Speaker 1: On air at am five seventy LA Sports and I'm demand of the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: This is the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 1: You are one of the kind, hosted by Petros Papaday guests left school after sixth grade. Look at him and the voice of the Bolts Matt money Smith. The answer is money. There is nothing you can do. You know it's coming. This is the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 2: On the home of your world champion, Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Make us your top preset on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Every day the choice is presented to us to live up to the spirit that is in us or deny it.
Speaker 3: Donnie, you a trust in money. This is our second hour ron A Flex Alert and it's a short show. It's our second hour and it's our last hour. A two to four show. Galpin Ford Broadcast Booth has Dodgers Astros just after five pm, which means Dodgers on deck less than an hour from now. At four David Veasse joined us last hour. He and Tim katesll it up the first pitch a big one as show. Hey Otani will be on the mound and again will not be in the lineup show. Hal Tani the hitter could have helped show hal Tani the pitcher last time he was out as the Dodgers mustard all of one run in his.
Speaker 2: Last start, and Dave alerted Fred Rogan of that this morning. He said, tell Fred Otani is not going to hit tonight. So we look forward to that game and then there'll be another game with Glass now, our dearest friend on the mound in beautiful Houston at eleven o'clock. Dodgers on deck starts at ten, So double up on the games before Matt and I hit the air. And tomorrow there'll be a Laker reaction show from A to nine on am FI seventy Hoops Talk with Alan Sleiwa. We'll do a top story of the day in the next segment about them hoops and what's going on with the Lakers tonight Game one in Oklahoma City. So we have a lot going on, and we'll do about a full show tomorrow and we'll have our own reaction to the Laker game with Jims Worthy and we'll have a full show on Thursday, and we'll have Don McClain and we will be as we say we will handle it. Okay, we are in control on this show, we talked about single Demayo. In the last hour, we talked about the met Ball and listed some of the many athletes that were there. Dwayne the Rock Johnson, if you think he's an athlete, he was there wearing a skirt and he said, the most masculine men wear skirts, That's what he said. Wow. Oh yeah. And then we had David Vassett is.
Speaker 3: Well known and accepted fact.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely, I saw braveheart in that, right, I mean we all saw, Yeah, look at that beautiful. We should start doing it, Matt. We should get him, we should wear him to Downy and we can.
Speaker 3: Let's go. I'm gonna wear one of those flowing Edie Brokell styles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it'll be like the last time I'm gonna show up in a skirt and man's gonna be wearing.
Speaker 3: His chocolate T shirt.
Speaker 2: Thanks a lot, buddy. So anyway, we look forward to uh to being with everybody for the next fifty two minutes or whatever. Sorry about the short shows, but we'll have some full shows in the rest of the week. And you can always podcast everything on the iHeartRadio app for your smartphone or stream it lab. It's a great way to experience great sports talk. It's now time for the word of the day. He hurt me, hurt his words the word of the day. All right, Kate, tustle back and lose that mask. It's a pop up. We're gonna do talkbacks if.
Speaker 1: They're talking in back to BMS talkbacks.
Speaker 4: Talkbacks, Oh, he used to call it.
Speaker 2: We do have any talkbacks. We cannot let the talkback much like the flame at jfkse Grave, That's how I think of it. We cannot let the flame of the talkback die. We cannot let Tim Conway win because, let's be honest, his talkback is they have exactly and they and and that and and his leave a lot to be desired. Ours just leave a little bit to be desired. So here's some talkbacks.
Speaker 3: Petros, you're Latino, Thank you.
Speaker 2: How come you don't talk about hobos anymore? Petros? More hobo talk now? Please wait a minute. We had the whole Matthew Seedorf hoboes in the river. That was just a couple of weeks ago. I mean they cleared out Echo Park. I mean we can we can talk hobos all day and there was no you know what, there was a hobo fire right off the one ten. The other day, I was on the phone with Kate's and I explained I sent pictures of the fire to him, and I felt the heat of the hobo fire on my face when I rolled down my window and I was rolling by. So there you go. There's a little that ass.
