hundred two hundred music and you could win one thousand dollars and a trip for two to the iHeartRadio Music Festival in September. By the way, there are tickets still available AXS dot com. You have a chance to win now, standard text and data rates do apply when.
Speaker 1: You do that.
Speaker 2: Text text right now to two hundred two hundred the word music for a chance to win, and you could be going to the iHeartRadio Music. This is probably the best lineup iHeart Radio Music Festival.
Speaker 3: I agree, I mean.
Speaker 2: Maybe not of all. I don't know.
Speaker 9: It could be.
Speaker 2: We had Taylor Swift, did I Heard Radio Music Festival, So I don't know that was a big one. I remember we had all right, text to win music to two hundred and two hundred right now for a chance to win. All right, it's Mojo in the Morning, So Shannon, I got to get an update from you. Where we last left the Mojo in the Morning show. Is Shannon going to get a house? What's going to go on?
Speaker 3: What we put an offer on that house? Which we did?
Speaker 9: Did I?
Speaker 3: I didn't even tell you guys this because you were here and you were not here Mojo. But last week West and I did put an offer on it, and we put an offer on it, and I wrote a letter to the homeowner and dropped it off, which I.
Speaker 11: Really wanted it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what did the letter say, well, the offer.
Speaker 3: That we made on this house, and this if you missed it, like super long story short is are there are those certain houses that you see and I'm like, gosh, if that ever goes up for sale, I like want a chance. I just want to walk through it, which we did. But the letter basically said that we knew our offer was I mean, it was way lower than the asking price, but the house had been on the market for a while, so in my gut, I was like maybe at this point, like we kind of actually knew this already. There she wanted to get rid of it, and so we're like, you know, introduced who we were and just noted the fact that we know our offer was below the asking price, but like we could see our family here, you know, all the all the tugging at the heart string things. So put in an offer, wrote the letter and kind of knew in my heart that it wasn't going to happen. And it didn't happen. We got a text saying we didn't get it, which when Wes Wes was the one that got the text from our realtor who's a friend of mine, and my heart sunk because I was I was more disappointed than I thought I would be about it, because I knew it was such a pipe dream to even do this and move and the kids had no The kids still have no idea. Please got it. He's not listening well, But that's not like the end all be all. So I would have taken them through it then, and you know, a lot of things happen even after an offer gets accepted that you're you know, you're not stuck. But I was really disappointed, and through talking to Wes, I feel like doing this with this house kind of did a real like wonders for our relationship, and not that we were in a bad place or anything, but I feel like the whole process of doing this like brought us closer together. Just working together to get everything done with the bank that we needed to show and sitting and pouring over our finances and like writing out numbers and budgets and dreaming of what we would do with the house and like renovations. And he's very hands on and he's like, oh, I would I would want to do this myself, and this myself and we could spend weekends doing this and that was really fun for us. And so as bummed as I was. He sent me a text and he was like, Hey, I just want to let you know I'm really happy we even attempted to do this, and I'm really proud of us. I'm okay with how it played out because I've never felt more aligned with you. Come this was all a win. And I was like, okay, Like I do see that and feel that way, even though I'm still really bummed, but I'm like the silver lining is I think for him it was the fact that I was I was the one that got the ball rolling. I was the one willing to step away from the house that I've lived in for ten years and do this very big thing together.
Speaker 2: That's great because the last time that you guys looked at homes, there wasn't it seemed like you guys both on the same page.
Speaker 3: Correct, And we were very much on the same page with this. And to him, he didn't want to get the house the last time, rud No, I didn't.
Speaker 2: You didn't want I didn't. Oh, you didn't want to and then I and then I kind.
Speaker 3: Of switched and was like, well, wait, I actually do. So it was it's just been a process, and he was like taking a step back this is this was like our first big thing. I mean obviously aside from getting married, but like that we were we were going to do together when we were both on board.
Speaker 2: Do you is it so when you don't get something like if you don't you know, get that like people buy you know, a car or something like that, or you you know, looking at do you now go back to your house and not like your house that you're in right now?
Speaker 3: Honestly the opposite. I feel really grateful for my house, but there are also so many projects that we've been putting off, putting off, putting off, and like, Okay, this is green light that we are going to you know, until I see another house that I like, we're going to be here for a while and we should green light these projects and get them done.
Speaker 2: I love that y'all had that moment though. That was beautiful.
Speaker 3: It was good for us, and it was needed for us. It was needed for us.
Speaker 2: That would I think that would have been wild if that letter that you wrote, though, made this person go, you know what, we're going to give him this house. Yeah, and they're not going to pay for it at all.
Speaker 17: You write out my house.
Speaker 2: Trust.
Speaker 21: I write a letter and I way underbid everybody, and they were so moved by my letter that they accepted my offers.
Speaker 2: Are you serious?
Speaker 3: So that happened shooting your shot?
Speaker 21: Yeah, one hundred percent of the shots you don't take.
Speaker 2: Did you embellish the letter at all?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 17: I was actually just genuine.
Speaker 2: What have you said that?
Speaker 21: Obviously I'm in Florida, there's things. I'm a Hispanic female, so there's like an avocado, a mango tree. These are things that I've had in my grandparents' house, in my dad's house, and just things that reminded me of being with my dad, who's no longer here. And I said he would have loved this backyard. He gardens, he grew fruit and trees and things like that, and just kind of let him know about the area and like her, I can see my family in this house. We can make so many memories in it, and we understand it's not the perfect house, but we're going to make it our perfect house.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 21: So it just went like that, and then the realtor came back and told this. She's like they were crying.
Speaker 17: They accepted your offer, and I was like, you miss one undred per you don't.
Speaker 27: Take Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Think this one.
Speaker 3: It didn't work because these people weren't attached to the house. They've only lived there for a few years. It wasn't like they raised their family there and their grandkids and it was not that situation. But I still wrote it anyway.
