Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on a M five to seventy l A Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio while it's.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 3: No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan had been removed.
Speaker 1: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank you, hosted by Petros Papadacres terrible person, he's the worst, and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: The pipes, the pipes, the pie. Don't miss an episode. We're with you. Yeah, follow the petros In Money Show.
Speaker 1: Wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadacus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: Do mass that's right, GoAhead, okay, sucking down at nine Ford lations to Pedros also for the and the money. Maybe she had huge nipples.
Speaker 4: That's that's not cool.
Speaker 3: I'm skull.
Speaker 5: I'm oh white man, white man, white man, coward, coward, white man, white man, white man.
Speaker 3: Go play your hand, you big talking man, make a big fool of yourself.
Speaker 2: Gone with you, Spetro saying money AM five seventy LA Sports. Halfway through a full four hour show today going until seven pm, and then we will have Dodger Talk with David Vase, same deal Tomorrow. Thursday, it'll be a Flex Alert, a two until four pm show. Clippers basketball is back, thank god. They will take on the Rockets in Houston, and then a full four hour show on Friday from three until seven pm. Lot of pms this week. Anything you miss can always be relived through the Petros and Money podcast. Wherever you like to get your podcast. However, remember the iHeartRadio app is what we prefer because you can stream the live anywhere in the world.
Speaker 3: All right, let's get to it. We have the top story of the day waiting for you right now. Top story of this David vas Say will join us next and then we will have him at seven o'clock for Dodger Talk, So don't forget about that. A lot of Dodger talk all week, is Matt said, except for Thursday, Thank goodness. The Clippers are back.
Speaker 2: Well, this is something that we can relate to because, look, there's a lot of people that think they can do what we can do, but they can't. Now, we can do what they can do, but they can't do it.
Speaker 3: We'd like to think that.
Speaker 2: Yes, I saw a tweet yesterday from our former colleague.
Speaker 3: Although there's a lot of things that fill me with fear and anxiety. So there's probably a lot of things that I can't do.
Speaker 2: You think you can't do them?
Speaker 3: Well, people think that they can do this.
Speaker 2: Rush Flowers, our former colleague Rush Flowers. Yes, and at one point friend, Yeah, yeah, filled in. He was a fill in.
Speaker 3: He did.
Speaker 2: He did the scarface, you know, like he was. He was someone that we got along with. To his credit, the day your first child, Fletcher was born and Dana went into labor you're out emergency, he showed up at a studio in Lawrence, Kansas.
Speaker 3: That's right, he drove.
Speaker 2: He drove from Kansas City to Lawrence because that was the only place we could find an iHeart studio that was available. And he did the show and we appreciate.
Speaker 3: We really did. But things did go south between us and Bill Ryder.
Speaker 2: And much like a lot of people that are listening right now pee to think they can do what we do. I read that Bill because I do still follow him on on Twitter. I guess I just did not unfollow him. I keep it going. He tweeted that he's bidding farewell to his beloved radio show.
Speaker 3: I heard that.
Speaker 2: Yes, that is this relationship this beautiful creation that he has had a show that we listened to. We were fans, separate but together. We would text each other, separate but equal. Yes, through the course of the show, we would text each other.
Speaker 3: We would find an HD radio station in between, like ninety.
Speaker 2: One point three to get Kovacs and the cast of character. Yes, and that is now gone.
Speaker 3: I know, and I feel, honestly, I do feel like that.
Speaker 2: It's unfortunate and it's a harsh reality that some people wake up to recognize. You think you're ready for the big time, like the Petros and Money show in primetime afternoon drive that the most desired of all the radio slots in talk radio. Maybe just not built for it. Appreciate your time, Appreciate you hanging out with us right than you it's right right, and he was gone. So you might be good for overnights. Maybe you can work a little bit of mid days. Maybe you can work a little bit of early mid days, like a nine to noon post am drive pre mid days. But certain you can do nights, little seven to ten action. But afternoon drive is something different, Okay, something different. Now, are you questioning his worth work ethic? I can't tell you how many like big time interviews I've turned down with including presidents, including president and athletes where it's like you can interview them, you can't ask these four questions. I'll turn that down, Bill Clinton, you perv uh? The Chargers p yes are five and zero in prime time when the lights are brightest.
