Speaker 1: How is everybody doing on on Monday?
Speaker 2: How about you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hope everybody had a good weekend. You know, we're back here at It's a big week. We got the the Roast event coming up on Thursday Thursday night this week, so that should be an absolute blast. We're filming this for a special that we're gonna release at some point in time, and it's gonna be absolute chaos. So if you want to have some fun, it is an adult you better be there. And the details are still up last minute here at the news Chunky dot Com slash Roast. But my weekend was good. I'm glad to be back. We're gonna have a fun week show no show on Friday.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean.
Speaker 3: We were fired after what happened.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well, I mean we could do that, but.
Speaker 3: Very well could happen what happened?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 1: Uh, it's it's going to be a fun week on the show. So we hope you'll hang out with us here for the next couple of days and then some Right now, let's put her ears to the ground, her fingers on the pulse list. He was happening to this great, big wide world of ours. Somebody who had a very different weekend than well all of us, I would imagine. Is a guy at Howard University, famed college, Howard University. He was busy hitting on two women when he was rudely interrupted, just trying to have a little street convo with two ladies, and he was rudely interrupted by gunfire that broke out. There was a shooting. I guess they arrested at least two people. Five people shot on Howard University for their homecoming stuff. And this guy was right in the middle of flirting with some women when the shots rang out, and he said, nope.
Speaker 2: They got a question mark with are you feeling this for net? Nope?
Speaker 3: That flirting quickly?
Speaker 1: Yeah. She immediately gets on his bike. He hears the gunshots and goes, nope, I'm out of here. He's flirting with all of these I got a question for you. You know, you want to stay over and you're connecting flight and like he's just he's shooting his shot with these ladies. You're here, and then listen for the pops in the background. How you feeling connected?
Speaker 3: So I'm gone, I'm not shooting. Watch how fast you hear the emergency vehicles?
Speaker 2: Ready? I mean that was just shot fired.
Speaker 3: I'm out, he says, I'm out already. Was he on a bible running?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: He must be.
Speaker 1: He must be moving on foot because he's weaving between people in a way that look strange.
Speaker 3: That man can run.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right off the jump, there as not even a care in the world.
Speaker 2: What happened to those two ladies.
Speaker 3: No, no, he was could have been your future wife.
Speaker 5: But she was.
Speaker 4: Engaging with them, maybe doing a little flirting. It was hard to tell what he was going to say because it happened so quickly and all of a sudden, it's like they never existed.
Speaker 1: I mean, maybe it was a scooter. He can't run that fast, can't he?
Speaker 3: And then there was like a moment it looked like he was stepping.
Speaker 2: I don't let me bring this back one last time.
Speaker 4: Here, let's see here talking talking on.
Speaker 2: The connected shots. Are you right here?
Speaker 3: Sit out there? That's it, that's wheels.
Speaker 2: He just moving too much.
Speaker 1: If not, he's like the most you know, elaborate walker.
Speaker 2: I've ever seen a runner.
Speaker 3: I've ever seen in my life a wheelchair. I don't know, you know he is.
Speaker 2: He's out.
Speaker 4: I think the camera is on some sort of gimbal, which is kind of making it a little confusing to see. You know, there's too much stabilization going on.
Speaker 6: Here, which begs the question, like, do you go on a date with that one dude who hits on you in the streets that's holding a gimble in your face.
Speaker 1: That's going to be one letdown, and the just running away from any sort of danger might be another one.
Speaker 3: But I would have done it too. Get out of there in red.
Speaker 1: Flag, yeah yeah, save save your own life, save your own back. Went this weekend and it was the first time in a very long time that I have been to the mall because I.
Speaker 3: Had to get stuff.
Speaker 1: I had to get my outfit ready, get a little fancified for the roast event. And I have to tell you one thing, walking into the mall, after like years and years and years and years, I go in there and I.
Speaker 2: Immediately feel old.
Speaker 1: I felt old everywhere I went in the mall because the people who were wandering around were just like younger people. People in every single store I went in together about that age. You know, I'm trying to get the shoes or a suit or whatever. Everybody that helps me, young, young, young, young, young, All of these people, and then I why I don't go to the mall anymore.
Speaker 2: It is just the worst.
Speaker 1: No way is the worst experience. Man, Oh god, you go and now and I watch so many people when I go to the mall, I watch all these people who are like in line to be replaced by AI. I don't know if you guys have done this now, but you go to the shoe store. And when you go to the shoe store, obviously they have everything on the wall and stuff, and then you go, hey, can I see these shoes and this size? And they pop up their phone real quick and they hit a button and then there's a screen and it shows the shoe you're asking for, and there's a progress bar, and the progress bar is like filling up as somebody in the back is like, you know, it's like a pizza tracker for your shoes inside the shoe.
Speaker 4: I'm a big fan of the pizza tracker. I've tracked many a pizza track. Everything all right, everything to be tracked, fine. I like to see the visuals and know what to expect. But tell me, we're not like five seconds away from all of those shoe sales people out Bundy style being completely eliminated because all you have to do is put an iPad out the chicks then and when you when do you have an iPad out there and you're like, these shoes this size, Oh there is some, I'll take them.
Speaker 2: Now. You just watch the screen.
Speaker 4: You never even see a human and the beauty of this there's only one good thing.
Speaker 2: For a little while.
Speaker 1: It's been hard as an ugly person to get a job.
Speaker 2: It has, it has.
Speaker 1: If you're like a public facing person, it's been hard. Ugly people struggle to get work. It's been harder for them to get jobs. But I think for at least a little while here, because nobody needs to be public facing anymore. You just have an iPad out there, they can hire all the uggos to work in the back. The job market for uglies on fire right now.
Speaker 2: Just on fire.
Speaker 1: It's a world that we're heading into that I want you to brace yourself for. But I saw a glimpse of it this weekend and I absolutely hated it. I just there was, I was buying something and I go, you know what I'm gonna do instead.
Speaker 2: Of go with you? Yeah, okay, yeah, she hate it.
Speaker 1: She hated the sub of it too, But like I went to I went to look at some jeans while I was there, and they don't sell a lot of jeans anymore like they used to, where you would get like your width and your you know, your waist and your length. Yeah, now it's it's just whatever waist size you wear and then go kiss my ass. You have to go get them like fitted somewhere.
Speaker 6: Or if you don't have an ass, then you It's very clear because they just make it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well frumpy. For me, I wear like a thirty three thirty right, and.
Speaker 6: So men's are way different. I've never heard of that portion of it.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, it's a little different, but they change it on us too, because like I wear thirty three thirty and those are perfect on me. And if I get like if a regular size thirty three doesn't have a specialized length to it, it'll be so long that it'll be like bunched up and I'll look like a little kid with bunched up pants, or it's all through, it's all.
Speaker 6: Dumb gene section look like fellas, Like, was it much bigger because we I mean, you have your stores as far as women go, that it's like size twenty eight, which is uh, you know, size two for another store, but it was never based on end seam or something like that, so you yours must be doubled.
Speaker 2: Yeah, any other options? No?
Speaker 1: No, there are five brands of jeans in the we went to Bloomingdale's or something. Five brands of jeans total, and every single pair is over two hundred dollars and you and they're not fitted to your your length. And I'm I mean, it needs to work. The whole system needs to work, folks.
Speaker 4: Now, So you said Courtney was with you at the mall and you hated it.
Speaker 2: You hated the mall.
Speaker 4: How did this affects everybody's overall time at the mall? Was Courtney like done with you by the end of this because you were just him and Han and.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, did just so you guys know how I operate like, I don't complain the whole time. I just do all the things that I absolutely have to do. And then afterwards we get in the car and go, oh, the moth sucks, and she's like, yeah, it's crazy in there. So I don't bitch and moan the whole time.
Speaker 4: I just I act like I when I was younger, I did Okay, I hated. I hated trying on clothes. I thought it was so boring and stupid. There's anything I'd rather be doing.
Speaker 6: Even bring your self confidence down very quickly.
Speaker 4: Well, I didn't care about that. I already that was already pretty low those years.
Speaker 1: This is this is one of the biggest like gender divides on things. Okay, guys generally speaking, don't care about trying on clothes and hate trying on clothes and women because women women's clothes are so different and fitted so different and fit so different by stores.
Speaker 3: And all that stuff.
Speaker 1: Women are like how how could you buy something without trying It's like a divide where we don't even understand each other's experiences. It's very difference.
Speaker 6: But in my age now I'm overwhelmed, like, I'll do one story. I hate this and I will order everything online please.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because the.
Speaker 6: Crowd and the mess of the clothes, there's no way. Bless your soul for trying them all out for the first time in years.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean I'm never doing it again.
Speaker 3: But the although I did have the suit I.
Speaker 1: Got, I did have the sweetest guy, And even though I did a thing where I look like an absolute idiot in public. He rolled with me because I was trying on this sport code and I said, does this fit me?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: And the guy comes over and he's like all right, he's looking at it, and he was holding the tape measure in his hands, so I thought he wanted to measure me. So I took off the sport code and started like spinning around with my arms out and he's like, no, I don't need to measure you. I don't know switches.
Speaker 7: Why holding it?
Speaker 1: He just does it. You could tell that what his job is. But it's like I act like you belong thing. It's his clipboard style thing. Anyhow, What a mess, What a mess. But I've got my outfit ninety nine percent gathered for the roast event.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a blast.
Speaker 1: Go check us out details at the newsjunkie dot com slash the Roast if we don't get knocked out hurricanealissam oh I said, you said the roast, No, no, Thenewsjunkie dot Com slash roast, that's the correct one.
Speaker 3: And you said, what about Hurricane Melissa knocking us out?
Speaker 1: If we don't get knocked out by Hurricanealism, Yeah, I mean, we're.
Speaker 3: Ilay got a big old shield. John Watson, I'm positive we're good.
Speaker 1: But just in case, we got to peek into what's happening with the hurricane. This sucker is big and gonna pose a lot of problems for Jamaica. Our friends in Jamaica, man, I think they said most areas get this of Jamaica, twenty to thirty inches of rain we're expecting.
Speaker 6: I mean Central Florida got fourteen inches, and surprise for everybody was like not in the weather. So I can't imagine that Jamaica, knowing what is to come, it's probably gonna end up being a little bit more knock on what I.
Speaker 3: Hope it's not.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a lot, man, that's a lot.
Speaker 1: And we will talk about a little bit about the weather here locally last night. We got a bunch to get to on a Monday, we'll dive into all of it headfirst and kick off the show and we come back.
Speaker 8: That's coming up next on the news, Chunkie.
Speaker 1: That weather last night, I mean, I don't want to say it came out of nowhere, but some of you listening right now, we're definitely probably taking aback at the amount of rain that a lot of you saw, and the amount of time that it took to flood as much as it did, because it was crazy, man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean mere hours.
Speaker 6: And there were there was footage I'm seeing this morning on the news there's cars underwater.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just do you.
Speaker 1: See the publics video because a lot of people tagged me in this public video where they were out back, you know where, like they back up the big semi trucks f and the area back there was like several feet high with rain and they were kind of stuck back in the back of.
Speaker 6: The because that was not a hurricane, and that was hurricane style flooding.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I heard somebody on the news saying, like we had to wait to the general store, and I went this this general store anymore. Hated it, but I just thought it was kind of funny, like, oh, going to the general store, had to bring a boat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was really bad for a lot of you.
Speaker 1: And many people were on chat during the break, chiming in saying hey, we got fourteen inches in just a couple of hours, and people saying they just absolutely got flooded out.
Speaker 4: I kept driving by like power lines that have I don't know exactly what the thing is.
Speaker 2: I think I know what a transformer is.
Speaker 4: Those are white, right usually yeah, yeah, yeah, But the there's another piece that's like black and cylindrical. And there were a bunch of those on the ground, like all over last night.
Speaker 1: Or keep showing me, keep showing me what that black cylindrical thing.
Speaker 2: Looks like with their hands. I'm going to get too.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Another has come into the room a towel.
Speaker 1: The man is surrounded over there, big cylindrical things, all in his faith. It was not only nasty, uh, there were people who I saw posting all kinds of footage that really looked like we got.
Speaker 2: Hit by a hurricane. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It looked like worse than a lot of the more recent hurricanes that we went through. So it was I mean, I'm talking all the way down to almost the end of South Fortima is the tip of the most southern most part.
Speaker 2: Of the state.
Speaker 1: For those you'll you know elsewhere, you probably see this, but you got your own weather to deal with. We got drilled. The National Weather Services tightest Pille for example, Titusville, Florida. Guy was fifteen point five inches of rain and again, like a lot of the day was nice like a lot of the day was a decent day and then all of that fifteen point five inches of rain was smashed into just a few hours.
Speaker 6: I mean a lot of it were There were some schools that said, hey, we're still open and live on the news. Was this poor kid trying to get through said floodwaters on a bike. Oh no, maybe the newscaster was like, just want to remind you, it's an excused absence if you can't make it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, turn around, d turn around. That's that's the parent. That would be my parents too. I'd be like, it's an excuse absence day, and they go get on your bike, Yeah, get on. You got to learn some hard lessons in life. And they would tell me the whole like I used to walk to school in the snow both ways thing.
Speaker 2: And uphill both ways.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I don't even know if they threw in the uphill, but they probably did to make it sound worse like they generally do. But I think they were lying. I think they were lying about that whole thing. But if you had an experience yesterday with those storms, please let us know what happened on your ends. And a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com. We're watching Melissa. Hurricane Melissa. It's big, it's angry. It's category five baby. It is ready to do some, I'm sure, pretty severe damage to Jamaica, which is right in the pack. Jamaica gonna get twenty to thirty inches of rain and just as short time as the storm goes over them. Let's see what they were talking about on ABC.
Speaker 10: This morning, bearing down on Jamaica. Let's look at those images. They're coming from space right now. The storm is straight there to Category five could be the largest ever hit Jamaica.
Speaker 1: When it makes landfall.
Speaker 10: Many people are stand They're including American tourists.
Speaker 2: Airports are closed.
Speaker 10: Storm has already left a trail of destruction across the Caribbean. Ginger is standing by with the you and the chiming.
Speaker 3: I guess the good news is it looks like a boob.
Speaker 1: It stayed off the coast of Jamaica as far as the eye, and I mean the strongest wins. I think a lot of them, you know a little further out definitely hit Jamaica, but it could have been more of a direct hit, which would have really rocked this island and a lot of these.
Speaker 3: If you've never been to.
Speaker 1: The Bahamas or anything in Cocomo that's mentioned any of those places, the real tough truth about it is, and Puerto Rico is including this. They usually have really bad power grids. They usually have garbage power grids. They need billions and billions of dollars of infrastructure upgrades, and for some reason, especially in places like Puerto Rico, they don't generally get that done.
Speaker 4: Oh, Jamaica, it takes them like fifteen years to build a house.
Speaker 3: They do have real struma journy.
Speaker 6: You are like just months away from finishing that house after fifteen years and comes right.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'd be so mad. I'd be so mad.
Speaker 1: But a lot of these these island nations or you know, territories like Puerto Rico, they have pretty bad electric rids.
Speaker 6: Got there's kind of situated. I know, there's a lot of houseboats that still.
Speaker 1: Every time that I've been there, it has been terrible. And since I haven't seen a lot that said, they've improved drastically.
Speaker 2: One of the reasons is almost like everybody in.
Speaker 1: Puerto Rico lives in like a handful of cities, right, and and they're great and beautiful and you should go there and check it out. But the rest of Puerto Rico is very mountainous. There's a lot of like rainforest area, and running power between those places is hard to do anyways, So you're not exactly going to underground that power.
Speaker 2: And so imagine that.
Speaker 1: And copy paste it over a lot of these other islands in similar circumstances. So Jamaica is going to get absolutely smacked with this throughout the day.
Speaker 10: Joshi and Jamaica.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Hike Ikes in Jamaica, Morning, George.
Speaker 11: Hurricane Melissa finally bearing down on Kingston's traffic, flooding and upheaval for hundreds and thousands of Jamaicans. Now right now, it is a little light, The rain is coming down intermittently, the wind is a little light.
Speaker 2: Starting to pick up.
