Speaker 1: About this. This is pretty awesome.
Speaker 2: Let's hear it, man, And you know when you go to the thing and it closes out and then you got a stall. Right here we go, kfan welcome some great shows to the Ledge Amphitheater. We have thirty eight special this weekend featuring the Chris Hockey Band. John Mullaney will be there August twenty second, and Black Label Society will be there on September twenty fifth. All the details at kfan dot com. Keyword calendar.
Speaker 1: That's right. Let's go.
Speaker 3: A r to Morris you eighty four one and the eight o'clock hour.
Speaker 1: We did it.
Speaker 3: How's things going at the pole?
Speaker 4: I think they're going fine. I don't know time they open. I know Christy had to be there at six. So those people who work at work the polls today, the usual shift is six am to ten pm, a sixteen hour shift.
Speaker 1: They expect you to be there now.
Speaker 4: They will they will allow you to do like two eight hour shift and if they got somebody else older the eight our show, the vast majority of the people are there sixteen hours.
Speaker 1: Did they get to eat? They do? They get to the bak?
Speaker 4: I think Chrissy gets a half hour for lunch and a half hour for supper.
Speaker 1: At some point do they get to use the throne de throne?
Speaker 5: Did they have to call it supper because it's Minnesota?
Speaker 1: I have to that's right? You bet you? Yeah? Do you get like free? I voted stickers? What are the perks if you do? If you vote, I don't think you're allowed.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, for instance, Christy is not working at our polling place, so she had to vote early. Hm, which you remind me, I got to find time today to.
Speaker 1: You may do it for you. You cannot. Why don't I just guess who you would have picked, and I'll do it for you.
Speaker 3: You're going wig party all the way, right.
Speaker 1: I'm going with your anti Andrew Jackson.
Speaker 4: I want the big ballot please, okay? Yeah, if you haven't done it, you go. Then you go in and you ask for a ballot for one party or the other, and then you uh, then you put down your choices.
Speaker 1: You can't do both. You cannot do both. Been to a pham party? Oh party? I'm terrified right now? What the myth used to have them back in the day.
Speaker 2: I believe that I always thought about going sixteen plus phone parties Oh my.
Speaker 1: God, how is that legal? God? That's I mean, what is a phone party?
Speaker 6: Foam? Oh, foam? I don't know what a phone party is?
Speaker 1: Foam. Actually a m that's the new version of the key party.
Speaker 3: I think phone parties. Were you just selling around your house and just zone out.
Speaker 1: And look at stuff? Yep?
Speaker 7: Suddenly you wake up and it's like three hours later and you haven't done anything, and you're covered.
Speaker 5: Feces and your life is passing you by. You saw some funny, funny videos.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, all right, we're ready for some five.
Speaker 8: Sure, it's time for Fan five on the Power Trip, brought to you by the Saint false sake.
Speaker 7: Let's go say it's good luck tonight field a dreams game. They'll be back to twenty fifth tickets at Saints baseball dot com.
Speaker 5: Doing who's doing Who's pitching the field of dream game for the Twins.
Speaker 1: I don't even know. I can tell you if you don't know. Do you want me tell you? John? Yes, I do want you to tell me. It's Thursday for the Twins. Yeah, Mary Lewis.
Speaker 4: Todaywether Lewis, Oh for the Twins. To Bradley, Bradley, I think to Bradley's turning the rotation last night. I don't know that they'd announced it yesterday, but yes, yeah, what.
Speaker 5: Do you think of Kayln Culpeper's weekend, specifically the home run?
Speaker 4: Yeah, to the majors. First hit is a home run that was great. Uh, you know, glove work. I think he had a welcome to the Major's kind of moment in Friday's game where he thought he had more.
Speaker 1: Time than he had.
Speaker 4: It turns out the Brewers are filled with guys who can run real fast, and he was at maybe a little nonchalant or didn't understand the speed of the game and ended up costing the Twins a run with a late throat of first base. But I'm excited to see what he can do at shortstop. The question about him has been he's going to be a below average shortstop or an average shortstop or maybe slightly above average shortstop. And what he has shown in the miners is the question about him when he was drafted was not so much offensive. There were two questions. One was, you know, will he have enough power? And the second is can he handle shortstop at the major league level? And what he has shown throughout the miners is it looks like he can probably handle shortstop at the major league level. That question is still out there. We'll have to see how it goes. But he has thrived defensively in the miners and he has also hit twenty home runs last year. He's up to fourteen home runs this year in the miners. So it looks like you have the power and then cheer enough. His first hits a home run, So there's a lot to be there, and they need they have juggle around their defense. They have moved just about everybody down the defensive spectrum, and you can do that if you actually have a good shortstop, and so they desperately need him to become a good shortstop.
Speaker 5: Had a second fly last night in the fourth, but the Twins won nine to five over the Baltimore Orioles. The Twins had fourteen hits, and Austin Martin had four of them. He was four or five three runs, including a solo home run in the third.
