Speaker 1: Money Money.
Speaker 2: Here's a little something that could help your money grow. This is the Bloomberg moneymnutte on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: Are we saying good morning to Denise Pellegrini at our Bloomberg newsroom in New York City. Here comes chat GPT Health Denise to help you and me to manage things if you will.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what they say. Open Ai is introducing chat GPT Health. It's feature that will allow users like you and me to analyze medical test results, also prepare for doctor's appointments, and seek guidance on things like your diet and your workout routine. It could connect with electronic medical records as well, also with wearable devices and wellness apps. And they say it's intended to provide useful health and fitness information but stop short of making formal diagnoses. And they're also stress it's designed to supplement, not replace the judgment of doctors.
Speaker 3: Right, And yeah, I've been a lot of news lately about suicide teens and and things like that. With chat GPT, I mean, it's a fine line there.
Speaker 4: It's horrible. And also they're trying to wall off health conversations from other parts of the app. Uh, that's an enhanced privacy feature because that's a concern as well. Sure, you know you put all your information on chat GPT. Chat GPT benefits from having all that information. That's what it does. Sucks up all this information and markets it in various forms. So it's all very interesting. I mean, some of these apps, these health apps are amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they really are, I mean, and it's all the rage for a lot of people these days. We talk about that regularly here on Tuesdays with Julieusfording. Meanwhile, driverless vehicle plans. Ford has plans for that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and Ford, which has a lot of operations in your neck of the woods, is talking about debuting technology within a couple of years that will allow drivers to take their eyes off the road, and that, when you think about it, could lead the automaker into the robotaxi business.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: Ford's Blue Cruise driver assist feature does currently allow you to take your hands off the wheel, but you got to keep those eyes on the road under the current model. The new version allows drivers to look away though. That'll debut in Ford's forthcoming thirty thousand dollars all electric small pickup truck platform. When we get that maybe in a couple of years, Okay. And our futures this morning, Denise, Yes, stock futures are lower, down futures down one seventy eight s and P futures down twelve, Nasdaq futures down sixty five. We did have a report about job creation showing, you know, not as many firings and maybe more hirings than the trend was for twenty twenty five. So that's a good solid start if you're looking at an economic indicator. But at the same time, you know, the job market's too good, the Fed might not cut interest rates, So maybe that's contributing a little bit to the negative tone with the futures today. And also that whole thing with the President Trump and the housing market and blocking large investors from buying homes, and also the whole defense constructer thing, which has defense stocks themselves higher right now because they're anticipating higher spending. But still just a lot of uncertainty about what the President might say today. From Bloomberg. I'm Tenise Pellgreny News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: Eight eleven here on the Morning Show on seven hundred WLW. We do this every single Thursday at this time we get together. You hear him on better than two hundred and seventy five stations syndicated nationwide, and we're happy that his home Nase is right here in the Buckeye State and Centinnati, Ohio. Talking about our friend Gary Sullivan. Happy New Year, my friend.
Speaker 1: Well, a happy new Year to you. Tom.
Speaker 3: How you doing doing great? I'm doing really really well. I hope your holiday went well.
Speaker 5: It went great.
Speaker 1: Do you have a lot of family time?
Speaker 3: I sure did and it was a fantastic Hope you did too, Yep, sure did. Okay, we've been talking and a lot of people talk all the time about New Year's resolutions, right, and we were talking the other day that seventy nine percent of those has to do with people getting in better physical shape.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, A lot about health right now, Yes it is.
Speaker 3: But look, there's also some New Year's resolutions you can have with your home. And as you talk about regularly, there is no bigger investment for most of us out there than what we invest in our homes, and so you want to keep them in tip top shape. Let's start with the most basic thing we need in life besides air, and that would be water.
Speaker 5: Well, that ties into the health thing. Also, Tom is you know in a lot of parts, and it's been in the news over the years, you know, a number of years back with flint Michigan and everything. How safe is our water? And I want to say upfront, some of the most safe water in the United States is right here in the Grader six set area. It's wonderful water, but it's very hard water. Lots of limestone, you know, limestone's good for racehorses and bourbon. That's so good for our home. Okay, yeah, you're right about that. Okay.
