Speaker 1: The News Chunkie starts now.
Speaker 2: It is Tuesday, August fourth and twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: Wats to get to today?
Speaker 2: From something new and sexy to a woman finds a flock camera in a bizarre location in New Nolan Wells. Bombshells are on the way, plus your calls, dispatches, emails, texts and more. Sea Lane is here, so is Josh Today you're here with us as well. I hope you can send us a dispatch over at thedewschunky dot com or in the app right now. You can also watch the show on YouTube and twitch dot tv.
Speaker 3: Slash the News Chunkie.
Speaker 4: Your message is rolling right of the studio at a real time and it is a friends as you know, a share the show Tuesday. Now, it's right, let's share the show. Everybody gonna share the show Tuesday. How's everybody I'm doing on a Tuesday? Oh?
Speaker 3: Pretty good? Good good good good?
Speaker 4: My head's up display of the intro didn't show up, so I had to old fashioned read it off the.
Speaker 3: Sheet, had no idea what I was doing there? Didn't sound right? Yeah? Did it sound professional? Did everything sound good?
Speaker 5: It's almost like you do it every day and don't need to read it. I need to read it.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 4: I do live reads every day, and I still look at the script and you think I'm you know, I'm not kidding when I tell.
Speaker 3: You all I do or anything.
Speaker 6: That's why they're called live reads and not live memorizes.
Speaker 4: True. Yeah, memorizing is for losers, folks. Okay, we'll get to that. Well we actually we won't get to whatever that is, but we will get to a lot of stuff today. On a very very busy Share the Show Tuesday. Let's start off as we always do. Let's put our ears to the ground, our fingers on the pulse, let see what's happened to this great, big wide world of ours. And we go to the Toronto Blue Jays in the Houston Astros.
Speaker 3: Did I get that right? Just out of curiosity?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Those are Yeah. No, I just saw t O R at h o U.
Speaker 6: Oh, good job.
Speaker 4: And then I saw Bieber, but I was pretty sure that's not justin Bieber, So you did not go that far.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: There's somebody uh on the mound here pitching and uh and a ball comes in the batter as they say, wallaps it and hits himself a home run, or so he thinks.
Speaker 8: Here we go, swinging a fly ball deep right center, Miles Straws sprinting.
Speaker 3: Back at the wall.
Speaker 4: He got him, He got him. There's just one minor problem. The guy who hit it still thinks he got a home run.
Speaker 3: And he's got it. Tremell is running all the way around.
Speaker 8: I don't know if I've seen that though a guy I under celebrating he caught. Maybe he thought it disappeared behind the glove, over the fence and you're so locked in you're not paying attention to you.
Speaker 3: Oh he do.
Speaker 4: That is tough, that that is. He goes all the way around, gets to home base, jumps on it with two feet, celebrating his home run, and then he looks up and goes, oh, son of a bitch, I wish that the shadow cast by his hat wasn't so dark, and like you could see his eyes a little better, because there's there is definite.
Speaker 3: Like what it's a deer at headlines.
Speaker 4: But he's like, oh God, I ran around, I did a shimmy, I did a couple of plis, prayed to God, you know, up up to the heavens. The he did all of the things, and then he realized right when he crossed home plate that he didn't actually hit home run, and then he just gets mike.
Speaker 3: Or horns or music.
Speaker 4: He went all the way around the pat like, oh the man, did you see him go through all of the phases of grief. You know, he's at first he's like, wait, he's questioning things.
Speaker 6: I like the announcer kind of calling him dumb, where he's like there was no smoke or horns or music, and he just kept going.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you, if I caught a ball that good and hit it over the wall and I thought I got a home run, I could be caught. In this case, I would have been just as excited as.
Speaker 8: This thing before home player and then said, hey, why is no one I was getting mad and standing there in the dug out.
Speaker 3: To pick up certain bases. You know, it's just like, God, that's embarrassing. I don't know. I think he's going to just swap bargaining for some extra anger.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, but that you shouldn't be embarrassed. You really hit the ball very far. That's the thing about this.
Speaker 5: In sports, baseball players they're supposed to hit the ball very far. They're on Major League teams. That's true. That is true, Sea Lane. But here's the deal.
Speaker 4: Like when I see someone of this, I go, you still did something very impressive. I want to patch you on the back. Congratulates what you say to me if I hit the ball that far, No, even him, that's still a great feed. I say, you know, congratulations, this is an amazing feed.
Speaker 3: I'm so happy that you did this. Good feed baseball player. Yeah, indeed, there we go.
Speaker 4: Taylor tram touched every base before realizing he did not hit a home run.
Speaker 3: Kind of sad in a.
Speaker 4: Way, that's upside down. Aaron says, you guys just booted the penthouse straight off Real Radio ninety two to one oh West bomb Beach. I mean, we don't have any control over that. I don't know what's going on down there. Maybe they're like moving things around or something.
Speaker 3: Are you listening on the station station?
Speaker 5: You're listening on iHeart because sometimes when our iheartstreams go down, they cross wires.
Speaker 4: They yeah, something flips and flops and they put different shows on, or they're about to do to us what I said. They did it at California radio station yesterday. You know what I mean, just like annihilation everybody's out, speaking to everybody's out. Josh is here with us on to share the show Tuesday to be I'm tired. Yeah, we we thought we'd just bring you in for the special occasion. Now Tuesdays now with one hundred percent more Josh, everybody around. Yeah, let's get excited Tuesdays with a hundred percent more Josh.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. He will be with us here on the show. So get get excited, get thrilled about that. You can tell us what you think about all of this with your dispatches over at the news junkie dot com. Steel And you're not yet to the point where a little Jackson has to be buttoned up and sent off to school just yet. All right, he is not not being pushed off to school just yet.
Speaker 3: I'm about a fortnight away from that.
Speaker 5: No, for real, he's going to like a day school, Okay, oh, really like a couple days a week, just like a little bit of a you know, make some friends, you know.
Speaker 3: Socialize them, socialize.
Speaker 5: You know, yeah, learn to be in a classroom situation. We're terrified because he does not listen very well. Well, but it's good.
Speaker 4: And it's needed like here, I'm what happens when you don't socialize a little boy, and you're what happens when you socialize a little boy. So, because you can understand the lessons here, hugging, big, lovable guy, everybody likes some you know, So that's what you want Jackson to be. Probably Jackson's gonna tower over them hit Lands. Yeah, it's true. Yeah, he's big. He's a big boy. He's gonna knock him all down. He might have to boost him up a grade or something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, some some parent you know at the the playground was like, oh is he in vp K already?
Speaker 3: And she's like he's two And she's.
Speaker 5: Like, oh, oh, oh, I thought he was an adult.
Speaker 3: I already brought him an ebike.
Speaker 4: So, very very soon you'll be sending him off to the big house.
Speaker 3: That's not what they call school.
Speaker 6: Why did I say, that's what they called jail.
Speaker 5: Hopefully you will not be setting him up to this. He's a little too young to think of school as jail. That was more of a middle school or high school joke that we all told. And less Things Phillips Federal Penitentiary.
Speaker 4: And less Things go really poorly for his first couple of weeks in school then and then true, but he will be going off to this preschool thing, and eventually we headed off to school. And right now we've got a lot of parents who are listening to the show.
Speaker 3: And when I saw this this morning.
Speaker 4: I go, oh god, I know that was nowhere close, nowhere close to what my parents had to go to.
Speaker 3: Ohy said, there.
Speaker 5: Are all the parents right now are planning their first day of school.
Speaker 3: Social media posts, their drinks, they're there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there, Margaret is setting up the camping chairs. Uh so you could watch the bus drive away with your child and yeah, toasts.
Speaker 4: All us families expect to spend nearly one thousand dollars on average to ship their kids back to school this year.
Speaker 3: Is that regardless of grade? It doesn't.
Speaker 4: I think it's just generally on average, the national average family families across the country, Our families across the country.
Speaker 3: It's early across America.
Speaker 4: Okay, families across the country are plenty to outspend the national average of nine hundred and twenty two dollars last year, which includes buying clothes, tech equipment for after school activities, books, school supplies, and one time purchases to get your kids back to school, and it's so crazy to think about it. One thousand dollars, I know, for me, getting back to school the next year was sort of this exciting thing. But one thousand dollars would be like out of the question, Like we wouldn't be anywhere near that. My shoes couldn't be anywhere near what everybody else was. I think I got like thirty five or forty dollars as my budget for my shoes. You couldn't get like the expensive Nikes or something, because they just kept them. Now they're outrageous now they're like two hundred, three hundred dollars for some of them. But then I would have to get like, here's a one hundred dollars We're going to Target or at the time maybe Kmart, and we're loading up on all of the things, and then my parent and would be like, Okay, well you don't need a backpack. And this was the curse of the Jan sport. People wonder why everybody still has jaan sports. Somebody mentioned Jan sports or backpacks that are in chat. The curse of the Jan sport is that those sons of bitches last so long. You can literally hand them down to your kids. They also have a lifetime warranty.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 5: I know if you have a Jam sport and it like rips for whatever reason, they're made so big that yeah, they will. My roommate when we used to play gigs together, he kept a lot of his gear in a Jan Sport backpack, and his backpack finally gave out, like it was he just used the hell out of it, and he's like, I think they have a lifetime warranty on these, and he looked it up and he reached out to them, and the backpack that he had they didn't make anymore. So they just sent him like a brand new ball and ass backpack and he probably still sporting that thing.
Speaker 4: And trust me, my dad back in the day would save every lifetime warranty he ever got, so that would have happened.
Speaker 5: But it was like, you don't need this about time quaranty drawer. We got you a Jan Sport.
Speaker 4: You know, I got like the kids version of a Jan Sport in eleventh grade or something.
Speaker 3: Still going with that thing.
Speaker 4: It's quite a situation, but it's one thousand dollars for a lot of you parents. Now that's what the story says at least, but I want to hear from you parents today. Let us know is that above or below what you're expecting to spend? And what are the things that are mega expensive? What are the things that kids bitch about these days? Just bring us in as we get into some of the other drama and stuff that's going on in the world today.
Speaker 3: Speaking of that, people are angry at.
Speaker 4: Me about yesterday's show. I don't know why. I'm surprised, but some people are angry. Allow me to read their complaints very quickly. Bonnie says two tips at Thenewsjunkie dot com. Hi, sean podcast listener here. I was listening to Monday show about an ambulatory person using a wheelchair. I'm an ambulatory person who uses a walker daily in a wheelchair when I need to stand or walk for long periods. I have multiple sclerosis. Some good and some are really bad. I'm not lazy, and I'm not working the system as somebody who was once very active. I'm grateful eighty AA accommodations allowed me to remain an active member of society instead of staying home. I still work out in stretch every day. I'm learning how to swim again, and I'm probably more flexible than the average person. Before MS, my normal routine was swimming a mile before work, teaching all day, and then heading to a spin class. I'm currently on year twenty three. Jesus of my diagnosis. I'll stop here, Bonnie for just a second. I have a strangely enough your name is Bonnie. My mother's name is Bonnie. I grew up with my mother's best friend in Plattsburgh, New York, visiting her once a year, and we would always stop by and hang out with her.
Speaker 3: And she had multiple sclerosis.
Speaker 4: And on the first time or two that I can remember visiting her, there was nothing wrong with her at all. And by the last time I remember visiting her, she was like immovable a in a wheelchair. And I know what the cur looks like. I've seen it, you know, I understand it from that perspective. Just in case you think that I don't all right, she said, I love your show, but Monday's podcast really pissed me off. I don't think you're ignorant, just uninformed about the wide range of legitimate disabilities. Disabilities aren't always visible, and comments like yours are exactly why I was embarrassed to use mobility aids I needed for years. I hope you'll reconsider how you talk to people whose disabilities don't fit this stereotype. Thanks for reading, says Bonnie. Dustin says along the same lines, I was watching the stream when you talked about the lady in the wheelchair. I don't know her condition, but as somebody with MS and severe spinal trauma, it's hard to call out someone without knowing what they were dealing with.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll tell you both.
Speaker 4: And I'll tell anybody else who was listening to that some of you might not have seen the stream side of things. This woman does not have multiple sclerosis. She is not claiming to have multiple sclerosis. She is claiming to have a variety of untested and unseen diseases or issues, and she is She is in most of her photos not using in most of her videos, not using any sort of wheelchair. You have to understand that while I sympathize with you in your situation, there are legitimately a non insignificant number of people who will put themselves in wheelchairs when they do not physically need them. And just as I think you should be supported in every way, possible in actually needing a wheelchair at assistance through things. People who do this with stolen valor should be one billion percent called out. Trust me, there was enough information on that woman that she appears to be like a self diagnosed weirdo freak, and she was trying to get attention with a video of her in a wheelchair.
Speaker 3: I just yeah, I just don't. I don't think it's the same thing.
Speaker 4: I think there's a misconnection going on there somewhere.
Speaker 3: But you have to.
Speaker 4: Understand, with what I saw about this woman, she was faking. So that's why I called it out as it was. Thank you for your emails. Feel free to email always tips at the news junky dot com. It's like, where did that happen?
Speaker 3: Again?
Speaker 5: I know it was somewhere in England. I want to say Manchester, but I'm having a hard time finding the original video.
Speaker 3: It was like the Manchester.
Speaker 4: It was like the Manchester a subway station or something, so it was somewhere around there. Hailfire says, no, Sean, You're oh good, went by fast. Your response should be I am sorry for making assumptions.
Speaker 3: This is foolish.
Speaker 4: This is a foolish thing we utilize what's called information that we have in front of us. And when you see something like this and then look enough into somebody's background and look at what their footprint shows online, you can oftentimes come to a conclusion that's beyond just an assumption. And what you're doing is continuing decide on like I just believe her. I think she tried despite mounting evidence that you may or may not know about. So no, I think that this was nonsense. I don't think she needed to be in a wheelchair. I think she was in a wheelchair for attention. Think that's what she was doing. You'll see this at the airport a lot of times. You'll see it at you see the theme parks. You'll see people utilizing this, wearing it as an aesthetic, sometimes as weird as that sounds, or simply trying to get the benefits that people who are actually disabled to deserve. But that shouldn't be surprising to any of us, right. We see this with handicapped parking spots. Anything like this that's designed to help out people who need actual assistance in our life is taken advantage of by people who don't. So that's what's going on here anyhow, Kevin emails tips at the news junky dot com.
Speaker 3: Good morning Junkies.
Speaker 4: Last week you spoke about THCHC drinks getting pulled from the shelves on seven point thirty one here in Texas. However, only Delta eight and Delta ten products have been banned. Those are mainly gummies sold at vape stores. THHCA drinks are Delta nine. God, this is so confusing.
Speaker 6: That's true.
Speaker 5: So yeah, but there's no way that everybody would just be missing this mundane detail, like the actual liquor store are reaching out to their customers and going, hey, just so you know, coming soon or the opposite of comings leaving soon?