Speaker 11: That's expected to get really, really intense in just a few hours.
Speaker 1: What time was it, This was like seven o'clock in the morning and it was pretty dead during his live shot here, like they've.
Speaker 2: Been ready for days.
Speaker 11: Take a look, windows, boarded up, sand bags all around this building, something that we're seeing in Jamaica all across the city. Listen, this storm has forced airport shutdowns island wide, sending residents here in eyes and what could be the strongest storm to hit Jamaica ever.
Speaker 2: That was good.
Speaker 1: He did a good job. He did, but he doesn't have a lot of exciting wind and stuff going on in the background.
Speaker 2: It was an exciting a couple of days ahead of him.
Speaker 6: Some girl posting on TikTok was like, so they've shut down all the commercial flights. Is there anyone and just posted publicly on TikTok that could just come pick us up before the stormheads.
Speaker 3: I'm sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the hurricane, the hurricane hunters will just toss down like a real long ladder and you you grab the end wrong.
Speaker 3: And.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good luck, best of luck to you. What is she?
Speaker 4: Oh, a person who comes to pick her up, like you know, you know, if it's a boat because of the implication thing that not like that. I'm just saying, like monetarily, Yeah, there's gotta be something. You have a big debt to fill, either favor wise or just straight up monetarily or the implication.
Speaker 1: I've seen something in this world of weather that I've been watching. As I watched the hurricane Alyssa bear down on Jamaica and then we'll watch what happens next.
Speaker 2: Hopefully we're good. Hopefully the shield holds.
Speaker 1: But I've been watching a lot of the new fangled weather people, and what's crazy is with the amount of technology they have now, they are just like running all around the whole studio, Like one guy in particular is like showing you something on this, and then move in to this, and then go into this. And these weather people have so many tools now. I think they have this over at Fox with their latest upgrade too, Like they have so many tools to show us all this cool stuff, but they got to run all.
Speaker 2: Over the studio to deal with this.
Speaker 1: And this is going to be a storm that is worth watching for absolutely everybody, so make sure you're tuned into what's going on.
Speaker 2: It's a strong storm.
Speaker 1: I'm looking right now at Hurricane a Less strengthening to Category five major hurricane one hundred and sixty mile an hour sustain wins, maximum pressure nine hundred and thirteen and be expected to make landfall later tonight in Jamaica and then some of the pass after this have the wall. The shield is supposedly gonna hold, and this thing is going to just fire back out into the Atlantic Ocean, which would be ideal.
Speaker 2: So I wish.
Speaker 1: Everybody in the path the best of luck. Hopefully all goes well, Hopefully everybody's safe, and hopefully this storm goes off there into the Atlantic like it's supposed to. Melissa is expected to bring a total rainfall of fifteen to thirty inches to portions of southern Hispaniola and Jamaica. If you don't know what Hispaniola is, that is Haiti slash the Dominican Republic. And it's gonna be maybe even forty inches possible in some areas.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. That's a lot of rain.
Speaker 3: We need a boat, monk.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's going to be a little rough for some of you folks. So liquid sunset, Yeah, a.
Speaker 3: Lot, way too much liquid sunshine.
Speaker 2: Drop it on Jamaica.
Speaker 1: Let's look at the box office this weekend because the anime kids, the anime fans have done it again. Man, you guys, they are a force to be reckoned with. The number one movie in the country is Chainsaw Man, an anime move from Sony, making seventeen million dollars. You laugh at him online, You mock all the weeds. You say, what are you doing watching this stuff? It's for Kids and Chainsawman number one with a bullet at the box office. Black Phone two was number two, Regretting you number three of the box office that Bruce Springsteen movie with is that Shallow Bay Show.
Speaker 2: Jeremy Allen White's who it is?
Speaker 1: Yes, Jeremy Allen White from The Bear. Yes, he he was in this and that dropped it at fourth place, didn't even make ten million.
Speaker 2: I think there's one.
Speaker 4: There's one person in the building who said it was fantastic.
Speaker 1: You know what, I bet it was good be well Jack Bradshaw, but I bet it was, like I bet it was well done. I don't think Jeremy Allen White is going to be garbage actor in this movie. I just think it's so specifically for mega fans like Jack Bradshaw. It's not for like average movie watchers and somebody.
Speaker 6: Elton John and Freddie Mercury or Queen and those movies ended up being very good.
Speaker 1: Uh those well, the Queen one in particular was like a standout hit that was much bigger than a lot of these kind of movies are. But I think the thing to did you see the Bob Dylan one that actually had no Yeah, and it's like, Okay, you watch it, and you learn a little bit about Bob Dylan's life, and and you see that Bob Dylan's not, you know, even though I think he's cool, not.
Speaker 2: The most interesting person.
Speaker 1: He just grabs his guitar, straps it around his back and you know, gets on his motorcycle or whatever is The movie is not necessarily the most exciting thing. I feel like Springsteen is like that. I feel like the fans are gonna want it, and then just average people are gonna go, what's this chainsaw man thing?
Speaker 2: Oh man, it's a cartoon.
Speaker 1: Tron aers in at number five, and then on down the line from there. That Shelby Oaks movie bombed miserably from Neon, making two point three five million dollars. That's the bad news. The good news is it was mostly crowdfunded.
Speaker 2: Anyways, there you go.
Speaker 6: Yeah, now I did a lot of at home watching. Started the it Welcome to.
Speaker 3: Dari were to watch that tonight, Yeah.
Speaker 6: Brace yourself because within the first three minutes is something that really sets the foundation we'll call it.
Speaker 3: Are the kids supposed to be the kid the adults? Are you still trying to figure that out?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I don't know for sure it is quite graphic though. Oh really, that's all I will tell you.
Speaker 1: I'm interested. I like the hit movies. I thought they were good, so I'm interested in watching this too.
Speaker 4: We wanted a movie last night, and you know, just to kind of finish off the weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Happy birthday Jackson.
Speaker 4: Ah yeah, he's two now and he We're like, all right, let's watch this. There's a movie that's number one on Netflix right now. It's got Idris Elba. He's great, you know, of Dynamite, He's the president. What could go wrong?
Speaker 2: A lot? Dog Sally just it was just boring.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I guess, you know, you can still have the number one movie on Netflix if everybody has to figure out that it sucks. You know, everybody else is just currently right now figuring out in real time.
Speaker 6: But just the first ten minutes makes that part of the account of how many people are viewing.
Speaker 4: You know, I don't know what their requirement is for a full watch, or or what they what they take into COG. We did because I was I was curious as to what happens.
Speaker 2: Still don't know spoiler alert.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, because it was so nasty yesterday for a while, we watched.
Speaker 2: I think it's not Hulu. I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: We watched that remake of the Hand that Rocks the Cradle, which is a nineties thriller, you know, psychological thriller type movie. And as we're watching, we're kind of excited because the original was decent. As we're watching this, about halfway through, Corney are like, this is.
Speaker 3: One of the worst movies we've seen in a long long time.
Speaker 2: It was the same.
Speaker 1: I wonder if head to head, let's look up the movie you saw Sea Len and compare the Hand that Rocks the Cradle.
Speaker 2: All right, what were we doing rotten tomatoes here?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, rotten tomatoes audience, audience, all right, I don't.
Speaker 2: Care what the stupid reviewers say.
Speaker 4: But I mean, because there's plenty of reviews that are like, it was, you know, captivating and thrilling, and one person said it was just as scary as a as a Halloween thriller.
Speaker 3: About yours or Shawn's.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Shawn's not doing well on the let me tell you.
Speaker 1: And here's one of the things, okay, is not just it was a remake or whatever, but you ever watch a movie where they put all these little Easter eggs in it, and you're like, all right, and then none of the Easter eggs mean anything. Yeah, the movie routinely does that. Like you're watching the movie, you're like, Oh, that's going to come back, that's going to come back, pay attention to that, and then they never address it again. It never comes to You're like, what the hell, what's happening here?
Speaker 2: It was so bad?
Speaker 4: As a seventy seven percent on the popcorn Meter? What does well the House of Dynamite, which is what I watched last night.
Speaker 3: It's doing very well.
Speaker 6: The Hand that Rocks the Cradle, the remake is forty four.
Speaker 1: Percent on the Pig doesn't even deserve that, I don't think.
Speaker 3: I mean it's on the popcorn meter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean like they got together and they made a movie. But that's about all you could say of it. The other thing I wanted to mention was, as far as movies go, there's a movie coming out soon, Emma Stone Bogonia I want to se bad And the idea is that she's a very high power ceo Emmistone's character.
Speaker 2: Now, is she.
Speaker 4: Gonna have more sex than her last movie or shaved? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: She is kidnapped or or ceo napped if you will, in this movie. Butgonia that she's gonna be in and then they shave her head as she's a captive, and it's like the basic premise of this movie that's going to be coming out, So I think it might already be out limited release. Butgonia with Emmastone in the special screening that they had in Los Angeles, if you wanted to go, you had to shave your head like her character in the movie.
Speaker 2: So they were like such.
Speaker 6: A bigger decision to make, as a god, are.
Speaker 2: They Are they donating this hair?
Speaker 1: I don't even I don't even know if they donated. No, no, no, you know it's even worse. Here's what I heard, so stupid. So I heard the Focus Features puts together this big premiere thing for m Stone's new movie Pegunia, and because her character has their head shaved in it, everybody they want them to shave their head at the premiere. But then the line of people to get their head shaved is taking too long. They didn't have enough hair stylists, so the line was taking too long. So somebody grabbed like a massive stack of bald bald caps, and they just had all the people in line try to force on the bald caps so that they could get like the photo that they were looking for, because they couldn't cut everybody's hair, and it just turned out like a catastrophe.
Speaker 3: There's hair like.
Speaker 6: Poke everywhere also that you like are looking or a gust of wind comes through and now you have shavings in your eyeballs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was not good. It was It was not great for them. All Right, we're gonna take quick break when we come back. We got to talk at some point here. The third person in ten days has died at Walt Disney World Resort. If you're not keeping track, I mean, I don't blame you, but it's an interesting trend that's developing here. How did this happen? Especially this latest one. We'll discuss that. We'll get geared up for Amy Caufell, our friend from Fox thirty five. She'll be joining us in just a bit and a whole lot more coming up next than the news, Chunkie. Well, my neighborhood is getting all ready for the Halloween season. I know, we've got a bunch of new people, a lot of new houses on the street, and some nice houses in the neighborhood. So in the last couple of years we've gotten an influx of kids finally trick or treating here and so last have the upgrade.
Speaker 2: You're offering no more ramen.
Speaker 1: Well we were talking about that, well, but Courtney dropped a hand down on it, and we went to the store to get like candy for the kids that aren't down come by on Halloween. She goes, are we going to stay there for Halloween? I go, I think we have to. Now, when you got a bunch of people come in to your house, you just kind of.
Speaker 3: Have to you do.
Speaker 6: But I mean, I'm in the same kind of position. The last couple of years. We've stayed until the candy's gone. And even when that was done, you saw a trailer. I mean there was one truck that had a trailer of children that just dropped everyone off.
Speaker 2: But I'm all at once.
Speaker 6: I would like to go to Fritz's show. He's doing the Aussie Tubu concert. Yeah, So I don't know, do I leave signage or just turn everything off?
Speaker 3: Well, you down, what time is?
Speaker 2: What time does Fritz's show start on Halloween?
Speaker 3: I man, I'd like to get there by like nine.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think doesn't trigger treating shut down it like does my kids.
Speaker 3: Still coming up and they're like, I don't know.
Speaker 6: And that's when I left saltines out and they didn't pick them up.
Speaker 1: For somebody, that's too late in my opinion. I think, well, maybe nine is not like that's on the cusp though usually be coming by between six and nine signage. Maybe I don't know. They might still get Maddie. You know how it goes. Sometimes yeah, yeah, that's no good.
Speaker 2: That's no good.
Speaker 1: But we were getting ready for the trigger treats and I go, I I'd rather have more than less, like I don't want to run out.
Speaker 2: Last year we started.
Speaker 1: To get stressed because we didn't get enough and we thought we're going to completely run out. And we went to get the Halloween candy and she goes, we're not going to be a full bar's household.
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: And I said what?
Speaker 1: And she's like no, And I don't know if they deserve it, and we can't set those kind of expectations of course, And I said, you know what, I said, you're right. I said, you're absolutely right. I said, you know what happens. This is how spoiled and you know rich we are as a country, and just how few problems we actually have. I said, I think and parents up on this if I'm right. I think we have an unheard of problem in the United States of America for Halloween. I think when kids go out, they bring back their whole hall of candy. I think parents throw away.
Speaker 2: A bunch of it. I think they get so much to care for themselves.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like if they funnel it away into a secret stash or something.
Speaker 1: But you get so much that your parents can't give it all to you. Otherwise you'll get diabetes and die out in your teenage years.
Speaker 2: And nobody wants that. Your parents don't want that.
Speaker 1: But I was like, I think we are too spoiled for the Halloween season, and maybe too many people started giving out full bars and then to kick it back fun size again.
Speaker 6: Plan was like a couple like a like a small bag of full bars. And then when I see a cute kid that deserves it, maybe kids first Halloween, and you can just see it in their eyes up there they have manners.
Speaker 3: Then I'm gonna be like, don't tell anybody, here's the full bar.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I wanted to do this same thing. But I have seen people saying that you shouldn't do that, that that is somehow like mean, or you shouldn't do it. I wanted to reward the best costumes that show up interesting a little something extra, so you're like, oh, kick ass kid, you have a really great costume. You look just like Pokemon, and then a little extra for you, and then the other kid got okay, you get a couple of fun sized because your costume sucks. But then I saw a huge argument about this, and people were saying it's not their fault if the kid's costumes suck, and they're you know, they don't punish them because their parents suck and they didn't.
Speaker 3: But I still want to.
Speaker 4: I want to reward the ones that are the best costumes.
Speaker 2: I like that there's an idea, and.
Speaker 6: I think people put aside the idea of instead of just candy, you can give them an item.
Speaker 2: You know, like, what are we gonna get?
Speaker 6: Give it like a slap bracelet or a where you get that a pack of staples?
Speaker 2: Staples?
Speaker 3: How about post?
Speaker 1: They're gonna be a little confused, aren't they if you give them posted?
Speaker 6: Some Basically, I have a box of stuff that I buy in bulk, and I'm like, if it runs down to it, then why why wouldn't they want perhaps.
Speaker 1: A total You're better off just locking the door and shutting off the lights than handing out.
Speaker 12: Posted notes and stables. That's how you really there, you go solve problems. Can't see Carlo, you hand out sharpies. That's that's how you get your stuff written on.
Speaker 3: In my house though, right on the neighbors.
Speaker 1: Donnie says, it's your house show. You can play by your own rules. You can't know the social rules rule over that. Like, I don't want the kids to rebel and and attack us. I don't want them. Corney has done up some stuff in the front yard.
Speaker 4: You did a little tree up and stuff, spooky tree, and I don't want.
Speaker 1: Them to destroy her work that she's I want to. I want to be the cool people in the neighborhood.
Speaker 2: How are pumpkins doing well?
Speaker 3: I think we have That is a very rude question.
Speaker 4: We had a pumpkin catastrophe this weekend. Oh really, yeah, we had some out front, but we how that could it be?
Speaker 2: That thing was.
Speaker 6: Almost rotten the one you had, oh carve it until the day of right, No, no, no, it wasn't about carving it.
Speaker 4: These are outside pumpkins. These are just for show. But they had gotten a lot of sun. So I went to rotate one of them.
Speaker 3: Oh, and it just broke up in your hands.
Speaker 4: No, it kind of caved a little bit, and that's when the fluid got out, and.
Speaker 2: It was disgusting.
Speaker 1: That's daddy, Yeah, yeah, oh god. They have a rough week ahead of them. Actually, those folks certainly do. All right, we're going to take a quick break when we come back. Somebody says savvy is the type to give out apples or pennies.
Speaker 6: Apples are mine and Patty's will make a real big comeback.
Speaker 3: I'm sure.
Speaker 6: But last year I ran out of candy and I had I'm not kidding, like thirty individual two saltine cracker and so I just put that in the bowl, and to my surprise when I got back, only two had been taken.
