Speaker 1: What a week. Huh, what a week. It's only Wednesday. We got a lot of stuff this week.
Speaker 2: So we have Easter April Fools Opening Day, and then we got secret sound with money. Uh, We're doing the ten thousand dollars Mojo pays your grocery bills giveaway with a five at six fifty five. I know it's nuts. And then we have da opening day tickets, Tiger's Opening Day tickets. We're gonna give those away on Friday. Be listening to the show opening day. We'll be broadcasting from Comerica Park, so that will be a fun little deal. God, there's a lot of stuff going on. Is there anything you're most excited about? Yes, I'm most excited that Colleen and Tony are out of town.
Speaker 3: We can wait. I know where Tony is. Where Colleen? She just in vacation.
Speaker 2: I think Colleen, if I'm not mistaken, is in Paraguay skinny dipping, skinny dipping off.
Speaker 3: Of Honestly, I don't know, no, Okay, I.
Speaker 1: Don't keep trying. I was like, good, how I knew she was out of town.
Speaker 2: I sent an email and I said, she's out of town, she's out Easter Sunday is coming up. Easter is this weekend, and Shannon wants to know what is the Easter food?
Speaker 1: What is there an Easter food?
Speaker 4: Well, okay, so I am having my family over for Easter dinner on Sunday and I have no clue what to make. And I'm like, Okay, growing up, we always had ham. But that's because we had a family member who ate ham. I feel like he was the only one that ever ate the ham. Nobody else really ever ate it. And so West is like, you need to you need to order a ham. I know, I'm just this, this thing's gonna go to waste. So I'm like, okay, I need to make like actual dishes that people are going to eat. And so we were talking about this last night and he said we should make a lasagna and I.
Speaker 1: Looked at him.
Speaker 4: I'm like, Lazangna doesn't scream Easter Sunday spring to me. Lazangna screams like I love wintery, like warm.
Speaker 2: In the the family, our family, the Chelsea's family, we always had lasigna. We would have it at Christmas, we would have it to Easter. Chelsea's mom, she's Italian. Yeah, so Italian families eat lasagna. Yeah, my family's Italian. Like I feel like my mom made Musta Tolley for everything.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: What to I'm not good at this anyway.
Speaker 1: You know this, you don't.
Speaker 4: Like It's okay, It's okay, love that.
Speaker 3: It's just I'm like, I feel like I need something.
Speaker 1: It was always more about the somebody really like potato.
Speaker 3: I told my mom to make her cheesy potatoes.
Speaker 2: I always, by the way, there's a difference between cheesy potatoes. There's are they the cheesy potatoes with the corn flakes on top of it?
Speaker 4: Does like the potatoes with tons of cheese corn flakes on top?
Speaker 1: Does she do scallops?
Speaker 2: Because I always feel like it's I always feel like scalop potatoes or.
Speaker 3: The are the I like scaleo potatoes. I don't think anybody else does.
Speaker 1: Your mom would put corn flakes on her potatoes.
Speaker 2: No, you would put it on top to you would put you'd make a cast role. Actually it was my neighbors that did this. So my neighbors, the Dollums would do. She would make cheesy potatoes. She would put them in there with like the cheese, like Shannon's doing in there with the cube things. And then they would put corn flakes on top and it would turn into a cast roll.
Speaker 1: It's delicious. Like the cereal with the green person on the front.
Speaker 2: Uh yes, yeah, the cereal that it's made by Kellogg's, right, isn't it made by Kellogs?
Speaker 1: Why do you got?
Speaker 2: I don't make fun of likes and COLLI listen to Collar Greens for.
Speaker 1: The Basically you're lying.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, but that is that is No, that's bad. You don't got good taste, But that's like what is that?
Speaker 1: I'll say this.
Speaker 2: I think Easter it's it's interesting because I feel like they're all the same. Easter, Christmas, Thanksgiving. They're all like an offshoot of each other. Because I feel like that's how my my Easter has been. It's not as much food, i'd say, but it's kind of the same stuff.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: No, I think that for for Christmas. Uh, that's what I was going to say. I think for Christmas that you got to eat like something like I'm a big believer that you got to have turkey ham like kind of Thanksgiving any type food, and you got to have like prime rib maybe or something like that in our family, and then for Easter, you gotta have ham and lamb.
Speaker 1: You gotta have lamb with a little minchellity lamb.
Speaker 3: They're not going to eat that.
Speaker 1: Just have it out.
Speaker 3: I like lamb chops.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you gotta have The Smith would probably cry.
Speaker 3: Lucy would cry, oh my god, no, this is what I mean.
Speaker 4: Mommy saw that coming into work on Friday morning and he was alive and looking at me so sad.
Speaker 3: Please come save me.
