Speaker 1: Ca fan, welcome some great shows to target Field this year. Tim mcgrawby there in a couple weeks on August twenty third, my chemical romance on August twenty fourth, all the details.
Speaker 2: Of cafe and dot comqure calendar.
Speaker 3: Then, I know, I feel like I'm seeing you forever.
Speaker 4: I really do.
Speaker 5: Isn't it weird like that? I guess it was what almost a week I was with you guys last Monday?
Speaker 4: No, I was, No, you took Monday off, So I don't think we've seen you since the previous Thursday.
Speaker 2: It has been that long, and that's why it feels so long, it does. I do miss you, guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, you're my friend.
Speaker 4: I know well, and you had a big week because you were gone, because you were driving your daughter, well, even though she flew, but you were driving your boys to Auburn to say goodbye Tonames.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, to say it like that, that makes it even worse. You know, I choose to like I'm moving. We moved her into college. It wasn't driving down just to say.
Speaker 4: Goodbye, temporary goodbye, good morning Justin guard by the way, to Justin Ben Ben Justin him?
Speaker 2: What's that dude?
Speaker 4: His head phone.
Speaker 6: He's probably been to Auburn. Have the Gophers played there? No, have not. We played Auburn in a bowl game.
Speaker 4: That's right there you go. It was fun the Outpack Bowl. All right. So let's start with the drive, right, You and the two boys drove down Ames and Abby flew down.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 6: I'm glad I have tissues for this, by the way, I was just gonna ask for some and I'm an emotional wreck because of Ver's Instagram.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I try.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna try not to get emotional myself. So it's so we rented a car. We shipped her car down because she's gonna need a car just for like her Equestria and stuff and stuff like that. If crossed her fingers, she makes the team because that that that facility is a few miles off campus, so it's as easier for her to have a car as opposed to like bumming a ride every day. So we shipped her car down and then we rented a car, and then we just packed that sucker full of just all of her stuff. And so the boys and I drove down. And WIT's fifteen, so he kind of needs some hours behind the wheel.
Speaker 2: So I'm like Oh, this is great. We have like an eighteen hour drive.
Speaker 5: You can get a bunch of it, and it's a pretty much a straight shot, you know, once we get on some of the interstates. And so Monday night, right after Twin Cities Live, we they packed the car when I was at work, and then we left at like six five, you know, five forty five, six o'clock and we made it all the way down to Mount Pleasant, Iowa, which is you know, five ish hours, and Wit drove three hours of it, so sweet. I sat in the passenger seat just chilling, you know that it was. I told myself when he was driving that I shouldn't sleep right just because for sure, you know. Yeah, So it was relaxing. And then we stopped there on Monday, and then we had you know, thirteen hours on Tuesday, and we got down there about eight fifteen at night.
Speaker 4: Can I ask a question, Yeah, why go five and thirteen? Why not go like nine to nine?
Speaker 3: Late start?
Speaker 5: This is a late start, you know, getting on the road at six o'clock. And I was, you know, trying to be aware of I knew that because if we go, you know, if we if we drove till three in the morning, you know.
Speaker 4: I didn't.
Speaker 5: I didn't realize like we could probably make it all the way to Saint Louis, the outskirts of Saint Louis. But then we check into a hotel or what am I going to do at you know, three or four in the morning. Then we do sleep for three hours and get up and you know, or five hours and then driving, so.
Speaker 4: Like high five Nelly and get the hell out of time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: So I'm like, it's not an old morning, Lewis, you know, for the sake of the boys not being wrecked and and myself not being wrecked, I'm like, let's just do this.
Speaker 2: And we did it all, most of it on Tuesday.
Speaker 5: Anyway, We get down there and then Ames had an early movement on Wednesday morning at like nine am, so we basically just get up go to her place. Her two roommates were there as well with her her parents, and so it was just kind of a chaotic Wednesday of moving in and doing all the things. And then Thursday day morning, we walked campus because I'd never been down there, walked campus, went to her like her building where her black a lot of her classes are going to be walked in the football stadium, which was sweet. Went to the baseball STADIU, which is awesome because it's like right there, it's like right behind the football stadium. Everything's on campus, which is really really cool. And then it was we had to get on the road back to Atlanta to catch the flight at one thirty. And so that period of like going back to the hotel, gathering our.
Speaker 2: Stuff like that was rough.
Speaker 5: Like that was real rough, you know, because you're in the chaos of just the move and you just walk around campus and just enjoying every moment. And then there was a point where I was packing my stuff up and we were walking to the elevator and I just started getting emotional. Then, you know, I was walking down the hallway, just had my head down. I don't think anybody even knew that I was like starting to get teary eyed. And we get in the elevator and thankfully one of the boys asked me a question or something. Abby asked me a question, and it kind of snapped me out of it. But then once we got to the car, put my bags in the car, and like that walk back from the car to where they were standing because it was raining out, so they were just kind of under this under this little awning thing, and I just like it was over, like that's wraps, it was over. I was a hot mess, you know. Hugging her goodbye was tough. And the boys said, and I got in the car and you know, it was an hour and a half to Atlanta, and I don't think we spoke in the car for about forty five minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's it.
Speaker 5: But it's been great, man. She's she was down there for Sorority Rush, and you know, we're in contact with her. I mean we're talking to me. We talked to her several times a day, you know. So it's it doesn't feel like super super real right now, but it's still difficult, you know, walking through a bedroom or past her bedroom and knowing that she's not going to be in there.
Speaker 2: It's it's tough, man.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I wish we could play forever young right now.