Speaker 2: Wow, I'm just astonished.
Speaker 6: I have slap bracelets, I have those sticky hands, I have stickers.
Speaker 3: What year is it? Give me slap bracelets and sticky hands? Adults love slap bracelets? Are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: The adults don't even really come up to our house over here.
Speaker 2: They usually stay on the street.
Speaker 6: Asy way, we live close enough that it's going to start going over there to your street, and you'll see how many adults come up.
Speaker 1: I have seen the adults on Halloween, and by the way, calm down with this. I've seen the adults getting a little ask you where they'll be like, oh no, nobody on this block was offering free white claws.
Speaker 2: It was like, okay, all right, this.
Speaker 1: Is a fairly we coming on that's going on here. We can't necessarily do this for everybody. Okay, we'll take your emails and your dispatches, fire those off in our direction, send them over to the newsjunkie dot com. Many of you doing some, including Casey, who emails tips at the news Junkie dot com. I said, this was right outside my neighborhood. And oh my no.
Speaker 2: It's not. This is fake, you liar.
Speaker 3: Want to see this is over road bridge.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was somebody on the news this morning that was like live broadcasting from in front of a road that looked like that.
Speaker 1: A complete collapse on this road. Yep, oh my god, all right, let me see there another one. Oh the car fell off.
Speaker 13: This is.
Speaker 1: So wow, Okay, well, I apologize. It looks it just looks. This looks like a horror movie. The road has opened up like a horror movie where you're walking down the road. Do you think you just fall into Planet Earth?
Speaker 2: Wow? Thank you for the photos.
Speaker 1: Appreciate that, Casey, and I apologize for calling you a liar because clearly you were not lying.
Speaker 2: That is how bad things were.
Speaker 1: When we come back, things will go into another direction because our friend Amy Kawfelt of Fox thirty five. Yeah, we'll be hanging out with us.
Speaker 2: That's on the way.
Speaker 1: Momentarily after that, we've got another person in trouble for their Halloween display. What did they try? Third person in ten Days Dead at Walt Disney World.
Speaker 2: What happened there?
Speaker 1: That's just the beginning of it, because we are loaded up on a Monday, and that's coming up next. Done the news Junkie our favorite part of the week, many of us say, for Sea Lane not his favorite part.
Speaker 2: Of the week. Really stunning, what a liar.
Speaker 1: Everybody else wants to welcome Amy Coffel. Everybody, everybody but Sealane, because you know, I just heard the most rude interaction.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Amy coff just dragging some more commercials. It's cool.
Speaker 1: I'll just dragon, we have a star on the line.
Speaker 2: Sea Lane. Just let the dead air roll.
Speaker 1: If she's talking to you, don't go, I gotta cut you off, Amy.
Speaker 3: So then I just remember this moment when you're finalizing the roast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Amy Kaffett was telling Sea Lane about how all this flooding has affected her, and she was sharing a nice personal story with him because she cares about things like that, and goes, I gotta cut you off. We're coming back, Jesus.
Speaker 4: But I was trying to look from the other side of this glass.
Speaker 3: Oh, I just want to make sure on the air, look, look how quickly you threw you under the bus.
Speaker 6: All rights also noted.
Speaker 3: For the roast.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I guess so, Amy.
Speaker 1: You did see obviously just how bad things got from this little flash flood, the crazy storm.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, you guys.
Speaker 14: And this is what's so crazy is that that this emergency warning that went out last night, this flash flood warning they were seeing this is only like the second time that we've experienced that in Central Florida in recent memory, so it's a very rare occurrence.
Speaker 9: But the amount of rain that we.
Speaker 14: Got in Central Florida yesterday was insane, insane. So did we read off some of the numbers to you, because I was floored when I saw them this morning. So Eustace, which is located in Lake County, for those of your listeners who are outside of Florida, almost twenty inches of rain last night, nineteen.
Speaker 9: Point seven inches.
Speaker 14: Mount Dora, which is a beautiful little town, also in Lake County, sixteen point two inches. Port Saint John fifteen and a half inches of rain yesterday. Port Canaveral a little over fourteen inch of rain. Titus Fillet was also really badly hurt. So for those of your listeners, again who were outside of central Florida, the Space coast was hit really hard.
Speaker 9: So basically Titusville would.
Speaker 14: Be, you know where a lot of you know that we have space headquarters from Major Corpora.
Speaker 1: We had people checking in from Boynton Beach, West Palm, all the way up Zero, all the way up the coast saying it was pretty bad. There was a lot of rain, and you're.
Speaker 3: Talking when you say fourteen fifteen inches of rain.
Speaker 2: It wasn't even that.
Speaker 1: It was just spread out through the entirety of a twenty four hour span in the day.
Speaker 2: It was like the in a hands hour months.
Speaker 14: Like yeah, within all within like a couple hour time span. And then you know, then on top of that, of course, we haven't had any thunderstorms in a while, so I mean you could hear the thunder and the lightning and it was a little crazy, but these rain totals were shocking. We were talking to Brooks Garner about it this morning, our meteorologist, and he said, can you imagine if on Friday, if we knew this was going to happen, which we didn't, but we weren't the only ones.
Speaker 9: I mean, nobody was predicting this was going to happen.
Speaker 14: That if we had no and that was going to happen it can you imagine if we were telling viewers that they were going to get anywhere between fifteen and twenty inches of rain on Sunday, people would have been a full on pan.
Speaker 3: It would have been bonkers.
Speaker 6: And then just seeing the aftermath of it, and we were watching, I was ceiling and I both watching this morning.
Speaker 3: Sean was not by the way, I was getting ready for the show and.
Speaker 6: One of your field reporters and I'm sorry for blanking on her name right now? Was at that at the bridge that just or the road completely crumbled?
Speaker 3: Where was that.
Speaker 2: One right there?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 14: What was crazy about that? Sabrina And you guys are showing the picture. Thanks for pulling that up. There was a car flipped upside down right in the middle of that, you know, all you could like there it is. And I asked Marley, I was like, do they know whoever was in that car?
Speaker 9: Are they okay? Did they get out? She's like, yeah, I think so. And I'm like, oh my, can you imagine like that being you.
Speaker 2: I hope somebody checked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, there's not somebody star.
Speaker 14: Flashers were on shwan, she said, asked that somebody did check that. Apparently there were some paramedics on the other side of the road and they.
Speaker 3: Went they put their hazards. She didn't that's crazy. It was a great joke, trust me.
Speaker 14: She didn't here and I just heard something about the carving up.
Speaker 2: She said.
Speaker 1: I love that they had the hazards on even though the car was upset.
Speaker 15: That.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So Hurricane Ian was the last one I remember to have, like at least in my area, which is very close to Lake Davis and Kaylee Wade View Park all that stuff that was like significant flooding.
Speaker 3: Was this more rain than that?
Speaker 14: So yeah, so this was more rain than Hurricane Milton, which would have been the last hurricane to wash out roads in that same area, both branch roads. So people who live in Lake County and are familiar were sort of this area where where that road was washed out. So yes, they are very familiar with the roads in that area. It's always the same roads, it seems like that they have issues with, and so yes, Hurricane Milton would have washed washed out some of these same roads, so they will quite literally be rebuilding rose they just fixed.
Speaker 2: Damn terrible.
Speaker 1: Somebody else says, we played a gig last night at Singer Island, you know where that's ad Sean. We saw this weather heading towards us and got everything undercover and for about two hours the rain was sideways. There were tables and chairs flying everywhere. It was like a mini hurricane. It was nuts. So yeah, it was pretty bad last night, which is is just crazy.
Speaker 2: A lot of people didn't really think that.
Speaker 1: They were going to have to prepare for this over the weekend, but now.
Speaker 9: Well we can't. Here's what we knew.
Speaker 14: So we knew that we have Hurricane Melissa to the south of US, and that we had this dry air from the north of US, and basically what happens is they were butting up against each other, which creates, you know, the phenomenon that we saw last night. But not to that extent did they realize that it would create that much of an issue. So we knew this cold front's coming in. That's why it's going to be so much cooler for Central Florida later this week. It's going to be amazing, by the way, Like I think the high on Thursday is gonna be like seventy one, which is crazy like Halloween, Like the kids aren't going to be all sweaty and their costumes is going to be beautiful. But unfortunately, in order to get to that great weather, we had to go through what we went through last night, and it's bad for a lot of people.
Speaker 9: So I feel bad for the folks who are dealing with the flooding.
Speaker 2: And now we got this storm.
Speaker 1: It's over like the islands, it's over Jamaica today. Hurricane Melissa, which is category five status I believe, and.
Speaker 9: Growing Sean getting stronger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like it's maxed out hurricane basically headed for Jamaica at the moment, you know, right now that we're doing this show live, and obviously that's gonna be tough, you know What's kind of crazy though, They said Jamaica should prepare for twenty to thirty inches of rain, which is only a little bit more than we got in you know, just a.
Speaker 2: Couple of hours last night.
Speaker 1: But that storm afterwards, the meteorology team over at Fox thirty five, what are they suggesting we're looking at we're gonna have any impact Hurricane Alyssa.
Speaker 14: The only thing that we'll experience other than what we saw last night, just from it being close to us and butting up with that that the cool front from the north, well, we'll have more beach erosion, which we already have a lot, so that is not going to help with the beach erosion we already see. And and just like strong choppy waves, so you're don't want to stay out of the water, although at this point, you know, not a lot of people are still you know, hopping in the water at the beach.
Speaker 9: Maybe the surfers. That's about it.
Speaker 2: H Yeah, it makes sense.
Speaker 1: The big question everybody's asking is who you're going to be for Halloween, Amy Cofell, I'm.
Speaker 9: Not dressing up. So it's like it's always the same.
Speaker 14: Like, so Colton's birthday is on the thirtieth and then Halloween's the next day, so he's gonna be fifteen this year, which this is actually a great debate, so I know it's crazy. So he's going to get his permit on Thursday or driving very single digits like so they well yeah, like, well so you guys, I've with you for what thirteen years? So that means like he would have been like like a baby baby. Yeah, brazy that was, but so so they changed the rules. So now in Florida, in order to get your permit, you have to take a six hour online class. Nick used to be I think it used to be four. I don't know what was it when you guys, do you remember.
Speaker 3: I just remember having to.
Speaker 1: Read the little booklet and then we would go and take the test.
Speaker 6: I don't remember if there was Sean was driving, he had to like wind it up right in the front with a crown.
Speaker 3: You need to move mine.
Speaker 1: It sounds old that I was born in the nineteen hundreds, but it wasn't that far in the Jesus I had.
Speaker 14: People say back in the nineteen hundred, I know it sounds terrible.
Speaker 4: I had for my permit was a test on the computer, but no driving. The license had the driving part right, I don't remember if I had to. I know I did a traffic class into the one where they it's like the improv comedy traffic class, which.
Speaker 3: I still have to use my tickets for that.
Speaker 4: Oh, I don't know how much how much you're learning versus you know, just uh, just there to kind of get that that endorsement, get whatever signed off on while they tell.
Speaker 2: Jokes the whole time.
Speaker 3: The jokes really bad, by the way.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I should use that money to get some better old on.
Speaker 1: Are you here to tell me that they don't have high caliber comedians?
Speaker 2: A son of a bitch? Ain't that something?
Speaker 9: We had to take?
Speaker 14: It a full on class, like a driver's ed class. It was like mandatory. I grew up in Ohio, so like it was a full semester. And mister Brown, who was also the football coach, was the one who was about the class. Yeah that, but like I just feel like, I don't know, I don't feel like we do enough. And now there's like all these you know, distractions and kids are distracted by their phones and.
Speaker 9: The radio, and I don't know, it just like makes me. It makes me nervous.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: I'm interested to hear that your son is even like eager to get the license because of some of the stuff we talked about last week where.
Speaker 2: They said so few of these people who are.
Speaker 1: Coming of age are actually making the effort to go try to do this to get their license.
Speaker 2: But it seems like he is.
Speaker 14: He'sazz but part of it is because he's been begging for an e bike or like a like an electric scooter for a while.
Speaker 9: And I'm like, because.
Speaker 14: I do the news and you guys know this, I'm adamant about not doing it because I mean, we do way too many stories, some of the worst dangerous they are. Yeah, so I'm like, now I'm like jaded. So he's really upset that he is not able to get one of those. So so then.
Speaker 4: You want to tell us some good news about electric scooter's mom, what's the good news?
Speaker 6: Or you can prank them and just buy him a helmet and then nothing, which.
Speaker 14: Like you know, Sabrina, would he keep the helmet?
Speaker 12: On.
Speaker 9: No, so that's why he's not getting one.
Speaker 1: I'm like, is he going to get a new car when he's sold out?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, it's all right, it'll still close.
Speaker 14: I told you very what happened when so Kate, my oldest, when she got her license, she totaled the car within one month of getting her turning sixteen. So she turned sixteen, she passed her she passed her driving test like it with one hundred percent flying colors, and then one month later the car was totaled. So so then so we bought her like a crappy car, which I don't know if I told you guys, this was so funny. She she's driving to school one day and she calls me and she's like all into tizzy and she's like, did you know that.
Speaker 16: The hubcaps on this car are made out of plastic? And I'm like, yeah, I just hit a curb really hard and the hubcap came up and it shouted into a million pieces, and.
Speaker 9: So she was like all upset, and I was like, well, I was like, if you want to get.
Speaker 14: A new hubcap, you're gonna pay for that yourself.
Speaker 4: By just just calling you and immediately going did you know these hubcaps were plastic.
Speaker 3: And here's the thing that's not her first last.
Speaker 9: Her kids are spoiled.
Speaker 14: So that's why now they get crappy cars, and everybody gets a crappy car. And so she's she's had a crappy car for the last two years.
Speaker 6: And the car easily replaceable. You know that's an Amazon two day shipping.
Speaker 14: Yeah, but she was gonna have to pay for itself, so she never did. So all of her friends knew her car because it was the one with three.
Speaker 3: That's good, what's not either?
Speaker 1: So what said the budget your son gets for his car? Do you like to give him a budget he has to sail in?
Speaker 14: Well, no, I mean we're just gonna buy him a crappy car. Like you know, I love you get something, but.
Speaker 9: I mean safe.
Speaker 14: When I say crappy, I just mean it's not going to be like.
Speaker 9: Nice, it's not going to be new. Not one of those parents. It's going to like put a big on the.
Speaker 14: Car, showed like posted look at your sixteen video, Like that's not me.
Speaker 9: I'm not going to be doing that.
Speaker 1: Sabrina's got a Mazda. She's ready to retire and just send it out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, after I think it'll last all of three to five maybe seven more years, perfect and unless Kate drives it not plastic cub caps. You can see actually all the curves that I did hit because they yeah, you'll see it and anything.
Speaker 3: I was grabbing your attention out there.
Speaker 2: We need to know. Amy Coffel, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 14: You guys well the MCO we were having some again. This is for local listeners. The airport had a power outage this morning that affected the tram terminals A and B.
Speaker 9: I don't know if you guys are following that.
Speaker 14: I have a checked to see if it's back online.
Speaker 9: Hold on, I'll tell you.
Speaker 14: Let me see if they've updated it.
Speaker 9: And the answer is, let's see.
Speaker 1: Is this because of the government shutdown restored?
Speaker 9: Has now been restored.
Speaker 14: The baggage system and gate links have returned to normal operations.
Speaker 9: Thank you for your patients.
Speaker 14: So if you are heading to the airport today out of Orlando, just make sure you call ahead because it could have disrupted travel at least for a little bit while they try to get things back.
Speaker 9: Online and back together.
Speaker 14: Just one of those crazy days power outages at the airport.
Speaker 9: The flooding was significant.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Weird one classic Monday.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Wow, and huge thanks to everybody who came out to making strides this weekend. We just got of the numbers and forty five thousand people at leath Yola.
Speaker 9: Wow morning and then amazing.
Speaker 2: That's fantastic to hear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw your photos from from this weekend and it really looks that's such a great event. It really is, and it is it is.
Speaker 9: We're grateful to be a part of.
Speaker 14: It, and it's really cool and God bless all the folks of breast cancer out there who came out.
