Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on a M five to seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio while it's.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 3: No congratulations necessary.
Speaker 2: All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadakas, terrible person, He's the worst.
Speaker 3: And Matt money Smith.
Speaker 4: The pipes, the pipes, the pie.
Speaker 3: Don't miss an episode. We're with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow the Petros in Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadakas and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 2: How great is that? How great is that?
Speaker 4: A fool would solve the case if everyone told the truth?
Speaker 5: You spetro some money A five seventy LA Sports live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app and live on location in Downy, California, the corner of Firestone in Lakewood. That would be the Stonewood Center. We've been here before. We'll be here for two and a half hours. Always a great crowd, great people, a great time. In the holiday season, the football season. It's Monday Night football pe Then we are live at the BJ's restaurant in brew House, and we have got plenty of prizes to distribute over this next we'll call it one hundred and forty minutes or so.
Speaker 4: Tell them why we're on early, Matt, fix the PA, so I'm not upset.
Speaker 2: The PA is working.
Speaker 4: Finally we got our own PA. Why adjusted correctly? Tell them why we're here, Matt, why we're on so early.
Speaker 5: We are on so early because we have Clippers basketball as they begin an East Coast swing, a five game road trip that will affect the Petros and Money Show significantly over the course of this week, which is why it is a one to three point thirty power Lunch performance on the Petros and Money Show. And we appreciate each of you for joining us in the middle of.
Speaker 4: Your work day. And I did do what was Matt's idea. I was wrong to pooh pooh it. I did wear a collared shirt and a tie. Nathan tied my tie for me with your tie. He was very nice to do that. We have one Willie Lowman like listener sitting behind Nathan, and no one had to wear a tie for the Petros and Money Power Lunch. But Matt's idea, it was a good idea. So I am festooned with a tie today and we are hopeful.
Speaker 1: Hopeful music at noon, hopeful music at new Matt.
Speaker 4: Has his standard voice of the Bolts, Travis Matthew.
Speaker 2: To be honest, I forgot about the suit.
Speaker 4: It's okay. I would have wore a nice tweet jacket. I know you would have real nice, do you, Matt. You know you could dip back into your professorial wardrobe and pull something out. But we are hopeful that we have a good show and that everybody enjoys what we have to offer. We'll have a top story of the day, We'll have a flip top story of the day. And here's Matt Muddy Smith, the comfortably attired voice of the Bolts. With our prizes that we have today, and Matt, I don't think our prizes are going to grow exponentially like the erection of a man's Because Dave Weize is not here, No miss January, worry about that. I'm sorry I should have said.
Speaker 2: No, Miss January. Uh No, Dave Weissee however.
Speaker 4: It's like they're missing the power launch and they're really missing out extended holidays.
Speaker 5: I believe he's still in Oregon if they're there. If they're here, they feel your eyes judging them, and they give us trust off to give away for stuff. Yeah, however, some texts were sent. I brought this belt in case anybody wants it. Oh, I bought this belt online and I never wore it.
Speaker 4: So nice.
Speaker 2: That's a nice leather belt.
Speaker 4: Have to be kind of portly. But here's a belt for you.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you should throw that. It's gonna I'm not going to throw it, yeah.
Speaker 4: But if you want me to, I'll discipline. How about how about our man in a suit? I mean, yeah, all he might be you know, he's got a nice trim Clint Eastwoold like he really does, and he might be a little too trim for this belt. You might have to cut some notches into it.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 4: And I've also brought an array of T shirts and hats, slightly used all of them and what we call them now, And it's very popular especially at the card stores. Game Warn, game Warn, game Warn attire, except for the belt, which I've never worn.
Speaker 2: But I think that's referred to as new old stock.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So somebody who's got like thirty six thirty eight, come on up, and be shahy yeah, and you'll I'll give you this belt. But anyway, we also have other prizes that are not Game one.
Speaker 2: So here's here's what happened.
Speaker 5: We began the day with three DJ's restaurant in brew house, fifty dollars gift cards. Pretty great, right, fifty bucks. Big thank you to our partners here at Bjay's. Three fifty dollars BJ's rest running brew House gift cards one and this hour the one o'clock hour, one in the two o'clock hour, and one at the back end of the two o'clock hour.
Speaker 2: We'll give those away.
Speaker 5: We were given one pair of Chargers Eagles tickets for Monday night football. Now, through the course of electronic transmissions and digital communications, we have managed to multiply that one pair of tickets to two pair of tickets to the Chargers Eagles Monday.
Speaker 2: Night football game.
Speaker 5: So it's a big game, right, one this hour, one next hour for Chargers Eagles. And then, in an effort to make sure every single break that we take the commercial breaks as we have been told, they will be meety today and.
Speaker 4: You guys can play the house music turned to break.
Speaker 5: That's right, so we will have at least one prize for each commercial break. We were also given one pair of tickets to our private Knots holiday party.
Speaker 4: I'm not even going to that. I don't even have tickets to that.
Speaker 5: We don't we do not have tickets, but apparently one of you is going to win a pair to go Thursday, December eleventh, from seven until eleven pm.
Speaker 2: Those will be email to you.
Speaker 5: So if you like Knots and who doesn't and you want to go, is that a private party?