Speaker 2: No, Yeah, it's not, let's not.
Speaker 7: You know what's crazy though, dude, it's like I cry all the time about everything, like you know, television commercials. Yeah, it's even more I'm sure meaningful to your daughter and your family to see you break down like that because that's not something you normally do.
Speaker 3: Mass so good on you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I mean it's of course.
Speaker 5: I mean I think that there's there's times that I think all of us guys and the way we're kind are raised, like you just hold your emotions back.
Speaker 2: But I definitely think that.
Speaker 5: I mean, I certainly more sentimental as I've gotten older, I'm definitely more comfortable about doing, you know, like just letting my emotions out. So I mean, listen, my kids have seen me pissed off.
Speaker 2: Sure, you know, they have seen me rage, they have seen me redline.
Speaker 5: So you know, I think it's okay for them to see the opposite of that. And yeah, I had no, I had no problems you know, doing that in front of the kids and you know, allowing them to understand that feelings are real and let it out.
Speaker 4: Yeah wow, man, cool, Well, good for her.
Speaker 7: You remember Corey, when I was doing the Christmas speech and you guys used to make fun of me, and and do you remember that one line in the one Christmas speech that where I said, uh, the only thing running down the hallway some Christmas morning is going to be the memories of your little ones.
Speaker 3: M I knew you guys would pay you sons of bitches over and over.
Speaker 7: But that's the danger of being the old guy on the show is I'm out there in front of everybody doing it first.
Speaker 3: But man, it's it's the worst.
Speaker 7: Than the best thing in the world, right, yeah, the best thing in the world, Kerzy, how far off are you?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 4: Like six years? Yeah, got a sixth grader coming on.
Speaker 3: Corey's been through it once.
Speaker 4: That's crazy to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 6: My goal by then is to look as good in the college polo that my kid goes to as Lieber looked in that baby blue Auburn.
Speaker 4: Like that was just mad. That's actually what made me sadder.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 4: I'm liber looks good. And that bleeping blue shirt. How does he look good?
Speaker 5: You should have seen the undershirt and it was so swaltering sticky there and just like.
Speaker 4: Hey, so you were sweating through that shirt? Zach. Zach just texted me how do I crop out Leeber's family? He doesn't need your help. I've been.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I'm sure I did at one point. Had you been to Auburn on campus before?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 7: No, is it as great as I think it is? Did you see the trees and all that jazz.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I gotta say the drive was long on Tuesday. But I'm gonna sucker for all this stuff too. I'm gonna I'm just a sucker for you know, landscape and you know all of that stuff.
Speaker 2: So I looked forward to the drive.
Speaker 4: I tell you what.
Speaker 5: Once we got into let's just call it Tennessee. From Tennessee all the way through the southern part of Alabama.
Speaker 2: God, it's gorgeous.
Speaker 4: Oh really is it is.
Speaker 5: I know people are probably gonna get really mad about this, but I think it's prettier than northern Minnesota. It's prettier than driving the Northern minnesot which, which I mean I just wanted for context like that means a lot, because I think the drive in northern Minnesota is very pretty. But you know, down there, they just seem like they have more space and all of the divided highways, you know, it's the it's the highways where there's a grove of trees between. It's almost like there's a forest between the oncoming traffic. So it's just it's just a two lane highway, interstate and you're just going one direction and there are just trees everywhere, everywhere. So I just really got a kick out of I mean it was probably eight hours of just like gorgeous trees and drive.
Speaker 7: And it's really thick right now too because the humidity and stuff too right to I mean, it's just green as hell.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I learned through this whole process that I think Alabama and I don't know the exact number, it's something like it's top five states for most forest land or something like that, hanging a banner, I know, so you don't realize how kind of rural and country it is. And there's just trees everywhere. It's a it's a gorgeous area, but it's it is hot, it is it is sticky, and it is gross, and that's kind of weird. I didn't realize, you know, you think of Florida has like they have the daily kind of rainstorm that runs through that whole area of the country is the same way. It's like every day expect some sort of like quick shower and then it stops, but then that's just sticky.
Speaker 4: You are correct. Alabama is fifth for forest cover by state. Wow, at seventy point five seven percent. What states is eight? Number one eighty nine point four to six percent.
Speaker 5: Forest, Alaska, Oregon, Washington Road.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I could call no, Idaho, no.
Speaker 3: West Virginia.
Speaker 4: Somebody just I think somebody just said it Main Main. Yeah, there you go, because you got to think it's got to be a relatively small state rights and then it's got to be small and then mostly covered. And that's exactly what it is. Main's number one New Hampshire to West Virginia. Three Vermont for Alabama. Five there you go. Minnesota is so you know, wait on the list, we're thirty four point zero eight percent.
Speaker 2: So we got all them lags.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, ming good time for trees, No.
Speaker 7: Way, Ben, Yeah, can you imagine twos at all?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: No, I mean, of course, you know, I follow their football team on social media now, and so yeah, they're they're posting, you know, some guys in the cold tub and stuff like that, talking like trying to get away from the heat and all that.
Speaker 2: I'm like, man, I can't I can imagine.
Speaker 3: I mean, cold tub's still ninety degrees.
Speaker 2: I know, it's like barely the ice in the cold tub.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 5: I just all of those guys in the South, they have to adjust their practices. I think they're doing like early early, early morning practices before it gets super super hot, or like late at night. But like my buddy who played with the Dolphins back in the day, he said, he's like, we have to practice, we'd be on the field. I think it's seven thirty in the morning, just to avoid the heat.