Speaker 3: We hear all the time about water softeners, right, and there are some that you salt, there are some that don't. Could you walk us through sort of the differences if you're thinking about a water softener here in twenty twenty six, yep.
Speaker 5: So there's three water quality products out there. There's salt free water softeners. You may have heard it advertise. That's very appealing to somebody that doesn't want to carry fifty pounds bags of salt down into the basement.
Speaker 1: Which I do all the time, so do I.
Speaker 5: And also there's parts of the country now that have brine restrictions in other words, that salt flushes out the system. Okay, when it collects hard water deposits, and that brine goes down into the sewerage system which goes into the waterways. And there's some people different parts of the country now.
Speaker 1: Have some brain restrictions.
Speaker 5: So that's one and I'll explain the difference between the two. And the other one is the one you and I are used to, the water softener that you put the salt in the big salt tube and away you go. Now, the whole thing what a water softener is is it takes out or eliminates hard water, that's the minerals in the water. So the salt free is not really a water softener, so it's not really taking out hard water deposits. What it's doing is the sult free softeners actually removed the They they change the molecular structure of the minerals in the water, which allows it to pass through you know, your water heater, your shower and everything. And what they've done is they've charged the hard water particles so that it does not stick on metal surfaces. The salt free or that's the salt free the salt type, it starts kind of collecting those Okay, it's not really chargingm So when you put the salt in there, it's really removing the hard ware depositives. It's really the best soft water. It's actually giving you soft water, good for your skin, good for your clothes, good for your water here, good for your showers. It's soft water. It's removing it, and then the salt flushes it out of the system. A lot of people when they get salt in a system, they're afraid that they're going to be ingesting salt.
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 5: That's going down the i'll say, sewer, septic whatever. It's kind of removing it. It allows the soap to lather better. It really is eliminating the hard water. And again that's salt free. It's just charging the particles in there. It's keeping the hard water from sticking on glass, on metal. It's just allowing that hard water to not adhere to something in your plumbing system. It's going right down the drain, but you don't get the benefits of the i'll say good for your skin, good for your clothes, your hair, Yeah, that type of thing. So that's the two main differences. Then there's a third one, and it's not a water softener, and that's a product. A lot of people get very confused. They think of a water softener is really bringing up the quality of water, and it is from a hardness standpoint. But a reverse osmosis, I don't know if you have one of those in your home or not. Those are usually a point of use, like underneath the kitchen sink or in the bathroom. And what it does is a company will come and they will test for chemicals in your water. Like I said, in the Cincinnati area, we got pretty good water. But you may be surprised. There may be maybe you're someone that doesn't want fluoride in your water. Maybe in older areas you have a lot of lead pipes. It'll test for lead. You know you're receiving good water, but then as it goes through an old plumbing system, by the time you drink it, it's not so good. So they'll test for lead, they'll test for fluoride, they'll test for chlorine chlorine. And that's what a reverse osmosis is. It goes through like three if you install one, it'll go through like three sets of filter and it'll actually filter out those different chemicals that are in your water. So that's totally different from the water softener. So there's really two that you need to pay attention to. One is the water softener that's for hardness, like over in the Milford area.
Speaker 1: Very very hard water.
Speaker 5: A lot of heating elements go out because of the hard water, and probably a lot of showers don't look so good because of the hard water. But get your water tests and just see how hard it is, and when you're there, do a test on the actual chemicals in the water, and then you can make a decision if you want to do one nune or both of them.
Speaker 3: So it sounds like, correct me if I'm wrong here, but it sounds like if you're really interested in the healthiest possible water just in one particular area, and you're talking about this reverse osmosis, that would really be the focal point. It sounds like, if I hear what you're saying, where you might clean food and all those kinds of things would be in the kitchen right right.