Speaker 2: Look at that private party, so you want to get on the.
Speaker 5: Ghost rider, you know, probably gonna be significantly shorter lines for that fine attraction.
Speaker 2: So we will have one pair of Knots private party.
Speaker 4: Die. No one will find your body, No, It'll just be jammed inside. You know what I'm saying. It was a private party and a lot of less people, right, So one pair to Notts, two pair for Chargers Eagles, three BJ's Restaurant in brew House, fifty dollars gift cards something for every single break is a thank you to all of you this holiday season for coming out to join our power lunch. All right, well it's time to talk about downy California. Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 4: Man. Wow, man, I don't think anybody needs to freak out. It's Downey. I would like to see at least one more person show up in a tie, but I realized that I was wrong to suggest it. It's fabulous to be here in Downey. Downy's a great talent of prosperity, innovation, unblievable, centrally located Gateway City. We've had a few shows here over the years, and one of those shows we forgot our own PA.
Speaker 3: It's just hard.
Speaker 5: Did we forget it or did it not turn on? It didn't work. We couldn't get it to turn on.
Speaker 4: Why did it not work? Because you didn't bring something?
Speaker 2: What did you not bring?
Speaker 4: There was something you.
Speaker 5: Didn't bring A power adjuster, yeah, the power It was you. We're good now, but every time we.
Speaker 4: Come back, I'm reminded of just how angry I was that day, and my blood gets up a little bit, and looking at Johnny and his stunner shades makes me feel that way once again. But today we do finally have our own PA that works.
Speaker 2: We're all good now.
Speaker 4: And that's the second time in a row. It has been like one thousand and fifty two days since our last accident here at the BJS in Downey, and we're happy to be here for the petrols and money power lunch. Nothing exhibits more power than attacking a deep dish pizza and two IPAs before two.
Speaker 3: O'clock, great sports talk, and we.
Speaker 4: Will be here until three thirty. Just think how bloated and blown out you will be by three thirty.
Speaker 5: One legendary remix, some fried chicken strips and two IPAs.
Speaker 4: Filled with dough and crisp and curl pepperoni.
Speaker 2: Handmade Italian sausage.
Speaker 4: It's a three thirty hand crumbled if you can make it by hand, it's a three thirty I'm just gonna rip this pig shred pregame show and a four thirty tamp lou Ferigno Ma. The clip Ship will most likely lose, of course, but we are winners here in Downy the Mexican Beverly Hills. As you know, we love to celebrate Inestoria. Of these many LA towns we visit, in particular the Gateway Cities and recently matt Here in Downey we have embraced the style of surf and rock instrumental music.
Speaker 3: That's a good thing.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 4: It is. It is that I like this soundtrack, recorded right here in Downey, California, and particularly associated with Downy Studios. Nothing sends us sprinting down Firestone Boulevard. Matt like the hardcore mix and the combination between surf music and hot rods okay, sucking down and nine and instrumentals great sounds, right, Bands like the Nevigands, the Chanteze, the Rumblers, and the Blazers. Come on, man, some of those people died of syphilis before the Uh yeah, it was a different song, but it's still a great memory to this day. In fact, there's a two thousand and eight compilation album that inspired me and should inspire you. That album is called It Came from the Beach, which is an ironic name because we're not.
Speaker 2: Near the beat no relatively, but it.
Speaker 4: Says it came from the beach, surf drag and rockin' instros from Downy Records. I want winners. It's four winners, not like the Clippers who are going to lose tonight.
Speaker 3: Come on, come on, man.
Speaker 4: It's a must download for all Bears, Vikings and Gateway City enthusiasts. So let's look forward to two and a half hours of great sports talk.
Speaker 3: Every damn Chris Today, Sports.
Speaker 4: Talk, the Pettersen Muney Power Lunch Good. It'll be good with a hot rod theme. And if any of you tryhards, want to race Matt down Firestone Boulevard in Matt's Mazda after the show.
Speaker 5: It does have sport mode for pink slips. I can put it in sport mode and you better look.
Speaker 4: Matt will Matt will race down Firestone or he'll race down Lakewood for pink slips in his Mazda. Is that right? Just like Harrison Ford in American Graffiti, Matt will race you. And he came in here and that's what he came in here, and he was chopping his gum like Burt Reynolds in the Uh in the in the Smoky in the bandit. And Matt was chopping his gum and he said, I got a hanker, And I said, what are you gotta hanker it for? He's got I got a hanker in the race. And he had a glove. He's got a race gloves, a driving gloves, knough, So you know what to do. Matt will use his swollen arms and his flappy swinging surf hair, and he will take your pink slip and laugh as the Chargers beat the Raiders, and he'll laugh that chargers type of laugh. You go back on the hill. I will when the show is over. You rest assured that I will be taking the one oh five to the seven to ten to the ninety one to the one ten and exit Anaheim Street unless it's clogged, and then I'll get off on pH I will go back up on the hill when this is over. But Matt is gonna get in his Mazda and he's gonna race one of you down Firestone or Lakewood, and there ain't nothing the cops can do about it. And Matt's gonna take your freaking pink slip. And it doesn't matter what you drive. A Subaru, Matt's got a hankering for it. As long as they sell it at gallping Ford, Matt will take your pink slip. He'll get it to Gallpin and they'll chop it up like that Nick Cage movie. They'll chop up the car and they'll never see it again. That car will be scattered all over the world. That could be your fate today, December first. That's how you start your holiday season, Matt smokes your.