Speaker 4: Thanks, all right, hang on a second before we move on from this. Now, I'm fascinated by forrest coverage. Also to help, what's dead last? One point seventy two percent of the state is covered by forests.
Speaker 2: Nevada.
Speaker 4: Nevada is fifteen point eighty nine percent dead last. Arizona Arizona, Nope, that's twenty five percent. New Mexico Nope.
Speaker 2: That's a good goal.
Speaker 4: It's not any of those huh nope. Texas Nope.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's big state.
Speaker 4: How many have we named, like forty three states?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Rhode Island Nope. There's a reason I'm bringing it up. Wisconsin, No, that was good to be my thought too, obviously, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Iowa, Kansas, South Dakosta, South Dakota three point nine three percent, North Dakota one point seven two percent. North Dakota has the least forest coverage in the United States. Does that makes sense? One, Yeah, if you've driven through it is nothing but telephone poles, right, don't they say that that's a tree, and a tree in North Dakota counts as a telephone pole. There's nothing there really one point seven to two percent forest coverage. And it's not a super small state, right, Like, I mean, it's got some land, no trees none.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's that that's a hard drive.
Speaker 5: I thought that, you know, Nebraska driving, driving across Nebraska is rough, but I.
Speaker 4: Think Nebraska's second to last by the way, three point two percent, is it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Nebraska might be worse than because at least, at least in the western part of both South Dakota and North Dakota, you have some of the you know, you have the bad lands, and you have like the geography changes by Nebraska's awful. It's nothing but just flat, flat, flat the whole way.
Speaker 6: Hey, I feel like we're on the birdcade right now talking about Ohio's voliage.
Speaker 4: I need sauce for here. I need sauce for that one. What foliage gurdy?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: We play Mississippi State.
Speaker 4: There, Mississippi State, Yeah, back to back there?
Speaker 3: Do we go home?
Speaker 6: Here?
Speaker 4: We go there next year? Oh good, Yeah, that would be fun. We go there next year. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I know nothing about that college, but that'd be fun. City Oxford.
Speaker 4: That's Starkfield, veg Vegas family's from, is it really Yeah? What a Mississippi? Oh yeah, Well do.
Speaker 6: You want to come on the trip because Darryl Thompson has family like fifteen minutes from there, and we basically want to spend the entire week there. Yeah, we locked it all down in Chicago, Big ten media days.
Speaker 4: You're probably related. Let's go on.
Speaker 5: So I don't know where he is in the depth chart, but you know, Steve Hutchinson's son is a tight end for Mississippi State?
Speaker 4: Is that right? Do not know that he is? He as nice as Steve?
Speaker 2: I don't imagine.
Speaker 5: So I've met him only a couple of times, but you know, he was a he was a shy teenager when I.
Speaker 4: Tall kid though, Ye, he had massive neck.
Speaker 5: I believe that he he was under recruited because he was sort of a late bloomer, Like I don't think he really grew into it.
Speaker 2: He's like a sophomore junior.
Speaker 4: But if you had to guess, now, how big is Steve Hutchinson's kid.
Speaker 5: Let's go, let's go six foot three, two hundred and fifty pounds.
Speaker 3: That's a huge bitch, oh man.
Speaker 2: Anyway, it's good to see you guys.
Speaker 4: Good for you. Bet it's tough.
Speaker 7: Happened for you, and I'm I hope it goes just swimmingly for her. I hope she's living it up right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hope so too.
Speaker 4: Yeah. There's only a handful of times in life where the excitement for somebody and the devastation is simultaneously the same amount, right where, because otherwise you're if it's a death, you're devastated, You're not excited for any you know what I'm saying, Like, there's very few times where this is a true overlap of I'm so proud of her, so excited, but you're gutting me at the exact same town. You know.
Speaker 5: I feel like we used we use the ratio or the percentage of eighty a lot. I feel like this is one of the situations where eighty percent, I'm so excited and happy and you know, proud of her and all that stuff, but then the twenty percent was just.
Speaker 4: Like devastating, got wrenchy.
Speaker 2: It's like just rip your soul out twenty percent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, crazy, Yeah, that's.
Speaker 5: But you know what's crazy about this too, is like because of our phones and because of media. I mean, there's not really a reason why we should ever feel that disconnected. I mean, think about back in the day when we didn't have some of this stuff Like that's that was even worse.
Speaker 4: I was. I went weeks without talking to my parents during college. Right now, that seems so foreign to me, Like now I call my dad twice a day, but in college, it was like, why would I reach out to my dad in college?
Speaker 2: Phone?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Exactly?
Speaker 3: Don't you have something to be doing?
Speaker 4: No? Not yet?
Speaker 2: Yeah, why aren't you call me on a Friday?
Speaker 3: Friends?
Speaker 4: Man? Yeah? Okay, that's that's Low's classic line, get some hose He just walks around Chicago City, goes to the bait store, right and tell us everybody before you go on the boat all day, go get some hosts, boats and hosts, boasts and hose.
Speaker 6: Man, let's cory up to probably getting host probably getting host all right, told them.
Speaker 4: Normally sasta sports, what one of us will walk us through that in a second, and then more with Ben Lieber and then yes.
Speaker 7: Don't forget Saint Paul Saints. Tomorrow's the Field Dream game and then dream. We didn't do the news, but that was that was our top story. Was been heading on down south. But don't forget Field of Dreams game tomorrow for your Saint Paul Saints. They'll be back at hs Field on the twenty fifth of August A.
Speaker 4: LOUA Goose will be here in a second, Adre Martin, Little b Halverson's already here at Gerdsey's here we play initials at eight fifteen quarter Final number eight. Only two spots for guaranteed semi finalists still remaining today and then Friday more the Power To Morning Show after this sem time give you know mission change? John Lesson, Hey.