Speaker 2: You know, if somebody told me the other day when because it's hard the market still doesn't have a lot of inventory out there, somebody said, you got to look at the death notices to see who's who. Grant like Granny died because they say that the because the generational people that are that have held on to homes for such a long period of time and then grandma kicks the bucket or grandpa kicks the butt bucket, and now the grandkids are like, I don't want this house. That's that's that's the way to uh to kind of do it, or or look for old people walking gingerly around homes, push them down, squat, squat, just jump in the house. That's what you and West you do. Just go in there and squat in that house and just see what ends up happened. That's a great that's such a great story to hear that. This was actually a good moment because I will say this sometimes homes break people up. Like sometimes the idea of people going into something like this, and I will say this to you, the number one cause of divorce is financial instability.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it would have stretched us. I said that to you, talking to you about it.
Speaker 2: If you, if you guys go into a situation like this and then it turns out to be, oh my god, Like sometimes with the biggest blessing is what doesn't happen?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 3: And I even said to Wes, what would have happened if you got that text from Meg? Was that a realtor?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: And she's she was like, they accepted it, and he goes, I would have spit myself, Like I would have had almost a heart attack, because yeah, I had to figure some things out.
Speaker 2: Yeah have you ever have you ever done that where you went to go buy something or you wanted to go buy something and it extended you too much to a point where you're like, I probably shouldn't be doing this, but I'm going to do it. I'm gonna treat myself. And it doesn't happen. You're so pissed off about the whole thing, and then later you look like a medical bill comes up or something happens to you, you know, and now you're.
Speaker 3: Well even with the last one that we didn't get, because this is the second house that we've looked at in like in the course of a year. Think, God, we didn't get that. Wes lost his job right after, and so we were like, Okay, there's like, thank you God that this is how it happened.
Speaker 2: Yea reason.
Speaker 3: You know, Wait, I don't want to lose my job.
Speaker 35: No, I don't want to.
Speaker 2: But can I But you know you don't. You don't realize, like, there's there's a reason. I mean, everybody you know, like for Jessica that writes the letter, there's a reason why that happens, why you don't get the house. There's also a reason too another house pops pops up. That's even better than that. You're not You're not stuck with I'd like to move into an apartment. To be honest with you. At this point, keep saying, I keep saying.
Speaker 3: I keep telling him, I'm like, do you want trades?
Speaker 2: I liked, we don't have anybody at home with it us anymore, you know what I mean? My neighbor I would do that. Chelsea and I talked about that Chelsea and I talked about would we ever, you know, get up, get an apartment or something downtown and move downtown.
Speaker 17: Easy maintenance, and you know what, I like the idea.
Speaker 2: That's the biggest pain of the ass of own in the house is trying to find something. It used to be you could call somebody and it'd come out and it's a couple hundred bucks or whatever. Now it's like minimum five hundred dollars to get somebody.
Speaker 26: Get dumb tacks that it's an app and it's much more affordable.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and then you get basically get some handy guy that has no.
Speaker 1: Get the job.
Speaker 21: It's easier in Michigan than it is in Florida to get stuff done. I realize that my mom's house fixed. Here in Florida, they'll charge you for the air you breathe, So at least the maintenance is a little bit easier here.
Speaker 17: You don't have to pull a permit for every single thing you do to your house.
Speaker 2: Plus, people in Florida are kind of weird.
Speaker 11: Well, yeah, it's always a yeah in the news that's.
Speaker 2: Like there's like the strength Florida guy pulls up. You know, I had one time had a guy, paint my house. Guy shows up for day number one of painting. Albanian dude in a Mercedes car like a like not a truck. Guy pulls up in a literal. I said, all right, what's going on here? And I'm like, he's coming to give me an estimate. Mercedes beautiful car sedan like looks like one that like you know, a rich dude in Birmingham drives. I'm thinking, this guy is not every day showed up to paint my house in that same car.
Speaker 1: Job.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking to myself, I'm paying way too much money this this guy's driving that all right? When we come back here in a second a Bianca and her learning the proper etiquette of eating dinner in front of the bosses wait too, so I have to let Bianca tell her story. But then I have to have Lydia and I describe the goat. We did a go around the table where everybody introduces themselves and our boss is there, literally one of the head guys that I heard, number three in charge, that I heard's there. Bianca went on a little too long. We'll talk about that coming out.
Speaker 18: Joe missed this in Mojo in the Morning's Dirty on the thirty.
Speaker 3: In minutes, we're gonna talk. Okay, this is the sweetest story. We were talking about signs from loved ones who have since passed. This story trending this morning about the postcard from Heaven. We will talk about that, plus the man living on a Netflix Netflix billboard. And also I have an update on Fake Usher. We'll talk about it coming up in Dirty.
Speaker 16: She has Dirty under thirty on Mojo in the Morning, guarantees Hu Mann't.
Speaker 9: Mojo in the Morning's.
Speaker 2: Dirty on the thirty, last Dirty of the morning, and then more Mojo in the Morning coming up here, and just a little bit. I feel like it's a Monday, kind of getting back into the swing of things. I got sleep in a couple of days. It was nine I thought about I feel tired because it was just a lot of stuff, you know. But I when we went to this radio convention, I tried to do a panel, and the panel was let's start our morning shows at nine am, Like, would that not be the greatest? Uh, you know what, Let's make the people in that commute. Well, a lot of people commute to their little you know, office in their house, or their kitchen table or something like that. It'd be nice to start the show later. Some shows do, though, I couldn't believe it. I was talking to a couple of guys and I'm like, yeah, so tell me about your show, and they're like, well, you know, we record the day before, and I'm like, really, like, what happens if? What if something crazy happens? I will say I have had the thought of what it would be like if we did record our show in the afternoons now, because I feel like you get a different person at time. Yeah, the later is your more away. I get jealous when I listened to Mike Vilenni in the afternoon. He's the big sports guy here in town, and I, you know, listen to a show. I like his show. I listen to the show, I go he has so much more energy than us because the guy probably wakes up at ten am or something.
