Speaker 1: Let the phones on a home run.
Speaker 2: Ready to go.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the playoffs, Dodger fans.
Speaker 4: Is playoff time when your favorite.
Speaker 5: Show, thirteen wins is all it takes on half and escape for you.
Speaker 6: Welcome to a playoff edition of Dodger Talk.
Speaker 2: Get in on the action at eight six.
Speaker 3: Six eats Breeze, sleeps baseball.
Speaker 7: Now we go to your award winning broadcasters of the world champion Dodgers.
Speaker 6: Here's your host of Dodger Talk.
Speaker 2: It's only been fourteen years. Every day, David Basse.
Speaker 3: We are live at Dodgers Stadium. After the Dodgers advanced to the NLCS with a two to one win over the Phillies in eleven innings, an improbable finish to such a well played game. Tonight, Keckering could not handle a comebacker from Andy Pajez and then threw it away in a panic throw, and Huss Sun Kim is able to score. He is the pinch runner for Tommy Edman, who is able to get things started with a base hit. And the Dodgers are headed to the NLCS. Where they're going and who they're playing, we do not know right now, but the Cubs are beating the Brewers at last check. I'll give you an update on that score as the night continues, But right now it's bottom of the fifth inning at Wrigley Field with the Cubs leading the Brewers three to nothing, trying to force a decisive Game five, which also would benefit the Dodgers, whoever they would play the Cubs or Brewers to have that series go to a five game series. We have phone lines open at eight six, six, nine, eight seven, two, five seventy and certainly an exciting night for the Dodgers who get past one of the best teams with the best pitching in Major League Baseball. Like I told you, it felt like whoever won this series was go into the World Series, was the consensus. And how ironic is it that it was three guys that you were you had the jury still out on in Tyler Glass now, Emitt Shean, Roki Sasaki if you're not believing now, I'm not sure when you're going to believe and Alex Vesia, who certainly has proven himself in October. Those four guys got the Dodgers to the eleventh inning to give the lineup an opportunity to win this game. And it's ironic that the game ended on a poor defensive play because this was such a well played defensive game by both sides, and it was two pitchers that made critical mistakes to allow the other team to score a run. You heard emit Shehan in the clubhouse. He was still upset at himself for missing what would have been a relay throw for a three six' one double play which allowed The phillies to score their first run in the seventh. Inning and then obviously the most critical, mistake kickering throwing the ball, away Allowing kim to score the winning run in the bottom of the eleventh inning to give The dodgers a two to one. Win and you, KNOW i know we're all gonna look At otani And freddy's hitting in this. Series, look the reality is The phillies had really good pictures. There they went To Jesus lozardo after it got towards the end of the game and needed to Use lozardo to get into extra innings, tonight and they had to Face Christopher, sanchez who is one of the top three pitchers In Major League. Baseball so it wasn't going to be a situation where The dodgers just racked up a lot of hits and had gaudy numbers like they had against The. Reds The dodgers grinded. Out you heard it from every one of those. GUYS a big four game series against The phillies and, uh it was going to come down to who made a bigger mistake and it was The. Phillies eight six six ninety seven two five seventy is the phone. Number also got to give a lot of props To tyler Glass. NOW a lot of, us including, me did not know what to expect tonight from Glass, now and he stepped up in a big way and that was the biggest start of His dodger career and it was the best start he has ever made In Major League, baseball going back to his time with The. Rays that was a big time. Start AND i feel like from this point on there should be no looking.
Speaker 2: Back For tyler Glass.
Speaker 3: Now he is going to be a real guy moving forward for The dodgers In, october and it was great how Sho Hey otani And yamamoto organized a starting pitchers photo during the. Celebration otani Wanted, snell he wanted Glass, now he Wanted ryamamoto in that uh in that photo because it was The dodgers starters that were able to outdule The philly starters in this. Series eight six, six five seventy is the phone. Number let's go out To eddie In Thousand. Oaks you're On Dodger talk With david Vasse.
Speaker 2: Hi, eddie.
Speaker 8: How's it. Going how's it? Going DAVID. V this Is eddie g right here and the t o drive it To Santa. CLUITA i just want TO i just want to say that this was a model to model, matchup toe to. Toe it was better than The vanella. Fight I'm i'm, GLAD i Am I'm i'm, jazz And i'm stoked That David Dave roberts Chip Lucas esaki for those three innings because that right, there that was like, then that was a pivotal. Moment BUT i just want to know your take on the top of the tenth inning WHEN i know that that that that that that that THAT mv three kind of went maybe one for twenty or, whatever, Right BUT i do want to know your take on Why otani did not fun on the top of the. Tank i'm just saying maybe you would have maybe the game would have been Over.
Speaker 3: Stani, yeah how many times have you Seen otani? BUNT i haven't seen. It i've seen him show, BUNT i haven't seen him. Bunt and, look he had a rough series and it's gonna be good for him to, Reset but you just need him to hit it to the right. Side you don't need a, bunt and he just he just wasn't good offensively in this.
Speaker 2: Series there's no way around.
Speaker 3: It but you, know quite, Honestly, eddie the Way, Sanchez luzardo And Ranger suarez Pitched otani and the arm, angle he's had a tough time with lefties that have that type of three quarter arm. Slot so he'll have some days off to get it back into the lab and, reset AND i have a feeling that he'll have a BIG. Nlcs thanks for the phone, Call eddie. Appreciated eight, six, six nine eighty seven two five. Seventy remember last, NIGHT i told you The dodgers were going to win this game and nobody was going to be talking About Kyle schwarber's home run from last. NIGHT i told you it was going to be similar To Aaron judge's home run and the only win The yankees had In game three of THEIR. Nlds nobody's talking about, that and nobody will be talking About Kyle schwarber's home run because The phillies are. Done Kyle schwarber's career as A philly may be. Over he's a free, agent and The dodgers are advancing to THE. Nlcs so, again it's great in the. Moment, yes it's an incredible thing to see a baseball hit that far and over the pavilion in right. Field but all of you that were panicking last, night come on at one, point at a certain point in, time you've got to acknowledge how talented The dodgers are and how good they. Are by the, way now they've won after having their nine game winning streak snap last, night they have won ten of their last eleven. Games let's go out To, todd who is At Dodgers stadium. Tonight, Hi, todd you're On Dodger.
Speaker 7: Talk, Yeah, hi thanks for taking my.
Speaker 9: Call SO i was at the.
Speaker 7: GAME i could not keep track of the bench very, well BUT i have to say every Time pie has came up in this and pretty much every, Game i've been, cringing AND i knew it would always be an automatic out with. Him he just is in his own. Head he's not the same guy as he was in the regular. SEASON i Know rojas was on the, bench AND i hope they could have put him up in some how manipulated the outfield to where they could have subbed him, in because they got lucky. Here they got really lucky Because pie has basically blew it again and thanks To, curtaining they got out of it and they won the. Game and so no one's going to talk about How potts has just been.
Speaker 9: Dreadful everybody was talking about.
Speaker 3: It what do you, hey wait a, minute what are you talking? About that was the entire line of questioning To Dave. Roberts we talked about it last night on the show as. Well so, yes we've all been talking about the fact That piz hasn't been good offensively and he hasn't been that great. Defensively BUT i, mean it's, baseball. Right at least he put the ball in. Play and when you do, that even in that, situation that's Why i'm such a proponent of putting the ball in. Play you forced the other team to make a play and The phillies, Didn't so pump the brakes on that, Narrative, Todd what what else do you?
Speaker 10: Got don't you think.
Speaker 9: They should have had to pitch hit for?