Speaker 3: It's Chris Hockey The Power Trip Morning Show.
Speaker 4: It's a big old exclusive interviews and more.
Speaker 1: Get closer to the shows and personalities that you love, powered by Quantum Fiber Internet.
Speaker 7: I know that, Honey, Thanks, Thanks sactly So Gersey's here and Ben is here. We got a cast of thousands coming in as well. Who else playing the day a game?
Speaker 4: Lou Ragoose Li'll be and Andre Martin and a couple of them should be here in a second. Yeh been, Zach's obviously already hear so quarterfinal number eight at eight fifteen, and a caller gets a shot at one hundred and twenty one, five hundred dollars. Now, Ben, you, I believe you. You got three right? You're in this wildcard mess wild card. We don't know what we're doing because the maximum spots is six and we already have seven. So by definition, somebody's getting cut. Maybe multiple people are getting cut. We have no idea what we're going to do. In T shirt con theoretics, calm down, sounds like that was last week at Auburn. Anyway, it's that Yeah, So we have to quickly brainstorm and figure out how we're going to do this because there's too many people. We don't know what we're gonna do. Any ideas since you're in that mix's fair?
Speaker 6: Maybe ask Gabbott. I know he loves to participate and loves the game. Yes, and by the way, we probably have some good ideas if Chad is listening.
Speaker 4: Initials as at a fifteen and we will do a Vegas construction update sometime during vikings, Yes, so we will hit all this. Is there a construction constantly yeah, we'll give you an update.
Speaker 5: I feel like leg wrestling might be a part of it. Wrestling okay, Yeah, that's good social content, it really is. Yeah, Zach, you can get a lot of different angles.
Speaker 6: Now Zach is aiming for three today, Yes, and that three is just gonna lay out like seeing a lot of ideas.
Speaker 4: People say the wheel spin, just like we do for the golf, but wheel spin is in play playing games. I don't know. I think play more.
Speaker 6: I think do like multiple playing games one on one and the winner advances to the next tournament. Make a new bracket so you could do every single day. At eight fifteen, I.
Speaker 2: Would love the Initials Invitational Invitational.
Speaker 4: Yes, you get invited to the invite in the tase sception.
Speaker 6: Have it going to Viking season two, you know, like Monday, like first week Vikings packers.
Speaker 4: On a Monday, right, yeah, which is on a Monday. Right. Well, we don't need to talk about it for three and a half hours. We can take forty minute break and the play into the play in. It's brilliant. At eight o'clock we'll do a Vegas construction update. Then eight to fifteen, then we play Initials. They got two and a half hours of Vikings sock before that. That's plenty stamp it. Let's do it a nice balance.
Speaker 7: Need's time for a fan five on the Power Trip, brought you by our friends at Circa Casino.
Speaker 4: Speaking of Vegas, Yeah, baby, sure did you hear we're going? I did hear your going only for five days though? Yeah? Just the eighteenth through the twenty thirty.
Speaker 6: Sure, it seems a little light for the twenty fifth, but I'm happy for you guys.
Speaker 4: But again, it's something that all three shows besides the Powership Trip, should shoot for. Is it twenty five years straight? Is a big deal. We're celebrating it and you've earned it. You guys will get there, I think, and maybe you guys go on a trip in Vegas seems likely for us. Yeah, it seems like the right Democrats, the two of us. We'll just head out to.
Speaker 2: Be the best man. You'll make it a road trip.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like, what is it twenty ish to Vegas? Something like construction?
Speaker 3: I'm ridding the bus there?
Speaker 4: Fair didn't like it? Hey, Ben? Uh? The Vikings start their preseason Saturday, right, there's a weird way to get to Vikings football because we are going to do Vikings news in the next segment anyway, when everybody else shows up. But let me ask you a question, and this can be a short answer because it's an immediate follow up question. Does preseason football matter?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: It does? Okay, then here's part B. If it does matter, there's a very small sample size. Have you seen that in Arizona? Because what Carson Beck did last week? Already they're saying should he art over the newly signed Jacoby Brissett one year? What fifteen twenty million whatever it was? And Gardner Minshew, there's already people are going, well, if the preseason matters, the kid light it up. Let's put Carson back as the starter, not Jacoby Brissett or Gardner Minshew. Your thoughts on Cardinals quarterback controversy on the fan, Well, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, if we're going off just the Hall of Fame game.
Speaker 4: I guess he looked good. I didn't see a second.
Speaker 2: He did it really good. I didn't watch most of it.
Speaker 5: I mean I saw most of the highlights and stuff like that, but he did seem like he operated the offense seamlessly and kind of on time.
Speaker 2: He looked he looked great.
Speaker 5: But I think we all know that it's playing like third stringers, and I know that he has third string offense that he's operating with as well. But I think it's a little easier in that in that situation to shine and look good. I don't want to totally discredit his performance, but you know, to say that he's going to overtake the incumbent and the guy that held out and the guy that played really well last year, and he has a lot more experience, I think pumped the brakes.
Speaker 4: All right, So then how about Saturday game number one for the Vikings. Does KOs need to announce anything before Saturday or what do we need to see on Saturday out of Kyler or JJDA No, No.
