Speaker 1: On air at am five to seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Dodger That's a World Series, glynnburn Live.
Speaker 3: We are back to back.
Speaker 1: First the Dodgers were back living out their dream.
Speaker 3: Then they were back to back.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers cement their dynasty.
Speaker 1: Now we love to go back to back to back. Last live from Dodgers Stadium, hosted by your Dodger insider David Vasse. This is Dodger.
Speaker 2: Fast Hour two rolls on from Dodgers Stadium. David vas Say live from the Dodger Bullpen until one o'clock right here on a five to seventy LA Sports. Thanks to Tommy Edmund River, Ryan Jack Dryer, BNK Casparius and Anthony Bonda and Alex Call for joining us in hour one. Coming up in this Brock Stewart will be joining us, My guy Blake Snell he will be joining us at eleven fifteen and Mitschean Tanner, Scott Will kleinb one of the heroes of Game three of the World Series, will join us and coming up in our final hour, Miguel Rojas, Mookie Bets, Freddie Freeman and Yes Show, Hey Otani want to send out a special shout out to my guy Sam at Downy Hunday.
Speaker 4: He treated us so well earlier this week. It is a party there from wherever you are, Hyundai Downy is the place to be. It's a great time. They got TVs in the trunks. They've got a Lubovu wrapped Hyundai. When Blake Snell shows up, I'm gonna show him that picture. He might have to find his way to Downy Hunday and see my guy Sam. So thank you to them, Thank you for sponsoring Dodger Talk from Dodger Fest or FanFest here on a five to seventy LA Sports. It's a great scene out here. There's a lot of media gathered here in the Dodger bullpen. This is the Dodger Reliever house. You've got to respect the house of the Dodger Relievers. We've got so many bloggers, so many newspaper outlets, so many upstart outlets like the California Post trying to make their mark. They are huddled around Jim Hill in front of the step and repeat area. We've got other media members enjoying Dodger dogs, chips, and an assortment of other things here in the Dodger bullpen. And look, this is not an area that the media or fans are allowed in too often. I mean, think about the Dodger relievers that have warmed up and the moments that they have warmed up for in this bullpen at Dodger Stadium. It's one thing to talk about things that happened on the road Walker Bueller coming out of the bullpen in New York. It's one thing to talk about Kershaw not seeing the final out in Toronto. But you think back to so many great moments of you know, the Dodgers. Uh oh uh, I guess the show's over. We have no more time for anybody else. The show is gonna be over, especially guys wearing a Dodger jersey in a flannel. I'm just kidding, just kidding. My guy, Blake Snell is in the house. Neil Zilla, it's on. Don't worry. Two times, two times, not yet calling not called it, You're a little early.
Speaker 5: Called it. I said, that's the first thing you're gonna say. Called it two times, two times, say Young Award winner, World Champion Blake Snell and a man that is not beneath serving Jack in the box Tacos and parts of La you saw get it was getting quick, you were embracing it. Yeah, it was fun a lot of fun. And then, uh, did you do to red microphone as like a cherry?
Speaker 4: That's right for the Shirley that's right. Hello, how many Shirley temples were you? Can we get a headset for Blake Snell because he's gonna need to hear part of this interview because I got stuff. Look at how many people are starting to gather around you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, leave me alone.
Speaker 4: I mean you are a magnet.
Speaker 5: Leave me alone.
Speaker 4: People, people always want to be around you. You need to put this on. But on the headsets it's good and you got to hear this. Yeah, that's right. You got great energy. You had great energy at the Long Beach Aquarium. You had great energy at that Jack in the box.
Speaker 5: Wait till the season starts.
Speaker 4: When is your season going to start?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 5: Spring training obviously, and then go from there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but are you gonna be on the mound in spring training?
Speaker 5: What are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're making me nervous. People meet you at the Long Beach Aquarium. They're saying you're you're taking your season slow. Set the record straight for the people.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm gonna try to pitch on opening day. That's the goal. It's always the goal. Yeah, God forbid, I'm saying I want to take a little time make sure I'm doing it right. But that's just me. But no, I've seen it. I watched social media. I see ar I'm tired all that. But Jack wrote the right things. People just took it the wrong way.
Speaker 4: How should we take it.
Speaker 5: I'm going in the spring and I'm gonna get ready to pitch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you're fine, Yeah, tell people you're fine.
Speaker 5: I'm fine.
Speaker 4: Okay, See all right now, is that what you wanted to hear. I want to hear that.
Speaker 5: I'm good.
Speaker 4: I'm here to push you. I know all these other people are in awe of you. I respect your greatness. I respect what you've accomplished in your career and what you did to help the Dodgers win the World Series. But we want the snail Zilla show.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I mean, if I'm healthy, I really like what I can do. And I was able to get healthy down the stretch and that was a big It was a lot of fun for me, but that was big for the team. And then yeah, being able to win the World.
Speaker 4: Series with special It seems like Dodger fans are starting to realize just how much you love being a Dodger. How much do you love wearing this uniform?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's everything to me. I mean, I tell Andrew. I haven't told him a little bit. I'll text him after this, but I'll tell Andrew all the time. Thank you. Like I'm so lucky to be a Dodger. It means the world to me. Yeah, there's no place I'd rather be. I love I love it here. I love the people. I love the fans, the teammates. I love the way that I could talk with Andrew Gomer about the team and and just learn. And Yeah, there's nothing better than putting this jersey on every day.
