Speaker 1: Mac. I just thought of this new segment. I'm going to give you two different things, and I'm going to ask you which of the two would you rather have happened?
Speaker 2: WHOA? All right, I've never heard of this.
Speaker 1: I call this a Which of these two things? Would you rather have happened?
Speaker 2: All right? That's catchy?
Speaker 1: Should I shorten it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I like that? Okay, I like that? Yeah, okay. So would you rather be stuck in traffic but you're in the lane that is moving the fastest, or you are moving slightly faster on the highway but you can advance because all lanes of traffic are moving at the same speed. I'm moving either way you're moving, But in the one where all the cars are moving at the same speed, you're moving slightly faster.
Speaker 2: I mean I neither. It doesn't those one. That's not even a good one. Why it's a good one? A good one would be.
Speaker 1: Don't fuck with my Would you ad okay doing this?
Speaker 2: Would you rather take back right? Wait?
Speaker 1: Did you just think of this?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Would you rather take back roads but you're moving constantly and you'll get there five minutes later? Or would you rather sit in traffic on the highway bumper to bumper?
Speaker 1: Which what am I getting there faster?
Speaker 2: With the bumper to bumper?
Speaker 1: The bumper to bumper?
Speaker 2: Then no, wrong, I'd rather keep moving. I'd rather be constantly moving.
Speaker 1: Are there traffic lights occasionally? Then no, I don't want traffic lights.
Speaker 2: You'd rather just actual traffic.
Speaker 1: I hate traffic lights. But if you're getting there faster, who cares?
Speaker 2: But you myfer traffic?
Speaker 1: Mine is a better? Would you rather? I do? Great? Would you rathers?
Speaker 2: No? You're oh for one?
Speaker 1: And to answer my own, would you rather? I would like to think I'm gonna go when the one where there's traffic, but I'm in the lane that's moving the fastest, because then I think in my mind that I'm getting there quicker than these other idiots. Yeah. Oh for one comment down below? Who had a better? Would you rather slash? Who created? Would you rather Mack or go?
Speaker 2: One? Good? Three?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Jump King of Queen Mall Street entertaining go and I'm Matt and we are the Mac and Goo program. Would you rather X Men.
Speaker 2: Ninety seven season one or X Men ninety seven.
Speaker 1: Season that's too easy of an answer. Would you rather X Men ninety seven or x Men Evolution, that show that came out on wb Kids in the odds.
Speaker 2: The show that you and I didn't watch.
Speaker 1: I watched a smidge of it. I didn't watch a ton. Did you watch Wolverine and The X Men that came out around that same time. No, I did not one of those shows. I think X Men Evolution is when X twenty three was first put on a screen. Slash might have been created in that show.
Speaker 2: Folks, we are talking X Men ninety seven season de season du season two, and I'll tell you what goo, this was my most dissipated television show since seven season two. I suppose like on that level. That's how excited I was. This at Disney Plus on July first. It just finished up on August twelfth, and I honestly don't remember if I gave season one forty dogs. It was in contention for it.
Speaker 1: You did not, because you and I had the argument. I was telling you that I was on the right side of history, and You're like, I go to wait to see you season two before I give it forty.
Speaker 2: I think, I yeah, I want to say I probably gave it like thirty eight something like that. So I was expecting this season to be a notch of buzz.
Speaker 1: So you were looking for a step.
Speaker 2: Up, a step up, and the first four episodes, I said, they're done.
Speaker 1: It might get there. They're done it, We're on pace.
Speaker 2: The final five were disjointed. I enjoyed them. I loved the season, but I don't think that this is as good as season one.
Speaker 1: So let me jump back a couple seconds. When I said that it's not a competition between season one and season two, that's not true. This is a good season of television. I do love the season of televis. Yeah, thank you. I think the issue that this season is gonna have in my mind, maybe in the minds of other viewers, is that it's being compared to season one.
Speaker 2: Well, it's being compared to season one. You have the whole what five seasons of the nineties television show, and it also has now an actual tie into the live action MCU because of all the multiversal stuff, Whereas when season one came out, we were not sure what really, is it.
Speaker 1: Gonna tie just into the animated universe that they've already created. We saw Spider Man, we saw Captain America, or is it gonna tiptoe itself into the movie stuff. Will it show? I don't know someone like Kang, some of the eternal gods that we have seen in the past. I I've really enjoyed this show and this season, and I feel like its highs are as good as season one, but there might be more lulls.
Speaker 2: I think that the first four episodes was the best thing they've done in the two seasons. But because the second half of season two is just like, we gotta do this, we gotta do that, and then we got to get back to here.
Speaker 1: Here's a weird thing.
Speaker 2: Thought didn't it wasn't the best.
Speaker 1: They do something that I really didn't want. I don't love what they do, but how they get there at the end, I say to myself, that's not bad.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, yeah, I'm pretty sure I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Gou x Men ninety seven Season two is a TV fourteen action epic, adventure epic, just a regular epic, a political drama, a sci fi epic, a soap opera, and a superhero.
