Speaker 1: Hey, howdy, Hello, and welcome to the last Nightcap of twenty twenty five. Here on seven hundred WLW, Gary Jeff Walker reporting for duty. And as you know if you've listened to me for a while, I love celebrating birthdays. I love celebrating my birthday on The Willie Show last Monday on the twenty second, but I really love celebrating other people's birthdays. And that's why every Saturday morning, when I open up my Saturday Morning edition around five point thirty five, I start the show with a list of history, news and notes tied to that particular date, including birthdays that you know of people you may know. And sometimes there were birthdays people that I know, people that listen and they request a shout out, and I'm more than happy to indulge that and to celebrate that special day with them. Whomever it is, it's celebrating the anniversary of their birth, the anniversary of the day that God put them on this earth. And tonight I'm opening this show by saying Happy birthday to Ron and Rick Pisqually. No, they're not married, except for the fact that they are identical twins and they are both friends of mine and today, on December thirtieth, they are celebrating another banner year of existence. And I tell you what couldn't find two friendlier guys. Two guys are more fun to be around, and I want to thank them for all they've done for me through the years coming to the bar. And by the way, this Thursday, on New Year's Day, will be celebrating a new year at Huddles, the place where I sling drinks for Hillbillies and others. And hopefully you at some point or another in the coming year. But I encourage you to come out on Thursday on New Year's Day to Watson Football with us, to meet the Pasqually brothers and belatedly celebrate their birthday with a beer or whatever whatever it is you choose to imbibe in. If nothing, the ice water is delicious and pure at Huddles. Well, that kind of brings to mind another thing. This could be the last hurrah for bars like Huddles. You know, twenty twenty five has been a really tough year for hospitality businesses all over the Trice, all over the country. Really, people's habits have changed. You remember famously, another Newport tavern, the Mansion Hill Tavern, nearly closed in twenty twenty five because of rising insurance costs and all kinds of other obstacles that small business owners are facing these days. It took a go Fundme page to revive and keep this icon open, which is a haven for great blues music and live music and their fans. Their patrons pushed them over the line and kept them afloat. I'm hoping you'd do the same thing for us at six twenty eight Mama Street. But Thursday at noon we will be open New Year's Day. Come by, say hello at least and wish the Pasqually brothers a very happy birthday. On tonight's show, Chris Horr, who is with SAT one two three, which is a communications company that Fame Lee helped in floodeds, floods and hurricanes with communication for people. You know, it wasn't just Elon Musk. But Chris Horror is going to be here to tell you how to prepare your family for the emergencies that may lie ahead in the new year. Hope you'll join us for that. We will do a replay of last Saturday's Rock and Roll Archaeology, the last of twenty twenty five with Jim Lebarber, the music Professor.
Speaker 2: Around nine thirty five or so.
Speaker 1: Just after ten o'clock is Eric Weir, who is a financial guru that you may not have heard.
Speaker 2: Of before, and he is.
Speaker 1: He's something else coming up in ten thirty five day Dave Hatter with a little tech talk leading into the new year. At eleven oh five, it's an hour of sports for the out of sorts, including our friend the fur Ball, Andy Furman, who has been with us all year long, and Dennis the wild Man Walker no relation. I swear so a fur Ball and the wild just after eleven o'clock, and Chris Horr is next that spelled hoaar on this last nightcap of the year on seven hundred WLW. As I mentioned, our first guest on this last show of twenty twenty five is a disaster response Telecom national security spokesperson for SAT one two three, Chris Horn. And as we head into twenty twenty six, the dangers that are out there in cyberspace and to your privacy and everything else, the onset of AI and everything else that is going on in our world now, how to be prepared and how to face those challenges for yourself personally as a business person, your family, Chris Horror, Welcome to the Nightcap.
Speaker 3: How are you.
Speaker 4: I'm good, So thanks for having me on today.
Speaker 1: So tell me a little bit about Set one two three. Again we've had a couple of guests, I believe, including you, on this particular topic. But real quickly Set one two three. What do they do and how are they helping people prepare well?
Speaker 4: Sat one two three dot com. We provide emergency backup communications for when the disasters strike and when the inevitable happens, you lose power and so on. We provide satellite phone, satellite internet units, and solar power portable generators to make sure that you can stay connected and stay warm during the next emergency event.
Speaker 1: Solar power generators do you guys? Obviously you're you're providing them or selling them. What does the advantage over say a gas powered or natural gas powered generator.
Speaker 4: Well, when the supply chain gets disrupted by a natural disaster or something west like a terrorist event, what you see is you see gas sales. Gas supplies brian out at your local gas station, your local hubway store. Because most businesses these days operated just in time delivery system, whereby they only keep free to five days worth of goods on hand because they know they'll have another.
Speaker 5: Shipment coming in.
Speaker 4: But when those shipments stop, you're not going to be able to get or you can have to pay more for the gas use of that generator, whereas solar power generators don't require anything like that. You set them up, you point the panels upward, and you have basically unending, limitless.
Speaker 2: Energy as long as the sun shining, right.
Speaker 4: As long as the sun shining, and of course the battery backups store power over night for when the sun goes out, and so these things can be used to the small devices for under hundred bucks. Can be used to power your smaller devices, phone staff, phone stuff like that starlink units. Bigger devices can power your entire house, including all your lights and all your heating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the thing that I would worry about, one of the biggest things I would be concerned with, is like a refrigerator. You've got your food supply there, you know, so you've got electricity to have a you know, a light on or powering your phone or communication device, but you don't have enough power to keep your food from going bad. That would be important, So you need one of those larger kind of systems for something like that. There's a report out that artificial intelligence is the new Cold War between the United States and particularly Communists. China claims that the new technology is the twenty first centuries Cold War, warning that the Chinese Communist Party is on the cusp of becoming the world's leader in AI. There is a great battle as to who will be the leader in artificial intelligence? Do United States still have a chance to overcome what China has done?
Speaker 4: Chris, Yeah, Look, I mean there's pluses and minuses on both sides of this. When it comes to China specifically, you know, they've they've seen this coming for a while, and that they've secured a sixty percent of the mining of rare earth elements that are needed to make and run AI data centers into power AI chips and so on, and they control about ninety percent of the manufacturing of that stuff as well. But the United States has maintained it's leadership when it comes to the development of AI programs and lms, So you know, it's six to one help dozen to the other. But I think what we should be worried about is China's heavy investment in electricity production and distribution badly seem to have an edge over ourself power grade unfortunately the whole, and not really ready to handle the kind of capacity that's going to be needed within the next few years to keep our AI growth going well.
Speaker 1: You know, part of the reason that China has maintained this ability to have great capacity for energy and electricity is because while they were insisting that the rest of the world rely on wind and solar, they were building coal fired and they still are building coal fired power plants many a week in China, while you know, they were talking about the West needing to reduce that with the Green New Deal stuff that was going on in this country, which is no longer going on at the rate it was, and the mandates are done thanks to Donald Trump. Do you feel like the United States has turned a corner when it comes to providing as much power and energy as we need to. One of the initiatives that President Trump has with the new AI data centers is that they become their own power plants, and they're using nuclear, they're using solar. It's an all in kind of approach now where the emphasis was just on wind and solar with the previous administration.
Speaker 2: Do you would agree or disagree?
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, I mean certainly some of that is I would agree with. I would also point out that, unfortunately, last the US developed next generation clear technology in the sixties and seventies, we just as quickly abandoned that, and when that information became declassified, China picked it up and ran with it and started making and producing more efficient nuclear power with less waste. And this is again technology we created didn't follow through on because of the you know, kind of pushback against nuclear in the seventies. But things like fossbree to react as molten salt core reactors are far more efficient, produce more power and less input and less waste. So yeah, on both sides of this, you know, China is you know, is searching ahead. And of course the CCP doesn't have to worry about regulations or environmental restrictions. They will do whatever they see as best for themselves and for their country, so they don't have to worry about what anyone else thinks. So you know, in that regard, they certainly have an edge there and are producing more power more efficiently and now.
Speaker 1: And Europe is certainly behind the eight ball on this because they abandon almost everything that wasn't part of the UNS push and the Paris climate talks and all of this other garbage. And now they're starting to realize, hey, we need to build some nuclear reactors again, we need to open those, We need to have more fossil fuel production of energy. But Europe is really behind the eight ball, aren't they. And that's why it's a race between United States and communist China.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I think you're correct in that. I would say that what we should be doing is putting more resources and effort into innovation, things like photonic STIPs that require less power to run these data centers, you know, so we can innovate our way out of some of this. But either way, we're going to need a modern power grid that can handle the kind of high capacity that's going to be needed. So it's one thing to generate the electricity, but if we can't move it, it's not going to really matter. So, you know, the President did sign the Genesis Initiative, is an executive order that puts a lot more focus and effort to this, and the Department of Energy is in charge of that effort. So you know, we you know, we might be playing catch up but you know the game isn't over yet.
Speaker 2: No, it's going to be.
Speaker 1: The report stated that the race for AI dominance will be one or lost in the next five years, So twenty thirty is really a target date to see who wins this race right now?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean, look, the CCP runs on these five year plans and the latest one just started this year and ends to twenty thirty, and their stated goal by twenty thirty is to dominate AI worldwide. And that's not just the production of the chips and so on, but it's also about the setting the standards. They want to set the standards for everyone. Here in the US we've longed for a long time, we've set the standards and controlled them on when it comes to electronics. But China, you know, paid attention to that, and now they want to make sure that they control the standards, the global standards for AI. And to go along with that, they're producing millions of new gadgets and so on that are all run with their AI said to those standards, and they're flooding the marketplace and the flood in the world with that. So you know, we need to be paying attention to an opal lot here, but certainly in the next five years, you know, there's going to be a lot of change and the race it may or may not be over, but we can't afford to take our eye off the ball and up for a second.
