Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on AM five to seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio While friend.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city. No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadacres terrible person, He's the worst, and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 2: The pipes, the pipes, the pie. Don't miss an episode. We're with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow the Petros in Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadacus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Bodily Vigor is good and Vigor of intellect is even better, but far above its character.
Speaker 2: Got us trust some.
Speaker 4: Money M five to seventy LA Sports. We are live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. We are going until six o'clock tonight. We got Clippers basketball against the Kings, the new look Clippers after trading away James Harden and our man Zoops. Darius Garland is still missing a toe or three, so he's not going to be out there. And the Matherine guy, that's very exciting. You'll hear from him Benedict Mathern, the standout freshman at Arizona before he was selected in the lottery by the Pacers. He's a new Clipper. Isaiah Jackson's a new clipper. So you had all that to look forward to with Adam Ouslin tonight on the pregame at six, and make sure you dig into Clippers talk and one of his many videos that he has posted at the trade deadline is the Clippers were incredibly active. So it is can't miss radio coming up at six tonight.
Speaker 5: You know what's interesting as Colin Yee is here and he's an up and coming young broadcaster. Same thing you could have said for you know, fully functional employee Adam a long time ago.
Speaker 4: Certainly, Colin, how.
Speaker 5: Come you don't ever like you're working the Dodgers all day and night. How Come you don't do like a bunch of Dodger videos to try to capitalize on the Dodgers' popularity when you're in the Dodger studio, you know, after let's say, you know, Miggi Rojas or somebody makes a big hit or big play, you know, sometime in mid May.
Speaker 2: How come you don't take advantage of that?
Speaker 6: I mean, I think David Vasse has you know, he has that covered.
Speaker 2: But what if he's on a plane.
Speaker 6: Well, then Tim Kats is here, right, there's DV there's Kates. I don't want to be stepping on their toes.
Speaker 2: Well you would.
Speaker 4: What if you it's your own thing, though, Colin?
Speaker 6: If I just hopped on and did my own Dodger podcast, Well, first of all, people will call me a fraud because I'm a Giants fan. Oh, you know, there'd be a lot of fraud talk, like get off, get off you know, YouTube or whatever you're streaming on because we don't want you here because you're a Giants fan.
Speaker 2: Right, you know.
Speaker 6: There would be a lot of.
Speaker 4: Fo still in your heart though. But it does feel like, after all these years of being the engineer of the Dodger broadcast, that you do have a bit of Dodger fandom now in your heart.
Speaker 6: I would say, I respect them. There's a healthy before you didn't you?
Speaker 2: You don't waver much, though? Do you wish I could.
Speaker 7: That?
Speaker 6: Every time?
Speaker 5: I wish you could waiver, Try for that everything I wish you think it would make it easier for you if you did waiver.
Speaker 6: No, I you know, especially when it comes to fandom. I like to stay solid as a rock, solid, solid solid.
Speaker 2: So all right, fair enough. We have Alan Sleiewah is gonna join us later.
Speaker 5: He's not a fan, he's a straight up NBA insider reporter type and he will talk about the latest with the Lakers and Luke.
Speaker 2: Canye from Deep Canude.
Speaker 5: So we're looking forward to talking to Sleewah and we will talk to our own David Vassa because the Dodgers did make some moves. They brought rart Vet back and as he was put on waivers by Cincinnati and the Petros and money curse strikes again.
Speaker 4: Anthony Bonda, Yeah, he designated for assignment, diffid. It's unfortunate. We had a great time with him inside the locker room. We drank some beers together. He engaged with the fans. A lot of ladies wanted to nestle up inside his armpit there and snap some photos, and he was accommodating to all of them. Now he has been designated for assignment. Now you know, maybe he hops to another team, Maybe nobody wants to take him on, and he's back with the Dodgers. Maybe he's upset that he was dfaight after you know, two years ago being a big part of their World Series run. Wasn't a great year for him this year, but things happen bounce back. Now they've used him a lot, so they have Yeah, right, he's an Indians. Ea, we may never see Bonda again. We may yeah, bummer, we may have him back. Who's to say.
