Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on a M five to seventy l A Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: While it's the longest running afternoon sports show in the city. No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 3: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadakas terrible person, He's the worst, and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 1: The pipes, pipes, the pie.
Speaker 2: Don't miss an episode. We're with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, follow the Petros in Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadacus and Matt money Smith. Great sports talk, good, good, good, good.
Speaker 2: Jesus damn. And he had a glove, and he had a glove. We will handle it them, We will, we will, we will handle it them.
Speaker 1: It's hard.
Speaker 2: Enough of this.
Speaker 1: That was Rayhearst. You've got a diamond, You've got nine men, you've got a hat, a bat, and that's not all.
Speaker 2: Going to you. Let you rush some money. AM five seventy LA Sports your home on the back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers are coverage available on podcast p and it was great coverage.
Speaker 1: Absolutely great coverage. You can podcast it all on the iHeartRadio app for your smartphone at some other I'll meet you a lot of Monday. Like we said, everything our show, all the coverage, Rogan and Rodney at six am.
Speaker 2: I guess how about that.
Speaker 1: Sacks and Kate's and the am final voyage of twenty twenty five wonderful stuff. And right now after we talked to Jim Harbaugh and David Vasse too, wonderful inner, it is time for the top story of that top story of it.
Speaker 2: Well, Jeff Passing wrote it before the start of the playoffs, and the rest of the assembled media took that baton and ran with it. Blame the Dodgers if they win the World Series, that will be the catalyst to a lockout. It was a bad narrative, it really was. The Dodgers will be the reason the twenty twenty seven season is lost. The collection of owners would use it as fuel to insist they cannot continue to play under the set of financial rules and still maintain a competitive and interesting league and understand, and I'm guessing most do. The majority of owners are not of the psycho I'll spend anything, I'll lose money. I just want to win. I'm super competitive VC or hedge fund guy that's worth a billion dollars and doesn't care. Almost none of them are that. The only ones really are Steve Cohen of the Mets and before he passed away, Peter Sidler of the Podras. Majority of the owners want to make a lot of money, as much money as possible, and for the evaluation of their teams to continue to go up by the billion. And for teams like the Dodgers, that's a much bigger picture than other teams are willing to see. The Cubs, the Red Sox, the Yankees, the Giants, the Mariners for that matter, they could all do exactly what the Dodgers are doing and have done. And I will paint this picture. I will paint it in Dodgers blue and Philly's red and Yankees black and Toronto gray. But first I will paint it in blue and red and black and gray. You know what's bad for baseball, I'll tell you what's bad for baseb My favorite color the twenty seven Astros and having to mention that George Springer was on that team when he's up to bat for the Blue Jays in the twenty twenty five World Series to acknowledge that the twenty seventeen World Series title was literally literally attained by cheating a complex electronic system of signals that alerted hitters what pitches were about to be thrown thanks to various cameras placed around the ballpark feeding video to monitors and the tunnel of their dugouts and handed handled poorly in the aftermat Yes, I would say exactly handled incredibly poorly, perfectly put pee by the commissioner in the aftermath. No, they're going to keep their championship because we wanted them to tell us exactly what happened. That is really bad for baseball, So passing if you want to play that game. The Dodgers spending money at a rate, as you accuse them of, that no other team can keep up with, and gives them some sort of unfair advantage. Save It seventeen was got awful for baseball. Nineteen ninety four was a disaster for baseball, a season that ended on August twelfth, when Frank Thomas was chasing the triple crown, Tony Gwynn was sniffing four hundred, and the Expos had the best record in baseball. It literally cost a city its team a strike that ended the season on August twelfth, August twelfth, nineteen ninety four, and again twenty seventeen. Just so happened to have the highest ratings for a World Series until twenty twenty five came around and the Dodgers happened to be cheated by the Astros. Out of that one, I would have got cheated. Clayton Kershaw's legacy could have been way different were he able to pitch the way he pitched at home in that Game five on the road in that series after Game one seven, eightings, three hits, one run. Somehow in Houston he only lasted four, gave up six runs. Game seven after you Darvish spit the bit went four of shutout. That's bad for baseball. What is not bad for baseball the Blue Jays with the fifth highest payroll despite the thirteenth ranked revenue stream, meaning they spend more on players than eight teams that made more money than them. And do not misunderstand it, Yes, the Dodgers make more money than everyone. They have the biggest local TV deal and that is the majority of their revenue. They are in a market that you could probably say encompasses between twenty and twenty five million people. They did four million fans this year, but those major markets p four million fans is a heck of a lot. But those other markets we mentioned are also incredibly popular ballparks that are packed when their teams are winning, or even in the case of the Red Sox and the Cubs, when they're not. And the Mariners should know better than any one that it makes sense to bid on Japanese players and bid more than everybody else because the international market can send back a butt ton of international revenue. As each euro was their most popular player and they had Ken Griffy Junior and Alex Rodriguez. The Giants play in a baseball palace. They charged top of the market prices. They made four hundred and fifty million dollars last year. They won three World Series in five years. Did they use that as a springboard?