Speaker 1: It is super soap opery. I'm so happy that they have soap opera on here. This is as close to a soap opera as you can possibly do with animation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean the two things here and this is I think why we all really love The X Men is it does get a bit soap properly, but the political drama that's in here, the deep seated issues that are really underneath the cartoon show are pretty fucking good and relatable.
Speaker 1: But also the constant theme of love and like the meaning of life to like, there's a lot of that in there as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's it's dealing with pretty heavy stuff. Season two total nine episodes for two hundred and sixty nine minutes, gou essentially thirty minutes an episode. Our nine episodes spanned twenty eight to thirty three minutes, so they were all in that same group. There was no extra long or extra short on Roddy Tea's Goo. Season two ninety seven percent from the critics, seventy nine percent from the audience. Compared that to season one that had ninety nine percent from the critics and ninety one percent from the audience. So the audience is preferring season one over season two. Critics about the same and to that on metacritics Season one eighty two, season two and ninety. So actually the critics are reviewing season two a little more highly. That's interesting. I wonder if the first four episodes carry that. I wonder if they're just more open to it. I will say I liked season one more, but I think they're in the same tier. I don't think season one is much better or even really a step above. I just think it's in the same tier season two, just maybe a smidge lower.
Speaker 1: Did season one get weirder because they did the whole clone thing? They did the Goblin Queen.
Speaker 2: So the Goblin Queen and you know, Nathan and Rachel and the Mothersconi, that whole stuff, it was weirder. You also are dealing with bashin, you know, like I felt like season one was more streamlined.
Speaker 1: I don't know, because this season, while there were different timelines of where the X Men were to start the season, it was right in your face, like there was no mystery to it. You knew where they were and it wasn't confusing.
Speaker 2: No, that's true, it's just where we left off at the end of episode four. We never get back to that high.
Speaker 1: I feel like, do you feel like it was a mistake to spend that episode getting Wolverine back to where he was no.
Speaker 2: I mean, because where do you go from the heights in the depths of episode four?
Speaker 1: Do you feel like that was a studio note though, them saying, hey, we see eight episodes here and we don't see a lot of Wolverine. Can we get some Wolverine?
Speaker 2: Well, two things that occur, two major things that occur in let's say, the three major things from season one Goo. Obviously you have the whole attack on Genosha, that's the primary thing. You have Gambit dying as a result of that, and then you have Magneto ripping the Adamantium out of Wolverine's body. And season two fucks with a couple of those things. So does that make season what worse? Does that make season two worse? I think it's a conversation to be had either way. But I think one of those you're talking about bothers you a little bit. I think bothered a few other people. Now. I do think in the finale, the last like ten minutes are fucking great, and I really loved a couple of the dialogues there, and a couple things that take.
Speaker 1: Well, especially because the theme of the season and the big fear for the X Men and the you know, big arching villain. And it's not just apocalypse, it is the gods that have set up apocalypse as is, and that is Survival of the Fittest.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then by the end they say, not so fast. Hold your horse is rusty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there can be other avenues.
Speaker 1: Life is more than just about being stronger. That's why Mac and I work so well. I'm Survival of the Fittest. I'm ready to tear Max's soul out right now, the Max saying, hey, hold your horses, Charlie.
Speaker 2: Hugs, have some love and hugs.
Speaker 1: Hug me, brother.
Speaker 2: Ago. The people behind X Men ninety seven season two, they head writer bo to Mayo. We all remember that after season one there was a hole to do about some stuff in his past. I still don't know how true all of it is or not. He exited the show. However, he had already written and created season two, so this is still his baby. Supervising director Jake Castarina, episode directors Chase Conley and Emmy Yonimura. They did all to all nine executive producers on this, the head of Marvel, Brad Winder, Bob Kevin Foigy obviously, and then you have three returnees from the ninety two series, Eric Lee Wald, Julia Lee Wald, and Larry Houston.
Speaker 1: Those are my two friends. I've spoken to them.
Speaker 2: So obviously they've put the right mix together here now us loving and the great success of these first two seasons are largely due to bo to Mayo. I'm curious what happens with a head writer change going to season three and four, which have been confirmed for twenty twenty seven to twenty twenty eight. Now everything's sorted in motion already, so I think it'll be maybe hard to fuck up. But bo to Mao and then obviously knew it.
Speaker 1: They also pretty much have a bible to work by, with five seasons of the ninety two and two of this yeah right.
Speaker 2: Right synopsis of X Men ninety seven Season two. I had Google AI do this because there was no.
Speaker 1: No, don't do that. Oh don't even bother reading this, Just make it up yourself.
Speaker 2: Season two of X Men. I prompted it, but I promptly did it.
Speaker 1: I did do it.
Speaker 2: I did the pro because.
Speaker 1: Because the prompt doesn't make it any better.
Speaker 2: I don't like brain. Season two of X Men ninety seven falls the mutant team scattered across different eras in time. After the events of the season one finale, Forge and Bishop attempt a rescue mission that leads the team into ancient Egypt to confront an unfolding conflict with and his final Horseman and Rama tutt.
Speaker 1: I don't like it. I don't endorse.