Speaker 9: It was crazy, you guys that the gal.
Speaker 14: Who actually was the one who called me to tell me I had breast cancer. Her name is Erica. She called from my doctor's office while I was at work. I stepped off the set. I told Danielle at the time, I said, if I don't come back to the set, it's because I have cancer.
Speaker 9: And so Erica was the one who told me.
Speaker 14: And she was amazing and she was all the things that you should be when you're telling somebody terrible news, and she was just empathetic and sweet and kind. She walked up to me on Saturday morning and she was wearing a survivor sash, and I said, oh my gosh, and she's yeah, I was diagnosed.
Speaker 17: A year.
Speaker 9: So, I mean, it's truly, it hits so many women.
Speaker 14: Sean, I know it's hitting very close to you and your heart and your family, and it's just it's a really tough thing for any family to go through. So it's just it's wonderful to be around you know, you know, people who understand what you're going through.
Speaker 9: So I was very grateful.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm glad to see that.
Speaker 1: That's fantastic and looks like huge, huge amounts of people out there and support of that event this Weekim Well, we love you. We hope you have a spooky and happy Halloween.
Speaker 9: Thanks you guys, and I love you too.
Speaker 2: We will see you next time on the show.
Speaker 1: Perhaps you might see Amy Kaufelt at the rest event.
Speaker 9: Well see thirtyth yea, it might be something in the work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that is coming up quite soon. I'm a little nervous but excited, and we thank you as always, Amy Coffelt.
Speaker 17: Love you.
Speaker 2: She really is the best.
Speaker 1: She's professional and she is on top of things.
Speaker 3: Sways great attitude.
Speaker 1: She does, you know, even on a bad day, She'll push through like nobody else. So make sure you're watching every single day with the crew at Fox thirty five because they are amazing.
Speaker 2: I don't care where you are.
Speaker 1: Wake up and check out the website Fox thirtyfive Orlando dot com and follow her on all social media platforms.
Speaker 2: Amy Coffel all right, we'll be back in just a moment, folks.
Speaker 1: When we come back another one of these Halloween displays that has people pissed off. We have somebody who listens to the show who also has had the cops called on them for.
Speaker 2: Their Halloween display. We'll share the.
Speaker 1: Details on that one for you, and what's going on at Disney World with a third person in ten days Dying. We'll give you the latest details what is happening here that's coming up next on the news junk Key not far away from two things, one being the Roast event, which is going to be fantastic on Thursday the Newsjunkie dot com slash rose for details, and the other being Halloween, which is the very next day and everybody's getting ready to go.
Speaker 3: People have up.
Speaker 1: Their game in the Halloween World and multiple houses have gotten in trouble over their displays a dispatch. Let me see, we're gonna find this a photo dispatch over the weekend, and they said this one got the cops called on us, and we did not take it down.
Speaker 2: We kept it up.
Speaker 1: And it's what looks like a body that has been beheaded on their properties, surrounded by caution tape. Oh, you can see this over on the news junky dot com. Click of the dispatches section. You'll see this person's.
Speaker 3: Photot hear that nine one?
Speaker 6: I mean, will they go after one or they had like four calls?
Speaker 1: I think this is going to Yeah, this is going to cause a lot of people to call it. It looks like a person's head has exploded on a picture, now, right, ken Ye?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I felt so.
Speaker 1: I mean it it's pretty it's pretty good. Like it's a pretty scary, spooky thing. And I get why people would call the cops or whatever.
Speaker 2: But he says he kept it up.
Speaker 1: He wasn't going to let them spook him into taking it down for Halloween.
Speaker 2: And he's not alone.
Speaker 1: There's other people getting pressured out there. There's one from CBS twelve and they said, these folks put up a Halloween display. The neighbors are upset, and it's because it's strip club themed. They have, like the skeletons out there.
Speaker 3: On the program before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but the neighbors do not. They did not like it. They were upset about this.
Speaker 4: I don't know if just skeletons have gotten cheaper or what like, maybe not the the twelve foot one that I have. I've driven by some houses where people have like double digit amounts of skeletons in all different kinds of different poses and parties. And uh, somebody that's kind of near Sabrina has a whole Taylor Swift setup. It's been big. They keep adding on to it. Now. Now the Kelsey brothers are part of it too.
Speaker 3: Oh correct, I mean I was.
Speaker 2: They're hosted.
Speaker 4: They're hosting the Dead podcast in the Frights or whatever.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 1: It's so people go to elaborate lengths. Now they want to have fun little displays.
Speaker 3: In their yard.
Speaker 2: I think that's fun. I think.
Speaker 1: And are you going to say, because there's like a skeleton going around a stripper pole, that's going to corrupt the whole neighborhood. These are not our actual problems, folks.
Speaker 3: Asking about it. It's like they can only do that because they're dead.
Speaker 4: Skeletons don't have boobies. This is the email I guess that started.
Speaker 1: It says, Hello, I wanted to bring something to your attention that's become a major concern in our Miniola neighborhood. A house in the Hills of Minneola Subdivision has a Halloween display that depicts skeletons in a strip club style scene, complete with a pole and suggestive poses.
Speaker 3: Suggestive poses. There's skeletons.
Speaker 1: It's not like there's boobs hanging out or too much ass showing. There are skeletons. This is not your average spooky decor. It's clearly adult themed, and it's located on a front porch in full view of families and school aged children who walk by every day on their way to and from school.
Speaker 6: Well, don't worry, they're not looking at the skeletons. They're looking at their phone that has far more graphic material on it.
Speaker 1: Certainly many of us in the neighborhood field this crosses the line of what's appropriate.
Speaker 2: Let's see. I want to see some more details on this such she said.
Speaker 7: It's not your typical spooky decor. This one's got skeletons and suggestive poses a poll and it's all out in the open where kids walk to school. Ooh, we had to come see it for ourselves. Now I'm here to figure out what this means for this family focused community and where the line gets drawn between Halloween fun and what's appropriate in neighborhoods like this. Gabriella, who lives right across the street, says she sees it is all in good fun.
Speaker 2: Well, she's going way up there.
Speaker 1: Okay, this this lady runs up on the people's patio. I guess she's friends with them, and she's like, I'm supportive of it. I'm fine, and she starts dancing around this tripper pole herself. I don't know she's been wine drinking during the day. I'll kick this back a second. Hang on, just in case you're missing.
Speaker 7: Unity and where the line gets drawn between Halloween fun and what's appropriate in neighborhoods like this.
Speaker 2: Here she goes.
Speaker 7: Gabriella, who lives right across the street, says she sees it is all in good fun.
Speaker 18: And they caught her in, she said to kids, and she does exactly that.
Speaker 1: She's got kids, and she says even her kids are excited about this strip club skeleton set up this.
Speaker 7: Lady no problem for us, But not everyone in the neighborhood agrees.
Speaker 3: In the anonymous tip.
Speaker 7: We found heated debates on the neighborhood's social media page. One poster said, I don't see stripping as art, whether it's skeletons or cartoons. I wouldn't want my kids exposed as sexual innuendos. Another responded, if you want to see it as sexual, that's your take. Does it show the skeleton removing clothes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's literally a skeleton.
Speaker 1: Everybody like, you can't really do much with them that would be out of line unless they're.
Speaker 4: You know, they're set up like a mop mop scenario between two skeletons or full human centipede or something like.
Speaker 3: Also just bones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just not offensive to me, per but people will go, this is a family neighborhood, Okay, calm down. You take yourself so seriously, for God's sake.
Speaker 7: How do you know if it's a female or male skeleton. Another neighbor said, we live here too, this is very inappropriate. One resident even contacted the homeowners association, which replied, unfortunately.
Speaker 2: Fire can anything about it.
Speaker 1: I like how the HOA says, Unfortunately, we can't do anything about this unless you'd like to give us more power in your neighborhood, and then we can slam these folks down and shut down all these spooky strip club skeleton displays.
Speaker 7: Halloween decorations are allowed, and residents can put up whatever holiday decorations they prefer. The HOA advised that the offended neighbors should wait until Halloween is over next weekend, when the display will come down will While Gabriella says she's more worried about the scary, gory displays than this one.
Speaker 10: I'm afraid the one they put a lot of some scared things with no head.
Speaker 2: But this is so fun, Gabriella. Gabriella is fun, the hidden star of this, this entire ordeal.
Speaker 1: She's fine, she's good, you know, she's saying, like, guys, what are you being so serious about? And I agree with her. I agree. This is sort of like next door material, where people post on next door and they.
Speaker 4: Go, we can't take this in our neighborhood, and you go, god, what like there are problems in every neighborhood. There are major issues. This is not one of them. This is not one of them.
Speaker 1: People get upset about the dumbest things.
Speaker 4: What pun do you think the news station used to headline this story? The skeletons are involved, seeming like the neighbors have a little bit of a problem.
Speaker 1: Maybe skeletons in their closet.
Speaker 2: No bone bone man, Well there you go. It's what's happening in those neighborhoods.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that when the skeletons come down for Halloween, they just put up a nice busty Missus claw.
Speaker 2: Just grinding on.
Speaker 4: Santa's lap or something.
Speaker 1: But there are so many we have real problems. These are not real problems a skeleton and on a strip club setup. I have not not problems in my neighborhood. But I just have curiosities in my neighborhood. No, no, no, no, no, I got there's a thing going on in my neighborhood.
Speaker 2: I'll be quick.
Speaker 1: We keep seeing it every weekend.
Speaker 2: Maybe you guys know what the hell this is.
Speaker 1: They rent out one pavilion at the park near us and I think they're all adults and they just rave, They spin around and park.
Speaker 2: Graves are a thing.
Speaker 3: Nobody told their music.
Speaker 1: There's music, but it's like, at such a reasonable level, I.
Speaker 3: Can afford to rent out a club.
Speaker 6: So it's like, we have this for one hour, and it's just fifty dollars towards the city and the upkeep of said park.
Speaker 3: So let's do a kind of silent ish rave.
Speaker 1: Everybody's like keeping things clean, but they're out there spinning things around.
Speaker 4: I mean, I thought you couldn't even rent out that kind of stuff. Isn't all the park stuff shut down? Because it was, but it's not at night.
Speaker 1: No, this park is like a local park, so I think it's not affected by that. But it's not even at nice during the day on weekends, and they're just very quietly sitting in there one thing, and but the music is not really loud.
Speaker 3: You guys ready for the base to drop.
Speaker 1: And they're all out there kind of like it's like a little electric daisy carnival, like an acoustic daisy carnival, and there. I don't if you know what's going on with that, Please tell me. I'm very curious. I know probably would have I'm not invited.
Speaker 3: Have you considered putting our next door?
Speaker 1: No, because then I don't know what is the thing that's going on I.
Speaker 4: Don't want to be that guy. I'm I don't even chime in on these things.
Speaker 1: Okay, when we come back to the next episode, wins Now, what's coming up on the next episode?
Speaker 6: Thank you so much for asking. Yeah, three two one?
Speaker 3: What's coming on the next episode?
Speaker 6: Eiode a weird edition of Not the Onion Somehow, slip Knot does the Whitney Houston Challenge, and the White House involves itself in the Xbox PlayStation Rivalry gives in as a back to the future collab in the works, while Genoemine went back in time nonchalantly. Plus the most random weird how the frick celebrity couple of the Year maybe decade?
Speaker 3: Find out who? And so much more coming up on the next episode.
Speaker 1: And that is coming up next on the news, Chunkie Halloween is on the way. Oh god, I'm excited. I'm ready for it. I'm I'm thrilled. We got our event coming up this week. We are just all ready to go. But I do want to give you a tiny little reminder before the next episode. When you hear the keywords every single day on this show, make sure you're reacting. We still got some time left for you. When you hear it. Next time you hear the person say the keyword, do what they say and give it a shot. People start to get lazy, they don't play anymore. That's your turn to pick up one thousand dollars. All right, so I want you to be the next winner. Let us know after your victory lap, let's get into it. Let's do the next episode.
Speaker 2: Because there's a lot.
Speaker 1: On TV and you can't possibly keep up with all of it, even though you should, because what else are you going to talk about? Damn, I gotta remember that weather's nice. It's time for the next episode with Sabrina.
Speaker 8: Hey smoke, we.
Speaker 3: Hold up.
Speaker 6: The next episode brought to you by that mortgage guy Don, that mortgage guy Don dot com and of course the Home Loans radio show. You know, if you're thinking twenty twenty six is my year to finally get a home, then he's the guy to work with. Perhaps you already got your dream home and you want to refinance it. Maybe your business owner ready to expand that bad boy work with someone who's got your back best interest in mind, and it's worth mentioning. He is very smart and an expert at what he does, and also a very big expert when it came to being one of the sponsors for the rose coming up this week on Thursday. Start the process today or see him on Thursday by going to that mortgage guy don dot com or be there on Thursday.
Speaker 3: Don't miss the boolcome mortgage guy don.
Speaker 6: Dot com because the rose is not on his website. It was Samir sixty one years ago, nineteen sixty four, one of these two right here, so sure that is correct, sunny to be exact. And it was on this day that he married Share for seven and a half points.
Speaker 3: Where did they get married? They not the United States.
Speaker 1: They got married in Okay, I'm just gonna take a shot in the dark. I vaguely remember something about Share spending time in Croatia.
Speaker 3: That is not close. Nope, no way.
Speaker 2: It was eight They renamed it to Sheriffs.
Speaker 3: Tijuana, Mexico.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it was pretty farm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she wore bell bottoms.
Speaker 6: They divorced in theory of nineteen seventy four.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's a new hot.
Speaker 1: I might have made that up, but I thought I remember Share like being in Croatia for some reason.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and uh, he ran into that whole tree thing.
Speaker 2: That was not good.
Speaker 3: Not for seventy eight and.
Speaker 6: Then, oddly enough, also on this day, the anniversary of her wedding, Share sued the rich seaside city of Malibu, California, after she was denied her application to build a new home on a bluff overlooking the beach.
Speaker 3: Still hard to this day, man?
Speaker 6: And also is it's still there to this day? Well two, after all these years, it's probably washed.
Speaker 1: Right, No, I mean it might have got burned out and those those fires that burned a bunch of the Malibu houses on the beach now, but this is just such a nightmare doing anything there.
Speaker 3: Did its thing.
Speaker 6: This is so weird to me, and I've never heard of this. Did you know that Elizabeth Hurley? You know her from a Awesome power Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I heard the weird photo shoots. So she has her teenage son take the pictures from as correct?
Speaker 6: And you thought could Lizzie get any weirder? Do you know who she is with dating?
Speaker 3: Dating?
Speaker 2: Dating?
Speaker 3: According to I don't, she's.
Speaker 4: She's she's cougar in this thing, right, I see her as No, it's not.
Speaker 2: The younger guys is older.
Speaker 6: He is four years older, and we're very familiar with him. His face is attempting to look younger, but according.
Speaker 3: To reports, she's with.
Speaker 2: Cyrus.
Speaker 3: Billy Ray Cyrus.
Speaker 6: When I thought he was falling apart, Oh, I'm sure.
Speaker 3: He still is. But Elizabeth Atley's like, I'll fix you. She was last I saw her.
Speaker 2: She still looks fantastic. Yeah, it looks great.
Speaker 3: Couldn't say the same for Billy. I feel like you just uh.
Speaker 6: I did watch House of Wax for the first time in many years. You know, the with Paris Hilton, that horror movie. That's what Billy Ray's face looks like. Me boom roasted.
Speaker 3: Billy is fabulous.
Speaker 6: We're very happy, very happy, direct to Yahoo.
Speaker 3: From Elizabeth Hurley.
Speaker 6: She went on to say that they spent the summer with her at her home in here at Fordshire, England. He loves it, obviously, he loves England. The weather's nicer here, lifts forty minutes outside of Nashville.
Speaker 3: It's so beautiful. They are happy as a pair. How did they mean? I do not understand what's going on here? I thought he was okay, he was kind of crazy.
Speaker 1: Like they make sense together. I guess a little bit. He looks like, oh god, he looks a bit like the food Fighters guy.
Speaker 3: No, Dave grows older brother.