Speaker 5: But that was the Bonda story and roart vet So we will have all of the latest on that with David Vase and he'll wrap up a very exciting week in David Vass's life as he is right on the precipice of going back to spring training, you know, because the Dodgers they start super early in the last couple of years. They end the latest because they win the World Series and have a parade and then they do the endless victory Lap around Los Angeles and next thing you know, bang, it's right in your face. You got to start doing the baseball thing. How many spring training games are we run in on the station, Colin.
Speaker 6: I believe fifteen fifteen plus the Freeway Series with the Angels.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's a pretty good run. That's a lot of covering up Rogan and Rodney.
Speaker 5: Well, how many of those are on the weekend. You know that's not all covering up brokenly, I wish it was.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I would say a good amount of them are on Saturday and Sunday.
Speaker 4: I mean it couldn't be more than I mean eight, right, there's no more than four weeks, are there?
Speaker 2: So seven cover up?
Speaker 4: So Rogan, I wish I could hit a double every time.
Speaker 2: I wish we could cover up Brogan and Rodney every time. I'm gonna go for that, though, I would. So how many are we covering up? Can? Can you answer Matt's question or no?
Speaker 6: I mean I have a schedule. I could bring the schedule up on my email.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't have there are there are nine Saturday or Sunday games, not including the Freeway series, so on Sunday only six if we play every single weekend game, which some of those, you know the Clippers do play noon. You're right, day, you're right, so you may not have Here we go we can cross reference this s right now, man, Let's see, do I see any noons noon? So Sunday, March twenty ninth, Clips are playing that will be the Freeway series though that is their only nooner, so yes, zero interference from the Clips. Their only nooner on Sunday is this Sunday, which will precede the Super Bowl, thenoner against the Timberwolves.
Speaker 2: How his words, the word of the day. Today's word of the day is nothing.
Speaker 5: Nothing, I Matt. For the first time in a long time, I believe have not been invited to a Super Bowl party for Super Bowl six.
Speaker 4: Finally people realize that you don't want to go to a Super Bowl party.
Speaker 5: I think I got an invite from Robbie Bogdanovitch today, but it's pretty late, and I might be able to be like, hey, you know, it's a pretty late invite, but I have nowhere to go for Super Sunday.
Speaker 2: And I've never been happier.
Speaker 5: Because my kids don't care, my wife doesn't care, and.
Speaker 4: The three of them will not watch the Super Bowl.
Speaker 5: Well, then go to a party and eat and run around and talk about our problems or whatever. But I don't believe anybody's like breaking their back to do anything when it comes to the Super Bowl. And I believe that I am off the hook, just like Tessio for twenty twenty six. I think unless I end up at Robbie Bogdanovich's, which is usually where I end up because I don't go to the family party anymore because Robbie's is closer.
Speaker 2: But overall, I.
Speaker 4: Am hoping family is a standing invitation.
Speaker 2: Right, I don't know. I didn't get one this year, but.
Speaker 4: I'm and it's the family, Like everybody knows the same place doing something.
Speaker 2: You know, it might be they might be over it.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 2: That's my house. Super Bowl Sunday. Yeah, God, I hope there's nothing. God, that would be means nothing.
Speaker 6: Do you want to come over to the Ye's bill?
Speaker 2: Ye?
Speaker 6: Yeah, come over and.
Speaker 2: Watch about how Christine san Francis.
Speaker 5: I mean he might talk a little bit about propaganda.
Speaker 4: Okay, you see that.
Speaker 6: You look at the look at the Golden Gate be Dole shot at the Golden Gate Bridge.
Speaker 4: You're gonna bring that daty years over to that super Bowl party?
Speaker 2: Colin.
Speaker 6: Now this is the first date, so I think, uh, maybe a little follow up.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's a clown question. Bro Okay, it's not going to beat the family yet.
Speaker 4: Why not super Bowl party? It's casual. There's a bunch of different people there, it's not just his family.
Speaker 2: He spread what does he do?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, he'll he'll get on the barbecue.
Speaker 2: He'll does he do deviled eggs. Deviled eggs will get me.
Speaker 6: Hey, we'll put deviled eggs on the menu.
Speaker 2: If you'll come, I'll consider it.
Speaker 4: Okay, you just said you haven't been happier because you have no super Bowl party, and now you're soliciting for an invitation to Colin Yese.
