Speaker 1: It's Mojoe in the morning show. So we have a big event tomorrow. We're all going to be going to the our magazine, big awards thing.
Speaker 2: That they do, they're best of.
Speaker 1: This is a magazine that is prominent here in the Metro Detroit area. It's a very nice magazine. I call it the magazine that you see at doctor's offices because if you go get your teeth cleaned, or if you're going to get a proctal rectal exam, your doctor might have this on their waiting table. And although I will say this to you, I went to a doctor's office yesterday and there were no magazines. I was over at doctor Bazzie's office over at the Michigan Fertility Institute in Livonia, Michigan, and he's got digital stuff there for you.
Speaker 2: He's got iPads.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got like I mean, his technology.
Speaker 2: No Highlights magazine.
Speaker 1: Do you guys ever remember highlights magazine in your doctors.
Speaker 2: I used to love going to the doctor. That's what my mom's ad a doctor.
Speaker 3: Maybe like a couple of weeks ago and off in the corner, you have to blow the dust off of you when you were a kid and they had like those I don't know how to I don't know how to give you an idea of it.
Speaker 2: But it was like these little circle things that.
Speaker 4: You go around with, like Collared, Yes, I love.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow is the big awards thing that they're doing, and we're excited to go. But there has been something that has happened almost every single day in the last two weeks in the studio here, and I wanted to address this on the air.
Speaker 2: Every single day for the last two weeks.
Speaker 1: All I hear from the women of the radio show, because Kevin, Zach and I have not said this to each other, is are you bringing a plus one? Are you bringing a plus one? Who you bring in? Are you bringing somebody? Are you coming by yourself? Are you come by yourself? And I'm noticing that this is especially I've heard it from Anna and Lydia and Bianca and actually Shannon. They've asked Shannon if she's bringing a wass And I'm wondering, what do you care, guys.
Speaker 2: About a plus one? Like what's the what's the point.
Speaker 5: I'm newer to the team and I don't know protocol, Like I don't want to either show up and all of you have a plus one and then I'm the seventh wheel or show up and everyone doesn't have a plus one and I have a friend that I have to attend to. Really so, I just feel like I need to talk to my girls and see.
Speaker 1: So you can't show up and be solo for the evening. I could and somebody these guys.
Speaker 2: A date really want to follow everyone?
Speaker 4: Now I get that?
Speaker 2: Really Yeah?
Speaker 6: Well yeah, I mean for exactly the reason she said, you don't want to be the only one with a plus one, which now I think I am, even though we all got two tickets. If it's if it's just going to be a show thing, like the MAB Awards that we went to two weekends ago was just a show thing, well you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so this week take a table.
Speaker 6: Although West is coming and I said this to you, guys, I will. I will show up with him and I will leave with him. I probably won't see him during the event because he's got friends going and he wants to hang out with his friends.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't like being bringing people. I agree.
Speaker 3: I like being solo. You can do whatever you want. Feel like, whenever I'll bring somebody, I have to be with them.
Speaker 2: You have to entertain. Yeah, you got it. It's like you have.
Speaker 3: This obligatory person where you got to show up, make sure they're good. Like I'm just trying to float around you some st patches, sour patches.
Speaker 2: I'm bringing them home.
Speaker 1: Chelsea as and I have had this for a long time. When we've done Naughty Mom's night outs, or we've done the pub crawls or any of the pajama parties, Chelsea is said, I don't want to go because you either ignore me, so she thinks I completely ignore her and purposely ignore her, or I make it very difficult to for me to have the work done because I'm always focused on trying to make sure she's okay, And so she actually doesn't like going and actually be honest with you. After them a B thing, I think she never she'll never go to that thing ever again. Like she's, oh, I can't get her ass out of that. She was like she was like I came for this, like I said, yeah, we got an award. She goes, well, we really didn't get an award. They basically, you know, we could have picked it up at the door and left. But but let's talk about this hour thing. And I want to ask you listening to the show right now, if you're listening to the show, do you do you.
Speaker 2: Like bringing plus ones?
Speaker 1: Do you like having your spouse going, especially like this is like a work type thing.
