Speaker 1: And now an exclusive interview with David Bassey for Dodger Talk. It's the home opener in our nation's capital. We're joined right now by Dodger right fielder Kyle Tucker, who was electrified this morning by my presence in the clubhouse. Thanks a lot for the time, appreciated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Hey, you never got this in Houston or Chicago.
Speaker 2: Tucker.
Speaker 3: Ah, yeah, you're You're definitely one of the kind, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: All Right. So you got through your first home stand, You're now embarking on your first road trip with the Dodgers. Do you feel like you're starting to settle in a little bit with the with the team.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's been fun start off. You know, it's good record so far. Hopefully I can get some more hits and contributes more more wins. But yeah, good starts this season. We got a lot more games, so excited to get the road trip start off here tonight or today and hopefully we can start off sean and keep it going.
Speaker 1: Look, I know, I know the hits have not been where you want it to be, but you've made a difference in games to help the team win with your defense. How much does that help ease any sort of anxiousness you may have about wanting to really get it going with the bat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just trying to do my part and helping us win.
Speaker 3: I'm sure to keep trying to do that's the best I can and do it on both sides of the ball. So hopefully just trying to put together go at bats and get some good pitches to hit and drove some rerens in you.
Speaker 1: You might not think this about me, but I do have deep thoughts at times. So I was just wondering with the spring training that all of you guys had where they try to limit the at bats and manage the load in spring, do you feel like that's had any residual effect coming into the season.
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: No, I mean we had everyone's a little different, but I think we had a decent amount of time and at bats and stuff's good.
Speaker 2: Get ready.
Speaker 3: So you know this is big lags and you face some good pitching and good teams. So you just got to go out there and keep doing your best and keep grinding every single day.
Speaker 1: Kyle Tucker is our guest in front of first pitch between the Dodgers and Nationals, So your first road trip with the team. You got to fly that fancy players only playing there. So do you feel like these type of times and road trips really bring a team together, especially some of the new guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's sience.
Speaker 3: I mean you can have a lot more time together just because you're kind of a white furn families unless they, you know, came on the road trip with you, but you know the flight, it's definitely can have a lot more time to get to know each other and or just like play some cards or games or whatnot on the on the trip, especially coming out here a couple of hours, so got plenty of plenty of that end. But it's good. I mean we can so go grab lunches or dinners or whatnot over the road trip, so it's it's kind of a good time to get to know each other and buy a little bit more.
Speaker 2: So it's been good.
Speaker 1: You seem like a postmate sky, like you're just gonna stay in your room and have the food delivered to you or do you venture out? Do I have you wrong?
Speaker 3: That's pretty accurate. I mean it depends. It was long fly. We got at like seven am or something, so I slept most of the day and then just woke up and ordered some food, so kind of took my time to hit some face times and whatnot yesterday.
Speaker 2: So Suet's Night brings.
Speaker 1: What is Kyle Tucker like about Nationals Park? What don't you like about Nationals Park?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think today will be pretty cool.
Speaker 3: So, I mean, it's they're opening day today, so they got opening ceremony and everything for them, So especially doing it here in the nation'schapital is it is kind of cool to see and you know, be a part of. So hopefully we can ruin it for them today with a win. So we'll see how that goes.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm calling my shot right now. I stolen base for Kyle Tucker today.
Speaker 2: I'll take it. I mean, as I'm getting on bass.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, don't worry Tucker. It's certainly it's only the first five games, six games. Don't worry Tucker. Let the season breathe a little bit. I'm not jumping to any emotional conclusions.
Speaker 2: No, we got, we got. We got a lot of games left to get there.
Speaker 1: So I'm all right, Well, thanks a lot for the time, really appreciate it and look forward to doing this maybe in August again.
Speaker 2: Yep, sure sounds good. Oh hey, all.
Speaker 1: Right, everybody heard that. Whenever I need all right, Tucker, thank you, We'll see you in Toronto.
Speaker 2: Thank you, appreciate it.