Speaker 5: Ass in a seven passenger maz To sub that is Burgundy, by the way, and you drive off.
Speaker 4: The road like speed racer, like just a huge ball of flames. That's what we're talking about right here at the Stonewood Center. You go back on him.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm looking forward to that exactly right.
Speaker 4: So that's what we got going on, and we will come back and we will do I can do a top story of the day on college football.
Speaker 5: We got some big football action over the Thanksgiving holidays.
Speaker 4: La hired and coach. They hired Kenny Chesney's son, which is an amazing thing.
Speaker 2: Our first Bob since the nineties.
Speaker 4: Bob Chesney. He's kind of like a white guy. He's not a big white guy, but he's got like a big chin. It's like that he's a bob, you know. Yeah, Well he's job let's coach something. But really one of those narrogantt beer types. He has a deep, deep mid excuse me, New England roots.
Speaker 2: Sounds like the mayor of co Hoag little bit.
Speaker 4: No, but he's from Pennsylvania, okay, but a lot of his you know, Holy Cross assumption. He's got a small college background, and he'll either be a great coach for UCLA or he'll drown in the Pacific because it's just not it's a hard place. Is he going to learn LA and figure out the high schools here? Is he a transcendent coach in that way? Like a lot of these small college guys are like like Kaylen de Boor and many others. I think it's a great hire. They could have done a lot worse, no doubt about that. We'll discuss it all. Let's talk about Bob, Bob and Lane and everything else under the sun.
Speaker 2: You know how big this is for us.
Speaker 3: Bob, are we ready?
Speaker 2: I mean we can, we can really, Bob.
Speaker 3: Are we ready?
Speaker 2: We can really lean into our Bob. Are we ready? Well?
Speaker 4: Are we ready? I think I think Bob is looking forward to building a staff. Bob, are we ready? We're not ready? Bob?
Speaker 3: Are we ready?
Speaker 4: We're not ready? But I did We're ready. I did suggest because u CLA Football or whatever is on a talk station now and it's not affiliated with us, but I did suggest, like, hey, why don't we text UCLA and be like, hey, we're ready for Bob.
Speaker 2: We're ready for Bob.
Speaker 4: Bob Are we ready? If you guys want to go on a sports show, Bob, are we ready? You can't come on with Larry Elder. This Larry Elder don't care about Bob. So we did. We're saying, what about Bob, we'll take him here.
Speaker 3: We're not ready.
Speaker 4: Do you want somebody to hear your coach? He's welcome on the Petrosen Money Show. Welcome tomorrow, Bob. Are we ready? We're ready for you. But Bob, it's not ready to play yet. Bob's got to win a playoff game. Bob's got to do a lot of things. He's still winning sun Belt for use. CLA football is in trouble, and we'll see if Bob makes the playoffs, because if he.
Speaker 2: Does, it's a great day to be a lot and be a bruin.
Speaker 4: He's gonna stay on the East Coast for a little while longer.
Speaker 3: Bob, Are we ready?
Speaker 4: And we'll be back with Mark Petroson Money on amphi seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 1: That's right, Bob, We've made it even easier to take LA Sports with you this summer. Make AM five to seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast. A preset on the iHeartRadio AP using Apple Car Play or Android Auto.
Speaker 5: Road Trip all summer with La Sports Live at the BJ's Restaurant in brew House in Downy. It is great sports Talk. The Petro sand Money Show will be going Great Sports Talk until three thirty pm. Adam Oslin who hosted the hour before us. We'll have Clipper pregame at that time going into Clippers Miami Heat. Come on Man four thirty pm. Place if you're in the area, come see us. If you're out shopping for Cyber Monday, but you eschew the cyber outlets for actual brick and mortar retailers to support your local communities.
Speaker 4: Come to the power Line.
Speaker 5: We would love to see you at our power Lunch and we're giving away prizes. Already gave away a fifty dollars gift card to Abjay's Restaurant in brew House. It is available to use at any of the Greater Southern California locations for Bjay's Restaurant in brew House. We have two pair of tickets to give away to Chargers Eagles on Monday Night Football a week from today, and a pair of tickets Thank you, a pair of tickets to our exclusive private Coast one OZH three point five FM notts Berry Farm party a week from Thursday seven to eleven pm.
Speaker 4: There is a new coach at UCLA. He's forty eight years old. He lives on the East Coast, but not anymore. Bob.
Speaker 3: Are we ready?
Speaker 4: His name is Bob Chesney, Bober. He leaves James Madison University after two seasons. A graduate of Dickinson College, Chesney served as the head football coach at Salve Regina University in Newport, Rhode Island, HIRA from twenty ten to twenty twelve. A small Catholic university in Newport, Rhode Island, twenty six hundred students, Division three. They are the Seahawks. Bob Chesney did well enough there to move on to Assumption University. This is their theme in Worcester, Massachusetts, from twenty thirteen to twenty seventeen. At Assumption, he led the Greyhounds to consecutive NCAA Division Two Football Championships playoff appearances, I should say, and that was in the final years of his tenure with the Assumption University Greyhounds, a total of twenty four hundred students.