Speaker 2: I'm good, Please, I'm eating, saying lamb, I think you got to have good food like that. Hold on a second here, Oh god, Kim, what is it that you eat for Easter?
Speaker 5: I don't need it, but I want to recommend rabbit soup.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's that's crazy stuff.
Speaker 2: That is.
Speaker 6: I follow a homesteader and she raises me rabbit. So it just popped into my head.
Speaker 2: I could never eat anything that they don't have at the Kroger meat counter. In no way, I'm getting rabbit. Get some rabbit in there, camp.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. I would try it. Would you try it? Kelly? What is it that you guys eat for Easter?
Speaker 6: We used to do him dinner all the time, and then I found out the kids hated it.
Speaker 7: And I'm like, well, why are he told me that?
Speaker 6: So now we cook out on the grill.
Speaker 4: You know, that's actually an interesting Wes said that too, because he's like, what's the weather going to be? Like I said, I think it's going to be warm, it may rain, And he's like, why don't I just throw a bunch of stuff on the girl? I said, But then, like, I like having everything done when people show up, because then you don't have to worry about it.
Speaker 1: Although that to me screams fourth of July, and so like that.
Speaker 3: Idea a hamburger on Easter, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think you got to have some meat because you're coming off of the fact that you haven't eaten meat on Fridays. And I think you got to have like a big old thing of me. What did Jesus eat? What did they eat at the last Supper? That's what you got to eat, right, you gotta have whatever it was eating at the last supper, lots of wine and women in song. I don't know what he got Kid's Bible?
Speaker 3: Did you?
Speaker 1: I don't know what's up? What's up? Lena?
Speaker 5: Hey you guys, good morning, Good morning. So I'm doing something a little different. I typically do like the cam and dressing and all that. But I'm gonna do corn beef, black corny and cheese cabbage and yeah it's mc corn bread.
Speaker 1: Good. What do you think of collared greens? Watch?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 5: So you've got to make them right but one.
Speaker 3: But they're good if you make them right with.
Speaker 1: The turkey meat in there.
Speaker 8: Ye yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Have you ever had them?
Speaker 2: I have, I've tried them before. You gotta have catfish. You gotta have collar greens on the cat I can't do catfish either. Can't anything with the whiskers. I'm not doing They don't cook them with the whiskers on it. Hold on a second, guess who's on the phone. This is the the person that used to do all all our cooking and our family and Pad is on the phone.
Speaker 1: Hi, Pad? How are you?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 1: Pat?
Speaker 2: What did good? What do we eat in our family for Easter? What was our normal Easter meal?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 6: We had the party potatoes that you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, those are great.
Speaker 6: We had ham, We had scrambled egg castroles.
Speaker 1: So like a little brunches.
Speaker 6: Yeahsage bacon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we'd have like a breakfast type of and then wouldn't we always.
Speaker 1: Uh wouldn't we always do?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 1: Scallop potatoes was always a big deal, right we have those?
Speaker 6: No, Mom made party potatoes potatoes with the course.
Speaker 1: And would you make your Hawaiian salad all the time too?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we had Hawaiian salad and then we had the pig salad, the cuttage cheese.
Speaker 1: And uh, yeah, are you taking this Easter?
Speaker 6: And Pat, I'm doing nothing. We're going over to my brother Tony's house and Jacob's going to be there.
Speaker 1: That's right, Jacob will be there, wait to see you. He's Jake is Jacob.
Speaker 2: And Chris are going to be here and h and we're going to a big brunch. We're going and getting a big buffet. Pat, me and Luke.
Speaker 1: And Chelsea and and uh, Zach here from the show are going to go.
Speaker 2: Pat's called me yesterday and Pat and she goes, I think it's so cute that you're having Zach there, I said, Pat, you would fall in love with the kid. Isn't Zach like the greatest? Hold on? Stay right there, Pat, Hold on, Morgan, what do you what do you guys do for Easter?
Speaker 6: Okay, well, first time, long time?
Speaker 1: Hold on Morgan, Listen listen to what she eats. What do you got, Morgan?
Speaker 7: So it's more my grandpa's.
Speaker 6: So it's they cooked turtle, whether it's like turtle soup.
Speaker 9: Or like baby.
Speaker 5: I've never ate it, I will I refuse to eat it, but they eat it.
Speaker 1: Where are you guys from that.
Speaker 6: Part of the family, from like Marysville, Ohio?
Speaker 2: Like I would say, I've never had like turtle or turtle soup. But if I were to have turtle soup, I got to eat it out the shill. Oh I can't do turtle or frog legs or any of that stuff. Hold on, Mike, what do you guys eat?
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 3: I haven't had that.
Speaker 2: We used to have cornish hens in our family, didn't we, little baby hens?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Cornish hens are great.
Speaker 7: Mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, that's good.
