Speaker 1: How is everybody doing on oh Wednesday? God's good. I'm stumbling through the intro. I have to get better In twenty twenty six at radio Yeah, radio Radio two. I always got to get better at radio, but I gotta get better at writing so I can help myself get better at radio. Every day I look at.
Speaker 2: The erst like typing and printing.
Speaker 1: Out on No, because it doesn't work like that. That's not how my my process works, because I don't sit there and go to like a document and type it in. I do it right before I when I come in here, like thirty minutes before the show. And then I'm like, all right, what is the big story? Where are we going? What are we doing? And to write it down is the best deal. But I just cannot read my own hands.
Speaker 3: That's what I was getting to eventually, like you just the point here is you write stuff that you yourself cannot read.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a sin.
Speaker 4: I mean we had to do like back in middle school days, where you trace the ladies until you get better handwriting.
Speaker 1: You're right, yeah, it doesn't work for me. I write too fast. Do we need to get you.
Speaker 3: The lines where they have the upstairs and the downstairs in the basement.
Speaker 1: Keep it locked, yeah, keep it locked right in there. I'll have to go. I'll be Bill Billy Madison going back to school, back to school to prove to them that I'm not a fool or whatever the little song was that he sang. I need to do that for twenty twenty six. Let's see where everything goes today. Let's put our ears to the ground, our fingers in the pulse, and let's see what's happening in this great, big, wide world of ours. Somebody send a wellness check for this individual. He's fine, This always is. Gary Busey is weirder than ever, and he starts us off today. Oh my god, here's Gary Busey looking haggard us.
Speaker 2: But this is uh top Haggard.
Speaker 1: The killer clowns from outer space is on his hat and he made this video to his official Garbusy account. I think we need a wellness check.
Speaker 5: Hey, it's Gary Busey and I have gotten a great Christas fressure for you.
Speaker 1: Any idea what's coming next? I have a feeling he's just gonna go. Okay, that's not a bad guess. A good massage that you ask for, that's not a bad guess. You never know what you're to get with Gary Busey. But yeah, he does have like a like a rabid dog sounds.
Speaker 4: All those old man spitballs are just tumbling around on his mouth ready to land on your face.
Speaker 1: And because he's got those fake ass teeth, his whole head and his hair and everything is aging and he's got brand new teeth in the middle of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, teeth.
Speaker 1: Strange phenomenon.
Speaker 5: But here he goes, Hey, Garry and I have gotten a great christas fresure for you.
Speaker 1: This is this, that's what a goose show.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, thank god we didn't bet on this because.
Speaker 2: That was the last thing I would have ever got.
Speaker 1: You didn't think he was gonna go with random goose sounds.
Speaker 4: How much does he spit when he talks like that camera must be riddled with saliva a lot.
Speaker 1: He's a wild man. He's honking like a goose or something. That's what a goose shows like. They're fun. They let you know they're up there. What you get a bunch of geese together, they're honking in the air, all right, that's it.
Speaker 3: That's that real quick as we It sums up for me as we exit this video. This is his hat that is wearing there that killer clowns from outer space. That's a new one because if you scroll through Gary Busey's Instagram page, yeah yeah, he has a handful of videos where he's rocking much in the style of Rob Low, except much scarier.
Speaker 1: Oh an NFL.
Speaker 3: Hat, No, but it just looks like it has seen better days. Like if the NFL hat it's a white hat with the NFL logo on it and it is dirty?
Speaker 1: Is he like old Frankie McDonald? Now? Is that what has come to Gary Busey in twenty twenty five?
Speaker 2: I think Frankie McDonald still have less spit.
Speaker 1: By the way, do you have a good recording of that goose noise or do you need another one?
Speaker 2: Because I can, okay it is in case you a double vocals, I'll.
Speaker 1: Give you a nice clear one right here. Nobody say anything. There you go, nice and crystal clear honk from mister Gary Busey lest we need that at some point in time. Thank you, mister Beaucy. I don't know what the hell is going on in your world.
Speaker 4: I want to see the other side of that camera, like the person who he made film that because that's.
Speaker 1: A yeah, there's somebody holding the camera. That's true.
Speaker 2: There we go.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean I also wonder like, is there another parallel universe where Gary Busey didn't get plowed by a motorcycle and he's instead of recording goose sounds, he's just telling us about like the Pythagorean theorem or something, and he's like crystal clear. But and this time I was like, ah, it's a goose sound, Like wait, what dude, Now here's a lot of geese. Wow. There man's mouth is full of slobber and he's making goose sounds and wow, what a time?
Speaker 2: Much money cash, no tracks to.
Speaker 4: Make love them to Gary Busey, And he's honking as he climaxes.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be double for the honks. Yeah, at least is Courtney doing it or me? At least one hundred bucks. Yeah, I'm gonna have to. Yeah, I'll have to charge a little bit for that, I think. But he's he seems like a nice enough guy, doesn't he. I don't know if there's any real skeletons.
Speaker 3: Do you remember when they had a Comedy Central show where some guy I don't know if the guy was a comedian or what, but he was just following Gary Busey around just to kind of experience what it's like to be around Gary Busey.
Speaker 1: All the time.
Speaker 3: It was called I'm with Beaucy Great, and I remember it because they used to run the ads for it all the time. And the one thing that I remember from the show is like they're driving around, he would just yell at random people. I think he you know, I bet Bucy hams it up when he knows he's on camera.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he is.
Speaker 3: If he's peakd Bucy like that all the time when the cameras are off, that's gotta be enough.
Speaker 4: Sorry, did you not remember Gary Busey? Animal Court Judge lasted all of one season, I believe. I don't even know where it was.
Speaker 3: So they're driving around and he's just like randomly hollering at Rando's going by, and he just goes, we're from Tennessee. And then he turns, he turns to the guy who's like the host of the show, and he just goes, you got to tell me from Tennessee.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 1: So you're like, Okay, what character? What a character he is? Okay, we got updates on many stories that we've been following here. Obviously, the big story of the week is is not only the Rob Ryner stuff, but what's happening at Brown University. And I have a collection of clips here from yesterday's absolute scandal of a press conference. There were many different instances where Brown University and law enforcement could have gotten on top of this shooting that has happened on their campus, and at every time it is an absolute and utter scandal, and people are starting to wake up to this. It's unbelievable. Wait to you hear some of the stuff we're going to get into here on the show. Some of these clips are brutal in terms of how revealing it is the ineptitude of the people in charge over at a college university. So we'll get to those. But Nick Reiner, the son of Rob Reiner, some new footage of him getting arrested. I guess like the moment he got arrested that was obtained. Let's see what we see here, right, He's this is just like security footage of him at a crosswalk. Oh and the cops pull up right in front of him at a crosswalk. Nick Rener puts his hands up on the ground. The cops have their weapons out.
Speaker 2: Obviously we didn't try to hide this at all, like they know.
Speaker 1: Well, he didn't try to run or or do anything here. He did flee the house after allegedly killing his parents, and he made his way to the all over the hotel. I went to a hotel and got blood all over the place there. And more and more stuff is coming out about this in his past that I want to get into, including a big question for you today. But here's ABC seven when this was breaking that there was some new news in the Reiner murder.
Speaker 6: Breaking news.
Speaker 7: This video justin moments ago, which shows Nick Reiner being arrested right near usc You can see an LAPD unit racing to the intersection of Exposition and Vermont. Once an officer gets out.
Speaker 1: Everyone's security care suck, except for this place is a little better.
Speaker 7: Reiner put his hands up. Moments before this, Reiner was seen across the street and inside a convenience store purchasing a drink.
Speaker 8: That's him there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a weird thing that we now do well. I don't know how long we've done this for. But there's also this thing where we over analyze footage. So they go, he went into the store and he purchased a beverage from the beverage cooler.
Speaker 2: And then you brother, excuse me, roll back.
Speaker 1: And roll it back. He purchased a beverage from the bevery cooler.
Speaker 4: Does that beverage say anything about how he murdered and why he did the murder?
Speaker 2: Two percent of milk? Is that what cold blood feels like?
Speaker 1: And then they go, they go the last purchase before his arrest from the murders of well, why does this matter? That's the least interesting thing going on. Then they had poor Bill Hayter, who was in some some back and forth that everybody in media wanted to call a tiff yesterday. Every headline said.
Speaker 2: It wasn't him that gave that information. It couldn't happen.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not saying that, but it was like all the headlines were like Bill Hayter in tiff with Rob Reiner's son Nick REINERM Yeah, And then they go Bill Hayter nervously pacing on a phone call the day after, and it's like, dude, leave some of these people alone, for God's sake. It was like it just was a happenstance thing that they happened to be interacting with these people afterwards.
Speaker 9: Pretty wild.
Speaker 4: I mean, consider the three of us at some sort of holiday party, all the people that we've known, whether acquaintances or friends for many years. Yeah, and then next thing, you know, the two of them.
Speaker 1: Are freaky rots. Yeah, it's freaky. It's freaking There's a lot of new info coming in about this, uh and a lot about the history of the sun. Here here is where he was booked. I guess, let's see, this is his attorney. Well, for those of you who are fans of true crime stuff, you may recognize the attorney that he has hired. Nick Reiner's attorney is Alan Jackson, who is the same attorney that Karen Reid had. For those of you, yeah, this is the guy that he's picked. Now, people were saying, well, what with with his parents' money, with the money from their life insurance policies, with with what how is he affording this attorney? I don't know. I mean, I know that if you're convicted of murder, I don't think you can get insurance policies from people, obviously, so it wouldn't be that way. He hasn't been convicted just yet, but who knows. I don't know exactly how this is going to go. But he's hired this atturmin to cameras everywhere. And his reason for not coming today. I know you're talking about it on the elevator, but why is he here? Have to be medically cleared before they could be transported to court. All right, so he's said he has not been medically cleared. He's probably coming down from addiction at the moment. He's been charged with two counts of first degree murder, and even though he's in California, he could face the death penalty. Really now, Yeah, because it is special circumstances and that makes Nick Reiner eligible for capital punishment under California law.
Speaker 2: What was the last time they had that.
Speaker 1: I don't know that they have put anybody to death in California in a quite a long time. It's usually a state where they don't do that, but I guess in this case they do have some exceptions for this. Now. I have some stuff on the backstory of Rob Reiner's son, Nick, the family and their dealings with him, how many times he's been to rehab, the stuff that this guy did over the years. And I want to ask you the big question, should Rob Reiner have just completely distanced himself from his son before all of this? Well, in hindsight, it seems like yes, well maybe maybe, but there's a lot of like there's not a lot of wins in this, because you're damned if you're do you're damned if you're don't. Yeah, And I want to go through this his son's history, because it's just unbelievable when you hear all in rapid succession. I'll give you that. I'll give you some emails. We'll talk about this scandal at Brown University after the shooting there. We got fun stuff, wild stuff, everything viral.
Speaker 5: It's all coming up next in the news, Chunky.
Speaker 1: The Rob Reiner story is still big, still one of the big stories out there, getting a lot of attention. And now they're talking about how Nick Reiner who's been arrested, he's charged with the murder of his family. And over and over and over we've heard that like, this is a rocky relationship between Rob Reiner and his son Nick. But I had no idea, no idea how bad all this was before we got to these moments that are now on all this security footage we're seeing like this one. Here's Nick Reiner on some security video just wandering around near his parents home a couple of hours before the murders, and he's moving around and carrying a backpack and whatnot. He goes to their house eventually and attacks them. One of the most shocking things in this video is the constantly high prices of gas in the state of California, four dollars in fifty nine cents per callan. The other one is the fact that this guy who was born with all of the silver spoons and a silver bowl and a silver plate in his mouth, who still managed to f up his life seven times over. This is the true story, but the silver spoon to his nose instead he did indeed. Yeah, and the timeline of this kid is crazy to me. All right. Rob Reiner has four children, Tracy Reiner from his first marriage, Jake, Nick, and Romy Reiner. He has great relationships with most of them, all right, And Nick Reiner all of the troubles, all of the bad kid stuff comes from him. And there's usually a bad kid in the family. Like if you've got a bunch of siblings, you know which one is generally the bad one and the one who gets in trouble. Almost every family have one, as one I was for a little while, the one mostly my sister was the problematic one in our family. And you always have somebody like that, but you didn't have anybody like this. Because there are a lot of details here that shocked me. And the question was, should Rob Reiner and his wife have been harder on their child and should they have completely cut this person off and then maybe they wouldn't be dead right now. That's a very very difficult question to ask because Rob Ryder is a famous guy, obviously huge powerful man in Hollywood and all that behind some of the most famous movies, movies you've heard. If he abandons his son to drug addiction and homelessness, then all of his critics will be like, you're a monster. You don't even care about your own kid. Your kid is homeless on the streets. You're a millionaire and you're doing nothing to help him. You don't win that way. You don't win if you keep him around, because you end up dead. In this case, this kid was like a millstone around the neck of the Reiner family that they constantly had to deal with and I say kid, I mean it wasn't a kid anymore obviously. Two right, yeah, Now, I mean this all started like back in two thousand and eight when Nick Reiner, rob Berner's son was just a teenager. He's about fourteen at the time. Rob Reiner discovered his son Nick using drugs just before his fifteenth birthday. Nick entered his first drug treatment program around this time. So Rob Reiner goes, my son is fourteen, he has a drug problem. We will admit him to a treatment program and put him in a facility. In his teenage years, Nick Reiner went to rehab for eighteen different stints. Okay, it's not that his parents weren't trying to pay their way through this and get him off of drugs. And some of you addicts who have been to rehab, let me know how you feel about this, because in his stories, it was the rehab facilities that got him in touch with people who did harder drugs and that moved him actually in a direction of harder drugs. I don't know if other people have that experience, but that's what they said.
Speaker 4: He I have that it should not have been a drug rehab but more of a mental facility. Maybe find a lot of people with UH go hand in hand meant exactly, and drugs and the being what they believe is a coping mechanism or a way to control the chemical imbalance in their head.
Speaker 2: And then it's also significantly worse.
Speaker 1: Also that the drugs can bring out mental illnesses that did not otherwise exist. Drug induce psychosis is absolutely real. Drug induce schizophrenia is absolutely real. I've seen it, and I've seen it in my own life with my brother. You know, this kind of stuff is one hundred percent real. It actually does exist. But he experienced repeated relapses, went to rehab eighteen different times. Nick Reiner did he was homeless, sometimes choosing homeless over going back to rehab. He described abandoning all his morals during active addiction. He stole oxyconton from elderly person. At one point in time, he suffered a heart attack from cocaine use and woke up in the hospital. He threw a rock through a treatment center window to get some medication. He then cleaned up a little bit and wrote the film Being Charlie with his father. So his father's still trying.