Speaker 6: Him?
Speaker 11: No why?
Speaker 3: Not BECAUSE i believe he has an opportunity there to be able to hit the ball out of the. Ballpark AND i JUST i don't even know What Miguel rojas' status was for the game tonight because the way he collided With Trey turner in that last game In. Philadelphia and, Look piz has a twenty five home run regular. SEASON i know it was a ROUGH, nlds but, No i'm sticking With pa has.
Speaker 7: Well in the wild card he wasn't good, Either that's the. Point the whole, playoffs he's just been an automatic out except for one hit he, got so his his batting average like oh.
Speaker 2: Forty well this sometimes a.
Speaker 3: Hit like that can't change your. Season so wait a, minute let me get this.
Speaker 2: Straight.
Speaker 3: Todd you're upset That pa haz hit and won the game for The. Dodgers you're upset about, That, well, no he didn't.
Speaker 7: Win The phillies won the game for The dodgers in some.
Speaker 3: Ways, yeah BUT i still am letting him hit. There and who are you going to put in the? Outfield If rojas doesn't, deliver how do you line it? Up because they had already Used Justin, Dean So i'm not sure.
Speaker 2: Who you're putting in the. Outfield alex call was out of the. Game who are you putting in the? Outfield if you Take paz out right?
Speaker 8: There well you could Move Tommy edmond over. There ACTUALLY i think he's out of.
Speaker 9: There that may have been the.
Speaker 2: Problem they pinch. Run kim was the pinch.
Speaker 3: Runner, todd see you you want to make all these, moves but don't think about the fact that there are some repercussions and you can't be short an, outfielder especially when you're playing extra. Innings so, okay thanks a, Lot todd appreciate the phone. Call eight six six eighty seven two five seventy is the phone. Number, look that's not a bad, idea but the reality Is Dave roberts bench was. Empty all he had was two catchers And Miguel. Rojas, Uh kei K a was in the outfield. Already H Justin dean was out of the, game so, uh there wasn't anywhere to. Go if this game goes to the twelfth inning eight six six eighty seven two five seventy is the phone, Number, GEEZ i mean it's. Incredible, uh just enjoy enjoy The dodgers moving on to THE. Nlcs some people just cannot enjoy. It let's go out To Culver. City, Bruce you're On Dodger. Talk how you, Doing, Bruce hope you're enjoying it more than the other.
Speaker 12: Guy Oh, MAN i loved the way you handled that Twelve, David what a. GAME i would rather appreciate The dodgers winning going on to THE lcs and worrying about Giving pie His.
Speaker 9: Greek, WELL i, mean.
Speaker 3: Is Miguel rojas going to play center? FIELD i Guess todd did not think that.
Speaker 9: THROUGH i guess. Not But I'm i'm hoping that you're you're getting, drying getting warm after the. CELEBRATION i guess the celebration is probably better than having to be in a kayaking mccubby. Cove but hopefully it.
Speaker 2: Feels LIKE i should be keeping the receipts, Here.
Speaker 3: BRUCE i told our Guy ken In newport The giants wouldn't make the.
Speaker 2: Postseason they did.
Speaker 3: Not there was a lot of panic from that, guy AND i let everybody know That Roki sazaki was the guy AND i let everybody buddy know last night that The dodgers were going to win this game. Tonight so at some point, maybe, uh you got to trust and you got to believe in the talent on this. Team that's the. Thing The dodgers have a lot of. Talent everybody wants to give the other a lot of. Credit how about give this side some. Credit decide that you're on if you're A dodger.
Speaker 9: Fan absolutely and you've been giving it to a straight all your all your for. Years but the one thing you didn't mention is more THAT i really loved this is the way that you've been pointing out all that's been going on With Clayton kershall over the last, month month and a. Half AND i want to say THAT i think today's game was won When Clayton kershall wore it in the eighth, inning pulled The Brent, honeywell, saved saved the three relievers that came in, tonight and finished the. Game for the amazing game That Tyler glass now. Pitched kershaw has just been fantastic in how he has approached the game this. Season he went to the bullpen without. Complaints you didn't hear anything From. Sheen you didn't hear from thing With glass when they went to bullpen because they knew they. Couldn't It's.
Speaker 3: Forshaw how incredible will it, Be, bruce after the Way glass now season ended last year and the way it started this season if he turns out to be one of the most valuable pitchers on this staff on the way to The World. Series because right now you can make an argument going into the next, series he's going to have to relieve and start again and he's embracing. It thanks for the phone, Call, bruce appreciate. It eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone. Number The dodgers are advancing to THE nlcs after a while two to, one eleven inning victory over The phillies At Dodgers. Stadium they will play either The cubs At Dodger stadium On, monday or they will have to travel To milwaukee to open up THE nlcs against The. Brewers eight six six seven two five seventy is the phone. Number let's head downstairs right now to hear from the Manager Dave.
Speaker 13: Rop first, Off i'll START i want, to, uh you, know congratulate The phillies on a tremendous. Season first class, Organization dombo rob what they, uh you, know their, organization their, players how they put together. THINGS i, mean it was it was a, war it was a battle and, uh you, know a, classic, instant classic. Game AND i just want to congratulate those guys on a great.
Speaker 2: Year.
Speaker 10: Dave can you just talk about rookies growth this season and what he's meant to you guys now and as role as a, Closer oh my, GOSH.
Speaker 13: I mean that's you, know you're talking about your want of one of the great all time appearances out of the. Pen you know THAT i can, remember, uh, certainly given you know where he started this, year what he is as a starting. Pitcher to go out there and you, know not only go one, inning two innings and then three, innings and to do what he did gave it was a huge. BOOST i can't speak enough to his growth and you, know his contribution to this.
Speaker 2: Club and.
Speaker 13: You, know we're we're we're starting to you, know see something really special in him and that's why he was courted so so you know hard in the off, season but you know what he's done now on the biggest of. Stages he's just scratching the. Surface but, YEAH i couldn't be more proud of.
Speaker 1: Him.
Speaker 13: Left, david can you talk About glass now as far as last year not being in the playoffs and now having this, opportunity as you, say the big stage For. Tyler, YEAH i couldn't be more excited For, tyler you, know a little bit looking on the outside looking in last year and wanting to be a part of. Things and you, know all off season this, season he couldn't wait for this, moment for the postseason and to, contribute and so he's prepared, physically, mentally and what he, did it was his time today, today you, know today was his moment AND i was just very happy to see that he rose to that occasion and gave us a huge. Boost and this is something THAT i know is going to propel him going.
Speaker 14: Forward, dylan With, tzaki were you thinking multiple innings from the?
Speaker 13: START i was Thinking at that point in time when we went to, HIM i was thinking, Too and THEN i just felt that the stuff where the game was, AT i felt he could handle us pushing, him and he didn't bat AND i he was ready and he didn't run from. It so you, know it's part of The japanese, culture the. Toughness he's been a star his entire, life AND i just felt, that you, know in that moment in the ninth, inning he was the best option right there to keep this game.
Speaker 2: Going All, right.
Speaker 3: There's Manager Dave roberts after The dodgers advance to THE nlcs after a two to one win in.
Speaker 2: Eleven and how about? This how wild is?