Speaker 3: Wow, that was masterful. I mean Matt right, I mean the Charles Dickens and and there's you. Who's the best of time. I can't believe you just turned Some people aren't ready for prime time, but I'll tell you who is. How about the Charger Wow?
Speaker 2: Brazil Monday Night Football twice, Thursday Night Football, Sunday Night Football five and zero in standalone games with the eyes of Football Americano upon them, and they have delivered a nail bider in sal Paolo Herbert with the bolts buttholes all puckered, staring at a third and long and potentially punting the back, punting the ball back to the Kansas City offense with time to score a game winning touchdown because the Chargers were only up six. But he saw Chris Jones dive inside, scrambled up that right sideline twenty two yards and slid for the win. The following week on Monday Night football, Jesse Minners defense eight different players with at least one pass defense and fifteen total, the most and a half decade, along with three interceptions from Gino. Thursday night against Minnesota, they made Carson Wentz cry. They hit him so hard. They made a football player, the toughest human beings on the planet cry, squirt them.
Speaker 3: Only the Chargers could do.
Speaker 2: That, Matt Sunday night. It was even worse for Aaron Rodgers. He didn't cry, but he was pouting zero and nine on third down before that Garbage touchdown on the final couple minutes when they were down twenty five to three three two interception, Yeah, Garbage lost a fumble. Of course, blamed his teammates and his coaching and all that sort of stuff in the postgame presser. And then last night Jalen Hurts came in having thrown two interceptions all season, and he threw four.
Speaker 3: Considering how many times he turned it over, including twice in one play.
Speaker 2: If the Chargers, you know, could block, it's part of the game.
Speaker 3: They would have won.
Speaker 2: If you can block these guys up front, it.
Speaker 3: Probably would have won the game a little more decisively and wouldn't have had to go to overtime and be on the brink of losing.
Speaker 2: This guy is gonna run right here up the middle because that's a lot of that's a lot of picks. What would you like me to do? Ignore him?
Speaker 3: That's a lot of picks. To then come back out of the field and get your quarterback continues to be destroyed.
Speaker 2: How many times do you want me to ignore him? All the times? Like every time? Yes, you want him running free right down the right down there. I mean you look at the box score and you say they turned it over? How many times? Yeah, he threw four picks and he lost a fund, including twice on one play. It would be a little bit more lopsided. I do appreciate the stats. And Steve Disager, you know him, well, My stat man does a bang up job of digging things up. And he did share with me with wide eyes and great pride. Huh huh. You know how stat guys are when they get something they're excited about. Hey, okay, it's ready ready.
Speaker 3: Not since nineteen twenty eight.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, since they carted. Since they started keeping the stat in nineteen seventy eight, no player has ever turned the ball over twice on the same play. You know what, I find that easy to believe. I do find that that would be an incredibly rare occurrence that you could turn the ball over twice in the same play. Yet in fact, that is what happened to Jalen Hurts. He threw an interception, Deshan Han fumbled, Jalen Hurts recovered it and then for whatever reason, decided to turn up field and also got the ball punched out and lost a fumble. Five turnovers for one player that plays on a team that's had seven turnovers all season coming in to this game. The point is like the Petrosen Money Show, when the lights of the brightest, this dam has been exceptional. The bad news is, unlike the Petrosen Money Show, we are in afternoon drive every day. Well not true some days.
Speaker 3: Don't twist yourself. I would do a pretzel like nine to noon. Try to twist yourself in a pretzel to make a point.
Speaker 2: When are we gonna be out there?
Speaker 3: Not a noon?
Speaker 2: But our show is on from three to seven. I know I'm gonna put the guys on. Your chargers have been inconsistent, but consistently inconsistent. Almost they've almost overcome that, but they don't have their tackles, and you would imagine they'd be a much more consistent team.
Speaker 3: If they did have their tackles. But it was great that they won last night.
