Speaker 1: Mojo in the morning show. So when we talk about all of us as parents, I think we are all. If we were going to give a grade, I think we are all. A's right. I think we all.
Speaker 2: I think we strive to be we fail sometimes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I will say this, for the most part, our kids aren't fed up, right, Oh that's a fact. Yes, extremely blessed with how they's turning out. But when it comes to being a parent, when it's a sports parent, Shannon might be a d because because Shannon seems to fail sometimes with her kids sporting events effort. What happened? Well, the other day you told the story about you know smithfield, Yeah, wrong field, that it's wrong field for him.
Speaker 2: I think that was Lucy Lucy's Now.
Speaker 1: Listen, listen to.
Speaker 2: This you guys. I did not grow up playing a single sport zero. I did theater, I sang, I did ballet, So that, like I am, I'm I'm still very much learning. My kids are really great competitive swimmers. They pretty much swim all year round. Summer swim, though, is a different beast, And if you are a swim parent that has a kid in summer swim, you understand this. They are very passionate about their teams, and so Lucy and Smith's team, their team color is purple. So when I go to their swim meets, everybody, all the parents are wearing purple. I don't really have anything that's purple, so I try to wear like a neutral color so that I'm not wearing the color of the opposing team. And at this point, they've been swimming for this team for a couple of years, so I like kind of know the colors of what the other teams are, and I've avoided wearing those colors until this week when I knew the other team and I was like, oh, I'm pretty darn sure that they're green, Like their team color is green, so mental note, don't wear green. I show up in navy blue. I get to the swim meet, I see all the hordes of purple, purple bathing suits, purple dresses, purple shirts, whatever. And then I see the other team. Their entire teering section is in navy blue. Up, So I like walk I walk out into the pool deck and Lucy walks up and She's like, oh my god, go home and change right now. I'm like, I'm not going home and changing, like at this point. I'm here, I've parked my car, I've walked over.
Speaker 1: We good and it's and it's not a situation where and it.
Speaker 2: Sounds stupid, but it is a thing.
Speaker 1: It's a home swimming pool. You can buy merch. Like they don't have merch there.
Speaker 2: You can't do that. No, So like you're stuck purple? Why do you not like purple? No, I just don't have a plethora of purple in my closets and opportunity to shop. So here's the other thing. I don't belong to this swim club, so it feels kind of strange to me to wear. Yeah, like it's as you could. It was ninety degrees, you know, So that is tough.
Speaker 1: That is tough when you show up at an event, you.
Speaker 2: Know, uncomfortable. Anyway, I don't belong to this club. So I get there and I'm like, all right, can I buy myself to cheer them on? And then I'm like, f f F, I'm wearing the wrong color.
Speaker 1: Kevin, Anna and Bianca, Lydia and Zach I. My kids were never swimmers, but I've gone our friends, Uh, Jessica and will Christy their kids swam, and Chelsea and I said, we're gonna go see.
Speaker 2: It light blue.
Speaker 1: There's a different it's.
Speaker 2: A different ways. I'm it sounds so dumb. She's wearing their own color. They will eat you a lot.
Speaker 1: So if these parents are like they're like country club parents, so they're they're kind of already like they got a little uh, you know, google their bougie. But they drink and they party and they get kind of kind of crazy and they get a little caddy. And I bet you that those I bet you the parents talking about talking about you.
Speaker 2: They're all talking about me.
Speaker 1: I know what, Well, I just I just take a link for a purple shirt that says swim mom. So we're good. Next, gosh, do you have your car decorated? Because I see also when I you know, it's driven in you know, Orchard Lake.
Speaker 2: And yeah, well that's a thing.
Speaker 1: I'll see these cars decorated. The parents like and they draw like, first off, I love my kids. My kids went to these all these wonderful kids school, Notre Dame Prep, Marris Grade School. I would never put a fighting Irish thing on my car. I don't put things on my car. I don't know, and I would never even if my kids and Joe played for the Catholic League Championship for football and baseball. I don't think I would even let my kids draw on the car. Like these kids, don't they do that on their car? That's the thing. Yeah, what is it that they're drawing with? Is it? Like?
Speaker 2: I think there's like a car paint car markers, right, I think they actually sell those on Amazon.
Speaker 1: Like if Luke said to me, he goes, Dad, can I, you know, write writing on the car? I would probably say no too. I used to show up at games at Notre Dame Prep and I hated green because a guy that is two hundred and eighty pounds wearing green is not good looking. Shrek, do you know what?
Speaker 2: You were a green quartership earlier this week and it was a pleasant surprise to see you in not black or navy.
Speaker 1: The sun goes to Michigan States. You can't get away from it. Yeah, I and that's true. But green. Back in high school days, I actually would go on to the Notre Dame University that was the University of Notre Dame. I would go on their merch page and buy better stuff because the school bookstore Notre Dame Prep, it wasn't good like bad stuff? What kind of So how do we grade Shannon as a mom on this? One hair with Lucy Heart was there? It was your heart?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Give you a for heart execution. When is the next swim?
Speaker 2: Do they have Sunday?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: And I know the colors of this that's the color of black and white.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you don't want black.
Speaker 2: We got to so I'm not wearing black and white.
Speaker 1: So they don't wear purple all the time?
Speaker 2: They do? They do. I'm saying the opposing team is black and white.
Speaker 1: I asked you a question about swim because again I was a little confused when I was there with the Christies. Do you like, do you your kid is only There's your kid only swim like one time out of the whole day? Multiple?
Speaker 2: Well, it depends. I mean Lous and Smith are in They're usually in like four different events each.
Speaker 1: I feel bad for the kids who you can tell don't want to be there when it's a sport like swimming, because if the kids that want to go in the pool, you're like everybody sees you because you're swimming against everybody. Like it's not like in basketball or whatever that you Yeah, you play in the sand or playing the infield. Whatever, you guys have.
Speaker 2: To come to one, pick weeds.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I would come. It's a party, like it's no party. Where are they getting the drugs at the at the bar? Oh yeah bool? Oh yeah. This is the most lits for ever. Yeah yeah, I'm telling you man, that's that's out of all the sports. That would have been my favorite sport if the kids were going to play it. Somebody said that there's window crans. What is that? Yeah, crayon, I say everything. Now, you said craig On, You said, I say crayons. Crayons. Remember when they dropped the sixty four box with the sharpener in.
Speaker 2: The bay and then it went to ninety six.
Speaker 1: I guess by what? Yeah, there's not you're decorating your mom's car. You're not decorating dad's car.