Speaker 1: Hm around. I feel like God.
Speaker 2: No need to hurry, no need to sparkle, no need to be anyone but oneself.
Speaker 3: Let's trust some money handfu seventy Early Sports were live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app and live at dot Stadium again for Game four.
Speaker 1: It is the home of the Dodgers or World Series Champion.
Speaker 3: Dodgers have been that for the better part of a decade and a half, nearly two decades, and the Dodgers trying to repeat his World Series champion big victory last night. You heard it right here on five seventy LA Sports and the Gaalping Motors broadcast booth. Same situation tonight, same schedule of four o'clock, Dodgers on deck pee a five o'clock first pitch, and down here on the field, we await the arrival of one Will kleinb hero from last night's game four innings, seventy two pitches. He's gonna join us straight out of the gate here as soon as he's finished with some other media duties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we didn't know whether we should go down or stay up, or if Kate should go down or stay up. We didn't know if we could get down in time. To start the show because we share microphones with Rogan and Rodney, and the one day we wanted them to be done early, the one day we needed a little time to get down there, they decided to go a.
Speaker 4: Little late, and we took that personally. Yeah, well we're like Michael Jordan. We take everything personally true. From the field of the work.
Speaker 2: Site, Strauss powers our World Series coverage on a five seventy LA Sports. Strauss is making history as the first brand ever featured on a professional baseball helmet, and it's on all of them, family owned, trusted worldwide, Strauss dot Com and Matt We got like an extra two and a half hours of Straussing last night with the extra innings and all the extra fanfare and all the extra baseball that everybody got for free.
Speaker 1: But look that Dodgers are back out at work.
Speaker 4: Freddie Freeman at first base picking it, Max Munsey at third earlier doing the same thing.
Speaker 1: His Dodger team is hungry. Bouiyambre, a lot of man.
Speaker 3: Exactly right p right in front of us where we always stand pregame. Chris Woodward working with Hay Song Kim right now. Dino Ebel out there, you mentioned Freddie was going through his reps earlier.
Speaker 1: Right now, Max Munsey And yeah, there's one side of the field.
Speaker 2: Oral Herscheizer right there on the first place line, and Oral Herscheiser is thrown out the first pitch that tonight.
Speaker 3: How about that the there's a number of media members I will say.
Speaker 4: Much less than yesterday though. Man, Yeah, you know what it is, pe They aren't.
Speaker 3: They are not acquainted with the onset of Santa Anna's and the high temperatures that come prior to those winds blowing through. So they have sought shelter in the dodger, dugout.
Speaker 1: Shelter from the storm.
Speaker 3: Yes, they are sheltering from the sun and sitting in the shade. I'm looking at a number of different shows microphones in front of them getting after it. Our friend Jim Bowden, who's in there chatting for MLB Radio. I see the ESPN crew all taking shelter from the beating hot sun.
Speaker 2: Bowden's partner, Well, I understand he's got that two toned hair because he doesn't want to upset.
Speaker 1: I got to protect that floor. Sweatsuit gets a little hot.
Speaker 4: I think he took exception to your calling it. Are he might have, but you know, I took exception of Roman and Rodney going late. So there's a lot of people that have but heard around town. I take exception to your exception.
Speaker 2: Tim Kates had Bowden's partner on, the guy that used to play for the Giants, the radio guy, I forget his name, but yeah, Kevin Friends and he came on with Tim Katz and he did say as a guy that covers a lot of baseball and a guy who's been at Dodger Stadium for a bunch of playoff games. As we saw Bowden earlier in his Belore a couple series ago, he said that it's the most chaotic last night that he ever saw Dodger Stadium. And you and I were commenting on it. The people that we know that were at the game, people that get tired, people that get old, people that get a little bit bickery late at night, they all stayed for the whole game.
Speaker 1: He was a podcast spread Rogan. It was impressive. Stayed for the whole game.
Speaker 2: Everybody glued to their seat, realizing that they were witnessing something special, even when the evening wore thin.
Speaker 3: Matt and it did wear thin. Indeed, it did and whatever. I'll find a different number of the day. But I was gonna point out that even the oft sided celebrity fans and the negativit that has sent their direction, they all stayed Magic Johnson, Bateman, all them dudes were here through all eighteen innings. I saw Dan Henley posting videos of himself right behind the Dodger dugout.
Speaker 2: And did you see what social media Matt dugout? Social media Matt like blew up on all the gossip sites, blew up and everything because he had Justin Bieber walking through the dugout club area with his Toronto Blue Jay's shirt and then our jersey, and he went and sat right down next to Madison Beer and Justin Herbert and dapped him up and watched a bunch of the game and clandestinely from the AM five to seventy LA Sports Ben Scully Sweet brought to you by Strauss, our guy. Social media Matt had eyes on his super strong iPhone camera on that and it blew up everywhere. He sent it to kiss FM. He sent it and then kiss FM blew it up everywhere. And how much credit is he going to get from the powers that be?
Speaker 3: Will say be in a very baseball white fashion. He did get a smack on his ass and a good job buddy, Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, had a boy. Yeah we'll take that.
Speaker 5: Actually he got he got a chance to be in a raffle the gift card.
Speaker 1: He got two extra entries to win a gift card. That's what he ended up.
Speaker 2: But I was, I was up, as you know. Yeah, the level Up sticker is awesome. That makes me feel like I'm really doing a great job. Hey, we got more than forty thousand views on this thing, level Up, level Up. But overall, Matt, I have to say, I took to heart what what's that guy's name, Kevin Franzia, Yeah, Franzia, exactly the box wine, the box of wine, exactly right. And I took to heart what he said this morning. As a baseball guy who played for the Giants, who's been here a thousand times, he said that it was the craziest he's ever seen Dodger Stadium. And Matt, we've been through a lot of World Series now, and it's when we were talking to Brad Paisley yesterday, it's hard not to take it for granted how good this baseball franchise is how high performing they are and how much they expect to be in these situations, right, But I have to say it was I think and we remember the grabbing hands when the Dodgers were first in the World Series.