Speaker 3: It the fact that out of the Three japanese stars The dodgers, have Or japanese players that The dodgers, have it Was Roki sasaki that Outshined otani And yamamoto in THE. NLDS i, mean hands, Down sasaki had the BEST nlds of those three. Guys Uh otani pitched well In game, one but it Was yamamoto who was not on his game last, night but it Was sasaki that was there for The dodgers uh every step of the. Way With Al, sasaki The dodgers don't win this. Series he pitched in in three out of the four. Games and With Al sasaki in this, series in this series or in this, postseason The dodgers have zero chance of getting to where they want to go and winning The World. Series sasaki in this nlds in the three games that he pitched, in looting three scoreless innings out of the bullpen, tonight had three strikeouts and limited The phillies to just one hit in four and a third. INNINGS i, mean he was. Outstanding he saved two games and definitely deserves a big piece of this. One Without, sasaki The dodgers do not win this series and The dodgers will not go to The World series without.
Speaker 2: Him And i'm pretty.
Speaker 3: Confident it may not be easy for The, dodgers But i'm pretty confident that they'll be able to match up against The brewers Or cubs in a good, way And sasaki's.
Speaker 2: Going to be a big part of.
Speaker 3: It if you're a betting person coming into this, series who would have said That Roki sasaki would have been the star of those Three japanese, Players So Tani yamamoto And. Sasaki he, was as they say In japan after every, game the hero of the. Series let's go out To, rick who is At Dodgers stadium.
Speaker 2: Tonight, Hi, Rick you're On Dodger.
Speaker 12: Talk Thanks.
Speaker 15: David it was my, birthday SO i got to blow some candles out and we got to blow candles out on The. Phillies Thank, god want to, win take it anyway you. CAN i want to, SAY i know it's your birthday, Tomorrow happy, birthday and thank.
Speaker 9: You thanks for being.
Speaker 12: Positive thanks for being so, positive Because i'm naturally just kind of a negative.
Speaker 9: Person my wife will remind me all the.
Speaker 14: Time BUT i tell, You sasaki was the key and.
Speaker 15: You called, it and just thank you for being positive and being so thorough for what you.
Speaker 12: Do, man it was a, great great.
Speaker 2: Night thank, You, rick appreciate. It happy birthday to.
Speaker 3: You i'm glad The dodgers can get you a birthday win to close out The. Phillies and, look The, dodgers it's. Incredible Without Roki, sasaki they don't have a. Closer they don't have this win tonight with the way things were. Going but LIKE i said at the beginning of the, postseason you don't need their. Pitchers you need eight or nine maximum to get you to The World Series. Championship that's how they did it last year with a lot of. RELIEVERS i would say five or six really key. Relievers last. Year we talked about this before the postseason, started when everybody believed the sky was falling and The dodger bullpen had no chance to advance well in the. Postseason your bullpen construction is a lot different and the urgency is a lot. Greater and the twenty Nineteen nationals had one of the highest bullpen eras in the last fifty years to win The World. Series but they didn't use their entire bullpen.
Speaker 2: To win The World.
Speaker 3: Series they Used Patrick corbin a lot as a starter and a. Reliever and The dodgers are doing that with multiple. Starters, Kershaw, Sasaki Emmit, Shehan Tyler. Glass now that's how they had to do. It and so, far so. Good they beat one of the best teams in baseball in The. Phillies eight six six, nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone. Number let's go out To nick In Long. Beach you're On Dodger talk With david Vasse.
Speaker 6: Hi.
Speaker 9: Nick, Unbelievable, David i'm still.
Speaker 1: Buzzing you said.
Speaker 9: It you weren't packing For.
Speaker 16: PHILLY i kept thinking about it all game, long and as that game got.
Speaker 2: Longer.
Speaker 16: UNBELIEVABLE i want to shout Out dodger. Fans i've been doing this twenty plus. Years who remembers The Matt stairs. Heartbreak who Remembers jimmy rawlins Off broxton to break our. Hearts this feels like some redemption from those two thousand and, eight two thousand and nine.
Speaker 2: Teams it really.
Speaker 3: Does and this is the first time The dodgers have beaten The phillies in a postseason series since nineteen seventy eight when they won THE. Nlcs they had lost in eighty, three eight and. Nine And i'm Sure Matt, Camp Andre ethier and those guys are smiling big tonight that The dodgers were able to get this series win over The. Phillies eight sixty six, nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone.
Speaker 2: NUMBER i.
Speaker 3: Know we always talk about what players didn't, do and it seems like we don't really talk about what the players that did do had. Success Key Y hernandez again a HUGE nlds, series playing great defense at third base and left field and coming up with key, hits coming up with getting on base to move the line going Ti Oscar. Hernandez you can argue and say That Taoscar hernandez had the biggest home run of this series when he hit a go, ahead three run home run off Of Christopher. Sanchez In game one of THE nlds to help The dodgers steal that all important first game In. PHILLY i firmly believe that name a bigger home run in this series than Ta Oscar hernandez's home run In game one of THE. Nlds how About Tommy, EDMUND i, mean he's had a big series as. Well he homered in the first. Game he has been a huge part of The dodgers run In october last year and so far this. Year so EVERYTHING i was talking To Key hernandez about is one hundred percent. True AND i feel like a lot of times we don't give these other players the credit that they. Deserve we always focus on What Otani freeman And Mookie betts did or didn't. Do we give Key A hernandez all the shine In, october but at some point you're going to have to acknowledge the fact that guys Like Taoscar, Hernandez Tommy, Edmond Will, smith they are big parts of The dodgers' success and they were in this.
Speaker 2: Series.
Speaker 3: Again let's head downstairs To Mookie, betts who also continues to play well and certainly has changed his season since the beginning Of.
Speaker 2: August look this.
Speaker 17: Game we knew it wasn't going to be, easy but it hadn't it in SUCH i, Mean Sat, pasha how would you just describe how this came to an?
Speaker 5: END i don't think you.
Speaker 2: CAN i mean that game was. Crazy that was two. Teams, REALLY i was, FIGHTING i mean literally.
Speaker 5: Fighting it was like a street fight but a baseball, game And i'm unfortunately came out on.
Speaker 17: Top you look at just how you guys were able to attack. Them, yes early it was, Limited but How Tyler glasowse, said patl what was he able to do in this game?
Speaker 5: Board maybe it was throing a lot of, STRIKES i, mean keeping them off, BALANCE i, mean just filling up his OWN i, mean he did exactly what he was supposed to.
Speaker 2: Do we called on him and he.
Speaker 5: Delivered Saw sanchez and game.
Speaker 17: One what adjustments did you make to find different ways to get to?
Speaker 14: HIM i.
Speaker 2: DIDN'T i. Didn't that's, uh that's how good he.
Speaker 11: IS i.
Speaker 5: Didn't that WAS i was lible to get a. Hit BUT i, mean he bitch amazing the. GAME i, mean he went that Was they called on him and he delivered as.
Speaker 2: Well you look at this.
Speaker 17: Game is this just the kind of an example of how you guys show, fight how you're in a battle to the very.
Speaker 2: End, yeah say, again, sorry example of.
Speaker 17: How you guys show, fight and now you're looking to battle to the very.
Speaker 11: End.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: ABSOLUTELY i mean we obviously don't want to do, that BUT i mean we're gonna. Fight, Man we're gonna fight.
Speaker 2: Everybody every person in.
Speaker 5: Here once he won a world series and every person in here is gonna do what it. Takes and, uh tonight it took a little dribble into the picture And.
Speaker 17: Roki sasaki how he was able to take down nine. Out just what was it like playing behind?
Speaker 2: Him, oh that was.
Speaker 4: Amazing that was.
Speaker 5: Fun that was fun to see where he started and then see him come back and do what he's.
Speaker 2: DOING i, mean he's electric and he'll be, uh he'll playing a huge role and in.
Speaker 5: Us winning a world.
Speaker 2: Series, Congratulations, Naking thank you all.