Speaker 2: The bad news p is as good as they've been in Pron time. They don't have any more print time games left. Oh no, yes, the final fact of the season podcast. Now that can change. We saw last year the Chargers Broncos in Week sixteen was the first ever Thursday night flex, So things can change. And they do have TBD. Two TBD games left Week seventeen against the Texans, which very well could be a Saturday game Christmas Week, two days after Christmas instead of a Sunday afternoon window. And they will play the Broncos in Week eighteen. Should they stumble a little bit Denver, and should the Chargers catch a heater, that could end up being Sunday night game, much like the Chargers Raiders was a few years back that went horribly wrong for Brandon Staley when it appeared as though the Raiders were content to settle for a tie and both teams punching a ticket to the playoff, he banged a time out, Josh Jacobs ran for twelve yards, they kicked the game winning field goal, and everybody was left scratching their head. So there is still a primetime opportunity where they can embrace the Petros and Money Show style of content delivery, which is when the lights are the brightest, the cars are the most on our freeway system.
Speaker 3: It's the radio equivalent of scoring in the red zone. Kids, that's right, how to perform when the pressure's on.
Speaker 2: Thankfully it was a nationally televised game for Justin Herbert, because you know those bank on the box score folks, man, they're just going to look at what they saw and see twelve to twenty six for one hundred and thirty nine yards, a touchdown, a pick, and a QB rating a fifty nine point six, and we all know that doesn't tell the tales a heroic performance, a warriors effort, a man that wanted to be carried out on his shield left something to be desired in the interview portion, as he generally does. I want to celebrate with my teammates, all right, you want to go host that NFL Live, you go on and host it. I want to celebrate with my teammates. Justin's kind of part of the deal. We got to ask you this question. I need you to answer it. As you alluded to getting his head knocked off seven sacks the most of his career. He ran ten times for sixty six yards, tackled on five of those, a man with a plate in his left hand and a screw, not just a plate, not just to screw, a plate and a screw that had to be bandaged four separate times because of the blood leaking from the wound. That is how hard he played. There was a stiff arm of reed, blank and ship on a run that helped set up a forty six instead of a fifty six yard field goal to send it to overtime, and of course the stiff arm heard round the world at least whoever was still up that late, because it was already midnight on the Eastern seaboard. But the point being, it's a man who routinely has played through pain, and whatever you may think of his performance in the postseason or where he fits into the upper echelon or the elite of the quarterbacks twitter quarterback, he is a man who was played with a high ankle sprain and was in a walking boot all week in Charlotte in Pittsburgh, taking shots from TJ. Watt and Alex Heismith. He's a man that played with fractured ribs with two separate fingers broken and cast it in the past a shoulder something or other pigment separation I don't know, and now with a plate and a screw in his hand. He is tough. He is a leader, he is a galvanizer, and like the Petros and Money show in PM Drive, when the ears are open and the lights are the brightest, the Chargers have managed to deliver one win and one compelling performance after another.
Speaker 3: When I got up and looked in the mirror this morning, I saw justin Herbert's face looking back at me. Because that's how I perform in a heroic way. That's what we do. And we'll be back with David Vassay Dodgers making heroic moves. Plan. You know it's not nice. This show has moved out Afternoon and Drive a long time.
Speaker 2: Appreciate your time, Appreciate you hanging out with us righter than you.
Speaker 3: Good luck to everybody involved. Coobacs. We'll be right back with David Vassa an up and coming media member who stands on the Mountain of baseball reporting from AGRA. We've made it even easier to take LA Sports with you this summer.
Speaker 1: Make AM five to seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast a preset on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: App using Apple car Play or Android Auto.
Speaker 2: Road Trip all summer with LA Sports, Betro sand Money, AM five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Good news, Clippers basketball returns on Thursday. Why is that good news? Because that means more Dodger talk this week. That's why it's good news.
Speaker 3: Well, this is a great week for Dodger talk with the owners meetings going on, and they would cram Dodger talk. I don't know how many games the Clippers could play, but we're gonna have a lot of Dodger talk this week. Yes, we are David Vass with Dodger Talk again tonight after having Brian Cranston on you can podcast that last night awesome seven o'clock. It starts and there is action at the owners meetings. The Dodgers signed Timmy Trump. No Edwin Diaz. But that's Timmy Trump. It's guy to play the song. It's David Vesse, the Dodger with an inside look at the Dodgers. This is the Vasse Report with David Vasse, the Dodgers not resting on their laurels and attacking relievers in the market, joining us now to discuss it all. Is the number one local baseball reporter in any locale in the world's localities. We're talking about the great David Vessy at the Real Underscore dv on Twitter, Spectrum Sports Net, MLB Network. He didn't hear the same things as hang Alore heard. He joins us on your Southern California Theater Celebrity hotline.