Speaker 4: Austin Martin has been in about a three month slump, and we spent Monday's Leaving to the Geek podcast expressing disappointment in Austin Martin's performance over the last three months. For about ten to fifteen minutes. Then he went out and had his best game of the year good time, which is really good to see because because he needs it. I mean that if he's going to be a valuable bench player, he's got to be able to have to bring this sort of game that he had last night with some occasional power, some good speed, and being able to get on base versus especially versus left handed pitching.
Speaker 1: And that's what he did. It was fantastic.
Speaker 5: The Twins are fifty nine and sixty one. They are three and a half games by in Chicago and the division one and a half behind the Rangers and the wildcard.
Speaker 4: Right now, it looks like there's basically four guys, four teams chasing the last wildcard spot. And sure enough, if you take a look at like the Sabermetric odds and so on, the Twins of about a twenty five percent chance of making the postseason. But even that kind of I think understates it because there are also two If any of those teams gets hot, you'd think, oh, well, then they're just going to take it. No, if any of those teams gets hot, they probably win their division, so still have a chot at their own division, and if they win that division, there's a decent chance that even get a buy in the first round of the postseason. So, uh, you know this is a It's gonna be some real drama. If the Twins were a game and a half and it got two months to make it up, If they were a game and a half back a week before the end of the season, I'd be excited about it. But to be this close, with still this much time to play, and I think they've still got six games left versus the White Sox to chase them down, it's gonna be a gonna be interesting. They are heading into a tough stretch of games right for.
Speaker 6: No reason, just because I stumbled across. And let's try this.
Speaker 5: Let's let's test your baseball knowledge, right, you have a baseball empire that you have built? Yes, does on DraftKings give me the heavy favorite to win al MVP and the slight favorite to win n L m VP.
Speaker 6: The al MVP is a heavy favorite.
Speaker 1: Boy, I'm a blanket. A little hint.
Speaker 5: I barely know this guy exists, and Chris has never heard of him.
Speaker 1: Well, Bobby Whit's been hurt her judge has been hurt.
Speaker 6: Wit is fourth. Uh, I have no idea who the third guy plays for?
Speaker 5: Never even heard of him.
Speaker 1: My blanket here, help me out. I got it. I'm blanking if.
Speaker 5: I give you his initials. That's too obvious to his last team charged with an a got a Gleaman's love in this segment right now? Ye uh? Jordan Alvarez heavy favorite in the AL minus fifteen hundred? What about the NL slight slight slight favorite? So it looks like a two man race in the NL Schoreber He's third.
Speaker 1: Would he be a good fit in the twins? Showhy is second? Okay, just barely behind the favorite another Dodger, Nope, Calista Lockhart close.
Speaker 5: Pete crow Armstrong is the just minor favorite, just a little sliver ahead of show.
Speaker 4: Hey, he's a hell of a player. He was the He was the person who started in front of Byron Buxton in centerfield for the for the USA Team USA for the World Baseball Classic. So yeah, dude has some skills.
Speaker 5: The Links are at Portland tomorrow at nine o'clock. The Links continue to win twenty seven and seven martins. They're in the postseason with shocks no one, of course, but they have a playoff spot already clinched. They look like they're the best team in the WNBA. They what whooped the Aces on Saturday? The Wings on Sunday, they whooped that Ace.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they are games could be.
Speaker 9: I will I liked the line I used last week. I'll use it again. The Links are head and shoulders, knees and toes above every other team in the WNBA. And Kayla McBride had the game of her life.
Speaker 1: Ten threes WNBA record.
Speaker 9: I was just looking at her quarter scores, her quarterbox score in that game against Dallas, where she had forty three and set the WNBA record for ten made three pointers in the first quarter from three zero for zero, so she did not even shoot a three pointer in the first quarter. Yet she went on to set the record in that game second quarter four for five, third quarter two for four, fourth quarter four for five.
Speaker 6: That's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: On DraftKings, the Links are even money to win the a w NBA title. The next closest is the Aces at a little over four to one, So is.
Speaker 9: Even money not a huge favorite.
Speaker 1: At this point?
Speaker 5: That is Yeah, that's basically saying that's just as likely as the field, right it's there. They're even money, so yeah, they are pretty likely to win this thing here. I think injury is the only thing that's going to stop them.
Speaker 1: I really do. They're loaded.
Speaker 5: They're especially again they're starting five is loaded. They don't go to their bench much. They don't need to because they're starting five so frequent.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 5: A short serious though, Well, especially if the commissioner shows up with the skyline of the opposing team on her sports code or whatever. I'm never going to be opposed to that, though, even if that's showing favoritism. If she's got the Vegas skyline on her on her blazer, it's.
Speaker 9: Got like construction over here here like cones over by the wind.
Speaker 5: And yeah, it was just like a little light up sign this is abbot with an arrow pointing to be a construction up there?
Speaker 6: Where are then calmed down? You don't know where the line.
Speaker 9: Is up near her shoulder but a little bit lower and she're centered?
Speaker 1: Got it? How does she still have a job? The last couple of years is a lot?
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah she is. There's just a lot going on, but it's chaos.
Speaker 1: Like I mean, isn't the job of a commissioner to reel it in.