Speaker 5: I still think that I still think that he's got he has time. I put the timeline still at you know, probably the end of the second preseason game, going in that third preseason game, I think we'll probably hear an announcement. So that's kind of what I'm thinking, to give these guys a lot of time to operate, you know, for a full half in each of the games. You know, because especially after last night's practice, Kyler didn't look like he feels one hundred percent comfortable yet in this offense, and things didn't seem to be coming easy. The processing part of it didn't seem to be easy. A lot of things seemed clunky. So even in a practice setting, I think he's not He's not running away from this competition. So I think they want to see these guys on how they handle a very small game plan. Pull everything back a little bit, just get back to the basics, and say, Okay, we're not going to overload you with a whole bunch of offensive formations and a whole bunch of plays. Let's just see what it looks like. Just go out there and play football. And if that passes the eye test and looks really good, that I think that's something to build on. And that's really for both of them.
Speaker 4: All right, random football question for the two rooms. Did anybody see the photos of the Bills stadium over the weekend go viral? Yeah, because problems will look like Because I this is the state of social media in twenty twenty six. When I first started seeing those photos, I'm like, oh, this is just somebody trolling with AI. This can't be real. It's a brand new, bazillion dollars stadium. There's no way. The obstructive view is like all over the place in the upper deck. And then it turns out, no, that's legit. Everybody was like, this stadium is designed terribly and it was getting ripped like crazy. That's always fun. You roll out a new stadium and it's universally hated. The strains are too small, the views are terrible. What's going on in Buffalo.
Speaker 2: I don't see how that happens. It's ridiculous.
Speaker 4: It's almost impossible, almost impossible. That's why I thought it was ai. I'm like, I'm getting controlled. This isn't real. Those screens are like people were comparing it to Kris those Gazebo TV, people who don't even know who that is.
Speaker 6: You know, in a.
Speaker 5: World where it seems like every stadium in a world every stadium, every stadium is going gigantic with their their screens. I mean to the point where I mean, you have, well, the Cowboys teams are twenty years old. Now, I mean, that's that's crazy. That's wild. That's a that's a wild At the time, that was a wild sized screen. Even now it's like, that's that's craziness. But that's where everybody was going, and then the Bills build this billion dollar stadium and they have obstructive views in a lot of places, and you don't even spend the money on it.
Speaker 4: They got like Roku TVs from Walmart and just threw them up there and said check out the game here. And again, I just can't even believe the obstructive view seats. People were seeing so many shots of Look at my view, I can only see like two thirds of the field. What is going on in Buffalo?
Speaker 6: Isn't the problems with the roof too, like keeping the I think it was raining, like keeping the rain out. They have like some kind of roof that apparently was not doing its job either.
Speaker 4: Is the goal? That's the best drop right now on the station.
Speaker 6: I love that way, besides whatever Molly Ringwald about to come up with.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the best. Ben.
Speaker 3: Do you remember the last time we were in Buffalo for a game?
Speaker 2: Yeah, comeback game.
Speaker 7: What a cool old stadium that was. It felt like a giant high school football stadium. For them to place it with this monstrosity is really something, isn't it.
Speaker 2: I know?
Speaker 5: I know, I mean, if there was ever a time to use AI, don't you think the architects probably could have tapped into some sort of AI program and said, let's let's make sure that we have everything, all the details done. Do we have any obstructive views? Do we have anything engineering wise?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 2: I feel like this is where AI should really really work.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And what I don't get is if you if you want to remodel your living room, you can go to like a furniture store and they have a program that can give you a virtual tour of your hypothetical living room. How does nobody take a tour of this and go every view in the upper deck sucks? Ass like that. We can't do this. I can't build it, but they didn't. Is there anything better? Can go in? Too? Furniture stores and they have free cookies. Is it's just me? That's just you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And double trees, double trees. You can't good call.
Speaker 3: You can't think.
Speaker 4: I have a pretty basic life. I'm looking for free cookies at furniture stores. Hi, Andre Martin, good morning, How are you?
Speaker 9: Good morning?
Speaker 4: How's it going good? How about you? You like cookies at furniture stores? Sure?
Speaker 9: I mean I like cookies, and I do like furniture stores. I just don't know if I've ever experienced getting a cookie.
Speaker 4: At a furniture store. Oh you haven't, that's the wrong places.
Speaker 7: Rogers. They got some good sure good cookies tkies. Yeah, yeah, by their all time for lunch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know when they come out of the oven.
Speaker 3: They're like that poor guy comes in here for cooking cell time.
Speaker 4: I wonder how many people they have turned away, say like, you've been in your sixty times, you've never bought anything. You're just here for the cookies.
Speaker 3: You come in here, you lay in our bed cookies.
Speaker 4: Wonder.
Speaker 2: Oh well, all right, yeah, all.
Speaker 4: Right, let's take a break. Let's get on on on path here. Lou Ragose should be here in a second. Aud is already here, Gerdsey's already here. The goose is on his way. Yeah, little Bee should be here shortly at eight to fifteen. Will play initials one five hundred dollars potentially after grabs as well. The guy on Friday got one letter was kind of close sounding on the second thought, we had a chance for a split secondy one two fifty. Maybe somebody wins a ton of money today. Powered your morning. Joe back after this on the fan, Oh, out of all of us, look at you. It's working.
Speaker 2: Look at you, Lou, are in the game, man.
Speaker 4: Good to see you, dude. Yeah, how are you good to be here? After?
Speaker 8: You know, listening to all the prior rounds here, I'm ready to go showed up.
Speaker 7: He's wearing the same thing he's wearing last Thursday when I saw him down.
Speaker 3: A trading cap.
Speaker 4: That's probably not far off.
Speaker 7: That's actually very Yeah, and look at you, Lou you're the best looks good man.
Speaker 4: If you want the job, you get addressed for the job.
