Speaker 1: All right, he is Mojoe in the morning, and Chelsea and I went to go visit our son Jacob to take him out for his birthday and had a great weekend hanging out with him. For those who don't know, Jacob is a psychologist doctor doctor Jacob, Yeah, oh believe me. I got to tell you. I throw that down all the time. I'm saying, excuse me, he's a doctor. Anyway that we can get a table or whatever. So he sees a bunch of patients, and he was telling us a story about you know how his caseload right now is like he's got like thirty to forty patients.
Speaker 2: He works in a specific unit, I guess.
Speaker 1: And he says when he is out with Chris, his boyfriend, or like even us, he has to be on high alert because he lives in an area that is close to where he works. So and I know this happens from time to time with like teachers, you have to be really careful of when you're out and about enjoying your private time. Sometimes you'll run into people that you know, like the students that you teached in their parents. So Jacob said he went into a bar with Chris as his boyfriend, and they sat down at the bar to order to drink, and he looked at Chris and goes, we got to go.
Speaker 2: And Chris is like, what we just got here? He goes, we got to go.
Speaker 1: One of the bartenders was the patient that he's been seeing.
Speaker 2: Wow, so he had to get up and go.
Speaker 1: So it brought up an interesting thing that I thought, Oh god, this is actually you know wild that this probably does happen to people. Have you ever run into somebody when you were out in your private time, that is somebody that you had to deal with in your your work life? Yeah, Like, could you imagine if you're I gave the teacher example. Can you imagine if you're a police officer and you just pulled over and ticketed the person that's about to serve you food at the Coney Island.
Speaker 3: If I'm Jacob in that situation, hopefully my patient would give me extra food or make my drink a little.
Speaker 1: It's unethical. So it's unethical that he's not allowed to have an oltcoholic beverage.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, because I was going to say, I've had the same therapist for a decade now, Karen and I remember like a summer or two ago, we were we both realized we were gonna be vacationing in the same place over a weekend. And I was like, oh my, I had said to her afterwards. I was, you know, I didn't know what I was going to do if I ran into you, like if I was allowed to say hello, And she said she is not allowed to approach me. But if I wanted to go up to her and like if her a hug or say high or whatever, She's like, that's totally cool, but I can't approach you as mine.
Speaker 3: The same thing to me at church. I went to my grandmother's church recipes. My grandma Alice, my dad's mom, went to her church, and my old therapist, doctor Brody, was there, and you would have thought I had the plague. She was trying to stay fifty feet away from me. I tried to I'm like, this is my doctor. She was all like hush mode, like she was very against being known. I don't know if I was like a problem or whatever, but and this was actually in church. This is in church.
Speaker 2: Wow, it's funny because of I grew.
Speaker 1: Up as a cat Atholic, and I remember when you'd go to confession and you would have your confession and then the next week you'd go to Mass and the priest would serve you your communion. When you're going up to the communion and you're like, oh my gosh, you knows exactly what I talked about. Eight for four Mojo Live eight four four six six five six five four eight.
Speaker 2: What's up, Penny? How you doing?
Speaker 5: Good morning. So I work as a mental health therapist and I have definitely ran into clients of mind out about in the real world.
Speaker 1: It's got to be pretty awkward, especially if it's a client that's one of the good ones.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm talking about, Penny.
Speaker 5: Yes, So we have there's actually rules for us where if we see someone, we are not allowed to approach them or talk to them first. Yeah, they can come up and talk to us if they want to, but I typically try to keep it. I kind of discourage it because I'm like, Hey, you don't want to have to explain to your family members who I am like, that's that'd be awkward.
Speaker 1: Where's the most Yeah, where's the most awkward place that you've run into somebody?
Speaker 5: So I was just at Kroger one day and I was actually went to like pick something up. And I also work with teagers. One of my teenagers like screamed my name and came flying around the corner and like bear hugged me and scared those That has to make.
Speaker 2: You feel so good, right, It was very It.
Speaker 5: Was very cute, and I enjoyed it, but it was it startled me.
Speaker 6: I was like, what is happened?
Speaker 5: Why am I being lifted off the ground?
Speaker 2: What were we going to say?
Speaker 7: Do you bring it up in your session, like ooh, I saw you at the bar? Who was that guy.
Speaker 2: You were with?
Speaker 5: No, I just kind of mentally filed it away. I'm like, that's an interesting piece of information.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you for the call. I appreciate it. Text her here from a teacher that says that it is so awkward when you run into kids who you know are really bad acting up in public.
Speaker 2: It's not your responsibility. I guy to do a teacher one time.
Speaker 7: One of my teachers was she had a daughter at the same school that was friends with one of my friends, like little siblings. So she was picking her up from a birthday party and she bent over and she had a red dong on and all of us, like the older kids, that's all we could identify her as is like the teacher with the red thong.