Speaker 2: He said he had deviled eggs. Man, that changes the game. That changes everything.
Speaker 5: But I, you know, like I made it pretty far. I think I got an invite today. But and now I've been invited to the Yeas. But this is the furthest I've made it without being invited to a super Bowl party.
Speaker 2: And it was a great feeling, you know.
Speaker 5: I felt like I was like, you know, running in a marathon free, you know, and I was gonna win. And then I got shot right right before the finish out.
Speaker 4: What you didn't get shot though? It was just your achilles just snapped, That's all it was. He just felt like, you got shot, that's all.
Speaker 5: What was the Mel Gibson movie where the guy gets shot. He's running, He's just waiting to get shot. Oh, Gallipoli, that's me. I was gonna make it.
Speaker 4: There you go, You're gonna make it. I'll report on Monday.
Speaker 2: Here's my number Number of the day.
Speaker 4: Number the day is twenty p It's a follow up to a former Word of the Day or a minor sports story. So I don't know earlier in the week you did the story. And we have got listeners all over the world, and God bless Mike and his two beautiful little boys.
Speaker 2: Set down to one of my stories.
Speaker 4: Matt. Yes, we have someone that took the initiative. That's like picaso, what are you doing man? Well, they are furthering the story. Pe I get the story about the number that is twenty A twenty inch hot dog over in the UAE.
Speaker 2: The guy to go to the ikea.
Speaker 4: Mike listener, Mike who goes by dish tank on Instagram. Uh, and I believe I posted it. I posted it on my Instagram reel. Matt Money Smith. I think we put it up on Twitter as well. There is a ninety second video of he and his two boys going to the Ikea and it is professionally done.
Speaker 2: Listen to this, Hey, it's our Petros and Money.
Speaker 6: This is Mike and Abu Dhabi originally from Los Angeles but relocated out here and loving it.
Speaker 2: Hey, I heard your guys's hot dog chat.
Speaker 10: On the show the other day, and I decided, Hey, I live in the UAE, why not go down to my local Ikea here on Yazz Island and check out.
Speaker 2: This half beter hot dog.
Speaker 10: The boys and I came to Ikea on Yaz Island in Abu Dhabi expecting a little extra assembly, but we didn't think it would be our own dignity. No, the Ikea locations in the United Arab Emirates are the only stores in the world that have this half meter hot dog.
Speaker 2: Here it is.
Speaker 10: This thing is longer than my attention span, and it costs less than a candle that I didn't need.
Speaker 2: Let's talk specs.
Speaker 10: Twenty inches of mystery meat and three buns that are trying their best. We got ketchup and mustard, and we opted for no onions or hall of pay because our lower intestines would be suffering enough.
Speaker 2: Damn, look at that thing, right?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Good? Is it good?
Speaker 4: Listen to the music?
Speaker 2: Is this a gourmet hot dog? No? Is it Swedish?
Speaker 10: Cannot confirm? It's my turn a little mustard on it?
Speaker 2: No ketchup because said, but was it worth it?
Speaker 10: Absolutely better than a hard doll bookshelf in a dorm room. Our review five of five Allen, Way to go, Ikea.
Speaker 2: You guys really need to extend this to the rest of the.
Speaker 4: World, right, how about my man? Five out of five Allen Keys. Well done, Mike and your two boys. Huge fight. We've got the beatical tinge Ben for I.
Speaker 2: Mean, wow, right, three buns that are trying their best.
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 4: Wow a doll bookshelf in a dorm room who.
Speaker 5: Relocates to the U A people relocate to San Jose. They don't right relocate to Yas Island.
Speaker 12: Just impression, I mean wow, pretty exciting voiceover at it. Should we post music? Can we post it?
Speaker 4: I tagged Petro some money when I posted it on Instagram so and I tagged a five seven la sports when I posted it.
Speaker 2: Repost it is time for the song of the day, Katie. Are you ready?
Speaker 5: I don't know, I don't know, I don't know if you have the fortitude this is the.
Speaker 2: Song of the day.
Speaker 10: Yeah ah, I No, you don't like my teasting music, But that's okay.
Speaker 6: It's not Welcome to Paradise by Green Day.
Speaker 10: They are opening the Super Bowl, and I like them.