Speaker 3: What job is that?
Speaker 2: It is initials champion?
Speaker 4: You did hear Friday's game? Correct? Because it might be rick fields versus the field. I don't know if anybody's gonna be able to beat him.
Speaker 8: Everyone needs to be worried about getting out of this first round and then it's go after Rick time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's going to be a handful. He's a problem, but you guys can worry about that later. Gersey is the only person who has ever won not named daj Monsieur. Right, so Gersey has been to the top of the mountain. He's he's going to be tough to beat as well. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 8: I listened back on a lot of those I listened to the last few tournaments, and so I've put.
Speaker 6: In the reps at the top of the mountain. It's a long time ago. Yeah, I think I played once since then, since I won the tournament. Yeah, unlike, like that's why you guys were all in off of Rick. I'm like, Rick clearly plays every single day. It's not that impressive. He should be boat racing everybody. He plays every day at every bar, with every version at.
Speaker 4: Initials game dot com. He should get seven.
Speaker 6: I shouldn't have gotten any of my car ahead of Rick, and I did so anyway, a few.
Speaker 4: Matches as well, So.
Speaker 3: That's pretty good man. Yeah, he's good.
Speaker 1: I guess I'm going for a tie of a record. I guess I've won three in a row, and if I win today, that's four in a row and that ties AJ and S.
Speaker 4: Nobody's ever won. Gonna happen.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of quick brains in here.
Speaker 4: I do think it's another even matchup, though, I do think all five can win, and that's always fun when it's pretty even.
Speaker 7: Before we do all that, though, while we have been here, can I get some Vikings news and real quickly?
Speaker 8: Mind, it's time for Vikings news on The Power Trip presented by.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 3: I listened to the podcast with you and.
Speaker 7: That was yeah, and I heard you, uh last night as I was driving home talking about uh, who you like to call Chuck d Yeah, and you you tempered expectations a little bit, but that said, how great does this kid look? And how much fun is he to just observe becoming a pro in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Man, He's so much fun.
Speaker 5: Yeah, He's really fun to watch because he brings the attitude that you want.
Speaker 2: You know, he's just like fun loving.
Speaker 5: You know, you're hearing Josh Mittelis talk about him like that's he just bounces around with this this exuberance. He he has a lot of like little sayings that he has for everybody. And he's I don't know, he's he is like a he's a really refreshing personality and then he goes out there and kind of backs it up. I think, you know, watching watching his college film and then watching him at practice, it is it's really nice to see how everything is translated.
Speaker 2: We know that he's a freak of all freaks physically.
Speaker 5: I believe that he.
Speaker 2: Tested in the top was a tenth tenth in the.
Speaker 5: Relative athletics score out of like two thousand some defensive backs you know, in the in the in the last you know, several years. Anyway, he's got he's freakish explosiveness. He's a very patient, very patient player, which I think is very rare for a rookie, because you know, a lot of rookies just feel like your your hair's on fire, you're drinking out of the fire hose, you're doing all those all those things, and and you just feel like you're your head's on a swivel, trying to figure everything out and trying to see everything.
Speaker 2: And I think because he relies.
Speaker 5: On his athletic abilities so much, he's very patient with his footwork. He doesn't get a you know, over a skis at all. You know, he doesn't seem st when he's out there. He can just make plays and rely on that quickness, that short, airy quickness to break up plays. He he looks like a savvy vet already, which is really crazy to see. I don't think that he's going to crack the starting lineup by any means, but it's nice to see that we've we've got a guy, We've got a dude, right now that he keeps going like this, he's he's gonna make.
Speaker 2: A lot of plays for us.
Speaker 4: All right, speaking of not cracking the starting lineup, And maybe this is why I haven't heard of him at all. But uh ngourage, you've probably seen this guy play a bunch. I don't know much you watch him, but we'll see tackle tackle. Caleb Tiernan, the third rounder out of Northwestern or his meat saw says north Western. Yeah, I haven't heard one thing about this kid now. Again, maybe it's because we have Brian o'nealan and Christian Darisa, so it's like he's not a factor, but he's a third rounder. My guess is they think highly of him for the future. Do you know anything about Tiernan yet? Through a handful of days, you know, I wish I did. I don't, And that's that's kind of par for the course. I mean, outside Donovan Jackson last year, I mean, nobody really watched the offensive line, and.
Speaker 2: We have so many other storylines to watch.
Speaker 5: I think most of their crowd last night was probably watching what the quarterbacks are doing at all times, even in some of the fundamental stuff. You know, I do like to watch the pass rushers, and you know, the offensive defensive lineman go at each other that's on one side of the field and the offenses on the other side of the field doing stuff. I bet you there's only a few eyeballs watching those guys. You Know who I was actually really impressed with, since we're talking about those guys, is the vandermart guy that we picked up. He's a Vet, but he plays left tackle. He is sort of like a spitting image of Brian O'Neil. He's big, tall, you know, six foot six, six foot seven, yes, exactly, very light on his feet, very athletic. He held down that left tackle spot with Darasol taking a break last night, and I was like, really, I was like, okay, all right, if Drisol goes down or you know, one of these guys, one of our tackles goes down, like I feel like we can trusts this guy, know because he's a Vet, but he this He looks very smooth out there and long arms.
Speaker 2: He's a big je.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I got kind of excited about him from.
Speaker 7: A from a backup perspective, speaking of big dudes. I didn't think it was possible. Eric Wilson looks bigger. He's the most studley person I've ever seen in my life. Yeah, what are your thoughts on Caleb Banks so far?