Speaker 3: Are these THHC drinks? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I did not know that Delta eight, Delta nine, Delta ten. I don't really know the difference between them. I'm not going to pretend to. But when you say he says they will remain legal after the November law, I don't know if that's true. I don't believe that that's true. Sea Line's talking about the liquor companies. They're well, not the liquor stores, the retail cliquer stores. The retailers who are going to be hit by this they're absolutely suggesting that the supply of their THHD drinks are going to dry up. So I don't know if you're right, Kevin. I mean, I could be wrong, but I'd like you to be right. I would love if I was just so wrong about this one. I'm a disabled veterans serving twenty years in the army, and I don't sleep much, but these drinks have been a godsend for me. True, I sleep well now with their help. I've always refused to take prescription medicines and medications and still won't. But Sean, you're wasting money with those celebrity endorsed and big name drinks. Be like Selane, I buy the Buddies nine to ninety nine for a four path. They have ten milligrams, taste good and get me way too high. He says, Still here every day. Love the show, Kevin in Texas. Thank you, Kevin. Appreciate that the windows wide open for you. Tips at thenewsjunkie dot com or record your comments as a dispatch over on the website when we come back. We got some big drama in elections today. I'll explain to you what's happening with that. More flock camera stuff. There's a weird one that I want to address when we come back, that somebody found a flock camera in the most bizarre place, And I want to ask you if you think this is a good place or a very very bad place to have one of these flock security cameras. So we'll get that into your world and see what you think about it is coming up next in the News Junkie. Learn more about the News Junkie go over to the website, which is Thenewsjunkie dot com. Got something to show off for you a little bit later on in the show. But uh, people do get mad. It's been kind of an interesting thing to watch people do get mad about these flock cameras. Right the cameras, if you don't know, they're stationed all over the place. I've seen now Sela and I saw a second person who was camped out in a little chair next to a flock camera like the other guy with a pole.
Speaker 3: You got that pieces up there.
Speaker 5: What did the other guy have blocking the flock camera When we pulled the video, it was hard to tell, but somebody had claimed that it was their pool skimmer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not the guy's pool skimmer.
Speaker 5: That he was just like in a camping chair holding this pool skimmer to block the thing.
Speaker 4: Like this guy was at home and he just got so mad about flock cameras. He grabbed his pool skimmer, headed over to the nearest flock camera and held it up to block it for a while.
Speaker 3: And then it's like, hey, what's your name. I'll bail you out if you end up been counting. Some guy drove by was feeling for that guy.
Speaker 4: And then I saw another situation, which is another guy sitting down in a chair and he's holding a big poll up that was blocking the flock camera. People are really really growing into a ball of hate over the flock cameras. The flock cameras are becoming the new data centers. There's rage here, all right. There's rage that is being channeled in different directions. Anti data center anti flock camera are two of the big channels.
Speaker 5: Right As far as the target of your rage, I would agree with that, But if we're staying in the respective lanes, I think the flock cameras, I mean, just kind of by virtue of what they do, are becoming the new facial recognition software. I don't want to go down there because they have facial recognition software. I don't know software recognizing my face right. There is some there's a couple of weird things about this. Now, just keep in mind before you go crazy. Sometimes people misunderstand where I'm coming from or something. I don't support flock cameras generally speaking. I think they could be useful for some stuff.
Speaker 4: I don't know that they should be webbed and networked like they are now in some situations. Let's say you have a lows that you're running and you keep getting robbed, and all you need to do is stop the thefts, and you know, it's like one or two people ruining everything, and you install a camera that keeps an eye on all the cars that come in and out of your parking lot. I think that's well within your rights to do as a business owner to try to stop people from stealing from you, And it's one step above shooting them, which would be, you know, the ultimate release in these situations, so nobody dies, you know, that's that's fine. The problem I have is when police abuse these situations, which has happened in multiple occasions already, where cops have been searching the flock system try to find hot girls that they saw in cars driving by, or you know, track their their ex husband's or their their new new husband's x YU for Various stories like that have popped up, and one hundred percent disagree with that.
Speaker 3: I don't think they should be doing that.
Speaker 4: But then sometimes I see things where people just are freaking out and I go, I don't know, this seems okay to me. Tell me how you feel about this. Here's a woman, she found a flock camera. She says it's in a very inappropriate place. Let's listen to her.
Speaker 9: So I decided to go to the gun range today, you know, like an American. And why there are block cameras pointing into the entrance of the parking lot, not the streets, not the street, into the entrance so they can read every license plate that comes in here.
Speaker 10: Yeah, no, I love this. I love this. I'm sure there's no ulterior motive behind this.
Speaker 4: All right, she screwed up aulterior, but you know what she meant, right, she goes into the gun range because she was what she said, I'm just American.
Speaker 3: She's trying to do the American bank.
Speaker 9: So I decided to go to the gun range today, you know, like an American.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so she just go to the gun range like an American.
Speaker 4: And when she pulls up the gun range, she notices these flock cameras on poles inside the parking lot of the gun range, and she goes, well.
Speaker 3: This doesn't seem right.
Speaker 4: There's no ulterior motives to this, I'm sure, she says sarcastically.
Speaker 3: And I start to moll over that a little bit. Again.
Speaker 4: I happen to think that we have to do this very careful balancing act of security versus privacy, right Like, there's a very very careful balancing act that we can do there. And you think that too, I may you know, maybe you don't understand that you do, but I bet you do, because you go, hey, what is the level of crime I'm willing to accept in my neighborhood. I guarantee you it's not one hundred percent crime in your neighborhood. Right. So then if you said, if you added a bunch of flock cameras and security cameras and that brought it down to zero, would you be okay with that?
Speaker 3: Maybe you might be. So there's a dance.
Speaker 4: Back and forth between privacy and security that people tend to do all the time. If you were going to put a flock camera out of place, wouldn't a gun range slash gun store be a decent.
Speaker 5: Location to So yeah, I mean not for nothing, but this also could be the gun range themselves making the decision that like, hey, we think it would be a smart idea for us as a facility to have these cameras. And like we've said before, just because you get the cameras doesn't mean you much like having a ring camera doesn't, you know, it doesn't mean you have to opt into letting the police department access all that data or letting you know, any other number of you know places that would have access to flock camera data.
Speaker 3: You could use it just for your own yes, this is you can use it for your your own business.
Speaker 5: And then it's important and if and you can, you can keep the data and you can keep the data to yourself. And then if there's an incident at the gun range, or if there's an incident involving guns in the community, the gun range can then go hey, listen, we want to help. Here is a window of our data that these flock cameras took and here are the people that have been going you know, here are the license plate, right, have been showing up this thing, and that's up to the gun range.
Speaker 3: We have to understand that some or the gun range just said screw it. Tell the cops everybody, everybody.
Speaker 4: We don't know, but some amount of security is good, right, Like, I don't think there's any of you because I see like Florida Scratcher on YouTube says, now I'll protect my own property.
Speaker 3: That's nuts. I don't think you believe that. I don't. I don't believe you believe that.
Speaker 4: So if they said we'll take every security camera, every like body cam, every everything away and there's no security apparatus in the United States of America anymore.
Speaker 3: That and you just protect your own property.
Speaker 4: With your own gun and your own security apparatus that you have on your property, you would think that is superior. Because I don't think many people would agree with that. I think we want some element of security, you know, we want We agree that cameras at banks make sense. Right, We're okay with a camera at the atm right, right, I think most people are you okay with cameras in certain places so you could keep an eye on things and things could be more secure. So I don't think that many people want them to completely be annihilated. I just think it's like, hey, we shouldn't be spying on people who aren't engaged in any sort of criminal activity and just catching them in a wider net if at all possible.
Speaker 3: I think that's the bigger struggle that people have.
Speaker 4: But if you're going to put a camera up in the gun stores that they want good security, They want to make sure they know what's going on. They could see, Oh, the person who stole the gun was in this color car, this license plate here is what they look like when they were driving out of the parking lot, and we could send that over to try to get somebody to get arrested out of that. But she was not happy with this. She's like, there's an ulterior motives or alternative.
Speaker 9: And tell me why there are Yeah, cameras pointing into the entrance of the parking lot, not the streets, not the street, into the entrance, so they can read every license plate that comes in here.
Speaker 10: Yeah, No, I love this. I love this. I'm sure there's no ulteria motive behind this either.
Speaker 3: All right, no alteria motive behind any of it.
Speaker 4: Let us know you think, is that a normal place to have a camera like this a smart place?
Speaker 3: Are you against it? Are you for it?
Speaker 4: Give us your thoughts, send it a dispatcher and an email over it tips at the Newsjunkie dot com. I'm sure these are more places. Have you, guys, seen any of these around your house? I haven't actually seen one in purpose and in person.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: I I know where some of the ones are, and so I've kind of looked for him and I've seen them, but I had not in the normal everyday habit of just noticing them, like, oh, there's a flock camera. I'm paying attention to the road.
Speaker 6: Have you seen these, Josh, only in like a home depot parking lot?
Speaker 3: Okay, I seen them on the road.
Speaker 4: If I go to most home depots, I will see one then.
Speaker 6: I think mainly lows, but a lot of home depots I'm sure have them now too.
Speaker 4: We know why, Like why home depots because they get stolen from a lot. That's why they started to have these things. That's the issue. Young Colombian I think is right on this. Over on TJ Chat, he says, I feel like it really comes down to how all the data is being used if flock cameras were simply cameras that only worked for the business owner to protect their property and their merchandise, and they kept all the information to themselves unless they wanted to hand.
Speaker 3: It over to police.
Speaker 4: I don't really think there'd be much of a backlash at all. I don't think people would get upset about that.
Speaker 3: But you know, we'll see what you think.
Speaker 4: Send us your feedback over on the website right now.
Speaker 5: See which brought up that John Oliver did a thing about these, I guess this week, last week tonight, something like that. I look forward to watching it because I think they do a good job on that show. And Pisenberg was texting me about it too, And maybe I'm not as right about the keeping your data from the cops as I'd like to be.
Speaker 3: But we'll see.
Speaker 4: All right, Yeah, we'll have to look into that. And if you've seen it and give us like a synopsis of it, let us know. I'm not gonna see it playing John Oliver's whole show or something. I didn't catch that just yet. I've watched a lot of people talking about I've seen a lot of the stories as this breaks through. But we'll see what your thoughts are when we come back, this is incredibly inappropriate. There are a lot of places where you don't need to be naked. And I'm going to put this up on the top of the list, number one with a bullet please don't do that.
Speaker 3: Why is this? Why is this the thing?
Speaker 4: I'll read the story for you that is going viral right now that is coming up next on the news Chunky, there are a lot of places where I just don't want to be naked. I'm just gonna I'm gonna put that out there. I'm gonna say that. And I was asking the chat during the break, Josh Sea Land. I was asking chat the folks who are watching the show live. I said, what's the most inappropriate place to be naked? And only one or two people got the place that's in this next viral story that we're going to talk about. But they proceeded to say some things that I was like, yep, that that isn't an appropriate place to be naked. That is Yes, we'll go through some of those, but first, this is a new place that is launched. What they say is an offering that people are really going to love. And it's a South Florida steakhouse that has announced their doing nude dining. They don't need that. They're doing nude dining at the South Florida steakhouse. It's called Hollywood Steakhouse. They're offering a nude dining experience. So I mean, there's got to be more to it than just being naked, if you're gonna call it an experience. I guess Class sua Rey steakhouse, which sounds like it's terrible that, you know, like a strip club, Josh. Every great steakhouse has a simple name. It doesn't have a name like Class sUAS Re steakhouse.
Speaker 3: Classes in all caps.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like Jimbo's or Morton's or you know outback right bur Burns, Yeah, Lindas Yeah, simple right, you know what you say, the Class Steakhouse. Now you've lost me, and now they want people to eat a delicious steak meal completely naked.
Speaker 3: I do not know why anybody would want to do this.
Speaker 4: If you do want to do this, I'm all ears, it's okay, So email dispatch sending your audio dispatches so we can hear what your thoughts are over at the news junkie dot com. Why on earth would anybody be in the audience of people that want to do this.
Speaker 3: Here's local tims around experiences, stripping away. Emphasis on stripping away the traditional meaning.
Speaker 10: Fine horsemeal is on the menu, but clothes are not.
Speaker 3: Local times Jeff to Darien is live in Hollywood.
Speaker 7: Was an exclusive look inside Jack give us the naked.
Speaker 11: Truth another pardon, Hey there, guys, I guess this gives new meaning to I just don't know what he quit sugar out Tonight, in about ninety minutes from now, customers will go inside this front door right here, into this steakhouse for a unique dining experience, naked dining.
Speaker 3: And it's legal.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I hope so.
Speaker 3: It's not legal.
Speaker 4: They will all be arrested and auled off to jail today.
Speaker 3: They will be leaving wearing handcuffs right Like. We know it's legal, we get that part of things.
Speaker 4: But the class private soire steakhouse is offering up a nude steak knife, and everything about this just seems gross to me. I don't want to sit in a seat naked. I don't want to sit in a seat where somebody else is sat naked. I don't want to sit near a steak knife naked. I like nothing about this draws me in like I was only a handful of things I actually want to.
Speaker 5: Do naked seal. I've never eaten a steak naked. I don't think I've eaten much naked. And I think if I suggested to my wife, like, hey, you know, kids going to bed early, what do you say we have our steaks naked, she'd be like, what the hell are.
Speaker 3: You talking about? Get out of here with that. It's stupid.
Speaker 4: It doesn't even it's not even an exciting thing. Like if you want to be naked, there's things to do naked, but eating steak is not one of them. And here's the kicker. All right, First of all, inter sexism. It's like inter sandman, but a little bit different. Tickets are two hundred and fifty dollars for men and one hundred and fifty dollars for women.
Speaker 3: All right, okay, two hundred and fifty dollars for men. Hold the phone here.
Speaker 5: Different pricing for men and women is something you do at a club where you're trying to meet people.
Speaker 3: So are you saying that now during naked steak night?
Speaker 5: This is also like some sort of it's supposed to be private, but they're making it sound much more social.
Speaker 3: But listen to this.
Speaker 4: It's two hundred and fifty dollars for men, one hundred and fifty dollars for women, and three hundred dollars for couples. Why do you think that is because they want single women to be there, yes, Or they want a couple if there's a If there's a man and a woman in a couple, you pay three hundred dollars, so that's one hundred and fifty apiece.
Speaker 5: Or they want to curb the amount of single men.
Speaker 4: Yes, because otherwise it's going to be a bunch of naked single men with their steak knives sitting there waiting for you know, their food to be served in front of them. That's probably gonna be the outcome. So they say, men pay two hundred fifty dollars, women pay one hundred and fifty dollars. A couple pay the couple's pay three hundred dollars. So that's that's what they do.
Speaker 6: Where is it.
Speaker 3: They're gonna sit on those chairs fully dressed. Let's do a new dinner. The diners not so much. They disrobed pretty much here, class pretty much here. That I mean, you don't know you're the you're the guy running.
Speaker 6: One guy he took his pants off on the sidewalk.
Speaker 3: It's like some people got a little exciting. House is the.
Speaker 12: Talk of the town and social media, not just because of the menu, but for what's not on it.