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: In emphatic mode, they made seventy million more bucks than the Blue Jays and spent sixty million dollars. Less I mentioned the Mets and Steve Cohen being one of the crazy ones. They made four hundred and forty four million dollars and spent including tax penalties four hundred million dollars on their roster because Steve Cohen wanted to win and did it work. No, didn't work. Seven and twenty million dollars on Juan Soto was not Shoe Aotani. So to the Dodgers, Yeah, they made seven hundred and fifty two million dollars. It is more than anyone else, but with taxes they gave away one hundred and fifty million dollars to the rest of the league. They spent five hundred and forty nine million dollars. Seventy three percent of that revenue went to players, not their pockets. The only team that spent a higher percentage of revenue on players was the Mets. And of that one hundred and fifty million pe, some of it went to the Miami Marlins. They pulled in three hundred and seventeen million bucks last year. They paid twenty seven percent of that revenue to their roster. Again, the Dodgers, seventy three percent to players. The Marlins paid eighty six million bucks for their roster. To put that in perspective, they made more than the Tampa Rays. They made more money than the White Sox forty million dollars more. They made sixty million dollars more than the A's and yet the a spent twenty five million dollars more on their roster. And the Dodgers are bad for baseball. And if you really want to get into it, only five teams in baseball spent less than forty percent of their revenue on players, and one of them. P made five hundred and eighty four million dollars over a half a billion dollars in revenue, the third highest rake, and they spent thirty six percent of it on players. The Cubs fourteenth in the league. Literally, they made two hundred million more dollars than the Blue Jays and spent seventy million dollars less. Wow, that's how bad this is to villif.
Speaker 1: A doship issue? Yeah, that villifying I got heard that, you know, I mean about the Pirates right over the years.
Speaker 2: How about this? The Yankees like you this for the Dodgers to take this incoming, and they're gonna take it from these other markets because they won again. But it's on every level. A team like the Cubs that makes a half a billion dollars and has the fourteenth highest payroll, the Yankees made seven hundred and twenty eight million dollars. That is just ten million less than the Dodgers, and they spent two hundred million dollars less on players. They made ten million less than the Dodgers and spend two hundred million dollars. We can't afford one Sodo.
Speaker 1: We can't.
Speaker 2: You can't write that contract.
Speaker 1: We can't make what. We can't pay for his suite. I mean, we don't do that. You've got to be kidding me. Judge pays for his sweet We can't afford.
Speaker 2: That seven hundred and twenty eight million dollars. And they spent two hundred million less than the f them f them all that say the Dodgers are bad for baseball. They put Yamamoto on that stage to be in the conversation. Is the greatest World Series pitching performance this century? And he's got a ten year deal. He didn't have to do all that. No, whatever, will roll the dice. He's never played in the league, will roll the dice three hundred and twenty five million bucks. And how did that start out? With all the other teams laughing at them? Oh, baseball's bigger here six days rest. He's not emotionally ready for it. It's a different deal. They took the gamble and it paid off, so save it. It's the opposite from modern day Sandy Kofak. Right, the Dodgers saved baseball. The Dodgers put baseball where it belongs, well ahead of the NBA in popularity in this country. We just had and you can call it prisoner of the moment, but it's gonna be in the conversation. Is the greatest World Series ever?
Speaker 1: Hard to deny?