Speaker 2: Love that red thong. Yeah, Candice, what's up?
Speaker 8: Hey? I just wanted to say. I used to work for a gynecologist and my kids and I were out in public at Walmart and some girl came up and started talking about like her life at the ascology office, and my kids were like, what in the world is going on?
Speaker 1: I wonder what that's like for our favorite friend in the world, our favorite doctor, doctor Warner, when he goes out and he has like somebody he knows what they look like right right there. Yeah, he's at the coney ordering himself a gyro realizing he knows exactly what what her bits are looking like.
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Ryan?
Speaker 5: How you doing good?
Speaker 9: How are you guys doing good?
Speaker 1: We're talking about when you run into people in public that you've met on your job.
Speaker 9: Yeah. I'm a police officer and firefighter here in Michigan, and I had to advise a couple guys on solictening door to door and the village that I worked for, and actually the very next day they showed up at my door. And I live about forty five minutes from from the place that I am employed with, and it was very awkward. I don't know if they recognized me, but I definitely had recognized them.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: So wait, so your interaction with them was what what did you have going on?
Speaker 9: They were soliciting door to door? So door to door salesman.
Speaker 2: Okay, no, but did you arrest them or what did you have to do with them?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 9: I just had to give them a warning. They just had to do their you know, go about as a proper way and get their licenses.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, but they solicited your own house.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, correct.
Speaker 1: I would have if I was one of those guys after just getting in trouble with you for soliciting, I probably would have a little bit of a duty in.
Speaker 2: My pants after that moment, duty into booty. What's going on? Chelsea there?
Speaker 10: Good morning?
Speaker 2: How are you good? Chelse? What's up? What do you do?
Speaker 11: I'm a teacher?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: And have you run into your students in weird spots?
Speaker 11: So not students, because I teach kindergarten, but I run into parents. So when I was early in my career, in my twenties, I was really nervous about seeing parents out. But I had seen a parent at Old chilely and dancing. So he was buying us drinks and being funny, and I was so worried he was going to say something the next, you.
Speaker 5: Know, on Monday when he picked up his son.
Speaker 11: So I was saying by at dismissal, you know, on Monday. And then as he's like walking away, he goes and.
Speaker 1: I'm like, that is so funny. Thank you for the call. I like this one.
Speaker 2: Sarah, are you there?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Tell everybody yours is funny.
Speaker 5: So I was at the grocery store. I'm a dietitian, and I was buying four cases of pop.
Speaker 1: Oh cling, and you ran into it a patient or somebody.
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 1: It's better than them buying the four cases of pop and running into your dietitian. I would have an issue with that. Natalie works for CPS Child Protective Services, Is that right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 10: It used to be in a very small county. So anywhere you went went to Walmart getting attacked Thanksgiving morning, trying to buy some damn green beans, getting attacked by a client about why she can't see your kids for Thanksgiving, or at a county fair having people approach you talking about their case screaming at you in the middle of a fairground.
Speaker 2: Really interesting situation. I don't know how you do that.
Speaker 1: Like being in a small town, I would think that they would have you live like other towns.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 10: I transferred to Wayne County real quick, much bigger area.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, but are your case cases as similar or are they different?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, yeah. That has to be a tough job working for CPSS. I couldn't imagine stuff you got to go home with.
Speaker 2: Man mind.
Speaker 1: I couldn't imagine walking into a home and knowing that the parents were like horrible to their kids. I'd want to beat the crap out of them, you know, Mike you there, Yes, sir, Mike, tell everybody you're embarrassing.
Speaker 2: Run in.
Speaker 6: So I worked as a stripper for a both ten years and what's your name? Yeah Giovanni?
Speaker 9: Great?
Speaker 6: Correct, Yeah, I actually worked in Vegas. That that was the biggest rock here in Michigan for trip programs, the biggest. So one time was at the gas station and then lady's like, you look familiar. No, I didn't.
Speaker 9: I didn't want to have a clue.
Speaker 6: There's another My normal job, I work in collision and I worked as an estimator.
Speaker 2: For a really big company.
Speaker 6: I had a lady come in and she's like, man, you look really familiar, and I'm like, no, I don't. Yeah, you look like the stripper that was at my sister's week ago.
Speaker 1: Now you nobody?
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh my god. She figured it out and started hounding me, and I'm fixing her car. Mind you did the.
Speaker 4: Guys that you work with know that that's what you did on the side.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: They actually, they actually came up with a nickname for me at that place. They used to call me Disco.
Speaker 1: You know what you should have done. You should have combined both jobs. Could you imagine the guy working on your car strips while he's working on your car
Speaker 2: On the job