Speaker 2: Go ahead and read the ones that are out there and tell me that's you could have written that you saw the season.
Speaker 1: You could have written.
Speaker 2: I could have and you know what I did instead? Right a prompt.
Speaker 1: I don't like it? Comment down below. Have Mac thrown off the show Survival of the Fittest.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna run through this voice cast list, and none of it really matters. This show stars Ray Chase as Cyclops, George Buza as Beast, Ross Marquand as Professor x an Apocalypse, Jennifer Hale is Gene Gray cal Dot as Wolverine, leonora's On as Rogue, Holly Chew as Jubilee, Allison Seely smiths Storm, JP Carliac is Morph, Matthew Waterson as Magneto and is on the Celestial, Isaac Robinson Smith as Bishop, Adrian Hoe Huff as Nightcrawler, Katherine dishras Val Cooper Chris Potter is Cable Guy, Augus Augustini as Sunspot, Gil Birmingham as Forge, Rachel Kimsey as ship A, J. LoCascio as Gambit, Teddy Sears as Havoc, Carolina Ravass Polaris Naoki, Morius Silak, Christopher Barger as Archangel, Barger at A Tokuombu McCormick as En Sabar Nor, John Delancy as Rama Tut Slash King, and then you have Terry Douglas, Matthew Wood, Robert Akin Down's rounding out the edges doing all sorts of additional voices. I do remember us talking a lot more about the voices in season one, I think because it was a little more jarring coming back from the original series. I had no issues with anyone in this season, and I do remember loving more from season one. Still love him here. I thought the Ensaba Nor and Apocalypse dynamic was great. Those two voices are awesome, the shift is great, The smidge of King we get is hilarious. That guy's fucking awesome. I do think that Night Crawler's voice actor, who is the original voice actor, absolutely crushes it here maybe my favorite. And then also when we deal with gambit stuff. That guy's great too. That guy does an awesome joke.
Speaker 1: It was me. It has been out lot on madel mey Goo.
Speaker 2: Like I said, season three and four have already been confirmed.
Speaker 1: You'd be like that Tiger Wood than his daddy.
Speaker 2: Season three twenty twenty seven, Season four twenty twenty eight, and I think it was Winderbaum said that they've wanted to do it year in between the seasons, and even a year has felt like a long time. But it's great that they're pushing this to the front. I really enjoy it.
Speaker 1: Do you want more episodes in a season?
Speaker 2: Yes? And no. So we're used to what twenty four episodes, so we don't need that many. But it does feel like this could have been a little bit longer. And nine's a weird number on top of that.
Speaker 1: That's why I feel like they said eight and then someone said we need a Wolverine episode.
Speaker 2: Oh is that okay? Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Nine is it is an odd number.
Speaker 2: It is, it is weird, but you could you could do three three episode arcs in nine.
Speaker 1: That's why I also if they did twelve to fifteen, that would give them and you hate these episodes but that would give them the opportunity to do a side quest episode but still give us enough time for that main storyline.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, but then maybe God, I don't know. I don't know what the right is.
Speaker 1: You didn't like the Jubilee episode in season one? I did know, and I like the episodes where a character can go off and kind of do its own thing and build that character for a twenty two minute episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, understood, I see both sides of it. I don't know if I have a strong opinion to make a decision. There.
Speaker 1: Good, I'm glad you're on this podcast.
Speaker 2: Goo. My main opinion here on this season is that even though it maybe doesn't have as many side quest episodes as season one did, it really just has the one Wolverine one. It just felt like there were so many moving parts, and the second half of the season has so many things going on that it's not confusing. It's just really hard to be like, all right, what are we caring about here? Because season one is more straightforward with its main story arc. With bast season two, you get the massive payoff and blowout in one through four, and then go, we have these three separate teams. We're dealing with In the second half of the season, you have our main X Men with Charles Xavier. That team is Cyclops, gene Beast, Nightcrawler, Rogue, Storm, Wolverine, Morph Forge, and Bishop. And then you have X Force run by Cable is Cable, Jubilee, Sunspot, Archangel and Silocked. And then you have X Factor with valcous Havoc, Polaire's strong Guy, multiple Man, Wolf Spain. It almost feels like none of the three get enough of a chance to shine. They're all done well. Of course, they're fun, and I like the dynamic of, you know, basically all good guys fighting against each other, but it just feels like none of the three get a chance to shine.
Speaker 1: Which Cable storyline do you like better Season one of him trying to stop a Nexus event or season two of him trying to fulfill his destiny at any cost.
Speaker 2: They're sort of one and the same, right, And it does also now feel like, you know he was doomed to never stop that Nexus event because of what happens here. He felt more emotional and more of a rounded out character in season two than a one note in season one, and he's more likable, I guess in season two, but there is something to be said about him going back like four hundred times and trying to stop that Nexus event in season one. I don't know, it's a good question, that's a good question.
Speaker 1: I do like the interactions with him and his parents where his parents are just trying to slow him down where they're not I mean, they're I feel both sides are pulling punches. Yeah, but the parents, especially using kid gloves on them.