Speaker 2: I've got a source, Dave.
Speaker 3: What's cracking? How are you?
Speaker 4: I'm doing great, guys, thank you for that great intro. And man, the timmy trumpets when they play gets me fired up already. It's going to be electric in the ninth inning at Dodgers Stadium this year with Edwin Diaz.
Speaker 3: So how long has this been in the works with Edwin Diaz that I don't think? Is this some guy that we've mentioned. I don't know. I don't pay much attention when other people talk.
Speaker 4: So actually he had never been connected to the Dodgers are today today. Yeah, and the Dodgers and Edwin Diaz Is representatives from Team Wasss did an excellent job of keeping this under wraps. I was told by a source with the Dodgers that knows that they had been talking to Edwin Diaz for quite some time, but he was seeking out a four year and beyond contract. Andrew Friedman kept on trying to make the framework three years with a higher annual salary like they eventually came to agree three years, sixty nine million dollars, which makes it the highest annual salary for any closer. So that was attractive to Edwin Diaz. And also the fact I've been told by people close to Edwin Diaz he felt disrespected by the Mets, not a priority by the Mets. And my understanding is the Mets only in the last twenty four or forty eight hours gave him a formal offer, and it came down to the Mets and Dodgers, and Edwin Diaz had a lot of people in his ears saying Dodgers, and he eventually chose the Dodgers, and Andrew Friedman got arguably the best closer available on the free agent market. And a guy that has proven that he can close games under the brightest of lights, and that's something Tanner Scott could not say a year ago.
Speaker 2: Oh, you had to take a shot at Tanner's got In the case of Tanner Dave, so much of it felt like it was, you know what he was able to do against shoe hail Tani in that series and repeated at bats. In the case of Diaz, you said it, you know, best closer on the free agent market, But I mean, you can make a case that he's the best closer in baseball, right. I mean, I was going through his numbers and it's like everything's either one or two for Edwin Diz.
Speaker 4: And the great part is we talked about the Dodgers wanting to get younger on their roster. He's only thirty one years old. He's right in the prime of his career and it's a three year contract, it's not a five year contract. And this will benefit Tanner Scott as well. The Dodgers will be able to deploy Tanner Scott as a high leverage reliever before the ninth inning, and that's where he excelled the best with the padres specifically and the Marlins to a lesser extent because the lights weren't that bright. But with the padres, that's what he was so good at, going up against lefties and certain righties before the ninth innings. So having a guy like Edwin Diz just lets everything else fall into place and the Dodgers can say they have a lockdown closer for the first time since Henley Jansen was the Dodgers closer.
Speaker 3: Are you surprised that they went and paid another reliever after what happened to them last offseason with the three years and sixty nine million dollars?
Speaker 4: A little surprised, but I guess for the certain relievers on the market, like Devin Williams and Edwin Diaz, the Dodgers were willing to go three years for those two relief pitchers. I don't believe. In fact, I know they weren't willing to do that for any other any of the others like Raciel Iglesias. They were willing to go short term. Suarez short term if it ever got to that point. Kenley Jansen one year, But for Diaz and for and for Devin Williams, I think they were willing to go beyond one year. In fact, we know that now with Edwin Diaz, but they were at the finish line with Devin Williams as well.
Speaker 3: Dave.
Speaker 2: Obviously, we think about closers and what Roki Sasaki was able to do in the postseason. Should we suspect that he's on track to be in the starting rotation come April of next year?
Speaker 4: Without a doubt? Even before this signing, the Dodgers were committed to having Roki Sasaki come back this upcoming season and be part of their starting rotation, give him the opportunity of growth as a starting pitcher, and Brandon gom said as much yesterday at the winter meetings that they are fully committed to having Roki Sasaki be part of their rotation.
Speaker 2: Does anything change in terms because you take on sixty nine million bucks? We know, you know they scratched out checks including luxury tax penalties for over four hundred million dollars. When you add an extra twenty three million bucks to the payroll, does that mean you're trimming? I know you talked about ta Oscar Hernandez before. What does this do to impact the rest of the payroll and the other moves that we kind of have been projecting or suspecting could happen.