Speaker 4: I was a little bit worried that you wouldn't show up to Dodger Fest because I'll let you in on a little secret. You know, you and my son, you got a connection over FaceTime and Twitch. So when I saw that alert came on last night, snail Zilla is streaming. Hey, before little Joe went to bed, we want that put him to sleep. That's his bedtime story when snail Zilla is streaming.
Speaker 5: So he was watching me sing last night here.
Speaker 4: By the way, little note facts, snil Zilla actually has a pretty good voice, calling snil Zilla's got the headset in Now. This was one of the songs that snail Zilla played as he was playing one of his video games last night.
Speaker 5: Hey no, no, not yet no, Yeah, who knew snail Zilla love Neo?
Speaker 4: Go ahead call him play.
Speaker 5: Clifted it love song. So sad up there it is.
Speaker 4: This is what was happening last night, singing vibe in Yeah, I like I like to taste of music.
Speaker 5: It's a good song.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, I mean you had those blown the dark headsets on world.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Hey, and I and I backed up and I was I was gonna start this, and I was like, I really have room and I have to like get down.
Speaker 4: I thought you were gonna tip over in your chair. No, I was gonna push the chair down. Get out the way, all right. And then from neo DJ, snell Zilla transitioned into Chris Brown. Can we play the song on Colin here forever? How about this one? You know this one?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I know it, but I play forever. You need to watch better, you need to watch Colin.
Speaker 4: I just said, ain't Chris Brown? You went vibe with.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I like this song, but I like probably thirty other songs from him way more.
Speaker 4: Okay, Sorry, Hey, don't worry.
Speaker 5: I'll teach you. I'll teach you Chris Brown music. I got you. No, I'll make I'll make a playlist for you. How about that?
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, I want to Snow's little playlist.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be called Welcome to the Game. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Hey, did you know Neo and Akon are going on tour together?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 5: That blow your mind? Oh they're gonna be in La they got to Yeah, they will be. Who doesn't come down like yeah, exactly, Okay, we'll be there. Nice. I can teach you Welcome to the Game, and then part two and we'll go to a concert. All right. You know every song I say, Hey, get up and dance to this one. Yes, we'll be Yeah.
Speaker 4: This is the game you were playing last night among us. Yes, my say knew it. My son knew it. He wanted to know if you were the impostor No.
Speaker 5: I wasn't until like two hours. And then every time you're the impost and streaming, everyone knows you're the imbossor so you can't hi like you're just like this, this is your crew may just trying to figure it out.
Speaker 4: So see this is the Blakes now that you get on twitch. Yeah, that's the Blakes.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: I want every Dodger Talk appearance. See, I take you back, I take you back to your happy place. Yeah, we've got headsets on right now. All you need is like a microphone.
Speaker 5: But once the season starts, it's yeah, yeah, lock in.
Speaker 4: It is the last streaming video? Can you announce when it will be the last time? In spring training?
Speaker 5: Report my stream and spring training usually I do stream, but I gotta set the stream up and that's why I don't know. And spring training focus and then ready and I might stream there and then during the season I stream a couple of times, but for the most part, baseball is the only focus. Yeah. My family, Okay, family get it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Father of the Year, we know, we get it. Yeah yeah, yeah, see yes, I love tapping into you with the youth baseball. You you really have a great perspective on for the kids. Make it about the kids, but the parents need to back off a little bit sometimes.
Speaker 5: From my experience, Yeah, I mean there's so much to learn. It's funny, man, because every year I do Zilla and I do Seattle Select. The kids are getting older, but I'm learning so much, man, I'm learning how to really help the kids, how to really have an impact. I partnered with a group player's health and they're helping me a lot with just safety. And that's probably the coolest part as of now that I've gotten into with the youth sports as well. So I'm beyond excited about, you know, just how it's evolving year after year.
Speaker 4: So you gave away a lot of rawlings equipment to the snail Zilla kids. Do you give away the boo boos too? Or do you keep those for yourself?
Speaker 5: No? Love booboo is just something to do in the clubhouse that you know, brings everybody in really hoping we're trying to get the secret. It's just fun.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 4: It feels like they're all in your locker, though, how are they for everybody?
Speaker 5: So they're in my locker and what you see in my locker is about a quarter of what we've opened.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, everybody takes them.
Speaker 5: I tell them to take them, Okay, yeah I don't. They just and then they just hang in the locker and I'm like, well, just make sure I have every color in the locker and then the rest people take What.
Speaker 4: Did you think about the selfie? I took it downy Hyundai the Boo boost Boat.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, you should drive that. I'd never drive it, but you should drive it.
Speaker 4: Drive it to the Boo Boos car State, drive it to the stadium every day.
Speaker 5: You want to.
Speaker 4: You right in there, I'll pick you up.
Speaker 5: I ain't going right in there. I'll tell you that. All right.
Speaker 4: Where you watching the super Bowl? Snow Zilla?
Speaker 5: Uh? In San Francisco? Are you going to the super Bowl? That's the plan as a now go for just the day.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, yeah, the world too where continues?
Speaker 5: Hey, I was gonna go regardless.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if the rams were in there, We're not even gonna get it.
Speaker 5: Davids texted me.
Speaker 4: You try to FaceTime me the day after that.