Speaker 4: So those were drugs interviews that keep popping up. Yeah, So they were doing the promo run of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were doing like some podcast stuff and they were being interviewed together as father and son on that on that trip, and he openly discussed hating sobriety, his destructive behavior. He discussed he was living in his parents' guesthouse and he had destroyed it multiple times in fits of rage. He had been just absolutely chaotic, Okay, And at one point he was sober for about six years. But then you got this, you got this new situation, and all of it seems to be from these you know, long standing issues with drugs that he had, heroin crack. He was smoking crack at his parents' poolhouse. The world was handed to him. He stole two hundred dollars when he was fourteen, as I told you yesterday, to have sex with a prostitute because he was tired of being a virgin when he's fourteen years old or something. And it just on and on and on it goes.
Speaker 4: Hey, there's no saying that if they had cut him off, they wouldn't have done the same thing.
Speaker 1: No, And that's what I was thinking about yesterday. I was like rock in a hard place, That's how I would describe all of this. If you cut off your son fully, maybe he gets mad at that, and then that's the reason he kills you. Maybe if you try to hug him even harder, you end up with the same outcome that you have. You just have a poisonous, addicted, evil person. Yeah evil by the way, Yeah, like somebody who would slit their parents' throats, whether drug induced or not. This is an evil thing that somebody would do.
Speaker 4: And also consider I think a lot of people that our parents would relate that was still their.
Speaker 1: Song, right, they still love it, and they still tried.
Speaker 4: And they wanted the best for him, and despite you know, a lot of people have to make that terrible, very very hard decision to cut off their kid because of what is going on in their life and the damage that they were doing to everyone.
Speaker 2: Around them as well as themselves.
Speaker 4: There's some people that's like, I still want the best for my kid now.
Speaker 1: They even brought him to Conan O'Brien's Christmas party the night before all of this, like they were trying and trying and trying and trying. Ethan on YouTube says, I find it so funny that you guys are like the world was handed to him. Why did he do it? He has mental issues. You have no idea, right. We don't know what the soup is that made up this guy's mentality. We don't know how much of it was just drug addiction. We don't know how much of it was ongoing mental We don't know this. And I'm not a doctor. I haven't seen this guy. I know it's clear that the father was trying, that the mother was trying, and I know a lot of people in these situations. It is tempting and easy to give up. And when it's not your kid, you will give up. You will give up, trust me. You will give up with a sibling, you will give up with a parent, you will give up with somebody close to you. You'll give up with extended family. If they keep doing drugs and keep letting you down and keep ruining your life by proxy, you will give up on them. But they didn't do that with him, and now he faces the death penalty, a rarity in California because it's a special circumstances in this trial. And sea Lan said he was trying to look up how long it's been since they did this, and he found They have photos on California's death penalty page Capital Punishment California and it shows the old gas chamber in san quet Thing is.
Speaker 2: What interesting color.
Speaker 1: It's really weird. It's a room with two chairs in it that he gets strapped top or maybe that would be weird. You're like, I see you later, partner. It's like riding it down.
Speaker 2: With somebody, maybe for like a fatter.
Speaker 1: Uh. There's two chairs and it looks like something you might find on a submarine. Submarine. Yeah, like a big submarine door that you would shut and spin the wheel to kind of lock it in and tighten it up. And that's what they used to use to kill people. And then lethal injection. California now doesn't really engage in the death penalty. It has not been carried out according to the link ceiling sent since two thousand and six, so it's almost twenty years here, and this could qualify for it. It could be that this does qualify for them. Okay, a couple of emails coming in and I wanted to handle real quick tips at the newsjunky dot com. Tips at thenewsjunkie dot com. Let's see what we got here. This is Josh and he says about the woman who died in the freezer. For those of you who didn't catch this yesterday, this woman was found dead in a freezer at a Dollar Tree, a dollar Tree I believe in Miami. They do not know why she did this. They don't know why she was in there, why she was naked. She was not an employee at the Dollar Tree. She walked into the place, didn't touch anything, wasn't pushed in by anybody, went directly into the freezer, was found there, naked and dead by employees the next day. She was from oh I forgot Nicaragua. I think, yes, the youngist from there. She was a doctor from Nicaragua, and she was in town in Miami, I guess. Josh says, I feel like the Okham's razor. And if you don't know what that means, it means like the simplest explanation is the correct one. The Okham's razor to the story about the naked girl in the freezer is that she was on some sort of drug that made her overheat, so she stripped down and overdosed in the freezer. He says, Also, it's fine, we disagree, but your love and hate of certain movies always Rage bates me. The Grinch is good, he says, and Bad Sanna is a masterpiece.
Speaker 2: Oh, we don't talk about Bad Sana.
Speaker 1: We did before I did at one point.
Speaker 5: Tom.
Speaker 1: It's just absolute garbage, but much better than that dumpster fire Elf. What WHOA is wrong?
Speaker 2: We want to get to this nasty place that we're about to be.
Speaker 1: Talking about rage, Josh. I'll tell you I didn't like Elf the first time I saw it when I just saw clips from en stuff. Until I watched it and Courtney watched it with me, and I watched it a couple of times, and I was like, that's good, all right, this is good. Bad Sanna is a poorly written movie about a bunch of miserable ne'er do wells. No one is likable, nobody is explicitly funny. Nothing is really redeeming about any character arc in it. It's just legitimately like a boring idea that was turned into a movie with Billy Bob Thornton because he was kind of hot as a you know, molten fire at the time, and they put them at anything. It was just not good. The Grinch is a different thing. It's not as bad, but bad Santa quite bad. Sorry that triggers you rage Baits style. Anyways, look forward to seeing the roast and have a good Christmas break, says Josh. Thank you, Josh One more real quick. Kristen emails the show about Anna Kepner. This is the murder mystery cruise ship situation, the death on this cruise ship. Kristen says, Hey, Sean, I really kept thinking and hoping somebody else would correct this, and it's small and dumb, but I can't bear another report about poor Anna Kepner without saying something. She says the cruise they took was departing from and obviously returning to Miami, not Tampa. Small silly detail, but I internally yell at my Twitch stream every time, sometimes externally if I'm working from home. Anyway, there you go, wishing uc Land and Sabrina and Courtney, Ashley Nicole the happiest of holidays. Had a great time of the rose, looking forward to watching it back, says Kristin. Can we do a retraction please? You have a retraction thing over there? Yeah, all right, sorry about this. By the way, I don't get mad at this. You're welcome to correct me if I screw stuff up. You know, any words I say a day. You know how many definitive statements I had tempted? We got the cruise line wrong yesterday I did. Yeah, I got the cruise line wrong, which I wanted to apologize. Yesterday I said Royal Caribbean. It was not Royal Caribbean. I remember when I'm doing this usually, I'm just trying to pull all these details up in real time, so I'll miss from time to time. It was to Sean, why are you try and blame my cruise line? Wasn't you Carnival? I'm sorry? I mean, wasn't you Roal Caribbean? I'm sorry you Indeed again, one I did the cruise was Carnival Cruise Lines. Okay, Carnival Cruise Lines, and it was returning to Miami. That's that is absolutely correct, and that's why most of the stuff has been based out of Miami. The response has been based out of Miami. Thank you for the correction, Kristin. I'll try not to make that mistake again.
Speaker 2: How long has it been.
Speaker 4: I cannot believe we've not gotten an update or official round.
Speaker 1: Second, that was when they parted. They departed a November two then November sixth, they left cosmol Mexico on the Carnival Horizon and began a two day trip back to Miami. That is when Anna Kepner was allegedly killed by her stepbrother in that cabin.
Speaker 3: The longer we go without an arrest, I'm like, it's been a while, the feds are like slow as molaxic.
Speaker 1: I mean, do they just not have probable cause, I.
Speaker 4: Don't know, put out some fake photo and arrested somebody? Yeah, sure, what Brown University they have.
Speaker 1: They have made some mistakes in the Brown University situation. We'll get into more of that a little bit later, but nothing yet on this. And and again, Kristen, thank you for the email. Thank you. I don't mind when people correct me. I try my best to be accurate. Every once in a blue moon I get something wrong and I'm absolutely open for that, So appreciate the email tips at the news Junkie dot com. For the rest of you. If you do it on the texting service, I am not seeing what you are saying, so just try it old fashioned email to tips at thenewsjunkie dot com. Quick break when we come back the scandal unfolding at Brown University. I have not seen an investigation go this wrong, this fast and quite a long time. We don't know what the law enforcement folks actually know. Maybe then a more than we're expecting at this point. But what's been unfolding at these press conferences is nothing short of a scandal. Wait till you hear the dramatic audio that I have for you and like three or four different crazy clips. All of that is coming up next on the news junk Ye right to your TV from the Newsjunkie dot com. Go check out the roast on the website.
Speaker 2: Now, thoughts on me presenting that to the family.
Speaker 1: For the roast? Is the family sit down roun the.
Speaker 2: Living room?
Speaker 1: Yes? I mean, I like, here's the thing. I am convinced that anybody who listens to the show will love it and it'll be a laugh riot for him. But I wonder, like Dylan was said, can I get a promo code? I want to watch with my friends. They helped me work on some of the jokes, and I go, I don't know if they're going to get everything for a total outsider, some of this stuff might be you know, like if you just started listening to the show right now, and you heard the roast. You're going to pick up a lot of war. But if you know the lore from the show, then it'll be more funny. So you're I mean, your parents will like it because it's you.
Speaker 3: I mean, there was something that was joked about, uh, not about any one of us that I was like, I don't know. I don't think a lot of people in the audience knew that that happened.
Speaker 10: And how are you talking about the Yeah, well, let's just say a couple of the Tuttle jokes when over people's heads.
Speaker 2: It's nice to see him after all these years.
Speaker 1: He's a great guy. He's very very nice guy. Nothing is more funny to me, folks than behind the scenes Josh Fowler. He comes over to me and his face is red and he's like exasperated.
Speaker 2: It's always read he's always exasperated. But what happened this time?
Speaker 1: I go, are you okay? And he's like, he goes, oh, this is the worst, and I'm saying, I say what, and he goes, I just met Tuttle And I go yeah, and he goes and he was so nice and he goes, I already wrote all the jokes. No, And he goes, but he was so nice.
Speaker 3: Some of the some of my favorite moments, aside from some of the killer jokes that Josh had, some of my favorite moments of him set was when he kind of broke roast character and apologized because he felt bad about what he was saying.
Speaker 1: He said, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. He's so nice, I'm sorry. Or after a joke landed so so hard and in a good way, like a joke got everybody going so much he had to quiet everybody back down. Then he was like the rest of this isn't going to be nearly as good. It's a good time. Go watch it. I don't know if your parents will get everything, but I'll tell you this, I'm I'm proud of it. And we didn't that didn't even come up there in the roads for some reason. But more lore there is great. I'm happy with the quality of the production of both video and audio as a starting point, awesome. He Land did a great job on the trailer really really really came out good like it was. It's high quality like it's but it's a starting point. All the other stuff we were going to do specials, so I want to go further and further and further until it's just this catalog of completely like Netflix quality content. And we're getting there, and I think, I think you'll have a blast. So go check it out, beam it to your TV, have fun. Get the roast over Onthewschunkie dot com. I want to get into the Brown University response, but now I might need a little bit more dle this. That's fine, We'll see a couple of emails coming in a bunch actually about uh about Rob Reiner and his son, Ken says, I guess we'll find out later. Is it possible that his interaction with Bill Hayter at the Conan O'Brien party helped to send him off? I mean I would, I would put almost nothing into that. I would know I no.
Speaker 4: I mean me Brannan from where we the report said, like already.
Speaker 1: It was already odd. Yes, yeah, his behavior was already odd. He was already targeting people at the party, He had previous violent interactions. This did not come out of the blue. This cannot be isolated to any one particular example. This is a tragedy of addiction and families going through actual tough stuff that it just happens to be on on display for absolutely everybody right now, How dare.
Speaker 3: Anybody try to pin that on Bill Hayter, who seems like the nicest guy.
Speaker 4: Even go to the SNL fiftieth anniversary because he has anxiety?
Speaker 1: Right? This is Brandy, She says, yeah, on the Rob Ryaner front. But if your family is messed up, why go to a party? Lots of question marks? What's your priority? A party? Lots of question marks? I mean, I think that's kind of strange too. They still deserve to live their life. They thought they were doing the right thing in the moment. I'm you know, what do you expect? But this is sort of this like there's a really good space in between how things work in a tight society with family and hard work at the focus like Japan, and what's becoming an incredibly loose society with family losing all focus in places like France or even in the United States quite a bit. There's a middle ground in between there where we care about ourselves and our careers and we work hard and we worry about our family, but we don't go in the direction that Brandy's going, Like the idea that you have a family member who has issues like this, So what you lock your site, yourself inside of your house. You don't go to Conan O'Brien's Christmas party, you don't engage with people. You only just try to monitor your son. Twenty four to seven.
Speaker 2: There's us.
Speaker 4: We have no idea what this family has been going through, and I mean from what we do know, he's been having issues since he was like fifteen years old. Yeah, this could have been any other night where okay whatever his name is is acting up. But you know we're going to this party not knowing what it was going to result in.
Speaker 1: Yeah cool.
Speaker 3: I would say if hadn't been an ongoing almost two decade long issue for this family, Like if if maybe he like just started having episodes or just just started down that path, maybe skipping the party. But you know this is they can't just live in like be a recluse for the rest of their lives just because they're trying to help the kid out that they.
Speaker 1: Would bring him to the.
Speaker 3: Party to try and you know, help him be in public and the exactly do normal things.
Speaker 1: Just because you have a kid that's messed up like this doesn't mean you shouldn't live your life at all. I mean, this is literally how things operate in Japan. Japan culture there as much as I respect a lot of Japanese culture, and they have so many things much more right than we do in the United States of America. And you don't see things like homelessness and other major problems being a scourge over there for a lot of these these reasons, like the social fabric and the familial dynamics are much better in a lot of ways. But there's also this idea that if you have a son or a daughter with any sort of problems, you just kind of lock them away in your house and you stay there all the time, and you make sure you're not inconveniencing anyone around you, and you just constantly have to hover over this problematic person who's part of your family. And so they're like, again, there's like some middle ground in between there where I think something is better. This is an email from Lina's dad. This says somebody was arrested because their license plate frame partially covered the first S and Sunshine state on a Florida license plate. This is the story man wrongfully arrested over license plate frame and they said this was after the clarification letter that you talked about yesterday. All right, I'm going to go through this story. When we come back, we will get into the Brown University stuff. I promise you. I got some crazy bombshells on that, some audio clips that you absolutely have to hear. I want to talk about this story that Lena's dad sent in this guy that got arrested over the license plate thing after the clarification went out, and I want to tell you something kind of strange related to my life in this and that is coming up next on the news. Chunky Courtney is freaking out of all things, she's freaking out about the license plate frame story that just won't go away.
Speaker 4: Got to be honest, I'm starting to get a little nervous as well.
Speaker 1: Yesterday after the show, we were on the level of I'll bring it to the timeline very quick, folks. First part of this was new law goes through specifically in the state of Florida in this case for those of you outside of Florida, the new law is you can't have anything covering your license plate. And then there's lots of confusion, like, what do you mean do you mean just those little frames with the car dealership around it? What do you mean? The stuff that obscures the plate and which parts of the plate, and all these different questions come up, and then police start pulling people over. This is very very like, it's way too open for interpretation. Then they issue clarification and they said, actually, as long as the numbers and letters are visible on your main license plate, as long as the state is visible, and your registration information is visible, you're good. The license plate frame should be okay. So Courtney went and printed out the clarification.