Speaker 9: Yes, but she can't control every individual player and what every individual player does and says and tweets and the job interviews and well she can't mute them.
Speaker 5: But can I ask you a question? And I'm not even asking this sarcastically, but like, what has she done? Because it seems like from afar she's just watching the city burn, you know what I'm saying, Like, what what has she done to even try to slow the story down or stop this narrative? And it just looks like it's wild wild West. It looks like it's a headless horseman here.
Speaker 9: I don't live behind her closed doors, so I can't answer that question. I think she's been reacting to everything that has happened, so I know the wheels are turning and there are responses that are happening. If I'm guessing, if the owners had a real problem with her, she would not have been the commissioner going into this season, like there would have been a change, But she got through the collective bargaining agreement that happened over the summer that went into place that set the table for this new season and the bigger contracts and the expansion is happening, and Cleveland's coming in and Detroit and Connecticut's moving to Houston, and all these things are happening, and so the owners must be okay working with her strange because she is still the commissioner and the league is still thriving, and the Links are gonna win a ball. Sing He's serious, singing d Champs the Links a Gunno in the Dana.
Speaker 6: Okay, he regrets that.
Speaker 3: What's a tinyle?
Speaker 9: It's when you only hom and you gotta stuff nor Oh.
Speaker 1: My gosh, I'm gonna need some title after that.
Speaker 5: Extra, Let's do headlines. We've talked enough sports. Let's let's do headlines when we come back. All right, headlines after this. Martie Galling there, John Bonus and the rest of the Power Trip Morning Show right here on the fan al right Heart Radio Music Festival.
Speaker 2: Okay, another way to Jane everybody else. You're all access past the Cafe and starts at Cafe dot com. Slash watch, watch the Powder Burning Show, program pastors, lusive interviews and more. Get close to the show. Some personalities that you love. It's powered by quantum Fiber Internet.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm gonna say hi and thank you. All the people out of the stomp Out Suicide event. I was out on Saturday morning. What an impressive and and uh a wonderful event to the organizers, everybody, Canvas Health who put that together. Thank you for inviting me out there. I'm so sorry that we had to be there, but I'm so glad we were together. What a great uh, what a great morning, and what a great event. Great to meet everybody after a lot of Power Trip listeners out there supporting each other. So take care of yourself, take care of each other, take care of your mental health. Arder morning, Shure. We're back and this is our final segment of the day. Marty Glarnar is here and as is Bones. Hi kids, our reporter close to Flockhart has gone on strike.
Speaker 1: Sad sad story. That's too bad. Yeah, she wants a yacht. Well I heard it has one. That's right. That's what she said. That's what she said.
Speaker 4: She heard.
Speaker 1: All right, you ready, yeah, I pick are ready, And now it's time for headline presented by.
Speaker 5: We get It.
Speaker 10: We do it.
Speaker 1: Like I'm doing that every time we play that what is that? Hip hop array by by Nagery.
Speaker 3: And then Mary's like, what.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 5: I know, we accidentally stumbled across. We were talking about the feet picks earlier.
Speaker 3: You were talking about it.
Speaker 5: It's in the news, Chris. This might get your attention even though it does relate to feet. But former Baywatch star Erica Lenniac is joining only fans and has promised naked feet.
Speaker 1: Feet alright, fat, So let's start, I guess bottoms up.
Speaker 5: Maybe Marty seeing the Steven Sagall film Undersea under Siege.
Speaker 1: You know, don't be disgusted by me, Marty, I'm not.
Speaker 9: I'm I just I didn't know where it was going.
Speaker 1: It's not a terrible movie. It's a great movie. And that cake a cake is something.
Speaker 5: Under Siege came out in nineteen ninety two. There was a young man named Corey Kove who.
Speaker 1: Was twelve years old.
Speaker 5: So let's just say Eric Holleniac was a game changer for a lot of twelve year old in nineteen ninety What was that rated?
Speaker 1: Oh? It was rated?
Speaker 6: R okay, I mean it almost had to have too. Yeah, it was rated.
Speaker 1: Ar let's go right.
Speaker 9: Does she have a nude?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: She jumps out of a cakeless, topless and a cake.
Speaker 3: Without any air support for at least twelve hours.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it makes no sense because she gets like drunk because she was like sea sick or something, so she like took some medication to kind of calmer nerves, and she falls asleep slash passes out in a giant cake that she eventually was going to perform in.
Speaker 1: Well, she doesn't know that while she's out.
Speaker 5: Cold, the entire the entire ship gets taken over and they're all held hostage.
Speaker 1: So she doesn't know and they don't know that she's in the cake.
Speaker 5: So then Steven Sagall is wandering around looking for bad guys bumps the cake and that wakes her up and she immediately starts performing and the world has never been the same.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let me tell you.
Speaker 1: I love cake.
Speaker 9: Oh my, okay, I love it.
Speaker 3: Even more now.
Speaker 9: Yes, doing a video maybe inappropriate. I'm gonna close the appropriate.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean she's the tap.
Speaker 3: I mean, if if you don't mind the female form.