Speaker 2: You uh, call us up and tell us you BEYONC. I look at you.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at you, and listeners don't know what I'm looking at saying when I say you you you cannot bring up plus one?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: So I so Bryce originally wanted to go with me, and when I got two tickets, I thought Lydia like sent me hers two. So I told him. I was like, I don't have a ticket for you. Lydia told me I did have an extra plus one. So he kept begging me to go. But I didn't want to bring him obviously because I don't want to entertain him like what Kevin said. But then I felt bad, so I wanted to him. And then I found out it was a twenty one plus event.
Speaker 1: So I was like, oh, sorry, man, no, no go ye to the showy because you.
Speaker 2: Can go with like the g I e.
Speaker 7: He can go in the GA area.
Speaker 2: But we got vi P. So what am I gonna have to do?
Speaker 7: Sit like bring him to sit out there.
Speaker 1: Is it is this happened before because I feel like he's come to a lot of things, but he's also not come to things.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize what things he was not going to or they are.
Speaker 7: I mean, we like don was an auto show and that's like it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that wasn't a twenty one and up. That wasn't okay, b yeah that show man.
Speaker 3: This is what this This is what it's like twenty one. This is I mean, she she was getting list.
Speaker 7: I'm not going to bring him and he's gonna get to night at the door and there's gonna be like.
Speaker 1: Okay, hanging in the Starbucks and the lobby, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: He said, it's a g I feel like we can finagle of the a p area of Bristban for him.
Speaker 7: You think, yes, I mean, he has a fake ID, but it's my brother, so it's not going to work out.
Speaker 1: Interesting thing here right now, because this is wild. The relationships of the you know, like Bianca and Lydia and Anna Beyonca is in a relationship Anna and Lydia or not. keV is not in a relationship, although he does have a couple.
Speaker 4: Of relationships iron.
Speaker 2: I wanted to bring the girl from six who cut my hair, but she says, yeah, oh, you tried to actually bring up plus one. She's not going.
Speaker 1: I thought that all the six people are going because they're nominating, they sponsor this thing.
Speaker 2: She says she won't go.
Speaker 1: That's actually even better. You don't have to bring her, so you don't have obligation, but you can hook up at the actual event. I think that's wonderful. I would think that for Anna, for Anna and Bianca or Lydia, this would be a great opportunity to maybe meet somebody.
Speaker 2: Everybody's fun and young.
Speaker 4: Do you there?
Speaker 1: Have you guys ever had this happened to you where you go to like a wedding and you bring a date, or you go to an event and you bring somebody with you and there's all kinds of hot single people there and you feel like, damn it.
Speaker 2: I brought food to the festival.
Speaker 5: Yea auto show when I had a plus one with me that was a friend, like we weren't even dating, but I felt like he kept all the guys.
Speaker 4: Oh this year. Yeah, that's right. You talked about that.
Speaker 2: Well, that was a messy situation too. That turned out to be right.
Speaker 1: Texter here says, don't bring plus ones. You guys are fun when you're hanging out with each other. That's interesting.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I don't think that it's any different, but I you know, I guess whatever i'd like to. I actually Chelsea's not in town. She's actually not even going to be here, So I'm going solo. Yeah, I'll be your plus one. You want me to be your plus one?
Speaker 4: I'm not telling West you can't come, by the way.
Speaker 2: No, I want to hang with you.
Speaker 4: I was so excited. Well, he's not going to hang with us, I'm telling you.
Speaker 6: Because he loves He's gonna hang with George from six selon and we're that's we're never going to see him.
Speaker 2: He likes dressing up to right, he likes That's what made me.
Speaker 6: Do last night was go and get I don't know what guys call him accessories.
Speaker 4: For your out Like what kind of ki?
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 4: And you know all these things?
Speaker 2: Where do you go?
Speaker 4: How were we not Men's Warehouse? The other one Joseph.
Speaker 1: Bank, Okay, I actually I always ordered those on Amazon.
Speaker 5: Are you guys matching?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: The sales the sales lady outside even told me I shouldn't be bringing a plus one because they're like, we gotta have way too much fun with you. We're trying to go out and have drinks and we don't want any man to be bothering our night. It was, and Audrey want a man to be bothering her?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: Am I wrong in saying it was our megan Is magazine thing on a Friday last year?