Speaker 5: Okay, so he's got the two thousand student body thing locked down here.
Speaker 4: And then he moved up. He climbed the bloody fight song, the bloody Hill to holy Cross. You go back up on the hill, the bloody Cross on top of Calvary. From twenty eighteen to twenty twenty three. At holy Cross, he the Crusaders into Istanbul and beat the Turks back five straight Patriot League titles.
Speaker 3: I want winners.
Speaker 4: He was a winner. Chesney brings one hundred and thirty one and fifty one career record and championships won at every NCAA winners. Chesney replaced Kurt Signetti at James Madison after a debut twenty twenty four season in which the team went nine to four. He guided the Dukes this year to an eleven and one record while going unbeaten in the Sunbelt Conference, putting them in contention for the College Football Playoff or a bid in the College Football Playoff. As part of the arrangement, Chesney is expected to remain with his current team through a possible College Football Playoff appearance with the Dukes. So congratulations to Bob. I don't think he's ready to field the team. Bob, are we ready? But I think there will be a lot of interest in what is happening. And again, we are a sports station, so if they want to put him on here, Bob, are we ready? We are ready, We are ready. We're right. I mean I think I just get I think everybody in this room is ready to interview the gam tell us about Holy Cross, tell us about Assumption.
Speaker 2: I want to know about Salgad.
Speaker 4: It's holy Queen in Latin. All right, let's talk about Lane Kiffin. Now, well, you know Colin Cowherd was on this morning. Come on, man, there he is. That's that's Colin Well, you know, I mean he had his angle. You know about Lane Kiffin, you better know.
Speaker 7: It's turbulent and you're gonna get scorged. You're gonna have bad days. And that's college football.
Speaker 4: Thank you. I'm sorry. So Lane Kiffin is bitcoin lane college football has bit college football's and Lane Kiffin is bitcoin. Like Lane Kiffin is also a bitcoin.
Speaker 7: Come on, man, college football it's like a weird black market economy. They don't have a CEO, they don't have a president. The old wild Wild West. You're in the eighteen hundred where you used to have.
Speaker 5: Territorial governors, Kate's got excited. He really got into that.
Speaker 4: He's right, He's right. No one is in charge with the conference realignment shifts. We've been through things twenty ten as we've evolved from the bowl system to the BCS, to a fourteen playoff to a twelve team playoff. How does the sport grow and change with no leadership. It's it's like it's like bitcoin.
Speaker 2: That's you know, you're gonna have some hot days some cold days.
Speaker 4: I applodded six weeks ago when the transfer portal chaos was streamlined to a few weeks in the month of January. That was good. That seemed like progress and a step in the right direction. Sure, so we have control of how and when players can transfer. But the rudderless ship that is college football, the bitcoin that it is.
Speaker 3: It's bitcoin.
Speaker 7: You buy it, you better know it's turbulent and you're gonna get scorched.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have bad days.
Speaker 4: They've not created a transfer window for the coaches. So while the schools have restricted the players movement, the coaches going restricted, the schools did not protect themselves from rogue coaches like Bitcoin Lane Kiffin for a guy whose middle name is chaos. Leave it to Kiffin to leave old miss at the playoff altar and then play the victim card on his way to the airport.
Speaker 5: Al Marty was there for the interview. Make sure we get you a nice platform here, coach, to spew your side of the store.
Speaker 4: ESPN has been very propaganda, like was.
Speaker 5: It Pedro that had to camp out on Brett Farve's lawn? Who was at Pedro Gome? I can't remember who it was that camped out on far dru.
Speaker 4: Mes who's no longer with us.
Speaker 2: Yes, I believe was the Barry Bonds, Barry Bonds guy guy.
Speaker 4: But there was somebody camped out.
Speaker 5: Yes on Farre's law and I Sarady was in Oxford for the last four days. Yeah, with his high top faith and his wacky beard when camp opened on August first. If you had pulled the collective college football media to named one coach who would have abandon his eleven and one team on the cuspus be unanimous a first round playoff game, Lane Kiffin would have garnered ninety percent of the vote.
Speaker 4: I mean, we've been talking about this for years. We have our song about Lane Kiff and the snake, and then We also have the Tennessee Hound Dogs jerseys.
Speaker 6: Once we had a coach at Tennessee half snake, the other half wrecked.
Speaker 3: Pile up the wood and burn.
Speaker 8: He is at the G.
Speaker 6: We can dream about that.
Speaker 4: Well, we're not going to finish this song. I didn't want to write the story too much in pulled out her way early on that one. Like Bigger and mccragan, I want to hear the song one.
Speaker 6: Sweet hearted coach at tennis.
Speaker 2: We can pause the other half rat and resume.
Speaker 3: Pile up the wood and burn.
Speaker 5: Here is at the G.
Speaker 3: We can dream about that.
Speaker 4: So no one is surprised or shocked that Lane is leaving Old Miss for LSU. The shock and awe is that any coach is willing to leave a playoff team.
Speaker 6: Wish that we could kick Lane Kiffin all through the Tennessee Hills.