Speaker 3: Right Mookie bets With Kirsten watson on Sports NET la after The dodgers advanced to THE nlcs with a two to one win and eleven innings over The. Phillies and The phillies Now i've lost eight or their last ten playoff, games going back To game six of the twenty THREE. Nlcs they only win one game in the postseason this. Year remember they were the number two, seed the team with five days. Off another one of those teams go down in THE, nlds and The dodgers keep rolling from the beginning of The wildcard series To game four of THE, nlds AND i don't believe they're stopping.
Speaker 2: Here they're waiting for the winner of The Cubs BREWERS.
Speaker 3: Nlds right, now it's still The cubs leading The brewers in the eighth, inning three nothing At Wrigley, field trying to force a Decisive game. Five and that certainly would be advantageous for The dodgers to have that series go five games and maybe both teams having their pitching a little. Thin eight six, six eight seven two five seventy is the phone. Number let's go out To joey and Sac. Clemente, joey you're on dot. Org that's you talk With David. Vasse, Hi, Joey.
Speaker 12: David VASSE i appreciate you taking my.
Speaker 8: Call we were there.
Speaker 18: Yesterday the air was out of the building and it didn't feel, right but tonight it. Did the MINUTE i walked in it felt. Different and two things number, one fied he etched his face in The mount rushmore of starters for the rest of the. Postseason what an incredible. Impact and number, two how do you Walk Shohei, otani who has done nothing all series to Face mookie bett our most consistent and dominant hitter all. SERIES i don't get. IT i appreciate, it thank, You. Phillies BUT i thought that was the turning. Point what do you?
Speaker 3: Think, yeah that was a big turning point in the, game especially with your super closer on the mound Named Joan.
Speaker 2: Duran you don't Think duran can Get otani?
Speaker 3: OUT i mean that doesn't show a lot of confidence in your best reliever and also doesn't give him any margin for. Error i'm not a big fan of loading the, bases no matter who it, is to be able to uh to try to Face Mookie betts or whoever else was hitting Behind o'tani despite his, struggles and also the fact, that, oh you have to Give Mookie betts a lot of Credit joey that he didn't chase and try to be mister.
Speaker 2: Hero he. Didn't he took the.
Speaker 3: Walk he knew all you needed was one run to tie the, game and there was nowhere For durand to.
Speaker 18: Go he played, smart he played small, ball AND i am so excited to see what the next series. Brings you're, right this was the game that was going to determine The World. SERIES i think we're.
Speaker 12: GOING i appreciate.
Speaker 2: IT i love the.
Speaker 18: Love Thanks David, Vasse you're.
Speaker 3: The, man all, Right, joey thank you for the phone. Call eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone.
Speaker 2: Number you.
Speaker 3: Know Tyler glass now deserves a lot of. CREDIT i, mean he has taken a lot of, criticism and rightfully, so he is NOT i feel like he turned the corner in His dodger career when he came back from the injured list And Dave roberts really challenged him to compete on the. Mound and everybody in that clubhouse believes That Tyler glass now has some of the best stuff in.
Speaker 2: Baseball and tonight he was on his.
Speaker 3: Game he pitched the biggest game of his career tonight here At Dodgers, stadium and you have to give him a lot of. Credit six scoreless innings and was able to hold down A phillies lineup that put up eight runs last. Night he had eight strikeouts and three walks and gave The dodgers everything they. Needed not to, mention he came out of the bullpen In game one of THE nlds In. Philly AND i remember WHERE i was when The dodgers made the trade For Tyler Glass. Now it Was december of twenty twenty, three and we were at the bar In, Nashville Brad paisley's farm, bar When Andrew friedman and Air meander made.
Speaker 2: The trade that Brought Tyler Glass now To Los. Angeles and it took a year for to come to.
Speaker 3: Fruition BUT i don't think anybody is happier Than Brad paisley tonight because his Guy Tyler Glass now pitched The dodgers to THE. Nlcs help The dodgers get to THE, nlcs and our, Guy Brad paisley is calling all the way From nashville to take that victory Lap, Hi, BRAD.
Speaker 12: I don't know how to victory.
Speaker 19: LAP i had nothing to do with this other than pouring alcohol for the people.
Speaker 14: Involved we have this.
Speaker 3: Joke Whenever Glass now doesn't, pitch, well he's Your Tyler glass. Now when he, pitches, well he's My Tyler glass.
Speaker 2: Now so, tonight he's.
Speaker 14: Yours, Yeah i'll take. It he is a, beast is he? Not when he nobody throws the combination of stuff that he throws at six foot, EIGHT i, mean it's just.
Speaker 19: Crazy, SO i, mean what a game from him KNOWING i mean the amount of pressure that he had to face knowing it felt like if you gave up a, run this game's. Over it felt like that from like the second inning. On didn't you feel that.
Speaker 3: Without a, doubt especially going up Against sanchez who is one of the best in baseball and he was on his game.
Speaker 2: Tonight it.
Speaker 3: Was it was a classic pitchers duel for the first six to seven innings.
Speaker 14: Tonight and in the, end what wasn't it just two hits the tyler gave. Up that's a crazy line with that.
Speaker 3: Lineup, yeah two, hits eight strikeouts and three walks in helping The dodgers get to a point where they can give their offense a chance to score one or two. Runs where were you watching this, Game? Brad BECAUSE i believe it was game one Or game. Two you had to go to a dinner AND i had to give you some month. Days so where were? You where were you watching the?
Speaker 13: Game.
Speaker 2: Tonight so this is a this is a crazy.
Speaker 19: ONE i was In, tennessee SO i was watching the FIRST i watched the first nine innings at, home and my wife is on A tv show that premiered tonight Called nashville nine moeln ON. Abc and it started when we went into extra innings and they were having a watch party for the whole cat over at the at the theater here at the.
Speaker 14: Cinema SO i got in the car as it went into.
Speaker 19: Extras And suzaki was on who by the way three? Innings that's JUST i left.
Speaker 14: Knowing, okay we're in good, hands we're.
Speaker 19: Tied i've already Seen lookie walk in the tying. Run AND i went over AND i listened to the call With rick And steven in the parking lot.
Speaker 14: While THE tv show.
Speaker 19: Started, THANKFULLY i started it, late THE tv, show But i'll tell you that there.
Speaker 14: Wasn't a single person saw that show tonight In. Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: Nobody, yeah the raids will be good In.
Speaker 19: Philadelphia but basically the call on the, radio SO i had to come home and see see what had. Happened i'd heard. IT i heard the call and it's it sounded. Impossible it was once, again it's one of those things you just baseball will surprise you want, It it really.
Speaker 3: Will we Thought yamamoto was going to Outdul nola And suarez and then here we are. Tonight you, Know piz having as big as struggles in this series as anybody being able to get some bat on that baseball and Force keckering to make a, play and he fumbled, it and he panicked and he threw, it you, know you, know worse than a nine year old little.
Speaker 2: Leaguer the way he threw it to home, plate it's.
Speaker 3: Incredible and, man, YEAH i mean if he goes to, first, YEAH i mean there's a good. Chance Real mudo was pointing the first.
Speaker 2: Space, YEAH i saw.
Speaker 11: That.
Speaker 2: Man it's.
Speaker 14: You, know in the, end.
Speaker 19: It's it's now about just moving, on AND i believe our bats all wake up next. Week there's no way this. Continues the slump at the top of the order was, in but it was truly truly impressive from a person who's a fan of good pitching in every, way this this game was, nuts and it's been nuts for us most of the. Weeks you're You're Blake, snell.