Speaker 1: That was she was, I don't, I don't mind.
Speaker 6: She was not on Baywatch at that point. She was on Baywatch later.
Speaker 1: Right, correct, Yes, this was her debut.
Speaker 5: Then we learn the last time we talked about Erica, and then't we learned she was in e t when she was like ten. Correct, I believe she was. I thought we talked about that. Yeah, because obviously Drew Barry much to start. But I'm almost positive a very Eric Oleniac was also in e it was wow, was she et?
Speaker 1: I don't believe.
Speaker 5: So she's pretty much the opposite looks wise, I kind of hot. Okay, I don't know what you're into.
Speaker 3: You like the fact that his neck grows, don't you?
Speaker 1: I like that finger? Okay, wet up. We did set him up. She's I mean we saw that ten minutes ago. Her credit in uh in Et is pretty girl. Yeah, which is a creepy way to do that. Yeah, because that means some casting director was like, let's call her pretty girl.
Speaker 6: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Gross.
Speaker 6: But she had to be real young, very young. Yeah, she must have been like ten or something.
Speaker 5: But anyway, but the point is is now she's fifty six, yeah, and she's already done nudity. But now she's going to OnlyFans for feet and she's gonna make a freaking fortune.
Speaker 7: It's incredible. God, guys are gross how humans are different because feet do not and for.
Speaker 1: Me the same. I don't get it.
Speaker 6: Not one thing I don't get she's got him, right, I mean she.
Speaker 9: Here, okay, and speaking as a lady, if there is a body part that I foxlore could show for money, I would consider my feet. Sure, I have no problem, no shame, right, yeah, no problem with that. And I love Zach's theory about feet. You just yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: I mean that's like that's like Girls Gone Wild without signing the agreement to Joe Francis or whatever his name was.
Speaker 3: It like a Costco sample right there.
Speaker 1: Exactly, good morning.
Speaker 5: Zach's theory about feet is correct that if you were had any fetish in the world, the best one to have would be being in defeat because you could just look at him all the time and nobody would know that.
Speaker 1: You're like.
Speaker 6: That guy staring at my feet. I don't know, it's weird. He's into them, but.
Speaker 1: You don't know that.
Speaker 5: Go to the beach and see constant naked feed bare feet everywhere. You don't have to pay for him a locker room stuff that Chris is you have to pay a fortune to see.
Speaker 1: It's just making it poor.
Speaker 5: But feed people can just no, no, Probably she just moved to San Diego and see what's going on on the beach and just go every single day and there's just feet all over the place.
Speaker 3: You worked at three different foot lockers.
Speaker 6: There, you shoe store, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those people. I mean, why would you work at a foot locker if he didn't like feeteh Man?
Speaker 3: Right right, So Victoria's secret.
Speaker 5: I do think it's interesting that somebody that's done nudity is doing only fans and not perpetuating the nudity, because she would make even more if she did that. But it has done news well yeah, yeah, she was a playboy and and Undersea.
Speaker 1: She's done nudity. It's it's a it's worth seeing. She's fifty six.
Speaker 5: Okay, is that ye?
Speaker 1: Brian Oa holding up? Well, I am, I was.
Speaker 4: No, I'm saying My point is I was much more willing to be have my body on display when I was twenty something.
Speaker 1: That, well, you don't look like Erica Lenniac. Well, no, I never did. I hope you did. If you did, Chris dated Year, I'd be questioning things. If you did, I'll be like, you know, anybody right, anybody got a cake? Get in there? Uh?
Speaker 5: The Backstreet Boys are going to do New Year's Eve at the Sphere, right, I know, Parker and Taylor. Right, just saw Backstreet at the Sphere. Everybody says, it's an awesome show. A residency just keeps on rolling on. But they're going to do New Year's Eve at the Sphere.
Speaker 3: It's so crazy because like there's so many bands that.
Speaker 7: Like Kenny Chesney surprised me that it went so well at the Fear the Sphere because he jumps around the stage so much. He's and at the Sphere, there's no reason for him to do that, you know what I mean. Like seeing the Eagles at the Sphere was perfect because they just stand there and you you don't look at the band at all while they're playing.
Speaker 3: You're watching everything going on.
Speaker 7: So seeing the Backstreet Boys, they might as well be backstage, you know what I mean. Sure, sitting in couches sign.
Speaker 9: It could this be the future of how concerts should go in that you eliminate like how you have to send eight trailers ahead to get the state and A because it's Yeah, everybody says it's an unbelievable experience as the concert goer, right, Yeah, And it's all technology for sure.
Speaker 7: I mean it makes all the cincinnaorl especially as an aging rocker, you know as a band that has a hard time perhaps with the travel.
Speaker 3: As much as possible.
Speaker 7: And if you have people, if you have a big enough audience that's willing to fly somewhere to come see, why wouldn't you want to do that make them come to you.
Speaker 6: I think it's great And what better place in Vegas?
Speaker 1: Exactly a man.
Speaker 9: And if you're the venue, you can go the turnover from night to night tonight if you want it, So you could have seven different shows in seven different days, and the turnover is essentially just hey, where's your memory.
