Speaker 1: I know I said that we were going to talk about Obamacare, but apparently I'm not even in control of my own show.
Speaker 2: Obamacare, Brewers Baseball. Yeah, yeah, yeah, let's get to the important stuff.
Speaker 1: If you recognize that voice, you have spent a lot of time here on News Talk eleven thirty w ISN Welcome back, Benjamin Yacht Show Tuesday edition. We are going to get to early voting, and Greg, I'm going to need your help on this because it's not just a reminder. I'm going to ask something of you. And just after eight o'clock. You cannot predict who is going to kill whom, but you could have prevented last week's headline murder out of the city of Chicago. But you heard the man, the myth, the semi retired Legenday.
Speaker 2: Webber won't ask me anything because I'm not metally prepared to let's answer anything.
Speaker 1: He comes in the door and I'm like, this is how they tell me. They fire me mid show.
Speaker 2: This is what you learn when you retire here is that you have all sorts of time to drive around, even older people who have doctor's appointments. That's your job now. Yeah, so I actually have a relative that's getting a little eye surgery down the road here, and I thought, what a perfect time to stop and tell Ben and Greg and the entire audience that my podcast is starting April seventh. So that's why I'm here to promote the podcast.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it. Yeah, I appreciate you stealing the few listeners I have to go to your podcast. There's nothing that that that's a shot in the arm that the Benjamin Yon shows.
Speaker 2: Ben, we're gonna we're gonna release it after your show. No, it's always that's what I said.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to be like that, but I did hear that.
Speaker 2: I think right around Clay and Buck. When Clay and Buck start, I think is about the time mid morning we're going to be putting posting up the podcast on Tuesday and a Friday. But yeah, the time is getting closer. And since it was in the neighborhood, I thought i'd stop and remind everybody April seventh.
Speaker 1: How different is the podcast is going to be from from the show.
Speaker 2: And it's going to be pretty similar. But given that's going to be forty five minutes or an hour, I think I can move through topics even faster, so it's going to be very, very limited ads.
Speaker 1: Are you going to Are you going to keep news you may have missed because you have a life?
Speaker 2: No, because I wantedyone to talk to. I suppose Greg and I could could kick it around. But I know that I think this is just going to be sort of a refined our worth of my thoughts and whether you want them to hear them or not. And that's pretty much going to what it's going to be.
Speaker 1: The question that I always get at ventnows dot com talk and text line four one, four seven, nine, nine eleven thirty. Is Jay going to curse now now that you are freed from the FCC and terrestrial radio? Are you going to work blue for some reason? That's the big question I get too, but I don't feel the need to. But it's kind of nice to know that I let if I let something slip, it's not necessarily my job on the line. Because of it, I have to adhere to the FCC rules. I know that I've I've told you this story, but when Howard Stern went over to satellite radio that they said, I'll look, guys, we can curse, but we're not going to you. There's no reason, and within a week it was it was curse word after curseword.
Speaker 2: Well ext because you can come up with fill in words. You can come up with with alternative words to the great curse words of our society, but nothing is better than the original curse.
Speaker 1: I think we still use jag. That that's one that was invented on on the j Weber Show.
Speaker 2: Well from my youth that that jag is a term that was around so long it's sort of everyone forgot that it was a term, and I brought it back because I was always looking for euphemisms. How about shizzle you can use.
Speaker 1: You can use Schmeckel. I use Schmeckel a lot I do. Although I made a reference.
Speaker 2: Tended to go with like Member Johnson's unit. I tended to go more traditional Schmeckel works.
Speaker 1: I I made a reference to the third leg, and Bobby is not let me. He's like, how come every time I turn on the radio, you're talking about somebody with a third leg. And I'm like, I don't know what time you're listening. Pal, that's the way to a Jay Weber is back. He's not back for for good. No, you're not. You want to fill in I mean opening days on Thursday, I really slide right in. I could get to the ballpark even even earlier. Do you miss it? Are you enjoying retirement?
Speaker 2: I miss sharing every thought in my head with people a little bit, but I don't miss the hours. I don't miss. I got to tell you, retirement's pretty great. It's going to be semi retirement now because I have the podcast starting. But one of the things about this nice break between January first and in April seventh is that I've been able to really unplug. I don't know right now, if you quss me, I don't know much in terms of what's going on in the world. I really don't driving in when I was listening to you, listening to you, I learned that it's the opening day on Thursday.
Speaker 1: I didn't know.
Speaker 2: Man, you really ought to judge n C two A tournament crept up on me, and that's something I really pay attention to every year. Even that crept up on me. We're like, we're in the second weekend before I knew basketball was going on. I mean, I am this is blissful ignorance, it really is.