Speaker 14: Your, GUY i mean that was, unbelievable too.
Speaker 3: UNBELIEVABLE i, Mean Blake snell helped The dodgers win that second game In philly Without sasaki And. Glass, now The dodgers don't win this, series so it was it was a huge team, effort And Taoscar hernandez deserves a lot of.
Speaker 2: Credit, BRAD i don't know if you agree with this or. Not really was the biggest home run.
Speaker 14: That that's for. Sure we don't have that. Game we don't win game one without, him and he's he's really really clutch most of the.
Speaker 19: Time AND i think here's the, question who got SERIES?
Speaker 9: Mvp do they give? That give that?
Speaker 3: Out MAN Lds, Right i'm not sure if they do give out AN nlds M, vp they do.
Speaker 2: Not that's THE. Nlcs who you, know who would you say it.
Speaker 14: Is i'll tell you WHO i think it.
Speaker 3: Is it would Be sasaki Or Taoscar. Hernandez that's WHAT i.
Speaker 16: Think.
Speaker 14: Sasaki, YEAH i.
Speaker 3: Mean it's hard to argue, That, brad we just gave out THE nlds M. Vp you just, Did Brad paisley's first annual n L DS mvp handed out To Roki. Sasaki All, right the question we all have, Now. Brad are The dodgers going to pull the trigger On Brad paisley performing the national anthem in THE nlcs or is it something they're going to wait to pull the trigger on in A World series.
Speaker 19: Situation based on my schedule and WHAT i, HAVE i don't think it'll be THE, nlcs BUT i Don't we'll see if the if the phone call comes in and may have bigger, plans.
Speaker 2: Bigger plans Than Brad. PAISLEY i don't think.
Speaker 14: So you're too kind in my, mind they could do way.
Speaker 3: Better, Well i've seen you perform the national. Anthem you're a national anthem the first game back when they let fans in in twenty twenty one is one of the best national ANTHEMS i have ever heard in any. Sport, so and let's not forget it, was and let's not forget you do have the postseason. Magic you performed the national anthem Before game one of last Year's World series and also Before game four of the Eighteen World series when maximum see won the only game for The dodgers with a walk off eighteen inning home. Runs SO i feel like if they want some some late inning dramatic and, Heroics Brad paisley should be the.
Speaker 19: Guy, well.
Speaker 1: You have.
Speaker 14: To you have more strings THAN i.
Speaker 15: Do BUT i.
Speaker 14: Am i'm just going to be. Thrilled HOPEFULLY i get to go see these guys in person as they. Play that would BE.
Speaker 19: I, mean this is really a this is this is really an exciting. YEAR i feel like we're scrappier than last. Year we're less of A we're still a, behemoth but we're. DIFFERENT i don't know exactly how to describe. It how would you describe?
Speaker 2: IT i think you described it.
Speaker 3: PERFECTLY i think fans IN la And dodger fans everywhere have to start recognizing how much talent and determination and focus this team. Has without, that they don't beat The. Phillies he can't just beat The phillies on talent. Alone they, they As Keiky hernandez, said had a lot of grit in this series to win.
Speaker 8: It you.
Speaker 14: KNOW i think the other thing That i'm really enjoying.
Speaker 19: About this, too is the fact that we're back to traditional starting pitchers going as long as they can.
Speaker 14: Go that's fun to. Watch, yes starting with.
Speaker 2: Your, Guy Tyler.
Speaker 3: Glass now you want to take one more victory lap before you say good? Night Brad, Paisley.
Speaker 14: LIKE i, said ALL i did was provide the.
Speaker 3: Drinks, okay, okay you you help make that, happen and Tonight dodger fans are very, thankful And i'm Sure Tyler glass now is as. Well we're gonna talk to you in THE. Nlcs, brad thanks a lot for calling. In i'm glad you got a chance to break away and listen to the exciting.
Speaker 14: Finish and Congratulations sasaki on HIS mvt. Award there we, go the.
Speaker 3: First Annual Brad PAISLEY NLDS Mvp award goes out To Roki.
Speaker 2: Sasaki we'll talk to you.
Speaker 14: Later, Brad thanks, buddy have a great.
Speaker 2: Night thank, you you're the.
Speaker 3: Man there he, goes Big dodger fan and a member of The Grand Old, Opry Brad. Paisley eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone. Number we're taking you to nine o'clock tonight On Dodger Talk live From Dodger stadium after The dodgers advanced to THE nlcs with a two to one win in eleven. Innings more to, come more of your phone, calls more postgame, reaction And Jose mota will check in as well as The dodgers are headed to Either milwaukee or getting ready to host The cubs On monday. Night here At Dodgers, Stadium we'll keep you updated on the happenings At Wrigley field as well as we take you to the top of the hour right here ON am five to SEVENTY La.
Speaker 2: Sports one way to get, there you gotta get a little on the.
Speaker 6: Time don't miss a moment Of World Champion Dodger, talk your chance to talk about the world chance is he eight six six nine eight seven two five. Seven here past episodes Of Dodger talk on The iHeartRadio. Act Heart rates through the roof the old one pitch pot has brownds it back To.
Speaker 1: Kirkery he can't find.
Speaker 11: It he does homes whe ten scores and The dodgers are going to The Championship Series.
Speaker 2: Final alerks go off in center.
Speaker 8: Field The dodgers selled right near first place on our ground ball.
Speaker 9: Back to the pitcher and the.
Speaker 20: Pot has somehow gets the job, done.
Speaker 3: Whether an assist From Bryan, Keckering Ryan keckering from The.
Speaker 2: Phillies there The dodgers and uh.
Speaker 3: Finish that you would not expect we're able to beat The phillies tonight two to one in eleven. Innings Of Ryan keckering is going to be feeling that for a long, time maybe never get over that kind of. Stuff and next spring, training when the pitchers are doing their fielding, drills how can you not be thinking about what took place? Tonight but The dodgers say thank you very much and they are on to THE. Nlcs after The dodgers beat The phillies two to one in eleven, innings and, look there were two, outs two outs in that eleventh, inning AND. Jt Real mudo was pointing to first, base throw to first, base And Oriyan keckering after he fumbled the, ball panicked and threw the home and the rest is. History Daniels jewelers presents the home Run. Forecast go TO am five SEVENTY la sports dot com and use the keyword home run for your chance to win a fifty Dollars Daniels jeweler's gift card predicting the number of home runs in the very next.
Speaker 2: Game Daniels jewelers owned the dream.
Speaker 3: Well right now At Wrigley, field it looks like there is going to be a Decisive game five in THAT nld Because Kyle tucker has just homered his first home run of the postseason for The. Cubs The cubs have a five nothing lead in the bottom of the seventh, inning and it looks like there is going to be A game five between The brewers And, cubs which is great for The. Dodgers and who is going to start That game. Five, well for The cubs it Was Shota imanaga and for The brewers it's going to be a bullpen game with the Miz mizowski as the bulk. Guy so that's outstanding for The dodgers because they will be able to Have Sho Hao tani Or Blake snell Start game one of THE nlcs On, monday and Show Hao tani Or Blake snell Start game two of THE nlcs On, tuesday and then Have yamamoto And glass now on extra. Rest it's lining up. Perfectly LIKE i mentioned last, night The dodgers needed to this out last night or tonight to be able to put their starting pitching in the best position to be able to run through a best of seven. Series and they are in a great spot pitching wise compared to where The brewers And cubs are going to be after dueling a five game. Series eight, six, six, nine, seven two five seventy is the phone. Number let's go out To, raymond who is At Dodgers stadium. Tonight, Hi, raymond you made it at three.