Speaker 1: Card or whatever?
Speaker 9: You have the show on whatever piece of technology. Yeah, yes, yeah, because the actual infrastructure does not change.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in Vegas is.
Speaker 5: Going to have to keep thinking of things like this as well, because as almost every state in the Union exever Minnesota has legalized sports betting, right, and there's casinos all over the place. So it's like back in the day, the only way you could go bet on sports was to flat to Las Vegas.
Speaker 6: Now you can do that anywhere. So you have to have more reasons than just gambling.
Speaker 5: It's got to be world class restaurants, world class entertainment, world class experiences.
Speaker 1: It has all of those things. But let's keep it going, man. I mean, look at Mystic Lake. Yeah, that's just what they built, you got it? Yeah, I will look at Mystic Lake.
Speaker 9: But we weren't. We did a story. I feel like I don't know a few months ago that there was another severe concept being built in Arlington.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll tell it's a smaller version.
Speaker 9: That was my sort of initial question is is this going to be the template.
Speaker 1: For supposed to be?
Speaker 9: I think it's certainly venues in London and the country.
Speaker 1: Or Nashville potentially too.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it certainly could be. And imagine like cold weather cities, you know, we're like well like Minneapolis where half the year you can't go outside of the mystic like Anthitheater. Imagine you could go into a sphere there's a little bit smaller and see right, maybe the Rocket Club Chris Hockey Tour.
Speaker 1: Go see Rocket Club at the cylinder, that's right.
Speaker 9: Maybe not as grandiose as.
Speaker 1: At the golf balls dust cylinder. I think the dust cylinder. Because they're talking shapes. Jesus, crackers, fras are you talking about?
Speaker 5: She's at Crackers are technically not squares, they're rectangles. They're about one inch by zero point nine five inches. Now here's my question for the cheese it people. If you know that your template for your shape of your cheese it is one inch byero point nine to five inches.
Speaker 6: Why wouldn't you just make it a square?
Speaker 9: Why don't you go one by one?
Speaker 6: I don't understand.
Speaker 1: There must be a reason for it.
Speaker 4: I'm wondering if during the production process, at some point you need them facing a certain direction. Yeah, something like that, something to do with the machine that makes something some way to Yeah, because there's air in there.
Speaker 1: You're correct.
Speaker 10: The microscopic difference makes them technically rectangles, shape caused by slight shifting or shrinking during the industrial cutting, drying, and high speed baking process.
Speaker 1: Okay, but.
Speaker 5: Then couldn't you just start with a bigger cheese it cracker that during this process it shrinks down to a one by one?
Speaker 1: Can't you just ratow it out differently? I mean, come on, cheese it people. Because of the movement, it's interesting freaking a little more one way.
Speaker 5: In my mind, it does look so close that I would have never known that it's not. But I guess it technically is not a square. So if you ever want to win like a prop it if you want to, you know, hustle your friends as one wants to do, bat them that it's not a square, and then win money and then and the friendship exactly. So that's what we call a win win is you're richer, you have cheese at crackers and you have fewer friends.
Speaker 4: Pull out your God, I gotta do that for precision measuring device, to show them those one twentieth of an inch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, difference.
Speaker 3: I get arrested when I pull my.
Speaker 9: I think the moral of the story of years we can all agree shrinkage is a problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Is the best cheese it the extra toastyh.
Speaker 6: I go, reduced fat, that's the best one.
Speaker 5: You it's I've been told because I've never had the extra toasty ones that it's similar.
Speaker 1: Like it's it's got a different taste.
Speaker 6: I just can't do the regular cheese. It's anymore.
Speaker 4: Well there.
Speaker 5: I actually think the reduced fat taste better, legitimately taste better. I'm definitely not eating them because I think I'm being healthier. I just think they taste better.
Speaker 1: I like the big ones. Okay, for a.
Speaker 3: Long time, it's not even worth putting big cheese.
Speaker 1: It's a great yeah, bigger the better, but never had them. I like the duos. What are those? You got two different flavors in the same package.
Speaker 6: But like, what are the options? Which ones do you like?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I can't remember the things. One it's a little smoky or maybe a smoky guda or something. And then another one.
Speaker 9: It was like a fancy cheese it fancy cheese its.
Speaker 1: I like the fancy cheese its.
Speaker 3: That's a weird word. Sounds like somebody in the Sopranos.
Speaker 9: And that's monzarella and parmesan, bacon and cheddar.
Speaker 1: Not anything with pestos.
Speaker 5: All right, this is nonsense since we're talking about nitpicking products like cheese. It's you got something before we move on.
Speaker 3: I just want to come back to food when you get a second.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is preposterous, but let's just stay with me for a second. For the first time in.
Speaker 5: Over fifteen years, seven Up is changing its recipe so it no longer will be a lemon lime soda.
Speaker 6: Instead it will be a lime lemon soda.
Speaker 5: Who They're going to tweak the formula to be more lime forward, and they're doing it across the entire lineup, including zero sugar, the cherry seven up and the cherry zero sugar.
