Speaker 1: This is the Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tope Sheldon Roundtable Show Look from Lonecks, presented by Postman Law. Brought to you in part by Honda East and Onto East Power Equipment Dealer Skyline Chile feeling good. It's Skyline time. R and L Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider, your tri state Chevy Dealers, Chevrolet the number one selling brand in Cincinnati for the past nine years. Chevrolet Together, Let's drive Postman Law Injured call eight four four Postman Others Promise, Postman Delivers and by Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tope Sheldon five one three five one three, t oph On seven hundred WLW the home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we go our number two unfolding from Long Next Lance pc Allister, Rocky Boyman. We take it till eight tonight. The West Miller Show will follow it that point. Let's talk some UC football, squeeze in some basketball as well. Next up the Liberty Bowl versus Navy in Memphis on Friday, January second. For more on that and all things U see athletics is welcome in from Bearcat Journal dot com. Chad Barndel, how are you.
Speaker 3: Well, I missed the mark. I'm letting my dogs out by I think thirty seconds.
Speaker 2: Oh oh mess ouch.
Speaker 3: It was not raining when I walked in, because I was coming home from filling in from O and I waited thirty seconds and I went to let them out, and it's now pouring down rain here and independence talking. So the dogs took one step outside, turned around, looked at me and said, no, thank you, sir.
Speaker 4: Sorry.
Speaker 2: Yes, let's start with as much as we've talked about departures in the portal, let's talk about the news of significance today, the retention of three offensive linemen who are going to run it back and good news for the Bearcats. Detail who's returning and how significant that is.
Speaker 3: Well, it's probably going to be the entire left side of your line. You're gonna have Joe Cotton, who was one of the highest ranked transfers in the portal, had a very good first year at Cincinnati. He's coming back. Evan Tengestahl, who has in many regards, been named in All American second third team All American for his first season as a starter at left guard, and then Taran TiO, who played right guard this year. My anticipation is that Tyo will move to center next year. So left guard, left tackle, and center coming back for next year. That certainly raises your floor. If you're looking at you, what is this team? What is the next iteration of Scott Saderfield football look like? At Cincinnati? Having those three guys back, boy, you can you can sell a portal quarterback on that big time. Hey, you're going to be protected. You can sell running backs in the portal on it. You can sell running back that you have on your roster that you'd like to keep. Hey, you know we've got the line coming back. So it's a big first step in stabilizing the roster for twenty twenty six.
Speaker 4: Speaking of quarterback, the Bearcats couldn't find a measly four million dollars apparently to keep bring swersby. So that means, I guess Lichtenberg and more are the options. Who do you think starts this bowl game? And then what do you think happens? Are either of those two guys or more in the mix for next season?
Speaker 3: Well, Brady Lichtenberg actually his freshman year at UC was nineteen eighty four.
Speaker 4: He's been there a little while.
Speaker 3: Yes, so this is this is it for Lickti. It's last his last who rah. I do anticipate that he will start in the bowl game.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Sam Oz Jones is a red shirt freshman. He will play at some point in time in Memphis on on the third or on the second, excuse me, and then I think he will he'll be around to compete for the job. They're gonna They've got Brooks Goodman coming in as a freshman who they really like a lot, but true freshman, You're gonna have to hit the portal for one starting level quarterback, and you might have to hit the portal for potentially a backup guy just to get that room back up to size, because that's you know, you need four five quarterbacks in that room, and right now it's gonna be Sam Oz Jones and a freshman. So gonna have to uh to bulk up that room in the portal for sure. And by the way, Rock four million is a very low ball number on what Brandon story is going to get. I've heard five north of five at times.
Speaker 4: Wowa a quarterback.
Speaker 2: I realize Navy doesn't exactly sling it around the field. I think they average fourteen passes a game, but that the current status of the UC secondary appears rather sparse, does it not.
Speaker 3: I think Hegan is suiting up tomorrow as tasty. It's going to be ugly, but I'm gonna be there, you know, at eleven o'clock to watch. Yeah, they're they're gonna be relying, and honestly, I don't hate it because you're gonna need a lot of these freshmen and red shirt freshmen to show growth. And you're gonna at least through these bull practices. And even though Navy doesn't throw the ball a toime, they throw it more than a standard triple option team this year. Usually triple option teams will throw four times, yeah, in a game, and they throw fourteen. So I mean, break out the air raid. But you're gonna need to see what you've got in some of these guys and to see if you can throw them in there, put their feet to the fire and see if they can hold their own. Because you know, if we're at that point right, a lot of people are worried. We haven't seen anything from the high school guys. It's a developmental program. You don't see a lot of freshmen and red shirt freshmen on the field. But now these guys are getting into the second third year in the program, You're gonna need to find out what you got. If the guys that you know really the only one I think they really would have liked to keep with Christian Harrison. I'm sure they would have been okay if Teakwan Sanks would have stayed around. But I don't think they were going to overpay at that spot because you already have Antoine Pete there. So let's find out what we got. Let's see throw these guys' feet to the fire and see how they hold up against you know, a Navy team that's gonna be physical, get down in the box, make some tackles. Boys.
Speaker 2: Gotta ask you a basketball question. Gisel James has clearly been through a lot. He had a nice moment last night. I was happy for him last night. He was smiling last night. What give me a big picture observation of this situation and what do you make of it?
Speaker 3: Is it what I would have done bringing him back this early from the situation he went through. No, probably not. Is it what I would have done if I had a multi million dollar a year job on the line and had my leading scorer from a year ago at practice, but not on the floor for games. Yeah. Probably, And that's not to excuse Wes Miller. That's just reality of the situation. There's not a whole lot of multimillion dollars a year jobs out there. If you've got one of them, I imagine you're you're gonna do whatever you can to try to keep it. That's where kind of this falls for me. He thought gizl could help them, and there's other things. Obviously. You could see his teammates are really happy to have Jizzle back yesterday, laughing, smiling on the bench, having a good time, enjoying him coming back and playing well. The injuries are mounting up. Like, I get some of the stuff that WEX talked about in the post game, but for me, let's be honest here, they need wins. They were six and four yeah, times running out and there is no next year if they don't get this thing figured out. So putting Jil James back on the floor, I get it from a coaching standpoint. Just want to make sure it ends up being the right thing by the kid. Yes, and at least the early returns are good, good like.
Speaker 2: Going on a portal, the Bowl game, basketball. You are all over at Bearcat Journal dot com. Give listeners a taste of things they will find.
Speaker 3: Everything. A tracker who's going in the portal, a tracker of of who they are potentially looking at coming.
Speaker 1: Out of the portal.
Speaker 3: We're tracking coaching changes and staff changes on the football side. We're tracking who's available and who's not for each individual basketball game. At this point is there is a lot going on and the Bearcat Journal team has you covered for all things Bearcats and what has been as busy in November and December as I can ever remember. Sands a coaching change.
Speaker 2: No better time to turn to Bearcat Journal dot com. And that's why we love having you on.
Speaker 3: Thank you, sir, appreciate you guys. You all have a great Christmas. I don't know what the plan is for next week, but let me know.
Speaker 2: We will let you know. Thanks sir. There you go, Chad Brendle