Speaker 2: You know, he took a break last night as well.
Speaker 5: But from everything that I've heard from like everybody that's at these practices, like he's he's the real deal, he's the real deal, he's healthy, he fits this scheme. I don't think that right now, there's there's nothing negative or concerning about his his development. So all all positive, all great things, great personality. Guys love him, staff loves him. So yeah, seems like right now like a home run pick.
Speaker 7: You guys spoke about somebody I brought up to these guys last week on your podcast, which is.
Speaker 5: Called Oh down the Horn. I thought you're going, yeah, yeah the horn? Yes, Sorry, wasn't falling along, Gavin Bartholomew. Yeah, So he's he's a tight end. He was hurt last year because of a back injury, and he's another one of these like big, big, physical, imposing guys six foot five, two d and fifty five pers and they're very excited what he can do. He's certainly pushing for that number three spot at the tight end area. They apparently he's he is catching everything great catch radius, soft hands, and then they're like, man, for a guy that's six foot five, he can bend, he's got he's got some softness to his lower body, he's got some swivel to him. So they're very excited about him as a pass catcher. And again, just add another weapon to this offense. I don't know where they going to put all these guys because Miles Price apparently is killing it as well.
Speaker 2: Nobody's talking about Miles Price.
Speaker 5: A lot of talk about ty Felton, which they should because he's made a lot of plays, but they said one of the more guardable guys in the passing situation the pass game is Miles Price, Like he is getting separation every time he's on the field. And so you add that short, quick underneath guy, that dynamic. You got ty Felton running down the field with his vertical speed, along with Addison and JJ and Juwan. I mean, there's only one football. It seems like we got a lot of offensive weapons right now.
Speaker 3: Who's gonna toss it to him?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: I think everybody.
Speaker 5: I mean, as of last night, if you're just watching just the competition last night in a vacuum, you would say McCarthy won the whole battle. He had some he said, had some low spots I think in the second half of practice, but then he picked it up again. A great throw in the two minute drill down the right sideline, another great throw to the left side line, and then kind of sputtered out from there.
Speaker 2: They couldn't punch the ball in the end zone.
Speaker 5: But he was the most consistent player making I think the toughest and tightest throws. Last night, Kyler made a couple throws, made a couple of plays.
Speaker 2: I should say.
Speaker 5: He had a great touchdown strike to Addison in one of the team periods, but that was like a that wasn't even like a progression read. It was like, okay, Addison's on the backside of this formation. He ran a skinny, little slant post. He was clearly the number one read. He threw it in there touchdown, and then he scrambled for a rushing touchdown later on. That was about it. Everything else seemed clunky for Kyler. It just doesn't seem like a smooth operation for him yet. If it's an immediate read, yes he can make the throw. If he's going to run through a progression, especially against his defense right now. It just seems very hesitant and very like a reactionary thrower right now, which is not a great suit.
Speaker 3: Are you concerned?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, I mean we're at a point in practice. I mean he's still half in the reps, so I understand that, and we're going against what I think is a top five defense. I mean, they looked fantastic last night, so I want to give him a little bit of grace, both he and JJ. But yeah, I am a little concerned just from the prom assessing speed for both of these guys.
Speaker 4: Well damn all right. That was Viking's News, presented by Radco. Radco also brings you Vegas construction updates and according to AI, twenty eight of the forty two stories have been finished for the hard Rock Hotel. So for Lou and Audren guarazing everybody listening, Yeah, twenty eight of the forty two apparently done. The target still remains opening in twenty twenty seven, the hard Rock Target they probably will probably, And it says the A's Ballpark is right on pace. Steel stud framing and roof trust preparations are moving swiftly and still on pace.
Speaker 3: Potarget business.
Speaker 4: I was trying to frame work. Still looking at a twenty twenty eight opening. So everything's on pace, same architect as the bills used, right, I believe. So, yes, they get the nice there's your Vegas construction update, Lou. You don't seem like a Vegas guy. I don't mean that in a mean way. I've only been a couple of times. Yeah, we got to change that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're going to get you out there and make some mistakes.
Speaker 4: But od Vegas. Yes, no, yes, okay, Yeah, welcome aboard, Lou.
Speaker 7: We're gonna take you out there and you're gonna have to do a documentary about yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: How I was going to get what we have vanished in Venetia. Could have just done Vegas.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, he went at yeah right right, Audre. I didn't realize you were a sideline reported for the Tennessee Titans.
Speaker 4: Back in the day.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: Who was there when you were doing that? Who was was it? Are we talking what this quarterbacks name?
Speaker 3: Helped me out there? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Well my first year is Locker.
Speaker 2: Yeah wow.
Speaker 9: And then they drafted Marcus Mariota. I was there, so that was cool. That was a good time. But yeah, that was like the Ken Wizon hunt Era the good chunk of it. Yeah, so I'm trying to think that would have been my first year, would have been twenty twelve. I think I was.
Speaker 4: Gonna say, that's dangerous to guess it, Like, were you on the sidelines for Warren Moons? That's never good the guests my first year was Marriota.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what happened?
Speaker 4: I wonder what Jake Locker is doing now because he's selling houses.
Speaker 9: He was just kind of relaxing from Washington, right. For some reason, somebody said that, you know, he has a lot of land out there, has some animals, just kind of relaxing. That was the last I heard.
Speaker 2: That's an early retirement man. Yeah, he was in the league very long.
Speaker 4: According to AI first round pick. Take that for what it's worth. He lives in Washington, where he co owns a local fitness center and focuses on his family. The Locker Room, Oh genius, is that right? Is that the actual name?