Speaker 9: As did I.
Speaker 2: After she sent me the PDF, thank you, she.
Speaker 1: Put it in the glove box of both of our covers, and I said, what are you gonna do? I was like, the cop is gonna pull you over, and you're gonna handle a little piece of paper, and all of a sudden, Courtney's going to be the like, I know my I'm not getting out.
Speaker 4: Of the car exactly like carding a statute number, blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Uh huh. He's gonna be like an auditor.
Speaker 2: And I'm filming for my safety officer.
Speaker 1: She she goes, I'm putting this in the car. She goes, no way, am I getting a five hundred dollars fine? For having this license plate frame over this nonsense. And she printed out the two little pieces of paper and folded them up real nicely and put them in the glove boxes of the vehicle. And I go, oh boy, I damn too.
Speaker 4: The dealer all most of your dealership of frames covermi Florida dot com.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's the dealership.
Speaker 3: So I saw this one. I took a picture of it. I thought you'd get a kick out of it, Sabrina, I saw this one on the way into work today. This, Uh, definitely a violation. Okay, what what? Why does it look like that?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but if it looks like this in real life, it's definitely a violation because I can't see it.
Speaker 2: Whoa right, Yeah, no, that's definitely gonna get you pulled over.
Speaker 1: This looks like it was a photograph taking with taking with one of those game Boy cameras that kind of worked.
Speaker 2: iPhone.
Speaker 3: It was totally normal on my screen, does it not?
Speaker 2: No, it looks like that on mine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how it looks over here on my phone. Okay, what a loser. God doesn't even know how to send a photograph across the internet. Unbelievable. Try and air drop it to my laptop. I want to see that. Let me get to the details on this story. Somebody sent over to tips at the news Junkie dot com about somebody getting arrested for this, and they said it was after the clarification on what happens with these license plate frames. So this is still pandemonium out there.
Speaker 11: Plate is obscured obscurred only On six A man goes to jail over that new law about plate but in a surprising twist, please now apologizing admitting they were wrong.
Speaker 1: Okay, buddy, if you admit that you're wrong and you're a cop, and I went to jail, what do I Yeah? I want something I don't just want We got that one wrong. Sorry, no, no.
Speaker 11: NBC Menaplacincia with details on the wrongful arrest.
Speaker 12: Mark was Dawson says he spent Monday night in jail after he was pulled over and arrested by Davy police for the license plate frame on his rental car Shine.
Speaker 1: As in Sunshine for like Sunshine come. And this was a rental car that he had. It shows a Mercedes and I'll tell you what, it's almost the exact same license plate frame. That Courtney has on her Mercedes and she may end up getting pulled over. So maybe she needs the print out. I don't know.
Speaker 2: They know, the print out to your license plate. That should be fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just hanging in the breeze, real big size seventy two font, I guess.
Speaker 12: Social media, Dawson posted this photo of the license frame, but according to an updated memo yesterday by Fluid Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, your frame can cover the top or bottom of the plate right as long as an officer can identify the state that's arrest. Davy Police apologized and had this statement, which read in part at the initial release of this updated law, the wording was vague unclear.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they so, I guess we'll just throw you in jail until we figure it out.
Speaker 2: That's insane.
Speaker 1: We didn't know what they really meant, so we just figured, all right, what is the.
Speaker 4: Fact that you pull up the plate. I mean, you got the numbers and you see that it's a rental. Yeah, and they're still going to arrest him.
Speaker 1: Like that should have been the most clear thing to the officer. Okay, this is not even this guy's car. He's clearly not a fault here, and they said after the initial release of this updated law, the wording was vague, unclear. It appeared to be open for misinterpretations, so we decided to misinterpret it. I guess those are my words, not theres the rights.
Speaker 12: The release of a memo of clarification from the Florida Police Chiefs Association was provided to our department. Officers are educated on the application and use of the statute. Unfortunately, it appears this arrest was invalid and we extend our apologies to mister Dawson.
Speaker 1: Little more than apologies for Dawson. Somebody says this is out of control. It is. Sunshine says, I'm not taking any chances. I'm telling you, I don't think you're alone. When I drove around the other day, I was looking. I was like, I used to see so many more of these plates, and I see people just raw dog in the plate on the back of the car with the screws. I think that people are freaked out, and I guess they should be.
Speaker 3: When I noticed that plate, I sent it to you again, hopefully it works this time. When I noticed that it's worse, I looked around and I was like, oh, there are a handful of plates and one of them was just almost totally covering Florida. Oh there, go are fine, Okay, thank god, check us out, Sabrina.
Speaker 2: All right, this is from it.
Speaker 1: It's from the Goofy movie.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh yeah, power Line.
Speaker 1: It says power line. It's the character from a Goofy movie. That is the license plate frame in this case, the madd It says, no, it's not twenty six, it's just P for power Line World toward nineteen ninety five. It does, though, and I think this is kind of what Ceiling was saying. It blocks the first letter a little bit. It does. That's definitely in violation.
Speaker 2: That's such an awesome frame.
Speaker 1: Imagine going to prison for for your power line goof Goofy movie license plate frame. It's crazy. I know somebody were like enough of this already. What am I supposed to do that? Literally, people are going to jail for.
Speaker 2: This now, I can see concerted.
Speaker 4: I'm like half and half because no, I don't want to get pulled over and have to deal with this. Apparently, if not everyone in law enforcement got the memo, then I could be getting arrested. But another part of me is gonna be like this is the letter Courtney's something about covers.
Speaker 1: I guess what I'll do because she Courtney said this, it was kind of hard to find. I'll take the letter that Courtney printed out and I'll put it on see it now in case anybody else wants to print it out, like like her. And then you get pulled over and you're like, officer, here's the piece of paper. Now, if a cop pulls you over and you reach for the glove box and you get shot, I am not responsible.
Speaker 3: It was also like, if you give the cop the piece of paper, what are the chances he's going to be like, you know, you're right, You're welcome to go on your way. Seems like some people would get more pissed off maybe, or it's really.
Speaker 2: The rest of the dude at the rental car.
Speaker 3: It's it's at the discretion of the police officer to you know, find you, arrest you whatever, and then he might just tell you to take it up with a judge.
Speaker 1: Right right?
Speaker 2: Is this where we're at, though? Like these are the priorities?
Speaker 1: Maybe a Kurt on YouTube says, like everybody has said, it's not new. I got a ditched that ten years ago because the county name was slightly hidden again, Kurt. When everybody says it's like, it's not new. No, no, it's not new. It is new because it's an it's it's an elevated charge. Okay, you got to ditch that. This guy got arrested. Yeah, it's a misdemeanor charge. It is very new and different that people are going to jail. That's unhinged. That's wild. That's happening right now. Am I missing something here?
Speaker 12: To help clear things up, the Miami Day Tax collector also sent out this image, and Davy police even explain the new guidance before apologizing to Dawson.
Speaker 13: So as long as officers are able to read your numbers here and registration sticker up here, you can have a frame if it's partially covering here where you can partially see Florida or just halfway she'd see something state site.
Speaker 12: This all began under a state law that took effect on October first, which states that anything that covers or alters your license plate is against the law. According to the arrest report, Dawson even went to the hospital since he says.
Speaker 2: He had a panic attack.
Speaker 12: He was okay and later released from jail on his own recognissance, but says he never should have been arrested.
Speaker 11: Yeah, commotion in the court about like Wes Bryan west Long about.
Speaker 1: This new statue. All right, I would have put this up on see it now. I'll put the list if you want to print it out yourself and you want to show the cops.
Speaker 2: Okay, small thought to have this power line frame.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, that one's a rough one though, that one you might still get in trouble for. But yeah, all right, I'm putting I'm grabbing the image right now and I'll put this up over on see it now.
Speaker 3: There was I saw one of the others. I didn't get a picture of it on the way to work, but when I saw that, I was like, oh, let me look around and see how everybody else is doing it. There are a bunch of frames, and one had the had the Florida part like almost completely covered.
Speaker 1: I was like, that person's in violation too. And it was a.
Speaker 3: It wasn't a custom license plate number like like like where you do the vanity plate with where you pick your own license tax number. But no, it was just a different plate like you know how you donate to the turtles you get a turtle plate whatever. In this case, it might be hard for the UH officer to determine that it's a Florida plate.
Speaker 1: That's why they want Florida.
Speaker 14: How about the orange and there wasn't an Orange Supreme.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, I am just reflecting on my friend's life. My Florida dot com is covered and it's not even dot gov, and I don't understand how that's going to be. I know it's not a violation according to the paper in the news article, in the thing we just saw, but someone's gonna get pulled.
Speaker 2: Over for it.
Speaker 1: So, folks, are you going to go the route Courtney did and print this out? I put it up on see it now. It's up right now. Everybody can access it, Seeland.
Speaker 2: Do you have a screwdriver? I can borrow unrelated if.
Speaker 1: You want to print it, go ahead. Actually, as a matter of fact, I'm gonna do something. It's on a twenty four hour paywall, but I'll take it off. I'll just keep that one up for free all the time. Um, and we go just gonna make it public. Make it public. Boom. Anybody listening to this at any time can go get that and print it if they want to over in the newsjunkie dot Com in the see it Now section, check that out. All right, let's see what else we got here. Lots of people chiming in on the show today and a bunch of crazy stories we have to get into. But for right now, let's get to shoot. Let's see here is shoot Jerry? Yeah? Shoot is what I said? Umm. Somebody says, I's all this in South Florida this morning, Love you junkies. And it's somebody's licensed plate, license tag and they just keep putting the registration stickers all over it when when one expires, they don't cover another one. Yeah, that they just keep putting them all over the plate, which is Yeah, that's not a good idea. That's going to cause more confusion than anything. It's stupid that we have to even deal with this, but here we are, regardless. Somebody says to tips in the news junker dot Com, what's up, junkies, haven't heard any of the shows actually talk about why this came about. I'm not sure if you saw a video that came out a month ago to defeat the new Flock camera systems and their AI license plate detection. It only takes a clear piece of saran wrap and a couple of dots from a permanent marker, and the AI can no longer read the license plate. I'll call bs on that right now, from a mile away. If you put saran wrap, clear saran wrap around your license plate tag, the cameras in the AI are going to read right through that. There's no way it works. A couple of dots ain't gonna do it. Unless you're obscuring the actual numbers and letters with these dots in some significant way. That's fake. That ain't working, He says. The plate is perfectly clear to anybody looking at it or normal cameras, And just two weeks later, this new law came out about these license plate friends. The law is not even for that. The law is for people who are putting incredibly dark and tinted covers in most cases, over their license plates and blazing through the pay toll lanes and they couldn't track them down to charge them, So the state wants their money. They don't want you blast them through the toll lanes. They don't want you to hide in your drivers or your license plate. So that's why they said we have to do something about this. There is where the law came from. Okay, lots of you with many, many thoughts. Today, still got the Brown University stuff because it's crazy what's going on there. I want to swing in a couple more positive and fun directions. Then we'll get over to the next episode and at the top of the hour, I'll play you these crazy clips. Things are falling apart with the investigation at this Brown University shooting, and you need to hear some of this that is on the way as well. It's all coming up next on the News Junkie. Learn more about the show. Welcome into the most viral newsroom details at thenewsjunkie dot com. Have you ever in the history of your car having life? Have you ever, Sabrina? Since Celen has abandoned us, apparently.
Speaker 2: On the show, taken off his frame on his plate.
Speaker 1: He ran outside because he doesn't want to get arrested for his license plate frame. That makes sense. Maybe he's printing out the thing that that.
Speaker 2: Courtney said again laminated Stein.
Speaker 1: Oh well, a lot of people freaking out about that, but I would freak out about this. Have you ever had an animal that crawled up into your car?
Speaker 4: So I have not had on my car, but I will never forget because I was I think I had taken the day off because I was moving out of that like remember my tiny little closet studio apartment the show, and I was like moving out, and then we watched this and.
Speaker 2: We it was the four cars that stopped traffic.
Speaker 4: A little kitten crawling to the car in front of me up the back wheel.
Speaker 2: So I had gotten.
Speaker 4: Out and it just really got in the undercarriage until I got that Tasmanian devil of a kitten out and it bit me all over. And that was the one experience I had that relates to your question, Sean. Oh absolutely. I also became friends with the two ladies on Facebook.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's worth it because sometimes you see this stuff happen and the little kittens and stuff are commonly doing this. He'll crawl up into your engine. This guy had a completely different scenario, Seelene, what about you give me an expanded version of your experience with animals hiding in your car?
Speaker 4: I mean, Selen, do you want to say the story or if not, I can totally get you started. I remember that one time when that thing crawled up into your car.
Speaker 1: No, no, just go with then, well where were you? What's going on? I had to go downstairs? Okay? Oh downstairs bathroom trip? Okay, all right, all right, all right.
Speaker 3: The guy had just like mopped the floors and they were still slippery.
Speaker 1: And what did you do to the floor? No, this is how you go. Now, just get in there.
Speaker 2: Earned the right.
Speaker 1: I want to get into this story. Tell me if anything like this has ever happened to you, though ceiling. This is a guy who found something under the hood of his SUV. Freaked his old ass out here. He is not quite a Christmas present.
Speaker 15: An unusual smell coming from his suv, and some of his friends noticed.
Speaker 1: It too, something that say it's not me.
Speaker 15: After a couple of days, he scheduled the maintenance check at the car dealership, but the day before he decided to pop the hood just for good measure.
Speaker 1: Right now, yeah, the car.
Speaker 2: I could not believe what I was saying.
Speaker 8: He found a yellow slillery passenger.
Speaker 1: All right, that's gotta be somebody's pet exotic python that he found underneath the hood of his car. It's all curled up. I don't know if it's on the battery or something that looks like it might be on the main battery. It's dead, right? Oh? Is it?
Speaker 2: That's dead? What's the smell?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Hold on, This is a weird question. If a snake connected to the positive and negati of terminals of a battery, would it not? No, it's not enough, it's not. Yeah. Yeah, that would be weird if it would happen that way. But he's dead on top of the battery like that, like what maybe maybe it's a wet you don't.
Speaker 8: Know in his engine compartment.
Speaker 16: Lo and behold up and flew it up and looked, and there he laid on top of the battery box.
Speaker 8: He tould not believe it, and neither could his family.
Speaker 17: She said, dead do this?
Speaker 1: Don't stand this stuff? Mate.
Speaker 8: Hodge called young Williams.
Speaker 1: Animals sense you're sending snake photos to his daughter and his daughter photos. Thank you, Dad, Please stop sending me this. I don't want to see your snake photos. Please came out.
Speaker 15: To remove the snake e sadly or thankfully, depending on who you ask.
Speaker 8: The snake was dead.
Speaker 2: I saw pictures of it. I'm like, is that fake?
Speaker 3: Is that real?
Speaker 8: Hailey Oakley with.