Speaker 2: O'clock, huh this call will be?
Speaker 1: Recorded of COURSE i made.
Speaker 9: It, David you're not to you're.
Speaker 3: Recording hold, on we just heard you're recording this phone. Call who is recording?
Speaker 9: Me right?
Speaker 14: NOW i?
Speaker 10: AM i want it for my for my.
Speaker 2: Memories, OKAY i can appreciate.
Speaker 12: That, Hey, david let's get it Over, raymond.
Speaker 2: Since you're recording the phone. Call welcome To Dodger, Talk.
Speaker 3: RAYMOND i am so excited to have you call in after being At Dodger stadium and rooting on The dodgers to THE.
Speaker 2: Nlcs welcome The Dodger, Talk. Raymond thank, You.
Speaker 10: DAVID i talked to you. Yesterday what DID i say you not to?
Speaker 9: PANIC i told You roberts likes to GIVE i. Totally roberts likes to give one game.
Speaker 12: Away he gave it away against The.
Speaker 10: Padres, okay last, season AND i told you not to.
Speaker 9: Panic we were gonna win.
Speaker 12: It but what a performance By Glass Now what a performance by.
Speaker 9: HIM i mean you touched on.
Speaker 11: It Glass now And piez they're they're gonna be keys as we make this run to back to back world.
Speaker 9: Championship what do you think you never said pi.
Speaker 2: Has was gonna be the. KEY i, Said sasaki is the, key and Glass now is a big part of.
Speaker 3: It, raymond thank you for the phone, Call. Hope that went well eight six, six nine eighty, seven two. Seventy it was like a radio. Cameo let's go out To Long, Beach, Craig Iray, CRAIG i, mean show the people out there how it's.
Speaker 2: Done Iray.
Speaker 1: Craig oh my, god that guy just got a he just got total facial on that. One. Man and, listen, DUDE i have a new item for my bucket list. NOW i want to go to the to the barn or wherever it is and have a drink with our, boy Mister paisley and. You that would be. Awesome IF i.
Speaker 2: Were to take somebody from the, public it would be, You.
Speaker 1: CRAIG i appreciate that very very. Much, david thank you so. Much, listen, MAN i don't know where to. Start, man what a great game The phillies put up a hell of a fight for especially for four out of. Five that we got this in four games is amazing in itself because that, was you, know some scary moments in this whole. Series the whole thing was kind of scary moment if you ask. ME i MEAN i. WAS i was definitely lowering the nails on the on the right. Hand But i'm really looking forward to The DODGER i think they're gonna probably play The. Brewers The brewers are the better team than The, CUBS i, believe and we didn't.
Speaker 17: Do who this.
Speaker 2: Year game. Five it's now seven to nothing At Wrigley. Field, uh The brewers heard about. That The brewers are going with the bull.
Speaker 3: Game all bets are, off especially when you have a guy like G managa on the mound for The. CUBS i know he wasn't great the first start that he. Made SO i would rather see The cubs because The dodgers would have home field.
Speaker 1: Advantage well that's What i'm. SAYING i don't want to see The brewers because they beat our butts this. Year, Man but, uh it's all you, know it's it's a new slate when you get to the. Playoffs So i'll accept, that but, uh The dodgers just showed, up so big, MAN i just want to congratulate. Them Congratulate Dave. ROBERTS i am so sick and, tired, dude of listening to these people continually get. On we'd win the NL ds and these idiots are calling and complaining about. People what the hell is? That come, on, man cheer on your, Club cheer on the team you want to come in, here and so you, know, critical get critical about so tired of them beating Down Dave. Roberts what has he ever done that not make the playoffs every single year he's been here mids last every single, year gonna have three. Titles it's. CRAZY i Love Dave. Roberts he's done.
Speaker 3: Awesome, hey well Said Iray. Craig wait to set the record straight right, there and, look it's fine to Question Dave. Roberts if you don't believe that the chess match didn't go the right, way it's. Fair it's fair to question. Things i'm not against. That but when you do question things and say he should have DONE, x then you better have another.
Speaker 2: Solution that's the way we run this. Show if you're.
Speaker 3: Gonna Say Dave roberts should have brought In Miguel rojas to pinch it For andy Pa has who you, know Forced Oryan keckering to make a bad play right, There then let me know who's going to play the outfield when you Take Andy paez out of the game if the game goes twelve.
Speaker 2: Innings that's the real.
Speaker 3: World when you're Criticizing Dave roberts for Sending Clayton kershaw back out for the eighth inning last, night and you don't realize That Tanner scott was not even at the stadium and that's the reason Why Dave roberts went to.
Speaker 2: Him you've got to be able to.
Speaker 3: Take a step back and realize That Dave roberts has a lot more information about his team than you do in real, time because If Tanner scott was, Available Tanner scott would have pitched that eighth. Inning and in case you missed the, News Tanner scott will not be part of The DODGERS nlcs roster Because Dave roberts before the game revealed what was going on With Tanner scott last. Night Tanner scott was not introduced last, night so that was a red flag to begin, with And Dave roberts announced today That Justin robleski Replaced Tanner scott on the NLD nlds, roster And scott had a lower body absessed procedure last night and it was an urgent decision to have that.
Speaker 2: Procedure so that's.
Speaker 3: The reason Why kershaw went back out there for the eighth. Inning that's the reason why he stayed in to finish the eighth. Inning that just shows you a type of Guy Clayton kershaw is as well to wear it the way he, did even though he did not have his best. Stuff eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone Number dodgers headed to THE. Nlcs it's beginning here At Dodgers stadium On, monday or it's beginning In milwaukee On. Monday but this couldnt be set up any better for The dodgers no matter who it, is because this series is going five, games it will be In Milwaukee game five the day after, tomorrow and The dodgers pitching is in a way better spot than either The cubs or The. Brewers want to take more of your phone phone, Calls we're gonna check in With Jose mota as.
Speaker 2: Well in five.
Speaker 3: Minutes but first let's head to The phillies clubhouse to hear from the guy that certainly is hearing a lot of it From philly. Fans and That's Orian keckering.
Speaker 20: Kind of, thought just kind of once that pressure got to, ME i just thought it was a faster throw THE jt wor quicker throw than trying to cross body at the.
Speaker 16: Price so just.
Speaker 2: Throw, yeah did you did you hear them calling telling you to go to first at? All or were you just in the moment that it wasn't even.
Speaker 9: Just in the.
Speaker 2: Moment, yeah can you SEE jt pointing in that moment or is.
Speaker 20: It just kind of looking, out just kind of looking, out just be ready.
Speaker 2: Finding a lot of guys at Dun Chris, winsley, GUYS i.
Speaker 6: See you keep your head.
Speaker 20: Up it's possible take just baseball happens and just keep your head. Up will be good for long time in the Comp it's not Like, paul just that opportunity to score just kind of Connation bob to be.
Speaker 14: Same what does that?
Speaker 20: Satan picking you up so quick means a lot should take care a lots every thanks for.
Speaker 14: Sure i'm sure a lot of guys in, Here i've had moments early in their.
Speaker 2: Career you, KNOW i can kind of remember very.
Speaker 14: Goodly you, know how much do you think you can use this kind of in the off, season.
Speaker 11: So you know for good for, Sure, yeah the wall with a task wall for.
Speaker 20: Sure but, yeah just kind of keep going with.
Speaker 12: It hopefully it started a long.
Speaker 20: Career just keep back in the head of it's really focks right, now but hopefully keep pushing and get over.
Speaker 2: THIS i keep, pushing all.