Speaker 4: The coach culture and every level of football begins and ends with commitment, and the coaches spew all the coach speak commandments. We're all in this together. Believe in the man next to you. We all have each other's backs. Don't you call me no hoe, Tune out the outside noise. I guess the whole part kind of contradicts that, but.
Speaker 2: A little bit.
Speaker 4: While the rebels did tune out the outside noise, Lane Kiffin did.
Speaker 6: Not a lie in deven no count wezel not worth the bullet to kill.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't go that far.
Speaker 2: Things not worth it.
Speaker 4: I like that he does hot yoga, I wouldn't say that. The funny thing surrounding this is how the ESPN commentators who are aligned with the SEC were on air pleading that Old Miss should allow Lane Kiffin to coach in the playoffs.
Speaker 7: I think Ole Miss has to accept that and look at this as a magical year.
Speaker 4: You've never done what you're doing right now. Let Lane Kiffin if he leaves and these players finish the run this year. Herb Street, Rhys Davis and for shame, Nick Saban for shame. And it all came off as propaganda, And like Bob Dylan said, propaganda's always phony.
Speaker 6: Kiffin's but will never be safe in Dannacy or Mississippi.
Speaker 9: Kiffin beggar high.
Speaker 4: Less than a decade ago. Didn't Nick Saban fire Lane Kiffin as a offensive coordinator after college football Playoffs semi final victory because he accepted the FAU job.
Speaker 2: Get out.
Speaker 4: Any further mention of Saban as a candidate or front runner for college football commissioner should be tabled.
Speaker 3: Oh that us, Hey, we got our.
Speaker 6: Home from from Dansey.
Speaker 4: Marty Smith tracked Lane down before a flame flight for a roadside interview.
Speaker 5: Now, that private jet got off the ground. Some others did not, But that private jet got off the ground.
Speaker 4: That's a nice weather over there.
Speaker 2: Certainly South is a little more friendly than the Midwest.
Speaker 4: Lane really leaned into how he wanted to figure out away with the Old Miss ad Keith Carter so he could still coach all missing the playoffs. That was just him trying to make it look like he didn't abandon the team. But he did. And that's fine. That's how it goes. And I mean, if Lane Kiffin's gonna screw you over and you're surprised, then you obviously haven't heard the great.
Speaker 3: Song Wait from Tennessee, do boss.
Speaker 4: Once Lane made up his mind he was going to take the LSU job. Old Miss was never going to allow him to coach again there. It wasn't negotiable. And what about the players, Yes, they would be better off if Lane was there, but he left the team. He made his choice and I can't wait to find out the official like iced teas old band body count. Thank you on the number of position coaches that he took with him. That plane was half full. Yeah, that plane was half empty. That plane had Charlie Watson's fat.
Speaker 5: Sun reminds me of when Saban left set the plane and Michigan State nobody got on.
Speaker 4: We got all these sandwiches and nobody Freeder remember Bill Frieder. Sure In nineteen eighty nine, when basketball cup ball coach Bill Frieder told the media he would be leaving Michigan after the NCUBA Tournament for the Arizona State job, he was immediately fired by Michigan State, a d BO schem Beckler, who famously said, I'm Michigan, We'll coach Michigan. Michigan Steve Fisher was given a battlefield promotion, and Glenn Rice and the Boys ran off six straight wins to claim the nc double A title. I mean, Lane Kiffin made a decision at an awkward time. If Old Miss was eight and four and going to be playing on the Liberty Bowl or the Weed Eater Bowl, big deal, no one would care. But they're a playoff team and I'm sure a lot of players that are there know that he probably still wants to coach him, and uh, he's probably going to try to poach those guys.
Speaker 2: The players, yeah, and the coaches and everybody.
Speaker 4: And as far as Kiffin's dismount goes, does this one rank at the top?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Was it the tarmac?
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean there was a full riot with couches on fire in Tennessee, Knoxville was burning.
Speaker 4: He didn't have to get fired on the tarmac. That wasn't his fault. They created that mythology because Pat Hayden's an idiot, so that wasn't his fault, right, Like, you didn't have to fire him on the tarmac. So I mean he might have been that big of an a hole, but still you didn't have to do it. Al Davis had the overhead.
Speaker 2: That's pretty hard to beat.
Speaker 5: But if they not a PowerPoint presentation and overhead projector with opaques and black marker to detail all the missteps that he made, I think, how do you beat that? It's Al Davis, for God's sake, Dad Well hound dogs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, there was a terrible hurricane and Haiti and a lot of people, but we're sending clothes down there and the good people of Tennessee, even though they got the word the Greek mythological word for hell wrong confused with and you know, I know Haiti is a rough place.
Speaker 10: Do not throw your laying Kiffin shirts away. Bring him down to hound Dogs. We'll give you twenty percent off of another shirt, and we're going to send all those shirts that you don't want, that you want to burn down to Haites to the children.
Speaker 4: I think Tennessee is the one. I think you're absolutely right, Matt.
Speaker 11: Yes, Tim hard to argue yesterday, Guys, yesterday, what happened the clothing rack that they left outside the facility with all.
Speaker 2: The lands clothes.
Speaker 11: Yeah, outside, you have the hundreds of students and fans at the airport.
Speaker 9: Every time a suburban roll right.