Speaker 2: I was going to say it was it was like a.
Speaker 1: Weekday because I was thinking of my I don't like giving up a weekend night, Like, I really don't.
Speaker 2: To me, honestly, I have no interest in going to this.
Speaker 1: On it could be prot honest I'd golf Friday afternoon and I'd probably be in bed drunk from golfing Friday afternoon.
Speaker 4: In the alcohol Friday night.
Speaker 1: But that's like my thing. I like, you know, I hate, you know, going outside. First off, do you know what I hate? If I go outside and see my shadow, that.
Speaker 4: Means it's too late.
Speaker 2: Six more months of Mojo being unhappy.
Speaker 1: No, I hate the idea that I got to drive downtown to work on Friday, drive back home, and then drive downtown and then drive back home.
Speaker 4: Look, don't drive in the evening.
Speaker 6: I haven't been to this party in a couple of years, but the last time that was and I went and we valleyed the car. I think we waited an hour and fifteen hour and a half for our car. At the end of the night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we learned.
Speaker 1: Well that hotel, that's the hotel that it has the worst of la Oh my, they do. I don't know where they parked their car. I think they parked the car in Toledo. Yeah, it could be eight four four Mojo Live eight four four. Do we have any listeners that are listening to us right now? Nobody? Nobody cares about our plus ones. I said this at the beginning of our show meeting. I said, if we don't get calls on the first break, the show is going to be a bad show.
Speaker 6: Let me tell you that packed because I was late coming into work today. I had to go back home for something. Yeah, there's tons of people out there.
Speaker 2: See. I felt like today was not packed roads.
Speaker 1: I felt like it was slow driver day because normally I drive the freeway the lodge here in Detroit, and nobody goes to speed limit. Everybody goes at least eighty five or ninety miles an hour, and the speed limits like fifty five. Today, everybody that was in front of me was choosing to follow the speed limit and actually go the speed So I felt like today was just a slow driving day. But although you actually forgot your computer at home, right and you had to go back and get it, how does.
Speaker 2: That keep happening to you?
Speaker 6: Well, this is Lucy's computer, so there's no alert on it that says you are no longer near your iPad.
Speaker 4: Remember my iPad got stolen.
Speaker 1: You know what I have to tell you? And your an amazing mother, and I'm sure you do this with your your kids. Don't you make them pack their bag their book bag the night before.
Speaker 6: I packed their book bag the night before, and then I put little sticky notes on the door, like hey, don't forget your extra snack today.
Speaker 4: Don't forget.
Speaker 6: I literally went once, I had to go back today and then come back to the radio station. I was like, Shannon, actually, Shannon Nicole to myself, Shannon Nicole put a sticky note on the door tonight that says, do you have your computer? Because this has happened two or three times lately, and it's all pain in my ass to have.
Speaker 4: To turn around and go home. Oh, I'm telling you.
Speaker 6: And I kept calling Wes like, hey, I wanted him to bring it here.
Speaker 4: He was fast asleep.
Speaker 2: Oh he didn't.
Speaker 1: You know what, I would purposely not answer those calls in the morning because I know exactly what you're calling for.
Speaker 2: What's up, Sarah, how you doing?
Speaker 8: Good morning? Everybody?
Speaker 2: Good morning? What's happening?
Speaker 8: Not a lot. I just wanted to make a talma about the plus one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what are your thoughts? Should these guys bring plus ones or should we all go solo?
Speaker 8: I'm not a plus one person. I feel like when you go to an event, especially a work event, I keep working private life kind of separate because you know, work is work, and I mean, you guys are different because you guys still all to have that dynamic as a friend and stuff as well. But for me personally, if you go to a work event, I like to keep it a little bit more professional. And you know, if it's a relaxed kind of night, it doesn't stop me from being goofy. And you know, you gotta, you know, entertain a couple of people and then you gotta and.
Speaker 1: You can talk work stuff and not feel like you're leaving somebody out because you know they don't know who you're talking about or what you're talking about. That's interesting, that's a that's a good vote there. Hold on, Amy, what's up?
Speaker 2: Amy?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 8: Good morning?
Speaker 2: How are you they good? What's happening?