Speaker 46: You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but then but then your show's not current. It's you're not connecting with people who are driving to work and starting their day.
Speaker 2: What if what if we just did That's the other thing too, is it would it would suck getting calls like the idea that some of these shows do it, and they don't. They don't get the calls. Come, let's sound a Joe show. Come on, Joe Show comes on, similar to us five thirty am, a late shift. Oh, their show in the afternoon here, Yeah, they do the double show man take calls in the afternoon. Yeah, pH and still work after five. No, you're right, you're right, we'll get calls in the afternoon. Chat. You don't like the idea because you have plans in the afternoon.
Speaker 3: No, because I get to spend time with the kids in the afternoon, and I love that. Once they got out of store, I get to pick them up from school to all that, do all the sports stuff.
Speaker 2: Kids are overrated.
Speaker 3: I don't have any living in your house anymore that you w NBA stars Deje Carrington and Sophie Cunningham. Carrington ejected for was it her second foul?
Speaker 2: It was, it was a foul, It was a hard foul.
Speaker 3: I think it was flagrant. It was a flagrant too foul against Sophie during their game against one another on Saturday, and then proceeded to write white privilege afterwards in a Threads post. So as you can imagine, there is a lot of conversation happening about that and Clark maybe the future of the w n B A.
Speaker 49: Prepared, But this morning it's her teammates Sophie Cunningham getting headlines.
Speaker 44: What's gets into the face of Dja Carrington.
Speaker 49: On Saturday, the Fever guard took a shot to the face from the Chicago Skyes DJA Carrington, who was then ejected. Moments later, Carrington posted a message on social media saying white privilege. Cunningham responded, this has nothing to do with race. Last year I did the same thing and I got kicked out, and I deserved to be kicked out. There's no reason even to play that card. Cunningham, an eight year veteran, has been in the spotlight after recently telling ESPN, I want to protect young girls in a locker room or young girls in a sport who shouldn't have to go against biological men. Those comments sparked rallies supporting her and protests against her at Fever games in Seattle, Portland, and Minnesota, with a crowd booed her each time she touched the ball. Some in the league are pushing back links coach Cheryl Reeves saying we need to protect trans kids. Every kid has a right to sports. Now, the league itself is stepping in. In a new memo, WNBA Commissioner Kathy Engelbert said the issue will be presented to a task force of team presidents and general managers next week. League rules say only women are eligible to play, but the contract language goes no further than that. The players Union says it embraces inclusion, but Warren's we will not be.
Speaker 3: Used as political pawns.
Speaker 49: Cunningham says the league can handle the debate.
Speaker 3: I do think that when you can come and have these conversations, it.
Speaker 9: Is so healthy.
Speaker 2: Interesting that that fall was a hard foul, but it didn't look intentional fall. Well, you know, they's not like she went out of her way. Well she got a flagrant too. I think she deserved that, and I think that they handled it that uh great that way. A lot of people are saying though that players there's I guess there's some kind of a thing where players shouldn't be going on social media during the game, and because the game was still going on, so I think that she may get herself into trouble with the league.
Speaker 15: For doing that.
Speaker 2: It's only a story because it's tied to Caitlyn Clark, everybody's favorite basketball. No, it's not Kaitlyn Clark at all. Did you hear the newscaster? Well she that was Again this is about what team cunning played for. But I think Sylvie Cunningham is more right now in the the spotlight because of her comments about uh, you know, women in basketball.
Speaker 32: The only reason we even are listening and know of her is because Kaitlyn Clark is on her team. And that's where that media attention and focus was and what they say at Rising Tide raise all ships. So with Kaitlyn Clark being on her team, that's why she has the focus that she has. You don't think it has her own fan, oh.
Speaker 2: Bro eight years just now talking about her. And they're not even the hottest team. The Minnesota League's on fire. Kaylen McBride set an all time record for ten threes yesterday, have forty one points. They got a rookie on their team, Olivia Miles. That's dog walking. These women. They going crazy. But again we popping our stuff and you a woman. I don't know if that's a good idea they actually if they let you, I don't know. I think that's a flavorant tour. I think that is a flavor in too.
Speaker 3: This is my favorite story of the morning. So a guy from Long Beach, California, goes out to check his mail, gets a postcard from his mom and dad, who are both dead, so right away some things up. Bob Sheppard amazed when he opens his mailbox. There it was this very old, very weathered postcard from Copenhagen, Denmark, mailed by his parents twenty six years ago. The postmark was July two thousand and it read flying in We saw lots of water in green greenland everywhere, Love Mom and Dad. His mom died four years ago. His dad died during the pandemic, so six years ago. Because of hospital restrictions at the time, this guy Bob never got to say goodbye to his dad, and he's like, that has haunted me for years and years. So then he goes out to his mailbox and gets this postcard, calls the post office and they're like, we don't really know. It must have fallen out of a bin or a basket, maybe under went underneath a desk or a file cabinet. They just probably found it, saw that he lived at the same address and sent it. Anyway, talk about a postcard from heaven. It's an amazing bong. Shepherd opened the story you hear.
Speaker 18: I started looking at it and go, oh, my gosh, this is a treasure.
Speaker 3: A treasure twenty six years in the making.
Speaker 50: Was the only mail I got that day, a weathered postcard from Copenhagen, signed simply M and D.
Speaker 51: Flying in we saw lots of water and green greenland everywhere.
Speaker 18: Love M and D for mom and dad.
Speaker 3: But there's just one thing.
Speaker 50: Bob's mom, Joanne, died four years ago. His dad John died six years ago during the pandemic, and because of hospital restrictions at the time, Bob never got the chance to say a proper goodbye.
Speaker 2: It haunts me to this day.
Speaker 3: Bob remembers his dad an army veteran, but.
Speaker 18: He was an intelligent man, very very carey and very loving.
Speaker 3: And his mom a school teacher.
Speaker 18: World traveler, social butterflies.