Speaker 2: They belong on the East Bay.
Speaker 4: Works for me. Hey, when Katie gets to fill in, it's paradise, man, Ronnie heards you and he's not happy. So I meant for her like it's her paradise.
Speaker 2: She's not.
Speaker 5: She already said she's not happy having made the drive, and she's very reluctantly here. It makes you wonder why she's still here. Thank you, Katie. We appreciate you, and we'll be back with a look back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I should be seventy eight sports.
Speaker 4: We are alive everywhere on the iheartman. You have going until six o'clock tonight for a clip or pregame against the Kings.
Speaker 2: I still have.
Speaker 4: We're halfway through the show and we still have that Beachas Restaurant in brew HOUSEFT card to give away and a reminder that the MVP game Bundle.
Speaker 2: Is available for you. Matt. I don't know if you have the sack.
Speaker 4: I mean right here at the halfway point.
Speaker 2: I mean I didn't know.
Speaker 4: It's not like any people, it's not for the late people, it's for the people.
Speaker 2: Great point.
Speaker 4: Let's do it, yeah, Matt eight six six nine eight seven two five sev Beaj's Restaurant in brew House gift card to call her tenor reminder they have the MVP game bundle going on this weekend. That has Wings Pizza Apps the whole spread. Order for your big game party and don't worry about getting everything ready. Just open that door and bang, pick up that BJ's and you're ready to roll again. That's Wings Pizza Apps, the whole spread one hundred dollars BJ's Wrestler pr House gift card caller ten eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy.
Speaker 5: All right, Matt, I'm very proud of the work we do every Friday. I look back at Great Sports Talk and you say, wow, we've really done a lot of good things. We've worked on a lot of themes. We've covered a lot of ground. We've dealt with local stories, we've dealt with national stories, we've dealt with international stories. We did our job, and everything can be podcast on the iHeartRadio app for your smartphone. Let's get to the lessons learning Great Sports Talk and.
Speaker 2: I guess you delivered up really sick moments with no.
Speaker 5: Since Okay, lessons learned.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 5: We have Colin Yee, who's a Japanese Chinese gentlemen. We have senior kids, and we have Bonas, Sarah, Dona, Matt Smith down there all right, lesson one, Russ and Ichile.
Speaker 4: Let's say on it.
Speaker 5: Well, it was Swan's birthday and uh for the a live guy birthday of the day, the guy that played Swan and Warriors. If there's a Warriors clip played during the week on the show, one of the greatest movies ever made by Walter Hill, then you bet your sweet ass it's gonna make the lessons learned.
Speaker 11: If you get separated, make it to the platform at Union Square. That's where we changed trains.
Speaker 7: I only got one question.
Speaker 2: Who named you leader? Checks? Don't like that as much right to take over as you. It was Cleon's choice, Swans Warchi.
Speaker 7: Now Cleon's most likely got a nice stick shoved halfway up.
Speaker 11: His I bet you can't even find the subway.
Speaker 2: Make your move.
Speaker 11: Maybe we ought to talk about this later. Oh, what's wrong with right now?
Speaker 2: Gotta hate that? Yeah, I want to be warte you move.
Speaker 4: Let's go there we go?
Speaker 2: Hey, AX, lighten up, let her go. Hey AJX, lighten up.
Speaker 4: You're gonna jump me.
Speaker 11: Maybe we ought to put it.
Speaker 10: He looks like you might even like it.
Speaker 5: Longer trains, that's a long beat. There's longer trains in San Francisco at the bar station.
Speaker 2: Lesson too Ress and me Lexion doors.
Speaker 4: Let's say on a way.
Speaker 5: Bill yee with San Francisco, that's my hometown. We talked to Bob Chesney, the new UCLA coach, and we're worried about him falling in you.
Speaker 2: Know, all this stuff coming out about the Hollywood Times. I were worried about him falling in with the wrong crow.
Speaker 13: Me myself hang out with the wrong car.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, like you know, like you saw Mighty Ducks too when Gordon Bombay, you know, he started slicking his hair bag. He wouldn't visit the team. He's hanging out in Malibu. You know we uh are you does that cross your mind at all? Or you feel pretty good about your in the position you're in.