Speaker 4: Well, the Dodgers had almost ninety million dollars come off the books with Michael Conforto, Clayton Kershawan a few others, So it's not like they're trying to trim. I don't think you could ever say trim with the Dodgers these days in the same sentence. They're just trying to improve the team, improve guys that are surrounding the big aircraft carriers and show hey Otani, Mookie Bets and Freddie Freeman. There's no secret the defense was lackluster by Teoscar Hernandez and right field last year with your eyes, with the metrics, he was one of the worst right fielders in baseball last year, and the Dodgers, I would you know? I was asked who's untouchable. The only untouchables are Mookie, Freddie, and Otani and Yamamoto. Those are the only untouchables. So if there's anybody else that can help the Dodgers get younger and get better, they're open to listening to those conversations.
Speaker 3: What was the reaction from the teammate, Dave, I know you're in touch with a lot of these players.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I spoke to a handful of them over the text, and they are as excited as the fans are that they got Edwin Diaz, and a lot of them not think so.
Speaker 3: They were.
Speaker 4: They were very excited about Edwin Diaz being their new closer. Best face it, there were a lot of gut wrenching losses in the ninth inning last year, and that's really hard for an offense to overcome. The Dodgers. Somehow, some way did and were able to get into the postseason and have a favorable path. But if they don't blow the number of says that they did last year, they're a number one seed in the postseason and have the best record in the National League, maybe major League Baseball.
Speaker 2: Most importantly, Dave when it comes to Edwin Diaz, and this goes before he decided to sign with the Dodgers today, I felt this way when he was with the Mets. We have had some great closers come out through some great closing songs, whether it was Hell's Bells or Welcome to the Jungle. I have firmly believed that Narco has been the best I have ever heard. For whatever reason, that trumpet, there is something about it, as someone who has seen a lot more of these and been in a lot of visiting ballparks. Where does that one rank compared to some of the other greats.
Speaker 4: It's top five for me, I mean specifically in La it will be at the top with like you mentioned, Welcome to the Jungle for Game Over, Eric Ganie California. Love for Kenley Jansen. That was iconic because of how good he was and Edwin Diaz. Now it's going to be electric at Dodger Stadium with Timmy Trump and I'm with you. It gave me chills. I would hate to say this. It was a spectacle at City Field when he would come into the game in the ninth inning and look.
Speaker 2: They're going to go bananas out there perform.
Speaker 4: He's got to continue to perform close the games, and that's what makes the song the end trends that much more electric.
Speaker 3: I like Beethoven's Best with Rob Men.
Speaker 4: I gotta be honest with you. In Philly, Joe on Duran when he got there that was pretty special as well.
Speaker 2: What's he come out to?
Speaker 4: I forgot the song, But the lights go out and the fans have their cell phone lights on and they get the LEDs going that's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: The Puzzo nos serenade. Everybody knows that, Hey, Dave, you're not the only guy that sounded like, oh come on, let's go send him. How about Dave, You're not the only one that sounded like the devil.
Speaker 4: Very good morning, guys, and man, I'm gonna go out on a.
Speaker 3: Limb here and that's you, Dave. But here is maybe a little less satanistic Bob Chesney, the new UCLA coach, in the audio that they put out today for his press conference.
Speaker 6: First, I just want to, you know, thank everyone involved in the in this search committee. Obviously Chancellor Frank just phenomenally get a chance to meet you and understand your vision for the program and for the university and the idea that it doesn't have to be X or athletics.
Speaker 3: You're not the only one day.
Speaker 6: In harmony and for both to be able to all.
Speaker 4: Right, that's great analog. By the way, when when I hear that distorted phone call the Saxon cakes, I don't think of the Devil. I actually picture Batman where he is a Christian bale hallucinating thanks to the scarecrow, and he has like metal coming out of his mouth. That's that's the sound. That that's the That's what I envision when I hear my voice distorted like that.
Speaker 3: Well, the hour of the entire post that I was working, dropping off the gate got me man right. We'll be listening to your normal voice tonight.
Speaker 2: Who's on tonight?
Speaker 4: We're going to get an update, live update from Jack Harris from the winter meetings. We are still pefforting River Ryan, but we'll see whether or not he delivers.