Speaker 5: I told him, Hey, I said, I told I told Dave two before I said, Hey, this is the super Bowl, Like, this is the super Bowl? All three games I went to all I went to two of them, and then I was on the plane for for this last one. But man, it's unbelievable games. Unbelievable one we're talking. That's my guy, Come on one. The fan fest starts. Hey, we got fan fast one. It's about the fans. That's right, it's about It's about Dodger talk. We're touching more fans right now. That was a crazy thing to say. Day, What do you mean we're gonna keep rolling into your little Hey, thank you for stopping. Appreciate it for that flannel. You really triggered me. Oh my god, what is this? What is this?
Speaker 4: What is this? Yeah, you know it? Thank you for coming by.
Speaker 5: He appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Your twitch last night.
Speaker 5: Hey, I'm gonna be on among us tonight.
Speaker 4: Hey, we'll be there play, We'll be ready.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna yeah. But when I leave, I'm gonna get the game downloaded for you.
Speaker 4: Okay, so good a picture with us, Snaill Zilla here, we're gonna take you out with this. He's taking the headset off, Blake Snell. We're inding the show right now. Forget everybody else. Come on, why you why want you to put your arm around me?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 4: There we go?
Speaker 3: Come on?
Speaker 4: Jeez, so weird, so Seattle weird. But now he's LA's favorite son. Blake Snell, your new home. That's it.
Speaker 5: I love LS always.
Speaker 4: Hey, we got more rolling on from Dodger Fest right here on AM five seventy LA Sports. Hey, Blake Snell didn't get the weather report, ADI and sunny always here in Ala. You don't want to be anywhere else. Right here on AM five seventy LA Sports. Oh yeah, still the after glow of Blake Snell at Dodger Fest and on Dodger Talk Live from Dodger Stadium. We are with you until one o'clock right here on AM five seventy LA Sport. I feel like the show should just end. How does it get better than that? Oh that's right, Freddie Freeman and show hey Otani are going to join us in the final hour of today's show, so we roll on until one o'clock. We are scheduled to have joined us Emmitt Sheehan, Tanner Scott and will climb this hour. Maybe the great hair of Brock Stewart as well. We'll get an update on how Brock is feeling after undergoing season ending shoulder surgery last year. He was obviously disappointed he couldn't contribute as much as he would have liked after the trade back to the Dodgers, but certainly if he's healthy, I think that's one part. That's one part I believe that has been severely underreported and talked about as far as all the hot takes and all the talking heads out there, is the Dodger bullpen. Yeah, they've talked a lot about Edwin dis But if Tanner Scott can return to Tanner Scott form from a couple of years ago, all of a sudden, you have a two headed monster at the back end of your bullpen with Tanner Scott and Edwin Diaz. Also, you heard from Bruce Stark GRADEROL, the new and improved Bruce Stark GRADEROL, the Bazuka who is going to be hitting the ground running after missing the last two years for the Dodgers. All of a sudden, now you've got a rejuvenated, healthy Bruce Stark GRADEROL. Who you know. I know I always say this about certain guys, but the last time you saw Bruce Stark GRADEROL, compared to this version of Bruce Dark GRADEROL is going to really impress you. I'll just say that. So now we're talking working backwards for Dave Roberts, Edwin Diaz, Tanner Scott, Bruce Stark GRADEROL, Alex Vesia. You got Alex Vesia coming back. You got Anthony Bonda. You're going to have Ben Casparius, Jack Dryer, Anthony Bonda, to name a few. And oh, by the way, you're going to have Pile Hurt as part of this bullpen. Yeah, he may not break camp with you, but he certainly is going to log meaningful innings this year. So when you look at and I know everybody talks about the starters, and yes, the Dodgers starting rotation is tremendous, but if you look at last year's season, the biggest question mark was their bullpen. How are they going to get the final six outs? How are they going to get the final nine outs in the regular season? And it's a it's going to be a strength for the Dodgers. Here's my guy, six seven, Roki Sasaki.
Speaker 5: Hi, Roki, How.
Speaker 4: Are you welcome the Dodger Fest. Can you stand on this side please? Yeah, this is actually a surprise that you are going to be here. I mean a great surprise that you are here. What's it like to uh to be back at Dodger Stadium since the parade? Excited to be here?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're who's this new guy? What's your name?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 4: Ken? Great name you're gonna assist Roki Sasaki in answering my questions. We are live too, so please keep it clean.
Speaker 3: Rookie.
Speaker 4: How excited are you to be back at Dodger Stadium?
Speaker 8: Uh with the fans and attendance to get the season started, Jess.
Speaker 3: I'm MoMA, he did, Mahon love them.
Speaker 7: Really excited after we're excited about this because field of ends before the friends so well filled out.
Speaker 5: The fresh year.
Speaker 4: So how rewarding was it for you to be able to to help the team win the World Series last year in a different way than many of us expected. How excited was he or how gratifying was it to help the Dodgers win the World Series in a new role?
Speaker 7: Don't even to touch the most up?
Speaker 9: So did you hear anymore? Looking they thought this is mama, I'm okay giving customs?
Speaker 7: Yeah, flush time, you know, coming out the bullpen and what I was able to go to the table.
Speaker 5: So we're really happy about it.
Speaker 4: Have you watched any of the games during the World Series? Did you go back and look at any of the games or have you stayed away from watching it?
Speaker 5: On game? Doesn't like me not sho nice, I haven't seen.
Speaker 4: It Is there one play that you remember the most from Game seven? Was it Rojas home run? Will Smith home run? Pa Hez knocking over Kik Rojas to Will Smith? Is there one play that you remember the most?
Speaker 5: So, no, I know, so is the.