Speaker 13: I feel pretty good. I mean, I'm staying in a hotel for the past forty days. I walked from the hotel into our facility and that's about it. And I'm sure when when I finally get settled in somewhere, my family gets out here. I'm sure he'll be more of the same. I think are our time so limited, you know? And I do think that, you know, being in front of the right people at the right moments, you know, to help build this program the right way. And there's strength in numbers. So the more that we could have, you know, behind us is important. So there are moments where I do have to get out there and get in front of different people. But I'm not I'm not sorried about myself.
Speaker 11: All right, that's Malibu.
Speaker 2: With uh Now you never know, you know, Hollywood.
Speaker 13: I appreciate your concern, your hair for your coach.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 5: I mean, what if he's eating ice cream with the trainer Chick from the Iceland team, and and and Nico IAMALIAVI sees him, you know, coming out of DDE Reese with the with the Iceland team Chick.
Speaker 2: I could see that it happens. It happened in Mighty Ducks too, goach, what happens lesson three les?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 4: That's on today?
Speaker 2: I mean, Oh, Colin Loft, I was like walked out.
Speaker 4: I think that was cultural appropriation.
Speaker 2: Colin uh g.
Speaker 5: Whiz warrant from Jackson Hayes out in d C. The DC Wizard's mascot, James Worthy reminded us of the time that Kareem punched the Son's gorilla.
Speaker 11: I think Kareem punched the gorilla in the face one time because he was mocking him. I remember that I never had a chick. I never had a you know, I never had a situation with any mascots, but I remember Kareem that real. To learn this lesson, don't creep up behind Kareem. I remember that we knocked the hell out of it.
Speaker 4: Really was one of the great I mean, James Worthy has given us plenty. That's pretty good though, but that's right up there.
Speaker 2: With them, less and far next you own quadron Yama.
Speaker 5: The Rock will be celebrated on Super Bowl Sunday Alcatraz with Jack Collinsworth, Rodney Harrison, and Tony Dungee A very old man with my freeze out there.
Speaker 2: We remember the Rock for different reasons. Welcome to the Rock, and that's not our only one.
Speaker 11: Sure you ready?
Speaker 2: Your vest losers alwaysh whine about that VEST winners go home, and.
Speaker 5: The Queen oh adam Ousland has a lot of a lot of nick exasperated nick cage in him.
Speaker 2: Lesson five sinko. That's doing a chink way, where's your dignity, Don McClain.
Speaker 5: Now you know, maybe Amury Bailey lost his dignity when Drake was dating his mom. But here is Don McClain on Amury Bailey. Yeah, I do what do you say, Don?
Speaker 7: I think that that may and whether or not it happens, I don't think it will. I think that that may be the final nail in the coffin for there to be changed in college basketball. If you start letting guys that actually played NBA games come back to college. I mean, I like, it's that you can't allow that, and so I'm hoping that this is like, all right, this is the final thing. We got to change stuff. I don't know how you change it. I think the best way is to get a commissioner of college basketball and a commissioner of college football and have them set rules out not outside of the NCAA, but independent of the NCAA and work from there, because that's just ridiculous and the flip side of that, and I like it. Mari Bailey got to know him a little bit, is you're at UCLA, nice kid, but let's have some dignity, like.
Speaker 2: Really like really Oh, it's pretty like really.
Speaker 8: Less sometimes when you're doing a live stream and then you get that call to be on the midday.
Speaker 2: Oh Rogan and Rodney. Oh yeah, bluetooth headset doesn't work. What's it like?
Speaker 9: Man, Hello, I'll try that again. Hello, Hello, Hello, can you hear me?
Speaker 2: Jesus?
Speaker 11: Hello? Yeah, I got you.
Speaker 9: It's just trade Deadline. I am streaming right now that I'm just gonna simulcast.
Speaker 2: You hear friend's podcast.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, I'm aware of Freddy. I'm streaming at Clippers Talk on YouTube side right now. We're talking about it.
Speaker 2: YouTube steal was made.
Speaker 9: It was a long time coming.
Speaker 3: Remember he was sent home.
Speaker 5: And those are the lessons learning. Great sports Talk this week, everybody.
Speaker 2: Thank you for leasing sports Talk.