Speaker 4: Those song sucks.
Speaker 3: That sounds like some of that was rejected from King of the Hill.
Speaker 4: I'd rather stick an ice pick in my ear than listen to that shooting a whole song.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's terrible, sound like back nah. I didn't like it either. About I'm not gonna jam an ice pick in my ear.
Speaker 2: A tu himano Tuesday, y'all on a sinko to DRINKO no less be the bamboo.
Speaker 3: Just drink a neckro Adello, Come on now from the can.
Speaker 2: Nice try, sir, It goes amel.
Speaker 5: I got another Michelotta and I had a lot listening to that great sports talk Oka l ladies ce doo doo doo doo doo doo doo Petro smoney do do do do Petro smooney doo doo doo doo doo doo do get a job.
Speaker 3: That's good clothes. I didn't see that comming.
Speaker 2: Oh Wow, that's the best one. Yeah, promo, DD's make a promo out of that.
Speaker 6: No boyx noun that the Dodgers aren't playing the Marrinders this week. But I've been using that Scott Staff song in my own life, just in everyday life things. Just like out here in Colorado where I'm at, we're gonna get a big snowstorm. I'm a teacher, so I'm hoping for a snow day. So I'm just up here thinking, keep hoping and.
Speaker 2: Dreaming, and you will get a snooter.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe it'll work.
Speaker 3: I helpe it does, sir, and it will open.
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 7: It?
Speaker 2: What a double pro the perfect game.
Speaker 8: My name is Petros, Papa Docus coming at you straight to the cocksis.
Speaker 3: All the other hosts are obnoxious.
Speaker 2: Wools, drug juice, drugs. Come on Petro sis candy.
Speaker 1: And uh you know you guys, have you know uh what Soviet news, British news.
Speaker 3: Well, somebody has come up with and I think Mexican news.
Speaker 8: Here we go, Mexican news a single setentas Nettles Smith south of the border, but still in North America.
Speaker 2: Wow, detail, put it in, put it in the machine, put it on I mean, gussy it up a little big ones and put it on the boat. Well done.
Speaker 3: Wow, there you go. That was fantastic.
Speaker 2: Well done with the talkback. You can leave your own talkbacks.
Speaker 5: Picture smny.
Speaker 2: Get a jarb. Well done. All right, it is time for the number of the day.
Speaker 8: Here's my number.
Speaker 2: Number of the days.
Speaker 3: Number of the day is fifty nine ninety nine. I took the plunge. I held out as long as I could. I was trying to get it all the way down to ten or twelve bucks. But I will consider it. I don't know, maybe a stalemate, maybe push push. That is what I paid for the annual subscription to Peacock. They originally asked me for one hundred and sixty nine ninety nine.
Speaker 2: I won't walk with that cock. And I didn't watch a game last night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wanted to watch the game. And there's more games that are going to be sent there. So I pop back over to the cock and uh, it said fifty nine to ninety nine for the year, down from one hundred and nine ninety nine, which was their last offer when they dropped it from one sixty nine to ninety nine. And great for yourself, Matt five bucks a month, four ninety nine a month. I'll take the plunge Itch, And just to kind of put in perspective how Peacock is affecting the NBA playoffs, the Lakers tonight are on NBC Thursday, they will be on Prime Saturday, they will be on ABC Monday. They'll be on Prime. Last night, I watched a little bit of that Nick Sixers game. Yeah, it does suck. Nick Sixers was on NBC. Their Game two will be on ESPN, their Game three will be on Amazon Prime, and Game four will be on ABC. The Pistons are going to be on Peacock tonight while the Lakers will overlap the final hour of that game one of the Eastern Conference semifinals. And if you're keeping track at home, as it stands right now, Amazon Prime is one hundred and forty bucks Peacock unless they offer you that discount one hundred and ten dollars esp On unlimited two hundred and ninety nine dollars. That is fifty bucks a month for basketball, fifty dollars a month. So and I'm not even including the over the year broadcast NBC or ABC and what you might have to pay in order to get those on some sort of provider h fifty bucks for five different platforms to play playoff basketball. It's a wild time, y'all.