Speaker 1: So AI is not going away anytime soon. However, it is not the end all be all. I have a friend who is a tech talker who will be on tonight's program a little bit later named Dave Hatter here locally, and he said, there are still tremendous problems with AI, and the fact that it's going to take over everything is It's kind of not necessarily true because there are serious problems still with artificial intelligence, but you see it going unabated and being the dominant force in human life in the next ten to fifteen years.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm not sure I'm smart enough to give you a full prediction that's worth much, but I will say that certainly, you know there are problems. I mean, anyone any business owner who tried to implement you know, AI kind of as far as taking over various departments or systems will also have seen the problems that come with that. Even fast food drive through restaurants that have tried to use AI to take orders of had problems. So yeah, there are some very fundamental flaws with AI, and I don't I think you know, when the Industrial Revolution happened, everyone was like, oh, there's going to be no notable need for people, and you know, machines are going to run everything. It's like, yeah, there was certainly a shift in the workforce and the kind of jobs people did, and I think we're going to see that with AI. But you know, I think we need to be very careful about putting a AI in charge of vital systems and UH and weapons and defense. And you tell these when we don't fully understand how it works and why it makes decisions and why it makes bad decisions. Even the create you know, the so creator or godfather of AI, Jeffrey Hinton, I will tell you that that he doesn't believe that we fully understand how these these systems operate, how they make decisions, or why.
Speaker 5: And if we don't.
Speaker 4: Understand that, then putting them in charge of vital infrastructure and nuclear power generation and weapons is something we should be very careful about. And I also don't believe that the people making these decisions, the politicians, know anything more than anyone else, maybe even less. So we've got to be very careful.
Speaker 2: Here here here.
Speaker 1: I agree with that last statement, Chris, how heavily invested in AIS SAT one two three.
Speaker 4: Well, we, like other businesses, you know, are using it, but with caution. You know, it certainly can you know, uh, take over you know, kind of very basic operations or even complex ones. It can help with research and so on, but you know, we keep the human element very much involved.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: You know, we don't trust what we don't fully understand. Uh, you know, so we use it, but we use it cautiously, trust, but verify as our motive.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Any recommendations for twenty twenty six, so, I know we talked about having some kind of generator power that's off the grid, particularly solar. Any other kind of predictions for the year ahead, Chris.
Speaker 4: Well, unfortunately, I think we're going to see more kind of attacks, more cyber warfare, more cyber crime. Earlier, you said that people are calling us the Cold War. I see it's very much a hot war, you know, just because we can't necessarily see it like you can see moments of troops and battleships and so on, the amount of attacks against the US government and US companies, the US individuals increases daily made more efficient unfortunately by AI. And we've just got to be very, very careful. You know, when you get a message from a company that looks like it's from them, and you know it sounds like it's from them, you know, be very careful because it's so easy to generate full websites that might look like a Google or an Apple or you know, utility company. But look at the r L. You know, you've just got to be more and more capful. And just because you might get a phone call from someone that sounds like your boss, it might be AI generated, you know, so you've just got to unfortunately beyond God more than ever.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll definitely be on guard for an AI generated Chris Horr.
Speaker 4: You're already took me to him.
Speaker 1: Damn I was duped again. Chris Horror from SAT one two three dot com. Thank you so much for your time and happy New Year, sir.
Speaker 5: Thanks mate, Happy New Year to you.
Speaker 2: You got it.
Speaker 1: Rock and Roll Archaeology a replay from last Saturday, coming up afternoons here on seven hundred WLW. Welcome back to the Nightcap on seven hundred w L W GJ. Dubbs in for another couple of hours here and in this hour somebody I probably should have talked to you about twenty years ago when I had more opportunities, say to grow my wealth, what little there is of it. This is one of the most successful and sought after financial advisors anywhere in the country, and he took insights and tools he uses and puts him into a book that's out now. I love the title of the book too, Who's Eating Your Pie? Essential financial advice that will transform your life without any further ado, Eric Weir, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: How are you.
Speaker 7: I'm doing great, Thanks for having me on.
Speaker 1: By the way, I found out in doing my research for this interview that you had a like a lifelong stutter, and yet you still were able to overcome it.
Speaker 2: I mean, number one, how did you overcome that? Eric?
Speaker 7: So I went to speech therapy at age five after a car wreck and a brain injury, and they said, well, that's going to be hard, Eric. Odds are you'll be a failure and reclusive and you won't amount to much because you're not going to want to take You're not going to want to engage in conversation, but that was really a setup.
Speaker 3: And then when she said, are you could view every obstacle as.
Speaker 7: An opportunity and learn to navigate those challenges, and you'll overcome more obstacles than most people do in a lifetime by the time you're eighteen. So that's how she framed it, and from age five, I've had that mindset. Every setback is an opportunity, every obstacle's an opportunity, every economic difficulty is an opportunity.
Speaker 3: How can I solve it?
Speaker 7: So that from birth almost has been my mindset, and that's been a big reframing that I do actually.
Speaker 3: Almost on a daily basis. And then ultimately, at age forty, I got over through gratitude.
Speaker 7: I was hearing a pastor talked about, hey, be grateful for what challenges you have, and I like it was a church service, and like I knew that Paul had.
Speaker 3: Asked for whatever.
Speaker 7: Throwing his flesh to be removed twice and got s his my grace.
Speaker 3: Is sufficient, So I'm I gotta want that answer.
Speaker 7: I'm kind of mad, right, I'll be deal with this for thirty five years, and I just thank God for the stutter And it wasn't overnight, but over maybe three years it went away. And I think what happened is I quit fearing.
Speaker 3: Interaction.
Speaker 7: I quit anticipating this stutter, waiting for it, and.
Speaker 3: I just said, that's just who I am.
Speaker 7: I'm just gonna roll with it. If I stutter, I stuttered, and I'm just gonna keep going. And at that point, that change of mindset is what really transferred my life.
Speaker 1: And that is basically a premise for everything that you teach now and you instruct people now, because we're all we're all encountering obstacles no matter what we do or what we have to work with. And you know, I've got a producer here at the station. I asked him all the time, and I've learned to stop asking him.
Speaker 2: I said, how are you doing today?
Speaker 3: Liam?
Speaker 1: He goes, best day of my life so far? He said, I pray for adversity. I said, yeah, I bet.
Speaker 3: I can tell you I don't do that. I get enough without having asked for it.
Speaker 1: So you are letting people in on the keys to what you teach and what you help people with your in who's eating your.
Speaker 7: Pie no matter where you are. If you've had a bad divorce, you've had a financial setback, bankruptcy, you know.
Speaker 3: Loss of any kind.
Speaker 7: There's hope for you, right, and you've got to start from a point of your gratitude from where you are.
Speaker 3: You don't make rass decisions.
Speaker 7: You take time and you get strategic, you get clarity, but then you take action. And when you take action doesn't always work like you plan it. You just just reevaluate and take more actions. The idea is slow, progressive change instead of a rapid result.
Speaker 1: One of my favorite movies, especially this time of year's probably my top favorite movie is It's a Wonderful Life. And there's a scene where there's the run on the bank and then the building and loan is under siege because you know, the financial picture is so bleak, and the character George Bailey played by Jimmy Stewart tells this group of people in his building and loan office when they're begging for money their money. He says, Potter isn't selling, he's buying, and why because we're panicking and he's not. So it's very key what you just said there to not panic, right.
Speaker 7: No, you just you just can't panic, and you've got to.
Speaker 3: You've got to realize that the ninety nine percent.
Speaker 7: People are going to panic if you make decisions out of fear.
Speaker 5: They're there.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen anything that worked out well.
Speaker 7: And what I would tell people just just avoid fear mongering, just you know, just think about you know your real results and and you know the economies is where it is. It's improving no matter where you are in your life or in your career, or just got to lay it off.
Speaker 3: I mean, don't panic.
Speaker 7: It doesn't help you get clarity, Take time, think, and then take action.
Speaker 1: We've all been told, or at least some of of us have been told, that the love of money is the root of all evil. Is it moral to want to build well for yourself?
Speaker 2: I think it's.
Speaker 3: I think it's let me reframe that.
Speaker 7: If I want to build it to live a lifestyle that's, you know, that's harmful to myself and others, then that's probably not a great idea. If I want to build it to a lifestyle that helps others, it helps myself to help others and help other people, and I think that's fine.
Speaker 3: So I think I think the biggest deal is is you know what's your purpose?
Speaker 7: You know, I can say just just something simple.
Speaker 3: I want to get to get a good shape for my health.
Speaker 7: Or you can say I want to get a good shame to show my ex they shouldn't have gotten rid of me. Right, they're they're both to get in good shape. But there's there's different motivation. One's a great motivation, others, you know, maybe not so much.
Speaker 1: Right, So, where where does philanthropy Where where does philanthropy fit into well building?
Speaker 3: That's a good question because you just you just.
Speaker 2: Talked about using wealth to help other people.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it is critical because you even if you're even if you have nothing like no dollars, go volunteer a half day of the shelter.
Speaker 3: It'll change your life.
Speaker 7: You'll read, You'll you'll you'll be covered up with gratitude your current situation.
Speaker 3: That's number one. Number two.
Speaker 7: As you make resources, give some away, it does two things. It gives It removes the poverty mindset that so many of us are under for the lack of the scarcity.
Speaker 3: If I can give a dollar to.
Speaker 7: Somebody not name me, and expect nothing back in return except trying to help them in their situation, I am giving away my fear of scarcity in that very moment. I'm no longer afraid of black. And second that just frees you know, whatever you believe in, it's just what comes around goes around.
Speaker 3: And the Bible says, you know, it's the only way.
Speaker 7: To to too, to challenge me. You know, see how how I am. If you're you know, you're you're you're giving them tithes and offering. So so, yeah, doesn't have to be sure. It's gonna be people that doesn't marry your faith, your religion. But it is a principle that just works.
Speaker 3: It for sure, if you give.
Speaker 7: Money away, you you begin to lose your fear of black. And second it begins to to build up h you.
Speaker 3: Know, uh, if you want to use the word car but I want to.
Speaker 7: Use it comes back to you.
Speaker 1: No, you know the Bible, what's the Bible say, It'll be returned to you tenfold, you know, shaking.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent.
Speaker 7: Yeah, restore houses will be fall and running over.
Speaker 3: So, I mean, that's that's the fact I've experienced in my own life.
Speaker 7: I've known I know a person who gives away fifty percent of what they.
Speaker 8: Make every year, and every three years.