Speaker 1: He looks like Dave GROW's other older brother a little.
Speaker 3: Bit maybe in that picture.
Speaker 6: Now play the footage of him singing at that weird Trump rally.
Speaker 2: No, that wasn't good. He was he was not on key there.
Speaker 6: According to reports and the hashtag for you Wendy continues, Wendy Williams the Guardian is now being accused of draining her as she reportedly never knew she was paying twenty five thousand dollars a month in rent at the assisted living facility all right, which is bunkers she publicly deemed a luxury luxury dump, which I believe I had one of those this weekend. Instead, she reportedly thought the rent was just eighteen thousand dollars a month.
Speaker 2: It's still quite expensive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, some people don't make that.
Speaker 6: In several months, but according to page six, the former TUK show host found out how much she was actually paying for assisted living facility apartment through her own press coverage so still gets access to the news, and told the publication that she has so far removed from the details about her own finances, that she thought this luxury dump was eighteen thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: You know, I never watched that documentary that she put out set.
Speaker 3: It's on the queue, in the queue.
Speaker 1: I don't have enough, Like I don't have a solid idea of where she at and where she's at and what's wrong with her and you know what's going on there.
Speaker 6: There've been like a couple of interviews where some people that are not use her show because I watched a lot of it during COVID that was the go to at ten AM, and I would at least see the first two segments. And her crazy eyes have always been there. You know that she's always been a little bit different. Then you get the interviews with her and they're like, clearly she needs to be an assisted living like Wendy has been this way the whole time.
Speaker 3: And twenty five thousand dollars a month is bunkers.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know enough about it, but I know they tried to free Brittany and that doesn't seem to have played out well.
Speaker 3: So it's fine.
Speaker 2: Fred tread lightly is what I would suggest.
Speaker 6: From this time to be a flying So let's just get this out of the way. A lot of Halloween themed stuff come in our way and just let you know if you find yourself in Simi.
Speaker 3: Valley, Simmy, Simmy, that's how am I?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Simmi Valley, California. To be exact, the actor who plays the Sun in Poltergeist is gonna be handing out candy dude trick or treet does at the actual house of the Poltergeist, which is all that's kind. His name is Oliver Robbins. He played Robbie Freeling. He's the kid that gets attacked by his own clown doll.
Speaker 2: You remember that, right, I have not seen Poltergeist.
Speaker 4: Oh I don't know if I've seen it a long time ago.
Speaker 6: That's a fake slap and I almost destroyed a very expensive camera.
Speaker 3: I haven't finished paying off in our sideways, so you can visit.
Speaker 6: Their new owner of the house will also be decorating with lots of skeletons and not at the final scene at the movie, a lot of spoiler alerts. And if you can't stop by on Halloween, you can rent it as an Airbnb. Can't do the same for the mall that Dawn of the Dead was in because.
Speaker 3: Walmart bought it. How exciting and.
Speaker 6: What a great opportunity to just allow it to be the spot for other perhaps films or done to the Dead fourteen, but instead it has been announced that they are completely destroying it.
Speaker 4: They should keep around one mall in like Hollywood, that is just for doing these kind of come to Central Florida.
Speaker 6: We got four of them that no one goes to. Sure fifty years ago, George A. Romero forever immortalized Pennsylvania's Monroeville Mall as a piece of horror history. And Walmart's like, we'll take it, and they're going to demolish it. It is part of a thirty four million dollar deal. And there you have it, my friends on the boob tube. So Scary came through the World Series. Who's playing Sean five points?
Speaker 1: As the World Series is the Dodgers and the Angels, Baby Angels in the outfield?
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 3: I got one blue Jesus, but those points we got an angel?
Speaker 2: What you ride now?
Speaker 3: One more time?
Speaker 2: You got an angel? Which you ride now?
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: I'm tool for this.
Speaker 6: Uh football with the Commanders and the Chiefs. The voice battle rounds and you can catch James Gordon on Fallon, follow your.
Speaker 3: Dreams of me on Instagram at Sabrina Ambro most.
Speaker 6: Bortly stay with me America slowed every day.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Sabrina lots to get to here. On the show, an email coming in from William, he says, you can call me William. I just did to tips of the news Chunky does okay. I'm a Titus Phlle resident. This was like Hurricane Heleen and Milton in three hours. There's some tree downs in my yard, or trees down rather in my yard. I help my neighbor to cut the tree and remove it from the road. The second photo is where water got near my front door.
Speaker 2: Many in the neighborhood were fully flooded.
Speaker 1: This was the most insane thing I've seen, and I lived in Florida since I was born in nineteen eighty eight. This could be described as biblical, but I'm not religious, says William. Final note, I love all you do my best to listen every day. Join the news junkie discord.
Speaker 4: I yell, it is the best discord, he says William in Titusville.
Speaker 2: Thank you, William. Let's see how close this water got.
Speaker 1: I mean, it doesn't look very dramatic in this photo, but I could see yeah, I could see where the water was up here, closer to your house.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 1: The other photo was way more shocking of the road opening up and eating cars.
Speaker 4: But yeah, that guy may have won your inbox for the day. Yeah, yeah, this.
Speaker 3: Is everything that everything come.
Speaker 2: With the fire.
Speaker 3: If you're going after say, close fourteenth place.
Speaker 1: You yawn, sir, yawn, this is the get a broom in five minutes and we can clean this up here.
Speaker 2: But you're not very difficult.
Speaker 4: No, I'm sure you could call stuff biblical, even if you're not very religious. I think people would know what you're talking about. They're not gonna go what Lol, Sir, you said biblical includes you on your Jesus knowledge.
Speaker 6: Unless you're referring to Noah's arc. I mean, that's a significant difference between a little dirt on the porch.
Speaker 2: Somebody else says they want to stay anonymous.
Speaker 3: Am I right? Catholics?
Speaker 2: And they sent this over? Is this real? It seems fake.
Speaker 1: It says for Sabrina and it's a funding website and it says bring movie people closer to the movies they love. It's a movie Pass company funding thing.
Speaker 2: But this must go fund me for movie Pass.
Speaker 3: Yeah enough, thank you. It says now, it says it started here.
Speaker 1: This must be fake though it says this raised nine point one million dollars of ten million dollars, there's no way.
Speaker 3: There's no Movie Pass.
Speaker 1: Original co founders Stacy Spikes bought Movie Pass back from private equi ownership. Epic turnaround story featured in the HBO original documentary produced by Mark Wohlberg. Thirteen million dollars an annual recurring revenue, a two point eight million movie visits, books and three launch and oh, I guess you could just like invest in the company or something.
Speaker 3: This seems weird. That's weird.
Speaker 1: I mean nine point one million people or nine one one million dollars that people have given for this?
Speaker 2: What do I get? What's an investor per.
Speaker 6: I don't know, because when that first thing came out, though it screwed everybody over, why would anyone invest in this?
Speaker 1: Well, this is somebody new who's bought it over, and now they want to get people back into the company, which no, the.
Speaker 2: First time around was quite bad. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's for that to spand please, I'll.
Speaker 1: Try to see what you get if you put some money forward. And it's like very very long this whole thing, but it doesn't tell me what I go. Okay, invest in Movie Pass. If you spend more than a quarter million dollars, you get the CEOs as a featured guest speaker at your company conference or private event in the studio. Team Perks, which is dinner in a movie with the CEO in New York City or LA and executive producer per which is an invitation to Urban World twenty twenty six is a VIP.
Speaker 4: Guests donate one hundred thousand dollars and they won't even give you the transportation to have the dinner in a movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, these suck. I guess people are donating. All right, check it out. Wefunder dot com is the website.
Speaker 3: Check it out.
Speaker 1: Do you know when we come back, we got to get to the Disney World drama. The deaths are piling up all of a sudden. What's happening there? Is this actually their fault in any way? And also the food stabs drama that's building up as we approach November. First, how many people are going to be affected by this? What's really going to happen? All of that on the way and the drama around it is coming up next on the News Chunkie and no, I'm not talking about the roast. That will be uh fun news for a small amount of people. Our exclusive event is coming up with a bit. Lexi emails about this. Hey, junkies, so excited for the roast. October thirtieth is our wedding anniversary and there's no other way we'd want to celebrate sweet. This will also be our first News Junkie event. We've been longtime listeners. We quote you guys almost as much as we quote SpongeBob on a daily basis. Well to show I love you guys, can't wait for hilarious evening and to finally experience the community in person. You're the best and a genuine light of enjoyment every day, says Lexi.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, LEXI appreciate that.
Speaker 1: A different angle here with a doubt who emails tips through the show, so I would never go to that rose this versus says, Hey, Jean, I just wanted to share my flowney story.
Speaker 3: Okay, I already know where those are, folks.
Speaker 2: I already know.
Speaker 1: I broke my nose twenty five years ago, and after a botch surgery to fix it, I was always congested, so I use nasal spray every day for a few years. Now I have permanent nerve. Dam I'm jim My nose track. I have lost just about all of my sense of smell, and I could barely taste food flavors. It blows no pun intended, So be careful with that stuff, he says, all right, I will, I will try. I mean, I just I got the allergies, no matter what I got them.
Speaker 2: It's bad. It's bad, and I got.
Speaker 1: To fight them off and that helps me get through the show without like every three seconds or so. But I appreciate the email. I appreciate the thoughts. So we were talking about this, and this is kind of crazy to me, especially said somebody just posted in chat. I made twenty four thousand dollars last year and I didn't get any of these snap food stamps. How to that person, how is it because somebody else in your house made a bunch of money, Because it seems like that would be the qualification.
Speaker 2: For you, see like look at look up, let's go Florida, just.
Speaker 1: To be particular, because it's gonna be I think it's gonna vary a little bit, or it's.
Speaker 2: A National Plan.
Speaker 1: Look up SNAP requirements, Snap food stamp requirements.
Speaker 2: And we'll get to that at a moment.
Speaker 1: Because the government shutdown is going to have its first big impact here really, and that is that people will stop getting their food stamps on November first. And if you go to the USDA website, they got another one of these alerts up to talk about the government shutdown, and this says Senate Democrats have now voted twelve times to not fund the food stamp program, also known as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program or SNAP.
Speaker 3: Bottom line, the well is what run dry.
Speaker 1: At this time. There will be no benefits issued November first. We are approaching an inflection point for Senate Democrats, this message says. Obviously, this is from the Trump White House. They can continue to hold out for healthcare for illegal aliens and gender mutilation procedures, or reopen the government so mothers, babies, and the most vulnerable among us can receive critical nutrition assistance. Says this message from the USDA, which is obviously you know that polytical in nature, and from the Trump's White House. We're going to see who everybody blames for this. I know that there was another attempt to get the funding to stretch out a little bit to make sure that federal employees were paid and that they were getting their paychecks. But they just couldn't get the votes for it. And it's not the Republicans who aren't voting for this. The argument comes down to two things, all right, If you want to know who to blame in these situations, the argument comes down to do you think that the minority party, which in Congress at the moment is the Democrats. Do you think that they should utilize this moment to try to work through things that they want changed, that they should utilize this to try to fight for the people that voted for them, or do you think it's more important that they keep the funding going for the government and for people on these plans. And your decision on how you feel about that is going to judge how this whole thing is is treated, because now you'll have a lot of people who won't get these food stamps, and the numbers are insane. Most people don't know this, but food stamps in Snap it's it's.
Speaker 2: Forty million Americans.
Speaker 1: Forty million, right, that's about twelve percent of Americans get these SNAP benefits, these food stamps money and other things that they are able to get payments and such to buy groceries and food for their families. So that's a lot of people. Forty million people or twelve percent of the public. It helps. This is about one in every eight Americans. It helps them buy groceries.
Speaker 3: I mean that's a lot.
Speaker 6: And then even if they use every single dollar that they have left this next round, I mean, what does that even mean? You can't even stock up for the time that you don't have snap benefits.
Speaker 1: Well, they don't know when they're going to solve this. You have no idea when they're going to solve this. And this is some people get like a small amount of money. Some people heavily rely on it. To get all the arguments in here so everybody feels represented. There are many people who think there are way too many people on these food stamp programs, and with forty million people on these programs, you're probably right. You're probably right that there's some people who should be further looked at and find out if they're the best people to be in these programs or if they're taking advantage of it. But I'll tell you a lot of these people are young, poor, families. Okay, And even when we first had Dylan, I have a job barely at the time, I think I was just like interning at the rock radio station. And for Dylan, his mother was on food stamp benefits for like six months or a year or something like that.
Speaker 2: So a lot of people who are.
Speaker 1: Young end up with kids they need help getting money. I personally think that all of these things should be regulated in such a way that you make sure you know the amount of income these people are making. You make sure that they're actively searching for employment if they are employable people. You make sure that there aren't people just taking advantage and squeezing off the government teat to try to get as much as they can. But on the other hand, it's an important resource for a whole lot of people, people who aren't as fortunate as you or I, who legitimately are trying their best, some of them and they end up needing a little bit more assistance. But it says, bottom line, the well has run dry. So did you find out what the requirements are for that?
Speaker 4: So there's some work rules you must meet general work requirements for snap unless exempt such as being unable to work, caring for young children or incapacitated persons, or being a student. You have to have all this training program blah blah blah. But the biggest thing is the income. Right, most households must pass a gross income limit less than or equal to two hundred percent of the federal poverty level. The special poverty level is currently fifteen six hundred and fifty bucks.
Speaker 1: So okay, so it's about thirty grand household revenue. I mean that for an entire household. That's not that much money. It's it's really not thirty grand for a household. Now do you have some people who cheat on this and then they take more than they should? Yes, I unfortunately think those people become a representation of other folks who I care about that end up losing money in situations like this, like we always take the person who pulls up to the food bank and the Mercedes and you know, is fully capable of getting a job if they weren't pretending to have lime disease or whatever. That person always becomes the representation of these things. And then when you go through poor neighborhoods, you see sometimes that there are people that are like, oh, shoot, this is where this money actually goes a.
Speaker 6: Lot of time, and are the kids at school that they can barely afford lunch and even with the programs, it's the only meal of the day, and that that should be the representation of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, it's just just most people end up going like, there's two forty million people is a lot of people, right, So people go, there's too many people taking this money and it's not the social safety net that it's intended to be, and that that isn't fair to the people who actually need this. But we also shouldn't just say like all of these people are money grubbing losers who just can't get a job or aren't trying hard.
Speaker 5: Up.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of people, forty million people. What do you think is going to happen here? And if you're in one of these situations where this affects you, let us know. I know they're trying to prepare a lot of the food banks and stuff in different areas where people go and lean on these more private programs when they're not getting these checks. Will the Senate Democrats hold out? Will they feel some pressure and collapse? I literally have no idea how long this government shutdown is going to last for as long as these people think it's politically feasible. I think it could go on for a while, but as of November one, now, those food stamp funds will dry up. So let us know if you're impacted by this. Tips at the Newsjunkie dot Com. Over in Jamaica, Hurricane Melissa beginning to show some impact.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, winds a whip it up.
Speaker 2: A nice resort right here.
Speaker 1: I don't know what I'm looking at, but it's quite nice, huge huge pool, but they're palm trees are starting to get some wind and rain from Hurricane Melissa.
Speaker 3: Category Rye, It's take it a long time.
Speaker 1: It looks like it's you can't really tell too much because there's a building in the way, but from what I'm looking at, it looks like there's some real bad weather starting to kick through. All bring up some more clips and whatnot throughout the show and put the real good stuff over on see it now.
Speaker 4: We were talking about this last night and because Ashley had seen some some tiktoks and stuff from people that were at sandals locations in Jamaica and those are getting ready to like shut down and have to ride out this storm. And stuff, and somebody goes, well, I bet. I mean it might not be the worst thing in the world to be at an all inclusive during the hurricane. I'm like, I'm pretty sure they stop including stuff. No, when they stop including the stuff, you know, they're not stacking the empty shot glasses on their heads and dancing to reggae when the hurricane is coming through. I think you're just getting cold sandwiches with a ride out crew if you're stuck there.
Speaker 1: I want to go to that barbecue place that they had in Sandals, Jamaica, the jerk Shack. Baby, don't shut down the jerk Shack just because it's getting a little windy or rainy.