Speaker 15: This type of snake is definitely not a Tennessee native and did not end up in the US on accident.
Speaker 18: That would have to be some sort of escaped pet or sadly a released pet if someone got tired of taking care of it.
Speaker 1: I bet the habits all the time with these stupid things too. They're like, we.
Speaker 2: Want these canals a minute.
Speaker 1: It's pretty big. I know, I can't tell exactly how it is, but they had on the ground must have been six feet plus seven feet. Well, he was a little whistling, that guy he found an exotic python.
Speaker 2: Car of the stop shine on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that. Gosh, could be the same guy. Maybe, for all we know, maybe he's moved up there.
Speaker 4: Who got all of zero point two seconds on the news getting his button down, and.
Speaker 1: Later on he probably told his friends, you guys, I'm going to be on the news.
Speaker 2: He interviewed me for thirty minutes. I gotta talking.
Speaker 1: Everybody gather around like they used to. You know, I'm going to be on the news, did I Everybody gather around and then you just go. It was crazy. That was that's like only clip that get of you. Okay, we got a couple of dispatches to work in here, let's see what I'm not a hippie has to say about the license plate drama.
Speaker 19: We can do all right, if the state of Florida needs more money, what do you do? Sit back and nitpick at little things. It's like the license plate vanity place, and you find us, you arrest us.
Speaker 1: Their rest rates goes up.
Speaker 19: But it's easier to do that than just to go to the dealerships and put out of statements to these dealerships telling them to redesign those stop making them because they can't get money out of the dealerships.
Speaker 1: But they can get money out of us.
Speaker 2: It's all about the money, folks.
Speaker 1: Here's the deal. Here's how this is. Like simply put for me, this whole conundrum could be solved if law enforcement said, yeah, we agree the law is very vague. We won't be pulling anyone over for this. We will explain to people if they're pulled over for other reasons, Hey, just so you know your tag is or is not invi elation and whatever. But the idea that they were acknowledging that this law was vague and they sent a dude to jail, that is a wild times, absolute wild times to me. One more person who had this issue here at the Land Nomad. It what's up, junkies.
Speaker 16: So yeah, as far as the license plate thing goes, I used to have that same problem, but on a motorcycle. So they outlawed for a while vertical license plates. And then Charlie Christ came into office and he took out where it says it has to be a fixed horizontally and just took out horizontally.
Speaker 1: So really for motorcycle well.
Speaker 16: At that point, but it had to read from top to bottom, so you had to have a clockwise from being horizontal.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm kind of lost in what you're saying, but I guess they changed the laws a little bit for the folks on motorcycles and how their license plates had to be. And it caused the same kind of pandemonium I guess, he said. For a while, I carried around the statute printed out on in my back pocket so I could show them anytime they would pull me over. So kind of funny that Courtney's doing that anyway. Wiggle wiggle pop pop says the land Nomad, thank you for that. That'll have to do it for at least a moment, But you can get your comments on the show. Certainly we'll work those in today. All you have to do is go to Thenewsjunkie dot com and we'll get to you very very soon. Let's see what else. Oh I saw this. I was like, there are so many absolutely clueless people in the world staring at their phones. And the video that's starting to take off right now that you might see soon is from Milford, Massachusetts. It was released by the Milford Police Department. I'm going to put it up for you on See It Now. Momentarily. This person is on their phone and nearly gets killed. All right, so I'm gonna describe this for everybody again. I'll put it up on See It Now. Guy is in the lane right now, in the lane. There's no cars coming just yet, but he's standing in the lane and he's on his phone, and I think he's trying to get a picture, because he backs up further into the center of the lane to take a picture, not looking at all. Traffic is incoming. There are two cars headed for this man who is so enthralled with taking this photograph or whatever he's doing on his phone that he's in the middle of the road. All right. I see so many you buried in your phones every day doing this stuff. He's in the middle of the road, not knowing what's going on. The car doesn't see him. He notices the last moment, at the very very last moment he notices and he sees it gets clipped by this truck. This idiot was just sitting there in the middle of the lane. How do you not see the lights coming at you? I don't know. I would absolutely see this coming. He's just completely clueless in the lane with cars incoming taking a picture backing up even for he's dead in the center of the lane. The car clips his and he doesn't notice the last moment and then it ways a mile away. The guy almost died. There's so many stupid people staring at their phones like this again. I'll put this up on see it now in just a moment, so you could take a peek at what's going on here. All right? When we come back the next episode with Sabrina, what's coming up on the next episode.
Speaker 4: I'm so glad you asked what's coming new from the next episode episode? It's Christmas time, everyone, so I'm gonna break down anything and everything my prep sites are publishing to meet December quote Sachs State has found its next head coach and his previous.
Speaker 2: Job is my mind mind blowing.
Speaker 4: Plus he will triple down, but I will still share how lonely that hill Sean will die on.
Speaker 2: Is Welldn's so much more coming up on the next episode.
Speaker 5: And that is coming up next on the news, Chunkie.
Speaker 1: I got time to work this in real quick before the next episode. So let's try this. This was remember the story we talked about yesterday where that child that was missing for forty years was found after after four years. This had the like the she was age progressed in the poster that they did. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, and they say, and I guess it was pretty close. This woman, she is Deborah Newton and she allegedly abducted her child, Michelle Newton, when she was three years old from Kentucky in nineteen eighty three. This was her non custodial mother at the time. She was on the FBI's eight most wanted parental kidnapping fugitives lists at one moment and now after a new Crime Stoppers tip forty years later, this woman was in the villages and her neighbor thought her name was Sharon, and they even joked around when the cops were there. The neighbor had no idea she was really in trouble. Here's the body camp footage. Real quick.
Speaker 9: Are you doing at good?
Speaker 1: The neighbor has no clue. She's laughing. She says, Oh, they're coming for you. They are. They are coming from this woman. And then you don't even know what that woman's name is because she's been lying to you. Are you doing, Oh, you're coming for you, Sharon.
Speaker 7: They don't they Reggie.
Speaker 1: Oh we're here for you, ma'am. She said, they're not coming for me. They're coming for Reggie, talking about her little dog she's walking at the moment. And then they're like, oh, ma'am, you know, just say no, we are here for you.
Speaker 6: We are.
Speaker 1: Indeed, we're here for you, ma'am. Definitely here for you. Yikes, whoa why the neighbors still smiling. We're waiting on the tective get here. But we have with all the information that we do have, you have a want for your rest. They're teasing, you're not see your birthday? Who goes, we're not man back up with all the information that we do have, you have a want for your rest. Why was that man? We're not, ma'am, get the hell back, so sorry, go ahead and go. Yeah, it is awkward. And they covered her after forty years arrested for abducting her own daughter, her three year old daughter, and moving her out of state. Pretty crazy to see that. All right, I'll put that up on see it now as well if we're on the news junky dot com, so you can check out the visual. Right now, let's get into it. Let's do the next episode, because there's a lot on TV and you can't possibly keep up with all of it, even though you should, because what else are you going to talk about? It's a goose down. Wow, it's the next episode with Sabrina.
Speaker 2: Hey, hold up.
Speaker 4: The next episode brought to you by that Mortgage Guy Do on That Mortgage Guy Done dot com, The Homelands Radio Show and when it comes to refinancing, maybe buying your first dream home twenty twenty six, New Year, New You, new home. Work with someone who's got your back, and I can attest to you many of people who have worked with that mortgage guy Don, but most recently one of my best friends Dan aka Shakes Vanilla and Lucia Lisa he has worked with Don. He made the process easy, and he'll do the same for you. It's his first home, so let Don be the one that gives you your first home or just.
Speaker 2: Reprimands at home. Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 4: I can't wait to jam out there, go to that mortgage guy, Don dot Com and jam out there Domas.
Speaker 9: Dot Com. Here we go.
Speaker 2: It was fifty six years ago, nineteen sixty nine.
Speaker 1: Nice. Uh huh.
Speaker 2: It was on this day that Johnny Carson allowed this guy, right, y'all elvi nope, uh hawaiian u uh.
Speaker 1: Oh Tom Thom or something, Timmy, you're so close. It is teaching Tiny Tim.
Speaker 4: Merry Christmas everyone, except it wasn't the cute little kid with a wooden crutch. It was Tiny Tim who married his first wife on the Johnny Carson Show, who was nice, seventeen year old miss Vicky.
Speaker 1: All right, I want to do a sort of like Miss Rachel kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Or she was seventeen Oh okay. The marriage didn't last.
Speaker 4: They divorced a few years later, and Tim was on to his third wife when he died in nineteen ninety six. Didn't he die Like in the middle of singing the song I remember see. I even google it for me real quick because how did die when it happened?
Speaker 1: As kids do not know who Tiny Tim is these days, it's.
Speaker 2: This creep right here, beautiful.
Speaker 4: I feel like if they don't know who he is, though it's used in like almost every single horror flick.
Speaker 1: Is freaky deeky little song there for sure. It said he suffered a heart attack at a ukulele festival, but.
Speaker 3: It doesn't say if he was currently playing Tiptoe through the Tulips Wait hold On.
Speaker 1: Before the start of his performance, most of the audience had left.
Speaker 3: He was playing at a Galla benefit hosted by the Women's Called Minneapolis. He left his third life a wife, miss Sue. He didn't want his disappoint his fans. Most of the audiences left. In the middle of performing his last number of the evening, Tiptoe through the Tulips, he suffered another heart attack on stage.
Speaker 9: I'm still alive, I'm fat, my legs are badly broken.
Speaker 2: I'm part of myself for quoting something. Finally, there you go.
Speaker 1: You got it.
Speaker 2: It's not only.
Speaker 4: Christmas, but a very happy Hanuka to all of our Jewish friends. Maybe it's Day eight when you're listening to it. But nevertheless, this message rings loud and clear.
Speaker 17: But anyway, they wanted me to issh you happy Chinooka. I have no idea what Chanooka is, but happy Chinooka because they said so.
Speaker 2: All right, everybody is the fourth night?
Speaker 3: Ah and this means modest Yahoo is just really baked out of his skull.
Speaker 2: Where's the rich male?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: We played a video him. I think I was on Monday? Was that Monday or that day? He was smoking madus Yaho was smoking out of a menora And as much as that guy smokes weed, it looked like it was going to kill him. This was like a the bong was too powerful for the world.
Speaker 2: I think, have you ever seen like the menora joint that people know?
Speaker 1: I have seen something like that?
Speaker 2: Very interesting? And then we'll put you on your ass.
Speaker 4: So it's the fourth night of Chanooka and it is the twentieth week at number one.
Speaker 9: For you guessed it?
Speaker 2: Where I a Gary?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, this has been number one for twenty weeks.
Speaker 2: That's rash.
Speaker 1: It is this the Manora joint?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's kicking in right now right here? Say too there I ruined it?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 4: I thought you were talking about the song, because if you're very stoned, you're wondering if you're hearing that.
Speaker 1: Looks like a minora joint though. Yeah, it's like a bunch of these actual things where people turned to Manora's or joints into Minora's. Do you know that was the thing? Are like? They did?
Speaker 2: They turned one thing of oil into enough for eight days?
Speaker 1: Yeah? The fish? What the fish? No?
Speaker 2: I think it was oil to light the candle.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, yeah, I mean Jesus did the same thing with the fish though, and the loafs. That's a Catholic thing, the wine.
Speaker 2: That would teach a man to fish time forever.
Speaker 1: For the record, I know the difference between Catholicism and Judaism, the difference between the two.
Speaker 2: That's a East infection.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 17: They want me toish you happy chinooka.
Speaker 4: So Mariah Carey, all I want for Christmas is you achieves a record breaking twentieth week at number one on the Billboard Hot one hundred, now rewriting the mark for the longest rain over the church, Church, sick Fish, even your astray.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's actually a good song? Yes?
Speaker 20: Or no?
Speaker 2: I don't even know anymore. I think it's just there and all I Want for Christmas is You.
Speaker 1: I think it's a banger.
Speaker 2: I don't hate it, not like Celian hates Last Christmas.
Speaker 9: Um am.
Speaker 2: I like going to die if I never hear it again. Absolutely not.
Speaker 1: It's not Mariah Carey's best song.
Speaker 2: But what's song two?
Speaker 1: One? Always baby for me? No, what's the one from Free Guy? What's what's the one from Oh Mary Guy? Yeah, Mariah Carey Free Fantasy Fantasy with.
Speaker 2: Old dirty boo doo doo dooo doop.
Speaker 1: That one should be doo doo doo that one. I think that's the one. Thank you. Yeah, it's it's super catchy. That's a great song.
Speaker 2: Oh not as catchy as All I Want for Christmas as You.
Speaker 4: The song originally released in nineteen ninety four, or passes the number one runs of two hits that led the Hot one hundred for over one release cycle, that is Shaboozi's a bar song Tipsy in twenty twenty four and Old Town Road featuring Billy Rey Cyrus in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so she is just raking in dem dollars.
Speaker 4: I mean I did a story a couple of weeks ago, was around two and a half million dollars in royalties a year, so surely she's going to get more this year, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I would think so. I mean, I like, just imagine doing absolutely nothing because of that song, still a millionaire multiple times literally, just built in a Christmas bonus. You don't even need a job. Man.
Speaker 4: So while we're here talking about Mariah Carries, all I want for Christmas is you if you can tolerate it?
Speaker 1: Do you know?
Speaker 4: According to Canada Sports Betting using search data, did they determine, yes, they did, which state loves it the most?
Speaker 2: You know they're not going on.
Speaker 3: Right, ok in their maple syrup covered nose into what the states listened to?
Speaker 2: So you don't want to do this? So you want to do it?
Speaker 1: No, go ahead, I forgot what you're doing. Restate it. What's happening?
Speaker 3: Which state listen listens to the most? To all of one for Christmas?
Speaker 5: Is you?
Speaker 15: You?
Speaker 1: I think it is? Uh, New York City?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a good, good guess.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go with Texas.
Speaker 2: Okay, Sea Lane, you're much closer, but neither of you.
Speaker 1: Right, It is.
Speaker 4: Louisiana Okay, Geographically he is closer. Yes, the top five, rounded out by Florida, North Carolina, Mississippi, and Hawaii. And they're determining in Canada and sports Betting to be exact, that it's because they're warm states.
Speaker 1: This is like an unfinished sneeze, This song bringing unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, see, I meant to play the other version I have and I grab it is Maria Carey. All I want is sneeze that I How about this one? How about this one?
Speaker 1: Here?
Speaker 4: All right, I'm now I'm tired of the song. The state that's least likely to care about Mariah or Maria, according to Sea Lion and the latest.
Speaker 2: Instagram post listen, I read the name wrong.
Speaker 4: Is New Hampshire, Montana, Wyoming, Maine in South Dakota. So there you have it, my friends, God bless, God bless indeed, and God bless changing careers.
Speaker 2: I guess this was not one that I had on the Bengo card.
Speaker 4: Maybe it wasn't for Alonso Carter because according to reports sport reports to be exact, Sack State's got a new head coach and Alono card. Yes they do, all right, Sack that state and he joins the Hornets from Arizona. He's been the running backs coach and assistant head coach obviously for the Wildcats since January of twenty twenty four. Before you're doing any sort of sports or coaching of said sports, he was the backup dancer and.