Speaker 5: Thank you for being a friend. We'll be back with David Vasse who did not make it. Thought he was gonna make it with his boy Muldoon and he didn't make it.
Speaker 2: He didn't make the cut.
Speaker 5: Dave you and Goodell and Bob Kraft Eli, and we'll be back.
Speaker 12: Good day from we all transrilled altitude.
Speaker 4: Sure some money came y seventy la smarts. We are alive everywhere on the iHeart Radio app already gave away our Bja's wrestaurant, our brew House gift card earlier. Food of Palooza. As it pertains, the U winning prizes has come to its end. But remember all weekend long you have an opportunity to take advantage of the many friends that helped us make food a Palooza part of our week. Our friends over at Vesty v E s t I eat Vesty dot Com use the promo code IHEARTVESTI get twenty percent off off that shareable box. It is delicious. They brought sandwiches to KFI today. Our friends at BJ's, Rush Runner and Brewe House remind you they have the MVP game bundle with wings, pizza and apps. Then, of course your Greek friends p also has some tasty Euros and Greek delicacies as well, great Greek grill.
Speaker 2: He gave those away yesterday we did, but joining us right now.
Speaker 5: He spent four years prostrate to the higher mind.
Speaker 2: He got his paper and then he was free. It's David Vassy.
Speaker 4: No, somebody was barbecue said, oh Lord Jesus is a fun on stove talk and.
Speaker 8: Then the smoke gapet got brun Child'm saying.
Speaker 4: And all.
Speaker 2: Joining us now.
Speaker 5: The one and only David Vasse, our Dodger reporter on m five seventy LA Sports, the Dodgers make some moves, moves that we should discuss. Dave was also at the Laker game last night, left Isabelle on hold for the entire show.
Speaker 2: That is not cool.
Speaker 5: She texted me, she says, you know what, I think, He's already at the game and I was like, no, come on for sex Muncie at Miggi Rojas on last night. He's done for the week, but some Dodger movement, so a good time to talk to David Veasse on your Southern California Toyota Dealer Celebrity hotline.
Speaker 2: Hey, Dave, how are you?
Speaker 14: I'm doing great. It's been an eventful week for years, truly. I mean I'm riding this high, this mull Dune high into the Laker game last night and having Miggy Rowe and Max Munsey on the show last night. Didn't share those interviews from Dodger Fest, but great to share two guys that hit two big home runs in Game seven of the World Series last night, and then the Dodgers making some fan favorite type moves today.
Speaker 2: Do you want to know what they are? Yes, we do.
Speaker 4: Come on, I'm waiting with baited breath, give them to us.
Speaker 14: Well, I don't know if petros and Money had the outrage when the Dodgers tried to pass Ben Rohtfitt through waivers and the Reds spoiled those plans for him to come back. The Reds picked him up even though the Dodgers tendered him a one point one million dollar contract, and then when they signed Juanio Suarez a couple of days ago, they all of a sudden designated for assignment that same Ben Rourtfitt, who got through waivers. There is still a waiver period, and the Dodgers obviously the last team to pick because they won the World Series and they came all the way back to them, so they needed to make a forty man roster move, and it turned out to be Anthony banda frend of the Petrosen Money Show and certainly a huge fan favorite in La, shockingly was designated for assignment today. But maybe the Dodgers feel, with his contract one point six million dollars that not many teams will take a flyer on a left handed reliever at that price tag, so we'll see what happens.
Speaker 5: Is Bonda going to pass through waivers or is is he gone forever?
Speaker 2: I mean, that's another Petros and money curz.
Speaker 13: I know, I know.
Speaker 14: Well, it feels like the Dodgers. There's a few factors into why Bonda was the odd man out right now. As far as the forty man roster goes, he has thrown one hundred and nineteen games and that's just the regular season in the last two years, so the Dodgers have used them a lot.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 14: Another important factor is the Dodgers have a lot of lefties in their bullpen that are really good, starting with Tanner Scott, who is you know, obviously paid a lot of money and the Dodgers are expecting him to bounce back. Alex Vesia, Jack Dryer, and also Justin Robleski, who emerged as a multi inning reliever for the Dodgers in the most critical time in the World Series, and he did really well towards the end of the second half of last year. So they have four really good lefties in their bullpen and maybe felt like if they're going to try to pass somebody through waivers, it would be Anthony Bonda because if for some reason a team does take a flyer on a one point six million dollar contract on Anthony Banda, they can absorb that loss because they have four other really good lefties in their bullpen.