Speaker 7: They tripled for the last thirty years, and now they give you way over a billion and now they give way over a billion years and it's a big organization.
Speaker 3: But I mean it's it's just in us.
Speaker 7: It's we We don't want to do that, right, And you don't have the it's started a little bit. You don't have the start of the big number. But it says in the word test me and see. That's the only thing in scripts, the test me, test me and see.
Speaker 1: You have helped a lot of people build wealth and grow from recording stars to professional athletes. How do you how do you help somebody who is not in that pay grade, like like somebody like me?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, you know, you just take a step back. I mean I can if I if I sat down there and say, hey, do you have a self storage in it? Maybe the answer is yes, maybe it's no, But it's one hundred and fifty bucks a month from Why don't you figure out how to sell that on on a Facebook marketplace?
Speaker 3: Get out of the cut that expense? You know, do you do you spend money? Do you go.
Speaker 7: Through your your automatic renewals?
Speaker 3: You have HBO Showtime, You've got these other do you need all those?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 7: That's you know, thirty dollars a month and just kind of look and see you. Now, you can't save your way rich, right, but you can begin to cut expenses a little bit, and then you redirect What if I redirected that to an S and P five hundred index fund. What if I redirected that to investing and launching my own business. What if I took time that I'm just watching television or I'm watching the Instagram or TikTok, and and I do a side hustle of some sort. Right, So a lot of times people are just one side hustle.
Speaker 3: Away from changing their life.
Speaker 1: The stock market has been reaching record highs recently, and it looks like there's really no sign of it slowing anytime soon. I almost kind of regarded the stock market in general as a big giant casino.
Speaker 3: Am I sure?
Speaker 2: Am I thinking of it the wrong way you are?
Speaker 7: And what I would say is it goes in cycles, and I We've had a great cycle now, So that means most people going, hey, I want to get in ten great years. Well, it's maybe you got to think long term because after up phases or sideways phases, down phases, all that happens. So if you if you put money in the market. You really got to think, you know more than ten years and if you and you don't want to look at it, but just do it, buying high by low by all the time, and you'll work out what you're effectively doing. If you're buy an index fund, is you're buying in the top us companies, You're buying Facebook, Google, Amazon, You're buying all these So you want to make sure that you're that you're you know, you're you're taking a long term approach.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, real estate that goes up and down. Two, we're in the middle of this era where the prices I think are really inflated. Man, they're they are way way higher than they were they were five years ago. And there's certainly I think in many cases overvalued right now. And we could face another another bubble that bursts very soon, couldn't we.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've been through. You got a real estate Livenince.
Speaker 7: I was eighteen, so it's nineteen eighty five.
Speaker 3: I've been through. I don't know how many.
Speaker 7: Bubble bursts and they happened, but I can tell you is there's nothing from nineteen eighty five that seemed overvalue, that's overvalued now.
Speaker 3: There's nothing from two thousand.
Speaker 7: When the tech bubble or two thousand and one popped, that was that was overvalued and went down forty percent. That even if from US highs overvalued. Now there's nothing from two thousand and nine to ten when that popped and things went down.
Speaker 3: Even before the highs, it's overvalued now.
Speaker 7: So you got to keep in mind the dollar loses half its value every fifteen years, so real estate, if it just keeps up with inflation, will go up fifty the next fifteen years. And that's that's it. So now are their pockets one hundred percent agree? Are there scarcity and there are more buyers and sellers?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 7: I agree, our interest rates up making home affordability more difficult. I agree. Oh those are true. But the whole idea is timing. So if it's long if you're playing the long term game, the short term doesn't matter as much. And that's the biggest thing. I want people to think. Perspective, not perfection. Perspective is I want to be a homeowner for the long term.
Speaker 3: Okay, how do you figure that out?
Speaker 7: And you know, I've bought homes at the top of the market before you know, and it worked out in one case, is my best investment seven years was underwater seven years, and then the area took.
Speaker 3: Off and it doubled in like the next five you know.
Speaker 7: So it's hard to it's just interesting to see. But it's just it's it's it's time in these markets. It's not timing, and many of us think we can time the markets, but it's just so difficult to do.
Speaker 2: How important is entrepreneurship in building wealth to you?
Speaker 5: For me?
Speaker 7: For me, it's it's it's how I'm wired, So it's critical I can build both quicker as an entrepreneur starting business or creating value than anything else I've tried. Not everyone is wired like that or even cares to do like that. There's entrepreneurship carries risk and a lot of things that maybe an employee does not do. An employee carries risks too, But I would say if you're an entrepreneur, there's a lot of things to try. If you're an employee and you look at the four oh one K plans if offered, and if you're an employee with a stable job.
Speaker 3: And you're you're still tight, figure out.
Speaker 7: A side housele you can do, you know, just just just something to create value for you.
Speaker 3: Over the long home.
Speaker 2: And if you're a salary too, it's just it's just a little bit.
Speaker 8: I mean, dude.
Speaker 7: For example, if I if I was, you know, home this week, and you know that their Christmas lights out, I hate taking that stuff down. Uh. And if you have, if you don't have a Facebook marketplace, I take down Christmas lights. You go to the house, look at out for how dollars they'll take down your life's two hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: Whatever the number is, right, put.
Speaker 7: Away your tree, grind it up for you. It's a number, right. And if you're doing it, you have a pickup truck, your real cost is just your time and and field field gallons of gas. Everything else's profit. So there's always something to do, and there's there's always an.
Speaker 1: Opportunity, and there's plenty to do that AI cannot do my word.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah absolutely, And.
Speaker 7: And really you know there's opportunity everywhere.
Speaker 1: What does it mean to Eric Weir when you hear the term rich being rich, what does that mean to you?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 7: Rich is really all about uh, it's individual, right, So I think I think a rich life would be somebody who has, uh, the relationships.
Speaker 3: They care about are still in their life, right. I think that's a rich life.
Speaker 7: Ultimately, I think a rich life is living a life that honors God.
Speaker 3: That's a rich life.
Speaker 7: I think that beyond you're talking about money, that's different.
Speaker 3: It's like whatever's comfortable.
Speaker 7: I know a bartender in New York who's married, loves talking to new people every night, He's made a good living, has a nice apartment, and he's thrilled. So that's a rich man from a fancier perspective, and in my view, based on what his objectives are. You know, So it's just what are your objectives and what are you looking for? And it's really different for everybody. Doesn't have to be a number. It's really it's it's a lifestyle and and doesn't meet your expectations.
Speaker 1: The book is Who's Eating Your Pie? Essential financial advice. It will transform your life. And I'll tell you what this this conversation has really opened my eyes a little bit too, because I'm just a schlve. I have my I have faith in God, I have a I have a Christian faith, and uh, you pointed to a lot of those kind of things that have helped you and can help others if they're so inclined. What what's one piece of advice from the Bible that you would recommend when it comes to building wealth overall.
Speaker 2: We've kind of talked about a few of those.
Speaker 7: Don't worry about tomorrow because tomorrow has enough to concerns for itself.
Speaker 3: That's as one of.
Speaker 1: My favorite I used that in a conversation with somebody just yesterday as a matter of fact.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: If the Bible mentions money over fifteen hundred times, it mentions love half that many times.
Speaker 3: So it's important.
Speaker 7: It's important, or it wouldn't be becovered so much. But it's just you know, it starts with gratitude. If you believe you don't own anything, you come.
Speaker 3: With this role with nothing, you leave with nothing. I mean, that's a great way to start.
Speaker 7: And then if you can help people along the way and create wealth for yourself and those around you, that's fantastic.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 7: But relationships are really of value. I've met billionaires they had no relationships and they were.
Speaker 3: Not happy people.
Speaker 1: Oh I know, yeah, same way here, Eric, we are a real pleasure to talk to you. Thanks for taking time and the happy new year. I know twenty twenty six has got a lot of obstacles and you say that means a lot of promise, right, it does.
Speaker 6: I'm ready fantastic.
Speaker 2: Well, great luck with the book too. Who's eating your pie?
Speaker 3: Bye?
Speaker 7: It's my pleasures, my pleasure, and thank you so much and I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Eric, we are thank you so much. Man.
Speaker 1: What a what a delightful conversation. Who's eating your pie? If you're looking to build wealth, if you want some good advice about your finances, no matter where you are on the financial letter, and I'm kind of way down here. It's the nightcap and we ain't done yet. Seven hundred WLW Yes, tis the nightcap. As we continue on this Tuesday evening. Up next, our cyber sleof the guy is always checking for you dangers that can be found everywhere online, in the digital world, the Internet of things world in which we live.
Speaker 2: Dangerous Dave or.
Speaker 1: Doomsday Dave, whatever you want to call him from intrust it to us. Tonight, our old friend Dave Hatter rejoins, how is your Christmas Day?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I'm parry chat. That was pretty good, kind of low key. Got spent some timeless family at some time off, so you know, all in all, can't complain that's you.
Speaker 2: That's perfect.
Speaker 1: Winton saw my parents down in Middle Tennessee for Christmas Eve and part of Christmas Day and drove back home. But it was fairly low key family. Everything that was important we got to do. So you know, that's all that matters to me. I don't need the big wow Christmas anymore, that's for sure. You and I have talked extensively about avoiding Google at all CAUs Yes, but I saw this story and I wanted to cover what it was and have you kind of expound upon it. The basic five words are change this Chrome setting.
Speaker 2: Now what are we talking about?