Speaker 2: It's a little bit Civil warish where you're like, all right, they're not really trying to hurt the other.
Speaker 1: One until Cable is willing to do one thing and you're like, oh Cable.
Speaker 2: Is Oh he really wants to get this done.
Speaker 1: Because he's willing, that's something that he doesn't do and he's doing that right now. Shall we get into the octagon? The nonagon of this season mac fun factor. I feel like there weren't as many fun battles or fun team ups as we got in season one. One. That really stands out is when Gambit and Wolverine teamed up for their like you know, energy punch where they did it and that was like, oh shit, that's awesome, Or when Cyclops even stepped in their episode one of X Men ninety seven season one, and you're like, oh, Cyclops kind of fucking rules now this season. I do like what they did with Jubilee. Jubilee had a nice power up changes a little bit.
Speaker 2: She's like, actually, I mean there's there's you know, going back to the original series and even she was useless, useless, useless, useless, and now you actually see where her power is powerful. You were like, oh, this this helps the team.
Speaker 1: He was also a teenager who wasn't allowed to do anything. In this season, she's flying planes.
Speaker 2: I really liked the nuanced thing where she has that one on one with Havoc and then she's flying like floating back into the planet and she like force pushes herself with her powers. That was cool. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And also another character that they allowed to show off their powers, at least for a smidge of it, was they allowed Nightcrawler to in one episode where he wasn't fully himself go in there and take out a full team.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So episodes eight and nine give us a lot of fun with the infighting and then they're all fighting for different reasons but fighting each other. There's a great Nightcrawler scene. There's a great morph and Wolverine versus Psilock and Archangel scene too like that, So that the most fun outside of the four episodes, which were more emotional than anything, were those final two.
Speaker 1: Satisfactor Were you satisfied? And I do think by the end of it, While I don't necessarily love some of the results, I do like how they got there. I was satisfied by how they got there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't disagree with you. This season had a little bit of Infinity War endgame type thing. Right end of episode four feels Infinity warish. The conclusion feels a little end gamish. Again, it's a superhero collic book thing, So yeah, I guess everyone coming back is always on the table, but when someone makes an amazing sacrifice, you want it to mean something. And so I wouldn't say I was super satisfied by the end, but I did like where certain characters ended up.
Speaker 1: Borometer. Did you feel bored at any point during this season? A little bit?
Speaker 2: Smitch Smitch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this didn't have the same week to week intrigue that season one had For me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and again, I'm gonna beat this to death. The first four episodes are fucking incredible, and then when we go to that Wolverine episode in five, you're like, all right, whatever.
Speaker 1: And then it takes a little while to get going again.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And also just the story that Charles goes through. I feel like by the end that didn't satisfy me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and especially seeing how angry and visceral he is in episode four, there's no real payoff to that.
Speaker 1: I would also love it if at the end of all their battles, even if Charles is wrong, he sits in his chair and goes just as I thought. It's like, you didn't, you didn't plan.
Speaker 2: This out say that at all, Captain Hut.
Speaker 1: You never thought that was gonna happen, because that's kind of what happened. He's like, Yeah, same family. I told you guys, kinda kind of Halloween. Will this wait over time? I think I might remember this more fondly as we move forward.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Maybe, I don't know if there's gonna be as many standout scenes to rewatch as there may have been in season one, But yeah, you could write about that.
Speaker 1: Awkwater World. Is it better than nineteen ninety five's instant classic water World?
Speaker 2: It sure is.
Speaker 1: Yes. When life gives you plemens, they say that's not just any old Plements, that's Jesse Plements. Did anyone in this show with limited screen time make you say Jesse Plemmons is not playing Beast in the MCU, Why isn't this happening?
Speaker 2: So three, I want to highlight who we have sort of already talked about. Apocalypse obviously is spotted throughout this but heavy in the first four three and.
Speaker 1: Apocalypse is awesome.
Speaker 2: And Saba Nors yeah great, Professor Ax actually in that those episodes are great as well. Magneto's great in those episodes. I felt like Nightcrawler at the end stood out. But also when we're doing with Gambit stuff, that was great too. That was fun as well.
Speaker 1: The guy that played Kang, yeah.
Speaker 2: So good. I don't know if he's the original guy or I don't know who it is.
Speaker 1: He reminded me of Jim Rash.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It was a little bit and I'm like, I like this all lies like but packing up my bags, I see this is time ago.
Speaker 2: It was a little salty, little salty.
Speaker 1: A little spicy. Max credit Union.
Speaker 2: I guess Boa Mayo. I mean, you know, maybe he's a terrible guy, but you got to give him credit for bringing this show back to life and having a great vision to sort of blue ball us at the end of season one, leading into some some of the greatness in season two.
Speaker 1: I also like where they left off at the end of the season. Credit to them for leading into something that I think this will be a good pivot from that big universal stuff that we got in season two. Let's bring it back down to this world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll have our friendly neighborhood X Men.
Speaker 1: Now, for those of you tardy to the Mac and Goo party, we do pants ten City and I forgot to do that, So Mac right here, Pants ten City excite bike Mania. What got you going in this season?