Speaker 1: This changes everything.
Speaker 9: It makes you sad. Are you a big seven?
Speaker 1: I love? And it will Actually they're going to change up the branding.
Speaker 5: It'll actually say lime lemon on the packaging, not lemon lime, It'll say lime lemon.
Speaker 1: Big deal. I'm gonna tell you right now, big deal.
Speaker 3: This has nothing to do with the taste of it.
Speaker 7: This is somebody in the marketing office saying, here's how we're going to get some people to talk about us again.
Speaker 9: You know it was time for seven up to have a shake up.
Speaker 1: What are we going to do to to push the old seven up? Well, here's what we're gonna say.
Speaker 5: One social media influencer today side by side taste test and smell to see if you could smell or taste the difference. She said the new version does have a limeier smell, and it's slightly more zesty and flavor, but she said.
Speaker 6: It's barely noticeable.
Speaker 3: I think it's complete suggestion. I bet it doesn't.
Speaker 1: I bet that. I bet it didn't change at all.
Speaker 6: You know what I mean, just lying to us.
Speaker 7: It's the exact same formula and just the idea that you're saying the one word first makes you think of that.
Speaker 4: Got to go around and horde? Whoa you got hold of seven up? You do what you like, hold the hord, the old seven up.
Speaker 9: I can't say that I've seen anyone with a seven up outside of a mixed drink or or sick belly or a sick belly.
Speaker 1: Seven up in saltines.
Speaker 6: Right, That's that's it, man, that was Mom's remedy.
Speaker 5: Price is right, seven up in saltines or ginger aile on saltines, one of the two mostly seven up.
Speaker 3: I've written two things down? Can I go with these two things?
Speaker 7: Ye? Do you guys know, because you just said thinking about Mom's remedy? Do they still make vix vapo rub?
Speaker 1: Yes? Oh yeah? Do you guys remember that you still use it just for fun though for pleasure, not for purpose. He just likes rubbing it on the table. Wakes me up in the afternoon. Yeah, it's a little hit.
Speaker 3: I can still smell it, and I didn't even know if they whether if they made it or not anymore.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely part of my when I get a bad cold routine, I still do vix vapor.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna buy some bringing in here, rub it all over Corey.
Speaker 6: That'd be great.
Speaker 7: You're welcome number two. Uh CBS the other day, I love CBS. Let me tell you why CBS is like Walmart, only not having to go to Walmart.
Speaker 6: Do you go CBS at Target or CBS stand alone?
Speaker 1: Stand alone?
Speaker 6: Stand alone?
Speaker 7: They have all kinds of odd candies, just like out of nowhere. They'll have like a yeah, you know what I mean. And they had twigs balls.
Speaker 1: Nope, that sounds incredible, are amazing original?
Speaker 7: I said, twigs, by the way, exactly original flavor twicks.
Speaker 6: Sure, that sounds incredible.
Speaker 7: Here's the thing, though, tastes nothing like a twix. And and they were so strong, they were strossed so strongly caramel.
Speaker 3: Salty, No, so.
Speaker 7: Strongly caramel that I had to throw them away because the smell on the of Kramel in my hands would not go away. Had to wash my hands like multiple times to get the smell of Kramel off my hands. So I think they're experimenting, you know, And they went strong on the caramel.
Speaker 8: Man, the chocolate twicks coated on the outside, they looked like like like a whopper, sure, exactly like aper, But inside where.
Speaker 5: Did your.
Speaker 9: Fingers even into contact with carmel?
Speaker 7: It's a legitimate question. They never did. That was the bothersome thing. There was so much caramel inside that the chocolate couldn't hold.
Speaker 1: It in and just start seeping out your hand, your hand, your hand. They weren't they.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you that it's seeped through the chocolate.
Speaker 9: No, I want to go to CBS just to test this.
Speaker 7: Go ahead and understand, I'll go fish them out of the trash at home, bring them in, Tom, that's all.
Speaker 3: Right, okay.
Speaker 1: The fam went to uh and me I was. I got dragged along the candy store in Jordan over the weekend, right, the giant yellow candy store.
Speaker 5: I would love to see their books. That place must absolutely print money. You think it's got so much stuff, but the line never stops. And everybody's buying like one hundred dollars worth of candy, like nobody's going like I'll take one Snickers bar please.
Speaker 6: Everybody's got a haul and.
Speaker 1: It is a traffic hazard. It's nuts.
Speaker 9: They've actually they they reworked one.
Speaker 5: You can't turn off, yeah, turn left now you can't turn off anymore. Now you have to exit before and then take the front of row. There's no direct turn off there much safer.
Speaker 9: How do you think that candy store keeps older? Like candy that you you got as a kid or your parents got. How is that stuff still in the store? Like, who's still making.
Speaker 1: Somebody's still making it. They had for nine dollars.
Speaker 5: And ninety nine cents you could buy a cart in of candy cigarettes.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's a confectionery company that makes specifically just makes the old candis.
Speaker 9: So it is not an expiration date of nineteen four.
Speaker 6: No, it's not fifty year old candy.