Speaker 2: One strike, two strike swing over the way. God bless the Martins.
Speaker 7: Oh, please play some more of that Marlin's baseball song.
Speaker 2: It's fantastic, Ronnie, do you have it.
Speaker 3: About?
Speaker 2: This is the song of the day.
Speaker 4: Paya el contador is the title of our song of the day from iconic Mexican folks singing hero and king of ranchetta music, Vicente Fernandez. Because today the Petros and Money Show recognizes Cinco de Mayo.
Speaker 3: We're in eighteen.
Speaker 4: Sixty two and outnumbered Mexican army defeated French forces in the Battle of Puebla, as previously documented by our friend Petros and Great Sports Talk celebrates the symbolic victory with a flex alert. As we move forward, MOI rappido into Dodger Baseball in Houston with the Astros for Game two of three that's taken place this afternoon that get started with our friend Tim Gates. Are Amigo Tim Gates and your Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck show that begins at four o'clock.
Speaker 2: Well, Don Ronnie Moy bonito and gracias.
Speaker 3: You're female.
Speaker 2: Many of us are many of us who are are celebrating today, and that's okay because there was a celebration owned back of the eighteen sixties when the Battle of Pueblo was.
Speaker 8: Up.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna celebrate today, celebrate hard man. I might get up tacos with those hot cheetos crushed in them.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's a good way to celebrates.
Speaker 2: Just goold. Wait to have them.
Speaker 3: Flaming Mexican tater cuts.
Speaker 2: Fall Mexican talks with this Iso ram Chero song.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm d I'm all right.
Speaker 2: We'll be back and we will discuss the Lakers and the top story of the day. We'll do the Dead and Alive, and then we'll get you a Dodger programming. As the Dodgers are in Texas now. They weren't super excited in Texas in eighteen sixty two when the when the French lost. They were.
Speaker 3: Veteran army.
Speaker 7: Gettle Petros Papadakis, Matt money Smith, this is Petro, send money on demand.
Speaker 2: It's a two and mono Tuesday. Happy sinko DeMaio. Everybody, enjoy your day and don't forget how about winning one thousand dollars. Listening between nine and five every weekday will be your chance to win one thousand dollars every hour from AM five seventy LA Sports Bonus Box brought to you by Sweet James Accident Attorneys, their office in La California and Sweet James dot Com. Matt and I are headed to Dodgers on Deck at four o'clock and then tomorrow at ten am they'll get Dodgers fired up again, so there will be two Dodger games and we'll see what happens after the victory last night. Lord knows they staved off the panic brothers and react to the Laker game last night tomorrow and it will be last night when it is tomorrow on Hoops Talk with Alan Sleiewah from eight to nine on A five seventy recapping Game one and taking to your calls live and local. And that has been our schedule and schedule talk for this portion of the show. Seduli Short headed to the top story of the day, Top Story of the day.
Speaker 3: Well, you said it there, Pee. You know, we've got a local morning show on Sure it's a sliver of time, but an hour, but it is local radio, and it is caller driven, and it has a host with experience surrounding the team. He's focusing on much in a Lakers reloaded type way Hoops Talk with Alan Sliwa will focus on the results of a game that will get underway simultaneously with the Dodgers and Astros in Houston live in local means he's taken your phone calls at eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy. So I figured, why not support our man Sliwa, who comes on this show from time to time, and see if we can figure out how the Lakers might make this interesting. Is there any possible path for them to make this anything less than a four game blowout sweet which is what the Phoenix Sun suffered and what the odds makers believe this is gonna be. So I decide to search some historical context precedent and I dig through last season and their postseason run. How did they do it? How did the thunder find their way to the Bill O'Brien Trophy? Was it an easy romp? Was their peril on their path? And the answer was yes, there was two separate series they found themselves than one zero and two to one.
Speaker 2: Holes, so their path was rot with brambles. Indeed, it was peace like the Incredible Journey where the two dogs and a cat found their way home.