Speaker 1: I cannot wait and I'm never going to be able to retire. I got four kids, but I cannot wait to never be on Twitter again. That I enjoy it. I always enjoy the back and forth, but I just to not wake up and have thirty seven responses because the liberals have now found me. When I was the sidekick, when I was on you know, from five to six and from nine to eleven, nobody knew that I existed. I take over for you, and now the liberals are ah, You're a pedophile protector and raw it just it is a fire hose of crazy that I don't need.
Speaker 2: I think it's gotten crazier in the Twitter anyway. X has gotten crazier over the last just year or two, I think. But what's nice about that?
Speaker 1: Too?
Speaker 2: In retirement has proven to me that you can know nothing about what's going on, you can still chime in like you'd like you're.
Speaker 1: Know it all. I know what's going on here.
Speaker 2: Let me let me give you my three sentences on Iran and.
Speaker 1: Make it sound like I know what I'm It's well again, you You were always such a good writer that your three said this is on Iran would be far more intelligent than the memes that I get sent. Are you gonna have any guests on the podcast.
Speaker 2: I haven't decided yet. There are already a few people, lawmakers, newsmakers that were upset that I was no longer doing the radio show, and I'm kind of retired. So I've pushed as many as I can toward you.
Speaker 1: Yes, think you've had some of them on. I mean, I gotta find out Robin Voss is retiring from the newspaper. I mean that's the phone number hasn't changed, man, you can all still call up.
Speaker 2: Are you going to well? In terms of guests, I think we will. For me, as you know, because we were just doing this off the air. For me, it's learning the technical end because for thirty five forty years in radio, I turned my microphone on and off. Well, when I was a newsperson, I was in the editing tape, but we were we were editing physical tape. We were using razor blades and cutting and splicing tape. I know nothing about the high electronic era era. So I'm trying to figure out how to do this remotely from my house. I'm trying to figure out how to just get the little piece of audio, you know, you just run that audio that has trump in it you want to play, I'm trying to figure out I can't play that right now. So either Greg's gonna have to do that for me as I do the podcast, or I have to figure out the the technical part of this. But that's the thing I'm struggling with.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: What two weeks away from the podcast, Well.
Speaker 1: That's that's very iHeart wait, wait until the absolute last minute, and then and then something.
Speaker 2: January and February went by and I had kind of heard nothing from management here, and it's like, am I still doing that podcast in April? Or how's that going? The iheartway.
Speaker 1: Look, you know this, as long as they they tell you when when you are no longer needed. Other than that, they just allow it. Jay Webers to join, He's he's hanging out on what used to don't have to the whole segment here, either, what do you want me to say? I just want unaffordable. I can talk about this later in the show. I can I can bump the food stamp law. I'd rather just sit and chat with you for a couple of minutes.
Speaker 2: I can tell you Obamacare is unaffordable because I no longer am matured by the company. I'm just I'm essentially a part time employee now, and it's nice. I can do the ads and do the podcast and kind of do what I want to do. But because of that, I had to go out and get my own insurance. So they of course point your right to the Obamacare exchange and if you make more than sixty four thousand dollars a year, so that you get no help from the government. But then, like the first step of Obamacare, I was shocked. The first step in terms of help is like half of your overall bill. So you go from getting nothing if you make sixty four thousand dollars over to getting like six hundred dollars worth of help every month if you make under that. So but long term, you know, a long story short, I have a thirteen I'm going to pay about thirteen thousand dollars to ensure just myself this year with a ten thousand dollars deductor unless I have some sort of real catastrophe in my life. Wow, I just essentially am paying for thirteen thousand dollars for no reason.
Speaker 1: Ginger ale chicken soup.
Speaker 2: Ask for.
Speaker 1: You know enough. Doctors. I'm sure you know the the orthopedic associates can still help you with that, that that shoulder, that that you've got, But that is cobble together my health well, that's that. That's what healthcare is. It is. It is terrible. What's the biggest story that you are glad you didn't have to talk about?
Speaker 2: Probably Iran just just all of that. I'm this week, I'm glad I don't have to talk about Donald Trump not being gracious upon Robin Robert Muller's death. I'm just glad I don't have to talk about that and try to defend that because it is just completely crass and unnecessary to make that comment. And at the same time, Robert Muller was one of these guys who was just lionized as an as the ultimate insider for years, and in truth, he did go about destroying lives. And you know, he was from that era of the Justice Enpartment where they would just get you into a into a jail cell or a room, and they would just sweat you and sweat you and threaten you and threaten you and sweat you and threaten you, and you were going to jail unless you told him exactly what they wanted and cooperated. So he was not. He was hard hitter. He was not a gentleman. As much as they want to portray.