Speaker 5: I would say probably ninety percent of them are put right on the kitchen. Some of them have to have another spout through a granite countertop. Yeah, a lot of people don't like doing I think it was Culligan. About seven eight years ago they came up with a system where it's bluetooth. There's a switch and it literally shuts the water supply going straight up from the pipes and it sends it through the osmosis system and out the spout. Bottom line there, not to confuse anybody, is you don't have to drill through the countertop. Okay, so that, but the kitchen area is certainly tom where you want to put it, you know, And quite honestly, it's just like a breta water filtering system on steroids.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: I want to get back to something you said a minute ago about some of the stuff that would go into say the sewage and then into some waterways. Most people are on some kind of sewage system. There are some of us who are septic. You touched on that a minute. If you are someone who has a septic system, does this stuff mess that up?
Speaker 5: Well, it's so diluted, I would say no. I mean, it's not really a reason to totally walk away from the salt type water softeners.
Speaker 1: But I also want to say.
Speaker 5: It depends on how much water you actually use. And again that's why it's really good to work with somebody to do those studies. Like I was in a home depot the other day and they got a home water softener for one thousand bucks on the shelf.
Speaker 1: Install it yourself, but I.
Speaker 5: Really recommend working with a plumber or a professional where they can really give you what's best for you. I think that's what I want to give everybody a shout out is, let's do it right. Let's address all the needs. Let's address the chemicals, let's address the minerals. Let's address how much water you're using. Let's dress how long that water softener is gonna last.
Speaker 1: I've had both.
Speaker 5: In my home and the ones over the shelf, you're probably gonna get about seven years out of just by the mechanics of it, and maybe your better brands you might get fifteen twenty years out of it, right, and they're probably double the price. But I'll tell you when I switched mine out, and this has probably been about eight years ago, now I could instantly.
Speaker 1: Tell the difference. There's no doubt there was a pig difference.
Speaker 5: So really, I think the step number one is if you're always complaining that it's so hard to clean the shower, there's water deposits, there's water spots on the glasses, on the shower doors on this that get the water tested. It doesn't it doesn't cost you anything. Just let's find out what's in the water, and especially if you have you know, you were talking like or I was talking about over in the Milford area, right, very hard water. But there's also some older century type holmes. And I don't know what type of service line of water you have coming into that home.
Speaker 1: I don't know what kind of pipes you have in that home.
Speaker 5: And if there are lead pipes, and there's still plenty around, you may have some lead in those pipes, not coming from the municipality, but coming from your own realm exactly. So let's find out what's in the water. It doesn't mean everybody has to have one. We were talking about New Year's resolution and healthy water. There it is. Let's find out what's in the water. Let's do that, you know, Let's find out what's in the water and take some action.
Speaker 1: If it's bad news, it's great stuff.
Speaker 3: Gary, you are the best my friend. Again, Happy New Year, and thank you for your expertise. This is great stuff.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Tom.
Speaker 5: Look forward to next week.
Speaker 3: Okay, Buddy Gary Sullivan. You can hear them on fifty five KRC Saturday and Sundays from nine until noon, and syndicated nationally on nearly three hundred radio stations across America. Alright, let's check the roadways, Chuck. What's happening out there, sir? Things are getting better. All delay times have dropped under the ten minute mark. This from the UC Health Traffic Center u see Health Weight Loss Center off for sergical and medico obcitcaren expertise called five one three nine three nine two two sixty three. That's nine three nine twenty two sixty three southbound seventy one, just under the ten minute delay mark. The break lights are continuing between Pfeifer and Red Bank, with a broken down at the Reagan Highway on the shoulder. Northbound seventy five is the other one that's just under the ten minute delay mark. Between Erlanger and downtown in Bend, seventy four still slows just a bit above Montana southbound seventy five, heaviest through Lachlan. Chuck Ingram News Radio seven hundred WLW y WCPO nine First Warning fore Cast presented by our friend Jennifer ketch mark. A little bit chilly out there, but not four long overcast guys. Today we're up to sixty two degrees if you can believe that, there's a chance for a very spotty shower roughly between two and four o'clock this afternoon, but don't get uptight about it. Tonight spotty showers again, low down to fifty five. Tomorrow, those showers will hang around in the morning and then stop by right around lunchtime, and then we'll stay dry the rest of the day and sixty five degrees if you can believe that tomorrow overnight. Tomorrow night is when the most amount of rain should come in widespread rain across the Try State. Are load Tomorrow night fifty and then the showers again will be around into Saturday morning, but again stopping and a dry afternoon.