Speaker 2: Choreographer for this guy right here. So when you see.
Speaker 4: Sack State and the guy's kind of moving around in an empty hammer kind of way.
Speaker 1: Do you think that the it?
Speaker 3: Do you think that the opposing teams when they're when they're at away games play this song over the loudspeaker to troll this guy, because if they don't, they're missing out.
Speaker 4: I mean, as a choreographer, you must have some sort of like leg up or jazz hand up when it comes to moving and grooving on the on the field.
Speaker 1: I would hope, so, yeah, I would think.
Speaker 2: So I would hope and think as well, Sean.
Speaker 1: It's all I do.
Speaker 2: All I do is hoping to hope and think I love.
Speaker 1: I do a lot more hoping than thinking.
Speaker 2: I've been dreaming. Okay, what about what this boobtube is going to be tonight?
Speaker 1: So here I go.
Speaker 4: We have a Trump's live National Address, big Time. All it says is nine pm Eastern.
Speaker 2: No idea, Yeah, but.
Speaker 4: Most importantly, we have the iHeartRadio jingle ball twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: We Love My Company.
Speaker 4: Also, the forty nine season finale of Survivor, the fourth season finale of the Floor seems like a good time, nine season finale of Sistos, And you can catch the series premiere.
Speaker 2: Of What's in the Box on Netflix.
Speaker 4: My guest Gwyneth Paltrow's head follow your Dreams of Me on Instagram's Breena and Bro.
Speaker 2: Most importantly, they with me America smoke every day.
Speaker 1: The TV folks have given up as well. It is just the What's in the Box? We come in that rainbow floor. Yeah, far Survivor nine billion.
Speaker 2: Nobody even likes Survivor season is gonna be great.
Speaker 3: They're about to celebrate fifty seasons the Survivor is nobody watching.
Speaker 1: I watched the first season, I think so.
Speaker 4: The second season is premiering tonight. I just started rewatching the first season, right, I like it. I'm excited at least for something new because everything else is ending.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean there's some garbage stuff out there. Everything's kind of falling apart. You know what I saw ratings for the other day. I didn't realize this had fallen off so hard, Always in Always Sonny in Philadelphia. It may still be on, but just barely. Holy cow, Really, I don't know what that shows on. I don't even know where it's airing now. But I saw the ratings for it the other day. It was affects where we started. I thought it was a new episode, okay of it's Always Sonny in Philadelphia, And it brought in one hundred and twelve thousand viewers, and I was like, Jesus, man, this thing has fallen off. I don't know if it's still funny or if it's like if people just aren't watching now because it's not as good anymore. I don't know. Sometimes I fall off the stuff and I want to go back to see if it's good. Like is Bob's Burger is good again? I'n't seen it in ten years.
Speaker 4: I loved that show because I think we're in a state of like drama and blood and gore and mystery or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, think about this. Back to the Survivor just for a quick second.
Speaker 21: No.
Speaker 3: Saturday Night Live just celebrated their fiftieth season, right, and they premiered.
Speaker 1: In nineteen seventy one. Seventy four. They premiered in the nineteen seventies.
Speaker 3: Correct Survivor is about to celebrate their fiftieth season and they first aired May of two thousand.
Speaker 2: I mean that guy doesn't take a break, right right?
Speaker 1: Sol first SNL was October eleventh, nineteen seventy five. Gotcha? So yeah they Jeff Prope's still out there, still doing his thing to dwindling. Ever, seeing as kids all these stupid shows were like, we don't want it to be as drum anymore. What are you crazy? What are you stupid? That's why people watch these shows exactly what's in the box.
Speaker 2: It's going to be so crazy and full of drama.
Speaker 1: You guys got obsessed with casting people based on their skin color and stuff that you forgot the cast people who are interesting, wackos, weirdos, smart people, aw strange, different, all these people and then you put them in the same house and you get a bunch of drama. They did that to all these shows, and nobody watches them anymore. It's boring. Get it exciting again, Please kill them? Sean episode fifty Survivor, Season fifty Survivor, everybody gets a gun and then we see what happens. Now I'm tuned in.
Speaker 2: Now I'm watching what's going to get drodden the.
Speaker 1: Foe Brown University. This whole thing has been a scandal.
Speaker 2: Man, It's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I wasn't doing it on purpose. I'm just telling you we have to get into this because it is a scandal. Wait to hear some of these audio clips of how things the wheels are falling off at this university where there was just an active shooter killed a couple of people in nine of them. And this is the other side of it. Now, this is like is the school doing things right if you have a kid in school, or if you just want to wonder how these things happen and this illusion of security I talk about. Don't miss out on what I'm about to play for you because it's coming up next some of the news Chunky Brown University has a massive scandal on their hands, and I have to tell you I feel incredibly sorry for them because one of the problems is their security cameras only caught like two sites of this guy who shot up the school and killed a couple of students and injured about nine more. And you know, who knows where that's gonna end up and the school has like two blurry shots that's it of this person that they've released. I feel very bad for them, though, Sabrina, because as I checked, they are only going to pull in at Brown University one point seventy nine billion dollars this year. So what do you mean and what the budgets are very tight at Brown University? When you only make two billion dollars a year, do you really have money for things like security cameras on campus?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 1: Well, clearly not.
Speaker 2: No private school.
Speaker 1: Come on, This is a school that is just like all these other schools, living under the illusion of security. And they can't even do the easiest thing ever, which is just to get high quality cameras that could capture anything that would happen on this on this campus. And there's so many things that are so embarrassing about the response from law enforcement in Rhode Island, in Providence in particular, the response from Brown University all of this. The journalists over there are doing a bang up job actually, for one, holding these people's feet to the fire, because these people are a catastrophe and their response to this school shooting. Listen to how some of the press conference went down yesterday. Well, do you believe that.
Speaker 22: Brown had the precautions and safety measures in place before the shooting.
Speaker 1: That were appropriate and necessary? I do.
Speaker 23: I do, And in fact, I'm glad you mentioned the sirens because I think there's been some misinformation about that. We have two security systems that we can activate in a time of an emergency. One is a system that sends out text messages, phone calls, emails, and it was activated within minutes of the incident. Those messages were twenty thousand individuals.
Speaker 1: First of all, why are you bragging about minutes a gunshot went off? Well, a person emptied the gun multiple times as far as I'm aware here and killed a whole bunch of people, injured even more, killed at least two. Probably that number could grow. And you're like, well minutes later, think about minutes after a gunshot goes off, and that's when you send a text message out to alert the students. We sent twenty thousand text messages out. Hey, while you did this, the big fat shooter was wandering along the sidewalk wondering why nobody was arresting him, going over to the police officers and be like, h what you guys doing what's.
Speaker 2: Up to over hereing back and forth.
Speaker 1: Looking see what's happening. The whole thing just a catastrophe. So she goes, well, we within minutes and it's a matter of minutes we sent out these text messages. Okay, what else, so all alerts.
Speaker 23: We also have a system of sirens. There are three sirens placed across campus. Those get activated when there is a broad scale emergency and we want people to rush into buildings. In the case of an active shooter, activating that system could.
Speaker 2: Have caused people to rush into barriss at halt.
Speaker 1: Okay, just to be clear, we have emergency sirens. They were to be used in the case of big emergencies, but we didn't use it in this case because like it would make it worse or whatever. How about use the siren as a policy to say, like, hey, there's danger happening on campus right now, there's a danger afoot on the campus, get the hell out of here. But they even said on their own website that these sirens were to be used in school shootings. And this woman who is so inept Christina Packson, the president of Brown University, that it's almost criminal. This woman then runs into it with one of these journalists.
Speaker 23: Again, so that's not a system that we would ever use in the case of an active shooter.
Speaker 16: So does follow up too, He does say on the website when it was launched asper an.
Speaker 23: Actors shooting, it depends on the circumstances and where the active shooter would be. But you don't want to ever get people rushing into buildings that might be the site of an active shooting.
Speaker 1: Okay. So it says on the school website that the sirens that you didn't use are to be used in the instance that there was god forbid, a school shooting on Brown University's campus. And she said, well, yeah, maybe for some of them, but not for this one, okay.
Speaker 2: And then the sirens use every time.
Speaker 1: The sirens should be used just to alert that these people are in danger. Just play the scien guy.
Speaker 4: But everything that is, uh, you know, in the the event of an emergency, anything that could prevent it. But obviously these things still happen. What are you doing at that moment? No messages and sirens don't stop anything.
Speaker 1: No text messages even until minutes later. So as this was happening, no sirens, noses, she said, minutes. I don't know how many minutes, but she said minutes before that was all sent out, which is probably useless when the guy's already walking his fat ass away from the campus after shooting these kids up.
Speaker 4: Maybe ask the people that are still fighting for their lives in the hospital.
Speaker 1: What this is now. It's worse. Providence Police Department, the Feds, everybody has messed this up. It's been a disaster. How do you get away? How do you get away from there? How do you shoot a school or in the case of the Charlie Kirk situation, how do you get away? How do you walk away from the scene? How is that even remotely possible? In this case? The guy just walked right out here they are talking about, isn't surely there's more footage, right?
Speaker 24: There is no footage I can I'll try to say it again, there's no footage that depicts this individual that would be useful in identifying him, blowing that we have not released you, and I think you can tell from frankly, the not very healthful quality of the initial footage to our standard is pretty low.
Speaker 17: We thought it was an all.
Speaker 1: Healthful I assure.
Speaker 4: I guess I appreciate the transparency that's insane. There's nothing nothing, not one thing nothing.
Speaker 1: There's no videos of this shore going classroom.
Speaker 2: Cameras, no nobody's ring footage.
Speaker 1: Video as I think two videos total that they have released. Potato ask quality videos again. I will tell you this is a school that took money from parents to enroll their kids at this scam of a school for almost two billion dollars in revenue and any calendar year. And they had old, outdated, broken security cameras because they just thought, why waste money on that. It ain't gonna happen here. In this dude's admitting he's like, you know, I gotta tell you, we know that the footage sucks that we have. The cops are outside kicking the snow around. They're kicking the snow trying to find some clues.
Speaker 25: Here.
Speaker 1: Here's where our investigation's at fbis out there comb the snow. Yeah, this is literally from Spaceball. They're combing the snow. They're taking their feet and wiping it in the snow to find clues.
Speaker 21: You see them that they're ticking the snow out of the way, methodically looking step by step, looking to see if there's anything in the snow help to help points them in the right direction.
Speaker 17: Particulous.
Speaker 1: It was like an investigation from the seventeen hundreds.
Speaker 4: Out of real nine one one, and I think they would solve it faster than them.
Speaker 1: You say, I'm looking for bullet casings or why, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't think I know where they all got shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's crazy. Let's see all I got more. I've got more. This is why I told you. This whole thing is the store, all right? This is that. Then they said there was a student who was dosed and they were removing some pages of him, and I guess the president of the university wasn't aware of that.
Speaker 19: I saw students even taking down Is that responded to any external press anywhere.
Speaker 23: We have been working very closely with law enforcement to provide them with all of the internal to brown information that they need to do this investigation. It's their investigation. They're the professional, so we're providing information. We're not in the job of reviewing it for them. I know nothing about web page is being taken down as part of this.
Speaker 1: Uh, it's the first I've heard. It is the first I've heard here. This is like one of the most viral things on the internet. Yesterday was that they were naming people in boxing people that they were alleging were involved and taking down pages. And here's more, this is the police in this case, Providence Police Chief. The whole thing is a damn joke. Here's another exhibit here, Exhibit D. The video came from inside the building and that's all we had at the moment. So we have at this moment, so it's from the outstet.
Speaker 25: So you have video broth both and just tell that's what we have insider outbuilding.
Speaker 1: That was the outside of the we released that. Let me let me just jump yeah, let's just jump in here and tell you just so I could triple down on this. Are we ever going to find out who did this? Or is this just the new thing where people get away with shooting up a school in the.
Speaker 2: Middle of the Luigi Mangioni to get caught fin.
Speaker 1: Somebody google it. They had a couple of days before the shooter of Charlie Kirk Tyler Robinson or whatever his name is was apprehended, and they were chasing down a bunch of good leads in his case. They did their best there. It's still unbelievable that that person, even though that was more understandable. They were on a rooftop and stuff, and they jumped off the building and hid with the chaos of the crowd. In this case, this is just a big, fat ass dude, puts his revolver, his gun or whatever, his handgun in his jacket, wanders outside, and then when the cops are starting to arrive, he's like, WHOA, what's going on here?
Speaker 2: And it was crazy.
Speaker 1: Was it one classroom or he was I don't know the class and what I mean in terms of the places he targeted.
Speaker 4: Yeah, from what I understand, it was like an engineering class, right, they were in finals or something like that. So I would narrow down, you know, or at least start a good starting point of how that is related why that particular place. I've never been to Brown University, so I wouldn't know where I'm going.
Speaker 2: But it seemed like.
Speaker 1: They don't know why he targeted the place because they haven't found him. They were too busy arresting the wrong guy. The Feds. Worse is together the local cops got nothing, and they've been a disaster. In the press conference, is the president excuse me if the university has been a catastrophe she's an app She needs to resign right now. The whole thing is rotten. It's embarrassing, man. It's all, folks, the illusion of security. All of these places are like this. It is just the fact of the matter. We have to be realistic about things. This is where we're at now. It's just this is unaccepted all the way through. Tell us what you think. Send a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com. A lot of people were responding to this, and we do appreciate that. Somebody talking about Rob Ryaner saying the twenty seven year old daughter of Robin Michelle Ryner, found her father's body inside the family's home. Romi her name, arrived at the house Sunday afternoon after being contacted by a massage therapist who was unable to access the property. She discovered her father's body and fled the home, not knowing that her mother was also dead inside. That is true. Yeah, I heard that. A family friend tells us that Romi was later told by a paramedic that also her mother had been killed in the incident. That is absolutely true. Anonymous emails. Maybe instead of the Department of Education attacking higher education, maybe they should make a minimum requirement for schools if they want federal money, Like if schools don't do X, Y and Z and campus security, then your students won't get federal.
Speaker 2: Money, any federal money, that is alumni donations.
Speaker 1: And parents should be looking at this as well. This school Anonymous, had no money excuses at all. They make billions of dollars a year. This is an expensive, prestigious university. The professors are paid very well. Everybody involved, including the president, are paid incredibly well to run this school. They are lazy like this. They let security systems age because nothing has happened recently. They don't actually care about this stuff until something happens and they're caught with their pants around their ankles. These are the pants that are around the ankles, and the whole world sees it right now.
Speaker 3: This is like a loove situation, but people died, yeah you know, like you know, the password was love, and it's nothing's happened here in a long long time.
Speaker 2: Because universities are examining security.