Speaker 9: Home run Megga's home run?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, incredible home run. Roki Sasaki and his interpreter Ken is joining us live on AM five to seventy l A Sports. Roki, there were reports you're not going to pitch in the World Baseball Classic this year. What went into your decision to stay with the Dodgers instead of pitch in the World Baseball Classic?
Speaker 7: And one of the baseball questions, can I people go there?
Speaker 9: So don't must I'm a cut on the hand. Don They're out in this Skittles. I don't know came out of the season.
Speaker 7: That's actually a team's decision. But once this, Yeah decided. So I'm just gonna go focus on the season.
Speaker 4: I'm happy you're staying. I'm happy you're staying with the Dodgers. More time with you. Do you feel more comfortable going into spring training this year?
Speaker 5: I know spring I'm not going in the musket.
Speaker 3: So it's the mona. Yeah. On the I sim is there the Moniday hold on?
Speaker 7: So this is my second year, so I'm gonna be in the spring training very smoothly, and it's gonna be a great spring training.
Speaker 4: Do you feel like you need a third page or are you happy with the way you shape the pitches that you have already?
Speaker 7: Sorry?
Speaker 4: Because you say that, does he believe he needs a third pitch? Or does he believe his two pitches serve as more than two?
Speaker 3: Another?
Speaker 9: Mama, Mama, I'm not kidding.
Speaker 2: Up.
Speaker 7: I started throwing like catat in two C so I'm going to practice those on the spring training.
Speaker 4: Are you impressed by my pitching knowledge? Huh? Shape? Pitches? Shape?
Speaker 7: Huh?
Speaker 4: Are you impressed?
Speaker 5: Sorry?
Speaker 4: Is he impressed by my knowledge of pitching?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 5: Sorry?
Speaker 4: Are you impressed?
Speaker 5: Rokie? Is he?
Speaker 4: Is he impressed by how much I know?
Speaker 5: So? No cut?
Speaker 3: Did ye?
Speaker 4: That didn't sound very very convincing, But I'll take it, Rokie. Before I let you go, You're good friend and teammate Yoshi Nobu Yamamoto World Series Hero? Has he stayed humbled this offseason? Will he return your phone calls after becoming a World Series Hero?
Speaker 5: Sorry?
Speaker 4: Well, Yamamoto return his phone calls now that he's a World Series.
Speaker 7: Herod return Cole Yeah, all back, tyre champion.
Speaker 5: Hi, I haven't talked to him.
Speaker 4: Oh man, maybe he shows up in a limousine to spring training this year. You never know.
Speaker 5: Roki.
Speaker 4: Great to see you. You know how much we are grateful to what you did last year with the Dodgers and look forward to a big season. So thank you, Roki, thank.
Speaker 3: You, Ken, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 4: There he goes, Hey, can we get a six seven before you leave for the kids? A yeah, yeah, there he goes, Roki Sazaki, thank you so much. Hey, you know this guy, Roki, you know we'll climb. Roki, you know this guy will climb? Oh yeah, do you think he knows you?
Speaker 3: Hope?
Speaker 4: So, I mean you should after Game three of the World Series, come on.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 6: I mean we wouldn't be there without him, you know, stepping up in that role though, so he kind of he was kicking.
Speaker 3: But their old postseason.
Speaker 4: Hey, from one key reliever to last year's postseason run to another and will climb. Let's step up a little closer. These guys really, Uh, it's multi media today, Cline, not just radio, not just radio. They can see me they can see you as well, they'll see you later on a five seventy LA Sports Perfect. What's it been like for you this offseason and now to come to an event like this, to be celebrated rightfully so as a world champion and a big part of it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's really cool. I've never gotten to experienced an off season, you know, after winning a World Series, so a little shorter than I'm used to, but you know, with good reason, and I wouldn't trade it for the world. And so it's just, I mean, having that kind of behind you really spurs the off seasons.
Speaker 3: You just want to win another one now, you know.
Speaker 6: So it's like that experience and like it just makes you hungry for more. Like it's almost like I want it another one more than I wanted the first one. Like you win that, it's like you just keep wanna want to come back. So it's it's been really cool. And then now getting to be here and like have like me everyone and get to like see all the fans like kind of celebrate together.
Speaker 3: It's been really cool.
Speaker 4: I've heard that from other players that have won their first championship. Winning becomes addicting.
Speaker 3: It sure does.
Speaker 6: I mean like there's just a feeling you get after winning, and it's you also just absolutely hate losing, but yeah, like winning a World Series, it makes you really want that next one even more.
Speaker 4: What what do you remember the most about being here in this bullpen? Because we are broadcasting from the Dodger bullpen? What do you remember the most as you were warming up to come in and unknowingly have to pitch the final four innings of that extra inning game.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I remember when they showed the remaining bullpen arms on the like the broadcast we have, and it was it was me, Kershaw and Henrikas really once not crossed out, And that's when I kind of started setting in like, oh my god, like this is we're getting down to nitty gritty here, like we're we're gonna have to dig deep, Like who knows how long this game's gonna go because every like everyone was kind of like locking it in, like no more running. So and then Kershaw went out and then Henrikas went out. I was just I was like sitting out here as me and Barred and Chico and our layer catchers, and I was just like, what is going on?
Speaker 3: Like this?
Speaker 6: I've never experienced this is like one of you know, obviously had the other eighteen in game, but I was just.
Speaker 3: Like, what is going on?
Speaker 6: Like and then start warming up when Henrikas throws two beautiful innings and so it's like, all right, like I'm the last guy out here, like this is this is all I'm you now. But I honestly I really like that, like feelings. It's kind of like the last like gives you a little extra drill on there.