Speaker 3: All right, We'll be back with more Petros and Money. The Gondola project. There's an update and we are all over it because nobody loves the gondoliers more than the Petros and Money show. Let's go vetice high.
Speaker 1: We've made it even easier to take LA Sports with you this summer. Make AM five seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast a preset on the iHeartRadio app using Apple CarPlay or Android Auto road.
Speaker 2: Trip all summer with LA Sports, Trust some money. AM five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Remember, you can subscribe to our podcast, download it, listen to the show at your leisure of full four hours. Today we encourage you to use the iHeartRadio app and now has presets there on the front page once you open the app up. So tap on that AM five to seventy LA sports tile and treat it like radio.
Speaker 3: That's All's right.
Speaker 2: Oh and of course on Thursday, remember you can also stream the show live there, so anywhere in the world while we are on live, you can hear the show live through the iHeartRadio and that is the only place where you can do that.
Speaker 3: All right, it's time for some local politics that involve the Dodgers, and we aren't doing well.
Speaker 7: We have to.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. This involves the Dodgers, and we've done it before and we're going to do it again, and we're gonna do it right now because the air over Chinatown is all of our concern. And Frank and Jamie McCourt's parking lot, even though it's been denied by Magic Johnson, it's Blooney's still their parking lot.
Speaker 1: It's bloony.
Speaker 3: And they want a gondola going from Union Station all the way up to Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 2: Seems I could be a pretty sweet little trip.
Speaker 1: It's bloony.
Speaker 3: Some think it will be something, it will get broken, something People will take potshots at it, something that homeless will defecate off of it. Many people think. Some people are thinking, like, hey, don't you own the building space above your house? What if you want to build a giant skyscraper. It's downtown LA. They can't build something hanging over your roof staring at the naked Chinese. It's brutal sunbathers in Chinatown. So there's a lot there. And we had the story last time, right tim. This bounces back between giant LA bureaucracies or boards from the city to the Metro to the city council, and the city council voted overwhelmingly against this and told the Metro, don't you do it. Don't you set your monkey free over Chinatown. Metro forget it, Jake, It's Chinatown and you can't do it. And that's what they've said. But it goes back to the Metro and the met says, I remember hating you for loving me. The Metro said, you don't know. You can't tell us about transit. We are the Metro. We are gonna say what we're gonna say. I say, I say, I say, And when I say what I say, I say what I say, and I say it. Now, what does that mean?
Speaker 2: More income for the metro?
Speaker 3: It means more bureaucracy is what it means. Here is the live report from Channel four The Big Peacock CANBC about what happened, what transpired as the gondola turns. You can tell there's a lot of emotion involved, like we have something. We have a little bit of skin in the game when it comes to the gondola because we work with the Dodgers and we're always there. But I can't see us down there screaming no. It blew in the face.
Speaker 2: I can't outscream that screamer.
Speaker 3: If you sell us out, we vote you out. And wait a minute, and if that was true, these people would have been voted out decades ago, because we've been sold out by local politicians in this city.
Speaker 2: And yet they've held their posts for decades, generations.
Speaker 3: We've been sold out.
Speaker 2: How long you've been a city councilan thirty years?
Speaker 3: So as much as this one right, as much as this woman wants to yell you sell us out, we vote you out. I mean, I know I'm not supposed to touch a third rail, but come on, just stop. If I was a City Council guy with the cuff links and an I suit to come out and be like I beg to different but anyway.
Speaker 8: God, this was the moment.
Speaker 9: The La Metro Board took a vote deciding to move forward today with the Dodger Gondola projects, despite the La City Council voting against it last month in a twelve to one vote.
Speaker 8: You can see how packed the room was today. Both supporters of the proposed project and those against it.
Speaker 3: Are all right, so there's gondoliers and then there's anti gondoliers.
Speaker 2: It's hard to work that one or.
Speaker 4: Hard.
Speaker 3: While singing a romantic tune.
Speaker 8: Proposed project and those against it were holding and waving signs, some protesting during the meeting. At the center of the debate the five hundred million dollars sky High project that was proposed seven years ago. If built, it would pass through Chinatown and the LA State Historic Park and connect the LA Transit System to Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 9: People for the proposed.