Speaker 3: The customers that is closed none. Is it choosing socks off first? Or how does it work? Well, we have a bathroom here. Murrat Ali is the chef and owner.
Speaker 12: He came up with the once a month concept to get new business, to generate some buzz and Chef Ali says, there is a market for this.
Speaker 3: And if you're saying is there, what are you kidding me? What do you want to say to those people who say that, please allow people to express themselves at our place.
Speaker 4: I had no idea where he was going with that, please allow people to express themselves that. I don't want to stop it. I just think it's not for me. I would never have any interest in doing this. If you would let us know why, Please explain to me the draw of this. What I can seem to find from any of their websites is why class is not only in all caps, but there's like there's periods after it. So they're like it stands for something. Okay, ladies and sexy studs.
Speaker 3: I don't think so. I don't think so.
Speaker 4: Let's let's take let's take that in for a second. Josh, do you think the people who actually would show up for nude dining at a steakhouse are going to be attractive human beings?
Speaker 6: Or now I'm sure they're attractive to someone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that.
Speaker 4: I think that if you stumbled in to the nude steak night, it would be exactly what you're expecting. Just picture, close your eyes. Picture That's exactly what it is, unless you're expecting a bunch of tens.
Speaker 3: Will that's not there? Before we're done here, do you find yourself staring at people? No, not at all. Yeah.
Speaker 12: Today the chef expects about twenty people men, women, some single, some not all of them nude.
Speaker 3: Dashiba Hart is your hostess.
Speaker 4: It's more so of a gathering to get to know people, new people in the city.
Speaker 3: I guess. So, were you cooking the nude ever or what? No? I love the Were you cooking? No, I'm not going to be naked? Pretty ridiculous, is.
Speaker 4: The professional establishment? Will all the people here be naked?
Speaker 3: Yes? Absolutely?
Speaker 4: Eating their steak with their steak knives and a bunch of single guys paying two hundred fifty dollars.
Speaker 3: Would you try it? Let us know what you think. Why would this be a thing.
Speaker 4: Go to the news junkie dive and send us your dispatch right now?
Speaker 3: Would you guys do it?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 4: What if your wife was like, this is really important to me, No, I think you would.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: They're going to be really important to her, I know, but if it was, if it was and she sat you down, she's like, look, I really want to do this is really important to me.
Speaker 3: I really want to do nudes take night.
Speaker 4: And and you don't you know, you don't give me a lot, give me this one thing.
Speaker 5: Here you go, I'll do it. What do you think would happen if I gave her that speech?
Speaker 3: She would say no?
Speaker 4: Obviously, yeah exactly, yeah, yeah, Because if she wants to do it, then that's fine. But if you want to do it, you want her to go along with it's totally different.
Speaker 3: We all understand that, right. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Sure, for a guy to be there, it's not that big of a deal. But if a woman's going to be there, all the guys are going to be looking at that woman much more so that they're gonna be then they're go'n be looking at you if you're.
Speaker 3: Just a guy there. That's at least how I.
Speaker 4: Think this would go. Maybe you've been to one of these and you could give us your experience. You could tell us about that too. Tips tips at the news junkie dot com. Not for me and quite expensive, honestly, one hundred and fifty dollars isn't that expensive for a steak dinner for the full meal depends? Yeah, drinks, I'm hoping. What do you get at this place? It says you don't wear any clothes, You get a yummy meal. One hundred and fifty dollars for women, three hundred dollars for couples. If you're a dude by yourself. Two hundred three oh five star experience, dripping with class and elegance.
Speaker 5: Dripping, Yeah, that sounds good. Nobody wants to hear dripping when everybody's gonna be naked.
Speaker 3: Maybe you do. Some people might let us know.
Speaker 4: We're gonna get into your reactions momentarily here on the show quick break. When we come back, we'll talk about the big story of the day. I got a woman's who's very angry inside a department store. We'll see what she's angry about. We got a bunch of things to dive into, and that's coming up next in the news Junkie, I've got some clips to play for you here in a moment but quick little piece of information for you here.
Speaker 3: Excited about this, I gotta tell you.
Speaker 4: I might have said this before, but this is legitimately my favorite thing we've ever made as a show, my favorite piece of merch at all. There's a new limited edition magnet available for folks who want to support the show, and it's called Starry Night. It's gorgeous, absolutely stunning. Is it too far away, sea line? Hang on, let me bring it up here. I think I can bring it up in front of me here so we could show people on the stream at least what's going on with this. On the website, you can see a link on under Join the show that says Game of Magnets, and it'll show you all of the magnets in the history of this show. There are fifty. After the next round, there'll be fifty six thousand of them out there in the wild, as we call it. And with game of Magnets. If you see these on somebody's vehicle or are out there in the real world, just bump, How did I zoom it so far?
Speaker 3: I broke everything that was weird?
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, there there it is, so you'll see these. There's so many different designs, and it says the news Junkie on it. If you see it on somebody's car, that means it's in play. If it's on somebody's bumper, snag it Game of Magnets. That's how this works. It has been going on for a very, very long time. The new design is called Starry Night. It's incredibly limited and the only way to get it is to subscribe to a premium account unlocking secret shows over on the newsjunky dot com. It's as little as two ninety nine a month. When you subscribe to a premium account and support the show, it allows you to collect one merch item after you're done. And I would I would encourage you to do this, a super limited, super rare Starry Night mag It looks so amazing. Go look at it over on the newsjunky dot com and the Game of Magnets section over there. I think you're gonna absolutely love it. If you're already a supporter, then you can gift subscriptions to other people and for each one you can claim you know one magnet, or you can claim you know different stickers and pins and all different stuff that we have up. There's a big selection of exclusive merch If you subscribe, or if you are a gifter and I love this one, I think you will too, the Starry Night Magnet. Go look at it for yourself thenewsjunkie dot com slash game Dash of Dash Magnets, or just click the link under join the show on the neewschunki dot com and you'll see it.
Speaker 3: And it's so easy.
Speaker 4: All you have to do is, you know, follow is the directions to subscribe on the website of the homepage, or click the gift coon to gift and presto bango.
Speaker 3: You're all set just like that. Anyhow, Thank you, folks, Thank you.
Speaker 4: The list of people who are subscribing to supporting is massive right now, but we'll try to work those names in at the end of the show. I do want to talk about a couple of things here. One is the dispatches that are coming in. We're going to get to these We're still doing the rate my Blank, which for this week is rate my Dad joke. But if you want to submit yours, your competition is slim right now.
Speaker 3: We haven't had any real bangers just yet.
Speaker 4: I don't know what I'm expecting, but there's going to be better submissions, probably today. I would guess there's probably gonna be some better ones that are coming in here in the next little bit. We'll see what you think about it. So yeah, you could send yours over at the news junky dot com. Let me play something for you and you can tell me if you think I'm crazy here, it's fine. I want you to be honest. I want you to be dead honest. After hearing this clip, all right, here we go. This is from a recent I think as SmartLess was doing one of their podcasts and they had Jonah Hill on stage, and this, to me was an example of absolute deluge usion that people get in Hollywood, just complete delusion. And here's Jonah Hill talking in the latest episode of smartlest.
Speaker 13: I love Brazilian jiu Jitsu, I love except my body is begging me to not love it. Forty two isn't My wife is often like, you're not going to become like a professional fighter.
Speaker 3: You know that, right, Like you're a comedian. Like, but let me ask you something. If we got into it, I fuck you up. Yeah I would. Yeah. And that's the best part. My favorite thing is people are.
Speaker 13: Like, oh, Jonah Hill, that guy from super bell and I'm like, I would annihilate that.
Speaker 3: I'm not kidding. Every fight riot, if you see me.
Speaker 4: Try it, fight ends up on the ground. Who's got it right right? All right here? Now you understand what's going on. So Jonah Hill has decided that now that he's been participating in I don't know for how long Brazilian jiu jitsu, that he can defeat all comers, that he would just annihilate all of these guys on the stage, which, by the way, Will Arnett's a pretty decent sized guy. Yeah, Will Will Arnett is like in decent shape. And Will Arnett, I know, people don't give him credit for it. If you job from Arrested Development, Will Arnett is a pretty big guy. And Jonah Hill thinks this is very much Hollywood mine. I've done Brazilian jiu jitsu, and of course none of these people are being easy on me at all because I'm a famous person, right, I've done Brazilian jiu jitsu, so I can kick all of your asses right now, I think, tell me if I'm crazy, I think I could kick Jonah Hill's ass.
Speaker 3: I think I could. Aren't you just doing what he's doing?
Speaker 4: No, I'm looking at Jonah Hill or it's different for you because you're not in Brazilian jiu jitsu. I don't think Jonah Hill's version of Brazilian jiu jitsu ever many months he's into it, is going to do for him what he thinks it is. I don't know that Jonah Hill, and here's the kicker to the Brazilians, even like super Bad.
Speaker 3: Why are they going easy on me because he's famous. I don't even think I might be wrong.
Speaker 4: I'm doing a little bit of assuming here, but I don't think a person like Jonah Hill has ever been in a fight. He doesn't strike me as a guy who's like, ever been in a real fight in his life.
Speaker 3: And then you go to some Brazilian.
Speaker 4: Jiu jitsu classes you're like, I could kick everyone's ass. I don't think that's the case. Now, Just in case you start running wild here with this, I want you to know something about me. If you are a Brazilian jiu jitsu star and you have been doing Brazilian jiu jitsu for like five years, and you like you actually fight and spa other people and you're not jonah Hill, I'm not saying I could beat you up.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying that.
Speaker 4: There's no skill in Brazilian jiu jitsu. I see the MMA guys. All those UFC guys could kick my ass. I'm not saying they can't. The only thing I'm saying is I still think I can beat up Jonahill. I still think I would win in a fight against Jonahill because I don't think he's actually learning any of this stuff. I think he's learning as much as your little kid when you drop him off to karate class.
Speaker 5: Whoa, whoa, I learned plenty of karate. I did not mean to hit you with astray there. No, it's funerable.
Speaker 3: I didn't. I didn't mean that.
Speaker 4: I'm saying I don't believe that this guy is some sort of threat that the people around him. I think Will Arnett is way bigger than him, and if I had to put money on one of them in a fight, I would say that Will Arnett would kick his out.
Speaker 6: Jiu jitsu people would tell you it's not about size, it's about how you maneuver.
Speaker 4: It's about how you maneuver. And don't they they like do the grappling right exactly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they go to the floor and they roll around and do arm bars and whatnot.
Speaker 4: And they will get me and they'll get me an arm bar. Do you think Jonah Hill could beat you up?
Speaker 3: Josh uh.
Speaker 6: He has a lower center of gravity than me.
Speaker 3: He could take me to the ground. Probably.
Speaker 4: I would bet a hundred dollars that you would win in the outcub of you.
Speaker 3: Versus Jonah Hill.
Speaker 6: That's very nice of you.
Speaker 4: I don't think I'm being nice really, I mean, I know, hold on, why am I refusing that? I'll take that. Yes, I am being nice. I'm a generous and nice man. But I just think this is reality slapping people in the face. Now, all you bragilion are a Brazilian like a brigilion, All you Brazilian jiu jitsu. And then the blond said, how many is a Brazilian? All you Brazilian jiu jitsu people come at me.
Speaker 5: But just somewhere somewhere, somebody just hit cancel on their dad joke said.
Speaker 4: That all of you come at me, but please understand, don't be like the wheelchair emails or anything that happened at the beginning of the show. Understand the entirety of my point is not that I can beat up Brazilllion jiu jitsu people, not that somebody very skilled that it couldn't take me out in a fight or pin me or get me in an arm bar or whatever. My sole and only point is that Jonah Hill is a Hollywood celebrity who is having a fever dream that he's actually good at Brazilian jiu jitsu. And I with my fight history, my history as a kickboxer, just in case you're new around here as a boxer, all the fights that I've been into in my actual life, and keep in mind, fought fought Florida State Golden Gloves, fought boxing for about six years or something.
Speaker 3: Half of Oasis beat up one of the guys from Oasis. Ladies and gentlemen, you be true, did you beat him?
Speaker 8: Beat him?
Speaker 4: Not technically, but I was young and it was a It was more of a roll around fight, which technically would be like Brazilian jiu jitsu actually, but uh.
Speaker 3: I was uh.
Speaker 4: We rolled around. He tackled me. Noel Gallagher tackled me. We rolled around, and then I shoved him and he shoved me.
Speaker 3: I was fifteen years old.
Speaker 4: And then his bodyguard definitely got the best of me, so that that side of it, I did not win.
Speaker 3: So we'll see what you think about this.
Speaker 4: Do feel free to reach out tell me how wrong I am, or maybe you think I'm right. I think some of you Brazilian jiu jitsu people will be like, no, he's right. He like, if you're truly trained and very good at this, that's one thing. But if you're like a Hollywood star and they're blowing smoke up your ass, that's a completely and totally different thing. All Right, there's lots of dad jokes coming in for our rate my blank. Should we give a couple of them a shot? Here?
Speaker 5: Yeah, for him and then not play him?
Speaker 4: I know I want to. Here's finn Fan with a rate my dad joke.
Speaker 3: Dad joke.
Speaker 14: So these two sperm were swimming next to each other. They got real tired, and one sperm asked the other sperm said, hey, way to the fallopian tube. The other sperm said, fillopian tube. We're not even past the esophagus yet. Wiggle pop up.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, you heard that one.
Speaker 6: Can you send a follow up dispatch explaining in detail every part of that joke?
Speaker 3: You got it?
Speaker 8: You see.
Speaker 3: Here's another one.
Speaker 4: Here's oh god, I can already see the transcript on this one.
Speaker 3: Here's crazy drug cality, high news junkies. Hey.
Speaker 8: I'm usually really bad at jokes, but this one's always stuck in my head.
Speaker 3: Okay, must be good.
Speaker 15: What's red and green and spinning really fast?
Speaker 1: A frog and a blender?
Speaker 3: Have a good day, all right?
Speaker 4: Not not going on the list, meow.
Speaker 3: My father once told me that humans eat more bananas than monkeys, and I don't think that's true because I've never seen a human eat a monkey. It's kind of funny.
Speaker 4: Gosh, I'm a bookmark that one because those better than the other ones, which are have not been very good, not not very good.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 3: One more, let's see, here's Vicky. Go ahead.
Speaker 16: A little fun fact. Cooy fish travel in groups of four, the A, the B, the C, and the D, and in case of danger, the A, the B, and the C will scatter, leaving behind the dcoy wiggle pop pop, hmm, I like it.
Speaker 3: Let's not ad the d koy.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, okay, yeah.
Speaker 3: Not great, not not great.
Speaker 4: Well I didn't get it, So that was I was thinking D E C O Y, and then I connected the dots exactly.
Speaker 3: Then then I land you were thinking the thing that the joke.
Speaker 4: Led you to think, and then I got to the actual actual thing. Here's one more. Here's a Sean.
Speaker 17: Hello, Sean Sea lay and maybe Josh, here's my submission of dad joke of the week. This is Sean or scene from Indiana. What do you call a magician that's lost his magic?