Speaker 5: Well, first off, I would recommend to all of your listeners to stop using Chrome and use a privacy friendly browser like Brave, Firefox, Safari something like that. You know, if you're on an Apple platform already, Safari is pretty pretty privacy friendly, pretty secure. That would be my recommendation. You know, I have an Apple phone, but I have Windows based devices mostly otherwise, so you know, I'm not using Safario on those Windows devices. I'm typically using Brave or Firefox, So that would be my first piece of advice. But if you're going to continue to use Google Chrome, which is still the most popular web browser out there. And also I wanted to make a quick point of distinction because I think people get this confused in their mind when you say, like Chrome, Google and web browsing search. You can use the Google search engine from any web browser, right. Web browser is a piece of software like Chrome or Microsoft Edge or Firefox or Brave that allows you to access sites on the Internet, including the Google Search engine or other search engines like the Brain search engine or Duct, douct Go or Microsoft Being or something. I think a lot of people kind of get this all mixed up in their minds. You can use the Safari browser on your Apple phone to use the Google search engine. I wouldn't do that either, by the way. I would use a different search engine that's not related to Google personally, again, something more privacy friendly like Brave or Duct dot Go or something like that. But the web browser is the software that gives you access to websites on the Internet, right, And it's pretty ubiquitous now. Most people spend most of their time in a web browser, whether it's for work or education or pleasure or whatever. Google Chrome is still number one by a pretty good margin, and you know they've enhanced its capabilities over time. It's got to build in password manager and and one of the things that they're pointing out of this Word's article. And I would encourage people to go read this whole article because it's not only got some detailed information, but also some specifics about how to change very settings. But it points out something that security experts have worn for a long time. You should not no matter what web browser you use, whether it's Firefox, Brave, trem or whatever, you really should not save your passwords and other information like your address, credit cards. People have gotten into the habit of okay, the web browser when you go to a fill out a form to buy something online will ask you, do you want me to save this right so that it can auto fill for you in the future. Well, that's a bad idea. And that's really what this article is about. It's about storing that information, thinking across browsers, the amount of it, or across devices. You may have an Android phone, a Windows desktop, an Apple tablet, and if you're using Chrome, you can sink all this stuff across all three. So if you have the same information available in all places. And the guy that wrote this is pointing out how that's a bad idea and that stuff can be stolen. And again, carries you have experts have worn for a long time. Do not save your password in the browser's password manager. It's not as secure as like a separate third party password manager like one password. So again, I know I've been rambling for a while here. It really is important for people to understand this. Again, this article gets into some pretty good detail. I would advise I agree with the author. I would advise you against at the very least storing passwords in your browser. Get a third party password manager again, something like one password. There are plenty of good options out there and you will be much better off.
Speaker 1: And by the way, one password is not a good password. It may be a good third party third party password manager, but not a good password. Chinese criminals are trying everything they can to steal your credit card, therefore steal your money, and they can do it with one text.
Speaker 2: How does that work, Dave?
Speaker 5: Yeah, So this is an interesting video Wall Street Journal put out that really walks through the scenario of how this can be done and how easy it is. And you know, people ask me all the time, well, okay, I get these random texts you know why am I getting it? Well, first off, you've got to understand the phone system was designed a long time before anyone had any idea of how it could be used to create spoofed voice calls, text messages, et cetera. So it's sort of inherently insecured. It's low its layer, and the Internet technology that's laid over it has a lot of the same problems. A lot of this stuff is designed in the late sixties and early seventies when people did not envision how it would be used in the future, so it doesn't have inherent security. It can be layered onto it retro fitted in. But for the most part, a lot of this stuff, as the most fundamental layer, is just inherently insecure, which makes it easy for the bad guys to spoof things, as you and I have discussed many kinds, whether it's an email addraft that looks legit although it's not, or a phone number that looks but not. It's easy to do. Also, US phone numbers follow a predictable pattern. You know, I can know I can look at a phone number and no three digits, three digits, four digits. It's trivially easy to write a program that would literally create every conceivable phone number based on those patterns.
Speaker 9: So the idea that whether I've got I've bought data off the dark web of actual legitimate phone numbers that have been captured and stolen, sold, whatever, or i just generate phone numbers following.
Speaker 5: That pattern right one one one one one one one two. It's easy to do. So that the idea that someone can send you a text or frankly, make a voice call, a vision call, a voice calls you, it's a piece of cake. And sadly, you know, when you get the inbound text or the inbound call, the number it came from can be easily spoofed, so it might look like it came from the five to one to three area care, it might look like it came from your bank or whatever. So you know, when they do these attacks, they're relying on the ease of spoofing. They're relying on the ease of just blasting out hundreds of millions of these things. They're relying on the fact that a lot of people don't really understand how this works. And then of course they're trying to socially engineer you. And then this Wall Street Journal article it's actually a video that demonstrates how this works. They put out that apparently on one day in September of this year, three hundred and thirty thousand. I'm kind of surprised that that low. Three hundred and thirty thousand fake text were sent around this toll road scam. But I also want to drive the point home. You know, that's just one of many scams. I didn't your package is delayed, there's fraud on your bank account. My second oldest son got one of these yesterday. He got a text It claimed that a Venmo payment was going to be authorized on his bank account. They had the right banks for this. Now, is that coincidence? Maybe? But again, so many bleaks, breaches, your records are all out there. It's not hard for criminals to buy data about you and what bank you use, right, That's one of the tricks they use from the social engineering angle. So we got to text, oh, you know this payment is going to be authorized. If this is illegitimate, you know, click here, call this number whatever. So you know, again, I want to drive the point home. They are coming at you with every kind of scam under the sun. The toll road thing was one and then they show you in this article, how one you when you take debate right, okay, pay this toll or we're going to repossess your car or whatever they're claiming. Right. The social engineering piece and one of the pieces of advice the guy gives out is, you know, in genle and you and I have said this many times, stop and think, but someone is not going to put you in jail or repossess your car for six dollars and ninety nine cents. It just it doesn't make sense, right, So you know, always the advice is awareness, awareness that these things are happening. Stop, take a breath, think about what they're asking you to do, and then you know, go out of ban if you and to verify if you really think that something.
Speaker 2: Like this is legitimate.
Speaker 5: Don't call the phone numbers. They could be fake and going to some call center full of con artists waiting to scam you.
Speaker 8: Don't click the link.
Speaker 5: Certainly, don't enter your credit card or any other kind of sensitive information. If it claims to be the Ohio Turnpike authority, then you go to the Ohio Turnpiple look them up on your own and confirm this stuff. You know again it's just awareness, but they show how you know, once they have your credit card number, especially if they're in a place like China, they won't even use it there. They will literally have people somewhere back in the United States like mules essentially, and they'll send the information to them and have them start buying stuff there so that it takes longer for your bank to trigger the fraud. It's suddenly purchases are being made from China or so Malia or fill in the blank, and you're an American citizen. Well that you know, most banks have some very elaborate and very capable fraud detection, but if the purchases are being made in the United States, that's a lot less likely to trigger that. It's a pretty interesting expose. As always, be skeptical. Understand that they're making millions, if not billions of dollars with these scams of ESJ and this thing says, you know, experts have estimated that that's just the cold scams that generated over a billion dollars. Sozy, you know, they're highly wised, yeah, to keep at it, and you know, expect expect more of these things. They'll just keep changing the messaging and you know, trying to pray on. So it's sad, but it's predictable because it's easy and they're making lots of money.
Speaker 2: I think I told you a few weeks back.
Speaker 1: I've got a call from my bank with the bank number on the phone, and it was obviously a scam, and they wanted me to give the last four digits of my Social Security number to verify and instantly. Because of all your fine tutelage over these years, and because I stopped and thought for a moment, I said, you know what, I'll contact my bank, thank you, very very much. So one bad Apple can spoil the whole bunch, or did, at least in one case, somebody purchased at a brick and mortar store. I didn't see where they purchased it, but it doesn't really matter where. They purchased an Apple gift card and they tried to use it, and because Apple said this isn't legitimate or it's not good Apple somehow wiped out their whole digital existence and took away their Apple ID.
Speaker 2: What's up with that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is a crazy story. And you know, I can only assume that what this person has written is true, and they have gone back in and updated their blog post on this. The major point in my mind of this is that not necessarily Apple is problematic. It's that we are increasingly reliant on all this digital technology, and we are increasingly in the graph, if you will, of a small number of large companies. You know, if you're in the Apple ecosystem with an Apple phone, and I know so many people who basically live out of their phone. I didn't even really use computers anymore. I'm constantly amazed, even like with my own kids, where they'll do things on the time little screen on their phone. When they could sit down at a full blown computer with a full sized keyboard and a big screen, it would be much easier to work. But they just don't do it. And you know, whether it's the Android ecosystem from Google on a phone or the Apple ecosystem or whatever, you have several large companies where your ID is now essentially controlled by them. And apparently what happened to this person is an Apple gift card was sold somehow something was off about it, and this person claims, now, again I can only go by what they're claiming that basically Apple somehow said, okay, this is fraudulent locked their account down, lock them out of their account. Well, okay, if you're on an Apple phone and you can't basically unlock your phone to get to all your apps, your banking app or whatever, and if you don't have a computer where you can access these things and know your passwords because you have a third party password manager that's not controlled by Apple, the Apple password manager phone, all of a sudden, you're basically locked out everything. Yes, now it's and that's the thing I again, people need to realize. If you get yourself completely locked into a single ecosystem where everything is in there and you are entirely reliant on that, if for whatever reason it goes bad, you lock yourself out. Because you know, I've seen people do this too, they get themselves locked out of something. And when you try to call Microsoft for Apple or Google and get help, good luck with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: All right, Well we've only got We've only got about four minutes for this last one, and this last piece is probably the most crucial one we've touched on the Department of Justice for the first time. It's a rare occasion. Offered a warning about the site seven six'. Four explain real quickly what seven six y four is and why they were warning people about.