Speaker 3: Travel was what they loved. Tell me about this board.
Speaker 18: So this board I made for my mom and dad for the celebration of life.
Speaker 50: Pages from passports, photos from a lifetime of adventures.
Speaker 18: In Eastern Island, the Galopicus, Africa.
Speaker 50: There's my mom in a boat, and even a log of all the places they went, including Denmark, where twenty six years ago, his parents handpicked this postcard, wrote a note to their son and dropped it in the mail. It was postmarked in July of two thousand. The la postmark August twenty twenty six. Bob's mailman offering this explanation, and.
Speaker 51: He believes, probably what happened to this postcard is this somehow fell out of a bin or a basket or a shelf or something like that, and it maybe it went underneath a desk or a file cabinet or something like that, and they must have just found it recently and said, hey, the guy still lives at the same address.
Speaker 2: Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 3: It's that And it's a nutty story.
Speaker 2: That's a beautiful story. Yeah, it's a beautif full story. And it's said that he never got to say goodbye to his mom face to face first, Yeah, during COVID. So yeah, now he's uh, now he's got the postcard. I mean, that's beautiful.
Speaker 3: God, you guys are.
Speaker 2: I didn't do anything.
Speaker 9: That's all.
Speaker 2: You made a joke. I thought making a joke. I gave my I gave my old thought. What is cold hearted? I thought that was wonderful. What's your next story?
Speaker 3: New York Representative Alexandria Ocasio Cortes AOC announcing that she has started the process of freezing her eggs.
Speaker 30: I have made the decision to start freezing my eggs, and I want to share this because I was weighing it for a very long time, and I think that you know, I was saving for it for a very long time, and there just isn't a ton out there, I feel, and sometimes it can feel very daunting.
Speaker 3: And as women in general, we are not taught about our bodies.
Speaker 30: We are not prepared for our own lives.
Speaker 3: Yeah, said She is talking about it because she wants to normalize discussions around women's fertility and pregnancy, menopause, perry pcos, and other aspects of women's health that she feels like are too often overlooked.
Speaker 2: Doctor Basie does it at fertility Institute. Thank you free right, Uh, you can do something. I don't know, we should call it doctor Bassie. And as I will say this though, for if you're a woman that is in your thirties, you know, and you're getting you know to the age where you're thinking, I want to have children, I think it's awesome.
Speaker 3: My friend did it and it's so funny. She did it, and then like three months later I met a guy, they got married and had a baby the old fashion way.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, So what do they do with the frozen eggs aganism? Still there?
Speaker 3: She's y interesting? Yeah, and real quick? What you kind of free sperm? Thanks Kevin. Yesterday it would have been Whitney Houston's sixty third birthday, and in honor, Mattel unveiled the first ever Whitney Houston barbie, which I did not know. This was a dream of Whitney's. According to her sister in law, Pat, she had always wanted a Barbie doll, but this one is very specifically inspired by the I Want to Dance with Somebody music video. So purple dress, hearing, the microphosa, yep, the hair. If you are a Whitney fan, you can get it at Target, Walmart, Amazon or streets. That came out yesterday.
Speaker 2: If they were going to make a Shannon barbie, which is very possible, you are celebrating seventeen years of being on the Mojo on the Morning Show. What era of Shannon would you want your barbie to be from? Would you want it to be from the I was dating the guys that played guitars and skinny jeans era. No the emo kind of thing, or would you want it to be the Shannon era of your kind of preppiness? Would you want the mom Ara? What era do you want?
Speaker 3: I like the era I'm in right now. It would be this mega barb with lots of shopping bags and a bottle of line not a glass, a bottle actually a bottle in both hands brand if I had.
Speaker 2: If I had a doll, it'd be a cabbage patch doll, one of those big old fats.
Speaker 3: All right, if it miss anything from today, so you can always go back and catch up on the podcast on the Totally I Heeart Radio app.
Speaker 16: Miss something in the dirty on the thirty This was on our podcast now at Mojo in the Morning dot com.
Speaker 2: All right, it's Mojo in the Morning. So Bianca, Lydia, myself all went away. We've talked about this. We went away to a radio convention. Bianca was the highlight of the world for everybody, wasn't she. Lydia Lydia, you need to jump in on this one too, So stay off the phones for a second. If you're calling, If you want to call up. You can text call me and Lydia will call you, or just call and let it ring for a little bit and we'll pick you up live or something on the air, because I want Lydia to participate in this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is crazy.
Speaker 8: So growing up, my mom always said, Biaka, you have no table manners, and I always thought she was just overreacting or I'm like, shut up, mom, whatever, But after this week I realized she's right.
Speaker 4: Mom's always right.
Speaker 8: This happened two times, So I'm going to talk about the first dinner first. Who went to this place? It was called Marble Room. Fancy, yeah, very very nice.
Speaker 2: Know how we got the reservation? I said, Hi, I'm friends with Grant Gilbert. Can you get me a reservation? And hey, listen, I am friendly with Grant Gilbert. Thank you Grant. By the way, you got me a great table. Actually, they gave us the nicest table right in the center of the bar, and it was one of those which I don't like it. I don't like sitting down in comfy chairs eating.
Speaker 3: No, it was like you're sitting in a soma.
Speaker 11: I love not eat steak dinner.
Speaker 2: You can chill and relax.
Speaker 6: I'm over the table, elbows on. I'm leaning in chewing my steak. First of all, I get medium well steak. That's why I cook my steak, right. So they bring me a plate and on the plate I.
Speaker 4: Said, m R right.
Speaker 6: So I said, excuse me, waitress, I want a medium well not medium. She said, the initials are MR for marble room.
Speaker 10: So I was like, okay. We have Mojo's friend Keith over here like looking at me like I'm.
Speaker 2: Some nut job, which I am? Are you saying?
Speaker 4: He was just listening to me, talking like.