Speaker 2: Right. Dodgers win Game six and seven on a play to end the games, a charging right fielder who snagged the live drive and doubled off a runner. Game seven went to extras. There was a bench clearing pseudo brawl in a Game seven of the World Series. We just saw three time MVP make a start in Game seven, a two times sy young winner come in after that, and a guy who had just pitched nearly one hundred pitches the night before have to go two and two thirds and throw thirty four more to get the win, a game tie and a game leading home run and the ninth and eleven. It was madness, and twenty six million people watched it. Twenty and one of the teams wasn't even in this country, so you're gonna add another ten million people in Canada that watched it. Thirty six million people watched the World Series, and again I mentioned it earlier to put that in perspective. The NBA, which apparently is some sort of great product that everybody's clamoring for after their latest round of TV deals, Clippers heat tonight, seven point six million people watch Game seven. Last year, the NBA has not had over twenty million people watch a finals game since Michael Jordan in nineteen ninety eight. The Dodgers are the best thing that has happened to baseball, and they made baseball relevant again, and these owners better not f it up so they can just put more money in their pocket with a salary cap and dig in because they know you can always outlast the players because you're worth billions of dollars and you really don't care. So the owners better not rob us of a final year of Freddie Freeman, of an age thirty three season of Sho Aotani. They can all pound sand and the Dodgers should be getting thank yous from all of them because their checks are considerably bigger for the national TV money, and you saw it from ESPN as I wrap it here, p a network that in their collective genius.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how that happen.
Speaker 2: We don't want Sunday night Baseball anymore. Sunday Night Baseball is not good for us. And then after this postseason run, we're coming back to the table. We're gonna find a way to keep Major League Baseball on ESPN moving forward because the Dodgers are compelling. Ultimately, that's what this comes down to. It is one of the most interesting, compelling, dominating, dynastical teams that we have seen in the history of sports. And they deserved to be lauded, not denigrated.
Speaker 1: Well, said Matt, They should be lauded and applauded, not denigrated. Right, that's just what you said. I just said the same thing again and we'll be right back. It's parade day, very exciting day for Angelinos and baseball types.
Speaker 2: It's the perfect time to talk balance sheets.
Speaker 1: And if you love the seams and you have a seamed head, I'm sure you're thrilled that baseball isstor past the NBA and now sits behind NFL and college football. I guess I mean it's hard to beat college football because they had like a one hundred and eighty teams and it's football. Well, come on, we'll be right back. You just heard from Jim Harbaugh. He was inspired, in fact, that's what he said. Not to mention David Vass inspiring. We'll have a Dodger version of one of the headlines in the very next segment. It's Petros some money On AM FI seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 2: We've made it even easier to take LA Sports with you this summer.
Speaker 3: Make AM five to seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast, a preset the iHeartRadio app using Apple CarPlay or Android Auto road Trip all summer with LA Sports.
Speaker 2: You missed the parade coverage earlier, It's available on podcasts the iHeartRadio app, A five seventy LA Sports tab. You're home with the back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers nine am to three pm. Tim Kates, David Bassey, Dodger interviews, all the speeches podcasted through that iHeartRadio app, and that coverage brought to you, in part by Strauss from the ballfield to the jobsite Strauss dot Com.
Speaker 1: All right, we can call this flip top, or we can say how we one of the headlines too, but you don't have that, you can play with it.
Speaker 2: I'll clip you out, I will put you out.
Speaker 1: This is the flip top story of the day, but this is more of a water the headlines style. Matt just enlightened a lot of people, a lot of very happy TEXTA sours saying, you know, Matt enlightened the public. This guy says fabulous. This says Matt, what about the broken bat? It's the bats, Matt. This one says preach with a bunch of exclamation points. Tell Matt, thank you for another stellar monologue. I had no idea of all the numbers regarding income and TV ratings. I'm sharing this with friends and family.
Speaker 2: Oh thank you.
Speaker 1: All right. The Dodgers were able to take down the Blue Jays, overcoming Meghan Markel and Prince Harry's appearance at game five after the eighteen innings was a game four. They showed up, yeah, four, Yeah, after eighteen innings they sought a national pr opportunity. The Yawyers lost and had to climb out of that hole and won in seven. It was wild, but Megan Markle made a new video after they won, she staged a video in her giant theater room in her house, shrieking and running over to Harry and bending over and kissing him because we all saw that double play coming and turned on a camera like Stephen Nelson to watch. Yes, let's get the camera cued up. Most people, we can record my reaction.
Speaker 2: Most people think it's a fake, staged video.
Speaker 1: It didn't really happen in the moment that she staged it after h don't let him jump on our train, is what I'm trying to say. In the comments, Matt, people were unforgiving. One post said, this is Pete cringe.
Speaker 2: Oh pc, Pete cringe.