Speaker 3: Ian?
Speaker 4: Josh is cracking too easy? You gotta keep a stiff up my whip.
Speaker 6: I have a whimsy in my heart.
Speaker 16: All right.
Speaker 4: I'm bookmarking that one. Where did that come from? Just decided to bring it today. I'm bookmarking that one day only. Last one from now here, here's Willie Cammith.
Speaker 18: Hey, junkies, maybe this will count as a dad joke. You got three old ladies or at the park sitting on a bench heeding the pigeons. All of a sudden a guy runs by and he flashes all three old ladies, two of them immediately had a stroke, but the third just couldn't reach.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, there we go.
Speaker 4: That was I mean, I get it, just so do I have to prove that I get them on the doors because explain to you what what was going on in this circumstance. I get it, But I just I think we could do better. I think we can go further than that.
Speaker 3: We will. We will please stop sending in the snoop dogg one.
Speaker 4: Please, I beg of you, stop sending the snoop dog one. Yes, yes, it's not even the first time we've gotten it. All right, Well, we're gonna save the rest of these. We'll work in a few more. Have to put space between them because some of them are so bad. We'll drive away the entire audience. When we come back, we'll get into some big elections going down today. I'll give you the viral stuff that's coming out of that, some of the clips of the folks involved saying things that maybe they wish they shouldn't have. We'll also get to have an interview schedule that I think it's going to be.
Speaker 3: Enlightening to many of you.
Speaker 4: At the top of the hour, we're going to dive into some interesting stuff in that and much much more that's on the way, so you don't miss any of it.
Speaker 3: Standby that's coming up next on the news Junkie.
Speaker 4: We'll get to updates on that in and out shooting and much more, plus your feedback over at thenewsjunkie dot com. If you want your hands on this gorgeous new, very limited edition magnet, which is called Starry Night, you can guess what it looks like. Well, you should take a peek over on the website. You better act fast. I mean, there's currently I just looked. There was one hundred and fifty subscriptions that were available on the website. They chomped down on those during the break and there's like ninety something left now. But that's how fast these are going'll be gone by the end of the day. If you want this limited design, you better go sign up over at the news.
Speaker 3: Junkie dot com.
Speaker 4: If you're already a subscriber and supporter, you can gift those subscriptions to other users and for each gifted sub claim a piece of merch just like that. Do whatever on the news junkie dot com. The elections are going on today and like four or five people in chat seem to be following this. Are you guys following these elections at all? You know, competing?
Speaker 6: The only one I know off the top of my head is the Michigan one with what is it Haley Stevens and Abdul.
Speaker 4: That's the big one, Josh, that's the one that's been getting the most attention, because Hailey Stevens is a deliverer of pretty awesome viral clips, and she kind of was like, well, the living a van down by the river is kind of like Chris Farley and one of her clips it's Matt Foley. Matt Foley is whatever. You get the point the clip that went viral of her, this is it. I thought it was kind of endearing. People were making fun of her. I thought, this is what I want. I don't want politicians are where. She's like, we got a little.
Speaker 15: Jamie working on our behalf. I am going to be telling the stories on our behalf, and you better believe I'm gonna be doing it with a little bit of joy, a little bit of enthusiasm, a little bit of energy, and a little bit of sicket to them.
Speaker 3: A little bit of ticket to them.
Speaker 4: You know, she holds her hands with her thumbs out and like a permanent thumbs up, and she's got those pushed out. I love it. I thought that was endearing. I think she's kind of corny. This is kind of what you want to be your your elected officials. Now you might disagree with her politics or whatever, but she's like a nerdy person. That's that's good. I don't want somebody to slick. Those are the people who want to take over the world. Those are the weirdos. Those are the people who have pretty radical politics. But Hailey Stevens is one of the people running for office.
Speaker 3: She's gone pretty viral.
Speaker 4: She's going against Abdul al Sayed, who's like Democratic Socialist aligned, But I don't think he has identified as being DSA or I don't think he's been.
Speaker 3: What's it called. I don't think they like.
Speaker 4: When they choose him to be their choice in the election with the name I'm missing, no no, no, not nominated endorsed. I don't think he's by the Democratic Socialist but he's like he's seen as the far left position and she's seen as like the centrist dem position in that race.
Speaker 3: Now let's pull these up.
Speaker 4: Can we start on the prediction markets with that race, and that's the big one. Let's see what they say is going to win, because I think Hailey Stevens, with her adorability and thumbs up, is probably going to thumbs up her way into a loss in this election because she's not crazy enough for the folks who are voting in the primaries. But let's see what she's doing on the prediction markets. It's not good, not looking like a in for her. It looks like Abdul el Sayed is up. All right, what's the percentage where we.
Speaker 5: At it's just three abdul oh, this is there.
Speaker 3: It's the margin of victory. They're not even letting her win.
Speaker 5: They're they're they're voting on the margin or they're predicting the margin of victory that Abdul el Sayed will win by. Okay, what do they think he's gonna win by? There's over fifteen percent? Fifty eight percent of people say over or equal to fifteen percent, eighteen percent say twelve to fifteen, and fourteen percent say nine to twelve.
Speaker 4: Nobody's favoring her. Then, yeah, it seems what set are you looking on right now? Cale she okay, go on the other one. What's the other one, market poly Market. Yeah, look on Polymarket, because I think they'll do more of a like fifty one forty nine kind of split. This is the big race that everybody's been paying attention to, and this is for the Senate seat in Michigan where Democrats are washing the contentious contest between Abdul Lsied, who's like a populist left wing guy, and then the moderate Haley Stevens. And as I said, I think like he's mopping the floor with our poles.
Speaker 6: Poly Market has him at ninety eight percent winning the primary and her at two percent.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, chance when I go to actual nominee and not like the margin of victory ninety eight to one is the same on call she So we are.
Speaker 4: To say, then if this guy, the more radical of the candidates, doesn't win, it would be a very very very surprising outcome. Yes, they're suggesting that they think he is going to win that election. Let's talk about one of the other ones here, which is of no, and it's the woman who's running for the governor. I believe Francesca Hong is her name. She's running for governor in Wisconsin, and I believe she is one of the Democratic Socialist people, and she I think was doing a little better. But I want you guys to bring up the numbers on f and Sesca Hong, who's running for governor in Wisconsin, because she just did some interviews that did not land well, like this one. Here she is talking about her views on CNN and they asked her, would you cancel Thanksgiving?
Speaker 19: You know, you've talked about your past positions that he keeps highlighting, and you know obviously likely would continue to do so before November.
Speaker 10: Should you win.
Speaker 19: One thing that they brought up as well was a post from you in twenty twenty one where you said Americans should cancel Thanksgiving.
Speaker 4: Here's her post. This is the woman who's running for the governor. We'll see if she's gonna win or not in a second. She's running for governor in Wisconsin. Her post that got attention was from November twenty twenty, sort of the height of the woke wave. There she said canceled Thanksgiving. Should have done this in sixteen twenty one. If it takes a worldwide pandemic for us to realize we should stop celebrating colonialism and the original super spreader event that killed Indigenous folks, fox and women, and so be it, so cancel Thanksgiving was heard.
Speaker 19: Take this In sixteen twenty one, the post has been deleted. Republicans have been highlighting it. They still believe that Thanksgiving should be canceled.
Speaker 20: I'm a chef and one of the first meals.
Speaker 4: If you don't start with no, you just say no. Like these people don't. They're winning a bunch of these elections, but they don't seem to care if normal people are watching. When somebody says you want to cancel Thanksgiving, just say no. No, I don't want to cancel Thanksgiving.
Speaker 7: That was for the community when I was sixteen, was a Thanksgiving meal.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 7: I always think my hospitality background and owning a restaurant for seven eight years that bring you books around the table to share conversation and build community is always a good thing. But Thanksgiving is also a time that's incredibly painful for many people in our community.
Speaker 3: No, it's not okay, let me just stop there.
Speaker 5: Thanksgiving is not if you think of Thanksgiving as a time where you just fight with your family the whole time, and it can be very painful for members of the communitee stupid.
Speaker 4: She said, Thanksgiving is also a time that's incredibly painful for many people in our communities.
Speaker 3: No, it's not, No, it's not. Thanksgiving is generally a.
Speaker 4: Great experience for most people involved. And even the people who will say like oh it's not the greatest or the conversation, the political they still don't believe that they wouldn't want you to cancel Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: It's ridiculous.
Speaker 5: Well, she is the front runner on Kyle. She to get this Democratic governor nomination market.
Speaker 6: No, what's what's she up on polymok.
Speaker 3: No that she'll be the governor.
Speaker 5: No, No, that she'll be the Democratic nominee for the governor. So she'll be These people aren't winning the election. The election is to be. It's the primary.
Speaker 4: They will go up against a Republican and then we'll see if the general electorate wants the woman who can't say that Thanksgiving shouldn't be canceled or There was another clip of her talking about like how she has a white son, so it makes her aware of the proxy to whiteness, and she's she's.
Speaker 3: Got a lot, a lot of problems with white people. There's a lot.
Speaker 4: She made a lot of posts about being scared off by white people and not liking white people, which is always hilarious for Asians to do, because you Asians are whiter than any of the white people you're talking about. Generally, I put you in the white people category myself, But what do I know? So she she said a lot of stuff about that kind of stuff. She can't say that she doesn't believe Thanksgiving should be canceled. And she is the favorite, according to the betting markets right now, to be the next governor of one of our great states in the United States of America. She might win this primary and then she'll battle against a Republican and we'll see if that the anti Thanksgiving thing works in the general election. But there's more than those hold on, am I missing any? Is there any other big ones going on? Let's see. Here's here's one of the this is the showdowns. This is all the showdowns today because.
Speaker 21: Some history shot presidential race. Excuse me a moment here. So this is Donald Trump win in two years ago and winning in Michigan too. We know that one three different races he had win Michigan twice, all right, twenty sixteen and one in twenty twenty four. It's close, but about eighty thousand votes over Kamala Harris. Where do you look tonight now as these primary votes come in, You got to start down here with Detroit.
Speaker 3: This is Wayne County.
Speaker 21: That's where Dearborn, Michigan is highest Arab American population in America. More than a third of the population in Wayne County is African American. The Democrat, the so called moderate Haley Stevens, needs African Americans to vote for her. So I would look down here in Wayne think she needs everybody to vote for her.
Speaker 4: Judging by what I heard from that the prediction markets, I think she needs everything.
Speaker 21: Would continue to see, like Kent County, I get more democratic over the years, and she's hoping to do really well out here, and we'll see whether or not that's the case. He Meanwhile, down here, this is Washington Aw County. The reason I point this out is that when burd.
Speaker 4: He's doing the thing where you go from county to county to county, Okay, you have Slotkin versus Rogers.
Speaker 3: So that's twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: This is going back to the historical data to see who's going to win this. Yeah, these are just primary races that are happening in a couple of states. But this is what people want to watch to see, like where folks are at, who are they going to vote for, what kind of candidates are going to be successful, And we'll see what happens with these elections tonight. That would be crazy if that lady who hates Thanksgiving would be the next governor of a state. But we'll see how it all goes. Okay, election tonight, Yeah, tonight, tonight. Yeah, tonight is the primary in.
Speaker 3: Michigan.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, just a couple of those states, yeah, Orizon for another couple of weeks.
Speaker 4: I think no, no, no, this one is tonight, and it's there. They're watching all this stuff to see if it's like a symptom of where things are going to go in the future.
Speaker 3: Well, you can give us your thoughts on that.
Speaker 4: I don't think that kind of messaging is going to win any kind of general election because most people are normal and they don't want to hear somebody that can't say Thanksgivings a good time.
Speaker 3: That's weird as hell.
Speaker 4: But we'll see if the primary wind comes her way and this other or the folksy lady, maybe she pulls off a real big surprise when we come back. We got the hot sheet on the way. We've got a woman who's very upset in a department store. I'll play that for you. It's coming up next in the news. Junkie, I just saw the story that see Lane has texted me that's going to be apparently in the hot sheet, So I now it makes me want to get into the hot sheet more. So, Yeah, let's let's let's do the hot sheets news.
Speaker 3: But not like that's again reporting on the planet.
Speaker 1: Stories from the people on your springs and speakers are on the hot sheet with Sea La.
Speaker 5: That's right, the top five stories and the nonsense news brought to you by that mortgage guy down and we start, obviously, you know, with this little situation right here, beautiful. Some of the comments were like, hey, if you really want to like have a bad time, watch this at half speed.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, I didn't even think about that ready, Yeah.
Speaker 3: What so toast? No, oh my god.
Speaker 4: And then many of the time, I'm going to hack everybody in America and make that the sound that your dryer makes when you're closing.
Speaker 3: You mean, bing mag I'm gonna put that in there. So yeah, a lot of the comments also said, was there not a rehearsal for this particular performance?
Speaker 10: Why?
Speaker 3: Why did they not try to get ahead of this? And apparently they did.
Speaker 5: TMZ obtained video of the Motown legend Martha Reeves practicing the Star Spangled Banner, or as many called it, the star Mangled Banner before the woman's Pro Baseball League debut, and the rehearsal was nearly as rocky as the rendition that later had people piling on if you go, if you go, They do it a couple of times in this video. The TMZ got, yeah, if you go to one thirty three timestamp, she does stop and like start to try and give critiques here.
Speaker 3: Well, see, yeah, I kind of don't think it goes well. I hear it is.
Speaker 20: Just singing with me. Who'll singing the same note I'm singing.
Speaker 9: I don't think.
Speaker 3: I don't think I need them. She should have gone with that. She's saying it to her backup singers.
Speaker 4: She's right here, she's sitting down in the scenats with a microphone.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't want to have.
Speaker 3: Oh I don't know they did. Would have been that much better with other backups.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I still would have been bad, it wouldn't have been much batter.
Speaker 5: It may not have been the worst Star Spangled banner I've ever heard if they had no backup singers, only because it seemed like one camp was singing in one key and one camp was singing in a different key and switching keys, and they were not together rhythmically in many parts. But Martha Reeves called out her backup singers during the anthem rehearsal, even though the game time brought no pitch perfect turnaround. At one point, she stops the singers and players that's out of tune before asking who's singing the same note, saying I don't think I need them. I don't need them, and says they could definitely carry a tune. TMZ also got video the backup singers performing the anthem at a hockey game, and they actually sounded really good. In other words, they might not exactly have been the problem. Martha said the wet and windy conditions contributed to the performance, along with the.
Speaker 4: Wait, what it was, they're not playing the baseball game.
Speaker 3: The baseball players could blame it on the rain and the wind.