Speaker 1: Because yes, sure right, yes I hope they are too, But shouldn't they have done this the previous one and the previous one and the previous one down the line like, what do you need? Man? It's just like, where's all this money going? You have this institution that just washes money, and you get billions of dollars overcharging kids to be in debt for maybe the rest of their lives, half of them on career paths that will never make their money back. People more just disillusioned with college than ever before. And you can't even have a security system with a decent photograph of somebody who goes and kills the people that pay to be there. It's crazy, it's unacceptable, it's ridiculous. Headshited roll. Let me know what you think. Send a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com. Thenewsjunkie dot com. There it is for you, and we got some other stuff to get into today, So let's do that. A woman arrested for the unthinkable. Wait until you hear what has this woman in the news today? And a town that is blowing up with people who are in the Christmas spirit? Why are they showing up at this one town in Connecticut? Details on the way It's coming up next on the news. Chunky Hey for the record. The president of Brown University, the woman who sounds like she has no idea what's going on. Has been an aptom should be fired immediately if she doesn't resign. She made three million dollars last year just for the record three million bucks and she has no idea what's going on. That's just unbelievable to consider. I have maybe the more shocking story today to me. Some weird people out there, and this is proof of it. I think there's a woman who has been arrested and she's accused of committing a pretty wild crime at some Walmart locations. And they found this lady, Camille Benson is her name, after people were freaking out. You might want to have this on your radar just in case, because multiple people purchased bread at these Walmarts only to find that this woman had placed razor blades inside the loaves of.
Speaker 4: Body rumors we'd heard for decades Halloween.
Speaker 1: She actually yeah, yeah, as a Texas woman was arrested Tuesday accused of inserting razor blades into loaves of bread at two Walmart locations. Location sold on razor blades Walmart. Let me say I could bring up a quick report on this. Here's Fox ten.
Speaker 2: Who breaking this hour.
Speaker 22: Biloxi police have just announced and arrest connected to razor blades found in bakery items at two Walmart stores or Nowie Williamson is live at biloxipd tonight. Now only this is a story a lot of people are talking about right now.
Speaker 26: It really is Shelby.
Speaker 2: It's caused a lot of concern.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course as people are buying bread with razor blades in it. What a nut job.
Speaker 26: This lady is panic, especially given more than ten razor blades were found in several loads of bread at multiple Walmarts. Flexi police have just confirmed thirty three year old Camilla Benson husband.
Speaker 1: Alight, here's our razor blade bread lady, and Camilla Benson is her name. She's got the bleach blonde curly. I don't know what you call that hair. Yeah, it's a little bit like ramen noodle, looking like old justin Timberlake style, and that's kind of looked like Timberlake. Camille Benson faced tats and all is the woman apparently putting the razor blades in the bakery breast.
Speaker 26: In connection to this, police release the surveillance photos you're seeing right now of Benson.
Speaker 1: Just ah damn, I on see it now is a razor blade straight jutting out of the slice of bread at the bakery like a big thick bread whatever kind it is, his sliced loaf pre Aprioche sliced loaf from market side, which is maybe the brand that they have inside Walmart. And I'm talking full on big ass razor blades that this woman put inside. I just took a screenshot. I'll post the video on see it now in a moments, so to go.
Speaker 26: Investigators say those images helped lead to her arrest after someone spotted her on Division Street.
Speaker 17: Now.
Speaker 26: Over the past eleven days, razor blades were found in both a banana nut muffin and several loads of bread ad to Biloxi Walmart stores, the superstore on CT Switzer Senior Drive and the Neighborhood Market on Pass Road. On Monday, multiple customers complained to Walmart that they found razors in their loaves, per just at the superstore. She turns out this wasn't the first incident. A razor was found in a banana ut muffin on December fin.
Speaker 1: Not banana nut muffins. Okay, not banana nut muffins. I can't take this much. I'm gonna put this up. Wait till you see this.
Speaker 2: Somebody knows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know what that was. There's like like a surgery or something.
Speaker 2: And more disguise for her bread.
Speaker 3: Quite the disguise I think. I think the hair would give it away. Woman puts razor blades. I think that the banana nut muffin is more dangerous than the bread because with the bread, if you're making a sandwich and so you're grabbing some, it's pretty like you might just you might just hurt your finger.
Speaker 4: But she was upset because the slices were so thick and more of a thinner sandwich possibly.
Speaker 1: But the thing is, I hate you right now? Why Because now all I can picture is picking up a banana right.
Speaker 3: That's why it's not I think the muffin is more danger just because you would blindly bite into it.
Speaker 1: You're not biting into.
Speaker 4: Like so far that you can put a razor blade into something without breaking.
Speaker 1: The I think if you you have to, like you have to rewrap it or something. But if you took a muffin and then just slowly smashed the thin razor blade right in the middle of it, and then somebody bites, now.
Speaker 4: Bring her home, Bring her back rather that horror movies from Yeah, the kitchen scene, right, it's like if you kept chomping.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's it's hurtful to even think about it.
Speaker 4: But this woman, that's fine. I was looking forward to my banana nut muffin later.
Speaker 1: Not anymore. No, this is a ruin at all of it. That's something more than nuts in it. I like those though.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get to more of your feedback, your dispatches and emails in a moment. But I must tell you surprised Sea Lane has not made a pilgrimage here. I know his wife Ashley is a big fan of many, many Christmas movies. Right now, Connectic Connecticut, not Connecticit, that's what they call it. Connectickits the state of Connecticut in Weathersfield is exploding with people, traffic everywhere because everybody's showing up to visit the site of these made for TV holiday movies. And they film in this quaint little Connecticut town. They film like twenty two of them. Like, yeah, well I hear some of them. I haven't seen these, but maybe you guys have. How about Christmas at Pemberley Manor Oh my goal love that movie. I might have romance at Reindeer Lodge.
Speaker 2: I mean it seems like this medlips for Christmas movies.
Speaker 1: This is real. They may never make it an Oscar Night news about the Oscars in a moment, but lesions of fans still love these sweet, yet predict holiday movies. Connecticut is the location for at least twenty two holiday films by Hallmark, Lifetime and others. Is now promoting tours of these cities and towns. And you get on a vehicle that takes you around and you see all the weird Christmas movies that were filmed, and tons of people are going on the Hallmark movie Christmas tour.
Speaker 2: Is a good gift.
Speaker 1: This could do it for you, buddy. She'll be like, oh my god, is that it? That looks like the exact spots.
Speaker 10: Where the.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is where the girl that I saw in Mean Girls as a supporting actress years ago was starring in this one film.
Speaker 1: That's where hot Frosty sprang into action. Yeah. And on the Oscar front. Let me just pay it off for you right now, because I just saw this coming out. The Oscars, the famous awards show has announced a big move, big change, sign of the times here, folks, the Oscars has just announced they are abandoning broadcast TV. The Oscars is moving from ABC to YouTube and twenty two right. Yeah, been on broadcast TV forever in a day. This is one of those clear indicators that the transition is happening. Twenty twenty nine though, Yeah, twenty twenty nine is when they start this. That's when the deal starts.
Speaker 2: We're all going to forget.
Speaker 1: The Oscars will move from ABC to YouTube in twenty twenty nine. A watershed moment for the entertainment business.
Speaker 4: Is that locked in a place or they're giving this announcement so ABC can like do their best to keep it on broadcasts.
Speaker 1: I think it's locked in because they probably had an open deal with ABC for now. But it says the Oscars telecast will move from broadcasting to streaming. In twenty twenty nine. The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Scientists said YouTube signed a multi year deal for exclusive global rights to the Oscars as an awards show. You're going to find more of this happening. You're gonna find the streamers wanting to put the Death now into cable and broadcast television. Why this, Well, the only thing that keeps people coming back to cable and broadcast television. Old style TV is live events sports in particular, but also award shows and other things that are even a lot of the sports.
Speaker 3: Uh. It happens on streaming now. Like you can get the NFL Sunday ticket on YouTube.
Speaker 4: You'll get the countdown for Thursday on Amazon Prime. If you're trying to order anything. If you subscribe, I think what if you?
Speaker 5: If not?
Speaker 2: Both for the no commercial.
Speaker 1: YouTube see I have premium, Yeah, do you.
Speaker 4: Get like secret access to all the b roll and in between the award show.
Speaker 1: There's a different product. Sea Lane has YouTube TV, which probably is where they will put this side the question mark. I think they would put it on YouTube YouTube.
Speaker 3: They put it on regular YouTube and they run commercials where commercials would normally be and they just rake in all the process.
Speaker 2: The same commercial over and over and over again.
Speaker 1: Or it's targeted ads. Kevin on YouTube says, who watches the oscars? Question our question? Our question mark? I mean that's running the life to its will will make you wrong about a lot of things if you think it's nobody watching. This year, it was nineteen point seven million viewers for the Oscars so that is.
Speaker 2: The oscars I watched was the Will Smith slap. That was great for me, That was awesome.
Speaker 1: I was so pissed, was so pissed.
Speaker 3: I had no clue what happened, because it was it happened when I moved from the living room into my bedroom.
Speaker 2: Son of a bitch. Really, that's horrible timing.
Speaker 1: Yes, tough times in the in the Wain household. All right, we're going to a quick break. Will we come back. Here's what we're going to do. We are going to get into jury duty. Big updates on stories in courtrooms around the country that we've been following, including some new ones. An MIT professor mysteriously shot dead in a Boston area apartment. What the hell is going on here? Some people trying to attach it to the Brown University thing. I don't know if there's anything to that, but we'll explore this and hear from this guy's neighbor as to exactly what happened with this MIT professor who was murdered. That is in jury duty, and that's coming up next in the news. Chunkie, all right, we got to get into jury duty here in a moment. You guys have been pretty fired up in terms of your reactions today and a lot that we've had on the show. So I'll try to work in some more of those in the powered hour, the last hour of the show today.
Speaker 14: And I hear.
Speaker 1: That Sea Land may have again. What are these gift cards for the holidays? Yes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, eighty dollars to hammer and nails, ceiling cloth for grabs.
Speaker 1: What are we doing today? Do you have any you're gonna wing it? Or what are we working on for? Somebody? Get you the best one, maybe the best nastiest beer. Oh god, that's true. That that's somebody who's definitely gonna need it.
Speaker 4: If you want to see some of the most unkempt beard, even if you want to gift it to the unkempt beard in your life.
Speaker 1: Show us well, show us that you need it or that somebody in your life needs it. Okay, you want them to send a photo dispatch through so we can take a look at.
Speaker 3: This, I think so yeah, right, sounds like it're not trying to shame anybody.
Speaker 1: But I mean, if you want I want free beard trim and you send.
Speaker 2: A picture of your wife, then that's going to explain a lot of things.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter, it's still a beard. They can make it look good, you like, even on your wife. They'll tim trim that sucker down and make it look nice and tight. It will fade on there. But all you have to do is send a photo to your indsperate need of attention beard over to the dispatches side of things on the news Junki dot com. You'll see where you get sent a photo in Sea Lanbel judge winner gets eighty dollars as a gift certificate. Well that's nice for the holidays. Over at Hammer and Nails. Here we go, let's sue. Jury duty court is now in session, so put your phone down and pay attention before we call the bailiff over to whip your ass. Your knowing jury duty with the News Junkie Jury Duty brought to you by the one the only mode wit of the Duitt Law Firm. Injured on the go, just call Mo eight hundred Calmo eight hundred Calmo or go to Justcalmo dot com. After an accident, all you have to do is reach out to the law firm that you hear on the show. The law firm that you know is going to help you out. The attorney who's going to fight for you against the insurance companies. Eight hundred Callmo eight hundred Calmo or just Calmo dot com. Alisha on Twitch says, damn, I just shaved my beard too.
Speaker 2: Pick the wrong day to shave a good massage.
Speaker 1: Can you know they got all kinds of stuff they got over there? I think, yeah, they keep you in shape. Okay, let's get into this. Sorry. I thought you were a second. I thought he was going to continue, but he did not. There is a professor at MIT in Massachusetts who was shot and killed in his apartment, and they're trying to figure out what the hell happened here. They went to talk to his neighbor to ask him what happened. This guy was a Massachusetts Institute of Technology professor shot in his Boston area apartment earlier this week. Nuno Loiero, forty seven, died at the hospital on Tuesday morning. He was at his three story apartment building on the first floor. I believe this was an affluent suburb a few miles outside of Boston again, Massachusetts, Rhode Island. These are places with really strict gun laws, and all of a sudden, this is happening there related We have no idea. There's nothing to suggest that just yet. But here's the neighbor talking about this M I. T. Professor who was killed here. He is, go ahead, old man, take it away right now. Through that bangs.
Speaker 18: I thought at first it was somebody in our apartment kicking in the door or something.
Speaker 16: So I called the neighbors and they said no, they thought it was gunshots.
Speaker 9: And so we came out and.
Speaker 1: The police had already arrived and they took him away. We didn't even know who it was or when it happened. They've identified the victim now, Yeah, Unfortunately, he's a neighbor and a good neighbor. Quiet.
Speaker 9: They've been living here for quite a while, the next door and.
Speaker 1: Nice folks, he said, it's from Portugal. It's nice folks. Worked at MIT. Some reason was a responsible, something was responsible for some person targeting this guy and killing him at his place. Another mystery death here, this time from an MIT professor near Boston, and so a lot a lot of people focused on that too, So we'll keep an eye on it. We can definitely multitask here on the show. Oh what else do we have here? There's a couple of things I wanted to get into but this one was pretty stunning to me. David d four VD, the singer who we've all been watching this story where it looked like he was having a relationship with a very, very very underage young fan of his. This guy, David d four VD. The newest revelation about this literally had my head cock back. When I heard it. I was like, well, wait, what hold on, I'm going to play it for you so you can get the same reaction. Here's the update in that case.
Speaker 6: And I also have an update tonight on the case of the singer David and the runaway teen girlfriend who was found dead in the trunk of his tesla. All right, for weeks we've been wondering just what it was that a private investigator named Steve Fisher found inside David's home when he was given access last October. Now we don't p I reported seeing quote, items you would expect to find on a farm rather than in a home in the Hollywood Hills, And today we are learning about one of those items.
Speaker 1: Listen to this.
Speaker 6: Steve Fisher has confirmed it was something called a burn cage. Take a look at your screen. That's what a burn cage looks.
Speaker 1: Okay, this guy who may have been responsible for this teenager who is in a sexual relationship with allegedly David the Singer, and he may have killed this young girl and her body was found in the back of his tesla. He had a burn cage in his home. I never heard of a burn cage until now.
Speaker 9: It was inside the home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what they said. Well, this says, burn cage found in his home. Seems bad to have this thing inside. Let's see what else they say.
Speaker 6: It's used usually on farms to incinerate waste and debris, but lots of private company private homes have them as well. This particular model can apparently get up to a whopping sixteen hundred degrees in the cage they live, which is about two hundred degrees hotter than the temperature required to burn human bones.
Speaker 2: And this is photographs.
Speaker 1: Should we be telling people this? Should we be just saying, I know.
Speaker 4: I mean, burn cage companies are going to make their Christmas bonuses.
Speaker 1: Have you ever heard of a burn cage before?