Speaker 4: Now said they have to rehabit, he turned his back on us. That's all over Twitter. Yes, that's not even really his dog. That dog belongs to the university.
Speaker 11: Now you've got social media buzz people tweet and saying that he really didn't go to yoga like he's and when he did, he'd show up five minutes late, leave twenty Nobody.
Speaker 4: Shows up late to yoga and leave during Shavasaa. That's bad form.
Speaker 9: Then you also having Baton Rouge.
Speaker 11: Today somebody posted a photo of him and with two women at a hot yoga studio in Baton Rouge.
Speaker 9: He's already found a new place to go to.
Speaker 4: Well, I heard he was doing something hot. Found a good place to uh you know, carral some chicks. Yeah, well yoga. LSU could go That's what I do. LSU could go through a three game losing streak and we just can't you.
Speaker 2: Just man, they just eight fifty four million bucks for Brian Kelly.
Speaker 4: Can't you just not wait till he gets combative with that media down there and they start getting after him with their accent and he starts talking back with his petulant child style. It's gonna be a lot of fun, however it ends. I'm sure that Lane will not go quietly. And by twenty twenty nine, maybe we'll have a college football commissioner and we won't have Colin Coward calling college football bitcoin for an hour and a half.
Speaker 2: Clever analogy, though, in the morning.
Speaker 7: College football it's like a weird black market economy. They don't have a CEO, they don't have a president. The old wild Wild West in the eighteen hundreds when you used to have territorial governors. That's what you have in college football. It's bitcoin. You buy it, you better.
Speaker 4: Knowcoin the New Mexico cattle wars that Billy the Kid was involved in. First they think of a big New Mexico territory, right, And now I have to think about bitcoin, literally money that's in the cloud, Like how am I supposed to like, that's all off round.
Speaker 7: You buy it, you better know it's turbulent, and you're gonna get scorched. You're gonna have bad days, and that's college football.
Speaker 4: I have bad days with or without college football. I think everybody does.
Speaker 5: I do believe the portal was adjusted after a number of players were poached in bowl season and opted not to play with their teams, including a particular quarterback or running back, and they were like, yeah, we can't do this.
Speaker 4: Anymore, but they still do. The coach poach.
Speaker 2: Right, So I think the coach poach is probably gonna go away.
Speaker 4: Coach poach has been going for a long time. You can fire your coach at any time. You gonna hire your coach at any time. I bet you There'll be a lot of poaching done from JMU going to UCLA from Bob Chesney. A bunch of narraganset beard drinkers are going to be on their way out here, so we'll be right back. We'll do how is your weekend? Thank you for listening to the College Football Dissertation. If you're going to take anything away from that, take away this Lane Kiffin is still a douche. Also, ESPN is a propaganda arm for his douchery. Also, college football is bitcoin.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, I thought it was territorial governorships.
Speaker 4: College football is like the Louisiana purchase.
Speaker 2: Wait, I thought it was a black marketing the old.
Speaker 7: Wild Wild West in the eighteen hundreds when you used to have territorial governors that's what you.
Speaker 3: Have in college football.
Speaker 4: Well, it makes sense with the Wild Wild West part, because I heard that Dan Mullen at UNLV just did a really good deal with the Sioux Okay, and they're gonna be able to trade for rifles. We'll be right back with mar.
Speaker 1: Hello, PMS listener. Did you know AM five seventy LA Sports has a wide range of LA Sports podcasts.
Speaker 3: There's Rogan and Rodney.
Speaker 1: That one is my favorite. Dodger Talk with David Vasse, the Dodger Podcast of Record, Clipper Talk Without a Muscle. Follow us all and many more. Just go to Am five to seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 5: We're live at the BJ's Restaurant in brew House in Downey.
Speaker 2: We'd love to see you.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be here until three point thirty pm.
Speaker 2: It is our power.
Speaker 5: Lunch corner of Lakewood and Firestone at the Stonewoods Center. And again giveaways and a great crowd. Hey, holiday vibe. Oh that's wonderful of course, Miss January and all the delicious.
Speaker 4: One of those flat pizzas that you like to munch man, that flat flat pizza. Those are delicious. That's just like Nebraska, that pizza so flat. No, yeah, that's the super pork Town, pork Metropolis, I believe is what it's called. But we have a more great sports talk. We just did a lot of college football stuff sports talk. We talked a little bit about the history of Downey and the cool drag racing and again Matt will race you in his Mazda Firestone or Lakewood four Pink slips if you got the balls. I have been able to get rid of some T shirts, and somebody took my belt. But we still have some more dishes to wash, a lot of T shirts to give away that have been game worn by me in the Game of Life, and our colors are black and blue. All right, it's Monday.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna do what I do. The weekend is soon.
Speaker 4: How was your weekend, Matt How was your weekend? You were all over the world.
Speaker 5: I was did not make it into the city, so my trip to the Midwest was limited to Northwest Indiana and the O'Hare area at my cousin Doug's for Thanksgiving, but I had a bunch of delicious food, my favorites Aurelio's. One night, played some pool, played some pinball with the nephews, played some pool like Jay Rod.
Speaker 2: Oh you should have seen me just own that table, man.
Speaker 5: It was something pe I was somehow coaxed into running a turkey trot on Thanksgiving morning.