Speaker 2: Keith at one plate was Bianca was like nine stops like, well, bro, how you doing Bro? Like the waiter comes over, keep it, one point goes she hopefully talks a lot on your show. He was like all excited about that, so let's.
Speaker 8: Move on tonight too. We have a big iHeart dinner. It's one of those like we're at a conference room pretty much huge table of.
Speaker 2: Like twenty people's steakhouse.
Speaker 8: I'm telling you all right, huge thing in a room of a lot of people that I should have been very very very professional.
Speaker 2: Around, but I was not. Rovers Morning Glory The Fred Show from Chicago, Jim Kerr The legend.
Speaker 1: From New York?
Speaker 2: Who else away from out a boss?
Speaker 11: I want to know some of the things. Bianca was saying.
Speaker 10: Oh, I'll get there.
Speaker 11: Okay.
Speaker 4: First off, First off, I order my stake medium.
Speaker 17: Well again, I get my steak, and I asked for stick sauce. A one sauce.
Speaker 10: I love a one sauce, all right, A one sauce.
Speaker 11: She's laughing at herself.
Speaker 10: I am everyone around the room.
Speaker 11: You were asking everyone around them if they wanted.
Speaker 3: Like getting up and going to teach person get around, and.
Speaker 29: Some guy.
Speaker 11: June kurgoes, you do not have table matters, and he was being dead serious.
Speaker 21: Yes.
Speaker 2: I was like, wait, why he said?
Speaker 8: That is the biggest insult to the chef asking for steak sauce.
Speaker 9: I w.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Sorry, they don't even by the way, it wasn't he Can I tell you what they did. They didn't even have They didn't have a one sauce there. The chef had to make it on his.
Speaker 11: I knew, my god, she has to be in mid seventies.
Speaker 10: And I'm sorry, bro, I didn't know.
Speaker 9: Bro.
Speaker 10: Also, I did not know, like you're not supposed to eat all your food.
Speaker 3: I give me some guy to you, ken, no, I did you actually lick your plate?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, everyone around me, I don't know what to you the no no.
Speaker 2: In fairness, every radio person is now on a g l P one.
Speaker 10: We're all right, can we talk about our intros?
Speaker 24: All right?
Speaker 2: Yes, so so let me explain this and then you and then you go. So they so, uh, Dennis Clark goes, We're gonna go around the room and everybody's gonna okay, everybody's going to introduce them.
Speaker 3: So I hate when.
Speaker 2: He's like, come on, guys, we're going to do this.
Speaker 7: And ice Breaker, oh god, he's one our consultant. Yeah, he'stant. He's the the director of personality programming.
Speaker 2: I don't know what they So Dennis goes and goes and let's start over here with the Mitcham with the him is like one of the she's probably for iheard, probably one of the top three programmers, if not top two or one in the in the company. So THEA stars and THEE goes, you know, my name is THEA Mitcham. I oversee New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington, DC. Like she goes, you know, she goes into her whole thing, and everybody goes around the room. They've got everybody at this table, going around the room. Everybody keeps it to Hey, you know, I'm so and so whatever. It goes to Bianca, and Bianca goes, what up, guys.
Speaker 8: I'm Bianka, I'm I'm on the motion of the Morning show. Lydia runs the channel nine to five five. She's kind of my boss. She runs everything. And then Tony's like, no, she.
Speaker 2: Keeps going on, and she goes, da da da da da da dada. She keeps going and Tony goes, that's enough. Everyone in the entire time that this is happening. I'm looking at Tony and beads and because this boss was right next to him, so his boss is listening.
Speaker 9: To all this.
Speaker 2: He's Tony is thinking to himself, Brad Harding is going to make a Monday call. You are so high God, why that's you? This is just you and that's why we love me.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 10: And then at the end of the night, Dennis Clark goes, I just want to say thank you for everyone to go around and everyone being here, and.
Speaker 8: I just want to say and I stepped in and I was like, we just got to give a shout out to all the hot mobs, all the mills.
Speaker 2: Over showing out, why did that?
Speaker 11: I was talking to hot mom.
Speaker 2: What he brought his his beautiful wife. What he's got a beautiful wife. She's also now back in radio, which is cool. So that's cool situation. And uh, Rover's wife was there. Who Rover's wife is gorgeous, so they were there, so that's who she was.
Speaker 10: I had to give a shout out to the hot mobs.
Speaker 11: Were you drunk?
Speaker 24: No?
Speaker 10: I had to wine and a Sangrea big deal. So he's like, this is beyond.
Speaker 2: You can't tell if Bianca is drunker.
Speaker 24: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I actually say, like, you know how like when we all get drunk, like Zach, When Zach gets drunk, you know, he's you get drunk.
Speaker 3: When I'm drunk, you announce that you're intoxicated.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what's her name from Bridesmaids? That's Beyonca. So I'm not talking.
Speaker 10: Tony's like, you're cut off.
Speaker 2: Hold on, Amanda wants to come to the defense of of Bianca. What's going on here?
Speaker 24: No? Actually, if it's a good steak, you shouldn't have to put anything on it is true.
Speaker 3: No cut up?
Speaker 2: I learned exactly.
Speaker 10: I'm gonna eat my stake dry next time.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna.
Speaker 24: Now if I get a steak where I need to put something on it?
Speaker 2: If not, any one I use ranch.
Speaker 28: Awful?
Speaker 18: How are you?
Speaker 19: Yeah?
Speaker 8: No, if I was dimming my stake and rant at that table, gotta try it.
Speaker 6: It was also so funny how Tony was monitoring what Bianca was eating so like she'd go to pick up a piece of bread, He's like, can you make sure that has no nuts in it?
Speaker 2: Tony was Tony was kind of parenting, uh, Bianca during this whole thing, like it was. It was pretty funny, Like I actually laugh over how he reacted to it. I would love to know and is he here right now or uh, just ask him. I would just love to get his perspective on the whole thing.
Speaker 8: I just knew Dennis Clark had enough of me because after he was eating, he got up right away.