Speaker 8: Projects say it would help ease up traffic and allow people more transportation options. Hundreds of businesses in Chinatown and Pueblo and Lincoln Heights have also expressed support Those against it say the project is not needed and that it would take away green spaces, some saying that taxpayers were I.
Speaker 3: Was in Chinatown yesterday.
Speaker 2: There's so many green spaces.
Speaker 3: I went to Philips yesterday.
Speaker 2: I see nothing but green in that area.
Speaker 3: And Matt I got to tell you, the only green thing you see is the poop of a hobo on the sidewalk.
Speaker 2: There's screen it everywhere down.
Speaker 8: Those against it say the project is not needed and that it would take away green spaces, some saying that taxpayers would be stuck with the bill.
Speaker 3: It's absolutely traitorous.
Speaker 4: We've been fighting this project for I don't know, since twenty eighteen, since it came into the scene.
Speaker 9: If they had said no, we would have decertified this and it would have been over.
Speaker 10: I feel like it's it's a win for everybody, especially for my kids, because this is the feature for our boys to Dodgers, and it's hard to come to our game traffic and parket.
Speaker 7: But it's not a real public transit project. It's a tourist gimmick. There's no funding plan for it. It makes no sense for Dadger's stadium.
Speaker 3: Wait, hold on, why are people so bent out of shape? One way or the other, like it's amazing, Like why everybody.
Speaker 2: Seven years, she's been fighting it since twenty eighteen.
Speaker 3: To are losing their minds.
Speaker 7: It makes no sense for Daughter's stadium, and it would do so much harm to our neighborhoods and our businesses.
Speaker 3: More than wait, neighborhood. Yeah, I mean anything's good, guys.
Speaker 2: I mean outside of the new sun Bathers. I really don't know how it's going to hurt your business, your stadium.
Speaker 7: And it would do so much harm to our neighborhoods and our businesses.
Speaker 8: More than fifty people took the podium today. Several city council members also spoke out against the proposed project.
Speaker 9: Mayor baz, who is one of the.
Speaker 3: National board members, jan's.
Speaker 11: Support of the project. Her office released this statement this afternoon, a part the mayor is most interested in the community benefic agree that Metro board passed, including numerous requirements that will create opportunities for longtime residents and legacy businesses. Again, today's vote is not the final step. Additional approvals are needed here, including from coltreads and state parks.
Speaker 3: And you know who you know who sits on the state and the city Council. You know who sits on the state park board, Smoky the Bear. He just sits there like, hey, he's hard, he's a tough.
Speaker 2: Nut, and that crying Indian.
Speaker 3: Oh really go at it.
Speaker 2: They really know how to go at it. So wait, we got to make sure this thing clears City Council, State parks, Metro coltrans I've come up be long dead before the before ground is even but I would love.
Speaker 3: To see a one eighty on this. I I want to see the gondola now. Oh I'm one percent in on the gondol. Yeah, I might not ever ride it, but I'd love to see what transpires when it comes to the gondle.
Speaker 2: We need to do the show live from one of the gondolas, like we are just on a loop on the gondola pre Dodger game.
Speaker 3: If we can have beers when we stop at metro stations right then I'm in because we're supporting the local stage. It's gonna be great for them. Oh yeah, I mean come on, well, it depends on what your perspective is. These guys are drinking Margarita's at Alvera Street and going back and forth to Dodger Stadium on the Gondlin.
Speaker 2: You sell us out, we vote you out. I recognize you. You can't vote me out. You're from Long Beach.
Speaker 4: I know you.
Speaker 3: Never no one's ever voting me out. I'm a corrupt politician. Have you voted?
Speaker 2: We got sound from smoking the bear on this.
Speaker 7: Remember, only you can prevent forest fire.
Speaker 3: And that's about the green areas, right, there's a lot of green areas, green areas, green areas.
Speaker 2: Which one is that?
Speaker 3: The green and the frog and Frogtown?
Speaker 2: Is that the herb garden on your window sill of Apartment four?
Speaker 3: Seed? That's what it is. And this is gonna shade out the suns.
Speaker 2: I can't I can't grow.
Speaker 3: I can't grow my weed. Okay, we'll be back with Mort Petros and Money a whole other hour. A great sports talk quick care to the fun facts. Stay tuned