Speaker 2: Episode four with you know, En sabon Or becoming a pot Seeing that transformation and seeing how the X Men contributed to his creation was great. And then what that culminates in and the death in episode four is so good. It's it's both deserved, it's also sad but powerful. It was fucking great. Episode four really really did it for.
Speaker 1: Me when they do that in episode four. That might have been the only time this season that I felt because there were like three times in season one where I felt that same way. That was the one of my God, can we get another forty dog season. Wow. Now, for those of you tarty to those in the Mac and Goo party, we weread everything on a forty hot dog rating system. Mac. I still really loved this season. Maybe a little bit clunkier in the middle than last, but or maybe I'm forgetting last season. I don't know. And look, it's a full nine episode season. They're not always going to be all perfect. But I feel like them undoing some of what did in season one that I loved that they did, because I need deaths to sometimes be the end of a character. I don't need them to come back as new characters. I don't need them to be revived or trade offs or anything like that, so that it annoys me. I don't hate the Wolverine episode. It just it brought the how the season was moving to almost an abrupt stop. It did, and it did add some conflict between Logan and Morph that does add to the end of the season, adds to the whole theme of the season, which I don't mind. And you need to give Wolverine back his clause, so I get it. It's not up there with as classic as what I thought season one was, but I do I still have it around thirty six and nine out of ten, I still say I love it. The first four episodes are absolute dynamite. The last two episodes have things that I don't love, but the how we end it and what one character does kind of saves it for me. So I'm gonna accept that without docking more dogs and tell you thirty six Yeah, I actually.
Speaker 2: Agree pretty much wholeheartedly with everything you just said. It feels like to me, if season one's an A overall, not quite an A plus, this is probably an A minus. I also have it at thirty six hot dogs, and the biggest thing for me is it just feels like season one led directly into those first four episodes, which was great, and then obviously this culminates in the finale. I don't feel as satisfied or as excited for the next stuff as I was leading into this stuff. So that's a detriment to season two, and a lot of the payoff at the beginning of season two is a credit to season one. So I loved the Apocalypse.
Speaker 1: The first four episodes of season one felt like it could have been in the middle of an X Men season, but they have it as it's own VHS box set that you can buy separately for those episodes.
Speaker 2: First episode of season two, you mean, yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm just I'm not dissatisfied with anything. I'm not disliking anything even I just I just didn't love it to where I thought I was going to. And I do think there's some incredibly satisfying things. I think there's a couple of standout scenes. It just wasn't as good as it could have been. Maybe now again, I could be proven wrong in a year when season three maybe draws back to certain things. Now the thing you're more thrown off by I thought was probably gonna happen anyway.
Speaker 1: I thought it was gonna happen, but I was wishing that it wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, understood. However, that got flipped and reversed because I didn't think what was gonna happen in season not or in episode nine happened. So I agree with you. I think it's thirty six. It's still a great season of television, and like, if this is like the bar, if this is the low point, I should say, if this is the floor, we're doing great stuff here with X Men ninety seven.
Speaker 1: I do think so the Episode four had a great cliffhang or slash lead into like, oh what happens next, and the intrigue is at such a high, and then the end of episode nine, another big intrigue. I feel like season one they did a great job at maybe at the end of like five of the episodes they had a what's gonna happen next week and you're like, oh shit, I need to watch it as soon as it drops on Disney. Plus, this season didn't have that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you knew after episode four that there wasn't gonna be any big payoffs until episode nine, so that did drag.
Speaker 1: Like in season one, the stuff in Genosha, you're like, I need to see what happens next when Magneto demagnifies the world, Like I need to see what happens. Like there's I don't think this season had as many of those.
Speaker 2: No, Yeah, I think you're right about that. I think you're right about that.
Speaker 1: Shelby gets the spoilers, spiless spiles, spileless, Gambit is alive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Gambit is resurrected as Apocalypse Death or one of his four horsemen.
Speaker 1: Now, my favorite scene from the year was when he was he was in bed in like a hospital, yet he was wearing his outfit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't take your outfit off.
Speaker 1: Of course, you can put a hospital gown on.
Speaker 2: No, No, then your buns are showing out the back.
Speaker 1: Because imagine when he pops up and jumps in that giant fight at the end. What if he was wearing a hospital gown with no backside, and he's swirling his stick and you can see.
Speaker 2: On gospads instead of guards.
Speaker 1: You can see his ass.
Speaker 2: No I I so that a point of contention in this season is Gambit being resurrected after the sacrifice made in season one. I think this was sort of foretold. Everyone kind of predicted this, so I wasn't upset with it. It does diminish the sacrifice a bit, but it also leads, of course into that finale moment where Rogue sacrifices herself for Gambit and then night Crawler sacrifices himself for a run.