Speaker 1: We're up to fifty two degrees.
Speaker 3: But then Saturday night, my oh my, do things change, and I mean change in a hurry. Are high on Sunday is going to be thirty four degrees and Jennifer said that with the wind chill, it will feel like it's in the twenties when you get out of bed on Sunday morning. Coming up in about fifteen minutes. Hey Michelle, to tell you what's going on in and around town this weekend.
Speaker 1: This is seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Money money, money smell that fresh money news is being served. This is the Bloomberg money bet on seven hundred wlw.
Speaker 6: This is a Bloomberg money minute. Shoppers are rushing to spend store credits and gift cards at Sacks Fifth Avenue, as a retailer is said to be heading toward a potential bankruptcy restructuring. When a company files for Chapter eleven, it's not automatically required to honor gift cards. SAX says customers can shop, earn, and redeem benefits as usual. Turning to trading, President Trump's plan to request an increase in the military budget is giving a fresh boost to defense stocks. However, futures are heading for a lower open pulled down by tech shares, and Ford is planning a new driver assist feature that will allow folks to take their eyes off the road. Ford's Blue cruid Stem currently allows drivers to take their hands off the wheel, but requires them to focus on the road. The new version that allows drivers to look away, will debut first on Ford's forthcoming thirty thousand dollars all electric small pickup truck platform. Expect to see this feature in twenty twenty eight, for it is still determining how to price it. According to Donaho Bloomberg Radio, the.
Speaker 7: SINC ninety convention Center and at a lot of thirty people are out there skating, so this is your time to take advantage of open skate time. And it's a fun little area, So go check that out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was amazed how cool that area look just driving by it for the first time not too long ago. And if you're wondering, that goes Monday through Wednesday three to eight pm, then nine to ten Thursdays and Fridays, and nine to eight on Sundays. And that's going through the middle of February. And then what is this chip cook off? For crying out long?
Speaker 7: I know, speaking my language, I made chilly everly weekend. I should have like intered it should A family market does this every year three to five on Saturday. It's free to attend ten dollars to enter your chili and then everyone can go around and sample it all. And family is just a fun place to go with the family. Anyway, there's something for everyone to nibble on and enjoy. So that's a good family absent right now.
Speaker 3: That sounds like a lot of fun and Saturday it should be by the time that gets going from three to five pm on Saturday. We were talking about the weather earlier. There might be some rain early Saturday morning, but it should stop right around lunchtime, so that should be about perfect. Okay, now we got the date night, always a big night.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, So Trey Kennedy is at the Task Saturday eighties comedian actor singer bent around for a little bit, funny guy. Everybody need is a little laughter, and I feel like this is the weekend of tribute. I don't know whether all the real well some of these people are around anymore, but you know, really.
Speaker 3: Well, well, there's a debate about Elvis. There is debate, that's true.
Speaker 7: There's a debate on this one Elvis. It's the tribute, not him, but this at the Aaron Off. I went to this last year because I have a son who is a humongous Elvis fan, and it was very fun and a lot of the women there did think it was really him. I'll tell you that airon off Saturday at seven thirty, and they have four of these impersonators who hit every era of Elvis and it is really really impressive.
Speaker 1: So it's nice.
Speaker 3: It's like a concert by Elvis impersonators, right, it is, yes, and.
Speaker 7: They really get into it and the women run up to that stage like at him. My son looked at me and said, they know it's not really him. Right, It's pretty funny and we can jump to the I have other tribute bands also as well, nailed out at the same time. We've got ten which is the Pearl Jam band. They play at Boguarts Friday at seven. And then the Four Horsemen, which is a Metallica tribute band, and they are with the Pretender which is the soop Fier band and they are playing Saturday Boguards at seven.
Speaker 1: That sounds fun, that's the right.
Speaker 7: And then there's the World of Oddity's Expo. I've not heard of this one, but they, in their own words say, we're weird and bizarre are the norm. Uh. There's burlesqued performers, tattoo artists, taxi ernie speakers and more at the Sharonville Convention Center. That's Saturday eleven to seven. There's also the Beatles Candlelight Tribute. These keep going on and they're so popular and fun. But there's a string court tet playing all Beatles music. And this is at Memorial Hall.