Speaker 3: It was exactly like that.
Speaker 2: Oklahoma you know what?
Speaker 3: It was the best worst time. How did the Pacers push the Thunder to the limit to a game seven that Indiana very well might have won had Tyrese Haliburton not blown his achilles. Denver pushed him to seven as well in the Conference Semis. But Denver had one of the best players on earth going badass crazy in that series. Jokic had a forty two point twenty two rebound game in one of the wins. But the two other things that stand out, We'll start with the Nugget series and those three wins balanced scoring. Denver got it from everywhere. Combined with bad three point shooting from Oklahoma City and the Winds. You got at least three, if not four guys with twenty plus points for the Nuggets. And usually there's a bench player that jumps out. In game six, it was Jokich, Murray Christian Braun twenty plus and then some dude named Julian Julian Strather poured in fifteen and just twenty minutes off the bench and the thunder shot but eleven of forty from three to twenty eight percent and they lost. Game three had four guys with twenty plus Jokich, Porter, Junior, Gordon, and Murray in Oklahoma City again could not buy a three nine for thirty five twenty six percent. And as I mentioned, Game one was the Nikola Jokic ghost Bonkers forty two point twenty two rebound, six assist game. But you also had Westbrook in a turn back the clock off the bench eighteen points in eighteen minutes, seven to thirteen shooting. So I guess the Lakers going to follow that blueprint. Lebron has a time machine moment doing his best Jokich impression, thirty plus point triple doubles, Austin Reeves, Ruey Hachimura getting at least twenty one bench player. Let's say Luke Kennard finds the magic he had in the first two games against the Rockets, and he catches fire while leaning into what worked against the Rockets. They held Houston in that series to just thirty one percent from three the deciding Game six, the Rockets shot just eighteen percent under eighteen percent from the three point line. Sounds easy enough. I think the Pacers in the NBA Finals, well, I.
Speaker 2: Mean the more you talk, Matt, you know, I mean, you're building a foundation of words and ideas, and then you'll stand the top that that foundation. And who's to say if that foundation will solidify under you or be cast into the wind?
Speaker 3: Could it be crumbly in nature? It could be lead to collapse of a house that ends in death for all.
Speaker 2: It could be a crumble cookie in Logan, Utah.
Speaker 3: The Pacers in the NBA Finals, it's it's pretty hard to take anything away. In their game one win one hundred and eleven to one hundred and ten. They literally, I mean literally did not lead for a single second of the entire game until Tyres Halliburton hit the game winner with point three seconds left. They were down fifteen at one point. But if you want to pull it apart, I guess Ballance scoring six players in double figures and chet Holmgren had a miserable game, just six points on two of nine shooting. Game three, again, not a lot to take away, save Benedict Mattherin went bonkers off the bench for twenty seven and the thunder went ice cold. In the fourth game, six had a little bit of the Denver nugget style trades. The Pacers blew them out. They led by as many as thirty one, and the Thunder just could not make a three eight for thirty And the Pacers once again had six players in double figure scoring and they fed up Homegren for the second time. He was two to nine again for just four points and six rebounds. So I not catastrophically injured. Not catastrophically injured kick. So if we pull that one apart, can DeAndre Ayton outplayed Chet Holmgren like Miles Turner was out playing him? And they are four matchups this year eight and three points, three rebounds, eight points, one rebound, six points, ten rebounds and six points five rebounds opposite him Holmgren fourteen and four, eleven and three, thirteen and ten, seven and four. But the seven and four was seventeen minutes of that April seventh blowout. You'd like to think eight and should be able to do it. He's not a small center by any stretch a legit seven feet Chet seven to one, eight and zero has him by fifty pounds. The problem is the Thunder deploy those two centers. That is their attack the other sev and Footer, much to the chagrin of Tuka and Adam Ousland. Isaiah Hartenstein playing heavy minutes alongside Chet with his seven foot two hundred and fifty pound frame, meaning likely Eyton and Hartenstein are going to do battle while Ruy Hachamura giving up five inches to Chet. Holmgren will be that head to head and no one's mistaking Ruey as a defensive force whatsoever. But maybe like.