Speaker 10: When on the other side of the room, he's like, I'm done with her.
Speaker 2: Dennis got a little carried away when I said to him, I go, here's the deal. If we're because they invited us to go to dinner and then you go And I said yeah, and I need to extra you know, pluses, you know, or plus two extra, and he's like, I can't do that. If I do that, Brad will come down on me. And I'm like, I ain't going to vein going or we're going somewhere. El Tony, were you embarrassed at all by Bianca Amanda listening to this just just the overall presence of Beyonca. Were you worried that Brad Harden was going to call him a Monday meeting because of Bianca at the dinner the other night.
Speaker 44: Not really, but I wanted to thank Maddie for all the great social media stuff she does for the radio station.
Speaker 2: KP KP really built this, you know a lot of things. Yeah, yeah, oh.
Speaker 8: This is getting the boot all right, guys, we don't get your manners together, They're not gonna let you go on field trips anymore.
Speaker 2: Can I Can I say this though? We did a group session where all the morning guys and gals and everybody came around and we all shared ideas. Everybody was like, hey, here are three great things that we did. At the end of the thing, Woody came up to me and he said, I got more out of Bianca and Lydia than I did off of anybody. It was pretty cool. I didn't get this on a post on my personal page, and the post was, you know how excited I was to go to boot camp because I loved going there and reliving what boot camp was for me back in the day through the eyes of Lydia and Beyonca. They were taking pages of notes and there was a time where I remember I would be at the first session to the last session and I would come home with a spiral notebook full of stuff, and you guys made me realize I better pay attention a little more.
Speaker 1: It was cool.
Speaker 2: It was cool to see how excited you guys were and yeah, oh yeah, great, hold on, John wants to say something. What do you want to say? John?
Speaker 33: Hey, good morning guys. So a couple of years ago, we went to Washington, d C. For a police week and we went to a really nice steakhouse.
Speaker 14: A group of us, and I ordered my steak and when it came out, I asked for catch up, and the waiter was totally like a surprise, so bad that the actual hatshot came out.
Speaker 12: And asked what was wrong with.
Speaker 2: Wow, that is so funny.
Speaker 29: I love it, and I said, and I said, there's nothing wrong.
Speaker 33: But if I'm paying this much, I could put cuts up.
Speaker 12: Whatever I want.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's how you like to eat it?
Speaker 2: Hold on, June, what did you want to say?
Speaker 38: June?
Speaker 24: Oh?
Speaker 12: Man, first time long time I heard media?
Speaker 29: What's happening?
Speaker 23: What man?
Speaker 13: We gotta get that call at that call talking about putting ranch awesome steak.
Speaker 12: We gotta get him tested for Kobe.
Speaker 9: Right now.
Speaker 12: And this word ranch or some steak. And also I'm gonna put some steak sauce on my state. I don't care who cookies. I ain't no dry steak, I ain't no cowboy.
Speaker 10: Give me.
Speaker 2: Nina, what's up, Nina? It's Mojo in the morning.
Speaker 36: Hi.
Speaker 40: I just wanted to say that Bianca's big personality is going to take her big places.
Speaker 29: We love Bianca. She's the best, Thank.
Speaker 2: You so much. She is great Lydia had to room with her. Can you imagine where that?
Speaker 11: Wait until I think it would be a great time.
Speaker 6: Wait so wait until you see how stay came out. It came out the back end from so bad guys. I was gagging, no joke. I was like your b room with Mojo. I'm not kidding in front of the bathroom. Wait a second, Julie, what's up?
Speaker 1: Julie?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 29: Hi, Hey, Bianca.
Speaker 13: You go for our girl.
Speaker 24: You keep it real, and that's what's important.
Speaker 29: If everybody else I guarantee you.
Speaker 36: They all want to do what you were doing.
Speaker 17: So keep it up.
Speaker 10: Girl that's passed it around.
Speaker 36: Just keep it real.
Speaker 37: That's how you are.
Speaker 10: Listen. I know everyone else want to steak sauce. Is they want to take it?
Speaker 8: I'm sure they're looking at my sauce like shoot, I should have taken her up on the offer.
Speaker 2: By the way, the legend Jim Kurr just retired this morning and it's because of banc I'm getting Wait, can I say this.
Speaker 8: Is the future Tony water Chicken at a steakhouse?
Speaker 18: That is true.
Speaker 2: It's true.
Speaker 44: And by the way, I'm embarrassed to admit I didn't know you couldn't put steak sauce on a steak.
Speaker 10: You're not alone, Listen, I grew up at Texas Roadhouse. We always put steak there.
Speaker 2: Amen.
Speaker 1: Ayah.
Speaker 16: Shout out to all the corporate hostages we see you. That positive attitude almost doesn't seem forced today, Jack, this is Mojo in the Morning.
Speaker 34: Ky Detroit US and Next Ski and Grand Records, Simy vs. Tili Do and Iard Radio Station guaranteed human real stories, real laughs, real do.
Speaker 2: Mojo in the Morning Live. All right, it is the Mojo in the Morning show. You know you gotta remind me to tell tomorrow morning story wise was the elevators were broken at the hotel that we were at. Oh No, and I was on floor twenty six. No, I gotta talk about that, which, by the way, was honest. I'll never stay in a hotel ever again. Past five I talked to it. No, I talked to a firefighter friend. Yeah, okay, So I got a friend, Doug, who's a firefighter in South Kate, and he said to me, he goes, if they can't get you by the ladder, you're screwed. What you mean, like, if the ladder can't go up to that level, your it's over. I mean, you're pretty mind that out, he said. Bro, they need the slides like the airplane where parachutes in there.
Speaker 32: It can't be Look, we have twenty twenty six, we sending people to the moon, We're trying to go to Mars. You're telling me just because I'm A twenty six. You can't come get me. What you need is and the helicopter. Here's the parachutes. They need to have like a parachute in the room. Like you know how in the room they always have the Bible. They need to have a parachute in the room. I actually I'm gonna talk about this. I'm just to say it right now. We'll talk about this.
Speaker 2: So one of the days that I was in the hotel and I'm on floor twenty six trying to push the button and there's no even light going on. Okay, So I'm like, this is crazy. What's happening here? Supposedly Beyonca and Lydia. Did you guys know this? There was a fire or there was a fire alarm or I don't know, something that went off and it shuts the elevator shafts down, so the elevators aren't going on. I found this out after the fact. Yeah, wait till you here after what. So We're hanging out on the twenty sixth floor and I'm there with a group of people. One of them shout out to Dave Smiley Smiley from Indianapolis. He says hello to say I to Shannon in the morning mess. So standing there waiting for this elevator not going. Finally somebody goes, this ain't working, guys, Let's walk down the stairs. We're on twenty sets at least you going down though. Yeah, so twenty six. Here's the craziest thing in Lydia. I don't know if we can get John jay On with us. We should because there's a part of John jay on this one too. Get him out the cold plunge. So we are going down the stairs, probably about ten flights of the stairs going down. You did it, by the way, I'm shocked by the way. Let me tell you something about stairs.
Speaker 1: You have one.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. You actually attempted to do this.
Speaker 2: That's me going down. Actually I almost wish I would have just started flipping down the stairs. So went down. I went down, you know, one, two, I'm like counting, going, what floor are we now? You know what I mean, Like you don't know where it's gonna end? Two, three, four, five, freaking out. All of a sudden, we get down to it was actually ten flights of stairs, so it was floor like sixteen or something. Good minute and at floor at floor sixteen, there's a dinging. They One of the guys goes, I think I heard a ding. We won. Yeah, you know what a ding is?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Ding? The ding means that the elevator is going there.
Speaker 3: Yes, are you being serious right now?
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm very serious. Yes, so channing, I don't walk downstairs for the hell of it.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I'm saying, do you know what a You just asked me, do you know.
Speaker 24: What a ding is?
Speaker 21: Oh?
Speaker 2: Did you know what the ding? I just didn't know if you knew what the ding was? Yeah, it's the ding on the elevator. She's looking at me like I'm speaking a foreign language here right now. So we get we get out, and the elevators are working. So they're finally working. Took it down the rest of way. I am like sweating perfuse, and I only brought like a few outfits, like I didn't bring like a ton of outfits. And so we finally get an elevator and go down. Find out later that there was some kind of a fire alarm or something at the Hilton, which, by the way, whatever the hotel was we stayed in Cleveland, I think it was the Hilton. It was the worst smelling rooms I've ever been in the rooms. You know what the room smelled like me walking downsis it was mildewing, misty or musty. It was awful. So so the elevators are like this. So this is where John Jay comes into play. John Jay, tell me that this is not insanity. John Jay was staying in the same hotel and I think he was equally the flights. He walks downstairs for exercise.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I know somebody that does that. Really, My husband.
Speaker 2: Does West does that?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: John Jay? John Jay. When he stays in a hotel or at work, whatever the deal is, he never takes an elevator down. He'll he'll take it up, but he's not going to take it down because he thinks that it's good for his calves. He got to just at Caves. Tell me if you think my calves got any stronger. I was like crazy, vang was popping up all right. So here's here's a question for you. Has anybody ever had to like, if you're in an office building, like if we were in the rents sense probably the tallest building here in town. If we were in the rent Send, I probably would say, can we move our studios to like the second floor I was, oh, God forbid, this goes off. I was told that certain.
Speaker 32: I don't know if every single stairwheel has this capability, but I remember when I worked at Quicker than the Chase building, I would because that was my question. I'm like, if a fire breakout on five and I'm up on twelve and the entire fifth floorm is engulfed in flames in my screw and they basically they connected me with security and like all these type of people, and they said that the stair wheel is basically fireproof. It is so you can I don't know if every building is like that, so supposed to be safe in order for you to have the ability.
Speaker 3: To What if it was like an eighty year old woman who's living on the twenty eighth floor and you got to get her down on the stairs.
Speaker 2: That's not happening, Peter Parker, Right, what would you do? What would you do if you're up on even like maybe the twelfth floor and there's the firefighters on the bottom and they got that big Do they have this only trampling?
Speaker 3: Is that real in the movies?
Speaker 2: I'll be scared, Yeah, but I really do that.
Speaker 24: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was the alternative hold on John Jay's on John Jay. I don't want to interrupt you. I don't know if you're on the air or off.
Speaker 37: The air, but yes we are on the air.
Speaker 2: But go ahead. Mojo. I was telling the story about how the elevators went out and I had to walk down the stairs. And then I saw on your social media you do this all the time.
Speaker 1: Like this.
Speaker 37: I tried to exercise as much as I can, and we were in Cleveland, all of us. My room was to the stairwell on the twenty seventh floor, and I was like, that's a sign from God that I should exercise, so I took it. And I never took the elevator. In fact, Mojo, I was just telling everybody here on the show. Before Lydia texted me, I said, you know what they needed that boot camp. They need to have a session on health and fitness. How to be in radio for thirty years and I was at the gym three times. Never saw one guy in radio that track.
Speaker 36: What if it was sponsored by Cinnabon, I was telling.
Speaker 2: I was telling my wife about how you know one of the days, I think it was the day before or the day that you guys did come the elevators went out. So the elevators were out, and I had to go down ten flights of stairs before finally the elevator started working again. I thought I was going to die, and then I see John Jay on his story here I am.
Speaker 37: I'm going downstairs, rich Wood, upstairs is harder.
Speaker 2: Rich Do you do this too? I mean you're you're a physically fit guy.
Speaker 36: No, no, not, I look like I look like a guy that might go to the gym every now and then, but does not skip all of garden and that shirt.
Speaker 2: It's can I tell you guys?