Speaker 1: And I also like the final time that Rogue and Nightcrawler talk to each other where so she's saying goodbye as if, look, this is the last time I've I'm ever gonna see you. Nightcrawler picks up on it and is like yep, this is the last time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then he goes in and I love the speech that he has, which eternal was that, which gies They're not an eternal, it's just a it's a god. There are a celestial They're a celestial. Thank you, And the conversation about how it's not always about survival of the fittest it is. I believe that in death I'm going to be able to have people create new memories because of what I'm doing, and out of all the characters, he would be the one that understands sacrifice more than anyone else. And also how you can mean more to people in death sometimes than you do in life.
Speaker 2: No, it's a good point, and there's also something to be said along those lines of how you lived your life matters more than how long you lived, right, what sort of effect you had on people, And that's sort of I am. The more I think about it and the more I sit on it, I'm okay with the Gambit resurrection and the death storyline, because there was some cool shit there. I don't know. I love that he's fully back, Like maybe if he was back for a moment and they got their one last thing, that would have been cool. But he's just back and everything's all set again. I don't so, I don't think I love.
Speaker 1: That because also not only was so he's back, he's fully back. He's wearing his cutoff crop tops and whatnot, like he is Gambit again. Cable blasts him in the head and his head is fine. Yeah, I don't quite like imagine if he's brought back, but now he is a giant headwind. He's headward Harry a good.
Speaker 2: The secondary major thing here or maybe the primary thing. Of course they defeat Apocalypse.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I also love the look of Gambit Apocalypse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was cool. Credit to them and the big scythe was cool. I enjoyed that. So the major moment at the end of episode four, en Sibator fully becomes Apocalypse and murders the fuck out a Magneto. You see Magnetos So does it right in front of Professor X. And then he's like, I would kill you two, but you sting. Yeah, you're an ant like you you're worthless to me?
Speaker 1: Yes, And then what I also love is so you can say, wait a second. These two they saw each other back in nineteen ninety two. So Apocalypse at the end, sees Charles and knows that this is the first time that Charles this Charles has seen him since they saw each other back in ancient Egypt, and he's like, Oh, I'm gonna fucking tease you now, dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The other thing that I guess was a mild disappointment is the character of Onslaught has sort of been teased or hinted at for a couple of seasons now, and now I don't think we're gonna get it at all, because I thought that would be how that you that's how you defeat upon.
Speaker 1: So I think that because they've talked about wanting to do ten seasons of this show, by season five, we're gonna get something like that. Yeah, Magneto's gonna come back in some way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that that was a major thing. But once again, if he does come back, the whole diminished thing. Kude. I also think that we've mentioned it. Jubilee levels up. That's a great thing. It just felt like all the characters, you know, maybe season one wasn't wonky, Maybe we just became more familiar with it. I had no issues with like things characters did and everyone's motivations. It all made sense throughout the season. I did enjoy that despite the fractured groups. Gie the post credit, we get to of Mystique. Finally, finally we've been we've been hypothesizing. Has Mystique been around the whole time? Maybe as Val Cooper, No, she hasn't. She pops up kills valcoup her wounds Val Cooper. We don't know if she's dead or not.
Speaker 1: Well, she double pops her. She pops her once in the side, and then it cuts to black and you hear a second pop spot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we see that one of the children of Mystique, Grayden Creed, the son of Mystique and Sabertooth, has now become president.
Speaker 1: I would say, the son of who's the lead singer from Creed, Scott's Stap, So Scott Stapp is the father. And then because he's the father, the last name is now Creed.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: That's how it works.
Speaker 2: Grade and Creed notable mutant hater despite having two mutant parents. So this is really setting season three up to what Good mentioned before, a more grounded, more political story. I suppose humans versus mutants, and.
Speaker 1: That's really what the That's what the X Men right at the.
Speaker 2: Core of the X Men's story.
Speaker 1: But this will also get into so Nightcrawler sacrificed himself for his you know, found family of the X Men, slash his adopted sister, sister Rogue. Yeah, but he also he allowed his brother Creed to live. I don't know how he got off of that that ice island. Maybe they'll explain that, but that will get brought up of like these other mutants tried to kill him, and they put him on jury. They had the trial, but Nightcrawler wanted a little more leniency, not just it's not just about execution.
Speaker 2: And it's gonna be interesting. Now. Everyone of course loves mystique. What mystiquees Angle is going forward because she's been good, she's been bad. She's worked with The Apocalypse, worked for Apocalypse, worked.
Speaker 1: With magazine, everything that she does, movies, animated, it's all it's selfish reasons.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, again, what's that reason gonna be this next season? And you know in the comics she obviously does a million things. Clearly she's probably gonna be leading her own team. What that team will be made of, who knows. But I'm intrigued to see what's gonna happen here, because it feels like it's gonna be a lot more like the Jennifer Lawrence mystique that we saw that was sort of undercutting things and maybe assassinating.
Speaker 1: And she's kind of leading her own thing. It's not gonna be the Rebecca Romaine where she's kind of an underling to Magneto.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I'm intrigued with that going forward. And obviously with mystique involved, what you see you can never take it faced.