Speaker 2: I cannot deal with that. Fred.
Speaker 1: A lot of people are chiming in over on chat. Jeffrey says, I hope the Democrats hold out. A line needs to be drawn of the Republicans need to be held accountable for this nonsense. I don't know what he means by this nonsense, but that's what he says. Buzz says they're going to get rid of the benefits whether the Democrats hold out or not, So they better hold out or they don't have a spine. Boy I think a lot of these things are definitely said from the position of somebody who's not probably relying on these benefits. If you are, like, if you have so little extra money coming into your household and some kids to feed and stuff, and I got it, you could say like, well you shouldn't had kids, shouldn't I know, I know you could do all those things. But this is where we find ourselves. So we have to work within these you know, these the scenario that we call reality. And if you think that's the case, I think playing politics with those people in their situation is not super It's not fair to them. But yeah, I mean a lot of very political people be like, hell yeah, we got to hold them accountable.
Speaker 2: Somebody.
Speaker 3: Uh, we'll see how it plays out for you.
Speaker 4: Somebody on the texting service says, in all caps, every other shutdown in history of food stamps were funded.
Speaker 2: Is that true? I don't know. I have no idea.
Speaker 1: I know we have had other shutdowns in history. In this case, all of the Republicans are voting to continue funding the government and three, I don't know if any more than three in Senate. Three of the Senate Democrats have decided to vote with Republicans. They can't get any more Republicans, So either they push this through and get a couple more votes to push the funding through and then this whole thing is alleviated, or they keep going and these Democrats hold out, so we gotta take it to them. I say, you lost the election.
Speaker 4: Okay, there are consequences to losing elections. You could say hold on, stay strong, and all of that stuff. I would say, probably it would be best just to keep funding going for poor people in the meantime and then try to see what you could do in the midterm elections.
Speaker 2: This is just a very I don't know.
Speaker 1: It seems like stage kids at work. It seems like a very performative move, which I don't like because people actually get impacted by it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're I'm saying that during the twenty thirteen shutdown that the USDA was able to use contingency funds to keep snap benefits flowing. This was not guaranteed for the twenty twenty five shutdown that threatened the November benefits. Obviously, pressure was put on states. Benefits were not reduced, but were delayed, and states had to scrambled to cover costs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, certain states are saying that they're going to try to abridge the gap, and certain states aren't talking about that. We're not even there yet. We've still got just short of a week or so before this actually hits, so maybe somebody will cave before that. It all seems kind of dumb. Poor people exist, no matter what some folks want to think. On the other hand, taking those poor people and going we're going to take a stand right now, we just make a deal.
Speaker 2: For God's sake. You're not going to get the world.
Speaker 1: You're not going to get a Christmas list of your political wishes. You didn't win the election. So the folks that are pushing that line and using these people as your collateral in the middle as kind of grows honestly. But we'll see what you have to say. Hit us with the dispatch. Tips at the news Junkie dot com. Tips at the news Junkie dot com. All right, we got the Disney story coming up next. The third person in ten days has died at Disney World.
Speaker 2: How is this happening? What's going on?
Speaker 1: Will dive into these very very interesting stories and tell you what the details of this last one are that is coming up next to the news junkie. There is a bit of a mystery unfurling here, and it's now making notional and even international headlines because a third person in the last two weeks has died at Walt disney World, all right.
Speaker 2: Which used to not be allowed.
Speaker 1: I thought, you know, that's like the biggest rumor ever, Like all I think all three of us have heard this when we were kids, right, nobody can die at Disney World, which I don't think was ever true.
Speaker 3: I think it's just like as ever died there.
Speaker 1: Like to me, I look at this and I go, three people have died in two weeks at disney World. Tragic, bad, right, But is it kind of inevitable? There's so many people at Disney World. There's a lot of people that are there.
Speaker 4: In one case, you have, you know, you have a death at like a music festival or something, and you go, well, the influx of people has taken this small farmland and just exponentially multiplied the number of people that are there.
Speaker 2: With that many people, it's found to be an accident.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's how many millions of people are on some Disney property every day. It has to be just absolute boatloads of human beings bigger than most cities every day. So like in any city, you're gonna have people who die, people who you know, unfortunately take their lives. And it's just the juxtaposition of Walt Disney World and bad That's that's what makes things newsworthy to people. The first story was about this woman who flew to Orlando and went to this hotel and then took our own life, which I said, is like, what are you thinking. I mean, if you want to off yourself, that's one thing, but.
Speaker 3: Like if you want to dumpy right or something.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah.
Speaker 1: And in a place that's like known to be full of kids, you know, like people are complaining about skeletons doing strip teas dances for your Halloween display. This is the thing that is going to have an effect on anybody who happens to, God forbid see it. But that woman took her own life at Disney about a week ago plus.
Speaker 2: Then a man died who was at Oh, what's.
Speaker 1: What's the place called have all the like the camping and the cabins and stuff wilderness for Fort Wilderness. Yes, some guy was there and he just died. It was, you know, a terrible accident. He just died and Fort Wilderness, and now there's a third person that has died at Walt Disney World, the third in less than two weeks, and a chilling string of what they call fatalities.
Speaker 6: Is it we found out the actual numbers of people that died and mostly I imagine natural causes happenstance? Would it be a chilling string or technically statistically three possible?
Speaker 5: Guy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think once in a while, I think it's like, look if old people, young people, you have sick people. There's so many people that go to this, it's going to happen.
Speaker 2: Fortunately.
Speaker 1: The thing is, there's rumors and I do not know if there's any truth to this that this also is a person taking their life at the contemporary resort on.
Speaker 2: Disney profit or property.
Speaker 1: They said something happened in the back of the building with crime scene tapes surrounding the water fountain.
Speaker 2: This is one of the people.
Speaker 3: Why are you choosing that as a ghost to spot.
Speaker 1: I don't know if somebody jumped or accidentally fell to their death, but something happened, and they have an employee at every single window to shield you from looking out in the back so you can't view said somebody on social media reacting to this. So I really think it's in many ways the media taking this story and turning it into a bit more of a fantasy that it needs to be on account of Disney's Attachment.
Speaker 6: Two airplane that was in January, February March, the quarter four hype.
Speaker 1: And I also I hesitate for anything like this to get attention because if it is people taking their lives, that really social contagion does exist. It's a real thing. And the more air those stories get, the more people who are like, Okay, I'm going to do that too. But I this happens all the time. It happens with anything tied to the theme parks like the beauty fun family thing going on in this dark other side death and suicide that we're going to try to attach to it some way.
Speaker 2: So I think it's overblown, But we'll see.
Speaker 1: If you know anything about this, let us know the additional details over at tips tips at thenewsjunkie dot com. In fact, let's see we can work in a couple of emails real quick. Tom says, uh weather main Lane, Will weather main Lane be giving an update on the hurricane? Oh wait, there's a I don't know if I should touch this attachment here. Hang on, wait is this did you have a character that you made when you did your hurricane broadcast?
Speaker 2: Not that I remember, No, I don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh okay, this is them filming their radio.
Speaker 2: So let's listen and let's see what I said. The stuff that's going to get.
Speaker 13: More serious is probably going to get more serious in the next few hours. Slaine with US, Chris, we appreciate the O and please stay safe.
Speaker 2: Appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Who is this you're talking about around? Yeah?
Speaker 2: That was they had me as like the calling.
Speaker 4: Guys are going to get more serious serious something like that.
Speaker 2: Let me go back. Yeah, the stuff that's going.
Speaker 13: To get more serious is probably going to get more serious in the next few hours of Chris Slane with US, Chris.
Speaker 2: That's him. That's him. I sounded weirdly clear on that, like that was a phone call.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is this is not somebody's like old ass radio with an antendants.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: That was one of our Tampa guys. That's on the sister station that we're on over there. I was hosting like all night coverage. Gorman.
Speaker 3: I like that nickname though, Weather main Land.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know if we'll have an opportunity, because this storm looks like it's gonna hit Jamaica and Hispaniola, Haiti, Dominican Republic and then zoom out. But if it comes near.
Speaker 4: I don't know that there's going to be another resurgence this year of tropic like a top.
Speaker 1: But we'll see sometime. Yeah, at some time. Here's Megan emailing Good Afternoon Junkies. So my husband just had a quadruple bypass surgery almost three months ago.
Speaker 3: Jeeze.
Speaker 1: So obviously he's been out of work, says Megan. He's the main breadwinner in our home as I work part time. I thought for sure we would be a shoe in to get approved for benefits while he's out of work, but I was actually denied the benefits. And now I can't even get a hold of anybody to find out why we are not that rich and we're not trying to milk the government for assistance. We know there are people out there that do that, but we don't. She's saying there are people who have it way worse than we do. That's really surprising, And I don't know if they're basing that off like previous income brought in by your husband or whatever. But I think we need social safety nets. We need them for a lot of reasons. Number one, it helps lower the crime rate. When you have social safety nets like this, it lowers desperation crimes, and that's a good thing that's actually worth the tax dollars that goes into all this. You just need to make sure people aren't cheating the system, and then people like this do get some benefits, because I don't think many folks are against that. So Mike says, so some people will lose food stamps, but if the Affordable Care accepts that these aren't extended, some people will not be able to afford healthcare. This is not about giving insurance to illegals.
Speaker 2: Mike.
Speaker 1: I would encourage you, if you are in support of this, to find people that win elections, because if you win elections, then you can pass things. You can get a majority in these chambers and pass things that you want. If you don't like the way things are going, you can send them in a different direction. But you have to ask yourself, is this going to be smart? Is this going to be something that wins people over? Who are people going to blame for this? That is the biggest question. Scott says four hundred thousand kids in foster care won't receive their food benefits and the families taking care of them won't receive their funds for housing if the government stays close.
Speaker 2: If we get to this point.
Speaker 1: There could be I have really I have my doubts about this. They could come to an agreement before November and then this wouldn't happen and they would resolve the situation. They could say hey, and I imagine Republicans will do something like this. I imagine Republicans will do something like, hey, let's vote on extending the snap benefits for people and then pass a temporary budget so we can continue to fund things. And then we'll hash this out down the road. But then it'll come down to vote again. So we don't know what's going to happen in the next couple of days. But I know people who genuinely need stuff like that are probably not happy about it, and they shouldn't be. This is politics getting the way of their lives in a lot of cases. All Right, we're gonna take a quick break. When we come back, Jerry Doody is on the way. Let's see we got a bunch of stuff coming up that we have to get to. A Halloween story that I can't even believe. We have the first Lady of France back in the news over her gender or sex that's on trial in France this week, I'll explain.
Speaker 2: And a woman very very.
Speaker 1: Upset because she got a letter from the dentist's office.
Speaker 2: What did it say?
Speaker 1: I'll read it for you and you could tell me what you think about this that in fact is coming up next on the news Chunk Key.
Speaker 2: We'll get into more of your feedback.
Speaker 1: A lot of people talking about many different things we've hit on over the course of the show. But right now here we go. Let's do jury duty. Cod is no in session to put your phone down and pay attention before we call the bailiff over to whip your ass. Your knowing jury duty with the News Junkie. Jury Duty brought to you by the one the only Moduitt of the DeWitt Law Firm. Injured on the go, just call MO eight hundred, CALLMO eight hundred, CALLMO, or go to just CALLMO dot com after an accident. There is all sorts of places you can turn to a lot of different attorneys out there. Who say they're going to help you out, but are they really. Some of them will take advantage of you. Some of them will give you no attention. Some of them don't they they'll just fail you. But I think you're in good hands with Modwit and the DeWitt Law Firm. Eight hundred, CALLMO eight hundred, CALLMO, or go to just CALLMO dot com. Let's see we're talking a little bit during the break. The company that made the lift that was used as an escape from the Louver Museum after the heist went down.
Speaker 4: The company that made it or the company that rented it out. The company that rented it out.
Speaker 1: I guess the story says made from ABC News, but I don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, it says the company is Becker Agilo Furniture Lift.
Speaker 2: I think they made it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think they might be the people who actually make the thing and not rent it out. They've started to use it in some advertising on social media. Yeah, they're like, you know, when you really want to get out of there fast.
Speaker 3: Use R lifts.
Speaker 2: I like to escape the scene. And they've leaned into this quite a bit.
Speaker 4: And I remember that successful, highly successful Louver heist, hard as those.
Speaker 2: Are are lifts.
Speaker 1: They did get out of their fast well actually.
Speaker 3: It wasn't that fast. The just weren't there or anywhere inside.
Speaker 1: However, let me bring up the update on this story since it's been kind of an interesting one to follow because we had some people who are arrested in the Paris museum theft story over the weekend and this story from the Associated presses. Two suspects were arrested in connection with the theft of the Crown Jewels from the Louver Museum in Paris, a justice and police officials said yesterday, and there was a massive man hunt going down. The Paris prosecutor said investigators made the arrest on Saturday evening. One of the men who was taken into custody was preparing to leave the country from Paris's airport. And some of the stories give a few extra details on this. The two people that they arrested, one of them was identified through DNA tracing, and I think they believe they have the other one on security footage. But one of them was at the airport and trying to get to Mollie, which is in Africa, obviously, and the other one was trying to get to a lot of the stories aren't mentioning this. The other one was trying to get to Algeria, I believe, which is also in Africa.
Speaker 2: So they do appear to both be.
Speaker 1: As I told you off the jump, these African migrants who are all.
Speaker 6: Over Paris and plated news Africa's about to open a really awesome museum that has very rare jewels.
Speaker 1: Well, that doesn't mean these people still have these jewels on them. That's another thing, Like they might have already ditched this stuff. They might have gotten rid of it really fast. That just means they got the two people that they think were involved in the robbery. And there was some reporting over the weekend that said they were working with an insider.
Speaker 3: I mean that makes.
Speaker 1: Sense at the museum, which which adds up somebody had to, like.
Speaker 6: Someone funded this at the very least of the best.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't think that's super expensive when you're funding the rob of one hundred million dollars worth of stuff. But I do think they probably couldn't have pulled this off if they just had like basic knowledge from a visitor to the museum.
Speaker 3: I really think I.
Speaker 1: Think I think they most must have known more and that's what they were suggesting. So let me see if I can bring that up. Love insider. Yeah, there was somebody that they or that they said possibly was working with them. Louver hest being investigated as an inside job, with a security guard in particular being eyed for this.
Speaker 2: This says sources close to the.
Speaker 1: Investigation claim digital forensic evidence shows a member of security was in contact with these people before the heist, with the individuals they think were responsible. There's digital forensic evidence that shows there was cooperation with one of the museum's security guards and the thieves.
Speaker 3: Look at this, look at this.
Speaker 1: So that's what was going on with the Louver robbery story, and now they have at least two people in custody so far.
Speaker 4: Do you think this, this correspondence with the security guard was just that or did the security guard like leave something unlocked or do anything because they threatened For all we yeah, that's another thing, but for all we know, it seemed like this was very easy for them to do. Yeah, that was what was aiming, a very irresponsible, embarrassing picture for the people.
Speaker 2: Of the Louver.
Speaker 1: For those of you who don't know, they literally went to the world's most famous museum with some of the most valuable things in the world. They went up on what they call a scissor lift to get them to the second floor or so. They went into a window, and then they went directly to where these jewels were.
Speaker 4: And then cut open the display cases with angle grinders.
Speaker 1: They used an angle grinder to cut them open and remove these jewels, and then they very slowly went back down on the thing that they used to get up to the second floor. No cops anywhere in sight. We started this show. Compare this. We started this show with this guy who was on the streets flirting with some women, recording himself, and then gunshots rang out in the background, and within I don't think I'm exaggerating if I say twenty to thirty seconds you heard sirens, sirens, He saw the emergency vehicles going to the scene just within thirty seconds of when the gunshots happened. In this case, there were minutes and minutes and minutes that I think it was like five minutes or something that passed in total. And when they went down the scissor lift to escape with one hundred million dollars in jewels, there were no cop.
Speaker 3: Now, I mean this has been covered.
Speaker 6: Probably a handful of times in film of Robbing that museum in particular, and the lengths and the meetings ahead of time, and the practice or the super awesome spy equipment that was used.