Speaker 3: Right There's Ryan keckering after the game and obviously not feeling great about. HIMSELF i don't know how you can put this behind you in a matter of weeks or. MONTHS i, mean this may haunt Or Ryan keckering for a long, time especially in that city with that fan. Base eight six six seven two five seventy is the phone. Number let's go out To julian And Palm. Springs, julian you're On Dodger talk With david Vasse.
Speaker 9: Hi, Julian, Hey, dave how's it.
Speaker 2: Going it's going great with The dodgers advancing.
Speaker 10: Again, yeah, sir, yes, SIR i love.
Speaker 17: IT i love.
Speaker 4: It oh, WELL i just want to talk about How i'm So i'm so proud of this bullpen for being so. Resilient Glad i'll pitch his, sorry pitch his butt. Off he pitch his butt.
Speaker 3: Off, yeah don't have potty mouth like Or Ryan, Keckering, julian don't have potty mouth Like.
Speaker 2: Cockering i'd.
Speaker 9: Apologize it's.
Speaker 12: OKAY i did h the resilience field.
Speaker 4: Bullpen they stuck to their game. Plan they didn't give in and we you, know no matter, How i'll take a, win so how ugly it, WAS i Think i'll take it.
Speaker 2: All, Right, julian thank you for the phone. Call love the.
Speaker 3: EXCITEMENT a big night for The dodgers as they advanced to THE. Nlcs and, look a lot of these, Guys i'm sure they're not saying it out, loud but a lot of these guys that were on the team last year realize they have a chance to separate themselves from every single one of these Other Dodger World series teams and a lot of the majority Of Major League Baseball World series, teams because they would be doing something that no Other dodger team has ever done, before and that's repeat As World series, champions and they would become the first team In Major League baseball since The yankees twenty five years ago to win back to Back World Series. Championships if this team can finish the, mission they will etch themselves in baseball lore as one of the few teams that was able to win back to Back World Series championships and certainly separate themselves from every Other Dodger World championship team by being able to win a second Consecutive World Series. Championship eight six six, nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone. Number let's go out To eric In. Hollywood you're On Dodger. Talk how you, Doing, Eric?
Speaker 21: Dodger nick Shit.
Speaker 9: Glass now?
Speaker 21: Handled it is? Business thank. You Dodger nation loves.
Speaker 2: You Rokie.
Speaker 21: Wow, hello you have a, ride my? Friend you have a? Rived Oh, Tani Freddy. Pajez oh, man it doesn't.
Speaker 1: Matter we.
Speaker 2: Won we. Won i'm.
Speaker 21: Excited i'm looking forward to THE nlcs kersh don't worry about. It Bro we're. Good we love, You Dodger nation loves.
Speaker 19: You.
Speaker 21: Whatever. Whatever nobody's gonna remember that game anymore because we. Won just like you, said by nobody's gonna remember. Whatever four fifty five. WHATEVER i Remember Willie stargell hitting that THOUGH i saw it on YouTube, anyways.
Speaker 2: But you're a little too young for.
Speaker 3: That, yeah nobody's going to be talking About Kyle schwarber's home run after The phillies are done for the twenty twenty five. Season thank you for the phone, call, Appreciated, ERIC i love it and uh certainly sweeter when you call in after A dodger. Win eight six six, nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone. Number time to check in With Jose.
Speaker 6: Moda it's time to go around the horn With Jose.
Speaker 22: Mota Jose mota was on the field before the game as his, dad one of the legends Of dodger, Baseball Manny, mota was introduced and throughout the first pitch too a Fellow dominican Int Askar Hernandez jose start to finish a great night here At Dodger.
Speaker 10: Stadium it was a beautiful night anytime you. Have obviously the past connected with The Phillies dodgers back to seventy seven SEVENTY, a my dad And vic w And Bill russ is such a great tie. In even The phillies guys today were telling me, like that's so cool to see your dad out, there even though he broke our hearts back in seventy. Seven but, YEAH i think you, know, overall a game like today you shows you a lot about an organizational, approach things about how in a game and in the series days you were talking about with all the attention the big boys, get it really comes down to the basics of playing the, game which is catching. Baseball you, know don't make too many mistakes and put the. Ball play your favorite expression, day move the ball. Forward nothing happens when you don't move the ball. Forward, dave it worked. Again look what Happened the first thing in the spring training IS pfb and it's not the first time it's happened in postseason because it was one of those things that you forget about how to do it and execute during the. Season be very, cozy but, certainly you, know guys pushed around and there's a lot of things we can go, to but certainly the starting pitching again does the. Job sasaki tied in so that it was.
Speaker 14: Amazing, Yeah Roki.
Speaker 3: Sasaki without, him The dodgers are not advancing to THE. Nlcs how big WAS i, mean it's Incredible, jose just how his season has changed and how aggressive and confident he is pitching not just to one batter like he did To Trey turner a couple of nights ago In Game game, two but also the way he was able to pitch three scoreless innings when The dodgers needed him to at the most critical time.
Speaker 10: Tonight i'm glad you mentioned the word change because there has been a gradual change In sasaki talking to some of the people that were surrounding him on the process of his. Failures through all the, process convinced and sometimes getting away day from the big leg environment was good for him and being able to kind of just see himself almost like starting, again getting polished, over and then understanding that the role could be bigger when he came back and he bought into that he was he bought into the mechanics side of, it he bought into the mental side of. It who would have participated this. HAPPENING i don't think anyone would. Have but he was ready for whatever moment. Came and the good thing about tonight was the fact that he is not far removed from being a starting, pitcher so he didn't have the reservation, about oh my, god does you have another thirty five to forty pitches you didn't happen in your. Mind we knew the plan was to go, too but the way he's on the ball and attacking his own there was no need. To but there's a lot of a lot of bending flexibility, mentally physically and approach, wise you, know leaving things that he learned In japan to come, here to have a lot of them to put himself in this, position and certainly for The dodgers and their support team and everybody, involved it's a plus to have a guy like this went through so much as a young picture In, japan a lot of success and some family when he got here and just didn't know was happening to. Him but ALSO i was very clearly that Between otani And yamamoto have been huge for this, kid to let him know that even though he was, absent there's gonna be a spot form here as always preserve and did the.
Speaker 2: Job and here it, Is Jose mota is joining. Us BEFORE i let you, go hoose Oriyan.
Speaker 3: Keckering as you're calling that play as it's, unfolding how clear was it to you THAT. Jt Real mudo was pointing the first base and when he fumbled the comeback or is that when panic set?
Speaker 1: In?
Speaker 9: Oh absolutely.
Speaker 10: Yes and here's here's something to keep in. Mind how many guys do you see on comebackers not stepping throw?
Speaker 9: Anymore that goes into his.
Speaker 10: Mind he's, GOING i want the shortest route right, now even though somebody's pointing the first. BASE i don't want to make that long. Throw most pictures nowadays don't want to make the long throw Right so the the job he, Goes, hey my, shirt thing is for you to go out there and throw the ball at first. Base but in the state of, panic not finding the baseball and losing the, baseball where DO i throw? At part of the. Convision and that's why there's a lot of people on base when there's traffic on the, BASIS a lot of things just happen if you strike out a lot those things not gonna. Happen in For Andy, piez even though it's not a bit, sit he did the job that he needed to, Do God, jam but certainly having the speed at third base also affected the whole.
Speaker 2: Development that all, Right, jose thanks a lot for checking.
Speaker 3: In we'll talk to you After monday's game one of THE, nlcs either In milwaukee or here At Dodgers. Stadium do you have any predictions where will The. Dodgers who will The dodgers be playing On.