Speaker 3: At eight thirty on Saturday A lot you have you ever been to that or this the first year they've done it.
Speaker 8: I've been.
Speaker 7: I've been a couple of times, and I would go again. It really isn't like the one that it's it's it's really pretty. It's just a really cool atmosphere. It's a great date situation. But check them out because they do these to all kinds of music. Tailors Swift to the Beatles, to whoever, and so find your favorite music and I would go see it if you've never done it.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, that sounds fun. Okay, now we get too. If you're going out with a group of friends, single not single, doesn't matter there. There's a lot happening every weekend for those in that category.
Speaker 7: Exactly so for the guys I'm assuming for the most part on this one is a tri state fishing and outdoor show. It's getting ready for your hunting season with over four vendors selling all your needs for that. And that is Saturday nine to six and setday nine to four at the Lawrenceburg Event Center. And then I was looking for something to kind of talk about the brew tours. There's so many of these brew and food tours. I say, explore your city. You know, we think we bligh our whole lives and we know what's going on. Every time I do these tours, I learn something new, for sure. So this brew tour that starts on Filey Market and it hits the road exploring the evolutions of brewing industry in our area, which is such a big thing. And then you ended a tap room somewhere drinking some pints with your new friends in the group, I'm sure. And they'se always Saturday at three, So you can go to Filly Market, find that brew tour sign and just google around. They have all different tours for those brew tours. Really fun.
Speaker 3: So is this the kind of thing where when I hear tour, you know, I'm thinking I'm walking around with a bunch of people and you have somebody leading the tour and kind of walking you through the different things in the history of the industry.
Speaker 1: That kind of thing.
Speaker 7: Yes, And they're usually small groups. But I tell you, I have two of my neighbors in my building who are the tour guides for the food tours, and I've done it with them and it's they don't just talk about the beer. They're talking about the buildings in OTR and downtown a hole. You learn so much. You can answer them questions and they feel like they know everything. It's really great. I love it.
Speaker 3: That sounds really cool because there is so much history to so many of those buildings down there. And yeah, that sounds awesome. I'm gonna say this speed thing, speed dating thing for last tell me about Bingo Loco.
Speaker 7: Okay, we have Bingo Loco and this is I did this last year at Bogarts and this is hilarious. It's a huge It's some of music, you know. I say, this is the big girls and I'm out. This is five thirty on Saturday. They do. They have like the glow sticks. They play music. You're trying to figure it out, but it's every era. So everybody's kind of cheating because I was asking the young girls at the end of our table. They're playing EDM music. I don't know singing this they went, but they're looking at us for other music. It was kind of funny because everybody's kind of teaming up to try to figure it out. But they do a lot of giveaways and then they do these little dance parties in between each one, and it is a it's a definitely a funny night for sure.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 7: Also, there's also the after glow. We didn't talk about that, the after glow at the zoo.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, please tell me about that.
Speaker 7: Yeah. So the last adult night event after glow, which is you can explore. They still have the lights up so you can explore all of that, you know, child free, so there's specialty cocktails, snacks, and these interactive photo areas and the animals will be out. So this is a you know, no kids around enjoying. It's eighteen and up from that one. So God is a good one.
Speaker 3: I love that Right now, I want to get to this other one because this is something I don't know anything about. I don't know if I ever would want to know anything about it, but I do find it interesting now. I find this kind of stuff really interesting. I bring this up because, you know, there are a lot of people these days who are single, and you know, look, they may not be looking for the love of their life, but they certainly would like to be able to spend some time with someone in a dating environment. Someone maybe they can have some shared common sort of things with. Right, And so this speed dating and matchmaking event. Talk about the event, and I want to ask you what you know about this kind of thing in general?
Speaker 7: Okay, Well I don't know much about this because my age cutoff is a little couple of years younger than me. Okay, so yeah, So they do these all around town, these singles events, And this one is for ages twenty six through forty five, and it's at the gather All, which is the Norwood Factory fifty two food hall. And this is tonight. It's to eight. But you you know, you match up. I think they said you get four or five five minute dates.