Speaker 2: Samuraial long sword and long sword.
Speaker 3: But can Ruy pull Homegrun out of the paint with his three point shooting, maybe allowing Ayton to get after Hartenstein trying to win ahead to head eliminate Homegren shot blocking ability from playing two big of a role defensively if he can canis threes And they did hold the Rockets to under one hundred points and four of their six games in this last series did the Lakers ninety eight, ninety four, ninety nine, and seventy eight in the deciding game six, So you focus on the MVP shay Gilgess. Alexander has destroyed the Lakers all season, so I assume what likely is going to have to happen here. Time machine, Man, time machine. I don't know if we can get Lebron to Germany and back in time Marcus Smart as well. Can Marcus Smart hop in a time machine where he returns to his twenty twenty two self. It's only four years ago when he won the Defensive Player of the Year. Can he? And it rarely works for a perimeter player. You really have to be a dominant on ball defender to win Defensive Player of the Year from the perimeter. It's typically a big man like Wembin Yama this year unanimously winning it, Dwight Howard. You think about those players in the past, but Marcus Smart won it with incredible on ball manda man defense. Can he rediscover his twenty twenty two self and do that with Sega last three years as the Thunder have emerged as a forest, Lebron's numbers versus Oklahoma City not good. In nine games he averages not bad, but not like really good twenty two points, six rebound, six assists, four turnovers per game. He's got to be way better than that, Like we talked about, He's got to be like Yokich in last year. Semis Lebron Miami Heat, four straight finals, thirty point triple double type stuff.
Speaker 2: The leaves have fallen and the trees are bare. Are golden days our memories.
Speaker 3: From long ago.
Speaker 2: We hear a distant echo in the air that cries, no, no, you can't go home again.
Speaker 3: Austin Reeves is trying to go home. Well, you know he's he at least is young in the legs. And that's the last two years. He's emerged as an All star. So in Oklahoma City the last two seasons, six games, sixteen and a half per on forty five percent shooting, four rebounds, four assists. His numbers this year against them way below his averages. He's averaging twenty four per game on the season, but just fourteen and a half against the Oklahoma City Thunder. So I guess his time machine isn't really a time machine. It's just kind of doing what he did in the regular season before the injury. Twenty five points on fifty percent shooting now is at a long shot, Yes, it is the longest of long shots. And the time machine what does not apply for Luca? I guess because he's hurt. And this is a thing about Luca. You know, what do they say handstrings are tricky. Who the hell knows, and his apparently seems to be pretty bad. But you got Anthony Edwards out there last night, a week or two at week ten days, I think after his hyper extension of his knee in a Timberwolves win. He yet Joe l MB two knee injuries, an appendectomy out there for the Sixers. Cade Cunningham has fractured ribs, a punctured lung, and he's like literally wearing a flat jacket in the playoffs as the Pistons won in seven. Donovan Mitchell has a busted up ankle. He's out there. Victor Wembinyana Wembinyama with the concussion out there, is there a path for Luca to be a surprise participant in these playoffs without it? It certainly seems as though the deck is stacked against him. In hoops talk with Alan Slila, it's going to be a lot of laments and perhaps a little negativity should they be blown off the court as the line is fifteen and a half.
Speaker 2: Wow, Well, it's not like there's a bunch of bloodthirsty white people in Polos that want the Lakers carcasses to be carried around like the Ayatola.
Speaker 3: Yeah, feels like it. You back up a Nissan truck. I guess you could throw the Kadafi in there as well and just drive that carcass around a little bit. Let it slid out from time to time for some people to get their licks in.
Speaker 2: That's what they want.
Speaker 3: It's what they want. And there will be color coordinated T shirts that everyone is required to put on over their button downs, over the aforementioned polos, over their cocktail dresses, because that's what white people do. They show up and work close and they put t shirts or jerseys on. Oh for them. I got a job, Okay, I gotta come here straight from work. Now? What's for me to do here? But good luck? May Alan Sleewa get more than but four or six if he's doing pre and post. And however, our big boss, Brian Long wants to run it from eight to nine in the mornings on Lakers game days or the day after Laker game days, as we'll be live in local tomorrow. May he have something good to focus on because two of the four series in last year's playoffs, they did lose game one and they were pushed to seven games. May the Lakers do it this season.
Speaker 2: Morning after coming up and we have the games, and then the morning after we'll be Alan Sleiewa and we'll see how long it lasts. The Petrosen Money Show will continue. In the very next segment, we'll do the Dead and a live guy, and then we will push you off for a night of Dodgers excitement in Texas. Tim Deverett said the roof was open earlier. This is petros Money on demand. Well, that's it for us today, but tomorrow promises to be a longer show. Dodgers will have an early game in Houston. They will play twice before we get back on Dodgers on Deck at four tonight and tomorrow at ten. Tim Kats calling yee, everybody on their p's and q's to finish the Houston Astros series. Perhaps they'll sweep, perhaps not, sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe yes. Tomorrow eight to nine am, you're gonna have Hoops Talk with Alan Sleewa as well recapping Game one of Lakers Thunder. He'll take your calls live and local eight to nine am to talk Lakers tomorrow. Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe not, who knows. And we look forward to all of that programming. To Dodger Games and Hoops talk with Alan Sleewan. Matt and I will be on around three after Dodger Talk. Maybe a little Rogan and Rodney. You never know. Matt hopes for sure that there will be at least a sliver.
Speaker 3: Well, I think we all do be a shame of those guys to get.
Speaker 2: On, not as much as some, somewant more than others.
Speaker 3: Well, p your dead guy, birthday of the day is Southern news. I don't think we have a Southern American news. But happy would have been ninety nine to Patricia, and Carol just passed away a couple of years back, ninety five, So a good run for pat hell of an actress, award winner, multiple formats, a TV staple, but ahead of anything else, celebrator today. So maybe the folks listening can go check out her her biography or her Wikipedia, or Google her and hit on the images there and recognize that she is, in fact, facially because she is a skinny lady, the human embodiment of the character she voiced Ursula and The Little Mermaid. They used her face as Ursula's face. It's wild a real octopus, the big octopus lady, real stud born in Shreveport. The family moved to la when she was just five, and young Pat got into child acting that a lot of stage. She went to Immaculate Heart and then left for the District Catholic University. Enlisted in the United States, Army began her professional acting career at twenty as Laura La Crawford in the film Hometown Girl twenty five. She makes her TV debut on The Red Buttons Show twenty seven. Her Broadway debut and Catch a Star, an instant success landed her a Tony nomination for Best Featured Actress in a Musical not She did not win, but the following year she would take home an Emmy for her work on Caesar's Hour with Sid Caesar, Oh, Sid Caesar's The Bad Right, and If He's Not the Best Danny Thomas Is. She was a regular on Make Room for Daddy. She was Wicked Stepsister Prunella in the TV version of Rogers and Hammerstein Cinderella, regular on All the Variety shows, Steve Allen, Danny k, red Skelton, All That Red Skelton, Carol To.
Speaker 2: Sent her out a radio and listen to Red Skelton every week.
Speaker 3: Won a Grammy in nineteen eighty for her recorded version of her One Women show, Gertrude Stein. Gertrude Stein, Gertrude Stein.
Speaker 2: That's one of my favorites.
Speaker 3: I know it is, so I brought it up. Shirley's mom on Laverne and Shirley. She was Suzanne Summer's mom on She's the Sheriff.
Speaker 2: She's the sheriff. Right, that's an aunt. No, why I haven't you know? That might have never been brought up again if it was not just brought up right there.