Speaker 3: And it turns out was the seas the whole time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a lot easier than in the movies. Finally, in Jury Duty time, the movie Long Enough Man.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Paris, ten people are going on trial in Paris as of today for sexist cyber harassment of Bridget Macrone, the first Lady of France. This is the whole movement where they try to say that she's well, do they say she's trans or a man? I think they should just say she's a man. I think they're claiming that they the first lady of France.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in America she's the most prominent person. These are people who are from France. Ten of them, eight men and two women, aged forty one to sixty.
Speaker 3: For they're all adults, they're grown ass people. They're in their forties forties. This is where we like to spend our money.
Speaker 2: All.
Speaker 1: They will be tried in a Paris criminal court accused of cyber harassment targeting Bridge of a crone. They face up to two years in prison. Here's the crazy part. Okay, they said in this courtroom that they plan to present all sorts of evidence that she is a woman, a biological woman.
Speaker 3: So bad for her at this point, it's like, let it go.
Speaker 2: Well, she's finally just over it and suing them.
Speaker 1: Like the equivalent of this would be there's stuff like this about Michelle Obama that's always tossed around.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to see what they said there.
Speaker 1: They talk about the US lawsuit against Candice Owens, which I still believe they're definitely gonna win. But they were saying she was going to prove scientifically in the courtroom that she's a woman.
Speaker 4: I guess it would be a real, real record scratch moment if she did get in the courtroom and said, guys, enough is enough and took out her penis.
Speaker 1: It would really backfire against the case if that happened. But I think she just slides over a couple. Hey, here's the XX chromosomes. Hey, you could do an X ray of somebody's body and tell if that person is a man or a woman and did this stuff should be pretty easy. I think she's got I don't know about the criminality of it, but like certainly in the US, I think she's got a good civil case. We'll see what happens on both those fronts. We'll keep an eye on it when we return that you. I got more of your feedback. Your dispatch is queued up and ready to go. This mother that got a letter from the dentist's office that she's freaking out about should she be well, we'll find out together.
Speaker 4: And a young man with a stunning invention. But is it really all it's cracked up to be.
Speaker 1: We'll find out together, because that's all coming up next in the news, chunk Keye. I love to hear from you if you said an email, even off hours, you know, say like where you're from, and how long you've been listening to the show. All those things are very very nice to hear, and I love when you check in with us. So we'll get to a few more dispatches here momentarily. But I wanted to share this to tell everybody this story, and you could tell me if you think this is fair or not.
Speaker 4: There's a woman who is getting a ton of attention in the news so far this week.
Speaker 1: And she has said that she got a very mean letter from her dentists. The dentist wrote a bit of a mean letter to her. I'm going to pull up the letter here so we can read it together, and then you guys can tell me what you think about it.
Speaker 6: Not something like you know this is going out to all of our notes.
Speaker 1: No, like it literally starts out with dear Taylor. This is specifically for this one person here who the dentist's office wrote this to, and it says, Dear Taylor, we truly enjoy having you as part of our dental family, and we are committed to making your visits as comfortable and positive as possible. Good start, I feel like there's a butt coming. Well, there is. We understand it could be challenging to arrange child's care, and we appreciate that you bring your children with you when you need to. All right, you can see where this is starting to go.
Speaker 4: However, we've noticed that during some recent visits, the noise and activity and the reception and treatment areas have made it difficult for our team to provide the best care, not only for you, but also for other patients who may be feeling anxious or undergoing procedures that require quiet concentration.
Speaker 2: Now I have a question here.
Speaker 1: Is this always the way it's been, because I do feel that, like in the dentist's office, I feel like it's not appropriate for your kids to be screaming and screwing around because some people are really like on edge about their appointment. It's kind of a quiet place. It's kind of like a chill, quiet place, more so than any other doctor waiting room.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for the most part, you just hear the drills.
Speaker 2: M M. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was you, and on the other side of the wall, I guess they're hearing this lady's kids who are screaming. So they said, we want the people to be comfortable who may be feeling anxious or undergoing procedures that require quiet concentration.
Speaker 2: Also the dentists doing the work.
Speaker 1: To ensure the best experience for you and everyone in our office, we kindly ask that future appointments be scheduled at times when your children can be supervised elsewhere, or that another responsible adult accompany them. This will help us focus fully on your treatment and maintain a calm, safe environment for all of our patients. We appreciate you understanding, and we appreciate your cooperation. We truly value your continued trust in our care. If you need help finding an appointment time that works with your schedule, we're happy to resist assist warm regard, says the dentist's office to this mother.
Speaker 4: But I blurred the dentist office then, yeah, they blurred that part. We really just want to start a discussion. They're not really trying to shame the dentist's office at the moment.
Speaker 2: It seems the.
Speaker 4: Dentist's office said this as kindly as they possibly could have. Yeah, I mean, I don't like, I don't think that they were really aggressive.
Speaker 1: She says, I'm so embarrassed. But for what, Like you're embarrassed. Yeah, they sent it to you in particular. They also, you know, they did, like, with all due respect, as many times as they possibly could in that is.
Speaker 6: The one time thing, or argue me for the if I missed the part in the letter that's like this is the third or fourth time you've needed work.
Speaker 3: They made it clear that this is not a one off.
Speaker 2: I believe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me see if I can find that particular part. It says we've noticed that during some recent visits, so it's like applying, you know, more than one time. The noise and activity both in the reception room and the treatment areas have made it difficult for our team to provide the best care. And I guess she was really upset about this. She's like, they embarrassed me. I don't think I can go back.
Speaker 3: I mean I I'd be like this.
Speaker 1: This is how it goes if you have a lot of kids, and she does the kids?
Speaker 2: Get this ready? Where was this hang on? Okay?
Speaker 4: Her kids are seven, five, four, and three, which yucks. Wow, that's a lot.
Speaker 1: Of juggling you got going on there. Seven five, four, and three are her kids. She's thirty two years old. She's got four children, and she said they're like energetic, and you know they they get into some trouble when they go to this place.
Speaker 2: I can understand why you might feel that way.
Speaker 1: You might feel a little upset, but I really do think that was a nice letter from the dentist office. And at the end of the day, like most issues, you have to realize that just like you can feel free to go to another dentist office where maybe they will accept this kind of behavior, you should also understand that you know your dentist's office has the right to be more a particular in who they want to go there for their services and care. Yeah, there's more than just you. They're not a daycare, and there's more people than just you. And and if somebody's like anxious and going in there to get their molders removed, there's something or whatever. I would understand that they were bothered by your kids screaming at the top of their lungs.
Speaker 2: It's not professional, especially.
Speaker 4: Since I would assume that this is a dentist office that is for adults. I mean, I might think a little bit differently. I still think they were as nice as possible about this, and they're not in the wrong here, but I might feel a little bit differently about the mother's actions if this were like she's taking the seven year old to the dentists and the six, five, three whatever, the other three were up a little bit, but there's other children around. Yeah, like it's a kid's dentist's office.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I remember going to that.
Speaker 1: Kind of place, and it would be a little louder, and they have toys and stuff.
Speaker 2: Somebody says man kicking on twitches.
Speaker 1: She sounds like a normal, self absorbed millennial four kids, says Zach. She probably just got her snap cut off and the kids are starving. Now weaving two together. The coming from Barbara on YouTube says the dentists took the high road. People let their children recavoc without any regard to anybody around them.
Speaker 3: Barbara is hitting the nail on the head for me.
Speaker 1: And the idea is, while I think it's great that you have kids and you bring them around with you, every environment is not.
Speaker 2: Going to be accommodating for you.
Speaker 1: There are some places where it's going to be inappropriate, and I know that childcare is expensive and there are other issues. But you can't just be like, I'm chaos in the world and you the world have to deal with all of my chaos no matter what. And there are a lot of really entitled people who do this. They just go, yeah, so what deal with it? You know, like life is hard. No, there are rules, and if a dentist's office has these rules, then you can either listen to them or find another dentist office that has different rules. It's pretty cut and dry to me, But tell us what you think. Send your dispatches over at thenewsjunkie dot com. Right now, let's see what we got. We got time for one or two of these. Here's the Lovely Lolita with a tip for Halloween. All right, I will take some Halloween tips here. Just listen in junkies.
Speaker 15: Just wanted to give you a little tip on something I like to do on Halloween. I always keep little packets, individual packets of goldfish crackers for the little little ones, for the ones in strollers toddlers that are barely walking and shouldn't be eating things like Skittles or snicker bars. So always keep something on hand for the little babies.
Speaker 2: Thinks that's a good idea. Actually, I don't even think about that.
Speaker 3: Those mini bottles of dymism.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna be good. No, no, no, no.
Speaker 4: The size makes sense, I agree with you, size wise. It's like a little kid's shoe, a little kid's bottle.
Speaker 1: It makes sense. But parents are not forgiving on that front. The alcohol with the babies.
Speaker 4: Although I would like to have slipped a little Jackson a little bit of alcohol for his birthday and he's running around causing chaos in the world.
Speaker 2: But I mean, if there was access to alcohol at his.
Speaker 1: Birthday, Yeah, I can't get enough.
Speaker 2: I love watching This.
Speaker 1: Is gonna sound so weird. Give me a second, folks, all right, give me a second before you like clip me out of context and make me sound weird. I find watching kids around Jackson's age to be thoroughly interesting because you get to see them and I watched Jackson do this a bunch on Saturday. You get to watch them interacting with the world through a brain that's just developing. And he was so smart about certain stuff. I was sitting there, I was telling the sea Land. I'm just watching him go up to the cooler, understand how the cooler works, understand how he can open it, reach in, understand that there's a juice box in there, grab the juice box, and try to drink out of the juice box. Like they're putting so much stuff together. I find it, like it's incredible, and it's still a little frustrating.
Speaker 4: You would probably say, he's a really big fan of your Mickey Mouse tattoo.
Speaker 1: It's not necessarily a Maiking bounce tattoo, but he thought it was.
Speaker 2: He pointed at my tattoo.
Speaker 3: He's like, make him out, make him me mac. I thought about popping his his what's it called, what's the jump room?
Speaker 2: The bounce house? Is bounce house.
Speaker 3: Oh, I thought about it.
Speaker 4: It actually did start to somebody unplugged it or something before you got there, and it started to go a little limp at one point.
Speaker 2: A bounce house in the backyard.
Speaker 3: Adults, which is also terrifying.
Speaker 6: I've been to many of bounce house parties growing up, and when that thing goes down and you're not outside of it, you get trapped in what you think is your death of Yeah, and it's not until someone plugs it back in.
Speaker 3: But you'll never get into a bounce house again. If you're in that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it'll get you out.
Speaker 4: I think I'll never get into abounds house a getting period.
Speaker 3: I'm allowed, I'm not allowed. I mean I saw some things at your house.
Speaker 1: I was like, I want, I want to try to do this tree swing, but I don't think that's a good idea tree swing.
Speaker 4: It's I've been on it. It's rated for a lot of pounded, so that's that sounds weird.
Speaker 2: It's rating for a lot of weight.
Speaker 1: I mean, I understand what you were saying either way, but let's see here. What do we got Here is another dispatch from Megan.
Speaker 2: She's talking about driving.
Speaker 3: Hey, junkies, you want to hear something crazy.
Speaker 5: I attended elementary school, middle school, and high school, all in Seminal County. My kindergarten year, my teacher was pregnant. She had stuck on the railroad tracks in Altamont. Unfortunately, she wasn't able to get out of the way in time and heard her on born baby.
Speaker 9: Lost their lives.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, aask for how.
Speaker 5: Many years till my senior year of high school when I decided I needed a half a c. So why not take the easiest course out there, which is driver's head.
Speaker 3: Well, they're teaching us about the importance of not on railroad tracks.
Speaker 5: Am Ironically, the teacher I had finds the news clipping that aired on TV that happened to be about my kindergarten teacher losing her life on the trade.
Speaker 3: Oh god, what.
Speaker 9: Are the odds?
Speaker 4: Right, have a great Monday.
Speaker 3: Wigglego pop pop gez wow.
Speaker 1: So the example they were giving on why you should pay attention to.
Speaker 3: The train trails was the examples.
Speaker 1: Yeah, happened to be the person that she knew that died that way. Unbelievable. I don't even remember learning about that side of things. I literally just remember getting a little green book, and the book had everything that I was supposed to learn for the test, and then I would go and take the test.
Speaker 2: And I failed the.
Speaker 4: Test the first time, and I was so mad because I wanted to get my driver's license the.
Speaker 2: Same day and I couldn't.
Speaker 1: I was using my mom's eighty nine Dodge Caravan, and I'd never driven a vehicle that large, and I couldn't pass the driving test with it.
Speaker 2: It was not a good time. I guess I must have.
Speaker 1: I think I must have passed the learner's permit first, and that, like the second one was the one where I had to drive.
Speaker 4: Yeah, learner's permit was all well, they say written, but it was all on the computer.
Speaker 2: And then the one where you actually drove.
Speaker 4: That was the one where we thought it would be a better idea to use my dad's car because it was a little nicer and it was an automatic. My mom had a stick shift, and it was like, you know, what's that's one more hurdle if I if I happen to stall out on the driving test, would be quite embarrassing. Yeah, But then she started asking me stuff that I didn't really know because I hadn't driven my dad's car that many times.
Speaker 2: So it was like, I'm not sure where the wipe person. You gotta figure that out before man.
Speaker 1: But the thing that's kinda wild to me is I always watching TV and movies that you went out on the actual roads for that. But I know that they really, Oh you did, I went on actual roads.
Speaker 4: I think there were there were really there were pieces of the driving test, like parallel parking. I don't even know if we did parallel parking. There were pieces of the driving tests that were on a closed course. But then there are also parts of it where she's like, all right, pull out of this parking lot and take a left at the corner.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: We drove around a little bit and then came back into the other stuff.
Speaker 1: We had a little course, like a course out behind the DMV plays and there was like a cone set up and all of that stuff. We used to do it out there. But I never had the story about the train crash thing. Unfortunately, Sorry that happened to you.
Speaker 4: I think I think they do the course because it's like, hey, if you screw up the parallel parking, we need you to hit a cone and not a car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's probably better.
Speaker 1: I could see that adding up. Let's see what else we have here, A couple of things to get through. I want to show you this hang on and over here here is goes in. You talking about water, we'll listen in.
Speaker 2: Hello, hey, junkies.
Speaker 19: Hey, let's just put it out there in construction all over central Florida. And it wasn't amount the amount of the rain. Again, we have to think about all these new communities that are going in. They're tying into existing sewer lines, and the infrastructure does not hold.
Speaker 1: Up you saying it wasn't the rain that so, yeah, it rained a little bit, I get it. But it has to do with the infrastructure, because, like I said, they're trying in all these branded communities to go into existing sewers.
Speaker 2: So that's the main culprit on this whole thing. Maybe that.
Speaker 1: The bigger issue I think is just when you get two feet of rain or close to it in a couple of hours, most places are gonna flood. It's just it almost doesn't matter where you are, it's the system can't handle that. In general, if that happened in New York City, chaos, gridlock. If there was two feet of rain in a matter of hours, And I don't know, like sometimes there was minor flooding issues like local eyes to neighborhoods where there's houses that were built up and the infrastructure isn't ready for it around it. But I think more so the caser would probably just be that so much rain so fast, like most places just aren't going to handle that well. But let us know what you think. Send us a dispatch over on the news junkie dot com. All right, there's a young kid who just got an award. Twenty five thousand dollars is what he got. They called him America's top young scientists. This California eighth grader got the twenty five thousand dollar prize and he developed something called fall Guard. That's what he calls this, and he says it's a camera based monitoring system that uses an algorithm he programmed himself, this eighth grader, to spot falls and alert caregivers after his own grandmother suffered a fall that went unnoticed, causing permanent brain damage. So it sounds like this kid invented a life alert, but he invented his own. And you don't have to wear anything. I thought, doesn't Alexa have something like that built in, isn't there?
Speaker 6: Like aid, did you get the update? Because if not, I don't quite understand that. Did you need the weather?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't even talk about that.