Speaker 4: I thought one of the greatest scenes of the ending of Game three of the World Series was obviously Freddie Freeman hitting the walk off home run being celebrated being mobbed, But then maybe two minutes after that, the entire team found you and mobbed you like you had just hit the walk off home run. Were you expecting that?
Speaker 3: No, I wasn't.
Speaker 6: I was just I was really excited that Freddy hit that, you know, I mean he had the big one last year too, and so you kind of, I mean you expected one of those guys to go do something crazy and end it, and you know, Freddy got to, and I think we're all ready to go home at that point. But yeah, then them coming over and like kind of do the same thing, like I was just glad to be a part of it, you know, and so be able to like feel that and like get that from like teammates and the fans was really special and just made me feel at home, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd say you found a home with the Dodgers. Will You will forever be remembered in Dodger history for your herculean effort in Game three of the World Series. Great to see you, look forward to seeing you in spring training as well. Congratulations on the success and the celebration that is following you every step of your life.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, thank you, thanks for having me. Yeah, let's let's go win another one.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 3: Three.
Speaker 4: Pete will Klein is in. I'm in, You're in, and you're with us from Dodger Fest right here on AM five seventy LA Sports. More Great Dodgers, more of your back to back champion Dodgers on the way right around the corner on AM five seventy LA Sports. Beautiful day at Dodger Stadium. Oh yeah, let's enjoy this, yacht rock. It's that type of day, yacht rock type of day in the City of Angels here in Los Angeles. Beautiful day at Dodger Stadium for fan Fest. We're with you until AM five until one o'clock. Right here on AM five seventy LA Sports, we are broadcasting from the Dodgers' bullpen. That's right, That is where they have caged me for three hours here on five to seventy LA Sports. There is also the mass number of media members staging inside the Dodger bullpen trying to get any any morsel of information from anybody. I thought it was interesting that Roki Sasaki told us that it was the Dodgers and Roki's decision that had him pass on the World Baseball Classic. It seems like the Dodgers kind of a let Roki know, like, we're not thrilled about you going to the World Baseball Classic. So it was, in Roki's words, a team decision not to have him pitch for Team Japan in the World Baseball Classic. So that's the one big piece of news that we got from Roki Sasaki, who I wasn't expecting to join the show, But here he was. Roki Sasaki number eleven atest, and I'm sure he's doing some meet and greets. He is another one of those guys that maybe a little bit forgotten because he wasn't with the team during the regular season and obviously was a huge contributor coming out of the bullpen. Without Roki Sasaki becoming the Dodger closer, they don't get to the World Series. They don't win the World Series without Roki Sasaki. But you heard what he also said. He has come up with two new pitches to complement his split fork and also his fastball. So that's a repertoire built to be a starter that can go through a major league lineup twice and maybe in some instances three times. So encouraging stuff from Roki Sasaki. And quite honestly, if you've been listening to Dodger talk, I don't dislike the World Baseball Classic, but I'm not making that more of a priority than the Dodgers. If I'm anybody, I'm sorry. I know it's a jewel event for Major League Baseball, but how can you tell me winning the World Baseball Classic is just as important as winning the World Series with the Dodgers or any team. You can't convince me of that. It's a nice event, it gets some eyes on major League baseball, but not at a cost that would preclude the Dodgers or any team losing a key player or a key pitcher, And really it's surrounded around the pitchers, not really the position players. So it's not really about that. It's more about the pitchers. It's early in spring training when these guys start to get thrust into high leverage, high intensity situations. And for me, the Dodgers having three in Japan's best players, I'm fine with Otani just being the dh do not throw a single pitch, Yamamoto throw forty pitches. Here's a I that is very much having a lot of withdrawal issues of David Vassay this offseason. And that's my guy, number sixty six, Tanner Scott, Welcome live to Dodger Talk. That's right live. Does that change things real quick?
Speaker 3: Real quick? Is that a too pay or no.
Speaker 4: Come on feeling?
Speaker 1: That was our thing?
Speaker 3: I feel it, you got it new YEARK I will say it. I won't say it's fine. I won't say we did win that way. So I have to say I know exactly do it as much as you want perfect. But my good friends at Bosley would push back on that sponsorship. Hey, let's sponsor sponsor album still balld. I'll take it.
Speaker 4: Let me see your ball.
Speaker 3: We're doing.
Speaker 4: Really you didn't. You didn't big shave it.
Speaker 3: I did clean shave it for this to put a hat on. Okay, hey Willy Smith, Hey Will.
Speaker 4: He's emerged from hibernation. Nobody has heard from this guy since he hit His go ahead home run in the eleventh inning was special. I know where were you when he hit that.
Speaker 3: I was sitting in the bullpen watching, waiting hopefully we got to hoist the trophy and then me Migyro tied up the game and then Will took us to the Promised Land. So yeah, he did. I was just sitting there watching Kershaw throw. I mean yeah, that was his last technical bullpen in the playoffs. So that was cool.
Speaker 4: What was that like because after it was all said and done, he said he had no idea.
Speaker 3: Oh no he was. He was warming up, and uh I was, I mean I was just watching. I was like, it's one of the greatest ever. Do it right there, Dodger legend.
Speaker 4: So did you see Mookie turned the double player?
Speaker 3: It was like it was like a head turn. So I saw it.
Speaker 4: But uh, did you leave the bullpen or did you let him know, hey, we won.
Speaker 3: No at that moment, we just want to know.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 7: I was.
Speaker 3: I didn't know he was still throwing. I kind of just left.
Speaker 4: My body and just went, yeah, hey, I was telling people, everybody's talking about Tucker. It's great. Everybody's talking about your great offense, your great starting pitching. But now with Edwin Diaz and Tanner Scott in the same bullpen, the trumpets, I can't wait to hear them. Timmy Trumpet. Ready the name of it, Timmy Trumpet.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to hear it. Hopefully we get the like the actual live guy to do it like they did, and yeah, that would be cool.
Speaker 4: I've been in contact with Timmy Trumpett to be into this show.
Speaker 3: Is he here today?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: He has responded to my DM, so I don't know if he did.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 4: I show it.
Speaker 3: I need proof.
Speaker 4: I will show it to you.
Speaker 3: I know I need proof right now.
Speaker 4: He's on tour right now?
Speaker 3: Sure sure, sure, I'm tour when Diaz is here, Yes, tour is here.
Speaker 4: Do you want me to lay down a track for you to come out to this year? I could I could.
Speaker 3: Figure out this year.
Speaker 4: Okay, new song?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 3: By away or something I don't know, all right.
Speaker 5: Love it.
Speaker 4: I'm a big Killers fan.
Speaker 3: Give it the Killers, give me, give me something, and I'm probably gonna shoot it down, but I'll think about it.
Speaker 4: Springsteen, could we get Springsteen?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 4: You what do you want hip hop? You want to connect with.
Speaker 5: The young kids?
Speaker 4: The Coconuts song. Yeah, there's a Coconut song out there.
Speaker 3: It's it's bad. There's a there's a lot of songs like we were listening to Hot Coco, some Kits song. Yeah, in my son is in love with Hot Coco. Now it's yeah, he's two. That's bad.
Speaker 4: I know, I got I got a fourth grader. It only gets.
Speaker 3: Where's that there? Yeah? They grow so fast it's scary.
Speaker 4: I know. So do you. I remember when you were just a Marlin and now you're a Dodger.
Speaker 3: Briol Marlin, the other team in California.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then here yes, Hey, I know last year did not go the way that you wanted to.
Speaker 5: Yees.
Speaker 4: So, how how have you cleaned the slate? What's your off season been like?
Speaker 3: Off season was good, hanging out with my family, spending time with them. Looking back at twenty twenty five, realizing I threw too many strikes in the zone of two strikes and uh, I mean that's I'm I should put away that guy and I left. I left too many the ball over the heart of play, and that's never good. I mean I think I could take myself deep at that point. I don't know about that's a lot. I'll I don't think wand could bump me though, so we'll go with that. But no, they just reflected on the year. It wasn't the greatest year for me, but I mean we walked away over the ring and three peat two for me, I'll take that.
Speaker 4: And then you were trying to come back, and then you had that freak sickness injury, infection, how do you want to describe it?
Speaker 3: Something? Yes, something that put me put me in a hospital bed. So it wasn't great. I mean I was fighting my wife going to the hospital because I was like, I can get through it. I can get through it. And then it was a point where it was just getting too bad. We didn't want to go into like whatever sepsist right, yes, full that's dangerous. Yeah, so taking my wife for that.
Speaker 4: You have such great energy this year, just walking in here, I could feel like the energy, the vibe for ten.
Speaker 3: Yes, twenty twenty five was over. Like I looked at my wife and I love it. On New Year's we don't make it to the ball drop. That's too late. We got a son too, way too late. So she looked at me and she goes New Year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, quite perfect, and it feels like you know what to expect a little bit more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean we get to see Dean Kim Moore with Kim, so that's cool. I don't like it very much, but he's a good guy. Yes.
Speaker 4: Who have you missed the most being away from your team?
Speaker 5: Eight?
Speaker 3: You are miss most me.
Speaker 4: I'm not your teammate, but probably Ves Bessie. Yeah. Have you talked to him?
Speaker 3: Oh? Face signs me all the time. Wow, face higns me all the time. You must be Uh, I'm in his I'm in his contact. So I'm interesting. Oh yeah, you don't do you? No, that's fine.
Speaker 4: No, that's fine.
Speaker 3: I'll let him know to call you. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'll see him in spring training.
Speaker 3: I'll tell him to stay away.
Speaker 4: But yes, so do I You're end of the of the Dodger clubhouse. In spring training, you have to make a very long walk and when a reporter walks to your end of the clubhouse from our entrance point, it's a long walk in ours in Arizona at camel Back Ran.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that one's a long walk.
Speaker 4: You guys see me coming a mile away.
Speaker 3: Everyone just dances in the same spot by my locker. Yeah, yeah, I'm out of there. Yeah, I'm out of their food room. Wait, wait room somewheres. Yes, like they gotta you gotta go towards the middle, not by my walker. Okay, you got nothing to talk to me about.
Speaker 4: Hey, I loved you got street cred with me when you entered duced me to Derek Carr last season. Yeah, you're welcome, Yes, thank you, great raider. Who are you picking in the super Bowl this year?
Speaker 3: It's funny. I didn't know who was playing in the super Bowl until they asked me before I talked to Oral.
Speaker 4: And that just says everything, because nobody cares about this Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: I grew up with Cleveland Browns fan.
Speaker 4: They don't ever say that again. I'm a Browns fan. You've been through a lot.
Speaker 3: I'm from Ohio.
Speaker 4: Who's your quarterback?
Speaker 3: Who's the Browns quarterback right now?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 4: Shador Sanders? Is that this guy, it's Sanders, this guy. I don't watch it. Watch I agree.
Speaker 3: I mean, I know it's Seattle Seahawks versus Patriots. I know Tom Brady doesn't play anymore. Okay, Russell Wilson is no longer in Seattle.
Speaker 4: I bought this guy in my gambling pool. You know, maybe get him over with some squares.
Speaker 3: Dad, you're just stealing from me at that, Yeah, exactly, that's not cool.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, but you could help the school fund.
Speaker 3: No, I got the yogurt pouch fun right now. Sons eat those things more than chicken nuggets.
Speaker 4: Speaking of chicken nuggets, yep, here's something raisin canes or Chick fil A.
Speaker 3: Okay, two different categories.
Speaker 4: Really, it's chicken tenders versus chicken sandwich chicken nuggets. I love the nuggets.
Speaker 3: No, No, if you're going to Chick fil a spicy chicken sandwich with the regular chicken sandwich with Polynesian.
Speaker 4: Sauce, not Chick fil A sauce.
Speaker 3: No, it's like I go to Polynesian and then the random mix up of Chick fil A sauce, but raisin cane It's it's a caniac subs to the coal sloth for an extra Texas toast sauce.
Speaker 4: I know my order there, geez, that's amazing.
Speaker 3: It's funny. It was only it was Raisin canes was like a Southern thing, right, and now they're starting to pop up more. Are therese there one here?
Speaker 4: There's home, my old church right there? On to paying follow me home? All right, Okay, thank you Tanner. Great to see.
Speaker 3: You, Great to see you.
Speaker 4: Hey the Harry, I'm gonna sign a ball for you.
Speaker 3: Here, sign my bottle? Do you have do you have a do you have a sharpie?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Do you have a sharpie? He's gonna sign my water bottle.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna want a picture him.
Speaker 3: The thing is, I'm gonna put it into my walker and see if the cleaner s throw away?
Speaker 4: Yes, exactly. How dare you Tanner? Scott loves to hate me?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I don't love to hate you.
Speaker 4: I mean.
Speaker 3: You're you're you're not bad. To talk to him?
Speaker 4: Thank you. I'll take to talk to but yeah, I'll take that.
Speaker 3: I'll take all choke.
Speaker 4: Hey, I'm the only guy that is letting the secret out that this Dodger bullpen is going to bring the hammer down this year.
Speaker 3: We're still live right now? Right?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Can I call over Will for a second?
Speaker 4: Will Smith? Hey, break him out of hibernation, Will, Will? Will come out of hibernation? Will Can you come here for a second?
Speaker 5: Come over here?
Speaker 3: No, one second?
Speaker 4: You're two inmate's calling you over here?
Speaker 5: You can't.
Speaker 4: If you're a real teammate, you would come over here, Will Smith.
Speaker 3: I just want to know.
Speaker 4: Guy hits a game winning home run. It's too big for radio. Now, guy hits a game winning home run? Too big for radio? All right, I'm gonna sign this water bottle for Tanner Scott.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna see if the cleaner throw it out. Do you think the cleaners throw it out? Yes? Yes, yes, Hey, the cleaners go. What are you writing to?
Speaker 5: Tanner? Good luck?
Speaker 3: I don't want your phone number, Dave? What number? What's your favorite number? You gotta put a number on there? You got your favorite number? Yeah? You got there's no you're just signing it. Are you just gonna put a microphone? That would be cool. Snail Zilla's that's taken. Snails, that's taken. You can't it's taken. It's someone already wears that. You gotta pick a new one, new one. Just put a one in from Oh that's that's show. Hey, no, you can't do seventy one either, who's seventy one?
Speaker 4: How about River Ryan? That's my pick to click?
Speaker 3: Can't so you gotta add another number? All right, that doesn't even exist.
Speaker 4: Eight hundred and seventy seven. There we go, all right, Tanner, Scott, it's always a thrill. You don't even have any pool to get Will Smith on the show.
Speaker 3: No, honestly, he was like, Dave, I know that's not that's not my fault. I'll go talk to him inside. Yeah, see how his family's doing. Yeah, he doesn't want to talk to you.
Speaker 4: See how many? How many works a sentence? Oh no, no, sorry, we don't have time. Nobody's coming back, Tanner. Tanner, you know what my mantra is in life? They always come crawling back. Hey, who has come crawling back? I have one question the world series here Will Smith fake?
Speaker 3: I'm out on this one. Thank you, guys.
Speaker 4: You don't have any questions for him.
Speaker 3: How's how's the fam? How's perfect? Here you go? Will Smith?
Speaker 4: See Tanner, thank you, thank you for roping them in. I signed a water bottle for him for coming on. Wow. We're live.
Speaker 3: Oh sorry, we're live.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Usually you pre record these, I know, but this is live. It's Dodger Fest.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 4: Great, all right to be able to try you in. You know, I'm the one guy that has kept your name alive this offseason.
Speaker 5: Ross.
Speaker 4: Ross is on like a world tour, every radio station, every TV station you turn on, Rajas, he deserves the shine.
Speaker 3: Absolutely do.
Speaker 4: But I have been your spokes a spokesperson all season long. Sports Net LA, Dodger Talk, MLB Network. I'm speaking for you. I'm your Will Smith promoter.
Speaker 3: Perfect.
Speaker 4: Do you feel it? Do you need me to do the rest of the interviews?
Speaker 3: Answer for me?
