Speaker 1: Just the second date.
Speaker 2: Update module in the morning.
Speaker 3: Why are you not getting a call back after you went on a date? We're going to find out this morning. Alex is getting ghosted today. Alex, what'd you guys do on your date? Good? Yeah, we met at the bar a while ago and took her to an ICCE dinner and drinks, and you thought that everything went great so much that you actually went and texted her the next day try to get another date. She didn't answer you. And now how long has it been since you've heard from her?
Speaker 2: It's been a week, so.
Speaker 3: A week since you guys have been out with each other, and a week since you've actually had some communication. We're going to find out what's going on. Kylie is on with us this morning. Kylie agreed to go on after some talking to Alex. Will you say hello to her?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 2: How's it going?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 6: I mean I'm good, Okay, Kylie.
Speaker 3: Alex seemed to think that things went great on the date. Are you just busy and not being able to return phone calls? Or are you obviously purposely not returning a phone call because you didn't enjoy it?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: No, I'm intentionally ignoring him.
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Was it that you just don't see yourself, you know, enjoying time with him or are you not attracted to him?
Speaker 2: What is it about?
Speaker 6: Oh, I just don't think he can take care of me.
Speaker 2: Oh what does that mean?
Speaker 6: Well, like, I mean I want to be a stay at home mom, and like I just don't think with his job he's going to be able to provide for me the way I need to be provided for.
Speaker 2: How do you know that though?
Speaker 6: Because he works at Dick's Sporting Goods.
Speaker 2: Okay, day trading or something you never know?
Speaker 3: So wait a second, this is a wild So you guys get into a conversation with each other, enjoying a date with each other. In your head, you're thinking what you're looking for as a relationship where you can be a stay at home mom, and and because he works at Dick's Sporting Goods, you look at that as there's no future.
Speaker 6: Well, so like, yeah, he doesn't have like any ambitions. He doesn't want like a different job or anything, Like he's not dreaming bigger.
Speaker 2: What do you do at Dix, Alex?
Speaker 6: Honestly, I work in this, you know, one of the sports sections I like sell people like the especially the tennis area. So you know.
Speaker 2: So wait a second, So you're a guy, So you are you're a I'm like sales.
Speaker 3: Are you working your way to management or I mean not that it matters at all, but are you working?
Speaker 2: Is this like a.
Speaker 5: Goals within the company for you?
Speaker 3: I mean honestly, like if they wanted to remote me, sure, but I haven't been like chasing that.
Speaker 6: I just like really enjoy being there. I like what I do right now?
Speaker 5: How old are you, guys? Do we already ask them?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I'm thirty three, So okay, so thirty three year old guy works at Dix and you, Kylie, are now getting ready to be thirty. And your thing is I want a future with whoever I'm going to be with.
Speaker 2: I gotta be honest.
Speaker 3: Are your stories about how bad it is in the dating world right now and how hard it is to get good dates?
Speaker 2: Is he a nice guy? Is he attractive?
Speaker 3: Is he somebody that you you know, like what he does now doesn't mean necessarily what he's going to do in the future.
Speaker 6: Okay, but you've just heard him. He's thirty three, ok he's working at Dicks, Like the future is now, and I mean like, yeah, he's cute and yeah, we have like a good time, but I need I have a long term partner.
Speaker 3: I have girls at work with us, I have girls that are friends, I have friends of friends, and when we talk dating, honestly, they would take a live and breathing right now of a good guy.
Speaker 5: So I kind of want to defend her a little bit because I don't you're going to go to a way you wear a bad way?
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 5: Okay, she does not sound to me, and I could be wrong, but from the little information we've gotten so far, Kylie, you don't sound to me like you are necessarily a gold digger that you're looking for a guy who makes two million dollars a year and buys you a Louis every year for your anniversary. Like to me, you just want to be able to stay at home and raise a family and be comfortable. And you don't feel like his current you know hourly wage will allow for that.
Speaker 2: And is that true?
Speaker 6: Though?
Speaker 8: Before we go further, is that true? Or do you want the Louis lifestyle?
Speaker 6: I mean, like a Louis would be nice, and like I do want to be able to like go out for coffee with my girlfriends and like go do drunch sometimes like listen, like I am fit, I like take care of myself and like what I provide at home should be enough, and I need a man who can, you know, support me.
Speaker 2: See the reason that I just like, here's my goal off.
Speaker 8: So my first point is I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting someone that shows ambition, and once you identify that that person doesn't, then maybe that isn't the person for you.
Speaker 2: What I don't enjoy and where I do pick.
Speaker 8: Up gold digger behavior is that it was the first date and it seems like she immediately mentally checked out the moment he said associated.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 5: And the reason I defended her is because I have a very close friend of mine from college who wanted to go to college because she loved learning, but her dream in life was to be a mom, a stay at home mom, and so she just knew that when she was looking for a partner, that's what she was looking for. Like she she just wanted to raise a lot of babies.
Speaker 2: Sandra, what did you want to say?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 9: I just thought that that was completely ridiculous, Like I understand she wants to be a stay at home mom or whatever it is. That she's trying to do. But to intentionally ignore him, she used the word intentional.
Speaker 6: That was a little bit.
Speaker 9: Extra. You could have just simply said I'm no longer interested. You know, you're not the guy for me, whatever the case may have or may not have been.