Speaker 1: Not David Vasse and Blake Snell doing six to seven on the bust. Everybody, No, that's not Pete cringe, Markle is Pete cringe? Anyway, it was alleged that Harry Prince Harry was not rooting for the Dodgers, but in his soul was rooting for Canada and was unamused. It kind of makes sense, right when the Dodgers won either way. Yeah, I mean they're more Canadian, I mean British than we are. Either way, we can all agree we are an independent country. So let's please try and ignore the Prince Harry and Megan Markle acting like their Dodger fans. Now, that's true, that's a real issue. It's been lost in the wash. But we can't have You're right, don't let him in. Not allowed. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone you Charles Oakley, Yes, Rob low Bateman, fine, DiCaprio from Marshall High. Fine, as you said, Sydney Sweeney and her Sweeney's, her nuclear warheads.
Speaker 2: I'm okay with that.
Speaker 1: It's fine.
Speaker 2: I'm okay with that one.
Speaker 1: But no royals or fake disgraced royals. We have our own problems in this city. The parade happened under the watch of three Los Angeles zombie towers that are still sitting there right by the hobby Airs that they're building, and the Mastros Ocean Club and those buildings are there, and the Olympics and the World Cup are coming. So we have our own problems. We don't need Harry and Megan in the crowd. But again, congratulations to the Dodgers and their dynasty and their dominance. Wear at Canada, and please do not return to Dodger Stadium. Harry and Meghan, we have never seen them before at Dodger Stadium, have we? I don't remember cats? You there all the time, Yeah, I've never seen them. Yeah, don't jump our train because there was an eighteen inning game that everybody got geeked up about. If you like baseball, start with the wood Bat League, the summer team in Santa Barbara, the Foresters, good one. That's Billy told us about the other day. I had some friends that played on that back in the day. It's close to your home and nobody in La has to see you or worry about security. Please, Harry and Meghan do not return. Stay away from Malibu, Lebowski, stay out of Malibu. Dead beat Magic Johnson and his tweets. Fine Brad Paisley in his West Virginia style, never lived in La.
Speaker 2: Fine Clayton Kershaw's a dear friend.
Speaker 1: Texan. No Harry, No Meghan. We've got to draw the line somewhere, and we have to draw the line. Had a British prince and his American actress lifestyle brand wife, my wife and Jerry O'Connell can't come back either. I know he's a Charger fan and all that, Matt, but he's out too. He went up there. He went up there to Toronto and wore a Blue Jay's jersey and dorked out for Toronto. You're he thought he could jump on them and ride it all the way to Canadian excellence.
Speaker 2: No, you're out.
Speaker 1: You can't show up back at Dodger Stadium, sitting next to Bateman, trying to act like you're the same guy.
Speaker 2: You're not with a fat kid from stand by Me. Now go away.
Speaker 1: You look the same, but you're not the same guy. As Fassa would say, who's out? You would no, Harry and Meghan and no Jerry O'Connell. I don't know why Anthony Anderson has become so popular with the Dodgers. Maybe a connection with magic or something. But whatever Edward James almost I saw running around. He did an interview with Vassay Angelino Latino Chicano, fabulous.
Speaker 2: Harry and Meghan out.
Speaker 1: They don't even live here, they live in Moncito. Go root for the giants. You're close enough, up to your clothes.
Speaker 2: Welcome you. Yeah, take your helicopter.
Speaker 1: Go to Vegas and root for the a's b A's be the first to be Las Vegas.
Speaker 2: A's man or why not West Sacramento get started.
Speaker 1: Now started. Now, that's a great point. Sacramento is a great town.
Speaker 2: Matt's wonderful.
Speaker 1: Just ask Steve Sachs from Kate's and Sacks and the am. But I just why. I wanted people to remember that this has been great. But Harry and Meghan almost wrecked it for everybody.
Speaker 2: Isn't this great?
Speaker 1: They almost wrecked it for everybody. They tried, they showed up, they succeeded the day they arrived. They got Fox to show him a bunch of love. They got the camera on them, They got the camera on the back of their heads than a zoom into the plate. I mean, they got a lot of run and that can't happen. Megan probably knows more about baseball.
Speaker 2: Than Harry, probably, you'd hope, but I would assume he could apply his cricket skills to try to piece some things together and figure it out.
Speaker 1: Is that a home run?
Speaker 2: No, it's a foul ball. They don't have that in in football. Anthony Anderson Jerry O'Connell starting kangaroo jack together, Do you think there's a connection there, so perhaps the producer of it or something, But find there's always produce. There's there's always some connection. Let's see kangaroos, Like why.
Speaker 1: Is Anthony and like not that he's not a great actor or that people like.
Speaker 2: But I just produced by Bruckheimer.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, I mean I don't watch Blackish or whatever, but yeah, I just don't know why, Like why does that actor get.