Speaker 3: Right now in this moment, I mean, I don't think I've talked about one, but once you said burn cage, I kind of had an idea of what we're talking about, But what makes the burn cage get hotter than just a Like I was driving down the road the other day and there were just people burning trash in their front yard and I was like, what a great neighborhood this must there wasn't there's no fire.
Speaker 17: No.
Speaker 3: Four thirty six, but uh they you know, I go, well, that must not be a very nice neighbor to have. Like, if there's burning crap just to get rid.
Speaker 1: Of it, it's suspicious looking to It couldn't.
Speaker 3: Have been as hot as they're describing on the news. And what makes it get hotter? You know, hot enough to burn human bones?
Speaker 1: This one says thirty five inch, sixty seven gallon heavy gauge stainless steel burn box. You can buy it on Amazon for four hundred dollars. This is one of the ones that this guy had at his house. No, I'm good, I'm good. Five thousand BT per hour per foot per degree fair and height. The one that this this singer David who's accused of killing this woman had in his own house was apparently enough to burn bones. So, okay, there's your update on that front. Wasn't expecting that today, but we got it. Regardless, and it looked for the picture like they had it was still in the past. There was a box that they were filming. I don't know if that was related or not, but they said he had this burn box at his house. Maybe it was. That would make more sense as to why it was inside, because I don't know if you use these things inside, No, not unless you don't want your house unless is that what the scary thing is in home alone? You know when when Kevin mcawi should those down there and that's a furnace, Okay, well, I mean it's not fire so incinerator. It's both scary to me, all right. Finally, in Jerry Duty today, the doctor who helped sell ketamine to Matthew Perry has avoided prison time. Really, he was sentenced yesterday to eight months of home confinement. The judge Sherylyn Garnett handed down the sentence that included three years of supervised release to fifty five year old doctor Mark Chavez in a federal courtroom in Los Angeles. Before the sentence was delivered, Chavez addressed the judge and said he lost the loved one recently understood the grief that Perry's death had caused. I want to say, my heart goes out to the Perry family. Chavez acquired ketamine and gave it to another doctor who was sentenced two and a half years in prison earlier this month for selling the ketamine to Matthew Perry in the months leading up to his death. More of these doctors are on the arrest side.
Speaker 3: The Kenemine Queen was part of that whole deal with Matthew there too. Yeah, she was involved in it too.
Speaker 1: I think he was a customer big enough to support multiple people. I think Celia and you know, well, Matthew Perry was going through it.
Speaker 3: When one Publix runs out of you know, New York strips, I got to go to the other publics. I support multiple publicxes. It's the same thing with drugs. Courtney does too. She also supports multiple publicxes.
Speaker 1: Yes she does, and so.
Speaker 2: Much pleasure when shopping quick break.
Speaker 1: When we come back, we will hear from you. Your dispatches are on the way. Also, the danger in your front yard this holiday season. You don't want to miss this. It's coming up next on the news Junkie. A danger resting on your front lawn for the holidays. We'll get to that in just a moment here, But the big speeches tonight. I just asked everybody on chat, I said, you're gonna watch the prime time address that Trump is.
Speaker 2: Doing to I don't know what it's about though, right or as he shared.
Speaker 1: We're getting some hints that are leaking out, but I don't know if they're true or not. I'll tell you in a second. But yeah, they're saying that there's gonna be a big primetime address. Nobody was really eager to tune in. I don't know. Maybe people are on the Christmas mode and not wanting to hear the politics stuff so much, but nobody seemed eager to tune in on the chat side. I don't see why not. I mean, like, take it, you know, from the man himself.
Speaker 17: Nothing bad can happen, It can only good happen.
Speaker 1: True, very true. Well, they said that there is some rumors leaking out. Don't know if true. Grain assaulted right now that Trump is going to say war is coming in this address. Now, that's from Tucker Carlson. So I don't know if he's right and he has a good congressional source, or if he's totally wrong and he's just making things up. I have no idea, but it is out there in the zeitgeist. Maybe that ends up being the case.
Speaker 3: So this is the opposite of the John Lennon song, then Happy Christmas war is coming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is the one to eighty degrees from that one.
Speaker 23: Uh.
Speaker 1: The last thing I saw was Trump amazed by this, this, these notes that they gave him about all this stuff he's done for Israel. Here's the clib This is the first time that.
Speaker 20: I've ever brought up notes to make a speech for we do we call them the Christmas Dinners. I call him the Christmas Hanika Dinners. If that's okay, I hope you don't mind, but I call him new.
Speaker 1: Twenty of them.
Speaker 20: So far, I never had any interest I brought this up. You know what, I've done so much for Israel that I have to read.
Speaker 1: Pages like pages, and I don't want to leave anything out. I don't want to leave Golan Heights out.
Speaker 20: I want to tell you what we did. But it's an honor to it's an honor to help you out something.
Speaker 1: So I guess he didn't know. But they've got to print out of all the things that they said he's done for Israel, I said, this is the first time I've ever brought up my notes to make a speech. You know why I've done so much for Israel. I have to read. Look at that. I've got like pages, he says. And I don't know if Israel will be included in the speech that's going down tonight. I don't know the networks or if it's about war or I I don't know, but I.
Speaker 2: Know triple down on his Heinus comments.
Speaker 1: Rob Reiner, I don't. I don't think Rob Reiner will get a mention. He could, though, and anything's possible. I don't know. I have no clue, but we'll see. We'll talk about it afterwards. If there's anything of note, we'll get that mentioned here on the show. Some people setting in this as well that they said, move over, pizza rats. The bagel rats are fighting it out. Bagel Battle on the Subway.
Speaker 9: Apple the birth of Begel Rats.
Speaker 2: Two rats wrestle over half of a bagel on the.
Speaker 1: Track of New York City is a weird place. Two rats fighting over a New.
Speaker 2: York bak just split the bagel. Come on, it's.
Speaker 3: Plenty here for them both, but they're not gonna do it. Imagine how easy it is to go viral in New York. You just need to catch rats fighting over food.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I me at that point, you just bring the food with you and find some rats.
Speaker 1: True. Sure, you could set this up very easily. Bagel rats fighting it out in the New York City Subway. I'm gonna put this up on See It Now so everybody could take a look. Of course, it's a visual. We have something against the visual. I know most of you are listening on this this five in a radio station right here, so I want you to know that it's up for you if you want to take a look. The New York City Subway rats fight over bagel story is up now over on See It Now. Probably could have got a shorter name for that, but you know here we are. We're too far in now. I've already posted it. It's up for you over on the website that's the news Junkie dot Com. On at the news junky dot Com, you'll see a section called see it Now, and that's how you know you're in the right place. Go check it out right over there at the Newsjunkie dot Com. Boom, it's up and you can see the subway rats fighting over a bagel in New York City. All right, we have a lot of people who have submitted their beards Sea Lane, so a whole ton.
Speaker 3: I was just looking through there and I was like, wow, there's there's some fluffy, fluffy beards.
Speaker 1: I almost had the fluffy people should have been rude. I'm gonna be honest, a couple of fluffy people too, just in these submitted dispatches. You can see them for yourself over on the dispatches section of the website. But these folks are trying to compete. Seilands got eighty dollars again, eighty bucks to hammer and nails the salon, so you take care of yourself.
Speaker 3: And then there is at least one person that I can see here, Kevin, who is trying to mix yesterday's bit with today's bit. So he's uh, he's submitting his beard picture and kissing my ass.
Speaker 1: Oh good strategy, solid strategy. Let's take a look at a couple of these here. This says, Christopher, you're most the most talented of the entire staff. Heck, the entire universe. Is this the gentleman you're talking.
Speaker 5: The dog to.
Speaker 1: His shirt? This guy's really. I think those checkers are some sperm, excuse me, sperm with little army helmets on it. It says support by troops. All right, you're off to a start here, Kevin. We'll see. Yeah. I'm not sure how you show that support. I don't want to know. Mad King says I could definitely used to have my beard cleaned up. He ain't lying, Uh huh. Some mad scientists vibes over here from mad maybe he could use it. Let me give you a couple more options here again. These are all available over on thenews junkie dot Com. Of the Dispatches segment, this is a kool Aid pickle and he says he needs a shave and a haircut. He's trying to get that hammer and nails gift card.
Speaker 2: That looks like it's ready to be tamed.
Speaker 1: It does. Yeah, this guy would be one of those people who would have a good before and after. Oh yes, for surely looking beard. And last one for now here is man kicking It says, uh, I actually don't want the gift cards since I don't live there, but here you go. Oh my god, you need to come here and take the gift card. Man, What in the way you look like you have a skin cap for hair. Golden Chill has a human version of the dog vehicle they drive in dumb and dumbing an eighty seven sheep dog. You are a human eighty seven sheep dog. Sir. Congratulations, best of luck out there in the wild. I told you there was a danger on your front yard for the holidays, and I wasn't lying. It's crazy out there. People are wild and they're stealing stuff. And apparently somebody went to a Christmas tree lot and stole an inflatable. What are these inflatables? Why do you have them? You probably don't have one like this. This is a big one. They're stealing the big ones out there. Let's go to the story. Let's see who we are out here.
Speaker 18: Goodness, everyone is just wondering where is Santa. That is the question that neighbors and customers have been asking where.
Speaker 1: Nobody knows.
Speaker 2: But one thing is for sure.
Speaker 18: Whoever steal Santa is now definitely on the naughty list.
Speaker 2: True people know it as you know, Santa's tree Lite.
Speaker 18: So that's the trolley nickname for Craze lots on the corner of thirty ninth Avenue on Bethany Home road.
Speaker 1: They stole a Santa inflatable from this place, A forty foot tall inflatable Santa.
Speaker 2: You no flat very quickly.
Speaker 17: No.
Speaker 1: I mean I feel like if that thing was up and ready to go and like being inflated, it would not be some easy feet to get that thing down and get into the back of your car.
Speaker 7: I mean.
Speaker 3: Also, it's forty feet tall. It's gonna take a while to deflate, and then once it is, you're dealing with a lot of like sheetery.
Speaker 2: Have they checked the competing Christmas tree lot.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure. Let's see what they say.
Speaker 18: As it has been for the past twenty yours every holiday.
Speaker 3: Season, a lot of the people recognize this lot in Santa from years and years.
Speaker 18: Yes, the big man in red is an attraction.
Speaker 1: No, not that little guy.
Speaker 17: This guy it's huge.
Speaker 1: It looks like Jackson's a little kid in front of it, a little boot. There's a huge forty foot Santa Claus. They these folks, these porch pirates, these thieves, these holiday hoodlums. All right, these holiday hoodlums are out there on the march and they'll steal anything, even if it is tied down. A forty foot Santa Claus inflatable stolen by these damn holiday hoodlums trying to ruin absolutely everything. Let us know what you think if you've seen this in your neighborhood. I know what's happened in mine. I think Sabrina had to post before where somebody's like.
Speaker 2: Hey, somebody gets stole and inflatables, everything.
Speaker 1: Like, just steal all your stuff out of your yard your Christmas.
Speaker 2: Dare I dare them to do that to my yard because one I'm are tagging.
Speaker 1: And two I'm.
Speaker 2: Strapped, yeah, boobstrapped, firing away glitter bomb.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean just shoot them, That's what I would do. That's how you really get at them out.
Speaker 2: There with Christmas?
Speaker 1: No with guns? Oh yeah yeah, fore do that too. You can do both if you want. I think just keep some of those beards in. You got a beard. You want to win this prize. We've got another one today. See Lane is going to crown our winner and keep those photo dispatches coming. Go over to the news junki dot com. You'll see where you can plus image right there in the dispatch section. Pivoty Boppiti, you're on board with us and you might be our winner couldn't be easier for you. Really good odds. If you want to give it a shot, go check it out at the News Junkie dot com. When we come back, we have more on the Brown University thing very quickly, and something in the wrestling world that is shocking people right now. What's going down that is coming up next on the News Chunkie. Couple of things here. One is something that Seelane spotted that could be big problems in the sports world. This is also kind of sports related. I don't know, do you consider WWE's sports sports adjacent, sports entertainment sports adjacent? I think they are. To me, they are fake or not fake. It's still impressive. And Mick Foley has announced that. Right after John Cena says you won't be seeing me anymore in the ring for WWE Classic John Tiris, McK foley says, I'm out too, but for very different reasons. McK foley is mad, of all things, is leaving the WWE because of Trump's comments about Rob Reiner's murder. Yeah, that's a very specific thing. Well, he says. While I have been concerned about WWE's close relationship with Donald Trump for several months, especially in the light of his administration and administration's ongoing cruel and inhumane treatment of immigrants and pretty much anybody who looks like an immigrant. Reading the president's incredibly cruel comments in the wake of Rob Reiner's death is the final straw for me. So the mean words about Rob Reiner were those are the thing that was the game changer, not the other thing, not actual people and stuff. I no longer wish to represent a company that caddles a man so seemingly void of compassion as he marches our country towards autocracy. I didn't realize old Mankind was so political here. Last night, I informed WW Talent Relations that it would not be making any appearances for the company as long as Trump remains in office, says Mankind. Additionally, I will not be signing a new Legends deal with my current one, inspires in June. I love w W anymore. If you don't sign the deal to renew your legendship, He's still pretty legendary. I'm deeply appreciated for all the opportunities they afforded me. What here's a weird ending. But in the words of Popeye, this sailor I stands all I can stands and I can't stands no more. I don't why did he make me say that? I don't have a good pop fire. Mick Foley has parted ways with the WWE over the I guess because Vince McMahon is kind is close to the Trump administration. I always find this weird. It's like, it's work, man, it's work. This is your work, and you go there because you enjoy the business and how they treat you and how much you get paid, and how they treat their employees. For me, the ceo of that job there, political meanings never come into play for me. Now, I don't even know who the ceo of iHeart Radio voted for. I have no idea. I mean, I can guess and guess, but I have no idea who he voted for. And I don't care. They really don't care. Maybe he doesn't make it more public, so it's a bit different. But McK foley says, see you later. I am out of here. How old is he? M foley is sixty mcfoley sixty years old. I didn't even know he's still wrestling. He shouldn't be. But I will tell you just in case you think I'm crapping all over Mick Foley. What a legend, bro, What an absolute legend this guy was. There's nobody else I could think of who has put his body on the line quite as much, save for the ones who died in the actual wrestling ring. This guy lived it up in mankind. He was Cactus Jack.
Speaker 2: He was Dude Love, Dude Love, That's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dude love is the worst. Dude love Cactus Jack, Cactus jazz fully mankind, mckfoley, Nick Foley for a little while, Zodiac number two. He The craziest thing is he's only six foot two when some many of these wrestlers were bigger, and he was just more charismatic. And he's still alive, but he's no longer going to wrestle on account of Trump's comments about Rob Reiner's death.
Speaker 3: There He's written four children's books, Oh yeah, Mick Foley's Halloween Hijinks, Mick Foley's Christmas Chaos Tales from rescal Lane, and a most Miserable Christmas.
Speaker 1: Wow, I'm sure started wrestling back in nineteen eighty six. Unbelievable. That was a whole different world, all right. See, like, what do we have here? Let me grab this story that you sent over, but kind of get people the rundown of what this is all about.