Speaker 5: No, though the wet and windy conditions, she said, contributed to it, along with a lack of stage monitors preventing her from hearing herself properly during the WPBL debut. And I will say that it does suck not to be able to hear yourself when you're doing an anthem like that, especially at a big open stadium. A lot of times there's like echo and that's what trips some people up. But if she would have had like an inn ear or something, who knows if that would have been good for her, not good for her. The eighty five year old acknowledged it wasn't the performance she wanted, but was grateful to port the athletes at the groundbreaking new league. Phil Collins has opened up about his alcoholism and the fact that it almost killed him. He said, I've been very sick last year in an interview with Mojo magazine, and now the Grammy winner is offering details about that illness. He was open about his medical struggles in recent years, previously revealing he suffers from type two diabetes and complications from a spinal surgery, but in January, the former Genesis drummer noted he was under twenty four hour care. You remember those pictures of him when he was kind of wheelchair bound. I thought he was going to die at any moment. A lot of people thought he was going to die. There were people coming to say goodbye to him in his hospital room that he doesn't remember. He also said that at some later gigs he could no longer hold his drumsticks properly without feeling pain, even taping them to his hands to get through some of the shows. He said he experienced kidney issues and underwent five operations on his knee. The kidney issues were to his abuse of alcohol. He said, my kidneys were packing up, my organs were just seizing up, and then it's weird. I printed this out last night. This morning, I see a post on Facebook where some guy who did an interview with Phil Collins ten years ago said, ten years ago, I met with Phil Collins at eleven in the morning at a restaurant to interview him about his new book and him being three years sober. And the dude was downing white wine the entire time, like just glasses and glasses. He was on his second glass before they started the interview, and they just kept bringing Phil Collins wine and the dude was just pounding him at eleven in the morning, so you know it was a little bit of an issue for him. Yeah, I'm surprised, Like, dude, you're a journalist interviewing Phil Collins, did you agree to some things that you didn't reveal? They're in your interview about his sobriety that he was drinking the whole time.
Speaker 3: Seems like something that.
Speaker 5: Like an actual journalist would have gone like, this is the bombshell here, like, hey, Phil Collins is dying and here's why.
Speaker 3: Yes, I've got the exclusive.
Speaker 5: Ariana Grande is taking a step back from public life.
Speaker 3: Guys. I'm sorry. I know that you really wanted to see her.
Speaker 5: She she's finishing up the tour that she's on, but and she even like kind of addressed some of these things at one of her recent stops. But she's pulling out of the upcoming London revival of Sunday in the Park with George, which was a musical she was supposed to start. I know, she was supposed to appear opposite her Wicked co star Jonathan Bailey in a new production of the Stephen sondheim critically acclaimed musical in twenty twenty seven. But she wants some time off, she wants, she wants to be out of the public light. The announcement came days after she released the music video for Pedal, the title singer from a single from her newly released eight studio album, the one that sparked speculation about her weight loss and her health.
Speaker 4: Question, is there any reason why somebody would be as skinny as Ariana Grande appears to be? And and everything is fine? Yeause you're like, well, no, this is just her her, you know, her body produces more of this or that and or is it literally just like this person obviously has body issues and they've they're way too thin.
Speaker 3: She's like bone thin. It could be a little both. She has seemed really thin lately, but you know, we have to take her word for it.
Speaker 4: I wonder I always wonder who's releasing the photos because the promo and the photos that they released seem to be like the worst ones that really show her ribs. And I'm like, are they using this as a promotional tool? So that's not good.
Speaker 5: One of her new songs on the album, Like I Do, includes a possible dig at years of headlines about her weight, saying I've got s to talk keeps me well fed. All right, okay, okay, I know you guys are on pins and needles, so I'll just say it. The theme for the twenty twenty seven met Gala has been revealed Nassian's biggest night to honor controversial designer John Galliano, and controversial is picking up a lot of weight there in that sentence, because the theme is called John Galliano Horizons, tribute to the scandalous and pioneering fashion designer. Galiana sixty five catapulted to start him as a dazzling nineteen nineties designer.
Speaker 3: At Dior DaVinci.
Speaker 5: He was championed by Vogue editor Anna Wintour, who also runs the Matt galap but his career went up in flames after he was filmed in December of twenty ten drunkenly ranting at two women he mistakenly believed were Jewish, that he loves Hitler and that their forefathers would be effing gast and effing dead.
Speaker 6: Wow. Kanye before Kanye he was?
Speaker 20: He was?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was Kanye before Kanye was at the METGA.
Speaker 4: Hold On, is there any contexts that would make us think differently about this.
Speaker 3: Jewey or something she didn't.
Speaker 6: Say Jonahill said that he would kick his ass.
Speaker 3: Oh okay.
Speaker 5: He was gradually able to navigate a return of the spotlight after his longtime close friend Kate Moss enlisted him to design her a wedding dress that was his ticket back into stardom. Win Tour announced that the met gala this Friday, insisting his career isn't defined by a moment. Well, that's good for him, because that was a pretty bad moment, and that the darkness in John's past would be addressed by the exhibition accompanying the event. Does that mean there's gonna be some people that are like praising his good work and then some people sort of spotlighting his.
Speaker 6: Dress, like that we're going to have a boy in the striped pajamas there.
Speaker 4: You got to look close to the people who are too big of fans, right if it was like if they like it a little too much?
Speaker 3: Quick? How many Fast and the Furious movies are there?
Speaker 22: Go?
Speaker 5: Josh go eleven? Sean, No, somebody you get one one of using the other's act. It's actually ten. Ten is the number, but eleven is coming. And Vin Diesel is very pleased with the script, saying I just read the Fast Forever script and it's the best script I ever I have read in decades.
Speaker 6: I am still crying because he's only been reading Fast and Furious script.
Speaker 4: True.
Speaker 5: I think the fark headline said Vin Diesel has only read two scripts. He also teased the reunion between Dom and the late Paul Walker character Brian O'Connor.
Speaker 3: Does that mean are they.
Speaker 4: Gonna bring him back with AI or something? Because I just gonna kill off Dom. Oh could take that, I can. It could be a weird spoiler. And I did want to, you know, just kind of shoehorn this in here before we finish up, because we forgot to get to it yesterday. And I know Josh has been mourning the passing of soprano star Vincent Pastor aka Big Pussy Rip Big Pussy dead at eighty, the veteran actor best known for playing Salvator bon Benzia.
Speaker 3: Oh nailed it, Did I get it right? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Big Pussy is just easier to say. That's why they called him that. He's survived by his daughter, Little Pussy.
Speaker 3: So if you have a quote for a mortgage, Oh, he's gonna love this. Yeah. If you have a quote for a mortgage and you have not shopped it around? What are you doing? It's the number one mistake people make. You got to shop around. You would do it for a car, you do it for the house itself. Why not do it for the mortgage. That mortgage guy Don wants to help you. He says, you know, he's.
Speaker 5: Been able to get so many of our listeners and so many of our friends really great deals on their mortgage and he wants to help you too. So hit him up today at that mortgage Guy Don dot com.
Speaker 4: All right, quick break, we have an interview and just a bit, we're gonna get into a big, big, big drama that's been floating around out there, and we'll do that through a chat that's coming up next on the news. Chunk Y guys, we've been talking about this a lot, but we need to go to an expert.
Speaker 3: We need to figure some things out. Seelane, Josh.
Speaker 4: We've been talking a lot about the blue dot fever thing, and now we go to the source, to the expert, to the guy who knows about the concerts out there that are failing, why they're failing, all the rest of it, Ticket data, Keith, are you with.
Speaker 3: Us, friend?
Speaker 20: I'm here? How you doing all right?
Speaker 22: There?
Speaker 3: He is ticket data, Keith.
Speaker 4: You run this website ticket data dot com where you show what concerts are flopping miserably, what concerts are like pacing in the right direction. You know what cities are bands doing better than others? Or you know, is somebody completely flopping.
Speaker 3: All of that.
Speaker 4: Stuff is on ticket ticket data dot com. And I saw one of the posts that you put out which got over a million views, and you said, is this a new record for the most blue dots? And it is a concert for Ludacris, T, I, No, Rick Cross, Big X the Plug and it's in Louisville, coming up on ten thirty one. And I got to be honest with you, Keith, there is a lot of blue.
Speaker 6: Whoa, there's a lot.
Speaker 20: Of blue there. That's like a blue ocean.
Speaker 3: That's a lot of blue.
Speaker 23: I love Ludacris, TI and Rick Cross. I don't I don't know much about the The last time.
Speaker 3: This was a big break. It was his big break to open Chris. Yeah.
Speaker 23: Well, I don't know if he's going to get that opportunity.
Speaker 3: What happens in these kind of cases.
Speaker 4: You look at this and you say, these people are throwing a big show and nobody is buying the tickets to their show.
Speaker 3: Do we know why?
Speaker 4: Is it because they just aren't as popular or is it because the tickets are too expensive?
Speaker 3: What do we know?
Speaker 23: Sure, so this is kind of a this is an interesting one since that show is like a one off. It's not like the four of these guys are going intoing a big tour with each other, which is a lot of these other you know, blue dot flu, blue dot fever, I'll call it what you want.
Speaker 20: A lot of those are kind of.
Speaker 23: Like tour related, you know, and you look at a certain artists and you know, all their shows are kind of look like this. But this is kind of a one off event that's probably just being done by like a promoter.
Speaker 20: That's you know, focus on that one show.
Speaker 23: But yeah, as as you can see there, I mean it's like, uh, you know, to the people who are on audio and not you know, don't see the visual, it's like, uh, you know, I'm gonna say like ninety let's say ninety seven percent the tickets are available, and yeah, it's kind of there for everyone to see.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for those of you who don't know, they call it blue dot fever flu or whatever, because an artists will sit there and look at the venues they're playing, and the blue dots represent seats that are not sold. They're available, you can click them and buy a seat, but the other ones it turns kind of gray or whatever when you've purchased, when somebody has purchased those seats, and you feel like you're immensely sick when you look at the map and ninety something percent of the tickets are for sale, and then you start thinking about yourself performing in that arena with a tiny, tiny little crowd of people who are watching.
Speaker 3: When you see this, though, Keith, do you.
Speaker 4: Think, like, is that concert more likely to be canceled? There's gonna go. We can't do it in front of fifty.
Speaker 23: I would say yeah, I'd say that the chances of that of this show happening in this stadium or I'll give it ten percent. You know, it's certainly possible to move to a to a smaller venue. So that's wrappens a lot of times in cases like this, where they just decide, you know, let's just scrap all together.
Speaker 20: This wasn't meant to be.
Speaker 23: You know, this is an interesting one, especially given that you know the cheapest tickets the cheapest face value for the show at one hundred and ten bucks. So you know, it's it's one thing that's it's like, oh okay, you know, there's thirty other tickets that they're not selling, but it's you know, it's not like it's not like there's any cheap tickets to the team and you had here.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 4: You look at the charts and the changes over time of some of these artists and then the average price that people are paying, and sometimes it'll be for somebody who I don't even recognize.
Speaker 5: Have there been any tours or any any shows recently where you can get in the door for thirty bucks?
Speaker 3: That seems like a past.
Speaker 23: You know, it's it's definitely sure, it's not you know, in this day and age, that's that's not the norm. But yeah, you know, you've got to be selective. You know, if you're talking about like a you know, a top twenty artist that's doing a big arena tour, sure, you know, tickets are usually starting closer to one hundred bucks, but you know, at a lot of times too on resale, just as as often as there's a lot of stuff, you know, over face value on REA. A lot of these shows, you know, resellers buy up and they think prices, you know, they think they're going to make money, and then you know day of the show that that ticket that somebody paid hundred bucks for is, you know, is available for thirty bucks on on resale.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about something with a little bit of controversy attached to it. I see that Modest Mouse they're tour right now, and we we were talking about on the show yesterday. See like who wasn't in Modest Mouse, Like some guy was going to the.
Speaker 5: The guitarists slid into some teens DMS or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he was saying she looked sexy in a bikini or he was looking at his bikini photos and he sends.
Speaker 5: Her the picture of the big, giant black dude with the big with big wiener.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was like there was a porn photo that he sent to her. And then she goes, oh, I think he must have been hacked, and he goes, uh, no, I just partied all night long and I'm looking at of one eye, but still I still see you in these bikini photos.
Speaker 3: So controversy for them.
Speaker 4: And I look at modest Mouse and their ticket prices have declined twenty nine cent or twenty nine percent over the last three days. So do you see that like a lot of times, if there is some sort of scandal that's what the price drops are attached to.
Speaker 20: I don't, I don't, you know, I would say a lot. I'd say the average price drop.
Speaker 23: Is not related to, you know, a porn scandal or something like that.
Speaker 20: This is definitely interesting.
Speaker 23: You're sometimes you're, you know, any news as good news, but that certainly does not seem like that that's panning out for Office Mouse here. But yeah, that that is quite interesting, and you know, yeah, you know, something like that, maybe a lot of a lot of people are I guess offended by that. I don't know the the nitty gritty details of that situation, but yeah, you know that that's certainly interesting if you are seeing, you know, if ticket data is showing that there is a price declined, and it seems pretty much the timeline matches.
Speaker 20: Up with what's going on there.
Speaker 3: Real quick with ticket data.
Speaker 5: When I'm looking at these three day changes, I'm guessing those aren't face value prices going up and down.
Speaker 3: Is that the it's looking.
Speaker 23: At all everything is on ticket data buying large just looking at you know, resale prices and then you know, three day three day changes is good if you're kind of close to the event.
Speaker 20: But sometimes you get a better picture if.
Speaker 23: You you know, if you change that like the you know, you can see the two days or the two week change of the or the one month change will sometimes give you a better idea of you know, how things are trending, especially if you then is not you know, like this week.
Speaker 4: Who is on tour right now as far as the concert side of things that is selling way better than everybody else, Like who are the people who are really taking off?
Speaker 23: Probably you know, Ariana Grande had you know, had this mega tour and they get in price. That's you know, the cheapest ticket to get into any of the shows was for many of these shows was around seven hundred bucks for for.
Speaker 20: A long time. She's doing arenas.
Speaker 23: But you know we've seen that, uh you know, in the in the days leading up to these shows, a lot of the prices are coming down. There's being some tickets released uh you know, not on reseal, just like front of the box office last minute, and that is you know, causing the market.
Speaker 20: I don't want to say flood of it because that's that's a little bit extreme, but you know, putting it.
Speaker 23: But once you know, if an artist releases a lot more tickets last minute, that tends to cause prices on resale to come.
Speaker 3: Down, and probably another another another.
Speaker 23: You know that cumest to mind is, you know, Harry Styles, he's got that that big residency coming up at at m S she's doing. She's doing thirty nights there, which is you know, such a such a big number, you know, especially U you know at a big venue, like.
Speaker 4: There's people who could still sell like crazy, Like I know in a particular venue like the Sphere in Vegas, those Backstreet Boys shows and all these different things, they still sell like crazy. People feel like they're getting their money worth, but sometimes they don't see.
Speaker 3: Like what were you reacting to?
Speaker 5: I was looking at like a week out and the get in price, which I think this is a really cool website Keith ticket data dot com, by the way, and I sorted by the most expensive get in price and Sarah torga Saratoga horse racing. The get in price it's ten and eighty one dollars. Do I get to race a horse.
Speaker 23: If you get to race a horse, so you get to her, you get three races.
Speaker 20: You know, you get to be the jockey, whether.