Speaker 2: He is an l A guy born Compton.
Speaker 1: That's cool.
Speaker 2: So maybe just so Hollywood high school. Oh let's go sheikhs uh so, who knows, Maybe just a big Dodger guy. And they like having the la actors. Yeah, you can't have a Bateman or low do the I don't know. Seems like maybe uh rabatas DiCaprio, DiCaprio. But listen, it was a beautiful Crimona. It certainly was it all right here?
Speaker 1: And at least they didn't let Harry and Meghan run around up there on stage because that would have been a problem.
Speaker 2: Yes, hey, long, it's Harry. What do you think about me? I'm just in this event?
Speaker 1: A hey what about me getting a short?
Speaker 2: I have my wife on Michelde. I'll run it.
Speaker 1: Let us have a go. What you say so we'll be right back with your dead and a live guy birthday the day. We'll have some parade highlights before the show ends at six point thirty. Hope you're having a nice evening, certainly a lot to celebrate. Do we have Monday Night Football on AM eleven fifty. Monday Night Football is on AM eleven fifty.
Speaker 2: We'll have the Clippers here. It's an Eyema horse Monday Cowboys playing, though nobody really cares about them. Right, good call? Hello, MS listener.
Speaker 1: Did you know AM five seventy LA Sports has a wide range of LA sports podcasts.
Speaker 2: There's Rogan and Rodney. That one is my favorite, Dodger Talk.
Speaker 3: With David Vasse, the Dodger Podcast of Record, Clipper Talk with auDA Musk, follow us all, and many more. Just go to AM five to seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: Welcome back. It's Petrosen Money on M five seventy LA Sports. We'll have a recap of all the fun and a fun fact in the very next segment. But right now it's time for the dead guy. Birthday of the day.
Speaker 2: Well quickly p Happy birthday to Ralph Greenleaf. His obituary it read what Babe Ruth did for baseball dempse did for fighting. Tilden did for tennis Greenleaf did for pocket billiards. Ralph Greenleaf, nineteen thirty five. This is what got me to him. He would have been one hunred and twenty sixty day. The media reported that Greenleaf fell off the wagon when he vanished just before a crucial tournament in New York. He woke up in Oklahoma under arrest as a vagrant. In order to be released, he had to prove to the constable his identity by walking across the street to a pool hall located in front of the jailhouse in Oakamolgi, Oklahoma, and ran eighty seven balls consecutively. He was born in Mammoth, which is almost Iowa. He won nineteen titles and sadly the bottle got him. He was only fifty years old. Ralph Greene. Wow, we got.
Speaker 1: Marie McDonald McLoughlin Lowry aka Lulu Kennedy Cairns known as Lulu Lulu, seventy seven years old today. Scottish child star born into Well just born into Royalty because of her abilities to sing. Although she was born in a castle in Glasgow. She was twelve, she started with a local band. They called her Lulu because She was a real lulu of a kid, and she has grown to be one of Britain's biggest stars ever six decade career because of her embulent personality and voice. She was fifteen and she covered Shout nineteen sixty four for Decca Record. She toured with the Hollies. She signed with Columbia. She had her biggest hit with Too sur with Love and the Movie with your favorite guy, Matt Oh Sidney Potier. The way you say it's just inspiring to me, like Harbon. In nineteen sixty seven, she stole Here Comes the Night from Van Morrison and them. Hers came out first. Van was not pleased. He's inaffable, he wrote it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: She's always endured on TV shows like kad Zooks, It's the in Crowd, lots of TV, Matt TV Forever, and singing covers. Nineteen seventy four she did The Man with a Golden Gun. Still guest starring all over from the Masked Singer to Glaston Mary married briefly twice, wants to mow GiB from the begis with one child, not with GiB. She said to have an affair with David Bowie in the seventies and an affair with the much younger guy from the British boy band take that whoa.
Speaker 2: Yeah back in the day from nineteen nineties.
Speaker 1: Hey Lulu Lulu, British superstar and we will return with petros and money highlights on a seventy LA sports parade day. I love a parade and so do you apparently. Yeah, a lot of people in the streets.
Speaker 2: Brought the community together. Pee. That's what we need these things. That's what the Dodgers do.
Speaker 1: With their Japanese players.
Speaker 2: And now you do it. Everybody knows. That's the vehicle.
Speaker 1: Venezuelan position player gets his first hit and sometimes.
Speaker 2: Cuban defensive specialists in the outfield.
Speaker 1: Knocking over a Puerto Rican fight.
Speaker 2: Look at you all that next