Speaker 1: What was that twenty seventeen eighteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everybody's freaking out about the apparel and have something that said the World Series on it.
Speaker 4: Oh, yeah, that's right. There were fights and I remember, yeah, the clubhouse and not the clubhouse stores, right, And I don't know.
Speaker 1: If that's happening this time around.
Speaker 2: I can only assume you very adroitly pointed out back then eight years ago that you could buy all of this stuff on loss log on you're good and you don't have to wait in line and fight with somebody from La Crasenna. But either way, we remember that, and that was back when we were set up in a different place. But just to get out of the stadium, to walk out of the stadium with the human traffic just up on the top deck and in the reserve level was absolutely I mean, it was just.
Speaker 1: That was mayhem nostrils to rear end.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 3: I was talking to social Matt before we hit the air, and obviously he had to post all the videos post games. So game ends just shy of midnight, right like eleven fifty six or something like that.
Speaker 1: Before the clock strikes ridden up.
Speaker 3: By the time he was done with all of that, it was one thirty PM or one thirty am, pardon me, one thirty am. So he does not walk out of Dodger Stadium until one thirty am.
Speaker 1: He said.
Speaker 3: It took him an hour to get out of the parking lot. Still, that's how many people stayed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everybody had hung around. Everybody felt the given a cup to them. Impact of the moment, and last night was certainly a moment. And even if there are people Matt hiding in the dugout down there from the merciless sheltered from the sun, merciless rays of the pre Santa Anna sunlight.
Speaker 1: They can't take what we can take. It's still you have.
Speaker 2: To admit, and I have a no leg to stand on because I'm standing up here, but you have to admit, Matt, that it is more subdued yesterday. At this time yesterday, it was a much different vibe down there, a much different media scrum down there. And as always, the Dodgers are out early, working out despite the late nature of the evening. Mookie Betts is back out there on his hands and knees. Here he comes doing his shortstop drills. And guess who's coming over here. He's a tall drink of water pee his rabbinical beer. Oh, it's a beautiful beard. He's a tall drink of water. He's like six four, he's a very large individual. Yeah, I'm up here because we didn't know when you were gonna come over. Straight out of Eastern Illinois, out of Bloomington, Indiana, Matt a place you know, well, oh exactly. We saw him earlier in the season. He's been on three different teams this season and waking up yesterday morning. Who knows if he knew that he would end up being a World Series hero for these Los Angeles Dodgers. It is joining us on your Southern California Toyota Dealers celebrity hotline, Will Klin on the Petros and Money Show. What's cracking?
Speaker 4: Will?
Speaker 1: How are you? I'm good?
Speaker 7: How are you guys?
Speaker 3: Thanks for having me kidding me. We're talking to Will Klin. We're freaking great. How we are now?
Speaker 2: Did that bearded head hit the pillow at all last night or did you just stay up answering texts? What a wonderful night for you and your family. Congratulations, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: So what did you do? Did you stay up all night?
Speaker 7: I think I ended up falling asleep maybe around three o'clock.
Speaker 6: I had like five hundred plus messages to go through, and I tried to get through as many as I could and respond to friends and family and stuff. But I went through him and my wife kind of sat there trying to take it in after. And I don't think the drones worn off yet.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're on the roster.
Speaker 2: I mean you know that at a certain point you're probably going to appear in World Series games and you're with this team. But when you envisions off as an athlete, you envisioned something good happening for yourself. Could you have ever imagined what unfurled last night was gonna unfurl for you and this team?
Speaker 7: No, not at all, I said, Yesterda.
Speaker 6: I don't think I could have, you know, had a better dream or pictured a better outcome for at any point in my career, really, you know, and so just being able to go out there and you know, do do I didn't give our team that chance get Fred of that chance, like I think we all knew he would.
Speaker 7: Was just absolutely amazing.
Speaker 1: When's the last time you threw seventy pitches in a game?
Speaker 7: Think I think it was my junior year of college in twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: So what did what did it feel like? Like what you know, because you're a dude that throws gas, so I would assume that's going to affect But lastly, it didn't seem like it. But kind of what does it feel like when you're when you're taking up and you're going back out there for a fourth?
Speaker 6: Any Yeah, I just think the adrenaline helped me stay in it. You know, I got a little more out of myself there, but just being able to find, you know, that that last little uh bit of energy in myself and you know, stay in it, keep going, not not let us slip away there, And like I think you see it with with those last two pitches, uh yeah, you know, and Will call that last curve ball kind of like really gave me the energy I needed there. So I couldn't tell you, but it just kind of happened.
Speaker 2: Speaking of energy, was Will Smith looking like he was gonna fall over when when he came up to congratulate. I mean, it had to not be an easy situation of catching eighteen innings.
Speaker 1: What were those guys looking like?
Speaker 2: And when you looked in their eyes when you kept coming into the dugout, what did you see.
Speaker 6: I've never I've never seen a catcher go eighteen innings and and look as energized as as he was, you know, like I mean that that's why he's the starting catcher for Los Angeles Daughters. Like no one else could have could have done what he did yesterday, and just he's gonna go out and do it again today, you know, hopefully it's not eighteen innings. But you know, everyone like I don't know, I don't know. Everyone just stayed in it yesterday. Like you could hear the energy from our dugout every yet bad, every pitch, you know, second of the game, like they were in it.
Speaker 7: And I think that helps the guys on the field stay in it too.
Speaker 3: Will when you when you get the strikeout, you know, anybody in the stadium can't hear you because they're all yelling. We can't hear you on TV. You're not miked up, but it looked like you really gave out a primal scream. Now, if it is your everyday voice, it's a beautiful voice. Did you blow out your voice when you signed a little bit horse? Right now as we're talking to you.
Speaker 7: I think I blew up my voice Before I even started pitching, I was.
Speaker 6: I mean we hit we hit what two or three home runs before every time we scored a run, I was yelling and jumping around, and you know, and so even before I went out there is getting scratchy. And then yeah, each I think I yelled at every inning, you know, because I didn't know when it would when it would be the last one, and just like getting the zero and giving our chance to go back out and win the game the next like that was just such a great feeling that you know, you have to let something out each time, and the last one definitely like did some.
Speaker 1: Damage that looked like it?
Speaker 3: When did you start getting loose? Like what what was your are you doing it in the eighth and he not? Like when do you start kind of moving around? And how often did you have to get up and start moving around?
Speaker 6: I think I started doing like my normal stuff like round the you know, the fifth or sixth, just you never know what will happen. Obviously, it took a couple more innings to get there, but every couple innings or so do it again.
Speaker 7: Did bands probably four times yesterday through some plios.
Speaker 6: But just like whatever I could do to like stay in it and stay like ready and loose. I think I had, you know, two energy drinks, so yeah, the big ones, I think theyre reach like two hundred plus, But you know that that helped, and just yeah, just moving around pretty much the whole game.
Speaker 2: We know a little bit about your history because we have a former intern on this show that used to coach at Eastern Illinois, and we heard, just like Kenley Jansen, you started out your amateur career as a catcher.
Speaker 1: Why'd they move you to pitcher? And now look at you? Yeah, I was.
Speaker 7: I was a catcher in high school.
Speaker 6: I was varsity catcher parts of sophomore and then junior year, and then my senior or actually broke my right thumb, so I couldn't I was pretty useless as a catch or that point, and I could still like try to throw. So I moved more so to like d H and like sometimes outfield it's the worst outfield you've ever seen. But then as that healed and I hadn't been catching, I moved like focused more on pitching, and then I was mainly a pitcher and summer ball stuf because I knew that's where I would go to college because I was not a good hitter. But yeah, I just made that made that transition a little easier, just having gotten the experience and in summer ball and stuff. And then you know, Eastern Illinois reached out as a pitcher I think after my junior like during my junior summer, and so that that kind of made the decision really easy.
Speaker 3: What what's the conversation like after two innings, after three innings? Like what are are you taking? Are you telling Doc you're fine? Is he asking you?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: What is that? What's going on there?
Speaker 7: The conversation is keep going, keep going.
Speaker 3: Because we saw Yamamoto warming in the pan for for potential any nineteen? Were you gonna go back out different nineteen?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 7: No, I think I think that was Yama's game from then on.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 6: I was told I was done, and I think he would have been in the game, which would have been terrifying but really.
Speaker 7: Cool to see. That's I mean he's a different beast.
Speaker 2: Well, you've been a few different places. I mean you've been three different places this year. Well, and it's so cool to see this happen for you and your family and for the organization to have you there in that moment and all the stars aligned.
Speaker 1: How different is this Dodger.
Speaker 2: Team compared to some other organizations that you've been with. Is it different? Is it special? Or is it a plug in play? How does it work?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean I think you can see, especially with how everyone grinded out yesterday's it's a special team.
Speaker 7: And I mean I enjoyed my time with the Royals.
Speaker 6: They drafted me, and I spent a lot of time with the guys in that organization, and you know, a lot of good people over there, and I love the guys there. And then you know, I spent some I spent less time with Days and the Maryors obviously, but there are a lot of good people on those guys and on those teams and good players. But I think you just just see it when you have when you intentionally walk show. Hey, and now you have to face former VP Mookie Betts or he E's out, and then you gotta face former world Series and would be Freddy Freeman or then Will Smith or tayl or Max Mounts. You're however, many like other guys you want to name that can go and win the game for themselves. It's just like there's never a free out with this team, you know, and so it's and then same thing with the pitching staff. I could you could say we have five asses on the team and then like there's been talks about the bullpend whole year, but I think you saw yesterday what it's really about when you know, when when it's needed, and just every one of this team is willing to win, to grind their butts off to get a win.
Speaker 3: You know, we're on the field, it's game for the World Series. And we know you've been asked a lot of these same questions, and so we appreciate you entertaining us.
Speaker 1: That's why his voice is so blown out right.
Speaker 3: One thing that the Petrosen Money Show does better than anybody else just talk directional university sports. So if we may engage here a little Panthers, leathernecks, Selukis Huskies, those evil cardinals of Illinois State.
Speaker 1: Like what was the great rivalry?
Speaker 3: Was it? Where the Sycamores involved at all. Like, let's take us through your amateur career and who was the most Was it the LEATHERNX who was the most hated of all the directional universities that you took on?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't think we ever played the leather Neck. No, I don't think we played the Huskies up. Oh no, No, I think we obviously we played the Seluki's. Probably played SIUV as well, but SIUI was the only one of those that were in our conference, okay, because I think we were the further northernmost team in our conference. So yeah, SIU. E didn't really like them very much. Played Illinois State.
Speaker 1: You just don't like.
Speaker 6: Anybody you play against, you know, exactly right. I didn't like Tennessee Tech very much.
Speaker 4: It was you know, nobody likes Tennessee Tech.
Speaker 7: Exactly ever heard of them?
Speaker 6: They won sixty games though in twenty nineteen twenty they made it to the.
Speaker 7: Super Regional that year.
Speaker 1: Yeah they were at that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think they lost to Texas text saying I'm aware, but yeah, that was a team that was terrible play against. But that's s IU is probably at least favorite out of the.
Speaker 4: Directional and he was in the Quad Cities too.
Speaker 1: Well, come on, and we love the question so import forever.
Speaker 4: Gotta know there wasn't There was a Dodger reliever many years ago named Eric Ganie who also had a very very distinctive beard, and they used to sell shirts here with like the beard coming out of the chin, like like like you know, I'm sure that something like that is going to happen. I hope great things we all have, great things are in the future for you. Will.
Speaker 2: What a great night and what a special special thing to watch for all of the Dodger fans and baseball fans everywhere. Congratulations on your success. And here's the success the rest of the World Series.
Speaker 7: Yeah, let's let's finish this thing off. Thank you guys.
Speaker 1: There we go. Appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Will all right, big dude pee, Yeah, he's big, I can see.
Speaker 3: And he's rocking the the Otani Goat shirt. I think Rode Aware needs to get something going for Will climb right. Just a beard, yeah, beard, the rabbinical beard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know he used to be a catcher, but towers over former catcher Tim Kats Indeed. Yeah, yes, I'll see if baseball in ninety six.
Speaker 3: The TMS photoshop banded doing a bang up job of throwing Kate's face on the five foot seven, two hundred and thirty pound Alejandro Kirk. Oh No, that was one of the better photos that I mean, you know.
Speaker 2: The one thing that kind of bugs me about the Kirk thing, it's like every single time anybody talks to him on scam or about him in the in the booth, John Smoltz, Joe Davis, they every single time, Yeah, you know, he just he doesn't look the part. Uh yeah, you know, look at that body. I mean, he's two hundred and thirty. He's only five. So it's like, can you not mention how fatt he is every single time? Can we just skip one over and then bring I mean, because guy's obviously pretty great?
Speaker 1: So what do we want to do next?
Speaker 3: Should I take the break and then Dave's going to join us from down there?
Speaker 1: Yes? All right, I'll come down.
Speaker 3: Make it down and uh and then who knows, you know, there's always the uh and we could come back up.
Speaker 4: Well, there's always the wild car. No, I you know what I'm tired of you always the wild car.
Speaker 1: You're like my kid leaving an amusement park. Hey, let's just do this. This is one more thing. Listen, I want this stuffed animal. I want this doll.
Speaker 3: Let's go on the accelerator. Look, there's no line. If we hop out, we don't need to leave you.
Speaker 1: Come on, Dad, don't be such a buzz killed. There's a dark clown. Come on, all right, I'm headed down.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back on am FI seventy l A Sports your home of the Los Angeles Dodgers Game.
Speaker 4: Four four three four six. It's four. Last night was three.
Speaker 1: Fantastic.
Speaker 2: All right, puddo, everybody, what's cracking?
Speaker 1: And welcome back.
Speaker 2: It's the one and only petros In Money Show, live from beautiful Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 1: The sun is beating down. There are a lot of media.
Speaker 2: Members sheltering shelter from the sweltering heat in the dugout that but out here with their face to the sun cracked like John Wayne staring at the Western skies. Is our net guest after we just caught up with the hero, an unlikely hero of Game three, Well climb.
Speaker 1: It is the one and only.
Speaker 2: David vass Our Dodger reporter, the tireless David Vassy from Spectrum Sports Net from MLB Network, and of course right here one.
Speaker 4: Off with an inside look at the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: This is the Vass Report with David Vasse.
Speaker 2: David Vass is here, brought to you by Service Titan dot Com. Dave, what's cracking?
Speaker 1: How are you? I'm feeling good.
Speaker 8: I was just telling Matt we had a full border calls until two am on Dodger Talk. I was thinking about taking it all the way to five point fifty five am and tossing it to Sax and Kate's this morning because there was a lot of people.
Speaker 1: A latch handoff, my man, what a great handoff. Stay on all day.
Speaker 2: Nobody needs to hear the overnight forget about coast to coast.
Speaker 8: You know who had Fomo That player hater himself been a text to me. He's like, oh, you're taking my airtime away, overnight airtime.
Speaker 2: Poor Mallard. It's like once in a lifetime game dead Ben.
Speaker 1: Just take it easy.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sorry.
Speaker 8: You could talk about the commanders and chiefs tonight and everybody in La Care.
Speaker 1: So you've done a lot of these, Dave.
Speaker 2: I mean dating all the way back to twenty seventeen when way we were here and it was all new and everybody was scrambling over the apparel. Where does last night rank? I mean last series? Otani has the greatest performance individually of any baseball player in a playoff game. And now what we're watching is just crazy. I mean, how does this keep on happening, these reoccurring historic events.
Speaker 8: Well, I never thought I would live through another eighteen inning World Series game. I literally never thought that would happen again. Maximunthsy ended that one against the Red Sox, and it was different circumstances.
Speaker 1: I agree that one. I was like, just get this over with. Yeah, there was.
Speaker 8: A little bit more traffic, but it comes down to the same thing.
Speaker 1: If you want to be real about it.
Speaker 8: Why it goes eighteen innings Because guys now are built to try to swing for home runs. Nobody needed to do that. That game could have ended a lot sooner than it did. Everybody was trying to be a hero.
Speaker 2: Now, does somebody say something because I heard that on the radio broadcast being said like all these guys are just swinging. Well, it's true, and they were saying it on the TV broadcast Joe Davis and Smaltz.
Speaker 1: Does does Dave.
Speaker 4: Roberts like like one of those guys say dies like a football.
Speaker 2: Game, Like we get everybody together and say, hey, guys, shorten the swings. Does that happen in baseball? Or they just keep sending everybody out there.
Speaker 8: That would have been a great game plan to huddle everybody in the dugout. I know Nomar would have led that huddle to try not to swing for the fences.
Speaker 2: I hate to bring football references into every single interview reference.
Speaker 4: He's stupid though I can't really do anything. I don't as a kicker. He could appreciate that. At Bosco True Story and Georgia Tech wanted his.
Speaker 1: Like did they? Yeah, we did?
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the varsity. Nomarciaparts he doesn't do kickoffs. He does extra points and short field goals. We got a long guy that does the kickoffs, and we got a long field goal guy.
Speaker 8: But that's the reason why in twenty eighteen, in Game three, it took eighteen innings. That's why it took eighteen innings last night because somebody eventually was going to hit a home run. The mere fact is the Dodgers had more guys in their line up capable of being the hero, and of course Freddie Freeman, one of the best, if not the best hitter fundamentally sound in the game today, was not trying to hit a home run. His swing was getting better each of his last two at bats, and that was the result of him just being a good hitter.
Speaker 3: That the you know, I guess if you want to call it a negative side of it, positive side is it's the most impattive President.
Speaker 1: Of the Hall of Fame wants a little snick long good list game over here. He wants to stick that.
Speaker 8: Hey, what did you grab from Freddy Freeman last night, Josh raw Which what's going to Cooperstown tomorrow?
Speaker 1: We've got a lot of things that were working on. Nothing finalized. Yeah, okay, some seeds.
Speaker 8: We might have to get David Vessey's shirt from last night's game.
Speaker 1: Not a bad idea. Don't look for Maithsonian already came and took it.
Speaker 8: Don't look for any photos Johnson, who took all of them of Lauren Shahati and Freddie Hay.
Speaker 1: But Dave.
Speaker 3: The positive is, I don't think there's a more embattled unit in the postseason of any team than the Dodger bolpe and they're the star of the show. They're the ones that kept this thing scoreless after glass now left, or I guess the one run from trinin that put him in a position to win. I would assume, even though they're dead ass tired, that's got to be pretty damn good for a team that's just heard about how bad they are.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and look, Blake Trinon is the guy that Dave Roberts still remembers last year being a hero. But in the here and now he's been redline going back to last year and he just hasn't been the same guy. So it's ironic that the one guy that kind of had a hiccup was Blake Trianon. But the no names of Justin Robleski and Will Kliney. When I say no names across America, nobody knows who Justin Robert I didn't know who Will klein was. Yeah, so you know that's the ironic part of this. And the first guy I saw when I went back up to the booth to host the postgame show Dodger Talk was John Smoltz and immediately told me I was so happy for Clayton Kershaw. That's the guy I wanted to get out of that bass's loaded jam. Nathan Lucas basses loaded. They bring him in to face him because of the false narrative to a certain extent of his postseason resume, and he would have heard it, and this is his last dance.
Speaker 1: It would have.
Speaker 8: Really crushed and took a lot out of this whole season if Kershaw doesn't find a way to get the Dodgers out of that twelve inning jam. But you know, it says a lot that a Hall of Famer like John Smoltz is thinking about that one guy, considering everything that happened eighteen innings.
Speaker 1: We just talked to him. How much interaction have you had with Will Klein? A lot.
Speaker 8: That's why you invest in everybody, not just Mookie Beds and Freddie Freeman. This guy has had a long road to get to where he's at right now. He had a live arm in spring training. The skinner report on him was he had a hard time throwing stre which he did and that's the reason why he got sent down during the season. But he put in a lot of work and found a way to throw hard but also throw strikes. And I know coming into the postseason, there were a lot of coaches, including Connor McGuinness the assistant pitching coach that was pushing for Will Klein to be on the postseason roster. And the reality is, unfortunately, if Alex Vessia doesn't have his family situation, we very well may not have seen Will Klein last night. He's on this roster because Alex Vesia is off it. She likes to interrupt, you know, she doesn't like people getting attention.
Speaker 3: Dave the going back to going back to Kershaw, and you know what you said about Smoltz, And I'm sure you had a feed of the TV broadcast. They had cameras obviously trained on his wife, Allen, and you could see just how emotional she was, completely overcome with emotion, did it? It felt like that wasn't just Smoltz and her, that was the all of Dodger's datum, Like, if we can only have one thing, can it please be this guy getting miss out?
Speaker 8: One hundred matt fifty thousand fans had the same feelings, maybe not to that extreme of Ellen Kershaw, because you don't want to see a Larry Holmes's type of situation, right, You want to see a guy go out and do well and look, the reality is you may see Clayton Kershaw. There's a very good chance actually that you are going to see Kershaw in this game tonight, because Shoe heotni when he stole second base and was thrown out. From what I was told, that's when he started to feel cramps. And look, it's a warm day. The Dodger training staff started the hydration process.
Speaker 1: Last night on his way home.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so he's starting game four, seventeen hours after the final out last night, and he's got to go out there.
Speaker 1: So that's the reason why.
Speaker 8: With a thin bullpen and Kershaw only having faced one guy, one guy.
Speaker 4: What.
Speaker 1: He's going to eat Dallas. Oh yeah, you'll see twenty two on the Mounta today. Oh no, that is amazing. That's my prediction. Well, what are you think about the lineup being the same day? I hate it. I hate it. On call.
Speaker 8: Look, if Tommy Edmond can play six innings of extra innings in center field, there's no reason why he can't play center field today at Dodgers Stadium. From what I was told, he came in and he's feeling good. That right ankle, that right foot's feeling good. Look, Andy pa haz was on base or had four innings where he led off. He continued his postseason struggles where he still hasn't drawn a walk. He has four hits and almost fifty at bats. That's not what you want out of your ninth spot. Miguel Rojas at second base, Tommy Edmond in center field is what I was looking at today.
Speaker 1: But obviously Dave Roberts feels differently.
Speaker 3: What about just afe you and I'm just playing Devil's advocate here, did you feel like the at bats got better at least, you know, in that two hole he fights back to three and two like that. I'm trying to figure out what they're thinking and what the takeaway is. Did they see something in the at bats where they're like, you know what, maybe he saw it a little bit better as the game went on, and that's why they're putting him back out there, because I'm I thought the same thing last night halfway through the game, like, can you get someone on base in front of Otani so they can't intentionally walk them all over and over and over again.
Speaker 8: Well, even in the first nine innings, the two doubles, the two home runs, they wouldn't have been game tying, they would have been two run go ahead doubles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, two run home runs.
Speaker 8: And remember last year in the World Series, it was Gavin Lux hitting ninth that turned the lineup over to allow Freddy Freeman to come up with the bases loaded in Game five to allow the Dodgers to come back against the Yankees. That's what they need out of that ninth spot, and Andy pa has not only has not given it to them in the first three games of the World Series, he hasn't given it to the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: All postseason long.
Speaker 8: And the only thing I could think of is Dave Roberts wants better defense in center field and he still feels that Tommy Edmond may be a little limited in center. That's the only thing I could think of. But midway through this game, there's no reason why if Paz is not doing well, he should be out of this game. But you know, I'm a big advocate for Miguel Roja sitting ninth and Tommy Edmund playing center field.
Speaker 2: Dave, it's hot, but you're in black jeans. You're not even flustered. You were up all night last night and you seem as fresh as a rose. What's your secret this time of year?
Speaker 4: Dave?
Speaker 1: You had a delay in Toronto, coming home. The hell's going on?
Speaker 8: Love of the game, Petros, It's the World Series. This is what's what I lack. Yeah, five hours of sleep. Had to get on with kelvin Washington. Spectrum one News. You can find that and I believe it's free. Oh let me pick that up. Yeah, Spectrum one News. Anyway, uh so five hours of sleep, I went double okay, k dub that's right.
Speaker 1: So cole Brew.
Speaker 8: Phil's was out of my col Brew mission cole Brew, so I had to go to Blue Bottle cole Brew. Yeah, that's a real pick me up. And I might do an excel before first pitch today as well. You ain't messing around with the accelerator. Date, how much do you think they're going to be taken in the bullpen? As far as the energy goes?
Speaker 1: That's how much all of it? A lot of it.
Speaker 8: Somebody suggested maybe a talinol or in a leave as well, with an accelerator.
Speaker 4: Chase it with an accelerator. That's not a bad idea. Well, you know we used to say in that you know, he used to take two pills before football practice to bring back to football, and we'd say, why are you taking those two pills. We say, I got a Papa doucer to kill the chicken in my arm. Well, you went through a lot more pain than I ever did. Petron, I don't know, Dan. I couldn't man it last night. I couldn't have made it. I tapped out and went to sleep. Here walk up and looked at the score at five in the morning. Hey, you'll appreciate this. Kershaw on the third inning getting ready to pitch.
Speaker 8: At some point was doing his normal pregame rotation downward.
Speaker 1: Doggie like cetros. I saw him to a crow po Yeah, there we go.
Speaker 3: What about the uh Yama versus SNeW What? What was behind Yama instead of Blake?
Speaker 1: I got a great story for you. Here we go.
Speaker 8: I talked to Dodgers pitching coach Mark Pryor earlier this afternoon, snow trying to push to pitch last night, but they said, absolutely not.
Speaker 1: We need you for Game five, Mark Pryor told me.
Speaker 8: In the tenth inning, Yamamoto was staring Daggers at him from the far end of the dugout to the near side where he was standing next to Dave Roberts, and Prior's like, absolutely not, absolutely not, and will Ireton came over and was trying to talk to him, to convince him, relaying a message, and Prior's like, you know what, no, no, And then as it got closer to the eighteenth inning, they said, all right, go down there, get loose, see.
Speaker 1: What you got. And this is similar to the story of orrel.
Speaker 8: Herscheizer in Game four of the eighty eight NLCS, a day after pitching a complete game here at Dodger Stadium against the Mets. The parallels are eerily similar. Yamamoto, the last Dodger pitcher to pitch a complete game in the World Series, doing what the Bulldog did, or trying to do with the Bold forcing his way into that bullpen. And Prior told me he was throwing beebis down there, and he would have came in awesome in the nineteenth inning. So it was Yamamoto from the tenth inning on urging Mark Pryor and Dave Roberts to give him the ball. I know there's a language barrier, but that just shows you why Yama Moto is so beloved by his teammates, and that's why Otani and Roki Sasaki had their own celebration when Yama Moto came out of the bullpen after Freddy's walk off home run.
Speaker 1: They knew the sacrifice he was, they knew willing to make.
Speaker 3: I was thinking about it, and I was like, would have been awesome, would have been an incredible moment, but it would have completely overshadowed.
Speaker 1: Will Klein like it.
Speaker 3: Those four innings, I think if Yama Moto comes in, disappear because of that willingness, that worerior mentality, and it becomes a Yama Moto story. And I think those four the two innings from Enriquez, like, all of that kind of disappears because that becomes such a huge storyline.
Speaker 1: It does.
Speaker 8: And even with the Freddie Freeman walk off home run and everything Will Klein did, it wasn't lost on everybody what Yamamota wanted to do.
Speaker 1: All right, Dave, who are you looking at? I? Who are you eyeing? Eric Carross and his son Eric Carros.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it looks like Eric Carroll and Jared and Karen and Kyle, both of one of them just had Tommy John.
Speaker 1: I like both of.
Speaker 2: Them more than him. Well, you know that's fair. You got a terrible fight with him when we were hosting the show. Out of the day and there's still a steak hanging in the ballance. Dave, absolutely excellent work. I mean it feels redundant saying that to you. I love that you don't want to hear it. The only guys unbelievable John Guys. I here all night, last night, all day today.
Speaker 8: Part of the show gates all the mic Like the guy from Spectrum one News, did he grab it from you last night?
Speaker 1: Again?
Speaker 2: Dave Stave told me to get the guy a hard look because because the guy grabbed the mic.
Speaker 8: From Mondy to do a report, are you done? I was like, oh, Tommy, Edmond's coming right now.
Speaker 3: Okay, you almost punched Shaking in the face right there. You were trying to tap up one and Shakan was walking right by you and he had a duck out of your way.
Speaker 2: To send a message. Well, you know, it's a it's a low trajectory. That guy's like five to four exactly. Is the only guy here shorter than passing?
Speaker 1: How should you know that?
Speaker 4: Alejandro Kirkus two hundred and thirty fives.
Speaker 2: If they have to mention it every single time, I know he's a butterball. Would you leave the guy alone? For God's sakes, the one and only David vasse awesome.
Speaker 1: Work on FI seven LA Sports.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back with more great sports talk on You're Home of the Dodgers Live before Game four from the Dodger Dugout, it's Petrosen money. With the sun beating down and the East Coast media melting.
Speaker 3: Big thank you to David vass A, big thank you to Will Klein and our dear friend Juan in Dodgers PR back from the field in our iHeartRadio AM five seventy LA Sports Suite. Many of our VIPs have arrived early. The excitement is palpable.
Speaker 2: Oh it's great down there, but it's not like it was yesterday. It's filled in, there's no doubt. It looks a little bit more like it did yesterday. But I think people are a lot like the bats in the in the extra innings Conzado, Matt, A lot of.
Speaker 4: People are tired, dragging a little bit long last night, except for David Vassa.
Speaker 1: He's all led up.
Speaker 3: Like he said, he legitimately wanted to go another hour, but he felt bad for Colin Ye back at the station and being the team player that he is because they did have a full board of calls. Everyone was freaking out. Why not keep it going? It's the world series. There's only a maximum for more of these. But I think save David Bessay.
Speaker 1: You're right.
Speaker 3: Everybody dragging ass a little bit down there, and I would like to come in Producer Tim Kates and the Petrosen Money Show. Could we have banked and not bank? Could we have pulled another two to three guests? Absolutely everybody was looking at us like, I want to be part of the radio.
Speaker 4: You're right, but we said we'll be back tomorrow. I want to be part of this conversation.
Speaker 3: We'll be back tomorrow. Yeah, tomorrow, we'll have that conversation with you.
Speaker 5: One of the guys down there that we could have talked to if we wanted to, it will say for tomorrow is Cole Tucker.
Speaker 1: He had the curly hair. He's with Sirius XM Radio.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he is a former pirate, played with the Angels at the end of his career and he's married to Vanessa Hutchins.
Speaker 1: Is that right? Oh, that's that guy.
Speaker 3: Congratulations to the young couple. They just had a kid or something like that. Yeah, to go, So we'll get cold talk tomorrow, beautiful. We're so the young couple. Sadly they're both in their fifties now.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Speaking of pop stars, last yesterday, part of our great battery of interviews, when we went down there was Brad Paisley and he sang the Dodgers anthem yesterday. And there's that weird stat where he sang the anthem in the Last Game three twenty eighteen eighteen in in game and that's pretty weird. And the Oak Canada guy, JP Sacks no relation to our own Steve Sacks Saxe?
Speaker 1: Is this guy different spelling?
Speaker 2: He messed up the words and the Canadians got mad as hell.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that it is Sacks a Canadian. No, oh that's not good.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Oh wait, Steve Sacks is from Sacramento.
Speaker 4: No, no Sacks Sax, JP Saxy.
Speaker 2: I have no idea if he is. But he screwed up the words. But one thing, he's from Toronto. There you go, so bab okay. So if he's from Toronto, he's one of their Yeah, he's one of their own. It's not our It's not like we had Snoop Dog sing Oh Canada.
Speaker 1: And he screwed it up, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But what's interesting I heard Steve Sacks say the real ass Steve Sachs, not the not the one that screwed up the lyrics to Oh Canada. I heard Steve Sacks on Scam talk about how he well, you know, he's very patriotic. Steve Sachs is a real American. And he when it was a player, would get very very upset if and he said this word star search, if they would star search the anthem like no, no, no, no, like sing it all wacky, like oh, do your own rendition. And Steve Sacks says, if you're not with Whitney Houston, we don't want to hear you star searching. And he relayed two stories that I thought you would find interesting.
Speaker 1: I heard this on Scam yesterday.
Speaker 4: He didn't like the Fergie national anthem. Well, he didn't even mention that one. He mentioned some from his time. He said, Kenny G.
Speaker 2: Petrosen money public public enemy number one, no doubt the genus he blew us off said he could do an interview for thirty sec.
Speaker 1: Thirty seconds, dude, so there's thirty seconds.
Speaker 2: There is nothing we want to do with you for thirty seconds, you curly haired idiot, get out of here. And he was star searching, as Steve Sack said, on his saxophone thing and making all kinds of notes that weren't supposed to be in there the way Francis Scott Key's attended intended, and Sacks threw a ball off his ankle.
Speaker 1: He fired one at his legs while he was playing the anthem correct or made right after.
Speaker 2: And then another time, Sack said, he was in the dugout and Donnie Osmond, of all people, was singing the anthem, and he was like five yards from.
Speaker 5: Sacks in Minnesota, there in Minneapolis, of the old Dome there in Minneapolis.
Speaker 1: And that's you're saying that.