Speaker 7: To be grateful, it was though, you know what I miss is And I'm gonna say this, and I know Johnny Bones is gonna know one talking about, but you guys might too. Do you remember the taste of bubblegum that came in bubble and baseball cards?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 3: Can you taste that in your mouth right now?
Speaker 1: I can.
Speaker 3: I've never been able to find that anywhere else.
Speaker 6: Chalky right of powder powder.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the taste has gone in about three seconds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it tasted like the wrapper.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and the smell of the rapper.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure it tasted good, but I love it.
Speaker 1: Well and you guys have all gone through this, you know this too.
Speaker 5: But how about taking like your kids to that candy store in Jordan when I was or when Harper was probably let's say four, right, so Bailey's like twelve at this point, and you say like, basically, have at it, go for it.
Speaker 1: Here's a here's a basket, and just go for it and fill it.
Speaker 5: And they would basically supermarket sweep it right, like just for everything they could grab. And I'm like, this is going to be three months mortgage now over the weekend.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 5: Bailey's twenty, Harper's twelve, and I'm like, no, nuts, do whatever you want. And they're like they both got like four things.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I'm like, well, man, childhood when they're just like I want that and I want this, and I want seven of those.
Speaker 3: Now it's like now it's violet, you're turning violet violet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and now it's just.
Speaker 5: Like I just I'll try a couple of things and we'll call it a day. I'm like, man, that's you guys are getting boring. You know, it's no fun anymore?
Speaker 3: Is all the different pops?
Speaker 1: I love all all the different pops.
Speaker 6: Man, they got everything. Yeah, yeah, good times.
Speaker 3: Can I give you a sports thing real quick?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 7: NFL head coaches will now be able to designate an assistant who's going to handle the task of throwing the red flag to challenge a call through insta.
Speaker 5: Replay, so additionally, right, so they both can do it. Yep, I'm surprised that it hasn't been the case in the past.
Speaker 1: It makes perfect sense. Why not?
Speaker 5: Yeah, right, as long as obviously that would be one of those like the head coach better be one hundred percent cool with your choices.
Speaker 1: But that's you just put somebody in charge of that that you trust.
Speaker 5: Yeah right, that's like every you know, all the teams that have the quote replay guy up in the booth that has to signal down and say challenge, challenge, challenge, It's the same thing, right, It's if you have a guy on the sidelines that is capable of throwing the flag, it's just maybe one less thing for the coach to worry about.
Speaker 7: Can you imagine like if if zimmer had designated one of the other coaches.
Speaker 1: Do that would have killed them by the end of the year.
Speaker 7: He would have killed them, right, Yes, I was listening to the that's in Quotes podcast. I have no memory of this, but I told a story when Zimmer had been the coach for the Vikings for four months of being at a practice this time of year, and they played this on the bets and Courtse podcast this week, and I have it was me talking. I have no memory of this of one of the first practices, and we're and and Greg Coleman is is no, I'm sorry, first pregames and Greg Coleman is interviewing coach in the locker room, and I'm with him in the locker room, and Pa walked by and good game. Zimmer slapped him on the butt as he walked by. And again I have no memory of that, tell the story and apparently Zimmer looked at him like he wanted to kill him.
Speaker 1: I told the story.
Speaker 3: That was my voice, Yeah, what.
Speaker 1: Does everybody around here? I think that's okay. Let's stop slapping asses.
Speaker 5: There's the State Fair t shirt we promised in twenty seven we'll stop slapping asses.
Speaker 7: By the way, I think it was Betser Quotes or somebody sent me a picture of a State Fair T shirt.
Speaker 1: Idea just said the fan.
Speaker 3: That we'd have to be capital D words to do that thing anyway back to you.
Speaker 5: Uh, Cornell University is banning students from from preparing wild game in communal kitchens, and the reason why they're doing that is because last year two students skinned and butchered a black bear at a communal kitchen.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd keep wild game at Grand Casino Arena.
Speaker 7: Okay, I'm sorry, wild game wild widow.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow.
Speaker 9: I like that he just lays in the weeds like it's always.
Speaker 1: It's always.
Speaker 5: You know how now we have like protein coffees right there's they're injecting protein into everything.
Speaker 1: Sure, scientists have.
Speaker 6: Now created protein lettuce.
Speaker 5: So if you want protein and vegetables together, bad timing protein lettuce, Yeah, not great timing protein lettuce roll out. Yeah, because Taylor Farms is now expanding their recall to include salsa and guacamole products.
Speaker 1: You know, we should do We should f with lettuce.
Speaker 6: More mess around with that, Pendergrey Moore.
Speaker 5: Do you guys believe in general that the youngest sibling is often the most spoiled?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 6: That was That was almost unanimous, and that was instantaneous.
Speaker 1: I am. What's crazy, though, is.
Speaker 5: Experts say that many youngest siblings don't feel spoiled at all.
Speaker 3: Of course, I think they they're spoiled.
Speaker 5: Because they don't any different, right, they don't want it to end. While some may have experienced more freedom or less strict parenting, many also report feeling underestimated, dismissed, or treated like the family baby longing into adulthood. Therapists say the label can create pressure.