Speaker 1: So we got kind of a morph mystique type of thing where they thought it was Silock and it was Archangel, where they thought they were fighting Wolverine and he's like, Psych, I'm actually doc Ock doc Ock and then he flipped it. By the way, the characters that Morph used this season were all awesome. I love that he was Thor, he was doc Ock, he was so this one. I was just say, he did one where I forget who it is. It's not mister Fantastic sense. Yeah, if he was just mister Fantastic he was. He was flat man.
Speaker 2: I love Owther taking the opportunity to use him to put little Easter eggs in like that, and for you and I that watch YouTube recapt and shit like that, Like, ah, that's what that is.
Speaker 1: Speaking of easter eggs, you saw that when Mistique held up her file, she had the three names of the actresses that have played her a slash voice star.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was nice. I enjoyed that.
Speaker 1: Is there anything else from season two?
Speaker 2: No? I I feel like you know there was. There's some nitpicks or some stuff I didn't love, but in general, I liked everything. And this is one of those shows that just having it, just watching it it existing makes me happy. So it's hard to be super critical.
Speaker 1: And I also want to point out that heading into season three, I'm just as excited for season three as I was for season two. I haven't lost any excitement.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say that for me. I'd say a little.
Speaker 1: Excitement meter is going down. I hope Cable doesn't blast you in the head.
Speaker 2: The old only reason is because I don't know where we're going, So what am I excited for? Whereas this season I had a reason to get excited for the apocalypse stuff. I just need to know what to get excited about, and then I'll get excited.
Speaker 1: I do love that Cable versus Parent scene where at first Cable's like, I'm a badass. I can beat anybody. And then he's like, oh shit, my parents are actually my parents are really really powerful. And then he did the arm thing where that's something that he's he tries not to do because it gives off too much energy. But I like, he you know, pushed his mom out of the and then he took his dad's glasses off.
Speaker 2: Yeah that was good.
Speaker 1: I can't see with those glasses.
Speaker 2: Where's glass?
Speaker 1: I wish Jean said that. No, he can't see without his glasses or he's gonna kill people without his glasses, can't.
Speaker 2: Jean just like force create a permanent, like fucking shield thing over his eyes so he doesn't need to wear the visor? Is that a thought? Is that a thing?
Speaker 1: How dare you? How dare you question? Are there any more X men that or not? There were so many mutants in this season.
Speaker 2: So many and and so that's where again I get back to no one really got a chance to shine.
Speaker 1: Because there's a lot of Polaris in this season.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Who was great? Great?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but is almost an afterthought because of everything else that happens here.
Speaker 2: Everything that happens at the end, complete afterthought.
Speaker 1: She's gonna bone, she's gonna fuck Bishop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm into the green hair. I'll tell you that. Here, here's a question for you.
Speaker 1: Green looks too stinky.
Speaker 2: Okay, so here's the question.
Speaker 1: It's a stinky. It's a stinky.
Speaker 2: You had to pick a colored hair that's not our standard color for your lady friend. What color would you pick?
Speaker 1: It's either blue, purple or pink?
Speaker 2: Blue, purple, pink. I think I would go that that real bright red, mystique red or purple.
Speaker 1: I like purple as well, I guess because pink is like cotton candy. Then you would assume that the curtains match the drapes.
Speaker 2: Of course, of course, let's get it.
Speaker 1: Mac sack and mac Zac could be anything. It could be a boats and mac last weekend, as one does. I was at a big brass jazz show, some Nolins brass, and when they went to introduce the band, I was a little underwhelmed because they were going around and they're like, on tuba, it's Pete on trumpet, Frank drums, that's Bob. I'm like, you know, when I was a kid, I was telling my wife this. When I was a kid, Jazz musicians had cool names. She's like, what do you mean, And I'm like, it'd be someone's first name, and then their nickname would be pick any adjective and then pick a part of their.
Speaker 2: Body tiny boop, squiggly right, She's.
Speaker 1: Like, what do you mean. I'm like, oh, like Frank Armstrong over there, you know, he'd be Frank literally your armstrong or so and so, stinky toe mcgilli, cuddy, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Old jazz guys, an old Tommy baseball guys. Same name pool, same name pool. But then I'm like, oh shit, you know what, I just realized. You could take all the characters from A Land Before Time. They're all pretty much jazz musicians. Yah, Sarah, No, do you.
Speaker 1: Take Sarah out of there? But then you go, oh, this is this is Tom little neck, little foot. He's a long neck little foot. This is Tom littlefoot, Bishop, this is Frank Petree Sullivan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you did a good jo. That's one more name that I would have remembered. I remember spikes, Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: You got sharp teeth. You could also just take the nicknames of the dinosaurs as well. Yeah, long necks, three horns, duck bills. I think they're just duckies. Ducky's a great nickname.
Speaker 2: Ducky is a name.
Speaker 1: What would your jazz name be?
Speaker 2: Good? Cush?
Speaker 1: What is a body feature? Bald head? No, that's that's no good. That's just what you are.
Speaker 2: That's not great. I feel like I have short arms, or they do short arms. This is all old short arms over here.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you do short arms or you you pick a word that describes your short arms, like stubby, okay, stubs stubbs, Jeffrey Stubbs McNamara over there on the stand up base he can't reach half the strings.