Speaker 4: Saw that you had an outfit on and everything.
Speaker 5: Well, I didn't have any warm clothes to run in, and so we went to the coals, very popular in the Northwest Indiana area. You bought like a onesie and I bought an adult onesie. I figured that would be the best thing. I could stay warm in twenty seven degrees with thirty mile an hour wind gust temperatures for our turkey trot in Highland, Indiana.
Speaker 2: My body felt like it had been in a car crash.
Speaker 5: I was affected for the rest of the day and the following day.
Speaker 2: And it was a poor decision.
Speaker 5: You used to be able to run so far right, and yet here I was six point two one miles and it did not go well. I sat on the couch at my cousin Doug's home in Park Ridge, ate too much, drank some old style, and went back to my brother's home for some ping pong and board games to round out the night. Friday travel was great. Southwest Airlines and their live TV available allowed me to watch football for our entire flight home College and the Black Friday game that was made available courtesy of Southwest between the Bears and the Eagles, which we.
Speaker 4: Carried here on AMPI seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 5: And Friday night, got home, watched a little bit of high school football with the wife and children. Saturday, I had to get up to San Jose to Stanford, California to call the Stanford Notre Dame game with Steve Burlin. First time meeting Steve, great survite Friar, great Notre Dame fighten, Irish quarterback, Dallas cowboy, Carolina Panther, and really enjoyed my time with him.
Speaker 2: Great guy, nice suit. Oh look at that suit.
Speaker 4: Look at that guy.
Speaker 2: Now that's a suit man.
Speaker 5: Fantastic And then flew home on Sunday morning, sat next to listener Patrick both Ways, who was flying up for the Notre Dame game and.
Speaker 2: Had to call.
Speaker 5: Right, had to call the Chargers Raiders game at Sofi Stadium, a big win for the Bolts. And that was my weekend. And thank you to Dmac and everybody in you for for letting me go see the family there for for Thanksgiving.
Speaker 4: I was against it, I said, I said, don't let him go. I didn't you know. I didn't know that I was. It was up to me, because if it was, I would have said, no, I don't want to I don't want that guy to be with his family. Why should he get to have a good time. I have to go to Detroit, which is what I did. Anyway, Kate had a great weekend. Guys.
Speaker 11: Thanksgiving Day, we decided to take the kids to Disneyland and spent fourteen and a half hours at the happiest place on Earth.
Speaker 9: And I say kids.
Speaker 11: All three of my daughters are either seventeen or over the age of eighteen now, so we had a great time being older.
Speaker 4: Is there anybody there?
Speaker 11: There was a lot of people at Disneyland, but that's terrible. It wasn't overly crowded. The longest we waited was sixty minutes for Star Wars Rise of the Resistance, the new ride, which is awesome. Found this little ride in two Town Resistence Hardy D very hard Mickey's Runaway Railway in Tonetown. It's a cool little ride that's like two D inside. I guess they have it at disney World, and they brought it to Disneyland in the last two years in Toontown, so it's kind of cool. It's not a kid's ride, it's kind of an adult rides in Tunetown. Friday pulled out the Christmas decorations, then watched the Corona Centennial Santa Margarita game. Congratulations to Carson Palmer, friend of the show on last week, who.
Speaker 9: Had a great game and won.
Speaker 11: And I also flipped around and watched a couple of other games on the nf What is that the nf hs HS.
Speaker 9: Yeah, watched Colin Ye I think he had Montabella as a game.
Speaker 11: Watched a little eight man football with Flint Rich Prep playing Real Honel Prep excuse me. On Friday Night Saturday Stanford Notre Dame. I was the studio host for that game that Matt and Steve called Sunday Raiders Chargers pre half in post last night, Real Quick guys. Watched a movie with my wife. They came out in twenty twenty. It's called Tenant. It is a Christian Christopher Nolan movie. He's the guy who did uh what inception The Dark Knight Interstellar Oppenheimer.
Speaker 9: It is a really cool movie.
Speaker 11: They got put out during COVID, so a lot of people didn't see.
Speaker 9: And it's got some stupid thing.
Speaker 11: The guy's a secret agent trying to prevent World War three, but he's got to go through time and it's like time backwards.
Speaker 4: Cop Time mandam already made time, Cop, It's.
Speaker 2: Time for.
Speaker 9: It's really good. Check it out. It's a little confused. You might have to watch it.
Speaker 4: Lie.
Speaker 9: I'm not very smart, so I think I have to watch it.
Speaker 2: I'll watch it backwards, Kates, I think I might do that, Ronnie.
Speaker 8: Guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend as we spent it with my new daughter in law and her family as they invited all of our family over to her grandmother's house for a large Thanksgiving Day feast upwards of about fifty people. I would say, wow, maybe a little bit more. Yeah, yeah, well it sure wasn't wonderful people, and we had great conversations, great to know the new family, and yeah, we had a great time. Friday was at the station for a couple of hours and then went Black Friday shopping where I just happened to buy a new.
Speaker 2: TV with the door Buster.
Speaker 8: You know, I finally had to do it. I've been wanting to get a new TV for the living room for the last couple of years, and this was the right time, so I went ahead and I made the purchase.
Speaker 2: Trigger.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, I have yet to install it, but that's probably coming.