Speaker 7: I figured that's supposed to Easter.
Speaker 1: You probably crazy. What else you got? What else you got on the table?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: That's the that the winy noodles?
Speaker 3: Random like the lip remember those?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, uh, Pat didn't we used to have I know he had corner stands. Do we have chicken kiavs?
Speaker 3: To what that?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Chicken kivs?
Speaker 1: Yeah, those were so good chicken, Cavs chick? Do they really? Hold on? Hold on, Jason, what do you think we should do?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 9: I was wondering if West had a smoker. If so, he could brisket that screams like Halloween to me. I do a honey bourbon glazed ham.
Speaker 1: Talking. Where are you from?
Speaker 8: I live in Kentucky now I'm outside Louisville.
Speaker 1: Man, you do you go out to the uh you know Hiller?
Speaker 2: Yeah, a buffalo tracks and get yourself a big old thing.
Speaker 1: Yep? I like it? Yep.
Speaker 8: Yeah, No, I've I got a smoker in my family. I now get to cook all the meats. They're pretty upset that we I'm not going to be around for Easter this year. We're going to Panama City Beach or a baseball tournament for my son's.
Speaker 1: High school team.
Speaker 2: I actually like when families are our way on vacation and they have to celebrate their Easter or Christmas at a restaurant.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Like, you go to a restaurant and you got no cleanup page? Are you there?
Speaker 2: Page page brings up something interesting because Shannon doesn't like the ham. But there's a specific cam you have to have for Easter.
Speaker 1: Right page.
Speaker 2: Page, page, page, that's just gone page at a spiral ham You gotta have a spiral. Spiral hams are a deal. Honey, honey bag. Yes, Kathy, what do you guys eat?
Speaker 7: Uh? This is Grandma Kafy Mojo.
Speaker 1: Hi Kathy, how are you?
Speaker 7: I'm fine. We have a big polish space. We have three kinds of progies. We have two kinds of kebasa ham, a pineapple spread. You put on the ham, cheesy potatoes.
Speaker 1: Oh god, so good.
Speaker 7: That's the balls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Grandma Kathy's inviting everybody over. How many people will you have at the table?
Speaker 1: Kathy?
Speaker 7: Well, we just eat wherever we can because my house is a big, but we have about fourteen people.
Speaker 1: I love. I love when you have like eighty people at your house.
Speaker 2: In your house is like literally, you know, uh, six hundred square feet, like anything's the greatest. And then you have to have part of the people sitting outside.
Speaker 1: I love it. Yeah, that's the I'm sorry, guys you're standing up eating.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: Those are the.
Speaker 7: Vast kind of find a corner, you know, exactly, five little kids running around.
Speaker 2: My favorites are my favorite holidays are pats condo and being able to be at Pat's condo where there's so many people in there. The fire department comes and says, there's a limit to how many people, right, Pat, you can't have that many people in their house.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and we have a lot of people. It's because you're a one room and then.
Speaker 3: You've got to do an East rug hunt. I have to do an East drug hunt.
Speaker 1: Yes, I used to do.
Speaker 2: Do you remember, Pat, when I would wake up in the morning and find the eggs and then rehide them.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, you and Billy and Mom would be a nervous wreck because she was I wouldn't know where the eggs were, and she was afraid she'd just mount them.
Speaker 2: There'd be ones left over. That's where you actually knew because we use real eggs. Do you guys do like real eggs?
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, I hide the plastic line?
Speaker 1: What's that thing called paths? Or yeah? I love decorating eggs. I was always a punt.
Speaker 3: It's like you put the tabs in the vinegar.
Speaker 1: And then, by the way, Pat, who was who was Mom's favorite? Uh? We just talked about favorites a couple of minutes ago.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, Mary, Joe was because she was Mary Joe, and you were because unfortunately being the youngest. You were the youngest, but unfortunately she was sick most of your life, so she felt guilty.
Speaker 1: About Baby's always favorite.
Speaker 6: You got a surprise every single day?
Speaker 3: Every day, Like what kind of surprise?
Speaker 1: My mom would go to the grocery store every day time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, one time, this is the story I tell everybody. So we came home from school. You know, Tommy was there playing with his little matchbox cars in his underwear, and he goes, I got a surprise today, and it was good humor bars that he hit in the He hit him in the cabinet.
Speaker 1: So nobody could eat him. And I didn't realize.
Speaker 2: Every every day, Mom, I would go to the grocery store with my mom every single day for dinner. She would make dinner every sing all night, and every day she would go, you can go pick something out, and I would pick it out. And the weirdest thing was the time that I came back with eight pounds of prime rib and I said, Mom, this is my surprise to me.
Speaker 1: I'm just kidding. All right, We'll talk to you later. Pat, I love you bye, pet love it. I love you