Speaker 1: All right, So let me stop for a second.
Speaker 3: So from what you know about and I understand you said you may not know a lot about this one in particular, Yeah, but generally on this kind of thing, would this be the kind of thing where you fill something out ahead of time, so then when you get there, is that the way it works?
Speaker 7: I believe, So you kind of find some commonalities and I think you match up. This is my thought on this, and then you go have five minute conversations I think it's five minutes or something like that to try to get to know each other and then and then at the end you're all there. So I guess if you felt the connection or you kind of like someone, maybe that's the time you go over and then talk a little longer.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I mean, i'd say, really good idea.
Speaker 1: I do too.
Speaker 7: I mean, they need one for one that's a little more than forty five about other single people out there. But I think it is a good idea because some people are just not comfortable. The dating apps are terrible, are they really? And so they're oh, Tom, I can send you some pictures I did for my friends and I it's more of an entertaining you to send each other hilarious pictures of.
Speaker 3: People that well, I mean, you know, I bring I bring that up because for example, now, like my father in law, Okay, my in laws were married for thirty something years, right, and they split up, and then Polly and I, my wife and I went out to Arizona to see my father in law. Were sitting there at dinner and he starts asking us about these different apps and dating websites, which he had signed up for. He's a seventy year old man, but he's really fit and he looks good and you know, he's with it and all these kinds of things.
Speaker 1: And I'm sitting there going you have got to be kidding me.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, it's it's interesting and entertaining, but very rarely, is it. Okay, yeah, okay, but some of my friends have luck. It's just it's it's you know, it's a match. And I would love to start a business in helpskuy take pictures for the websites as well. It is that they don't realize they're capturing a whole bathroom in the background and it looks terrible and it's funny. Yeah, well I was in Greece in Italy. Those guys know how to take some pictures.
Speaker 3: I'm sure they do. And we'll save that for another topic sometimes. Yeah, Michelle, thanks as always for your time. It's great having you back. Happy New Year, and I'll look forward to catching up with you again next week.
Speaker 1: Have a great weekend, all right you two. Tom all right, thank you.
Speaker 3: Let's check the roadways one more time and see how things are going.
Speaker 8: Chuck, Yes, sir from the UC Health Tramphing Center. You see health Weight Loss Center offer surgical and medical Obcity Caaren expertise called five on three nine three nine two two sixty three. That's nine three nine two two six three. Roadways are getting better. One exception, new accident that's on Cold Ring at the eastbound two seventy five ramp. Southbound seventy five delayed. I'm right about the five minute mark. Everything else you'll just need an extra minute or two, like northbound seventy five, Buttermilk to Dixie and in Bend seventy four approaching seventy five. Chuck Ingram News Radio seven hundred waw.
Speaker 3: YWCPO nine First Warning Forecast present of our buddy Jennifer catch Marks. Gonna be a nice day today. Yeah, it'll be overcasting. Yes, there's a very slight chance of a shower sometime between two and four o'clock today, nothing major at all. We are getting up to sixty two degrees tonight again, some spotty showers, low of only fifty five tomorrow. The showers will stop once we get through some of the early morning hours. It'll be overcast the rest of the day. Sixty five degrees are high tomorrow. Then tomorrow night widespread rain arrives and that will continue into Saturday morning. Our low Friday night is fifty, so if you're going out, it'll be you know, pretty good temperature wise. It just might rain, and then Saturday morning the showers will stop again. It'll be dry. In the afternoon, we're up to about fifty two degrees. But then, my, oh my, do things change quickly because Saturday night a cold front comes rolling through the tri State and we are looking at a high after being fifty eight sixty sixty five, we are looking at a high on Sunday in the thirties with wind chills in the twenties. Mercy, we always remind you, if it's in your heart, go find a shelter pet today, a dog or a cat. Give them a second chance, and you know what, they might give you a second chance, lots more love, lots more health, lots more happiness in your home.
Speaker 1: By bringing one home.
Speaker 3: We'll see you tomorrow, eight fifty five on seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati,