Speaker 1: We are back with second date update. Let me explain how it works. So you go on a first date, you get ghosted, you call me and we get your date on the phone and with you listening in and try to figure out if something went wrong or if we can grab a second date. Sometimes it's a misunderstanding. So let's say good morning to Sean. Sean, Hello, Hey, good morning. Hey man. I want to hear all about Isabelle. So let's start with, like, how you guys met and then tell me what you did on your first date.
Speaker 2: Well, we met on match and that was great. Everything was really great there. We met up for dinner. We went to a Thai restaurant, which again really great. I thought everything was going well. Man, She's incredibly cute. She just seemed like this is going to sound corny, but she seemed like real. She seemed grounded. You know, she did that thing where when somebody laughs, they laughed with their whole body.
Speaker 1: Yeah that was her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was her. We kind of clicked. I thought. We talked about we love both of dogs. We both are joking that were dog Parents, some of our favorite shows. We both love cooking shows. We talked about the worst states we'd bet on, so I thought everything was good.
Speaker 1: That's funny because I just took a cooking class last week and it was ty food. I think this is fate, Sean. I really do mean we're cosmically here together. So okay, just to recap, though she has ghosted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I guess you could say that.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, So here's what I'm gonna step in. I'm gonna have you go ahead and mute your phone, and we're gonna call her and see how she felt about the date. Second date update brought to you by my people at Pomponio Ranch Meats. Handcrafted beef jerky packed with bold flavor, made from premium ranch raised beef right here on the San Mateo County coast. It's the Bay's Beef Jerky. Go to Pomponio Ranchmeats dot com use my code Marcus fifty for fifty percent off your first order. So I've got Sean on the phone. He went out with Isabelle after meeting on match. They went to Berkeley for some ty food. Great first date, super cute And you said she laughs with her whole body? Is that right?
Speaker 2: Shoulders, neck, stomach, like the whole laugh it's great.
Speaker 1: All right, let's call her trying to figure out because I know she's ghosted's go ahead and meet your phone. We're gonna give her shout right now, Okay, all right, thank you? Hello, Hi, I'm looking for Isabelle. She available.
Speaker 3: This is Isabelle.
Speaker 1: Isabelle Hyatt's Marcus from Star one oh one three. How are you? Good morning, Marcus? Hey, Hey, do you listen in the morning?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I definitely do. I know who you are. I know. Second date update? Great, So that means somebody's on the phone.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well you're ready to go?
Speaker 3: Huh, yeah, I already know.
Speaker 1: I know, all right, right right, Yes, I've got Sean on the phone. Are you okay if I bring him on and talk about your date?
Speaker 3: I mean might as well. We're already, We're already here.
Speaker 1: We're here, Sean. Hello, Isabelle. Obviously Sean would love to take you out again, and he enjoyed your first date. So did you ghost and if so, we'd like to know what happened?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, yes I did. I don't normally do that, but look, he's not Sun, You're not a bad guy. I just felt like things were super awkward.
Speaker 1: Okay, why where we sit.
Speaker 3: Down and order something to drink and he tells the server like right away, Hey, this is a big deal. I don't go on many dates, and so can we, like, you know, have some kind of thing to celebrate this date. It was just kind of awkward. I just kind of let it go because yeah, like it's a first date.
Speaker 1: Who doesn't like to be celebrated?
Speaker 2: Am I right?
Speaker 3: Girl?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I wasn't expecting it.
Speaker 1: So, okay, this is where you tell me there's more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely there was more.
Speaker 2: So okay we started.
Speaker 3: He asked me, like, what was the worst date I've ever been on? Sometimes him and he leans in and he's like, hey, this is going way better than my therapist that it would.
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 3: I didn't get into it. I kind of just laughed and I don't know, I don't know what how to take it. So yeah, like there was just a lot of moments like that. It was just like comments he would say. And then towards the end of our meal, he looked at the couple next to us and he asked them to rate our chemistry on a scale from one to ten. He just asked this quote I don't know. I thought it was so weird.
Speaker 1: Okay, Sean, let's go to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: I'll let you slide on the whole. Let's make this a huge deal with the server thing like that. Okay, but then, look, I'm a big proponent of mental health and stuff, but that might be a little much about to comment with your therapist or whatever that was.
Speaker 2: I told Isabella, I've not really done a lot of this, and my therapist was kind of setting me up to manage expectations and it was going great.
Speaker 1: And then bugging of the other couple, I'm just going down the list here.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, you know, like you get excited about something, and I don't know. I guess maybe in hindsight it might just seem a little silly. But I wanted to see if other people were noticing the kind of fun evening that I thought we were having.
Speaker 3: But Son, they were on their own date night. They told us they have three kids. They were trying to just get out and relax. We should have just let them enjoy their meal, you know.
Speaker 2: I guess my thought was that was an experienced couple who might have some insight as to what's happening with us, and if it was going well, who better to tell us than those people, I guess.
Speaker 3: But they could have cared less what was going on with us.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I wasn't noticing that. I guess.
Speaker 1: Is it worth asking here? Is it about? Could we get a second shot on this? Sean's got a little self awareness here.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I feel like he might have some things he's got to work through, unfortunate. Yeah, that's a now, all.
Speaker 1: Right, hang on, please hang on, man. Sometimes they work out, but usually they're like that second date update