Speaker 4: I think we kind of think of them as young players, Dave, because they haven't spent much of any time in the big leagues. But I mean, River Ryan is going to be twenty eight this year during the season, Bobby Miller is about to turn twenty seven. Kind of where do you see some of these former Baseball America Top thirty prospects and how they might fit into the Dodgers roster this season.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 14: I don't want to say this is a make or break year or a crossroads year for Bobby Miller, but it's pretty close to that. Considering where he was when he burst onto the scene and the expectations the Dodgers had for his career and the way it just went so far backwards last season. I think he has to a stay healthy and b really show out in spring training. As far as River Ryan goes, I don't know if you guys saw photos of him at Dodger Fest he did join us. He has a very different built than what we saw. I mean, he has put on a lot of muscle mass, almost thirty pounds a muscle mass since the last time you saw him on a Major League mound. And he also has a lettuce going down past his shoulders. Very Noah Cindigard is Noah Cindergard esque hair, I mean, especially when he puts it in the bun So it kind of feels like the Dodgers they're going to have eyes on River Ryan to see whether or not he's the guy that gives them the boost that they may need if there's injuries to their starting rotation, even in the first half of the season with.
Speaker 5: The rotvet move, Dave, does that mean the Dodgers have too many catchers, no more rushing.
Speaker 14: Well, right now, it may appear that way, Petros, but Will Smith is going to catch for Team USA in the World Baseball Classic, so there's going to be more than enough opportunities for roart Fit and Dalton Rushing to handle the staff in camp, and injuries are always part of it, especially at that position. So there's no rush to judgment here to believe the Dodgers have some sort of trade worked out to send Dalton Rushing somewhere. I believe the Dodgers are going to let this play out in spring training and see where it goes.
Speaker 4: What about one of I don't want to lump Petros into this. I don't know if he'd want me too, But what about one of my favorites, count on Call? Alex Call. I like a guy that can grind out in that time, I don't care. I'd like a guy that rolls around and warm ups without a baseball cap on. Are we going to count on Call this season? Do you think he's someone that might be able to break with the team when it comes time to open the season.
Speaker 14: Oh, yeah, he's got a major league contract. He's a guy that embraces his role coming off the bench as a defensive replacement or just trying to get on base whenever he's called upon a habit at bat. So the Dodgers, if you remember last year, at the end of the season, their bench was a little thin. So a guy like Alex Call certainly has a spot. And look, if all things are equal during spring training and everybody comes out of it healthy. We saw the Dodgers carry three catchers last year. There's no reason to believe that if they don't believe they have a better option off the bench that they wouldn't carry three catchers again to begin the season. When could we actually with the entry to Key Key Hernandez.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's not coming back for a long ass time. Uh, Dave, what was the highlight of your week?
Speaker 2: Was it Pat Muldoon? Was it Joe Davis? Was it the Laker game? What was it? Dave?
Speaker 14: That's tough, pet Trust, I mean being in your presence as well after Muldoon had seeing the shock and awe on your face when I went back into your past. I think that was the highlight of the week right there, just like bringing those skeletons out of the closet that you've tried to just put away and gone to therapy for and taken a lot of medication. To Barry, I mean to see that bubble up to the tales again to me, to me with the highlight of the week.
Speaker 2: When can we expect Muldoon on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 14: I think we're going to schedule that for next week. I'm efforting Milton Massachusetts and Patriots fan Rich Hill come on the show in the aftermath of the Patriots loss on Monday.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Dave, and have a great weekend, and we sure appreciate all of your patronage.
Speaker 14: I love you guys, and I'm really keeping my fingers crossed. I made lessons learned this week.
Speaker 4: Don't count on it.
Speaker 5: We did it yet last segment and you did not make it. There was too much, Dave. You're right on the bubble like USC and UCLA.
Speaker 14: Okay, thank you. I have work to do.
Speaker 5: Clippers tonight. David Mass taking the weekend off. He'll be with the pitchers and catchers in about a week. Could go so fast. We'll be right back with more Petro sending money