Speaker 37: I tell you guys because I tell you all the time. Joe, I listen to your show all the time. I listened this morning. I love the way you had Tony trabado on talking about how he calls his wife, and I couldn't believe you didn't.
Speaker 1: Call your wives.
Speaker 37: I had called my wife all the time. Maybe five seconds off the hell breaks loose.
Speaker 2: You're now you're going to make me get in more trouble. It's going to be horrible. You know what the other conversation was, Well, we talked. We talked about with the radio people. We don't talk about Sharon Bets. It's Hey, what kind of T shirts are you guys wearing? I found that?
Speaker 37: Yeah, yeah, well, hey dude, I'm out already text you this morning.
Speaker 2: John Jay is sending me all his his shirts that are double xes because he's no longer he's a Look at how skinny the guy is. You know?
Speaker 37: No, no, did you get my text from this morning?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 37: You brought up. You brought up. If you look at your phone, you brought up a shirt. You were wearing a shirt, and you were wearing a shirt because Taylor Sheridan. Yes, I spent all week in googling that shirt, and I found it last night. I bought a whole bunch of them. There's a great I sent you a screenshot of the shirt. I bought all these.
Speaker 36: That's what you guys learned at radio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, real quick. The other one too, is have you ever heard what is it called John Jay the Fresh Clean or something Fresh Clean.
Speaker 37: Fresh Clean Teas or something like that. That's the brand I have.
Speaker 2: Every every radio person has a subscription to Fresh Clean Teas, I guess.
Speaker 12: And I have.
Speaker 37: I bought a whole bunch. I didn't know what was going to work for me to extra excel, and so I bought a whole bunch of boats, and and I have all these excels that I'll be more. Give me your address right now, your home address, over the air.
Speaker 13: Done.
Speaker 2: I still cannot believe that you walk downstairs like that. That is honestly that that is crazy.
Speaker 37: Thanks man. I'm trying to stay in shape, man, and I and I walk up the stairs too. I don't just go down the stairs.
Speaker 2: And my cabs heard for three days that is amazing. Well, I bowed down before you because I ain't getting that healthy and you pulled up.
Speaker 37: You pulled off in white pants at a boot camp that I did it for the listeners.
Speaker 2: I did all right. I love you guys. I'll talk to you. There is great seeing you both.
Speaker 37: Cute little brown stain in the back.
Speaker 2: Hold on, Sarah, what's up, Sarah? How you doing?
Speaker 8: Good morning mode.
Speaker 25: I'm doing fine?
Speaker 2: Thank you? Yes Hi.
Speaker 22: My comment was, you're taking a gop one shot, right, yes?
Speaker 29: You you you going down the steps. That's a workout for you, and that just helps out with your g op one, especially if you guys ate all that fools. You just worked it right home.
Speaker 2: Listen. I'm gonna tell you you're right. I should get some cardio. But walking downstairs is like bad on my knees. I don't know if I can do it. It's crazy. I walk down the stairs here at the radio station.
Speaker 3: You should see the stairs.
Speaker 2: You should see these, the amount of stairs. I've got a climate.
Speaker 3: This spars too and a half.
Speaker 29: Whenever I go on a cruise, you know how they have the buffets.
Speaker 38: Yeah, they My cousin and my friend, they make us take the stairs everywhere we go.
Speaker 49: We don't get on the elevator no matter what floor we're on.
Speaker 24: We worked the full right back off.
Speaker 29: With the stairs.
Speaker 2: Listen. I go to the Twelve Oaks mall, okay, and I if I have to walk, if I have to walk upstairs or grow up an escalator, I don't even do it. I get into the elevator, I think, the one little elevator that's in them. I'm not uh, not exercising that much. What's going on, Kimberly, Hello, good morning.
Speaker 23: So like ten years ago, I was interning at the Renaissance Center and I was on like the twenty second floor I think, And there was one day where the power went out and I had to walk.
Speaker 2: Down the twenty two places of stairs and my legs were yellow. Oh that man, I can't point.
Speaker 32: Don't let it be a fire drill it really, this has better be burned because I'm not going back up.
Speaker 2: Well when did when did the power go back on? Did it ever go?
Speaker 24: It was like it was like an afternoon, so we was like all left early.
Speaker 23: So luckily you didn't have to like, you know, go back up, but all or not? But just yeah, even just going down, I was like, you think, you know, you know, gravity takes shooting.
Speaker 2: Now, how many times did you stop and just you know, heavy breathe for a little bit.
Speaker 23: I don't think I was.
Speaker 24: I don't think you had to do that, you know, but you know, I don't want to flap.
Speaker 2: It's like, you know, can you imagine if you were in like nice you know, heels or something.
Speaker 3: I mean, you'd be taking them off and going up there feet.
Speaker 2: That's like drunk girl walk right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you just there comes a point you don't care anymore.
Speaker 2: All right, Thanks for the call, Camberly, take care of yourself the crazy let alone. The show varies from day to day.
Speaker 16: Points today brought us scale the point of keV You're off freaking shows have last second you're.
Speaker 44: Gonna mess up your blood fresh act and crazy's.
Speaker 1: Load you on your moody man.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I can't understand what they're saying, and I got all that I felt like it was too loud. I felt like they're all right. We are done for today. We will be back tomorrow for more Mojo in the Morning, Second Date Update podcast up. Also all the stuff we talked about this morning, Kevin, the promise ring, and everything that we did on today's show, you can go check out on our podcast. Shannon, you made it to seventeen failures.
Speaker 3: Going on eighteen officially now, guys, Yes, here's to eighteen more.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow morning, we will be celebrating the one hundredth episode of the We Don't podcast.
Speaker 3: That's huge.
Speaker 2: Talk about that tomorrow and do a live podcast, So make sure that you're checking that out and share with friends. Mojo in the Morning. We appreciate that that means a lot to us if you tell friends about something that we did on the day show.
Speaker 34: Twenty plus years of idiocy and still going in Detroit, Toledo, in West Michigan, it's Mojo in the Morning.