Speaker 1: No two things can be true at the same time. Muller and what they did, and don't forget, this is the same Justice Department that we now know all these years later. They really did spy on the Trump campaign. They really did try and entrap these guys.
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely, but Paul Manafort went to prison largely because he wouldn't roll over on Trump and cooperate with.
Speaker 1: I always tell this story about when George Ryan, the governor of Illinois, got arrested. The Feds came to his guy and they're like, look, we don't want you, we want we want the governor and two of his dudes just double middle fingered the Feds and they did their jail time. When Blagoyvitch got arrested, there was a line out the front door at as Attorney's office. Everybody was willing to roll because nobody was going to prison for And that's.
Speaker 2: That all comes back to how you treat people and what type of person you really are, because you can be a jag and a threaten people and try to ruin people if they don't do what you want until you're in the crosshairs and then they'll turn on you immediately. Time for payback. A lot of people did that with the Clintons too, once they were out of off hold. Oh, let us tell you the truth about the Clintons.
Speaker 1: Well, you saw you saw it in the vote was it? Was it January where you had House Democrats voting to hold Bill in contempt but not Hillary. There's there's no lovery and by the way, plenty of love for you on the advent nos dot com talking text line.
Speaker 2: I ignored this window, by the way, the entire time I was on It's just the talking text line in my day was just pretty much an open window of hate.
Speaker 1: I got to crutch it through. I'm like, I'm like a kid with a busted ankle. I gotta crutch these shows.
Speaker 2: How much sifting are you doing?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll read it out of one eye. I'll keep an eye on.
Speaker 2: This is for the people in the EUIs this is just an anonymous text line. You can be anonymous, so it's a perfect way to just vent and get out your hate and call Ben names, which is why when I was on the air, these they are just people calling me names. I'm not sure why I'm going to the talking text.
Speaker 1: They all love you texture in the four one four. Great to hear Jay again, Julie from the up. What a great surprise. People begging you to come back and fill in. They would they would love to hear you feeling it's either you or Matt Kittle.
Speaker 2: Just getting up a little bit later. Now, I've go to bed about ten, ten thirty. I get up around five thirty or six. Makes all the difference, does it. It's so nice. I feel like I'm sleeping in late.
Speaker 1: To go to bed like a normal adult and not have to go to bed like a toddler. That's it. And I mean, you've got to have your afternoons for you. You spent your career pre pre I mean, Jay, And I'm gonna tell this. I'm going to Hillsdale next week to teach a class on how to do a talk show.
Speaker 2: Are you really I'm teaching. I'm teaching for thirty five years. They didn't ask me. You're on for two months and you're teaching a class at this.
Speaker 1: I got I got the invitation week one. That's that's that's how good. That's how good Uncle Ben is. But no, I your career is you know, I have it into the lesson plan of Jay was the most prepared talk show host I've ever seen. I do this, spend hour or so the day before, then three or four hours every morning, and I still don't feel like I've gotten quite as prepared as you have. But sell the podcast one last time because we got to get to it.
Speaker 2: We haven't heard April seventh. It comes back, starts April seventh, and it's every Tuesday and Friday. Belling is doing the Monday Wednesday Thursday thing. I'm doing the Tuesday Friday thing. So it's sort of the ogs of w I.
Speaker 1: S N like college class. It's like a college class. Well, I got I got Belling Monday Wednesday Friday, and then I got Weber Tuesday Thursday.
Speaker 2: We promised not to post it during your show.
Speaker 1: You can find it on of course the iHeartRadio app. Can Can we get it through the wous in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just through the website News Talk eleven three website.
Speaker 1: You can. Is there a subscription, No, this would be no subscription free to you folks. You need to come up with a subscription service. You need you need to where's your voter by the way.
Speaker 2: We're already prattling on too long. We should have taken a break half a minute ago. I'm now running your ear.
Speaker 1: It's my show. It's my show. We take the commercial when I say April seventh, I heard Jay Webber pod.
Speaker 2: By the way, I heard Dan promoting his new venture. I'm going, oh Man, thirty years ago, when I was starting out, I could have done so much with this digital era and gone national on podcasts and things like just do you guys have the opportunity if you want to take it, you can really monetize all of this.
Speaker 1: I think I think he's looking for interns. So I put a good word for you. If you need me to. I know the guy who runs it.
Speaker 2: I'll put in a good word if he needs help. Give him your phone number.
Speaker 1: Jay Weber, The Jay Webber Podcast, April seventh. Find it on All Things. iHeartMedia.