Speaker 5: It, yeah seven sixty four is essentially a criminal online. Gang it's kind of come to prominence here, RECENTLY i, mean and probably six months, Ago i'd never heard of, this and then it's kind of hit the news because, essentially again it's a criminal. Gang they're typically extorting, people often targeting. Children it gets into something you AND i have talked about, before the idea of. Sextortion it's not always focused on. THAT i, mean when you really dig into, this and this was a report FROM Abc. News AGAIN i encourage people go read the full, story but you've got SOME doj officials now really talking about this and the crazy things these people are. Doing, again it often revolves around these people go. Online they pretend to be a thirteen year old girl or a thirteen year old boy or. Something they're in places Like, Reddit, Discord, slack video, games social. Media they're going to places where kids. Are they're setting up these fake, Profiles they're pretending to be other. Kids they strike up a, relationship build some. Rapport next, thing you, know they're asking for inappropriate pictures and that sort of. Thing and then as soon as the kid attends. Something then they're, like, oh, okay well now you need to start sending us money where we want you to start cutting yourself or just, again sometimes it's about, money sometimes it's not. So reading from this article before we run out of, time quote seven to sixty, four actors often groom the victims by first establishing a, trusting a romantic relationships before eventually manipulating and touristing. Them extremists control their victims through building immense. Fear they do it simply for the network's entertainment or the threat actor's own sense of. Fame the agent, said, now this is from AN fbi agent who was quoted in this. Article, again sometimes it's about. Money sometimes it's it's you, know for the reasons they stated here they the article goes into a lot more. Detail FBI's investing one of three hundred and fifty people across The United states suspect with suspected ties to seven sixty four or similar. Networks SO i think the real, Takeaway Gary jeff was around of time is parents need to warn their kids about, this this idea of. Sextortion you, know numerous people kids have killed themselves because of. THIS i saw a story the other, day AND i don't have it pulled up, here but like one, kid the parents gave him a. Phone he was online On instagram for something like three days where he killed himself because of. This so you, know parents need to be talking to their. Kids they need to make sure kids. Understand, again so much of this comes back to, awareness knowing that this kind of thing is out, there warning kids about, it talking to them about who they're talking to and what they're doing. Online and you, know it's a tricky job to try to understand what your kids are doing online because even if you block things at your, house they may go next door to the neighbor's house and do it right at the. Library so again awareness is. Key but if your average parent or grandparent reads this, ARTICLE i promise you they will be infuriated and terrified at the same time at the same. Time and it's really important to get the word out about this and warn kids, that you, know anywhere they are online where they can interact with other, people there's some risk of this happening to.
Speaker 1: Them know who you're talking to, Always and that's again on THE Abc news archives and just SEARCH abc in seven six' four dj you'll probably find. This Story, dave hatter thank you. SO Much A Happy new year, to. You sir what was always my.
Speaker 5: Pleasure, Here yes Happy new year to You and krista and all. Your listeners.
Speaker 1: Thank you we'll do some good, next, year hopefully because it's not slowing down.
Speaker 2: At all it's, All. Right dave thanks.
Speaker 1: A lot it's the nightcap and it continues with an hour of sports for the out, of sorts coming right up into the last hour of this last night tab of twenty twenty five before the witching hour, of midnight and. Joining us first off is, my friend the fur, Of All, andy furman is back for another bite at. The apple this is Two times i've talked to you. This week you're getting.
Speaker 8: Pretty exhamed i'm too many for a lot. OF people i guess you know you sound like you. Will do are? YOU tired i mean it's Not Even new? Year's eveiot, Come On i'm.
Speaker 1: I'm pump what are you? Talking about i've got lots. Of energy what's wrong? With you what's what's wrong with?
Speaker 8: Your ears, I'm fine.
Speaker 2: I'm hitting so what do?
Speaker 8: You do the finger?
Speaker 5: At me what do?
Speaker 1: You do what do you do to Celebrate the. New year do you have, A, Tradition, andy.
Speaker 8: No, NOT really. I don't i take it one year at. A time i'm. VERY hot i can make it to the, next YEAR and i Think This New year's i'll probably stay home because it, predict Snow and i'll watch the Of The. Cotton, bowl oh you're.
Speaker 2: You're right What's that Georgia and old miss that's a.
Speaker 8: Big, match, no Actually it's miami's going to be playing. THAT game I, Believe Miami, Ohio state.
Speaker 1: Miami ohigh That's, that's uh that's like it's, seven thirty so tomorrow it'll be done.
Speaker 2: By midnight i'll watch.
Speaker 8: IT again i watch do you?
Speaker 2: Do that do you? Go back and rewatch?
Speaker 1: Football games because we have all those, options now WE, got, Dvr now we've got replays all over. The, place SOMETIMES since i Don't Have amazon prime For the THURSDAY night, NFL games i love WATCHING The nfl network because the next day they replay IT and i just tell people at, the bar don't tell me. WHO wins i didn't see it last Night because i'm not.
Speaker 8: Paying for heavy duty season of college football intersecting WITH. THE nfl i can't watch all. The games if people, COME out i got three four TVs going on, at Once but i'll watch.
Speaker 5: THEM all.
Speaker 8: I can't i just can't. Do It so i'll watch one or two THE ones i really want, to see and the rest OF them i could go on line and get the highlights.
Speaker 3: And that's all you need.
Speaker 8: TO me i don't think anybody's going to turn a sports talk show on for results of. A game they just don't. Do. That really they may want to get a storyline in, the game like why why a coach would go for two rather? Than one like In that buffalo Game, On sunday why is he going? For two could have gone for one and gone to overtime For. The bills they maybe it could have won. An overtime that's what people want to, talk about, you know basically things within, the game but not actually they turned the game on for. The score. You, KNOW look i don't think anybody turns the game on for betting options. Or scores, you know give, me storylines that's what. They want but you, Know what i'll, tell you, that's creative. That's thinking and most of the people right now who do radio and sit behind, the microphone maybe even in the national LEVEL because i KNOW and, i listen that's what. They do was it's easy.
Speaker 2: That way this is they just talk about scores and. Betting, lines yeah.
Speaker 8: They, DO no i understand how betting lines have taken over and people are. Into it you can do it on your phone and they sponsor a lot of the shows and things. Like That but i'm not a GUY, at Bed so i'm not interested. In that i'm. Not familing and that's FUNNY because i worked at so many racetrasts throughout, my life and, you KNOW if i made maybe a total of fifty bucks, in best my entire life was. A, lot well, YOU know.
Speaker 1: I don't i don't make a lot of cocktails at HOME because i do that on a, regular basis three or four days. A week, You're RIGHT and i always wonder, about, chefs chefs, you know even. Executive chefs they don't come home and they're like cooking.
Speaker 2: A four or five course gourmet meal because.
Speaker 8: They do that on a regular to try out and see what other. Chefs do and maybe chefs that have so sort of a, you know, a reputation they want, to say he is he really? THAT good i won't, go.
Speaker 1: See Right but, i'm saying when he's, off work when he's not on, the job that's the last thing he wants. To do the LAST thing i want to Do when i'm not working at a bar is go out to. A bar people invite me all the time on my, off days, and, LIKE no i got my fill of that. LAST week i would, rather stay not even on the right side of. The bar i'd rather stay. At Home and i'm the same way under Your. Z eve we are going to friend's house tomorrow Night, In. Ripley ohio we're gonna leave in, the afternoon going to stay overnight and wake Up On New year's day and drive back And then i'll go. To work but as far as as far as going Out On New, year's eve those days are long over, for me and Not because i'm old. And tired i'm. Just wild, you are but.
Speaker 8: You are but they're. All over you've, been there. Done that you? Know What what i'd like? To see things that i'd like. To see i'd like to See The sioux Chef With jeff ruby steakhouse in front of me in the car waiting. For McDonald's THAT'S what i would like. To do things, Like that these are the things that go through. MY mind i THINK that i would love, to see.
Speaker 2: But you know.
Speaker 1: That happens, you know that's the last thing they want to do is go and buy and cook a nice uh chamel and uh, you know do a. Lobster thermidore you know they're not they're they're not dining out at a fine dining establishment if they work.
Speaker 2: In one and That's what i'm.
Speaker 1: TALKING about i don't go home and do radio SHOWS when i don't have a, radio SHOW and i barely listen to radio. AT all i always TELL people i don't Listen when i'm, not on and the ONLY reason i Listened when i'm on IS because i. HAVE to i have to listen to.
Speaker 8: You speaking to. RADIO shows, i mean people have asked me over, the years who the best guests? You have if? You listen may you go back and listen to. A show i'm gonna be honest. WITH you i DON'T think i have one of my Shows that i've ever done being on seven HUNDRED wow E With, fox sports Although the FOX once i could probably get because we got podcasts of all. Of them but, you KNOW and i, LOOK back, i mean there's no leading WHY would i, want them. YOU know i think, my son my, Oldest, son jake has saved a couple of my shows because he used. To listen he was enamored, with it, You know so he saved a couple. Of mine have no idea where. They are but have you saved? Your shows you.
Speaker 2: Keep them there are some in archive and there are some that.
Speaker 1: Are not there are some shows that are obviously special, to me guests that are SPECIAL that i probably won't, get, again like, For Example, kevin wade who was an executive produce and writer on the Television Series, blue BLOODS which i and my. Wife loved his, very popular long running Series With tom Selleck And. Donnie wahlberg but the writing and the casting, was excellent and a chance to pick his brain about one of my FAVORITE ever tv shows was special, to me and it was a. Great interview he was a very amenable guy and easy to. Talk to there are some, guests, THAT yeah i kind of prize and, go man that was a good GET and i probably should archive this and. Then Others, loll ponte a good friend of mine who passed gosh three four years, ago NOW but i have some of his shows LEFT because i just loved the tone and tambour of. HIS voice i loved what he said when he, said something and he was always saying, something intelligent aeradite, and thoughtful and he had great. Historical References so i've got Some lowll, ponte shows but other, than, THAT no, I mean.
Speaker 8: I wonder If The big one has some of those shows and.
Speaker 3: ALL.
Speaker 8: Kids, o hey it's FUNNY because i REMEMBER once I Had serena. Williams on that was a. Big one i'd love to hear, that again JUST how i SOUNDED what i, Asked her, I'm sure and when she came for the for the tennis tournament, IN town I had serena on and some of the Stuff With oscar Robertson And. Pete Rose but i'll. Never forget this goes back maybe about four. YEARS ago i was on On a saturday Afternoon On Fox sports radio and My partner STEVE and. I lost this, LAST time i forgot who was already we, would talk and He Mentioned. Pete ROSE so, i said do you want to Talk? To pete and he, says yeah said how can we? Do, that well after, this break we'll, get HIM and i called Him and pete went on after that we had him on for. Two segments it.
Speaker 5: Was great he.
Speaker 8: Was shocked he was SHOCKED that i could get on the poor in the Style Of.
Speaker 2: Pete. Rose interview one you'd like to have, For, posterity.
Speaker 8: Well that Was in FOX and i can probably. Get That But serena williams was on. Seven hundred i'd like to SEE if i can. Find that but it's not a. Big deal WHAT am i going to do?