Speaker 1: Some youngest siblings feel they have to be the fun, easygoing peace maker, even when they're dealing with their own stuff, so they're they're not feeling spoiled. That's me, that's right.
Speaker 3: So I go, He'll billy on it. And then I don't want peace. I want the world to burn.
Speaker 1: The researchers.
Speaker 5: Researchers also suggest that birth order is obviously only a small piece of the puzzle. It suggests it's not nearly as predictive of your adult personality as many people.
Speaker 1: My god, that's true. Where's where's sauce.
Speaker 6: In the sauce is oldest? He's first?
Speaker 1: He wait, no, Kelly, Kelly was first. Kelly.
Speaker 6: You're right, Kelly. I think Kelly was first. You're right, Kelly was.
Speaker 5: First, clearly the most spoiled Kelly Sauce and then dobve, you're right.
Speaker 1: Can we try something real quick?
Speaker 7: Corey?
Speaker 3: Calista Fleheart ended her boycott. There's a story about Anthony Edwards in The Athletic Today and there's some quotes. I want to see how she does with his quotes.
Speaker 1: Here we go m.
Speaker 11: On a recent night in Paris, Rudy Gobert was taking a video of a shimmering Eiffel Tower, one of the world's most recognizable cultural symbols, with the lights reflecting off the Sane River. A familiar Georgia drawl interrupts the tranquility. That looks like Walt Disney, the voice says, as the camera pans to Minnesota Timberwolves star Anthony Edwards.
Speaker 9: That Walt Disney. Rudy, I've seen the video, and if you know how Ant talks, he's like that on Disney. Rudy and Calista.
Speaker 1: I think she did really well.
Speaker 9: It was a very endearing video of and sort of encapsulating, like what Rudy. It was the Eiffel Tower, the actual Eiffel Tower. It was adorable.
Speaker 7: Imagine how much fun it would be to be those young people with that amount of money rolling around Paris just being kids, but being rich kids. That are superstars, How much fun, what a life? I hope it does build some chemistry because LaMelo, Yeah.
Speaker 9: Most of the team is there, which I think says a lot about the team.
Speaker 3: They're in Paris.
Speaker 5: Yep, Paris is beautiful. And the Eiffel Tower gets crapped on, and I don't mean in a d white hockey kind of a way. Right, everybody says it's overrated. I thought it was the exact opposite. I thought it was spectacular. I don't know, but like getting halfway up that thing because hartburn I did the stairs totally.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's a lot of stairs the elevator.
Speaker 5: Like, if you don't book tickets for the elevator, like a long time in advance, you ain't going up the elevator. You got to do the stairs. So you have to pay to go up the stairs. But it's freaking worth it. Yep, it's awesome. Who thinks that's overrated.
Speaker 3: Well, it's sort of.
Speaker 7: I don't mean, I can see why people would say it's like the Saint Los Arch. It's just a thing standing there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's just I think.
Speaker 5: I think that is one of the most overrated things in this country. The arches once you see it for about ten seconds, You're like, Okay, cool. And I know engineers think it's cool, architects think it's cool, but I'm like, but what am I supposed.
Speaker 1: To do with it?
Speaker 5: I'll set of looking at it. But man, getting halfway up the Eiffel Tower. Seeing the Eiffel Tower is awesome, but being halfway up and then looking out all over Paris is a spectacular view.
Speaker 1: And then see seeing it at night. Sure that adds a whole new dimension in the history.
Speaker 5: But I just I walked away going like I'm blown away being halfway up this thing. If I ever go back to Paris, I'm going to book the elevator tickets way ahead because I want to see what that looks like from the top. Because half not even halfway up, I guess that viewing deck isn't probably short of halfway right, it's got to be less than halfway and it's still sat.
Speaker 1: Viewing decks up as you go up the stairs.
Speaker 7: The first one is still was still Jilly and I got up there to that first one, and you know how you it's a great so you can see the green Sea. We had to talk to each other. We might we thought we might have to live there forever. We were both scared.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, spectacular, good news, real quick on the way out. Okay.
Speaker 7: One of the most vexing problems caused by the pandemic was the toll it was taking on mental health of young people. After years of focus on behavioral health, it appears that North Carolina high school students are doing better. They're doing something right in North Carolina for the kids who went through so much we all did during the pandemic.
Speaker 1: And so more on that.
Speaker 7: I'll read this story more, but looks like we're making some steps in the right direction mental health with the kids.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 6: Sounds good.
Speaker 5: Johnny Bones, have fun at Field of Dreams. Mars you coming in Friday. Sure got your distant cousin Adam feelin playing initials on Friday and sauce and many others.
Speaker 9: Okay, so see you Friday, all right, I'll be here.
Speaker 5: On then nine to noon is next potup returns tomorrow sauces back tomorrow five thirty to nine, See tomorrow sundaesus.
Speaker 7: These come to every day for the very best things street you two happened.
Speaker 1: I have a great day, Love you, fye everybody from the one eight hundred ask Gary traffic