Speaker 3: You're you know, a jockey, that would be hilarious.
Speaker 4: I would think about and if we could get Sea Lane on top of one.
Speaker 3: Of those horses, that would be something. Man, that's right.
Speaker 20: So what's what's going on there? Is?
Speaker 23: Uh, you know, that's just there's a there's some events like that that have so few tickets listed on resale that there's maybe just one seller out there who listed a ticket and he's the only guy out there with any tickets, and nobody's gonna buy it unless one of the three of you want it, you know, want to buy it for ten thousand dollars. I probably wouldn't suggest that, you know, that's that's what's going on there. So it does, you know, you can sort by descending price, but just you know, add that context in there that you might have some of these junk events that you know, nobody's really paying that for that for for horse reasons.
Speaker 4: What about the world of sports, is there any like league or any type of sport where the tickets are really going down because people are not really buying as many tickets to this sport.
Speaker 23: I uh, I mean, you know the I don't know how how in tune you guys wrote to like World Cup ticket prices and people were people like in the weeks leading up to the tournament, prices were coming down, and there was like a lot of talk.
Speaker 20: About how you know, the you know, FIFA.
Speaker 23: Was so greedy and there's gonna be all these empty stadiums, and then we actually saw the complete opposite was that as soon as the tournament started like that we're really talking about the World Cup, and every stadium was packed and rocking. So that's kind of the opposite of what you're asking. You know, there are some there are some NFL teams, you know, let's say maybe like you know, the Titans probably come to mind. You know, the average get in price, you know, the average if you just want to get the cheapest nose, we'd take it for like a Titans game is something I think the upcoming season might be around like the thirty dollars range, which is which is pretty cheap for NFL. And then compare that to something like say the Buffalo Bills. They've got their new their brand new stadium.
Speaker 20: This year.
Speaker 23: Everybody's real hype to go there and see a game. And it's the average trace there is over four hundred bucks.
Speaker 3: So wow, you've.
Speaker 5: Got preseason games, preseason, NFL preseason New England Patriots at Cleveland Browns.
Speaker 3: Uh, seven seven months you can get in, guys, nice? Which is it? You know?
Speaker 20: Which?
Speaker 23: I think isn't A lot of and a lot of NFL preseason games are stinkers. I mean, I live in Cincinnati. I have Bengal season tickets to ninety. I love going to games. But to me, like a preseason game is just kind of.
Speaker 6: Like, you know what, I don't know what's the point.
Speaker 23: It doesn't I don't know about you guys, if your big NFL fans, but yeah, it's kind of like, what's the point.
Speaker 4: Well, well we're talking to Keith from ticket Data. Let's end with this. Keith, what's the secret? You've watched all this, You've seen all the data. You're crunching the numbers all the time on ticket data dot com. If people want to get the best deal, when do they buy? What's the strategy they use to get tickets to stuff?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 20: Absolutely?
Speaker 23: So you know the term everybody likes to turn around in the ticketing and industry is you know, is that it pays to wait, which basically means you know, the you know you wait, you kind of wait it out and buy and large you know, prices or do you do, tend to come down as the event approaches. But you know, just understand that that holds true a lot of the time.
Speaker 20: There's certainly you know.
Speaker 23: Vuries my event, but there's a good twenty percent of the time we're prices go the other way, like we saw with the World Cups. So you know, so many people saw a price coming down and you know, thought they were going to get these shoot tickets and the next you know they were they were priced out of the event and didn't.
Speaker 3: Get to go.
Speaker 20: So prices usually come down.
Speaker 3: But you know it's not full perfect. Be careful.
Speaker 5: Does the ticket data website tell you like approximately, hey this is the best time to buy or you should wait a little bit more like what I'm getting a feeling like that the Hopper rapp for buying plane tickets, which kind would kind of help you out and be like, hey, this might be the best time to try this ticket.
Speaker 3: Are you offering that right now or is it up to the.
Speaker 23: Person also you know, you can see the chart, you know, and judge yourself. But also for a lot of events, there is a forecast there that you know, it's based on years and years of data and seeing what stuff doesn't it, and it'll say, you know, the price for this event is probably going up, but probably going down or somewhere in between. But that's you know, it's not it's not put out on all events just because I have it tuned so that I'd rather not put out a forecast that there's not a lot of confidence in. So you know, it's kind of like fifty to fifty whether an event has that or.
Speaker 4: Here, here's one of the crazy things. So I'm watching this is a some group called nine Vicious. I don't really know what that is, sure, nine vicious. And if you go back to April of this year, the tickets were around fifty six dollars. But the show starts in six hours. The show is tonight, so it's like skyrocketed. Yeah, up at the last minute. A last minute purchase would not have saved you any money there at all.
Speaker 20: Sure, yep, totally not. Yeah, what's what's it at right now?
Speaker 3: It's at two hundred and ninety one dollars.
Speaker 23: Yeah, yeah, so you know that's like I said, you know, usually Francis go down. But if if it's your favorite band and you know you must be there and you know you can't, you couldn't message for the world, then you know, and those are kind of the cases where you know it might be safe to buy a little earlier.
Speaker 3: Here's the pro tip for you folks.
Speaker 4: You can get they have a chrome extension so that if you're getting a ticket somewhere, you can see the historical costs nice of the tickets for that.
Speaker 3: It's that's it. You can do that over on ticket data dot com.
Speaker 5: What were you saying, seele, is there anything else in the future for ticket data, because you have I think you have like a good uh uh spot here where you could get a good prediction market, prediction market going and and see whether that ludicrous thing actually happens or not, Like if you were the cash of concerts and then you just everybody predicts whether or not they happen and you make some money here, Bud.
Speaker 23: Absolutely, so it's so speaking of Kushi Calshi actually did put up some markets for ticket prices. They did it for the NBA finals when you know the knicks we're you know, had those crazy prices. And then yeah, for some of the later World Cup matches as well, and yeah, you know there was a on the word the World Cup final, there was a million dollars bet on that market. You know, it kind of spooks and they're using ticket data as the source to you know, decide you know, what the outcome is, right, which which spooks me a bit because you know, then you have people coming at you had pitchforks because you know the price was seven thousand one dollars not you know, seven thousand even or something like that.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, you know, the tab who cares it is?
Speaker 20: Isn't that the date is guy?
Speaker 23: And you know, no matter what, no matter what, there's going to be some losing.
Speaker 3: If who cares about that?
Speaker 4: If Sni's onto something here, if you all of a sudden get people going like, hey, they're betting on that on on your website, like will the concert be canceled or not? And then all of a sudden, the performers are getting worried about that because that would be fantastic.
Speaker 23: And then maybe, yeah, maybe Ludacris is putting one hundred grand on the you know on Ye. Yes, some perform and says we're performing, you know, even even in front of thirty people were doing the show.
Speaker 4: Or they start inside trading because they can cancel the show.
Speaker 6: South Washington can do it, so can everyone else? Yes, yes, yes, Well have you.
Speaker 5: Heard directly or indirectly about any specific artists using your website to check out their own concerts?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 20: I know, I know that, you know, I took it. I've spoken to people in the industry.
Speaker 23: Yeah, yes, I do know a lot of them, you know, like to like to go on there and you know, and I guess good better otherwise.
Speaker 20: But yeah, they definitely do check it and you know, see it again. And I think that they also use it to be.
Speaker 23: Like, oh, you know, if you're maybe another you know, rapper and you're looking at like, what what's going on with with Ludacris, it might spook you a bit.
Speaker 20: You might you might think twice about what what.
Speaker 3: What you're going to trash talk each other?
Speaker 4: You know, like on ticket data dot com you got way more blue dots than I do my ticket data bitch right there you goes ticket Data. Keith, thanks for hanging out with us today. Go check out the website ticket data dot com. I appreciate the time man.
Speaker 20: Thanks guys, this is great.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Ticket out of Keith.
Speaker 4: It's interesting to see all that that that data and the extension for Chrome is really cool. It's kind of like on Amazon you get an extension, it tells you if it's a good price or a.
Speaker 3: Bad per shows up right, So you look up.
Speaker 4: Any show, any sports game, any anything, and you'll see what the prices have been going for and the trends on that like a kind of like a stock market ticker would show our.
Speaker 3: Quick break a little bit behind. When we come back, I'll finally.
Speaker 4: Get in that video of the woman at the store who freaks out. We got a bunch of dramaa crack open and get into and your feedback, even your rate my blank entries yes, believe it or not. Those are coming up next on the news junk Kie. We got Jerry Duty coming up in the next segment, and then the Power Hour for sure.
Speaker 3: After that.
Speaker 4: I did see this clip that was starting to go viral getting a lot of attention, and a woman filmed herself. It looks kind of like she secretly filmed herself. They call her a three hundred and fifty pounds plus size model, and they said that she's harassing a Target cashier. I'm going to dispute that. I don't think she's harassing her necessarily. WHOA I'm not going to dispute the three hundred and fifty pound part.
Speaker 5: Who's saying that she's harassing because she filmed herself.
Speaker 3: Is she saying she's a.
Speaker 4: Whoever posted this tweet says three hundred fifty pound plus size model records herself harassing a Target cashier over a triple XL bikini that was that costs more than a large bikini, so she considered it like a fat tax kind of thing. She said, I'm getting the fat tax removed to Target. So she goes up to herself talking to the target person and says, hey, my triple XL is more expensive. That doesn't make any sense, And the lady removes the charge like she makes it cheaper, She makes it the same cost as the other sizes for her, and she gets her to do it.
Speaker 3: But I disagree. I think you will too. I don't know if she harasses her. I think she just goes up and asser listen it here.
Speaker 24: And I was also wondering if you could price match these because for some reason in the app it was showing that the three x was eight.
Speaker 10: Dollars but the large was six dollars. It just seemed like a little weird to me. Those happened is because of more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I never agree with that.
Speaker 24: It was just like there was no difference between the extra small to the extra large.
Speaker 10: But then there's a difference between Okay.
Speaker 4: So first of all, she's not harassing her, no, not at all. She's like just talking with her, and the lady doesn't want to be me, and so she was kind of like, uh, you know, I think sometimes the triple xls are a little more expensive, and and she's like, yeah, I don't understand why.
Speaker 3: But then she the the logic that she used was the extra small and the small the same price.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, but it's not using the extra small is using less material, right, Like she's saying, because the extra small doesn't cost less than a smaller a medium, why should the extra extra large cost more? Because traditionally this is how this works. You know this because we've sold merch We've sold the ja billion dollars or on this show charged.
Speaker 3: Extra for shirts that require more materially. You know why, because they cost more, Thank you, Josh, they do. They cost more.
Speaker 4: It costs more to buy that the blanks that you print them on, or the stuff that they get.
Speaker 3: To tell you, what's me is baby's shoes costing seventy bucks. That's crazy.
Speaker 4: I agree, but but in this case, she's like, I don't understand. I don't like it's your You're bigger, you wear bigger clothes. The bigger clothes costs more. It's not rocket science, I don't think. But I don't think she harassed the lady at all. She simply asked her, and the lady was too scared to say no. The lady was like, oh, I think it's crazy too.
Speaker 5: If there's anything that I took from this video and listen, I don't know what targets policies are. Every store is different as far as what their cashiers are allowed and not allowed to do. But the girl goes, yeah, I don't agree with that, so I'm going to change the price for you. That is not allowed. I don't have plenty of stores. You can't just change the price because you don't agree with something. I've not heard of that before.
Speaker 4: But this lady did it, and I think it's because she didn't want to be seen as like anti fat or whatever, Like she didn't want to feel mean in the moment, and she don't want to tell lady, look, here's the deal. It's like, it's what they did with double seats on planes. It's mean you have to be mean or another example I didn give. I've told you before. I've seen people get refused on the rides at theme parks and they're waiting in line, and they're all excited and they get up there and then the person who's like a little fat, they tell them like, oh, I'm sorry, you're too big for this ride. You can't get on this ride, and they have to like walk away in shame. Nobody wants to do that. Nobody wants to be mean to the person, at least most people don't. So when the lady goes up, she's like, this is a fat tag. Why would this ever be more? Like every one of us understands why it would be more. You're fat, you take up more clothes room. The clothes have to be bigger. If the clothes were the same exact size and they charge you more, I'd be with you I'd call that a fat tax. The rest of it is just you paying more because you're fat, not being tax, but just paying more because you're buying more.
Speaker 3: You know, it's not a fat tax. If you pay more for an extra large pizza versus a large piez just going to bring food in this It is just going to do that.
Speaker 6: Damn a fat I'm having to pay more because I'm hungrier.
Speaker 3: No fair, Yes it is.
Speaker 6: Actually yeah, I burn more calories. It's not my fault.
Speaker 5: I do think that's okay. But it would be a fat tax if they charged her more at the buffet, Yes it would, Yes, that would be a fat tax. So if your your comparison is if it's the same amount of material, like if she bought an extra large and they charged her more because she's fat at the fat tax, if you were going to an all you can eat buffet where everybody of a certain age pays the same amount, and they said no, no, no, no, I'd.
Speaker 3: Fight with her.
Speaker 4: I'd say I'd with a sign a pick a time to be like, you know, this is a fat tax.
Speaker 3: We won't take that. This is a fat tax, we won't take that. I would be out there with this slate, we're gonna workshop that champ.
Speaker 4: But I thought it was pretty good for winging it, you know what I mean, like my impromptu, my impromptu protests statement. But this lady, I think is wrong on this front. She's she's right if it was what SELI was saying. If you try to go into something and everybody's doing the same thing, but it costs more, and the buffet costs more or whatever, but you're getting the same thing, that that's one thing. But if you are like literally, your shirts are bigger, your clothes are bigger, your pants are bigger, your shoes are bigger, they cost more money. At some point there's a breakof So when we sell merch small, medium, large, Excel all costs the same because that's how you pay the same for them. When you're buying them in bulk, you pay about the same for all of those those shirt sizes.
Speaker 3: When you go to double XL or triple XL, they have to have new machinery.
Speaker 4: Sometimes they have to have a new piece of software to cut it in that size. They have to use something totally different to get to the end product.
Speaker 3: Four point. Yeah, this lady was was nice.
Speaker 24: I just wondering if you could price match these, because for some reason in the app it was showing that the three X was with the large six dollars.
Speaker 10: It just seem like a.
Speaker 20: Little weird to me.
Speaker 4: By the way, they're both just cheap. Why don't you just get just still a good deal. Yeah, she says more material. It sounds really stupid and ridiculous. No, it just makes sense.
Speaker 3: It does. Just be nice. She just just being nice. She's being nice.
Speaker 4: But if we all make the target people feel bad about us having to pay more. I guess they'll kick you a deal on that one. Let us know what you think quick break. When we come back Jury Duties on the way. I got a bunch of up. It's on stories we've been following. We've got to talk about. They just arrested this guy who was lighting the fires in uh Washington, one of the biggest wildfires, completely decimating areas, and there was a dude who lit the fire and they've arrested him. We'll see what we can learn about that guy. It's coming up next in the news Junkie. We need to get into this. I've got another story that we need to discuss. But to do any of it, we got to get into jury duty.
Speaker 3: So let's do that.
Speaker 1: Or it is now in session, so put your phone down and pay attention before we call the bailiff over to win your ass. You're knowing jury duty with the news junkie.
Speaker 3: The story is wild man.
Speaker 4: I'll get into this in just a moment here, But Jerry duty brought to you by the one the only moduit of the DeWit Law Firm. Injured on the guy, Well, just call MO. Eight hundred Call MO is the number for an attorney. Eight hundred CALLMO after an accident. You deserve somebody who's going to represent you, get you on the path to that big giant check that is for you, your family and your future. You can get involved and get connected with the DeWit Law Firm at justcllmo dot com or eight hundred call MO. Pretty crazy story, but true nonetheless. And East Charlotte shooting suspect killed a man just an hour after bonding out of jail. All right, this guy was in prison, and when he was in prison, he was released and within an hour of bonding out, he killed a man. He's charged with murder in the shooting death. He says, a man, this is a WCNC In Charlotte, North Carolina, a man accused of killing one person and injuring another in East Charlotte apartment complex shooting appeared before a judge Friday after initially a refuse going to leave his jail cell. David Simpson, twenty nine, is facing charges for the shooting. He's charged with first degree murder, attempted first degree murder, assault with the deadly weapon, and possession of firearms by a felon. A woman identified as his girlfriend was also charged with an accessory after the fact charge. So the guy bonded out of jail at one at twelve twenty am. All right, twelve twenty am. He was released from the local jail in North Carolina by one forty five am. He was involved in a fatal shooting where he killed somebody outside this housing complex. And that's how fast this all occurred. There's surveillance footage of all of it, but it says curt court records excuse me show. Simpson posted bond Tuesday afternoon after being arrested for failing to appear in courner on a separate case involving a twenty twenty four charge of possession of a weapon by a prisoner. He was released from jail een hours later the shooting happened. So out he goes, back he comes, and then somebody dies in the meantime.
Speaker 5: So this gun, he was a shooting suspect already, yep. Yeah, And so he bonded out.
Speaker 3: Ye be that in with a gun.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say, what does that mean he got another gun? Yeah, because they would have confiscated the gun in the first arrest.
Speaker 4: You would assume here's the killer thing ceiling you ready for this. Core records show he pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter. So another murder in August of twenty fifteen. He was charged with first remurder in that case, but they knocked down the charges to a voluntary manslaughter charge. In August of twenty fifteen, he was sentenced to seventy three to one hundred months in prison and was released on parole in October twenty twenty. After that, he got caught up as having a gun and getting involved in another violent crime. And then he was released at just after midnight and within ninety minutes had killed somebody else. Maybe we could keep him behind bars this time. Maybe we could keep them behind bars and keep them walked away so he doesn't do this again, because trust me, he will. That will happen once more. Let's see what else we have here, just a short one in Jerry Duty, Oh, the in and out Burger. This is the guy who was one of the good guys with the gun who shot at the person who was attacking this in and out location in Twin Falls, Idaho. Here's the hero civilian as they're calling him, talking to ABC.
Speaker 3: And thirty five year old Jordan Salinas fired back.
Speaker 25: I peeked around the right hand side of that sign, closest to the road, and that's where I saw the individual with his rifle pointed at the vehicles.
Speaker 5: Of those heraldic actions drove the shooter from the scene and likely saved lines.
Speaker 25: He seemed unusually comfortable aiming that rifle at those cars, and then as soon as some rounds start coming at him, everything changed immediately. All that, you know, all that bravado he had immediately crumble.
Speaker 3: And so they show him outside. Josh is right. This guy's gun.
Speaker 4: I don't know what kind of gun this is, but it looks got to be a revolver of some sort. It looks at a long barrel. Yeah, he's got a long barrel on it. And then he fires off some shots of this guy, and then I guess the guy started firing back at him, and so he jumped into the bushes, which is that's not the most heroic part of his own experience.
Speaker 6: But you don't want to get hit.
Speaker 3: I don't either. Yeah, I mean, I guess there was.
Speaker 8: Right here.
Speaker 3: So he's shooting, he's shooting. Ready, he's shooting, and then.
Speaker 4: There are a couple of shots come back, and he jumps in the bushes, and so I mean, I probably would have done I probably wouldn't even have been brave enough to shoot back at the guy, but that's what he ended up doing. Jordan Selenis the hero, one of the people intervening, and there was another off duty officer.
Speaker 3: I think two good guys with a gun at that one in and out.
Speaker 5: I think Jordan Selenis was the one that And this might be in the same interview somewhere he said that he cited to go get a gun lessons like shooting training after a previous mass shooting. Right, yeah, like he is, I'm gonna do something if this happens around me. I don't know if he was like at the mass shooting or it was something he saw on TV and he was like basically made a decision like I don't want him have to be in this situation to be powerless. So he got firearm training and now he's the good guy with a gun. Unbelievable and very quickly.
Speaker 4: In Spokane, Washington, a man has been arrested believed to have been the person who ignited on purpose one of three wildfires, the largest of the three in Spokane, Washington. For those of you on YouTube dot com slash the news junkie, this is what the wildfires did to one neighborhood in Washington.
Speaker 3: Gone.
Speaker 4: I mean gone looks worse than a tornado looks. I've never seen anything quite like this in my entire life. But this guy has been arrested for purposely lighting this fire.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, I've never seen this in an area where there's a lot of basement, so all the houses are just these great big holes holes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just holes underneath the homes because they all completely burned up in this neighborhood. And Aaron Fharnnietzsche Farinacci thirty seven was taken into custody being held on a million dollars bond.
Speaker 3: He'll be out within an hour to do it all over again, I guess.
Speaker 4: But he lit this on purpose and somebody saw him looking nervous at the scene. Now they have him in custody. A right quick break back with the Power Hour. Don't miss a lot of great clips for you to kick things off. That's coming up next in the news. Junk Key, why are you making that face?
Speaker 3: Celent? What is that about? What is that? I?
Speaker 4: Can you maybe use the clip in the Power Hour to make me look cool for once? Just like I'm saying cool, I mean cool the word cool.
Speaker 3: Oh that's good, Okay, cool?
Speaker 4: Alright, good? Yeah, Thatt you work out then, but it's it doesn't make me look bad. You're not trying to make me look like a fool. You keep saying that part.
Speaker 13: You know what.
Speaker 4: Let's just do it so we can figure out what's happening here and then get past this because I've got a couple of clips to get into.
Speaker 3: So let's do the Power Hour. They said it couldn't keep done. Then they said, he's like Hitler, only cooler. It's time for.
Speaker 1: Them Power Hour on the news chunky.
Speaker 4: See it's not necessarily bad what I said there? What I because he's like Hitler but he's cooler, implies that Hitler is not that cool, but this other person is.
Speaker 3: And you're like, you know, I I think it's a little explaining going on. I mean, losing, but possibly maybe I don't know, he's going to beat your ass. No, he's not. There's no way, there's no shot that he could do that.
Speaker 4: I have. Somebody's very upset and they've posted a video online because of course that's what they do. Taxpayers paid for a new library in Seattle, Washington, to the tune of over one hundred and sixty million dollars woo. And then this woman decided to go see how things were going at this new one hundred and sixty million dollar plus library, and she says it's disgusting, full of hobo and she doesn't like it one bit.
Speaker 3: But let's see if she's right, if she got a point whatever. Here's the video that she made. Let's go check out the state of the art computer base on the fifth.
Speaker 26: For Peters All right now again to highlight my point about how unfamily friendly this public library is. When I first got off the elevator, this homeless dude started staring at me and making sexual gestures.
Speaker 10: I immediately made it p.
Speaker 4: I didn't think I was gonna side with this girl all I didn't even see it.
Speaker 3: I didn't either. I did not think I was going to side with her. Just so you guys know what's going on.
Speaker 4: When she goes in to see the state of the art computer library, there's some guy in a hoodie, and she says, this homeless guy started staring at me, and I thought maybe he was just gonna look back, but he's flipping his tongue around like in the most exaggerated way I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 5: She's narrating this video and there's music in the background, so I don't know that you can hear much of what's happening in the library.
Speaker 3: But do you think he's making the notes? I don't know, but that was weird.
Speaker 26: I first got off the elevator, this homeless dude started staring at me and making sexual gestures. I immediately made it pay that I was disgusted and started recording him in hopes that it would deter him, but nope, he kept going anyway.
Speaker 10: I wish we're gonna do.
Speaker 4: He's all, bliss, what we're gonna do? You're gonna take take something else away from him. He is just hanging out in this place. I don't know if you think that's going to be successful at some point in time, but it's weird. So all right, you got the weird hobo with the tongue flicking thing, which is derogatory or I don't know if I should say that. It's definitely like harassment of a sexual variety.
Speaker 26: After you toward the computer base after he left, and it was weight dirtier than I was expecting it to be. Now, the majority of people sitting here are homeless, and not only are they.
Speaker 4: Hold on, hold on, did she say she went back to the same computer desk that that guy occupied in this dirtier than she expected it?
Speaker 3: She just went to the computer base in general. Oh, but she was waiting for that guy to.
Speaker 4: Leave, Okay, because I was like, when when the guy who flicked his tongue at you like a total creeper left, you were surprised that his work area was dirty.
Speaker 3: I could have told you that, Yeah, I mean, I could have told you that for sure.
Speaker 26: No peak up going anyway. I went back to you toward the computer base after he left, and it was weight dirtier than I was expecting it to be. Now, the majority of people sitting here are homeless, and not only are they bringing in all of belongings, but also they often leave a huge mess on the floor, and as you can see, there are crumbs everywhere, large black stains. That's one thing that did jump out to me about this library. A large majority of the fabric chairs are straight up stained in black, and they're just a lot dirtier than you would.
Speaker 3: Expect by the chair. Okay, it does have wear on it.
Speaker 4: If this is brand new and cost one hundred and fifty million dollars, it does have wear on it, and it looks a little bit gross. But I'm used to crappy libraries. When I grew up, we had libraries that were garbage. So I would have been like, this is a fancy chair for our library. Here have a chair, But this is this is a little dirtier than you would want the furniture and a.
Speaker 26: One hundred and twenty five million dollar library to be this libry.
Speaker 3: Okay, we could stop before this guy.
Speaker 4: It looks through the libraryes one hundred and sixty five point nine million dollars. It was funded through the libraries for all bond Measure one hundred and ninety six million dollars. Voter approved bond issue. Okay, so what has happened? And this is legit an issue. Some of you who have kids and stuff have probably seen this and they got to work on this for realsies. I don't know how bad the marks on the chairs were or you know, like I do, know that homeless people, when you let them into your spaces, are filthy.
Speaker 3: They are, They tend to be. I'm speaking in generalities. Not all of them are, but you know a lot of them are.
Speaker 4: If you look at homeless encampments, they will be among the filthiest places you can see. Even if there's a big giant trash can nearby. Thinky, it's just the way that it goes. It turns out, along with their bad life decisions that led them there was a bad life decision to just throw trash everywhere they want to go. But when you allow homeless people to occupy for long periods of time in the downtown libraries, it's going to turn everybody else off. Number one, and number two, it's going to make the whole place a hell of a lot worse, especially for kids. Vicky says, they don't allow that at the Downtown library in Orlando.
Speaker 3: Is that true?
Speaker 4: Will they chase them out? Like if they have a homeless doesn't come in there, will they chase them out? Because most libraries let them in. It might be some kind of rule against just kind of.
Speaker 3: Loitering.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe you've got like a limited amount of time, or libraries weren't for homeless people When I was little. You would go to the library to get a book that you were going to read, or you would do a lot.
Speaker 3: Of research in the library.
Speaker 5: Or I wonder if they have some sort of I wouldn't call it a loophole, but maybe they have some sort of safeguard for themselves where to obtain a library card, you have to have some things that homeless people wouldn't have, like an addresser.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're talking about doing this at the place in New York that they opened up is like a state run or city run grocery store, and you've got to have some sort of ID and then they'll work them out. Dan says, oh God, when you make it illegal for homeless people to be and exist anywhere except libraries.
Speaker 3: Guess what. The criminalization of homelessness is a serious problem. Not enough now.
Speaker 4: If we just criminalize them from being at the libraries, then we'll sweep up the problem. I think that will round things out there. And if you make it so we have programs in place that push these people into actually getting back into integrating in society, I think you might maybe solve the problem a little bit more than just letting them camp out wherever you want. But somebody says there are homeless people all over the library downtown. I says that's TPFB says that I don't want to say the whole name. TPFB says that I think this is the case for most libraries in twenty twenty six. They become a place where these folks get air conditioning and crash.
Speaker 3: And I don't blame them, you know, I don't blame them.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think what it is as a result of all the policies that we've had in place for the last thirty forty fifty years that have made homelessness from bad to mega worse. They've made think about when you were a kid, how many home most people there were. It's not because we're more poor. It's not because things are more expensive. There are more homeless people than when you were a child. When you were a little kid, there are more homeless people now that you see all over the place because the policies to handle homeless people are broken. They're fundamentally broken. And the entire industry, which is a multi billion dollar industry that makes a lot of these people wealthy to keep the hobos on the dime. That entire industry has blown up, and it's populated by people who all have the same ideas that fail over and over and over and over and over again. This happens in every single city where they tackle this stuff. And if it happens in the libraries, then they go, Okay, we've got to move them from the library to somewhere else. It's not until you actually address the issues and push people to integrate into society that you can fix with a capital f these problems in the long run. In my opinion, I've been on that front for a very long time. I will continue to be on that front. I'm probably radicalized on that much more than most people are because I've just seen it in my life. I've seen it with my family members. I've seen it with people who I care about, and I've seen why all of that happens, and I've seen the ways that you actually can pull people out of that spiral. And it's not to let them wander in the library all day, or let them openly do drugs in your city, or let them sleep wherever they want. It's when you push them to integrate with the rest of society. That's just how I see it. You could disagree. Tips at the news Junki dot com. Tips at the news Junkie dot Com. On the hero guy with a gun, Jerky Boy says his gun was a nine to millimeter with a silencer.
Speaker 3: That's why it seems so can anybody just get a silencer? I thought that was like for spies.
Speaker 6: I feel like that depends on what state you live in.
Speaker 5: Sometimes sometimes they're not legal. It's like a suppressor. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, like a yeah.
Speaker 4: And from what I knew, and I've seen videos to back this up, whenever you see a silencer, people have a very Hollywood idea of how they work, like the gun's gonna get boom, and it doesn't do that. It's just a little less loud. Yeah, it's so very loud. It's like it's when you when you shoot a regular gun. Sometimes people will go, I don't know, it could have been a gun, could have been fireworks, And I was like, probably wasn't a gun.
Speaker 3: Where was the in and out? Idaho? Idaho? Yes, I hope or something falls Idaho.