Speaker 4: Up this weekend.
Speaker 2: But we got like a ninety inch it's a sixty five.
Speaker 4: I can't wait. I can't wait till next Monday. Wait do you talk about installing? All day?
Speaker 8: I was up early to take the Christmas decorations out of the Christmas bins out of the storage facility, and I put up our tree and then I went to run a few errands that did include guys a stop at the Westfield Fashion Square in Sherman Oaks, where I saw our good friend Dave damashek walking around with his wife and his mother. They were actually going inside the Kura Revolving Sushi bar mall adjacent.
Speaker 4: We come here all the time.
Speaker 8: It's great anyway. It's funny because we both recognized each other immediately, and he turned around and came over to where I was walking in front of the restaurant, and we chatted it up for a brief second or two, and he was really nice. Introduced me to his wife and his mom who's in town from from from Pennsylvania, and that was great to see.
Speaker 4: Shek Pennsylvania.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't know.
Speaker 8: Saturday night watched that's right, Ronnie, I really you'd seeing you this bads weekend. Saturday night watched the SCUCLA game with a pizza pie from Victorio's. And Sunday, my wife and I went to the Raiders and Chargers game.
Speaker 4: Oh look at that.
Speaker 8: I met up with my cousin's friends and we tailgated in the pink lot before the game. Had a great time, fun atmosphere that was quite memorable. We did stop on the way home for some Alpas store tacos and UH finished off the night by watching the Sunday night game. And that was my weekend.
Speaker 2: Pretty busy.
Speaker 8: Indeed, what about you, Petros, how was your weekend?
Speaker 4: Well? I went, I went to my uncle's house for Thanksgiving. They had the pickled octopus that I desire for that we used to sell at the restaurant, so that was good. And then we left my kids with my parents, and my wife came with me to to Detroit.
Speaker 10: UH.
Speaker 4: She has family in Detroit, an aunt and an uncle and a cousin that we were able to spend time with. And then we had I had to call a game there Michigan State versus Maryland.
Speaker 3: UH.
Speaker 4: Two terrible teams, but but that was it made for a good game. So it was a good game. And the best part because there was a terrible snowstorm in that part of the world. UH, it was indoors at Ford Field, so that was very good. And we had a crew dinner with the crew, like the camera people and all that that travel with us every week. And we went to Hobviers in downtown Detroit. But this was like the Hobbyers same like the same deal, but this but that. But it was like the Source Awards me.
Speaker 9: It was like, what do you mean?
Speaker 4: It was everybody was black, everybody except for you except for us in the crew, except Terry, one of our cameras, our main camera guy. Terry is a black man. And we just rolled in and no one was there because we were there kind of early, and I was like, maybe this is more of like a night time place, you know, And it was like it was like seven o'clock, just landed, and then the clientele started to come and an R and B band started firing up, and everybody was suited and booted, like suited and booted, like I was wearing a T shirt that said Tahiti and I mean it was twenty degrees outsize, and and I was like, wow, I ain't never been to the Source Awards. Wow, But I felt but I played football at USC, you know what. But I felt like standing up and being like, ain't nobody got no love for death Row, Ain't nobody got no love for Doctor Drans snoop Dog. Uh so that was cool. And then on on the day of the game, I went to another restaurant with my wife's aunt and uncle my wife and that was like the Source Awards too. I got chicken and biscuits and I stood up and I said, Ain't nobody got no love for death Row, Ain't nobody got no love for doctor dransnoop dog.
Speaker 2: Responses we have here pretty much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Michigan State won the game, but Jonathan Smith, our friend, got fired. Anyway, maybe now he'll finally get to come and see a Dodger game, like we've been inviting him for years.
Speaker 2: And who's ready for you? Jonathan.
Speaker 4: We flew home, my wife and I. I flew Coach for the first time this year, and my body feels like I ran the turkey.
Speaker 2: Trot from Flying Coach.
Speaker 4: It's terrible. It was terrible. They wanted me to pay for drinks, right, son of a bitch and uh oh. And I got home and I went to the Red Onion and had a drink with real Estate Dad, and but he was with like this whole other family and the wife of the one no his family, and like these people that I didn't know were gonna be there, and one of the wives started chirping at me about like how awesome three eleven was, and I was like, I'm sorry, I can't, I can't. That's terrible to come up. She just started saying it like three eleven's like my music. It's like the music I worked to. It's like the music that gets me going. And I was like, that's really sad because it's horrible. Bring me another. Hell, have another Poloma here for me. I just got back from Detroit. Anyway, thank you, we'll be back. That was our weekend. Ronnie got a new TV and he's gonna install it next weekend Dorbuster. Not tonight. Not tonight, that'd be too much. And Matt went to the roof of Stanford again, first time fifteen years. First time, I said, Sam Donald.
Speaker 2: Was I don't think I called the game since Andrew Luck was the quarterback? There?
Speaker 4: No, no, Sam Donald, didn't you do so?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah? I did exactly right. I did the Sam Donald game.
Speaker 4: Great call and you couldn't even wear a tie.
Speaker 2: No, I forgot.
Speaker 4: We'll be back for Don. That's all right. There's me and Johnson here, brave Digger Jones.
Speaker 2: So good