Speaker 4: Okay, she's talking about the Alexa Plus or whatever the new I know that the Apple Watch has that, but I guess he's trying to avoid something you have to wear Apple makes sense.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's a lot of who was it?
Speaker 6: Maybe it was my own grandmother, but falling in the bat it was my grandma fell in the bathroom, like and that was her preparing to get in the shower, not and it wasn't an Apple Watch, but it was the clicker that she would wear everywhere else around the house life alert thing, but didn't have it then and was on the ground for like four hours until somebody went to check on hers.
Speaker 1: What can you if you have a smart speaker, if you said, if you screamed out, like let's say you fell in your house and you broke your leg, if you screamed out, hey, blank device, I'm on the floor, call the emergency authorities right now.
Speaker 2: I need help. It would do that, right.
Speaker 4: I think they're they have the option. I don't know if it's all enabled by default, it should be I.
Speaker 1: Think, but I have to sit on the ground and like negotiate with my smart speaker to set this.
Speaker 4: Up, Like please just help me out, God, I mean, take the smart speaker out of it. If you just have like your phone, you should be able to call out to whatever the entity is on your phone that does stuff for you. And in the case of our phones, it would be a serie and say, hey, call him.
Speaker 2: Nine to one one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you can do that, or you can get this kid's fall guard. He got twenty five thousand dollars for the invention. And this is the perfect like snapshot of a thirteen year old's mind. He's working to keep his device free or at least on the cheaper side for anyone who needs its.
Speaker 3: Eighteen and that'll be three ninety nine. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait till you put a couple more years work into this. Oh is this him real quick?
Speaker 2: I won't.
Speaker 1: I want to take long of this, I see because I think this is him.
Speaker 3: Like my grandma fell in his kitchen, all right, we still haven't ready to which left her with permanent brain damages.
Speaker 2: Brain damages.
Speaker 3: After doing some research, I found that over six hundred thousand people die each year from these faults. So many of those lives could have been saved if help came a little sooner. That's why I invented val Guard, which is a real time for At the heart of Voguard is a custom algorithm using AI and computers.
Speaker 1: Did you actually build this, little guy? These are just like pictures and stuff I want to see. There is a shark tank, buddy, This.
Speaker 3: Is a science fair. Okay, it looks like it actually.
Speaker 4: Does detect people and then can tell if they're like in a position where they're.
Speaker 3: On the ground or not.
Speaker 1: This is pretty smart. Yeah, I mean that's fairly impressive. So it's any by. Yeah, and the camera set up that he's working on, all right, let us know what you think.
Speaker 2: We'll uh, we'll.
Speaker 1: Send that through over on the news Junkie dot com. If you have any issues when we come back, we'll get to you and your feedback. We'll get to some crying during sports, and we'll get to the most shocking thing I've.
Speaker 2: Seen about Halloween so far?
Speaker 1: What is it that is coming up next on the News Chunkie. Everything that goes viral and it turns into a thing in the overall culture, it has a start point and an end point, and the end point is usually in my experience, when parents start saying stuff, or like, your aunt starts doing whatever the trend is, and I.
Speaker 2: See it on your laptop, but I already knew what this was about. Yeah, you knew what was coming.
Speaker 1: Parents dressing up as six seven for Halloween costumes, and all of the kids who have been doing this stupid thing where they just say six seven sixty seven, six seven sixty seven, probably understanding that it's about over, that it's the.
Speaker 3: VI we know what I think, we're looking at two heroes right now.
Speaker 1: Really, they were willing to step up and sacrifice to make sure that enough.
Speaker 3: Kids were like, ah, now, mind you.
Speaker 6: It's still gonna be very annoying for the teenagers that were using the lingo, and then the small amount of I don't know, elder millennials and adults who know what it actually means, because all I'm seeing is we don't know what it means.
Speaker 3: But the kids were saying it, yeah, six, what do you mean six or seven? White claws?
Speaker 6: And then it's over. It's dying, a very slow death, but a death. Nonetheless, this is the death.
Speaker 2: This is what we're seeing right here, parents dressing up?
Speaker 12: Is this?
Speaker 1: I saw another story where I was like, oh, this is getting so cringe. It's going to kill it for the kids. I'll bring up the story that I was looking at you.
Speaker 4: I just sent you a video that I saw had been getting some traction over the weekend. Uh, And it was Jimmy Fallon did a bit in his monologue where they were highlight he no, no, no, he highlighted a bunch of news anchors and different like variety show programs where the adults we're trying to get on the six seven thing.
Speaker 2: And at the end he's just like, it's over, it's done. This is dead. Yeah, it's in your Gmail if you want to take a look.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll check it out a second. The story I was talking about says.
Speaker 4: Why are kids in California having the best time screaming six to seven? And there's they did you guys a nine minute and forty eight second report on local news nine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is like kids are having the best time screaming six to seven. You're like, okay, this is about dead. We're killing it for the kids. What I sent you will just confirm that it is in fact deceased. Here it is let me see here.
Speaker 3: Six to seven trend.
Speaker 1: That's everywhere right now, And it looks like even news anchors are starting to get in on the action.
Speaker 2: Watch this.
Speaker 3: You know, all the kids are doing the six seven.
Speaker 7: Six seven six seven.
Speaker 1: It's over seven six seven six seven six seven.
Speaker 3: I still don't understand seven and it's over. Yeah, right, I think it's right. When do you see that?
Speaker 1: Like you were doing this fun bit in your school and your teacher was getting mad about it, and well that's what.
Speaker 6: You get for having so many phrases. Okay, for their age, it was a handful of stuff. But it's like every two to three weeks there's a new thing that we don't know what it's about.
Speaker 3: It to the face.
Speaker 4: And I saw a lot of posts over the weekend that we're coming sort of to the defense not completely of six seven, but just saying like, hey, our thing was possibly worse. You just don't remember it because you were into it when we did it, like we used to say boo yah.
Speaker 3: We said yah for like four years.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, guess what if you went home and your your dad was like boo yeah.
Speaker 3: Seeland did you have a good day?
Speaker 1: You probably stop doing it immediately. Yeah, go, I can't do that anymore.
Speaker 2: That's bad.
Speaker 1: I can't be a part of this, and I wouldn't blame you. It's cringe and I think Jimmy Fallop is right on top of it there. At least that's what it looks like. Let's see what else do we have here before we start to wrap everything up for the day we got. We're gonna fall back on our clocks very soon, which is kind of a weird time because I think Europe just did it.
Speaker 2: So now we have like a weird time where we're.
Speaker 1: Out of sink with a bunch of Europe because they were falling back earlier than we are, and we don't fall back into what November is something I don't know exactly what the day is. It's a Sunday. On Sunday, we fall back on o'clock. So if you are planning on like flying over to Europe at all in the next couple of days, just know that's gonna throw off a lot of weird scheduling things. It's just a strange little thing that happens this time of year. Also, and the last thing order to mention. Right now, they are talking about a big change and it would affect a lot of us, a lot of us, and I want to know if people would hate this or not. Because Apple has made it official, they are suggesting that they're going to start with ads and Apple Maps as of twenty twenty six define ads.
Speaker 2: Though there's one way.
Speaker 3: That this can be done where it's moving to turn right unless you watch this thirty second ad.
Speaker 1: That would restaurants and businesses will be able to pay Apple to have their locations featured more prominently in maps. The company company will also leverage AI to make sure the results remain relevant. So you're cruising along and looking at the map on your dashboard or your car, and you'll see like a big version of a restaurant or a business that will be popped out because that business has paid to advertise on Apple Maps. Uh and Google has talked about doing this as well, in an effort to monetize the iOS that they both spent so much money making.
Speaker 2: But I think they have to.
Speaker 1: They do on Google Search, they'll tell you, like you know, this is a sponsored section here, even though they try to get tricky with you, but in this case they're going to put it right on the maps, and these companies and restaurants businesses all will have ads on your display, which is probably just the inevitable. Anyhow, we'll see what you think about that. Send us a dispatch as we wrap things up with the final dispatches stories that didn't make the cut. Yes, that's right, friends, the stories that didn't make the cut, and today learned to wrap everything up for a Monday.
Speaker 2: All of that is coming up next on the news Chunkie.
Speaker 4: The roast of Sean Watson hate saying that because that's my name, but it is going to be a blast.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be hilarious. Event.
Speaker 3: Got everything ready to go for you.
Speaker 1: Now We've got a couple of days and I'm not going to be doing any of the side videos that I do this week because I got a solely just right right right right, right right right.
Speaker 2: I mean, I got like a good start.
Speaker 1: But starting today, after this is all wrapped up, I really got to get intents on that because the clock is ticking. Man, it's happening already. Josh is like, oh, I'm all set. I got like ten minutes ready to go, polished ready. He did leave like his Google docs page up the other day.
Speaker 2: I didn't read anything.
Speaker 4: I'm not trying to you know, cheat or do anything nefarious. I just was a little blown away by how much content was there.
Speaker 3: Oh no, did you see anything?
Speaker 2: Because you see names?
Speaker 3: What did you what did you notice?
Speaker 4: It was like sectioned off and they were you know, headers, but it was like for one page there was only two headers, and I'm assuming those were names. I'm like, and then he's just got you know, bullet points of jokes that he's written, and I'm like, oh, so.
Speaker 1: Noted, noted Abraham Dragon Francis. Somebody's gonna cry at the roast. I can feel it. How long is the roasting set for everybody? Well, it's it's like ten twelve minutes for the main people, and then there's other people who are like intro people, and then there's like featured guests, and there's like there's gonna be a lot of surprises in twists and turns throughout the night, which is gonna make everything really really fun. But it'll go as long as it needs to. If somebody's falling flat, then you know you'll hook them. But I don't think that anybody's going to I think this is gonna be tuned in and really really funny. So it's gonna be doing We.
Speaker 2: Don't do that.
Speaker 1: Phil's got his stuff. He doesn't have to do too much time, he's got his stuff written. He's ready to go. I think I'll have to check. He's just now able to eat solid foods again.
Speaker 3: So bring the teeth with you, Dylan. If things start to fall flat, just throw the teeth. It wants the price.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just shake them around in a baggie or something, get a magnet or something. If you just take your teeth and start grenading them raw dog out into the audience.
Speaker 3: You'll that it was my plan and I didn't give them a wiz tee though.
Speaker 2: You'll get some attention that way.
Speaker 3: Gonna smile to that bad boy.
Speaker 1: All right, let's see what we got here. Emails, We've got to do enough of those today. Let's do our final dispatches. In fact, there's even a song for this.
Speaker 2: It's right here.
Speaker 1: These are the final dispatches, but Sean will probably only play one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's see what we got.
Speaker 1: Many of you joining us today with passionate thoughts and some good some bad. This is somebody talking about the teacher that got hit by the train.
Speaker 3: I guess, hey, junkies is etchy.
Speaker 7: I was just calling because I absolutely had to mention I not only had that same teacher, but I actually know exactly who it is that called in.
Speaker 3: She used to kick me under the table in kindergarten.
Speaker 2: It really made me mad.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, it took you a long time to reconnect here, but nobody else had that teacher too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's I mean, that's something you would remember. I guess here's Tuck Frump talking about food stamps.
Speaker 20: The first job I ever had when I was in high school was working at a Northeastern grocery chain called Seatown. Far cry from public. Seatown made food line look like a Publix, if I'm being honest with you. Anyway, We'd have crackheads who would hang out at the end of each register. Groceries were packed, and they would offer to use their food stamps to pay for people's groceries and then take cash as a discount. So, for example, they'd say, I'll buy fifty dollars worth of your groceries if you give me thirty dollars in cash, and sure, then go out and buy crap and smoke crap.
Speaker 2: Sure, I think so. I think.
Speaker 1: The thing that I will reiterate that most people don't know is that there are forty million people get these benefits of some type. Whether it's a couple hundred dollars a month, one hundred and fifty dollars a month, or whether it's like with the Max Benefit, whatever that is. There are forty million people in the United States who get these kind of snap benefits that won't as of November first, until the folks in Washington can sort this out. And I don't know how long that'll go on for. And I'm not going to argue with you over who they're gonna blame. We'll see, we'll see who this works out for.
Speaker 4: It sounds like what kids used to do with if their parents gave them a gas card. We're not going to give you a credit card or anything, but we're gonna give you a gas card just so you can.
Speaker 2: Pay for gas.
Speaker 6: Yeah, who wants an Arizona iced tea? All fifteen of you, let's go because you.
Speaker 3: Can use it inside. And I well, thank you, Tuck, appreciate that we've got time for one more. Let's work in.
Speaker 2: This one is.
Speaker 17: Laying down the law who News Junkie Happy Monday Tuesday, you too, to task Sea Lane. Where do you put your pumpkins outside? Because every time we put pumpkins outside, the squirrels start to gnaw on them and then they rat faster because the rhine's been breached, but squirrels like them. Happy Halloween to all those.
Speaker 4: We had a variety of pumpkins on our front porch, just kind of decorative. There's a little bay of hail that some of them were sitting on, and uh, we have plenty of squirrels, but I hadn't had that be a problem yet.
Speaker 2: Oh it smelled so bad.
Speaker 1: It's weird because when you get into a pumpkin, there's not like, it doesn't seem like something that would smell that bad when it goes rotten. But it does when it goes When we had somebody drop off, they made a news junkie pumpkin. A couple of people have done this over the years, and we set it up by ce Lane's desk, and we've talked about this previously, but for those of you who are new, it was just up there and everybody's like, oh cool, the news junkie pumpkin would stop by, and we didn't take it down until some point in November, and it was possibly December.
Speaker 3: You get you could punch through it like you could have just it was if they were not like, hey we got some you know, we got to clean up.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think there was like a boss visiting or something, and there was some reason to do that.
Speaker 1: It used to be that the bosses would come into town, like people from New York City would come in from my Heart Media and they go, cee ln, we need to get rid of this, and you need to hide the bar that's on your desk, and we need to get.
Speaker 2: Rid of this, and.
Speaker 4: Yeah, those those days are gone. Okay, all the stories made the cut. Some guy cried on ESPN, we don't really care about I say.
Speaker 3: Bay of Hail, and we understood the weather was so bad last night though that it could have been either.
Speaker 2: You never know, but I do know this. It's time to get the hell out of here. Let's do today.
Speaker 4: I learned the following information may make you feel smarter, but will not actually really increase your IQ.
Speaker 1: So don't get cocky.
Speaker 17: How it's done.
Speaker 2: What we call today.
Speaker 1: It is Taylor for a Monday, October twenty seventh, twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: This show right here, Rott Terry Show.
Speaker 1: That's right Drew Carrey's show from way back in the day, which I only slightly remember, but I do remember it a bit. Drew Carey was fired from his role as a spokesperson from an W Canada and he worked for them back in nineteen ninety eight. Why an episode of The Drew Carey Show depicting him eating out at a McDonald's and that was in violation of his contract even though it was his fictional character that was eating in the thing, he wasn't allowed to do that. He ended up getting fired today, and donkey basketball ever played?
Speaker 17: This?
Speaker 1: Donkey basketball is a variation of the standard basketball game play on a standard basketball court, but in which the players ride donkeys, as you might imagine.
Speaker 3: I'm in now.
Speaker 2: How do you find a basketball court?
Speaker 1: Will they where they will allow you to play donkey basketball? I do not know?
Speaker 3: But donkey rental or do you have to own the donks?
Speaker 2: Find an arena that doesn't have a whole lot going on.
Speaker 4: My interest is peaked, but I don't know if we'll be able to figure it out today.
Speaker 3: Learn this, Lady, ride here?
Speaker 10: Done?
Speaker 3: Jack not Brunette. Blondie is correct.
Speaker 1: Technically, Blondie goes down as the first white rapper to hit the Billboard Hot one hundred because one of her songs was deemed a rap song at the time. The second white rapper to hit the.
Speaker 4: Charts Rodney Dangerfield, of course, famed rapper extraordinaire.
Speaker 2: Who doesn't They really did not want to pay attention to rap music. No, not for a while, I don't think.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much racking out with us.
Speaker 2: We do appreciate it.
Speaker 1: We'll be back tomorrow, same time, same place. By sending the show, get the podcast at the news junkie dot com, we'll see it tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Everybody