Speaker 3: I don't know, say it's really good.
Speaker 4: Yep, that's exactly what it's called. He the Locker Room Fitness center in Ferndale, Washington, along with a former NFL punter, Michael Conan. Canaan you know that who that has been k O E N E n. However he pronounced that. It's literally called the locker room fitness center.
Speaker 3: Well done.
Speaker 4: You have to Yeah, you kind of have to do. You kind of have to.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 6: Do you think he did like a weekly segment on kJ R there radio station, called the locker room, like every his whole life has been the locker room.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good for him. I think he made He was supposed to be like the next big thing, right that. The ceiling for Jake Locker was through the roof. It was supposed to be really hot.
Speaker 9: He ran into some tough injuries, and then we had Charlie Whitehurst.
Speaker 3: Remember your name, Jesse Jack.
Speaker 4: Menburger Mettenburger, Yeah you guy, right, yep?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Wow man, Holy NFL players come and go, don't they? Holy? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm pretty sure that was the Ponder draft Jake Locker, that's right.
Speaker 4: Twenty eleven. Yeah, first round pick. He made a lot of money. It looks like you just had the one deal though, right, four years, twelve point five million with the Titans. Seven point six I named enough for one locker room. I can't franchise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna be better.
Speaker 8: Be successful if they're drafting high enough to get Mariota a couple of years later.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we're not good.
Speaker 5: Now they got a new stadium too, Let's see if they maybe hopefully they didn't use the bills architect man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I still can't believe it.
Speaker 7: Ben, Yeah, do you have any idea, any feeling, any idea? I know, probably not this week get the Giants. But how much do you think the quarterbacks will play in these preseason games?
Speaker 5: I don't know, but I hope a lot. Yeah, I got to be honest. I mean I don't think there's what do you have to lose? Really, I mean, you don't have a lot of money invested in Kyler. I would like to see them go out there with a not a huge game or a playbook, but maybe more than other years, Like give them a little something to chew on. And I know that they're not gonna have probably not gonna have Darris out there. Probably there's gonna be a handful of starters that aren't going to be playing.
Speaker 2: But I want to see what these guys do.
Speaker 5: I would love to see they each get a half in each one of these first two preseason games and then you know, especially the joint practices that are going to happen next week. I mean that's going to be huge. So how they perform and basically those three preseason games, I think that's that's what I'd like to see.
Speaker 2: But I don't know.
Speaker 4: I said this a week ago, and I get my words don't have magical abilities. This is not manifesting. And I'm just saying, watch us go like months and months and months and months talking about these two fighting and how much time they should get in preseason games and snaps at practice and who's QB one? And he watch one of them get hurt and then the debate's just over.
Speaker 7: Well, I'll tell you what the debate is going to be after the game on Saturday, is, uh, why isn't Carson wins the quarterback because you know he's going to get a bunch of play in this preseason some of these games.
Speaker 5: Anyway, I don't know, man, you don't think so really again, like going with my guns or what am I? I guess my hopes you don't have a gut. I don't know if Carson gets a lot of reps. I don't even know if he got much many reps.
Speaker 4: Last night, So until the battle is at least settled, right, Yeah, I think they just want to win this battle well Kyler Kyler, I think.
Speaker 5: Every I think that's why it's slanted towards Kyler because you want to see what he looks like. You we've seen what JJ can look like. Now, whether it's fair unfair to move on from it, but you you have this dynamic quarterback that did a lot of special things in Arizona. Don't you want to see what it looks like, at least for us. So, like I think we all understand that it's going to be Kyler's job. It's just how much confidence do we have against the Packers with him as a starting quarterback based on how he plays in the preseason. I mean, if you asked me from last night, not a ton. I mean, didn't play that well. But he still has some time to figure it out. And like I said, you're you're running into a buzzsaw, especially early in camp going against this defense, and every and every team is going through the same thing. Defense always always has the advantage early in camp, so it's no surprise that some of these quarterbacks struggle.
Speaker 7: Then if you have your number, potentially number one quarterback playing a lot in the preseason Game one. By definition, do you have a lot of your starting offense playing in game one?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 5: I think you still have to be strategic about who you play out there. I mean, I would not imagine that Jefferson is going to play at all.
Speaker 7: Sure, but the offensive line, you I mean, you don't want them out there with a makeshift offensive line.
Speaker 2: No, you really you don't, You really don't.
Speaker 5: But that's why I feel pretty I feel pretty good about a lot of our backups. And you're not going to see You're not going to see Brian Burns. You're not going to see You're not going to see this rock star defensive front. I think for the Giants, you know, maybe for a series or two, because you know, they have a new new coaching staff. They want to break in some guys as well. They want to see what they what they've got. They got to set a tempo and all that stuff with their new coaching staff. So you might see a little bit of that, but you're not going to get the giants best you know, front seven, which is really good, So it'll be kind of bad.
Speaker 2: Ups on backups, got it all right?
Speaker 4: Ben? You out of here. Yeah, I'm out of here a right. Good to see you guys.
Speaker 2: Good luck to you guys, and see you on Thursday. Yeah, see you guys are right.
Speaker 4: See you Thursday, Ben Leber three to four thirty every day on Twin Cities Live with our friend Elizabeth Reese. Oh more The Power Trip Morning to including initials in fifteen minutes with Lou Ragose, Audrey Martin will be Justin guard and zach Elberson. More of the Power Trip after this on the fan from the one eight hundred ASK Gary Traffic Center. This report is sponsored by Audible.
Speaker 3: Good Morning traffic is tight on the Laffia Freeway North