Speaker 5: With?
Speaker 8: It really? YOU know, I mean i guess in your younger days you keep those because you send them out other radio.
Speaker 1: Stations as auditions, a, Resume right but you, know.
Speaker 8: What you don't even have to do that ANYMORE because i think various program directors have the opportunity to just go online and, here right.
Speaker 2: It's all over.
Speaker 1: Everywhere today you don't have to have a little cassette that you hope still plays to show somebody what, you did which was what it.
Speaker 2: Was in the.
Speaker 1: OLD day i did an Interview With, will purdue the MULTIPLE time nba champion And former vanderbilt, basketball STAR and i love THAT because i Was a vandy. BASKETBALL fan I Saw will purdue Play at vanderbilt and then With The chicago Bulls And San antonio SPURS and i treasured, that INTERVIEW so i logged that one and. Saved it let's see the radio Heroes that i've Had On american history on, the radio the Series that i've done here On the nightcap over, The Years, John Records land Decker, from CHICAGO who i grew up. Listening to I'd Gun, tom kelly who has a star On The Hollywood Walker.
Speaker 3: Thing ben channel since.
Speaker 8: Seventy three, Ye Yeah.
Speaker 1: Flash phelps i've got some Of the flash interviews saved because he's such a.
Speaker 2: Great travelogue GUY and i love.
Speaker 1: Stories about a guy who has been to all fifty states in all but about two, hundred counties and people seem to enjoy. Those, two SO like, i said there are, SPECIAL interviews i say this is probably not going to be one.
Speaker 8: Of THEM and i tell, you, what honestly to give some Kudos To matt reec from the, news department he's not a great job under one hundred years of seven hundred and some of the shows that he's pulled and you can get. Him Online so i've listened to some of those him. Been tremendous but, you know you go Back To flash PHELPS and i listen to him every now and again in the Morning when i'm not Listening To, tom brenneman and, you know he'll do trips and talk, about TRAVEL and i think that's the perfect thing people want to hear, upbeat stuff especially when the first thing in, the morning don't. YOU agree i turn on the radio, right now, And look i'm not a. Program director NEXT time i try to venture, to be want to be the, FIRST time i don't want to BE when i have no idea to.
Speaker 3: Do One but i'll tell.
Speaker 8: YOU what i having a cute ear, FOR radio i, really DO and I think i know what. PEOPLE like i KNOW what, i LIKE and i think they were kind of like top heavy and. POLITICAL talk i really Believe That jim scott was so popular and everybody. Loved him why he was.
Speaker 4: Right down in.
Speaker 8: The middle he was not a. Political guy and now you've got, political PEOPLE and i, gotta believe And maybe i'm wrong that when you take, a side. Believe It and i'm not telling you what side, to take but should one take a side behind the Microphone being Republican, And democrat you're gonna lose automatically fifty percent of. The audience you are that's how stupid these people are who. Talk, politics jim don't lose. Your audience the key is ratings. And revenue that's the key. For radio and do you want to get the radis how do you do that with.
Speaker 1: AN audience i have talked to many People About jim scott and my own personal experience with, The man god rest his soul was that he was truly curious. About people he wasn't that enamored. With himself he would introduce himself, to everyone but he was curious to know when he met people what they did, and uh what was.
Speaker 2: Going on in.
Speaker 1: Their lives and it showed on the air when he talked. To people he he had, that ability he had that knack to really genuinely sound like he cared about, other people no matter who, they were and and that was a remarkable gift to have and he shared with all of us for all.
Speaker 8: Those, YEARS see i would like to see Someone and, i'm like what? This week everybody is off on the. Big one but you know You Got mike Allen on andy and the phone, line handy? What?
Speaker 2: What what what do you mean? Everybody's off? I'm, ON.
Speaker 8: Yeah i mean you're on twice. A week i mean about the regular, Day shit.
Speaker 1: I'm On every saturday morning for almost twenty. Nine years i'm A, Regular.
Speaker 8: Friday friday Monday. Through Friday look I'M not i don't put you in, a Category but i'm talking about like say, WHEN slowan.
Speaker 2: I mean like and Also ran you're you're treating, me, like uh.
Speaker 8: You, know what the ONLY one i think the station. Does too so that's. Another story, ALL right i was.
Speaker 2: Going downhill, real quick, Go, ahead no so you brought. It up you, brought up you brought.
Speaker 1: It up, you said nobody's, this WEEK so i respect.
Speaker 8: A lot of people are up.
Speaker 2: This, week okay.
Speaker 8: That's why you feel There's For, bill Cunningham And mike allen was filling It For, scott SLOAN and i would have loved to Have heard mike allaner just open the lines your. Great stories you know who? Does that sterling does that. A lot what, you know up the positive conversation and he gets a lot of. Phone calls and people are interested in other people's lives and what they do or did you accomplish? This year what people are gonna laugh at me, and say, you know, oh stop it really is. Too, puffy no it's not would you rather talk about that or just a politician That HATE and i know it's, out there but you know you don't need to talk about that on. The radio you get that on. The news you don't need that on the. Talk show and they've gone away from phone. Calls too if you notice that he used to be. Talk radio it's not talk.
Speaker 6: Radio radio we're on a phone call.
Speaker 1: RIGHT now i have phone calls, every nightcap all, Night, long.
Speaker 8: Andy not, from listeners not.
Speaker 2: From listeners sometimes they.
Speaker 8: Are, Listeners okay i'm Just saying i'm not trying to. Be critical.
Speaker 1: You are you're being, over, critical HYPERCRITICAL and i think it's a d.
Speaker 2: THE year i think it's the way to end.
Speaker 3: The year.
Speaker 2: Correct, me so?
Speaker 1: How many how many listeners do you talk To On fox sports Thirteen SIXTY and I say.
Speaker 10: I don't you don't talk to listeners because On a, sunday morning On a, sunday morning you're you're going to get somebody who's hungover from the.
Speaker 1: Night before it's not going to, be interesting it's not going to be compelling to because most people are, just listeners they're, not participants and they don't want to be they want to, be entertained they want to hear. Something interesting they don't want to call. In that, you know the three people that call in, at NIGHT and i learned this a long time ago on. This show the three people that will call in from nine to midnight are either sick. Of fans in, other words they just want to kiss, your butt they hate you and they want to debate you, on everything or. They're Drunk and i've got no time for nobody else who's tuning in wants.
Speaker 11: To hire any of.
Speaker 2: That garbage and That's why.
Speaker 8: I'm on sunday Morning. ON fox i choose a Seven am, eastern time will be four Am. In la no one who's going to call me on the radio at four o'clock in, the morning, all right unless. They're, Drunk, really.
Speaker 2: No That's What i'm THAT'S what.
Speaker 8: I mean, I AGREE and i can't get a guest at. That hour who's gonna? CALL who i Wouldn't even i'd be embarrassed to ask somebody to be a guest at, that, HOUR right i go to sometimes ten o'clock in the Morning. On sunday still It's a. Sunday morning i'm not doing. That now during the Week, ON fox i call everybody we Had when mike D'Antonio Was Coaching, michigan's stay we, HAD him I Had. Bill belichick you named the guests we had him on Nationally on fox For Has Steph Corey's, steph curry he was a guest. With us i'll tell. YOU what i was shocked, with THAT and i thanked them big time because we had him on Eight, thirty easton which is five thirty his Time In. San FRANCISCO and i told my Co Host mike north at, the time there's no Way in God's Green Earth steph curry's going to be calling us at eight thirty. This morning is why? Is that as it's five Thirty In. San francisco he's not. Doing that you know what. HE called i have a new found respect.
Speaker 5: For him.
Speaker 1: That's wonderful And If steph curry would call, ME now i would dump your Call and i'd put.
Speaker 2: HIM on, i should and.
Speaker 8: YOU should i wish you know why.
Speaker 1: Why do YOU think i have? You on because you're like. A vampire you're always up at this HOUR and i love talking. To you so it's a it's a win win, for ME and i think it's a win for the listeners for the, most part because they always reference.
Speaker 8: And you know what, you're SAYING and. I appreciate i appreciate. THE accolades i need. To say it's a win for. The listeners you don't know that unless you open the phones after the conversation, and, say well what do you think what can we Do to we did this show at twenty Second.
Speaker 2: AND andy i know that they're not.
Speaker 3: Calling there, you know unless.
Speaker 8: YOU try i. Would try, you know when you, don't try that's when you fail. IN life i would say that you.
Speaker 2: Try that for five.
Speaker 1: YEARS show i tried that for five years on, this show and Nobody. Called andy and if, they did they were they hated me and hated, my guests or they. Were, drunk.
Speaker 8: Okay period It's what. I'm saying at the end of, the year say it's been a. GREAT year i appreciate. Your support what can we do to revamp? This show if you have any ideas that we're here to, take them, no calls you just.
Speaker 2: Move on how do you want to revamp something?
Speaker 1: That works if, it's broke don't.
Speaker 8: Fix it what are? The ratings, you know the ratings, you have you have the.
Speaker 1: Ratings work IT'S what i feel about how the. Show GOES and i think this is going swimmingly well except for. This conversation it doesn't work that way.
Speaker 8: In radio you know that you've been in radio. That long words, about ratings that's. The key i'll ask. Number one number two the thing that birks me more than anything. In LIFE but i turn on a talk Show and i'm not picking. On you i'm not when the talk show, host, says hey. Good evening my Name Is, joe blow and here. You go if you want to talk, to me here's. The NUMBER and i Talked To, daryl parks our film program there at their. SEVEN hundred, I, said darrow love to listen. To this the, guy says call me because You know, I'm HERE and, I, said darrell WHY would i? Call him he has nothing for me to. Talk about if he has a MONOLOGUE and i disagree, with it has all have a Comment and i'll. Call It and daryl looked at me, and says you, Know what you're a million, Percent CORRECT so i agree with you one. Thousand percent and he mentioned that in a staff meeting, one time which is something you probably. Never had at seven Hundred since darrow left the.
Speaker 1: Staff meeting why why are you bringing up old crap that doesn't matter?
