Speaker 1: Back with second date update. Literally trying to help you find love. The more I talk to people about dating, the more treacherous I hear that it is.
Speaker 2: So we're here to help. If you go on a.
Speaker 1: First date and let's say you're date ghosts, we will call them with you on the line to try to figure things out, see why they might have ghosted you.
Speaker 2: You know, sometimes it works out in a second date. Let's see if we can get that done for our guy him. Are you there?
Speaker 1: I am, Hey, Hey, so I want to hear all about this date. Tell me about Eli. How'd you guys meet? And then what'd you guys do for your first date?
Speaker 2: All?
Speaker 3: Right? Well, we we met on grinder, Okay, but it wasn't an immediate meet.
Speaker 2: We like, it wasn't like a right away.
Speaker 3: We talked for a little bit and then we met a couple of days later for tacos and margaritos.
Speaker 1: Okay, because correctly, if I'm wrong with like, grinder can be immediate, right, it can be like sitting ten feet to your left, let's go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty much that's what grind grinder usually Okay, but I don't know. We we got to chat him and we decided that we wanted to see if it would be more than just kind.
Speaker 2: Of a grinder slow play. How often does this happen? Not very? Okay? So, how was the date?
Speaker 3: I mean it was really it was really awesome when we booked on musical theater and we both we both cry at the last ten.
Speaker 2: Minutes of so go, I mean, who doesn't, right?
Speaker 3: Yeah? No, I thought he was really sweet and funny and like he was really honest. We we really we really had a lot to talk about.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, and he just ghosted, just gone.
Speaker 3: He just ghosted. I haven't heard from him.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: All right, let's call him. I mean, that's why we're here. We're gonna call him. We're gonna have you on the line. Second Date, up Date brought to you by Pomponio Ranch meets be phrased Right, I'm a coast side bold flavor.
Speaker 2: It's the Bay's beef Jerky.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 2: Hello, May I speak to Eli? Please? This is him Eli. This is Marcus from Star one on one three iHeartRadio.
Speaker 4: Okay, what is the did I win a conscious with up?
Speaker 2: You don't listen to the morning show?
Speaker 4: Do you heavy? Now? And then? But not like often?
Speaker 2: Not religiously.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're doing second date update right now? Does that mean anything to you?
Speaker 4: It does not.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So I got a call from a gentleman that you went out with not too long ago, went out with for for tacos, and his name's Hyman. He's saying that you ghosted him, and I'm just calling kind of on his behalf to try to figure out why if you ghosted A and B, what happened?
Speaker 2: Did you ghost?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I did?
Speaker 2: Okay, did he do something wrong?
Speaker 4: I mean, on it, I'll say this. The date was fun.
Speaker 1: But because so here's here's what he told me. He told me that, like and I wrote it again. He told me that the date felt really honest.
Speaker 4: So that's the problem. It was too honest. Like but he was literally he was talking about like planning ahead, like his few games. He gave me his five year plan, and it was like when he meets the right guy, he wants to get married. He wants to have like a house in Berkeley, he wants two dogs, a share closet.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 4: He was telling me all that before we ordered Keto, and then he reached over and like touched my wrists and said, I can tell you fall in love quickly as well, and I'm like, no, I don't like I mean, don't get me wrong. He was a nice guy. He's attractive. Like the conversation was good, but like it was just intense, like really intense. He kept correcting my spaniss like when I was ordering something, he would like correct me, which I thought was kind of annoying.
Speaker 2: Oh I wasn't ask you if you thought that was annoying. All right.
Speaker 4: The first time was cut, but the second time I was like, okay, I get it Spanish is my first leg was like this is getting kind of a bit much.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, So basically like he was too fast, too furious, kind of.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like he was telling me about like what the dog's names would be just a lot.
Speaker 2: Sure here.
Speaker 1: The thing about it is is that time is actually listening right now. We'll try to use this as a teachable moment. Sorry, I'd love to bring him on, if that's okay?
Speaker 3: Sure him?
Speaker 2: Are you there?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Hey? Hi?
Speaker 1: So, uh you can see how this might be a little bit accelerated, right, Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, I mean I was joking kind of. I mean, you know, as I said, grinder is usually wham dam. But since we were actually going on dates. I figured it would be funny to joke about, Hey, we've done the whole get grinder immediacy and now we're clearly ready for a future together. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm gonna be honest with you. It didn't seem jokingly to me, Like it seemed like you were just genuinely looking for like something more and I'm just trying to have fun. I'm not looking at that road down the road. I'm not looking for relationship or dating or boyfriend or anything like you're on like a whole other level. And I respect that you're honest about whatever you're looking for, but I am not, in any way, shape or form I'm looking for any type of commitment or anything like that at all.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't say that's too bad because I thought, you know, if we were actually meeting up and having a conversation instead of getting right to.
Speaker 2: Make and stuff.
Speaker 4: I mean, sometimes I just want to get dinner, but like I don't want to but you were really just pushing it.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: It just seems like you're really looking for that guy, and I hope you find it, but it's just I can't be.
Speaker 2: That guy, right, Hang on, you guys hang on.
Speaker 1: Second ate update after seven, after nine, it's the Eye radio app on the podcast Marcus in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Second date update