Speaker 4: Donnie Osmond started to hot dog it a little bit, started to star search it a little bit, you know, rockets rid glu and he said, I turned right into his face and booed loudly, boo boo. And Kate was like, oh my god, what did Donny Osmond do? And and Sax was like, Donnie Osman ain't gonna do nothing. What's he gonna do? Donnie Osman ain't doing.
Speaker 3: As I just realized I thought, and I think obviously we're so far removed, and we have so many incarnations of America's Got Talent, American Idol, the.
Speaker 4: Voice, Star Search with star Starch with Eth ncmahon your yes, yeah, that our search that was that was the original.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And there's a lot of stars that came out of Star.
Speaker 4: Star Search was the original Gai.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean we have so you think you can dance? But does anybody really remember solid Gold.
Speaker 4: Because sold Ontario dude forever he used to pop Area can Dance fever, Let's go solid Gold Dancer.
Speaker 5: Said that John Shelby and other teammates used to kind of give him the heads.
Speaker 4: Up who was thinking that they would hear the rehearsals yea, and who was gonna hot dog it? And they would tell him to not come out because Sacks would cause a problem like he did throwing the ball off of Kevg's leg or booing Donny Osmon right in his face. You gotta ask him about more examples, Kates.
Speaker 2: But tonight they have Tina see Tennische Tinache a pop star. He sounds right, he's gonna sing the national anthem.
Speaker 1: And Debbie Cox, Deborah.
Speaker 4: Cox, Debrah Cox is doing o Canada.
Speaker 2: She's gonna do oh Canada, and she is not a Canadian. So those are your two anthem singers tonight and it should be a lot of fun at Dodger Stadium, although, as you said, Matt, there is a little bit of ass dragon out there.
Speaker 1: It is wild that Brad Paisley.
Speaker 3: We asked him what his record was and he's only sung it three times. Last night was his fourth, I believe if I could remember, he said, I'm gonna go to and oh because I'm not counting twenty seventeen with the cheaters, right, so last night would be just his fourth time singing the anthem since twenty seventeen here who knows where, and we got two eighteen inning games out of it. Just how like the Quittci it is to have the same anthem singer.
Speaker 1: What about them?
Speaker 3: I mean, if it's the Lakers and it's Jeffrey Osbourne, because he's saying it nine thousand times for the Lakers, that's one thing.
Speaker 4: But four times when you get two eighteen inning games out of it, and they used to run Osborne's record up there too, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: But yeah, the.
Speaker 2: Paisley thing is crazy, and the baseball side of it, the eerily similar stuff between Oral Hirscheizer coming in and Yoshi Amamoto, pretty awesome warming up last night that we got from David Vasse. All of it piques the interest because, let's be honest, this is a historic time and if you're a Dodger fan or a fan of Dodger Radio, you really are a spoiled rat bastard. And we all are getting to be here being around all these people and the World Series being in Dodger Stadium with a guy like Shoe hal Tani performing and guy like Clayton Kershaw ending his career, Guys like Freddie Freeman and Bookie Bets running around out there, and then the wild card part where you get a guy like Will Klein and he makes an impact and he was on three different teams and playing had a seven era with the Reniers in Tacoma earlier in the year. I mean, it really makes for a special situation that we all get to be part of them because we're Dodger Radio.
Speaker 3: The one thing that threw me off last night on the national broadcast was.
Speaker 2: Joe Davis taking a pain pill and showing everybody that his voice was hurting.
Speaker 1: No I didn't notice that. I wish I had. I'm taking a pain pill and you see smokes like.
Speaker 3: Booh the when Kershaw gets hot, and as we said down there with Dave, yeah, it was incredibly emotional. It was a relief for all the Dodger fans. What a great season he's had to be able to get out of that.
Speaker 2: Nobody wants to see him get scooped anymore in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Matt, especially the way it went with Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: It's like watching Rocky get punched in the face over and over by Drago.
Speaker 1: You just don't want to watch it anymore.
Speaker 3: But it was hot that Joe Davis would then announce and that's likely the last time we'll ever see Kershaw pitch, and it's like he got one out.
Speaker 1: He threw seven pitches. You do realize that.
Speaker 3: Every single one of these pictures in the bullpen were used. Joe Haletani was on base nine times and he's starting the game trying to me at night, I mean.
Speaker 1: Trying to be infiniti if you end up saying something wrong, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm guessing the said shots probably gonna pitch tonight.
Speaker 2: You could say it could be the last tight we ever see him. I mean, I know you've been talking for five hours and you're tired.
Speaker 4: Right, but it's just very odd to say, Okay, we're closing the book.
Speaker 3: That's the way we want it to end. That's the ending that I want. This is what I want, right, But no, I think they probably need him.
Speaker 2: And Vassa with a very good point that they are going to probably pitch him tonight. That's what he thought. So we will see how that plays out. And we have another hour a great sports talk live from the suite as the PA comes on and everybody becomes bludgeoned.
Speaker 4: So I'm going to go to the back of the room. I can't sit out here when the PA starts.
Speaker 1: It's unfortunate. It's all about us and what we need. Just play some yacht rock. There's brother how.
Speaker 3: He's not muffing with he's not messing with his hair like Kinny was. And that guy in between him is the real tall dude that's come on with us before.
Speaker 1: Very excitable.
Speaker 2: I'm got to tell you, Kates keeps a real good pipeline with MLB TV and MLB Radio.
Speaker 3: They do right by us hand scam, but you know what, why wouldn't they We're the Dodger station. I mean, what other local radio you're gonna give.
Speaker 2: With Rep says you are the best. We'll be back with more of the best. Petrosen money showing Amphire seventy l Squest.
Speaker 1: You're a home. We're gonna put your head in an effing
Speaker 4: Ratchet wrap a ratchet upside your head, but you're a home of the Dodgers.