Speaker 8: This month You know i'm a radio Savin an, Idiotkay okay see that's. Name calling the name calling has the sad for.
Speaker 1: The last fifteen minutes telling me how crappy my show is because.
Speaker 8: You you have a mindset. Of that you twist what. PEOPLE say, i look, you're successful you have. To be you've been there. This, LANGUAGE fine i.
Speaker 1: WOULDN'T be i wouldn't still be on the air if if it Was, all landy.
Speaker 8: No doubt AND unless i don't want to go down. That road you must want to happy to have, you there. All Right but i'm just saying unless. For me, FOR me i would like to find feedback, From listeners like what do You Think jim scott has feedback all. The time cunningham. Has feedback everybody. Has feedback you don't have feedback because YOU know o when the.
Speaker 6: Phone Lines That's jim scott didn't know when the phone lines once in Twenty, years andy the show.
Speaker 2: Was set the show.
Speaker 8: WAS set, i mean the show.
Speaker 2: Is set he had.
Speaker 1: A show who had, an idea he had, a plan he had elements that appeared.
Speaker 2: Every morning he didn't need callers and had the.
Speaker 8: Night show The callers billy cunning him. To night When when bill did ninth to midnight.
Speaker 2: Because he had, strippers on it's because he had. Strippers on yeah, He did sure, He did sure. He, Did andy we're out. Of time i'm.
Speaker 3: SO glad I think.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry this is this is such an. Upbeat way this is such an upbeat.
Speaker 1: Way to end twenty. Twenty, FIVE andy i am so GLAD that i had, you BACK and i look forward to.
Speaker 2: NEXT year i, Love You Happy new year.
Speaker 10: To.
Speaker 1: You bye in the words Of The great joe Nutxall rounding third heading for home on the last nightcap of twenty twenty five and joining, us now of course in our hour of sports for the out of sorts and. Other, things uh the one the only sports, commando Himself Wild man walker coming back.
Speaker 2: IN now i know you were able to unload some gou.
Speaker 1: Yesterday on willie's show when you called in after The second steage report and there was some good go in. THERE night i was asking inquiring ABOUT what goo is and how do you? Get it but apparently you say it's it's an. Internal thing did that Start with, andy McWilliams or where did that the goo things?
Speaker 2: Start Originally?
Speaker 6: WILD man i want TO say i heard it out of the Mouth Of, pete rose, really yeah or he would always say he would have He would now you KNOW what i THINK it's i think It Was, marty BRENNEMAN because I Think pete pete roseans will say case of, the ass you got a case of the.
Speaker 2: Ass, right RIGHT which I think i think is.
Speaker 1: MORE common, i, mean yeah IT'S more i, don't know it's more abrupt and more brash to say the one you Said that. Pete Said but brenneman dressed it up a, little bit made it a little bit more family friendly when he said.
Speaker 2: Of, THE goo i love case of.
Speaker 5: The.
Speaker 1: Goo, yeah now now how do you get the? Goo gone is there a goo be gone that you use other than just taking it off?
Speaker 6: Your chest you just get it off your chest and, move on or it might linger there for a couple of days if the topic.
Speaker 2: Is hot how long have you ever let a case of the? Goo Linger?
Speaker 1: Wild MAN because i think it's good to give up that kind, of stuff that. Negative stuff You.
Speaker 6: H let's go back to two thousand. And four Maybe When danny graves snitched. On Me that's i've still got to go, about That And i'll i'll never let that go.
Speaker 1: Never, ever well how is how does That Hurt? Danny graves it doesn't hurt him. At all it's poison inside. Your, system no it's.
Speaker 6: Not poison that feels good to get it out and let people know what a what a punk snitch, he was, you know like a little old maid running and tell.
Speaker 2: Him what did? HE tell?
Speaker 6: I forgot, He went he went and told then the media Relationship Director rob BUTCHER that i used the cell Phone Of ryan friel because my cell phone crapped out JUST before i was ready to do my final report back to the radio Station With, eddie Fingers With adam Dunn and Brian. Free was we had Just Hired ryan friedle to come on the air with us once, a Week So ryan frele had no problem.
Speaker 3: With IT and i.
Speaker 6: Went outside outside and used, the phone gave It to, adam done he Talked, to eddie he gave it back.
Speaker 2: TO me i took it back in to give It The ryan friole couldn't.
Speaker 6: Find him the phone, Was ringing AND now i Finally found RYAN but I.
Speaker 2: Noticed graves and saw me had the Phone To.
Speaker 6: Ryan, friole well then he must have stuck his nose in where it, didn't belong in which he really had.
Speaker 2: No business and he went And Told rob.
Speaker 6: BUTCHER that I Used ryan friol's. Cell phone Well, Then, Ryan Uh rob butcher had a major case of. The ass and it was.
Speaker 1: Not, pretty wait wait, a minute was not Pretty That rob butcher had? The ass and now you've got, the go what's the difference between a case of the ass and a case of?
Speaker 11: The goo?
Speaker 3: Wild?
Speaker 2: Man uh just? Butting heads?
Speaker 1: Butting heads so why would he have problems if You'd Hired ryan friel to do a report once a week. For you wasn't he technically also a station employee as well as A rede.
Speaker 6: You tell me it will both know exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: Would be there be no conflict there, at all?
Speaker 6: All RIGHT and i TOLD and i Said To, rob butcher what's the big deal he's going to work? For us and then he set a derogatory term in front of me and, then, said uh asking him to use his cell phone and was the most Unprofessional thing i've.
Speaker 2: EVER heard, i go what's the?
Speaker 6: Big deal, he goes give me your press pass and don't ever ask me for anything. Ever again and you know what that's when you know what hit?
Speaker 2: The fan so.
Speaker 6: They did you could have heard me yelling at him there three.
Speaker 1: Blocks away do you Think That rob butcher held on too that goo for a?
Speaker 8: Long?
Speaker 2: Time, no no maybe about.
Speaker 6: A year i made Up With rob butcher about three four years ago before he Left. The reds, YOU know i never think it was cool, between us, you Know But.
Speaker 2: Danny Graves that i'll. Never get i'll never forget.
Speaker 6: That punk because he had no business.
Speaker 1: Doing that so does It Make rob butcher a bigger man than you because he was able to let go of the goo and.
Speaker 2: You Can't i'll i'll let you make. THAT judgment I know i'm no good at. Judging PEOPLE lest i.
Speaker 5: Be.
Speaker 1: Judged, okay so so that, being said you had another phone issue a couple of. Weeks Ago and i'm only bringing this up because well It was it was.
Speaker 6: A major, phone issue not Just another it was a major.
Speaker 3: Phone issue.
Speaker 1: All right you had a phone issue where your phone. Just tanked you didn't you didn't forget, Your phone you didn't lose. Your phone the phone just took a dump on you, Right.
Speaker 6: Right and my buddy took it up to the store to have him look, at it and, they, said well, we can't we can't do. Anything here we'll have to send, it out and he decided to have it. Sent, out well it Went, out sunday Came. Back tuesday but in, the meantime my sonly Lives, in illinois was trying to text ME and i, wasn't responding and another buddy of mine was sending me a TEXT and i wasn't. Responding Anywhere, wild Man, WILD man i was sending you TEXT and i was calling you because we were supposed to do something for this show On, a tuesday and you didn't have your, phone BACK and i.
Speaker 1: WAS concerned i was leaving you text like are you? Still alive because you know it's just going to voicemail over and over again in your mailbox. Is full by, the way have you cleaned out your mailbox? Since then WHY don't i don't.
Speaker 6: Even have my voicemail, set UP so i don't know where the message Is go they, Go down they must Go to saturn.
Speaker 2: OR something i don't have that voicemail. SET up i shall with it all, The time.
Speaker 6: I'm not, you know it's it's bad ENOUGH that i got, to go, you know go through looking who's, called man looking, at. Emails voicemail. FORGET it i DON'T want i don't want no part.
Speaker 1: Of that, so, listen uh and YOU and i were talking about this because a couple of, WEEKS ago i famously lost my phone two days in. A row I Had joe. Biden Moments and i'm not even sixty five at.
Speaker 8: This.
Speaker 1: Point UH and i was just like really CONCERNED that i was losing IT because i kept losing. My phone and it happened two days in. A row i went to the grid. GROCERY store i Went to kroger. DOUSHIP shopping I knew i had my phone with ME because i was calling. MY wife i was looking for Recipes while. I'M shopping i put the phone down in the top of, the cart you know that little thing the section and right by, the handle top of the cart and right right above the. Baby, Seat, ANYWAY yeah i take my groceries out of. The car the phone's still, sitting there and OF course i forgot IT when i left it in the cart wreck and. Went HOME so i get home and realize and go back out to the car in a. Frantic search can't find. THE phone, i, Go, OH no i had it out In. THE kroger I bet i left It. In KROGER so i raced back To, the Kroger and i'm flying through the store at, every place EVERY aisle i had, gone down and the PLACE where i pulled it out to try and find. A RECIPE so i DECIDED whether i was going to buy this product. Or NOT if i could find a recipe, FOR it, I would, SO anyway i can't find. THE phone i Go to lost And, found no nobody's turned in a. PHONE yet i go to the checkout and THE eyel i had checked out and asked, The, CASHIER no i didn't find, Any PHONE so, I said i must have left it in. THE cart i went back out to the cart wreck where my car was, parked ORIGINALLY and i see the CART that. I used it hadn't been taken, away yet but there's no. Phone there So then i'm in A real i'm in a. REAL panic i go HOME and i said some THINGS that i certainly can't say on the air at the top of, my lungs, very loudly and my wife is sitting on the couch just looking.
Speaker 2: At me, and go.
Speaker 1: What's wrong? WHAT'S wrong, i said? MY phone i lost my Phone at kroger. Expletive Deleted and i'm just racing through the house searching my pockets in my coat just to MAKE sure i didn't put it, in THERE and. I DIDN'T so i go back To. The kroger RIGHT before i was coming up here.
Speaker 5: To.
Speaker 1: DO something i, DON'T know i had to go, TO work i think at. The Bar so i've got about fifteen minutes to go back To the kroger and. Just CHECK and i see the cart jockey out in, the lot, you know the kid who's picking up the carts and taking him in. The STORE and, i said did you happen to find an iPhone in the? Cart wreck, he said what color's? The case as soon as he said what color's? THE case, i, said ah we're getting somewhere maybe. HE found i said it's a blue otter. Box case, HE said i just turned it into customer service about five. Minutes Ago and, i'm, like oh sigh. Of, relief meanwhile my wife Had called kroger.
Speaker 2: Customer service did you give him a five dollar reward?
Speaker 1: Or anything, YOU know i was so relieved to have. MY phone I think i just raced into the store. Wild man, OH man i Should have, YOU'RE right i should have tipped him for bringing my, phone in because, you know he could have thrown, it away he could have put in his. Pocket whatever my wife has called. CUSTOMER service us had called my phone and it rang in, customer service and the woman picked, it, up, said yeah he. Was here he was looking, for it and she said he's on. His WAY so i, got up got, my phone thanked the lady profusely went. Back home the very, NEXT day i came to work here Doing my saturday morning show because that Was, a FRIDAY and i get up into the STUDIO and I realized i don't have, my PHONE and i don't need.
Speaker 2: My phone for a Lot when i'm on.
Speaker 1: The air FIGURED maybe i left it, at HOME but i was ALMOST sure i had IT when i left.
Speaker 2: The HOUSE so i go back down to. THE car.
Speaker 1: I CAN'T see i can't see the phone in the car seat or. Anything else so by This time i'm racing back up and using a station phone to call to see. IF it i can hear it, ringing ANYWHERE and i go back down to. My car can't hear the phone ringing because OF course i turned the ringer off Off and i'd taken the outer box off to, charge it so it's black and it's melding into the SEATS so i can't. See it it was underneath a folded piece of paper and envelope in the passenger seat of.
Speaker 6: The car i've bet down, that, Road man.
Speaker 2: I've, bet yeah two.
Speaker 1: Days in, A row i lost. My Phone and i'm really really concerned at this point about my cognitive abilities. Flying AWAY.
Speaker 2: So i know What, It's.
Speaker 6: Gary jeff everybody who owns a cell phone has had a problem like that once or twice so far in.
Speaker 2: Their life they, REALLY have. I know but you're. So worried. You know here's here's.
Speaker 1: The thing people are worried about you because they can't reach you consecutive days. Or something and it's not it's unusual for you to be out of pocket. Like that and the second thing that YOU and i were talking about is back in the day when we didn't have, cell phones we. Memorized numbers we had them locked in. Our head anybody important we needed, to call.
Speaker 2: We could we.
Speaker 1: COULD recall i CAN still i can still remember my parent's landline Number, In hendersonville tennessee that they had too and they don't have, it ANYMORE but i can still. REMEMBER that i can recite it. By road and now nobody remembers numbers because you just put it into. Your phone and if you're not smart enough to make a hard copy on, paper somewhere which Is what i'm gonna do as soon as we finish, this CONVERSATION.
Speaker 2: Then i did the. Other, night yeah once you lose, your phone it. Hits.
Speaker 1: YOU man i need to have some backup here In case i'm stupid or absent. Minded AGAIN and i know that's gonna. Happen eventually plus my email's on my phone, for Work and i'm not one of these people that's on my phone all. The, time Okay if i'm, Walking somewhere i'm not looking down at. My Phone if, I'm driving i'm not looking down on. My phone it just JUST when i need to, USE it i. Use IT and i don't use it To Play candy crush or any other stupid.
Speaker 6: Little, GAME absolutely i don't play any of.
Speaker 1: That CRAP so i just need it for, work basically and for home and PEOPLE that i, care about and you, know what you obviously rank as SOMEONE that i work with and care about because you're on. This Show but i've known you, for years so you're. Important TOO so I guess i'll include your NUMBER when i make my. Hard Copy, Wild man what do you think?
Speaker 2: ABOUT it i.
Speaker 6: Would HOPE so i feel. So, humbled yes.
Speaker 1: So is any of yesterday's? Goo gone are you still upset About The reds Hall of? Fame, Inductees oh i'm still.
Speaker 6: REALLY upset i can't wait till Redspets because. I'm going i'm probably Going, on friday AND if i see any Of The reds Hall of fame people out, Are there i'm going to give them a piece of. My Mind The veterans committee there needs get bully. OVERHAUL there, I mean i'll put my knowledge of six Nine of red's history up against anybody And The Reds veterans committee from nineteen fifty to date them back in time that nobody, really cares and. They don't they don't worry about, their history, you know plump nineteen fifty on back, anymore anymore which, they should because there should be a statue Of.
Speaker 2: ED rousse i was going to ask the. Vote it you were voted The.
Speaker 6: Greatest red in nineteen.
Speaker 1: Sixty nine you were you were vehement about the Fact That aaron Harang And reggie sanders made it, in yesterday and you were giving the big thumbs Up To brandon phillips and obviously Lou Sweet. Eneue panilla, all right but who else do you think should be In The reds Hall of fame that? Is not You mentioned Ed Rous, Or.
Speaker 6: Franco, john franco who Was.
Speaker 2: The role Ages Relief man award winner.
Speaker 6: Two times he has an run average of two, eighty nine and he's not In The.
Speaker 2: Reds Hall of fame as.
Speaker 6: A closer and, you know you, don't really, YOU know, I hope i Hope the reds don't take in guy's stats when they leave. The team Because At reggie, sanders case he he hit only one hundred and twenty five. Home runs he went on the hit, one hundred three hundred and thirty, home runs but he only hit one hundred and twenty five year AND like, i said, two seasons he only played eighty. One games he was the ONE thing I Remember, reggie sanders did he get the first home run A great american ballpark As A.
Speaker 1: Pittsburgh PIRATE so, i mean it Is The reds Hall. Of fame it's Not The baseball Hall. Of fame it's not the multiple teams you may have. Played, with yeah what you did Is A.
Speaker 6: Red yeah so they're going to put in a subpar pitcher who was under five hundred with an run average of four or never won any. MAJOR awards i think he led the league in strikeouts, one year Whooped. To Doo But reggie sanders.
Speaker 2: Never won any.
Speaker 6: Major awards AND like i Said About, reggie sanders he had a pretty decent career after he Left. The Reds But regis sanders and, postseason play he, was. Horrible horrible he was a The that doza line and two and two of the division series that he, played in he struck out fourteen times in one series and eleven times. In another they dropped, The Ball, John Franco. Johnny edwards those are the two guys that are keep being overlooked By The Reds.
Speaker 2: Veterans.
Speaker 6: COMMITTEE why i have.
Speaker 2: No, idea yeah you have no explicable reason. For, this No And bernie. Stowe Too And.
Speaker 6: BERNIE stowe, i Mean If bertie brunneman is In The reds Hall.
Speaker 2: Of, fame yeah not a player or a man be. In There Not bertie.
Speaker 6: Stowe should be in there because he's spent sixty, SEVEN years i believe With the, reds organization he sawid, all man, the good, the bad, The ugly oh, my.
Speaker 2: God and everything. In between, all right any everything? In between you is there any other.
Speaker 1: Gu that you want to get off? Your chest and maybe we can relieve you of the gou as we leave this.
Speaker 2: This year, anything, else Well.
Speaker 6: The Bels the bengals hopefully will take care Of the browns and finish the season with three wins in. A row, of course. There's people you can't. Please them they bitch a moment and. They lose they cry like babies when. They win but that's. All right three wins in. A row how much that momentum carry over?
Speaker 2: To me that that's.
Speaker 6: Who knows but that doesn't matter. Who knows but it's nice to have free wins in a row and close out. The season people that said that they should tank and that, they're losers you. Don't Tank joe burrow wants. To Play joe. Burrow plays end, of story.
Speaker 1: All right and any hopes for twenty twenty Six wild man hope springs e turnal in a young, man's heart what about it in an old wild?
Speaker 2: Man's heart and then he hopes for twenty.
Speaker 6: Twenty, SIX yes i haven't even thought about that. So far let's, just say let's have a winning baseball season and Hopefully the bengals strike it rich in.
Speaker 2: The draft but my.
Speaker 6: Big hope is my big hope Is the bengals signed two free agents on the defensive side who will start and help.
Speaker 2: The team that's their biggest need.
Speaker 6: On defense and you, KNOW that i, know that my dog, knows that my son knows that they need help on. The defense they need to. Help defensively, they must and they've got the cap money to.
Speaker 2: Do it have you got?
Speaker 6: The Capane trey henderson ain't coming, Back here bye bye.
Speaker 1: To him it is nice To See miles murphy And Also shamar stewart starting to play like they hope they would play here at the end of.
Speaker 2: The season is, It, not.
Speaker 6: Well that's, a positive that's absolutely it's. A positive a lot, of guys, you know you have. To go, YOU know I Think al golden made the right decision that put some of the younger guys. IN there i mean everybody cried and mowed and Grown When logan. Wilson went he didn't even suit up in The last. Cowboys game he didn't.
Speaker 1: Even play, yeah yeah, all right, well listen it's it's been a great year talking, to You and i'm always glad that. YOU are i enjoy it as close of your as your phone if you have, your phone, Wild, man yes keep hold of your phone in the, new, YEAR.
Speaker 6: Buddy, I will, i will. WELL listen i have a great. New year are you having a big party at?
Speaker 1: The, bar, NO nope i do not Do Outside New. Year's eve we're going to be with our Friends, In ripley ohio at the house having a wonderful food fest and we may tip back a few And Watch ohio state And in miami go at it.
Speaker 6: Tomorrow night good people out There, In. Ripley, Ohio yes. GOD'S country I, Love.
Speaker 1: Ripley, ohio yeah, all, Right Brother Happy, New Year Happy, New Year Gary chaff, all right back to wrap up in just a moment and the words of no Less Than. Porky pig that's all folks for twenty twenty five on THE. Night CAFs hope you'll join us, next Year and God willing i'll be here in this seat with you at least a couple of nights, a week from nine till midnight. Until then may old acquaintance Be for god and never brought. To mind the national anthem follows this. Signature piece at the End Of dan fogelberg's classic Holiday Tune.
Speaker 11: Bye, bye leaving came the a