Speaker 3: And then as she got into her eighties, the vo work showed up Scooby Doo, the Goofy movie, Pound Puppy. She was Katrina Stoneheart in The Pound Puppies. Did some Garfield, but the big one was this nineteen eighty nine she portrayed to See which Ursula and Disney's The Little Mermaid and sang this song that is her singing poor unfortunate souls. The following year, she starred on stage once again in The Merry Wives of Windsor in the role of Sir John Falstaff. As a matter of fact, critically acclaim oh Falstaff, she sued Hannah barbera how about this? In nineteen sixty three, she was contracted, signed a deal and everything to voice the character Jane Jetson. Jane his wife. She recorded one episode with a different George Jetson as well and they were both fired.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: She worked into her nineties. She still did Ursula at ninety five years old in twenty twenty two. That was re released posthumously. She was married twice, three kids, Pat Carroll.
Speaker 6: Very exciting, impressed but combersation.
Speaker 2: Two gentlemen avoided when they catch but they don't Inswim and Paul. I want to have tea with her, you know?
Speaker 3: Would that be something? Talk about Red Skelton, some.
Speaker 2: Of the cucumber sandwiches and Sid Caesar, Matt beating out Adele whose relationship with Rich Paul makes her a little less appealing.
Speaker 3: To me, doesn't it? Though? Speaking of poor unfortunate souls.
Speaker 2: It's a Slim Pickens type of day. I always feel like, not the actor, but we will go where we always go when there is Slim Pickens, and that is the character actor worlds Oh, come on from Los Angeles. We celebrate Michael Murphy. He's eighty nine. If you look up his face, you know his face just like Ursula. I think he went to University High and then the Marines was a United States Marine Center five.
Speaker 3: Look at that.
Speaker 2: Then you of A and then you see La and then he taught English and drama at University High right off of Barrington Go Wildcats. Murphy plays generally morally ambiguous characters from un ethical platforms like Mayor's I've Got the Market Cornered on this a lot of bad guys like he really did positions of authority. He's known for his longtime association with the great Robert Altman. So he was in mash and tons of other Altman movies, Brewster McLeod, he was in Woody Allen's Manhattan. Oh He's the mayor of Gotham City. And Batman Returns, you know, the one with Danny DeVito, and as he was in Kansas City, Robert Altman movie in the Year of Living Dangerously. He plays Pete Curtis, an American journalist. He plays Veep in White House Down.
Speaker 3: Just watch that like a year ago together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he blows up on Air Force One. He's in the X Men movies as an evil corporate guy. He's done a ton of TV LA Law all the way to Law and Order Judging. Amy, I didn't see. She's the shareff a lot of Canadian TV.
Speaker 3: Amy.
Speaker 2: Here's one you might never hear.
Speaker 3: Mentioned, Amy, I think stuck around for a while. Yeah, it's a Channel two right, Channel too special. Here's one you may never hear mentioned again. He was on the ESPN poker drama Tilt. The hell was that they had a poker drama till they did a deal with the editor was so hot. Yeah, they had to do a fictional series.
Speaker 2: Yes, he did a half century of television Two Kids. Was married to a Canadian actress Wendy Krusen. He also does lots of narration and other voice work. But there is a clip Matt of him dumping his wife in the famous An Unmarried Woman, which is a fun Manhattan comedy, of course, directed by Paul Maserski in nineteen seventy eight.
Speaker 3: You don't know her anything.
Speaker 2: Her name was marsham Brenner.
Speaker 3: She said, she said, a teacher.
Speaker 7: Twenty six better better blooming nails for a Christ's sake of I was standing there buying a shirt.
Speaker 1: You know, and.
Speaker 7: Standing next to me, she asked me, I like this shirt that she was buying for her father.
Speaker 3: Oh god, I'm so sorry. You tell Patty, you tell Patty that you're sorry. I'm in love with her.
Speaker 1: She good.
Speaker 2: All right, everybody, have a great night. Enjoy Houston. Tim Kates will be a good lay for you, so we'll have mass a and then in the morning they'll be back prescribed Dodgers on deck and it was a good link. And then at ten am you'll have another morning ride.
Speaker 3: That'll be a good lead goodly.
Speaker 2: At eight am you'll have another great morning ride show and slee wan don't forget about that brow at eight am, and then ten am with Tim Kats, David shut another doctor. I have a great night, everybody. Enjoy the game.