Speaker 3: So this RAMS player was on a live stream with these YouTuber guys you might know Neon spelled with a three.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah Neon.
Speaker 3: The stream are yeah yeah, and they're just they had had a video that was like Puka Nakua.
Speaker 1: I think maybe getting that right, I believe you.
Speaker 3: They just go to the gym with him and they're just live streaming the whole time and talking to this guy about football and stuff.
Speaker 2: And in the middle of it was it was he in the middle of like lifting know, they were.
Speaker 3: Just like kind of standing around at this point, but it's a twenty minute stream and it was very hard to rip because of that. So I just got like the middle part here where he says, what is making headlines on ESPN right now?
Speaker 1: It's Neon, who is a streamer you probably.
Speaker 4: Never heard of, like security guards that he says something and then the security guards immediately No, that's Jack this guy before.
Speaker 2: But he always gets in he.
Speaker 1: Does get in fights. He fought with the other streamer guy, Jack Dolery that you're you're talking about, uh, And he's kind of been controversial. He's viewbot crazy Neon and Aiden Ross. Aiden Ross is actually actually a big streamer. Aiden Ross is actually a big deal.
Speaker 4: But only controversy. Like, I don't see what he does that's actually entertaining on streaming.
Speaker 1: There's not much. He's a clip farmer and he just gets wild moments that go crazy on well, I think, no, that's not what an a logger is. But he has a loggers, So like an a logger would be somebody that is not really a fan necessarily, but that watches every minute of Neon's stream to log everything that happens to then feed all of the people who hate this guy and go, here are the clips of all the horrible stuff. That's when an a logger is. But Aiden is a legitimate Aiden Ross is a legitimately big streamer, one of the biggest on kick. So here they are. Here's the moment Celian's talking about. Let's see real quick.
Speaker 25: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He starts off asking do the rest be bs and sometimes.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me go back because I had the volume down, Reben, I had to play hang on there it is. You think the rats be post guns? I'm like that they had a Yes, the resolute worst because.
Speaker 20: There's just some of the rules aren't Then like, these guys want to be These guys are lawyers and relative they want to.
Speaker 1: Be on TV too.
Speaker 7: Brother, Like, off the game, you don't think he's texting his friends and they like, Yo, you guys just saw any Sunda night football like that went a way that wasn't p I like, but.
Speaker 1: I called it was seriously to do that.
Speaker 17: I mean, these guys are noble human beings too, bro.
Speaker 1: They so basically he's an NFL player. Let me translate from dumb streamers.
Speaker 4: Stuff a decent amount of money to get some microphones attached to their shirts.
Speaker 3: That's part of the screen recording. It wasn't the best quality it usually it is a little a.
Speaker 1: Little better than But this guy is an active NFL player. I guess who's talking about how wide receivers for the rams and he's saying that the refs are cheating. Basically, he's saying the refs are.
Speaker 3: The worst making calls just to get on TV and basically, yeah, accusing them of making false calls.
Speaker 2: That's going to be an awkward next game with those refs.
Speaker 1: Well, he might not even have an X game, right, couldn't you get suspended for this.
Speaker 3: I don't know about suspended, but people have been fine for publicly criticizing the refs. At the end of that video, he even says, like, you can get fined for saying that. And they're like, they're like, we'll cut this out, we'll cut this out.
Speaker 1: But I think they were. They were live cut it says the refs of the worst. He said, some of the rules aren't these guys want to be These guys are lawyers. They want to be on TV too. They don't think. He's texting his friends in the group chat like, yo, you guys just saw me on Sunday night football. That wasn't PI, but I called it and was that like interference or something past interference? Pass pass interference? And I caught it and he said, I mean, these guys are normal human beings too, so you could definitely get fined, it says. In January, Houston Texans running back Joe Mixon was initially find twenty five thousand dollars for his comments after the Texans lost to the Chiefs. His fine was later rescinded, though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and in December of twenty twenty three, Patrick Mahomes and Andy Reid were fined for violating NFL rules about public criticism of game officials.
Speaker 1: Damn must be nice if you're a rap for if you're a nump or if you're whatever, the NFL rath they can't actually take shots at you. That's that's pretty wild.
Speaker 2: Let they nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's real nice protection there from keeping things straight on the other end. All right, we want to see what you have to say about all of this. Send us a dispatch. Let's see I can get rid of that and get rid of that. A couple of emails coming in. Here's excuse me, Tony emails the show. Hey, Sean, I've not seen any of the footage about the shooting. They talk about Boston University. You say the shooter is seems strolling near the responding plice after the shooting. Has anybody thought to sink the footage from the school to the bodycam footage of the responding officers to provide better footage of the shooter? Love the show, Tony, I'm sure they have, you know, I'm sure that they have looked up the police who is very very close to this officer who was very close to the Brown University shooting suspect, but they haven't said anything else about it. Somebody says, and I don't know if it's true or not, but I'll check it out. JK emails tips at the News Junkie dot com and says it took seventeen minutes for the school to respond to the shooting at Brown University. It sounds like a lot. I don't know if that's true. It sounds like a lot.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think three to five minutes would be reasonable, just because if you're doing the texting everybody at the school thing, it might take a minute to send all those texts, but it also might take a minute or two to find the person who's able to, you know, to get a hold of the person who has the password, who has the access to the system.
Speaker 1: Somebody's got to do it.
Speaker 3: It's not just like you know, turning a key that unlocks a plastic cover over a little over a giant button or something like that. It's got to take some sort of thought process. But seventeen is starting to sound like a little Okay, what hell? Why did that take waiting for that?
Speaker 1: I don't know if that is true or not, because I see the FBI shared a five minute video timeline.
Speaker 27: And they're talking this and as we come on the air aside, I don't.
Speaker 1: Find anything for seventeen minutes, like something lasting seventy.
Speaker 8: Yes, it's still on the loose.
Speaker 15: Tonight, after that deadly shooting at Brown University in Rhode Island over the weekend, our Jeff Harris joint us at the Live desk with a new plea from authorities Jeffsman, Yeah.
Speaker 14: Releasing this brand new enhanced video take a look right here, zooming into and providing a better look.
Speaker 1: At the shooter.
Speaker 14: Non officials believe the video show him casing the area just shortly before that deadly rampage that was before.
Speaker 1: That was a couple of hours before, so they were lost a tearline, but nothing about seventeen minutes.
Speaker 4: And it was final exams, so think about like you could get kicked out of your final exam if your phone goes off. Yeah, so everyone made sure that their phone was off, yeah, or at the very least on silent. So a lot of these notifications as it comes through as an amber alert that kind of skips over your you know, silencing your phone.
Speaker 1: I believe, and this guy must have known that. He must have known it was finals. He's casing the place hours before.
Speaker 4: A lot of doors are locked, imagine during regular school hours, but if it comes to final exams, that might be different.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: As far as the emailer, I believe it was talking about the police body cams. I don't know if police body cams are always activated, like if they're just standing around on a patrol our, police body cams turned on at all times, because that's that's a lot.
Speaker 2: Of foot you're always on. I don't think they're always recording.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, yeah, I mean you're right. I don't think that. Yeah, I don't think they're always on.
Speaker 4: Like they'll do that thing where if they go to hit it that it'll take the first like ten seconds like maybe yeah, record or something like that.
Speaker 3: So they are a dash cam like it'll keep a buffer and then if it detects a collision or if you hit a button, it'll save the last however many minutes.
Speaker 1: These are allegedly the latest photos from the Providence Police Department of the suspect. It's still a little bigfooty, a little.
Speaker 2: Pixelated resident like residential area.
Speaker 1: Some of these are cameras from from like people's houses and stuff. There's a guy it's like a little bit clearer on.
Speaker 2: His face car that he got away with.
Speaker 1: No not yet wild that they've released just yet. This just looks like maybe a dude with a beard. Maybe a guy with a beard. Can't really tell. Definitely not a black dude. But who knows anything else? I mean, I don't know, and I think it's all been not super helpful from law law enforcement just yet. So we'll keep an eye on that story and everything else going on in the viral world as per usual around here. But when we come back Sea lan's got a crown, a winner, somebody's got a We're about to find out. We got some pretty good submissions so far, but maybe there's more to come. We'll see what happens the final Dispatch stories that didn't make the cut and today learn to wrap everything up for a Wednesday that is coming up next on the News Junkie. We're gonna do the final dispatches stories that didn't make the cut and today learned to wrap everything up for a Wednesday. Man, two days left, feeling good about that, feeling real good about two days left. But we do have to before any of this pick our winner, all right, see Lane said, he's got another one of these eighty dollars gift cards to this very fine establishment, hammer and nails. They'll treat you nice on your beard and all that and a lot of experience you get there. Any in particular that have caught your eye that we should bring up here or should I just start going through a couple of these and then you pick your winner?
Speaker 3: Check out paisenbergs I haven't seen that guy's beard in a very long time.
Speaker 1: It has gotten quite long. All right, where's he right here? He is a postal Pisenberg. Yeah, he's got like that that does need a trimming for sure, But he's out of the areas in Nashville, right Yeah, I know they do have hammer and nails there might be able to make that happen.
Speaker 2: Does that beard smell Pisenberg?
Speaker 1: A little bit? A lot of bit probably. And here's somebody saying this is bugs. He saying to submit my beard? Is this your sleeping masksbody? He has? All of these are available. You can see them. There's a whole bunch of them over at the News Junkie and this submitted dispatches section. Do you have a winner to crown? You know, I had one, and then I have to I think I have to swerve. I wanted to pick Kevin really bad, but his beard is actually a much better looking than the rest of these.
Speaker 9: So your winner is bugsy, sir. They said you couldn't do it, but you did it.
Speaker 1: And that thing anybody that's so funny. Let's get a trim for you, Bud. What do they what do they need to do now that they've won? See email me C L A.
Speaker 3: N E At Reel Radio dot fm, Real Radio dot FM, Clean at Real Radio dot fm.
Speaker 1: You email me and I will forward it along to the proper channels you can.
Speaker 2: You have to show up to Hammer and Nails like that, though you could. Is that Shrek?
Speaker 28: No?
Speaker 1: I can't tell what it was. Oh right here, hold on, I didn't know if it was Peppe or Shrek or it was like I think that's hard to say.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but email me. I'll get you your eighty dollars gift card to Hammer and Nails. You can fix that thing up real nice, excellent.
Speaker 1: All right, let's to our final dispatches and get the hell out of here today. Here we go.
Speaker 9: These are the final dispatches.
Speaker 1: But Sean will probably only play that right O. See what we got on the way out in a sea of photos of scraggly beards. We've also got some dispatches like this one from Sinister.
Speaker 2: Hello, y news junkie.
Speaker 27: Sinister here all right, chiming in on the refs. I'm a ruller Derby ref have been for many years.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's a really tough job.
Speaker 27: I mean, you're trying to decipher, you know, a ton of different actions that happen in the tenth of a second. True, and there's like a thousand rules that you have to also keep in mind.
Speaker 8: So yeah, it's a tough job.
Speaker 27: Refs do make mistakes and er Derby. We have what's called an official review, So if you feel strong, you can, you know, follow that course. And if you do talk back to refs, you can be expelled.
Speaker 28: So it's a tough job.
Speaker 27: You know, reps are nice people, and they are people, so be nice to the refs.
Speaker 17: That's all I gotta say.
Speaker 1: Child, Thank you, senator, appreciate that.
Speaker 3: One of the things she said that always sticks out, like having to know all the rules, and I always find it fascinating when they have like like a Monday morning and they'll be like, hey, Sunday, at this particular football game, the refs made a call on a rule that hasn't been like needed to nobody's even needed to talk about.
Speaker 1: This rule since like nineteen ninety two, you know, like it's.
Speaker 3: Weird things like, you know, they did a crazy half safety and somebody gained a point.
Speaker 1: Someone like you have a car I've seen at least once at the grocery store nearby, and the person has a personalized license plate that says NFL ref NFL on one side, ref on the other. And I thought to myself, well, it seems weird if this person's not an NFL ref number one obviously, but number two. It seems like putting NFL ref on your license plate is a great way to get somebody to try to meet tribing and go, hey, what's the next game you're reffing. Pal Let's let's put some money on this and tell.
Speaker 2: Your time if you don't get the right call.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know who that person is. I've told you before.
Speaker 3: Like the for NBA games, the refs have their own green room backstage, like you know, in the what they call the vomitory of the arenas and they have like official n b A like signs on the doors. They're like nobody's allowed in these rooms. Like they don't want any sort of you know, cohoterie. They absolutely zero no, no, Thomas Cool love.
Speaker 2: A good pie, all right quick.
Speaker 1: Thanks to PF for gifting five secret shows subscriptions. Thank you PF. You can grab those gobble them up right now. Unlocked secret shows with those gifted subs available at the news junki dot com Claim claim claim them as fast as you can. Here's these stories that didn't make the cut. People are now paying to get their chat bots high on drugs. According to Wired magazine, this seems really stupid, but I guess there's some people who are using certain code injections and code modules to hijack chatbot logic and get them to respond as if they are high or tipsy. So you utilize these services and you pay to make your chat bot high like it's on weed or ketamine or whatever. Diahuasco on a got great use of money. Yeah, really really solid. We're all too wealthy still, I guess if that's the case, But let's get the hell out of here and let's do today Earth.
Speaker 16: The following information may make you feel smarter, but will not actually.
Speaker 1: Increase your IQ. So don't get cocky. Now it's done, or what we call today it is today learned for a Wednesday, December seventeenth, twenty twenty five. Today learn There's a little twist in this one.
Speaker 28: This gentleman right here, Bob, I got to Marley.
Speaker 1: Bob Marley's Yeah, Bob marl I didn't even know who did a Christmas song. But when reggae legend Bob Marley was a young child, he would read the palms of his friends and his neighbors to tell them what future they had in story. And later the Rastafarian community get they told him to stop doing this. Rastafarians don't do this. You got to give up palm reading. He was very upset at the community pushing him out of the palm reading world. To the iconic line, I'll have what she's having met Sally spoke by suggested by Billy Crystal on set, and director Rob Reiner's mother, Estelle, was the one brought in to deliver the line.
Speaker 3: I forgot his father was Carl Reiner yep. Never put the last name thing together.
Speaker 1: A lot of a lot of talented people I guess in that family. And finally today I learn this lovely very popular this time of year. Lady right here, Frank here, that's right, Mariah Carey. Der Dom is not correct, unfortunately, Darling love this is a Mariah Carey. In two thousand and one, Mariah Carey had a mental breakdown in which she showed up unannounced to an episode of TRL, performed as strip tease, and handed out ice cream to everybody. Nobody had TV any idea why the hell she was there to begin with. Bud, Thus is life and here we go. Thank you so much for hanging out with us. We do appreciate it. We're back tomorrow, same time, same place. Missening the show. Get the podcast over at the news Junkie dot com. We'll see it tomorrow. Everybody must this.
Speaker 18: Christmas come whispers.
Speaker 1: That such listeners sen You both post