Speaker 4: You'd be right here and I'll answer for Will Smith. How did it feel real to hit that home run? Unbelievable? I was in the moment. I never let it get too out of hand, and I saw I saw the vision. I saw it on the other side of the wall. That's right, exactly. Do you like that? Love it?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 4: How many times have you watched the replay of your home run?
Speaker 3: Probably a few.
Speaker 10: It just showed up on your shields or something. But yeah, I need to watch the whole game. I want to do that. I want to watch the whole game, go back and just enjoy it, see every little moment.
Speaker 3: Obviously the homer, but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Will Smith World Series hero is our guest. It's weird how you and Miguel Rojas will forever be linked in baseball history because you both hit huge home runs, but you both were on both ends of a huge play at the plate. Yep, him in field in throwing out Isaiah kind of filefa your foot almost coming off the play.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was scared me.
Speaker 4: Have you watched that play?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Does it give you anxiety every time?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm still like waiting for the call to say no, we got that role or going back. But yeah, I mean honestly, in the moment, I didn't realize it came off the ground at all, like just did. But obviously got it back down and yeah, they play Migey May that was incredible, and you know, and field in kind of a tweeen or hot falling backwards making a good throw. It was was just ancre and obviously we needed it.
Speaker 4: So yeah, when you guys look back at the World Series, especially Game six in Game seven, there were so many moments where you could not have been the winners of that World Series. Yeah, the PA has a key K collision. Yep, justin Dean the ball getting stuck in the wall. Has that sunk in that they were when they talk about baseball being a game of inches, it was a game of inches for you to win.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it absolutely was. I mean that's how you know good the Blue Jays were how good we were. It was two really good teams going at it, and it was you who was going to catch that little edge and and and prevail.
Speaker 4: Before I let you go. I had Mike Soshan the show a couple of weeks ago. He's caught more games than any other Dodger in franchise history. He said, as a catcher on that play at the plate, you're taught to keep your foot in the middle of home plate? Is that what you were thinking as well? Yeah, what's the routine there? Yeah, I mean it's hard. It's hard because it's, you know, flat on the ground. It's not like first base where you're standing on top of it. But yeah, I mean you're taught to be in the middle. You know, you're taught really to find the base first, right, like find the base. I'm not you're watching Miggy make the play, but you're finding home plate, you're not searching for it. And then you're trying to keep your foot down. You're expecting a bad throw. It was a good throw, but you don't know if it's either.
Speaker 10: You're left, you're right high, a short hob so you're expecting a bad throw.
Speaker 3: And that's what I did.
Speaker 4: Hey, Will Smith out of hibernation after his eleventh inning, game winning home run for the Dodgers, back to back World Series champion, three times World Series champion. Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate it. I'm happy you haven't forgotten the little people. And they want to take a photo live on the radio.
Speaker 5: Can we do that?
Speaker 4: Here we go, Will Smith smiling, smiling with me.
Speaker 3: That never a smile, not a mile with you.
Speaker 4: No, that's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 10: They want you to go somewhere else. You're a big deal now, I told him after about three minutes, come fool.
Speaker 4: All right, sounds good. Thank you can. I'll still be there for you whenever you need me to talk. I'll be there, all right, There he goes Will Smith. My guy, this guy without that guy, the Dodgers don't win the World Series in the eleventh inning a game winning home run. All right, that's a great way to end hour two. We've got the final hour of Dodger Talk coming up. Mookie Betts is going to lead us off to start the one o'clock hour. Freddie Freeman and show Hey o'tani are expected to join us as well. It's been a great day at Dodgers Stadium. Hold on, hold on, Oh, hold, Kim wants to come on. Hold on, We're not going to go to break yet, Kim. I put the breaks to the commercial break. We're live. We don't just it's not podcast. You know, we have rules and boundaries. Here Dean his interpreters here, Dean, can you please explain to Kim this is like a real thing because as you go live.
Speaker 5: Well, and.
Speaker 4: I think it only for you. Kim the kitchen and me down, Kim, do you know what I do when I walk into the clubhouse? Do you actually know what I do?
Speaker 11: The kid touch a poisoning?
Speaker 4: You don't think? I just show up and you know, make you laugh, You.
Speaker 11: Give under that you know you had, only, of course, very well aware of.
Speaker 4: I have one question for Kim here. Will there be a rematch between you and Dave Roberts in spring training.
Speaker 11: Because spring today and come up. Yeah, it's not my choice to do the rematch.
Speaker 4: It's it's up to uh, Dave Roberts.
Speaker 11: So if he ever wants to race again, I'm open to it.
Speaker 4: Kim, if Dave Roberts started at second base, what do you have a better chance of beating you? I'm doing you a check as.
Speaker 3: Oh John, never.
Speaker 11: Them when they you do base guys, how much do the one bomm hendicating? Yeah, I think that's too much of a handicapped I think understanding that he was a really good runner as a player in the past, I think giving him that much ground, I.
Speaker 4: Don't think it's easy for me. Kim wants more playing time. He's not gonna say that, you know, he wants to get some more playing time. Thank you for stopping. Great to see you. You're one of my favorite people than you.
Speaker 5: Appreciate so much. I got I'm me too.
Speaker 4: Oh, thank you, Kim, appreciate it. There he goes head song Kim and Dean his translator and is a good friend and a Baseball Operations Pacific rim visionary. All right, we got Mookie Betts coming up in the second hour. We got more Dodger talk at till one o'clock right here on AM five seventy LA Sports