Speaker 7: But to intentionally ignore, I.
Speaker 5: Mean, that's every second date update unfortunately.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 7: Don't Yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Don't have time to waste with boys.
Speaker 5: You could have sent him on a text, though she is right on that.
Speaker 2: Rashad what's up? It's mojo in the morning.
Speaker 7: But what's up?
Speaker 6: Bos? That's how you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great? What's going on? What do you want to say?
Speaker 7: Just saying?
Speaker 10: Man, I'm forty five, but I had my career set when I was twenty four. It seems like this generation don't have their head on straight. Like finances are very important thing, especially to a woman. I mean, you gotta be able to take care of women. They want to go on nice dates.
Speaker 7: Blah blah blah. I get it. Maybe he's not where he needs to be, but he should have been there ten years ago.
Speaker 8: But shot shot, that's not That's not everybody's lifestyle, though not everybody either comes from.
Speaker 2: A bit and they're not using it.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna speak real quick shot because I let you go off.
Speaker 2: Here's my thing.
Speaker 8: I think that some people from a family perspective are put in better situations where they have examples of people around them who show them what success looks like. Or some people just fall on hard times, or maybe their plan in life didn't work out the way that they wanted to, and now they got a restructure. I don't think saying that a guy is thirty three years old means that the rest of his life is a failure because he doesn't have to figured it out.
Speaker 3: Right now and he gets a twenty percent discount on a parent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but this guy, I'll give you an example.
Speaker 7: I was an immigrant. We can't here with nothing. At thirty seven years old, I lost, I got I got a divorce.
Speaker 10: My wife took everything from me everything, I lost everything.
Speaker 7: I became homeless for a month.
Speaker 10: I went out west where's oil field, bought two houses, redid everything.
Speaker 2: That was like thirty seven, beautiful Tyler, you want to date what is incredible?
Speaker 8: But what if she met you at thirty seven when you didn't have anything exactly?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 10: I wouldn't expect I wouldn't expect a woman to want anything from me at thirty seven with nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean we got something.
Speaker 8: It was inside of you. That's what you had. It was who you were and not what you were able to provide. That's why you got what you got.
Speaker 5: I think your comment keV about ambition is a really important one because I feel like that's the root of this and I feel like if you know, like there has to be some realized potential in there too. But and alitally, she just she wasn't looking that far.
Speaker 2: Elizabeth High, would you want to say, hright.
Speaker 1: My thing is like with relationships, you want to grow together. And yeah, he may be a sales associate. When me and my husband first met, we were both servers, and now he's a general manager of a store, and I'm a I'm able to stay home if I wanted to, and if we.
Speaker 6: Both started out as servers.
Speaker 1: It's all about growing together and encouraging them to.
Speaker 6: Do better for themselves.
Speaker 3: I met Chelsea even though we were both literally fetuses. At the time I met, I was a night DJ, making you know, twenty two thousand dollars a year.
Speaker 2: She was a fetus.
Speaker 3: You could watch she put her money on the right horse. It came came, what's going on, Joe, Joe, what's up?
Speaker 2: What do you have?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 2: I agree with the female, but I also agree with.
Speaker 4: The guy because when I came over here from Canada, I had nothing, and at the end of May, I'm learning to become a cop.
Speaker 2: I like it. Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 4: But it tends on both of them because if she wants a man that can provide for her, she needs to help him to achieve in life. Just be like, I want this.
Speaker 3: Listen in this economy right now, I think you're gonna need both to be providing. I don't know how good it's gonna be.
Speaker 5: They don't seem like a good set because he said he's perfectly content where he is. True, So and that's okay. They just they're not a good fit together.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't even Anthony brings up a really interesting point. What did you want to say, Anthony?
Speaker 7: Hey, so, I'm just curious. You know, what is she bringing to the table other than wanting to be whined and dined and stay at home as to stay at home mother, here's my thing. They went on the date I'm sure he probably paid for everything, because she.
Speaker 11: Wants who paid.
Speaker 6: He did as he shouldn't like her.
Speaker 7: Okay, let me energy if I can, Anthony. The energy she's.
Speaker 11: Giving off right now is my nose is in the air, and I want you to pay for everything. Here's my And a wise woman once said, when someone shows you who they are, believe them. She's clearly showing that she cannot be at the other end of the table and put her put her best foot forward if she needed to.
Speaker 7: Like, hey, let's say if I am thinking that dig sporting goods.
Speaker 11: Let's say if I get a promotion to general manager, I'm making top dollar because I know, I personally know people who make very good money doing sales.
Speaker 7: And this guy obviously likes his job. And usually when you like your job, you're good at him and when your company sees that, they usually reward you for it in a monetary way. With that being said, like I could do respectfully, you can do better.
Speaker 3: All right, Thank you, Anthony, Alex Alex, that's Anthony. They's given you some good advice there. And and Kylie, there's somebody for you. You got to just hang out in Birmingham, Michigan, that's probably a couple of parks. Go to this place called Market. There's a lot of the rich guys hanging out there, all right, take care of yourself, guys. Second date update.
Speaker 2: There your home of War of the Roses, the Five Lives, to Tell your Mom, phone scams, and Shannon's Dirty. On the thirty, this is Bill Joe in the Morning.