Speaker 8: Anna? I'll be here a postpone girl.
Speaker 9: We'll have a little girl's night.
Speaker 2: Know, Hey, mo than that? What do we think? Huh? You gotta dress?
Speaker 6: How fancy do you need to be?
Speaker 2: Anna? How fancy do you want to? I don't know.
Speaker 5: I've never been to this party? Where are you address?
Speaker 1: Anne is going to wear like something like she wore last week and did the photo shoot with at that concert or wherever she was at.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I.
Speaker 4: Just have perfect I know that would have been she.
Speaker 2: When Anna dresses, Anna dresses, she.
Speaker 4: Gets Anna is a baddie.
Speaker 9: And when she does dress and man, yesterday listening to Anna talk about her topic yesterday and my heart just went out to her.
Speaker 5: And you are never.
Speaker 7: Mean to others like you are mean to yourself.
Speaker 9: And I totally resonate with that.
Speaker 7: So just just keep doing what you're doing.
Speaker 5: Girl.
Speaker 9: You don't need to listen to anybody else.
Speaker 6: You have our beautiful heart.
Speaker 2: She should be your plus one. That is the nicest thing ever. Amy. What's up, Keith, how you doing? Good morning? How's it going good? What's going on?
Speaker 9: Well, it's like nice time.
Speaker 8: To call her, first time?
Speaker 2: Whatever. I like it. I like it. What are your comments? What do you talk talking about? What do you got, Mojo?
Speaker 8: I just heard you.
Speaker 4: I'm in my truck on our way to work, and I heard you say that if you don't get called in the first break, you're having a bad show, and.
Speaker 3: I can't let that happen.
Speaker 2: I like you. Thank you.
Speaker 1: So you have nothing to say. You just want us to have a good show. I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Well, I want I.
Speaker 8: Want to tell you that you know you guys, don't forget You've got other people on the other side of those microphones.
Speaker 2: To count on you.
Speaker 8: That I love you and just appreciate everything you do.
Speaker 2: I'm driving listening to you, guys.
Speaker 8: I'm just so happy every morning.
Speaker 2: You're the best case.
Speaker 3: So you have a great.
Speaker 8: Day, you have a great show.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 8: I work in West Bluefield and.
Speaker 2: We have a connection.
Speaker 1: So thanks buddy. Later, we appreciate. Would you like to be my plus one? I'll bring you as my plus anytime.
Speaker 2: We don't even need.
Speaker 1: To dress up, and let's you and I dress up like the guys from Dumb and Dumber. We'll wear one of those outfits, the powdered blue outfits. Hannah, what's up?
Speaker 2: Hannah?
Speaker 4: Hi everyone, good morning?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 9: My husband is the best plus one because he exclusively buys State in Liberty suit so that he can break it down on the dance floor like there, he's always our d d and he'll like do the worm. Hell, he's getting the booty to the floor, tie on the head. He loves to have a tie on the head.
Speaker 2: Hanna.
Speaker 1: I gotta be honest with you. I wear State in Liberty suits. They're so comfortable, they're great. But I don't know if I trust me even doing the worm on the floor.
Speaker 9: Worm.
Speaker 4: Come on, have you guys ever seen me?
Speaker 6: Do I look like a fish flopping dock?
Speaker 4: It's so bad?
Speaker 2: Ashley, what's going on?
Speaker 8: Why can't you.
Speaker 5: Be your own plus one?
Speaker 7: I feel like plus ones are for.
Speaker 5: When you need somebody to help you at a party instead of allow you to be the way.
Speaker 2: For the party.
Speaker 1: That's interesting, like the confidence of walking in there by yourself, like, I will tell you this, There are there are people and I don't know who they are, but I'm gonna tell you I see him at sometimes are still come by themselves. Man, they look like they own the idea. Kevin is one of those. Kevin can walk in somewhere and Kevin well, Kevin. Kevin never not knows somebody or will meet somebody. And I think that's an art that you have of doing it. We've got to rub off on Anna not bringing a plus? Why Why or you and Anna go together?
Speaker 2: Kevin?
Speaker 5: I already asked while he was wearing so we could match.
Speaker 2: I'll see
Speaker 1: Unless shows up is bye, Ashley