Speaker 5: Suppressors are illegal in eight states, and Idaho is not one of them. Okay, God, who got that guy was going to get rounded up? Anybody can get a silencer in Florida. You just have pay two hundred dollars plus the cost of the silencer. Though there's a tax that they put on it, interesting murder tax. I don't mind the silencer tax. It does seem like you're up to something. Though, suppressors are legal in twenty one states if they comply with ATF regulations. Nineteen states have no standalone statutes regarding possession, but federal loss to.
Speaker 4: The plot a what's up junkie says this person at tips at the news Junkie dot com. The lady who was buying the triple x large thing that was more expensive and calling it a fat tax says she never bought sheets before. I don't know if she knows it, but a twin sheet costs way less than a king size sheet, and you know I there's more material getting used.
Speaker 3: Keep up the work.
Speaker 4: Wiggle wiggle, pop pop, thank you emailer, A bunch of other people emailing. I think it to all of these right now. I'll do my best to read these throughout the show and work more of them in right now though, I promise it.
Speaker 3: Let's do it.
Speaker 4: Let's work in some more dispatches. Ho ho ho boy uh more, Dad jokes. I that's our rate, my blank for the week. I'm kind of regretting that that's the case, but it is. It is what it is, and maybe one of these is going to be a real winner. Here goes the cocktail Dawn with an entrigue.
Speaker 3: What is the difference between a hippo and a zippo? A hippo is really heavy and a zippo is a little lighter.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, cut the straight face. So it's not getting a bookmark for that. Here is Did we do this one?
Speaker 3: I don't think so. Here's sport. It's a lady. You went to her proctologist. He said, what's the issue?
Speaker 4: She said, my butt hurts around the entrance he said, well, let's call it an exit, and he's going to continue to hurt if you use it as an entrance.
Speaker 6: Okay, here's the thing that women don't go to the proctologists.
Speaker 3: That's true. They don't have a pro they don't have a prosta. That part is certainly true.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Wait, is that the only reason you go to a proctologist is proprostrated dams?
Speaker 6: Pretty sure?
Speaker 3: I believe them.
Speaker 4: I believest Yeah, time is coming. Here's the real ken with another joke. Maybe this one's good.
Speaker 3: Why all baby strawberries always crying because their parents are always in the gym? Huh?
Speaker 6: I was wrong about proctologists, by the way, before where all the messages come in?
Speaker 3: They do more than that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they do all of the lower intestinal stuff.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, so anybody could go to that. Here's two tickets to poundtown.
Speaker 1: What do you call a dog with no legs?
Speaker 3: Don't matter, he ain't.
Speaker 8: Coming to you.
Speaker 3: These are so bad.
Speaker 20: One more, missy, Hey junkies, what do you call a psychic midget that's just escaped from jail?
Speaker 10: A small medium at large?
Speaker 3: I do like that joke, Yeah, than the extra large. That one was better. One more, Umm, here's Drizzy. Hey, this is brother dev here. What's a kidnapper's favorite type of shoe? White vans?
Speaker 4: You laughing is not going to help. You're not going to get a laugh out of us. And this put you in the finals if.
Speaker 26: You laugh.
Speaker 3: One more.
Speaker 4: This is it.
Speaker 3: This is all I'm doing. Here is no Ian Corey. Hey, news junkies. I got a dad joke here for you.
Speaker 26: What do you get when you cross an Australian elephant with a rhinoceros.
Speaker 10: Elp?
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 3: You're welcome, Okay, it's kind of funny.
Speaker 5: Josh almost Josh there we gosical heart is really losing it for us.
Speaker 4: We are not going to crack. We are not going to give them any gift laughs. They have to earn them, and they have to be good, and some of them might be Hey, they're junkies. Longtime listener, seldom dispatcher.
Speaker 27: So back in the nineties and early thousands, when scientists were messing with genetics and trying to clone and all that crap, my dad told me about an experiment where they tried to splacee a crab's DNA with a cheetah DNA. Oh boy, went sideways real fast put drizzle.
Speaker 4: I like it science all right, you guys, you guys are hearing these this is what this is what we've been delivered so far. So some of these are going to be good. Most of them are not. But these people have to move on to the finals and we have to crown a winner at some point this week. That somebody texted in one yesterday that I thought was pretty fun. It was, uh, what do you get when you introduce human DNA with goat dna? I don't know what kicked out.
Speaker 3: Of the zoo. You should have set that one in. That doesn't count though.
Speaker 6: That's more like an almost an anti joke than a dad joke. That's like a Norm McDonald joke.
Speaker 3: That one's good that one would have That would have been numbnumber one on the.
Speaker 5: List right now, folks man, that texter is probably steaming round. You really screwed the poocha on that one. If you got a banger like that, If you got a banger like that, introduce it to us.
Speaker 4: The competition is so slim on rate my blank this week, there's only one person who's been bookmarks so far going in to the finals. Record yours ever, at Thenewsjunkie dot Com just hit the dispatch button.
Speaker 3: Bam. It's like that.
Speaker 4: When we come back, we're going to continue on with the Power Hour. We'll get into the new Bourbon virus that sounds frightening. We'll see what's going on with that and if you need to worry about it. Something that happen in the n Ikea is popping up in the viral news and I'll explain what's going on. That too, is coming up next on the News Chunkie. There are just a handful of the Starry Night magnets available. You can get it by signing up for a premium account and using that as the merch gift that you want to claim with your subscriptions. Thanks to Sun Say John for the twelve gift and subs just going in as I'm saying this, I mean, the list of gifters and subscribers is enormous today, so thank you for that.
Speaker 3: Get those why you can. It's my favorite design we've done in game of magnets.
Speaker 4: Starry Night design on the News Junkie logo and you can claim that if you want by subscribing or giftingsubs over on the Newsjunkie dot com all right, I have some questions about this story.
Speaker 3: I'm going to bring this up here. I did not know this was a thing.
Speaker 4: But there is a guy who is trying to go to Cabbella's, which I believe is kind of like a bass Pro shot.
Speaker 6: That's correct.
Speaker 3: I think it's the same company. Actually, oh, is it right?
Speaker 4: You're right?
Speaker 5: Like you know how like a Panera bread has an Atlanta bread company or actually this will make more sense checkers and rallies parties than Carl's Junior.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, so it's it's like different in different places, but it's still hunting stuff, fishing stuff, outdoorsman stuff.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: So this guy wants to go to Cabella's picture bass Pro shops if that's your local place, and he's driving by with somebody else or somehow he sees that the traffic sucks. So this guy says, ah, wait in the traffic. There's so much traffic on the way to Cabella's, gonna take me forever to get there. So he gets in his helicopter and he flies to the Cabellas, right, And I think they even have like bodycam footage holdaus of the cop walking up to the pilot.
Speaker 3: Who's in this helicopter has a pre roll. I'm stopping them. He's booting that out of the way.
Speaker 4: The cop goes up to the helicopter ask the guy a whole bunch of questions, Hey, did you really do this? Here he goes there's a chopper in an empty parking lot. Flew his own helicopter to thee to beat the lines. So the cop goes up there, right, and when I see this story, I go, Okay, I get it, and he's gonna get in trouble, says A man flew his helicopter from Rosendale to the Cabella's parking lot in Richfield on Saturday this weekend. He decided the drive was too long and he wanted to fly to the store instead. The Washington County Sheriff's office got a call about that, and a deputy responded.
Speaker 3: They met up with a pilot of the helicopter, a.
Speaker 4: Sixty nine year old man, who said he flew to Cabella's because the drive was too long.
Speaker 3: Good on this guy for just having a helicopter at sixty.
Speaker 4: Nine and I'm gonna go by, yeah, yeah, I'm going to Cabella's and I'm gonna fly out of here he said the drive was too long. Here's the kicker. The story from Fox six says he was properly licensed, landed safely, complied with all applicable FAA regulations, sure, and took the time to answer answer the deputies question in regarding helicopter landing requirements. The Sheriff's office added there were no violations or arrests. It was just a unique way to make a shopping trip to avoid all the roundabouts in front of the Capella store.
Speaker 3: He didn't even get in trouble. I don't think he did anything wrong. So you could just fly to places like this. He's just in a parking lot where he's landed his helicopter. I mean, as long as he's.
Speaker 5: Followed the rules of the FAA as far as air safety, and you don't have any local rules or anything about landing your helicopter in a parking lot. I mean people used to land helicopters all the time. This is a big golf thing, right, You have a big golf tournament. I think some of the music festivals do it too, for some of the bigger acts. You know, you have a big golf tournament and so you fly into like an Executive Airport, and then you get on a helicopter and they take you to a field close ISHU to the golf tournament because you're rich and you're doing rich guy stuff, and then somebody picks you up at that field. They used to do it at the YMCA by my house all the time because it was right by Bayhill, so people would fly in for Bayhill. They would land helicopters on the soccer field and everything was cool.
Speaker 3: You can't just land a helicopter on his soccer field. They clear it up with the YMCA. First.
Speaker 4: All right, let's say Josh is building his house. Unless it's an emergency, I mean, then you can really do it. Josh is building a new house. He's already got a house, but he wants to move away from Palletteman, so he's building a new house. And he builds this big, giant house.
Speaker 3: And Josh goes, my house is going to be three stories tall, and on the top floor, I'm gonna make it flat so I can build a helipad. And then I'm going to fly my helicopter around town wherever I want and land at places where I'm allowed to.
Speaker 4: And then I would fly back and I'll land on my helipad at my house. Are you allowed to do that?
Speaker 3: I think the thing holding you back would be if your nameborhood had some sort of hoa that would be like, no, you can't build a helipad on your property. I thought that was everywhere. I thought, no, the same way you can't just build a runway on your property. I think you can't.
Speaker 5: Well, dude, I mean remember that video we had the guy in Alaska that went to like the not a corner store. I think he went to some like store like restaurant. I mean, the way I'm describing it out loud, it sounds like I'm talking about cracker barrel, but it wasn't a cracker barrel. But this is like rural Alaska where kids get their pilot's license before they get their driver's license because there's nowhere to drive. There the way to get around his airplanes. And there was a guy that just left this this diner and hopped in his small plane and turned onto the road that the diner was on, and he had enough space to take off and he pieced out this cool. That's very cool, But you shouldn't be allowed to do that like they've been talking a whole bunch about Orlando International Airport and how they're building this vertical takeoff section of the airport that's supposed to be ready by like twenty thirty maybe twenty thirty five or something, because they're going to start. You know, there are these companies that have these basically gigantic drones that you ride inside that'll do flights to Tampa. Right a couple of weeks ago, it was all over the news. They were talking about at a bunch, and in my head, I was like, why do you have to have unless it's just as a meeting place, as the pilot to put, you know, to take these things back and forth. Why do you even have to have the vertical takeoff airport when you're just the vehicle that in question is pretty small that I just.
Speaker 4: I assumed there were rules on everything flying above us. I didn't assume that you could do this. I think this is what the person was talking about. Is this the chopper, Dude, find a McDonald's.
Speaker 3: I wasn't think of McDonald's, but.
Speaker 4: Somebody a chat so that I try as chopper. You can't just land at a McDonald's. Yeah you can't. We will maybe it's what he's doing, pull it up to a McDonald's. I thought there were way more rules than this. So if it's like if I fits, I sits, I know what's that from. I don't know the internet, So he could fly so weird. So here's the McDonald's drive throw over here. He flies into the middle of the field.
Speaker 5: But this isn't his field, this is not right, so that that part is up for debate whether or not he can land on somebody's field when he doesn't have permission to. But landing in a parking lot, I mean again, it would be up to the retailer to tell the guy, Hey, listen, we don't want your landing helicopters in our parking lots anymore.
Speaker 3: You know that's that's crazy.
Speaker 4: Somebody said they're selling single personal drums on Tamil, like you can buy them yourself.
Speaker 6: This sounds like a catastic I've already trusted that.
Speaker 5: I've already seen a YouTube video where somebody puts together this TMU drone that you can actually you can not only ride in it and fly it like a first person, but it's also remote controlled like a traditional drone. And these two guys not only put it together. But they went out in the field and tested it out, and they were they were a little scared of it.
Speaker 3: But also fascinated by it.
Speaker 5: And so at first the guy just went up in the air and then went back down and was like, wow, that was crazy. I just flew myself inside of a drone. That's insane. And then then they went on from there.
Speaker 17: It was.
Speaker 4: It was actually a pretty fascinating video. All right, well, there you go. I did not know you could do that. But this guy flew to Cabella's because it saved him time and just went in, got his stuff and and on out. When we come back, final dispatches, stories that didn't make the cut, and of course todaylor to wrap everything up for a Tuesday that is coming up next on the News Junkie. Not a lot of time, but I'm gonna try to squeeze in some dispatches and brace yourself. The people on chat wanted a few more dad jokes on the way out. I will try and see if some of these are good. Here is water boy.
Speaker 3: What do you call a woman telling a dad joke? A faux pie? I don't know what that was. What a faux pie? A pho Okay, we're gonna have to move. Uh, here is no man gie.
Speaker 22: Hey guys, I hope you guys are doing well. So I figured i'd tried this dad joke thing out and see how I do. But I heard Sean started working out. You know what his best what his favorite exercises is jumping to commercial.
Speaker 3: Camp.
Speaker 6: All right, I like your notifications sound in the middle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let me tell you. Here's price prepetch.
Speaker 5: So my wife asked me the other day why I carry had done around in the house, and I told her it's because I'm afraid of the stuff that comes.
Speaker 3: She left, and then I laughed. Then the toasting left, so I shot the toaster wiggles and pops.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm not going to tell you how that transcribed your wiggles and pops, sir, but thank you for.
Speaker 3: What.
Speaker 4: M hmm.
Speaker 3: It doesn't say wiggles and pop. It doesn't.
Speaker 6: That's an indicative of the code arenos feeling.
Speaker 3: What has nothing to do with me?
Speaker 4: All right, Well, last one, here's some of these are still bad. Here's snoop frog.
Speaker 3: I bought a belt made of clocks. It was a complete waste of time. Sean liked it because it's the voice book bucket. I laughed at prices.
Speaker 4: All right, let's see there's one more I can work And no, we don't have enough time where I'll try to see if there's any things that are good, but most of them are really, really quite bad. Honestly, let's get the hell out of here. Let's do today.
Speaker 1: I learn following information may make you feel smarter, but will not actually increase your IQ, So don't get cocky.
Speaker 4: Today to get to any of the Nolan Well stuff. Tomorrow, still waiting on the autopsy result on that one. And the rare and deadly bourbon virus hits the United States, with a victim identified as being infected in his own backyard. The bourbon virus also coming from the same tick who causes that meat allergy thing.
Speaker 3: And finally, on the way out to Taylor disband.
Speaker 2: That's right, lymp Biscuit.
Speaker 4: The band Limp Biscuit chose their name to turn away people who would judge music by the name of the artist alone. They said, we purposely a really terrible name, and it is a pretty terrible name, but people called for Nookie to be the outro song, so let's do it. Thank you, Limp Biscuit. Thank you to Josh, Yes, thank you to see, thank you to you, thanks for the gifts, thanks for the subs. We'll see it next time, same time, same place. Miss into the show, give the podcast at thedews junkie dot com. We'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Everybody,