Speaker 10: MONDAY i just don't see The brewers going down that easily to have a little paying game and things like. That but going back home is going to be big for. THEM i want What it doesn't matter wherever it. Is you need to play good baseball and move on to The World.
Speaker 3: Series all, Right, jose thanks a lot there he Goes mota part of The Dodgers spanish radio. BROADCAST a great night with him and his dad before the, game throwing out the ceremonial first, pitch and certainly great to Have jose around and back with The. Dodgers eight six six, nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone, number you. Know talking About Roki sasaki and how he changed his. SEASON i had a chance to talk To Travis, smith The dodgers strength and conditioning, coach who actually was one of the, biggest biggest reasons That Roki sasaki season. Changed Travis, smith if you, remember after Show Hey otani signed with The, dodgers was working With. Otani the very next, Day otani wanted to go to. Work he wanted to be a guy to steal fifty bases last. Season And Travis, smith The dodger strength and conditioning, coach you see him in the. Dugout he's the hype man as, well bought in With, otani And otani bought in with him when The dodgers decided to Reset roki sasaki. Season obviously the shoulder injury part of it, too but it did take some convincing and buying in From. Sasaki and basically what The dodgers did With Travis, smith The dodgers' strength coach leading this, program is Having Roki sasaki do basically an off season strength and conditioning program during that period of time that he was on THE il before he went To Oklahoma.
Speaker 2: City And travis was telling me yesterday he.
Speaker 3: Believed That roki had a, date a goal date that he wanted to get back and believe that he would be able to be The Roki sasaki that The dodgers signed and many other teams wanted that can throw one hundred miles an hour and dot it wherever he wanted. To he believed he had that, goal but he did need some, convincing And Travis smith had the credibility of working With otani And otani having success in his first year with The.
Speaker 2: Dodgers that's all you.
Speaker 3: Need that's all you, need the buy in Of otani for another player Like Roki sasaki to buy in.
Speaker 2: That, okay this guy knows what he's.
Speaker 3: Doing he's got a great strength conditioning program For otani for you, know all these other. Players yamamoto really doesn't do a lot in the weight.
Speaker 2: Room we know.
Speaker 6: That but.
Speaker 3: The way it was explained to me is That Roki sasaki From may Until september was basically in an off season strength and conditioning program and then from there he got confidence to get the pitching mechanics back to where they. Wanted but his lower half was a lot stronger than what it was In. May and if you remember last year In, Japan Roki sasaki had his season abbreviated because he was having some barking with the, shoulders and during the off season he he did not sign with the team until after the new, year and that means he wasn't in a, program a strength program with any, team and that kind of set him back a little. Bit so, essentially it's kind of remarkable That Travis smith The dodgers' strength and conditioning coach could come together with an offseason program in the middle of the baseball season for a pitcher Like, rokie and it paid off and was able to get that confidence. Back and even when he was pitching In Oklahoma city and everybody was freaking out that he was only throwing ninety three out of the, bullpen that's what he. Wanted he was more concerned about making sure he was able to have his command in throwing. Strikes he wasn't even concerned about the. Velocity he probably could have thrown one hundred miles an hour during those first two rehab outings In Oklahoma, city but that was not his. Goal his goal was to throw one hundred miles an. Hour two or THREE a pair is in and then all of a, sudden here he is one hundred miles an hour coming out of the, bullpen embracing this. Role so that's the story Behind Roki sasaki transforming himself into this. Guy Andrew Friedman Travis smith deserve a lot of credit because they believed in, him And roki more importantly believed in himself and had a goal and had a vision of him pitching back in the major leagues this, season and here he was tonight in the biggest game of the, season biggest game of his major league, career coming out of the, bullpen three scoreless innings to help get the ball To vesia and give The dodgers the opportunity to win that game in the eleventh. Inning two to, one eight, six, six nine eighty, seven two five seventy is the phone. Number let's go up to The bay. Area, donnie A dodger fan In San. Francisco how you, Doing?
Speaker 11: DONNIE i am doing a great day of so stoked about how today had this. UP i can't believe if you told me last year for this year it is a bullpen game For game, FOUR i would be petrified of how that would have turned. Out kudos to The dodgers' staff to be able to figure out how to massage that bullpen and be able to really get to where they want to and having hand go along Have sasaki go. On it's almost like your redemption art for Like yamamoto last, year he got a little injured in the in the, beginning came and saved us in the, playoffs AND i would save the same For sasaki in this, playoffs having a little injury and then coming back And i'm really saving. US i really can't state anymore than just our ability to be able to adapt and be able to succeed in doing that and, say very great, guy thank you for being the best dude On. Supportsnet and appreciate.
Speaker 3: You, oh thank, You. DONNIE i appreciate. THAT i don't know about, that but my goal is to humanize those players and for you to see just what makes them. Tick AND i feel like you're getting to understand more and more what makes these guys. Tick they're not just talented. Players they're out here every, day four or five hours before first, pitch getting in their work like they did all last, year all the way up to the final game that they played in The World. Series this just doesn't happen if you show up at five or six o'clock at. Night these guys are here, early putting in a lot of, work getting their treatment and being ready to play on this. Stage AND i Thought Keiky hernandez really was poised in his interview after the game to just basically explain what these guys are all. About they're not just wild and crazy guys that show up they're guys that put in a lot of work and pick each other up like they did in this series and contribute in their own.
Speaker 2: WAYS i feel like we all forget that.
Speaker 3: Show, Hey otani did strike out Nine phillies in game In, philadelphia and, yeah he gave up three, runs but didn't give up any other runs after that second, inning so he contributed in his own, way obviously. Offensively The phillies was not a good matchup for. Him it should be a better matchup for him whether it's The cubs Or brewers in THE. Nlcs that'll do it for. Us tonight On Dodger, talk thank you for, listening thank you for calling, in and certainly it's gonna be a fun ride Through october with The dodgers as they are looking to become the first repeat champions In Major League baseball in twenty five. Years monday is going to Be game one of THE. Nlcs we'll see whether or not it's The brewers Or cubs tomorrow, Morning sax And. Kates they'll have an update on possible game times as we get closer To monday, evening probably in the five o'clock. RANGE i would imagine first pitch between either The dodgers And cubs At Dodger, stadium Or dodger And brewers out there In, milwaukee and we'll see what happens with the. Slide if The dodgers clinch it In. Milwaukee you never, know maybe maybe your guy right, Here holy, crap we'll go down that slide. Again probably, not probably, not but looking forward to. Whoever The dodgers playing The cubs are pouring it on right now In game, four our Guy Michael bush just went deep for The. Cubs they are really pouring it On. Milwaukee In game four of THAT nlds. Series out there In, chicago they are really getting after The. Brewers it's six to nothing in the bottom of the eighth inning out there In. Chicago so it's going to be A game five the day after, tomorrow and these two teams are not going to be in a great spot pitching wise when they face The dodgers On. Monday thanks to calling you back at Our Burbank, Studios thanks To dwayne McDonald out here At Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Stadium and thank, you thank you for.
Speaker 3: Listening in case you missed any of the, show you can find it on The iHeartRadio app and by the. Way thank you To Brad paisley for surprising us with a victory lap phone call Celebrating Tyler glass now and rightfully. So six score listenings to start this, game Alex vesia gets the winning relief and more, importantly The dodgers are headed to THE. Nlcs yet. Again that's it for. Now don't really know when we're gonna talk to you. Again OH i do On, monday either FROM la or From. Milwaukee sachs And kate's tomorrow morning at six. Am Fox Sports radio is. Next have a great rest of your, night see you