Speaker 2: But or I'm a drummer and I have extra long sticks.
Speaker 1: You got super long sticks, like at the.
Speaker 2: End at the NBA Draft combine, Like you know how they all have long arms, you know, way longer than their heights. I'd be like Desmond Bane. They'd be like two inches shorter than my height.
Speaker 1: What would my name? I have small hips.
Speaker 2: Like very like okay, no, you couldn't bear child. Yeah, your pants don't stay on it at all.
Speaker 1: That's where we are. Brian loose pants. Antonelli, No, that might be too Antonell loose pants. I don't have hips that can grip my pants. Oh, I have big palms, but short fingers. Brian, big palm, short finger Antonelli.
Speaker 2: Well, I've already got stubs. You can't have the stubby fingers.
Speaker 1: We're all stumps.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that kid, Brian, he's all palm.
Speaker 1: Oh you know what it is? On one of my pinky toes, I have a tone.
Speaker 2: Looked around on the floors if you had six feet.
Speaker 1: I have a toenail that's unclippable.
Speaker 2: Explain.
Speaker 1: I either need to tear the toenail completely off or I just leave it as is?
Speaker 2: Does it keep growing though?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah?
Speaker 2: What do you do?
Speaker 1: There are sometimes where I say this is going to be painful for one second, and I tear.
Speaker 2: It off the whole nail.
Speaker 1: A toenail clipper can't take it off. I don't have to go to a doctor for it.
Speaker 2: Oh god?
Speaker 1: Or who's good with a saw?
Speaker 2: A saw is all okay? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And then at that case you might lose the whole toe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta get one of those like scissor type clippers.
Speaker 1: I have those.
Speaker 2: Does it good for the toes?
Speaker 1: It's Brian ten toes Antonelli. That's like everyone else. I know, he's pretty normal.
Speaker 2: Brian nine nail Antonelli nine nail.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it's ten and a half. All right, okay, so comment down below. What's your jazz name or if we just made that up? All right, Mac, Where can the folks find us?
Speaker 2: You can find us on x and Instagram, at Mac Andgoo podcast every other platform. We're Mac Ampersandgod it's max Shift seven, Goo, Facebook, stitch Er, Tuning, Cashbarkspreaker.
Speaker 1: Google Play, ir Radio.
Speaker 2: We're on Spotify. More importantly, we're on Apple Podcasts. Get on that rate review, subscribe five stars if you do that, and a distant future of apocalypse. Maybe we'll have fresh Mac and Gooo t shirts from the folks over at Watertown.
Speaker 1: So, like, are we going back in time?
Speaker 2: I don't know, I confused myself. Watertown Sports where thirty four Mod Auburn Street in Watertown. Watertownsports dot Com expert screen printing and.
Speaker 1: Embroidery depublic dot Com. Check us out. At the top of next week, we'll have all the news from d twenty three.
Speaker 2: Hopefully the X men line up.
Speaker 1: And check us out on social media. Maybe we'll repost someone else that posted it because we don't have any scoops, so we're not gonna pretend like we do.
Speaker 2: It made me irashly angry when they're like, oh, Charles Milton's no longer going to d twenty three. They're not gonna announce the X Men, whether he's there or not. They're gonna announce it.
Speaker 1: Figgy's gonna go on stage. Saw We guys, we can't find a beast, so I guess we'll tell you next year.
Speaker 2: They're gonna call the next guy. If Charles Milton doesn't want.
Speaker 1: You're gonna find anyone that looks exactly like Charles Melton or someone who doesn't because it's a fucking cgi beast, right it? Maybe theyok at Jesse Plemons, he'll be so much older than all the other characters, but who'd be a good beast like Kelsey Grammar? Keep doing it, Niles. My sister sent me a photo of someone on Twitter posted a bag of it said free stuff, and it was all nine seasons of Fraser.
Speaker 2: Did you pick it up for you?
Speaker 1: No? But I'm like, what if someone goes in there and just takes season six? What a bitch, what a piece of shit?
Speaker 2: They've been missing season six?
Speaker 1: They and you're gonna take all those seasons and you're missing season six, a crucial season.
Speaker 2: I have r pal Morti's wire DVD set and it's missing season three or four. I forget just inexplication.
Speaker 1: It would make more sense to miss season four, right, because that's the last season. You just didn't collect all the seasonson five is the last season? Okay, never mind, I apologize. Yeah, I feel like anyone who has borrowed DVD's Blu rays over the years. No one's returned any of them. No, that's true, you just have like, oh, I can't throw those away either, because those are morts.
Speaker 2: I have the original set of thirty for thirties that I l I have those two I lent to a friend of ours. Have not gotten them back.
Speaker 1: The original set of thirty for thirties ruled so good. And then they're like, what if we do the you again?
Speaker 2: The you also that you still all right?
Speaker 1: Check us out then Tuesdays or Tuesdays, I abuse kangaroos a tamburton.
Speaker 2: Bye.
Speaker 1: Please flip the cassette over to side B to continue the adventure. Now it's time for girls jumping on trampolines. Zugi zugiziggi, Zugi oie